Speaker 1: I'll write it. I'm forty six.
Speaker 2: This is also a special weekend for me for another reason, besides the fact that I am celebrating another anniversary with my bride christ to two point zero on June first, it's this weekend on June first, nineteen eighty And for Joe Aaudell, this may be a significant note for him since he's making his debut on the air on seven under WLW today. But I made my broadcast radio professional broadcast radio debut June first, nineteen eighty in Gallatin, Tennessee, at a station with the call itter's whin which I believe is still on the air. I didn't kill it and I didn't kill it either. It was a rough time, but it started an odyssey of a professional career that has now spanned, as of tomorrow, forty five years. So congratulations to me, pats on the back all of that. I was nineteen years old about life. I didn't know my head from a hole in the ground radio. I knew maybe a little bit more than that, but not much. And was talking with Dave Keaton, who's also in the broadcast booth this morning. I'm the producer training Joe. I was telling him that it was lucky that I still live with my parents, because back then, the minimum wage, and that's what I was getting paid, was roughly just over two dollars an hour. Now, the price of a big Mac was different than it is today, and all of that forty five years later. But as that first year in radio continued, I slept on people's floors just so I could stay over for a part time job that paid a little bit more than two dollars an hour. And there were a lot of times when all I had to eat was a pack of Lipton cup of soup, and I brought my tea bags with me. Even then I was a slave to iced tea. I brought my tea bags with me everywhere I went so i'd have something to drink. And this had go on for days. I'm not complaining, and people have been through much tougher times, and they're still going through tougher times by far right now. But I was bound and determined to have a career in radio, and it's even more difficult, if not impossible, now as it was then. But there's not a thing I would regret. I do regret. It's been a wonderful career. And if it all ended after today, Oh well, it was a nice run. But thanks to the thousands and perhaps millions at this point to have put up with me in the ensuing forty five years, it's been quite a ride. Let's talk to the lady Lynette. Good morning, Lynette.
Speaker 3: Hold my hand, Lord, hold mine hand. Please hold it tighter. You're my doctor, you're my lawyer, year my water when on Thursday? Please hold mind, lord, just hold my hand.
Speaker 1: Aymen, ay men? Indeed, how you doing me?
Speaker 3: I think I'm getting that Canadian smoke? I smell popular? Oh, maple tree.
Speaker 4: He's burning in your room?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my room smell like a campfire.
Speaker 1: I like this. I like the smell of a campfire.
Speaker 3: Well, God is here today?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I should come over to your place? What maybe I should be there? I love the smell of a campfire. Now now you're sure that it's poplar, oak and maple trees?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a bit more. Can smell those trees burning before it was on the news. I smelled it three days before it came to America.
Speaker 2: Wow, you must have a very very intense sniffers.
Speaker 1: A parakeet nose.
Speaker 2: I've met you, and your nose does not look like it belongs on a parakeet.
Speaker 3: Internally, I should work in mine. If I don't fall over Kimonian, it work.
Speaker 1: I think that's a canary. But okay, I got you.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Yeah, I had a birthday party yesterday and we had ice cream neopop and sandwiches and little cupcakes. I mean they caught them mini muffins and it tastes like apple and spice, but it had waner saw lined them up three at a time on my plate and enjoyed the muffins.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great. Do you like walnuts?
Speaker 3: Well, I like the black ones used to be in our yard. Yeah, but the English they're okay for your chicken salad and white grapes, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, enjoy the campfire smoke. Is it causing you breathing problems?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Opened them up at the towel over my face and go them by Wait a giant mask.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend in spite of that.
Speaker 3: Arry. Yeah, when I first started listening to you, you were my history book, walking history books, because you read what happened this day. We've been together twenty eight years, three months and three days, so it's me.
Speaker 2: It's kind of our anniversary too, isn't Yeah, Dailey, Happy anniversary, Lynette. I love you, bye bye bye, And Dick is hanging next going to rise and shine with our friend Dick from Dayton.
Speaker 1: Good morning Dick.
Speaker 6: Good morning Gary, Jip. I got the breaking news to go.
Speaker 2: Oh can you turn the music down? We have breaking news from Dick. What's the breaking news, Dick?
Speaker 6: Well, finally that I won't be here at the house, you know where Dad and Mom lived. I've got to go over to apartment facility where they have senior citizens. So i'll be there probably Wednesday, and we're getting to move. It'll be Stony Ridge apartments and I'll write it down and send it to the people so they know, like Dave, and that's where I'm going to be. So I guess it's just my friend's still in the nursing home. But I get to take my my my animal. I got to take cheese, you know, the cat. But oh yeah, I'll be over there, so there'll be bones there, so hopefully I can get up you know, next Saturday morning. But I'll still be able to call you though on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Well that's wonderful. I had some news for you too. Yes, I'm not going to be at Huddles today after the show show. I'm taking the day off so i can go to Alex Egan's and Shannon's wedding reception. But next Saturday, keepsake. Kim, the photographer who came to the enniversary party was taking all the pictures. Yes, next Saturday, June seventh, she will have the book. And I'm inviting people out who were there to come and sign the book for the anniversary party. And it sounds like you've got a lot going on next week, but if we can find it, I know Dave from Dayton's probably listening if he can figure out a way to get you down to Huddles next Saturday for a while. We're going to be there about two o'clock for the book sign, okay, and I would love to have you there, And you can bring your Yuke if you want, and you can come and say hi to the people so well. Listen, new beginnings and old friends, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 6: Say hey, Dave, it's Stony Rich apartments there in Miamisburg. That's where I'm going to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's great, and get when you get settled in, then you can have your your card sent.
Speaker 6: To good all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Well there's nothing else to say right now, but good night, Dick.
Speaker 6: You know like grey.
Speaker 1: Geth Usta Lavista, baby bye.
Speaker 2: Into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, May thirty first, twenty twenty five, Gary, Jeff Walker. Great to be with you again, coming up on six minutes after the hour, six h six Eastern, that is. And I would suppose it's time to talk to our friend Dave from Harrison bad Dad jokes and all. Good morning Dave, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Garrett, Jeff, Happy June even, Happy anniversary, Cea.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the sound effects. Listen. I want to try something different this time, Dave. Well it's kind of the same, but kind of different.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'll do.
Speaker 2: A one liner and then you do a one liner, and we'll let the audience decide by popular vote who's word better and and let's three is the magic number, so total will do six, You do your three, I'll do my three, and we'll let the audience decide by pole by silent pole.
Speaker 7: So you have to guess which hand is behind me to see who goes first.
