Speaker 1: You're listening to everything out there with your host Steve Stockton. Hello friends now. The legend of Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, has captivated the imaginations of people around the world for centuries. Described as a large, hairy, ape like creature inhabiting remote forests, Bigfoot has become an enduring mystery and a subject of intense speculation. Despite numerous reported sightings, footprints, and eyewitness accounts, the existence of Bigfoot remains unproven. This episode will explore the history, cultural significance, aledged evidence, and scientific perspectives surrounding the elusive creature known as Bigfoot. The origins of Bigfoot can be traced back to the indigenous peoples of North America, who for centuries have shared tales of large, wild, hairy beings that inhabit the dense forests. Various Native American tribes have different names and interpretations of this creature, emphasizing its cultural significance. The term Sasquatch, for example, itself, is derived from the Halkomilem language spoken by indigenous peoples in the Pacific Northwest. The first recorded encounters with a creature resembling Bigfoot in mainstream Western culture occurred in the nineteenth century. Early European settlers in North America began reporting strange encounters with large, hairy creatures, and stories of such encounters spread across the continent. These accounts laid the foundation for the modern day legend of Bigfoot. Bigfoot has become deeply ingrained in popular culture and sending its origins in Native American folklore. The creature has inspired a plethora of books, movies, documentaries, and television shows. From the famous Patterson Gimlin film shot in nineteen sixty seven th reality TV series like Finding Bigfoot, the legend of Bigfoot has permeated various forms of media, making it a cultural icon. The allure of Bigfoot lies in its mysterious nature and the sense of adventure associated with a quest for an elusive, undiscovered creature. Bigfoot has become a symbol of the untamed wilderness and the unknown, tapping into humanity's primal fear and fascination with the wild. One of the most cited pieces of evidence supporting the existence of Bigfoot is the discovery of large human like footprints in remote areas. These footprints, often measuring between fifteen to twenty four inches in length have been found in various locations around the world, with some instances dating back over a century. While many of these prints can be attributed to hoaxes or misidentifications of animal tracks, some remain unexplained, fueling speculation about the creature's existence. Sightings of Bigfoot have been reported across North America, with witnesses describing a creature standing between seven to ten feet tall, covered in dark fur, and possessing a distinctly ape like appearance. However, skeptics argue that many of these sightings can be attributed to misidentifications of known animals such as bears or large primates. In addition to both footprints and sightings, witnesses have hearing mysterious vocalizations in areas associated with bigfoot sightings. These alleged sounds include house brunts and screams that are often described as unlike any known animal. Researchers and enthusiastic alike claim that these vocalizations provide further evidence of Bigfoot's existence, while critics argue that they can be attributed to other animals or even human activities. Despite the wealth of anecdotal evidence and the passionate efforts of Bigfoot researchers. The scientific community remains largely skeptical about the existence of Bigfoot. The lack of conclusive physcal evidence, such as a body or skeletal remains, has been a significant hurdle for those advocating for Bigfoot's reality. Critics argue that many purported pieces of evidence, including footprints and photographs, can be explained through natural process, hoaxes, or misinterpretations. The scientific method demands verifiable, repeatable evidence, and until such evidence is presented, mainstream science is unlikely to accept Bigfoot a valid biological entity. One of the challenges in studying Bigfoot scientifically is the lack of a clear hypothesis about the creature's biology and behavior. Proponents of Bigfoot's existence often struggle to provide a consistent and testable model for the creature's physiology, habitat, and ecological role. Skeptics and researchers alike have proposed various explanations for Bigfoot sightings and evidence. Some suggest that witnesses may be encountering misidentified animals such as bears or large primates, as I stated earlier. Others argue that hoaxes, whether intentional or unintentional, play a significant role in perpetuating the myth of Bigfoot. Throughout history, there have been numerous instances of individuals creating fake footprints, photographs, and even elaborate hoaxes to attract attention or perpetuate the legend of Bigfoot. These hoaxes, combined with the limitations of eyewitness testimony and the human tendency to perceive patterns in random stimuli, contribute to the difficulty of separating fact from fiction in the study of Bigfoot. While the debate over Bigfoot's existence continues, the legend has had a tangible impact on the areas associated with sightings. Bigfoot hotspots such as the Pacific Northwest and parts of the Appalachian Mountains have become tourist attractions, drawing enthusiasts and curious visitors alike. Local economies have capitalized on the creature's mystique, with businesses selling Bigfoot themed merchandise and offering guided tours in some cases. The legend of Bigfoot has also played a role in conservation efforts. The idea of an undiscovered large mammal roaming the wilderness has led to increased interest in preserving the habitats where Bigfoot is said to reside. Conservation organizations have used the creature's legend to raise awareness about the importance of protecting these ecosystems and the biodiversity they contain. The legend of Bigfoot continues to captivate the public's imagination, blending folklore, mystery, and the primal fear of the unknown. While countless sightings, footprints, and vocalizations have been reported, the scientific community remains unconvinced, demanding verifiable evidence before acknowledging the existence of such a creature. Despite the skepticism, the cultural impact of Bigfoot persists, turning the elusive creature into a symbol of the wilderness and a source of fascination for generations to come. Whether Bigfoot is a mythical creature born from folklore or an undiscovered species waiting to be revealed, the legend endures, leaving the world to wonder what secrets the dense forests might still conceal. Another cryptid will be discussing tonight is the dog Man. Now in the realm of cryptozoology, a field dedicated to the study of creatures whose existence has not been proven by mainstream science, the dog Man stands as a mysterious and elusive figure described as a creature with the body of a man and the head of a canine. The dog Man has become the subject of numerous reports, sightings, and speculative theories. In this episode will also delve into the origins of the dog Man legend, its cultural significance, the legend encounters, and the scientific perspectives surrounding this enigmatic creature. Much like Bigfoot, the origins of the dog Man legend can be traced back to American folklore, particularly in the Midwest, where tales of encounters with a humanoid creature possessing K nine features have circulated for decades. One of the earliest and most well known incidents dates back to eighteen eighty seven in Wexford County, Michigan. The incident involves two lumberjacks who claimed to have encountered a creature with the body of a man and the head of a dog, sparking the beginning of the dog Man legend. These early accounts were often shared through the oral tradition, contributing to the legends evolution over time. In the nineteen eighties, the legend gained wider recognition through the song the Legend by Steve Cook, broadcast Automichian radio station. The song recounted the alleged events in Wexford County and further fueled interest in the dog Man, leading to an increase in reported sightings and encounters. Similar to other cryptids like Bigfoot or the Lognoss Monster, the dog Man has become ingrained in popular culture, inspiring a range of creative expressions. The creature has appeared in various forms of media, including literature, art, music, and television. The dog Man's dual nature, combining humanoid and canine features, adds an element of horror and fascination to its portrayal, making it a popular subject in horror stories and urban legends. The dog Man has also found a place in local folklore, becoming a symbol of the unexplored and mysterious aspects of the natural world. Communities with reported dog Man sightings often embrace the legends as part of their cultural heritage, organizing events, festivals, and even creating local businesses centered around the creature. The legend of the dog Man has therefore become a cultural touchstone, lending folklore with a modern fascination for the unknown. Reports of dog Man encounters typically describe a creature standing upright on two legs, possessing a muscular and humanoid body, but with the distinctively canine head. Witnesses often mentioned sharp teeth, pointed ears, and glowing or reflective eyes. The size of the creature is reported to vary, with some accounts describing a relatively small creature, while others depict a towering figure reaching heights of seven feet or more on The most famous alleged encounters with the dog Man occurred in nineteen sixty one in Paris, Michigan. The witness Robert Fortney claimed of seen a creature resembling the dog Man while on a camping trip. Fortney reported that the creature circled his campsite and emitted a guttural growl before disappearing into the darkness. This account, along with others, has contributed to the mystique surrounding the dog Man and has led to the creation of a community of enthusiasts and researchers dedicated to investigating the phenomenon. The scientific community largely dismisses the existence of dog Man, attributing reported sightings to misidentifications, hoaxes, or simply the influence of popular culture. Skeptics argue that eyewitness testimony is in heir unreliable, often influenced by preconceived notions, fear, or external factors. Additionally, the lack of physical evidence, such as remains, DNA samples or clear photographs, poses a significant challenge to those advocating for the reality of the dog man. Cryptozoology, the field that studies creatures like the dog man, is often criticized for its reliance on anecnotal evidence and its departure from the rigorous scientific method. The burden of proof rests on those claiming the evidence of such creatures, and until verifiable evidence is presented, mainstream science will remain skeptical. Skeptics and researchers propose several explanations for reported dog man encounters. One common suggestion is that witnesses may be encountering non animals, so as large canids, wolves or coyvities, bears, or even misidentified humans. The human tendency to perceive patterns and familiar shapes, known as paradolia, could also contribute to the misinterpretation of ordinary objects or animals as something more mysterious. Hoaxes are another prevalent aspect of the dog Men phenomenon. The allure of perpetuating a crypted legend, gaining attention, or simply having a bit of fun has led some individuals to create elaborate hoaxes, including stage photographs, fictional eyewitness accounts, and even fabricated physical evidence. These hoaxes not only muddy the waters for legitimate researchers, but also contribute to the skepticism surrounding the dog Man. While the scientific community remains unconvinced, the legend of the dog Men continues to thrive in popular culture, manifesting in various forms of entertainment. Books, movies, documentaries, and podcasts explore the myth, contributing to its perpetuation and the ongoing fascination with Drifts. Communities associated with reported dog Man's sightings have embraced the legend, incorporating it into local lore and tourism. Vestivals, guided tours, and events centered around the creature attract both enthusiasts and curious visitors, injecting economic vitality into these regions. The legend of dog Man stands as a testament to humanities and during fascination with the mysterious and unknown. Rooted in American folklore and perpetuated through the decades, the dog Man has become a cultural icon, inspiring creativity, speculation, and a sense of wonder. While the scientific community remains skeptical and emphasizes the need for verifiable evidence, the legend persists, leaving us to ponder the thin line between myth and reality, whether the dog Man is a creature that eludes scientific understanding or merely a product of humans imagination. Its impact on culture and enduring a lord of the unknown continue to shape our perception of the crypted world. Well again, and welcome back to everything out there. Steve Stockton here with you tonight. Joining me on the phone is Darryl Denton, a friend of mine runs Bigfoot Believers and Other Creatures group on Facebook. Daryl, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Save Honored to be on here with you, brother, Thanks for asking me.
