Speaker 1: It is Coachella Valley's best bet.
Speaker 2: All right, So does this year feel different than the ones in the past. Yeap, yes, not even close. Here's why. First, and we said this, at least I did at the start of the season. I don't care if they went one hundred games. I don't care if they won one hundred and twenty five games. I don't care if they win eighty nine games. None of that matters to me. The only thing that matters really is how they're going to do in the playoffs. So first you got to get there. Got to get there. Yeah, and then we'll see how you perform. At the beginning of this season, when you looked at them on paper, you thought they could win one hundred and ten games. I did, before all the pitching went south, before the Mookie injury. When you looked at the lineup, you thought this is a team that is going to smoke almost everybody. And we said that early in the year, Rodney, Remember when they were losing and we sat around and said, well everybody, they thought they'd smoke everybody's that's not really the way this works.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it's been more of a struggle. I think it's been more of a battle. I think there have been moments not from the team or actually from you or I, but if we're to be honest from the fan base of doubt, yeah, I think it certainly has been far more difficult than anyone imagined it would be. So I think, yes, this year is very different. But let me say this, I think it's probably the best thing that could have.
Speaker 4: Happened to him.
Speaker 1: You do, yeah, yeah, we've seen what aspect what aspect of that is the best thing that happened to it, because you can look at this in several different ways. They had injuries, they you know, they they've struggled at times. Are you saying that they that they had to fight to the end? Is different and what makes it I think a little bit better for them this year going into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: We listen, we've seen the movie where they blow everybody out. Yeah, and we know how that movie in the games, and they go into the playoffs, they got to buy. They you know, they they win a division in what late August or early September, their cruising guys are resting and then they got to buy and other teams are playing and then they show up and it takes them three games to get going, and next thing you know, they're down.
Speaker 4: Oh three, right, they're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're basically done this year because of what they've been through and the adversity and the injuries, and to be completely honest, not knowing what was going to happen next. I mean, we still don't know about the pitching staff. All of a sudden, Walker Bueler looks good last night and you're thinking, oh, Mike, where did that come from? How did that happen at that precise moment, So you really don't know. I think all of those factors contribute to them having to be more aggressive, more intense, because they've had to be more aggress have been more intense. The other night when they lost to San Diego on the triple play, that was a moment in time right there where they could have folded up ten. That was a moment if you look at that as it would have happened perhaps in the playoffs against the Padres. If that happens to them in the playoffs, are done, because that's what we've seen done. Yeah, right, it's over. We've seen that. We know what happens when they get down there. But this year they came back this year. They persevered, net Coletti always says, and it was true in the Padres series and even in the game they lost in the triple play. Where the Dodgers are going to get you is the late innings, because they're going to grind you and grind you and grind you you, and then they'll get you. Well, the problem in parts of this season has been before you get to the late innings, they're down five runs because of the pitching. Right, That's what that's right been the problem. You can't even get to the late innings because you're done by so much. Now you're just trying to get back up to the surface of the.
Speaker 1: Water exactly exactly. I mean, if you look and we know this, we've said this. With this firepower that they had, and let's be honest, you cannot win in this in this league, this era. I don't care if you've got ten Otani's on your team. You cannot win if you don't have good quality pitching. And you said it. Oftentimes they get to the late innings, the sixth, seventh, eighth inning, and they're down five runs, they're down six runs, and all you ask and all I'm sure those guys asking the clubhouse is like, keep us close, keep us in striking distance. If you keep us in striking distance, I believe they're the best team in baseball.
Speaker 4: Game.
Speaker 1: If the game is close, I put my money on the Dodgers against anybody. It is those problems when they get you know, someone gets five runs in the third or you know, they get four runs in the second inning, and all of a sudden, they're playing catch up the whole.
Speaker 4: Game because your mentality changes.
