Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz, Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora, I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are exciting Thursday Murder Club things happening in the world.
Speaker 1: Is there a new thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Another movie?
Speaker 2: Another book, another book? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 2: No, I thought so too, because he has a news series. But he's going and so far the quality I feel like hasn't gone down, so I'll just keep reading. Thanks Richard Osmond for all the entertainment. Speaking of entertainment, Oh, Zoom Trivia.
Speaker 1: When is it?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the third Saturday time around, so October eighteenth, So come on down for Zoom Trivia Vie at noon. It's free and it's fun and everybody's super nice.
Speaker 1: That's all we have for news. Here's how the show works. Bas Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big bang a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question?
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is geography, bordering Tanzania? Which two countries share the last four letters of their names? Question two. The category is Games and Hobbies. This question comes from.
Speaker 1: Thank You Major Data, Thank You Major.
Speaker 2: What monopoly spaces street names feature large seas or oceans? Two points for each right answer and two extra points if you get all four. Question three, the category is sports. In the National Hockey League, how many minutes is a fighting penalty? Question four? Category television? Hikaru is the first name of which crew member in Star Trek the original series?
Speaker 1: And now?
Speaker 2: The answer is to Round one Question one, Bordering Tanzania? Which two countries share the last four letters of their names? Rwanda and Uganda? They both end in on uh. Question two, What monopoly spaces street names feature large seas or oceans? Mediterranean, Baltic, Atlantic and Pacific? Question three? In the National Hockey League, how many minutes is a fighting penalty? Five? Question four Hikaru is the first name of which crew member in Star Trek the original series Sulu?
Speaker 1: Oh my, that's pretty good? Round two? Question five, the category is animals. What poison does the yellow spotted millipedes secrete when threatened? Question six Category history. This one comes from listener Bobby, Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby. Which Roman emperor is said to have ruled during the time of Christ's ministries? Question seven Category Food and drink. Which cocktail is made from an orange liqueur like quantroe, brandy, usually cognac, and lemon juice? Question eight category science. Density is mass divided by what and now the answers to round two? Question five? What poison does the yellow spotted millipede secrete when threatened? Cyanide? It's also known as the almonds scented or cyanide millipede.
Speaker 2: So if you ever poison someone, cover their house in these millipedes and then boy, perfect.
Speaker 1: Murder, yep, full proof plan.
Speaker 2: Throw some koalas in there for fingerprints, and you're golden.
Speaker 1: Question six. Which Roman emperor is said to have ruled during the time of Christ's ministries Tiberius? Question seven? Which cocktail is made from an orange liqueur, brandy and lemon juice? That's a side car? Question eight. Density is mass divided by what Destiny just kidding? Its volume?
Speaker 2: That's it. For the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Television. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question, not including the judges. There have been six presenters for The Great British Bakeoff. Name them. Your time starts.
Speaker 1: Now and that's time. The six presenters that have been on The Great British Bakeoff, not including the judges are Mel Guidrouch, Sue Perkins, Noel Fielding, Sandy Talksvig, Matt Lucas and Alison Hammond.
Speaker 2: They have all been great. And then you got Paul Hollywood and Mary Barry Preleaf pro Leaf and those have been the only judges I think because Prove replaced Mary. I think Prue might have left, but we're behind here in the US, so yeah, if there's a new judge, we don't know. Round three. Question nine. The category is theater. A Lot of musical written by Cindy Lauper and Harvey Fierstein starred Billy Porter as Lola, for which he won a Tony for Best Actor. Question ten. The category is anatomy. This question comes from listener Josh.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Josh, Hey good josh.
