Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray w BZ Costs Radio.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The second topic I'd like to deal with tonight is is pretty straightforward, and that is is the bromance between Donald Trump and Elon Musk. Over. The reason I say that is that Elon Musk, who was feeded at the White House the other day, feeded me in F E. T. D by the Trump administration. On his final day as a temporary employee, he was given a golden key to the White House by President Trump, and President Trump spoke very very kindly of Elon Musk, but apparently things were not going well. So let's first of all go to cut number thirty seven. Rob. This is from April when Elon was in the Oval Office with Donald Trump and everything was going just great. Cut thirty seven.
Speaker 4: I can't speak more highly about any individual. He's an incredible guy. He's a brilliant guy. He's a wonderful person. I've seen him with his family. I've seen him with a lot of his children. He's got a lot of chiff. He treats some good. He loves his children. But he's a brilliant guy and he was a tremendous help both in the campaign and in what he's done with the DOGE.
Speaker 1: And you know, we're.
Speaker 4: Talking about almost two hundred billion dollars and rising fast because many of the things that we were looking at are now being found out to be fact.
Speaker 3: And as I said, it was late last week, I believe when there was this little ceremony in the White House, it was kind of a a going away party, if you will, for Elon Musk Cut thirty six rob.
Speaker 1: Elon Musson's regular drug use.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't. I think he's fantastic.
Speaker 5: I think Elon is a fantastic guy.
Speaker 4: And uh, I won't find the support not troubled by anything with Elon.
Speaker 3: I think he's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Did a great job, and you know, Doge continues and by the time it's finished, we'll have numbers.
Speaker 2: That will knock the stops off.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Uh.
Speaker 1: He did a fantastic job and he didn't need it.
Speaker 3: He didn't need to do it. Yeah, that was not in the Oval Office. That was a by by a helicopter. So then on CBS this past weekend, on CPS Sunday morning, Elon went after the President's big beautiful bill. This is the tax bill that that just eked by cong by the Republican House by one vote. H It is now over in the Senate and there's a lot of senators over there who are having some concerns about it. And Elon through some gasoline on that fire on CBS this morning on Sunday Morning, Cut thirty eight, Rob.
Speaker 6: So you know, I was like disappointed to see the massive spending bill. Frankly, which increases the bunch depsit not doesn't decrease it, and that reminds the work that the Notes team is doing.
Speaker 7: I actually thought that when this big beautiful bill came along. I mean, like everything he's done on dose gets wiped out in.
Speaker 3: The first year.
Speaker 8: I think, I think a bill can be can be can be big or it can be beautiful. I don't know if it could be both my postal opinion.
Speaker 3: Now Elon Musk is calling the the big Beautiful Bill a disgusting abomination. So at this point, I don't think it's going to take too long before Donald Trump shows his disgust with what Elon is talking about. Again, Yeah, this is let me play that. We have a little bit of a longer version of that bite, which I think is important. Cut number twelve, Rob, I'm gonna go to cut twelve please.
Speaker 6: You know, I was like disappointed to see the massive spending ball frankly, which increases the budge deps that not just decrease it, and that reminds the work that the Noche team is doing.
Speaker 7: I actually thought that when this big beautiful bill came along, I mean, like everything he's done on does gets wiped out in the first year.
