Speaker 1: Orlandos Rock station rocking you on the job. It's Lynchin Taco. Good morning, time for check it out some technology news and info brought you by our daily Instagram contest. This week your chance to hop on the bright Line if you haven't tried out Brightline yet, to head to South Florida. How about going to the Dolphins Jets game on Sunday at hard Rock Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, win yourself a trip and bring somebody with you. Just go to our Jarr Instagram page. All the details are right there and it's so easy to do. It's cool, man. You take it down to Aventura right then.
Speaker 1: You hop onto the little shuttle over to the stadium. You enjoy the game, take the shuttle back to the bright Light, and you're back up here in your own bed Sunday night.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. How about that? What a great promotion again at one oh one one Wjarr. If you're not following us on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Cyber Monday was officially the biggest online shopping day ever here in the United States. Americans. We spent collectively thirteen point three billion dollars on Monday. At one point Monday night, we were spending about fifteen million dollars every minute.
Speaker 2: That's just crazy. Do you think that has to do with people are looking up to things to come? Possibly?
Speaker 1: I just you know, there's a theory that, regardless of your economic situation or concerns, buying stuff is therapeutic in some ways. So there's a degree of that till you see a credit card bill exactly. Then comes the stress and uncertainty and more stress. But I think there's a shred of what you said perhaps embedded in that that things hopefully looking up.
Speaker 2: That's what a guy, a cashier at the grocery store said to me yesterday. He said, hopefully in a couple months.
Speaker 1: All this, Uh, I just I don't know if it's just pick up a better vibe in general. I think it seems like there's a better vibe in general on a lot of I know.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people that are that are upset.
Speaker 1: I get that, I understand, but overall, it just seems like there's a better vibe. Bitcoin huge milestone top the one hundred thousand dollars mark after a massive rally the popular cryptocurrency is just I still don't really understand cryptocurrency, but a bitcoin is worth a hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Don't get it.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: Because remember at one time it was like, okay, none of this is worth anything, not not bitcoin, but the otherwise.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a whole host of cryptocurrency. It's it's it's highly volatile obviously, but I hit one hundred thousand dollars. Hopefully you have some right, right, US officials are urging US Americans too if we're not already using encrypted apps for texting.
Speaker 2: I saw that the and it's both phones. It's not just iPhone as androids as well.
Speaker 1: Right, if you text, yeah, you should be using an encrypted app. Foreign hackers have successfully accessed a lot of our information via campaign known as salt Typhoon by Microsoft. It's a hacking campaign, one of the largest in history, and it's hits AT and T, Verizon and Lumen to spy on customers. There's you know, encrypted apps available from Brier. Session signal is a good one. What app sends messages? You want to make sure you're using end to end encryption. That's okay for the layman like myself. You sending it and the person receiving it are the only ones to access it.
Speaker 2: No, I know that. But I'm saying with this these encrypted apps like WhatsApp, I know how that works because my family had We had to use that when they were in Europe instead of paying extra. So with these other texting things, can I still like have normal conversations with all my buddies in fantasy football?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah? Did they have to be using an encrypted app? They don't have to, but they should be. Okay, you don't use one yet? Not yet? No, they already all or info.
Speaker 1: I speak in code, though you would have to be able to decipher my texting code totally, which I'm being sarcastic. I actually spell out every word. I use punctuation, yes, zany, I use some capitalization where necessary.
Speaker 2: He still will use the thumbs up even though it's frowned upon.
Speaker 1: A universal plug in charge protocol for electric vehicle charging is coming in twenty twenty five. This has been one of the biggest can plaints about folks and those who are open to the idea of electric vehicles but resistant because of the pain in the ass that charging can be and there's no like uniform operation when you go say, you go hit the road and you find a charging station, somewhere you may have to download a separate app that's compatible with that particular charging station so you can access it. And oh, this is Tesla only, right, Well, Tesla actually are the ones who have come up with the plug in charge technology which is in their vehicles, and now they're getting more of the EV manufacturers to all kind of come in line with this and say, hey, look, you know, if we all start working together to have a common way for the customers to charge these vehicles, it's going to alleviate a lot alleviate a lot of issues. And yes, in the end, that's their goal.
Speaker 2: The judge Pat your honor, texted in, did Pat say billion? I yes, you heard me over here. Choke when you said that too, you were like, I think it was fifteen billion?
Speaker 1: What on Cyber Monday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, insane.
Speaker 1: Microsoft has pretty much shut down the idea of lowering the standard for current hardware to upgrade to Windows eleven. A lot of us who are using older computers and running anything underneath Windows eleven and have tried to upgrade to Windows eleven may get a message saying your hardware does not support this, which in many cases is accurate. Here's the issue. Windows ten, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with and a lot of people have, is no longer going to be supported as of October of next year. So the push has been like, hey, you know, Microsoft, why not just lower the threshold for some of the older hardware to be able to upload. Nope, not happening. Now they're trying to know not app and they've shut the door on that. They're trying to strong arm you into, you know, moving to equipment that will support Windows eleven, which you'll eventually have to do. But it's like, why do that? Why Why the expensive You've got a system that's working perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: Money all about the greedy dollar? What else we got here?
Speaker 1: Oh, if you have Max, the streaming app Max, if you've got the tier where you it's commercial free, you don't have commercials or the premium one. As of yesterday, they have now rolled out the linear linear HBO channels through Max, so you can also not only do the on demand way which the app offers now, but you can also see an access the five linear channels as well. Say you want to watch what's on you know, HBO two at any given time, you'll be able to click on that through the app. HBO Signature, HBO Comedy, HBO Zone in the flagship HB You know the ads supported tears will eventually.
Speaker 3: Be getting this, Okay, I'm not I'm not biting. I'm not adding anymore. Well, you have Max, don't I do? But I just I just you'll eventually get what I just do you have? Do you get commercials with Max? Or do you You don't? You don't even.
Speaker 2: Know what do you know? I know that I'm not going to text you anymore. I might it's gonna be encrypted.
Speaker 1: Might respond with proper punctuation.
Speaker 2: Or Salt Life. No, it's not called Salt Life. That's a company. I don't want to mix them up in it. Boy, I'm glad we're not grading you on this segment here to Somebody sent me in a text on that yesterday and I'm like, well, why are you texting me this about the encryption stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no encryption needed for Lynchin Taku's commercial free Workday Rock Block. That's just that's coming your way, unadulterated. Next right, stand by.
Speaker 2: Clinch and Talking on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is jr R. This