Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kas Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, welcome in to this Friday edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're enjoining this beautiful afternoon here in Southern California. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty one and ten on the season, a five and one homestand that included a sweep of the Miami Marlins. Now sees the Dodgers hit the road for their longest roadie of the year. First stop Atlanta, Georgia in a three game series against the Braves. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount of the series opener, first pitch from Truest Park is coming up at four fifteen. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this Friday pitching matchup. David Vase, our Dodger insider, will join this throughout the show. He's doing double duty on Sports and at LA as well. We've got your Dodgers magical moment, we got your prize picks, double play of the day and in just a few minutes we'll head out to Truest Park in the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick monday Well. The Dodgers on Wednesday had a nooner as Tony Gonsolin made his return. That catman back on the mound after six hundred and twenty one days away from baseball. Tommy John surgery his first start since August of twenty twenty three, and Tony Gonsoll was really good.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Six innings, three runs, six hits, nine strikeouts, did not walk a batter, and he got plenty of run supported.
Speaker 3: Starting the second with Max Munsey.
Speaker 4: Here's a two ball and one strike pitch and this one is hit welldes center failed and is heading back toward the wall of this god hold on number one as Maxwell gets the swim Mis Solber hammer for the first time this season, and the Dodgers on the board won nothing.
Speaker 3: Max Munsey with his first home run.
Speaker 2: Max Hall goes deep four hundred and thirty three feet in the dodge, just getting started. Mookie Betts then with a two run single in the third. Andy Paie has with an RBI single the third Dodgers up four to nothing. After the Marlin Zone chipped away with a two run home running the top of the fourth and then an RBI double on the top of the six. Dodgers' lead was just four to three when the bottom of the six, Mookie Betts came up and extended the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Lead one to one.
Speaker 4: And Mookie hits the ball high in the air in a center field over toward left center and deep back.
Speaker 6: It goes to the wall that's off the warning.
Speaker 4: Tracking off the wall, Barnes around third, he scores. Here comes Otani in the score Bets around second, and he is into third with a two to half two run triple.
Speaker 6: Well, how do you like that?
Speaker 4: Mookie Bets makes it six to three, four runs batted in this afternoon for Mookie Bets.
Speaker 2: Have yourself a day, Mookie Bets. He goes two for four of the triple four ribbies. The Dodgers would tack on two more the very next batter, f Freeman a two run home run to right center. Dodgers up eight to three, and they just kept tacking on runs. Key k Hernandez an RBI single in the seventh. Otani scored on a wild pitch in the eight te Oscar Hernandez hit a ground rule double, scoring Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 3: In the eighth innings, Key.
Speaker 2: K Hernandez again back at it with an RBI single in the eighth. Dodgers go on and route the Marlins twelve to seven to final Tony Gonslin his first win in nearly two years. He goes six innings nine punchouts for the victory. The Dodgers were on fire twelve runs on seventeen hits. They scored thirty four runs in the three game series against the Miami Marlins. Outside of losing to Paul Skeins in the opener against the Pirates last Friday, the Dodgers then have won five in a row. They go five to one on the homestand the Dodgers sit at twenty one and ten on this season hottest team in baseball. Their lead in the division now a game and a half over the San Diego Padres. They're two and a half games up on the Giants, who continue to fade away, and their four games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks in the NL West. So they'll see on the back end of this ten game road trip. But first things first. After a day off yesterday, Dodgers in Atlanta to take on the Braves in the start of a three game series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount in the series.
Speaker 3: Opener with more.
Speaker 2: We head out to the Kalpin Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Pretty nice evening here in Atlanta, a little bit on the breezy side, with the Dodgers and Braves getting set for their first game of the three games set here this weekend. Yoshanovo Yamamoto pitches tonight. He comes in with the bench era in Major League Baseball for a starting pitcher at one zero six, a three and two record, and the right hander goes opposite Grant Holmes, the right hander two and one and in the ra of four and a half. Dodgers start the night in first place, game and a half up. Twenty one and ten is the overall record. Meantime, the Braves, we've been laying much better lately, are fourteen and sixteen, and they are in third place in the National League East, six games off the pace, and mo it'll be another night without Tommy Edmund in the lineup, still nursing a tweaked ankle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Dave Robertson said, hey, look, there's nothing to be overly concerned about. And Dave was saying before is look, if he's started the lineup Friday in Atlanta, Well, here we are on Friday in Atlanta. He would be in the lineup on Saturday. So I'm not overly concerned with it. In the meantime, it allows really Miguel Rojas to start at second base today, and as we've been saying really the last few days, the bottom part offensively of this Dodger lineup now beginning to catch fire. Of course, Max Munsey hit his first home run of the season. That'say pausive sight. And he PAHs is batting in the seventh spot. He has an eighth game hitting street going Taskar Hernanez has hit a nine in a row. Freddie Freeman, returning to Atlanta, is hitting sixth straight. So we're seeing really a lot of different balance and better balance off.