Speaker 1: Whole mentality changes, And I know if you're sitting in that clubhouse, you go, we're only one rundown or two runs down. All it takes is in one home run, we're back in this thing. Like it did last night with Will Smith. Somebody get on base and somebody pick him up, and then it becomes contagious. And so that's the thing that can't happen in the postseason. You know, you're not saying you gotta throw shutouts, but you can't let the game get out of hand, especially out of hand early.
Speaker 2: Keep us in the game, that's all we're asking. Just keep us in it, give us a shot. And the problem is when you're starting pitching, your so banged up and guys are going four innings. Oftentimes you don't get that shot, but they did the last two nights, and you saw the result of that. I don't think And it's funny because people have speculated on this from the beginning, and I don't think you have. I know I haven't, and I don't think you have. Well, how will o'tani perform on the big stage. How is he going to react in the biggest moments of his life? That guy is the greatest player of all time. He's going to react just fine. Well, is he going to be ready for the moment. He's going to be ready for the moment. And we saw that in those games against the Padres because after the triple play game, and remember he was on deck in that game. But after that triple play game where everything could have gone south, who stepped up and suddenly who had that enormous burst of energy and adrenaline an enthusiasm. It was him. It was him when he was running, it was him when he was on the bench. All of a sudden, he was made for the moment. That's who he is. He's made for the moment. I really thought after that remains to be seen. We haven't seen him in the moment.
Speaker 4: I think he's made for the moment.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen it. I hope he's made it. I hope he's made for the moment. We haven't seen it yet, he's made. What I will say is that he's feeling it because we haven't seen him with that type of emotion all season long, the way we've seen him in the last two weeks, uh, and especially this series against the Padres, where he's pumping his fist, he's looking at the dugout, yelling back at the dugout. We haven't seen that from Otani. He's usually reserved and quiet and mild mannered and all that. And now he's bat flipping and pumping his fists as he's running the first base after a home run, and and on the base path he's hitting the double, he's jumping up and doing the dance to the dugout and the and the and the bullpen. And that becomes contagious because if you notice when your guy, your superstar, does that, it becomes contagious. Mess Will Smith last night after he hit the home run, You know, we don't see that kind of emotion out of him he's he's a Clark Kent kind of mild manner guy too, doesn't show a whole lot of emotion.
Speaker 4: But he hit that home run and he chucked that bat.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna go on the other team's dugout the way he flipped that bat and then and then the fist pump around the bases, Mookie Betts, you know, after he got the hit that that put him ahead. It's just it's just everybody's feeding off everybody. But I think even more so, they're feeding off of the excitement that o'tani is feeling for the first time. He's gonna get a chance to play on the big stage and in the postseason. Now he has to deliver, and there's gonna be, you know, more pressure on him than he's ever felt before. And he's gonna have to deliver. Don't smirk for it, because he is. It's gonna be more pressure on him than it ever was.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, you know I did that. I'll tell you why. I think you're right. But I think he's immune to it. I think he's immune to the pressure. I think he's going to be just fine. I swear to God, I do. I think he is immune. I don't think it's going to affect him one bit. And as you were saying that, Rodney, another thing that was running through my mind. He only came to the Dodgers. Well, he came because it's a great organization at Southern California. He came for one reason. That reason was confirmed last night. He's in the postseason. Yeah, after all those years with the Angels, he wanted one thing, give me a shot, give me a shot to win this thing. And in his first year with the Dodgers, he's got that shot. I think that for him is just the beginning now, and that's why I think he will be immune to the pressure. This is all he wanted, get me into tournament.
Speaker 1: Sometimes all you want, you want it too bad sometimes and then you overdo it and then you overtry because you want something so bad. I'm not saying that's gonna happen, but it does happen. Where you waited your whole life for an opportunity and it gets there and you start to press a little bit, you try to do something different than you've done all season long. And I'm sure he's got the right people in his ear, you know, especially a guy like Dave Roberts is just don't change anything.
