Speaker 1: All right, it is snell Zilla Saturday. I am with my guy, Blake Snell. That's a new thing, Blake's Nell snell Zilla Saturday.
Speaker 2: There you go, man, just keep making stuff up.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna do this every Saturday?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 2: Back to you in the boot.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's great to see you, and I love having you on the road trip.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts also said this, You're a great teammate because even though you're not able to pitch, you're still engaged in that dugout.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely love being here and and love supporting the guys. And it's good, you know, gonna watch the game, get to learn, get to see you know, successes, failures, and then talk to his team mates and trying to help them if I can, and if if that's some that you know they trust me with, but if not, just there for a voice or reason.
Speaker 1: It was so early, even at Dodger FanFest, when you were singing the praises of Hey song Kim. Now he's getting his chance. I don't think you ever doubted this guy could play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean he's faster than I thought. His defense got a lot better from spring till now, and his hitting is actually better from springtille now, so there's been a lot of improvement from him, which has been excited to see. I'm excited to see, you know, his journey through the next month and and seeing you know, how how that goes, how he handles it, if he succeeds, if he fails, the gams very difficult. So you don't really know what's going to happen, but you know right now watching him play, it's been a lot of fun and his energy is always happy. He's always excited about every day. So you know, that's really good to see.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the biggest thing in Major League Baseball? A lot of guys can do it for two or three games, maybe a week, but consistency, no matter what you're doing, seems to be the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you handle failure because it's coming, and it's however you handle it is what's the most important. If I think failure is a good thing, and if you look at it that way, it's gonna it's it's preparing you to be a better version of you, and you got to go through it to to really see that other side of you. I think there's a lot of good from it. But if you just go through the failure and you live in that moment and you're upset and frustrated and oh, I say, and you start believing that, then you'll be out of league pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Blake Snell on snell Zilla's Saturday is our guest. Where are you at as far as your progress to getting back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna be throwing here shortly, so we'll see. We're just taking the day, my day going slow, but we should know soon. So once once I feel one hundred healthy, ready to go, that's the plan and then we'll see from there.
Speaker 1: You feel like you're moving in the right direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every day, you know, some days I feel a little worse than the others. This is the longest I've been on the IL forever, so it's been frustrating and difficult to go through.
Speaker 2: But I like being on the road trip.
Speaker 3: I like being able to, you know, support the teammates and and more so just be selfless, stop worrying about myself and start wearing about the team. It's just really helped me mentally, just you know, focus on day by day and when it's my time, it will be my time, But right now it's not, and I got to accept that and focus on rehab, get as strong and healthy as I can get. Then when it's my time, I'll be ready to go.
Speaker 1: Hey Blake, I know you face Freddie Freeman a lot in your career, but now seeing him play every day, do you have a greater appreciation of who he is as a baseball player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I definitely do. He's he's better than I thought. How just like his consistency, his work. I think everything he does is just consistent. Same guy every day, doing the same thing, same approach, same intent. It makes sense, guys, you know, as good.
Speaker 2: As he is.
Speaker 1: What about seeing Otani only guy in baseball right now with ten home runs and ten stolen bases?
Speaker 2: I mean it's going up for sure.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, yeah, he's Good's all right? Yeah, you know, it's just like he was he was high cold. You know, it's I'm excited once we get, you know, halfway through the season, and you know you see the ups and the downs and how.
Speaker 2: They handle it.
Speaker 3: But you know, he's even when he's down, like you don't even know that. So that's what's pretty impressive, is you know his downs aren't even downs, so to watch him. He's getting hot, he's heating up, he's playing good ball. I know he likes Marlin's Ballpark as we saw, but yeah, I'm excited to see him continue to continue to grow and get better.
Speaker 1: Snell Zilla Blake Snell is our guest before I let you go. You have the most random connections with random people. Mark Ingram in Florida, first day at Marlin's Park. He's your guest on the field. How the heck do you know a running back as great as mark Ingram.
Speaker 3: I want to say random, I would say good people know good people. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just so random to you, it's random to me. It's normal.
Speaker 1: Who else is gonna pop out Bradley Cooper one day.
Speaker 2: If you want?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean good people, you know. I'm just I like to be around good people that have, you know, done pretty amazing things, and I like to pick their brain on what they did to be you know, a Heisman winner, or have a successful career like he did, or you know, just anything. But I like being around people that have accomplished things and ask questions and I find ways to meet people and just you know, find ways to get better.
Speaker 1: I see that every day. You're smarter than people think they're gonna see it soon.
Speaker 3: I guess I appreciate that. But yeah, I like that. I'm quiet. You know, people don't know much.
Speaker 1: Well, we had a great Saturday. I'll see you next Saturday.
Speaker 2: All right, Snell Zilla Saturday.
Speaker 1: There he is the man, Blake Snell. He'll receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan, Canaan's world best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit canaan dot com for your pair. I want to say Happy Mother's Day to everybody out there.
Speaker 2: They have a Mother's Day of my wife and to my mom.