Speaker 1: Oh, excited to have you here. I'm member of your group. I think I'm an admin over there, and I believe you tag me as a group expert. I don't I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: But uh, we all know there is no expert. It's just a technical phrase that book allows us to use.
Speaker 1: So yeah, usually if if I hear somebody introduce as an expert, I go the other way because can't be an expert in stuff that you don't have proof for it necessarily. Now, I've had some experiences and stuff myself, but and I've studied this stuff since years, you know, since the late sixties, early seventies, and I've got.
Speaker 2: A I've been a huge train for a long time. I can't remember. I know that yours was about the first one I started listing two years ago, have a meaning that was but still still my favorite one.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that there, And yeah, I just you know, had an interest in the strange, the paranormal, the unusual from early childhood due to some experiences I had, and then got into the cryptids, probably early seventies when I was still small, still in the single digits and just kind of lights me up. And I've had, you know, just a lifetime of that. And I've lived in the Pacific Northwest and had some experiences out there and some almost sighting. So one time, I'll talk about that one later. But what was your experience what got you into the Bigfoot and other cryptids and creatures.
Speaker 2: Well, I was growing up in Tennessee. You know, I had I honted a lot. I was any kind of whatever season was over, you know me open, I mean me and my dad, my brothers or my grand you know and my granddad or my uncles. We would We always hunted. That was just part of growing up there. That was part of the life we lived. And I never really I believe that possibly, you know, things lived. I just didn't think we had any quit you know, large creatures like a bigfoot in Tennessee. But uh, that's what got me in. In November of ninety two, I was at my grandfather's farm where I'd hunted all my life and it was a pretty large farm. And when his farm ended, he had close friends that joined his farm and I can hunt there or two. I didn't care. I didn't mind at all. In November the sixth of nineteen ninety two, I was in my tree staying and this monster came out of the out of the big cane taking on the crete river bank. And that's what got me started in. It just literally scared me to death. Tell me about six or seven years to get over that. So that's what got me into it.
Speaker 1: Now, this this monster is he describing you think it was a big foot or sometime it was a dog man, some kind of bipedal creature, or what was your impression of it?
Speaker 2: Oh, No, it was definitely a big foot, and I did a lot of research on it. And after that happened, and you know, there wasn't a lot to research in ninety two. I mean, I don't even think I had a cell phone then, but you know, there wasn't any Google or computer stuff that I knew how to operate, or the ever ridden near anybody that had one. So I might me spend my time at the libraries and stuff trying to find pictures of this thing I'd seen. And my granddad told me when I ran back to the house terrified. You know, it was a good ways from where i'd hunted at before. There it was like two or three hollows over and it was a lot deeper in where I had not hunted before. And he told me what i'd seen. He called it a wood burger, and I'd never heard of a wood burger, and you know, he was I was pretty frightened, and I started going to the libraries and places like that trying to find pictures of these bigfoot and just happened to be a page in there that showed I believe it said ten different type of bigfoot creatures. And I don't know how many there are different ones, but that's what it's said. I think there's probably even more than that different, but now I do, since I've learned so much over the years. But the number two in the picture, it said number two Woodburger. That was the second picture in that in that particular book that I looked at, and it looked just like what I'd seen, except the eyes were read in this picture, and the one I seen just had dark eyes with yellow or white around the people. So that's what got me into it. I became terrified and trying to figure out what i'd seen.
Speaker 1: And I've heard that term wood booger when I was grown up in Tennessee, and another one I used to hear my granny called it. She was in case Coverty the Smokies. She called a run at you. She said, now there's run atches out there. And I said what's that and she said, oh, you'll find out. I said, it'll run at you. So I never had any real what I consider bigfoot experiences in East Tennessee, but I knew people that did years before it was a thing to talk about. I heard some stories when I was doing my first book, Strange Things in the Woods, about what sounded like Bigfoot type creatures from in the mid to late sixties in East Tennessee. But you know, there wasn't really known or talked about at that time, around that times when you had the Patterson Gimblin.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, that definitely was what put in the nineteen sixty seventh pictures. Definitely what put Bigfoot on the map. Yeah, by far Right, and my friend Dad had saying these creatures. You know, he never told me about a big fit and I thought they might exist or in never thought about it a lot. But if they did, it was probably out on the Pacific North Coach, you know, Washington or Oregon or British Columbia or somewhere around that area California. I didn't didn't know they were in Tennessee, but they are and they still are, and I've had many encounters and experiences since then. But my granddad said he was ninety two years old at that time, lived out in the middle of nowhere bysel My grandmother and he were still married. They were married for seventy nine years, but she lived in town. She wanted modern conveniuses and he didn't. So after you know, he told me, I've seen four. My granddad always called me boy. He never called me by my name. He called me boy. He said, I've seen four in my lifetime, and I've heard a lot more than that. And know they were watching me, but I couldn't see him. And I said, well, why didn't you tell me about it? Those times? They said, what if I did, you'd never hunted in the woods, or camped in the barn, or camped out with your friends and family cousins here. So I didn't want to mess up your adventure. And he was probably wrong about that. If I didn't know most things existed, I wouldn't have been camping out or in the woods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's something to be said for that. We lived out in the country. I had a twenty six and a half acre farm, and I spent most of my time in the woods. I never did see anything like that that I considered a big boot, but I had some strange experiences and things out there a couple of I've been scared three times in my entire life, and two of them happened there, or well, one of them a real scary one second most time been scared. But like I said, that one story that I collected, I heard a similar story from two different people right around the same area, so I think that was probably the same one. And then my dad's from over on the Cumberland Plateau of the Benches County, and I heard a story from a guy that lived over there close to where my dad grew up. Guy that lived in the other next farm over several miles away, had gashed his leg open with an axe and they'd called an ambulance to come and pick him up. Ambulance was run the code, so they had the sirens going. And this guy he lived, I think to the east of where this other farm was. Well, he said, to the west. When that siren went by, he heard some kind of creature calling back that was making a similar whooping sound of what that ambulance was. And he said it made all the hair raise up on the back of his neck. But that place over there, there's their farm, the family farm where my dad grew up. It's over nine hundred and something acres and backed up to the Big South Fork on the Tennessee side, and he talked about a place that, as people say, look, squatchy, it's over there. There's a lot of Native American stuff over there, a lot of bluffs and places where they lived, worked and things, and could go over there when they plowed the fields. After they plowed in the first rain, you could walk those fields and find arrowheads and stuff on top of the ground. So there's been people that lived in there for millennia. But there's you get that feeling that there's something watching you in there. You get far enough out in the woods, and I've had that in the Smokies too. Again, never saw anything in the Smokies. The strangest non encounter that ever had was in just outside Damascus, Virginia. I was doing a little bit on the Appalachian Trail and i'd gone off trails in the middle of the night. I had a headlamp on, and something started pelting me with just small round river rocks and I wasn't anywhere near a river, and They're just coming out of the woods like in a straight line. They weren't like somebody was bobbing them. They just flying. I didn't even feel them hitting me. But I heard them hitting the ground and I picked one up and it was warm to the touch. And I'd been hearing, you know, some tree knocks and some warps and stuff. And when it started throwing rocks at me, I thought, you know, I better turn around and go another way, and I did. And I've since thought about that, and I don't think they were after me. I think they were warning me against something. I think if i'd continued on the path I was on, there was probably a bear or a big cat or something back there that I didn't want to run into in the dark.
Speaker 2: Well, what I've learned from these creatures. You know, it took me a long time ago my first encounter, because I was quite fearful of even going to woods anymore. I didn't hunt for about seven years, and you know, it was very strange. I had not mayors and everything for quite a long time. And the first two or three weeks after that, you know, I had friends that were still hunting there with me. We had my camp right in next to the barn, and they hunted and I stayed in the house and my granddad. I didn't hunt the rest of the time. That was opening day that I had. That happen in black Powder season, and you know, I found out over since then. If I hadn't run into the second plan I run into on the Common River, I probably would have never gotten over it. But those are so different than the first one I'd seen, and they really become my friends. I visit them early every day, and that was by complete accident. I was fishing when one of them were kept stealing my men a bucket. But there's a lot of different type of these creatures. I've learned that there's the real friendly type that make the exes in the woods large exes, and then there's other ones that are those what I call the real forest people. The other ones are a sasquatch or a bigfoot, which are very similar, some of them looking to those. But a lot of those aren't very friendly. They're aggressive, they'll bluff charge you. They just don't like humans and don't want to be around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I heard other people talk about that how they're just like any kind of animal, if that's indeed what they are. That the ones like, you know, you go to one area the squirrels, or this way, you go somewhere else the squirrels or maybe darker. You've got the red squirrels and dogs. Look how many different dog breeds there are, yet they're all dogs. So I agree. And heard some stories about Mount Shasta, and I've been up there a couple of times. That's a weird place. But I interviewed a girl who lived in Texas and just felt a pull to Shasta. She quit her job and bought a bunch of outdoor equipment and went and lived on the slopes in Shasta for I think five months, and she encountered She called them three people, and they were friendly and benevolent and stuff to her. But so that's not always the case. And again, I think it's just just like people, there's good and bad, and I think it's that way with Sasquatch or save or bigfoot or whatever you want to call it. And I met Bob Gimlin at I was in Squatch Fest in Longview, Washington. Went up there a couple of times when I lived in Oregon. But he seems sincere. He just I think he's in his nineties or something now, but just to hear him recount it and just you know, he just he seems very genuine.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, you know I don't know how anybody couldn't believe in the Patterson gamblin. I mean, it's been deep by everybody in the industry that's tried to break it down that it wasn't what it was. And I think MK Davis probably done him and Thinker Thocker I thought, probably done the best obserbitation on the breaking down the body parts and the muscles of anybody I've seen. So yeah, it's definitely incredible. I don't know how anybody could make.
