Speaker 1: Welcome to Scouter Vision, a dragon ball podcast. I'm your host, Angela. I'll be joined here momentarily by my co host Mike. Today, we have an awesome show for you because we're going to be talked about all about Bardok, the father of Goku. There are two different stories to Bardock's lineage, and we'll get into both of them today. So let's hop in our sampods and start the.
Speaker 2: Show back at it again with a new episode of Scouter Vision. Like my co host Angela said, we're going to be talking all about Bardok the father of Goku today. But before we get into Bardok, Angela, where can they find us on social media?
Speaker 1: You guys can find us on Instagram and TikTok at scouter dot Vision pod. That is Scouter Dot Vision Pod.
Speaker 3: Where can they find us?
Speaker 1: In June, you can find us at Comehicon and Intic City from.
Speaker 2: June thirteenth to June fifteenth, We're going to have a lot of fun at Kamana Con.
Speaker 3: Like I said, we're gonna have a little business cards, We're gonna have t shirts. Come see us. If you see us and you recognize us, stop by, say hi. Let's talk some dragon Ball.
Speaker 1: Huh, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Today's topic Bardock, Father of Goku. Now there's two lineages, Like Angela said in the intro, you have the story of Bardock that was from the Father of Goku special that came out in nineteen ninety two, or you have the beginning of the movie that we've seen in this Dragon Ball Super Broly movie, which shows.
Speaker 3: Two very different sides of Bardok.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First, like I'm kind of compare the two, Like you notice like little things that are different between the two of them, Like I guess like his personality kind of.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a bit of an ass.
Speaker 1: And he seems a little more harsh and like the Bardock special, But in Super Broly, he seems like he's like very caring about his family.
Speaker 3: Well, the early.
Speaker 2: The early depiction of Sayings were just you know, these these pirates that basically destroyed planets and then sold them off to the highest bidders. So, I mean all Sayings were pretty much savages back in the day. But we did see that different side in super We're gonna be talking about both sides. But let's get into the original bro Braley. Let's get into the original bar Dock. I should say, yeah, the original bar Dock, father of Goku's special that we've seen on dragon Ball Z. Because the Dragon Ball Z Bardock and the Dragon Ball Super Bardock, like we said, are two very different stories. So let's get into the original story.
Speaker 1: So we start out on planet Kanessa, and there we see Bardock with his team who consists of sagesh Pasha and Tora, and they're in the middle of a fight and they're in their great ape forms. However, they wake up the next day and Bardok is the only one that can remember him in his great ape form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually the sayings once they turn into their great ape form there Ozaru, they can't really, they just became like savages. They don't remember what happens during their great ape form, but.
Speaker 3: Apparently Bardok can mhm.
Speaker 2: And during the fight, well, during this little moment when they wake up, it looks like they're eating by a campfire and they're talking about destroying the planet Kanessa, and it is brought to our attention that they are on a mission from Freezer Lord Frisa to destroy this planet because there is some psychic abilities that the people of Knessa could tap into and I guess Friza saw that as a threat. Freeza is a very scared little boy, because every time he figured anything was a threat, he just.
Speaker 3: Took him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he just kind of, yeah.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to fight, so it's like, hey, before I have to deal with this myself later on when they're too strong, let me just nip it into But like you said, so one.
Speaker 3: Of the people, well, I guess one of.
Speaker 2: The inhibitors of Planet Canessa, was still alive, and he gave Bardok his psychic ability. Not as a gift, but he gave Bardok his psychic ability, so Bardock could be haunted with the visions of how he meets his death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was kind of like a lesson. Yeah, because I think he said, so you could hear.
Speaker 3: The screams or your death or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like basically like what the sayings are doing to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Bardok he doesn't believe it at first. They killed this guy, the commander, and they go back to Planet Vegeta.
Speaker 3: It is brought to Freeze's attention from Zorba and the door always had ugly boys.
Speaker 1: Right, you have to do with each character. Yes, I gotta hold you to that, okay, So Friza was like, oh, Friza, I was I was about to do the impression.