Speaker 4: Dodgers have won five straight and during that time, winning two against Pittsburgh three against Miami. They outscored those two teams.
Speaker 6: By thirty runs.
Speaker 4: Fifty one to twenty one during that stretch, and as a team hit three eighty three, walking more times than they struck out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're having some very good approaches.
Speaker 7: The other part, too, is this is a different Atlanta Braves team than what the Dodgers saw in the early part of April. Why well, they won seven of ten. They're not only hitting better, but once they get to the bullpen, you know they're bullpen. The last seven games has an ERA of just one seventy one. They've been able to shut down opposing teams, besides beginning now to score some runs.
Speaker 4: One thing offensively about the Braves. Former Dodger Alex Verdugo is now the starting left fielder and leadoff hitter, and in the ten games he's played in for the Braves, the Braves are.
Speaker 5: Eight and two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, isn't it amazing when a player gets cut from one team they signed him to minor league contract, they call him up and say, where's this guy been? All of a sudden, he jumps on top of it. And Atlanta has some guys too, swinging the band successionally well, and especially two. You look at this road trip. You know they went to Colorado in Arizona. They won four of the six games, and for Brian Snecker's ball club, they're beginning to feel very good about themselves. They're trying to get back to five hundreds, still two games below, but they seem to be on an upswing.
Speaker 4: Again, winning seven of the last ten. The Braves showing their fans that they have something going right now and doing it without Ronald Acuna Junior, who they expect to return sometime in the middle of this month. He's at a torn left ACL he's been out and when he comes back, the Dodgers will be done playing them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and good luck to him at that particular point. And for the Dodgers and Braves. Okay, finishing up the season series here on this weekend, but will we have kind of a look to maybe postseason play between these two teams.
Speaker 4: Dodgers swept the Braves at Dodgers Stadium earlier in the season.
Speaker 6: They hope to continue.
Speaker 4: They're winning ways against Atlanta here in Atlanta. Yoshanova Yamamoto three and two, Grant Holmes two and one. Those are your pitchers as we get you ready for the first pitch of this one tonight at Truest Park.
Speaker 6: Tim, All right, let's.
Speaker 3: Been cut you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shankys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager.
Speaker 3: Himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: You will hear from our own David Vaz say, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound up next year, O Tani rewind, and we'll hear from Max Munsey, who hit his first home run of the year on Wednesday, hopefully jump thing and jump starting things for him offensively as the Dodgers hit the road for the start of a ten game roadie first stop Atlanta, three games set against the Braves. First pitch coming up at four fifteen. Thanks for being with us on this Friday afternoon. I'm Tim Katsus, the world champion of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's this Morongo Casino Dodgers Anti game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Braves on this Friday afternoon, Yoshi Yamamoto and Grant Holmes the pitching match up. First pitch from Atlanta coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewinde and.
Speaker 4: There goes show Hey down to second base. They'll throw down there for a no reason because he swiped that easily stolen base number nine for sho He Otani. Otani hits the ball to center fielding deep. This ball heading back to the wall. It is over the glove of Sanchez and off the wall. Otani burning around second. He's on his way to third and Otani with a pop up slide safe at third. Otani leads at third and here comes an O two pitch way outside and missed everything. Here comes Otani to the plate, he slides, He's safe.
Speaker 2: Show Otani does a little bit of everything for four to play on base two times after a triple and a walk. He had a stolen base number nine on this season, and also scoring on a wild pitch part of a Dodger's twelve seven win over the Marlins. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now friendly agent standing by to take your donation. That's cars with the K to donate your car today. How about Max Mounsey, part of the twelve run onslaught of the Marlins on Wednesday months he going deep for the first time this season, a lot of pressure off of his shoulders, and afterwards talked to David Vasse in the media.
Speaker 8: Max, it looked like ta Oscar Hernandez didn't just give you a handful of seats.
Speaker 6: He gave you the whole bag today.
Speaker 5: Yeah he did.
Speaker 9: He got me pretty good and I felt really good to have that happen.
Speaker 6: And you know, I just hope that today something you can go down.
Speaker 8: Did you feel like on this homestand you were getting closer to hitting your first home run?
Speaker 6: Did you feel better at the plate?
Speaker 9: I don't know about home run, but just you know, the swing keeps feeling like it's getting closer and closer.
Speaker 6: I still have to clean something.
Speaker 9: You know, it's a work in progress, and like I said, today is the day you hope you can just build upon and you know, you just keep moving forward.