Speaker 1: Us say, try to claim that it's a costume stuff. But if you look at costumes in TV and film at that time, they didn't have the know how to make anything that convincing. I mean, you watch Gillian's Island. You know the guy in the Grilla costume at the Beverly Hill Bill. He said, you can tell it's a costume, but that and the thing that got made was the part that gives aways. The female has those pendulous breasts and they kind of swing or swing. Nobody would have been thinking about that. If they're making a costume.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of hard to find a seven and a half foot they're estimating female running around, or even a male. There's not very many seven and a half foot people. So yeah, that alone now to get people's attention. Plus you know, the gate and the walk is so different than a human, especially the arms swing. Yeah, it's pretty credible. I'm one that believes in.
Speaker 1: It, and I believe in it. Just threw my own studying into it. And like I said, the gate and just the different parts of it, I think they encountered whatever that was and it really was something non human or at least partially human.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I truly believe these things are an ancient people. I don't think they're an ape at all. I took a long time, and the ones on the river, I was with them for about nearly three years, or a little longer than three years. But I learned a lot from them, and they do have their own language. They do no human language, and I have some American Native blood and met My grandmother was Lakota sue, so I know the Lakota language most of it and I can speak it. And I introduced them as a chai U Tako, which means big elder leader of the forest, and they knew exactly what I was talking about. So it was pretty amazing, you know. I tried my best to get them to talk to me. Just nearly every time I go in, i'd tell them my name, Please tell me your name. I don't think I've ever told this on anybody's show before, but my closest friends know about it. I've told them years ago. But I did this for maybe two and a half years. Every time I go in, and when I was leaving, I would say bye. And I actually gave these ancient people, which I call the poorest people, some whistles, some plastic whistles. I gave them everything. I'd give them different gifts, but I gave them some of these plastic whistles. And every time I'd go in, they would start blowing the whistles. They knew it was me, they knew my voice said blow these whistles and get excited, and you could hear them running and jumping and everything else until I got in and got set down. Then I'd stopped blowing them. But you know, I asked them for a long time, please tell me your name, And I didn't really realize. I never heard them speak a sentence. But the female that was the one I was most friendly with, she wasn't a grown one. She was a juvenile, mid juvenile, over five foot, but they're very intelligent. And I went in and I said, my name is Daryl. Please tell me your name, and I would practically that gave it up. I thought, well, maybe they can't talk for that, I know what I'm saying. And I was looking away and she went Aliatha, real out of deep voice, Aliath, And I thought, what what do you did you say that? I just looked at her. I kept looking. I said, Aliatha is your name? And she shook her head and it was I got two words out of that plan in over three years, and that was one of them. And they do know who Jesus Christs are. Now, these are the forest people, the ones that make the exes in the woods. I never heard sentences or any thing like that, but I did get a name out of her, and it was very important. At that time, I was excited. I couldn't believe that they could even speak a word. But uh, you know, since then, I've heard you know quite a few people doctor Matthew Johnson. Lot people think doctor j is crazy. I don't at all. After what I experienced on the river for about three years. He experienced a lot of the things I did, and I didn't even know about him, but I found out about him probably ten years after all that happened. And he's had a lot of similar experiences, and he's had a lot more direct conversation with him than I have. I've never heard him speak sentences or anything like that, but a word I did get out of that female, and I'll never forget that moment. It was very extraordinary. Once you said I leave, I thought, and I've never forgot that name.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. That is some story there, darn some experience that you had. And that's the thing. You know, when people that are skeptics or non believers try to deboke stuff, you know, I know what in my experiences. I know what I've seen, I know what I felt, I know what I heard, and nobody's ever going to convince me otherwise. I mean, it'd be like turning on your stove by and then putting your hand on it and then somebody tell you that ain't hot, it didn't burn you.
Speaker 2: I know, I gave up back you know when it when I had my first encounter, you couldn't tell anybody. I mean, you tell your friends. I even asked my friends were hunting. I said, you ever seen anything down in these woods? As long as we've been coming here, We've been coming there four or five years. We'd stay a whole week of opening black powder, which we call muzzle n And they said, no, what are you talking about? And all my friends always called me big D because I'm you know, I'm six five and two to eighty and I've been called that a long time. And I said, what do you mean big D? When Scott asked me, I said, like a big fer it and they all started laughing. I said, you had too much drink last night. I said no, I didn't have anything to drink. And I just kind of let it go with that. But you couldn't discuss it then. You know, thirty years ago, it's been over thirty years now. There was no format. There were no podcasts, no radio shows, no shows like here you have here. There was no Facebook. I mean, you couldn't discuss that type time. People thought you were absolutely crazy, and thank goodness, my best friend of forty two years, Martin Groves. About a year later, he had an encounter in the lba Alam between the Lakes of a dog man trying to attighten kill him, and you know, he was a really close friend, you know, and I would discuss some of this and talk back and forth because he couldn't tell anybody either. At that time, he was a Sheriff's department employee, been there a long time, retired after thirty two years. Now, you know, I was an elected official in the same county, and it was difficult. He couldn't tell anybody. If you mentioned it to him, they thought, you know, this guy's crazy. But thank goodness for this day and time when you have a formaute like you have, it's really changed, and I think there's a big reason to you hear so many encounters and so many experiences from people now, so thank you for having this.
Speaker 1: Oh it's my pleasure. And that's the thing. There's people in all cultures, in all countries and all walks of life that have seen and had these experiences. And that could be said just about anything in the paranormal. But sasquatch, bigfoot, save whatever we want to call it. It's it's not only nationwide, it's worldwide. And there seems to be different types of them. Like I was talking about the different breeds of dogs and stuff, you know, in Florida. You've got the Skunkcape up here in New England. The bigfoot creatures look different in the Bennington Triangle. In that area, they're they're similar, but they're different than the ones in the Pacific Northwest, which are different than the ones that are even in northern California, Mount Shasta. They seem to be different than the ones in Washington and Oregon.
Speaker 2: So you been going Alaska that area, you know there's ten twelve taller ones sing up there. It seems like it's a whole different type breed of this creature. I'm not sure that it is. My good friend Ron here, it's been there several times, and you know, I think it's probably a different type. Uh you know, forest person myself or Boris Sasquatch, or a bigfoot, one of the one of the three. Of course, they're called by indigenous names, ever were different than you know, my people call them the harry mayn. There's so many names for the creature that everybody calls it a different name, depending on the native heritage they are or the air they're living in. But you know, I got to the point where I already didn't care what anybody thought. I mean, I'm still there. If you don't believe me, I don't care. I never try to convince anybody. I don't care where they believe me or not. I know what I've seen, I know where I lived, and you know, if they don't. If they don't believe that, that's quite fine with me, go right ahead and believe that way.
Speaker 1: Agreement with you there, brother. And that's another thing that all these indigenous people Native American tribes, they all have a legend and across all the different tribes runs in the Southwest, the ones in the Northwest, the ones up here, the Algonquins, and and the Seminole in Florida. They've all got that legend in there. And these were people that didn't communicate. You know, it's certainly not like we do. But you know you live back then on the other side of the country that you never saw those other tribes and things first likely, but to have those same stories, that's true ism. I think that that puts some some truth in some weight into it. And not just hear Canada everywhere.
Speaker 2: I think one thing that I see all the time, even in my group, and you know, everybody seems to think that these things are all friendly. They're not all friendly. I mean, you got you better get the right kind. You don't know what you're going through the field and experiencing. Because the only way I know how to tell the forest people from the big Foot of the sass, which I call them the X markers. These creatures are very territorial and you don't come in their territory without their permission, and they're pretty sincere about that against the other what I call different types of them, which would be a sass or a Bigfoot. So those X markers are all over the woods. If you find the forest people, they'll be on the floor of the trail. They'll be huge trees making axes. And I learned a lot from those on the river because I got very fortunate. If they were the real forest people, they weren't. They were never aggressive towards me. They were very friendly. I didn't see the whole clan, never did. I an't seen three of them, but I can hear them in there. They were in a huge patch of what I call kadzu. It looks like vines, and it was just went down the river bank for miles. It was real thick and it was hard to see in there. But the three that I got to see regularly that light me. Those were friendly. You know, they're cautious because they're afraid of humans, because humans have hurt their families over the years, and they're scared of them. It takes a long time to be able to trust with them, and it took me a long time. And I was there nearly every day. Sometimes i'd stay the night with them, and you know, I wasn't sleeping with them, but I was not too far from where they were at, and they came to know me, and they first of all these things, how they do it, I don't know. They can read your heart, your intentions and why you're there. I don't know how they do this, but I know that to be true because it's been several times when I started to do something or say something or give them something, they already knew what I was thinking. I know that probably sounds crazy to people, but these things are so intelligent. They have some special abilities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm that they can speak to you without using their mouth, that they can hear and understand. They've got some kind of sixth sense or something that either we don't have any more that we've got and don't know how to use I think they're more evolved than we are in sum regards.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. You know Ron Morehead. You know, if you've ever ever read a book called Ron Moorheads got the best book that I think breaks down and explains is called The Quantum, and it breaks down how they transfer this energy and they can go interdimensional. When I say interdimensional, you can't sing them. You can see them outlines. Sometimes I haven't seen one just do that right in front of me, but I'm sure that I've walked through some areas where they were. But they also have abilities to mind speach, I think, is what you were getting at. And I have personally never mind spoke with them. They did try to mind speak with me. I was, god frankly stared to open my mind up like that because I was afraid they not harm me. Because they can control your mind, you know, and talk to you like that, then there might be something to come about that that you may not want to be involved in them. But I've got good friends. Scott Tis is probably the best in the world at mind speaking, and you know they do it regularly with them. I personally haven't, but I've seen their abilities their abilities are amazing. What they can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's these people that remote view and stuff, and just the accuracy that some of them have it is amazing. And I've heard people talk about before that whatever these creatures are hominids or humanoids or inhumanoids as Barton would call them, they have the ability to vibrate eat. I don't know if it's a higher or lower frequency than we do, but they seem to be able to do it. It will. Comedian Mitch Hedbergh once quipped that every picture of Bigfoot is blurry because Bigfoot is blurry. It's an actual picture. The creature is blurry. You know. There's probably a little bit of truth in that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a higher energy. They transform it into a higher energy if you read If anybody's ever read Quantum by Ron Moorehead and they'll understand a lot more about it. I think he's got it figured better than anybody.
