Speaker 1: Come on, here we go, we go, hit it, hit it. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 2: Ride right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What's up everybody? The postfront is here, baby. It is awesome outside right now. We'll be talking a little bit about that. I don't see anything over seventy eight degrees today with mostly sunny skies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome.
Speaker 1: October has showed up. Tell me the gun Morris going for win number three, fresh out of bed. Head to head Challenge. We'll play that game at around six twenty. Highly suspect tickets are coming to you in homeroom. What'll happen for you on the fun Fact flashback? The Pumpkin's Spice price is right return for the fall season. Yeah, I agree, it's bellworthy. We're gonna play at seven to twenty. How you're gonna win your Monster JM tickets or pack with pit passes. We'll see you out there in the pits on Saturday afternoon. Depthtones tickets at a twenty. I guess there's only a handful of tickets remaining for that show. Dephtones are gonna sell out the Toyota Center Toyota Center dot com for your tickets listening to us at A twenty for your free tickets Alternative Income nine ten. The iHeartRadio Alter Ego Festival will give you a chance to get into that, I think at around nine point thirty again, and then we've got those pit tickets to corn I was just told that show was sold out and they're gonna do some early merch outside at the Woodlands. So we'll talk about that today. We'll talk about the golf tournament today, and we'll talk to Tessa all morning with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: What you got Hey, Good morning, Rod, Good running home room.
Speaker 6: So voters are already out in full force across Georgia. You know, we're less than a week away from early voting here in Texas, but the chief Deputy for Georgia Secretary of State says more than three undred thousand people showed up to cast ballots on the first.
Speaker 5: Day of early voting. It came on the same night that former.
Speaker 6: President Trump spoke to a packed house in Atlanta where he was hitting, you know, the points of his campaign. And then you have Vice President Kamala Harris. She was on the Breakfast Club with host Charlemane and the god and she was talking about how she wants to legalize recreational marijuana.
Speaker 5: On a national level. She noted that she's.
Speaker 6: Working with President Biden to reclassify pot as a lesser narcotic.
Speaker 5: But lots of these political.
Speaker 6: Conversations happening right now, right here, a little closer to us in Texas, you have US Senator Ted Cruz and US Representative Colin Allread. They aren't holding back, you know, as election day creeped closer. So you have Cruise, the Republican incumbent. You have the Democratic challenger, Colin Allread. They met last night for their only likely debate before the election. Cruse blamed already for voting with Vice President Kamala Harris's open border policies. Alread blamed Cruise were opposing bipartisan border bills earlier this year. And then the two candidates just spard right over abortion, over transgender.
Speaker 5: Rights, et cetera, et cetera. So that's what's going on there.
Speaker 6: I have a question for you, guys met over fifty specifically, would this be better or somehow much worse? According to a new report, your next prostate exam could be done by a robotic finger.
Speaker 5: That's right. Researchers in China.
Speaker 6: Have been working on a flexible finger like probe with sensors on the end. They think it could eventually be used to detect.
Speaker 5: Things like an enlarged prostate or abnormal lumps.
Speaker 6: It's called BSF or bioinspired soft finger. It bends just like a normal finger. It doesn't have a human attached to it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean you'd be attached to it maybe anyway. Anyway, listen.
Speaker 6: They think this technology could also use to be fine to find lumps and breast issue, so you know, getting felt up by a robot also a possibility.
Speaker 5: Just so you know, just be open when the self aware.
Speaker 6: I'm watching West World right now, just to freak myself out. It's not Oscar season yet, but it is.
Speaker 5: Who's gonna host the Oscar season?
Speaker 6: No matter who takes the gig, it kind of always ends up in disappointment, But this unique academy may have a truly critic proof solution. So called reliable sources say that Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are in the mix, and who doesn't love them? Okay, so people would probably be happy to see them host the entire show. But the word is they'd be part of like a rotating ensemble of hosts that could include Will Ferrell, Amy Poehler, Duwayne the Rock Johnson. There's no official word yet if any of this will happen, but the rumor mill is rumor milling.
Speaker 5: This next story sounds completely insane.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe this one. I read it this morning.
Speaker 5: Apparently it's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 6: Ozzy Osborne almost joined Van Halen. There was an interview and Rolling Stone with Alex van Halen and he says the band approach Ozzie in two thousand and one after Gary Sharon's tenure as vocalists came to an end. They were deep in the process of recruiting him until the MTV show The Osborne's Launch that basically killed the deal. Ollingstone reached out to Ozzie. He confirmed the story and was like, yeah, we were discussing it. It was something that if came to fruition, would have been phenomenal.
Speaker 5: He said. Eddie and Alex were.
Speaker 6: Great friends of his for a really long time and he kind of regrets that they never all got together.
Speaker 5: Isn't that crazy? The all stories on the music bog.
Speaker 1: Page, the other crazy part is apparently Chris Cornell tried out.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Ben Helen rehearse Chris Cornell as a possible singer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Alex said they had a jam session and they were sold on him, and then he died in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's insane to me.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all the music blog page you can check it out. Those are these setlines.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex and the Mob playoffs.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, the Yankees meat the Guardians six or three in Game two of the ALCS. Yankees lead that series two games to none. Tonight it's gonna be Game three the NLCS between the Mets and Dodgers.
Speaker 5: That series is tied up at a game of piece.
Speaker 8: First pitch is gonna be at seven eight and you can watch it on Fox Sports one.
Speaker 5: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, four hours of pain, Pumpkin spice, price is right is back. There's some new music today. Let me go through this email again. I can't make it out. I can't figure. I mean, that's probably on me because of the golf tournament. But there might be some new music today on the show's up. Did you see that email from the Wizard?
Speaker 5: Is it cold?
Speaker 1: Play no, no, and don't just go blurting it out either. I don't know what we can't say. I'm not all right. Let me go look at this guys. First phone call. That's what I'm worried about right now. If you want the first phone call, come get it. Seven one, three, two, two four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now here we go ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. That's the Offspring. It's a great way to get things started. Offspring part of the iHeartRadio Alter Ego Show. That's our alternative rock show that our company puts on for you. It's a national thing. It's only one show. It's out in California. We're gonna give you a chance. Well, don't make me a liar. Are we doing that all week? Alex ninth You say, OK, I know I got you looking at a couple of different things right now, because I think we got this world premiere thing squared away as well. But I think all week we have the opportunity for the iHeartRadio. So we'll try to hit that, like at a rock close to nine thirty. Okay, it might be a little early, but that's a huge opportunity. What a great lineup. All the alter ego information I'm saying, I got my fingers crossed should be at the buzz dot com. Okay, next note for you today, this is a big one world premiere new music from Breaking Benjamin. We will have that Breaking Benjamin Awaken. Awaken is the name of the song, and we're going to play it for you this morning at eight twenty. We put the song on, we all listen to it together for the first time. No one's heard it right, anyone? Okay, So then that's my favorite. That's my Favorite's one of my favorite things that we get to do here. We'll listen to the song. I'll open up the phone lines, hate it, love it different, we'll take the calls eight twenty today, join us. The way that this stuff is thrown around, it looks to me like the corn show is sold out and they're doing a merch presale in front of the Woodlands Pavilion on Saturday noon to five, so that you can if you're one of these people, here's what I like to do. I like to buy my T shirt and I like to wash it and then wear it. You could do that. You could get official corn merchandise on Saturday and then have that ready to go for Sunday. No line's no waiting to be the first to buy the merch before the show. You don't have to like lose your merch. You know, you buy your merch the day before, credit card only, they're gonna be set up. That's great, that's awesome. What else is today on the show? Tommy the Gun Morris going for win number three, Fresh out of bed, Head to your head. Pumpkin spice price is right. We got a hold of a hype man. He's coming in.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. I was worried about that. I was more worried about that today than anything else.
Speaker 1: The only reason he's coming in cold front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. I figured.
Speaker 1: He flat out said I'm not coming in if it's ninety degrees right, So the hype man will be here at seven twenty. Pumpkins spice price is right, Monster Jam four pack. Thank the Baby Jesus for the cooling temperatures so that we could make this happen today on the show. Mostly sunny, ten percent chance of rain. The high today will be seventy eight. It is glorious outside right now, you know, much was talked about with the golf tournament yesterday, like we were missing the cold front by one day. It wasn't that bad out there.
Speaker 5: I told you you did, you got you out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're the best.
Speaker 5: You're the best.
Speaker 1: Ever. What did I ever do before you?
Speaker 5: I was hot. I don't know what you did about.
Speaker 1: Golf tournament was awesome, it was very fun. Jillie split up some pictures. I just I rifled through some picture that didn't take a whole lot.
Speaker 6: There's a great video from Eli. Oh yeah, wire stills. I had a shirt on my Facebook.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that. You know what we posted yesterday.
Speaker 5: No, this is all brand new. This is all brand new.
Speaker 1: That's great, all right, so I'll be looking for that on links.
Speaker 7: Say yes, it's that time for the first phone call in the day.
Speaker 1: Abou let's say how to Victor? Hey Victory, good morning. I'm doing wonderful. I actually you know what I mean. I know you just kind of said that as an opener to me. I feel pretty good. I mean with the golf tournament, I partied. I partied, I l toad, so I wasn't I was responsible. I wasn't driving, And I feel pretty great this morning. How are you.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm doing well, weather is great. You know, calling in just say hello. You know it's my birthday as well. Great, wait to start the day.
Speaker 1: So you're not just calling in just to call in. It's a birthday. Call in. Happy birthday, dude, Happy birthday.
Speaker 9: How many trips?
Speaker 1: How many trips around?
Speaker 9: Thirty four?
Speaker 1: Okay thirty four? Do you have something special planned for today? Are you saving it for the weekend? What do you do?
Speaker 9: Oh, that's the lady trend. Something for me today and then of course the weekend. Uh, you know we'll go from there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude. Happy birthday to you man. Thank you for starting your day off with us. I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank y'all. Also want to say Alex is one of the most underrated people there. He's amazing underrated dude.