Speaker 8: I think, I think a bill can be can be can be big, or it can be beautiful, but I don't know if it could be both my clostal opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so good line, good line. But the question is with the big beautiful bill kind of on life support because at this point it it just barely squeaked by in the House and it now faces a problem from the Senate. So you have people like Ryan Paul I have some sound from him, he's not happy with it. There are other Republican senators who are not happy with it. So you begin to think that this big beautiful bill that the Republicans around the time of the inauguration, back in January and early February were saying, this thing will be enacted into law by Memorial Day, Well, Memorial Day has come and gone. The next big holiday will be Juneteenth, and then the fourth of July and then Labor Day. With Elon Musk out there now undermining and some are suggesting that Musk is doing this because he has an interest in this piece of legislation and that he is upset that some of the tax benefits for the EV's subsidence and tax credit meant to encourage people to buy electric vehicles we're taken out in the in the new bill. I think that this, above all may indicate some choppy waters for President Trump, and I don't understand how this friendship, which developed so quickly last summer and now has has gone south and what the implications are for the administration. Love to hear from you on this. And by the way, I think that if Elon Musk is able to in effect subvert the Big Beautiful Bill, the Democrats will like him again in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I think Chuck Schumer has already gone on the record as saying that that he is in agreement with Elon Musk. So this politics make strange bedfellows. And we are now what we've now had four or four full months February, March, April, and May of the Trump administration four months plus, well maybe now four and a half months, and President Trump has had its successes in some areas. Uh. And one might argue that the tariffs have settled down a little bit the border. He gets pretty high marks on that. But this was the next accomplishment. And if that next accomplishment, the so called big beautiful Bill goes down in flames and is shot down in flames by Elon Musk, wouldn't that be ironic? Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty trip late nine to nine ten thirty. I know economics are tough to talk about at night, but I don't think we can ignore what appears to me to be a romance between Musk and the President, which has now gone in a different direction. And I think that the honeymoon is over and maybe the relationship is now irretrievably broken, compromised. Back on Nightside, joined the conversation back right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Now the phones are quiet, which always worries me. I hope you're out there listening, and I'd love to hear from some of you on this. The New York Times has an interesting piece says the tech executive criticized the president's legislation in a series of posts on Tuesday that would be yesterday, signaling a widening rift with Republicans. On Tuesday, he basically posted on x which of course he owns, that it was a disgusting abomination, and he also told House members who voted for it, you know you did wrong. Sounds like he was writing an old country song here, you know you did wrong. Now, this tech billionaire has been in Donald Trump's corner corner for I think over a year. They were they were as close as two peas in a pot. But I think that relationships has fractured at this point and I will be surprised, to be honest with you, if the Democrats don't welcome Elon Musk back. Now, maybe he may not want to go back into the fold. I don't know what's going on in his head, but this is not a good development for the Trump administration because if the tax bill goes down, that's gonna hurt Donald Trump in terms of promises made, promises kept, because that was one big campaign promise that he made on the campaign trail, so uh, feel free join the conversation. My name is Dan Ray. This is night Side. We talk a lot of politics here and some people like to talk it some some people don't. I left my topic last hour. They were people who were hanging on uh, and I figured that this would be a real good talker. Please, if, if, if you have an opinion, join the conversation. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three ten thirty. The question is everything with Donald Trump seems to be fairly transactional. Uh, and I cannot think of a more import and administration figure for him to lose an Elon Musk. Now, I know Musk is not technically a cabinet secretary, not technically an employee of the administration, but I think he is very important. And if this is it with Elon Musk, I think the Trump administration will have suffered a very serious body blow. See what you think. Let me go to Matt and Franklin. Matt, you were first to saur nights. I appreciate you calling in. Matt, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Dan, I've probably several times about this, so I've wroted for Trump three times and I'm in disbelief as like how bad financially the country's the only of like being all over the map on our economic plan over the first four months, and this whole thing with Elon. I mean, I know Dodge is all about cutting waste, but it's seeing to be like cutting stuff that Elon could get his hands on with AI and computers, and he's probably still going to get that. But then we spend four months talking about how we got to cut all the waist, cut all the waist, and the first thing Donald Trump does is harden someone who who's got convicted of steel in thirty million dollars in fraud, and then to a bill that's gonna be four trillion dollars in the debt. So I just don't understand where we're going. And I see where Elon's coming from. And the Republicans are now for the bill before they were against it. I mean, whether or not Marjorie Taylor Green could even read the bill to begin with, it's another question, but it is outrageous.
Speaker 3: What was the role? I missed the Marjorie Taylor Green role because she is always an interesting character.
Speaker 2: What did she regrets?
Speaker 9: She regrets voting for the bill because she overlooked the section that Elon doesn't like because she didn't read it well.
