Speaker 1: There we go, There we go, here we go. Come come, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is mc man and now ladies and gentlemen, see.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, indeed, wakey, wakey, hands off snakey rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Oh it's throwback Thursday. Okay, not just any Thursday. We'll have you voting three great songs all morning long. Those will be up on links and guests, and the winning song will be played today at nine point thirty. Let's see what else fix the gram Thursday. I can tell you right now what the number one link is going to be Steve the Brettman. Huge morning for him.
Speaker 1: He's going for win number four and the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 2: Challenge Brisket for the Briskeit seven twenty your chance to win up to one thousand dollars will be playing along with the Texas Hammer this morning. Can't wait to get you guys some cash.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: It's Read my Lips Day and Moe's gonna play her first game of Reading my Lips. Now we'll flip a coin.
Speaker 1: She's either gonna play Alex or Chile. Do you need preparation time for either one?
Speaker 2: Is the coin flip right before the game do we flip the coin now? Do I don't have a coin, so don't say now. Do you want to know earlier or right before the game who you're playing? Is there any difference here?
Speaker 5: No difference to me.
Speaker 2: Ah, I like that killer. That's a killer right there? Yeah, all right, Alex or Chili. We'll find out who she's going to be playing. We'll do it before the game for sure. Alternative income three eleven bad flower tickets only a twenty percent chance of rain. Partney Cloudy Skuy's pies.
Speaker 1: Up around eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mo, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 6: Good morning, just before five am Houston time. It was new at the Vatican when we saw black smoke or conclaving again today, Rod, Oh yeah, yeah, I'm not sure how the odds in Vegas are changing, but black smoke means no new pope. So the cardinals head back in for a little break, a little talking, campaigning, if you will, more prayer. Their vote does come today, and we were told this morning that the last two popes were voted in on day two, So today is day two?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Could happen to?
Speaker 5: Odds are in our favorite?
Speaker 6: Interesting Yesterday, Casey Means was announced as Trump's new nominee to be the surgeon General. It was kind of a stir up because Trump withdrew his previous nomination just today before that Gal's Senate confirmation hearing. So this new nominee, Casey Means is a wellness influencer and she champions things like cutting processed foods to help.
Speaker 5: Fight chronic illness.
Speaker 6: Really, the biggest news of the day is a new study saying women are more attracted to bald men.
Speaker 1: Who sent you this story?
Speaker 2: It was the first thing I sent her this morning. That's no joke, the first link of anything. I didn't send it. This was pre pope. This was for sending everything.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, there goes my day.
Speaker 2: But I sent it a word for Chili, because we all know Chili the sexiest man on the planet. Bald head.
Speaker 1: Really right.
Speaker 6: The study, it's a new research done from US company called Illicit Encounters, which is a dating site for married people looking to have an affair. Okay, and the women voted number one thing they like is muscular physiques. I know y'all talked about dad bods earlier. Yeah, second most desired trait head really over a full head.
Speaker 2: Of hair.
Speaker 5: I don't believe head.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say I don't believe it, but I'm happy that the study is out there. Maybe somebody will bite on this. You, I just don't believe believe it. Your dude's got a full head of hair.
Speaker 5: He does thick, dark hair.
Speaker 2: He's great, he's awesome.
Speaker 5: You know what number three is on the list?
Speaker 2: What's number three?
Speaker 5: Blue eyes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: What color your eyes?
Speaker 1: Blue?
Speaker 6: Bald and blue? Baby on the list is a beard. I'm just saying, what color are Chili's eyes?
Speaker 1: Also? Radio personality color?
Speaker 5: Number five?
Speaker 2: Okay? I think Chili is checking more boxes than I am on the shoe.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's his muscular physique.
Speaker 2: Way to go, Chili.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all know that Jerry maguire kid, remember him from the movie.
Speaker 2: The Human head thing? Right? The human? He would say, the human Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's like the blonde hair, spiky haired kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blonde Spike.
Speaker 5: Everyone knew him from that movie.
Speaker 6: He's still trying to make it in Hollywood, and it's kind of a blessed his heart kind of thing because he has thirty four and he posted yesterday that you know, things aren't exactly where he wants him to be career wise, but he prays every night that the best is yet to come for him.
Speaker 2: He I mean, we're all hanging on to that young person. I don't look anything like I do when I was five. He kind of has carried that the kid face in his thirties. Now you can see an updated version of him and all of that. ChIL. He's got a blog. Yeah, Jonathan's got or Jonathan Chili has a blog page going up for Jonathan Lipniki today.
Speaker 1: You can see what he looks like.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if you're hiring, maybe hiring him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really looking for our job. This is the saddest news. So many listeners sent me this last night.
Speaker 6: One of the music community is seriously everyone wrapping their arms around the lead singer of Three Doors Down, as he shared he has stage four kidney cancer. The band was set for the summer, they had a summer tour, they were opening select dates for Creed, and they put all of that on pause to support Brad Arnold. He has clear cell renal cell carcinoma. It's spread to his lungs, so not good. But he just seriously seems like the most genuine, awesome human.
Speaker 5: He said, he is not scared of this at all.
Speaker 6: He did ask for prayers and he said he got him a little plug for the band. He said, maybe just go listen to two thousand and eight song It's not My Time.
Speaker 2: Yep, he said. He said that in is. We'll play his post later on today on the show. But yeah, it's he chose this song. He's like, not my time. So yeah, that was heavy Man ten fifteen listeners. As soon as he posted it.
Speaker 1: Boom, they were all hitting me up last night with that.
Speaker 2: Alex Sports.
Speaker 8: Well, the Astros got to win yesterday, but the Brewers nine to one. They're back at five hundred and eighteen and eighteen on the year. They're gonna have day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Rangers on the road tomorrow night. In the NBA Playoffs, the Knicks got by the Celtics again, ninety one to ninety. The Celtics have blown twenty point leads in each of the first two games in that series. The underbeat the Nuggets one forty nine to one oh six to even that series up at a game a piece. In soccer, Houston, DONAMOFC got to win last night. They beat Phoenix rising FC four to one in the US Open Cup. They now advanced to the quarterfinals of that tournament. And in Hockey ass Stanley Cup playoffs continued last night. The Maple League held on to beat the Panthers four to three and the Stars edged out the Jets three to two.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Four hours of pain starts right now. If you want the first phone call, well just come get it. You can have it seven one three two one two five nine four five. What do you got to get us? Roll in this morning?
Speaker 4: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Green Day Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Have Broken Dreams up Sep rod Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday. I was just having a look. Radio Wizard sent me the lineup late last night and Republica ready to go. Alex I already looked it up before we start sitting around wondering what movie it was in Vegas Vacation. Okay, Rage against the Machine, Renegades of Funk. That's one where I know at least one time he swears he doesn't say funk every time. There's no way in the studio. He didn't just slip up even once. I'll say the same thing about I'll say the same thing about Bruno Mars. There's no way he says funk every single time. I'm sorry, I just know he doesn't. Okay, just as a little Ti Social D's cover a ring of Fire, so great songs. We'll do song clips and all that good stuff today on the show. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Steve the Breadman, I hope I know he's up. He's up before us, actually delivering that bread. Steve the Breadman's going for win number four. That's a literal nickname for him. He's a bread man. We didn't give him that name. He's a breadman delivering bread. He's one of the weird, sick individuals that has to get up before us and get moving in the am Buzzfest tickets now with local favorites Kenton Place. I saw those guys online a little bit then they seem very very excited, as they should be. They are the latest and the greatest added to the Buzzfest lineup. We'll get your Buzzfest tickets on your fun Fact flashback risk it for the biscuit, your chance to win up to one thousand dollars at seven to twenty, and then it's Moe's debut. I mean just for a long time. You're gonna be hearing Okay, this is the first time mos gonna do this. That's gonna happen for a while on this show. But Moe's first Read my Lips game awesome. Who's she gonna play Alex or Chili will flip a coin. We'll figure that out. That's gonna be for those aces. And then not only is it your first read my Lips game, which that's okay, I would be stressed, but the fact that the prize is so good it's for acl three day weekend passes next level. You are responsible for trying to win those for somebody. Somebody is really counting on you.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for a second for six, it's.
Speaker 2: A huge price. So sometimes that can make or break Chili. The weight of the prize. Yeah, he's crumbled now. Sometimes he's like, Okay, it's really big, I'm going to really try hard. I'm gonna I'm not gonna say ham titty.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Other times he sees the weight of the prize and he's like I can't handle this pressure. It's like trying to hit a one foot putt.
Speaker 1: It's like nope, nope, like crumble every.
Speaker 2: Other day you can. But it's like soon as you put a dollar on.
Speaker 5: That putt, Wow, that makes me feel better. It's over.
Speaker 3: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: It looks like Jeff got through.
Speaker 2: Hey Jeff, Hey Rod, how you doing buddy? Ah? I love the energy this morning.
Speaker 9: What are you doing, man? I am about to make some pizza. WHOA nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But you're going hey.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this rule quick. I love you.
Speaker 9: I've been listening to you for like twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Oh my gosh, thank you.
Speaker 7: I want to say the underappreciated thing that nobody notices that you always announced the artists.
Speaker 9: And the title of the song. Nobody does that anymore, really, the only one that Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Nobody talks about the songs anymore.
Speaker 7: No, no, because they automatically assume you see it on your radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: You like that After every single song you always say, this is Lincoln Park, boom, there's your song.
Speaker 5: Oh and you always do that?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about before the song or after the song has played. After the song is played, you say, this is Lincoln Park.
Speaker 9: Boom, there's your song.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, we're here.
Speaker 1: There's two things.
Speaker 2: There's two different things that you're referencing right now, Jeff. One of them, we play a game called hit the Post, and that's where you're talking, talking, talking, and then you're saying something clever and hopefully funny and witty, and you know, you make yourself look brilliant, and then you say the name of the band and the song, and then boom, and then the lyrics hit. We play a game called hit the Post. That's front selling the song. I think what you're talking about is let's okay, Boulevard and Broken Dreams. That was after the sports and the skinny and then what we call the legal idea the song played. What I did is when I came on, I back sold the song and I said that was Green Day's Boulevard and Broken Dreams. Is that the one you're referencing the back sound?
Speaker 7: Man, I'm just saying, anytime any song comes on, you're.
Speaker 9: That was Metallica and are saying, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still think it's important.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: I think it's important. I want both your eyes on the road. I don't need you reading your little tiny screen on your radio. Listen. I'm standing in my kitchen.
Speaker 5: You're making pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pizza.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to party with Jeff on pizza. You're making pizza or is that Liken just frozen pizza in the in the ovens.
Speaker 7: Mister rod Ryer, I've met you several times and I just wanted to tell you I appreciate how you do it.
Speaker 2: You might not even notice, bro, I appreciate it. Yeah. My favorite thing is that you're making pizza. My second favorite thing is that you've listened for twenty one years. And then just your energy this morning I'm gonna carry that's gonna carry me throughout the entire show.
Speaker 1: Jeff, thank you, man, I really, I promise you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the energy.
Speaker 1: And please.
Speaker 2: I guess the next time we're all gonna be out is Ditch Day. That information is on our Facebook page. Go to the events and then, Jeff Man, if you can come out, bring a pizza, we'll party. I gotta take a break. Let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up with Steve the Breadman, and we'll get set up for the game Rock and Alter and you soon.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody. I see nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy skies. His today of around eighty eight. It's throwback Thursday. Have you voted yet? Three great songs, links and guests. Chili has that for you. Cast your vote boom. We'll do some song clips after seven o'clock, but the winning song will be played today at nine thirty. This is where we find out what's trending. Hi, Alex, Hello, Rod what do you got? What do you see?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Conclaim is I think you're putting the blave emphosis on the wrong salable.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's the conclave. Conclave.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So there's been two rounds of two or three rounds of dark smoke so far.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's agreeing with me.
Speaker 2: Two or three dark Yeah, I can't remember what early today, right, but early the sing was an early fall. It was already something some dark smoke. So they're going to vote again today later. Yeah, they're trying to figure out a new pope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one thing you did say that was correct.
Speaker 1: Casey Means is also trending.
Speaker 8: Trump nominated her for surgeon General, so people are looking up who that is.
Speaker 1: I think she's an influencer. And then Utah Mammoth is trending.
Speaker 8: The Utah Hockey Club, formerly known as the Phoenix Coyotes in the NHL, announced their name change yesterday and unveiled their new logo as well.