Speaker 2: At nineteen letters, Which superficials cervical muscle a real head turner as one of the longest one word names of all the muscles in the human body? Question eleven. The category is comics. What is the name of the yellow furred, brown eared dog in the Garfield Comics? Question twelve? The category is space. What location had its name changed to Cape Kennedy from November twenty eighth, nineteen sixty three to October ninth, nineteen seventy three when its original name was restored? And now the answers to round three? Question nine? What musical was written by Cindy Laffer and Harvey Fierstein and starred Billy Porter Kinky Boots Good Times? Question ten? At nineteen letters, Which superficial cervical muscle has one of the longest one word names of all the muscles in the human body? Sterno cleido mastoid? That gem? Question eleven was the name of the dog in the Garfield Comics That's Odie? Question twelve? What location had his name changed to Cape Kennedy and then was changed back keep canaveral?
Speaker 1: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is literature. Lieutenant Frederick Henry and Nurse Catherine Barclay are two of the lead characters in which Ernest Hemingway novel Question fourteen category video games. This one comes from listener knife, fag you knife, Thank good knife. The Nintendo sixty four was the first home consul to introduce what in the game world Question fifteen, category mythology, Who was the Supreme God in Babylonian mythology? Question sixteen category language. In electronics, a jiffy is the period of an alternating current power cycle equal to what tenth of a second in most mains power supplies, And now they answers to round four question thirteen. Lieutenant Frederick Henry and Nurse Katherine Barclay are two of the lead characters in which Hemmingway novel A Farewell to Arms fourteen. The n sixty four was the first home console to introduce what in the game world force feedback. That's via the rumble pack that attached to the controller and it made it shake and gave resistances and things like that based on the game and the coating that was in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you really felt like you were there because your hands started shaking. You're like, oh boy, I'm getting some rocks thrown on me. Rumble rumble, rumble Now.
Speaker 1: Force feedback was in arcade machines before the N sixty four, but that was the first home console to bring it to people.
Speaker 2: It's silly, but that's a layer of fun.
Speaker 1: Was also the first system, along with the Sega Saturn, to introduce shoulder triggers on CONTROLLERSO Question fifteen. Who was the Supreme God in Babylonian mythology? Mar Duke? Question sixteen In electronics, a jiffy is the period of an alternating current power cycle equal to what tenth of a second, and most mains power supplies one fiftieth or one sixtieth of a second.
Speaker 2: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is food. Will give you three clue questions, which are all hents to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one in the Bible, Mark twelve seventeen says, render to blank the things that are blank, and to God the things that are God's what word fills in the blanks?
Speaker 1: Question two? Which alien species in the Star Wars franchise are rotund, voracious, and grotesque looking sluglike creatures.
Speaker 2: Question three, Which member of Marvel Comics X Force was portrayed on film by the actress Zazzy Beats in Deadpool two?
Speaker 1: And Your Big Bang question again? The category is food carrying a price tag of twelve thousand dollars and featuring ingredients like lobster, seven cheeses, and three types of caviare what food is known as? The louis the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang round? Question one? In the Bible, Mark twelve seventeen says, render to blank the things that are blank into the things that are Gods? What word fills in the blanks? Caesar runder to SUSA?
Speaker 1: Question two? Which alien species and star wars are rotund, voracious and grotesque looking sluglike creatures? Huts jab as one of them?
Speaker 2: Question three? Which member of Marvel Comics X Force was portrayed on film by the actress Zazzi Beats in Deadpool two? Domino? Is she the one whose superpower is luck? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's probability? Manipulation's Oh, I'd love to have that power right?
Speaker 2: Her character's amazing And.
