Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights show, Gosh, welcome to Policy that Human Joy, and welcome back to Policy and Rights Here in Depictions Media Radio, I'm your host, Michael Cloggs. So, over the weekend, the Liberal Party chose a new Liberal leader and Mark Karney is that choice. He won in a landslide, taking over eighty percent of the vote. I think it was close to eighty nine percent of the vote over Christia Friedland and others who were in the Liberal Party leadership race. In a report from the BBC, they talk about some of his accomplishments as he was the governor of the Canadian Central Bank and Bank of England, and he he has several several notches under his belt, as he was also involved in in other financial dealings UH for Canada as a country. So on the opposite end of the things, we're going to hear from mister Polvier as he slamms mister Carney saying that mister Carney UH deserted Canada and moved his business, his business holdings UH to the United States and shortly after Donald Trump took office. You say he will also say other things to discredit uh mister Carney and saying that, of course we're going to get the same uh deal as before. Mister Carney is of course threatening to or should I say not threatening. He is talking about imposing a carbon tax against the steel industry and other and other polluters. While he is going to alleviate the consumers from the debt of having to pay for carbon. He wants to ensure that those who the businesses who pollute actually pay the bill for the carbon and not so much to the consumer to the consumers, which is which is slightly different from what Justin Shrudeau did with the carbon tax.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is vowing also to defeat Donald Trump in at his own game, and he is going to oppose tarifs of course on us products. A lot is going to be seen and happening as mister Carney starts to move forward with his office. But there is a hitch, and that hitch is that mister Carney needs to actually find a MP seat in order to be part of Parliament. In order for him to be Prime Minister, he actually has to be elected as an MP and find a seat somewhere in Canada where he can officially become a member of Parliament. So that means that, well, mister Carney is going to have to call an election in order to find that seat. So it looks like Canada is headed for an election at a time when Donald Trump is really threatening with his trade war. So let's see what happens and see what mister Carney does as he takes over the liberal leadership role here in Canada. Okay, So there's some other comments and statements that mister Polvier had made, and I'd like to address those and maybe try to debunk them a little bit. That he keeps referring back to the Stephen Harper government. Well in saying that that, oh it, this Stephen Harper was completely pro Canada, and as I remember, mister Harper had dealings with, of course George Bush. Well, George Bush is not Canadian. He's American. He was born in Texas, and strong and strong financial ties with him, and mister Polvier keeps referring back to him, saying how he was the Minister of several things under the Stephen Harper government. Well, if it was anything to do with finances, then mister Polvier was also sitting in league with the Bushes and their corporation in how they dealt with oil and gas at the time, mister Povy is saying that we should have crisscrossing pipelines back and forth across Canada. And the question is to what end should that happening Because of the environmental impact of those pipelines. All pipelines leaked. There are no if and buts exceptions to it. Pipelines leak, and when we're talking about leaking bitumen and crude oil, it is a serious impact to the environment. Can that be minimized maybe, but it is something to think about when we hear about building more pipelines back and forth across the country, what is that impact going to look like? So great news that mister Trudeau is officially stepping down as Mark Karney will be taking office and we will be seeing a election shortly to find out for sure, for sure who the next Prime Minister is really going to be and how Canada is going to come up with a plan to deal with the Trump administration as they threaten the world with their policies and antics. So why don't we move forward, And we're going to start with hearing mister Carney's first speech to Canada as the new Liberal leader.
Speaker 3: Now, who's ready? Now it's the moment to announce our new leader, met mac la moment and also not Nouveau chef who not.
Speaker 4: Nouvelle's now time to announce our new leader.
Speaker 5: Results.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to invite on stage Beatrice Keller raful, who has been serving as the chief electoral officer for the vote and protecting the integrity of the process. Pultage and a pleasure.
Speaker 4: Now have the pleasure to invite Beatrice Keller du four who has been acting as chief electoral officer for the vote and as work to protect the integrity of the process. Putus over to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: A reminder that the winner must receive more than fifty percent of the points allocated in a ballot to win. The following are the results of the first ballot, with one hundred and fifty one thousand, eight hundred and ninety nine votes cast. In fourth place, Frank Bayliss with four thousand, thirty eight votes, resulting in one thy fourteen allocated points, representing three percent of the vote. In third place, Krina Gould with four thousand, seven hundred and eighty five votes, resulting in one thousand, one hundred allocated points, representing three point two percent of the vote. In second place, Chris Jeffrieland with eleven thousand, one hundred and thirty four votes, resulting in two thousand, seven hundred and twenty nine allocated points representing eight percent of the vote. In first place, the next Prime Minister of Canada, Mark Karney, with one hundred and thirty one thousand, six hundred and seventy four votes, resulting in twenty nine thousand, four hundred and fifty seven allocated points, representing eighty five point nine percent of the votes.