Speaker 4: Do what you've been doing.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes guys get in big moments and they change the routine or they got it, they feel like they have to change it, and he shouldn't have to change it at all. And the good news for him, I think, which is gonna be really good and because well we hope Freddy's gonna be all right, we'll touch on that in a minute, it is that he's got a team around him like he's not had before either. And you know, yes, he had Mike Trout down in Anaheim, but aside from that, he really didn't have a line like he's had with the Dodgers. Where Will Smith can be and get the big hit, big home runn in the game, Ookie right behind him, Freddie right behind him, Max Muntsey can come up with bit. Gavin Lux who's been on fire, can come up with the big ag, Taoscar Hernandez who's been on fire this whole season. He's got a squad behind him, so it's not going to call and fall on him, and he can go oh to three. He can go oh for three in a ballgame, Fred and come up that fourth time, or or at least field during the course of that game. That is not all on my shoulders. I got other guys. And so if he does go oh for three and he comes up that fourth time, it's like, Okay, now's my time. I can deliver this time. And so that to me, I agree with you that I think he's gonna thrive because it's not all gonna be about him. A team can't look at the dog and go if we just stop Otani, then we beat him. That's not the case because several guys can beat you on this team, and guys are getting there at the right time.
Speaker 4: So it'll be fun, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: But going back to what he started with, they gotta stay in a striking distance because I don't care what inning, and then if they're one to two runs away, they're dangerous.
Speaker 4: So I'll give you this. I know Tani.
Speaker 2: I will give you this. He's made for the moment. I think he's immune to the pressure. I think in his first at bat in the playoffs, he'll have either hit a home run or cork strew himself into the ground. He'll swing so hard. I will give you that. I think in his first at bat He's either gonna hit the ball five hundred feet or they're gonna have to unscrew him because he's gonna swing so hard he'll be stuck in the ground. Then he'll be fine. I do think that will happen. I think he is waited for this every moment he's played in the major leagues, and now he has that moment. Freddie Freeman, let's touch on that. You know, Listen, Dave Roberts loves his guys. Loves his guys. Somebody gets hurt, Dave will get out there. When Freddie Freeman went down, I thought Dave Roberts was running one hundred meters dash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: He was running like he was running for the Boston Red Sox when he stole second base when they won the title back then. He Yeah, he sprinted to first base to check on Freddy. And watching that thing, it was awkward to begin with the way he went into first play first base trying to sidestep it, and then the rolling of the ankle. I was actually please because initially I didn't see the rolling of the ankle. I thought he did. Rodney, Yeah, I thought he had his knee popped out or his knee. It was something going on with his knee, and that would have been capastrophic. But when he rolled his ankle, it's like, Okay, they're gonna win the division. They're gonna have time off. He doesn't go to Colorado at all. He just rehabbed. Then you have another week. He'll be fine. He'll be fine. He'll be in a probably in a boot crutches for the next week and a half and then they'll rehab it. It'll be okay. But I was like, I was like, Dave Roberts, wait, wait, what what? No, No, Freddy, and but hopefully he's he's gonna be okay. But the fact that they didn't win and get the buy that's big.
Speaker 4: No, that is big.
Speaker 2: And I think because they've had to fight so hard this year just to be where they're at. I mean, the Padres are the hottest team in baseball since see All Star Break, and we all know the Dodgers have not been the hottest team.
Speaker 1: So nobody wants to see the Padres in the playoffs. I'm gonna tell you that right now. I know, I know, nobody I know. But the thing is, the thing is given on hard. They've had to fight this year, there's really been no downtime for them. So even though they get the buye in that week and you remember last year they tried something different obviously didn't work, but uh, in that week, you know, Freddie will rehab, they'll work out. But I just think because they had work so hard this year, that buye is not gonna be as much of a problem as it's been in the past.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I think that they they got because I think deep down, even though you're in it and you believe it, you gotta work hard and you got every everybody gets paid and they're professionals on the other side, and they're good players out there on on every team, you still feel like, we gotta gotta we got a monster of a team. We're gonna blow people out this year. We're gonna run away with this thing. You feel that it just subconsciously you can't help it. And then when that doesn't happen and teams are beating you and you're struggling, and you're you gotta fight to win series. Not only just gets good teams, but against mediocre teams, you they're they're battling you. In a series, you do get a wake up call, going, Okay, it's not gonna be easy.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be easy.