Speaker 1: I like the logo. I don't love the name. I think it's cool.
Speaker 8: The mammoths is the plural of mammoth. It's a singular like that'd be like it was a Houston elephant.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't know, So it's just mammoth, mammoth.
Speaker 6: It's a wooly mammoth, yes, which is an Arctic animal, which makes sense, right, if there was.
Speaker 1: Two, it would be there's two wooly mammoths over there, mammoths a group of grammoths.
Speaker 2: Because lego is also plural. Yeah, but anton mammoth.
Speaker 8: It's a cool logo though, so to go check that out. And that's what's trend on nine by the Buzz.
Speaker 9: Come good morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: This is Steve the bread Man, and I am you're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion making another quick work.
Speaker 2: Another girl, Wendy not my wife.
Speaker 1: There's another show question showing.
Speaker 9: Me on Pick Thursday as to make a winner.
Speaker 2: Four bitches seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat the bread Man, he's on a roll, he's on a heater, He's got three wins under his belt. If you can beat him, call us his shine Down ninety four to five, the Buzz ninety four or five, the Buzz that Shine Down and Dead Don't Die Sad news today. Moe already covered it in Houston's headlines. Three Doors Down had to cancel their summer tour because the lead singer, Brad Arnold announced yesterday they had stage four cancer.
Speaker 1: Well why am I bringing that up now? If you go read the comments, it reads as a who's.
Speaker 2: Who in the music industry. And not only did I see Shineedown posts, but I saw Brent the lead singer specifically post. But you know you saw Creed and Scott Stapp specifically, Gavin de Grau, Chris Daughtry. I mean just band after band after band bands that aren't even like adjacent to Three Doors Down country artist. You know, Three Doors Down has been around a long time. They've played with everybody. They're really nice guys. They're from this little teeny tiny town in Mississippi, Escataba or something like that. They're really nice guys.
Speaker 1: Brad. It's just the he's the greatest. So it's it was sad news.
Speaker 2: He said, it's not my time, as he quoted his own song that he wrote back in two thousand and eight that's on links and yes, but yeah, the shineedown guys, I guess. I guess the comments get pumped up with the more they get appreciated and light. And that's why I saw the shine down ones like way up at the top. All right, we'll be talking about that more this morning. Twenty percent chance of rain, party cloudy high of eighty eight. Let's play a game man now.
Speaker 12: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Redman, Good morning, everybody. How's Wendy?
Speaker 1: I feel like I know it.
Speaker 8: She was ready to beat after listening to the podcast yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what she so you know that she was the no the show question yesterday.
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: How about I heard it?
Speaker 2: You're fine? Okay, yeah, yeah, she's a star. Mo chose that as her No the show questions like, Hey, what's Steven b Redman's wife's name?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 9: Played that back.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, all right, well, Steve, you're going for win number four. You're taking on Tom. Hello, Tom, Good morning, Good morning Tom. You played this year already. Chilli told me when.
Speaker 13: Uh beat Sean Connery Beck in February and then one pump chumps.
Speaker 2: Bet, Dude, Sean Connery is a Hall of Famer. You beat him and then you just pieced out after that. I'd be oh, that must have chopped his ass losen to you, and then you don't even stick around for a couple more wins. Oh yeah, I'm going to get an email from Sean Connery in three to one here it comes all right, Well, welcome back, Tom. Did you learn a little something like you know you want to win more than one game?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You don't want to be labeled a one pump chump your whole life, that's the plan. Yeah, all right, Well, Steve the Breadman's doing pretty good over here. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Let's see Steve the Breadman going for win number four?
Speaker 9: You kidding me?
Speaker 2: Shine down on their Dance Kid Dance Tour. Bushes on that tour August twenty seventh, pretty big ticket. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Tom, Steve, Mo, listen for Tom or Steve.
Speaker 5: I'm ready, here we go.
Speaker 2: Question number one in Nintendo Games, who is Mario's brother Steve bread Man? Luigi's correct answer? I would have gotten that one right. It's a lot, Yeah, Mo, would you've gotten that right?
Speaker 5: Yes? I thought you was like, are they cousins? Are they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's his Brokay? All right, Steve's on the board, Tom, you were just behind him. Step it up, find another gear. Question number two.
Speaker 1: What common household pet?
Speaker 9: Says Steve?
Speaker 1: Tom mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Cat meo correct answer? Wow, what common household pet? Says Meow Tom. You had to you had to do that. You had to chime in early to stay in that game against the bread Man because he was up before all of us. He's he's the most awake man in Houston. Okay, Tom, I like what you're doing here? See if you got another one in here for the win? Tom Steve. What classic playground feature has seats suspended by Steve?
Speaker 1: Steve the bread Man swings?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, the swings?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 3: You done, boat Tom?
Speaker 2: Tom Double seven is so mad that he lost to you.
Speaker 9: Tom, I'd beat Sean Connery last year.
Speaker 1: Who Sean?
Speaker 14: I'd beat the well of seven last year?
Speaker 2: Who's I bred Man?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can't see you, guys. You have to tell us who's talking. Nally's really going to email me?
Speaker 1: All right, Tom, we got to say goodbye to you. Get out of here.
Speaker 2: Steve the bread Man.
Speaker 1: You're one.
Speaker 2: You and Wendy are one win away from win number five and going into the Hall of Fame. Very exciting for.
Speaker 1: Both of you.
Speaker 2: Victory speech next, Have a great time, you guys, have a great time at that.
Speaker 1: I help, that's right, yeah, shinegown show.
Speaker 11: Damn dude, you're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The bus ninety four five, the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's blink on eighty two, all the small things. I'm Rod that's Moe, there's Alex. We got Chile here.
Speaker 1: You can watch us.
Speaker 2: You can see everything that's going on on our Facebook page. We are on Live you see the video screens and everything, and most got that new camera.
Speaker 5: Now cleavage cam cleavage.
Speaker 2: Can there we go. We's got ten new viewers. And then on our YouTube channel at rod Ryan Show as well, same view chance of rain partly cloudy hike today of around eighty eight, Bring me the bread Man the fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of bed head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 2: Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 14: This is Steve the Breadman and I am You're fresh out of bed Head to head four day Champions made me a little bit, but I promised my wife i'd give her a shout out.
Speaker 1: After I won. I love you.
Speaker 9: Join me on free beer Friday as I go for the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Bitches, you know what he did right there? What he sent flowers to his lady's place of work. That's what he did right there.
Speaker 2: Now we all got to talk about our chicks because well, welcome, Steve mentioned me and I didn't hear you guys mentioned me at all. That's like when the chick gets the flowers in the office and everybody else.
Speaker 1: Guess what Susie got in the office today.
Speaker 5: Oh dish, she never sent me flowers before.
Speaker 2: Right, Redman out and Wendy are out of hand bound all right, Well you guys all be having a great time at that shining down show. I got Buzzfest tickets coming up for you in just a little bit, uh now, with Kenton Place added. They were the big announcement yesterday. They're the local band.
Speaker 1: But I brought in some new fun facts.
Speaker 5: It's got fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 15: It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, Captain Cash added to the mix.
Speaker 10: I'm going to bring out a band.
Speaker 1: Sure he doesn't give you your own camera.
Speaker 5: Oh well, it's a shame there's one over here.
Speaker 10: But it's never wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean I think it's Mo's old camera. Only two bald guys allowed by the FCC. Three would be out of hand seeing that we are all emitting. So it's such sexiness according to Moe's new study today. Yes, all right, I brought in some fun facts for you today. The Great Todd Boss sent this one in to me. He told me what a throbber is. He said you should run this by Chili to see if he knows what a throbber is. Before you give the fun fact a throbber is an animated icon, often a spinning circle or other geographical element, that appears on a computer screen to indicate that a program is performing an action in the background.
Speaker 1: Such as loading or downloading.
Speaker 2: M's a little spinning circle on the screen.
Speaker 5: A throbber, it's a throbber.
Speaker 2: It's things have names. Things have names.
Speaker 1: Sometimes. I hate that.
Speaker 2: Alex, my sports guy, wasn't in here. But Mowe knows her astros. And I asked you about Ryan Presley, he pitched for us last year.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. The closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on Tuesday Night. Now, Chicago Cubs closer Ryan Presley became just the second pitcher in MLB history to allow nine plus runs without recording a single out. That is fun, like, that's one of those things you gotta wrap your head around. It's tough, like it shouldn't have left. There needs to be charts and grafts to explain that. The other was Detroit Tiger's picture. Hank Bowery. He did it back in nineteen fifty one, so it was a big deal that he did this yesterday. I'm sorry on Tuesday Night. Finally, where do I want to go with this? In the novel, I didn't know Forrest Gump was a book. In the novel Forrest Gump, did you see the movie? Yes, okay, that was.
Speaker 5: One of them. I'm start to finish one of the three.
Speaker 2: Movies that mois seen in the novel Forrest Gump is six six two and forty two pounds. The author, Winston Groom, says he always pictured John Goodman as playing him in the movie. That's meat it is.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 16: We make you look smart, your buddies, It's the fuck that's.
Speaker 1: To the day.
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 2: I got Buzzfest tickets for you. We want you to party with us on Saturday, May twenty fourth out there at the Woodlands back.
Speaker 1: We produce enough of this every day to fill a wine bottle.
Speaker 2: I know, little gross seventy one three two point two five nine four five if you know the fun fact flashback.
Speaker 1: Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: All right, there's that big sexy bald man who blue Eyes too was on.
Speaker 5: The Loose Street number two three, number three on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah so blue Eyes, Wow, muscular weird Mama Cash, You're so lucky.
Speaker 10: We do on Wall Street yesterday, Old I'm sweating over here. It was a good day on Wall Street. The Dow up two hundred and eighty four points. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, one hundred and thirteen Nasza Cup forty eight to seventeen thousand, seven eighty three benchmark tin. Your treasuries trading at a four point three one percent in oil stands at fifty nine dollars nine cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Disney, Navidia and Nike, the big duds Apple, United Health, and wow, that was it only two on the economic calendar this morning. We're going to numbers on wholesale inventories for March right now. Futures looking really good on the upside. Hang on to this be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Immadi. This is Halan Menis, director with Raymond James, reported for the Writern Show from Raymond James on sain fullyp and Augusta. Don't forget to bays rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 11: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Thank come emver nyst As IBC I art radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to Arion. This program is our educational and informational services on Leakstades and duds are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 2: By Young Finance ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. It's a throwback Thursday. I have not looked at what you guys are voting on. I will. We'll tend to that. We'll get into that in the seven o'clock hour. I have been going through your emails, keep sending me your great word suggestions. We're back at Reading my Lips with cast members of The Rod Ryan Show, and it'll be Moe's first Read my Lips game, and we'll flip a coin between the twins. Maybe we'll do that next hour or two, just so that they can get in the right headspace. Mo can get figure out who you know, what a strategy is against which twin. It doesn't matter. They look they're identical right now. Good morning, rod Ryan show. Hey, this is not a dude, Julie. You probably thought it was a dude.
Speaker 3: Mo.
Speaker 2: You probably thought it was a dude. This is not a dude. Julie on the phone.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 17: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. We produce enough of this every day to fill a wine bottle. What's the answer, Not a dude, Julie. It's saliva or sick. Yeah, it's the correct answer.
Speaker 9: She's smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's smart too. Uh, you're the winner. We're gonna see you at Buzzfest. Now, that's great.
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 2: All right? Did you see the Ditch Day information? I know you've been a fan of ditch even even coming since in your Skip day days. You coming.
Speaker 1: I will attempt to have to see if I can get off work. All right, I hope to meet you.
Speaker 2: The information is on our Facebook page. All right, great job today, See you at Buzzfest. Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 5: Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Any ninety four point five, The bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: The Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four.
Speaker 4: Five the Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz Stained for you, Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday, all right, needy, what most here?
Speaker 2: And she's like got this guy every morning. I need you to vote on Throwback Thursday. Need you to go vote on those songs winning song played at nine thirty. I need you to send me word suggestions. Don't worry about who's the only one we know. The only fixed position on Reading my Lips is Mo. We know she's playing her first game ever. We'll flip a coin between the twins. We'll figure out who she's going to be playing, So don't worry about. Sometimes people, if they know who's playing it, they know Chile's playing, they'll dirty words. See you can send me frying pan and he'll say something dirty. He'll get there on his own. You don't have to start me with something dirty. He'll just say something ridiculous. So they like to know who's playing. So maybe i'll take care of that coin flip.