Speaker 3: See now you got me self conscious.
Speaker 2: Friza was told by Dadoria and Zarbond that the planet Canessa was destroyed by some low class Saiyans, and Frisa was confused because he thought the planet Canessa was too strong to be taken over by low class Saiyans.
Speaker 3: And when it was brought to his attention that Bardok and.
Speaker 2: His team were the ones who destroyed the planet Knessa, he figured, I gotta stop Bardok and his team before they become too strong and try to overthrow their large Freeza.
Speaker 1: He probably thought they were gonna be defeated on planet Canessa.
Speaker 2: Probably so, which is it means he kind of set them up for failure sending them out there.
Speaker 3: Well, he's trying to slowly kill all the same anyway.
Speaker 2: This is where we see a little young prince Vegeta training with the Sableman and he wants to, you know, have stronger missions. So Zorban sends Vegeta out on a mission. So Vegeta is no longer on planet Vegeta. At the time along with Napa and Ratis. And on the way back to planet of Vegeta, we see Bardak having visions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's in the recovery pod, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in the recovery pod. He's having visions of his son Goku or Kakarat. He's having visions of Kkara fighting Vegeta in the Sand Saga. He's having visions of you know, the happenings of dragon Ball, training with Masta Roshi, training with Krillin defeating Piccolo at the twenty third Annual. We see a lot of things where, you know, Bardak is having these visions, but he doesn't chalk it up to what the planet Kindessa, I guess the alien or the person for Planet Conessa gaves him. He doesn't see this as visions. He's just like, oh, this is just nightmares and dreams.
Speaker 1: Didn't he say he thinks the Cara could see it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because every time he would have a vision, Cakra would be crying, and then.
Speaker 1: That's how it was triggered, because he started crying and he heard him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also he also saw Planet Vegeta getting destroyed numerous times in these visions.
Speaker 1: That was like the consistent vision that he had. So Friza wants to eliminate Bardok and his team obviously, so he sends them all the planet meat and then there it was Di Doria and his team.
Speaker 3: Well da Dooria and the Freezer Force.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were there waiting and then they end up massacring his whole team.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, we know members of the Freezer Force like Quei and of course the Doria and Zorbon. But we were watching captions on and some of these Freezer Force members had the weirdest things. Like one was green, they called them Greenhead. The other one had horns. They called them horn Horn Guy, Horn Guy. There was one other one.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what it is, but when you need the captions, it's like they don't have actual names. My name is.
Speaker 3: Horn Guy anyway.
Speaker 2: So Bardok he goes to the plane and meet and sees that his team was already pretty much destroyed. Fasha, Sagesh, and Tora being the last one, were destroyed by Dadoria and the Freezer Force. Bardok now wants revenge. He sees that the Freezer Force looks at Sayings as a threat. Now he's starting to realize that these visions are true. Frieza is going to eradicate Planet Vegeta because he sees them as a threat. He doesn't want them to get too strong in an overrun Friza's empire. So Bardok takes you know, one of the most iconic moments is Bardok takes a rag filled with the blood of his team and raps on his head and starts fighting back against the Freezer Force and was holding his own until the Doria blasted him away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now Bardok.
Speaker 2: Is in rough, rough shape. Da Dooria thinks that he killed Bardok. He goes back to He goes back to Friza and reports that Bardok's team has been eradicated, But Friza tells the Doria that Bardok is still alive.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, tells Freeza that Bardok is still alive.
Speaker 2: So now Friza said, if he took Dadoria's best shot and still is alive, we cannot keep the Sayans around. So Friza decides he's going to take his ship and head to Planet Vegeta and they're going to destroy Planet of Vegeta.
Speaker 3: Yep, the whole division Division's.
Speaker 2: Coming through and it's happening pretty quick. The meantime, we have Bardok heading back to Planet Vegeta to warn the other Saians and when he gets there, he is told that Cakara, his son, was shipped out to a planet.
Speaker 3: What was that planet?