Speaker 1: But I haven't read that, but I certainly will. I just added it to my Amazon cards, So there you go. Thank the great book.
Speaker 2: You know, you've also got you know, other people that have different ideas and have done different things with these creatures too, which have actually seen them cloak and go inter dimensional. I personally haven't, but I did see one go behind a tree one time, and I walked right to the tree and never did find him. So I don't know where he went, but he went somewhere. And uh, they're you know, getting back to Martin Onley. You know, Barton has never had a good experience with a forest person or a bigfoot. And quite frankly, I understand why, because you know, Barton is one of my closest friends, and and Martin Groves and Ron Moorhead are my team, and Billy Howell I intend to see me and him do a little research. He used to do a lot together. But when you got those guys like like Ron, who's experienced some craziness, and you know Barton and he grew up in Kentucky and these things are trying to break in his house and kill him and his family every night, he was terrified of him. He never had a good experience with any of them. And I've told him for years, I said, Barton, I mean, you just haven't been around the right ones. They're not all like that. They're like people. There's bad and good and all animals too. Ye And you know, he never had that, and just recently he feels different about that. He and I were in the run Pueen the Lakes back in October, he I and Martin Groves and Ron moorehead. We had a cabin back in there and stayed three nights and we had a family of bigfoot right next to the cabin and they were just making all kinds I haven't He was actually filming me on a personal podcast he had for one of my experiences, and these things were breaking lambs right behind us. You could hear them, you can see shouts of them going back behind the woods. And he was just he said, I can't believe it. I can't believe these things aren't. You know they're here. They're not attacking me, you know, because like I said, it was an experience for heal because he realized they're not all out to kill you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I believe that's true. And a lot of times I think they know your intent. If you're coming in there to try to disrupt or hunt them or something like that, they know that, and you won't have any experience work, you'll have a bad experience. Now, what do you make of some of these historical experiences like the Ape Canyon attacks with those miners who're supposedly attacked. What do you think that just they were in a place that they shouldn't have been and they upset these people or the.
Speaker 2: You know that I don't know what type of creature that was, but I'm familiar with the eight attack, and if I remember correctly, one of those minors shot one of them off of bluff.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I mean if you, first of all, if you go in there with the wrong intent and just shoot one of these creatures for no reason at all, it's really no different than somebody's shooting your brother or one of your family members. I mean, they're going to retaliate. So you know, first of all, you're in their area. They're very territorial, I mean very territorial. They don't want you to come in their area without permission, and if you do, then they're going to retaliate and try to run you out by different means, like you said, throwing small gravels or bluff charging or yelling or screening at you or whatever they feel like doing. But when you go in with an intention and shoot one of them, you've kind of opened up your own war, and I think that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you declared war on them in their territory, so of course they're going to retaliate. And you know that was they called them ape men. They didn't know what else to as. That was back in the nineteen twenties when there was right, you know, not all this modern concept to bigfoot and stuff now that the nave of American stories are older than that. But I believe something happened to them up there. And I talked to somebody that was part of a paranormal investigation team in California that had gone up there, and they think they found the site of that original cabin. They found some had made nails and with the roof beams or something, I think, But in that area, if that entire story is true, there should be a skeleton of that one the guy claimed he shot off the bluff, unless I think. And that's another thing that you hear a lot of skeptics say, well, how come we've never found a carcass or we've never found a skeleton. Who's to say they don't bury their dead like we did.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what they did with their dead, and I've been asked that many times, and other people has to speculated. But these things are I know people think may think I'm crazy, but these things are not an ape. Say that again. They're not an ape. These are an ancient people. And I asked the ones on the river many times, where are you from? They never answered, but they pointed up in the sky and I said, are you from another galaxy or another planning? I asked them that several times, and they did shake their head in acknowledgment. I asked them, if you know Jesus Christ. They shook their head and acknowledgement. These things are a lot more intelligent than you think they are, and they don't want to let you. They don't want to let people know that they're capable of doing things like that. They want to play kind of dumb because they don't trust you. So now, some of the type out there, like I said, are not like those. I do think some of them will kill you. I do think if you go to the doctor. Matthew Johnson's any calls them the traycon the bad ones, and I don't doubt that that's not the name for them. I haven't conversated with these forest people like he has, and I wish I could, but I have it. But they were there killers, and I do think they will kill you and eat you and scatter your bonds through the woods. So a lone hoker is not a very smart guy out of the middle of nowhere. And I've done it before myself, but I don't do it any longer. But you don't need to go into woods by yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's me. I've hiked all over the Smokies and did about three months on the Appalachian Trail one time. I went from Georgia up into Virginia. Just took my time doing it, got off the trail a lot. But you couldn't pay me to get out there and hike alone. Now, not after the type videos that I do. These people that go missing and that disappear, there's something out there in the woods now, a lot of it. It's not as mysterious as people think. It can be explained people over confident, ill prepared, didn't take enough supplies with them, or they thought they you know, it never happened to me. But then there are some that just don't have any rational or reasonable explanation. I think occasionally that there's something out there that takes people. Now, it may be a human predator, it may be a big cat, it may be a bear. But with animal attacks and things like that, there will be forensic evidence. And some of these people when they disappear, they're never a shred of evidence. Maybe some bootprints you can see where they were, and then they're just not.
Speaker 2: And you know, since you got into the missing but them keeping up with yours, and they're pretty awesome stories. But you know, I do believe that. I don't do. I think it's all Bigfoot taking these people. No, not my any rods. I'm not even sure Bigfoot archasing them. That's my own guess. But I'm sure there's probably other cryptids or creatures that are taking them, you know. I don't know. God's seen two dogs man, and I didn't believe in those forever, but I've seen the first one in Tazewell County, Virginia, the last one in October this twenty twenty two with Martin Groves in the Land between the Lakes. And they do exist, and that's the only ones I've ever seen. I've never seen an Adian or anything like that, but I know those things exist, and I wouldn't be surprised if some type of creature is not taking these people. Now. I haven't seen what they call a clear man. I don't know what you actually call it. It looked like a piece of shram wrap in the woods and it shrinks, And I've seen one of those in the Shenandoah National Forests that scared me to death. I couldn't believe what I was saying. I don't know what it is, but it was something clear that was walking between a tree and between another tree, and I watched it go down a woodline and disappear. So I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Some people call it the glimmer man or the predator type creature. I had an experience with one of those, but it was in the city. So when I lived in Portland, Oregon, I was downtown late at night. I'd been to an event at Palace Bookstore Palace City Books and Things about eleven o'clock and I was waiting on the commuter train to get back to my part of Portland, and at the train station, I saw something shimmering over on the corner. It looked like it was between like a lamp post and a permanent garbage can there, and I thought it was steam coming up out of vents in the street there, but it was in the warm weather, and I thought, well, that's weird. So I walked over there and a byt the time I got up close to where it was, I noticed not only is there not any vents there, but whatever it was, and it was short stature anyway, it would have been less than four feet tall, but it was a human type shape and it just kind of squatted down behind that garbage can. And what I call my granny senses, she was empathic in things, and every nerve in my body tingled, and I thought, I need to get out of here, and I ended up crossing the street against traffic and ran through the traffic to get away from whatever it was, hoping that it wouldn't chase me. Went several blocks on up to the next train station. It didn't follow me as far as I know, But that was it was just like you said. It looked it was an outline of a human, but you could see through it. It looked like plastic or saran wrap, or kind of like the heat waves that you see coming off the road in the summertime. It was kind of shimmering and it just squatted down and I nope. So I never didn't go in downtown Portland anymore after dark.