Speaker 1: No, I'm the host of the show. I go first.
Speaker 2: Oh job, it's right a home job, So here I go. If two vegans get into an argument, is it still called having a beef?
Speaker 8: Jared?
Speaker 4: Did you hear that Plent Eastwood is opening a British No, it's called.
Speaker 7: Go ahead and make my day care center.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. It's Clint Eastwood's birthday today.
Speaker 2: What does a what does a monkey wear while he's cooking?
Speaker 1: An apron ron?
Speaker 5: An ape ron?
Speaker 7: An apron?
Speaker 4: Well, Gary jeffrom taking part in esteric climbing competition.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I guess I better step up my game.
Speaker 8: Huh, it's weak.
Speaker 2: What weighs more a gallon of water or a gallon of butane?
Speaker 7: I would say the water.
Speaker 2: Water, because but tane is a lighter fluid.
Speaker 9: He's yes, there was a fish.
Speaker 8: Okay, there was a fish.
Speaker 7: He was arrested for swimming without a license.
Speaker 5: He eventually posted bail and relieve.
Speaker 8: He says, I'm off.
Speaker 1: Now you say he said he was off the hook? Now, yes, that's what I thought you said.
Speaker 10: Jokes told by Day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Well minutes past the hour. How you doing really nice weekend for a change.
Speaker 2: We deserve it, don't we. After all of the doom and gloom and showers and rain of persistent rain that seemed like would never stop every day, the cooler than normal temperatures, this is starting to feel like it right there. Ike, Uh, Now an old friend. And when I say old friend, I guess it can qualify. We've known each other a long time, and well we're both old. Rick Washburn is here, old radio wreck, Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Good morning? I'm old. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Older?
Speaker 2: But anyway, my friend Greg Jones has a and I hope you're not offended by this, was doing a parody of our segment to me over the phone the other day, and that'd be great old talk radio Greg, And he says, you're coming in loud and clear. Five by five on my two thousand.
Speaker 1: And eight Nissan any.
Speaker 2: JVC was six by nine speakers in the back, and he was just going off on that. And I hope that he hears this and will be inspired to be awake and to call in some Saturday morning so we can have a non skyline three way.
Speaker 4: It'd be fun.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 2: So let's get to our reception report this morning. How are we coming in? What are you listening to us on? And tell me about this device?
Speaker 4: Well, thankfully you're coming in five by five this morning. And I say that because whether it's been the uh, the ash and the fire smoke, et cetera in the sky, the sun spot activity, or if it's our solar floor activity, the weather, the season's changing, I don't know, but reception has been pretty awful for the past few weeks. And it does tend to happen as we go into the warmer weather sometimes, but I think it's kind of a trifecta of unfortunateness. But this morning that doesn't seem to be bothering as much. And you are coming in five by five, which is well deserved.
Speaker 7: On this set.
Speaker 4: It's a nineteen forty one Westinghouse model number w R six two K one. It's a portable very similar to the Philco scene or look looking very similar to the Philco from the movie Philadelphia Story. Yeah, this one actually has an additional RF stage, so it's quite the DXer actually, and yeah, six tubes and a not too much to write about other than the fact that it runs on a C d C power or batteries which the modern equivalent would be a mere ten nine volt batteries plus another six d cls. But hey, whatever, and then it becomes a very luggable radio and you can bash somebody over the head with it. But hey, let's go to the catalog, shall we. Sure, let's see where should I start. Wendy Berry too enjoys the new Westinghouse carryatte Yes, that would be Wendy Rko Radio Picture Star and once a temporarily engaged to Bugsy Segell. Believe it or not, really, Wendy Berry is shown with Westinghouse carry It model w R six two K two. Oh, they put her with the fancy one.
Speaker 1: It's got the.
Speaker 4: Brown pigskin leather at makes it a truly handsome portable. It's not just fake leather, it's pig skin fake leather, the heck, let's see. And then jumping to another catalog, here it says housed in washable brown and ivory airplane luggage fabric with darker, contrasting striped saddle.
Speaker 2: Well, is it pigskin leather or is it washable fabric?
Speaker 4: Readers want to know? And I don't see a dark stripe saddle on the picture in either catalog. I guess there's two DIF models, so maybe one of them is the real fake leather and the other one is they're playing luggage fabric is but they're all black and white, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you had a if you had a piece of luggage and they would describe it as real fake radio fabric.
Speaker 1: It seems like like.
Speaker 2: Like they could, sure, ki, you know what if one If it's one, that's the other.
Speaker 4: For sure, and that description wouldn't be as bad as some of them in some of these catalogs.
Speaker 1: Let's face it.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, this radio brings more programs better to all outdoors beach parties, camping, fishing, boat trips, vacation tours, home and office. What type of outdoors is office?
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 2: If somebody he has enough money, I guess they could have a nice outdoor office. Rick, fair enough, But you said it was resemblance of the radio that's featured in the movie The Philadelphia Story, which is nineteen forty.
Speaker 1: Right. Yes, it's a.
Speaker 4: Great ret It's a very common style with the handle on the top, which is the best place to have a handle, the speaker, and the left dial on the right, and then three knobs on a volume. In the middle is battery you're plug in, and on the right is.
Speaker 1: Tuning and go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, and pretty much anybody who was manufacturing or putting their names on radios from forty to forty two, they had something that looked like this.
Speaker 2: Right, And it was I believe, featured in the classic movie The Philadelphia Story was outdoors where the radio was sitting on the patio.
Speaker 1: But was that his office?
Speaker 7: Is what I want?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure he made it his office.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's been such a blast talking to you all these years. We're not done yet, I I pray, but on this weekend, just thinking about forty five years back and thinking about these radios that are in many cases ninety years old, It's great to have an old friend like you around to talk to, enjoy the conversation always.
Speaker 4: Oh me too, buddy, and thanks for always being out there and sometimes being the shoulder that I need. And happy anniversary.
Speaker 2: Also, thank you very much Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to know more. Seven hundred WLW Sports once again with sports Joe Waddell.
Speaker 11: The Reds dominate Friday afternoon in Wrigley with a six to two win over the Chicago Cubs. The Reds are back at five hundred at twenty nine and twenty nine. Game two is another afternoon affair. Our coverage on the Big One begins this afternoon at one twenty with the inside pitch to twenty first pitch. Nickelodolo gets the nod on the mound for Cincinnati. The Memorial Tournament continues today. Ben Griffin leads the pack at seven under and tea times begin again at two PM today. In college baseball, Cincinnati defeats wake Forest eleven to six. Bearcats take on the host Tennessee Volunteers this evening at six. Wright State falls Number one Vanderbilt four to three despite leading three to zero for most of the game. Raiders get East Tennessee State this afternoon at three pm and Miami falls to Tennessee nine to two. RedHawks will battle Wake Forest today at noon. This is Joe Waldell seven hundred Wow Sports.