Speaker 5: Next hour, I'll find one.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be busy.
Speaker 2: Risk it for the biscuit, your chance to win up to one thousand dollars with our friends, the Texas Hammer. So that's coming up at seven twenty eight twenties Reading my Lips. Busy, busy, busy this morning, as we always are twenty percent chance of rain parting the cloudy skies high of eighty eight mo.
Speaker 5: With Houston's headlines, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, just before five am Houston time, it was new at the Vatican. We saw black smoke, happy conclave. Not sure how the odds in Vegas are changing, but black smoke means no new pope. So the cardinals head back in a little break, more prayer, Another vote today. Fun fact, the last two popes were voted in on day two.
Speaker 5: That's on day two.
Speaker 2: That is a fun fact.
Speaker 5: Yes, so odds are in our favor.
Speaker 2: So we're going to find out today.
Speaker 1: Keep a watch if history repeats.
Speaker 6: The Federal Reserve announced yesterday that it's decided to keep interest rates steady. That means they're ignoring President Trump's push for lower rates, and the Fed chair said that economy is doing okay, warned that these new tariffs could raise prices.
Speaker 5: And slow growth.
Speaker 6: Trump has been very vocal saying lower rates are going to help these tariffs skick in, but the Fed wants to say independent from politics.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that to Hall before he left, you know, Captain Cash, And as soon as I mentioned it, you could tell he got really excited, Like do you want me to talk about that with you guys like no, I.
Speaker 5: Just I just I didn't weigh above my head.
Speaker 2: It was like the weather bro, I don't want to hear about theories.
Speaker 5: Uh did you.
Speaker 6: See the Houston Police Department Facebook page?
Speaker 2: I did because you sent it to me.
Speaker 5: The song this gets me ready this morning?
Speaker 6: Okay, So they innocently posted a picture praising one of their officers. Lieutenant Martin entered a restaurant in Montrose grabbing a quick bite eat. Walk past the table, saw a female unable to breathe. She was choking. Everyone around them is panicking. The officer did the heimlick. Same the lady's life. She's alive, amazing story, right?
Speaker 2: Is she super small? Is he just a giant of a man? Is it a combination of the.
Speaker 5: Two for you to decide.
Speaker 6: The comment section decided, this guy looks he's enormous.
Speaker 2: She's got to be a small woman too.
Speaker 5: He's enormous.
Speaker 2: Okay, that would scare me. The heimlick. That guy looks like he could snap that trick like a piece of celery.
Speaker 5: I'm willing to take one for the team.
Speaker 2: It is this hot cop have a name?
Speaker 5: This is what happened. I don't know is the worst hit it Martin.
Speaker 2: Name, he doesn't mean a name, Rod identify that.
Speaker 6: Section went wild like girl gone wild. He ain't ugly, he doesn't appear to be wearing a wedding ring. The commentors are hilarious, and then the other cops started to hear about this, So they're making fun of this guy.
Speaker 2: Sure, you gotta bust his ball.
Speaker 6: It is amazing, But no word from Lieutenant Martin himself just yet.
Speaker 2: Chili put up a blog page, so if you want.
Speaker 6: To see, if you want to see, just check it out for yourself.
Speaker 2: This hot cost. We'll see how that does on links and guests today might overtake fix the Graham Thursday.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 6: Tom Brady has admitted he's not perfect. He was on Logan Paul's podcast admitted you know that roast they did of him twenty twenty four of Tom Brady, He said that was a major parenting f up.
Speaker 5: I was surprised when he agreed to do that.
Speaker 2: I've watched.
Speaker 1: I like the roasts.
Speaker 5: It's bold. Yeah, Now, I never watched.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch all five hours of it. Did you end up watching it all clips?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were you surprised that he did it.
Speaker 1: He's the goat if I got paid pretty well for.
Speaker 2: Oh really, sometimes they do it for charities and stuff. I don't know what he got paid. He doesn't need the money, for God's sakes. But he said that it was a little embarrassing some of the content that was covered.
Speaker 5: The kids were embarrassed.
Speaker 6: Apparently they watched it publicly because the next morning they're like, Dad, what was the point of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hurt him. So I get it.
Speaker 6: His kids are like in the teen ish age, like one I think is like seventeen, and so they were just like annoyed.
Speaker 2: They made gisel jokes of you know, her hooking up with the jiu jitsu, you know, like, who'd want to hear that about their mom? I get it, your parents are famous.
Speaker 5: But still he could have avoided it.
Speaker 2: I think given the chance, he wouldn't. He would say no to doing it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: Our big news today in the music community, everyone no matter the genre, wrapping their arms around the lead singer of Three Doors Down. He shared the news that he has stage four kidney cancer, and the band has since canceled their summer tour, including select dates opening for Creed. Everyone supporting Brad Arnold. He has clear cell renal cell carcinoma which has spread to his lungs. Doesn't sound good, but he sincerely is just like the sweetest human. He said, he's not scared, asked for prayers, and just added a little plug for the band, saying, if you care to listen to our two thousand and eight.
Speaker 5: Song, It's not my time. What a sweet guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about success rates on the level of where he's at, but we hope we wish him the best. And I said already reading the comments, is that who's who in the music industry? That everyone loves the guys and three dollars down they're nice.
Speaker 5: Dudes, dude about about him? Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well that music is good news. I hope bo knows this. That's the song the next morning.
Speaker 1: If we win, that means they want one.
Speaker 8: So bas got to win. Yesterday they blew out the Brewers nine to one. There now eighteen and eighteen on the season. They're gonna have a day off today before opening up a weekend series with the Reds in the NBA playoffs. The Knicks gut by the Celtics ninety one to ninety. The Celtics have blown two twenty point leads in each of the first two games, and the Thunder beat the Nuggets one for your nine to one oh six. Even that series f at a game apiece. In soccer's Houston, Donald FC got to win last night. They beat Phoenix Rising FC four to one in the US Open Cup to advance to the quarterfinals, and in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Maple Leafs held on to beat the Panthers four to three and the Stars edged out the Gas three to two.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 2: Busy hour, risk it for the biscuit, which is going to probably take precedent over doing song clips Alex, So probably maybe we can do them next all right, we'll see if we have time. It's gonna be a busy, busy hour. I know we got to do the coin flip for sure to figure out if Alex or Chili is going to.
Speaker 1: Take on Mow and read my lips.
Speaker 2: Stay with us, guys, send me your word suggestions. Read my lips at eight twenty Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The.
Speaker 11: Dry Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I just saw Pearl Jam last Saturday. They played jazz Fest in New Orleans. They did do even Flow. It was a hit loaded set that they did. They opened with Corner Roy and then eight songs in I think yeah, eight songs in seven was Daughter eight was even Flow. I mean they did hits. They did a lot of songs off of that first album too. They did Jeremy and Porch and Black and uh.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a great set. I've seen Pearl Jam before and they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: They're just they're like the grateful dead, you know, like people love them, they don't care what they do. Dave Matthews is another one of these guys. Dave Matthew's band. He goes on stage and it's like, f the hits. I'm just gonna do what I do and people are with their with their dirty.
Speaker 1: Feet are there for it.
Speaker 2: They're dirty feet, feet everywhere, feet everywhere. What it was that thing it's National No Sock Day.
Speaker 5: You played that and it kind of made me sick of my stomach.
Speaker 2: Not the I'm not the biggest feet guy I heard heard it.
Speaker 18: I know I heard you were wearing slides slides the other day and.
Speaker 2: Then you came up. He's like, oh my god, I heard that you're not a feat.
Speaker 6: Someone messaged me and I was like, is Rod that offended by feet that I can't or sandys?
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 5: I just want to make you comfortable.
Speaker 14: Rod.
Speaker 2: Do you slide here for? Do you slide out of your slides? And are you running around barefoot? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's a problem. It's seven nine part of.
Speaker 2: The Claudi's guy's twenty percent chance of rain highs of a eighty eight risk it for the biscuit is coming up. But I wanted to just I wanted to take care of something. And you know what, I'm really the reason I'm doing this. I don't think Glex cares. It's Chili needs to know if he's playing or not. He needs to know if he can relax or if he's got to stress out to come in here and play. Read my lips, buddy, this is for you. I'm gonna I'm gonna get it over with. I'm gonna flip the coin and put you out of your misery.
Speaker 18: I mean, it doesn't matter if I play or not. I don't believe you for a second.
Speaker 9: I'm still gonna lose.
Speaker 2: I don't he is somebody that thinks about it the whole time he's putting up his blog pages. Hey is the hot cop on links and guests?
Speaker 18: Yes, it is. Tell that thirsty girl to come down. Wow, day four, Hey Rod, we should do this story about this hot comp. I'm like, great, cool, sit down. No, I do know that that's somebody's father, right, perves.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about him. I don't know he is a hot cop though my father.
Speaker 2: I can't confirm. I will co sign the hot cop. Chili calling in the air. Mo is definitely mo is the only person that we know is playing next hour. Read my lips.
Speaker 1: It's either going to be Alex or Chili Ready else called.
Speaker 2: In the air or Mo or Chili call it in the air.
Speaker 5: Chili.
Speaker 9: I'll go with Tails.
Speaker 2: Tails. Do you want to confirm that I trust you? Trust me? Thank you?
Speaker 9: Tails never fails.
Speaker 2: Chili.
Speaker 1: Please say.
Speaker 2: You heard.
Speaker 5: And coming from you.
Speaker 2: It's inappropriate, all right, bro, Sorry to ruin your morning.
Speaker 5: All right, I got to take on Chili.
Speaker 19: Yeah, just put it to the name of all the victims that I've accumulated on this show.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we got other things we gotta do, all right, So eight twenty chile a mo read my lips, send me word suggestions. Please, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: What is this?
Speaker 2: I know what this is. I know exactly what this is.
Speaker 20: Hang in there. You could win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You could win up to one thousand dollars. It's getting very very close to the time that we play risk It for the Biscuit. I just remember the kid's name, Reagan yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes, Reagan was the kid in the back SI.
Speaker 2: Yes, She's the one that made dad hang in there, and seven hundred dollars yesterday, seven hundred dollars. You go back to Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Nothing nothing, They didn't win anything, Cheryl.
Speaker 2: I will be asking you to call in after the break if you want to play risk It for the Biscuit. I don't care what your number is. I don't care how long you want to hang in there.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that I do.
Speaker 2: I do think it's funny when you don't win anything, but I do I'm just gonna be honest. I do think it's funny when you don't win anything, But I want you to win cash.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: I want you to win cash because they don't give away a lot of cash. That's like local here, Okay, so start getting your mind right. Coming up after the break, we'll have you call in for risk It for the Biscuit with the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 11: Rock and Alternative US around Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: A ride, Welcome back and thank you for voting on Throwback Thursday. I would love to get into song clips, but you know what, I'd love even more playing risk it for the Biscuit giving away some cash. Well, that's what's coming up immediately, so don't go anywhere. And then about an hour from now, we'll be set on the table mo Chile. We know who's we know who the players are and read my lips. We'll have you guys call in. It is for three day weekend passes to ACL fests, which is a big, big deal. All right, twenty percent chance of rain today party Cloudy hies them around eighty eight. Before we get into what's trending, Alex, you've got a new podcast up today?
Speaker 1: Do you have a new podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, would you folks get into on Past the Gravy.
Speaker 8: We learned about Alcatraz you know, I saw a poll question and it was favorable for reopening Alcatraz.
Speaker 2: Well, we are against that.
Speaker 8: We're more leaning towards turning the astrodom into a jam because you don't have to fix them as much you want them coming here.
Speaker 1: Well, you just have people.
Speaker 8: Seems like it's a big place and it's probably easier to fix that up for that than.
Speaker 1: Take an Alcatraz.
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 8: So we got into that are Mermaids the worst kind of Maids?
Speaker 1: And then we also did a mock draft of summer so that was that was pretty fun.
Speaker 8: The loser of mock draft season has to either raise chickens or grab a cops gun. So it kind of came down to this week, so find out who won that.
Speaker 2: That's on Links and Guests right now. What's what's trending?
Speaker 8: Three Doors down is trending The fans lead singer Brad Arnold came out yesterday and said that he has stage four kidney cancer.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about that all morning. Six ram Thursday is trending Cassandra.