Speaker 2: They can't realize these creatures. You know, everybody has a thought theory that these creatures are way out in the forest, and there's a lot of them that are out in the forest, but they're in town too. I mean, if there's a funnel way from a woodline that goes into the forests down to an area of town, they're there. I've had I've got plenty of documented calls from people in Tennessee. Heartsville, Tennessee, is a perfect example of a lady there that call U numerous times back in two thousand and ten or eleven and said, you know, I was told to call you. I've got one of these big foots over here at my house and it scared me to death at night. So long story short, I went to her house twice at night, didn't see a thing. I was there two nights all night long, did not see nothing. And then she told me again, she goes, they're back, and I said, well, they've probably seen me and they come back because I'm not there. But she actually had footage of these things coming out of the woods, and they were coming out behind a restaurant in downtown. Of course, Heartsell, Tennessee, is not a big downtown, but it's still in the middle of town, around houses, around sub divisions. And they were getting into the dumpster of this restaurant and taking bags of food scraps out of it and walking off into the woods. And there's been numerous encounters of this happening. I've had numerous people call me about it, and also numerous encounters of dog men just walking around in the middle of downtown Maryville, Tennessee. So it sounds crazy, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but yeah, the one eye witnessed sighting that I had what I believe was a big foot or sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It wasn't out in the woods at all. I was living in a little town called Saint Helen's, Oregon. It's just outside Portland and kind of like Mayberry. It's a small town. You ever seen the Disney movies about Halloween Town. That's where that was shot. Was in Saint Helen's and I was out. I smoked at the time. I quit smoking a little over a year ago. I was smoking at the time and up until recently. I've been a lifelong insomniac. It's about two or three o'clock in the morning. I'd walked out in the driveway to have a cigarette, and I could see up to the street that went by. I lived on a little dead end street, and whatever this thing was, it came walking down the sidewalk, or it might have been the edge of the road. I don't think there was a sidewalk on that side of the road, but it was. I could tell it was a big person, and it looked like maybe they were wearing a fur coat, and it had that weird gait, swinging their arms and taking these huge steps, and it passed in front of a stop sign and kept going on down the street out of sight, and I thought, what when the world was that? I'm going to go get a look at that. And I heard my grandmother's voice, not audibly, but just in the back of my mind, saying, what you need to do is get your butt back in the house and leave that alone. And so I went in and stayed there. But I walked up there the next day where I saw it pass by that stop sign, and that stop sign on the post was a lot higher than I thought it was. The thing's head was up near the top of the stop sign. It would have had to been oh between seven and eight feet tall, and it looked like said like it was wearing a fur coat. It didn't have much of a neck that I could see. Its head was kind of almost a gum drop shaped or something. It was just sat right down on its shoulders, swinging its arms, taking these big steps, and it was shiny. It wasn't raining, but it looked like somebody wearing a wet fur coat. And I could see the street lights letting off of but it was it had a destination in mind. It wasn't looking around. It was just you know, moving on. But that's an area, you know, that's not Saint Helen's Oregon is not that far from all the other Mount Saint Helens is in Washington, but Saint Helens, Oregon is called that because on a clear day you can see Mount Saint Helens from there. But that's the only eye witness thing. And I've seen some footprints and things. I was up in Washington State when I lived in Vancouver, Washington. I'd gone up in April or May spring, but had gone up. There's still snowlighte if you in the Gifford Pincho National Forest, which they've had a lot of sightings up there. And I was with a friend and we drove up above the snow line. I just wanted to see some snow and I walked up in the snow and there right in the edge of the snow line, there was one footprint, barefoot, huge, like something had been walking along that snow line and just at a traversing at an angle and it just put one foot over in the snow. But it was a huge And ain't nobody gonna be up there walking around barefoot And it was cold up there. So they've seen the footprints and then they had that one sighting. But I've heard them and I've sensed them more. Like I said, there's places, even in the Smokies that I've been in where you feel like you're intruding and better behave yourself, or better yet, go somewhere else. And I know we did a video about feral people that my wife Nicole wrote, and I think a lot of this what people claim it's feral people. It's not feral humans as we know them at all. But these three people as you call them, and I've had people come at me about that and say, well, you don't think that people could really hide in the forest and not be seen. Oh, if you don't believe that, then you've never been far enough back in the deep woods. I've been some places in the Smokies that you know, I'm not talking about the trails and the stuff for the tourists. I'm talking about deep woods backcountry. So you could there could be a whole family living back there. There probably are now, there are people that go off grid. Dwight McCarter, who was a ranger in the Smokies. He's retired now. He talked about there were people that lived in the Smokies. He didn't come right out and say that they were sasquatch or bigfoot of tree people. He said, there's some people that like their privacy, and people try to poo poo that and debunk it. But then you have Eric Rudolph the bomber. It was the top of the FBI's Most wonder list. This was a man with no outdoor experience, no survival training or anything. He hid out in Nantahala National Forest for several years and the only way he got caught he was coming into a little town there, like you were talking about with Sasquatch. He was riding the dumpster outside of the little convenience store, getting the expired little debbies and twinkies and stuff out of the garbage that they'd thrown away. That's how he got caught. So yeah, you absolutely can anything out there, human and otherwise. And then the thing about the carcass that I was talking about that I've been all in the woods most of my life. I've never seen a bear carcass. The only deer carcass I've ever seen was where somebody was poaching or hunting out a season that had left it out there. You don't see any kind of carcass out.
Speaker 2: There, not a lot, because you've got so many scavengers first of all, that take care of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the smaller creatures would make some work of that. So I don't think that's evidence that it doesn't exist because they've never found a skeleton or a dead one.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the Smokies had a lot of things. It's had some mysterious place there really is. You get in some of those mountains and there's there probably never been a person walked through there, So.
Speaker 1: I agree, maybe indigenous people or something. I've said that in all seriousness that I've been places where I'm probably the only Caucasian person and I'm an eighth Cherokey that's ever set a foot back in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that. I mean, i'd say there was even probably some you know, American daties across some of these areas. And you get up into some of the deep forests, like you're talking about the Smokies, which go you know, all over the backside of Tennessee and North Carolina, and there's some woods in there that are just nothing but just go for miles and they're dance and thick, and I don't know how you would ever cover it all, you know, it would be difficulty.
Speaker 1: A lot of the indigenous people's they had areas that they avoided, that they wouldn't go into, and things, there was stuff in there that you don't want to mess with. And uh, a lot of these places that have hell or devil in the name seem to be that. Now again, I don't know if that's if they were so named because of the stuff that happens there, or just simply the act of naming it that attracted stuff there. Like the concept of a tulper or something like that.
Speaker 2: You said that, stay, You're exactly right. Some things that are named would devil or something. I don't it seem to have some type of mysterious thing going on there. The area that Martin Grove has had his first encounter was called Devil's Backbone, and the area that we seen the bigfoot was on the outside of Devil's backbone. We were sitting, not a bigfoot, I'm sorry, a dog man last October of twenty two. That was the backside of the Devil's backbone. And I've heard of other people seeing different type things or even as far as that goes, even seeing some type of entities or ghost type creatures in those areas. So they were definitely named that for a reason. I don't know what the reason was. It was before my time, but I'm sure it had something to do with something evil being there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Now, you mentioned that you'd had a dog man sighting. Could you tell us about that. I'm fascinated by that and I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well. My first jog man sighting was in October of twenty one, and I've been sick that that file I'd had eye surgery and I had time to do a few things. And I actually sitting in an old country stoer here in the morning at times and drank coffee with just the farmers, you know. We sat there. It's a little gas station stower, cold country stoer, and I was sitting in there that morning and this gentleman comes in with his that's what I thought was his son. And the guy who owns this particular store is Indian descent, and he can't speak Amish real well, and he doesn't understand sometimes what they're saying. And this gentleman walked up to him, and he had been out getting gas in front, and he said, do you know anything about creatures living around here? And I was sitting at this table maybe teen foot from him, and it just caught my ear or the creature apart him saying that. I looked around and the guy who owns the store there, he was looking at me, and I said, well, what kind of creature are you talking about? And he said, I don't know what it is, but it's killing all my aunt's goats. And I said, well, where do you live? And he said, well, pretty good ways from here. What it's traveling through here today visiting some family. And I said, okay. He gave me me and him talk for a little bit, and he said, here's my address if you want to come out there. He actually asked me if I wanted to follow him that day, and I had something I had to do and I couldn't do that. But I actually got his address and I drove out there and it was a good drive and where I was living at It was probably three hours, but it was in Taswell. I think it's called Taswell County. I don't know the area. Is that whale in Virginia, but I think pretty sure I know it was Taswell something Virginia, and I had lost service, couldn't a lot when I got close to where he told me, and I couldn't find where I was going, so I had to drive back out to the main highway to pick service up on my cellphone with a GPS, and he told me meet me at this little Stowart's and an old store that's closed. Just meet me there and you can follow me. I did, and I followed him back in there. You had to cross the creek in front of his house. It wasn't his house. There was his great aunt's house. He was living with her, him and his I think he had a daughter or two and his wife. They all lived there on the farm with her. And he told me, he said, meet me there, and I followed me in and I did, and I stopped and got out, and he wanted me to look at the area of where these things that killed his goats, and the goats were already removed. I was hoping they had been so I could see what kind of damage they had to him, and he'd already hauled them off, and I think they had seven goats, and whatever this creature was had killed one or two over at a time, so it had finally got them all. And there was real muddy around the small barn shed type area, and he was showing me where they were laying, and I knew immediately. He said, here's the track of one of them. And when I seen the track, I knew immediately it wasn't a big for it. There was a dog man, because I'd seen dog being tracks before, and it wasn't a hundred percent past if that's what it was, but that's what he looked like. And he pointed up to a field and showed me where he thought they were coming in at. And they come in right it dark, right before it gets dark, they start coming in. And he had actually run these creatures off a couple of times. He would hear the goats running and he would go out the door and start yelling and they would run off. I guess they were scared of him, but they finally got all of them. So he showed me an area where I could park my truck, and it was probably about one hundred yards from him. He'd go through a little field area and you go up on top a heel and there's a gate sho opened up to pull in there, and I sat on top of that heel and I sat there for well. I went back and forth for about three weeks, and I was starting to get to the point where I'm not going to see anything. Whatever this is has left, and I was getting kind of discouraged. And then I decided to go back one more time. And I was sitting on this little rise and it was overlooking this pasture field that was fenced in, and it was probably about one hundred yards from where I was setting to the woodline where the fence went across. It was a fence, old square top wire fence with bob wire on top. And I sat and watched for like I said, nearly three weeks. And I decided I go back one more time, and I told him, I said, I went down and talked to him a couple of times, said I'm not seeing anything. And that last evening, which was going to