Speaker 2: From Gary Jeff Walker at seven hundred WLW dot Com. From Dennis P. I wish I'd seen this. I've been driving a long time and I've never seen this. A shout out to the gentleman on seventy five North near Exit seven, who's probably way past that point.
Speaker 1: This was about eight minutes ago, who.
Speaker 2: Has a riding lawnmower strapped to the top of his car on the luggage rack.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And also yesterday I got an email from a longtime listener named Ernie mcloney on the Trump pardon of PG Sittenfeld and him scratching his head about it. And I understand a lot of people have been and I have some thoughts as well on the Trump pardon. He writes, Scary Jeff, I hope Saturday you will have someone on to talk with about Sittenfeld being pardoned by President Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll have me on my show.
Speaker 2: I love and have supported President Trump from his first time in office. However, some things are happening now that I don't understand. I am not from Cincinnati, but you can't live in our area and not have heard all the terrible details surrounding Sittenfeld's trial. Everything I heard sounded like he was guilty as sin. Therefore, I can't understand Trump doing this, so him threatening to primary our Congressman, Massy over voting no on the Big Beautiful Bill along with the Ohio congressman. Support Trump if you may, but you can't disagree with Massey that we need to cut the national budget debt. Truth be known, I am not sure the Big Beautiful Bill is the way to go. There is some good things in the bill, like tax cuts and etc. Maybe the bill should have been broken down in certain parts voted on separately.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you are on all of this, but it would be.
Speaker 2: Interesting if you had someone unfamiliar with the facts discussing all of this. Thanks sincerely, Ernie mccloney, Verona, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: There's so much to unpack there, you know what, Ernie, Please, if you will allow me some time. I do have very specific thoughts, but William had thoughts about Columbia and Harvard University receiving taxpayer money.
Speaker 1: Good morning, William.
Speaker 12: Hey, thank you sir. It's a privilege to talk to you, and thank you for taking my call. With all due respect, I mean, I think it was a smart ideal that Trump come up with is take these colleges. We got enough people in college. What we're lacking in is people actually know crafts in this country. And that's a good ideal. I think put it towards we need people to know how to do plumbing, know how to build. I mean, we got enough people put you know, in college and what are what are they doing? I mean all they doing is just walking around qushing money down the dream and where's our results? We are not getting the best results, just like in the public schools. With all due respect, we've had the highest on public school education and look at us we're on the bottom.
Speaker 2: Well, William, I I can't disagree. I can't disagree with what you're saying one bit. Whatever happened to shop class, what happened to trade schools in high schools, not just in college. What happened to vocational training? There is still some of that, but it's far and few between, and instead there seem to have been an emphasis, especially the last four years, on teaching critical race theory and gender dysphoria, acceptance pronouns and the like as opposed to actual education that really helps people. Thank you for the call, and I appreciate. But what I've never understood is why and how private institutions like Harvard, who have billions of dollars in endowments to keep them going, need any public tax payer money in the first place. It should all be yanked away, period. End of story, end of discussion. As far as I'm concerned, six twenty seven at seven underd WLW, we are blessed always to have this next guy on the wisdom of the wit. The historical background and the great cogent commentaries provided on a weekly basis have become a staple of this show. It all started years ago when this man started sending me what I called pithy emails, and it was just commentary on the news of the day, the news of the week, with historical references. And then he started calling, and the magic really happened then because these are one of the He's one of the great voices not only of this show, but of Saturday Morning. Steve Simon, Evetna Ohio.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning Gary Jeff. The Washington Times has recently posed a very interesting political question, why had Jimmy Carter are gone from a loud and proud Southern Baptist who believed in God's deal with Abraham for the special protection of the Jews in Israel to vocal critic of contemporary Israel and a supporter of Palestine independence. The Times alluded to the investigative reporting of Jack Anderson and William Sapphire during Carter's failed one term as President of the United States. Both Jimmy Carter and fellow member of the so called Georgia Mafia, Bert Lance, had close financial ties to a palate or oh, no excuse me, ties to a Pakistani banker named Aga Abetti. Abetty's bank is b c c I. Bert Lance was Jimmy Carter's director of the Office of Management and Budget OMB. When Bert was a big shot with the National Bank of Georgia, he played fast and loose with that bank's money. With the Carter family peanut farm close to bankruptcy, Bert engineered a four point six billion dollar loan from his National Bank of Georgia. At the same time, Bert went hunting for a white night to bail himself out of a three point five million dollar debt he had to the National Bank of Georgia. Since all of this was getting way too close to the Oval office, Bert resigned from OMB. Simultaneously, mister Abetti's BCCI bank bailed Lance out of that debt he owed to his bank. That put BCCI and mister Abetty under the microscope of federal bank regulators. They found out that the Pakistani and his bank was laundering drug money and surreptitiously buying up US banks. Both of those are a violation of federal law. Betty also admitted that BCCI was created to fight quote Zionist influence unquote in Middle Eastern finance. So the Carter Peanut farm lived to harvest another day or two, and Jimmy's attitude towards Zionism and the two state solution changed dramatically. Ironically, one of Jimmy's five autobiographies is entitled Keeping Faith, But What faith are we talking about? BCCI is a story that hardly ended with Jimmy Peanut and Bert Lance enter another suspicious character or lack thereof former United States Senator, Secretary of State and Envoy on climate John Carey carry has a long and inglorious history with Middle East terrorist states like Iran. But I also found a connection to the investigation of BCCI Bank. Yes, let's move on for the cargo. In this administration. To the early nineties, Senator Kerrie and a colleague on a Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee conducted hearings on BCCEI Bank, among others, and their cozy relationships with US financial interests. The scathing report by that subcommittee entitled one of its sections, BCCI and Georgia Politicians. The report blasted US regulators for failure to police international banking incursions into the US banking model. But John Kerry's current interests in the Middle East belie these earlier concerns. As Obama's Secretary of State, Kerry allegedly blocked an FBI probe into Iranian terrorists as part of a nuclear deal with Tehran. He was also accused of paying Iran one point seven billion dollars as a ransom payment to free five American prisoners. During Donald Trump's first term, Kerry was slammed for conducting foreign policy sessions with Iranian sources related again to a nuclear deal. Concurrently, he was accused of leaking Israeli secrets to the Iranians. Remember, his official title was Special Climate Envoy. Donald Trump has finally fired Kerry from his Climate Envoy position. Rumors circulate that John Kerrey has invested, along with members of his family, in Iranian real estate. Foreigners can own buildings in Iran, but the land remains Iranian. Yes, the US has laws covering quote foreign direct investment, but you could cover your tracks by going through a third party like Saudi Arabia, which has an investment agreement with Tehran. Just check sands of wealth on the Internet. That's where I found out the rules. N Carry and Jimmy Carter have apparently discovered that the coin of the American realm has two sides heads. The politician wins, tails, the US citizen loses. Gary Jeff, congrats on forty five years in broadcasting. Sir, you are coming in.