Speaker 8: Did you have a moment in the cage where you found something we haven't noticed really the step back yet?
Speaker 6: What have you worked on it?
Speaker 9: Just you know, we keep rewatching my bats and rewatching the swings, and you know, the abbat quality has been good.
Speaker 6: It's just getting the ball to go.
Speaker 9: Forward and you know, trying to figure out why it's not going forward.
Speaker 6: And so you just tinker with a little.
Speaker 9: Mechanics here and there, and you just feel keep getting closer and closer, but you know, we still got ways to go.
Speaker 8: So you felt like you were fouling pitches off that you should have hit. Yeah, it's been that way for about a week or two. And you know, like I said, I felt really comfortable in the box.
Speaker 9: There's still just one or two things that are just a little bit off. And you know, today was a lot closer. Obviously the ball went forward today, so that was a good thing. And you know, it's like I said, the abbat quality has been good, it's just getting the ball to move forward.
Speaker 10: How much of a grind has this one been for you?
Speaker 5: Mentally?
Speaker 6: Especially?
Speaker 9: Not easy, not easy on me, not easy on my family. You know, playing in la Is it's not easy. But you know it's a it's a privilege and it's a privilege to play under this pressure and it's uh you know, something that I've always throbbed upon. But it doesn't mean that it's easy. And you know, for me and my family it's been it's been a rough month.
Speaker 5: The greeting you've got, the dug out.
Speaker 8: How nice is it that they're kind of invested in your success as well?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 9: It was huge for me, almost a little emotional, but uh, you know, this clubhouse is very tight, it's very close. Everyone cares about each other here. We all just want to win, and for us to win, everyone needs to be clicking. And that's something that you know, this this whole clubhouse bies into and just to get that kind of greeting it felt.
Speaker 6: Amazing after these many games.
Speaker 8: Would you what would you have thought if we told you you would have had the same amount of home runs as triples?
Speaker 6: No response to that day?
Speaker 3: All right, there's Max months.
Speaker 2: He's certainly feeling a lot better now that he got his first home run of the season, and hopefully that gets some jump started here with the power. The rest of twenty to twenty five still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from David Vat day. He'll go one on one with tay Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: But up next, we'll get.
Speaker 2: To an injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts of Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We're leading up to first pitch from Atlanta Dodgers and Braves on this Friday, first pitch at four fifteen. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as a leach up to first pitch from Atlanta Dodgers and the Braves. Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound Grant Homes will go for the Braves.
Speaker 3: First pitch. Trementland is coming up at four fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Well, the Dodgers have a plethora of pitchers on the injured list. Tyler Glastow on the IL with the shoulder inflammation. Blake trying it on the sixty day IL now with the right form, tightness, Blake Snell on the IL with the left shoulder soreness, Michael Kopek he was extended to the sixty day IL with the right shoulder impingement. Bruce Dark Gratorolt trying to work his way back. Clayton Kershaw also on the sixty day IL. He actually pitched in Triple A Oklahoma City just a couple of days ago and in minor league rehabs. Star Remember, he cannot be eligible to come off the IL until the middle of May, so he's got a few more weeks to go, but he is ramping up and that is certainly good news and fingers crossed that he can stay healthy in his return. All right, speaking of return, let's return back out to Atlanta and check you with the Dodger discover any.
Speaker 6: Questions for Dave.
Speaker 5: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Tommy Edmund not in the starting lineup again today. You said on Wednesday that if he wasn't in the lineup today, you were optimistic about tomorrow. Do you feel the same way.
Speaker 11: He is gonna go take some grounders right now? As I as I see look out, I think it's a day to day thing. I don't want to put us for him in a position where you know, there's much expectation. I think that that's just being driven on how he's feeling. So I don't even know his availability tonight. My expectation is he'd be available off the bench to pinch hit. But as far as starting tomorrow, I guess we'll see how today goes.
Speaker 6: At what point would it trigger a consideration for the I.
Speaker 11: Well, I think you know, if there's a couple two, three days that we don't feel he can start where you're talking about three or four days, it just wouldn't seem much of a cost. So I think that today we'll be telling and fortunately, because of the position player, it's only ten days versus the fifteen.
Speaker 2: All right, there is Dave Roberts talking about Tommy Edmond not in the lineup again today. We'll see what his status is as far as the injured list is concerned. That's Dave Roberts down the dugout pregame. When we continue here, I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: We will check in.
Speaker 2: With David Vassay as we are leading up to first pitch Dodgers in Atlanta, a three game weekend set against the Race Freddie Freeman back in Atlanta, we won a World Series. Now with the Dodgers, where he's also won a World Series. First pitch Game one of this series coming up in four fifteen. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio how.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers ontack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves as the Dodgers hit the road for a ten game road trip, first stop Atlanta in a three.