Speaker 5: We're constantly rating him, over rating him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those ratings come in way over dude every time.
Speaker 9: Well, from when I talk to people, they kind of don't like Alex.
Speaker 5: Talking streets. You're talking or I'll be the best birthday ever.
Speaker 1: Now, Happy birthday, Victor.
Speaker 5: Thank you for people I've talked.
Speaker 1: All right, we gotta go. We gotta go. That's funny. Take those losers on the flip gotta wreck check for you. We'll find out what's treading and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 7: Honative and tell him about the rod Ryan Morning shown the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the bus. It's good morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: It's here.
Speaker 1: It is glorious.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the cold front.
Speaker 1: Or whatever they're called. I don't know what it is, but it's just awesome. It's the awesome front. High today of seventy eight, it's less than that now, it's awesome. Mostly sunny today with low chances of rain. Yeah, Chillie's got lots of pictures up on links and guests from yesterday's golf tournament. Oh that's the Rooster. Those people from Roosters are nuts all day.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't get a chicken sandwich there.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's just they're crazy. No, it's just it's a bar. Oh, it's a bar, Rooster's Bar and grill. I don't know that they had food over there. Just they're all crazy. They just were partying and they're like, you gotta come to our bar. I'm like, I gotta get a hotel.
Speaker 9: I was already.
Speaker 1: I was looking up hotels near the bar last night at the Culture and I'm like, I'm like, it's it's far, but I need a hotel. So I looked up the nearest Marriott. I'm like, there's a Marriott close by, and I'm like, arranging a rooster's weekend already. It's amazing, all right, So lots of sure is thank you everybody that came out to the golf tournament. What do you got?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: So the NFL trade deadline has has been googled a lot. The Bill Scott Amari Cooper in a trade with Brown with the Browns, and it's the number one search on Google right now five hundred k. So people are definitely talking about a.
Speaker 1: Little NFL dude broke that to me on the inn or at the golf tournament. He said, ron two minutes like, you know, he must.
Speaker 5: Have been on the loock it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's getting all the tickers going across his phone and uh yeah, I found out about that immediately. That's great news.
Speaker 6: Also, Tyra Banks was at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. So the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show had been dormant for a couple of years. I don't know how many, but Tyra Banks was walking the runway, and then Gigi Hadded was on the runway.
Speaker 5: You had Kate Moss. I mean, it was all. It was all Andrea Lima like a bunch of older We're all there and everyone looked unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 6: There you go, there you go, and then yeah, our golf tournament recap, that's going on.
Speaker 5: That's what's going on. And then the wild Our Wednesday.
Speaker 6: On Links and Guests, that's what's trending on eighty four five buzz All right, where is this guy?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: What morning?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 9: Temmy the gun more still in the game.
Speaker 1: I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champion.
Speaker 11: Sorry Tessa for chewing up twenty five.
Speaker 9: Questions, but it had to be done. Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 5: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: If you want to take him on, It's a rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz. There we go, ninety four or five The buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show on a wild Card Wednesday, Wakey Waking hands off those cupcakes. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny. It's a little trilly. Maybe put your hands on your cupcakes. It's high today of seventy eight sixty six out there. Yeah, wrap up the snaky and now.
Speaker 12: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 1: Tommy, what's brother? Tommy the gun? Good morning? How are you? Good man? How you doing great? Thank you for asking? Am I correct? You are going for win number three? Yes, sir? Okay, you're taking on Brian. Hello, Brian, Hi, good morning, Good morning, Brian. I'm understanding. I need to play this.
Speaker 6: Smell it.
Speaker 5: I know what that is.
Speaker 2: Fish.
Speaker 13: It's freedom.
Speaker 1: No, it's fish, fresh fish, Brian, You're fresh? Never played, yes, sir, Good to have you on. Dude, a real easy game. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I'm going to ask you some real basic, generic, easy questions. You shout out your name and then wait for me to call on you and give you the correct answer. Okay, good with that, Brian. All right, okay you've heard that. You've heard the game before? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Great?
Speaker 1: What are they playing for?
Speaker 6: I have a pair of tickets see Breaking Benjamin and Staying with Daughtry at Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Great show. Wow, Brian, your first time ever playing the game. You can get Killer tickets right here. Okay, yeah, just you got to say your name before him though.
Speaker 5: It's fast alrighty okay.
Speaker 1: World premiere brand new music from Breaking Benjamin coming your way at eight twenty today. But to win those tickets, it's going to be Tommy or Brian. Here we go. Question number one. You're just gonna yell out your name. What does Q and A stand for? Brian? B right? Fresh Brian, question and answer. Welcome to the game. Wow, Welcome to the.
Speaker 5: Game, partico particular.
Speaker 1: Tommy the gun. That's a fresh fish that smoked you? What are you smoke me on that one? Not a good look? Okay, here we go Tommy the gun and Brian. What do you do with your balled up fist in a fight? Tommy bunch? Yeah yeah, just ball up my hand right here and maybe throwing on the other side of this room. Tommy usually fights with a gun. Are you surprised he got that? We got a game? We got a game, Brian. I didn't hear you on that.
Speaker 5: I guess I wasn't loud enough.
Speaker 1: Well, well, it's not saying that just Tommy definitely got him first, no doubt. All right, here we go for the win. Tommy the gun and fresh Brian. What does Marlborough sell that comes in a package? Tommy cigarettes the smoking gun? Yeah, Tommy cigarette's.
Speaker 5: Yeh, bad for a fresh fish.
Speaker 1: You know he came out. I mean he punched him in the mouth, his bold fist, hit a bolt of fist and hit him right in the cheeks. Brian, who's making all that later? Is that you? Brian? No, it's not. No, is that Tommy? Chill out? One of you is on a roller coaster right now. Brian. We got to say good bye to you. I thought you played really really well today.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope you play again, Yes, sir, for sure, Thank you. Okay, dude, have a great day. Tommy win three breaking Benjamin tickets are yours?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 1: That's super cool. You want to keep it going? You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Sweet The rod Ryan Show on the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. It's the Killers. Somebody told me so helpe you off through a great start. To you today. Wild Card Wednesday, sixty six out there. Now we're gonna see we're gonna top out at seventy eight with this cold front finally here, and it looks like tomorrow is awesome. Weekend's gonna be great.
Speaker 12: Come on, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're you at here. You're more than everybody's telling me the gone Morris.
Speaker 9: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head three day cannons.
Speaker 11: Join me on throwback Thursday when I will make it four winds bitches.
Speaker 1: All right, he's playing very well, and that fresh fish did good today too.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: Let's get some more fresh fish. Let's just get more people in the Hall of Fame. Somebody sent me something.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: You know, you get a lot of things that are, hey, one year ago today, this is what you were doing, This is where you were at. Somebody sent in that they went into the Hall of Fame about a year ago around this time, and they were Hall of Famer number movie fourteen or sixteen. What do we have eleven people in there?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been tight, it's tight this year. Okay, it's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of her buddies.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that to the day Alex Rock.
Speaker 1: There is a absolutely no way, ever joke that can be told on the air that is circulated around this Rod Ryan Show behind the scenes for a number of years, and it goes back to the Dina days where she actually used it on a client. Yes, the difference between jam and jelly, and I'm sorry it will never ever, ever ever be told on the radio. Just cannot do it. But it's one of my favorite all time jokes. I think hell knows that joker.
Speaker 5: I've gotten a lot of talking to you about.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So I love this fun fact today because there is a difference between jam and jelly, really one we can share, one that we can share with everybody. Here we go strap yourselves in because jam is made from fruit, Jelly is made from juice. Preserves have chunks of fruit, and marmalades have peel and pulp in them.
Speaker 5: Marmalade I like it.
Speaker 1: That's the real difference between jam and jelly. Finally, we don't have to use that disgusting joke. Almost as good as the Aristocrat, Okay, Bruce Springsteen never had a number one hit in the UI. In the US is also no one hit number one hits Backstreet Boys, One Direction, James Brown, Don Henley, Pat Vanatar, and Cheryl Crow. It's a random list, but nobody had a number one hit in the UF swow. The first hashtag ever used hashtag bar camp. Ah, that's neat a social technology expert named Chris Messina. He tweeted that in August of two thousand and seven, the quote, how do you feel about using the pound sign for groups? As in hashtag bar camp? Clearly people like the idea. We've been around, This show has been around for all of these different social media platforms. I could not wrap my head around the hashtag really for the longest time. It's just something that we all know now. But when somebody told it's like, what do you mean, it's going to like categorize and you will be able to search things with the same hashtag. Yeah, it was the pound sign before that on the phone? Right, all right, guys, it's.
Speaker 5: The fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart? Is this the fun back to the day? I also remember the Late Night Guys, and maybe it was Kimmel. I think Kimmel and Fallon were both doing it. I remember when they were trying to get things trending. So they would talk about something and people would put that out on Twitter. We couldn't figure out what that meant.
Speaker 5: Let's get this trending. We couldn't just what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Like what they said last night is trending? What what does it mean? All right, tell me what you're giving away.
Speaker 6: I have a pair of takens see highly suspected by a music center of him.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, it's your fun. I like this one. Who is the forty third highest scoring player in the National Football League all time? Because the first forty two we learned yesterday are all kickers. Who is the forty third highest scoring player? Seven one three two one two. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. What's up?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 1: Just another day in the hood, Ridney, I know you were busy yesterday. Thanks for coming by the golf tournament. That was a great time fun. Huh. It was such an awesome turnout. It's great weather. Good. Hell was out there all day on Saturday at the twentieth. I mean, we've been doing some partying around here. That's too dad. All right, let's talk about Wall Street. How do you do yesterday?