Speaker 6: Just wait, mee mee, leave me.
Speaker 7: Jerry, Hello, please welcome Cleo Karney, amiel the years a year, Cleo Jarney, Yerry.
Speaker 8: Just cross, thank you, and good evening, sir. I'm going to try and deliver this speech with as much grace and.
Speaker 2: Poise as ella grace. I too.
Speaker 8: Am introducing my father tonight because I want Canadians to understand what kind of a man he is, and who is better qualified to speak on his character than his daughter. My father is, to his core a man of commitment. I don't just mean that in a general sense. He is unflinchingly dedicated to what matters focused and principled, funny and kind. Canadians care about actions, and my father is a man of action, a man who has traveled the length of Canada to hear what Canadians want from their leaders, what they want for their future. He's up early to read his papers and stays up late preparing for the next day. He has taught me the importance of always putting in the work. But you can work hard all you want if you don't have a solid foundation, there's nothing to build on. And that's what I really want to share with you tonight, the foundation that makes my father who he is. He is unwaveringly supportive of the things he cares about. Every year, for our birthdays, he burned us CDs and somehow.
Speaker 2: They were good.
Speaker 8: Sometimes now, when we don't know what to get him, we make him a playlist. He cheered me on in the freezing cold at my cross country races. He sat for hours to help me with my math homework, persevering until I understood. I can tell you that I appreciate this more en hind than I did at the time. In all seriousness, my dad invests in what matters. He expects nothing to come without hard work, and he is always ready to work hard. The bottom the bottom line is, however hard things may seem, he shows up and never lets you down. He has an always will show up for you, for Canadians and for Canada because he cares about this great country. Now, my father, your new Liberal leader and the twenty fourth Prime Minister of Canada, Mark Carney, Metsy, Wow.
Speaker 2: Prime Minister, I think it's clear we should just skip a generation at all Monswatsu Mond Wow. This room, this room is strong, this room, this room is Canada strong. Thank you, Thank you, Cleo, Thank you Cleo. And to my wife Diana, our children Cleo. Yeah, tests a milion, Sasha. Without your support, I wouldn't be standing here, and like the Prime Minister, without your examples, I wouldn't have a purpose and and without without your love, I wouldn't have the strength that I need for what lies ahead. Thank you, m.
Speaker 4: Mister mister Kitty, you still know how to energize the Liberal Party supporters like no one else can do it.
Speaker 2: Who's that.
Speaker 4: You took courageous and historic decisions here showed our allies that Canada will always stand up for what is just unfair.
Speaker 2: Hey, who's.
Speaker 4: You're a source of inspiration for all Canadians across the land.
Speaker 2: Say that you inspired my family to become liberals, including my father to run as a Liberal candidate in Alberta in the nineteen eighties. Some elections are tougher than others, and you inspired me. You inspired me over the years and now to have an opportunity to continue your tradition a fiscal responsibility, social justice and international leadership. Prime Minister Trudeau, My time doesn't permit me to recognize all your accomplishments, so I'll speak at a higher level. You have combined strength and compassion every day as a fighter for Canada. You you have led us through some of the hardest challenges that this nation has ever faced.
Speaker 4: Hey, at the same time, you have transformed Canada. You've transformed it. You've lifted hundreds of thousands of kids out of poverty, all fasil by moving reconciliation forward, and by defending freedom and democracy here and across the world. Plum, Prime Minister. I think I am speaking for everyone here when I thank you for your hard work, as Ala Grace said, your hard work, for your leadership, and for your service to our great country. Yeah, and I'd also like to thank you Liberals for having awarded me the greatest honor possible, which is to serve as your new leader. Thank you, Melsie. I'd like to thank the tens of thousands of pontiers across the country who have devoted themselves to rebuilding our country and to giving back hope to our country.