be my last, I caught a glimpse or something in the corner of this field and it was coming across the fence, and I had binoculars and I looked at him, and I seen something go on the ground all fours and this steel had sage grass in it, but it wasn't completely sage. There was patches of open ground. And I seen this thing running and it wasn't running like a dog. It was galloping like a horse. It was very strange, and I got a little alarmed. I had my gun with me next to my seat and let in my seat next to me, and I watched this thing running all the way down across that field. It would break out of the sage grass, and I could see bits and parts of it as it was running. And it ran right down to the almost straight ahead of where I was sitting in the truck. It was about halfway in the field, and when it stopped there, it stood up on its hot legs, and I couldn't see the feet there was grass, but I could see the bend of the leg like the hawk area as it stood there, and it looked right in my direction. Didn't look at me, but it looked in my direction. And it stepped over the fence by itself, and it went off into the woods and I didn't see it, and I was pretty weirded out. I'd never seen a dog man. But and it wasn't a massive creature. It was probably about six foot tall. I guess, well, I know what I went down there. But next the next day I went back in the daylight and went down there, and i'd measured it from a certain mark on a tree next to that fence, and it was a little over six foot I don't remember the exact six one or two by a tape measure. And it looked just like a German shepherd in the head, like a large German a black German shepherd head is what it to looked like. It had the body of a human type, but it had legs and it had you know, body parts more like an animal. I didn't get to see it very long, but I remember the head and the legs so well, and the head was just huge, but it was like a black German shepherd looked identical. And I went back the next day and looked around and parked and walked over there, and I had my gun with me, and I walked over there. I crossed that fence where it had crossed over, and I walked down and around that area and it went into a real thick area, I'm thicket of limbs and all types of bushes, and there was a little trail going through there, and it followed around to the left to a bluff and something had dug out up under that bluff. You could see it, like a hole dug up under that bluff, and like it had made a den up in there. And I walked to the edge of that and I could still see the track something that went up under there, and there was a lot of deer bones laying around it, and they were old, they weren't fresh. A lot of different type bones laying around that little trail. And I got a little weird feeling because I was in there by myself, so I just got out of there because I couldn't see around me very well. But I went on back and the next day it was kind of excited. I kind of brought some camera gear with me and everything. I was going to try to film this thing. And I came back and I was crossing the creek going up to the hill there. You have to go through a creek right off the main road and then you go up and turn right to go to this hill I was parking on and there was a game a Virginia Game Wildlife Researchs officer, and a truck coming down from the drive that I was going the same drive he was. I was going to the right and he was coming from the house where the man lived and he said, what are you doing here? And I told him I said, well, I have permission from the property on to go up here and just look around scout it. He said what are you scouting for? And I said, I'll just certain animals and he said, well, there's not anything in season right now. I said, I'm not here to hunt them. I'm just kind of scouting. And he asked for my permission slipt and I didn't have one. He said, you have to have a permission swept to be on somebody's property hunting. So he made me go with him up to the house, and of course the gentleman that lived there told him me, I gave him permission to be here. He's fine and came back down and he talked to me. He said, let me tell you something. The best thing for you to do is not to be up here. I said, well, why is that. He goes, well, there's some type of creature that's been killing people's livestock on the joining farms. And he goes, I already know about this gentleman's coats being killed. He said, best thing for you to do is get out of here and don't come up here because we don't know what it is, but it's killing livestock. And he said, if you got a weapon, and I told him I did, and he was kind of filling me out, And actually I left when he did because I didn't want to cause any trouble with him, and went back up there a couple more times after that, but I never seen anything, so I think they possibly may have killed that creature. I never knew what happened to it, but that's the first one I ever seen. The second one I ever seen was a year later, a different day, but it was I believe it was the nineteenth of October twenty two. It was. That was twenty nine years or thirty years the day of the actual area that Martin Groves, one of my best friends, had been attacked at the land between the Lakes area in Tennessee and Kentucky. And he and I had been there for a couple of days and we were just scouting the area, and we've did it night and day. We'd hot and then getting the truck. And if you've ever been to the land between the lights that goes back into the middle of nowhere, there's just little roads and trails that go forever. There's like one hundred seventy thousand acres back in there, and it's really remote. And we had been righty. It was twelve after twelve at night. We had stopped and got a snack and off in the woods where our lunches packed, and we had stopped his truck and got out and we were just riding roads hoping to see some type of creature. And when I say roads, these aren't paved roads. These are like dirt roads or little gravel roads that cut off to the left and right, and there's nobody back in there. It's in the middle. There's just nothing back there. And we had just turned on that particular road close to the Devil's backbone, and we were maybe doing one mile an hour, and I had my window down, there was warm, and he had his window down and his truck and we might have been doing one mile an hour. We were driving real slow, trying to keep her eye out. Of course, we could see anything in that area. And over to the right and knee in the ditch was this huge creature. Turned out it was a creek bed drown next to a covert where this thing was laying, and it was staring right at me. I was literally five to seven foot from this thing's head, and the head was about past the size of his truck window. I never seen anything like that in my life. And it had kind of like a blue miss kind of like a miss like behind. I couldn't see its feet, but I could see it. It was crouched like a cat does when it's going to jump on a mouse or something. It was looking right at me. It had these long, deep eyes that were clear, crystal clear, like flashlights shining through had line had nane like a line, and it was looking like it was going to jump right on me. I looked at Martin and I said, do you see And before I could get that out, he goes, yeah, I see it. And there's this time I thought he was going to jump right in the window and get me, but it uh, you know. We about that time we both got what I call zapped. And I didn't get it nearly as bad as Martin did. But my legs were tinely and my chest was kind of felt like I had compression on it, a little headache. But he got hit real bad. He was could breathe. His tongue had swelled up, his throat and swelled together. He says, I can't breathe. Bube. He caused me ba bah, call him bab but this Tennessee slang. But I said, well, let me drive. You get over and he couldn't hardly talk. And about that time, this thing come out of the ditch areat was in. It went behind the truck. He's looking in the rearview mirror or this thing went behind the truck and it didn't run. It kind of like gliding across this little dirt road brown. It made a right and it went through a small part of a field. And a weird thing about this thing is you could it was a creature. You could see the whole silhouette of the creature, but you could also see through it. It was transparent. And it went straight through that field, and it went into the woods and went up a bank, and it sounded like a bulldozer in there. There's breaking limbs and sticks and everything. And I'm scared to death for him because I'm thinking he can't breathe, and we're trying to get out of there, and we're back in the middle of nowhere. And finally we got going and he sid the whole trucks. I can't smell anything. I lost my smelling when I got COVID in twenty twenty. I can only smell very few things, coffee and something spicy occasionally. But he said the truck truck stunk so bad that he couldn't already stand the smell. And we finally got out on that road, on down the road to what's called the Trace, the main road that goes through there, got off into an area where there was a lot of lights in a parking area and he got out, and I was real worried about him. I tried to get him go to the hospital because I thought he was going to pass out because he couldn't breathe, And he had improved a little bit by then. He was the least able to breathe, but he couldn't hardly walk. His legs were real tangling and his chest was real compressed feeling. And we sat there for a good while and I assisted to go to the hospital, but he wouldn't do it. So he got better. He got a little better. We actually drove home that night instead of his stand another night because I wanted him to go to the hospital or be close to the hospital. And he was sick for about a week over that. Now mine went away pretty quick. I was okay the next day. I was a little delirious, but I was okay. But he actually wrote that entire second is in his Leggous book, which is based Between the Rivers, is about me and his sighting in that of October of twenty two and it was the strangest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. I've never seen a creature like that, and how it was just transparent and there's almost cartoonish looking, but it was real and it could have attacked us. It could have easily jumped running the window and took us out because it was right next to us, but it didn't. So I don't know if it was coming out of a portal or what it was doing, you know, but it was kind of like a blue mess behind it when I first seen it, and strangest thing I've ever seen. I can't even understand how it was even possible.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's some encounter I can't even imagine. And this the reaction to it almost sounds like his reaction that your friend had there. Do you think that that was something that that thing caused him to have or is that just his natural reaction? Did it awaken something that's done?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm starting in rept you, Steve, no, go ahead. I think that I don't know how these creatures do that. I've personally been zapped, as we call it, because that's when I've heard it called by Bigfoot myself twice two times over the last thirty two years. I've been zapped by dog Man once and it was that occasion, but I was nowhere near zapped as much as he was. Now, you know, Barton Nunley and Martin Groves and I've sit down and discussed this many times. What just does to your body and what makes you feel. I just can't believe it's an infrasound. I believe it's almost like a radiation because it makes you just sick. And you know, Martin is not in the what I would say the best of health anywhere. But you know, he had a real difficult time overcoming that, and I was checking on him every day. You know. I go home every month and nearly every month. Sometimes in the winter we don't, but but we all get together, us three and lightly ron Morhea. It's been with us, and but we'll go out and stay in the wilderness of that area for you know, two to four days at least once a minile, sometimes twice. And I think it's a form of radiation for what it does to you. I can't think of anything. You know, Wales do in for sam but they're not like this, failing it just like it's something I can't even explain it. I don't know how to explain.
Speaker 1: It that that's a good analogy, though it does sound like something stronger and I know a lot of times when there's some type of paranormal activity that'll happen. Read about my black eyed kids encounter oh yeah, like their eyes like she'd been exposed to radiation. And then her husband and he came down with some kind of rare blood cancer not long after that. And then then UFO encounters. You hear that where people have like what's similar to radiation burns through the effects of high dose radiation.
Speaker 2: Well, I canna tell you this much. You know, Scott Carpenter was a good friend of mine. You know, we weren't like everyday close like Martin and Barton and I saw, but you know, he was a good friend. He helped me rebuke some creatures that were trying to destroy my farm and my animals back in twenty twenty. And you know, Scott was out numerous times, and he hiked a lot of different trails up in the Smoky's and other areas there and had a lot of encounters, a tremendous lot of encounters. Even were portals opening behind him and stories he had told me before they came to his house too. And I will never believe that, you know, I mean, it's that he was just a real credible, great guy that we lost. Nobody will replace Scott Carpenter in his work, but I'll never believe that he just passed from an aneurysm. I think these things have what can take a toe on your body. You know, I don't want to be zapped by them, but I don't know how to stop from being unless you just stay away from them altogether.
Speaker 1: But it makes you wear some sort of EMF protection or something you make clothing. Now.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe and Jesse are good friends of mine, have hel Ben Holler and they actually carry our Gegger counter with him now and they have picked up radiation and tracks. So I'm I'm a true believer that it has some type of similar abilities of radiation. Whatever this they put off when they want to. I don't know why they do it, and this is in fear of them of their own life, you know, with it.