Speaker 4: Five by five.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Take care of yourself, oh man, thank you so much for that. Ray and Loveland, brother Scott, how are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Gary Jeff Walker my friend? Yes, and didos Gary Jeff?
Speaker 9: Did those?
Speaker 5: Gary Jeff and so Steve just completely blew my mind. Just now to go back and listen to that slow mo wow you know BC Ecci, we remember that vaguely and then.
Speaker 7: It just it all comes together.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, And I.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's great, He's great connecting the dots.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 5: Incredible. And I just have just a little bentons of a donation of something sifting through the headlines, you know, and those who know you know what.
Speaker 7: A sifter is.
Speaker 5: I know and a lot of us do, and I you have to sift through the headlines to find some good news on the economy because what's in the headlines they usually nowadays it seems to have flipped to negativity, so to speak. And it caught my eye late yesterday that well, and you may or may not hear this, but the Federal Reserve now has come out and said and predicted that in the second.
Speaker 8: Quarter of this year.
Speaker 5: GDP will grow at three point eight percent.
Speaker 1: And well, that's phenomenal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm lucky.
Speaker 5: Where's the recession is question there?
Speaker 8: You know, in.
Speaker 5: Personal income has rised rapidly or the words in Wall Street Journal rapidly rose you know, all is down fifteen percent year to date, and there's moves in that area to possibly make it drop further because the Saudis they are on a relentless pursuit of maintaining their market share at all costs.
Speaker 7: So Ray, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like what you're talking about, and how there's negativity in the media especially and fears of a recession and all of the things that keep on being battered around publicly to try and convince people that they've got it worse than they actually do. It's the same thing that Morgan Freeman referenced years ago when asked about racism in America. He said, if we quit talking about it, it would simply not exist at all. And it's the same thing. If you quit talking about a recession, then there would be no threat of a recession right now, even with tariffs and everything else. That all the negativity which is basically centered around targeting Donald Trump. So what you are referencing here and what you're pointing out is the obvious you create it by talking about it when it doesn't actually exist. You get where I'm coming from.
Speaker 5: The psyops operation.
Speaker 7: What is the old saying, You know.
Speaker 5: I act enthusiastic, therefore I am enthusiastic, And you're one hundred percent correct. So here's to the truth. Here's to the truth. God bless you, my brother.
Speaker 1: God bless you always. Thank you. Ray.
Speaker 2: With that, we'll take a break. Steve Shulty up with an environmental update. You just heard the news. Yeah, if you live in Ohio, Duke is hiking your electric rates starting tomorrow twenty five percent. I don't know how we we get out of that, how we make something positive out of that, but anyway, we will discuss as we continue. It is the Saturday Morning Edition on seven hundred WLW. Yes, yes, yes, indeed, another hour The Saturday Morning Edition begins seven six am Eastern. That is Gary Jeff Walker with you once again. Coming up on June seventh. If you were at the anniversary party where we get together to celebrate this show, the people that are on it, the people that listen to it, we had a great time. Everybody who came out agreed. Back on March fifteenth, well, the pictures are back is coming out. Keepsake Kim Rice from Keepsake Photography does a fantastic job. She does it on her own dime, and she has the book ready. She does a little scrap book of pictures of everybody who is there and the special magical moments we celebrated together and it is ready and next Saturday around two pm if you gather with us at six twenty eight Mama Street in Newport at Huddles, you can see the book. I'd love to have you sign it if you will. Just like a high school annual and anyway, it's it's become a kind of a special occasion and again a chance to see everybody or as many people who can show up for that special event next Saturday, that will be June seventh, around two pm there on Mama Street in Newport. Let's talk to our environmental engineer, my friend Steve Shulty, who we've had a relationship over the air gosh for over twenty years, maybe twenty five, I don't know, but he is back again and he's talking about the research that has supported a global medieval warm period, in other words, before fossil fuels were being burnt by you know, combustion engines and all of the like that we're told we're going to kill the planet because well, we're more powerful than mother nature when we're a part of mother nature. Steve Shulty, good morning, sir.
Speaker 14: How are you Garry, Jeff, Yes, This comes from the Heartland Institute Climate Change Weekly five forty two from May. Second headline is the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change shit the Middle Medieval Warm period. New research published in the journal name Tature suggests the MIDI of warm period, this runs from nine to fifty to about twelve to fifty AD, not only existed a historic fact the climate alarmists tried to erase from histories, but at some points warmer today. It was so warm back then, Gary Jeff that Leif Erickson and the Vikings left their Iceland traveled west and as they approached the southern tip of Greenland at the time, which was forested, they saw all greens.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 14: We got Greenland and actually stablished several settlements there until it went cold. Then it went further on onto what is today called Newfoundland, North America. This was five hundred years before Christopher Columbus, and they found something that didn't exist in Iceland, wild grapes, so they called it Vinland. Of course, there are no wild grapes in Newfoundland today. It's too cold anyway. So if this is true, the twenty first century has not only experience has not experienced high temperatures unseen in the past thousand, two thousand, twelve thousand or so years, as the mainstream media and un have claimed, and they do this by saying that the Medieval Warm period was a regional and just had modest warming. So these researchers book from Italy and Switzerland, used all kinds of data, satellite, ground penetrating, radar, carbon dating of the Boulder Clay Glacier in Victoria Land in the southern coast of Antarctica. And the reason why this is important is that if anyone wishes to understand the climate history of Earth, it is because the Antarctic landscape is one of the most stable environments on the Earth, at least for approximately fourteen million years.
Speaker 1: Right, so it's been around.
Speaker 14: When you look at you, you know, things are pretty stable. So basically, the new study re established that the significantly warmer Medieval Warm period and climb in history. And again why is it important Because they looked at Antarctica. If the Medieval Warm period warmed Antarctica, it warmed the entire Earth.