Speaker 2: I pledge to you and to all Canadians that I will follow their example. I will work day and night with one purpose, which is to build a stronger Canada for everyone. But I will need help. I will need a lot of help. And so I'd like to thank Christia, Frank and Karina for your energy and ideas and leadership that you have brought to this campaign. And I would like also to thank those ministers who remained in their posts to serve Canada directly during this time of great peril. And and to the incredible group of Liberal MPs that we have. You are the voices for your communities and you are the conscience of our party. Thank you for your service. Now, to give a sense of that service, I'm going to quote from a message that I and Christia and Karina, sorry Karna and Frank, the three of us the four of us received from someone called Bob Zetel. Now, Bob, full disclosure, I know the leader of the oppositions in the full disclosure, So I'm going to full disclosure, full disclosure. I just want to get this on the table. Bob goes to my church. Actually I go to Bob's church because he goes there a lot more frequently than I are. Anyways, point is, Bob wrote to the four candidates and he said, I quote. Right now, everyone sees the main threat as the Trump tariffs, but the far greater challenge will be, as it always has been, to foster unity and a sense of the common good. There are those who will seek power by dividing us. We'll get to that later on. And we need we, being the people of Canada, we need you, my fellow candidates, myself to continue in positions of leadership to promote a united Canada, a commitment, a commitment to common good and the respect and the rule of law throughout the world. See I quote Bob, because right now all Canadians are being asked to serve in their own ways. We're all being called to stand up for each other and for the Canadian way of life. So let me ask you, who's ready, yes, Who's ready to stand up for Canada with me one percent? Yes? Yes, Yes, Canada, Yes Canada. The Liberal Party is united and strong and ready to fight to build an even better country.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I feel like everything in my life has helped prepare me for this moment. Two months ago, I put up my hand to run for leader because I felt we needed big changes, but big changes guided by strong Canadian values. The values I learned at the dinner table from my parents, Bob and Burley, and my three siblings, Brenda, Shawn and Brian. Values that I learned at the hockey rinks of Edmonton from my coaches such as Storman Norman Lee it exists. We didn't call him that to his face, by the way, but that was just My parents were teachers and they stressed the importance of hard work, of community, and of tolerance. My coaches were dedicated volunteers who taught me the importance of teamwork, ambition, and because it's Canada, humility demand.
Speaker 4: The right values, Canadian values. I took them with me to university and I kept them close to me when I was called upon to manage crises here in Canada and across the world. These same values have guided me in my work to build strong economies, and today I will use those values again as we face this most serious crisis in a generation.
Speaker 2: No, that new threats demand new ideas and a new plan. They know that challenges demand new leadership. Canadians want positive leadership that will end division and help us build together. And to respond, my government will put into action our plan to build a stronger economy, to create new trading relationships with reliable trading partners, and to secure our borders.
Speaker 4: What Claire, I have to be clear here, This will require change, big change. But I know that Canadians are ready. They've told me so across the country. People want change because they're concerned. They're concerned about the cost of living, housing crisis as well. They're worried for the future of they're young, their kids. They're worried about the future of Canada in the face of President Trump's threatned threats and a more divided and dangerous world.
Speaker 2: No, I am a pragmatist above all, So when I see that somethings that's not working, I will change it. So my government will immediately eliminate the divisive consumer carbon tax on families and farmers and small and medium sized businesses, and we will stop and we will stop the hike in the capital gains tax because we think builders, we think builders should be incentivized for taking risks and rewarded when they succeed. Canada needs more of this type of change. Change that puts more money in people's pockets, change that makes our companies more competitive, change that builds the strongest economy in the G seven. Wow, there is there's someone who's trying to do the opposite. There's someone who's trying to weaken our economy. Yeah, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, and Donald Trump, as we know, has put as a Prime minister, just said unjustified tariffs on what we build, on what we sell, on how we make a living. He's attacking Canadian families, workers and businesses, and we can let him succeed, and we won't. We won't. I am proud. I am proud of the response of Canadians who are making their voices heard and their wallets felt. I am grateful for how our provinces are stepping up to the fight, because when we are united, we are Canada strong. The Canadian the Canadian government has rightly retaliated and is rightly retaliating with our own tariffs that will have maximum impact in the United States and minimum impact here in Canada. My government will keep our tariffs on until the Americans show us respect. Yeah yeah, and and until they can join us in making credible and reliable commitments to free and fair trade as christ did it. And in the meantime, we will ensure that all the proceeds, all the proceeds from our tariffs will be used to protect our workers.