Speaker 1: It could be their normal way to protect him. It was like it things can spray you with the high dose radiation that that's frightening.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think that I think that can take a toe on your body, and you know, I don't know what kind of effects it does have. Nobody's ever studied it, but it could also it could have some type of ability with him doing this numerous times and maybe even weakened the arteries or the vessels in your body. I don't know, but you know, I just think it was I would not be surprised at all if that didn't have some contribution of Scott passing, because you know, he died of an aneurysm and he'd been zapp a lot of times, and I find it hard to believe that he just had it like that, you know, and he may have. I don't know, it's my own speculation, but I sure missed that guy. And he did a lot for this community. So it's.
Speaker 1: Legendary and for you to be friends with him, and so he'll our condolences on your loss there, But he was something else, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Well. I don't think his legacy will ever get away from from from what any all of us that are involved in it with, you know, I don't think it ever will. I mean, you can look back. There's some pretty crazy things that he did, and you know, and he was one of the first ones that said these things are coming into the city because he was walking into downtown park of Knoxville, Tennessee, and had a couple of shots of these things in the in the actual in the woods of the parked area that you know, people walk and play on the playground and everything every day, So you know, the I don't think I think people are. The thing about it is, it's real hard for the human mind to wrap their mind around this anyway, because we're raised to believe there's no monsters in the woods. It's just a myth. And then when you see one, it changes your whole world. It's definitely life changing.
Speaker 1: That definitely shifts your personal paradigm, that's for sure. Doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you got your average people walking around that don't believe in this or don't follow it. How many times have they passed one didn't even know what they paid.
Speaker 1: Even And I've often said that the skeptic is just somebody that hasn't had it, or a non believer. It's just somebody that hadn't had the right experience. Yet. Sure, it can happen anywhere any time in it And you're right, I think there's people that stuff happened all around them and because they're not open to it, or they're not aware of it, or hyper aware like we are. They they missed the boat on that they've experienced all kinds of things and didn't even know it.
Speaker 2: Either that or they put it off in their mind. They don't want to believe it. So many people, so many people too, are fraid to talk about it because of the criticism. So how many people aren't on Facebook or listening to your show or any other show? You know? People? I know a lot of people, people in their fifties, zoned up. They don't hardly e ring, get on Facebook. Yeah, most of them don't don't even know what Facebook is. A lot of people, how many that we never heard?
Speaker 1: And I've found that when I was writing my first book, Strange Things in the Woods, when I was collecting those stories and just about i'd say ninety nine percent of those people that passed on now. But there were people, you know that sixty seventy eighty years old, twenty thirty forty years ago when I was to start gathering these stories, and they were reticent to tell that but for fear of being ridiculed or trying to figure out what you were up to. And had people tell me stuff that their wife had never heard the story and maybe they've been married forty years, you know, and it's like be sitting there with us and she say, you never told me about that. And another thing I like to do book reading sometimes, and one of my favorite places to go is a retirement home. And you know, some people are like that. They're looking for something to do, and they'll come and sit and hang out, do their knitting or crocheting or whatever, and then leave when it's over. But there's usually one or two people that will hang around and I know what they're doing. The crowd kind of leaves and side love to me and say, uh, that reminded me. I want to tell you about something that happened when I was a boy. And I love those kind of stories because you know, otherwise those stories die with those people if they haven't told it to anybody, and that I've heard that I've never told this to anybody, but you know, I feel like I can tell you, and I love that their legacy lives on through my stories and through my writings and stuff. And that's great because otherwise it.
Speaker 2: Really is a lot of great knowledge that will never replace, you know, So that's that's pretty incredible. You know, all the stories I've heard over the years. You know, I didn't know where I believed them or not. But you know, after you get around these creatures for some reason for me anyway, I know it about everybody, but they seem to have a way of finding that you don't ever go into woods and just find a forest person or a big foot. They let you see them. I so they find me. And you know, Martin Groves seems to have with the dog Man dog Man creatures more than anybody I know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the girl that I interviewed that went and lived up on chat Mount Shasta and had the experiences, and she said that they eased her into it, like she would see them, see them peek out from behind a tree, or maybe hear a little bit of a noise or mumbling, and then gradually they came to trust her within that five months that she lived up there, and she saw them regularly after that. But she said they had that ability. She said she would see them walk behind the tree, not come out the other side, go right to it, walk all the way around. It's just not there anymore, kind of like you were talking about. So I believe. I don't know if it's portals where they have the ability to change their frequency. You know, just a light. You look at the light, the spectrum of light. We only see a fraction of that right in the middle. There's stuff on either end that's beyond it. Are hearing and seeing and understanding, and I think they know either how to manipulate that, or it's just something they've learned to do, or maybe something that's that's born into them that as.
Speaker 2: A camera system. For example, there's been plenty of people that I've watched something in the woods. They didn't know what it was, and when they took pictures of it and got home lighter and looked at it, they see a creature. They can't see it with their own eye. And that's why I don't like people criticizing people. Especially in our group. We don't allow it. But you'll see people post a blurry picture or something that's kind of hard to see. But just because you don't see it don't mean it's not there. So I mean there's people that the one who took the picture probably can see it a whole lot better than the one he's showing it to. So these things have a way of the best camouflage in the world. They can look just like a book. I don't know how they do it, but pretty imagine.
Speaker 1: I've heard stories of ones that could disguise themselves. Like I had a story from one guy that I thought he was watching a stump and he's like, I've been down here a bunch of times, and I don't remember that stump ever been here. And about the time he thought that it turned into some kind of creature and got up have walked away. So they and rocks, they they turned themselves into rocks. Now the I think it's the Algonquins, one of the tribes here in New England, and uh in the Bennington Triangle. There's stories of creatures that can disguise themselves as rocks, and when you step on it or step over it, they can open up and swallow you and then get whatever substance they need out of you, spit you back out. And there was one guy that was hunting up their experienced hunter and they found him in the woods and he looked like he had been this is what' said in the official report. It looked like he'd been squeezed to death. So what's the woods that consqueeze you to death? Well, maybe a sasquatch or maybe a rock creature that swallows you and spit you out. There's so much out there that we don't understand, Darryl, and that's why it fascinates me.
Speaker 2: Now, I think there's you know, if people would be a little more open minded to people who have seen things, it would make it a whole lot easier for the community. Regardless of where you're on Facebook or a show like you have or anything. If they could not feel ridicule, they would you would probably hear a lot more of these stories than you hear now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've had people thank me for you know, they say, I feel like it's okay to talk about this. I've carried this around with me some people since childhood, and now they've got a place, a forum, a platform where they can talk about it with other like minded rock like minded individuals or experiences, and they don't feel ostracized. They like they're going to be made fun of or ridiculed. And I like being able to provide that for people.
Speaker 2: You do a great job with you see, you really did. I appreciate you. And I know there's so many others that's pretty obvious. With the followers you've got, so it's definitely a pleasure to share my experiences with you, and I've got a lot more, but it would take a lot of time to go into them. I'm just one of those kind of people that just happened to be around them. I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 1: Well, And I've felt that way about the paranormal. Uh for a long time. I thought that every house I've ever lived in was haunted to some degree, and then just in the last decade or so, I've come to realize that it's not so much of the houses. It's me that's haunted, because I've had roommates and stuff that lived there for years and nothing ever happened. I move in and the place goes crazy with I think it's me, and I've heard of that, so I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 2: It seems like some people are just maybe it's there or I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just the way they're made or their bloodline, you know. I don't really know what causes that, but I definitely know that I'm different than a lot of people because of being around so many of these things. So because I've got friends that hunting the woods for forty plus years, they never seen anything. And maybe they have, but they didn't know it. But they don't believe in them. They think they don't believe I'm lying. They just think I've said it's always I've seen a bear. Well, I've seen a lot of bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen bears in the while too. And the stuff I've seen that scared meself. It was not a bear. I mean, I know what a bear is, and that's what. Was it a bear? Was it a deer? Was it just?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I know what all those things look like, and this wasn't any of those things. And I think hunters are probably more aware, but even then, depending on what you're hunting, you may not be looking up. And I did a little experiment one time. I was up near Cleanan the Dome. I climbed up a tree near a regular trail there, and I couldn't tell you how many people just walked right below me, kept right on both directions, had no idea that I was up in a tree watching them. I could have been anything. I could have been a big cat. I could have been a snake going to drop down on them. I could have been a human predator with ill will. But no, people are not very aware, and that's that's what happens, like in a lot of these cases that we cover where people just aren't paying attention. And you know, there are places you get into one misstep and that's it. There are not a lot of second chances out there. Mother Nature is a harsh mistress. I heard somebody say.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, and I would suggest not anybody, not anybody, you know, go hiking into the woods, you know, deep in by themselves. You know. The weird thing about the woods is when not time comes, it's a whole different world, it really is.
Speaker 1: It's not at all like the daytime. There's things out there in the dark, and I can test to that. I've heard things, smell things, seen things that just aren't there in the daytime. Man, there's a whole different feeling. I mean, it's a palpable change when the sun goes down and you're out there. That's when you're really at the mercy of nature, I think, is when you're out there in the dark.
Speaker 2: I've been pretty deep in by myself and I don't do it anymore. But when I was first got into research, I would go in by myself quite often. Of course it wasn't ten miles, but I've been ten miles in by myself, and I wouldn't do it now, but I've done it. But I don't think it's safe for anybody to do any of that type hiking long, long periods of hiking themselves. But you know, it is a little it's pretty much proven that most of the people disappear, they're all by theirselves, very few of them. There'll be sometimes do.