Speaker 1: Yes, it wasn't a original thing.
Speaker 2: It wasn't It was all over the Earth, and it wasn't caused by industrial production or US throwing carbon into the air. It was caused by something, I would say it because something something by the like, Oh, I don't know, the sun, possibly the.
Speaker 14: Sun, the Earth's orbit around the Sun. Yes, cloud cover all kinds of things well, which we still do not fully fully.
Speaker 1: Understand nothing that man was doing.
Speaker 14: In other words, yep, and unfortunately when it went cold around twelve.
Speaker 8: Fifty a d.
Speaker 14: Guess what happened in Europe all of a sudden it was called the Black Plague.
Speaker 1: Yeah, earth went old.
Speaker 14: Crops failed, people didn't have as much to eat as they did before, and now they couldn't resist something that was probably around, you know, for eons.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Well I think with it.
Speaker 14: One quarter to one third of the European population died during the Black Plague.
Speaker 2: Warmer is better always, you got it, Thank you, Steve. Appreciate mister Shilty very very much. It's seven to twelve at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you like it or not?
Speaker 2: The cyber world affects our daily lives more and more all the time. Duke Energy is gonna in Ohio raised the kilowatt rate twenty five percent starting tomorrow. If you're a buyer of electricity from Duke Energy, and most of you are. You're going to pay twenty five percent more per kilo one hour, part due in part to AI and the incredible energy that needs to be generated to support artificial intelligence, which is the craze. Everybody, whether you like it or not, you were affected by things in the Internet of Things world, and that's why I thought it was important to bring in our friend Dave Hatter from Interust Media, our intrust and also the mayor of Fort Wright once again Doomsday Dave wearing his luminum foil hat.
Speaker 1: How you doing. I'm good, Jerry, Jeff, how are you fantastic? Listen? First off, tell me about this latest data breach.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is pretty wild and I would say one of the worst. In recent reporting. There's been a lot of data breaches, and I would bet you every one of your listeners has gotten a lead one letter from some company that claims their data was lost. And you know, usually that's because of some kind of misconfiguration or some data stolen. And when that happens, in most cases, not always, but in most cases, whatever passwords they might have collected are typically still hashed or encrypted, so they can be used, but you've got further steps.
Speaker 7: It's more difficult.
Speaker 8: What looks like has happened based on the reporting in this case is about one hundred and eighty four million records were found on a website by a guy that does this sort of research, and apparently it's from people's accounts on just about everything you can demandagine Instagram, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple, you name it. So it doesn't appear to be targeted from any particular company, like they were able to break into Apple and steal something that I'm miss throwing out Apple as an example. It looks like it's just accounts from all over the place. It looks like there's a lot of plaintext passwords. Plaintext fancy speak for it's readable by the human eye. So you know, if it had your accounts in there, I could see your password and immediately start using it, as opposed to if it were encrypto passed, I'd still have to try to crack it, right, So that's what makes this a bigger deal. It's suspected that some kind of infostealer or key circlagger may have been used to collect all of this data. And again, think about that one hundred and eighty four million records. If there are plain text passwords and each one of those, that means each one of those accounts is potentially open for bad guys to start hacking at it. So it's pretty bad. This news just broke. It's been taken down, so that's good. But no one is sure how long it was out there. No one is exactly sure where it came from yet. So my first piece of advice to everyone is, you know, you should assume that you could be in it. No one has also posted any sort of tool to search to see if you're in it yet that I know of. And you should really start thinking about out the things we talk about all the time, Gary Jeff. Making sure you have strong, unique passwords for all of your accounts. This would be a good time to change your passwords, and less than until you can confirm one or more of your accounts may not be in there and be a good time to change your pass.
Speaker 2: What about just what about just closing those accounts completely?
Speaker 8: Well, that's not bad advice, Gary Jeff. And you know, in general, if you are no longer using an account, you really should close it. You should delete apps you're not using anymore, so you know, if you have an old Gmail account, let's say that you're not using it would be really good to go ahead and close that down. But you know the big threat here besides the open text, the plain text passwords rather, is it the bad guys also them Many people will use the same password on multiple accounts. So if I can get your passwords or Facebook, let's say, and it also happens to be the password for your insurance company or your bank account or whatever, right you know, I'm off to the race. And remember, most of the time these people want your money. They'll steal your data to get to your money, but usually they want your money. And this is also a strong example of why everyone should be using multifactor authentication everywhere that they can multi factor two factor two step verification, whatever you want to call it, because if you turn that on, while it is not fool proof, it can be defeated. It's much much more difficult to get around. And for the average hacker who's just trying to steal your money, if they have your password, they still can't log in because they need that code. That code typically they are the code that would be texted to your code for example, that only lasts thirty seconds in most cases, so it really does make it much more difficult for them to use any stolen credentials. So turn on MFA, folks, consider changing your passwords.
Speaker 7: And let's hope this.
Speaker 8: Wasn't out there that long, but to even collect one hundred and eighty four million records would take a while.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got like one more minute. There was one more thing you wanted to bring up, real quick day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the FBI has recently warned about replacing your old home Wi Fi routers, and just to keep us in time, bottom line is, if you have any devices that don't get updates from the manufacturer anymore, replace them. You know, if it's more than five or six years old, you should think about replacement because something like your WiFi router, they've come a long way. They're faster, they're more resilient, they're more robust, they have more security features. But they point out if you have a Wi Fi router you know from twenty ten or earlier, is essentially a sitting duck. They're being targeted. You need to replace this then.
Speaker 2: All right, the FBI's weren't very well, sir. We will talk to you in the next few weeks. And it's always great to have you on the show, Dave, thank you so much, my pleasure to thank you, bet you.
Speaker 7: And now this.
Speaker 2: Time for the Tom Davis Diaries or the that mad man again is named Tom Davis, and he's here with a report or correspondent, wild wacky stories from the world in such.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 15: This week you want to break a record, you better get to KFC. But first, a family in Bell County, Kentucky got a big surprise at the dinner table when a black bear fell through the ceiling and landed in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: It landed on a woman.
Speaker 15: It's not clear whether or not the woman was mom, but the lady was all right and she was able to get out along with the rest of the family. Cop showed up found the bear sitting on the stove. The bear eventually went out an open door. Apparently it got in through the attic using a ladder.
Speaker 1: That was left on the outside of the house.
Speaker 15: In Maryland, a sixteen year old kid went on a crime spree, breaking into one hundred and twenty one cars in one night.