Speaker 5: Late.
Speaker 4: Now, the Americans, they want our resources, our water, our land, our country even never think about that for a moment. That will destroy our way of life.
Speaker 2: Want our resources, our water, our land, our country. Think about it. If they, if they succeeded, they would destroy our way of life in America. Healthcare is a big business in Canada. It is a right. Thank you, Thank you. America. America is a melting pot. Canada is a mosaic.
Speaker 5: Was it asani?
Speaker 4: In the US, differences are not respected or recognized. First nations unrecognized, and the French language would never have any rights. Deva culture and their French language are part of our identity and we must protect that. We must promote that as well. We'll never give them up for any trade agreement now.
Speaker 2: But Canada, America is not Canada, and Canada never ever will be part of America in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 8: We but.
Speaker 2: We didn't ask for this fight. We didn't ask for this fight. The Canadians are always ready when someone else drops the gloves. So the Americans, they should make no mistake. In trade. As in hockey, Canada will win as a can't.
Speaker 4: Now to Americans, I say to you, as in hockey, we will.
Speaker 2: Win May May, said Victoire.
Speaker 4: But that victory won't be easy. We're facing the greatest crisis of our lifetimes. We have to do extraordinary things, and together we have to build things that we've never imagined we would have to do at a pace we would have never believed possible. And above all, we must place people above money.
Speaker 2: You've vote seen it.
Speaker 4: We have to unite to build the strongest, the fairest, and the freest country in the world.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump is trying to weaken our economy. But there's someone else who, if he succeeds, will weaken our economy. It's Pierre Poulief. Pierre Yeah, Pierre Pouliev just doesn't get him. He is the type of lifelong politician, and I've seen this type around the world, a lifelong politician who worships at the altar of the free market, despite never having made a payroll in himself. And now and now, in the face of President Trump's threats, Pierre Pauliev still still refuses to get his security clearance at a time when our national security is under threat it has never been before. Bank of Canada Monsieur mischeur poite.
Speaker 4: Podiev has called for the shutting down of CBC at a time when disinformation and foreign interference are in on the march, he insults our mayors and ignores the First Nations when it's time to build. He intends to put an end to international a when democracy and human rights are in danger across the world. And he will also allow our planet to burn.
Speaker 2: O Jev would let our planet burn. This is not leadership. It's ideology. It's ideology that betrays what we as Canadian's value each other. It's an ideology that also represents a fundamental misunderstanding of how the economy works.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Unlike Pierre Pauliev, I've actually worked in the private sector. I know. I know, I know how the world works, and I know how it can be made to work better for all of us. And that knowledge, that knowledge is especially useful now in the service of Canadians, when we must build a new economy and create new trading relationships. Let me tell you something else that we know that Pierre Poliev doesn't. We know that markets don't have values people do. And we know we know as liberals that it's our job, our job to make markets to make the economy work for all Canadians. These are the most powerful tool we've ever invented. They can find solutions to our greatest problems. And when the private sector, when the markets are governed well, they deliver great jobs and stronger growth, faster than anything. But markets are also indifferent to human suffering, and they are blind to our greatest needs. So when they're not governed well or not at all, they will deliver enormous wealth for the lucky few and hard times for the rest. And in this crisis, in this crisis, we must help those who are hit hardest by the American tariffs. Well, we build our strength here at home. That's the right thing to do, that's the fair thing to do. That is the Canadian thing to do. That is what makes us strong. So so Donald Trump thinks thinks he can weaken us with his plan to divide and conquer. Piera Pauliev's plan will leave us divided and ready to be conquered, because a person who worships at the altar of Donald Trump will kneel before him, not stand up to him. Be Piera polyevs pera. Polyev's slogans are not solutions. His anger is in action, his division is in strength. Division won't win a trade war. Division won't pay the rent or the mortgage. Division won't bring down the price of groceries. Division won't make Canada strong. Voila men.
Speaker 4: That's just where negative politics, division and anger takes us. Half of the US fears the other half. They're wary of each other. We can't allow such a situation to occur here in Canada.
Speaker 5: There's America.