Speaker 3: Game series against the Braves.
Speaker 2: Today's game is brought to you in part by Marvel Studios Thunderbolts. They're not super they're not heroes, and they're not giving up. Now playing in theaters Marvel Studios Thunderbolts.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, looking to thunder with their way into Atlanta, continued their five game winning streak after a five to one homestand that saw them sweep the Marlins. Dodgers first place atop the NL West. Yoshi Yamamoto on the mount in the series opener first pitch coming up at four.
Speaker 1: Fifteen, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse DV.
Speaker 2: Now joins us from Truest Park in Atlanta, as did Dodgers take on the Braves. And it's not the first time he's back in Atlanta, DV.
Speaker 3: But Freddy Freeman is back taking on his former team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he told me after the game at Dodgers Stadium that closed out that homestand that it's a different feeling obviously coming back. And Freddie has done pretty well here at Truest Park as a Dodger. He's nine for twenty five with two doubles, a home run, and four RBIs. He flew ahead on the player plane after the game at Dodgers Stadium and had a full day here to catch up with family and friends. He's got a lot of them with him here back in Atlanta.
Speaker 12: That's different obviously. Now I'm just excited. I got my whole family there.
Speaker 5: They've been there for a.
Speaker 12: Couple of days, so obviously the same oldest brother who lives there, my sister in law and brother in law and their four kids, so I got a lot of people going to be there. My dad's that, my mom, cousins, aunt in law is They're all going to be there, So no, I look forward to it. It's fun now. It's good to see familiar faces. I do love playing in that stadium. I got to play there a lot, so I'm excited to go back and see everybody in play.
Speaker 8: I remember the first year that Freddy came back here in twenty twenty two, obviously emotional. He had an on field interview before first pitch. He had a press conference.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 8: Tim Hoham came out here to do his regular routine with Chris Woodward. Nobody came around us say hi to Freddie Freeman. There was no fanfare, so I'm sure again he will have a loud ovation. This will be the first time, by the way, Freddie Freeman comes back to Atlanta as a World Series MVP.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, it's choices, fine yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric, tough this mark, it can only be called the F one fifty. Tommy Edmund didn't play in that last game against the Marlins on Wednesday, David a little banged up.
Speaker 3: What's the latest with Tommy Tanks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, obviously not in the starting lineup today.
Speaker 8: Dave Roberts said after the game against the Marlins the series finale that he was hoping Tommy Edman would be ready to go on the starting lineup tonight, but he did kind of leave it open and did by saying that if he's not in there tonight, that he certainly would be in there tomorrow. Now there is a chance of rain and the game being washed out tomorrow, So if that was the case, that gives Tommy Edman another extra day to get that soreness out of his right ankle. I talked to Tommy at his locker after that serious finale against the Marlins at Dodger Stadium, and he didn't have any wrapping on it. He said he was fine and certainly reassured me that this is not an injured Liss situation. So he and the Dodgers certainly dodged a bullet. We always talk about the Dodgers thinking big picture and taking things extra slow because of how much talent they have on this roster, not only with pitchers but with position players. So that's the reason why I'm sure the Dodgers are playing it's safe, David.
Speaker 2: Last year we saw Showy Otanio run for a fifty to fifty season, the fifty plus dole in bases. How is he helping with base running well?
Speaker 8: Being so close to the dugout, I've picked up on a few different things. I picked up on how smart Otani is and prepared Otani is because if you remember the middle game of that series, in the sixth inning, the Dodgers stole three bases, and in the top half of that inning, I distinctly remember seeing Otani going to Chris Woodward, the Dodgers first base coach, and giving him details of what he was seeing from the pitcher as far as.
Speaker 6: His moves, his times. It's not a coincidence.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers went out the next half inning and we're running like race horses from first base to second base.
Speaker 6: They stole three bases.
Speaker 8: Obviously the Marlins are not very good at holding runners, but they stole three base is in the bottom half of that sixth inning, and I am convinced sho Hee Otani had a lot to do with it.
Speaker 2: More horse talk coming up in just a minute, David but Yoshi Yamamoto coming off his least impressive outing on this season back on the mounta tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know it wasn't a horrible outing.
Speaker 8: He just got out pitched by Paul Skeens and he walked more guys than what we have seen him so far this season. So you know, there's just something different about Yamamoto this year than there was last year. At this time, he has a lot more confidence, a lot more swagger, and my understanding is he has a new wrinkle too. He's throwing cutters to left handed hitters, and he's gone back to what made him a decorated pitcher in Japan. He's throwing his fastballs down in the strike zone and that makes his split fingered fastball that much more effective because it looks like his fastball but drops off the table. So Yamamoto, going back to last year's postseason, went back to being true to himself as a pitcher.