Speaker 8: Sanchez submitted by an anonymous listener, and people are checking her out at the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com and then Champions League is trending. The Champions League semifinals wrapped up yesterday. That's a soccer guys know what that was. Oh yeah, it'll be Inter Milan against Paris Saint Germain in the final.
Speaker 1: That'll blowdown on May thirty. First. The people are talking about that online right now. This is training in ninety pro five the buzz All.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you very much. A quick email from Christopher, and these have been rolling in like every single day. I mean there's ten fifteen of them, which makes me very very happy. Good morning, brother Rod. Just want to let you know great addition with Mo. You guys are killing it. Love all that you do. Thank you for starting our days off great. Thank you, Christopher. Yeah, I'm always doing a great job for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you have what it tights to risk it for the biscuit with.
Speaker 20: Rod Ryan on ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 2: I want to say, Monday's person won six or seven hundred dollars six six, six hundred tuesdays Gal nothing, she want nothing. The explosion happened, boom, She just she hung in there too long. That's what's what happens when it can happen when if you're risking it for the biscuit yesterday seven hundred dollars taking the vice of his child, I don't have that much. Well, listen, I love my kid, You love your kids. Everybody loves their kids. I don't know if I'm hanging on that long. How could you not look at your kid differently if it exploded? And just to make them feel good about themselves, you hung in on their number and you won nothing.
Speaker 5: It's a lesson learned.
Speaker 1: I mean, no cookies for months in my house.
Speaker 2: I don't care what your number is, but my number is seven to one three two one two five nine four five. Do you have what it takes to risk it for the biscuit? Your chance at winning up to one thousand dollars cold hard cash from our friends, the Texas Hammers seven one three two one two five nine four five. Here's three days gray, so called life ninety four five, The buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The buzz I mean, I saw everybody commenting Brad Arnold's post yesterday three doors down terrible news Brad Arnold announcing that he's been diagnosed with I think stage four cancer.
Speaker 1: Adam Gantier, it's just one of the names.
Speaker 2: I just I it was one of the things that I was scrolling yesterday so many of you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: I did find out from you.
Speaker 2: So many people were emailing me and getting in contact with me talking about Brad Arnold's announcement.
Speaker 1: We have that for you.
Speaker 2: It's on leaks and guests and he's really really positive. I do want to get to his message at some point today. I want to play in his words what he's kind of going through.
Speaker 1: And he's a man of faith and.
Speaker 2: He said he's not scared and whatever he's going through, that's what he's going through. But man, he's loved by so many people. And we were talking about this earlier Mo like all genres, everybody was coming out and and you know, just wishing him the.
Speaker 5: Best feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think he must, absolutely must. So that's a big story that we're covering today. But I just saw Adam Gontier from Three Days Grace. He was also on there. Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. At some point we'll get to these throwback Thursday clips. What I am going to ask of you is to step it up just a bit on your word suggestions. You've got a big, big, read my lips game next hour. It's going to be mo taking on the Chile, and I need you to send me your word suggestions. Rod at the Buzz dot Com can't wait to play that game. But before we get there, we gotta do this. All right? Okay?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to risk it for the Biscuit? Good morning, Rod, Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Who we got?
Speaker 1: This is Kenneth, Kenneth, Kenneth.
Speaker 2: Do you want to turs?
Speaker 9: Do you want to turgs? I've got what it first?
Speaker 2: All right, Kenneth, where are you from? Okay, dude, have you heard this? Have you heard the risk it for the Biscuit? You know what we're doing here. We're giving away cash, dude.
Speaker 1: Cash cash money.
Speaker 9: We need cash?
Speaker 1: Baby, Yeah we do, Yeah, we do. All right?
Speaker 2: Who's yacking in your ear telling you what number to stop at? You got people? You got influencers there? Or is this all you? You're going solo Kenneth this morning?
Speaker 9: No, I've got my twelve year old the Sun here. He's gonna be running the show.
Speaker 2: He's running the show. Damn. You guys got a lot of faith in those kids. What's your kid's name? Kenneth.
Speaker 9: His name is also Kenneth.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Senior and Jr. Are going to tag team risk it for the biscuit. You and Junior.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know the number. You and Junior have talked about a number.
Speaker 9: No, you're just ready to play.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're going to feel it.
Speaker 2: Who's yelling stop? If you're yelling stop at all, Who's who's going to be stopping me and and snuffing out that hughes you? Kenneth or Junior or Senior? J Okay, so he better Okay, let me hear him. Let me hear him say stop. We can hear okay, Yeah, make sure that make sure that phone is near Junior again. I love my child. I'm not putting this in her hands.
Speaker 5: So ex stress sweaty right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one's making me.
Speaker 5: This is great, it's great.
Speaker 2: This one's making me more nervous.
Speaker 5: Oh awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, here's what's going to happen. Just listen on the phone. You will hear the fuse lit. You will hear one hundred dollars increments. When you hear a amount of money, it's yours. As soon as you say stop, we lock it in and that all that money is yours? Do we understand, Junior and Senior? Yes, sir, okay, we got it all right, boys, man, I'm rooting for you. Here we go.
Speaker 1: The only thing left to do is risk it for the biscuit. Here we go.
Speaker 2: We got Kenneth Senior and Kenneth Junior.
Speaker 20: One hundred dollars, two hundred dollars. Okay, three hundred dollars, four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Wow, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Stop stuck, stop stop right there? Boom boom, stop stop.
Speaker 1: It, stop and stop it. Guess what five.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars two, your sire? What a combination does your two?
Speaker 5: Five hundred dollars?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna buy a lot of baseball gloves.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, boil over here too.
Speaker 2: Nope, what can I play? Alex? Can I play?
Speaker 3: Be?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Five hundred dollars is the winner? Wait?
Speaker 6: What'd you say you're gonna do with that money?
Speaker 2: Uh? Junior, I want to, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I wanna hear from the kid.
Speaker 1: Junior.
Speaker 2: You had that number in your head. You knew you were gonna always stop it after five?
Speaker 21: Yeah, because I would because right now in my rewording possibilities and I don know where it's not gonna go to over six hundred.
Speaker 9: Ooh god, it's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna go to over six hundred, he says.
Speaker 2: Can we play the rest of it?
Speaker 1: Yes? You can? Okay, here we go. You want to take a listen to see what it was, Junior?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you stopped at five. You locked in that money. Don't worry about it. That's your money, that is on your money.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Seven hundred dollars. That's a lot of money. Oh, okay, seven?
Speaker 2: So I went five, six, seven, eight hundred dollars. Okay, okay, okay, it went up to eight. It's okay, Senior. Junior, five hundred dollars. Congratulations, great John, boys, great Joe. I love that, Senior. What is Junior's cut of the five hundred?
Speaker 5: I see walking around school today?
Speaker 1: Like, Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Boys, that was a great job today.
Speaker 1: Man, Way to go.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Show on nine the bus.
Speaker 2: Can't do that in front of the new Ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why why did you just bend down with that?
Speaker 2: I can't do it in front of him? Embarrassed, Good morning, everybody ninety four to five bus wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes, voting vote. I'm gonna throwback Thursday songs. Send me word suggestions. Please email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com. Now mo at the buzz dot com is working.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: I want you to email her. I want you to welcome her to the family, but you can't send her words. She's playing. So don't put anyone else. If you're emailing a word suggestion, just me Rod at the buzz dot Com. Some of your words. Don't email those to Chile either. He's playing mo At around a twenty. Well that was fun, man, that's two times now that parents have put their money fake in the hands of children. Kenneth Senior and Kenneth Junior were fun.
Speaker 1: That worked out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know what, And here I am like right now, like my kids probably in school. So she's not listening.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing that with London never.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, she's gonna hold out for a thousand.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh, I have a chance that one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, let's wait for them, Let's.
Speaker 2: Wait for the whole thing. Daddy.
Speaker 5: It says something about her upbringing Ron, What did you do?
Speaker 2: She? I don't think she gets it, Like, do you understand we won't win anything? We can be Tuesday. Okay, I'm feeling Tuesday about your number. Okay, I'm feeling explosiony.
Speaker 1: So please, guys, one more day or could we carry o?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say one more day crazy, I'm gonna I'm gonna say we got one.
Speaker 1: More day of it?
Speaker 2: Sound I do sound crazy? It's great time and time, especially after a Pumpkin song. I don't know when we're gonna do song clips, but I gotta start looking at this voting.
Speaker 1: I will get over there.
Speaker 2: I will check out some of the leaks. Okay, yeah, I guess we could do that. Also, there is a link up and it is a good link, and it is an update of the guy in the video that fell at the Pirates game. It's a new angle and Alex said that he really when there. It's kind of hard not to see. A new video has emerged. The guy's twenty years old, Cavin Kevin mark Wood. He's the one that went over the railing and fell twenty one feet at a Pittsburgh Pirates game last week. So the shows him because from the angle that I saw, it was all the way across the field, and I'm just it looked like he jumped. I don't know what I was saying it was an accident, and I said, it didn't look like an accident.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 2: He's jumping up, he's in celebration, and then he kind of fell forward and then but he toppled over in the air. A couple of times, hospitalized, critical condition, broken neck, clavical, broken back. Right now, and I know, where's the good news. He's awake, he's alert, he's able to speak. He still has a long way to go, but his family is saying that recovery has been quote nothing short of miraculous. Now we all know going to the baseball diamond, you see the netting that they have kind of like put everywhere now, all the way down to almost to the outfield. Now, is there going to be some sort of a standardized railing height because you can't have that railing too high because you're assuming a lot of times during baseball you're sitting sitting down, and you don't want that at eye level. You want it beneath your eye level. For the average person. Are they going to go in and do something.
Speaker 8: There's so many ball like that's the thing about ballparks where like like Fenway Park has like a three foot wall I feel like in right field and they have the green moss on the other side, but like you can basically just like trip over one with the walls, So like, I don't know, would you put it there?
Speaker 2: You're right, there's so many non standardized things. That's the cool thing about it in baseball diamonds. But will there be some sort of Again, I'm not saying that they're going to overreact, but I'm asking you.
Speaker 1: Would lose all like home run balls? It does not think anymore that the.
Speaker 2: Railing could be something that maybe they take take a look at. With this, I don't know, because it's one of those cases that's been big.
Speaker 1: Was he intoxicated though, I don't know.
Speaker 6: He was only twenty twenty, so yeah, they're intoxicated twenty I've been no twenty.
Speaker 5: Year old as ever ever at all game.
Speaker 2: I guess they're waiting probably I'm sure that's going to come out, but we're waiting to see that he's good and he now on his way to recovery. Right now, and it's miraculous. So we're focusing in on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that they can raise the railings. I don't know, because that would really obstruct your view, that would.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 2: Would that have stopped him? Then the way that he fell over, I mean.
Speaker 1: You could have fallen. Yeah, I think I don't do free tight enniting.
Speaker 5: Everyone could wear a harness.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that whole first thing dropped in seatbelt, seatbelts.
Speaker 1: That's it, seatbelts. Fat first show.
Speaker 2: You can't stand. There's a there's a video. There's new video of that guy that's on the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: We're glad he's doing bet The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Breaking Benjamin. I will not bow Rob Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday, it is fixed The Graham Thursday. We're gonna do our best to try to get into some song clips, even if they're real short. We gotta do some updating on the voting and all of that good stuff because reading my lips is coming up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get busy, you know, how that gets.
Speaker 2: It's Alex will be the timekeeper today. It's Moe taking on Chile the Chili. Did he win the coin toss or lose the coin toss?
Speaker 1: Alex? How do you do that they won the coin tod he he called it fails.
Speaker 2: He would tell you that he lost the coin toss. I think he would say twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Chance of rank partly cloudy high eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Keep sending me your word suggestions, and I got mo right here with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Good morning, just before five am Houston time. Noon at the Vatican, we saw black smoke today. Happy conclave. Not sure if the odds in Vegas are up or down, but we have no new pope. So the cardinals are back in taking a little break, some more prayer.
Speaker 5: Another vote today.
Speaker 6: The last two popes were voted in on day two, so we have another vote.
Speaker 5: We're waiting for that.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, Casey Means was appointed Trump's new nominee to be Surgeon General. Trump withdrew his previous nomination just a day before that.
Speaker 5: Lady was for her confirmation hearing.