Speaker 1: Because if they would to cruised through like everybody thought they were gonna do it, I just probably would have went to Vegas and say, Dodger just don't win it, because cruising through with adding O'tani in the lineup, in Yamamoto and all the things that they had, if they cruised through this season, it'd be like, it's too easy, and it's not gonna be that easy in the postseason. And you're right, the fact that they had to earn it, the fact that they had to fight, is only gonna be a good thing for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Make sure to tune into Spotlight on Blue every Friday with Roden and myself, presented by Spotlight twenty nine Casino, Eric Dickerson's favorite spot in the Coachella Vlley, So I got Spotlight twenty nine dot com for the best entertainment or sign up for twenty nine rewards where you play or in points and spend them however you prefer. You'll see why Spotlight twenty nine Casino is Coachella's best bet.
Speaker 1: Take me the spot where the game means in full swing. Head to Coello where game shows with slots and more. Spotlight twenty nine loves the blue from first pitch to the final house.
Speaker 2: So come to Spotlight twenty nine A show don't move.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is a Friday, and you know what happens on Friday.
Speaker 4: We absolutely positively no, we don't. We don't care, Freddy, Let's.
Speaker 2: Go all right, Uh, let's talk about by the way, if you want to start dialing in if you were there last Now do you want to talk about what this division means?
Speaker 4: And what does it mean? It means.
Speaker 2: For eleven times and twelve years their division champs. But are you to a point where you're saying, okay, that's great, but now we need to see more A six six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy. Uh you let us know and uh we'll put that in a bit. Let's get to Dave Roberts. And I watched him last night. I watched him after the game on the field, I saw him in the clubhouse afterwards. He's start to remind me a little bit of assorta. He's got a little Losorta in him. Now, what way are you talking about? And I'm talking about in a good way. I'm talking about in a good way, his enthusiasm, his honesty, that he can always carry himself a certain way, and the majority of those times is pretty positive. And when I saw him celebrate last night Rodney, I thought that was genuine. That was genuine. That was a show that was not an act. And when they had won the World Series and he came on the show and I asked him a question, we are more excited or relieved? And I'll never forget his answer, He goes, I was relieved we'd won the World Series, And last night when I was watching him, I got the same sense.
Speaker 4: He was relieved.
Speaker 2: We took care of what we had to take in a year where quite frankly, we shouldn't have. I thought he was relieved last and he'll never get the credit for that. He'll never get the credit.
Speaker 1: People don't really won't understand because Otani's such a bigger than life story and player that it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter, Fred that you had all these injuries. It doesn't matter. And it's not injuries. We're not talking injuries to the left fielder or injuries to position players where you know you can bring guys up and they can play for a month or two. We're talking to injuries to you were pitching staff that you counted on. You know, it's not like positioned players. But it doesn't matter to people when they look at it. And what I love about him is that he has never wavered and he believes in his club and he will never throw anybody under the bus. And you could tell, and you talk to anybody that's that plays for him, now, who ever played for him, Go back and talk to Corey Seeger.
Speaker 4: And and and and.
