Speaker 1: Taking you back to school all summer.
Speaker 2: It sounds like.
Speaker 1: A high school term paper. They got a little more fifty five KRC The Talk Station by Bo Bye.
Speaker 3: At fifty five k r C The Talk Station. Happy Friday, Yes.
Speaker 4: There is a vacation.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 5: You know it's Friday because Joe hits the woohoo button. Happy Friday. By the time, it's right here. Glad to be and I'm looking forward to the guests this morning. Got a full lineup, thanks as always a Joe's Tracker for the lineup here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Couldn't do without Joe.
Speaker 5: Uh got Christopher Smith and joining us at seven am or six o'clock rather early segment with Christopher Smith and former vice mayor of the city since name talking about the woman that was killed in the drive by the other day. Get to the details on that momentarily. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Tech Day's gonna be talking about a drug cartel hacking security cameras, cameras for the purpose of tracking and killing informants. Okay, Amazon acquiring an artificial intelligence company whose technology here's everything you say like Alexa Hertz artificial intelligence damage scan technology has predictable problems those of the three topics with Dave Hatter here on Tech Friday at six point thirty, private citizen Brad Winster, a former Congressman. Rab Winster joined us in the studio talk about stuff and things. Certainly have an unlimited number of topics to go over with Brad Winster at seven o'clock hour for that the return of outspoken community activists. Andre A Ewing, thirty year retired police officer. He has stuff and things to say. You know, if I tell you, just go to Facebook and Andre Ewing a n d are ewing ewig search forman check out his video posts. The man doesn't pull any punches. He's so excited and he's so enthusiastic, and he is an angry, angry, angry man calling out just the nonsense that's going on in the city of Cincinnati and in defense of the Cincinnati Police Department. Having been an officer for thirty years, I think he knows what it's like out in the streets. And finally, you know, continuing the charitable mission that I enjoy, continuing here on the fifty five Casing Mornings show. Lori Flake from the Karen Wellington Foundation talking about an upcoming five K celebration, the Fun Run, taking place August sixteenth. Karen Wellington was diagnosed with breast cancer and ultimately died from it. She had a dream that when she was alive, before she passed away from breast cancer, she lived with it for ten years, that once she beat cancer, every year her family would send another family living with cancer on a vacation. So when she ultimately passed away in two thousand and seven, they turned her, you know, dream into a reality. The Karen Wellington Foundation was formed in two thousand and seven for folks living with breast cancer, and since two thousand and seven, the Foundation has gifted over three thousand what they call gifts of fun, which include beach vacation spot as, backstage passes, skydiving excursions, weekend getaways, game day tickets, hot air balloon rides, and just all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Fun.
Speaker 5: Apparently is what Karen was all about, enjoying life, fellowship. So that's what the point is of the foundation. So we're going to help them out spread the word about maybe gets you involved in the five K celebration, maybe even just to show up at Voice of America Park in Westchester. That's where it's taking place. So looking forward to heaven. Laurie on the program to talk about the Karen Wellington Foundation again that at eight thirty five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones since Christopher's coming on to talk about it. This shooting, innocent bystander gunned down in Over the Rhine happened on Wednesday, Green Street near Vine Street, fifteen minutes after nine pm, the second deadly shooting to take place in that particular area in twenty four hours. Police say she was shot in the back, found on the sixteen hundred block of Republic Street. Police Department SA. The woman was taken to UC Medical Center, where she died. They've identified her. It's Krishanda Sierra Win. She was only thirty four years old, unbelievable mother of five. One of her friends, speaking with local news WLW, said she touched a lot of people's hearts, had a caring, giving spirit, and was a very vibrant person. Gunman fired fifteen rounds from a vehicle on Green Street, then drove away. I'm sorry, you know, I'm always perplexed by this. What the hell is going on now? The president of the Over the Rhine Council, Maurice Wagoner, speaking with Channel five, and I don't understand this statement blamed the violence on what he calls a lack of response from law enforcement. Now we all know that lack of response from law enforcement is not where the violence comes from. It is a deterrent to violence. What drives violence is whatever going on in the head of the person who commits the violent act in this particular case, completely unjustifiable. Anyway, Maurice Wagoner said, we need a lot of presents on north of Lodi. We need a lot of police presidence north of Way Liberty Street, the officers walking the beat south of Liberty on Vron in main streets protecting that area. But we don't have anyone walking the beat north and protecting us. That may be a true statement. And we've all talked about since the beatdown incident of the twenty six about the allocation of scarce police resources. Where do you put them? I think we need to reach a full contingent of police officers. Maybe we could allocate resources better and perhaps better patrol the north of Liberty area. But that's not going to ultimately address where the violence comes from, and that of course goes back to that broader societal breakdown problem that we've been dealing with now that has been growing clearly anyway. Sergeant Phil Bacchina, speaking with Local five, said the padded to violence in the Cincinnati of latest frustrating. He said, there was somebody just freely firing a gun down the street and it hit her. Unacceptable, he said, said, I mean, we're working as hard as we can. We're on the streets trying to work as hard as we can, and this is just sad. It's sad for the city of Cincinnati. They don't believe the officers said there is an ongoing threat to the public. Officer begino, I truly believe our city is say, if we just have some people that just don't abide by the law, yeah, and absolutely, shooting a gun down a public street fifteen to twenty rounds, somebody might innocently get hurt, just like tonight. And I find that unfair to the citizens of Cincinnati, to us as police officers, that we have to respond to this. Yeah, I know, I get it. It's unfair to the city it's unfair to the police officers put themselves in a violent environment.
Speaker 3: But what in the hell who does something like that? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Maybe CHRISTOPHERI be on to answer that question coming up at six o'clock five one, three, seven, four nine, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. How about me interjecting some good news into the initial segment here on the FFTY five KRC Morning Show. It's Friday, so when not to talk about something good? A two point five billion dollar investment in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Congratulations. Is this something that was spurred on by Donald Trump's tariff efforts?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 5: iPhone All cover glass used on Apple iPhones and Apple watches are now going to be manufactured in Kentucky. According the announcement from Apple, They're partnering with Corning, which already has a glass manufacturing plant in Harrisburg, to create what the announcement says, the world's largest and most advanced smartphone glass production line. Let's see here, nine hundred people in Harrisburg. It's about thirty miles southwest of Lexington. Now Apple will be manu factoring one hundred percent of the cover glass used on iPhones and Apple eyewatching is right here in the United States for the first time ever.
Speaker 3: Well that's great, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Kentucky Projects Projects are part of Apple's broader initiative to invest one hundred billion dollars in the United States and now it's August sixth, company plans on investing total of six hundred billion dollars domestically over the next four years. Oh this as President Donald Trump Levey's tariff against countries around the globe and an effort to spur manufacturing jobs and growth in the United States. This, of course, is not the first announcement made by major manufacturers to invest billions of dollars in the United States. I guess you have to give Donald Trump credit for that. Evil Orange Man. M apple CEO Tim Cook Corning is a storied American company, and we're thrilled to work together to build the largest and most advanced production line ever created for smartphone glass. Thanks to the power of American manufacturing, any customer anywhere in the world to buys a new iPhone or Apple Watch will be holding precision glass made write here in Kentucky. We're grateful to the President and his administration for their support for American manufacturing. And we're excited for the innovation this investment will unlock. Yeah, it's a good thing. They say it's going to increase jobs. Currently, there's over four hundred employees there, so they're expecting maybe a fifty percent increase in the employees there. So yes, it is bringing jobs, it is bringing investment, and we can all proudly say, Hey, that iPhone, see that glass that's made in Kentucky. Congratulations to Kentucky, and I guess maybe congratulations to Donald Trump for achieving what he promised, which is further investment in American manufacturing. Five point fifteen Right now, fifty five KARS Talk Station. Feel free to give me a call. Love to hear from you. If you've got something to say. Beyond that, we'll move in a different direction.
Speaker 6: We get right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: A couple of years ago, I was seen on a Friday and a happy one to you.
Speaker 3: Five one three fifty five hundred, eight.
Speaker 5: Hundred eighty three talk contact fifty on HT and G funds, Pause and refresh. Hey you go a little get out of that. On a Friday morning, music. Uh, you know, I was railing the other day. I was really pleased to see yet another state got a waiver from the SNAP mandates and got a sugary beverages and crap foods removed from the available benefits under the SNAP program. It's nutrition supplement of nutrition, and if something has no nutritional value in it, then it shouldn't be paid for by the American taxpayer. I mean, SNAP should be a mechanism to encourage people to eat more healthy, and I think that's a good thing. So it's a step in the right direction. It's not depriving someone of rights or anything. This is a government program subject to limitations. Like all government programs, federal dollars come with strings attached. States managed the program, so you got to ask the federal government for a waiver to prohibit people from buying crap with SNAP benefits. But the Trauma Administration is granting those waivers. So I think there's maybe thirteen or fifteen or so states. I can't remember the exact number that have now moved in that direction, which I think is a good thing. It was a study that was released just the other day talking about cancer deaths from obesity and It concluded that obesit related cancer deaths have soared in the United States over the past two decades, jumping from three point seven to three million to thirteen and a half million people. Researchers a Jersey Shore University Medical Center, among others, presented this Endrican Society National meeting in San Francisco. That's where the study was released, analyzing more than thirty three thousand deaths from obesity associated cancers. Apparently, Vermont, Mi, son of Oklahoma have the highest rates. Goring to the CDC, the more than forty percent of Americans have obesity, which raises the risk of developing certain types of cancers, a little leading cause of cancers. From what I've read previously, obesity been associated with higher risk of developing thirteen specific different types of cancer and deenocarcinoma of the esophagus, breast cancer, colon and rectum cancer, uterus, gallbladder, upper stomach, kidneys, liver, ovaries, pancreas, thyroid and in meningeoma, which is brain cancer. Finally, multiple myeloma HMMM. Study co author doctor and Mohammed Bakers that confirm obesity related cancer mortality rates have more than tripled in the United States, saying obesity is a serious public health risk and the link between obesity and cancer is a crisis that should be addressed with the same urgency as other epidemics. Alarmingly, said one of the doctors, these cancers are increase singly not only in older adults, but also in younger patients, a trend we didn't see a generation ago. So these cancers tend to be more aggressive, hard to retreat, and costly to manage. The sheer number of people at risk, combined with the rising obesity rates, means we're looking at an increased cancer burdens on individuals, families, in the healthcare system. So yet young people are getting cancer earlier at a moral at a just truly alarming rate. And of course our young people are struggling with problems with weight problems as well. Need to get on the bandwagon when you start eating healthier in this country, and again, get that crap food off of the available benefits under snap. Let's see what Mark's got this morning. Mark, thanks for calling the Morning Show and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you, Brian, good morning. I'm not sure if you saw it or not, but I watched the interview last night that Laura Ingram did with Holly the girl had gotten beat down in Cincinnati there. Yeah, and some of the details that she disclosed on that interview are pretty damn disturbing from the response of the police and there the way that she described and and that they just leaned up against their cars and and again, I I do don't envy the police and in the major cities, I the jobs that they do is unreal and incredible. That they go out and they put their lives at risk every night or every day, you know, so don't I'm not saying this from the standpoint of I believe me. I'm a huge supporter of the of the police. But her her account of that, and I hope that you can have her on at some point, but her account of that the police chiefs should lose her job at a very very minimum.
Speaker 8: She's worthless.
Speaker 7: She's she's your typical DEI hire.
Speaker 8: And the reason she.
Speaker 7: Was so ticked off in that that press conference that she had had talking about the problem with people posting videos, the reason she was so ticked off is because they didn't want it expose And yeah, there's a line there where you say, you know, wiring filming. You should have been helping. But at the same time, it's kind of a double edged sword. You know, had those videos not gone out, could this have been covered up? But you know, Holly last night on the interview with Laura Ingram stated that when the police arrived, they didn't even take her name, They didn't take a statement that they there was people there that had been beaten that were basically begging the police to take their information, and the police didn't call for an ambulance. She had to take an uber away from there. They never did get her name. I would love to know what the what the reason was that officers if in fact, I mean that was her account, first hand account, so I have to take her for a word on it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: Now, were they two police offers that were standing in the middle of one hundred people that were highly.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to call it ad and they.
Speaker 7: Were agitated, Yeah, let's say agitated. But you know, you talked about the breakdown of society, a societal breakdown. No, it's not really a societal breakdown. You do have a breakdown, but it's in a certain segment of the society. It's a certain race of people that for whatever reason. And I'm not saying every single person. I'm not going to paint with that broad a brush, but you've mentioned that before. You see it in the driving behaviors on the interstates and on the roads. I can't tell you how many times I will be running seventy five mile an hour on two seventy five and two cars will go past me at one hundred and ten mile an hour. And there's no used to if you went sixty mile an hour or in anywhere around Cincinnati, you took a chance on getting pulled over, and believe me, that was kind of an aggravation too. But now it's gone the complete opposite to where just simple rules on the interstates that there's no regards for red lights, there's no I mean, the driving behavior is absolutely horrible. And the thing is is that this societal breakdown though it's we don't see large groups of other people from you know, different communities going out and doing these things. And it's again it's the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about, you know. And it's and if it was if it was white guys that are running down through downtown fire and off fifteen shots and just just indiscriminately shooting whoever happens to get in the way of a bullet. I would I would call it out the exact same way. So you know, I just I encourage you that if you can get Holly on. I just I was so ticked off after hearing her account of that last night and in the in the spirit of tom if people want things to change in this sety don't vote Democrats.
Speaker 3: It's catching on. Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Mark, Yeah, I putting aside the broad brush comments about race you don't necessarily agree with. But in so far as the traffic laws are concerned, yeah, there is no question in my mind the norm anymore in the high speed lane is eighty The default speed is eighty miles an hour. Not that I'm clamoring for a whole lot more police on the highways, just saying I don't know. Five twenty eight Do I have care City Talk station five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones stick around more to come maybe talking five KRC.
Speaker 9: Planning to build a new.
Speaker 3: Here is your town?
Speaker 5: Nine first one to what a WorldCast mostly Sunday day to day, chances of rain this afternoon and it'll be hot and humid. High of eighty nine, few clouds over night sixty nine for the low ninety to high. Tomorrow again hot and humid with afternoon showers, few clouds over night sixty nine and wash rinse. Repeat sunny, hot, humid on Sunday as well, with a chance of afternoon rain. Ninety one for the high end right now seventy one degrees fifty five krs BE talk Station five point thirty one fifty five kers BE talk Station five two to three. Talk the man with the catchphrase it's catching on, Tom, Welcome back to the fifty five carsee morning show.
Speaker 8: Yes, everybody needs to say it loud and proud.
Speaker 4: Tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, T shirts.
