Speaker 1: Your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 2: It's the only way to stay informed. Fifty five KRC The Talk station.
Speaker 1: Ato six fifty five KR see the talk station. It was an amazing conversation with Sarah Man. She has maintains her composure and I was expecting an allergy outbreak, to be quite honest with you, and almost had one in the close of that segment with Sarah, she did want everyone to know. While she did not want to talk about the actual murder of her husband and wanted to steer clear of the details of that he died saving her life. So wanted to make sure that everyone knew that because Sarah thought it a very important and yes, a very important detail concerning the quality and character of the late Patrick Herringer. Welcome back to the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Completely changing gears to a very positive meeting. Apparently we have on the program the return of Ohio's Secretary of State, Frank LeRose. Frank, always a real pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for having me back, Brian, looking forward to this conversation and hope things are going well for you.
Speaker 1: Things going great as far as great goes. But understand, speaking of great that you had what might be described as a great meeting with the White House regarding voter integrity. The other day I saw your post on social media about that, declaring it a very productive meeting. What was the purpose of the meeting, What did you discuss and what do we have to look forward to?
Speaker 2: Frank LeRose, Yeah, this is a group.
Speaker 3: That has grown in the last several months. Way back in February, just a month into the new administration, myself and one or two other secretaries of State got together with the President's policy team. At that point, they were just in the development process of the Executive Order on Election Integrity that the President has done. And then we met again in April and it was a larger group, and now getting together in July, we had I think fifteen to twenty other secretaries of State from around the country, including, by the way, a bipartisan represent I'm proud to say we were able to get a few Democrats to join in the conversation, and that's good. That's how elections administration should work. And largely what the conversation.
Speaker 2: Was about is list maintenance.
Speaker 3: Now you may start to think snooze, boring, list maintenance, absolutely not actually, in fact, one of the most important things that elections officials do is maintain accurate voter rules.
Speaker 2: And it's hard. We've been leading the charge on this.
Speaker 3: In Ohio for a long time and kind of setting the example for the rest of the country. And how do you maintain accurate voter rules?
Speaker 2: What does this mean? Taking dead people off.
Speaker 3: The rules, taking making sure non citizens never get on the voter rules, right when people move from one county to another, or god forbid, somebody moved out of Ohio.
Speaker 2: Don't know why they would want to do that, making sure they.
Speaker 3: Get removed from the voter rules. So those are the things that we've done in Ohio for a long time, but we've had to work around the federal government. Not so much with the federal government, even though they are a repository of a lot of this data.
Speaker 2: That we need to do voter list maintenance.
Speaker 3: In fact, last year I had to sue the Biden administration to try to get some basic citizenship data so that we could prevent non citizens from becoming registered to vote. I can tell you it's been a complete change of attitude with the Trump administration and what they're doing is truly remarkable. Because they're pulling together all these different parts of the federal government, and isn't that what an executive is supposed to do and getting them to actually do the job. You see, the Social Security Administration.
Speaker 2: Has good data on who has.
Speaker 3: Died because they don't want to send those Social Security checks anymore. So Social Security is really good at that, but they wouldn't give us that data. Finally, they are the Department of Homeland Security has pretty good data on who's the citizen and who's not, but they made it enormously hard for us to get a hold of that. Until recently, the federal government didn't always know what the left in the right hand was doing. But the Trump administration's pulling all those entities together to make this thing called the Save database work. The Save Database is what secretaries of State are are now able to use in a much more streamlined way to maintain the accuracy of our voter rules. And I couldn't be happier with the work that the Trump administration is doing. By the way, previous administrations told us that this would take years to do, It would.
Speaker 2: Cost millions of dollars. They may never be able.
Speaker 3: To get the project done to do this, and the Trump administration's done it like in the last five months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need a new laws for immigration on the books before we could stop the open border from happening. And oh look, no new law, the borders shut down. It is amazing what a change of administration can bring about.
Speaker 2: Leadership.
Speaker 3: Leadership matters. And I'll tell you what, government is excellent at making excuses. And there's a lot of good people that work in government, don't get me wrong, But deep within the bureaucracy, whether it's a city hall, a county government, a state government, or the federal government, are a lot of people who are just wired to say no because it's safer that way. Well, the federal government has not always moved this fast, but the President has got his team saying, yes, yes, we can do this.
Speaker 2: We can find a way to access this information, by the way, in a way that is secure.