Speaker 6: The new nominee is a wellness influencer and she champions things like cutting processed foods to fight chronic illness. The biggest, really biggest news of the day is a new study women are more attracted to bald men. Come on, it's new research from a company called Illicit Encounters, and they talk to women to find out what physical attributes are most attractive.
Speaker 5: In their men. And the number one was a muscular guy. Okay, sorry, dad bods.
Speaker 2: I thought the dad bobs were really I thought we just talked about how awesome dan bobs are. Not.
Speaker 6: According to these women, the second thing on their list most desired trait bald heads. They say bald guys are more socially mature, intelligent, educated, and honest.
Speaker 2: Uh chilling. Good news today. This was the first story today. This was the absolute first story I sent Mode this morning.
Speaker 9: Yeah we're bad, baby, Yeah we are.
Speaker 2: Come down, girls, gotta get the gym a little bit more of what Now.
Speaker 6: Beards were on the list, rod listen to this. Muscular was number one. Two was bald head. Three blue eyes, Oh.
Speaker 2: I got that checked.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, four a beard.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying it, okay, but but you're not saying what what does this list do for you? This list is new research from Illicit Encounters, which is a dating site for married people looking to have an affair.
Speaker 5: I know they're not looking for me.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming you're on that, not on that, but does that align with your thoughts and feelings?
Speaker 5: No, sir, okay.
Speaker 6: I don't do facial hair and my husband has thick hair.
Speaker 5: God full head.
Speaker 9: What if we were like cowboy boots and thong?
Speaker 1: Why do you always got to go dude, he looks great. I got to weird it up.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 9: It's always girls love a guy that wears the thong that he's confident.
Speaker 2: He's got to gong and hoochie shorts, and he's always got to weird it up a little bit.
Speaker 9: You've got to advertise what you got.
Speaker 5: Do you like a hoochi daddy short?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going with these infidelity people.
Speaker 5: They like the bald men.
Speaker 2: All right, great studies today.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm glad it makes you happy.
Speaker 2: Alex put this music in.
Speaker 5: Jerry maguire, is that what this is from?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 5: Does everyone know that except for me?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that this was the song played at that scene. I know the scene obviously.
Speaker 1: Just shut up. Jerry had Hello.
Speaker 6: Jerry McGuire's in the headlines today because the kid from the movie plus his heart Jonathan Lipnikki. He was a huge star when he was five because of this movie Jerry McGuire. He was also in Stuart Little, but then he kind of just fell off the planet. Well he's now thirty four, out there grinding and posted that he's not where he wants to be career wise.
Speaker 2: He looks pretty good. I mean by that, I mean he has all his hairs still.
Speaker 5: You're into that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I am super into that. I wish I was into that.
Speaker 6: We're trying to find him a job. Okay, help the kid from Jerry maguire.
Speaker 2: He looks good though, right, I mean he looks like an adult version of the five five year old he's really held on.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 6: I mean that could be hard to find a role if you've already been pigeonholed into the five year old kid.
Speaker 2: Not everybody is not button too, but not everybody looks like the adult version of their their their own five year olds. He really does. He has maintained that kind of that weird kid look. Yeah, I can't unsee the five year old, but I'm looking at four year old.
Speaker 6: The music community obviously big story for us today, everyone's wrapping their arms around the lead singer of Three Doors Down. He shared that he has stage four kidney cancer. The band canceled their summer tour, including select dates opening.
Speaker 5: For Creed, just to support Brad.
Speaker 6: He has clear cell renal cell carsonoma and it's spread to his Lungsince it doesn't feel good, but he said he's sincerely not scared at all.
Speaker 5: He's asked for prayers and he also.
Speaker 6: The sweetest thing, put in a little plug for the band, asking for supporters to just listen to the two thousand and eight song It's not my time, because that's what he says.
Speaker 5: It's keeping them going right now.
Speaker 1: All right, we do. We wish him the best.
Speaker 5: It's sad, It's really sad. But those are Houston steplines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex.
Speaker 8: The Astros gotta win. Yesterday they blew out the Brewers nine to one. They're now eighteen and eighteen on the year. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Reds. In the NBA Playoffs, the Knicks got by the Celtics ninety one to ninety and the thunderbeat the Nuggets one forty nine to one oh six. In soccer, Houston Dynamo FC gotta win. Last night they beat Phoenix Rising FC four to one in the US Open Cup. They now advanced the quarterfinals of that tournament, and in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Maple Leafs held on to beat the Panthers four to three and the Stars edged out the Jets three to two. I have a pair of front row VIP tickets to overtime.
Speaker 22: Boxing ATX thirteen this Friday night, featuring in All Texas WBA Continental and because super Wealthweight main event between world rated Andreas cats Racus and Roberto Cruz Callar ten to seven, three.
Speaker 8: Two and two five nine four five is gonna be sitting in the front row at these fights.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 21: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: All right ninety four to five the bus half point point of the show in PEBA s Neirvanda.
Speaker 2: Art shaped box. Good morning, everybody, if you're off to a great start to your day. Looks like a pretty good looking date too, I mean partly. Claude's guys, nothing over a twenty percent chancel rang hike today around eighty eight, I got eight oh six. I gotta squeeze in some song clips. We gotta talk about throwback Thursday or if you just want to talk about that Fixtagram Thursday link today. I think that was submitted by Chili. I'm not buying that that person sent it in. It's like Chili just sent in another one of his faiths, like the yeah, great submission, anonymous, Yep, what it's anonymous. I'm like, Okay, that.
Speaker 1: Came from Chile.
Speaker 2: All day does he does pretty much tell us when he when he We are going to be playing read my lips this hour. It's most first game ever, so I'm really really excited about that.
Speaker 1: Obviously rooting for her because you hate me and Chili like this game.
Speaker 10: I don't fly, you can't stop, but not.
Speaker 2: So range against the machine. Before they broke up for the first time, they put out an album of cover songs and I believe I've played you the original before on this show. African Bombasa or Chili will correct me on that.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I mean what they did with this song and they really change it around. But this is the start of what you are, what you have for choices, today for Throwback Thursday, Rage against the Machine in the lead right now, renegades of funkgeous tell me if you think he's saying funk every single time, let's let's get a little sample here. I feel like he sneaks when it.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not gonna say it.
Speaker 2: We don't have time, Jesus, he's saying funk right you in it, said assistant cover song number two today. I think it was Chris Daughtry that did this on American Idol back in the day, Ring a Fire, and everybody recognized that on the panel as a Johnny Cash song. But I don't know that Social Distortion got the credit. It was their interpretation that Daughtry was doing. Here's Social d y fay. That's back when I was watching American I like we all watched.
Speaker 6: It at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, he's doing it.
Speaker 2: Like Social Distortion though, And yeah, and nobody was giving him credit for that. I mean, you can't go wrong. You can't go wrong with that. You can't go wrong with Rage Against the Machine. You know, they're one of my all time favorite fands, the.
Speaker 1: Funnest song in there.
Speaker 2: And I told Alex early this morning before we play the old Oh yeah, this isn't that one movie? What movie is it? We always guess American Pie had a good Vegas Vacation.
Speaker 1: Is one of the movies that it's in.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Ninety six. I saw them in a club, all right?
Speaker 1: Based on those clips, Mo, what's your vote?
Speaker 6: The third one is also from the movie Clueless, I believe, Oh, okay, the movie I've actually seen. Okay, but I'm gonna have to pick number two. I feel like whoever picked those three songs picked them for me.
Speaker 5: Because I liked them all all right.
Speaker 2: Well two Rage against the Machine and lead with forty percent of the vote. Social distortion, Ring a Fire thirty one percent, Republica right behind at twenty seven percent of the vote when they wear to vote, Low votes, Low votes the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page. Thanks Rob at thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you have we got that out of the way.
Speaker 2: Get your boats in, Get your boats in. Its stop to beat my lips. It's Mo's first game ever.
Speaker 5: I'm new here, new.
Speaker 2: And we throw you right into the ring fire. In the Ring of Fire with the lonely bowl. You have to play the Chile which you asked me. I appreciate you being nice. I'll turn it around on you. Bless your heart.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You asked me h and we all know what that means. You asked me, well, who do you think I should play round? I'm like, you want chili? Okay, let's I know you're being I know you're trying to be cool right now. You want you want chili if you want a fighting chance winning today? Chill you ready?
Speaker 19: Always you always throwing shade my way, Never give me my.
Speaker 9: Put some respect on my name.
Speaker 1: Did you just win the last game? I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Some person off the street.
Speaker 6: Okay's have the street Dowt Tom thinks you like I'm a threat.
Speaker 2: He's a broadcasting professional a threat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never asked her. If she's a professional lip reader, I don't know what. I don't know what she does in a free time.
Speaker 9: All girls are a professional lip readers.
Speaker 5: Broke, you better be careful what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Ready, all right, Ready.
Speaker 2: That's chili, that's mo. They're going to take on one another. Read my lips. We'll get you guys involved, We'll get you on the phone, and they are trying to win you three day weekend passes to ACL that's all coming.
Speaker 11: Up Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four The.
Speaker 4: Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Hey, song clips.
Speaker 2: It worked for Republica, it did nothing for most choice, Social distortion, Ring of Fire dropped the third place, sorry, twenty eight percent Social d Ring of Fire thirty three percent, Republica Ready to go thirty eight percent, Rage against a Machine, renegades of funk. So it's it's anyone's game right now. It's still wide open. I know Chili, I know you've got ye. Chili's a rage guy, for sure. He's he's been waiting. He's got that on his bucket list for a long time. You've had rage on your bucket list.
Speaker 9: I think I'm gonna die before you'll get to see them.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent chance of rain today partly cloudy. High of eighty eight. So that's what's happening with Throwback Thursday. What's trending out there?
Speaker 23: Oh well, the cavalcade is trending there. Cavalcade in a way there trying to pick a new get. Struck by lightning on claythic that doesn't count.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, putting out black and white smoke, well smoke in the March of the Dalmatians.
Speaker 2: No, none of that is true.
Speaker 1: The Catholics everywhere is stoked about it.
Speaker 5: They're coming after you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for ram.
Speaker 2: Thursday is trending.
Speaker 23: Cassandra Sanchez, submitted by Chili or an anonymous.
Speaker 19: Listeners bore were you email?
Speaker 2: Hey money, I believe.
Speaker 9: You, he says, keep my name private.
Speaker 2: Why Chili, It's like she went, if you were a plastic surgeon, she went to see you perfect. I mean you scor look like if you could chisel a body out, you would chisel.
Speaker 1: That would be the.
Speaker 19: Worst the plastic surgeon. I'd be like, girl, you look so food. All all you need is knee.
Speaker 8: And then NBA Playoffs is also training. People are talking about the games last night, mostly the the Knicks have come back from twenty point deficits in each of the first two games against the defending champion Celtics, and a lot of people didn't think that was gonna happen. And that's probably the biggest story of the second ut of the NBA Playoffs so far.
Speaker 1: But that's a training on nine for five of the buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, not to read my lips. We haven't even taken callers yet, Chili. He thinks he's playing.
Speaker 5: I forgot in his head.
Speaker 2: You're in his head.
Speaker 1: You're the biggest chilli. You know what I have?
Speaker 2: What hang on? Look at my guy here? I love you. You're standing there. You're ready to play right now. We haven't even taken callers or anything yet. You think we're playing right now.
Speaker 9: Because I got used to you picking just one.
Speaker 1: Caller and yeah, you've done this.
Speaker 2: Well, Mo's not a listener. She's on the show now, so we have to get.
Speaker 1: Callers work done.
Speaker 5: Bye bye, he said.
Speaker 2: Ready to play?
Speaker 1: Put me in code?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's talking crap over there.
Speaker 2: All right, now's the time to call. Do you want to be on? Is Mo gonna win her first game ever? You hope?
Speaker 1: So is she?
Speaker 2: Is she some freakishly awesome lip reader that we don't know about.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're learning all week long.
Speaker 2: You want to be on Team Mo or Team Chile seven one three two one two five nine four five. And they're trying to win you tickets to a c L so huge deal.
Speaker 17: The rod Ryan Show, The Busy four by the Bars, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, that's Papa Roachi, but if it kills me.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan's show yeats throwback Thursday. But it's also the day that we play Read My Lips, so I would appreciate your sticking around, and we got to see how Mode does in her very first episode ever of Reading My Lips. Hey, Chilly, what's up?
Speaker 9: What's up? Now?