Speaker 14: That we gave a little back yesterday the Dow was down three hundred and twenty four points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand seven forty NASDAK down one hundred and eighty seven. We're at eighteen thy three point fifteen benchmark ten. Your treasury is still over four percent out of four point oh one. Oil stands at seventy dollars thirteen cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Boeing, Walmart, and Murk. The big duds United Health, Intel, and Chevron. On the economic calendar. This morning, we will get numbers on the import Price Index for September right now, futures barely on the upside. Hang on to this would be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it I met here. This is Halan manage director with Ram James Port for the ride round show from Raymon James on Saint Flip and the Gusta No for you get toys.
Speaker 1: Rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 7: Opinion's express are those of helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Zan come ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is an educational and informational purposes. On week the Studs Duds are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Oh, we're a little early out here today. Good, let's go over to the phones. Good morning, Hello, Hello, hello, hello, hides this good morning. Good morning to you or hi Jordan, welcome to the show. How are you today? All right?
Speaker 9: How about you?
Speaker 7: Seal?
Speaker 1: Feeling great? Feeling really good? I'm not awesome. I am not hungover.
Speaker 5: Either, or am I?
Speaker 1: I wasn't really that hot. I was tired on Sunday, but I don't know that I was hungover. Am I getting better?
Speaker 5: Well? Again? There was no liquor, Well, there was no yesterday.
Speaker 1: There was really really none for you.
Speaker 5: There was no liquor on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh on Saturday? Yeah, yeah, I had a couple of shots yesterday. Jordan's still there. We're just chit chat. Yeah, we'll talk, Yeah, okay, Jordan. The top scoring players in the NFL are all kickers. As a matter of fact, the forty two NFL players with the most points in their careers are all kickers. Who's the forty third highest scoring player in NFL history?
Speaker 9: That's gonna be Jerry or Ice.
Speaker 1: Oh, he knew that you can do that?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: I did you know that already? Or did you learn that on the show yesterday?
Speaker 9: Oh? I learned it on the show yesterday. I was every morning.
Speaker 1: So you must look so smart in front of your buddies. What are you giving them?
Speaker 6: Cool? In front of your buddies, you're going to the highly suspect show up by your music center.
Speaker 5: Thanks for knowing the backbat, Yeah right on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, thanks for being a part of home room. Yes, sir, have an awesome day. Second, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Getting ninety four point five bus station from iHeartRadio The Rod.
Speaker 1: Rudan Show on ninety four to five ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod, Ryan's show. It's Green Day and basket case up. Sip sip, sip soup. Guys, next hour. I can't wait for next hour. I know it's ten minutes, nine minutes away. Now the pumpkins spice price is right, we're gonna get rolling with that at around seven twenty. It's gonna be the first game of the season, and the season is the reason that we're doing it. It's seventy eight, the high will be seventy eight. It's around sixty five outside right now. Hype Man was not coming in here at ninety degrees yesterday.
Speaker 5: No, wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: He's like, I am not showing up at ninety degree temperatures and doing something called the pumpkin spice prices. Right, he's a invitation to uphold the baby. Jesus has blessed us with this could front, and now the hype Man will bless us with his presence. At seven twenty, I spoke to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw him, not heard from it.
Speaker 1: I did, And he was very specific.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: He was very weather specific.
Speaker 5: That's good. I did not know that.
Speaker 1: He's like a bird. This cold front could not He's just like a bird. Have come at a better Ton migrates to this South. That's all. That's how you're gonna win your monster Jam tickets a pheasant. We got a world premier of a brand new breaking Benjamin song coming your way at eight twenty. We'll take a listen to that together, and right now with Houston's Headlines with Tessa, what you Got.
Speaker 6: More than ninety people are still unaccounted for in western North Carolina as relief efforts tied to Hurricane Helene continue.
Speaker 5: Governor Roy Cooper.
Speaker 6: And federal officials gave an update on how their communities are recovering from a storm that killed dozens of people there.
Speaker 5: North Carolina People says it will not be.
Speaker 6: Deterred by misinformation and will continue to help those impacted by Helene. A Democratic nominee for the Fort Ben County Commissioner's Court is facing a ninth indictment for a social media hoax. Taral Patel was arrested in June. They arrested him on account of felony online misrepresentation and misdemeanor identity misrepresentation.
Speaker 5: So this dude, have you seen this dude? Roddy?
Speaker 6: He's accused of creating a fake social media accounts to post racial attacks against himselves, but he was posing it like as.
Speaker 5: His supporters of his political rivals.
Speaker 6: So the indictment filed on Monday charges Fattel with a new misdemeanor of harassment. He faces a total of four felonies and five misdemeanors. So he was creating these fake accounts, and then he chaired and be like, look how I'm getting attacked, Like this isn't gonna stop.
Speaker 5: Me, Like I'm still gonna run. He's insane. Okay, this guy's this guy's.
Speaker 6: Gotta this guy's gotta thing wrong with him inside in his little brain.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I just thought i'd mentioned that.
Speaker 6: I thought I've always thought that was an interesting story, and the fact that he made the headlines today I wanted to share.
Speaker 5: With the class.
Speaker 6: Okay. One of the supposed new trends we could see in twenty twenty five is one legged pants. What Yeah, so if one of your legs is covered in a pant leg like usual, the others mostly exposed, as if you're wearing like a mini skirt or.
Speaker 1: Short fashion nova. Again, where is this coming from?
Speaker 6: I do like fashion nova every now and then I get a little you know, nova, a little nova hair, and I'm just like, oh, I gotta go see what the what the gals are wearing.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like Beyonce has worn maybe like a cat suit with one leg the.
Speaker 6: Best the best example I could hear of the I could like tell you of this Taylor Swift in her reputation era.
Speaker 5: Where's this like black and red cat suit?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: And everything is covered except one long tailor swift leg.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I can see like with something like that, But what do you have on the other leg? Is it a is it a Daisy duke? Short cut? Is it? Where is it cut? Is it covering your bits?
Speaker 5: It's covering your bits. It's really like.
Speaker 6: Where's the cut the cuts, like you know, on your short thigh or a little higher, a little higher just like you know, maybe some upper thighs exposed.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of examples. If you go out.
Speaker 1: Kardashian wearing this and then now everybody wants it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: But they have several fancy fashion companies have had models wearing them on runways, and they have pants as a part of a collection for women's wearing the workplace next spring, So it has to be short. It's gonna have to be long enough to cover some of your thigh.
Speaker 1: The closest I came to anything remotely ridiculous like this.
Speaker 5: Huh, I was.
Speaker 1: Big into I was. I was a big bleach. I was a bleacher.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did some bleach bleach jobs in my day, not on my hair, but on my clothes. Drinking for me, I bleak one pant leg white and left the other side jean side, and I might have worn that to my high school graduation underneath my gun.
Speaker 6: This is it marketed to like the blue collar crowd. As I'm reading more, it's only super expensive fashion.
Speaker 5: Right now, What am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: Lay bricks in these one pants for.
Speaker 6: Eveningwear, for flashy occasions, eatingwear or flashy occasions, and mostly for women.
Speaker 1: I'm here to build that house. I only got one pant leg. Of course, it's not for blue collar.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just letting you know. I don't want you to get out of control.
Speaker 1: I got my hard hat on my lunch pail and one leg, one pant leg.
Speaker 5: It's like you can't decide if you're.
Speaker 6: Hot or cold, Thermos sleeping pajama.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is silly and this is sillier so so oh god, oh God, Alex, that why I'm sick. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 6: Lifetime has announced it's a wonderful Lifetime Holiday movie line up. They announced it yesterday, but they're saying it's gonna kick off November sixteenth.
Speaker 5: There are twelve new movies. And there's that one that's.
Speaker 6: Inspired by Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey. It's called Christmas in the Spotlight. So it's a pop star who hasn't found mister Wright if she meets a professional football player backstage at one of her shows. The football player tells the pop star about his crush on her, and they, like boom, begin dating and then with each passing day they grow stronger.
Speaker 5: They're feeling shorts each other, grow stronger and stronger. We're getting into like the plotline, we're gonna plot line.
Speaker 6: There's also one with Jennifer love Hewitt, the Holiday Junkie. There's gonna be one with Maria Menuno's and then there's gonna be one with Ta Mauri. If the Taylor Swift plotline didn't do it for you, okay, not doing it for me, Well, it's gonna stream one hundred holiday movies on their Apple website from October twenty first to January first.
Speaker 1: You can stop whatever you are doing for me, because that's bad.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: October twenty first market calendar awful. Former Ozzy Osborne and Dline's guitarist Jake E. Lee was walking his dog in Vegas yesterday morning when he was shot multiple times.
Speaker 5: Insane. The police believe the shooting was completely random, and.
Speaker 6: The good news that he is expected to make a full recovery. Lee was the lead guitarist for Ozzie from eighty two to eighty seven. He hasn't played live since twenty nineteen due to pain. But he was first diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. But it turns out he has no cartilage left in his right hand and very left, very little left in his left hand.
Speaker 5: But I'm glad he's going to make a full recovery.
Speaker 1: That's a hospital right now.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Ain'm safe in these Vegas streets. Okay, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah and all that. There's a music blog page with all of this and so much more.
Speaker 5: R what you got In the MLB playoffs yesterday, the.
Speaker 8: Yankees beat The Guardian sixty three in Game two of the ALCS. Yankees lead that series two games to none. Tonight, it's going to be Game three of the NLCS between the Mets and Dodgers.
Speaker 5: That's tied up at a game apiece.
Speaker 8: First pitches at seven, eight, and you can watch it on FS one and some Texans news. The team traded running back Cam Aker yesterday and a seventh round pick to the Vikings in exchange for a sixth round draft pick. Akers started two games for the Texans this season in place of injured running backs Joe Mixon and Damien Pierce, but became expendable when both of them returned last week, so they're just getting a little compensation for him.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for some college.
Speaker 8: Football to watch tonight, Sam Houston's gonna play Western Kentucky at six, and then UTEP takes on FIU at eight. You can watch those on ESPN two and CBS Sports Network. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait for the hype man. I don't know what's more exciting, the cold front or the hype man.
Speaker 5: I actually have some very bad news. What what? I just got an email and I have to go to a meeting next hour.
