Speaker 1: I'm right. Hey, everybody, welcome to another episode of Ion Geopolitics. I'm Dimitch con Tako, so I'm here with the full crew. Andy Milburn, Mick Mulroy, Jason Lyons. A lot happened today, big, big sabotage attack in Russia by Ukraine hit a ton of aircraft, a ton of strategic bombers at an incredible operation, and like, let's just crack into it. You guys want to mud wrestle for who goes first?
Speaker 2: You tell me, I'll jump in if you want, go for it. Andy, all right, so you know essentially and guys jump in. Of course, here's what we know right now at upwards forty and upwards, strategic bombers have been destroyed. So, for instance, something like twenty seven Russian TU ninety five, and those of you out there who are egg geeks or followers of Alex Holings on, to U ninety five is very important to the Russians because they use it as a missile platform. In fact, a lot of the cruise missiles that are launched that Kiev are being fired by the t U ninety five, for instance, from over the Caspian Sea. Anyway, that's not the point. The main point is like at least forty of these strategic bombers, I mean it's strategic aircraft and deep located deep within side Russia four bases. Okay, and the reports vary, but as far as how deep inside Russia, one report says as far as names of place as deep as four thousand kilometers inside Russia have been destroyed by multiple FPV and other types of drones, mostly FPV drones. How did it happen? Well, apparently it's an SBU operation. SBU is their intelligence agency, not their military intelligence agency, but their equivalent of the CIA, and it's a eighteen month operation was planned for eighteen months by the head of the SBU is a guy named Vassilo Maluk by the way, who was born in nineteen eighty three, so he's a young guy, and he began the war actually as a as a soldier. He fought, he was involved in the fighting for the airport early on in the war. And so what they did this is really astounding. They smuggled in multiple FPV drones unknown how many, but it's probably, you know, probably upwards to of one hundred or more. And they smuggled in these wooden compartments all right, and I say smuggled in, I mean that's not that easy. But somehow they got them in over land and then subsequently welded or attached these compartments with the drones inside, to trucks that they knew the routes of these trucks would lead them within a few kilometers of the various bases that they've attacked. Okay, so you can imagine all the background that has to go into planning this. The truck drivers are unwitting. And here's the really astonishing part that we don't we can't answer how this was done, but it appears as though the FPV drones were operated from inside Ukraine. And if you look on in Twitterland you'll see now there's video of the trucks exploding. In one case, Russian soldiers are boarding the truck to try and stop the drones from taking off and the right and the truck just catches on fire and then explodes. So factored into this were, you know, some means of destroying the evidence and killing anyone who tried to come on board to prevent this from happening. I'll pause there for a moment. Let's see what you guys have to add to that.
Speaker 1: Mick Nick, you're muted it you're muted.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Well, what I would say is, hats off to the SBU. It's a you know, I'm very familiar with, and you know this is going to go down in history. Is one of the most effective, certainly in the cost effective range. Right, You're looking at some of these drones that are like five hundred dollars and they're taken out billion dollar aircraft. And I'm just getting because I'm going to be talking about this on ABC to show you the level of this. ABC usually doesn't break in on the weekends for this kind of stuff, but they are, so it really does show you how enormousis was. It looks like there were four different air bases that were targeted, and I mean, it's almost worth going down the list of aircraft that were taken out because it's a lot, you know, like like Andy said, billions of dollars worth of strategic aircraft which are not easily replaced. And it shows that once again, Russia is not anything near what we had made them out to be. When you can't even protect your places like this, thousands and thousands of kilometers inside Russia. But this is part of a much bigger discussion, right. So we saw a lot of talk this week with Senator Graham and Blumenthal and visiting President Zelensky talking about the sanctioning Russia's Russia Act. That needs to happen. It means we need to stop talking about these things. It's claire Russia is not interested at all and ceasefire negotiations. I mean they proposed Istanbul and then didn't show up basically even though President Trump was willing to show up and President Solenski was willing to show up. There's one party to this and it's been the same party since the invasion that isn't interested in the ceasefire. They only understand strength. This was showed. This showed strength today and it showed us. And then there's even other videos of other attacks going on today. I'm sure will we met with Russia sen and cruise missiles and drones right at civilians as it's done the whole time. Another war crime. But it's time and I think you can see the movement on including in Japan but also in Europe, on releasing frozen Russian assets and they need to pass this sectioning Russia Act, which will have a devastating effect potentially on Russia's ability to keep this war going financially. So hats off to them a hell of an operation. This is going to be dissected by every military of the planet right now to see how this was carried out and how they can potentially do in the future and defending goodness in the future, because this is going to lead to a whole different discussion on the use of drones, which is coming so fast. I don't think people even understand modern militaries, don't even understand the impact of what's going on in Ukraine on the future of warfare. And if you add that artificial intelligence in quantum computing, we're about to enter on a whole new air. I don't even know if science fiction has even caught up depicting what this era is going to be.