Speaker 1: Justin Turner and whoever Corey, Cody Belly, all those guys that play, they all love him. They all love him because he's a stand up guy. He's a straight shooter. He's gonna he's gonna love you. He's gonna tough love you too. And I saw the same thing. And yes, that World Series, he was definitely relieved, and I I think I think this one was a little bit less relieved than joy. To me, I think he felt like, now it's time to go to work. Now I'm excited about this. We got this behind us. Now it's time to go to work. And I much like Tommy when you mentioned Tommy, much like Tommy no matter what people say, they're not gonna get under his skin. You know, people could try to rask Tommy, try to get under his skin. He's gonna getch you back with a joke, or he's gonna hit you back with a clever line. Now he doesn't have to the comedic elements as Tom of Lesorda, but he's got that thick skin where he's not gonna let he's not gonna let anybody get to him. And it is gonna be what is gonna be, and he's gonna keep smiling, keep doing things the way he's done it. So I mean best winning percentage obviously in baseball, and yes, only one World Series, and that's not good enough for Dodger fans. If he was in any other city, any other ball club, maybe other than New York, it would be a tremendous feat and people would be celebrating him left and right. He'd have billboards everywhere. But the Dodgers, the standard is to win it all and that's where it has to be. And that's good because they're in a position to win it all every single year, which is why guys want to come here, and which is why Otani's here.
Speaker 2: You know, if you think about it and you look at the season in its totality, as you as a fan do, and we talk about every day, you know, your emotions are up and down. They stay right in the middle. Don't get too high, don't get too low. You know, Walker Bueler pitched well last night, but Walker Buler had not been pitching well. And we go back to when Gavin Lux was not hitting, and David Vasse said before the trade deadline, who would even want him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, couldn't even move them. But they're trying to give them away. Remember he's dead. They're trying to give him away.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: The thing that they do really well, and Dave Roberts has said it to us in the past, and Andrew Freeman has said it to us in the past, And I don't know who else in life functions this way. They just have incredible patience. Patience where you or I agonize, oh god, they lost in Cincinnati last night, or somebody made an error, or Lux has been zero for eight in the last two games. They're very, very patient because they believe, and I've talked about this in the past, they know somebody's ceiling. If they think you've hit your ceiling. They move you no matter what they thought of you, no matter what kind of prospect you were supposed to be. They have a system, they use analytics. They decide when you've hit the ceiling. Sometimes they miss, but not very often. And in doing that, they will sit with guys they believe in sit with them. Let's be honest, do you really think Walker Bueller, after the way he came back would be out there pitching in that game last night if they had anybody else. No, you don't, because you didn't know what you'd get. But they were patient and they sat with him and he looked very good last night. That's a function of patience. That's what they do so well I do. And so, by the way, Dave Roberts has done another great job. Now, granted next week you'll call and say fire him because it's Monday. That's fine, but he has done a great job in a really difficult year. And oftentimes when you have that much talent, it's overlooked. He won't be a Manager of the Year. He won't, but he should be because that's the kind of job he did. One other thing I noticed on the television broadcast last night, and I can't remember a time, because I've been in that locker room so many times when they won, I've never seen as many guys with their shirts off.
Speaker 4: That's a thing, now, that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Kershaw started that back in the day, and now every year more and more guys take their shirts off. It was a Kershall thing. He did it a few years ago, and before there was a lot of comments about it. But then, you know, it became you know, let's just you know, let's face it. You know, baseball guys don't have the same bodies as basketball or football skill guys.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Baseball often is looked upon as a lot of guys have dad bodies, right, right. But Kershaw took his shirt up, and I think that that made a big splash a few years ago, and so that became a thing, and now everybody's doing it. A lot of guys are doing it, you know and popping that champagne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of guys at their shirt off. Last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's go. Ronnie and Corona. Appreciate you holding Ronnie. Come on the show. Were you there last night?
Speaker 5: No, guys, I was there on Wednesday night and it was actually a really good atmosphere to see the fans out there supporting the Dodgers. Obviously, it was a very nervous series for myself and I'm sure a lot of other fans. Knowing that we're the number one seed. What do you guys think about us? Because we're probably gonna end up playing the Padres again. I almost want to say, like it'd be better for us to be that number two seed where we'd either have to face the Mets or the Brewers. Because the Padres, I mean, they're on fire.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it, but they look pretty good. These last couple of games.