Speaker 1: You have to go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, It's like it's been like a full year since I've had to do this where I have to do.
Speaker 1: But I told you the last time I said that was the last time. It's unexciting.
Speaker 5: No, and I'm I re spoted. But that exactly crazy. And they're saying I can't get on.
Speaker 1: Are not leaving the show? I have to There is no meeting from the radio wizards. I will take that up with a wizard. No, you're not leaving. You're gonna Actually I want you to meet the hype man. He's a great guy. All Right, We're gonna sport this out. We're gonna work this out. Next hour. Pumpkins, Spice Price is right coming up.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Lincoln Park, lying from you, Rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday. That is our Instagram feature today, Food blog page, Crazy criminal blog page. Oh you don't got arrested? What did we know? We knew that Clint Eastwood has a son out there who is like the most handsome dude on the planet. Right, Scott Eastwood looks just like his dad. Did we know that Clint Eastwood has an unbelievably beautiful daughter.
Speaker 5: No, I did not know that arrested. Why?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Clint Eastwood like in real life. I guess what do you want?
Speaker 6: Punk?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel lucky punk. She started swinging. I don't know. She's on the Looking at Girl's Loom page, She's on the crazy Criminal blog page.
Speaker 5: Oh you take a week of that. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I mean, who's the mom in this? Or is it just Clint? Is it just Clint?
Speaker 5: Like it's just those jeans, Jean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: His one legged jeans are just so strong. Yeah, he's got good looking kids. Man, Jesus. Girl is hot and arrested. So caged heat, caged heat, you scroused? Oh my god, mostly sunny today, cold front is here. We're gonna top out at seventy eight degrees.
Speaker 15: Chili.
Speaker 1: He's got a recap, he's got stuff up there from the golf tournament. We've got lots of pictures for you. Friend on friend Eli was out there. He made a great video for us. So thank you for that, Eli, Thank you for everybody. If you have some great pictures from the golf tournament. Please please send them over to me. As I was putting stuff on Instagram, I'm like I got nothing with Tessa. I was hanging out with her on TV with her. Do you think anybody took a picture of Tessa and I?
Speaker 5: I didn't from TV?
Speaker 1: Maybe I should have. Yeah? Do I have a picture with Chili? People?
Speaker 14: Know?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: Alex and Chila got interviewed as well, right, and they acted.
Speaker 5: At ass they did. Ninety seconds before we went on air, I texted you you did not tell me?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: I think I need to be live with you guys. I'm interviewing you and Chile jes.
Speaker 1: Up with the fear of God in me. Beforehand, she said, Rod, last year, you were nowhere to be found for my live cut away. I've already promised them that you were going to be on talking about the tournament, so be at and we figured the best place to meet at was Willie's Ice House.
Speaker 5: Yeah of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's like the party corner. That's like the place to be. The faheta is everything that did you get any of the cucumber water?
Speaker 8: Of course?
Speaker 1: Jesu and Rice, what was that?
Speaker 5: It's like it was non alcohol. No, yeah, it's like hydrating.
Speaker 1: But I think that's why I feel so good today.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, probably I think that I.
Speaker 1: Had Did you try any of that? Did you make it over there?
Speaker 5: I had like a hundred liquid deaths. Does he look at he had water? Okay, he had liquid death that's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: I think what I'm feeling so good is that it was that cucumber water. So I was supposed to be there at quarter after one. I got there at twelve forty five and I just waited. I was thirty minutes early.
Speaker 5: Very good, so I didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to miss it. So thank you. We we did a little cutaway on the TV show on Houston Life, and then the twins were on. Yeah, how'd it go?
Speaker 5: Okay? It was okay.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great, Like okay, strap yourselves in for a story or just just okay.
Speaker 8: She rolled up ninety seconds before we went on there saying we're going on air in ninety seconds.
Speaker 5: I didn't check my phone the whole time. I didn't know we were doing that. About what he literally did, exactly what you did? Like to start the interview, Hey, Tessa, like you guys are.
Speaker 1: So what are you doing out here. Oh wow, gosh, wow, this is cool. What's up?
Speaker 6: And then Chili did his thing where he moves his chee chy you can like move his little pet.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's bouncing his tip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does that on air. He said that was for everyone was shouting out Derek, poor lord.
Speaker 1: Kelly's like, hey, okay, I feel horrible about that because when you and I were on the TV and I was saying hi to Derek, I was excited. You know, he's a big TV star. I'm not seeing a TV screen, so I don't know who I'm talking to.
Speaker 5: Realize that Laura Kelly was co hosted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm sure she's probably sitting on the couch right next to him. I don't know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was no Well, she's usually live in the field, so she's usually doing what I'm doing. So yeah, we kind of buil a little switcher rare, so there.
Speaker 1: Was no monitor to see what was going on. I just was talking to a camera. When you're on TV, you're just talking to a camera wherever you're standing. Yeah, I didn't know what was going on. Yeah, so I feel terrible. I didn't shout out to Lauren. I love her.
Speaker 5: I know she loves you.
Speaker 1: I love her. She's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, but you guys, you guys did great.
Speaker 5: Rod You were great. But Alex and Chili were ninety okay, they were where I went on. I did not know that I was going to be okay.
Speaker 1: So you've made that clear. But then do you remember, I mean, were you? Were you informative? Were you newsgirl? Test?
Speaker 5: And she's like, so, how long have you on the rod Ryan You know all these answers?
Speaker 1: I told her that too during our view if Ry So yeah, in the middle of so Tessa's interviewing me, and I'm like, oh, so you're gonna just ask me a bunch of stuff that you already know?
Speaker 5: Y you you had to tell your words. I'm not going to sit there and do it for you, right.
Speaker 1: Oh No, it was fun. It was very fun. Somebody must have taken a picture of us doing that, eil.
Speaker 6: I had some of it on video. I shared it on Facebook. I need to share it on the rod Ryan Show Facebook, and I think it might be on the recap page.
Speaker 1: I think everybody needs to send me some more pictures because I mean, I've got some here. But I didn't do a great job. And I'll say this because I know he's listening and I'm not calling him out. Apparently he's very, very busy. It was the first golf tournament that Radio Wizard has ever missed. And I'll say this about that guy. He does a really good job of taking pictures.
Speaker 5: Yeah he does.
Speaker 1: I mean we use his pictures sometimes miss him. We use his pictures probably more than anyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he takes good ones anybody.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he wasn't there.
Speaker 5: I felt in front of him.
Speaker 8: And I was like, maybe he's But now that I know he was based, but now I feel better.
Speaker 5: I don't want to make plan.
Speaker 6: Are you are the golf carts they give y'all so slow? Or do they give me the extra slow golf cart because they know how I am.
Speaker 1: For safety, I think they slowed them down for our tournament, okay, because.
Speaker 5: It was I mean, I'm a hip pedal in the medal.
Speaker 6: And then I told Travis I was like my boyfriend who went to his first golf tournament yesterday.
Speaker 5: I said, hey, someone usually steals my.
Speaker 6: Golf cart, so he has the keys on him all the time. And when we got in the uber to leave, I'm like, hey, did you put the keys back in the golf cart. He had the key, he had them, so he had to go put them back a golf car.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, come on, rookie mistake, all right, go check out everything on the world famous rod Ryan Schopage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: He so bad. I didn't even know that was hidden right there.
Speaker 1: True audience loves it. I love it immediately. I was already in a good mood. Now I'm in a great mood. The pumpkins spice price is right twenty twenty four, first game of the season. It is sixty five degrees outside. It's the only way I was getting the hype man to come in here today. Alex, please stick around me to this meeting. Dude, please stick around. Dude. You're gonna pipe man is so cool. He's so cool. You're going to bid on an actual pumpkin spice item available on retail shelves this fall season, and the person that comes closest without going over is going to win Monster Jam tickets. So I know, it's really exciting. Don't go anywhere. We'll get things set up after the break. Stay there.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Road.
Speaker 7: Ray, The morning show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 5: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It couldn't be in a better mood. Couldn't be in a better mood. Right now, we're about to bring back one of my old time favorites. And it's perfect timing with this weather mostly sunny today, ten percent chance of rain hies today of about seventy eight. It's about sixty six degrees outside right now, Let's first find out what's trending.
Speaker 5: So there's some football news. More football news.
Speaker 6: Tom Brady has reportedly been approved as a minority owner of the Las Vegas Raiders. And then the Super Bowl is headed back to Atlanta. So the NFL announced yesterday that Super Bowl sixty two is going to be at Mercedes Benz Stadium. Atlanta hosted in twenty nineteen, so that's the last time they were the host for the Big Game. Also, gosh, I mean, pray for rich people right now because there is a butler shortage. The richest families are having a hard time fulfilling their butler needs. What Yeah, so they congregate in cities like New York and London, so demand his way up and a lot of people bought additional properties amid the pandemic, so they need even more help than usual. Rod Also, British accented workers are reportedly.
Speaker 5: In demand among Asian and.
Speaker 6: Middle Eastern families who are new to London or the UK, and they want to send their kids to British schools. So just again keep these families in your prayers because they can't find good help.
Speaker 5: Wow, Butler's are really hard to find.
Speaker 6: And then of course go to our rod Ryan show our links and guests. You have the Wildcar Wednesday, you have the recap of the twenty twenty four Boobs Rock Golf tournament looking at girls. It's all there. That's what's trending on eighty four five of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so.
Speaker 5: Sad I missed this. Elmick stick around, help move out. I have to leave stick around almost immediately after you.
Speaker 1: I'm inviting you, and I'm almost to the point of being insistent on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that you hang out for this. I can't coming up hand to Tad.
Speaker 1: The sweeping sensation that's sweeping the nation again for the fall season. The pumpkin spice price is right. We're gonna have three of you come on down right now seven one three, two one two five, nine four five three of you will be on the game. You're going a bid on an actual pumpkin spice item available on retail shelves right now during this fall season. Finally feeling like fall. If you like to join us on the show called the Chile Now he is standing by seven one three Oh for the chili. Yeah, and the mention of chili, the audience went crazy seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you do want to come on down The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five much.