Speaker 2: So clearly it's time to coincide with I'm sorry, mat Yeah, clearly it's it's it's time possibly to coincide with with Senators Graham. Senator Graham and Bluementhal's visit to Kiev, right, I mean, they're in Kiev for now, and Silansky has just said to them, look, we have a roadmap for peace, we'd like to present it again and evidently had this up his sleeve, which is which is masterful timing. As we talk about the Russians don't understand please for peace or anything, but they do understand when they lose thirty percent of their strategic athleet.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, it's Jack.
Speaker 5: I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show.
Speaker 4: If you've been.
Speaker 5: Watching it, enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this. You can check out our Patreon It is patreon dot com slash the Team House, and for five dollars a month, you can get access to all of these episodes of The Team House ad free.
Speaker 4: The same goes with.
Speaker 5: Our affiliated podcast eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy that one you will also get all of those episodes add free. And you support the channel and the show, and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company and this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world of YouTube. Advertising, so we really appreciate all of you guys. There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, so if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise, we got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month, we will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merg shop and additionally, they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff, so please go and check them out and support the show.
Speaker 4: We really appreciate it, guys. Thank you.
Speaker 2: And by the way, there's things popping up on the news sadly. One it looks like one of these truck drivers was lynched or killed by Russian security forces and there's a picture of them swung out on the road with a rope around his neck. And the Russians have released two others having determined that they were unwitting crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason, give us a rundown of like what was lost and stuff like that. I think you have like a good handle on what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of conflicting because some of the number the numbers saying forty aircraft were hit, but the numbers that I'm getting it's way way over that. So I'll just read you the types of it aircraft and their significance. So we have some T one sixty Blackjacks, that is the and I'm giving you the NATO designation Blackjack. Those are the equivalent of their answer to the B one USB one bomber supersonic bomber long range. As Andy mentioned, some t U ninety five ms bears. Those are Cold War era propeller driven bombers, but have massive range for launching cruise missiles, anti ship missiles, those sorts of things.
Speaker 1: And they're using those almost every night, right, lobbing over cruise missiles.
Speaker 6: Yep. Absolutely. And then a couple of IL seventy eight m mitas aircraft. They are military transports pardon my notes here, Some AM twenty six CURL military transport aircraft. A couple of AN twelve cubs those are also Cold War era transport and patrol aircraft. Also significant. Some TU twenty two M three backfire supersonic bombers. Those are also Cold War air aircraft, some MiG thirty one Foxhounds. Foxhounds, they're supersonic interceptors. They're developing the seventies, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, and then there's rumor I don't know if they were hit or up, but probably the most significant aircraft that were lost, if this is true, or some two af A fifty mainstay aircraft. They are airborne early warning and control aircraft, so they can control multiple areas of the battlefield. Aircraft, missiles, they're not armed themselves, but they can control those things. And from what I understand, there were only six operational ones because there were others that were lost earlier as of twenty twenty four, So if they lost two more or even one, that's a significant loss. So that's the rundown that I have so far.
Speaker 2: Guys, can't I can't think of I can't think of a special operations case. And I mean, I'm sorry, special operations operation that rivals this, can you guys certainly you know in modern times, please let us know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And and the fact just the fact that you're you're using and I've heard others in the media use the term special operations, like most traditional special operations that people think of are green bereys, you know, seals, maresc. That sort of thing. And the fact that drones have been now placed in that realm is it's pretty significant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the intelligence that went into this, it's yeah, that's why I was running by the intelligence services, and that's likely what we're going to be seeing in the future.