Speaker 1: According to them, it's planning Earth.
Speaker 2: He shipped out to a a weak planet called Earth, which is Earth in order to leave Plant Vegeta, because that's what they would do. They would ship out their uh saying kids to planets to overtake them, and then the Sands would come later on to you know, take over the planet and sell it to the highest bidders.
Speaker 1: You forgot to mention, though he didn't realize it at the time, but they crossed, they crossed paths, and then he had more visions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more visions, and it was visions of Goku telling his dad, you could stop this. Don't be like Freezer. You could stop this, dad, father, don't be like Freezer. And that's when we see Bardok basically become a saying asshole to here and says if nobody here is going to help me stop Freezer while Freeze's on his way and all the other Sands don't believe him that Freeze is there to destroy them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because once he gets there, he's all like in rough shape because like the door hit him with that big blast and everything. But he was trying to warn everyone and everyone's just laughing at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he says, I'm going to go stop Freezer myself. Because we see Freezer ship pull up. Bardak goes right into the sky to stop Frieza. A billion freaking and Freezer Force members comes out the ship.
Speaker 3: It looks like a seahorse having babies.
Speaker 1: In comparison. So anyway, Bardak is holding his own right against the Freezer Force and everyone, and he ends up calling out Frieza. Freeza comes out and then he uses the death Ball and not only eliminates like all of the Freezer Force that's out there, but Bardak and Planet Vegeta. And it's like the same move that we saw on Planet Namic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Freeze destroys Plant Vegeta, Bardock and half his team on one swoop and that's the end of the movie. It is then a trans scripture went back to to Vegeta, who.
Speaker 3: Was out in a mission.
Speaker 2: They said, oh, you're your planning was hit by a large meteor and it was eliminated. Yeah, and he said, I have nothing to say about that anyway. So that's one story of Bardok. In the end of that special, we see Goku land on Earth and Grandpa Gohan find him in the forest and basically, you know, take him in as his own right.
Speaker 1: It was key you got to see him find Goku.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we we had that story.
Speaker 2: When we come back to this commercial break, we're gonna be talking about the dragon Ball super story of Bardock because it's very different.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everyone, So let's get into dragon Ball supers depiction of Barnock. But it happens to be pretty different in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in the beginning of the dragon Ball Super Broly movie, which by the way, we will have an episode dedicated to that movie because it is an amazing movie.
Speaker 3: We might even do a watch along special. That'll be awesome too, fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in this beginning of that movie, we see King Cold the Cold Force because at the time his son Frizo wasn't appointed as Lord. So we've seen King Cold, the Guinea Force, the Freezer Force, the Dria Zarbon and a young Friezer showed up to planet.
Speaker 3: Vegeta where they were greeted by They were greeted.
Speaker 2: By Prince Prince Vegeta, King Vegeta, and they basically tell the Sayings that King Cold is stepping down as the king.
Speaker 1: And they got to listen to Lord Frizo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now his young son, Friza is the new lord of the Galaxy of the Cosmos and they have to listen to Frieza. Friza then gives them scouters, and you know, we got the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing with Broley.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about the Broley stuff later on, right, But we see that Broley is sent to another planet because his power level is too high and Prince of King Bageta doesn't want a low class saying being stronger than his son, so he sends him away and exiles him, and then everything with Para gets but we do see Bardok, who has a feeling that Friza is going to look at the Sayings as a threat, kind of like the movie that we just talked about, And when he has this feeling that Friza is going to come back to kill all the Sayans, he decides that I want to send Cakarat away because I don't want Cakarat to be killed here in whatever massker he feels is going to happen very soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to take a note, he just has a feeling. He doesn't have visions like he has in the Dragon Bald.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more of intuition as opposed to being psychic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then he seems like more carried in a sense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No, he was more of a family man, right. He came back from whatever mission from a different planet. He has a wife who looked like.
Speaker 3: Fasha, but her name is Guinea. Yeah, she's the mother of Goku. And we see that Bardok wants to.