Speaker 4: The Americans are increasingly divided, and this will weaken them. And we will win this fight if we are united and strong. All but yes, we might disagree over policy. We might disagree over hockey. You can support the oilers in Ottawa, that's possible. It's a free country after all. But when it comes to Canada, we're all on the same side. Let's choose to be strong, Canada strong.
Speaker 2: Now, I've I've learned a few things from long experience in crises, and the first is that plan beats no plan, and you need to distinguish what you can change from what you can't. We can't change Donald Trump can change New Devon.
Speaker 4: But we have to understand what we can and we must change. We are masters in our own house.
Speaker 2: And we can. And because we're masters in our own home, we can control our economic destiny with a plan that puts more money in your pockets, A plan that will ensure your government spends less so Canada can invest more. A plan a plan, A plan that builds millions of homes, A plan that makes us an energy superpower in both clean and conventional energy. A plan that creates new trade corridors with reliable partners. A plan that creates one Canadian economy, not thirteen. Because in Canada, we are stronger when we're united. We can give ourselves far, far more than Donald Trump can ever take away. But it will it will take extraordinary efforts. It won't be business as usual. We will have to do things we haven't imagined before, at speeds we didn't think possible. We will do it. We will do it for the common good so that everyone everyone benefits. You know, I do care about the economy, but it's not because I'm an economist. It's because I care about people. That's why I'm a liberal. That's why we are liberals.
Speaker 4: All say it's clear that the value of a strong economy starts with the workers who have good, well paying jobs today and who have a better futures for them and for today's youth. We know as liberals that we can't redistribute what we don't have. We also know that we can't be strong abroad if we're week at home. We also know that we cannot build a better future if we're unable to manage the present.
Speaker 2: So we need a strong economy. But when we're fighting for a strong economy, we're fighting for good Canadian health care for everyone. We are fighting for strong support for our seniors who built this country. We are fighting. We are fighting for childcare for young families that they put in place. We are fighting for dental care and pharmer care for everyone who needs it. We are fighting for rights we are fighting for a strong economy so we can create a more sustainable world for children and grandchildren, and we will deliver good I know, I know that these are dark days, dark days brought on by a country we can no longer trust. We are getting over the shock, but let us never forget the lessons. We have to look after ourselves and we have to look out for each other. We need to pull together in the tough days ahead. And so so those families watching this evening in Fort Smith, in Edmonton, and across every community in Canada, I promise you this together, we can and we will get through this crisis. We can and we will come out stronger than ever. And we will because Canada is built on the strength of its people, from our minds to our ports, from our logging roads to our city streets. We're strongest when we're united, when we're one economy, not thirteen, When we can cheer for different teams and still be on one team when it counts, when we come together. When we come together, we build things that last because we are Canada strong. Vivlack Canada. That's for me.
Speaker 5: Or rot to mount.
Speaker 9: On Instella la conci economic justin Trudeau come chef Sparti liberal the liberal always say that Trumpelly energy and cari marcari a two come Justine say the parai omen so staly meme deputy liberal le meme concilier liberal lemm promise liberal a lemen politic liberal is on is all the memelcudge mont a deja double led that see on a ucal lit montieal reci and f notre class over are a notree economy a prey the sound the liberal Carney Trudeau a fable fasts American. Mark kearney I said, essay the cache song Bilan they sank d a la concier Trudeau augmontele tax example entry Flacion black, the export resource natil a transferrege social and New York oh.
Speaker 5: Memetown Donald Trump menace no Canada.
Speaker 9: Commissr Carney very destroyer le candan the song Billan Liberal advoire U.
Speaker 5: Canada and panda Trump pas.
Speaker 9: Mark Carni said, deja mi, as you knew the vouant Donald Trump, see show a pre comms your trump man as council the Canada or vlinis bois Mark Karney done.
Speaker 5: As you need.
Speaker 9: Just comes Donald Trump voulet, mister Carney a von Zu the Canada porse praphi personnel prafi de van not roper On and Premiuenis can't fleeter on the Primmunists w C Compremi, port c per scoute Camark Karney. It has nearly done at tack, saying Paul Canada to on mbst Don Sharon American. He said to pose ei ex can to as the people in amy n r M he did the million infancier Keevan cont interire to Canada in san Rici and Ken Duney and Katri and mandaou Libero ar a Fela su vasulman apire, Mark Connie Messig Interre dabao IFO and Maman Conservator Kiva Metro.
