Speaker 1: And yes, don't you feel don't you feel like we, the American people right now are being caught in the rhetorical crossfire between Elon Musk, the world's richest man, and President Donald Trump, the world's most powerful man, Because I sure do.
Speaker 2: It is always just it's.
Speaker 1: One of those things where you see two titans go at it, and you go at it in a very personal way, and you wonder what the heck is going on In a moment, we will get some exceptional analysis from a crisis in communication, coach, But I do have some breaking news that came out just in the last little bit.
Speaker 2: We've not been able to get to it yet.
Speaker 1: Well, remember so called Maryland Dad kilmar Abrego Garcia.
Speaker 2: He was deported to El Salvador.
Speaker 1: You had multiple Democrats who went to do some publicity stunts to show, hey, I really care about this guy, when quite frankly, he's not the poster child for the kind of a legal immigrant you would want to be standing up for if you're looking at that angle. And well, now, according to Attorney General Pam Bondi, he's being returned to the United States. Yes, but to face criminal charges related to what the Trump administration said was a massive human smuggling operation that brought immigrants into the country illegally.
Speaker 2: This from the Associated Press.
Speaker 1: He's expected to be prosecuted in the US and if convicted, will be returned to his home country in El Salvador. At the conclusion of the case, official said Friday, this is what American justice looks like, Pam Bondy said in The charges stem from a twenty twenty two vehicle stop in which the Tennessee Highway Patrols suspected him of human trafficking. In a report release by Department of Homeland Security in April states none of the people in the vehicle at luggage, while they listed the same address as Abrego Garcia. He was never charged with the crime, but officers allowed him to drive on with only a warning about an expirer's driver's license. Well, the federal government is now escalating it with charges.
Speaker 2: To talk a little bit about this and really.
Speaker 1: Dive into the feud between Elon Mosk and Donald Trump. I'm very pleased to be rejoined here on KOA by Rashini raj Kumar. She is a communication and crisis coach has worked with Fortune five hundred companies, many of them. She's someone folks go to for expert insights on situations like this.
Speaker 2: Feud and what to do and what not to do.
Speaker 1: And she is host of the Crisis Files podcast, which is a must listen to podcast and longtime guest of yours truly joining me now, Good afternoon, Roshini, and welcome back to Koa.
Speaker 3: Oh it's great to be back, Jimmy, and always fun.
Speaker 4: To talk with you, especially about these very crisis laid in topic.
Speaker 1: Yes, especially when you make your own crisis. It's like does make our own crisis. It just has some fun with it. Elon, how about that? But before we get to that, you are a licensed attorney as well, and I should mention you got a book called Communicate that your toolbox for a powerful presence.
Speaker 2: But Abragio Garcia, this story is pretty big.
Speaker 1: Certainly if he gets convicted and what happens is this could be a roundabout way to get him back to El Salvador.
Speaker 2: But what do you make of it?
Speaker 3: Well, what I would like to think is when the Attorney General announces charges and announces some of the findings from the grand jury, I'd like to think all.
Speaker 4: Of that is as accurate as could possibly be for me, because.
Speaker 3: We don't want it to.
Speaker 5: Get to that level unless there is absolute truth behind it, evidence behind it. When you hear something like what was it one hundred possible trips traveling back and forth, trafficking people that's what's alleged, that is pretty stunning.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think you can make that up. I hope you can't, but.
Speaker 4: It is stunning, and it seemed in.
Speaker 3: The words of Pambondi she didn't.
Speaker 4: Say it at least that I heard, but almost insinuating that.
Speaker 3: There were some kind of abuse.
Speaker 5: Charges also that could be involved, or suspicion of some of the abuse when she's mentioning the women that were involved and under his authority.
Speaker 4: So there's so much more to come here.
Speaker 3: And as long.
Speaker 5: As the legal authorities, the Justice Department sticks to the letters of the statutes and follow procedure, if these chargers are absolutely true and credible, there should be some kind of conviction that comes down. And no matter how you look at it, though Jimmy, unfortunately there will be pol let's explain here well.