Speaker 3: And maintains confidentiality for people's personal information. But we can use the vast troves of data that the federal government has to maintain accurate voterals.
Speaker 2: It is our job.
Speaker 3: And by the way, it's actually called for in legislation that was passed years ago. They just keep telling us they couldn't do it. Finally, this administration is making it happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'm kind of curious to know what the argument was in the years they were fighting against your getting access to this critically important information that they have, Like, for example, the Social Security Administration. Now we know that they have two hundred year old people still apparently perceived as alive. That's being worked out and fixed. But generally speaking, let's seem for the sake of discussion, they have some really good, valuable information on who's died. What possible reason could they articulate for not letting you have it? Because federal law does not allow dead people to vote in elections. You want those off the roles just to prevent fraud from happening. Isn't that a concept that should be universally embraced, regardless of political strife.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And listen, the data that those Security administration has is pretty good because they don't want to send checks to dead people. Anybody that's had a loved one pass and we haven't in my family just in the last year, those Social Security checks stop pretty pretty abruptly. They're usually pretty much on top of that. What we had used for years is and we still use this. By the way, because this is a multi layer approach, is we use the Ohio Department of Health and we get that list from them every month. I actually passed the bill when I was in the state Senate that created this process. Ten years ago this didn't exist, but every month the Department of Health tells us who has passed. We used that list to remove them from the vterals. The challenge comes in about people that pass away in another state or even God forbid, out of the country, because the depth record is generally created where the person is deceased. So if you're at your place in the Carolinas or Florida or whatever else in you.
Speaker 2: Pass, we may not know about it.
Speaker 3: And obviously the federal government is able to aggregate that at a fifty state level much more effectively. You asked the question what was their excuse. Their excuse was generally some version of you hay seeds out there in flyover country wouldn't know what to do with this complicated government data, and you would probably incorrectly remove people from the voterals. There was a bit of a great deal of arrogance. In fact, a person from the Department of Homeland Security last year when we were asking them to be able to query their database using common numbers like last four of US Social Security never paired with data birth, full name, address, that kind of thing. She was saying, well, we used to allow states to do that, but we think that they were misusing it.
Speaker 2: So we stopped, and I said, well, trust us.
Speaker 3: It's my statutory responsibility to remove people from the voter uals, for example non citizens, and keep them off the voter roles.
Speaker 2: So trust me with that data and make it available to us.
Speaker 3: Again, we had to sue the Biden administration to get that, and so it was a lot of arrogance from the people in DC.
Speaker 1: Quite honestly, I can't chalk it off as arrogance. What I think it is is actually that they want to create an environment where it is possible for people to vote who are not lawfully entitled to vote. I mean, we've got all these blue states that are losing hemorrhaging taxpayers and replacing them with illegal immigrants. It's happened in California, it's happened in New York, New Jersey, all the other really high tax states that everybody's fled I think some of them even said the quiet part out loud is we need of these people here for the purpose of maintaining a certain number of representatives in the House. But more fundamentally, if they're allowed to vote, this certainly could be large numbers influencing the outcome of the election.
Speaker 3: Well, Brian, maybe I was very carefully answering the exact question you asked me, because you asked me the reason, the reason that they gave me one that we couldn't handle it. But what you're getting to is their motivation behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I think that it's a mix of just that insidious. Some people, particularly on the left, just want the vote voter rules to be voted. Others just don't believe it's a problem, and they say, well, you know, nobody would actually try to commit voter fraud. It's exceedingly rare. And I'll be the first to tell you as a percentage of the overall total of votes, it is a It is a small number. We see, you know, dozens or hundreds. We prosecute them, and we make sure that people face justice when they do.
Speaker 2: Try to break the law. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Elections in Ohio come down to small margins all over the country, and yet it's probably not going to determine a governor's race or a US Senate race. But you know what, it can make a big difference in a fool board election or a little.
Speaker 2: Tax levy, a mayor's race. We've had mayors.
Speaker 3: Races in Ohio within the last couple of years that.
Speaker 2: Came down to a coin flip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so don't tell me one fraudulent vote is something that we can just you know, let go by.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I saw an article about Georgia. Was a Secretary of State Brad Rafthensburger part of your working group. Brad was Yeah, because he just announced they're removing four hundred and eighty thousand inactive voters in their state's voter rolls. And so obviously that a potential looming problem right there. And there's there's four hundred and eighty thousand people it shouldn't have been on the voter roles in the in the first.