Speaker 2: Time now for the Dodger Derby, where we pick a race brought to you by Santa Anita. We're actually gonna pick tomorrow's one hundred and fifty first running of the Roses the Kentucky Derby at Churchill downs. Now two of the twenty one horses have been scratched, so it's down to a nineteen horse field. Who do you like tomorrow, David in the twenty twenty five Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard about that.
Speaker 8: I'm going with Journalism, the number eight horse, who is a three to one favorite to win this race.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the number nine horse right next to Journalism. Burnham Square twelve to one, a favorite, Burnham Square the nine horse.
Speaker 3: Good luck to you, David. We'll check back with you just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at San Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. Don't miss the biggest Derby party west of Kentucky tomorrow at Santa Anita. Also got Mother's Day dining coming up, free Friday drink specials.
Speaker 3: It's a whole.
Speaker 2: Party out at Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday. Check out more at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers, we'll dive deeper in to this pitchy matchup, but up next your Dodgers magical moment leading up to Dodgers.
Speaker 3: And Braids from Atlanta. I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braids from Atlanta. Yoshi, I'm a Mooto Grant Homes.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into the numbers for both these guys coming up in just a couple of minutes. First pitch from Truest Park in Atlanta's coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 6: IG who wants.
Speaker 1: A hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 2: We go back to September fifteenth, last year, Dodgers in Atlanta for a late season road trip on the East Coast. The Dodgers, for the third time in seventeen days, hit three straight home runs in the game.
Speaker 4: Seally Glaciers touched up for five runs and Max Swings hits.
Speaker 6: A drive deep bright center.
Speaker 4: It is gone and for the third time this season, the Dodgers have hit back to back to back home runs in a ball game. It is nine to two. MaTx Mounsey swinging the silver hammer in Georgia, his fifteenth home.
Speaker 6: Run of the season.
Speaker 4: Boy an explosion offensively for the Dodgers, and they'll bat around here on the ninth.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers with tey Oscar Hernandez, Tommy Edmond and Max Munsey back to back to back home runs in the ninth inning in Atlanta last September, the third time in seventeen days. The Dodgers did it last season, certainly a World Series Championships season. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hafey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Coffee, Hot talks, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: And we'll get you your prize picks.
Speaker 2: Double Play of the Day leading up to Dodgers and Brais from Atlanta. I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 2: Yoshi, I'm a moto on the Man's I have deeper into the pitching matchup coming up first pitch at four to fifteen.
Speaker 6: Got him with the two for one hard shot.
Speaker 4: To third throws the second on the first double What doubles?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the deck.
Speaker 2: Joy me and millions of others playing baseball, fantasy sports at Daily Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app, sign up using the code go blue, and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code go blue when you download the Free Prize Picks app, so easy to play more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Strikeouts RBI's first inning runs you pick more or less Join me at Price Picks with the code go blue. Here are my two picks. Show Hey Otani more or less a half a walk. I say more more than a half a walk. Max Munsey more or less a half an RBI. I feel like Max is gonna get it going. I say more than a half an RBI for Max Munsey again, Join me at Price Picks. Use the code go blue. Prize Picks, run your game and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick, the weather is considerably different here in Atlanta than what we left in Los Angeles, a little warmer temperatures.
Speaker 7: For the Dodgers, it's a little bit warmer, and it could get a little bit wetter, especially maybe tomorrow, but we'll deal with that in tomorrow's game. Meanwhile, the Dodgers are going to be I think a big question is, Okay, what about Tommy Edmund. I mentioned that because he was not playing the final game is a series at Dodger Stadium because of an ankle that he tweaked the night before, not in the lineup today? And is that anything to be concerned about?
Speaker 6: I guess to a certain extent.
Speaker 8: But after the game, before the Dodgers left for this road trip, Tommy Edmund reassured me he was fine. He did not have any wrapping or swelling on that right ankle, and Dave Roberts even said and wanted to warn everybody he may not be in the starting lineup tonight, but he expects him to be back tomorrow if there is a game.
Speaker 7: See in depth recording folks from David Vase. Of course he's a coat and tie guy. Again tonight, that tile looks very good. By the way, I have to compliment you on the fact that you're doing your tie is much much better over the last year.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that you kind of put me on the right track.
Speaker 5: Well, and you're using a full windsor too. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 8: My father in law deserve some credit as well. Okay, he helped me out with that as well.
Speaker 7: See a lot of people out there, they ended stand a full windsor versus a half windsor.
Speaker 8: It takes a village, Rick, you understand that all it does with you. Rick Yamamoto's back on the mound today and it feels like just being on the field with just a handful of players.