Speaker 1: Before we shift gears, I do want to think for a moment about Chris van Holland, just as an example, he's the senator from Maryland, the state that Abrego Garcia was living in the United States, and he had went to El Salvador, made a big deal out of it. We already knew that the federal government had been claiming that he is Albrego Garcia as a member of MS thirteen, and so I was already making the assertion in saying, look, this is not the guy that you should be using as your prime example of injustice being done to illegal immigrants who shouldn't be mistreated and what have you. Well, let's say that this trial happens and he does get convicted and then sent to El Salvador legally as a result, like with the proper authority, as a result of being convicted of this, how might that reflect on Democrats who went to that extent of let's travel to El Salvador.
Speaker 2: Let's make this guy our prime example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, he's not really a poster child for anything good. And even if all of this.
Speaker 5: Was inaccurate, that's not the poster child you want anyway.
Speaker 4: So with those trips to l Salvador.
Speaker 5: Definitely things were being made so political and right now, I would just like all sides to read up on their statutes, read up on the Constitution, and the trials and any potential trial should be conducted absolutely according.
Speaker 3: To all the rules of the system.
Speaker 5: That's really where I want to land on this, and that's what every member of Congress should be thinking about, as well as the Justice Department as it.
Speaker 3: Does its duty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that should be a pretty clear to be sure. Then let's shift over to the Breaking Romance with you, Rashini raj Kumar, our guest host of the Crisis Files podcast, And I don't know.
Speaker 2: To me, this is pretty crazy. The whole story.
Speaker 1: It started really with Elon Musk dissenting and protesting, opposing the big beautiful bill. And yesterday President Trump said the following I'm gonna play this clip where he was at least trying to be pleasant to Musk.
Speaker 2: Remember he was here for a long time.
Speaker 6: You saw a man who was very happy when he stood behind the oval desk, and even with the black guy.
Speaker 2: I said, do you want a little make up?
Speaker 6: We'll get you to the Mecca, but he said no, I don't think so, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: And very nice.
Speaker 7: He wants to be who he is, so you could make that safement two I guess.
Speaker 2: Look, Elon and I had a great relationship. I don't know if we will anymore. I was surprised because you were here. Everybody in this room practically was here, as we had a wonderful sendo. He said wonderful things about me.
Speaker 6: You couldn't have nicer, said that testinate, he's warned the hat Trump was right about everything.
Speaker 3: And I am right about the great big beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: We call it a great, big beautiful bill because.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. But then, of course Musk said kill bill, as in kill that bill. He said that Trump was a liar when Trump said that Elon had gone ahead and supported this privately and then suddenly left the office or left the position at doge in the White House and started attacking him Elon, calling him a liar. Ultimately, you had yesterday the biggest claim, which was he's on the Epstein files and that's why they weren't released. That's from Elon Mouse. Meanwhile President Trump saying, hey, this guy is a.
Speaker 2: Trump derangement syndrome. All of that. So that's a long lead in for.
Speaker 1: Your Rashmi Raskumar, your take, Well, the war.
Speaker 4: Of words not surprising to me by these two men.
Speaker 5: But it gets to where you kind of have to really step.
Speaker 4: Back and as I say to my clients, assess your audience before you even speak up in the first place.
Speaker 5: And in this case, at this point, both sides should assess their audience. And Elon Musk really needs to assess what he's up against her.
Speaker 3: It's Trump, He's the.
Speaker 4: President of the United States.
Speaker 5: He has a lot of Republican backing.
Speaker 3: And even if Elon Musk is trying to drive that.
Speaker 5: Wedge even a Republican party, or make many Republicans go against Trump, it's.
Speaker 4: A very big uphill battle. So assess the.
Speaker 5: Audience, Alon, and then my advice to both sides is take the weekend off, stay out.
Speaker 4: Of the news cycle for a bit, because.
Speaker 5: Everyone's going to be talking about it all weekend.
Speaker 4: You're not going to be out of the news, but to stop saying stuff for forty eight or seventy two.
Speaker 1: D Wait, wait, Rashini, you're talking about logical advice.
Speaker 2: But these are two people who create the attention.
Speaker 4: Yes, they do create the attention.
Speaker 5: I do think, as you pointed out with a clip you played, Trump was.