Speaker 9: Okay, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Oh Fleas having a birthday today? How old is Flee? Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's gotta be your boys? Fifty six?
Speaker 1: Did you and I interview Flee?
Speaker 5: We did for his for his book, Ye, not long after you gone here? Yeah that was a dream come true.
Speaker 1: Did you say fifty six?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sixty two?
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't want to believe it. They look old.
Speaker 6: They look old when they play six two but in wicked shape?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: Can you like walks on his hands? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, big Yogi like super super fit guys.
Speaker 1: Sixty two years old? All right, happy birthday. Flee mostly sunny load chances of rain high of seventy eight. Today. It's finally happening. I couldn't be more happy about it.
Speaker 5: This swiping sensation that's swiping the nation.
Speaker 1: For another big fall season.
Speaker 5: It's time four the Pope and Spice. I did, right?
Speaker 6: Why oh Lookles here, Hey there's the hype man.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rad got to be back. Did you see Alex in the hallway?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: It's insane. Had a meeting? Guy hasn't had a meeting since last year October during the show time at this time time, Well, listen, guys, you can tell that the excitement, it's genuine. Welcome to the Punkin Spice price is right twenty twenty four where you've been on actual punkin Spice items available on retail shelves this fall season. Let's get some contestants on down here to come on and play the game. Here we go. First up, is it's looking like it's Billy Billy. Come on, do Billy, Oh man, Billy, Oh Billy, Oh Billy. You're gonna be the first contestant on the Pumpkins Spice price is right. Thanks for coming on down, bro, Yes, thank you. Next up, is is it Eprin? Come on down? Yes, Eprin. I'm sorry, hype Man, I.
Speaker 5: Said, Eiio.
Speaker 16: That's that I came up with that one, Eprin.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming on down, dude. It's good to have you on the Pumpkins Spice Price is right today. Okay, hang on for me and last but not Lee's contestant number three today, Zoe Come on down, Zoey. Who hi, Zoey? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: How are y'all so great? Welcome to the Pumpkin Spice price is right. You're gonna be bidding third on today's item. Okay, this is a real item that is available right now for the pumpkin spice season. Okay, well, let's find out about that item that is up forbids. Here we go, hype Man, welcome back. Tell us about today's item up for bids, Well.
Speaker 16: Ride, Today's item is Planners Pumpkin Spice almonds. These carefully selected California almonds combined fessive fall flavors with a Statistfian crunch.
Speaker 5: Of nuts that you all know and love. Satisfy, satisfying, satisfy statistic I'm the one describing the product.
Speaker 1: Hey, cursch almond is roasty.
Speaker 16: To perfection and carefully does it with the right amount of real pumpkin, a dash of sea salt and fall spice, creating the perfect sweet and salty foul treat. And just one hundred and fifty calories per serving, this cancer of almonds is perfect for munching all throughout the season. You know what they say, Gang, that nut in your mouth always tastes nice when it's Planners pumpkins spice. It's a fifty nuts cancer of pumpkin spice.
Speaker 17: Almonds from the fine folks at Planners.
Speaker 6: Statistics, statistifying satisfying.
Speaker 1: Crunch.
Speaker 5: Say it correct.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, hype man, When you went for that nut in your mouth, I didn't know where you were going.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's nice pumpkins. That's right. Grandma used to say that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go with our let's go with our contestants here and let's figure out what exactly happening. Billy Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy, billy Billy. Okay, let's go here we go contested number one, Billy, what is your bid? It's a fifteen ounce canister of pumpkin spice almonds from the fine folks. That from the fine folks, thank you. I can't quite do it like that. What's your bid?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go fourteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Fourteen fifty. That sounds like a good bid man, fourteen dollars and fifty cents, all right, thank you. Billy. Contested number two ephyrin what is your bid on the the nuts, the nuts in your mouth, the fifteen ounce canister of pumpkin spice almonds? I'm gonna say fifteen oh one. Fifteen oh one is his bid. Last, but not least, it's Zoe, Zoe, what is your bid on the fifteen ounce canister of pumpkin spice almonds from the fine folks at Planners.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna go with seven ninety nine.
Speaker 1: She's going with seven dollars and ninety nine cents. Hey, hip man, Hey, rod help us out with this, Rodney.
Speaker 16: Actual retail price of Planner's pumpkin spice almonds is exactly seven dollars and ninety nine.
Speaker 13: So we got it on the nose with Zoe zoey ow zvery well, Zoey on the nosey Zoey on the nose, Zoe Nosy, go right enough, Zoe.
Speaker 1: Zoe, you got it?
Speaker 5: Yay, I'll go right on the seven ninety nine.
Speaker 1: What's that bid?
Speaker 5: And she nailed it?
Speaker 1: What are you giving her?
Speaker 6: You are going to get the four pack of tickets with prepasses to Monster Jam. Congratulations on winning the first Pumpkins Spice Price is Ride of this season, Zoey.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for you. Hype Man. You can hang if you want.
Speaker 5: I gotta go.
Speaker 9: You gotta have on Ruling Ryan.
Speaker 5: We're putting roses. Whoa hang on?
Speaker 17: I thought I was paying for an exclusive Yoh no, you didn't pay that exclusive licen.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me. I didn't know you could just hop around on other stations on.
Speaker 5: Them Roses is gone. That's slutty.
Speaker 1: There you have the Pumpkins Spice Price is right.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show on Radio Sermons.
Speaker 1: Collective Soul Shine, Rob Ryan Show on a wild Card Wednesday, and uh, it's just like an old friend coming back, the hype Man coming miss and a round of Pumpkins Spice Price is right. I missed him as well, meaning like you know, I I have an affection and I missed his presence around here, but I was present at Alex.
Speaker 5: How did it go? I saw him for just a second and all he was on his way. He said something about Rulin Ryan.
Speaker 1: He's going to You missed him in a different way like Tessa was here for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a meeting again, insane meeting. We will talk about this after the show. There are no more meetings during the show. Brandon tell the hype man, I almost split out my coffee at my desk listening to that. Today the hype Man has got to be the most top tier guest ever on the Rod Ryan Show. My man is goaded, goaded, reimbursed that Keith Landry, I told you this last year, Rod, I will tell you every year you all are on, this is the funniest s ever. And most everyone knows what is coming. And I and I like most everyone, we know what's coming. And I still crack up like a little kid here in a fart for the first time today.
Speaker 6: No, it's just don't tell him what was on today's show, because he doesn't really deserve know.
Speaker 5: If he can't get.
Speaker 1: In here, really should be here for it. It's a great segment and I'm glad it w the hype man was goaded today. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I love that for him.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, we are going to take part in listening to some new music together at around eight twenty this morning. We're we've got a world premiere of Breaking Benjamin's new song. So I love sharing those you know, I really do love sharing those moments with you guys, listening to something for the first time, going around the room, getting everybody's first impression. You know, it's great. I love it, and we'll take calls on it. We'll do all that fun stuff. Eight twenty plus. I got Deaftones tickets for you, and I'm told that they're real close to selling out the Toyota Center. So after we play the Breaking Benjamin at A twenty, it'll be closer to around eight forty, when you you know, we wrap up all your phone calls. We will give away those Deaftones tickets in the eight o'clock hour, okay, so please keep it right here.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative Fair use The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 7: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show seven fifty three. We're coming up on a halfway point. I'm excited to hear that new breaking Benjamin song. We're going to listen to it together. I've had access to it, and I refuse, I don't even want to hear a clip of it, and so we all hear it for the first time together. Okay, eight twenty, we'll play that for you, and then we'll get to those depthtones. Mars Volta tickets, which they're getting dangerously close to selling out the Toyota Center. On March sixteenth, mostly Sunday. Today, the Cold Trunk finally showed up. It's a beautiful day. We're going to top out at about seventy eight today. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta get outside, gotta somehow. You gotta make some plans to get outside today and do something. All right, what are Houston's headlines? Please?
Speaker 6: Well, voters are already out in full force across Georgia. So the Secretary of State there says more than three hundred thousand people showed up to cast ballots on the first day of early voting. So they're Early voting in Georgia already started on yesterday. It started on Tuesday, and it came on the same night that former President Trump was speaking to a packed house in Atlanta, where where he was hitting the central points of his campaign. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris, Vice President. Harris says she wants to legalize recreational marijuana.
Speaker 5: On a national level.
Speaker 6: She was speaking to Charlamagne the God on the Breakfast Club. She says she was the most progressive prosecutor for weed crimes when she was the district attorney.
Speaker 5: So, you know, politicians are Politiican.
Speaker 6: Right now tis the season, and I believe we're about less than a week out from early voting here in Houston, so kind of keeping trying to keep everyone up to speed on that. One big debate that happened last night was US Senator Ted Cruz versus US Representative Colin Allread. Colin is not a Republican, He is the Democratic challenger. Ted Cruz is a Republican incumbent.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine if I watched a lot of TV, what little bit of TV I watch, it is nauseating. The ads, Yeah, not the content of the ads, just the volume of volume of political as the political ads. It's never been like this, yeah before.
Speaker 5: Those I mean, if you look up right now.
Speaker 6: There's a political ad on on air stop.
Speaker 1: It's NonStop. I mean, don't let's don't even watch TV, just listen to the radio.
Speaker 6: This would be this would this will probably be their only likely debate before the November fifth election. So you had Cruise blaming all Read for voting with Vice President Kamala Harris and her open border policies, and then Alred was blaming Cruise for opposing a bipartisan border bill earlier this year.
Speaker 5: And the two candidates were just going back and forth.
Speaker 6: I mean, they don't agree on anything, which is that's that's the game these days. Okay, they sparred over abortion, they they sparret over transgender rights, and it went on and on. All right, let's move along, men over fifty. Would this be better or somehow much worse? According to a new report, your next prostate exam could be done by a robotic finger. Researchers in China have been working on a flexible finger like pro with censors on the end. They think it could eventually be used to detect things like an enlarged prostate or abnormal lumps. It's called a bs F or a bio inspired soft finger.