Speaker 5: Already.
Speaker 8: They told me that they're hoping that tonight's not the night that the Braves get hot, because the Dodgers are catching a Brave's team that's starting to get its bearing.
Speaker 7: Well, I got news for him. The Braves are already hot because they've won seven of lance ten to.
Speaker 5: Fourteen of nineteen.
Speaker 7: It's a different team than what the Dodgers saw early in the season at Dodger Stadium. They're getting some offense. Now, they're getting some pitching a little bit better, and everybody was saying, oh my goodness, the sky is falling initially, but Brian Sitker, the manager of the Atlanta Braves, didn't push the panic button. He says, look, we're gonna come around.
Speaker 5: They were not hitting at all in that series in LA.
Speaker 7: And they're doing a much better job. Speaking of hitting, the Dodgers have some very hot hitters coming into this series. Freeman six in a row, and if you look at taskar her Nana's nine straight. Andy Pa has eight consecutive games he's hit in, So hopefully that's his sign. You're going to see it from top to bottom a little bit more support.
Speaker 8: You know, it's interesting bringing up Freddie Freeman bringing coming back to Atlanta. I feel like Freddy is the microcosm of the perception of the Dodgers. Quietly, Freddy's sitting over three hundred now, he has no ps of over one thousand. The Dodgers have the second best record in baseball, and everybody keeps on asking what's wrong with Freddy? What's wrong with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: You know, you go over to the TV side, and all of a sudden, we get these big words from you, right microcosm. You know, before it was you know, he and they and and that was just about it. So it's nice to see the improvement not only with Tai but also in the vocabulary.
Speaker 6: I didn't know we were keeping score on that risk.
Speaker 7: Well we're beginning to, by the way, keeping score on this date, and it's appropriate since Gamamoto is pitching. It was on this date in nineteen ninety five that the day on Noomo became the first Japanese native to play in the Majors since Marikama appear with the Giants in nineteen sixty four. So it was on this date Adeo Nomo that came on and went to five scoreless innings in a game against the Giants at Candlestick Park, and.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers lost that game in fifteen innings.
Speaker 5: Yes you remember the score four to three?
Speaker 8: Yes, correct, and all seven runs were scored in the fifteenth inning.
Speaker 7: Okay, fine, see you're starting to pick things up. You were there, Yes, you were too.
Speaker 6: I was not. Oh no, I was a freshman in college watching your broadcast.
Speaker 7: Oh, but you were there in spirit because I happen to know what a big Dodger fan you were growing up.
Speaker 8: Big Dodger fan, big Dodger fan still are still are still care about the team, but in a different way. I going back to Nomo, you have the distinction of not only calling his major league debut, but you have the distinction of calling Yamamoto's major league debut. In Sazaki's major league debut. What do you remember the most about no Mo Mania.
Speaker 7: Here's what initially I thought of when I saw this on the same site that you did on this date in baseball about Nomo. I remember the first year that Hidea was with the ball club in spring training at Dodgertown. How many photographers we saw outside of his room because he stayed on campus at Dodger Town, and every morning he would come out of his room and there would be twenty photographers. That pales in comparison to what we see with Otani. Every time Otani turns around and even takes the field to warm up, it is amazing. Same way with Yamamoto, in particular, one of the Dodgers went to Japan. So this is kind of a revisitation, if you will, of what it was like when Nomo came on because it caught everybody's attention.
Speaker 8: And Hideo Nomo brought back that number sixteen that Rick Monday used to wear.
Speaker 7: And surprise everybody by throwing a no hitter at Cruise Field in Denver. First of all, they didn't think that maybe a no hitter could be thrown up there, much less he threw it. And there was a rain delay that he had to set out a considerable period of time and came back and still pitched after the deslay.
Speaker 8: I was mentioning this to one of the Japanese reporters. You have to put that as one of the great pitching accomplishments in the last thirty years.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, and especially too since the game was interrupted. I remember the exact amount of time. I think it was at least forty forty five minutes. There was a rain delay, and he did not cash in the chips and say hey, I'm done.
Speaker 5: He came back out finished the no hitter.
Speaker 6: Tough on bray Hdayoomo. Thanks Rick.
Speaker 8: We'll check in with you and Tim Nevers a little bit time, will all right, We're keeping score on the tie and the dictionary, the thesaurus.
Speaker 6: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, guess we're keeping score DV. That's the Dodgers plan. Dodger fans, do you have a plan? Start your future? To California Community College. Financial aid's available to help you with suish books and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fail quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck, I'm going to break down this pitchy matchup with the National League Player pitcher of the month, Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 3: That's coming up. Tim and Rick will have those keys of the game.