Speaker 2: Steal the same pod and send Goku h send Cakarot to another planet that he discovered called Earth. He said that, you know, if the intuition was wrong, if Friza doesn't go killing the Saints, then they could rejoin. They'll go He'll go save Cakarat from this planet and bring him back. If they are able to survive Friza's ambush, then they will go off to live on Earth with Cakrot. It's funny because he also mentions Ratus, who she says is out with the planet. Well, out with Prince Vegeta and Abook.
Speaker 1: But mind you, this is kind of indicating like he thinks like he's going to be able to reunite with.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately that never happens, right only in his visions in the original. So he sends Goku off to Earth Earth.
Speaker 1: They didn't say Earth this time, no, And then.
Speaker 3: His intuition was right.
Speaker 2: We had Freezer come along with the Freezer Force and destroy Planet Vegeta, similar to how he did in the original one. And similar to how he did in the original one. Bardok does go to fight off, but.
Speaker 1: This time he has a team this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this time it's not Bardok alone, and Bardak has a team of Sayings that go to fight the Freeze Force with him. But it's no help because the death Ball wipes out the Sayings, wipes out the Freeze Force, wipes out Bardok, and wipes out Planet Vegeta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Freezer still eliminates the planet of Vegeta and everyone.
Speaker 2: That asks Jamie Freezer anyway, so we have like a longer depiction in the Dragon Ball Z version. The Dragon Ball super is just like the beginning of the Roly movie, so we don't get too much information, but we do see similarities. So I want to ask you which Bardoc did you like better? The Dragon Ball Super or the Dragon Ball Z.
Speaker 1: I like them both, honestly, but I kind of like the Dragon Ball Super version better just because, like I don't know, the beginning kind of seems better, meaning like he's trying to look out for his son and trying to he's more of a compassionate father, yeah, whereas in the Dragon Ball version, like you said, he's just.
Speaker 3: Like the ass but he does turn later on.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not till the very end though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're here.
Speaker 2: Bardock definitely seemed more of a caring father. I mean, it showed the sayings in a different lay too, because Paragis even looked like a caring father in the beginning. Yeah, even though he he you know, was an asshole who was controlling his son with a shot collar pretty much, but he was more caring and willing to exile himself from Planning Vegeta because they exiled his son.
Speaker 1: And he wanted to protect his son.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean it did show that saying fathers are more caring. I mean, look how great of a saying father Goku is and Vegeta Vegeta Vegeta quietly is a good father. I mean, well, then again, this could be sparking a whole nother debate. But Goku loves his kids, he loves his family, and he'll do anything for his family. Well, how good of a father is he if he constantly leaves his family to go train, So I don't know if he's a chick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even the end of Dragon Ball Z, he was like, all right, guys, I know in the next time, I want to see you, but I'm gonna train ooh.
Speaker 3: And it's like she was.
Speaker 1: Like, what really he got a family, bro.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there you have it. That is our episode. I'm Bardock, the father of Goku. We're going to make an announcement right now.
Speaker 3: For the rest of April.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, we have something big coming up because the next three episodes is going to be part of a three episode series that we're doing, and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be all about the Tournament of Power.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a lot to talk about the Tournament Power. We can't we can't fit it into one episode. We're going to be talking about Goku coming up with the idea of the Tournament of Power to Zenny. We're going to be talking about Goku recruiting his team. We're gonna be talking about the body of the Tournament of Power. We're going to be talking about the other Universes teams, and then of course we're going to be talking about the final showdown between me and jer Yes, Jeering, but not just Goku but Mastered Autonomous Ultra Instinct GOKU, which we've been wanting.
Speaker 3: To talk about for a long time on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been wanting to see it for a long time.
Speaker 3: It's going to be awesome.
Speaker 2: Started next week is going to be a three episode series.
Speaker 3: All about the Tournament of Power. So we'll catch you next week again. Follow along on Instagram and TikTok where.
Speaker 1: At Scouter Dot Vision Pod.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the support. We love you all. See you next week.
Speaker 1: See you next week.