Speaker 4: Trying to be softer in the beginning, but if you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Wave the Jeffrey Epstein thing in front of Trump, he's probably got to come back with maybe not it wasn't me, but something else about a line, And we landed.
Speaker 3: With this Trump derangement syndrome.
Speaker 4: I mean, it just gets preposterous and crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't think any American is really losing sleep over it. But what this does affect our actual markets, actual companies, and people's livelihoods. So Ellen Musk has a fiduciary duty to his company, to his board, and his stockholders.
Speaker 4: So that's something to be thinking about as a.
Speaker 5: Separate thing before he goes and flouts his mouth or takes his megaphone somewhere. The other piece of this Jimmy that I just don't want people to forget.
Speaker 3: Is anything connected.
Speaker 4: To the big beautiful bill, two bill, three bills, whatever.
Speaker 3: It ends up being. That is the role that is the job of the.
Speaker 5: United States Congress, both the House and the Senate, to hash out things in legislation, in bills.
Speaker 4: Before they are passed into law.
Speaker 3: So it really.
Speaker 5: Does start first with those members of the House and members of the Senate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where the influence has to be.
Speaker 5: And then of course they want to put something together that the president will find into law, but it is ultimately.
Speaker 4: The Congress that is working through and hashing through these bills.
Speaker 1: I want to get your reaction to two different things that I think each helped to underscore the absurdity of the whole situation.
Speaker 2: Reshienie Rashkomar one one one.
Speaker 1: Is a tweet that was put out by someone I'm betting you know is someone on the left too, from one or two of the words used but tweeted out this. So Elon goes kill the bill, and Trump goes. Elon has TDS, so Elon goes I'm the reason Trump won. So Trump goes we waste billions on Elon. So Elon goes Epstein and a flunky goes depart and Elon goes impeach. And that's why women are too emotional to be president.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, your reacts, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: And this is why that we're on the X platform.
Speaker 3: This is why a lot of people are fleeing X. And X is really known for these kinds.
Speaker 5: Of bought battles or other deranged people's battles. I mean, it's just this is why both Elon Musk and President Donald Trump need to step back, be quiet for a while.
Speaker 3: Because when they speak, people do listen, and even when they are spewing things.
Speaker 4: That are preposterous.
Speaker 3: So this is where when we go, we go back to the root of.
Speaker 5: The things I do Jimmy the executive coaching for leaders the strategy for messaging.
Speaker 3: You always have to be above.
Speaker 4: You have to have some executive mindset when you know you are in.
Speaker 5: A position of leadership and have the absolute potential to influence thousands.
Speaker 4: If not millions of people.
Speaker 3: So both of these men are behaving badly.
Speaker 4: They should stop and they should definitely shut their mouths.
Speaker 1: Now, we have a very exclusive recording from a very very real President Trump talking about the relationship and romance between him and Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to this exclusive clip.
Speaker 6: I was talking with a very great directive friend of mine, Hollywood director, a pretty good guy. Actually I won't say his name because he's shocked. And a few months ago he was going he said, mister President, you should really make a romance movie about you and Ela.
Speaker 2: I thought, that's a great idea.
Speaker 6: Let's call it. When Elon Metdonald and it would have happened it would have been a very nice romance, kind of like a casa blanca casablanca, which means white.
Speaker 2: House in Moroccan.
Speaker 6: But now they might as well call it when Harry stabbed Sally in the backouch. I, of course my role will go to Brad Pitt because of the obvious. For example, Elon will be played unfortunately by a slabbering fifteen year old Labrador Retriever with unfortunately only one good eye.
Speaker 2: Sad but accurate.
Speaker 6: Sac.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that uh for my friend Mark Corgan, that I think encapsulates the of absurdity of this whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I have the question whether that is a legitimate recording, but it's certainly hilarious, and I think it really is an exclamation point on this whole ridiculous romance breakup.
Speaker 1: It really is, which is why the sattire is the one that you hear and you're like, wait.
Speaker 2: A second, is this the real guy for one second?
Speaker 3: And with Jimmy, as we used.
Speaker 4: To say when I was a TV reporter real life, it is stranger.
Speaker 1: Yes it is finally Rashini rascummar before we let you go, just kind of encapsulate for us. Is this something that they could Like I was talking earlier, my grandfather made this point.