Speaker 2: But up nice we go high end tights, but te Oscar Hernandez don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Leaning up to Dodgers and Braves. First pitching four fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network man.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves Yoshinomo Yamo Moto on the mountain. Grant Holmes will go for Atlanta. Former Dodger minor leaguer. By the way, that's the pitching matchup. Ready to live the Zench Sweet Live. Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles. Two premium Sweet tickets to a game this month, complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's all just one scan away. Head to the Zench counter near the deli at any participating in Ralph's grocery store. Scan the QR code. You can't miss it. It's right there at the Zench counter at Ralph's and enter for your chance to win a once in a life time experience. Details at Anti seventy la sports dot com. Zenchi Sushi, fast, fresh and easy. Find it at your local rous right by the deli counter.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 8: Taoscar Hernandez is the most in demand Dodger in Atlanta. Who knows he is worldwide? Like Pitbull said, the one and only tail joins us man. Everybody loves you, La to Atlanta to Miami. Everybody loves that smile.
Speaker 10: Well, I appreciate everybody love. You know, I'm trying to be nice there, Laddie, trying to make everybody feels good and just you know, have a great time.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 8: So the Dodgers are here in Atlanta, first of ten games on this ten day road trip. What's the routine of taoscar Hernandez. Are you eating as well as you would in La? Are you looking forward to Miami getting some real Dominican food?
Speaker 6: How are you living?
Speaker 10: I mean, I always tried to find that Latin food and it doesn't have to be Dominican. But you know, I'm trying to enjoy every city that I go, get some rest and be ready for the game.
Speaker 8: Are you a guy that likes to go out to eat or are you like the younger guys that want to just get delivered to the hotel room.
Speaker 10: It depends depends how my body is feeling. If I'm really tired, I might to stay at the hotel, order some food and have a great time in there. If not, just col Pahes and Garcia and then more of the guys and just go out and have a great time.
Speaker 8: When I was in the clubhouse at home, I heard you a few times invite Andy Pa has to come to dinner with you. Have you opened his horizons as far as showing him the good life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to you know, used to be to play good the very spot and just you know, I'm trying to take him out, making make him put his mind in something else. You know, this is a hard game. Sometimes it can get you in a place that you don't want to be in there, But trying to make everything easier for him and for the rest of the guys.
Speaker 8: He gives you a lot of credit for turning his season around. Do you believe that was part of him playing better?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 10: I man, everybody needs somebody that is there every time you're going through a bad moment or to a good moment, giving you the support that you need to get out of the struggles and to keep doing the things that you are doing. Great, So he knows I'm always going to be there for him, make him trying to make him feel better and have the better mindset to go into the game and just have to assess.
Speaker 8: We see who you are now at this stage of your career, A great teammate and inclusive teammate, who was the veteran that showed you the way when you were coming up to help you lead now in your career.
Speaker 10: Well, that's the thing, and I didn't have anybody playing that role in my career. I had it for a little bit with Kendrew's morales when I was in Toronto, but I think that was it. I didn't have anybody else take me into his wins and just show me the way. I learned that on my own, and I'm trying to make a difference, just trying to be different for the other guys.
Speaker 8: That tells me you have a great family and that was a great upbringing by you to have this type of spirit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I always trying to be a nice guy, a family guy, a great teammate, great person. And yes, I learned that from my family. My wife played a good role into that too. She's the one that always is there when the good ones and the moments are obviously my family, my parents, my brother, everybody, but my wife is the one that I was in there.
Speaker 6: Just go to Miami. How many family and friends will you have there?
Speaker 1: Not many?
Speaker 5: Not many.
Speaker 10: I don't have a lot of family in Miami. It's more up North New York and all the area over there.
Speaker 5: But not in Miami.
Speaker 8: But during the off season, that's where you put in a lot of your preparation, right in Miami.
Speaker 10: Tampa. Yeah, I live in Tampa. That's that's where I train. Between Tamba and Theminican Republic, that's where I can get ready for the season.
Speaker 6: Okay, I never knew that Florida's a big state. Tail I don't know where you are.
Speaker 10: It is big, it is big, yeah, but I'm in Tamba.
Speaker 6: How long have you had the beard for.
Speaker 10: It's been a couple of years now, maybe ten.
Speaker 6: That's the magic beard.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's the power. There is the power.
Speaker 8: So hey, Tayo, before I let you go, there's always that debate. You know, the game that's being played on the field, you have a heartbeat as a human being.
Speaker 6: What's it like to be.
Speaker 8: At the plate taking an at bat with a runner at second base or third base compared to nobody on base?
Speaker 6: Does it change thing for you as a hitter?