Speaker 2: You're back in here? This is where you play?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you He could not wait to get in here.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm just ancient man. Way to wit, you know, wit so much?
Speaker 2: You got everything situated over here. Yeah, he had both people.
Speaker 9: I forgot how to do my job.
Speaker 5: And I came in and ruined your life. Yes, yes, here I am.
Speaker 2: Let's say hi to Gilbert Gilbert. Good morning, Hey Gilbert. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm learn great?
Speaker 9: Oh you think you are?
Speaker 2: It's a huge ticket. Chili feels the heat too of a c L. Sometimes he's like, I don't care. Whatever's a c L. Three day weekend passes. I know they want to win for you. Who's playing for you today?
Speaker 1: Gilbert? Sure?
Speaker 9: Say the truth.
Speaker 5: Did when Chili?
Speaker 2: When they call in, he makes them pick before he tells them who's still available. He does that.
Speaker 5: That's good and you know what keeps you You're not going to win.
Speaker 2: Broo Christina, good morning, Hey Christina. Mm hmmm team mo.
Speaker 1: Te mo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you must have got through first.
Speaker 5: Got to stick together, mama girl.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, whatever, doesn't matter what's going on. It's like, no, the woman, the woman, gotta go with the woman.
Speaker 5: That's you got it all right?
Speaker 2: Well, it's for a cl weekend passes, Moe. I will give you the option of going first or second.
Speaker 5: I would like to go second.
Speaker 1: Probably a smart play. Chill, he's a champion.
Speaker 9: You just want to see how perfect works.
Speaker 1: Yes, who's boss?
Speaker 5: Yes, y'all are so annoying?
Speaker 1: You have you?
Speaker 2: Have you listened to that obnoxious song that? Are you going to be hearing that for the first time? There's a song that's gonna play.
Speaker 5: In your ear? Yes, so loud. I've never heard it before.
Speaker 6: And I actually have perfect hearing still and I have baby ears, so I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 1: She was saying, we don't have to turn you.
Speaker 5: Turn it down a little bit. I can hear it right now.
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, no, you gotta tear it all of it.
Speaker 2: He called you dog.
Speaker 23: He did.
Speaker 1: It's not fun. You have to do it all right.
Speaker 2: Wow, Chili's ready to go.
Speaker 1: When this thing turns red, that will be the end of his turn.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: So twenty seconds on the clock. I see that Chili will say that I'm going to smile. He'll make a crack about my teeth. They'll say something about my face.
Speaker 5: You can't hear us right now.
Speaker 2: You can't hear if you can say anything you want about Chili. Hey, baby, twenty seconds, I'm gonna say the word. He's gonna hit the timer. Chili will have twenty seconds. All right, thumbs up.
Speaker 9: I am a killing machine, all right.
Speaker 2: Greg sent this in. Here we go, There we go. Muffin mustache, muffin mustache.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you body, but you hate that God pulling one around me right now?
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 2: Muffin mustache?
Speaker 1: Right, I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm amazed.
Speaker 5: I should just leave.
Speaker 1: I am absolutely amazed.
Speaker 2: That's the quickest he's ever gotten a word. Wow, I don't know what to do with my hands. He's never that's the fastest he's ever moved up.
Speaker 5: Why me, here we go.
Speaker 2: Mundo sent this one, as you doubted.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up.
Speaker 9: Thumbs up.
Speaker 5: You're messing with him.
Speaker 2: You left her try again in his head.
Speaker 9: All right, come on, you muffing mustache.
Speaker 2: Clam killer, lit reader, clam killer, clam clip eater, clamor bro now clam killer, clam reader, clam killer reader, clam killer, clamyltle.
Speaker 5: Smirk that little smart thanks almost.
Speaker 18: Almost slip, trying to catch me slipping clam oh kill.
Speaker 8: Excuse trying to throw you off with those little facial things he's doing.
Speaker 2: Don't listen.
Speaker 9: That's not what he looked like he was saying. You know, he didn't like claim, you know.
Speaker 2: From his old Stratford days, the clam killer.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go, hold on and here we go.
Speaker 2: It's one. He's got one.
Speaker 9: She won't even get a word.
Speaker 5: So we're saying, smile at him, Rod and smile.
Speaker 2: One sent this in.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm not smiling, not but not with this word.
Speaker 1: Sums up.
Speaker 4: Go horse teeth, r g teeth, horse teeth, horse teeth.
Speaker 2: Let's good.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 6: That's he's not chuckling at you before you the words. This is horrible, Gilbert. He didn't want chili, but you got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about horse teeth.
Speaker 5: Or was it counted? I hate horses it's my rational fear.
Speaker 2: You're afraid of horses. And then horse teeth came up. You mentioned that was your word, was it you said, well, no, it was your word. You said it on the air this week. Yeah, all right, here we go. I'm sorry about this song.
Speaker 1: It's so distract I don't apologize. This is the game.
Speaker 2: Distract the game. I said the same thing to everybody. You did, not that to Chili, not to Chili, not to me, shut your horse tea.
Speaker 8: You never apologized for the song to me, shut your horse teeth.
Speaker 9: The other ones.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 2: It's too loud, too old guy. Turn it down.
Speaker 9: No, you don't turn it down.
Speaker 2: You can't turn it down.
Speaker 1: He listened to a full volume turn it down. Those are the rules the society we live in.
Speaker 2: She has very sensitive ears. You can kiss that goodbye. Twenty seconds to go. Make sure she gets the same amount of time. I am. There we go, face.
Speaker 6: Nut butter shot book, nut nuts butter, monica.
Speaker 2: Nut butter, shut but nuts.
Speaker 5: Nuts butter, butter, nut butter.
Speaker 2: She got it. Yeah, nut butter.
Speaker 9: Not to be confused with butter.
Speaker 2: Wow. Kevin sent this one in one. This ties it up out. This ties it up, Chile.
Speaker 9: You're going for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he comes up, hates us. Yeah, death death donut donut. Guys that it.
Speaker 1: Easiest of all time again no smirks, no smirks.
Speaker 18: Yeah it guy said that.
Speaker 2: That's what they call that little circle.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they also call it the robber. Yeah, for the they call the circle of this also, he said.
Speaker 1: The death donut.
Speaker 2: Right, here we go.
Speaker 9: We're guaranteed it over time.
Speaker 2: We are not guaranteed and overtime. If she gets Andrew's word, right, I mean, if you want to show her the word, it may be the greatest first showing of all time. No, she ain't gonna get this all right, thumbs up?
Speaker 1: No smart again man, Andrew sent this out to us this morning. Here we go, Hm, and long.
Speaker 9: Is the Beacher's pit.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 2: Biscuit bomb, pop, biscuit bomb, biscuit bomb.
Speaker 9: Something's wrong?
Speaker 2: No, keep it on bomb winning, Got all three? Got all three?
Speaker 5: I have to go to church.
Speaker 4: Biscuit Astina, you called it, Christina, you called it tequila sisters the way.
Speaker 5: You don't know what I just went through for you.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they were saying about me, but that stuff in my ears was so.
Speaker 1: Bad I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You didn't want Gilbert.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah a c L three day weekend passes. You got the second weekend, Christina, we got the weekend passes for you. Wait to go today? Thank you, Thank you, Christina.
Speaker 5: Did I make kil proud?
Speaker 1: You did crush.
Speaker 5: I surprised her.
Speaker 2: Great games? All right, great first outing.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You play Alex next week.
Speaker 5: How do you feel, Alex?
Speaker 2: Same fantastic, same song, same everything that you read.
Speaker 5: That music never goes away, and.
Speaker 2: Keep it up over there.
Speaker 1: I might root again. You always do it against me for five months. Now you have it. Might be right.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Congratulations Moe on her first victory, her first game of Reading my Lips. That was slow fast Andrew. Oh, Andrew supplied that last word. He said, Hey, Andrew Roden, welcome to the rod Ryan Show team Mo. I provided the winning word for you on reading my Lips. You're welcome lol. Great job on your first game.
Speaker 1: You're a great addition to the team. Welcome in slow fast Andrew.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Florian.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'd like to say I appreciate Moe for knowing how to pronounce all the street names here in Houston while she's been around. She's she's been on radio for ten years here in Houston. It's a lovely thing to hear during the rec checks. Also, congratulations on reading my lips.
Speaker 1: Impressive.
Speaker 2: But my boy Alex is gonna mop the floor with you next week.
Speaker 1: I'm not a probably victim. Good luck.
Speaker 2: That's from the Polish phenom Florian email again. All right, so loud, okay, I can hardly wait for next Thursday.
Speaker 1: I can hardly wait.
Speaker 2: But we still got to finish up next We still got to finish up with tomorrow's show Friday, Free Beer Friday, and it'll be our last day A risk it for the biscuit. How much did five hundred today? Five hundred? It was Kenneth Junior and Senior. They kind of tag team that. So more cash tomorrow at seven twenty read my lips. Not until next week, but I still got listen Alternative Income. That's the national contest, your chance to win a thousand dollars. That's coming up at nine, ten, three eleven, Bad Flower playing Friday Night. I got tickets for you. I got tickets for you on Know the Show today, so still a ton of show plus that winning song.
Speaker 1: Have you voted on Throwback Thursday yet? Hit us up on links and guests.
Speaker 2: Please Houston Rock and.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show six at ten am.
Speaker 4: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Quick glance at your voting. Rage against the Machine still has a lock in that number one spot, but what will be happy? Social d Ring of Fire is up in the second place slot, republica third, and it's only a couple percentage points between them, so it's still anyone's game. We don't know what song is going to be played until nine thirty. You have your votes. We'll be looking at your votes until nine thirty when the winning song is played, so it's not too late. As a matter of fact, your vote really really does matter, so make sure you get after the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Oh, one final time, please Houston's headline.
Speaker 5: Yes, good morning.
Speaker 6: Just before five am this morning our time, noon Vatican time, we saw black Smoke Happy conclave.
Speaker 10: Y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure how betting is going the odds in Vegas. But black smoke means no new pope, so the Cardinals are praying right now. We got another vote this afternoon. Fun fact, the last two popes were voted in on day two, so we're in day two. Let's see how we do. The Federal Reserve announced yesterday it's decided to keep interest rate steady, and that means they're ignoring the President's push for lower rates. The Fed chair said the economy's doing okay, but he did warn that tariffs could raise prices and slow growth, so they want to stay independent from politics.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to listen to the president. My favorite story of the day.
Speaker 1: Oh this is this is what you brought in today.
Speaker 2: This is your edition.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, I like that you blame this on me.
Speaker 2: I think you did bring this to me. You said, I think we should cover this.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you didn't bring it to me.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it.
Speaker 6: The Houston Police Department innocently posted a picture praising one of their officers. Lieutenant Martin entered a restaurant in Montrose, grabbed some lunch, walked by a table, and saw a female unable to breathe because she was choking. Everyone's panicking. He performed the Heimlich saved the lady's life. Amazing story, right, mm hm. The comment section went wild. Oh because, oh my word, he is not ugly and he doesn't appear to be wearing a wedding ring, so bring on the calm. One commenter said she would choke on purpose if he walked by as well. These ladies are thirsty. And then the fellow officers come in start making fun of the guy. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: No word from Lieutenant Martin himself.
Speaker 2: Can we see this guy?
Speaker 5: I believe Chile posted him for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a blog page up for him out sea ceature type.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe not. There's something about a badge that does it for some people. I know that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that guy, he should already have his only fans.
Speaker 5: Account running by now making some money, I.
Speaker 2: Think, three police.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Tom Brady because yesterday he admitted he is not perfect.
Speaker 5: I know we all thought he was.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't.
Speaker 6: He was on Logan Paul's podcast, admitted that his infamous twenty twenty four roast that he did a major parenting f up because he hurt his kids.
Speaker 5: I guess they watched the show.
Speaker 6: They talked about it the next morning and they were like, Dad, what was the point of that?
Speaker 5: They hurt him?
Speaker 2: How, Alice, do you know, like Bullpark, how old those kids are now.
Speaker 8: Eight, ten or twelve?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You were like an older one though, No way they watched that then if they were that.
Speaker 5: Young, I was thinking like seventeen, fourteen and maybe.
Speaker 1: Eight, but like maybe one or two of them watched It was vulgar.
Speaker 5: It was rough and they made fun of mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I guess the seventeen year old saw.