Speaker 8: Yoh. There's a lot of complicated issues and different things that need to be done. But really people, that is yes, that that will solve a whole lot of problems.
Speaker 5: I believe we should sell T shirts, print T shirts up. Quote don't quote democrat close quote Tom.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, full stop, right, full time on the weather note. I was talking to a guy yesterday at work, and I hadn't seen him in quite some time, and and uh, you know, when guys will see each other I haven't seen each other, We'll say, hey, what job was that? Yeah, oh yeah, it was this going on? And he goes, yeah, I remember there was. It was snowing, and I just stopped for a minute. I froze. God, you imagine how good that would feel right now, A little bit of cold weather, a little bit of a little bit of frost, that would feel so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, a moment's time, we'll all be asking, well, I'll be complaining about the frozen tundra in like five minutes time.
Speaker 8: Not me, not me, Jarry Jeff Walker said the same thing once. Im he's feeling in for you, not me. I will never be clamoring for this kind of weather. Never. I'm not asking for six eight issues of snow. But a little dusting right now sounds real good.
Speaker 3: I will concede that.
Speaker 8: Hey, you know, the whole issue of race seeps coming up, and people, you know, they get afraid of talking about it. Your last caller, he didn't seem to be too afraid of it. And and uh, you know there's there's pointing out observations, you know, without saying just if I see you and you're a particular race, I know you're going to do this that that's that's clearly racism. You don't know the person. But when you see a group of people actually doing something and they're all pretty much the same race, and you make that observation, we can't be afraid to do that. And I'm not saying that all of any race of not all. What's what what's the stereotypical thing about what Asians? They're all smart geniuses? Well no they're not, but you know there's a good chance that if you run into one, you know they're gonna be pretty smart, because well you know, that's the culture, and they teach the kids to work hard in school and all that. So to to be racist, but is one thing to point out things that that are obvious. You're making an observation about something. We can't be afraid to do that. And if we're so concerned about being labeled as racist or being labeled as as bad because of more particular race, then my dad used to always say, straighten up and fly right. To do what you're supposed to do, behave the way you're supposed to behave, and you won't have to worry about it. You know, you don't have to worry about being called this out of the other And even if you are, you can you can look yourself in the mirror. God, they're not they're not saying what they're not talking about me. They're they're just bored and crap out. You know, don't be afraid to do the right thing and say the right thing, and and you know, don't worry about what everybody else is saying about you. And please don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Bright sided Tom. Appreciate the at least the closing message. Five on three, seven, four nine, fifty two to three talk. It's like a million directions I can go. Fortunately, though I'm out of time in this segment five thirty five right now fifty five car see talk station that's saved by the clock. Foreign exchange, I'll save you money. It's all about saving money a foreign exchange because you get your car fixed. You're a traditionally imported car, Asian, European and Tesla's se certified Master technicians be working on your car. You get a full warranty on both parts and service. When you leave foreign Exchange, your car will be fixed. It's under warranty and you won't pay as much, which is the point of foreign exchange existence. You get great mechanical work, outstanding customer service. You need a loaner. They got a loaner. That's all well and good, but the amount of money you can save is pretty substantial. And with automobile repairs going through the roof and they are, it's an opportunity for you to get great work done in your car. It will be to your satisfact and you won't pay nearly as much as the dealer. So experience the foreign exchange difference. Westchester is the one I always recommend. It's the Tylersville Road. Eggsit off of I seventy five head east, just a little bit right on Kingland Drive and you're there.
Speaker 3: Tell him I said hi.
Speaker 5: When you swing on in and when you call it scheduled appointment that number five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three, six four four twenty six, twenty six. Online you'll find them at foreign X. That's foreign the letter X.
Speaker 6: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: You'll feel Pip.
Speaker 3: Fore of those moments in time.
Speaker 5: I wish everyone could see Joe stractor's facial expression when you hit the weather or the traffic button and nothing is there. It's a little bass for Joe, make him feel better. It's five forty on a Friday. Before I get to the stack of stupid, which yes includes naked guys, Let's see what Corey's got this morning. Corey, thanks for calling on Happy Friday. To you, sir, Happy Friday.
Speaker 10: Speaking of race and violence, FBI statistics obviously say, you know, thirteen percent of the population is black.
Speaker 7: Of that thirteen.
Speaker 10: Percent, about seventy percent female, six percent male. Of that six percent, three percent is black mails between steen and thirty five, and that's sixteen to thirty five demographic represent fifty four percent of every murder that takes place in the United States and eighty four percent of every single aggravated assault in the United States. So Grace don't have anything to do with it. Please explain those.
Speaker 5: Statistics all why people digest that. I've seen those statistics before, and I don't think you're skewing them. What kind of conclusion do we draw now? You know, folks out in the civil rights community might argue that, well, that's because as we live in a racist society, and we don't have any opportunity, and lack of opportunity means people are desperate, and desperate people go out and do desperate things. That's one retort to the statistics, or at least and endeavor to explain these statistics away. I don't know, so I may blame the lack of nuclear family, which is a profound problem within the black community. You know, we're just left to ponder these things. Sociologists have been doing it for years and years. Just wish it didn't exist as a problem or a phenomenon. Anyhow, Over to the stack is stupid. We got a man and marry we worrying nothing but a balaklava and plastic clogs, good luck, and carrying a sex toy on a stick.
Speaker 3: Has been startling.
Speaker 5: There's no flag for clearly, so let's see the flag would be balaklava, plastic clogs, and a sex toy on a stick anyway, startling tourists and wandering around historic castle in Slovakia. Article from the New York Post unidentified intruder posts for a picture carrying his sex toy on a stick near a castle there, which is described as a popular hiking destination. Reportedly apologized to the two female hikers who spotted him, claiming that he thought no visitors would be around on Monday, and then let them take his picture. One of the tourists Quota is saying he had a balaklava a stick and i'll use the word marital aid stuck to the stick. We were scared of him, but he told us he was sorry and that he didn't want us scare us. So he asked us for directions because he thought that since it was Monday, he wouldn't meet anyone. Apparently, this exhibition has turned and seemed to be leaving before he suddenly began following the women. One of the tourists said, when I turned around, he turned and started following us. I was terribly scared. I guess no one would have believed that we could meet something like that in the forest. But he allowed us to take a picture of him without any problems. It was lucky that there were two of us. I can't imagine what I would have done if I'd been alone. He said this was relaxation for him, that he often walks naked in the woods like This incident is being investigated by the police. Incident reported. Reportedly, the third encounter with that same visitor with the naked guy behavior left visitors disturbed. The man hasn't been seen engaging in any sexual behavior or confronting any visitors aggressively. Oh well, that makes me feel a lot better. We go to Cobb, Wisconsin and a Walmart. Ronald Gordon, twenty five years old, residents unknown, accused of being nude while reclining in the front passenger seat of a black Honda Accord in the front parking area of a Walmart in Mariatta, Accord to the Cob County Police Department, police observe two occupants sleeping within the vehicle, Gordon's genitals exposed in plain view.
Speaker 3: Of public as this tradition.
Speaker 5: Gordon charged with public indecency nude. I guess that's the name of the offense. Arrested July twenty third, seven point fifteen am and booked into the Cobb County Adult Attention Center. Released the same day at nine pm on a one thousand dollars bond. Nothing but questions after reading an article like that, five forty five more stupid coming up or you can chime in. Feel free to do that regardless though a number you want to call is for Cullen Electric. Great folks at Cullen do wonderful work on residential electric projects. Trust me, I've had them over my place more times than I can even remember. Cullen Electric folks of the right connections, and folks that are offering a special twenty percent off the service upgrade. Apparently service upgrades have gotten really, really expensive because of course new regulations are in place, regulations increasing the price of the service upgrade. So you can get twenty percent off that service upgrade if you act before the end of the month. So that discount applies up until the end of the month, and it applies to installation of a new panel and service entrance equipment for your home above or below ground residential single family service four hundred amps or less, and it extends to breaker panel and mainten service upgrades only. So enjoy the peace of mind you'll get with a ten year wiring warranty which you get with everything Colin will do for your home. And they do one to four customer services grade, So enjoy the discount. And it's now through the end of this month. To reach Colin, it's five one, three, two, two, seven four one one two, five one three two two seven four one one two. Find more about the company online and you can schedule appointment from the website which is collin Eelectriccincinnati dot com. That's Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five k an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: We all remember that one teacher who made five point fifty about Kreshiety Talk station.
Speaker 5: The naked guy wearing only a balaklava clogs and carrying a stick with a marital aid stuck on top of it.
Speaker 3: And Joe said there was no flag for this. He created one.
Speaker 5: Joe Chrecker is all about artificial intelligence, so he turned a he requested a flag for that, and I look up my Facebook instant message and there it is, Oh, this stack is stupid. A man played guilty to murdering his seventy three year old lover, Why are you doing that? Burying him in a bathtub full of concrete, and then treating the victims items as his own that until he was caught. According to the rest Warrenant, twenty six year old twenty six year old Juan Baron confessed the police that he had in fact murdered his seventy three year old lover a guy named Gary Ruby after the victim revealed that he had tested positive for HIV. What Baron allegedly strangled Ruby with a belt, dragged him into the bathtub. In the bathroom, slit his wrist in an effort to disguise his act as a suicide. Baron reportedly told police that after he found bags of concrete in the garage, he decided to conceal Ruby's body in the bathtub by pouring cement over him and disguising the smell with coffee grounds. Following the murder, Baron apparently continued to live in the one point two million dollar home, drove around the victims outie A six told police he considered fraudulently acquiring the home with forged documents. After he killed Ruby, he fled Hawaii with a friend after learning police were after him. The twenty six year old was found in California hiding in a crawl space on a bus that was headed to Mexico.
Speaker 3: As this tradition, he reached a.
Speaker 5: Plea agreement that involved pleading guilty Ruby's murdering was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 3: Story. This is an awful.
Speaker 5: One former sixth grade teacher here at Mansfield, Ohio, pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a student over the course of eighteen months, beginning when this child young girl was only fourteen years old. Court a local outlet, thirty nine year old Stephanie Kellenberger placed on lee from her job as a sixth grade teacher at Shelby Middle School after the school received serious allegations regarding her conduct. She was charged with seventeen counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor for four counts of sexual battery. Assistant prosecutor accused her of grooming the victim at just thirteen years old and then sexually assaulting her for the first time at age fourteen, continuing to assault the victim until she was sixteen years old. They said she didn't use any force. Now, this is kind of a twist here. Although the victim allegedly recommended Kellenberger only spend three years in prison, just wasn't having anything of that. Anything to do with that determine the sentence was too light. Sentenced her to fifteen years in the lock up after she pleaded guilty to all twenty one charges. I guess does it work that way in a female prison, Joe, you're going to assume fair enough. Well, maybe sharing the cell with her. Alabama teacher arrested in charge with engaging in sexual relationship with the minor a court of the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office Sarah Higgins Logan, thirty five, former teacher at North River Christian Academy facing one kind of school employee engaged in a sexual act. Investigation started with parents of the underage female student report of the alleged relationship to the authorities. Earlier in the middle of July. Case transferred to the Violent Crimes Unit Sexual Assault section. Warrant was issued. North of A Christian Academy confirmed the arrest of what they described as a former employee of a statement school described the situation as heart rendering for all involved. Logan no longer employed there, of course, having been released earlier in the week for reasons unrelated to the arrest. That's what they said, anyway, age and identity, a student not yet released, And finally rounding it out, high school music teacher in Canada charge with multiple sex crimes against one of her male students. She actually had completed a sexual abuse prevention program before she engaged in sexual conduct with her male student, Jennifer Elise Lawrence. Thirty one charge with sexual assault, sexual exploitation, child luring and making sexually explicit materials available to a person under the age of eighteen while teaching at the Maple Ridge Secondary School in Ontario. Took place between February and April this year. Corn to the court documents, qualified as a teacher in January twenty one and successfully completed a sexual abuse prevention program while working in the profession. I guess it didn't sit round them all up.
Speaker 12: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche.
Speaker 4: Dum.
Speaker 2: Good going, Douce.
Speaker 3: Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 5: Pustled by this instant message from Richard after finishing a show for a week's worth of shows, do you ever feel the need to go to a confessional? Not quite sure where you're coming from, Richard, but I guess the short answer is no, I'm not Catholic. Go on five point fifty six fifty five care stevetox station after the top of the air News, the return of the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman to talk about the woman who was shot in the back, and a drive by that plus Tech Friday at six pot thirty.
Speaker 3: You can stick around today's.
Speaker 1: Top stories at the top of the hour. What I'm Informed, I Feel Smarter fifty five KRCD Talkstation. This Stuff.
Speaker 5: Five kr CD Talk Station Right time I was wishing. Everyone ain't very happy Friday. Anybody can stick around all morning. Coming up, Bobbing the hour. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. One hour with Private Citizen Brad Weinster, former Congressman in studio Andre Ewing, the return of Andrea Community Activists outspoken man he is he's been on the program before. He'll return at eight oh five, get his thoughts on the latest goings on in the city. And we'll hear from Lori Flake with the Karen Wellington Foundation five k honoring Karen Wellington's mission to well help folks with Folks that have been diagnosed with cancer at least engage in some fun activity that's coming up in the meantime. Welcome back to the fifty five krsee morning show man who also has opinions and thoughts about what's going on in the city. Welcome back, Christopher Smithman, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. You got your thoughts and comments. We had an innocent bystander shot in the back in downtown Cincinnati, a victim of a random violence. Fifteen to twenty gunshots randomly fired on Green Street where this woman died after being shot in the back. Christopher, Welcome back. She was a mother of five children, a mother of five.
Speaker 4: First, let me say that on Monday at the town hall meeting, there was an African American woman. Her her she's an attorney. I think her last name was Riley. And she got up at the town hall meeting Brian and she said, I live in OTR. I'm two minutes away for my law firm, and I'm scared to walk outside. I'm scared to go to the grocery store. And she said, I'm thinking about leaving OTR because of the level of islands and I'm thinking about moving to the west side of town.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Monday, Yeah, and think about what happened on Thursday. Where she's she sees who lives down there. An African American woman who's trying to cross the streets and as you indicated, fifteen shots rig out and most likely she turned to run and was shot in the back. A mother of five. And then to have you know, city hall say hey, you know you're still safe. You know, after every one of these shootings, it seems like the people at city Hall have the same kind of communication. Everybody is safe. You know, this maybe wasn't targeted. I don't know. I don't know what they're talking about. But you and I have been talking about the accelerated violence that we've been witnessing from the beginning of the summer, and I mean it seemed like every every week now you have and this is the second time at least one on Main Street there was just this random shooting of people just you know, the persons just braying bullets. This is what terrifies me. And we know, you and I know that the number one solution right now are cops on the street in uniform a sense of strength in order to quill the accelerated violence. But because the mayor is unwilling to call in the troops, and I mean this it's not about not having them, it's about putting a plan together, asking them to change their shifts, making sure they feel confident that if they run into a problem. The problem that I'm talking about is they have to pull their weapon and take someone's life. That you're not going to have a prosecutor pulling together a grand jury saying I'm going to take your entire livelihood away because you've got to youth down there with a weapon pointing at me, on the run, stealing or robbing somebody, and they take their life. And it's the combination of a white officer and a young African American youth. We know that that's the combination that brings in all of the activists and then say something happened here that was wrong. They need to know that if they do proactive policing, Brion Thomas, that the mayor and the city city council and the city manager will have their back, and they just don't have that confident.
Speaker 5: Well, and then you have the apparently the iris rallies of the world out there are calling out literally every single thing police do. I mean they look at a scancer sideways, then you're going to be called in and have someone you know, basically micromanaged. I mean, look through every single illustration and instance in any videos or whatever to try to find something that the officer did that what they believed to be wrong. I mean, if you're going to have your every movement analyzed by someone after the fact with twenty twenty hindsight, I can't imagine that's really, you know, resulting in more law enforcement, result in less law enforcement. They don't want to get engaged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I you know, Irish Rowley is a consultant. This is what you know what I've been told making six figures for the for the city of Sciati, working for the mayor's office or and or the city manager's office. And I've seen one video where she's intervening between an officer having a conversation with the with the citation or the recitation of an African American man on a bicycle, and I thought that the interaction was completely inappropriate, completely inappropriate. And I don't know in what world that person, meaning the Irish Roly would not be detained by the officer You're injecting yourself as I'm talking to a citizen, And why the mayor, the police chief, the city manager would not call her on the confet to never engage in that kind of behavior. I don't. I don't. I don't understand it at all. I can't defend it as a fear of law and public safety. There is no way something like that.
Speaker 5: Would be happening, interfering with a police officer performing his duties.
Speaker 3: I think that's you could get cited for that.
Speaker 4: I absolutely believe you can. There's no way that you just inject yourself when an officer is in the middle of their communication with assistant. Now you can sit back, you can observe, you can take your phone out, you can record, but that's not what's on the video. I mean the you know, the Iris BROWLEI. I think at one point he said, I'm going to continue to walk with you. I think she indicated that she doesn't trust them. Why would you say those things? My point is that coming from city hall, I don't think the public in our fifty two neighborhoods north Side, I say, you know, whether you're talking about Westwood, where you're talking about Hyde Park, Amount Lookout, I don't think they understand that coming from city hall is this anti cop. I don't trust you, or I want to defundge you, or I want to reimagine you it's not about the community policing. The police department doesn't mind that tone. We've already accepted the collaborative agreement. We've already accepted community based policing. That's not the problem. The problem now is the pendulum has swung so far that the police feel like they can't do their job. And that's one of the reasons we're seeing this increase in crime. Elections have consequences, Meaning four years ago we elected this mayor. I know I was one of those who warned we continue to for whatever reason, we can't elect a diverse group of people on city council. I don't know what it is that citizens and Cincinnati seem to not understand that you want diversity, like a Live Keeping on council or an Amy Murray on council. You want this diversity because what that does is in your local government you're getting the best public policies. You know, that's where politics really you can take it out. You know, you want a council that's about getting your trash picked up, making sure you have a good law enforcement firefighters in place, making sure that if you have a main break, that you have a great water works division. Even though they're they're you know, they are reporting to the county, but they still have part of their division working for the city of Cincinnati. You get what I'm saying, You're talking about the runnings of a city an executive. We have a mayor who's more involved in cutting ribbons and and really just kind of being you know, fashionable, not this executive. And we're now paying that price. And we have nine members of council right for I cannot stress the President pro tim saying that those citizens who were attacked a couple of weeks ago were begging for it. It's so grotesque and horrific that I cannot go without mentioning it, because I don't understand Brian, how she's still working, how she still has a job. He didn't show up to law in Public Safety this past week. I don't get it, and I don't understand why she's not being called out by her old colleagues.
Speaker 5: Could I couldn't agree more with you on that one. That was a horrific statement. I mean, most notably when you look at the segment of the video that when you see Holly getting punched in the face, that she could stick with us, that they deserved it. It wasn't just the guy that was involved in the altercation that seemed to like start the whole thing. She included Holly in her statement and saying that Holly also deserved what she got, which is just the most inexcusable component of what she said. Let's PAUSEI bring Christopher back with more thoughts. Six twenty one, the fifty five per City Talk station. Hope everython's looking forward to a wonderful weekend. Have some plans, David hanging out with my dad? Probably? Maybe, I don't know, Christopher Smitheman's on the phone, Christopher, I suppose you know, having police in the right locations at the right time is an important thing. Allocation of scarce police resources is critical. But they literally can't be at all places at all times, and it seems like a sort of a failure in the system when you have this like mob attack, beat down three o'clock in the morning, limited police officers. You know, you can look back, with hindsight being twenty twenty and say, look, there are three giant events going on in downtown. You know all those events were over by eleven o'clock. That's when the music stops, the bars are up until two. Of course, people leave the bars right when the bars closed, so you're looking at three o'clock in the morning, and it's easy to second guess the police department. How come you didn't have more officers allocated that area? But when you look at this one who got shot in the back, she's north of Liberty on Green Street. You know, how come there weren't police officers patrolling in that neighborhood. We all might ask. They can't be everywhere at all times, and police being around at all times if it was even possible, don't address the problem of where this violence came from. You grew up in the city, didn't you, Christopher I did. How is it that you were able to stay, you know, a straight and narrow path and didn't engage in this. I guess you maybe knew some people who might have been, you know, grew up with some people your age that might have been inclined to engage in this type of horrific activity.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand where it comes from. Man.
Speaker 4: And we also had police officers. Dak could walk up and ask me what my name was, and there was an expectation that I would provide it. Period and if I saw it all, officer, there was an expectation from home, which is what you're indicating that I would be respectful and respond to the officers. But let me make this point clear. You know, city Hall is unwilling to ask for our shriffs for their support. So just think about that. So Sheriff McGuffey has not been involved in this dialogue. And there's a reason why. It's not the sheriff. It's that city Hall doesn't want the sheriffs because they don't believe the sheriffs are under the collaborative agreement.
Speaker 3: Oh is that it?
Speaker 4: I want you to hear that statement. And so the Mayorage listening to his consultant irish ROLEI who's telling him, Hey, the sheriffs aren't under the collaborative agreement, so we're not going to bring him in and help us patrol the city of Cincinnati. If I were Chair of Law and Public Safety and I was the mayor, I would have already brought sheriffs into help. So this is again, this is a cultural conflict of defund the police. Reimagine the police. We don't know what kind of training the sheriffs have. Instead of saying I need help. We've got people being murdered. The thirty four year old woman who got shot in the back wouldn't have cared if there was a sheriff on the corner deturring that shooting. But because city hall won't ask for help, Brian Thomas, we keep running into this problem. That's why I said, why haven't they really reached out. I'm talking earlier in the summer with the state of Ohio and we're in trouble. But before you get to the state of Ohio, you have our Hamilton County sheriffs. And the reason they won't is because of those things that I just said. Now, look Andre Ewing coming in coming up. Great police officer, know him well, African American, really into his health, just a great guy, and he's been very outspoken and I want to affirm him and thank him for his voice because the African American community is not monolithic. And but when Andre is talking, it's amazing that those same people that we're talking about, they're attacking him, and he deserves our support. I appreciate what he's saying and I think he is right. And of course I can't say enough about Congressman brad Winstrop and I'll be listening to the rest of your show. These are great leaders in our community with all kinds of good ideas and perspectives. City Hall needs to hear them. But I want you, I want to emphasize that point it I can't say it enough. Ask yourself, why haven't the share been asked to come in and help police Downtair Well.
Speaker 5: It can't be a budget issue because after the violence on the twenty six they quickly allocated two million dollars right away to hire additional lateral hires for the insane police department, So they clearly had some money laying around to address the post tragedy or to deal with the tragedy at least on some lever with the response after it already happened. Couldn't this have been done sooner?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Appreciate your comments Christopher always you look forward to Monday Man with your Smith event every Monday.
Speaker 4: So much for having me on. And my condolences to the mother of five who lost her life in our streets in downtown and I can't say enough of how that broke my heart and I pray that our mayor.
Speaker 5: Is reaching out to the victim's family. Thank you for a change. Thank you, Christopher. Look forward to Monday at seven to twenty with another conversation. Yes, and Brad Winster, we'll be on at seven five here in the morning show Andrea Ewing, Christopher mentioned joining the program. Jenedi weather poecas sunny, chance of afternoon rain, hot and humid eighty nine for the high, overnight lowes sixty nine with a few clouds sunny, hot, humid in the afternoon rain tomorrow ninety for the high, a few clouds overnight sixty nine for the low, and a real hot one on Sunday ninety one degrees. Yes it'll be sunny, Yes it'll be hot, Yes it'll be humid, and yes we'll have some afternoon possible rain sixty nine. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities get the Gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at u see health dot com s Life Transplant Step Bend seventy five. There's a new accident near Galbreth coming out of the Lachland split.
Speaker 2: They're on the right shoulder.
Speaker 13: So so far I'm not seeing a huge delay out of Lachland westbound two seventy five. They cleared the accident near seventy one Chucking Ramm fifty five k R See the talk station.
Speaker 5: Sex thirty one fifty five KRCD talk station. Always look forward to this time of the week. It is that time Tech Friday with Dave Hadebruck You by intrust it. The best in the business is the business career. When it comes to your business, computer needs interest it dot com is where you find Dave and the team and you should Dave. Welcome back to the program, my friend.
Speaker 9: Hey Brian, always good to be here.
Speaker 3: Sex.
Speaker 5: Some pretty good topics this morning, drug cartels, hacking into security cameras.
Speaker 3: What's this one all about?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I thought this was fascinating and terrifying at the same time, and also really speaks to the increasing state of constant surveillance that were under things to the Internet of things. And we've got another Internet of things topic come up. So people, you know, always wonder why I do a lot of public speaking, Brian, And you know, depending on the specific topic, whenever I can, I try to point out all the privacy and security issues with these so called smart devices aka the Internet of things. Right, and you and I have been talking about this for a long time. Have to understand the nature of these devices. First off, they're not designed for your privacy and your security. They're designed for ease of use, speed to market, and market share. If these things are too difficult to use, and the more security you build into them, the more difficult they become to use, people won't use them. And then secondarily, you know, most of these companies are selling these things at not much margin because they care less about the sale of the product to you than they do about collecting your data. So in this particular case, we've seen. So that's my general angst with the IoT. People are buying these devices, whether they're cameras, you know, thermostats, doorbells, washing machines, coffee machines, whatever. They don't know how to set them up correctly. They don't know how to make sure they're still getting software updates from the vendor, and most aren't after more than two years. They don't understand what data they're collecting, who that's shared with, whether it's listening to you, all that stuff. Right, so's that's my general general concern. And as more and more of this stuff goes up, and more and more of it is not configured correctly, more and more of it is insecure, more and more of it has not just cameras but microphones, where you're potentially under surveillance around the clock with these things, right, it just creates all kinds of potential issues for you. And then we've seen at least two examples. Now. In this case, the Cineloa cartel hired a hacker was able to use FBI informant or I guess agent records rather their agent rather than informant, and figure out what informants that agent was talking to, you know, figure out where these people are using things like cameras and so forth, that they hacked Internet of Things devices, and then you know they got a visit. You know, hey, I'm going to break your knee apps if you talk to this person again. In some cases people were killed, and so this, yeah, this is a recent example of how these devices can be used in ways you would not necessarily ever consider. And then you know, there was an example earlier in the it's probably still going on in the Russia Ukraine War, where Russia was apparently hacking web cameras in Ukraine and using them to look for targets. So think about the surveillance capability, Brian. Whether it's a ring camera on your house that could potentially be hacked, and then imagine all those cameras in your neighborhood if a drug gang or something was looking for someone and they could hack those, or a foreign adversary was looking to gather intelligence or target an individual or something. Now double or triple or you know, exponentially increase that thanks to cars that have cameras, and everything's got a camera. Now everything is connected, Internet of things, smart devices.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 9: Sadly, I'm not feeling too happy this morning, Brian. Sadly these things are creating an increasingly dystopian world because we keep adding more and more of them in we don't understand the potential problems they create. And now you're starting to see serious and potentially tragic and catastrophic real world effects. You know, people being killed as a result of these devices. Now I'm not saying if it were nineteen seventy five, they might not still have been able to find these people and intimidate or kill them. It's becoming increasingly easy and the average person doesn't realize how they're contributing to this or potentially will be victimized by it.
Speaker 5: That's a great point you make, Dave, no question about it. Undeniable. Coming up next, Amazon frightening stuff. They acquired an artificial intelligence company whose technology here speaking of which everything you say red flag that with Dave Hadter Coming up next after I mentioned Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning family owner operated and this is three generations. Chris is Emmer now at the Helm coming up on eighty years. And their business model has worked because well, they're great at customer service. The price is always right. They can handle all of your HVAC needs. They've been keeping areas home safe, efficient and comfortable. Again coming up in eighty years. So you can have your system service by carrier. You can have them install a new system if you need it. And right now, if you have to go with a new system, get a carrier comfort system and say fifteen hundred and fifty bucks from my friends at Zimmer. Count on the folks at Zimer to do a great job, and that carrier system is outstanding. So to get an appointment scheduled five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five two one ninety eight ninety three. You can also schedule appointment and learn online about all the services they offer up a right hand corner on the website to schedule that appointment even after hours. Go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Well you got a ton of equity in your home? You're sick? You talk station right time?
Speaker 5: Us with gave had er interest it dot com is how you reached Dave.
Speaker 3: And the crew.
Speaker 5: All right, this does not sound like a good acquisition. Amazon acquiring an artificial intelligence company that has technology that hears everything that we say.
Speaker 3: That's scary.
Speaker 9: Hell yeah. So while we're raging against the machine this morning, Brian, this is just a perfect, perfect segue from the pre ivious topic about how the IoT is being hacked to find and potentially kill people. This fits in because this could make it even worse. So, b Now, I'd never heard of it till this story popped up, and there was no chance I would ever buy something like this. B is apparently a wearable device, think of something like a fitness tracker fit bit, that sort of thing. And as I understand it, and I only barely understand it because of this story. Again, I would never buy something like this and would encourage everyone who knows me not to do this. This thing is always listening and it's trying to sort of take contextual cues from what you're doing, who you're talking to, that sort of thing, capture all that, sort of like an assistant, make notes, create tasks and that sort of thing. Right, So I guess the purported benefit is it's like an always on assistant. It can hear quote unquote, and it can sort of do things on your behalf thanks to AI in an automated type of fashion, like you don't have to ask it to do X, Y or z. It sort of figures that out on its own based on your usage. That's how I understand that works. Again, I have not seen one of these, and like I said, there's no way I would use one. My real concern with this, Brian, And they talk about this in the article. So Amazon is buying this company, you know they want to get in the wearables game, I guess, and I'm sure this will be purported again to be a great convenience and benefit for you because it's going to do stuff on your behalf. YadA YadA YadA, But I want to reading the article that brought this up. I want to kind of back into my main point. Unlike traditional electronics that require deliberate input, AI wearables operate in the background. They listen for context, interpret conversations, and adapt to user behavior in real time. While market is tools for productivity impersonalization. This pass the functionality introduced the substantial privacy risks. Yeah, the devices are always listening together far more than intended, from background chatter to private conversations, creating data of trails users may not be fully aware of. So you and I meet for lunch, I show up for listener lunch. That's even better. Example. I show up for listener lunch and you have one of these things. Potentially every single person that was there has been recorded by this Oh clearly, Yeah, who knows what they're saying? Who knows how far away you can hear? Who knows how accurate it is in its transcriptions?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 9: And now they say here. The device listens continuously unless the user manually mutes it primary function to help manage tasks by turning spoken cues into reminders and lists. It claims that it only records slash listens to people who have given it consent. Okay, So if I'm sitting in a restaurant near you, you don't know me, I'm having a private conversation with someone else. Can it hear that I haven't given it consent for sure?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 9: You know? So is it only listening to you as the owner because you're the only one that's given it consent? I mean, the whole thing is just crazy to me. But the bigger point it's not even this device per se or this Amazon deal or anything, but it's this idea that we keep adding more and more of this garbage AI glasses. You know, I wear glasses. Could my glasses have could they be men as new AI glasses? And you don't know while you're having lunch with me all that's being recorded. Well, yeah, that's sadly where we're at. And I bring this up because people need to understand this stuff is increasingly everywhere, it's increasingly listening. You don't know where the date is going, you don't know who has access to it, you don't know what they're doing to secure it, you don't know how it could be used against you at some future point, and you don't even know how accurate it is. Remember, AI hallucinates. Could this thing record a conversation with you and I do some sort of transcription on it or whatever, maybe not keep the actual recorded audio, create some sort of transcription and somehow that transcription would you know, frame me for a crime? Maybe?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I try to come over with the context in which you and I might be discussing criminal activity that we aren't really truly engaged in. Yeah, Like, let's say we're working on a script for a cop show on television or something. There is a murder and you got to talk about, you know, murdering someone in the setup and all, you know, just in a pure fiction, but you're making statements that sound like real information. It could consume that. And is it recording everything and keeping that recording? I mean, I suppose it would have to retain something in order to use its artificial intelligence logic to build upon prior conversations to kind of get an idea of which direction you might want to go, or whatever, to accomplish whatever goal it's supposed to accomplish.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Now, supposedly this b thing has you know, the AI kind of built into the device. It's doing most of the processing on the device, it's not sending it off to the cloud, So that's potentially better because that data would potentially be accessible to less people. But again, I understand the allure of these things. It's cool, it's convenient. It theoretically is going to improve your productivity and make your life better. I get it. I'm just telling folks that they need to think about the longer term consequences of something that could be listening to you all the time. And again, who has access to that, how long is it's stored, all that sort of stuff. You know, we are rapidly rolling this stuff out, and I don't think the average person gives much thought or has much concern around the potential consequences of this stuff. And I hate to be down the doomsday guy, but this stuff is everywhere increasingly so, and the potential consequences to all of us, especially if you don't understand that you might be being recorded either without your.
Speaker 5: Knowledge, and that made me a violation of laws out there, and know the state's laws vary from place to place regarding your right legally to record a conversation without someone else's permission, So to the extent it's listening into conversations intended to be in private, like a whispered communication at a different table, That could be a violation of the law. I'm no expert on that. It just immediately popped into my head. So maybe legal ramifications on top of the obvious privacy problems. Let's continue with Dave Hatter. It's six forty six right now, we're gonna find out about HURTS artificial intelligence in the problems that that presents. First, MRIs, how about four hundred and ninety five bucks for an MRI. You go to a hospital, you're gonna pay a hell of a lot more than that. MRIs can be like thirty five hundred bucks at a hospital. You may get a separate bill for the radiologist report that your doctor needs because it needs to be interpreted. That's what the radiologist reports all about. Echo cardigrams cost you thirty five hundred bucks at a hospital. Don't pay that five hundred bucks at affordable imaging services if you don't need an enhancement eight hundred with an enhancement. I've gotten multiple CT scans from affordable imaging services, meaning I say, maybe probably as much as twelve thousand dollars. Maybe a little bit more because they're five grand at a hospital lease they can be and then you know, separate bill with the radiologist report. Affordable imaging Services six hundred bucks with a contrast four fifty without. Why would you go to a hospital imaging department. Sure the overhead is loaded affordable imaging services, but they use the same kind of equipment with medical experts that have been doing this for decades.
Speaker 3: So do what I do.
Speaker 5: Go to affordable imaging services and save heap loads five one three seven, five three eight thousand. You do have a choice five one three seven, five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging.
Speaker 1: Dot com, fifty five krc the talk station and that is of.
Speaker 5: The fifty five krcdcalks station tech front of a day of Hatter or final segment, we always get three with Dave intrust it dot com and find Dave and the team what's going on over it hurts with artificial intelligence?
Speaker 4: Dave.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So this is a wild story and it points out in my mind despite all the hype and hyperbole we hear about AI. I mean, you can't hardly turn on any sort of media without hearing something about AISH all the time. It's it's everywhere, it's all the time, And I want to be really clear, Brian. As I've said many times in the past, there are many practical uses of this stuff. At INTEREST, we've come up with a lot of innovative ways to use this, some cybersecurity things that we've built on top of other AI related cybersecurity things. So I don't I always probably sound negative to people. There are plenty of positive uses, and there have been for many years. You know, AI is not new. It's been around for a long time, but it has rapidly progressed in its capabilities in the last few years, and it's just everywhere. I'm probably, like most of you, all sick of hearing about it all the time. But as we see more and more of it rolled out and used in different ways, whether it's embedded in IoT devices purportedly to help us or whatever, you know, we continue to see examples, despite all the hype of how great it is and how we're all going to be out of jobs and all that sort of thing, where it continues to have all kinds of problems. Whether it's so called AI therapists, there's some pre alarming stuff out there around that or this case here apparently hurts. So here's the headline, Brian Future, it hurts. AI system that scans for quote damage unquote on rental cars is turning into an epic disaster. So the idea is, you rent a car, you take it back to the airport. They run this through some system that has various sensors in it, and it scans the vehicle looking for damage and then uses AI to spot that damage. So rather than having a human being kind of give the thing once over, it's using AI. Apparently they rolled this out sometime back in April. The system is called UVI, assuming I'm pronouncing that right, and it seems to be making a lot of mistakes going haywire to some extent. They're getting an enormous amount of bad press. They say. Here, for example, someone gets a significant bill after the car was flagged for having damage. No one can see any damage on it. Next thing, you know, you try to call the customer service. They say, well, there's nothing we can do about it because that's just what the system said. And then you know, it's a great quote here that really I think kind of puts a finer point on this. None were able to help an all pointed fingers DEI scanner. They were told to contact customers work, but even that proved fudel after representative claims they can't do anything. Quote did the AI scanner misinterpret water reflections or dirt on the black car? Is damage? Unquote? There's no way to even present that possibility, no path to defend yourself. It's an unchallengeable automated accusation. And so, you know, could it find examples of damage a human being wouldn't find? Maybe kind of like if you remember Brian last I guess it was last week. Maybe we talked about the idea of you need to scan your ID to buy some beer or whatever at a store, and the idea that, you know, the clerk might do the calculation wrong, and the clerk might not be paying attention, might just want to let you slide through where the automated system would potentially stop that. You know, I understand why people want to build these things, but so much of it at this point is not it for primetime. Hurts is apparently getting an enormous amount of backlash on this, and I got to tell you now that I'm aware of this, of the likelihood of me rinting a car from Hurtz just went to zero because I'm not going to deal with this.
Speaker 5: I understanding, well a car, you know, in terms of process, I can see, you know, they pull the system into a garage that's rigged with cameras that can scan the car for damage.
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 5: Do it, scan it ahead of time, mark it down, and then bring it back and scan it. I can see that that does a better job than human a human looking for damage on the car. But if you're going to put someone through that, you better have an opportunity right there to call into question the conclusions that it may like if you're going to scan the car right away and it's part of the process, I'll get the report while I am there, and I can say that's not a scratch, that's dirt, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well at time, yeah, but real quick. So from the same article, two American readers also wrote to the website saying they've been find six hundred and fifty dollars each after AI scanner's flag damage. But when they looked at the photos attached to the finance and there's the photos did not match the timeframes they rented the cars in each case, the photos shared damage occurred before their rend and they shouldn't have been responsible at all. So again there's all this hype, right, these things are infallible, We're all going to be replaced, we're all going to die, whatever. But there's more and more examples like this out there where it does not. I know, this is a shock that anyone's ever used software doesn't perform as as sold. So but again I can tell you any any organizations that's using something like this, I would not run a car from them at this point because I'm not going to get a six hundred and fifty dollars fine and basically have no recourse except to call a lawyer go to small claims court. Right, It's just it's ridiculous. He's got time for.
Speaker 3: That, all right, don't run from hurts.
Speaker 9: So interesting. It's an interesting world, Brian.
Speaker 5: It is, and I'm sure like every week from now forever, you'll have another illustration of the problems that we're going to face at our interest it dot com. Thank you to you for you and your company for sponsoring the segment important it is, and look forward to next Friday with another edition of Tech Friday. Dave I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's my pleasure.
Speaker 5: Brian thanks Congressman Wedstrip, former congressman now private citizen in studio to talk about stuff and things and issues.
Speaker 3: He's looking forward to that.
Speaker 5: We'll have Andre you and joined the program at eight five, followed by Lori Flake from the Karen Wellington Foundation promoting their five K. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: The biggest ten lines just minutes away. At the top of the hour, I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 14: This report.
Speaker 5: Seven o six on a Friday, and a very happy one to you. One hour from now the return of my Ewing. He was a thirty year veteran police officer since police department, outspoken online in his criticism of the current city council, the mayor, the police chief and the city manager.
Speaker 3: Andre A one hour from now.
Speaker 5: Returns at the fifty five Carssey Morning Show. We'll also here from Lori Flake at eight thirty the Karen Wellington Foundation five K. We'll learn about who Karen Wellington was and the benefits we get from the five K. It relates to breast cancer and fun of all things if you can mix those two subject matters. Welcome back to the fifty five Carosey Morning Show in studio for a full hour, we call on private citizen former Congressman Brad Winster. Good to see you, my friend, Thanks for coming in today. Always good to be with you, Brian. Perfect timing on the heels of Tech. Friday's Dave Hatter. One of the subject matters you want to talk about was drones generally speaking, but most notably those that are built by the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean that's a real concern, and this is this is throughout and you know, even even if you have something that was assembled in America doesn't mean it doesn't have all of its roots in China. But the fact of the matter is with a lot of these drones, they are assembled and built in China, and unfortunately we're we're buying them and putting them in our local security or UH and other areas and and even to for like traffic patterns and things like that.
Speaker 5: And the Department has a contingent of drones. Now, right, that wasn't where they bought theirs. Well, that's the thing, and that's that was the next area. I was going, oh, okay, So so for for public safety and things like that we're using which can have a positive use is they've had us pointed out in your in your segment there with him. There's there's a lot of good uses for a lot of these things. Unfortunately, they're all tied to potential nefarious behavior and often that's that's so clear. You talked about that Amazon potential purchase, all these things just gathering way too much information on us. But but the drones are doing that, and if they have a connection to China, which the docking stations for a lot of these drones do, so they can have control. So imagine you create some chaos in some urban area and the emergency medical response is going to be guided by what drones pick up, or the police response is guided by what drones pickup, and you can shut those down or send them off into other places. Now that puts us behind the eight ball, and instead of being a positive for those responses, then it's a negative. So it's a perfect thing for an adversary. Right, We're going to create chaos with something and I don't want to go too far on that, but it could be anything, right, Yeah, Dave's talked about sort of hacking into the like, for example, computer systems of teslas for example, and turning them in from you know, fully automated automobiles into something that could be used as a weapon. You know, you got a three thousand plus pound, four thousand and five thousand pound vehicle, you know, take it over, get it up to high speed, running into a transformer, running into a crowd of people, as an active terrorism He's talked about that multiple multiple times.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, when you can take control of cars and those types of things, it's I just think about when you have, like in Florida, an evacuation route and you can mess that up entirely, you know, with doing things that create accidents, et cetera. And this illustrates a problem that that COVID really really brought to the public's attention, that we don't make anything here anymore. Pharmaceuticals all made in China. China is basically responsible for the medical care of America's military if you want to look at a subset of the population.
Speaker 5: That's scary stuff. And all this came to light, Oh my god. They make all the hospital the durable medical equipment. They make the masks, they make the saline, Oh my god, and we needed to bring it back here. But your point on drones and then being manufactured by China, how is it that we even I mean, I'll be so bold as to say even trade with them. In the the days of the Soviet Union, which is our biggest enemy during the Cold War, we didn't do any business at all with them. They didn't buy our gene. They wanted our geens, they couldn't buy them because we didn't trade with them. I remember, we wouldn't buy military hardware from the Soviet Union for obvious reasons. Chinese Communist Party is every bit as bad in terms of being our enemy as anybody from the Stalin or Khrushchev era in the Soviet Union. They're out to be the dominant global power, and we are giving them the ability to do it by buying everything from them, and in buying things from them, it gives them, like the drones, an opportunity to well infiltrate us.
Speaker 15: Well, especially when they are controlling things that affect our lives, like in healthcare. You know, you've heard me say it how many times over the last five six years on this shift. You had have told me when I was in Iraq that an adversary controlled my pharmaceuticals as a surgeon in Iraq, my pharmaceuticals, my protective equipment.
Speaker 3: How did we let this happen?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 15: And what's really sad about all of this in the world today, there's no there's no gratitude from China for anything, because if you go back, we were the ones that said, let's hold our hands out, let's embrace checks yep, and let's let's let's start, let's start changing course with this stuff. And there was a geopolitical motivation behind that. That was when the Soviet Union was still around. We didn't want the communists in China joined forces with the communists in the Soviet Union. We like to percolate that, you know, that the animosity that sort of existed between those two countries. So why not trade with China to the exclusion of the Soviet Union. But in so doing, we just.
Speaker 5: Empowered the Chinese Communist Party even more and built that country because if you look at the trade imbalance, we bought billions and billions and billions of dollars from them. That's profit for the Chinese Communist Party. Yeap, and things have changed.
Speaker 15: I mean when we were kids, I think a lot of things you'd pick up anything and say made in right right now, it's at least they're an ass war too. Yeah, at least they're an ally. But we've got an adversary who is determined, who is determined to try and control us in every way possible. And it's in agriculture, it's it's across the board, social media, they've got that TikTok. I would love for the President to strike a deal to make this an American company, which is what Congress had said we need to do, and I think he understands that. But we've we've got to get it done. That is the greatest psyops operation that any country could put forward. It is they are in the minds, especially of our youth, you know, so the and these are the youth that we still have alive because at the same time they're working in creating fentanyl and killing more of our youth, where overdoses have killed over one hundred thousand for the like the last four years until the Trump administration, and now that number is going down because of more control at the border.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 15: Everywhere you turn, Brian, it's everywhere you turn. They are so sophisticated in what they are doing, and it's the quiet things that just you don't see it affecting your everyday life until it does.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm thoroughly convinced the Chinese communist parties behind this propaganda campaign. I'll call it on carbon dioxide, global warming, climate change. Where does all the windmills and the technology, the solar panels, et cetera come to address this existential threat of exhalation plant food? Oh my god, we got to eradicate that from the atmosphere. It builds a Chinese Communist party because we buy everything from them that deals with global warming. And hm, now I had a cop Well they build coal plants exactly.
Speaker 3: They are increasing their coal plants. They don't care. It makes no sense.
Speaker 15: And you know, the interesting thing is if the Earth is warming, why, why is it? And how is it the controlling co two It makes a difference. We're doing all these things. I'm all for clean air and clean water, but what we found is what's warming the oceans In particular. The National Atmospheric and Oceanographic Administration said, well, we've reduced the particulate matter in the atmosphere so much that we basically put like a magnifying glass between the Sun and the earth, warming it. And yeah, and so now that same organization is injecting particulate matter into the atmosphere to see if it cools things down, and the same time, the Biden administration is calling for greater reductions of particulate matter.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe some of these screens were okay.
Speaker 15: Maybe God said this will be okay because it'll kind of keep things under control and it won't kill you where the heat might.
Speaker 5: I guess, well, plants put out oxygen and plants eat carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide ergo is good. If it's good for plants, it's good for all. I mean, Lord Almighty, I just I can't get beyond that. It was a made up thing. Carbon dioxide isn't a pollutant, period, end of the story. They fabricated that lie. And thankful the Trump administration just pulled the guidance on that one. So maybe better times are ahead of us more with uh, well, we'll call them citizen private Citizen Brad Winsor, who still has his security clearance by the way, seven to fifteen, right, now fifty five KRC detalk station, Odor exit od o R e X no e od R XIT. I can't believe I did that. Odor exit dot Com. Get your other exit products to get rid of all the smells that you're surrounded by. Mold, mildew, human odor, pet odor, food, odors, smoke YEP. It works on weed smoke, they say one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. It will get rid of your smell. If you use those products as directed, you're going to have success. And to the unlikely event that you don't have success, they'll give you your money back. Buy them online shipped immediately to your home. They tried to do the best to get it there the next day. You can buy it locally anytime. Just go to the certain the search engine at odor exit dot Com. Again, one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee works on everything except the stench of politics.
Speaker 6: Odor Exit fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: When my business was taking here's.
Speaker 3: Your Channel nine first warning weather forecast.
Speaker 5: Hope you like heat and humidity, because you're gonna get a lot of it next several days. Sunny skies today, chance are in in the afternoon, It'll be hot and humid, e nine for a high few clouds every night down to sixty nine ninety to high tomorrow with pot humid conditions and a chance of afternoon ran overnight, a few clouds sixty nine and another hot humid day with the chance of afternoon rain on Sunday going up to ninety one sixty nine degrees.
Speaker 13: Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center to early sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities give the gift of life. Become an organ donor our explorer living donation at u see health dot com slash transplant southbound seventy five crews continue to work with the accident at the Reagan Highway. Everybody's lined up on the right shoulder. No delay coming on to the highway from the Reagan or on southbound seven out of Lackland northbound seventy five and inbound seventy four look good too, Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: Seven nineteen on a Friday in studio, private citizen Brad Weinstrip talking about uh well, pretty much broad based group of topics today and springing from the Chinese Communist Party operated drones that we scoop up and gobble up on a regular basis. The other thing it was just I know you wanted to bring this up, Brad, but really, like existential three a threat apocalyptic type revelation, was that agro terrorism thing. We had that person that was found with some spore or something caught in an airport and if unleashed, that could have caused just thousands of deaths or millions of people. I mean, starvation immediately comes to mom and you're talking.
Speaker 15: About well, yeah, it was it was a fungus that it could be used as what they're now terming an agropen. Okay, so you have a fungus that can destroy your crops, right, and so these are the types of things. So maybe they want to just drop it off in one particular cornfield.
Speaker 3: You know. In the minute you do that, itad everyb.
Speaker 15: And let's see, let's see how this happens. Let's see what happens with it, Yeah, exactly, and do a test run. And of course we're going to do the test run right here in the United States. Well, they probably already done it China. To be honest with you are going to control in a controlled setting, but they're bringing these things in. This is this is one of the greatest concerns that I have right now when it comes to our food supply, is the security of our food supply. So they're in the universities and you know under this under the Trump administration and Brooke Rolins, Secretary of AAG, you know they're trying to enforce what even the first Trump administration put into place is you have to know wh who are in your research labs that helps and the and their associate with China or a CCP sympathizer in some way. You have to know this because they're stealing intellectual property. We are constantly working on how we can increase our production, right because we have a lot of people defeat in this country. Let's increase our production, maybe even be able to export to places where they can't produce what we can produce. But instead they want to steal that so that they can be the superior in that in the region. And it's intellectual property. We're the innovators here, truly, you have it be stolen well.
Speaker 5: And your valid point you make with regard to us knowing who the faculty are that are doing these research products that are funded by the American tax payer. That's where all the cutting edge stuff happens. That's where the intellectual property is created that we don't want stolen.
Speaker 3: I understand all that.
Speaker 5: If they're directly affiliate with the Chinese Communist Party, they shouldn't be there. But you know what, we live in a country of people that has less and less concern over our sovereignty, defending America's interest, even thinking America is a good place to li.
Speaker 3: I saw an article just the other day.
Speaker 5: Sixty percent of Germans that were surveyed wouldn't even fight for their country if they were invaded. Now, if you have an attitude like that, you have a vast, vast swath of people that are in these industries that the Chinese Communist Party is interested in. They don't need one of their own in there. How about bribe somebody, somebody who doesn't even view it as an espionage, someone who doesn't view it as treeson us. You offer someone who's not making a whole lot of money, who has access to this, one hundred thousand dollars in bribe. Hey, just steal the information, put it on a thumb drive and hand it. Put it in my pocket. You got a lot of opportunity there in a country that doesn't care about its own borders.
Speaker 15: Well, that's exactly right, and I think that that's been propagated. And you see people today. I used to say, you know that we had people that put you know, America last, Yeah, I mean here in the United States, and it's like, are you kidding me? Do you understand? But see, they don't understand history. The don't understand how this country even came about. You know, it's and so you've got this wave of influence trying to pit us against each other at all times. I know you had Christopher Smuthman on before. He can talk about that at a local level, right, And and it does it very well as a matter of fact. But you look at all these types of things, here's where it can hit home. People got very upset with COVID, but for some reason, too many people in America were willing to accept the lies of our own government. So you have people today that say, I don't want to fight for this country. Well, do you want to fight for Tony Fauci? I mean, you know, you understand what people went through during this time, right, So, but at the same time, there's another group that say he's a god, and I can't believe, you know, people would ever question him. So we got we got to get some trust in our government back. That's the main thing. Well, but I do want to say a little bit more about the agricultural product. Sure, so the opportunity for sabotage you go back to what Dave Hatter's talking about. Now, I'll just use a simple example that people can relate to. You know, when you can't have your food or you get sick because of your food and someone else did that intentionally, that should arouse every American. But if you were example, you know you past yourize milk right, and so our milk is safe to drink. Well, what if you could hack into the machinery that's pasteurizing the milk that someone's monitoring that says everything's being done right, the temperature is perfect, everything's done right. But in actuality, what the what the reader is seeing on the screen that says it's done right, isn't happening.
Speaker 5: Well, they've already been hacked into our water system exactly, and they've manipulated whatever where they were putting in water. I mean, if you can do that. You can poison the water storce and you think it's okay.
Speaker 3: Though. This is what I'm saying is you're looking at a screen.
Speaker 5: The person I know that says everything ran well, it's not representing reality.
Speaker 15: And then you're putting out something that's not past your eyes. People get sick. I'm just using that as an example. We do have industry out there that are working very hard in private sector, working very hard to be able to detect any type of aggro sabotage. And matter of fact, I'm going to go visit them in just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Let's see that you got access to stuff like that benefit of your security clearance and.
Speaker 3: What's the team. You're on the President's.
Speaker 15: President's Intelligence Advisory Board, and I'm honored to be there. This has been around since Eisenhower and I had never heard of it basically until I got appointed. But I'm glad to have the chance to stay involved on a lot of issues, especially when it comes to our national security and health.
Speaker 5: Amen to that. Seven twenty six. If you five care see the dog station kitchen remodeling, think prestige interiors, and when you're thinking of prestigeteriers you were thinking about one guy, John Ryan. He is pressed Egonteriers. He's the man that'll be working with you and kitchen remodeling project, and you'll be glad about that. Really easy, easy guy to work with. And he's done so many kitchens over his thirty plus years of doing almost exclusively kitchens, that you can't throw something in his direction. He hasn't dealt with already, got great ideas about design, flow and function and storage. We of course took him up on those ideas and love what he did with our kitchen. Big projects are small. He's the man to work with. A plus the Better Business Bureau find him online his website Prestige one two three dot com, Pressige one two three dot com. Tell John Brian said, I when you give M a call, the number five one three two four seven zero two two nine. That's two four seven zero two two.
Speaker 6: Nine fifty five KRC the free iyeard radio down for the Channe nine weather forecast.
Speaker 5: Sunny skyes today, chance of afternoon rain, hot and humid eighty nine for the high down to sixty nine overnight with a few clowns, hot, humid and afternoon rain tomorrow. I have ninety overnight low sixty nine with a few clouds and another hot, humid afternoon chance of rain day on Sunday, well all.
Speaker 3: The way up to ninety one degrees. Right now sixteen nine degrees. It is time for traffic.
Speaker 13: Chucks from the UCL Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant or from multicultural communities give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore let me donation at you see how dot COM's last transplant. Highway traffic in very good shape for your Friday morning commute southbound seventy five. They cleared the accident near the Reagan Highway that was over on the right shoulder. No delay out of Lackland northbound seventy five in pretty good shape too through the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 5: Coup with seven thirty fifty five krc DE talk station Brian Thomas with private citizen former Congressman Brad Winster and studio. Still has his security clearance on the President's Security or Intelligence Committee and Internal Advisory Board, and so he has access to all kinds of secrets and stuff and things that he can't even talk about. I don't want to leave the subject to drones. I just want to mention real quick. I observe that Donald Trump said he's going to make America the number one global producer of drones. We got a little manufacturing to like catchup, ketchup to do. Yeah, I heard that may take as many as three years to accomplish. But at least we're on that trajectory. That's a good thing. We'll be making our own drones. But boy, when you look at what's going on with Ukraine and drone technology, and you look at what you know Israel did when they snuck into Iran and launched drones from close, fairly close range on those well variety of military targets. It was just all stealth. But it's the wave of warfare, the future of warfare. Yeah, you know that all those things combined.
Speaker 15: I was on Fox talking about really I called it the one two punch of Israel in the U United States on Iran. But before that, yeah, you saw what Ukraine did that they were able to penetrate into Russia, which I think would be pretty tough. Yeah, I was able to get your drones onto trucks. Into the heart of Russia. Yeah, around these military bases and then could open them up and then go in and destroy their planes.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, they're small, they're compact, they can be easily hidden. You can stealthily get in somewhere, you know. Going back to your comment about this the spores and that they caught from that one one person, I just think they have a plastic bag with this potentially deadly sport in them that could kill all kinds of crops one person, and we have a huge influx of humanity into our country, legal and illegal all the time. Any single one of those people could have the exact same bagg filled with danger much in the same way. Yeah, Ukraine figured out a sneak into Russia with military hardware.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Israel was able to, you know, put pagers out there and have them issued all the Hamas members and blow them up a couple of years later after they had distributed them.
Speaker 3: Holy cow.
Speaker 5: I mean, it just makes you realize how dangerous and susceptible we all are. We can't catch all the evil actors.
Speaker 15: No, you're never going to be able to. And some people are not like to me, like, well, how do you have peace? How do you sleep at night? Well, all this stuff, it's like, I just got to live the life I'm given here and I have a belief in God, and you know, we'll see what happens. Mankind is kind of out of control. But at the same time, I like where Donald Trump is going with that. Right, we need to be the dominant factor in that industry. We need to have the best, we need to be the makers of them. And he did talk about what we were talking about before, getting Chinese drones out of our systems and out of our lives and out of our country. You know, we went through this, Brian with Whahwei. Do you remember Whahwei talking about Whuawei about oh, six years ago. Huahwei was their surveillance camera system and things like that and communications. And I remember sitting with the Brits saying, you cannot buy theirs, right, you know, it looks good and you're going to well, we're going to have be able to protect ourselves, a face recognition all that kind of stuff. And it's like, no, you're not, You're turning yourself over to them. You do it, but we have been, we have been doing it. And one thing when drones were a nice little toy, just like a remote control boat your kid had, right, that seemed like a fine thing to do. It's beyond that, Oh, it's behavior and drones that can deliver things like aerosolives, fentanyl.
Speaker 3: These are concerns of mine.
Speaker 15: We are addressing those issues though, But the thing is, it's still very, very hard to totally control it.
Speaker 3: But you've got to start somewhere.
Speaker 5: And think about the slippery slope This leads to because of what we're talking about, how easy it is to do something nefarious, how many nefarious actors there are in the world. That usually is used as a sore to further invade our privacy. Oh, we've got to surveil everybody. We need to keep track of everyone's communication so we can find that bad actor. When we all know they have so much information that they gather every single day. Yes, they may be able to use it to find the person who perpetrated the crime or the terrorist act, but it's always after the fact.
Speaker 3: They do very.
Speaker 5: Little by way of intervention and stopping of crimes with this information they collect.
Speaker 15: So on a positive note of things that have happened recently, just let's turn to a ran first, of all what you saw with the Israelis. I mean, this really was a one two punch there. The Israelis have a tremendous intelligence, all the best in the world. They were able to take out individual scientists working on nuclear weapons, right, and leaders that they just targeted and basically left their population pretty much intact. And then we go in with these bunker busters. And some people want to say, well, that didn't do anything, didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it did.
Speaker 15: Psychologically it did a whole lot for one thing, because not only did it really surely have an effect on their nuclear program. And even if, as Obama's former or national security advisors said that, well they moved stuff, well if they move stuff, it's because you gave them the money too, He gave more tax payer dollars. But besides that, you know psychologically what it did, and you know, we went in they didn't know it. You know, this is their prize possession, this nuclear facility, and we go in and while they slept and took it out and they don't even know we were there until they heard the boom. But you know who else didn't know we were there.
Speaker 3: Jes King.
Speaker 15: And I think that's an important thing. To show when you talk about American might and American capabilities, so when we want to have these capabilities, why to be a deterrent? So we talk about all these bad things, but if if these people understand what we're capable of doing to them, it ought to make them think twice.
Speaker 5: Telegraph the deterrence with that mission. It's a pretty unbelievable mission too. More with Brad Winster seven thirty six. Right now fifty five krc DE talk station doing anything on the nineteenth nineteenth, that's the day the Emory Federal Credit Union nineteen. I'm sorry, the eighteenth, rother it's the nineteenth charity golf tournament, but it's on the eighteenth. Apologies, Monday, August eighteenth, and get them a fact straight as I'm staring at them. Benefiting Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. So you got a great day out on the golf course and you're playing golf for charity, So why not sign up? It's at four Bridges, a country club. All the details and how to register, get a force them together and sign up for it. Visit EMORYFCU dot org, where you can also learn about the benefits of banking with Emery, which is a better way to bank help them support the great cause a charitable care fund of children's play golf.
Speaker 3: Sign up Emory FCU.
Speaker 6: Dot org fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Lee Filter Rip.
Speaker 5: Here's your Channel nine first winning weather forecast. We have well sunny skies today. We have hot, mumid conditions and a chance of rain this afternoon. Today's high eighty nine, overnight down to sixty nine with a few clouds ninety the high tomorrow again another sunny, hot, humid day with a chance of afternoon rain.
Speaker 3: Sixty nine, a night with a few clouds.
Speaker 5: And come Sunday number three, Yes, sunny, hot, humid and a chance of afternoon rain with a high ninety one sixty nine degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant or from multicultural communities give the gift of life. Become an organ donor or explorer living donation at you see how dot COM's last transplant. Highway traffic and very good shape for your Friday morning commute.
Speaker 2: Step bound seventy five.
Speaker 13: They cleared the yanccident near the Ring and Highway that was over on the right shoulder.
Speaker 2: No delay out of Lachland.
Speaker 13: Northbound seventy five and pretty good shape too through the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five k the talk station seven.
Speaker 5: Forty Here fifty five KRC the talk station Brian Thomas with former Congressman Brad Winsor.
Speaker 3: Let's pivot over to Russia Gate. Congressman.
Speaker 5: Apparently there was a twenty eighteen intelligence report written that basically confirms there was no Russia collusion with the Trump campaign, that it was all made up. This was a conclusion from internal intelligence sources in the United States government. And we only now twenty twenty five get a twenty eighteen report because it was classified and buried and buried as well. Now, were you aware of this twenty eighteen report back when it was released, because you were on the inside with your security clearance and access to all this kind of thing.
Speaker 15: We wrote it. We wrote it. We were we had to keep your mouth shut all these years, right, We were in the majority when we wrote this. Okay, we did the investigation, and we you know, it started with oh Trump colluded with Russia. Well that was the beginning, and open eyed we go Okay, well, let's let's see if he did well. This is when we found out they paid for the fake dossier going after Trump, all the nefarious things they were doing, going to Carter page this and that.
Speaker 3: So we wrote this report.
Speaker 5: And then the line was made up in an effort to steer people away from Hillary Clinton's email problems. Originally correct, Well, that was Hillary versus Trumps. Absolutely that that was the idea, and Trumps was in bed with the Russians, and that's going to make him look bad, further ensuring Hillary Clinton will get elected. That was the that was the premise of their motive, motivation. And I can tell you, Brian, I remember sitting in committee one time, just looking over at the other side of the aisle, thinking there's somebody a virtue there, And I said, how did you feel when you found out you paid for this fake dossier? Not one person lifted their head and looked over at me. Not one person. They just kept their heads down. But we wrote this report in twenty eighteen, it was classified. Then there's this the change in the House. Democrats take over the House. Adam Schiff is now in charge of the Intelligence Committee, and this report gets buried and I mean buried paper, only a couple paper copies, I believe, and nowhere to be found, and it's going to stay classified, which means we can't talk about it. So when Tulsa Gabbert was able to come out with this, she's just starting with our report and then she's digging and finding more things laying around in burn bags, et cetera. But you're right, here's here's Hillary with her private server and all that email scandal with that. So you talk about trying to create a distraction, and I find that rich because Barack Obama is now saying what's coming out now is a weak attempt at a distraction. No, it's a strong disclosure of facts in the in the effort of trying to let the American people people have a way of trusting their government, because we if we can provide some truth and justice to what the government's been doing, maybe we can turn that ship around. But this tells the American people, you were right, America, this government is not to be trusted. Well, and they found behind the scenes that there was no connection between the Russia and the Trump campaign. Trump gets elected, So rather than just let this thing go, they pivot and say, all right, well, Trump's going to be in office, but we're not going to let him succeed. We're going to tag him as a Russian asset. We're going to bolster this argument, and then we're going to put him on trial basically for we're colluding with the Russians, knowing full well that the lynchpin for all these Russian allegations after the intelligence community determined there was no connection, was the fake Steele Dossiert.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and if they can't get it done there, then they're going to impeach him, you know.
Speaker 3: And that was the other thing.
Speaker 15: The Intelligence Committee became the impeachment Committee, which should have been under Jim Jordan's watch on his committee Judiciary. But anyway, this is why we brought Jim Jordan over to the Intelligence Committee during that time. But you know, I sat there and I said, what is happening here? I said, I joined the military in nineteen ninety eight because Bill because we kept getting attacked and Bill Clinton was President of the United States. I didn't vote for Bill Clinton, but he is who the people elected. And we're fortunate to live in a country where we get to elect our leaders. And Donald Trump just got elected. Now, normally, you know, you fight in a political race and if you don't win, you gather yourself together and go for the next round. We have rounds every two years for the House, so we have rounds. Fight again. That's fine. But what you're doing is you don't like the results of the election, so you're trying to change it, and you're trying to dismantle it, and you're trying to weaken it. Look, Obama's not president and he won't be president again, but the American people need to know the truth. John Brennan went to the White House because somebody in the in the the Hillary Clinton camp, said she's concocting a scandal against Donald Trump to take attention away from her email server and to create a scandal with him. So he tells President Obama, this is what's happening, right, and then lo and behold, there's this dossier and you know Carter Page and all these types of the public right right, you get one media outlet to run with it, and now everyone says as reported by.
Speaker 3: And it's real and becomes real.
Speaker 15: Then in their mind and our media today does nothing. Look, you just you just heard Obama put out a statement he didn't face reporters and take questions. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, because they don't they don't ask, they don't ask the hard questions. But he said he called these bizarre allegations. They're not They are bizarre, but they're facts.
Speaker 3: He didn't deny him. Nobody has.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you look at their comments of all these people involved, they just throw out adjectives against Donald Trump or whoever, and just oh, he's just trying to cover up how bad he is and this and that. And he's like, no, he's trying to let the American people see what actually happened in their government and the real collusion. The real collusion was between and actually it was between the Democrats Christopher Steele indirectly, but they paid for him, and he worked with Russians, yeah, to create the dossier. Now, if Putin favored Donald Trump, I don't think he would have cared for a couple of Russians working with Christopher Steele to try and take Trump down.
Speaker 5: Let's pause, We'll bring former congress from Brad Wins for back for one more segment at seven forty six, seven forty seven, right now, fifty five KR City Talk Station great dentis. Everything needs a great dentnis. You want a great dentnis, you want doctors Fred Peck and doctor Meghan Threw. The dynamic duel of this is general dentistry, but most of the cosmetic dentistry. She's working on her fellowship with American at Cosmetic Economy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Doctor frew Is and doctor Fred Peck is a fellow, one of only three fellows in the entire state of Ohio. He is truly a genius. When it comes to transformative smile makeovers, you're in the best possible hands with the dynamic due. And then when it comes to general dentistry, Doctor Fred Peck has always insisted on the most state of the art clinic for the benefit of his patients. And he knows at great dentist when he runs into one. So he teamed up with doctor Meghan Frewe. She is outstanding. So give him a call. Schedule appointment five one three six, one seventy six sixty six six, one seventy six sixty six. Online you can find him at Peck Pck Pecksmiles.
Speaker 6: Dot com fifty five KRC fine Weather.
Speaker 5: Forecasts hot, humid, sunny today and chance rain this afternoon eighty nine for the high overnight sixty nine with some clowns ninety tomorrow again sunny hot human in afternoon rate sixty nine overnight with a few clowns, and repeat one for the high with sunny sky's hot humanity heat community as well as the chance of afternoon rain sixty nine degrees.
Speaker 3: Now, let's get a traffic update from.
Speaker 2: The UC Howth Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities get the Gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at you see health dot com. Slash Transplant East Pound seventy four is shut down just before you get to the state line due to an accident matt Traffic is backing up pass the Brookville Ramp, reports from news Tipper saying it's an overturned semi involved in that wreck. Chuck Ingram and fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: Seven fifty one fifty five KRSD talk station Brian Thomas with former Congressman brad Winstrip going over the issues and real quick here in terms of the foe, the fabricated Donald Trump hit piece, the Russian collusion thing. You think any heads are going to roll as a consequence of that, We too far past the event. I know, people waving around statute limitations that kind of stuff, But this seems to be an ongoing thing.
Speaker 3: Well it does.
Speaker 15: But but there have been some indictments, which is which is encouraging to see that have moved forward, or not indictments.
Speaker 5: But referrals to the grand jury. Yeah, exactly, all right, So do the extend criminal charges are handed down by the grand jury, then it'll be up for the defense attorney whoever this is, to make the argument that it's barred by the statute limitation.
Speaker 3: So we've got a while to wait for that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And I think treason is a good one to bring forward. And certainly you can say that that's what they're doing. They're totally going against the American system and our values and our virtures that we have free and fair elections and that you know, we're talking about trying to stop outside sources affecting our elections, and it's internal.
Speaker 5: It is, and they weaponize eight agencies within the government to go after a political rival or with I mean that they are that political within these lettered agencies is frightening enough in and of itself.
Speaker 15: So and that's that's a communist way, I mean to communists. Oh yeah, nothing's a lie if it benefits the state party and for the party exactly, and the state being the party.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 15: So that's the mentality that I think we're seeing from the leadership of the Democrat Party. And I don't want to throw every Democrat under the bus, because there are many I worked with and shake their head and walk away. But the media doesn't call people out, and neither do some people within the within the party. Now you're going to have someone on coming into this.
Speaker 5: Speaking he calls things out. Andre Ean is going to be in studio with the thoughts, you know, ongoing thoughts and commentary about downtown Cincinnati and his general dissatisfaction, if I may be so lightly play upputting it with current administration, council, the mayor of the city manager, and the police chief. But you were at the town hall on Monday that Christopher Smith and vvike Ramaswami put together.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I did want to go two friends of mine, right and my city that we're talking about. So I thought it would be a good thing to attend and I was glad I was able to be there. I thought it was really really well done. A lot of interesting points were brought up. But the you know, the people of Cincinnati are very concerned to what's happening in their city, and they're very concerned about the leadership in the city of Cincinnati. And you know, I I'll tell you, maybe it's just a military mentality where you you know, and when you're in leadership, you have accountability for everything happening underneath you. And it's not a time for a vacation.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 15: And and you know, he had the mayor, he was away. I get that you're allowed to take a vacation, but when something happens, you're going to have to respond a little bit better. And you know, I think what I gathered from the town hall is people are tired of someone just came on, come on, so we're going to put more money into this, and we've been doing this and that and blah blah blah, and then you hear the litany of excuses. You know, people are responsible for their own actions. And I say this when it comes these mass shootings or whatever. You know, in DC, they want another gun law really, these people are all violating the law. They know murders against the law. They're going to do it anyway, one way or another, you know Timothy mcveigh's style, blowing up a building, whatever the case may be, driving a truck into people. They're going to do it regardless of your laws. So the question is until, and I say this is a societal issue, until you look at the events in someone's life that have led to the thoughts and feelings that this behavior is okay, then you're never Until you address that, you're not going to solve it.
Speaker 3: So what is it? What is it?
Speaker 15: As one young man stood up, a Black American as he called himself, he said, Elon Musk is an African American. I'm a Black American, And he said, it's fatherless homes, it's a lack of faith in God. It's all these things where virtue doesn't matter anymore. And you think this thing is okay, and you're a hero to somebody when you do these things. That's a bigger problem too.
Speaker 5: Well, And it sounds like you're a hero because there's always a handful of crazies on the internet who will scream out messages of support.
Speaker 3: Good job. I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 5: Nice job shooting the CEO at at the health insurance company the back of the head.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 5: Well, that voice and that child, that choir of people in support of that represent just the tiniest fraction of society, but it sounds like they're the majority when you get on one.
Speaker 15: Well, and it's especially bad when it's a council woman. Uh yeah, it said they deserve it. They deserve it, they had it coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell Holly that Congress from former Congress from Brad Winsor. But it's always great having you in the studio having these conversations. Appreciate it. And I don't know we solve the problems of the WARLD. We certainly identified a few of them and we'll see if we can't get some solve between now and our next conversation.
Speaker 3: Thank you again. I have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll see in another time, Yes you will, all right, stick around andre un coming up next fall by Lori Flake with the Karen Wellington Foundation talking about their five K that's coming up.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back us.
Speaker 1: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated, it's gonna go very fast. Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 14: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 5: Eight oh five. Here fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Friday tgif bottom of the hour, we're gonna hear from Lori Flake. She's with the Karen Wellington Foundation. They're doing a five K coming up. Karen Wellington, the victim of breast cancer, just love to have fun, and apparently that's what she was all about. So in her name, they've been well sending folks that are struggling with cancer diagnosis to fund to fun events, fun things to do like skydiving and other things, and of course the charity funds that work. So Laurie at the bottom of the are. In the meantime, I am so happy to have in studio. What an inspirational guy. Truth to power. Andre Ewing a n d are e Ewing e wyng. I say it and spell it out loud, because I want you to head over to his Facebook page. Just search for Andre Ewing. He'll see him. You'll see Curse Breakers three hundred. You always mentioned Cursebreakers three hundred. Andre, Welcome back, man, It's so cool to see you.
Speaker 16: Hey, brother, Brian's so happy to be here. I'm excited and once again on fire.
Speaker 5: Okay, real quick, here, put some context before we start diving into the stuff you've been ranting about of late, and Lord knows you have enough subject matter to go on a rant. Cursebreaker three hundred, what's that all about? What's behind that moniker?
Speaker 16: It developed through the prison system of trying to help returning citizens. So even as a police officer, I got tired of dropping them off at the justice center and that was it. So I wanted to assist and help them to get out. So I was trying to let them know that you can break these strongholds on your life. So I would go inside the prisons and tell them you can identify the curse. You can confront this curse and have the power once you identified it and you've confronted it to overpower this stronghold on you be able to move it out the way and then destroy it. And there is Curse Breakers three hundred. It goes we get it is three hundred actually from the Bible Judges seven seven people related to the movie the three hundred. But it shows that this is an elite group and together we can defeat and beat millias if necessary.
Speaker 3: Well, that's beautiful.
Speaker 5: You know the idea that you know, thirty years as a police officer and again thanks to your service to the community over all those years. I'm sure you have stories that we could talk about for hours and hours of what you've seen and lived through as a police officer. But the idea that you would, you know, move from your role as a law enforcer locking people up to go into the lock up and try to get them from stopping from preventing them from being a recipibus criminal. You know, when you get out, there's a better path. I wish more officers would would go down that road. Do you think it really does some good?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it does some good. Excuse me.
Speaker 16: One thing that was interesting in that journey is that a lot of negativity, obviously that the inmates would have. And I was doing a series there on forgiveness, and for at least two months they actually did not know who I was being inside the prison because I was engaging with them, going through church service with them. And I actually said, you've never asked, and I never told you what my profession is. Didn't now I'm a uniform off So I sat there and told them. Look, I said, I'm a Cincinnati police officer, and at that time you could have heard a pin drop and they looked at me and said, no, brother Dre, you're not because you've treated us fair, you've washed our feet, you showed us love, you sat in here with us as if nothing was wrong. And I said, this is the way. I know you've been offended in certain cases. I know you've gotten extra charges on you, but I'm showing you forgiveness is the right way.
Speaker 3: And when a young man.
Speaker 16: Stood up and said, when I was going to leave here, I was going to assassinate a police officer until you were here, and now I am not, it showed the impact that there needs to be serious conversations and these inmates say, who have been done wrong? But police officers, we can together by the power of God. It shows that we can heal well.
Speaker 5: And you also you pointed out through illustration that the police officers, generally speaking, aren't bad people.
Speaker 3: Correct. Correct?
Speaker 16: I mean there's this entire narrative that every police officer is bad. Right, No, I mean I've worked with them. Are there bad cops? Absolutely absolutely? And have how I identified and even spoken out on these things. And this is why in the past I ran for Sentinel president that would have a voice to address these matters of civil rights and equal rights. But the peers felt that I was too vocal and they didn't want somebody vocal to speak out on the behalfs of police officers.
Speaker 5: I understand that, and you are outspoken. Like I said under young on Facebook, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. All right now, Pivoting over your most recent rant, some strong words directed at Iris Rawley having been at police officer. She was recently involved in a bit of a verbal altercation with the police officer. Was she preventing him from performing his job? And isn't that a citable offense? I mean, you look right when you look at it. What's your take on that most recent interaction with this insane police police department officer?
Speaker 16: First of all, was a from a it was officer Herd a female and she apparently works down at Finley Marketing does a phenomenal job. I heard she's only been on about four years and she works the community. She's out on foot and she's trying to make sure that the streets are clear and when she gets complaints and based on this interaction, Miss Rowley approaches her during this investigation. She already knew the subject, The subject was calm, and she still interferes and she asked, ma'am, could you please just stand over there? She said, I don't absolutely have to do nothing. I'm going to follow you. And she was right in between the subject and the police officer, which is extremely dangerous.
Speaker 3: That's outrageous.
Speaker 5: Yes, Now, could the officer have cited her for that because she was performing her duty as a police officer and Irish really got in between her and I don't want the subject the purp whatever, but that impeded her ability to do her job and complete the investigation.
Speaker 16: Absolutely obstruction of official business. And this officer was totally professional. They were polite, they were on point, and showed high integrity and that's what should be praised even in this moment. But there's things that need to be ident fight. Are you going to be an activist or you going to be a representation even for the public. But your words is that you need to put an officer on your list, and if they get on your list, then you may be able to get them fired.
Speaker 14: How does that boost the morale?
Speaker 16: Of police officers, knowing that this individual is working in city council.
Speaker 5: Well, she has been an outspoken critic of the police department generally speaking, I mean speck since the riots. That's where she came to prominence.
Speaker 16: Correct, Correct, And I've always said that that Irish Rolie has done some great work. There were some things that were needed and necessary in the city and in dealing with policing.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, but collaborative.
Speaker 14: Correct. But when you move to this.
Speaker 16: Degree, what exactly is your motive at this particular point. We need to understand that if you, as a city leader, are telling everyone that police are no good, right, we don't need police disregard what they say, and this is a leader who has a high influence on the community, then we need to redirect our energy and find out what exactly is going on here because this does not help police relations.
Speaker 5: Well certainly, And circling back to your interactions with the folks that have been arrested, and we're in the prison system, a guy wants to get out of jail and kill a police officer. Andre Ewing shows up and shows a different side of the police department and a different side of who these officers are, and you completely change his heart and mind. Meanwhile, Iris ROLI's out there maintaining that sort of broad brush perception of the police department, suggesting that all of them are bad.
Speaker 3: Correct, correct, And this helps no one.
Speaker 5: No, And this is what Smithman screams about all the time. How come are elected officials, the council members, city manager not elected, I understand, but the mayor aren't coming out in more strongly saying positive things about the police, you know, like you do pointing out the contrary narrative. This is what role models should be doing in order to bring about this better sense of safety and a greater willingness of everybody within the city to work with the police and not consider them an enemy from the get go. That silence is a really terrible thing. Iris is saying it out loud, but the silence from the elected officials sort of adds to it. Oh, it must be true what Iris is saying. The mayor hasn't come out and said anything to the contrary exactly.
Speaker 16: And I've always stated this, Every elected official on council should do a ride along with the police at least once once a week. At least once a week and rotate on different shifts every week, because it amazes me how you quarterback the job, but you refuse to get in the seat to see exactly what we do. And I've challenged individuals on that. I've even when I was on the force, I had told the city manager, please ride along because there are things that you just don't know about that you sit in this seat, then your optics will be completely changed. So don't quarterback an officer's position until you get in that hot seat on a regular basis, because I can say that Smitherman years ago did ride along with me, and he had a different perception on certain circumstances where he even said, I can't believe you didn't taste that guy, because I would have tasted said exactly looking different in the eyes of a police officer.
Speaker 5: Will continue with Andre Ewing again. Head on to the Facebook and check him out and some of the ramts he goes on. You're gonna love what he has to say. Eight to sixteen. Will continue with Andre after these brief words.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Here's your channel nine first one toblecas hot, humid and a chance of afternoon range eighty nine for the high sixty nine at night with a few clouds, ninety for the hei tomorrow with the mostly sunny skies, hot humid and rain in the afternoon, sixty nine every night with a few clouds, and round three Sunday, hot humid rain in the afternoon ninety one for the high sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 13: Chuck from the UCF Transit Center near the sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities. Give the gift of vife, Become an organ donor or explor living donation at uchelp dot com slash transplant. He's found seventy four shut down due to an accident. Before you get to the state line, traffic is back in up past the Brookville Ramp. Northbound seventy five slows a bit through the cut, then heavy out of Saint Bernard to an accident near Gabra sethbound seventy five slows out of Lockland two ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: It is eight nineteen on a Friday. Happy Friday to you extra special Happy Friday. Andre Ewing in studio. After thirty years of service, the cincinnta police department, come engaging in community activism like he did when he was on the police force, going into the prisons and trying to talk how to break the curse. This concept of curse breakers three hundred yas behind. But we're pivoting over to some of the issues he's been on a rant about of late. You know, iris Roli be included among those.
Speaker 3: She I guess she's.
Speaker 5: Serving no other role with the Parvoll administration as than some sort of paid advisor, Andre if I got that right.
Speaker 16: That is what I've been told is she's a paid advisor, and she works as an advisor for the mayor, the chief, and the city manager.
Speaker 5: As a consultant, okay, and obviously not being consulted to smooth things over with the police department, considering she's going after them all the time. And I know you've given her props for her work dealing with the collaborative agreement after the riots, and she has some you know, some good points under her name, But in her role right now as an activist, and considering the direction she goes with her activism, I got to imagine the only purpose she serves with the with the provol administration is that she's got such a profound, strong voice within the black community that she gets in votes.
Speaker 16: Well, how can I say that? Brother Smithman said it the best. What exactly is your role? You're you're getting paid by the city tax dollars?
Speaker 3: What is your role? Right?
Speaker 14: And until.
Speaker 16: The city administration allows it to be very clear and what she can and cannot do, this will be a mystery to city taxpayers at this particular time.
Speaker 5: And and Ken Cober, the FOP president, did file a complaint against her for some of the things she said out loud, but the city just issued a report giving her a pass saying no, this was not in her role in any capacity with the city. Ergo she said these things and her role as a private citizen nothing to see here. I'm not quite sure that I buy that anyway. One of the things we talked about off break. On the break, you wanted to bring up the whole idea of District five and the elimination of District five and how that actually impacts the former District five residents.
Speaker 16: Correct, Correct, And I just want to add first thing, deepest condolences to Krishanda Sierra Wynn who lost her life I made to a tragedy shooting and to say that this is not a threat to the public or community. If the individuals or individuals have not been found, then it's still a threat.
Speaker 5: As of right now, the best of my knowledge, they have not gotten the person who's responsible for killing her.
Speaker 3: Absolute tragedy. It really is so understand.
Speaker 16: That District five was located at A ten twelve lud Low, Okay, right during nineteen fifty seven to twenty eighteen. Now it was moved due to complaints about it was cramped and unhealthy conditions, which I could speak for because I worked at District five and it was cramped and it was an unhealthy So now it's occupied by the park board and been renovated.
Speaker 14: But now let's move further.
Speaker 16: Twenty eighteen to twenty twenty three, District five moves to fifty eight to thirty seven Hamilton Avenue.
Speaker 14: So you have them from.
Speaker 16: Ludlow that was close to right there to UC that needs the police as well. Move them a little further way up on Hamilton Avenue. Now they say this was a citywide redistricting plan that consolidated police district. Now listen to this, District five serve College Hill, mount Airy north side, Camp Washington, Whitten Hills, Spring Grove Village, Clifton, and the Cuff. Okay, it's gone now now District three had to take over College Hill, mount Airy north side of Camp Washington. District three is on Ferguson Avenue, Price Hill area deep west side. Now imagine the officer leaving that location trying to find the best route to get to College here Man Montana a wreck, Queen City's erect boot No is crowded, Glen Way is cloud crowded. So you're trying to get down to Montana and to work your way up Coraine and cross over to get to Hamilton.
Speaker 14: Imagine the time it takes.
Speaker 16: And now the officer gets there, does a police report, realizes hey, I got to do this report, found some property and do extra work and.
Speaker 14: Drive back to District three.
Speaker 16: And people wonder why these issues and police times are are are now getting less and less on.
Speaker 5: Time longer and longer. Yes, sir, well, that's explained that completely. And all the officers added in the world can't change that reality if they got to make that trip correct. So not only short officers, we got them like ten gazillion miles away from where something might have happened.
Speaker 16: Absolutely so when when we have people say what took you so long? Why do you get here? Trust me, officers want to get here. But what's interesting is data analysis and efficiency. According to the city manager stated that this shift represented the best permanent solution for the department moving forward, and the chief stated response time have been carefully analyzed and would not be neglatively affected.
Speaker 5: Come on blind, because you say it out loud doesn't make it true.
Speaker 16: Now look at it again right now, and from this leadership, this is what we see is a travesty on why our police cannot get to locations on time. You just do not remove an entire police district from a community and say safety is my number one priority.
Speaker 5: And he would know better than someone who did it for thirty years. That man Andre Ewing in studio speaking truth to power and putting some solid ideas. What he's saying, Andre Youwing on Facebook, you got a spot here in the morning show. Andre I love hearing from you, and you're always welcome to come in and chime in on your thoughts and comments.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, it's been a pleasure of having you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Absolutely have a fantastic weekend. It's eight twenty six right now. If you have KRES toy talk station getting some love together for charity, Lordy Florrie Flake's gonna tell us all about the Karen Wellington Foundation and the upcoming five K sounds like a fabulous organization.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station, so free.
Speaker 5: Here it is your channel nine. First morning, well The forecast as sunny, hot and human today with rain this afternoon eighty nine for the high. Got that tomorrow and Sunday overnight sixty nine with a few clowns, overnight Saturday sixty nine with a few clowns and ninety you'll be out high tomorrow and ninety one on Sunday, So hot, human and afternoon rain sixty nine. Right now, let's get an update on traffic. Chot reduced to GOT Tramping Center.
Speaker 13: Only sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Give the gift to fight, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at you see health dot com slash transplant. They've opened up the right lane eastbound seventy four just across the state line from an earlier accident.
Speaker 2: But I'm not seeing a whole.
Speaker 13: Lot of movement yet from the Brookville Ramp northbound seventy five cruiser working with an accident above Gabrath shock Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 5: It's a thirty here, fifty five KRCD talk station by Thomas wish you. We're in a very happy Friday and welcoming to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Karen Wellington Foundation is the organization we're talking about. Welcome to the program of Lori Flake. It's a real pleasure to.
Speaker 3: Have you on.
Speaker 17: Hey, Brian, how are you today?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great, and we can all start out with everybody agrees with one thing in this crazy divided world. Cancer sucks, right, I mean, yes.
Speaker 17: We have a stronger word than that, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to deal with the FCC.
Speaker 5: So I can't speak my clear mind on that one and put an exclamation point on it. But someone who did struggle with cancer and sadly we lost her what back in two thousand and seven, Karen Wellington. Of course, the name on the foundation, Karen Wellington Foundation dot org is where you find him. And you're going to want to find him. She had a really like positive way of viewing life in spite of the fact that she was diagnosed with breast cancer, which she dealt with what ten years.
Speaker 3: She didn't let it get her down, did she No?
Speaker 17: In fact, you know, so she was diagnosed when she was thirty, she fought it for ten years, and passed when she was forty, you know. And during that time she did not want to be known as the mom with cancer, the sick mom. So she did everything she could to get fun on her calendar. And that's why the foundation started in her name. That way, that we wanted to make sure that people kept fun on their calendar and in their lives and they continued to live even with that kind of a diagnosis. She always said that you can't always control the circumstances or the things that happen to you in your life, right, You can't control how you react to them, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So, well it was her way of rect you know, controlling how she reacted to it was putting more fun out there and making it better.
Speaker 5: Great attitude about it. You know, I tell people I was diagnosed with lymphoma about I don't know six years ago, maybe a little bit longer, and you just play the hand that you're dealt. You know, some things are completely out of your hand. You have no control of them. You can wallow and sorrow and lament it, or you can go through the treatments, do what your doctor says to do, try to take some stock in yourself and improve your diet and health. But don't let it get you down to the point where you're just living in this state of sorrow and wallowing and misery. Because you don't have to be like that.
Speaker 14: You don't.
Speaker 17: But you know, everybody does handle their diagnosis differently, you know. But this is the cool part about our foundation is that sometimes people do get in that little dark place for a little bit, but we come in and put the script and we're like, nope, you still got a lot of fun left, and we're going to bring you some fun and remind you what you know you need what's important.
Speaker 5: In life, right, which is a great stepping soon to bring us to explain exactly how you inject fun in folks lives and how my listeners can well if they're familiar with someone. Everybody knows somebody who has cancer, most notably breast cancer an opportunity for that particular person struggling with a diagnosis to also have some fun. Karen or Laurie, what is it that you do with the donations that you received and the money that's raised, like, for example, at the five K we're going to be talking about shortly.
Speaker 17: Yeah, absolutely, So the money that we raised for the foundation or any of the donations we get, all go toward giving gifts of fun to women and families who are currently in breast cancer treatment. So, you know, we know that one hundred percent of patients have canceled plans with family and friends to focus on their treatment, right right, So we kind of yeah, it's just it's just what happened. You're so focused, so you it, you get like mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted from your treatment, you know, day in and day out for you know, the years that you're fighting. Anyway, so we come in and this is where you know, kit BF has meant made it our mission to flip the script and we give individuals a break by cancer from breast cancer by taking them out of doctors' offices, chemo chairs, and providing them with unforgettable experiences like spa days, concerts, Bengals games, hot air balloon, ride, skydiving, even getaways and vacations. Whatever is you know, going to make them feel like, uh, they're not a victim of cancer anymore and they want to continue the living, So continue to go forward and living.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of like a Make a Wish Foundation kind of thing. You get you're jumping so fun and now do Like, for example, if someone nominates the person in their life that they know is struggling with breast cancer, there's a nomination for right there on the front page of the Karen Wellington Foundation dot org web page. Do they get to suggest what little bucket list item that the recipient might want, like, Oh, I know her she would love to go skydiving, or I know her she loves like going to King's Island or used to love it before she got the cancer diagnosis?
Speaker 3: Is there? Or do you just sort of randomly pick some kind of event to do.
Speaker 17: No, we really want to make sure that the fun that we give them is something that they consider fun. Right, So it's funny you bring that up because you can put on there when you make a nomination. You can't put on there. What you're suggested get the funny recip it, but we always make sure we check with the person when we you know, get the nomination in that that's really what they want. We've had people say, oh, she'd love a spot age, she goes, I don't like the spa you know, right, yeah, yeah, but we do we make sure that we we So what happens is once you make that nomination online, they send an email gets automatically sent to the nominee to fill out the form, and in that form it does ask you things like what what do you like? What are your interests? So we take then we take that form. Once we get it back, we kind of look at our inventory of what we have available and what they might like consider as fun and try to match them with that best experience and enhance it anyway we can.
Speaker 5: Well, I have a very very generous listening audience, and I'm definitely going to refer them to Karen Wellingtonfoundation dot org. And it's not just you know, donating cash. You can make a cash donation, but you'll also you allow people to donate like for example, they have a vacation home sort of maybe a weekend or a week vacation at property I see, Airline miles can be donated, tickets to events can be donated, that kind of thing. So it's really a whole host of things people can step up and donate.
Speaker 17: Yes, absolutely, and you know, we're able to reach more women every year because you know, these generous people step up, and we have a lot of people who will give us a week of their vacation home or their time share that they're not going to use, and we'll fill that with a family living with breast cancer. And the testimonies that we get back from these women are just amazing saying what.
Speaker 4: It does for them.
Speaker 17: And I'll have to mention too, Brian, I am a ten year breast cancer.
Speaker 5: Well, congratulations on that unbelievable accomplishment. And let us not overlook the fact that, man, I'm telling you, we haven't said, you know, complete absolute cur yet, but they have made amazing, amazing development treatment advances that really have done a lot to help women like well live. This isn't a really a death sentence anymore that it used to be.
Speaker 17: That's true, one hundred percent. And even women with stage four cancer, they have some great you know, you know, therapies and different things that if people are receptive to them, they're able to live their life more with a chronic disease versus it being a death sentence.
Speaker 1: Like you said, yeah, a lot of hope exists.
Speaker 5: Of course, feeding the hope your organization, putting a smile on people's faces as they go through this treatment. I do know what it's like to sit in that room with the drip bag and it's not fun. Yeah, all right, let's move on. Now you're here too. You really came to promote and finally getting to it. Are you the five K that's coming up? That's Voa Park and Westchester. Let my listeners know all about this one.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so it's on August sixteenth. And really, the really cool thing about this is it is recipients like me who were who are breast cancer survivors and got a gift to fund from the foundation, who came back together and said, you know, we want to give back to this foundation.
Speaker 4: What can we do?
Speaker 17: So honestly, this is the like, this is the heart of this event are the recipients and breast cancer survivors because these inspiring women take the lead on every detail to make this race unforgettable and to give back to the foundation that you know brought them so much joy and hope for brighter days right during their dark time, and to pay it forward for the next woman that faces this diagnosis. So we got together and decided we want to put on a five K for the foundation. There's money. So that's exactly what we do.
Speaker 10: And it is.
Speaker 3: Are we lost here?
Speaker 5: There's soon signal drop just when she was getting ready to give the information. Oh my god, timing. See if you can't get her back, Joe, Well, we can take a break right now. We'll come back with the details, assuming joke and can find her. Oh that's a shame. Timing is everything. Maybe we'll get more from Lori Flake. If not I can read the information, don't go away. It's eight thirty eight, eight thirty nine, fifty five KRCITY Talk Station fifty five the talk station. We all remember that one two.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRCITY Talk Station.
Speaker 5: Joe found her Lori Flake, just as she was getting ready to give us the details on the upcoming five K for the Karen Wellington Foundation. Her signal drop. Lori Flake, Welcome back to the three five Carsity Morning Show. Breast cancer survivor Lorii flake. You got I think you got the date out August sixteenth. You gave credit to why you're having the five K, and now let's get let's get to the further details before the signal drops it Ken Laurie.
Speaker 17: Okay, sorry about that. That's all right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Nobody died.
Speaker 5: Nobody dies on the fifty five caresee Morning Show, Laurie. That's the great thing about my job. No one gets harmed.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 17: Thank you for getting me back on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, our fourth.
Speaker 17: Annual O K tob Have Fun Run five K and Recipient Celebration. We call it recipient Celebration because it really is a morning where we're bringing together all of the k to BF recipients breast cancer survivors, plus all the breast cancer survivors in the community come together to make this a really wonderful community morning event where we're celebrating living right. So it's August sixteenth at Boa Park. Registration starts at seven point thirty, the race begins at nine, and in true KBF fashion, we have a lot of fun along the course. We have a Cheers to Living station where you can do a little champagne tost But I don't want to give all the fun away because it is. It is a really fun morning and we'd love to have your listeners come out and join us.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad you invited them because they can either walk or run as you're signed as your post states, walk or run, come for the fun. So it sounds like a really uplifting event in spite of the subject matter that brings you there. You know, breast cancer. What can do You turn lemons into lemonade and you do something like this, which is really what the Karen Wellington Foundation is all about.
Speaker 3: It's just a great thing you're doing, Laurie.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean it is a great race. We've thrown it from three hundred and fifty participants the first year to now our fourth year, we're hoping to get a thousand people there. And afterwards we have Natalie Jones from Q one O two MCing for us the race, and then afterwards we have music. We'll give a gift away live to a new woman that's living with breast cancer. We have a VIP tent for all breast cancer survivors.
Speaker 7: In the community.
Speaker 17: We have raffle baskets, we have food trucks, so it really is a fun celebration.
Speaker 5: Morning, Well, it sounds like a wonderful event August A wonderful event August sixteenth, Voa Park, Westchester, walk or run, go have fun, enjoy it and I'll recommend my listeners. If you can't do the five k, you can't show up. Aaron Wellington Foundation dot org a myriad opportunities for you to help out this wonderful organization accomplish its goal, which is to put smiles on people's faces who otherwise might not be smiling. Lauri Flake, good luck on your ongoing journey, keep fighting that cancer, and God bless you and everyone involved in the foundation for what they're doing for folks that are dealing with cancer. It sucks, we all know it, but you've taken the suck out of it.
Speaker 1: Yes we are, Yes, it's great.
Speaker 17: Yeah, thank you so much for having me on and be able to able to share about the foundation. So yeah, I love it. If people come out for the rates and visit our website and make sure you nominate someone that is living with breast cancer, you can help them put a smile on the face.
Speaker 5: Like you said, that's a great message. Karen, Karen Laurie Karen Wellington Foundation dot org. Get on over there, nominate somebody and help out.
Speaker 3: Laurie. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 5: And if you have other events down the road you want to promote, please feel free to get in touch with Joe.
Speaker 3: We'll put you back on the morning show.
Speaker 17: That's amazing. Thank you so much, Brian.
Speaker 5: Happy to be in a position to do it. Eight forty five right now fifty five kr C The Talk Station, don't go away fifty five.
Speaker 1: KRC dot com.
Speaker 5: Eight fifty fifty five kr C The Talk Station. Yes, they smile on my face. Geez, what a wonderful world indeed can be. You got things like that Karen Wellington Foundation out there that makes that makes life wonderful for folks dealing with some of the more tragic aspects of life. Good work, good work anyhow, Not sure where to end the program, but since it is Friday, why don't we go back to something that could have been in the stack.
Speaker 3: Is stupid, but it's not.
Speaker 5: I was actually asking out loud the other day, sort of pondering the messaging. What is the message? What message are you trying to convey? When you throw a green sex toy onto a basketball court at a WNBA game. Now this has actually become a viral thing. Three separate incidents, same conduct. There's been a couple of arrests for people who actually have engaged in this questionable conduct. But here's one woman with an opinion, just like we all have. Sphincter's Shannon Ryan wrote an opinion for something called The Athletic. I believe it's an online website, or maybe it's a publication. Either way, op ed piece. MLBMLS and preseason NFL games are ongoing, but this, the marital ad chucking thing is only happening at the WNBA games. Interesting. Well, apparently this trend actually was seen during New England Patriots games back in twenty nineteen. I wasn't aware of that. This is the first time I've ever been made aware that this is a thing. These women are still the subject of an occasional punchline. While players are negotiating for higher salaries, they're fighting for their reputations to be respected as elite professional athletes. They have now had to be graceful and coolly navigate being unfairly thrust into an obscene moment. All right, hey, when they threw that onto the court, was it directed at eighty one particular player. Was it a message that was trying to be conveyed to one particular player? I don't think so. At least it isn't a parent anyway. She goes on to trace the history of women in athletics seriously. First centuries, athletics was a world for men, only a sanctum to prove their masculinity. Talking about into the twentieth century, women widely discouraged from encroaching on this space, as medical experts to cried exercise as detrimental to child bearing and their fragile emotional state. So then she fast forward to the mid forties, International Sports Committee leaders required female athletes to have femininity certificates in the humiliation that they went through proving that they were women. In fact, I think we've come full circle on that these days. Then she says, quote in these in these recent incidents, it's a stretch to argue, or yeah, it's a stretch to argue. Targeting the WNBA wasn't strategic and intentional. Making a sex toy the focal point of games in a large league that has perhaps the most openly gay and queer players doesn't seem like an accident either.
Speaker 3: All right, what does that.
Speaker 5: Sex toy Marior lad have to do with the gay and lesbian community? Are they made solely for the gay and lesbian community? I don't think so. This is not just a prank or an opportunistic viral moment, but another attempt to demean women in sports. Well, well, the last guy that did it did actually say out loud he did it because he saw viral video on the Internet of people doing it, which is exactly what I said the other day. There were Joe was a joke or maybe it's serious. Betting sites you can bet on the WNBA, and now I've been at least led to believe, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, considering all the different things you can bet on. The betting sites are now saying will there be ASEX toy thrown on any.
Speaker 3: Given NBA game?
Speaker 5: And I drew that parallel with the red and black options if you're playing the roulette wheel, yes or no. So there's that bet. I'm not sure what it pays. But then the more difficult challenge probably paying higher odds picking at which time in the game it'll land on the court. In other words, third quarter maybe you decide, But in no way, shape or form do I believe in any way that you can actually draw the conclusion that this is an attempt to demean women in sports generally speaking, most utterly, because you can't really make heads or tail out of what message is trying to be conveyed when someone throws it under the court, or maybe they're just continuing a viral trend they don't even know why they're doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with the latter.
Speaker 5: A fifty five fifty five k CD talk station Tech Friday with Dave how to Get the podcast fifty five kr SE dot com Frightening Stuff as always a full hour with private citizen former Congressman brad winstrip on a variety of topics.
Speaker 3: Andre Ewing. He's talking about the well a.
Speaker 5: Lot about Iris, Raleigh, but problems from downtown Cincinnati. After spending thirty years honorably serving on the Cincinnai Police Department, he is a true community advocate. Here what Andre had to say and get the details about the Karen Wellington Foundation five k all of fifty five KRC dot com. I really do hope you have a wonderful weekend. As always, thank you to Joe Strecker for producing the program. Coming up on Monday, more from Christopher Smitheman, who was on this morning at six am plus Monday Monday, Folks, I hope you have a fantastic week and our weekend, and that you don't go away because Glenn Beck is coming right up.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour. We're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by