Speaker 1: Finally, carrying a price tag of twelve thousand dollars and featuring ingredients like lobster, seven cheeses and three types of caviare what food is known as the Louis the thirteenth. The thing you can get much cheaper at Little Caesar's Dominoes and the Hut Pizza. So this is a specialty, luxury pizza that is made by an Italian chef. Let me read to you a description of it. Please do Annie, you might want to get some smooth jazz plan. Every bite of the Louis the thirteenth pizza tells a story of luxury. The rich creaminess of the cheese blend harmonizes with the delicate salinity of the caviat, while the tinder Norwegian lobster adds a succulent sweetness. Paired with the effervescent crispness of mbanga and the smoky warmth of cognac. This pizza becomes more than a meal. It's an unparalleled sensory journey. Chef Renato Viola's Louis the Thirteenth is a tribute to the rare, the exquisite, and the extraordinary. It embodies not just the flavors of the world's finest ingredients, but the very essence of culinary artistry. So this pizza is about the size of a personal pan pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how much does it got.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be for two people. It's twelve grand. They come to your house, they make it, and they serve you, and you probably eat it in three minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean this is a rich people thing, right, Like, we have too much money that we know what to do with. We don't want to do it good with it. Let's spend twelve thousand dollars on a pizza so that.
Speaker 1: Way we could tell hawful.
Speaker 2: I know when I think of a really good pizza, I think of seafood right.
Speaker 1: Past.
Speaker 2: And you said three people come to your house.
Speaker 1: There is the head chef, a chef, and a somalia that come to your house and they make the dough seventy two hours beforehand, which is like we take wheat from the fields that Gladiator walked through, and we take salt from the tears of our enemies and blended together in an amazing dough. It's the dumbest thing you can imagine. I can make a better pizza with things I find in the fridge that have gone bad. I bet you I could.
Speaker 2: I bet you could too.
Speaker 1: It's not about taste, right, It's about the experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I mean it's about the what's about your neighbor saying that she had this experience, so now you have to have that experience because it can't be fomo. Yeah, So it's amazing good for this guy for running this con that they all buy into.
Speaker 1: They I think, let's say, if I remember correctly, they said the ingredients cost about eight pounds or something like that. British. Okay, I think there was a British article writing and so they that was the ingredients. So when you think about it, they really that much. Yeah, little over one thousand each person to come to your home. Let's get him out here, Annie, save them and get him out here to our house and be like, good luck.
Speaker 2: We'll be funny. If they came out here and then they didn't know how to cook at high altitude and you got up burn pizza for twelve thousand dollars, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Then you get to eat a bad pizza and get your money back.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would love to save up for thirty years and get this for you because you don't eat seafood, so it would be the most amazing waste of money. Already, on top of it being a waste of money.
Speaker 1: It'd be all for you and you would have no trouble eating it because it's the size of a fist. It's not it's i don't know, twenty centimeters something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've ever had a twelve thousand dollars pizza and we're in the wrong, let us know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happy to be corrected. And well, the champagne and the cognac are supposed to be topp tire. Yeah, I think it's crystal champagne. Great anyway, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it is funny if they're not actually making that much money to like overcharge that much and then to only make like a thousand dollars, Like it seems like but.
Speaker 1: You know ingredients are They're they're fifty three dollars at Kroger's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, come on, that's true. I'm like that, I'm concerned for this guy who's charging twelve thousand dollars a pizza. I'm like, is he making enough profence?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well, you guys can spend much less and get a much better quality product by going to our Patreon signing up for an extra episode a month Patreon dot com slash quizbang five dollars up. That's a lot of a lot of Patreon episodes for one pizza there, Anny, that'll get you an extra episode a month. We just released one on nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: And if you send us twelve thousand dollars, we'll come to your house and fixt you a pizza as.
Speaker 1: And ask you trivia questions. I'll do the extrasode.
Speaker 2: There, right, Yeah, we can do a live extra pisode episode check.
Speaker 1: I'll buy you too. I'll tell you what. I'll throw in an extra one for free. That'd be amazing, right, or skip all that buys a coffee at ko dash fi dot com slash quiz bang pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you prefer that. You don't want us in your house. You don't want to see you trivia questions while youre reading pizza. But if you do, we'll do it for twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Your bringing the atmosphere down, We'll do it. We'll do it. Won't say no anyways? Thanks for listening for this episode of quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I've been David Flora.
Speaker 2: I've been Annie the Thin Crust Flora.
Speaker 1: Here's looking at you.
Speaker 2: Buzz