Speaker 4: We clutched up.
Speaker 5: We looked good, but they're they're a little you know, I gotta admit, all.
Speaker 2: Right, appreciate the call. Uh, Yeah, you don't want to play the Padres. You're right, But didn't the Dodgers just take two or three from them? Yeah you don't want to play them? I agree, But now, when you get into the playoffs, you play who you play to be the best. You gotta beat the best. If they're there, they gotta beat them. I think by taking two of three, especially after what happened in that first game, psychologically, they've delivered a message Now does it last?
Speaker 4: Does it stick? Maybe not?
Speaker 2: But I know the Dodgers probably if they play them, we're gonna have a little pep in their step now, little pep in their step because of what just happened. So I know people are saying, don't play the Padres. They just beat the Padres two of three games. So who was that more important for the Dodgers beating them or the Padres losing?
Speaker 4: Right? Who had to have it more?
Speaker 1: And it was the Padres had to have it more, you know they, I mean, both teams wanted to win the division, but the Padres, where the ones had their backs against the wall, were losing. They were behind the Dodgers, so they needed to sweep this series at least win it in order to go win the division. Yes, they're hot team, but the Dodgers, as you mentioned for it, took two out of three in a series where the Padres had a chance, had a chance to really to win the division. And keep in mind, the Dodgers are not locked in yet as the number one seed. They're not locked in yet. All right, let's go to Sritos. Robert, appreciate you holding. Were you there last night?
Speaker 6: Oh? I'm talking about Dodger pitching in general. Right, you know, speaking of patients, they have a reputation of fixing pictures, but lately they seemed to just break them. And then another point would be, happily they signed a broken pitcher and now we're seeing one of the most exciting offensive seasons they've seen in a long time. And my third point would be, uh, the broken pitching staff could probably use that deviant and the woman beater.
Speaker 2: All right, Robert, thanks for calling Roberts Hall broken up. The whole pitching staff has broken up.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing. They know.
Speaker 2: There's something wrong. You're not sharing something they don't already know, and they've commented on that, and they've got to figure out why so many of their guys have suffered these arm injuries. So that's acknowledged. It's on the table. They know it. There's a problem, and they're going to figure that out. But all that being said, at this point in time, that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. You gotta go with what you got, and what you got was good enough to get you here. So let's look at the pitching. Yamamoto's last out, and he looked bad. Dylan Hernandez told us yesterday he was sick, right, So is that an aberration or will he look the way he did the first two times out when he came back right. Flaherty is a guy that's gritty and determined and he's going to keep you in the game. And at this point that's all you can ask. There is no ace, there is no one going out there to mow people down. You just want to be in the game. Walker Butler last night, that could not have been more critical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he pitched last night. He pitched. He really did.
Speaker 1: He pitched last night instead of just being a thrower. And and he has talked about it. We have talked about it, Dave Roberts, everybody's talked about you know, he's got to learn to pitch a little bit differently and become a pitcher and not a thrower. Because guys can catch up to the fastball, guys can hit the fastball. It's about hitting your spots. And he he did that.
Speaker 4: Last night with confidence.
Speaker 1: It was it was like watching the old Walker Buhler, to see his animation on the hill, him yelling at the umpire, yelling after a strikeout, pumping his fists. You know, if you thank God, he wasn't Mike because he used every profanity in the but he was pumped up, and it felt like it was the old Walker Buler.
Speaker 4: Because of his animation and the way he was fired up.
Speaker 2: Three weeks ago, by the way, I didn't. I'm sure you didn't. You didn't think he'd pitched like that last night three weeks ago, No way, no, three weeks ago you were trying to figure out what to do with him on the playoff roster. Where could you hide him and maybe he could come in for an inning, and then he turned into that last night. Let's go to Honolulu. Our friend Angela has not checked in for a while, and she is holding now Angela.