Speaker 5: It bends like a normal finger. It just doesn't have a human attached to it.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine a robotic finger being anything close to a human.
Speaker 6: Well, get ready, get ready. They also tested this technology. They think it could be used to find lumps and breast tissues. So after your boobs get swished at your mammogram, another robot might get in there and feel you up.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, you.
Speaker 1: Haven't done this yet, Alex, No, No, I have not.
Speaker 5: Your day is coming?
Speaker 9: Yeah five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, you might like like a robot. You might as well just start.
Speaker 5: Having fun now I'm not robot, do as We'll just.
Speaker 1: Start warming up, you know what I mean? I start some things my way?
Speaker 5: Can I can? I?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 5: We move on, gentlemen?
Speaker 1: Not until I say butt plug go.
Speaker 6: It's definitely not Oscar se and yet, but it is who will host the Oscar season, And no matter who usually takes the gig, it's usually a little disappointing, But this year the Academy may be onto something so called. Reliable sources say that Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are in the mix and everyone seems to like them right, so.
Speaker 5: They might not host the entire show.
Speaker 6: The word is that they'd be a part of this rotating ensemble of hosts, which could also include Will Ferrell, Emmy Poehler, Dwayne the Rock Johnson. I mean this is kind of smart on the Oscar's part because it's like, oh, you can't, you can't tear aport the.
Speaker 5: Host if everyone's a host.
Speaker 1: But are they putting this out or it's just just some person on the head.
Speaker 5: There's no official word. There's no official word.
Speaker 6: This is a quote unquote reliable sources.
Speaker 1: Somebody just coming up with a crazy random list.
Speaker 6: Yes, again, no official word of fund any of it will happen, but expect those big names in there when that party's going down. Okay, this sounds lely insane, but it's one hundred percent true. Ozzy Osborne almost joined Van Halen Alex san Halen was giving an injury to Rolling Stone.
Speaker 5: He says.
Speaker 6: The band actually approached Ozzy in two thousand and one after Gary Sharon's tenure as a vocalist came to an end. They were deep in the process of recruiting him until the MTV showed the Osborne's launch that basically killed the deal and Rolling Stone. So Rolling Stone reaches out to Ozzy, he confirms, and was like, yeah, we were discussing it. Eddie and Alex were great friends of mine for a really long time, so that's Ozzie's part. And then Van Halen went on to reunite with Sammy Hagar in two thousand and three. But another amazing opportunity that was miss years later was when Van Halen rehearsed with Chris Cornell as a possible singer. No way, Alex says they had a jam session with Chris and everything and that they were totally sold on him. But unfortunately he died in twenty seventeen, so Chris, Chris.
Speaker 1: Isn't here to back that story up, but his wife would know. I wonder if she will comment on that, so she knew if that really happened. I mean again, Alex has this book coming out and he's trying to sell books. I can't imagine him making that up. You know, Chris Cornell sang with Van Halen in a practice room. That blows my mind.
Speaker 6: Also in the interview, Alex confirmed that they had planned a Van Halen tor following Eddie's death in twenty twenty, but it was torpedoed by David Lee Roth, who was absolutely freaked out at the suggestion that they pay tribute to Eddie during the shows. Dave's rep calls that claim nonsense.
Speaker 1: Here's what Alex van Halen is doing. When we announced that he was putting on a memoir. I'm like the van Halenders. They don't talk. They don't give you any juicy info. I might be wrong on this. I might need to read this.
Speaker 5: Maybe spilling the teeth Lar Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: He's he's doing what I didn't think he could do. He's making me want to read that book now. Yeah, you know, all right what you got. In the MLB playoffs.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, the Yankees beat the Guardian sixty three in Game two of the ALCS.
Speaker 5: Yankees lead the series two games to none.
Speaker 8: Tonight, it's Game three of the NLCS between the Mets and Dodgers.
Speaker 5: That one tied up at a game apiece.
Speaker 8: First pitch is at seven eight, and you can watch it on FS one and some Texans news. The team traded running back Cam Makers and a seventh round draft pick to the Vikings in exchange for a sixth round pick. Agris started two games for the Texans in place of injured running backs Joe Mix and Damian Pierce, but became expendable when both of them returned last week. If you're looking for some college football to watch tonight, Sam Houston's gonna play Western Kentucky at six. You can watch that on ESPN two, and then UTEP takes on FIU at eight. That'll be on CBS Sports Network. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Hi Elex, hi Rod, you went to Sam Houston, stay, I did? What if I told you that I talked to somebody and we've arranged for you to sing the national anthem?
Speaker 5: There's no chance. What do you mean There's no chance? Are you kidding? Were welcoming back there?
Speaker 6: Yes you would if you're going to sing the national anthem at a football game.
Speaker 8: Dan rather than me is the most like notable alumni if you look on Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Can I pursue this?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: You singing the national anthem?
Speaker 5: Sure dude? Why not?
Speaker 1: Okay you heard it on this show.
Speaker 17: You lock it in. That's the first time he's ever been opening to any single yet. I want it at NRG though.
Speaker 5: This is what I want for Christmas.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna get the one to NRG again.
Speaker 5: Chillie, we gotta work the Phones, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The buzzin part of the show Panic at the Disco. Well, guys, I hope you are off to a great start to your day. As always, thank you for joining us. Everyone is excited, everyone seems to be in just like an extra. This could this show coming off of the golf tournament, could be one of those like all the wheels of the cart fall off. It could be the worst show. There's something. I think the weather has everybody in such a good mood today. Yeah, and we're coming off of a great event. But you know, if you overextend yourself at the golf tournament, which I usually do, you know, this show could be painful some days. And I don't know, it's just it's got a different vibe. I think I'm just running on fumes. This has been the busiest and I mentioned this a little bit like I don't know, earlier in the week on the show. October is always like one of our busiest months with breast cancer awareness and US raising money for breast cancer research working with M d Anderson. You Gala season, You've got all these events that were doing the car show, the golf tournament, sprinkling, the damn twentieth anniversary party, and all the stuff leading up to that. I mean, we've been running and gunning around here for a couple of months right now, we have. But I'm loving the old school. It's how it used to be. It's how it used to be, you know, And it's NonStop. And what happens with some of these shows that have been on a long time, which this one hands it is like, you know what, I'm not gonna do that anymore. I used to do that. I'm not really gonna go out anymore. I don't really want to be out during the week. And it's like, I'm just let's go. I want to be out there. I want to do these things so much fun. Monster Jam, We're gonna be out. We'll get a chance to hang out with you guys again. This Saturday is Monster Jam. Pit tickets are still available. Were giving away Monster Jam tickets and all that good stuff. Oh I gotta get with dark Web. I got an interview that I did with a driver, our driver. I got an interview with our driver. Yeah, he was so cool. He's so excited to be driving for us. Again. He's a younger guy and he's just he's so full of energy. So I gotta work getting that interview together. We'll have it up tomorrow. So where was I going? Monster Jam? On Saturday? We get to hang out with you guys again on the air where you've got Breaking Benjamin. You got it, like one hundred percent, you got it. We've got the song world premiere of the brand new song from Breaking Benjamin. We'll kind of set that up for you next okay, yeah, after the break, after the break, we will get into that. I'm super excited about sharing that. I love listening to new music with you guys and then allowing you to critique it. Then you guys send me emails and then they send them over to the Wizard, and then we do what we do. We have to make a determination. Is this a song that's worthy of, you know, being in regular rotation. It's Breaking, Benjamin. I can't imagine it not. On the Looking at Girls Blonde page today, I don't know if you had a chance to look yet, but the La Times did a big profile on this woman. She's a seventy one year old pole dancer, now hold on, not a stripper. She does perform though pole dancing.
Speaker 6: Routines for like exercise in competition.
Speaker 1: That's right, stuff is hard.
Speaker 5: I almost cussed, So yeah, it really is.
Speaker 6: And it's a lot of core strength, a lot of strength in general.
Speaker 1: Don't you think. And I'm just keep like, keep that out of it. But pole dancing, not stripping, that would be a much better event at the Olympics. I oh, oh yeah, don't you agree. Like breakdancing, I'm not saying that the breakdancers aren't fit. I'm not saying that Ray Gunn wasn't awesome. I'm saying that, if you really were going to introduce dance as a sport, pole dancing is insane. The workout.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: There was a Hollywood actress, Sheila Kelly interviewed her back in the day. Then she came into town and I was telling her, I go, she started this s factor thing. Now. She made a movie where she was playing a stripper, something about the I don't know if it's the Blue Lagoon, the Blue something. And she realized when she was practicing she had to learn how to pull dance for her character, and she just realized that she got just jacked. She got in wicked shape.
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 1: So she, using her influence in Hollywood, came up with the S Factory. I convinced her to open up a store here.
Speaker 5: Oh nice, She was in the galleria Nice.
Speaker 1: Now, Sheila Kelly wasn't there every day. She lived in La She was a working actress, but she it was her franchises. Yeah, and she would come in all the time and the S factor. And then I had friends that it changed their lives. They went over there and started like being becoming instructors and stuff. What I have for you is a seventy one year old pole dancer Mary. She's also a fitness and an exercise guru. She started pole dancing at fifty seven and realized that it changed her life. Her last kid graduated from college, She's like, what do I do? Okay, let's get on the pole. So she is an embodied reminder that getting older doesn't have to mean forfeiting beauty, sexuality, strength and the activities that you love. I got a great video for you, and it leads the Looking at Girls blog page. So I say all the time, you know you go for the pictures, but go say for the articles.