Speaker 5: The Canada daba control a roll not economy if.
Speaker 9: O, kupe la bureaucracy, lateax elixample pro a, favrise, le change, commercial ento, province, export, resource, snatch, naturl came j n l Q beck pas souvent economic, energetic and seek protege. The Canada control a manas the Donald Trump e fo o se Raine story, la promesse you can the La belle promise Canada Cape.
Speaker 5: Far belvi does in belle maison so renrue.
Speaker 9: Secret retire protege, brava sus notre fi.
Speaker 5: Le Canada note repe.
Speaker 9: Efou AGirl protege call note Pepe por noteche nu paula Canada, babar nursiboku, thank you very much for coming everyone now in English, the liberal establishment has installed Justin Trudeau's economic advisor as the next Liberal leader to trick Canadians into giving Liberals a fourth term in power. But he's just like Justin and he's more of the same. We have the same liberal MPs, the same liberal advice, the same liberal promises. Who will produce the same liberal results Doubling housing costs, doubling the debt, doubling lineups at food banks, enriching the global elites at the expense of the working class, and making our economy more helpless and reliant on the Americans than ever before. Now Mark Carney is trying to hide from his record over the last five years of advising Trudeau in favor of raising carbon taxes, money printing inflation, and blocking resource projects, all while he moved his company headquarters and jobs to the United States. Hell, it's ironic, mister, Karney is trying to distract from his many scandals and conflicts of interests, as well as his disastrous record as Justin Trudeau's economic advisor, by talking about Trump. He's the guy that's sold out to Trump. Six days after Donald Trump threatened Canada with tariffs to steal our jobs, Mark Harney announced to Brookfield shareholders that he would move his headquarters from Canada to New York. And when you asked him about it, he lied to your face. We got it in writing and we proved it. He sold out Canada. He put his profit ahead of our people, and he did exactly what Donald Trump wanted. Never before we had a prime minister so conflicted and compromised and yet so little scrutinized. Just like when he supported carbon taxes in Canada while investing in American coal. He opposed Canadian pipelines while his company bought Middle East pipelines. He has millions of dollars of financial interests that run against Canada's national interests. He gets rich making Canadians poor. You can be sure about one thing. Donald Trump's going to have a briefing on his desk of all of Mark Carney's American investments, and he is going to leverage all of Carne's profit motive against the interest of the Canadian people. And we know Carney will sell out Canada for his personal profit. He's already done it. He's systematically done it his entire time as a corporate insider. Giving the Liberals a fourth term will not change any of that. Carne puts himself first, Conservatives will put Canada first. Putting Canada first means cutting bureaucracy and taxes. It means passing a big, beautiful, bring it home tax cut, lowering tax rates on work, investment, energy, and home building. It means axing the carbon tax for real, for good, for everyone forever. It means repealing the Liberal no New Pipelines Law C sixty nine and instead granting rapid permission to our companies to build more pipelines, more natural gas, sports, more data centers, minds, and other natural resources to bring home powerful paychecks and production to our people. We need an East West pipeline, and we need to say it in both French and English and lows avon bizuend and piplin den de de del West Aleste don de lng.
Speaker 5: Svc American.
Speaker 9: We need to break our dependence on the Americans by building East West pipelines. We need more province intra provincial trade. We need to unleash our free enterprise system to reverse the helplessness that the Liberals have caused over the last ten years of tax and keep it in the ground extremism, and more than anything, we need to bring back the Canadian promise. In a country where we trade with each other, we produce our own resources, we build homes for our people, We protect our week and vulnerable while standing up to the Americans abroad. The Canadian promise is that anyone from anywhere can achieve anything. That hard work gets you a great light in a beautiful home, on a safe street, protected by solid borders and brave troops under a proud flag Canada.
Speaker 5: Let's bring it home.
Speaker 7: Mister Polliev, what economic and diplomatic experience do you have to go up against Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: Quite a lot, actually so.