Speaker 2: And incredibly ballsy actions on the ground, you know, getting I mean, the logistics of getting these things in country, getting them on top, welled in on top of the trucks. However they were attached on top of these trucks without being seen, you know, multiple trucks. I mean, it's it's just phenomenal. And the technoledge of being able to control these drones from all that distance.
Speaker 6: Absolutely Now I don't know how true. Sorry, no, no, not true. This is maybe U jents know, But I'm hearing that Zelenski himself took a personal interest in this and overseeing this, do you know if that's right makes sense?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is strategic level, This is a strategic impact operation for sure. I guess they probably could have guessed how successful it could have been when they were planning this and it looks like, you know, hit met expectations. So I hope this translates. Obviously it's going to be a military, huge military setback for Russia, but I hope it translates to people understanding that Ukraine is not losing like this this fiction that they're losing, and that there is is Russian propaganda that's there. I mean, if you look at the map from a year ago till now, it's barely any changed and this is UH and this is going to really set them back. And I and I hope they can just capitalize on this, not just militarily, but politically and internationally when it comes to support, I mean, back the back not only the person the country that's in the right, but back the country that's in that's got the mic and the smarts, and they're they're they are showing it, they're bringing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turns out they do have some cards to play, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Melayak has been you know, we've mentioned, we talked about Budenov who hits the UH, the g U R and UH, you know, he's the military intelligence side. Also relatively young guy late no and now forty years old, and he's been behind a lot of the he was, so the GUA is behind You remember all the talk about the Russian insurgent groups withinside Russia, and that was that was a g u R operation, and some of the drone strikes from Moscow came from g u R. But the SBU was behind the Crimean bridge attack if you remember that, and the and thee the sea drone attacks too. In fact, that one of the sea drones is named after Maluk, the head of the SBU, And it's kind of interesting. Malayuk's the first non political appointee as head of the SDU. You know it was I don't know if you're tracking, but earlier on in the war, not long after I appeared my infamous appearance on the Team House where you know, I said I they said, hey, Ukraine has some problems to solve itself. Zelenski was evidently watching, realizing that I was right, and fired five senior guys within the SBU. They've had problems within the SBU. In fact, Maluo after he was appointed, personally arrested the chief of staff of SBU's counter terrorism center as a Russian agent, and he's exposed three hundred's the SPU's arrested just in the last few months, three hundred alleged Russian or Ukrainian traitors within the Ukrainian security Service. So he's cleaning house inside and he's doing you know, he's him doing incredible things against Russia itself. You know, just finish up by saying that we talked about the fact that Russia not only has lost control of the seas, but has lost most of its black sea fleet, and the Ukrainian and Ukrainians don't even really have a navy to speak of. You know, it's all been asymmetric attacks. And in the same way, you know, here we are faffing around with thirty billion dollar aircraft carriers over.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew you were going to bring it back instinct.
Speaker 2: According to our own Secretary of Defense, within twenty minutes, right, that's what he said today. Every single US aircraft carry can be sunk within twenty minutes. But what's a real aircraft carrier. It's an articulated lorry, right, as the heads the British say, I just knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew I was coming back to go ahead and make sorry.
Speaker 3: Is the support that the US has in the pipeline is going to run out, right, So there's talk discussions underway of Europe buying our stuff and giving it to them, and we just need to not only continue our support, we need to increase our support. That's what the leader of the free world does. When a one country, particularly a country we identified from multiple national security strategies as one of our biggest adversary, invades the democratic country, we need to support. I'm going to be a broken record on this, but the problem is is there's a lot of talk, and the talk's going in the right direction, but there isn't a lot of action. Pass the bill, increase the support, release the funds of frozen assets. This is the time to really make difference. If you want to see a ceasfire, it's gonna have to be Russia seas itself losing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have an opportunity here.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I'm I guess h early estimates are saying that if the reporting is correct on the aircraft that were struck in the damage onto these airfields, there's about it's about two billion dollars in damage if it's true, which is a huge blow. And then also I think Andy, you sent us the link on x about a explosion observed at several Amorsk, home to Russian submarines.