Speaker 6: I love that this is getting old and doesn't include those things like I'm out, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: It will I'll tell you what it will make you, no matter what level of fitness you're at right now or whatever age you are. We got a little bit of everything. Listening to this show and everybody in this room, you will feel like a slug when you watch her. You will feel I mean when when they're on the poll and they make it look so effortless, you forget that they're they're they're supporting their entire body weight with their hands on this pole and they're horizontal, you know, they but they're not like any of us. We would be shaking and trembling and everything. They're just like doing it effortlessly.
Speaker 5: Artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. So that's something to definitely go and check out on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. On the flip reck check, we'll find out what's trending. And then world premiere of brand new music from Breaking Benjamin, Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: Am The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. I was so tempted because you know, Breaking Benjamin's got a clip up and they've got stuff available on their uh ig and I have their ig pulled up. No sound. I have not heard even note number one of the brand new breaking Benjamin there. I'm so excited the brand new breaking Benjamin song. I none of us have heard anything yet. We're going to listen to it together. Coming up a little World World premiere action. Okay, mostly sunny today, low chances of rain. We're in the sixties now it's gonna be It's gonna top out at seventy eight today. Come on, had the hype man in earlier today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hol front hype man, Yeah boom, what you got? What's trending?
Speaker 6: So I want to get back to the Victoria Secret Runway show less night because that's that's literally everything that I'm seeing trending. Tyra Banks returned to the Victoria's Secret Runway. You have Bella Hideid heating up the fashion show. You had all the celebrities out, Cardi b.
Speaker 5: Share was theremo was there?
Speaker 1: She's just nice from this planet.
Speaker 5: I spice who else?
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm just going through all these celebrity pictures. A lot of these newer celebrities, I don't know who they are, so.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, their share.
Speaker 1: I know her. She's old.
Speaker 5: The ones I can do.
Speaker 1: She's sixty. Yeah, she knows them all, she knows all the Golden.
Speaker 6: Girls, whatever, whatever, whatever, Okay, I know who Tom Holland is.
Speaker 5: Superman. Hello, he is launching.
Speaker 6: I think people that are getting in on this non alcoholic beer and spirit game, I think they know something we don't like. I feel like they know the young kids aren't drinking as much, or maybe they want to still partake. It's called Barrow and he just launched it. So you can see on his ig he's like drinking from the you know, from the non alcoholic cup there.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to swoop in and save your life or you just want to you just want to be out there on your own?
Speaker 5: Sure, go ahead, sure, save my save my life anytime. Spider Man, spider Man, Tom Holland, you.
Speaker 1: Said, Superman, Oh damn, here they come, here they come.
Speaker 5: Okay, my bad.
Speaker 6: I did know with Spider Man. I just they're both red and blue. To be fair, they're both red and blue. And then on this day in nineteen eighty seven, eighteen month old Jessica mklure was famously rescued from a well in Midland, Texas. Do you remember baby destro Hofell in the well? Guys, this process took fifty eight hours to save her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't usually do it on this day, but this was.
Speaker 6: This is a pretty significant one and have been right here in Texas. So those are the things that are trending on EDNY four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: It's so tempted to listen to this and I haven't, so do it all. Breaking Benjamin has said, okay, and I'm just gonna let the song do all the talking. It says. Awaken is out now on all platforms. Thank you for your patience. That's it. That's my setup or whatever. We have pre recorded here and we're gonna listen to Breaking Benjamin Awaken Chilli. We will take calls. I will not allow anybody to get through. At least the song is three minutes and thirty five seconds long. At least let it play a minute and a half before you call me. Listen to it, let it marinate a little bit. Sometimes these phones start ringing and the phone the song's been on for thirty seconds, and you want to tell me, like what you think of it, but you didn't hear it. So let's take a listen together, guys.
Speaker 5: What's up.
Speaker 1: It's Ben from Breaking Benjamin to check out our new song Awaken right now.
Speaker 5: This is the iHeartRadio World premiere.
Speaker 1: On ninety four or.
Speaker 5: Five The Buzz Houston's Rock and alternative.
Speaker 2: Sogain Knife Falls, the Great.
Speaker 1: Pleasnight, Chris God My.
Speaker 7: Find sad.
Speaker 12: Song Opened Me and.
Speaker 2: Let Me Say Again, Gray.
Speaker 8: My God, my.
Speaker 2: OCN myself.
Speaker 3: Say Lation Say Can't.
Speaker 4: Advised ninety four or five The Buzz World Premiere brand new music, Breaking Benjamin and Awaken.
Speaker 1: First time we've gotten new music from Breaking Benjamin since two thousand and two. And I don't know if this is well, Yeah, it's big news for them. They've been on the same record label, Hollywood Records, since two thousand and two when they came out. This is their first time on a new label, so twenty years with the same record label. And you know, maybe a new direction, a breath of fresh air. You know, sometimes bands just need something a little different to kind of like kickstart them and you know, go in a different direction. Phone lines are ringing, email going off the whole damn time the song is playing. Yeah, Breakie Benjamin has played here a million times. We know these guys quite well. You guys know them quite well. They've played multiple buzz fests. Tessa.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts on this, Well, I think it's important when you come back, if you've been dormant for a little bit, to like come back and hit people with a banger.
Speaker 5: So I definitely think this is a banger. I think think it is.
Speaker 6: Nostalgic, but at the same time, it's new, Like it's fresh enough that it's not like, oh my god, that's just like old Breaking Benjamin, Like it's definitely them, but it's I think I think it's great. I think I think it's the resurgence of all these bands. You gotta throw Breaking Benjamin in there now with Lincoln Park, three Days, Grace, everyone that's just coming back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just feels.
Speaker 6: New and cool, fresh, but also very nostalgic with everyone being back. So I'm jealous of the people that are gonna get to see this. October twenty fourth. Yeah, he gave away a pair of tickets.
Speaker 5: They're gonna get to hear this, and this is great.
Speaker 1: Breaking Benjamin's stayed with special guest Daughtry coming up man October twenty fourth, The Woodland's pavilion, so you can still get a handful of tickets to that show.
Speaker 5: Alex, Yeah, I really liked it, man. I mean it's very on brand.
Speaker 8: It sounds a lot just like like old school breaking management, and they just rock and then they just kick into it and it rocks right there they screaming it.
Speaker 5: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: That's a classic. Ben What I wasn't expecting was that little guitar. I'm like, way the man adds, you know, because that crunching guitar this part that's breaking, Benjamin, who's going? I was like, what, there's a guitar solo in here? Yeah? You know, rock is not dead. It going back to what you said, you know, we're how excited we are about what's going to be happening next year with Three Days Grace and some of these other these rock bands, and you know, my best memories from this past summer were rock bands. And you know, with Limp Biscuit being out there and the return of Marilyn Manson and all of.
Speaker 5: That, rock is not dead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a resurgence of sorts and it's kind of nice.
Speaker 5: It feels like are the two thousands back?
Speaker 7: Baby?
Speaker 5: Like are we back?
Speaker 1: Very nice, Michelle, you were the first one to call in, so it sounds like maybe.
Speaker 15: You made up your mind soon on the song, well, I already had been listening to it on YouTube.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: In the Sorrow Beneath you Found the Devil in Me?
Speaker 5: Powerful lyrics. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Ben's another one of those guys that people really connect with his lyrics.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why them being out with Stained is perfect. There it is.
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm seeing him on the twenty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what were the flight what were the the lyrics.
Speaker 9: And the Sorrow Beneath you Found the Devil in Me?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I like it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. All right, thank you, Eric, Michelle likes it. I'm sorry, Daniel. Good morning, Good morning guys. What did you think of that new breaking Benjamin?
Speaker 10: I'm safe to say it's safe to say that that will not be the only spin you hear that on the book?
Speaker 1: All right, So are you instructing Radio Wizard that that needs to go into regular rotation?
Speaker 5: You know it's going to be a hit.
Speaker 9: That's it's got that signature. So yep, it's it's good.
Speaker 1: So I agree. I agree, with you. Thank you, Hubert, Good morning, Hey Rod, what's happening, how are you? How's the gang doing?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: Man, everybody's in a great mood right now, and we're listening to New Breaking Benjamin. Your thoughts.
Speaker 10: I think it's phenomenal. The guitar riff at the beginning was amazing, and that little doo doo in the middle. The lyrics, the lyricsure was good. The lyrics was great, and it was past piece. It's just continued to going and.
Speaker 1: Going and going.
Speaker 10: So the music was the music was awesome. I mean the whole the whole song was good, really superb.
Speaker 1: But you like the whole party.
Speaker 9: It's like a bat instrument, like a thank you.
Speaker 1: You ever agree with thanks Man, appreciate you being on the show today, Jackie.
Speaker 11: Hello, mister Rod.
Speaker 1: Would you say absolutely?
Speaker 15: I love it?
Speaker 11: I love it And thanks to the Rod Ryan Show, I get to go to the concert next week. So hearing that song that, I was like, you did not listen to it before today? And I am just smiling so big because Classic Breaking Benjamin and did not disappoint. Loved the guitar riff and their voices are just incredible. In the sentiment of the lyrics love it, love it, love it, Love it.
Speaker 1: Ben sounds really good his vocals. He sounds great on this track.
Speaker 6: I'd be so amped if I had to take us to this concert and then you're just to say that like you would, just this is gonna You're gonna have to put this in your rotation until the concert.
Speaker 1: Have fun, Jackie, Joe, Good morning, Rubber Rug, what's going on? Talk to me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: They clicked all the boxes.
Speaker 1: They make them classic Breaking Benjamin with a modern edge to it. You can't beat it kind of sounds like something like what Tessa was saying. You know, there there's enough connective tissue to what you like about Breaking Benjamin. I won't accept it if you say you, oh my god, I love Breaking Benjamin, but I don't like that new song. It's impossible. I want to I want to even accept that. There is so much classic sound there of what probably brought you to the party. Why you love them?
Speaker 5: Yeah with you know, but it's fresh enough? Yeah, right, like thank you.
Speaker 1: Joe, oh yeah, oh yeah. Appreciate to god, Joe, I appreciate you one more. Wow. I mean this is overwhelming. It's just everybody's just gushing over it, Sandy. Good morning, Good morning Sandy. We're talking about the new Breaking Benjamin track. It's called Awaken.