Speaker 3: If she did regret it, that would flip it. I think the bill passed the House. I believe it was two fifteen to two fourteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it passed because they're so afraid it's getting primaried. I mean that's the whole thing. It's like they're not gonna say a word until this time next year where nobody can run against them, and then depending on how things are going, they may or may not speak up beforehand because they're so afraid of not having a job. But there's gonna be a lot of them that are could not be having a job because you're in swing states. So I mean they won. They keep saying, oh, we have a mandate, we have a mandate. It's like you won the vote by about a percentage point. And not all the states are same. I mean, like the Deep South is probably gonna vote for people regardless they're not gonna lose their jobs. Laurie Baubart will probably move to Oklahoma and Nebraska to one again somewhere because she's already moved around Colorado. But most of them they kind of have to produce results, and if you're sending them to some to be a Republican in Long Island and then they turned around and be like, well, I can't help you out with your property taxes for all the money that we're putting towards the state of Mississippi, Idaho and Wyoming. But I am going I am going to deliver a bill that's going to be a big, beautiful bill that is going to have one hundred and fifty billion dollar missile defense fund and everything else, and uh oh yeah, it's gonna cost four trillion. Maybe yeah, No, I think.
Speaker 3: You know what, you could be the call of the week here, man. I think that you have identified the problems. And what happens is sometimes when you gain power political power, you have to have a plan that you can put into effect. And I think the Republicans have a problem because they have some really independent thinkers. I think about Mike Lee from the Senator from Utah. I think about Ran Paul. Those guys are budget hawks, and I think that he doesn't have much flexibility on in the Senate. And the point that you made was that in the Tax Reform Act of twenty seventeen. The Republicans were brilliant in this, and you could also, I guess argue pretty devious. They figured it out that they would go after the high property tax states and put that salt cap. So basically the most taxes that somebody can take state taxes combined state income taxes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like impossible item now almost.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it certainly makes it more difficult, that's for sure. And its counted ten thousand dollars. And look, if you're living in a state like Wyoming, the property tax is minute minute compared to what if you're living in Long Island or living in Massachusetts.
Speaker 9: I do want to see what happens so Wyoming when we get rid of the Forest Service and the Park Service and say hey, take care of your own land. It's the state's responsibility. Now, I really want to see how that's going to work out. For Idaho and Nevada and all these other states where there's not that many people, there's like no taxes, and they're all deeply except for Nevada, they're all deeply red. But it's like, oh, yeah, you can pay for your own forest. And then what's going to happen this summer when you don't have all these extra people cutting down the trees and everything, and as a forest fire, it's like the whole thing's good. And then we get rid of most of the people at FEBA, and it's like, so, what happens if Palm Beach gets nailed by a hurricane? It's Donald going to say, hey, Florida, you're on your own? Or is that gonna be different?
Speaker 3: Looks, there's no question that there's waste and government, okay, and and everybody knows that.
Speaker 9: And we got rid of the park rangers so you can afford the birthday party to celebrate the two hundred anniversary of the army or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you can pick things, there's no question about that. But do you do you not believe there's waste in individual government?
Speaker 9: I think there's waste in fraud. How they're going about doing it when they're focusing on the budget that they passed two years ago and now it's an extension of the same budget that they approved themselves, and they're like, oh, we're going to resind eight billion dollars to all these different groups with three months left on the budget that they approved all that time ago. And then be like, this is a great victory while we're talking about raising the debt by four trillion. It defeats the purpose of what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it sounds it sounds to me like you have totally lost faith in this candidate.
Speaker 9: Oh no, no, there doesn't seem to be any plan whatsoever unless he gets someone that can actually convince them to not be his own worth ut ofmy.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see. Thanks, Matt, appreciate your call. Interesting analysis. Have a great night. Good night. We'll take a break. We got the news, I got Carolyn Randolph, I got Mike and Beverly, and I want to from you six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. The Republicans need to if they if they're serious, The Republicans need to learn how to govern, and they I think that their speaker, Mike Johnson, has done a pretty good job of hurting cats. But at this point, it's beginning to look like the Republicans are about to conduct a jail break on the floor of the House of the Senate and go in different directions and without the party discipline that they need. Uh, this could be a moment in time when we look back and say Trump lost more than his friendship with Elon Musk, he lost control of the party that he had assembled. Because if you don't have the votes, you don't govern, and if you don't govern, the rest of the country is going to look elsewhere for leadership. That's that is the history of this country, whether you like it or not. Only lines are open right now with six one, seven, two, four, ten, thirty coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, we got full lines. Let me go to Carolyn Randolph. Carol in Randolph, you were next on Nightside. Thanks for checking in, Carol. What's your take on all of this?
Speaker 10: Hi, nice to talk to you, Dan. I listen to you every night. First time callin, but listen to you every night.
Speaker 3: Come on, we'll get a get a lot of the plausures in my digital studio. Audience.