Speaker 10: It's obviously different. They're not going to pitch you the same. But what I do is just go there thinking there's nobody on uh and just a regular at bad don't think about driving the runner or move the runner to third base. Just just just being normal. Uh, just go through your plan and then take your regular swings, not over swinging, not trying to do too much. And uh, that's that's the way I approach it.
Speaker 8: It feels like you have situational hitting inside of you. You're not trying to do the home run derby every at bat. You know you go the other way with two outs. Is that something you've learned recently or was that always in you?
Speaker 10: No, I learned that in my career. Obviously, in my last three years, I was trying to get better with two strikes, so implementing my two strike approach. Uh, they play me pool, so it's a big space between first and second, and I know if I shoot the ball over there with the power with that I had, I had a big better chance to get ahead over there.
Speaker 8: All right, Tayo, thanks a lot for the time. Always love catching up with you. Hopefully we have more ice buckets throughout the year.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, it's a pleasure. Oh it's a pleasure to talk to us. Say so thank you.
Speaker 8: This guy is one of the best people you'll ever meet. If you see him in LA, don't be intimidated. He'll give you a big hug and maybe maybe even let you touch that beautiful beard of his. Maybe maybe Oh, there he is the man ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: What a great guy to Oscar Hernandez and David Vesey. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. How about enjoying some Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos on this Friday as you watch a little Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 3: Listen to it right here.
Speaker 2: But it's game night, it's group night, shakys dot Com leading you up to first bitch. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers in Brays starting up at three game set from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: First pitch at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup for.
Speaker 2: As it if by your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard play hard at a New Tacoma with a Knight Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the Bulls. Here Toyota Dealer today they make it easy. Grand Holmes twenty nine year old right hander two and one with a four to fifty ERA. Former first round pick at the Dodgers in twenty fourteen, never played in the big leagues for the Dodgers. Was traded to the A's and the rich Hill deal in twenty sixteen. Made his way to Atlanta. Made his major League debut in twenty twenty four making his six start this year. The Dodgers have seen him already. He allowed four runs on four hits, four walks. Back on March thirty, first to Dodgers Stadium, Yoshinobu Yama Modo on the mound for the Dodgers three two one O six rray. He was named the National League Pitcher of the Month for March and April after starting the season three and two that one six ERA and six starts. He leads the Major League in er ray and ranks among the National League leaders in opponent's batting average, strikeouts, and whip last time out five innings, three runs, five hits five strikeouts in a loss to Paul Schmes and the Pirates. Dodgers and Braves were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next of Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio netwhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves. Yoshi Amamoto and Grant Holmes have pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four fifteen. Before that, one final check from the booth. Tim neffert Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again very much. Really nice night here at Truest Park in Atlanta. Big crowd expected on this Friday night at Truest Park, and the battery outside Truest Park just packed with people with restaurants and bars and shot and all kinds of things right around the ballpark here. It's a real neat environment here in Atlanta. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will start tonight a one oh six ERA, and well that's the best er amongst starting pitchers to have at least thirty innings pitch now in this season. But he has been very good. The record three and two, but consider his last start was against Pittsburgh and Paul Skeins. He only gave up one earned run over five innings and took a tough luck loss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he did walk four in that outing over the five innings. But for Yamamoto, he just seems to be more relaxed, more in tune, and maybe a better advanced knowledge of the guys that he's pitching again. So he gets another start here tonight, And if the Dodgers are going to figure out Grant Holmes, he's pitching a little differently than what they saw him at Dodger Stadium back on March thirty. First he got tagged with a loss. He went four innings, threw a lot of pitches, but four runs, only four hints. The Oscar Hernanez had the big blast. That was a two run home run in the very first inning. But our understanding is Holmes, who throws a lot of curve balls, now is throwing a little bit more higher percentage of fastballs, trying to keep that pitch away from a lot of hitters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Grant Holmes, over a decade ago, was a first round pick by the Dodgers out of Conway, South Carolina. That was back in twenty fourteen when he was the twenty second pick overall. So Grant Holmes against Yoshinobu yama Moto. A couple of things to look for for keys tonight. For Yamamoto, see how many ground balls get hit. He's got a fifteen point increase in his ground ball percentage already from last year, so sixty two point eight percent of the time the opposition will hit the ball on the ground, largely because.
Speaker 6: Of the splitter. The splitter low.
Speaker 4: He's throwing more splitters than he is fastballs right now, so that's been effective for him. So we'll see what happens with the Yama Moto and his pitch repertoire tonight against Grant Holmes. Game one Dodgers and Braves, coming up from Truest Park in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: First pitch is next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, afterwards, I'll have all the postgame festivity, including Dodger talk as well. Dodgers, Braves, Dodgers looking to extend that five game of winning streak.
Speaker 3: Next, Enjoy everybody
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kason's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio note