Speaker 1: It's hello.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 1: We're like really up close right now our extream close up. I'm Laura Kane. This is Eric Rimmer, producer Brian Together, all of us make up Laura Kane after Dark the podcasts for the people. That's right tonight, we're going to be talking about the Oscars. We have a couple stories, and I'm going to tell you why I've been forever banned from the Academy Awards. According to the people that are part of the Academy. What did I do? I blame it on Neil Patrick Harris. But I will tell you all about that, and then we're gonna dance around who Eric is styling for the Oscars this year. Very exciting, and then we're going to play a game after that. Yes, okay, so let's jump right into the seat filling thing, all right? For five years?
Speaker 2: And how appropriate that you're wearing all red?
Speaker 1: That it was on purpose? Oh okay, because I'll tell you why I'm ring red. I'll get to that in a minute. For five years between the I think it was two thousand and thirteen to twoy eighteen, something like that, I was a seat filler every year for the Emmys and also the oscars.
Speaker 3: What is a seat filling?
Speaker 1: Okay, now this is what this is what got me into trouble. Now, a seat filler is somebody that fills the seat of somebody in the front of the house. When the lights go down or the lights go up and it's time for commercial a lot of the celebrities will either get up and use the restroom or they'll go to the bar, and then it's time for the show to begin and they're not done. So there are a group of people that are the seat filler wranglers, and they'll tell you we wait in the foyer of the theater in line, and when it's your turn, they'll say, okay, you sit in that seat, all right, you go over there. Okay, you go over there. So when the lights come back on and the show starts again, the seats all look filled. There have been times when I am in a seat I don't know whose seat I'm filling, but that person never came back. There was one year where I watched the entire show from like a front row almost a front row seat, because the person left and I don't still do this day to who that was. So in order to be a seat filler, You kind of have to know somebody. And I'm not going to tell you how I knew this person, but I knew somebody through someone and that's how I got hooked up. But you have to fill out this huge long form, get background checked, you have to get a passport photo taken, send it in. They make you a big badge that says sea filler, your name and your picture, and you wear it around your neck the entire time. And so I got in. I passed. They call you like two days before and they'll say you're in because there's so many people that want to do it. So you have to prepare and get a gown, and they're very specific about what you wear because you can't outshine the celebrities. You can't be outlandish and cause attention. You just have to blend in. That's the point. When it's when the lights are up and it's commercial time, you have to put your seat filler lanyard in front of you. That's a seat filler. Okay, when the lights go back up again or down when the show's again, you have to put it around on your back so it doesn't show on camera. So basically you're walking around with this bitch. It's huge too, so you're just scummed. You're just like kind of like yeah, like right exactly. The seat fill of rules are you don't talk about being a seat filler, which to me was always like okay, but it's kind of self explanatory, right Anyway, that was something I signed that said I wouldn't speak publicly about it. Also it said do not you are not allowed to speak to any celebrities unless spoken to God.
Speaker 3: You've broke this rule so many times.
Speaker 1: No cameras broke that, phones broke that rule. And again there was it was pages and pages ahead to sign.
Speaker 3: Real quick before you get into the Let's just show so all those pictures that you sent me, there were too many of them to put near individually, so I had to make them into a slide show because too many of them. Let's let's just show all the celebrities you because some of them are really awkward too.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are some that I took during commercial break and I just risked it. Most of them happened at the end of the show. All of the celebrities would gather in the foyer right in front of the stage just say hey, Hi, how you doing. Oh my gosh. I mean it was like a candy store because they were all there and they're all like a listers, right, that's where we would attack. That's where we would go.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: There's Jared Leto. Let's just ask him for a selfie. I was fearless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can, let me show these because these are this is I can. I can tell how awkward the situation was.
Speaker 1: And then do you have the video. We'll play the video after all the pictures, because I'll show you what happened. Okay, there I am in the audience. Somebody took that picture. My badge is yeah, see my badge around my neck. Up, that's another year. There's Kevin Spacey. He handed me a piece of pizza when oh, Aaron, Paul was the greatest. He was so nice from breaking bad. Oh Saul, better call Saul. I forgot his name.
Speaker 3: Bobout Her Kirk.
Speaker 1: Oh that's just John Travolta. That was right near the bathrooms. We caught him.
Speaker 3: He looks a little like like, okay, sure.
Speaker 1: They all do, but it's now Jared Letto looks.
Speaker 3: He looks like he looks mildly annoyed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he looks like he was having a good time.
Speaker 1: He's giving me a fox up. Yeah, that's one of my favorites right there, Jared Letto. Okay, that was at the end of the show. Okay, and then we're moving on to.
Speaker 2: Amy Adams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks mildly annoyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. This was a while ago.
Speaker 1: Yes, this was a while ago. This is this was before I got banned. John Hamm.
Speaker 3: He looks like he did not know a picture was being taken to last second.
Speaker 1: But yes, that's true.
Speaker 3: He's like, who are you? Oh, okay, but.
Speaker 2: I I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. It's John ham Okay, this is my favorite. This is my very first celebrity selfie. I saw Jack Nicholson in front of me.
Speaker 3: He was having a good time on this one.
Speaker 1: He was having a good time and I said, hey, can I can I take a picture? He didn't. I don't think he knew what a selfie was. So I just hurried and took it. And that's why he was talking during it, so that's why his mouth is open. But that is like my classic. That was the first seat filler experience. When I saw Jack Nicholson, I had to jump at the chance. I had to. I just had to. That's good, Okay, thank you. There's Leonardo DiCaprio, and then my friend Anita. That's Leo. He looks young, young, and not too annoyed. He looks like he's okay, he's he's being very polite.
Speaker 3: Say that he's polite.
Speaker 1: He's being very polite. Okay. So this picture, I'm holding an actual oscar. This is one of the things that got me into trouble, now I got I was seated next to a woman who had just won an Academy Award for Best Documentary and she was pretty drunk. So she started up a conversation with me and she's like, oh my god, would you want to hold this oscar? And I said yes, can you please take a picture of me with the oscar? Because this is incredible. So there's the picture. I didn't initiate this, she actually did.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool. And then you were like, hey, take a picture of me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh my god. Yes, it's one of my most prized possessions. Okay, So there's that. Okay, is that busy Phillips? This is remember I told you when she because people always tell me I look like busy Phillips, and I told her that. She was like, oh great, this was that the Emmy's Actually, no, this isn't the Oscars because she's friends with Michelle Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah she is.
Speaker 3: I mean you see it.
Speaker 1: Actually people tell me this all the time. And she was not happy about it because obviously she didn't like the I looked. But she did manage to take a picture with me, and there she does look super.
Speaker 2: She does look really annoyed.
Speaker 1: They were waiting for their limo at this time.
Speaker 3: She looks like she's being really polite though, considering how annoyed she is.
Speaker 1: This is just us strolling the red carpet on the way out. Excuse me, Yeah, there I am in the audience, right.
Speaker 3: Next to Oh, you're right in front of Michael B. Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yes, Michael B. Jordan.
Speaker 3: Yes, who is that in front?
Speaker 1: He's I forgot his name, but he's been on a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: I don't recognize him at all.
Speaker 1: But look at me looking right in the camera like I'm always trying to find that. Okay there, Okay, So one year we had to be extras on the red carpet for some reason, and so the photographers don't know who everybody is, so they just shoot pictures of everyone. So we're just getting flash flash flash, like who's that flash flash flash? It was so fun. So that's us in front of the camera experience, very cool experience. There. That's what it looked like outside the Dolby Theater. That's where I saw Michael Keaton throw away his acceptance speech when he lost for Birdman in the trash and then he left. Oh, there's my oscar.
Speaker 3: Holding towards Yeah, that's a better version.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's Tommy because I went with Tommy and Anita. Tommy with Patricia Arquette. Now this is Oh is that her? Y?
Speaker 3: Oh? I did not even recognize her.
Speaker 1: She's in Severn. Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 3: That's I did not even recognize her.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's really pretty.
Speaker 1: I know, she's so pretty. There's Kate Blenchett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And she looks very pleased.
Speaker 3: She actually yeah, she does not look pissy with you, not at all.
Speaker 1: But there's I think the next one is a celebrity that was kind of annoyed. No, no, no, not him. Okay, so Jonah Hill was really nice.
Speaker 3: I think this is the last one.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't. You don't have the Sharon Stone one. There's one with a group me, Tommy and Anita and Sharon Stone.
Speaker 3: I don't think I saw that one.
Speaker 1: And she looks like, just get this the hell over with. Okay, all right, now do you have the video? Now here's what happened the last time I was at the Oscars as a seat filler. One of the seat filler wranglers said, sit there in the aisle. So I was right on the aisle, So I sat there. The lights go back up and Neil Patrick Harris is not on the stage, He's in the aisles, and this is what happens.
Speaker 3: Are you a sea shiller?
Speaker 1: Are you sound?
Speaker 3: You're everywhere? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Laura? Hi? Laura. So basically he came up to me and said, hey, are you a seat filler? And I got scared because I thought, oh my god, is this a trick question? What am I supposed to say? Because I signed all this stuff? Oh my god? So of course I said yes, and he goes, what's your name? I said Laura and he goes, Hi, Lauren.
Speaker 2: I'm like Hi, he goes, You're everywhere.
Speaker 1: He goes you're yes, So that the minute that happened, that was on live TV and the oscars are everywhere.
Speaker 2: All of it. And by the way, I was at an Oscar a watch party and everybody went nut.
Speaker 1: My phone was on, was on Vibrate in my little purse in my lap, and it was like buzz buzz buzz, buzz, buzz buzz buzz. After that happened.
Speaker 3: It's kind of an awkward interaction actually, to be on live too, like to be on the oscars too, Are you like? Calls out a random woman. He's like, are you a paid extra here tonight? You're like?
Speaker 1: I was trending on Twitter when it was Twitter as the girl in the red dress, the seat filler in the red dress. So when I got home, Channel eight called me, uh NBC seven thirty nine Kosi. There was four local TV stations that sent reporters to my house here to interview me about the situation. Cause local girl gets called out on national TV, right, So I went ahead and talked about the seat filling experience and about Neil Patrick Krristadada. Well, apparently the Academy saw one of those news clips online and they were not happy at all because in the news story. They showed the picture of me with all the celebrities. They showed the picture of me holding the oscar, and that's what broke the camel's back and I got into huge trouble.
Speaker 3: So did they send you, like a letter or something or.
Speaker 1: You know what. I don't remember if they sent me a letter.
Speaker 2: I know that they Yeah, they did send you a letter, did they? Yeah? Could you read it to me? Oh?
Speaker 3: What did it say?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You had it for a while.
Speaker 1: I blanked that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just said to your.
Speaker 1: Or like, you broke the contract pretty much. So this morning okay, if you look up girl Red Dress, Oscars, Neil Patrick Harris, seat filler, you'll find a picture of me and him, and sometimes you'll see my face circled with a big thing that says banned or or fired or blacklisted. So these this morning show in Australia must have come across the picture or the story or something, and they got a hold of me through my work email and they asked for an interview and I'm like, sure, why not? I mean, enough time has passed. What am I gonna get in trouble again? So that was this morning. It was on Zoom it was ten thirty here, it was five thirty in the morning the next day in Australia, so they were they're like the number one morning show in Australia and there was like five of them on the show and they just interviewed me. It was really cool. It was on Zoom, so I did that this morning and it was it was really really cool.
Speaker 2: Oh fun, And.
Speaker 1: I think I ruined things for poor Tommy and Anita because after that they didn't do the Oscars anymore either.
Speaker 3: So they seat fillers are actually invited.
Speaker 1: They were seat fillers too, and it was actually really fun because we had to get there. We had to get there at eleven, even though the Oscars didn't even start till five.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, we had to get.
Speaker 1: There at eleven. We had a lot of waiting around. But then they threw us a luncheon, so we had like this luncheon in the hotel. Then we had to wait in a theater. Then they'd line us up outside the foyer and then we'd have to wait for the show to start. And so it was a lot of preparation, a lot of waiting around, a lot of and that's why I say wear comfortable shoes. I'm like, hell, no, am I gonna wear comfortable shoes at the Aufe. I want to wear like hot shoes. So I was always miserable in my shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah you hit the bar or anything or no, I don't know what was thinking. Maybe it'd be way more fun if you go to do out.
Speaker 1: In the bathroom. We saw the Kardashians. That's where we ran into. Oh we ran into Justin Timberlake, who did not want to take a picture.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, apparently he's a bit of a diva.
Speaker 1: Well, I think a lot of them. I saw Jennifer Aniston and she didn't look very happy. I seen Angelina Julia, I saw Brad Pitt. I mean, everybody. You can imagine.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: It was just the coolest experience. But I went out. When I went out, I went out big.
Speaker 2: You did you really did? You went out with a bang?
Speaker 1: I did, come on with a bang. Now this year, somebody else from our show is going to be at the Oscars doing something completely different and getting paid for it. Explain what you're doing and a kind of if you can, Where are you going to be, how long is it going to take? What time do you have to be there just that kind.
Speaker 2: Of I have to be there very early in the morning.
Speaker 1: So you have to be there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I know about forty eight hours, so I'll know on either Thursday or Friday who I am styling. Okay, and I know it's a woman.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When you see last week you said, wouldn't it be funny if you got Blake Lively? And I'm all, no, that would not be funny.
Speaker 1: That would be epic.
Speaker 3: I would pray for that.
Speaker 1: When you style a celebrity at the oscars, do you do? You do? They have like like five dresses to pick from and you say, Okay, you should put that one on with this accessory, Like what do you It.
Speaker 2: Depends on if they're under a licensing agreement with a designer, so like if they were.
Speaker 1: Like most of them are probably right.
Speaker 2: Like Charlie's their own was with Dior, so was Jennifer.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are.
Speaker 3: Lawrence, Yeah, Louie always has a dozen people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they have. So when you go into a situation like that, it'll be like a couple of racks of just that designer and then will narrow it down to like three and then two and then one.
Speaker 1: Okay, just pretend that this actor or actress already has their gown because it had to be fitted specifically. So your job at that point is to style them accessories, shoes, so you pick what goes on and matches everything, and then they have their hair and makeup person so that you're just one of their people.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: How long does it take?
Speaker 2: Just depends on the person. Some people don't care, meaning like, I've worked with Allison Janning before and she is super easy.
Speaker 1: Oh she seems so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's really cool.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't care.
Speaker 1: Is this person somebody that the person you heard it could be? Is this person known to be a diva of any kind?
Speaker 2: I have heard both.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you could get her in a mood or you could get her in a good mood or in a bad mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or him?
Speaker 1: Or can you say it's to her?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty confident. Very rarely have I had to style men, so I'm pretty sure it's probably a woman.
Speaker 1: If you say, hey, this bracelet is going to go perfect with the stress, and if they say no, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I've had that happen before.
Speaker 1: And then you just have to take it off. You have to do what they say, right, oh.
Speaker 2: Or do you demand that they lot well? And a lot of the times the publicist will have a lot to do with it, so they're people that they employ will go, well, you might like those shoes, but I don't like those shoes. So I've had situations before where I was working with an actress who the shoes. Everything was beautiful except for I hated the shoes, and she liked them. Her publicists like them. I didn't, and I said I would not wear those shoes. And here's why you'll wind up on the worst dress list, because it looks like you're wearing two different shoes. And she was like, oh, yeah, you're right. When she got out on the red carpet, she had the the ones that you picked, the ones that I didn't pick, the ones that I thought, and she wound up on the worst dressing. I'll tell you after, Okay.
Speaker 1: Why can't you tell us them? It's pat okay, because you're all right, right right. We don't want to. We don't want to jeopardize his upcoming job.
Speaker 3: But you alreadyjeopardized him enough.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 2: And I've worked with Sharon Stone before and I had a great experience with her. Oh okay, yeah, I really like did she.
Speaker 3: Do the basic instinct leg cross thing? I?
Speaker 1: Well, not for him.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I'll tell you after the show.
Speaker 1: Oh what.
Speaker 3: Straight moment?
Speaker 1: Do you have to stay with your celebrity the whole night? Are you done after?
Speaker 2: Your just depends on if they're changing for another event, So they go to the Governor's Ball or a vanity fair or something like that, and they want, okay that.
Speaker 3: I get to watch the Oscars after or in between?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where do you sit while the show's going on? Do you know yet?
Speaker 2: Uh? It just depends. I can go back to the hotel. I can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, an range between I'm guessing that it's more. It's more than a thousand dollars. You're going to be paid between a thousand? What is it between? Give me a range that what you're going to make to be a stylist. What does a stylist make to style somebody for the Academy Awards? What's the give range?
Speaker 2: It depends on who it is, what they're wearing, and how many how long you're there? Okay, so I'm gonna be there the full day?
Speaker 1: So are we talking a couple of fouls. That is so cool.
Speaker 3: She's like not to get too personally.
Speaker 1: Eric.
Speaker 3: How much money did you make last year? Entirely? Fiscal four? Fiscal years?
Speaker 1: Now? Can we talk about your W two from twenty twenty four? No, I'm just curious to know it. Like it?
Speaker 3: What figure did you put in box two nine?
Speaker 1: Oh? My gosh. The Academy Awards are on Sunday. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know'brien, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm actually so excited because Conan is the only late night host. I actually think it's so funny. Every time he'll be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he'll be really funny.
Speaker 1: Was the slap last year? Or two years ago? It was two or three years ago? It was so you're before last it was like two or three years ago. Who hosted last year? Jimmy Kimmel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Oh I do. I love him.
Speaker 1: Conan will be great?
Speaker 3: Is the best. Yeah, he's so funny.
Speaker 1: That if somebody, if you were celebrity and somebody asked you to host the Oscars, would you do it? I mean, it just seems like an awful somebody.
Speaker 2: If somebody asked me to host the Oscars. I do it for free.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it sounds really boring though. It's like super scripted and like everyone's gonna stick up their butt because it's.
Speaker 1: Totally it's very political, and it sounds like all you're going to be doing doing is you're gonna be bashed by everybody the public. Oh he sucked, she sucked.
Speaker 3: They're made up awards to like, yeah they're not. I mean anyway, well, I like voted in the best too. It's like a couple of a couple of guys get around, They're like you give it to them, Like.
Speaker 1: Now, how am I going to watch it with? You're not going to be around? Maybe I can come with you?
Speaker 2: Oh sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What would you be afraid of?
Speaker 2: Well, getting kicked out after all the things that I just told you everything? Oh my god, what do.
Speaker 1: I say too dangerous?
Speaker 3: Would you really ask your person like hey can I get a picture?
Speaker 2: Or that?
Speaker 1: Be?
Speaker 2: Like you know what, in all the years I've been doing it, I have never once asked anybody for a picture.
Speaker 3: That's probably good, that's great, that's professional. Just sneak went for us, just.
Speaker 2: And I will tell you this, give us no I off the show. I'll tell you one thing that I did that I thought of you.
Speaker 1: Because it was because it was against the rules.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can't. Now, he's got to go. He's got to be there next week.
Speaker 1: I know that's not jeopard They tap.
Speaker 3: Your phone lines because of your past, but behavior.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I bet the academy watches you.
Speaker 1: Academy is watching me. Okay, do you want to play a game real quick?
Speaker 2: Yes? All right?
Speaker 1: This is called guilty or Innocent. I'm going to put each of us on the hot seat and I'm going to give you a question and you have to tell We're gonna guess whether or not Brian is guilty or innocent. Oh me, When we go around the room and you're guilty, you have to tell us the story.
Speaker 2: Remember we had David on, who is the makeup artist Jane for Jane Fauna. We had him on last year. Yeah, who are my friend David who does Jane Fonda's makeup? Remember he? Yes, yes, he did her makeup for the SAG Awards because she won the Lifetime Achievement Award. She looks amazing her And how old is she almost ninety? No, she's eighty eight.
Speaker 3: I think I can't I better it be hard to make up for someone that's there.
Speaker 2: She looks so good.
Speaker 1: I'm sure her skin is pulled nice and true.
Speaker 2: Well, whatever she's had done, she looks great. Yeah, she doesn't look she's in that. She's in that category with only one other person I think in that share.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Madonna went kind of over.
Speaker 3: Sixty shares.
Speaker 1: Her plastic surgery is calmed down because remember she was. There was a minute there where it was like what bad? Right, you have those fillers and everything. Yeah, all right, we're gonna start with Brian.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's this game called.
Speaker 1: It's called guilty or innocent. I will read you a scenario and you have to tell me or we're gonna guess if he's done this, and then if and then he's gonna tell us, yes, I'm guilty or I'm innocent. Have you ever faked a family emergency to get out of work? Uh, well let's guess. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I thought I was just saying I'm gonna say no, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I would say I was gonna say yes, at least once in your work to get out of work. No, I innocent of that.
Speaker 3: I'm innocent. I'm sure you're not Okay, do one more because I screwed it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you ever secretly taken credit for somebody else's work? I don't think he has.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think that he he's.
Speaker 2: A pretty stand up guy. I don't. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You know what, he's young, Give him time, he'll do it. He'll eventually do something.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have either. I'm gonna be honest, I don't. Maybe I have, like, but it'd be like really a minor but I don't think.
Speaker 1: So, but like not on purpose, not like viciously.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Eric, you're in the hot seat. Okay, have you ever lied on your resume? Stop right there, let's let's Brian and I will discuss.
Speaker 3: No, because he's never thought to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say he hasn't lied, but he has definitely embellished.
Speaker 3: I bet he hasn't even done that because he's never thought that you could do that. I bet he treats his resume like a legal document.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so you're innocent.
Speaker 3: I have never He's like, they'll catch me and I'll get into jail or something.
Speaker 1: You've never like added a couple of little like fun little tidbits just to make it more exciting.
Speaker 2: No, I'm exciting enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now it's my turn to be on the hot seat. I'll read my own questions already, guys. Okay, it's it's number four.
Speaker 2: Number four, lour Kane. Have you ever been fired from a job?
Speaker 1: Yes, one, two, three times.
Speaker 3: Wait, let go doesn't.
Speaker 1: Count being like go? Okay, so being blown out? I was fired from We are a fire from Kixie.
Speaker 3: You're let go. It's different, Okay.
Speaker 1: I was fired from a shoe store in Fashion Valley before I even started. I trained, and then this was in college and I was in a sorority and I told my boss. I said, hey, get I'll be able to start, but not until rush is over at my sorority. And she did not think that that was important or cool and was like very upset and said, you know what, don't bother coming.
Speaker 3: Back fair, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I think I also got fired from Express too. I worked on the floor for like two days and then wow, I can't express clothes? Remember Express? Okay, Brian, Yeah, have you ever fallen asleep at work? Yes, of course he has.
Speaker 2: I'm gone, he's taken a nap. I'm gonna say yes if he was tired and he was just in front of a computer screen, maybe noted off.
Speaker 3: No, oh, now I will say I'll give you some partial credit because I work from home. In my work, when i'm done for the days is whenever i'm done. So maybe early day I finished at three thirty, maybe i'd take a nap from four to five. Like yeah, but like that's not really sleeping on the job, like my job was done.
Speaker 1: Because you're already done.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, but I've never been like, oh man, I got stuff to do, I'm gonna go take a nap.
Speaker 1: Though I do it all the time.
Speaker 3: I bet you do.
Speaker 2: I did, but.
Speaker 1: Like, but you're like at a desk where people come by.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did you go hide somewhere.
Speaker 2: This was horrible. It's happened twice, and.
Speaker 1: I can see this happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had during a This is not in the field that I'm in. Now, this is a long time.
Speaker 1: Was this his veterinary field or his bird training field or his modeling actually speak?
Speaker 3: Which have you guys seen the movie Cloudy with a Chance of meat Balls. Yes, you're like the guy who is like I was a pilot once. He's like I was also a doctor once and like just a million things. That's you well, no, it's when I worked well, I don't want to say where.
Speaker 1: I worked, the WHO store, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And we were having a big meeting in the conference room and it was just warm, and I had like a sweater or jacket on it, and I fell asleep and I think I farted, That's what happened. But then the other one I had, I wasn't feeling well and I took uh it niquill instead of day quill and I could And I was talking to a client and fell asleep talking to them at my desk.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Without jeopardizing my current employment.
Speaker 3: She was like, I actually I sleep every day.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Under her desk is a little space heater in a dog bed that she curls up on him.
Speaker 1: I will just say.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: There was an occasion years ago when I fell asleep during my shift for two hours.
Speaker 3: How many years ago? Okay?
Speaker 1: This is after Jeff, This was right after COVID like COVID, Oh okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, years did you like miss anything?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Did they even find out?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh Steph.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't allowed to work from home anymore I read. That's what I can only say that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you won't fire for that.
Speaker 2: I know that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Anyways, no more, no more.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you ever pretended to be busy when you weren't?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, yes, for sure? For sure, for sure give them another one. Cheat.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Have you ever called in sick and then gone out in public that same date? Absolutely? Because I don't. He may have felt ill, but he still needed to go to food for less to grab like a snack, so forced himself to go out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that. The bar for that bar is so low that I'm sure. Yes. Like, has he ever wilfully like, oh I'm so sick Boston and went out to like, you know, hookie from work? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, he's too He's too good of it, too.
Speaker 3: Straight laced, until a customer service rep give him.
Speaker 2: This is how good I am Every year my sick time, because that's the only thing that you can't recruit coop like that doesn't roll over right Every single year I lose sick time because same.
Speaker 3: I really I haven't taken sick day in four years. Yeah, I've just worked through it.
Speaker 2: The only time I've ever had to call in sick is when I've had like a horrible, horrible migraine, or I've just been so like I've had a sore throat or something and it could not get out of bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have blown off work exactly one time by calling in sick to go hang out with people.
Speaker 2: Because see one time, well this is my fear. My fear is I'm I'm way too honest, and I always feel like if I do it and then try and sneak out, I'm going to get caught, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: So I just one day, one day I actually was sick, like actually was sick. I didn't go into work and I ended up buying a car that day, and I came and I came to work the next day with a Mustang and they were like, they were like, you were sick. I was like, I swear to god, I was coughing my lungs out that day. By the they just delivered it to me. I literally pulled up in front of my job and my manager was like out front, she goes, you were sick yesterday where And she was like, I swear to god I was. I could not have worked. I just also happened to buy a car that day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it didn't look good.
Speaker 1: Have you ever gone, oh, okay, this is me, okay, this one which one or one of these? Any one of these you pick, you pick if you can read it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever made up an excuse to leave work early? Yes, you have.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you absolutely have. You've done every thing in the book to work before.
Speaker 1: Not lately. This isn't lately, No, seriously, because I really like what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 3: But in your in your history, you definitely have more than once. Oh every day.
Speaker 1: No, it's been a lot.
Speaker 3: I did know someone who faked having breast cancer to get work one day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, really that's not good.
Speaker 3: It was really and she got caught too that Yeah, that's a bad, bad karma. Yeah. It was to go to her and she left together her brother's baseball game, and she literally used like she's like, yeah, it was crazy, see that's what she was like nineteen.
Speaker 2: There's like, oh my god, I would never use like a disease or saying because because something.
Speaker 1: Bat will happen. Huh, Oh my gosh, for sure, Bryan. Yeah, have you ever flirted with somebody to get a better deal or a discount.
Speaker 3: Oh damn it. Sorry, next question, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I have for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh, first, I tried to flirt. I flirted my way out of that ticket one time, a speeding ticket. Really, uh huh was with a straight, macho cop. It was with a male cop. What but it was here in the hillcrest.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, San Diego p D. They don't have their own PD.
Speaker 1: I got pulled over when I lived in Coronado when I was doing traffic, when I was like twenty two driving BMW. I had now I was like a Honda. I had a low cut kind of a low cut dress. I looked nice.
Speaker 3: Did you expose yourself?
Speaker 1: It was early in the morning, because it was probably like four thirty in the morning. Pulls me over because I was speeding, of course, and I looked all put together, and I was like, oh gosh, you know what I am. Sorry, Yes, I was going too fast, but I am I'm on the air in twenty minutes. I do traffic for various stations. I was trying to like throw that out there. He goes, this won't be bit a minute. It's back, writes me. Ticke it nothing worked. The dress, the cleavage, the hair, the fact that I have like a cool sounding job.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: I've never talked my way out of a ticket, not once.
Speaker 3: I've never been pulled over, not once. What yeah, never been pulled over. Now. I did get a ticket once because the DMV didn't send me my renewal notice my registration.
Speaker 1: That's nothing. That's nothing.
Speaker 3: It cost me sixty bucks and my registration fee.
Speaker 1: Did you know there's a new law called the daylighting law where it starts March first, and if you are caught parking twenty feet from a crosswalk, you could get a seventy seven dollars ticket.
Speaker 3: I think it's actually a grey law because there are jerks that like park on crossworks and it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It had like the marked unmarked red doesn't matter, Like well, it.
Speaker 3: Has to be actual intersections though it's not right. Yeah, but it's like some people do park like literally on like right on intersection crosswalks of the tip. Wow, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Have you ever sent is this me? Yeah, gonna go, We're almost done a text to the wrong person. Oh yeah, now give us an example.
Speaker 3: Wait, damn it, we're supposed to get yet he asked me a different question.
Speaker 1: Have you ever lied about being on a diet while secretly eating junk food?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, because no, no, because he doesn't really he doesn't. He doesn't ever talk about being on.
Speaker 3: He may have like omitted, but not like lying. He's like, I'm not going to get into it, but.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I'm going to give him a different one and don't answer. Okay, have you ever laughed so hard that you peed yourself a little bit?
Speaker 3: I bet, I bet you.
Speaker 1: I'm almost certain.
Speaker 3: Never full blown pee, but just a trickle.
Speaker 1: There's a trickle that created a little spot on his pants.
Speaker 3: May I'm a spot. But he felt that he knew.
Speaker 1: Are we right?
Speaker 2: Not that I can recall, you've never peed yourself laughing? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I haven't either. Oh my gosh, you do all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I keep that shit tight.
Speaker 1: Literally, Okay twice one time.
Speaker 3: I want the details.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is funny. I was pregnant with Charlie.
Speaker 3: Oh that doesn't count.
Speaker 1: No, this is. And then I'll tell you my second one. And Randy was cutting up some sound. What we had done was we each drank the most carbonated soda there was, and we burped. We recorded each one of us burping, and Randy's job was to slow down the burps, and the next day we were going to play a game whose burp is it? Well, when he was slowing down the burps, they sounded like dinosaurs roaring.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 1: And it was just like so incredibly funny. I laughed so hard I completely peeded my overalls. Oh my god, I couldn't stop, and I had to tie like a jacket around my waist to leave the building because it was a giant wet spot. Second time it was during COVID. We were stuck inside. I was on the couch. Evan and I we called it Cuckoo hour every every time eight o'clock came around at night, and we were like cuckoo for cocoa puffs because we've been inside all day. She's been doing school all day. I don't know what happened, but I laughed so hard. I peed on the couch.
Speaker 3: Like are we talking like full bladder worth of full on spot.
Speaker 1: This big, and we had to take the things off. We had to like wash them right away. I was still laughing, and then I peed again on the same Oh my god, the same like five minutes later, it was so funny.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the pea that I smell. That's dog.
Speaker 1: I got something to handle that. By the way, all right, we'll do one more and then we're done.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna do this with Brian. So I'm not sure about this. Okay, have you ever clogged somebody else's toilet and say, I'm going to say there is a I'm feeling psychically, the answer is.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to say there's probably a log jam.
Speaker 1: That he just walked away from. Yeah, and didn't say a word. We're gonna say yes, no. Really.
Speaker 3: However, however, I have clogged a toilet and left without knowing I had clogged it and then was informed later, which is perhaps the most embarrassing it happened. I was like like probably nine or something, but it was still the most embarrassing.
Speaker 2: That's ever daily thing with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, never intentionally, although I'm honestly going.
Speaker 2: Over here her elephant poops.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all. You know what We're done. We are done. We've talked enough. I can't wait until next week when we hear who you've styled what it was like, because you're going to the oscars this year.
Speaker 2: I am, I am.
Speaker 1: We're going to watch it. You're going to be there.
Speaker 3: Laura's not going. She's not allowed.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: She ruined that opportunity I.
Speaker 1: Did for me and a couple other people. And I really still feel bad about that. Bob Well, I went out big.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna You really did.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, you guys for listening and watching and all the things. And we love you so much. We really do. We appreciate it and love your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts, love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet babies, and I mis you so much. Bye guys.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 2: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer Flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 2: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 1: Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane After Dark sent you. We love everything about La joya cosmetic surgery center. Go to the clamfam dot com