Speaker 2: Your mut muty, Yeah, that's gonna be interesting to see. There's much chatter and twitter land on that, but there's more than I mean, there's multiple reports now of explosions there, suggesting maybe somehow they've combined this with an attack on a submarine base, either with c drones or maybe also with fpvs.
Speaker 6: And soon I saw two major bridges were hit as well. I didn't see where nine dead and uh yeah, I think one fell on a h a civilian train as well, so it'd probably be more casualties. But yeah, bold moves.
Speaker 3: Just think about what's going on right now in the US military, right all look at our all our bomber bases, look at our uh, you know, nuclear submarines.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We've got very comfortable with, you know, having conventional overmatch of all our adversaries. But this has changing the equation entirely.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is this is in my estimation, this calls for like an immediate freaking, I don't know what you want to call it, summit coming together to talk about where this is headed and how we make sure we maintain our superiority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, I'm not optimistic. We moved so slowly. And it's kind of an interesting dichotomy, right if I can say that word D.
Speaker 1: On this show of course does feel free?
Speaker 2: You know, we have a we have an assistance a military assistance group within Kiev. Now, I mean the US military does we and yes, But but what I'm heading on this is the days of US teaching Ukrainians anything a lot gone. I mean, we need we need to be learning from them at every single level what they have learned on the ground for everything from how that their soldiers fight, how they organize, to you know, this kind of special operation. I mean, we need to be learning and I'm not sure we are humble enough as an institution to do that. But you know, to mix point everything from our vulnerability is our use of high end drones and weapons systems that are incredibly vulnerable. We talked about losing thirty, you know, thirty predators over Yemen in the last few years, each of which is thirty million billion, I mean thirty sorry, thirty million dollars. You know, we just don't learn, and yet the Ukrainians are mass generating. You know, I read about one factory turning out ten thousand a month. You know, last time I was seeing like one thousand a month, I was way low. People were sending in comments about that, and we just are nowhere nearvous And our acquisition system operates like glacial speed. By the time that we you know, we've chosen to adopt a platform or weapons system and costing multi multimillion dollars, and by the time it hits the assembly line, it's already obsolete. We've got nothing, done nothing to fix that. We will do nothing to fix it. At the infantry level. And certainly, I'm speaking for the Marine Corps, we are hopelessly inadequately trained. I know that sounds like blasphemy, but the Marine Rifle Squad operates in much the same way did twenty years ago. It's no more lethal, has the same weapons systems that the use of drones isn't off the thought if they use them at all. You know, we really need to we really need to wake up, will we? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Another aspect of this is controlling the transfer of technology.
Speaker 2: Right, so we.
Speaker 3: As a country, legislation, whatever we need to do, we need to ensure that we're not only capitalizing on the technological advantages. But we're doing everything we can to prevent our adversaries from because you know, let's face it, they generally their plan China and talking about specifically, it's let the Americans develop it, innovate it, and then we're going to steal it and then mass produce it. We've got to make sure that that we cut that chain right. And one of the ways to do that is to work with your allies. I know it's not the popular approach right now, but we can do that if we work with our allies. And important to point out, you know, if you look at where the hubs in the United States are for technological advantage or advancement, I should say it's in northern California and around Boston. Why because that's what the universities that produce the best of the best are coming out of. We need to ensure that that continues. Like whatever political issues you know between the administration and I'll leave that to the political folks, but from a military standpoint, we want the best in the brightest come to the United States and.
Speaker 2: We want to take them.
Speaker 3: We want to we want to basically steal them.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean kidnapping.
Speaker 3: But you know, if you look at the top ten you know tech companies in the United States. I just heard this morning, five of them are run by immigrants into the United States. I mean, just go down the list. I mean, hell, Elon Musk right, let's let's let's let's try to get the best talent in the world the right way by lording to the United States for the best education and keep it up right, So this is all tied together. It's not a separate thing. It's not just an economic issue. It's about the preservation of our advantage in the in our nation security.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, right on a couple of things. In note, early on a couple of hours ago, Axios was reporting that the Trump administration was notified of this attack and they've protracted the trumpet. The administration wasn't notified until after this went down. So you know, there's just different disinformation running rampant for sure, like everywhere, everyone's gonna get caught up in it because this is happening so fast. I feel like the last time this was like it's such an insane sabotage clandestine covert op was Israel and the pagers with hesbolo. I guess shocking wise, right, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: But this is I mean, the scale of this is in fact, yes, that's right. We were astounded a few months ago at the sophistication of that operation and there and now it seems like a.
Speaker 1: I mean, they can't replace those aircraft, like they probably don't even the assembly lines to make new ones still because they're you know, they built them in the sixties and seventies or probably before then. Also another one, there's some chirping going on in like the Russia Telegram world about like how this opens up the possibility of a nuclear tactical nuclear retaliation. What do you I think it's bullshit? What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 6: I agree it's bullshit. I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, if they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: They're always gonna say, they're gonna use us. So so what is zukrain not supposed to win because they might use nukes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's uh yeah, I mean it'd be horrible if they do. But you got you're in it to win it, so you take every possible chance. You got to to put them on our heels. Absolutely, And if they use nuclear weapons even technical you know it's a low yield, it's gonna spread into Poland and out and I think should be considered an attack on NATO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to assume that. Like talking about before, we were talking about like learning the tactics and what's going on now in the war in Ukraine, Like we should be like at you know, learning this stuff as the US military. You have to assume Poland is like hoovering this information up right, like because they're on the front line right there with Belarus and stuff like that, like they they need to be gearing up for it if it were to ever happen.
Speaker 3: Well, you saw General Petraeus I think this week talking about he thinks Lithuania is next, right, So if we don't, if we don't assist Ukraine and in winning this, it's gonna spread. It's pretty obvious and it's time for It's time for action. Less words, more action.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I absolutely agree. I Mean when I when I coached and played football, there was a mantra that we use their weakness is our weakness, so we could be great, have the best defense in the state. But all it takes is one miss step coupled with that hubris of we have the best defense in the state and now we're then we've made the same mistakes are and we're getting our asses handed to us. So I think, like you said, make some sort of consortium. Something needs to be looked at in the United States, take a step back and say where are we vulnerable? Because if you think about it, it was a great special operation. They were able to smuggle these trucks in and pull this operation off. But think about here in the United States, trucks drive everywhere freely, you know. So, and I'm an aircraft geek and I'm always looking at videos of they call them plane spotters, who will sit outside of military bases and freely take pictures of these planes taking off and landing and everything. So what says that this couldn't happen here? You know, we need to definitely get off our harright horst and take a look back and say, you know, take a step back and say where are we vulnerable? In this same way?
Speaker 2: I mean, Putin's been threatening nuclear escalations since the beginning of the Wall. You know, frankly, what do you think is holding him back. It's not the goodness of his heart. It's not that oh yeah, hey, I would do it, and I'm too nice a guy. He's not doing it because he knows what's going to happen in return, and we haven't figured that out with you know, all the Russian sympathizers on the left and the right here constantly referred we're on the brink of the Third World War, you know whoever it is. And under under Biden, it was the right wing accusing him of bringing us to that. And now you know there's there's concern that there's accusations that Zelenski is doing that. Well, no, it's like a Russian is. Russia is the aggressor. By the way, it doesn't matter how we want to try and twist history. Russia is the aggressor and b Russia is not motivated by any feeling of benevolence towards the global world order. Putin doesn't care about casualties, even his own. If he has not used nuclear weapons yet, it's because he is shit scared. That's that they're going to be used against him too, in which will precipitate his downfall. I mean that is so obvious. It's just amazing that we have to explain it on this show. But Diaz, you described the show. Really the level that we're pitching is to to cater for those who like the obvious being explained to them.
Speaker 6: I would say we would lose We're gonna lose listeners after that.
Speaker 2: But no, no, right now.
Speaker 1: There was also like a like a thread of thought that what went down in the Russian telegram world about how this was their Pearl Harbor. It's like, guys, are we fucking living in the same world. Like Andy just said, Russia is by far and away, without a shadow of doubt the fucking aggressor here. So for them to beget.
Speaker 3: There, if we invaded Japan first, right, and then they fought back and blew up, then it would.
Speaker 1: Be like, yeah, anything else on this, I mean, it's pretty unprecedented thing. I know it's gonna be going on all day. We've all been on our phones while we've been doing this. It's looking at like any updates and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I still want to try to have Alex on at some point talk about the aircraft losses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would be great. Alex's uh, of course, airpower Sandbox News. He's the you know, an expert on aviation, I would say military aviation. I mean, do we even talk about anything else here than this because this is just the first thing that popped off and is insane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is it. Yeah, I mean, and I think I think as usual, you know, there's normally about these things, there's a flood of information and then there's there's gonna be a little bit of a gap, and then we'll get more. We'll probably hear whether or not the h we'll get a little more charity on which Russian bases were were hit.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, what we do know is roughly the order of magnitude of aircraft destroyed because has been very the videos of it, and all these bloggers and geeks who follow this stuff on on Twitter have been counting them. And by the way, so if you notice on all the FPV drones, and Alex will explain this, it's probably a very obvious point to Alex. But again, you know, I have made a career out of stating the obvious. But the fpvs are being driven right into the wing route. Have you noticed like the same place on every aircraft and apparently that is you know, if you're going to do a single strike on an aircraft, that's that's the best place to head. And the fact that, as you guys pointed out, four hundred dollars drone in sand.
Speaker 6: Can do that.
Speaker 2: Dam it's just by striking at that one point.
Speaker 1: Is there a possibility you think that they had like were the fiber optic ones, but the fiber optics were connected to the actual cab of the truck. No, right, So how are they controlling it so deep into Russia? That's the wild thing.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't understand. And the fiber optic connect to the truck wouldn't make any sense because the ground the fiber optics is supposed to connect to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So.
Speaker 2: I mean I mean that that is that is a complete unknown. I haven't heard of fbvs being controlled from that kind of distance. I mean, if we're talking, if we're really talking, I think it must be an exaggeration where someone said four thousand clicks in for one of these bases.
Speaker 1: But if not, but let's say it's a thousand if we're talking eighteen hundred clicks, Yeah, unprecedented, yea, right, No, these drones are like the range is like fifty kilometers. It's not super like long.
Speaker 3: Isn't the base like four thousand?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like forty three hundred clicks.
Speaker 1: So they must have had somebody on the ground, maybe not on the truck, not on the truck or in the truck, but somebody was on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know the I mean, obviously they had someone on the ground to get this one set up, but they would have had to have I mean, this is these are multiple mode. These are you know, dozens of operators, right, and so putting them on the ground would make them supremely vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it makes sense that they were not on the ground. But how they're doing.
Speaker 1: This is so there was a picture of the gentleman you mentioned who's run who runs the g u R. He was looking at a like it looked like a map of one of the bases. It could be possible with the right amount of intelligence in the right you know, knowing exactly where the stuff is. Like maybe they pre programmed these drones to where to fly to.
Speaker 2: Maybe absolutely maybe, except they're getting live feed from them, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have you have a connection somehow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there is a connection. Yeah, and I mean again, we probably won't find out all the technical details, but again here we are the most sophisticated nation in the world. I can't imagine us pulling something off like this, Yeah, Nick, can you? I mean, I know, probably we had a much better chance when you still at the agency.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the most technically capable guy, but I mean this, I think right now we need to be planning so that we can pull something like this off absolutely one hundred percent. I imagine that's not just the Marine Rifle squad that's behind the power curve on this. I imagine you could probably even say Jaysack and my old group Special Activities needs to needs to take suck up every piece lesson learned that's going on in Ukrain right now and and start figuring out how to use it, use it in practical applications preparing now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the aviation geek in me took this operation and put it into terms that of the US, say thirty years ago, even back in your Vietnam and an operation of this sort, the aircraft that would have had to have been used a manned aircraft. It's astounding that they were able to do this and not just do this. But the videos that I'm seeing are from a reconnaissance drone that flew over during and after the attack and untouched and was able to get over these airfields take close up pictures of the damage. Actually, I saw one where it was flying right behind one of the attack drones and watched it climb up and then dive right into, as Andy said, the wing root of an aircraft and destroy it. And then it just flew right over and kept recording. So the amount of manned aircraft that would have taken is its astounding that they were able to pull this off.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, so I can't verify this, but I got a message in odds toy so three hundred so as one hundred and fifty small attack drones and three hundred munitions right and one hundred and sixteen drones were launched this. The drones were controlled via Russian Russian telecommunications networks with automated guidance systems. So I'm gonna need someone to explain that a little memoir to me, because they've got automated guidance systems. I suppose that as a backup, can you, I mean tunneling. So I suppose they tunneled into Russian telecommunications networks to control these things. I mean, that's incredible, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean it totally beats having you know, twelve or so guys on the ground. We're controlling these that are within twenty kilometers of what's going on, and.
Speaker 2: I suppose you know what. Another point that this really has emphasized is how I mean there are layers. I'm sure there will of course be an integrated air defense system for every single one of those bases, right, and layers of TAY air defense I mean SAM systems EW and of course you know patrols. And yet there was no early warning, or if there was, it was too late, and we're not seeing anything any reports so many of these things being shot down, which just shows what a difficult task it is when you've got a small quad copter or multiple small quad copters that can simply overwhelm the system like that, they're operating at a low altitude and they're operating a short distance. You know, there's just no IADS isn't configured, No I adds is configured to defend against that kind of threat. But I love I love the fact that they do that trucks were used for this, commercial trucks and it's so effective, and I do you know, I'm not going to bang on about aircraft carriers again, but it really is. I mean, it really is a star contrast and illustrates for us what twenty first century war fash should look like and it doesn't look anything like what we're doing.
Speaker 6: And also the ripple effect of this, the mistrust that this is going to sow inside of Russia. I mean, any truck on the road now could be carrying these things, so every driver is under scrutiny. Uh, the people who, as you just pointed out, Andy, who are in charge of air defense, they're under scrutiny all this stuff. So though it's a the ripple effect is a big win for the Ukrainian So I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to jump in four minutes, all right, ABC breaking in.
Speaker 2: We've told you before about your priorities. Yeah, my god, show.
Speaker 3: You that this is usually don't don't do this on the weekend.
Speaker 1: So this is I think, Yeah, this is a hot topic. Yeah, this is a big deal. Yeah, maybe know that we know.
Speaker 2: What we need to get out. We need to get our version out first before making will.
Speaker 1: I'll get this out right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're paying more.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: We had more to talk about too, but this is kind of dominated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Gaza going on.
Speaker 3: We got the ceasefire rejection by Hamas. By the way, if I could put a plug in, no media station should put out that Hamas accepted a ceasefire if they change the terms. It's just common sense, right. You can't say I accept your offer to buy a car when you were trying to sell it for five thousand, and I come back and say I'll buy it for three thousand. It's a rejection of the offer. And then it gets everybody all excited for good reason because we'd all like to see a seasfire, but all and then they have to go, well, it's not really an accepted They said that the war has to end in the idea has to withdraw. So I put a I would ask all media, not just the US, not do that. Explain that they rejected the offer.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. They want to get there. They want to get their headline out first and their tweet out first. That's all they really give a shit about.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dian, I'm sending you something that you should put in in the chat when we put this out. I mean, there's some crazy video here, but check out when I just sent you. Tell me if you think that's real. I mean it apparently it is, but it just looks insane. No, it can't be real. But it's a picture of drones actually launching from the truck.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean it's we make sure. Let me make sure this is the right tweet you sent me. Yeah, that's funny. You're funny, Andy. I will put this in there. Andy doing a little shit talking.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. All right, guys, get out of here. Have a happy Sunday everybody as well. Obviously we'll have more information on this as in the next couple of days. Maybe we'll do something on Wednesday Thursday updating this of course. Check out all the guys' links. They're all in the description Patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse to help support the show. You get both the Teamhouse and I was on Geopolitics ad free and Early. Yeah. Thanks, guys, this is great.
Speaker 2: Thank his Take care the best fellas.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, it's Jack.
Speaker 5: I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show. If you've been watching it enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this, you can check out our Patreon. It is patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse, and for five dollars a month, you can get access to all of these episodes of The Teamhouse ad free.
Speaker 4: The same goes with.
Speaker 5: Our affiliated podcast, eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy that one, you will also get all of those episodes ad free, and you support the channel and the show, and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company, this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world of YouTube advertising.
Speaker 4: So we really appreciate all of you guys.
Speaker 5: There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, so if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise, we got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month. We will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merch Shop and additionally they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff, so please go and check them out and support the show.
Speaker 4: We really appreciate it, guys. Thank you,