Speaker 1: You hear of a couple or a group of people going missing together. It's usually one person will break off and I'm gonna walk ahead or I'm gonna sit down. You guys, I'll catch up with you and then see them get this and go around to the curve in the trail, and then they're just gone and leave no trace. That's that's what I don't get. Like we were talking about earlier, a big cat or a bear or something like that, there's gonna be forensic evidence. I've seen photos of cat attacks, a bear attacks, and it's not pretty. I mean, there's blood, there's a tissue, the torn clothing, the ground cover is torn up, and there's been people missing where there was absolutely no shred of any kind of evidence.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, even some of the ones that they when they do find them, to me, it's so weird. They'll find a lot of them in two or three inches of water. Yeah, I mean it makes them say it. So I find their shoes and their clothes and a little pile next to the creek mine and they'll find them in just enough water that would be very difficult round there. And you know, some of those autopsies, if you normally come back, they don't know how they died or.
Speaker 1: Left the tail or just other than maybe hypothermia or something like that. But again, and a lot of people die within just a short distance of the trail.
Speaker 2: Although or they've got searchers and they've covered that area ten times, and they'll find them there two guys later in the same area they cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's almost like if there is something out there taking people that it's taunting those search and rescue people. That's happened time and time again where a person has been found in an area that was previously searched. And I participated in some search and rescue stuff back when I was much younger, and we walked not quite shoulder to shoulder, but you could almost reach out and touch the person next to you. You walk that close, it would be hard to miss unless you know they're in a hole or covered up.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing those green it searches. Yeah, yeah, yeah, those seem to be pretty credible, And I don't know how many times I've heard that if they did find someone, it was in that area that they've been over four or five times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then again, the obverse of that, I played Devil's advocate here. There's a lot of I've heard other search and rescue teams say that that, you know, it's like finding a needle in a haystack if we don't know where they even disappeared from exactly. Sometimes they're not even sure what trail these people, And so that's why it's important to leave an itinerary, either in your car or with somebody you know that will come look for you if you don't check in. But if they don't have if you decide to go another route or take a different trail, they're not even going to know where to look. And you know, these places thousands, hundreds of thousands of acres, some of them could be anywhere, and you look at like the drone footage and stuff like I use on my videos show people at a cliff face, and then that zooms out and keeps zooming out and zooming out and zoom up to the point that you can't even see the people. I mean, they're not even as big as ants. And then imagine trying to go in a place like that and find a person. They could be anything. I could be under a rock or behind a bush.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if I was going to go so low, even with a group. I've gotten to the point where I try to carry one of those personal satellite beacons.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, the perstional locator beacons. I wouldn't go in the woods without one. I don't care if you're going for a day hike. Things could always go south and something can go wrong. And I've had people laugh at me, but always I over prepared. If I was going out for a day hike, I had enough food and water to last me for a couple of days. I had a fire source, I had where permissible, I had a firearm. I had a flint and steel something to start a fire with, you know, And they're like, you know, you're just going out for a hike in the state park, you're not doing the Apple Life trail and say, but still, you never know. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Speaker 2: You know. Stay. We are so many cases of people who did come back that were missing that I've heard numerous stories of. They say they were hiking a trail or something in the woods that they're familiar with, and then all of a sudden they'd never seen the place they were before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what makes me think there's portals, there's something out there. I've covered cases like that and even interviewed people where I was hiking along and suddenly I realized, all of a sudden, I'm not on the trail. I look back behind me. I can't even see where the trail was. I was on right now now. And you know, people, when you're lost, just part of human nature, I reckon you tend to walk in circles and that just expends a lot of energy for nothing. So that's why they tell you, if you are lost, stay put and wait for help, especially if you've got a way to let people know that you're lost. But I've often said, if I ever get lost in the woods, I'm going to start the biggest forest fire they've ever say. Nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was Mount Rainier. I could be wrong on this location, and I think that's where it was at. There was a gentleman who vanished the air cup. It's been six or seven years ago, and they sent search teams in for days and weeks and couldn't find anything of him. And there was a journalist up there like weeks after this happened, and she was hiking the same area that he was in tried to find any evidence for herself, and she could hear this man yelling, help me, and it went on for hours, help me, help me, and she couldn't see anything. She couldn't figure out where he was yelling from. But by what she recounted, I'm here, help me. Somebody helped me, and it was like he was in another dimension or something and couldn't find his way back. And finally it died down and she went and got help and told them, hey, listen, this guy's yelling help me. And they search and searts and never found anything. But it was lucky, Like I said, he was in some other topic dimension and he could see them on or he could hear them and he was yelling, help me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I covered the case one time a woman had gone missing and she could see the searchers. She couldn't get to them because of the brush and stuff where she was at, but she could see them. She was yelling, she was waving, she was man and she said they just went right past her. So again, that points to something that what is that. I think there's portals, or there's time slips or something that happens out there.
Speaker 2: There's something we don't understand and I don't know what it is. But you know how many times have you heard about these kids? They'll find them on top of bluff that nobody could even climb.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of years ago covered that Riker webcase. A kid wandered off and they found him two miles away. He had had to go like up a mountain and down the other side. He was at a cabin out in their shed, sleeping or resting in a grasp bag for the mower to catch grass, and they heard him talking and there, but apparently he was just talking to himself. And the pictures when they brought him out of there, he's wearing these little footy pajamas. His feet aren't even dirty, and then it rained and snowed. You not told me that kid walked for two miles in the mountains in those footy pajamas didn't even get dirty.
Speaker 2: Makes no sense at all. It's hard. It's hard to fathom it really is. It really is. How could it be possible.
Speaker 1: It's indeed a strange world out there. Well, I'm gonna go ahead and cut this one short tonight, but I'd like to have you come back sometime and talk some.
Speaker 2: About Darter to come back. Stay. Thank you so much for having me on, and I hope the audience enjoyed what I could tell him that I've experienced.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure they will. And I appreciate that that exclusive there that you gave us. She said, you never told that before. Any of your friends knew it, but you'd never talked about it on any show that you've been on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I've always been kind of leary of telling it. You know, I was even shocked myself when I heard it, and you know, because a lot of people won't believe that, but it happened, and it was so shocking to me at the time. You know, it was really shocking when I heard that word.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, that's amazing. Well, tell the people where they can find you at.
Speaker 2: You can find me at Bigfoot Believers and other Creatures. And I appreciate if you would support me and our group and join if you're not a member, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah on Facebook. Yeah I'll put a link in the show notes.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you wouldn't mind supporting my good friend Barton Unley and human Ods. He has a new channel, and uh, he's just a super most nice guy you ever meet. Barton.
Speaker 1: Martin's a great guy. Like I said, he wrote some stuff for me that I narrate and turned into into a project called Weird World that's on this channel or actually on my YouTube channel. I forget where I'm at. Sometimes I'm on the radio right now, but that's up on my YouTube channel. But Barton's got some amazing stories too. And then Humanoids, it's one of my favorite books.
Speaker 2: Great friend and plitician, he both. And also you know, Martin Grove has been my best friend forty two years. He's got a new book coming out. If you had seen his books, you had to check him. They're amazing.
Speaker 1: I will check him out and.
Speaker 2: If you won't hear anything about the quantum of how these things can change the way they do.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look that one up. I've got that in my Amazon cart. Thanks for the tip on that, And I'm going to talk to Barton and see if I get him on here. He's very entertaining individual. Have you yet to meet the man? I was supposed to go to Josh Turner at a dog band conference the first time? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And wrote down together.
Speaker 1: I did didn't make it either. One. I was supposed to be at the first one in Paris, Tennessee, and uh, I'd actually rented a hunting cabin in the Land Between the Lakes area, So I found out. I spoke at a UFO conference in San Francisco a few years ago, and I found out that it's not a good idea to stay at the venue because I couldn't step outside my hotel room door people wanting selfies or want me to sign this or that people and stuff. So yeah, I thought, well, I'll stay here in Land between Lakes. I was looking forward to what would happened up there, But then the person that was going to drive me there came down with COVID and I didn't get to make the trip and then had a lot of other stuff going on this year, couldn't go to one in Texas. But maybe one day my wife and I'll make it to one of those conference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the first dog Man conference of course, Josh Turner Man Josh.
Speaker 1: If you don't know Josh, he's a good game.
Speaker 2: You got to meet Josh because Josh is a trade good hearted individual. He hadn't always seen that way, but he really is. His first conference I'm in then Nemeros conference is but that was, and I've been fortunate enough to be a speaker at quite a few of them. But he's he's just incredible. Josh is and he's he also I'm in chapter four of his book, Bigfoot Encounters, along with over other people. But uh, he's really Uh he has some great conferences.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'd say that the first dog Man conference he had in Mween Lakes was the best conference I've ever been to. Of course, that was the first time Martin had finally broke down and told his story on the show. Martin Groves on the stage and you know, uh, just I appreciate everyone and uh, and you know, Joe and Jesse do a lot of hell then holler. These guys were in the woods. I don't know anybody's boots on the ground, like they are they going to lbl by the wasself in the middle of the night and just walk for miles. Yeah, they're pretty brave. You know. We've had some incredible counters there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But that's that's the best way to do it. I mean, that's you canfully you have a chance encounter. But I think if you get out there and look for it, then you're you're more likely to maybe I don't know, not all Well, you know.
Speaker 2: Your chances of encountering something are going to increase, and you put yourself close to them, so you know you've got at least for you out there. You can't just sit in a chair and expect to see one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well there again, it's been a pleasure speaking to you. I'll put the link in the show notes see if I can get Barton to join us on here. But thanks again for all that you do.
Speaker 2: To thank you again, David, and I appreciate you getting me plug my friends and people, and I'm very honored to be on your show, Steve. I'll be glad to come back again.
Speaker 1: All right. Absolutely. Listeners here on Clydelissen's ground zero Radio Network, well really appreciate the stories you had to tell, and we'll ask for you to come back. So you have a good evening and stay blessed. Daryl, thanks again, are you too?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 1: I'm Steve Stockton. You've been listening to everything out there on the Clyde Lewis ground zero Radio Network. I'll see a little further on down the trail. Tell your animals that said Hi, good night everybody.