Speaker 9: I was the Minister of Jobs and Housing in the Harper government, during which time housing costs half as much as it does today. I helped mister Harper cut the GST, cut income tax, cut business tax, and balance the budget. Over my time in Parliament, I've been scrutinizing and studying the books on the Public Accounts Committee, the Operations Committee, the Finance Committee. And if you want any proof that my economic ideas are the best, the liberals are all trying to pretend that they're copying them right before the election. All the big economic questions of the last five years, Mark Carney has been wrong and exactly wrong, and I have been right. I said five years ago the money printing would cause inflation. He said deflation was on the horizon. I turned out to be right. I said the carbon tax would drive up food prices, and it did drove them up thirty seven percent, faster in Canada than in the United States of America. I was the first parliamentarian to predict that we would have the inflation crisis, while Carney, Freeland, Trudeau and others were saying that we would not. I was the first one to be, along with my conservative colleagues, fighting for pipelines. Pipelines now everyone claims that they support after opposing them for the last ten years. So if mister Carney is so smart on economics, how is it that he was so wrong for so long on all of the economic issues. One thing I don't have experience with is taking jobs out of Canada, moving them to the United States, selling out our resource workers to support Middle Eastern these resource workers. That's not the kind of experience that I have, But that's not the kind of experience that we want.
Speaker 2: Despite what you're saying, recent polls are showing that more Canadians trust Mark Carney to deal with Donald Trump rather than you. Why do you think your message is not cutting through and getting through to Canadians.
Speaker 9: Canadians have a choice in the next election. Do they want to give the Liberals a fourth term in power after they drove up housing costs, food prices, and taxes, blocked resource projects and made us more reliant on Trump's America? Or do they want Canada First Conservatives who will acts taxes, build homes on leash production of our resources and bring home paychecks, production and sovereignty to our country.
Speaker 1: What instructions have you given your caucus members and your candidates about wearing mega merchandise or using mega slogans.
Speaker 9: Well, my instruction is that we should put Canada first. We want to put our country first, stand up for our country against both American aggression but also against the destructive liberal policies that have made us helpless and reliant on the US. I have also made it clear to my members of Parliament that we should favor bringing jobs back to Canada, not move them to the United States of America, as Mark Karney did when he had the chance.
Speaker 3: I still think we're going to have a carbon tax election, considering Mark Artney says he's going.
Speaker 9: To scrap the consumer we are going to have a carbon tax election because Mark Karney has proposed to add another industrial carbon tax on top of the existing one. In days, Donald Trump could impose tariffs on Canadian steel at the same time as Mark Carney says that he wants a new carbon tax on Canadian steel. By the way, it's not me that says his tax would apply to steel, it's him. In an interview he gave to CTV in Atlantic Canada month ago, he claimed that taxing steel was a great idea because people, he says, don't use steel anymore. Well, this building would come crashing down without steel. Automobiles would be impossible to make without steel. Our civilization is the bones of our civilization is steel. And Mark Carney wants to bring in a big industrial carbon tax on our steel workers at exactly the same time as Trump plans to tariff our steel. The combination of Trump's tariffs and carbon tax Carney's tax would destroy our our steel sector and threaten our national security.
Speaker 2: Tax carbound.
Speaker 8: Exists to.
Speaker 9: Clasp Clark kilvu Clark ilver agitation duzim tax industrial solar carbon pre deja plas set in dim tax a O C for for permettery bound like you know s induzem tax q leve the milli and system the ready extreme mo complicate fen count c okay back lttax kill proposed pascus wind that the fasten on national xplicate command no trava von competition n A count is American visim pax carban Canada Ansky consel the notre PROGRAMVOI.
Speaker 5: Do you think about the.
Speaker 9: Harper about mister Carney saying that mister Harper offered him the post of Finance Minister. Mister Harper confirmed to me that Mark Karney has taken credit for things he has not done, and that if I could, if I could, he said that mister Carney has has He was astonished really at how Mark Carney took credit for things he never did, and at the same time we know this is a pattern for mister Karney. He claimed that he helped Paul Martin balance the budget in nineteen ninety eight. Well, Mark Karney wasn't even in the country or working for the government at that time. He didn't join the government as a bureaucrat until two thousand and four. So this is a consistent pattern of Mark Carney lying to the Canadian people. You know what I find interesting about Mark Karney. He doesn't want to take responsible for the things responsibility for the things he actually did, like advising Trudeau for the last five years, but he wants to take credit for things he did not do, like managing Canada's financial policies under the Harper government.
Speaker 5: Is not okay for.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at Depictions dot media for more information.