Speaker 2: Welcome, thanks so much, thank you.
Speaker 10: I mean, my take on all of this, the Trump and Elon bromance or whatever. I think it's all theater, I really do. I mean, so w from theater.
Speaker 3: What do I say? I don't want to make sure I understand what you're saying was the Bromance theater or the breakup of the Bromance theater.
Speaker 10: Broth is the the breakup is theater. I mean, for God's sake, we got to get this bill passed. We need to get the taxes lowered. Elon is now the darling of the Democrats, but he's completely against what they believe. It's I mean, are you kidding me? He wants to cut, they want to spend. It's like, this is all just drama. These guys are tight as is whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still believe that that analogy you were going to. I didn't mean to put words in your.
Speaker 10: Mouth in Carol, but that is what I believe. I mean, Elon is like the little puppy dog. It's like, yeah, cut this, cut this, cut this, I want this done. But government doesn't run like a corporation. You can't. I mean, and I'm in business. You can tie, you can do what you want. But the swamp is deep and it's gonna take time, and there.
Speaker 3: Are luckness monsters in the swamp.
Speaker 10: Yes, he's got to call his jet. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, I know, sometimes a bad word slips out and you're not doing intentionally.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, but I mean I'm so excited about this. I mean, these two are there are romance that is going to continue, not ending. I mean all his cuts, he's done his cuts, and I know he's frustrated because look, the bill is like, Okay, we're gonna get more money than this, and more money is that? But give Trump time. He's only been in there six months.
Speaker 11: Four and a half months, four and a half months. Right, you're a trumper On, You're a trumper, and you.
Speaker 3: Think that this is this is fake. This is fake drama, is what you're telling me.
Speaker 10: This is fake drama. This is just like, let their things up, and I mean, what else have the Dems got going? They got nothing? Give them a little bone, you know, let them think Elon's on their side for a while.
Speaker 3: Okay, Carol, you're you're you're very machiavellian. But that's okay. Please take that as a compliment. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 10: I mean, I've been in business of forty years. I know how things work, and it's like, please, okay, give things time to settle down. You know, you know, you know, you get the new guy in the office. It's gonna change everything, and it's like who your jets?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 3: That was a very That was a very strong first call. I'm telling you you gotta. I'm looking forward to call number call number two.
Speaker 10: You think you want me to call you again?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. You know what you know? What I like about your call. What I like about your call is you weren't You didn't equivocate. You have a point of view. You expressed it clearly in about three and a half minutes, and everybody could understand what you said. Sometimes when people call, they kind of contradict themselves internally. This was a great call. A plus, Carol, A plus.
Speaker 10: Ok, thank you, Dan. I really admire you. I listen to you every night. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks talk.
Speaker 10: So these two bros are getting back together soon.
Speaker 3: Thanks appreciate it. All right, let me go to Mike and Brely. Mike, is the romance over? You're a big Trump guy.
Speaker 5: Hey, you can hear me, I can hear you.
Speaker 3: Fine, go right ahead, Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, No, I don't think that Roman is over. I think it's just a uh elon more counts in the budget and Trump didn't want to because most costs would have Medicaid SO Security and Trump didn't want that, and that was most of it all going on. We need that built well for well.
Speaker 3: First of all, First of all, I don't think SO Security is going to be cut in any way, shape or form. What they might do. What they might do is to once again move the retirement date a few months forward, so that so that people will have to work a little longer. Okay, Uh, you know we're living longer. So when when SO Security was passed in the nineteen thirties, the life expectancy in this country, probably from mayl was like sixty two years old, and a lot of people worked, worked, worked, and then died two weeks after they retired. Uh. In terms of Medicaid, I don't think they're looking to cut medicaid. I think they're looking to cut people who are on medicaid who shouldn't be on medicaid.
Speaker 5: Oh exactly. And that's the Democrats want to do. I get that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not what the Democrats know. The Democrats don't want to do that. They want to say that that the people who are going to be cut from medicaid are the poor people who need it the most. The Republicans might not be really smart, but they're not abjectly stupid. They're not going to cut people on Medicaid who need it. They're going to try to find people on Medicaid who are who are basically playing the system.
Speaker 5: Mike, I get it, but that's not the advertisements that the Democrats are pushing. But you know, I just I don't when I got the ninth vers is that they're you know that the bill wants to cut Medicaid from people that are sick and all less.
