Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the host of Home on KFI, the house whisper of Dean Sharp. So Dean the International Builders Show in Las Vegas. I was saying earlier that it is to home builders kind of like what CEES is to tech people.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely the world's largest home building and design show on the planet and happens every year in Vegas a few times on the East Coast, but this year it just wrapped up yesterday and a huge, huge show. This year. It now has grown to fill the entire Las Vegas Convention Center, a million square feet of exhibit space, two thousand exhibitors, over one hundred thousand, well over one hundred thousand people in attendance, big big show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So answer me this, because I love going to like home and garden shows, like home improvement shows, that kind of stuff. Is this International Builders Show for things that are available now? Or is it kind of like THEES where it's you know, saying this is this is coming.
Speaker 2: It's a mixture of both. It's mostly about things that are available now, but there are also exhibitors there who are showing things that are coming out later this year, next year. Usually it's not too far reaching into the future, because you know, it's a builders show, very practical. It has everything to do with what's available and what's happening now. But a lot of cutting edge stuff out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's just go over a couple of them, and then you're going to be talking about this this weekend on your show.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, both day, Saturday and Sunday. We've got so many things to talk about. I tell you right off the top on the notes that I sent you that I was so impressed with Clopay. Clo Pay is a very, very big garage door company, and there have been some innovations in garage doors over the last few years. Clopey has introduced what they call their vertice stack garage door. It's a sectional garage door that everybody's used to, except this garage door. These sections. As it opens, they separate from each other and stack up like a deck of cards right above the garage door header on the inside of the garage door, which means there are no bent rails traveling across the ceiling of the garage. The door does not end up covering the ceiling of the garage, which means that the ceiling of the garage is free and clear for storage, racking, for whatever else is going on. This is a garage door that stays on the front wall of the garage.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're looking for this is my visual for you. If you're trying to figure out what that exactly looks like, it's like vertical blinds.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. If you draw the blinds up, they just stay right there in the balance up above the window, as opposed to traveling, which is what most sectional garage doors do now on rails across the ceiling. So yes, that's a great, great analysis, super cool. Okay, give me one more, one more Mason Night is you know what I'm gonna move this one? Door Saver three doors three Okay. Door Saver is a company that has been making door stops, and you know, not everything that is new and amazing at the builder show costs, you know, thousands of dollars. This is a product that retails for about eight dollars. But Doorstaver has designed a hinge pin for door hinges that has built into it a fully adjustable door stop in the hinge pin, so you no longer do you have to have doors slamming against the wall. Doorknobs slamming into drywall, or have that you know, long springy thing down at the base sticking out of the baseboard that gets kicked or it gets caught on with with feet or vacuums. No longer do you have to have any kind of those bumpers. The door stop itself, fully adjustable to whatever angle you want the door to open, is just in the hinge pin.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. So you've got they got big, big developments.
Speaker 2: And little developments, everything from the big to the smallest.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're gonna be talking about this on Home. You can listen to Home with Dean Sharp right here on KFI six to eight am tomorrow morning Saturday and nine to noon on Sunday. And it's all about the International Builders Show. That's it, all right, thank you, Dean Sharp.