Speaker 6: It and all of their friends watched it too. Right about seventeen, his mom like, my.
Speaker 1: Dad's your greatest quarterback of all time. Shut up. That's how you gotta say, k fair.
Speaker 2: But then your mom was fotball banging the jiu jitsu instructor.
Speaker 1: So he said.
Speaker 5: It wasn't his best luck.
Speaker 2: So this is this is like the biggest story for us today.
Speaker 6: It is the music community all wrapping your arms around the lead singer of Three Doors Down. He shared that he has stage four kidney cancer and that led to the band canceling their summer tour, including some of their dates opening for Creed. Everyone just wants to support Brad Arnold.
Speaker 2: You want to hear the You want to hear what he had to say last not his words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the clip.
Speaker 2: From last night. This is I don't want to thank everybody that sent this to me. Here's Brad, Here we go.
Speaker 5: A great day to day. Got's a not so good news for you today.
Speaker 21: And uh so I had been sickle a couple of weeks ago, and then I went.
Speaker 14: To the hospital and got a got checked out and had actually got the diagnosis that I had a cliche Arenal Carson onman that had tested his size into my lum and uh and that's uh, it's stage four and that's.
Speaker 9: Not real good.
Speaker 21: But you know what, we we serve a mighty God and he can over he can ever do it, he can ever come anything. So I have no fear, really sincerely, I'm not scared of it at all. But it is gonna force us to cancel our tour this summer, and uh, we're sorry for that. And I'd love for you to lift me up in prayer you get and uh think it's time for many maybe me go this to my so not my time a little bit right, Thank you gosh so much.
Speaker 6: My friend, stop this week, guy, you can't help it. Your form and everyone just loving on them.
Speaker 2: The comments section, This is awesome, sweet, everybody pouring of love. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's headlines, all right.
Speaker 2: Goodness for the Astros, Yeah, they gotta win.
Speaker 1: Yesterday they blew out the Brewers nine to one.
Speaker 8: They're back at five hundred and eighteen and eighteen on the season right now.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have it off today before opening up the weekend series with the Reds tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: In the NBA playoffs, the Knicks got by the Celtics ninety one to ninety and the Thunder beat the Nuggets one forty nine to one oh six. In soccer Houston, DONAFC gotta win. Last night they beat Phoenix Rising FC four to one in the US Open Cup to advance to the quarterfinals.
Speaker 1: And in the.
Speaker 8: Stanley Cup playoffs, the Maple Leafs held on to beat the Panthers four to three to take a two o lead in that series, and the Stars edged out to Jets three to two.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports Houston.
Speaker 4: Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Mornings Show ninety five.
Speaker 2: The bus through ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's show. It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Uh, yesterday I was trying to set up a bit. Two days ago. I was trying to set up a bit, and I looked over at Mo and I said, did you know that the Red Hot Chili Peppers were from California? Did you know that? You didn't know that? Okay, if you listen to their songs, there seems to be like an underlying theme.
Speaker 5: Now that you say that, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then now that you have heard, now that you are about to hear this, you will never forget where they are from.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have Livonia.
Speaker 3: Do we do?
Speaker 17: I'm from California, California, California.
Speaker 9: Did you know we're from Califonia?
Speaker 1: Dog Boo Booby pta dingle do?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking no one? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh me, oh me, oh my me, oh.
Speaker 2: My, California.
Speaker 18: Did you know that we're from Califonia, Califonia.
Speaker 1: They'll never forget from California ever.
Speaker 2: Forget where the chili rubbers are from. We couldn't find it.
Speaker 5: Alex God is what you finally type in? Alex?
Speaker 1: Every Red Hot Chili members song. We have a search feature that also didn't pop that up.
Speaker 2: So good morning everybody. Listen, everyone's busy around here, busy. Everybody's so busy, busy, busy, busy. Alex, you have a new past the gravy pot out, So that means you recorded yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's fresh, fresh, it's brand new.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 5: What number is it?
Speaker 1: This was six, fifteen, six and fifteen.
Speaker 2: The dudes never missed a week, I know.
Speaker 6: I tried to ask him to go to a day Astros game with me on a Wednesday and he.
Speaker 24: Said absolutely not your gravy days. I said, out, he doesn't mess around with that. Now, next up on Alex's plate will be Saturday. You're gonna be at the home run dugout out on the best side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from eight to ten.
Speaker 8: I had eight pair of Buzzvest tickets to take out last Friday, and it was so crazy, like, hey, here's eight more.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do that again, eight ten.
Speaker 8: Come hang out with me, swing some bats, drink some neutral the presenting sponsor a Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 5: That's Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Saturday night. That sounds like a good time. That's a great place.
Speaker 9: Bring your mom.
Speaker 1: It's like Mother's Day eve.
Speaker 2: It okay. I wasn't really getting the connective tissue on that bring your mom. I'm like, what is that Mother's Day weekend? You're right, I said, everyone's busy.
Speaker 3: MO.
Speaker 2: Can I say that you were there yesterday?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to do that?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, you pre recorded an interview that we are going to get to see today. Tell everybody about it.
Speaker 5: I met with our girl Tessa and all crap about us.
Speaker 6: I can't tell you and Derek Shore to do Houston Life KPRC Channel two.
Speaker 5: It was so sweet of them to have me on.
Speaker 2: Very cool of her to invite you, and I saw her talking about it. I turned the show on from time to time. Yeah, and she did say, oh, we're gonna have to catch up with her, you know, because she's like, you know, I sat in that seat, you know, so I can only imagine. I'd like to see what the cameras were rolling when you guys weren't on TV. I get it. It's TV, right, there's lady, old ladies watching that show. You gotta be nice. You got to say nice things about everybody. It's television. I would have liked to have heard what was going on when the cameras were off.
Speaker 5: Well, it took really good notes.
Speaker 2: How did that go with Tessa?
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've met her before.
Speaker 5: Yes, tons of times we knew each other. It's a small world, Rod, it's not that small.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody.
Speaker 1: I make you.
Speaker 2: I make that very clear. You and I never met.
Speaker 5: It was very weird that I never made And.
Speaker 2: Then when I told, you know, Moe said something in the interviews like, Wow, I'm surprised we haven't met. I've been here ten years. On the radio, I said, I don't milk goats at the media, and she laughed just like that, so real, And I said, I don't milk goats.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I haven't been invited.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I let Dana down the sonny that I would never go against Dana on anything. Okay, she's the best, as she is the absolute best at everything. You're right, So because I don't go to that, I feel like people in the media, that's the one thing that they all meet at and then there's social stuff and they become friends.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're elusive.
Speaker 1: So we had never met before, never, but you had met Tessa.
Speaker 2: Was it a goat milking?
Speaker 6: No, no, you milk goats one time.
Speaker 5: I was a one and done on goat. It's not my thing. Yeah, but I know what you're talking about. Yeah, radio, we love Rodeo.
Speaker 2: It was Teresa there, she milks goats.
Speaker 6: Yes, I love Teresa. She also loves country music, so she'll come to a lot of shows with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so you had met her there?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did Dean and Rodge milk goats.
Speaker 5: I do not know them.
Speaker 2: You don't know who they are.
Speaker 5: I know I'm aware of who they are.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I didn't know me then. I don't know anybody.
Speaker 5: You know me now?
Speaker 2: But I think people feel that I'm some sort of a separatist. I've been here such a long time in the market. I don't have like media pals.
Speaker 5: We know you have an early bedtime, Rod Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so does everyone else or a lot of people do. And I just I'm not out like schmoozing.
Speaker 6: Now I can spread the word and I'm going to take you to goat milking next year.
Speaker 2: All right, So it went well with you?
Speaker 5: And yes, I will be on Houston Life today.
Speaker 6: So kind of them promoting the show and just being great people?
Speaker 2: Are they front load your interview? They or is that like the carrot?
Speaker 1: They dangle the whole show and they make you watch the whole hour.
Speaker 5: We'll see what kind of day part I get.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that's good. I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 5: Wait, let me do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that Rod? Oh you know how Rod is?
Speaker 1: Oh you know Rod.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what you're gonna find out about Rod. Oh, let me tell you a little something about Rod.
Speaker 5: We talked a lot of crap.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, no, don't do this because let me tell you what. Let me tell you how Rod reacts to this. All right, I look forward to watching that. That's at one o'clock today on Channel two. Okay, so lots of stuff for you guys to do. And right now a chance at one thousand dollars, you're gonna get a keyword. We're going to ask you to enter it at the bus dot com shot at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Let's go rock and Alternative The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 11: Show, six am, the Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back, everybody. It's the throwback Thursday, and most should be happy. Social d ring of fire has gone up in the first place with forty five percent of the vote. Rage Against the Machine, Chili thirty five percent of the vote, Republica nineteen.
Speaker 1: Percent of the vote. I gotta say I'm with Chili on this.
Speaker 2: I voted for Rage Against the Machine as well, even though I talked about how much I love that Republica song, But I mean I love the Ring of Fire too. It's a great I mean, I love social d Uh. They're in the lead right now, and you've got about nine minutes to get those remaining votes in. It's still open season for what song is going to be played? At nine thirty.
Speaker 1: You vote on the world famous Roud Ryan showpage at the buzz.
Speaker 2: Dot com and that's where Alex also has this online Kid's.
Speaker 12: Alex Online ninety four five The Muzzy Dude.
Speaker 1: What you got today?
Speaker 8: There else called buggin' you're gonna be I'm seeing how many bugs you can name?
Speaker 1: You can look at it.
Speaker 5: How'd you do?
Speaker 1: I did great?
Speaker 19: Hi?
Speaker 5: Bet you I don't know bugs? Yeah, clearly, I know you are a pest.
Speaker 2: Ooh so you both be bugging.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 8: See you have me showing pictures of bugs, and you're gonna have to answer what they are and if you get a perfect score and you're as smart as I am, so we check it out like.
Speaker 5: A is it like a roly poly?
Speaker 2: Is that a bug? It is a bug? Do you have to call it like by its escurgus or could you just go with the what we the street name of the bug? Like it's a daddy long legs to me, that really spied it of the long feet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's not insects their crustaceans like a lobster.
Speaker 1: Insects there to check it out.
Speaker 8: See how well you can do, how many bugs you can with the webfans shown pages The Buzz dot com Go vote first.
Speaker 2: Show four five The Buzz, Good Morning Rot Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Rank you Benjamin and awaken, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning rod Ryan Show. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Nine twenty six. It's that close. I'm gonna give you guys until nine thirty. I'm gonna give it because I do want to talk about this. I kind of went down this little rabbit hole thing and I thought it was pretty I thought it was pretty funny. Alex is gonna get mad.
Speaker 1: Don't get butt hurt on.
Speaker 5: This, Okay, mad, We are always mad.
Speaker 2: We are the greatest nation in the world.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I always say that.
Speaker 2: I always say that too. I got a couple of American flags tattooed on me.
Speaker 1: Bro the fact that you're Canadian.
Speaker 2: Look bucco, American flags tattooed on me. I love this country. But it doesn't mean that people can't poke a little fun at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't beat as it worse.
Speaker 2: This was foreigners telling a website what they like about Americans. Okay, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 5: I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Some are interesting, some are random. Like one person said, my favorite thing about Americans is how often football fields are used as a unit of measurement.
Speaker 5: That's the best thing about it is that not done everywhere.
Speaker 2: What was interesting to me is that's not everywhere. We are so caught up in ourselves. We just think, now, you do know that.
Speaker 1: We have completely destroyed the English language.
Speaker 2: So some of these things, like they love how Americans say coffee. I don't know what it is about us saying coffee and how they say coffee.
Speaker 5: They say coffee, I don't know, but we say coffee.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just I'm so caught up in what we do. So one person said, I love how Americans make a salad where the primary ingredient is pasta.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Is that uniquely ours pasta? Second?
Speaker 5: I thought, so arms are elite.
Speaker 2: I love how Americans call their dog stuff like Cooper, Tucker, and Tanner.
Speaker 5: It gets me when it's like Rachel, I have no idea what.
Speaker 1: She went on to say.
Speaker 2: I have no I did what any of those names mean.
Speaker 1: But the dogs are cute.
Speaker 5: My dog is Bernard.
Speaker 1: That's it's so good.
Speaker 2: One guy said, I love it when Americans say to me I got you. I feel genuinely reassured.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I think you bust France about World War Two?
Speaker 1: You busted out a dog?