Speaker 3: That's what the Democrats say, and there's there's no one out there in the media that I know of who's that would be just that political sit aside. You know, if the Republicans sat around and said, there's a great idea, let's cut Medicaid for elderly people who really need Medicaid. Uh, let's cut Medicaid for people who run disability because you know they're not able to work. If if they're on disability, they they're gonna do that, they would be that would be political suicide. It would be like saying, oh, let's let's take money away from people on SOI security. Look, I earned my soial security. Everybody who's on so security. They earned their social security. They they they view it as a contract with the government, and the government better be smart enough to continue to view it. Would they move the retirement date up to sixty seven and a half maybe maybe, I don't know. That's that's how they would that they would work around the margins so people would have to work a couple of years long.
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, I get well, we just need that time that build on baths, the roof to the highest pack rate about you know, so we need that built out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well again, they they need to get there, first of all, get their act together and figure out what they want in the bill. Uh. And they have to come up with some compromises. Uh and and hopefully it's a bill that's going to benefit people. It's going to cut waste and and maybe generate enough additional revenue so that that that the the deaf. Remember the debt is still thirty seven trillion dollars. Don't take your eye off that ball, because if we don't get that under control, we're all going to be in trouble. Simple as that. Hey, Mike, I'm up my break, I gotta let you run. As always appreciated, Thank you much. Talk to you soon. We'll take a quick break here at Nightside. My name's Dan Ray. I got one line at six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty and one at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We're talking kind of politics, brutally tough politics. The Republicans have opportunity. They were given the House, they were given the Senate, and they were given the White House. It is time now for them to present a plan that can be agreed upon and get it through and get it done. And if if they can't do it, then the Democrats will get a chance two year, a year and a half from now, because October or November of twenty twenty six is only a year and a half away. Trust me on that.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, back to the calls we go, Gonna go next to Jay in New Hampshire. Jay, get you in here, Go right ahead, Jay, Dan, good question.
Speaker 13: You know, fun subject. I understand why you're asking it. Of course, you know that the Dems are going to be dancing all over the situation.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't.
Speaker 13: I don't think there's any any worry about the bromance being Okay. You know, actually, I mean the idea that you know, mosc is gonna maybe swing laft de vice versa. I mean, he's actually the right on the right of Trump on this, you know. I mean he's actually even going further right, so that that that gives it even less of a chance that he's gonna have and he kind of bought brondezvous with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so I'm your conclusion.
Speaker 13: Is, oh, the the boom answers is going to remain strong. I think you know, it might you know, it might go through some healthy turbulence.
Speaker 2: Which which we need.
Speaker 13: You know, I think you know, the bill, the bill like like the other call, I think it was Carol said she was she was a.
Speaker 2: Hundred st right.
Speaker 13: You know, this stuff takes it takes time healthy, you know, it needs to be back and forth.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I just I just thought that the language that uh that was used by Musque was it was pretty strong and pretty forceful. It wasn't like, gee, because of a disgusting abomination. I mean that's you know.
Speaker 13: Then yeah, that's what you know, that's you know, Donald Trump, that's what he responds to it. You know, that's how he that's that's the playing fields for him, and he you know, he he used the same methods of course, you know. So it's it's it's it's a little bit of a back and forth right now.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Jay, I appreciate you call. Thank you much, my friend. Great great park, great observation. Thank you. We're gonna go next to Robert in North Carolina. Robert, you were in North Carolina and you were on night Side with Dan rayg go right ahead.
Speaker 12: Robert Ray, a longtime listener and first time caller.
Speaker 3: Come on, first time call out in North Carolina. Had to ride across from our digital studio audience.
Speaker 12: Well, my first is that I was originally a Massachusetts resident. Okay, I had to move by to there because I was a price out of houses back in the touring the pandemic. Moved down here, and uh, things are different, whole different world.
Speaker 3: Is as the living is the living a little easier down there. Robert.
Speaker 12: I'm telling you what I used to do. It go into just the VA hospital in Boston, and when I had then appointment from Worcester, it gave me more stress than I originally had going to the doctor.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully you hopefully you have good v A, you know, facilities near you wherever you are in North Carolina. How long had when when did you leave Massachusetts?
Speaker 12: Robert left there back just a little over two and a half years ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, and and you and you have no regrets.