Speaker 1: It's got to be some kind of a record.
Speaker 15: He was in jail for a couple of hours before he was released a juvie. We can only hope the young soul will turn away from a life of crime, or perhaps get better at evading police. Speaking of theft, it's despicable, but it happened. Catherine Taylor from Bardon, Florida, is accused of stealing items from a cemetery. She was caught on tape taking items that loved one was left for the dearly departed. Turns out she had a thing for wind chimes. She took dozens of the things from the gravestones and set them up in her backyard. She was charged with criminal mischief. And finally she's breaking records and she's not afraid to tell the world how she's doing it. Bailey Tolbert of Festus High School in Missouri is crediting the Kernel with her success. She's breaking records at track events and says it's because of the KFC honey packet she downs before the event. She says the sauce gives her confidence and increases her speed. Her mom says it's all in her head. Next week, twelve year old pulled over for speeding tells the cops he's got to get his nine year old brother who's in the passenger seat to the barber.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend you too. Thanks Tom.
Speaker 2: By the way, No, after the show show at Huddles today, there will not be I will not be there, taking this week off and Jim lebarbera rock 'n' roll archaeology coming up after the news into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, May thirty first, twenty twenty five, and a versary day for me and christ To two point zero. Eleven years ago we were on it was going to be a gorgeous day. It was a gorgeous day, just like today is going to be a little bit warmer.
Speaker 1: I believe we were on the.
Speaker 2: Patio at York Street Cafe in Newport, so I think it's called something else now. Anyway, Terry and Betsy Cunningham allowed us to have that that area for a reconnection ceremony because before that May thirty first, nineteen ninety seven, we were married the first time. So we chose when we rediscovered each other and got back together. That's why she's christ To two point oh, or maybe I'm Gary Jeff two point zero. Either way works. We wanted to do it on that date, the original wedding date in nineteen ninety seven, was just It was raining cats, dogs, and other mammals out of the sky all day long, rain on your wedding day, just like isn't it ironic?
Speaker 1: Lyrics?
Speaker 2: But that day eleven years ago in twenty fourteen was absolutely perfect. It was gorgeous. My mom and dad were in town. Dad took us out to dinner, much to his chagrin, perhaps Christa ordered lobster. No woman can destroy a crustacean the way my wife can. And we danced and had friends and family around. Le Barbara was there. The music professor, Pastor rich living Good performed the ceremonies, and it was just a perfect day. And we're hoping that today is because later on today we'll be celebrating our anniversary at the wedding reception of one Alex Egan, who is marrying his bride Shannon today, And we were blessed enough to be issued invitations for that, And I said, what a perfect way to spend their anniversary.
Speaker 1: Somebody else is getting married on our.
Speaker 2: Day, so I know she's up and listening now. Good morning, my love, Chris to two point zero, Happy eleven years and we're celebrating it with Fetchen Frankie, our new wonder cat who just came into our lives last Thursday. And he'll never take Brooksy the Catdog's place, but he already has a week later a special place in our hearts. So thanks to one and all for the good wishes and the happy anniversaries and the like, and we proceed.
Speaker 1: Science.
Speaker 2: Mike back with another Science Minute here on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 13: Yes as a night of scientists, a bit surprising all blinded me with.
Speaker 2: And by the way, keep saying, Kim was there snapping photographs of that, and we have some very special memories preserved because of her efforts.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kim and Bruce. Rice. Mike, how are you brother? Did you toast? What is your toast with? I have?
Speaker 2: I have no remembrance of what we toast with because the whole day was like a great toast to us, just having assembled family and friends around it. It was just it was a wonderful day and I'm thinking today will be no different.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations, thank you so much. How long have you been here for?
Speaker 9: I always say the joke and she slaps me when I say this, Do you mean happily or I'm just.
Speaker 8: Thirty six.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: See my parents who are still we are still blessed to have around, just celebrated their sixty seventh wedding anniversary this past January. Oh yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 9: My in laws they were married over sixty years. And my parents my mom and they were sixty two. So you know, you don't see that much, you know anymore? Usually, yes, that kind of rarity. But my quick rant is to do energy. Hey, if you're increasing my bill because of ai U sees and bitcoin minors, just send a bill to them. Don't don't increase my stuff house a man, give them the bill. You know who they are.
Speaker 1: Just send them to well.
Speaker 2: But don't you see they're all benefiting our lives and making our lives better.
Speaker 7: Nobody but them.
Speaker 9: Binding bitcoin isn't doing me one benefit at all now and as far as they I go, so I can get on chat GP Jeff GBT and ask them for the best lason your recipe.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that. Well, no, I agree. What have we got on the science side?
Speaker 9: Okay, real quick, this is make chip Hart would like this? Gary Jeff? All right, I know you and I we go up to Lake Erie occasionally too. But this is uh they you know, they have those algae ballooms in the summer of the lake. They almost are really these algaebras are called cyanobacteria blooms, and they create toxins.
Speaker 1: And like in.
Speaker 9: Twenty to twenty oh seven, they had a toxin and created that I'll give it the name. I was called the Saxo toxin and was a it's a neurotoxin. They almost had to shut down the whole water supply at Lake Erie, and it's.
Speaker 1: Really bad up there. But what happened.
Speaker 9: What happened is in the University of Michigan UH school up there, they have discovered in this cyandobacteria algae what organism actually creates all these toxins. And what they had to do is they took samples of these blooms and they had this is kind of amazing. They had a sequence all the DNA of all the water samples they've taken these algae blooms over over say eight to ten years, and then they broke down to the genome sequence for which gene is producing out of these out out of the the cyanobacteria blooms which gene is producing the toxins. And they've actually discovered that the specific organism responsible for creative toxins. And I'll just give you the name of these, this dalko spermam.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know what.
Speaker 9: That doesn't you know, all these words are big words, but the beauty of it is, Gary, Jeff. Now that they know the organism that's causing the toxins, now they can actually manage environmental type conditions and and things that are actually helped this organism proliferate when it's when when when the temperature increases. And uh, it's not a big deal. You know, only certain people appreciate this. But when you go up there they have an algae bloom, it is miserable. You can't just it's the whole lake just shuts down. It's it's really uh.
Speaker 2: You know what I have been on my few trips up there. I have been during one of the more minor bloom. And I will tell you the stuff. The stuff stinks, does it just reads it really does. All right, Michael, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I'll see you next Saturday.
Speaker 2: All right, fantastic, great, great, all right, science Mike from Dell High and Rick Green with today's Bible Verse coming up in just a few Good.