Speaker 2: Or I got you dog? I got you, said, I got you. One person said. One of my favorites is that Americans will often say question before asking a question, another person said. Another person answered, I love it when Americans say period to finish the sentence emphatically, you have to.
Speaker 1: Last one.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of these that are really really like how we decorate for every season, and I guess that's one of us. How Americans in movies just end phone calls without any further explanations. We just I think I think a lot of other countries use pleasantries more than us. So I think it's just like okay, boom, hanging up. One guy said, and you know exactly what he's talking about. I love the way Americans all have a favorite regional gas station. What do you think he's talking about?
Speaker 5: How down's right, very far? Come and take it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny.
Speaker 1: Don't on me.
Speaker 2: Three songs were up for your voting pleasure. Seventeen percent said Republica Ready to Go. You said that was also in clueless.
Speaker 5: I thought so, I reckon, I felt it.
Speaker 2: Thirty four percent of you, almost thirty five percent went with Chile and myself, Rage against the Machine, Renegades of funk. Forty seven percent said they wanted to hear social d Ring of fire one. That's the one that Moe voted for.
Speaker 6: Mogis my day, double wind Today, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is?
Speaker 12: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five.
Speaker 15: The bus, it's a funded thing.
Speaker 16: Then it makes the fire ray ray design.
Speaker 9: I fell into a ray of file.
Speaker 13: Jo rail file down Down Down, shad wars got ray a filet ray of file.
Speaker 2: That tastes the bum is sweets playing hearts like our words bad.
Speaker 25: Find the Boy, blind child.
Speaker 11: Who the fire Wild.
Speaker 25: And farm Layer Jones rail file pointing Down Down Down Blade Blay die s burns bars got ray a file, Got rayo.
Speaker 2: File Black Din up rail file go Way down Down down Sweet spar.
Speaker 15: Dirai of fire Dial.
Speaker 18: That taste.
Speaker 9: Sweet were worse like I wear steaks.
Speaker 13: Spi bois black a child with the fire Wild.
Speaker 16: Rail file, sweart down play start array.
Speaker 2: Of five.
Speaker 26: Ray of file, What watch five ray of file s down down play should fire.
Speaker 2: Sctra of five.
Speaker 25: Ray of file stray of fire.
Speaker 3: Ray file, The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The buzz case Y Elephant eight, No Rest for the Wicked Before that social distortion kidding me that sounded great.
Speaker 1: Mo with a double win today.
Speaker 2: That was the son you wanted to throwback and then you got the You got the dub on Read my lips there, yps.
Speaker 5: It's been a big day. I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket now.
Speaker 2: If you want to see even more of mo Houston life Tessa ever heard of her? You and Tessa in the same room together? I can't tell you how my heart is pounding through my chest. Are sitting around chit chatting KPRC channel two one o'clock today. Your interview will be shown today.
Speaker 1: You and I did an interview thing when yesterday we did record it yesterday.
Speaker 5: I think we're going to try and get it up on YouTube maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bobby Joke said he was going to try to get that up and run it. Bobby Jokes can be seen and heard on the past the Gravy Pod. There's a brand new one up on Links and Guests. I see it right there six the Grand Thursday today, all that stuff on the world famous Rob Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Quickly.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good argument, and I don't know, I might back it up.
Speaker 2: Is May the worst month of the year to.
Speaker 1: Be a parent? What are the facts that are backing this up?
Speaker 2: New pole question my parents said the hardest time of the year for a lot of parents is going on right now. It's the lead up to summer, and I know where this is going even before I read it. It's what am I going to do with my kids all summer?
Speaker 9: I didn't go.
Speaker 2: I went to camp a little bit but I went to what I called camp was kumbaya, a fire making potholders, I mean, you know whatever, you know, playing in the creek, the creek with sticks and rocks. That was a camp.
Speaker 22: I me.
Speaker 2: I did that like once or twice in my life. Believe me.
Speaker 1: It was free.
Speaker 2: My parents didn't pay for it. We were underprivileged, so whatever we got from the county, we went to camps. No, it's lining up things for your kid to do all year, gymnastics, one week aeriels, my kid's going to be hanging from silks from the ceiling. Okay, I'm thinking, I mean, I'm What happens is if you don't get in there soon, there is such a mad scramble for camps. They close out and they sell out.
Speaker 1: That's why I've been wanting to open my own camp.
Speaker 2: Okay, just here we go.
Speaker 8: You just charge like an insane amount of money and people will pay it. Yes, he take care of the kids and like Alex's Gamble camp, Like I'll teach your kids how to watch games and gamble, watch sports all.
Speaker 2: Day and gamble Okay yeah yeah, and he ran a couple hundred bucks a day. I see where you're going up.
Speaker 1: We can bet on whatever is going on.
Speaker 2: The thing is they need to drop off so that the parents can get to work.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I Heeart Houston to.
Speaker 5: Watch him down the hall.
Speaker 2: He's a dad.
Speaker 1: Take him at ten, So who's and then Chili's handling drop off?
Speaker 2: Like he's gonna go down there and.
Speaker 8: Get all the kids so I can put a couple of them in and the chili bowl with it right there and they can like they'll learn radio and then we learn to gamble after we get off here, how.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get the kids up to floor seven? Okay?
Speaker 1: With our feet?
Speaker 2: According to this poll, and it's the most out of any other time of the year, this is the worst month of the year to be a parent, and it is it's the end of the school.
Speaker 6: Year, presence for teachers, water day, there's themes. You have to go in at nine am for the end of the year program.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I have a job to pick my kid up from school and you know, two thirty two forty rolls around and to see the disgust in her face looking at me. Daddy, it was pajama day today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: The month.
Speaker 2: I can't keep up with the apps. There's apps, there's all kinds of stuff, and then there's this pta that is just insane to me. They're great, I mean insane in.
Speaker 1: The best way.
Speaker 5: Thank you for everything you do.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the plans that you have to make. I think there's a pretty good argument that the time of year that might be the most stressful is maybe right now. There's no time and then you're worried. Yeah, the stress about summer. He loove summer too, love it, love it. Bringing my kid here in the morning, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are no parlay?
Speaker 2: You think she's gonna sit in the corner in color No, No, that doesn't happen either, It doesn't happen. Hey, No, the show is coming up. I got three eleven bad Flower tickets. That show is Friday night, seven one three Music Hall. There are a handful of tickets remaining for that show. We'll give you a pair. Most gonna work on a question and she'll have it for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Okay, three eleven bad Flower tickets. You gotta be down to party. I keep saying Friday night, like it's not tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: The show is going down at the seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: L La La La La La La La la la Mo No the show.
Speaker 2: What's your question today?
Speaker 4: Rod?
Speaker 6: According to a new poll I sent you this morning, you said, what do women say? Is the second most attractive feature in a man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're running with this one yeah, seven one three two one two five four five. If you know the show ninety four five, The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, It's the Buthole Surfers and Pepper. Rob Ryan Show, getting ready to wrap things up on a throwback Thursday. Thank you so much for spending some time with us. Let's just get right into it now.
Speaker 12: Time for know this show on ninety four five The La La.
Speaker 3: La la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: La la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm on the other side here there you are high? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Ashley with a E y though, this is an e y Ashley.
Speaker 2: What's the spelling a s h l u y h l e y Yeah, Hi Ashley with an E y here, Hi Ashley, welcome to know the show. Good luck to you.
Speaker 22: This is Mo.
Speaker 2: She's got a question for you.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, it's up, sister.
Speaker 6: According to a new pole, what do women find to be the second most attractive feature in a man?
Speaker 2: What's number two? Ashley?
Speaker 23: I thought it was spacial hair, but I think it's their body.
Speaker 1: No, it's.
Speaker 2: Neither one of those, Ashley, Ashly with Eyle you swing and a miss.
Speaker 5: She gave us like four answers, she did, and none of them are correct.
Speaker 2: She gave us the top five everything that we the one that we need wasn't in there.
Speaker 1: Hannah, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi Hannah, welcome to know the show. This is most She's got a question for you.
Speaker 5: We don't have a winner yet, mama.
Speaker 6: According to a new poll, what do women find to be the second most attractive feature in a man?
Speaker 5: Rod's favorite feature a bald head?
Speaker 15: Hannah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, Hannah, listen, I know you know who you're on the phone with. You're not gonna hurt my feelings.
Speaker 1: A full head of hair is.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I sent you the story this morning. A full head of hair is never going to beat out a bald head. Am I correct in that Hannah, it's okay, no wrong answers.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 11: My man has partial baldness, losing his hair and I love him either way.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get on and we're like, hey, bro, just give into it and just lean into it and shave it. Is he getting to that point or he still has enough hair where he can kind of get by.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's got enough where he can get by.
Speaker 9: But he's mentioned shaving his head.
Speaker 11: He's military veterans, so he's used to having a bald.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can pull it off, all right, he probably. He keeps it pretty high and tight to begin with. Oh yeah, okay, Hannah, you win know the show today? What are you giving her?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Para tickets to see three eleven and Bad Flower tomorrow night. Send one three Music Hall tickets still available if you're not as lucky as Hannah ticketmaster dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, Hannah, congratulations, Tell your hubby he looks very handsome. Nice and tell him thank you for a service. Okay, all right, Hannah, I have a great time at that show. All right? There are like you said, there are still some tickets remaining for three eleven. Did Steve the bread Man win this morning?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: He did, right, he's one went away from the Hall of Fame. We played this little silly game in the morning. It's called the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Ooh, when you do that, it's awesome. It's awesome. Why because tomorrow is my last day where I'm on the hook for questions.
Speaker 1: A new era, a new era of the.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show, which has.
Speaker 1: Been all weak.
Speaker 2: Yes, I didn't want to get I didn't want to like pile everything on you in the first week. Starting Monday, you're responsible for the questions.
Speaker 5: Can you just sleep in?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I love to sleep in.
Speaker 2: I love that for me. Steve the bread Man, You're getting my questions tomorrow and then that's it. You bring on the complaints with the questions. I love it. I'm telling you, it's a whole nother world that's gonna happen to you right now. It says here Julie not a man was the fun fact winner today. Not a dude, Bless your heart, it's not a dude, Julie. I mean she's not a man.
Speaker 1: Sometimes nothing about but her name on.
Speaker 2: The show is not a dude.
Speaker 1: Julie not a man.
Speaker 5: I was like, wait, why does she call herself that?
Speaker 2: We call her that why because she's not a man, but she's not a dude either.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: We'll play. We have to play the gender bender game very soon. Kenneth Senior and Junior. That was a really fun tag team with Dad and son the Texas Hammer Risk it for the Biscuit today they won five hundred dollars. We've got one more risk it for the Biscuit tomorrow we will at seven twenty. Also, it's free beer Friday. We'll have beer for you each and every hour straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine. All the stuff we gave away, including the three day weekend passes to ACL, we will have all of that for you sprinkled in throughout the show, and then the last hour of the show will be all you. It's open phones Friday. Number one link today was sixta gram Thursday. We did do really good on the voting. Thank you very much for that. Alex has a brand new passed the Gravy podcast up. So that's up on links and guests and wherever you get podcasts and YouTube. You have it all over the place. Oh you have your YouTube toobe okay, and then Moe is going to be on Houston Life Today, like something's never changed. We're wrapping up the show. We're sending people over to Houston Life, but you're You're on today, but just the one time. Like they didn't ask you to like work every day.
Speaker 6: Well, they asked like if I was available, and you said absolutely not.
Speaker 1: That's the right answer.
Speaker 2: I don't mind doing a one off. So Channel two, I can't wait to see you on there. I'm sure you did a great job. It will be weird for me to see you and Tessa talking to one.
Speaker 1: Another about you.
Speaker 2: If it was a podcast, i'd be worried.
Speaker 5: It's TV.
Speaker 2: It's all. Let's just smile now. Can you believe we were both on the Rod Ryan Show? That was that said? Please tell me what was said? Can you believe we were both on that show?
Speaker 5: Maybe? I'm like, maybe it was actually.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Noon Your pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour, and he's ten minutes away from getting back into alternative income. Your chance to add a thousand dollars keyword will be given to you and then you got to go enter it at the buzz dot com. That's it all. Right, Thank you Chili with the bald head and the beard. I mean, he's checking every box on that sexy list.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: I got it good in the morning. I got a good looking at you three.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow after a twenty hour break. Am F. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.