Speaker 12: Well, I kind of do. I want to tell you a quick story. I moved back to Massachusetts to take care.
Speaker 2: Of my mother.
Speaker 12: She was ailing, a ninety eight year old woman, and I was ready for the nursing home, but I thought i'd come back and spend time with her. And when I was there, I had this vision of making a Worcester, Massachusetts T shirt and I started making them by the hundreds. Now would you believe that they had the gall the nerve the city council decided, you know what, we're going to make an ordinance where nobody could make these anymore because somebody might. You know, I was not doing it for profit. I was only doing it for the love of the city of the time.
Speaker 3: I got to be honest with you, I don't see how the city council had any right to prevent you from making T shirts about Worcester. I don't think you could make T shirts about let us say, you know, the Worcester baseball team or the Worcester hockey team. But I wish you had got yourself some legal advice on that, because you.
Speaker 12: Know, oh no, no, actually it was Actually if I was to put like the American flag, it would be the same thing as the with the city sale. It's the freedom of the press. It's not copyrighted like you said, like the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 9: So that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Okay, talk to me about Let's let I don't want to get too far off track, Robert, thanks for calling. But what do you think about? Uh? Is the relationship between President Trump and Elon Musk uh forever shadowed at this point in your opinion.
Speaker 12: No, not at all. Listen, if I invited Joever to come and look at my books and all of a sudden, you know, you've found some problems, and then you left, and then I started messing with the books again, you know you're gonna you're gonna call me some names. And listen, that guy that took care of the business is the smartest man, the richest man. He knows what's going on. Listen. Our president is doing and the best that he can. And I respect to him, and I gave it and I did both for him three times like most people. And listen, there's always two sides to ep story. My wife told me the three sides actually your side, my side, and then there's the truth.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad line, by the way. I might steal that the next time I'm having a discussion with my wife. All right, Hey, Robert, look, thank you, thank you for calling in.
Speaker 12: I hope you come back, man.
Speaker 3: Hope you will. I hope you come back right back at you, Robert, and uh, come on back, call again. Okay, thanks you, sir.
Speaker 12: Good night.
Speaker 3: Let me get I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try to get to David san Antonio. Dave, you are next on night side, and I can hear you, Dave, go right ahead.
Speaker 2: How are you doing Dan? Well, I'll just say it. Uh, you know, big plate on his head, and he can't be keeping track of everything. And once in a while, something you know, goes awry and he'll get it straightened out. And he's got good intentions and uh, you know, he can't read that entire bill himself. You don't have time to has all kinds of other things to do, and he's dependent on those congressmen. Those congressmen need to work harder, that's one thing for sure. They need to work harder. They are, yeah, they got They take more breaks than anybody in our Manica takes day.
Speaker 3: Do you ever try to herd cats?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Have you ever tried to herd cats?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't think about it, Dave. I think that's what when when you're when you're trying to keep you know, one side of the aisle together in Congress, it can be difficult because you've got four hundred and thirty five people there, all of whom thinks someday they'll be a United States Senator and after that they'll be the president of these United States. There's a lot of strong willed individuals of that floor of the House of Representatives and on the floor of the US Senate. That's the problem that that a lot of these presidents have uh there and once they lose their mojo, man, the cats go in different directions. It's as simple as that. And when you see Musk walk away and to say what he said, uh, you know, to to call uh this this bill a disgusting abomination, I don't know if there was any stronger language he could have used.
Speaker 2: Well, probably he's right, you know, he's probably right. But yeah, Elon's Elon's capitalist businessman and uh, Johnson's uh, you know, his figure of the House. He's got a he's got a majority, have three to work.
Speaker 3: With the majority of one when this when this bill was voted on. So he doesn't have much legal room, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: And E's got to have a little sympathy for Johnson and the predicament that he has.
Speaker 3: Hasn't shown it so far, hasn't shown it so far. I mean, it seems like as soon as he got out of the White House, he just wanted to throw a throw some metaphorical bombs back at the people who he supported. We're gonna keep talking about this, David into the eleven o'clock news, but I'm up on that right now. So I gotta let you run. Always good to hear your voice. Thanks for calling. We'll be back right after the eleven and I want to keep going on this. Okay, is the bromiance over between Donald Trump and Elon Musk Join us coming back on Night Side