Speaker 2: Instance, And kudos to Brad for doing that.
Speaker 3: We haven't always been on the same sheet on the things. But but but Brad's an engineer by training, he's a he comes with a background in construction and architecture, and he's a good mind when it comes to the analytical set of things.
Speaker 2: We're doing the same in Ohio.
Speaker 3: We do it every year now, so our numbers don't necessarily get that large. But we've got a couple hundred thousand that we're removing in September. Now, what you're going to hear is that just watch for this on social media and in the newspapers.
Speaker 2: The liberals are going.
Speaker 3: To claim that I'm urging the voter rolls, that I'm taking all these people off the voter rolls. We're not taking people off the voter roles. In most cases, we're taking bad records out of the voter rules. And we've got a couple hundred thousand that are set to be removed in September. I had an innovation a couple of years ago that other states are now following. We published that list. We published that list months ago, and we said, if any voter advocacy group, city, any groups out there, think that my list is wrong, then crowdsource this, go through it, tell me where it's wrong. But we've gotten that down to a pretty good process now, and when we remove those couple hundred in September. What we're doing is taking away those that have moved out of state and failed to remove their registration, those that may have died out of state, and because we didn't have that social security data previously, we didn't catch them in our scrub of deceased voters and those that are just duplicates. And sometimes that happens very rarely because of a data entry error at a board of elections. But when there's humans involved, there's found to be some level of human error, and so we're out of the process we have in Ohio and really hold it up as an example for the rest of the country to follow. This came up in Congress just two weeks ago where there was an election expert testify in front of the House Admin Committee, and he said, look at what Ohio's doing, and the other forty nine should follow that well.
Speaker 1: And to the extent someone was erroneously removed, that doesn't prevent them from reregistering to vote, does it.
Speaker 3: It will take you about two minutes I register to vote at vote Ohio dot gov if you are a eligible voter.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we don't want to remove anybody inaccurately.
Speaker 3: So we'll really go through a lot of processes to get this done right and get this done accurately and.
Speaker 1: Real quick, because it's been a hot topic of conversation of late, people who are registered in more than one states and receiving benefits from more than one states in the Medicaid program. When you find that someone has moved out of state in your efforts to keep the voting roles accurate, does that information get shared with Medicaid by any chance?
Speaker 2: So not directly. We have to go through the process of doing that.
Speaker 3: I'm actually involved right now in a conversation with the US Department of Agriculture, which maintains the SNAP system right Yeah, commonly known as foodstaffs, because they have found the evidence of people receiving food stamps in multiple states yep.
Speaker 2: And so we've got a.
Speaker 3: Conversation going right now with Secretary Rollins at the Department of Agriculture, And then we have to do the investigation to find out are they registered in both states?
Speaker 2: Did they try to vote in both states? And if they did, we'll.
Speaker 3: Pursue prosecution for them where the second voter curt because that's where the crime is. If they voted a second time in Ohio, will refer them to our county prosecutors and our state AG or to that state's AG where the second voter curve. We take this stuff very seriously.
Speaker 1: Welcome news to my listening audience. Secretary of State Frank LeRose, God bless you, sir. Thank you for the time you spent my listening audience, and meet this morning and keep up the great work. Thanks Briance, my pleasure. It's a twenty I heard media aviation ext Bert jay or at lev coming up. Looking forward to that. I hope you are as well. First though, if getting out of bed, let me get starts right. When you get out of bed, I'm talking to you, folks, dealing with ourthright is pain. You hit the ground and you're like your knee, your back screaming at you, maybe your joints. Then you go down the stairs and it's like, yeah, I understand, Well how about getting rid of it. I know you talk to the doctor. You probably a bunch of steroid injections. You may have been talking about surgery. But you know what, if there's an option for you to have that healed and get your life back on track without pain, and you are offered a free opportunity to sit down with medical professionals to talk about just how that can be accomplished. Wouldn't you take them up on it before you went under the ninth. That's what I'm asking to do. The QC Kinetics is offering the free consultation medical professionals there use natural cellular therapies, not scalpels or pills, just long term relief with no dread of recovery. Natural biologic treatments from your own body, concentrated and put right there where that pain is, which helps heal the pain. Now, I don't know if you're a good candidate. That's the purpose of allowing you to have a free consultation with them. So call them up and find out. QC Kinetics give them a call. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC. For more information about contests on this station, go to fIF