Speaker 1: Morning Kids, time for gives.
Speaker 2: From Wally Today it's a gift from Pat Donaldan guy goes to the he's got a tooth that has just been killing him for like a week. Sits down in the chair and she does the examination. She does the x rays, comes back with the x rays, said I'm sorry. I the only thing I can do for you is just to extract this thing. We got to pull it. He goes, okay, let's let's get to it. She starts preparing the novacne needle. He goes, oh, no, no, I don't do needles. I I can't, said, well, I mean I want to do something for your pain. And she gets out the the face mask for the gas, the nitrous socks, and he goes, no, no, I had I had the gas once I was loopy for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: I don't want the gas.
Speaker 2: She goes, it's gonna be pretty painful without any She said, I know, here, take this viagra like niagra. Is that really for pain relief? And she said no, but it may give you something to hold on to while I pull this tooth.
Speaker 1: On Time for the little.
Speaker 2: Injection of sports beyond just reports and the Reds and FC Cincinnati and the NBA and all the rest.
Speaker 1: Hey, mo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's going on is? First I wanted to talk to you something unsports related. We had this new drive through coffee shop open up in Newport and apparently these are all the rage now.
Speaker 1: They're popping up everywhere.
Speaker 2: And what I can't figure out is why is there a traffic jam being caused on Carruthers Road in Newport by this seven brew coffee shop? I pointed out, just because of the location where they placed it is not advantageo, just to traffic flow for the rest of us who don't want seven dollars coffee or whatever it's And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It is just coffee.
Speaker 2: Why are people so nuts that they will wait a half an hour in line for a cup of coffee? Are they giving it away? Are you one of these people who will wait in a line at a drive through for a cup of coffee or a latte or whatever it is they're serving Because I.
Speaker 7: Don't get it, well, Number one, I can't wait to go there to try that cup of coffee. Number two, I hate waiting in line, so you know, we have a little deli in the lobby of our right great Skips right, and occasionally I will go down there to get a sandwich. If the line is more than two people deep, I don't do it. So I can't. I can't speak to anybody who wants to wait in line for pretty much anything. So I don't know. But now I badly want to try to coffee.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm anywhere around there and see the ensuing traffic jam lined up in their little drive through. And this is brand new, So anybody who lives in Newporter passes through that on Carruthers Road and sees the incredible log jam, traffic jam just to get into this call, which is preventing people from getting places where they actually need to go.
Speaker 1: I just think to myself.
Speaker 2: In fact, I've actually driven past before and rolled the window down and said.
Speaker 1: It's just coffee. Come on, what's wrong with you people?
Speaker 2: Maybe somebody will call and let me know what the deal is because I don't get it. Let's get to first off, let's get to the reds. And one of the moves they made this week was trading Daz, which maybe should have happened weeks ago. Because the guy has just proven to be fool's gold at this point in his career, pie right.
Speaker 1: He is not.
Speaker 2: When they brought him back up after the injury, he obviously got shelled in his first appearance. They sent him back down to Louisville and he wasn't getting the ball over the plate there, so they shipped him out to Los Angeles. And I told somebody else, I said, if he gets back to the big leagues, he'll either be great like so many other former Reds, or his career is over. And I would kind of side on his careers over, kind of. I mean, unless he can resurrect it. What do you think about the former Reds closer Daz?
Speaker 7: What an amazing fall, you know? Two years ago Alexis Diaz was pitching in the All Star Game in a Reds uniform, and twenty two and a half months later it was based given away. Now, nothing against the guy they got for him, but a guy who was an All Star two years ago was traded for a pitcher who has appeared in two professional baseball games. This obviously was partially about performance, and Alexis Daz at the big league level did not perform well and his performances in Louisville weren't very good. But I think there was something about Alexis Daz that they just said, we're done. And I think it was effort. I think it was attitude. I don't think this was you know, we're giving up on him as a pitcher. I think this was there's something about him as a guy that we just don't want a part of our organization. I don't know that as a fact, but I think if you read between the lines and if you you know, if you listen to or read what everybody was saying about Alexis in spring training, it was you know, does he show up in shape, does he have the right attitude? Because last year he didn't. My guess is this year he didn't. And I'm going to yes, there's something that happened, well he was in Louisville that compelled the Reds to go, you know what, get something for him, anything, And so he did, We're done.
Speaker 2: And I will tell you this, And maybe it's too early to be saying this, or earlier in the season, we'd all agreed that the Reds bullpen had held up pretty well with a team that had, you know, been suffering consistent power outages. Offensively, but something about the last couple of times I've seen Tony Santina up on the mountain relief. I mean, I was afraid he was going to blow it again last night and he almost did. Or yesterday afternoon against the Cubs. What's your assessment of where Tony Santien is at this point.
Speaker 7: I'm with you. I was at the game yesterday. I'm in Chicago right now. I thought he was going to cough it up. You know, at some point the bullpen was going to I don't want to say regress, but the bullpen for the first six seven weeks of the season was so good, right, I think in large part because the starting staff had given the red such great length. I think the issue with the bullpen, and you could apply this to Tony Santen and others, is I'm not sure who should pitch when right, Like, I don't know if Amelia Pagan is a true closer. I'm not sure if Tony Santien is a true eighth inning guy. I don't know ideally what role Graham Ashcraft should fill. You know, for a couple of weeks I felt like Luis May was going to help out the bullpen, and he just got sent to Louisville this week, So I think they have some good arms. I don't know that they have clearly defined roles in the bullpen. And what's frustrating about that is the starting pitching, to me, at least over the first two months of the season, was good enough for them to be able to establish clearly defined roles in the bullpen, and they haven't done that. I think Tony Santien has a really good arm. There are times where he looks like the big Lee closer. There are times where it feels like he just screws around and tries to nibble, and I think we yesterday it was an example of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Luis May that you just referenced, just has a hard time. I think the first time people saw him. The ball is so lively and it's so fast that they just worth swinging at air. But he has a hard time finding the plate locations. His problem and it's not a problem for the red starter yesterday Andrew Abbott. That is his ace in the hole is his ability to locate pitches. And it's too early in his career mode to say this, I understand, but to me, the pitcher he reminds me most of and we'll be able to say this in ten years if he's still in the league in ten years. He reminds me of Greg Maddox. Doesn't have doesn't have the velocity you know that other starting pitchers have that a Hunter Green has or something like that. But he just has such great location. What do you think about that assessment?