Speaker 2: They both He's like, they both need each other.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna, you know, figuratively speaking, he said, kiss and make up and they'll be friends again, or at least working relationship. Obviously they've been at odds in the past.
Speaker 2: How do you think this goes forward?
Speaker 4: Well, is it possible for them to kiss and makeup?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean George w and Clinton can become best buddies and go on.
Speaker 4: The road together on their speaking tours. Anything is possible.
Speaker 3: I just think I don't know that both.
Speaker 4: Of these men have shown such volatility. I just don't know where trust could be had.
Speaker 3: That's where we are. And when you don't have trust, you really have nothing.
Speaker 1: And I would actually ask did they have trust when he was brought into the administration originally, because I actually don't know for sure that that was a.
Speaker 4: Good question, very good question.
Speaker 1: Check out the Crisis Files podcast on the iHeartRadio app and at the crisisfiles dot com. Rashini Rajkumar, it's host, can our guests thanks so much for joining us, my friend, appreciate.
Speaker 2: And have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks Jimmy, you too.
Speaker 1: Once again, Rashini raj Kumar joining us on the program. And I have to tell you of absurdity. I just I don't know. How do you feel about this? We're wrapping up and winding down the show for the weekend. I am going to be back next Wednesday and Friday with more of my brand of engaging intelligent talk saying style on my website. By the way, be sure to check that out. You can reach out to me and follow my columns. What have you twenty four seven three sixty five Jimmy Sangenberger dot com. Remember there's no AI or you in Sangenberger. It's all ease all the time. Once you know that Sangenberger is easy and real quick. Before we end, Zach was filling me in on something.
Speaker 2: So I am not a horror movie guy.
Speaker 1: But there is a movie that has been in theater is a film called Sinners, which actually has the legendary bluesman Buddy Guy in it. It stars Michael B. Jordan, Right, is that right?
Speaker 2: Star Michael B. Jordan?
Speaker 1: And I know a lot of blue stuff blues tropes, old Delta blues. You were making your pitch off air for why I should see this make it on air.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a fantastic movie. You know, Ryan Coogler knows what he's doing. Fantastic director. And I think, you know, even for the people who aren't the biggest horror movie fans, you would enjoy this. I don't think I'm a horror fanatic. I definitely wouldn't, say my girlfriend is. And we went to the theater. We had a great time. I think there's maybe like a jump scare in the first few minutes of the film, and you'll know it when it happens, and then I'll tell you right, you're good the rest of the way pretty much on the on the jump scare front, it's a more psychological, you know, maybe Stephen Kingish type thing.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 7: I thought it was absolutely excellent, Maybe the best vampire movie I've ever seen, the best like film execution of that, the blue stuff in it, the music integration, like almost a musical in some ways, with how integrated it is into the plot and the story.
Speaker 2: Because of that, a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Stuff, the you know, I mean, heck, Robert Johnson, most famous blues man ever. Arguably he sold us soul to the Devil at the Crossroads, so that he could be this great guitarist. So those kinds of tropes are ones in the Blues Forever.
Speaker 7: And they reference that, they reference some elements of yeah blues culture, I think West African culture. They tie all the music history together. There's one shot that is one of the coolest shots scenes Ben's nodding his head back here in the studio with me, that I've seen in film in years, if not my entire life. There's there's some really high highs in this film.
Speaker 2: Overall.
Speaker 7: I think it's you know, at eight point five nine out of ten movie, and I think I'm a pretty harsh grader.
Speaker 1: And that's fantastic. You said it's coming out on streaming soon, so.
Speaker 7: I will I will check out this week even it should be out for people.
Speaker 2: Well, I will definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: I know I saw Bobby Rush with Kenny Wayne Sheppard actually Ryan Schuling and I went last month amazing concert. Bobby Rush is ninety one, still alive and well, and he's got a couple of tunes in the movies, so I have to.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Thanks that great work today. Always love working with you behind the glass. That is once again it for me today and I'll be back on Wednesday. I'll see you then, have a great weekend. Congratulations again to Kathy Walker's thirty five years retiring today. Look forward to still hearing your voice and seeing you around the studio. Have a great weekend once again, and make God bless America.