Speaker 4: Aloha.
Speaker 7: Aloha, Fred, fight on, Rodney, fight on. I saw your boy and them celebrations over there, getting in his photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was getting in him. Yes, he was got a little champagne all over him too.
Speaker 7: I bet he was happy. Yes, Hey, Fred, you know your issue with the shirts.
Speaker 3: Who wants to walk around.
Speaker 7: In a soaked Budweiser shirt or a soaked Champagne shirt. That's nasty, Fred.
Speaker 4: I understand you.
Speaker 7: Don't wear a shirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, No, Angela's not a good look, it's not let me Angela, angel for short haircut? What fred Angela? You'd like, Angela? You liked seeing them of their shirts off, didn't you?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't. I've had my share, your share. I'm done with that, your share.
Speaker 3: I'm sixty two. I'm done.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what, just got a little you still got a little, little, little little heat in the oven. Angela, you're fine, You're sixty two.
Speaker 4: You're not done.
Speaker 7: Oh you know the carpeting match in the drapes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Angela, Oh, Angela, we need.
Speaker 7: Angelus Rodney Rodney.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you ever see if you ever see Marcus.
Speaker 7: Allen, do you ever talk to him? You tell him that he still owes me five bucks with interest from nineteen what was it eighty one?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, nineteen seventy eight, No, no, nineteen eighty one. He was in the because he was in the elevator with me at Residence West, at Residence West at USC and I was going and he was going to visit the Browner brothers, Joey and Keith Browner.
Speaker 4: What you say?
Speaker 3: And he said, you got five bucks I could borrow?
Speaker 7: Oh, you know, I could.
Speaker 3: Kick out five bucks for brothers you know what I'm saying, I never got it back, Rodney.
Speaker 4: You never got it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna mention that to him because I'm thinking nineteen eighty one with interest. That's that's a that's a pretty pinny now, Angela, Yeah, a few thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, Angela, Jesus, how is the weather today in Hawaii?
Speaker 6: Well, let's see there's a little bit clouds.
Speaker 7: That's nice, Fred you know that?
Speaker 4: All right? Okay, Angela?
Speaker 7: Am I saying about this Dodgers?
Speaker 3: We need to stop.
Speaker 7: They need to stop celebrating when just because they win the thing. We've seen that before, we've seen it. Stop celebrating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Angela, I used to say that.
Speaker 1: He's all happy.
Speaker 4: Angela. What you know?
Speaker 1: I used to say that too as a as a football guy. We don't celebrate after every playoff win and things like that. But it is a ritual in baseball, not only the Dodge. Every team does it. They do it after everything every series.
Speaker 7: Dave Roberts is just looking a little too happy, you know, like he really did something.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, all right, Angela, we gotta go, all right, goodbye, Angela, goodbye, There goes Angela in Hawaii. What did Angela say she's had her share?
Speaker 4: She's had her share you've been doing She's just sitting there and done it all. She's had her share. She's fine, Yes, she's good, all right.
Speaker 2: David joins us from Denver, coming up at the top of the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it's Friday. You know.
Speaker 1: We got a banger for you on a Friday, The Day's Afternoon Delight track from rapper out of Philly Armani White, called iconic after he brew up a couple of years ago with his song Billy Eilish. Money White has been a little quiet, but a single iconic has been making the rounds over the last month, and so we're bringing it to you today once again.
Speaker 4: Today's Afternoon Delight is iconic our Money White.
Speaker 2: It's last week to win Freddie Freeman's autograph jersey. Sign up for your chance to win it cleanla dot com. Just take a survey sharing with what you've learned about recycling beverage containers. That's Cleanala dot com for the chance to win a Freddie Freeman autograph jersey. He was in the clubhouse last night working for us, working for Spectrum. David Vasse joins us from Denver when we come back