Speaker 7: I think it's a great one because you're right. You know, he doesn't blow you away with a fastball. He doesn't. His swing and mis rate could be higher, but you know what you watch. I used to I used to talk about this with Greg Maddox. You never see the catcher's mitt move right. Where he sets up is where the ball is going to go. And with Andrew Abbott, that's the case. Number One, he was terrific yesterday. Number Two, it's not too early to start talking about who's going to be in the All Star Games. Yeah, Andrew Abbott is the most likely Read's All Star. Who would have thought that before the season on a team with Eli Dela Cruz and Matt McClain and Tyler Stevenson who is starting to hit, and Hunter Green. You know, Andrew Rabbit burst on the scene two years ago and made you go, boy, this guy might have a chance to stick in the reds rotation. You could argue he's their staff face, and you're exactly right. Like he doesn't screw around on the mound. You know, he's not consistently getting into you know, two O holes, but when he does, he can pitch out of them, and he did yesterday. He's been terrific this year and uh got a good chance to pitch in the All Star Game, which I think would be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Well, seeing some of the game yesterday, and and and that's the first thing that came to mind, because I remember watching Greg Maddox in the eighties with the Atlanta Braves and nineties and just he reminds me an awful lot of them. We bragged, I bragged on Austin Hayes last week, and you said, well, if he can stay healthy, and here he is on the tendil again, and that was that was a that was a brutal foul off the end step of his foot. I mean he tried to he tried to leg it out and tough it out, but no, it was that was not good.
Speaker 7: So bad for him because in high school. That's what I did. I broke my foot selling a ball off of it, and I was watching the game with my wife and said, that's going to be a problem. U. They don't make a shoe that is good enough to keep you from hurting yourself when you do that. But it's a shame because when he is healthy, especially against Lefti's, which this team is awful against Lefty's. But when he is healthy, he has done nothing but hit. But in two months he's now been on the injur list three times. Ka's issue, hamstring issue, and now the foot. You know, you hate to say fragile because I think anybody who had done what he did the other night in Kansas City, I thought his foot was broken. I'm glad it's not. It's just a contusion, But anybody who had done that would have had a hard time playing. But yeah, it's a shame because he has been so good. He has been exactly what they hoped he would be when they acquired him. He just cannot stay healthy and that's a problem for a team that has had a hard time with outfield production.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about that.
Speaker 2: The NBA playoffs, you know, we've been tracing the trajectory of your New York Knicks. And while they got pounded by the Pacers in the first couple of games, they have come back, it's they're still in the precipice of going home at three to two, especially going back to Indiana. But watching that game the other night, and I think I text you Thursday when the Knicks had secured the victory and brought the series back to Indianapolis, they shut down Teres Halliburt and that was a key. Can they do that at home? I don't think so. And but this has the potential to be one of the greater Game six is in NBA playoff history tonight, don't you think?
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 7: It's been a great series. The game Game five was the only lopsided game in the series. They've all been within ten points aside from Game five. You know, the Indiana Pacers are the NBA team that's closest to Cincinnati, and I know we're not a huge en If I was not a Knicks fan, I would fall in love with that Pacers team because I think offensively there's so much fun to watch. They share the ball, you can't double team them inside. They have shooters all over the perimeter and they play fast, and I think that's the key. If you watch Game five, what did the Knicks do. They slowed the game down. They got the game and a half court pace. When the Pacers have been really good in this series, they have played up and down. It's been a track me. So I think that's the key for Game six, and I think that'll be the key for Game seven if it gets there. How fast did they play? If they play at the pacers pace, Indiana will win. If the Knicks can mess it up and slow it down a little bit, which they did in Game five, they have more than a puncher's chance because they have two great players in Jalen Brunton and Karl Anthony Towns. And I can't wait to see if they could extend it to a Game seven tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I text you and you said you'd steal this if the Knicks won the series. But I said that was Haliburton's biggest loss since we pulled out of a rack.
Speaker 1: But listen, enjoy the rest. Are you staying in Chicago all weekend? Are you heading home or what are you doing?
Speaker 7: I am here till tomorrow. After the games.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, we'll enjoy the series and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 7: Most definitely.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic counselor good out man. How you doing, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 2: Just a programming note for people who come to the after the show show from time to time.
Speaker 1: No huddles. Today.
Speaker 2: We're taking the day off because we're attending the at least the wedding reception of one Alex Egan, who used to produce here you know how. Yeah, yeah, yeah, great guy. Oh yeah, and we got the invitation. And it's also mine and Chris to two point zeros wedding anniversary today. So we thought we would spend our anniversary watching somebody else sail off into the sunset of marital bliss.
Speaker 1: Hey, and eating and drinking from free too man.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's a big plush. You can't beat that. Hey, listen for the price of the wedding gift. I don't feel bad about it.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding you. It's a good strategy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about it. So I didn't know whether we're going to keep this under rafts or not, but I'll go ahead and say it now.
Speaker 1: I'll defer to you.
Speaker 2: Since I don't have to go work at the bar, and originally Dave Armbrister thought you were going to be out this weekend. You canceled your trip right and I was going to do double duty do a Saturday morning marathon. But I decided, Hey, Mike, what if I just hangover for the first hour. We'll call it the Saturday Morning Hangover, and I'll be with you.
Speaker 1: From nine to ten.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to to discuss and you will take phone calls and do all the things you usually do. It's your show, but you're letting me it's going to be camp out and sit in with you for the hour. What are the things we're going to be talking about.
Speaker 16: Well, I'll tell you what we're going to talk about, PG sitting, I'll getting that pardon from President Trump. Nobody saw that Come and carry Jeff really interesting. You know, everybody's got a different point of view on it, and I definitely have one.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do as well.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're gonna talk about Trump versus Harvard. I'm gonna tell you something, sometimes I just have to pinch myself watching that is just a.
Speaker 1: Thing of beauty.
Speaker 16: I never thought we'd see anything like that, but he just keeps sticking it to those arrogant you know what's gonna talk about Elon Musk leaving Doge in the future of Dosee, where do they go from there? Something I've been wanting to do the last couple of weeks Gary Jeff, but I've run out of time. The Pulitzer Prize Awards were announced a couple of weeks ago, and we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna go through that.
Speaker 16: No surprises, but we can beat up on the Washington Post and instead of a list of times.
Speaker 1: Instead of a list of who's who, it's a list of who cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really exactly good way to look at it, all right, I look forward to do it. We'll do that next Mike Allen Saturday midday coming up with me for an hour the Saturday Morning Hangover here on seven hundred WLW