Speaker 5: Yes, love it, loves it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Across the board. Then maybe like the bold people are going to be emailing me, maybe maybe the keyboard the keyboarders will be a little bit more angsty. I mean, Sandy, it's across the board. Everyone is telling me they love it. Everybody on the show loves it, so we can absolutely we can't all be.
Speaker 5: Wrong, right, absolutely not.
Speaker 11: They didn't try to change their formula, become New Coke or anything.
Speaker 5: They just they nailed it.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that, Sandy. Why do you sound cooler than us? Why is your review then?
Speaker 5: How do you get your words together like that?
Speaker 1: Your reviews are not supposed to sound better than mine? Okay, and yours did? All right, We're playing it all day today and we'll get you guys very familiar with the song. But Wizard's listening this. This has got to go into rotation.
Speaker 7: Come on The rod Ryan Show Mornings on nine, The Buzz, I.
Speaker 1: Need four five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Green Day, the Lemma Brand new music from Breaking Benjamin before that and Jeremy if Jeremy's here, I don't know. It's been uh, it's been Reno, right, it's been Josh.
Speaker 5: Yes, Reno's all all week for Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Reno will start at ten o'clock with we'll continue world premiering that new breaking Benjamin. The emails that are coming in are mimicking every single phone call that we took live on the air. Those calls are live, baby, those I mean, you know, we got a little bit of a delay here, but those calls are live. If somebody goes to call in and say, hey, you've heard them before. You've heard people on the show before, be idiots talking about giving their critiques on songs that they don't like. I'm looking at you. Yes, I'm looking at you. We put on that Tool song and we're going around the room. I'm like, oh my god, new music FROMOL, new music from Tool, Alex that sucked. There's a song, Okay, this song was trash, absolutely absolutely. Rob Ryan showed twenty years zero filter zero still but yep, so great. All those calls come in the way that they come in, and I'll say this again, emails like it. They like it. I mean, if you're gonna get people bitching. I mean, if you want you want to hear a bitch email. The only one I got is complaining about Tom Holland is not Superman and he Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: I knew that, Dude, I knew that.
Speaker 1: Do you understand you ruined somebody's day today? And I said, I go, do you want me to save your life or no? Because I wanted to to step in and say I know that you just misspoke. I know you know what you're talking about. I said, you don't want to let that go. I mean, listen, I don't always know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: But in that one small.
Speaker 6: Baby instance, I did think in my head, I said, Spider Man and not Superman.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's two different universes. How could you be so?
Speaker 6: Did they have the same uniform? Basically, one has a cape is a cape, they're red and blue.
Speaker 1: One was on Empire Strikes Back, the other one was Star Wars.
Speaker 5: One has a web. Okay, they can both kind of fly.
Speaker 1: One was Star Trek, the other one was Star Wars. Okay, get it straight. Different universes, Okay, Spock didn't hang out with Spider Man.
Speaker 6: C three PO did if you're one of the people I ruined your day. I want you to know that will not be the last time.
Speaker 1: It ruined this guy's day. Well, he must not have. He must have started typing after you said it and didn't hear us. Correct this whole thing and fix it, and just make sure that no, no, because I know what you're gonna I know what kinds of things you're gonna say to him.
Speaker 5: No you don't, I do.
Speaker 1: Josh Reno's gonna have that song for you again, and then every two hours out to that. So it looks like Teresa's going to be playing it all afternoon as well. Good stuff. I did forward your emails over to the Wizard, so your voice, your thoughts, they are out there. And I back up all of the I back up all of the positive reviews. Can we give away those tickets? I promise if.
Speaker 5: Pat Mourero stops emailing me surveillance pictures and I'll give you the tickets.
Speaker 1: Why are you bringing Pat.
Speaker 6: In the seventy seven emails from the golf tournament and they all look like they're taking.
Speaker 5: From a hill somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, now listen taking a photography show. And I also have those emails and it's not seventy seven. Pat, you email all those pictures? No, a wonderful job, don't do it? They do look like.
Speaker 5: Number thirty.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. They're fourteen megapiece.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was lovely to my son yesterday. I was lovely to see Pat.
Speaker 1: They're coming in one at a time.
Speaker 5: Why does he send them one at a time because.
Speaker 1: They're fourteen magnets.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pass not a cloud guy. He's an attachment guy, no matter how big it is.
Speaker 6: Mars depths, tickets, Halma ghettam all right, Yeah, I wish you could take pictures half as good as Pat.
Speaker 1: Maria March sixteenth, third seven, one three two. You want to go see the depthtones, you gotta go through Chili. It's like one of his favorites, Rock and.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Right, guys, nine o'clock hour is going to be extremely busy. We've got a chance for you to get a crack at a one thousand dollars alternative income. Alex said he's gonna try to shoot. He's trying to get closest to the pin, the pin being at nine point thirty. It'll probably come a little before that. Our iHeartRadio Alter Ego Festival January eleventh out in California. It's got the offspring on it. We're gonna give you a chance to get in on that national contest and then we'll go back local with I was just notified this morning and it was like in Passing should have been the headline. Corn is sold out Corning Gojira on Sunday. Yeah, these pit tickets are outrageous. Then, yeah, so we're to give those away. And I had already mentioned Corn on the show earlier for.
Speaker 5: The merch, right, the merch pre sales. Someone was asking about that on the X on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is when you can get up there if you are anywhere near the Woodlands Pavilion Saturday noon to five o'clock, they're going to set up a merch booth outside of the pavilion. That's right, and you can so there's no lines, no waiting. You buy your merch if you would like to, you know, wash it and then wear it the next day.
Speaker 5: If you're like Rod and you have to wash it before you can wear it.
Speaker 1: I do like washing things before noon.
Speaker 5: TOFI but it's credit card only, okay, or this has happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guarantee you there's people that are listening to this show right now that have gone to a concert spend what thirty five forty bucks on a T shirt. I like to just like tuck it in my waist and like have it hanging down and then the next thing you know, you go for it's there. You lose it. It's the worst right you stood in that line. You're not doing that again. So that's a good thing about Korn having that merch booth out there on Saturday. Let's go Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: More than ninety people are still missing in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene. State and federal officials gave an update yesterday on how communities are trying to recover from this storm. So such a deadly storm that killed dozens of people in the western part of North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Florida also recovering from storm damage.
Speaker 6: State officials say insured losses from Hurricane Milton are approaching two billion dollars. Here in Houston, specifically Richmond, a Democratic nominee for the Fort ben County Commissioner's Court is facing a ninth indictment for a social media hoax. Taral Patel was arrested in June for felony online misrepresentation and misdemeanor identity misrepresentation. So he's accused of creating fake social media accounts to post racial attacks against himself. Now he was posing, supposedly like by supporters of his political righte This indictment was filed on Monday and charges of Patel with a new misdemeanor of harassment. He faces a total of four felonies and five misdemeanors. This was someone who was running to be part of the Fort Bean County Commissioner's Court.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, let's move on.
Speaker 6: One of the supposed new trends we could see in twenty twenty five is one legged pants, so one of your legs is covered in a pant leg like usual, and then the other is mostly exposed, as if you're wearing a mini skirt or short shorts. Several fancy fashion companies have had models wearing these on runways, and one even has these pants is part of a new Workplace women's wear collection for next spring.
Speaker 1: You get the bust of both worlds though, you know, like if you like girls like it how they look in jeans. But then you like, you don't want to hire, you don't want to like hide carry underwood's legs, so you get like one leg out.
Speaker 5: And one leg in, like I'm wearing pants, but just so you know, my leg looks like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't skip leg day, just out the left exposed.
Speaker 6: One right, or you only have to shave your right leg and you could lift the other one furry because it gets cold.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you only gotta shave one leg now, right, girls, that's right, this is.
Speaker 1: A great idea. Then I'm on board. This is awesome. Okay.
Speaker 6: Designers seem excited about this asymmetrical look, Like how there have been a lot of trends wearing mismatch socks and footwear.
Speaker 5: I didn't know about these, but.
Speaker 6: Anyway, it is the latest fashion trend and it's only super expensive fashion right now, so like, don't expect old davy prices.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're not marketing this to the blue collar crowd just yet, are they paying?
Speaker 1: Are they charging two pant leg prices for one pant leg?
Speaker 5: Probably I'm gonna assume, so I mean.
Speaker 1: Half off half off. Okay, cheaper than the regular pants.
Speaker 13: Let us play a little What the holy it's the most wonderful time, nicely spoky season.
Speaker 6: Lifetime has already announced there it's a wonderful Lifetime holiday movie lineup.
Speaker 5: They did it yesterday.
Speaker 6: Now it kicks off November sixteenth, but from October twenty first to January first, Lifetime is streaming one hundred holiday movies on their app and website.
Speaker 5: In this launch.
Speaker 6: Of the twelve new movies that are going to be played on Lifetime, one is definitely inspired by Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey. It's called Christmas in the Spotlight. That one premieres ever Time.
Speaker 5: Sure it's sponsor.
Speaker 6: It's about that well because it's about a pop star who hasn't found mister right no, and then the football player has a crush on her.
Speaker 1: So this is what Lifetime Yes, because Hallmark has a stupid Kansas City Chiefs holiday movie.
Speaker 5: Everyone's got to get in on it and everyone's gonna watch it.
Speaker 7: You know it.
Speaker 17: Why do they crank these things out on a weekend? I mean, how easy are these movies to make? Well, I don't know the same plot and all of them It's.
Speaker 1: Insane to me, how like how they can just bang these things out and people still watch them get in.
Speaker 6: The Christmas spirit ant.
Speaker 1: Yes, as a matter of fact, I have had enough of Andy Williams and I don't want to hear from him until November.
Speaker 6: Well, too bad. I do have some serious You have some serious news. Former Ozzy Osbourne and Bad Lends guitarist Jake E Lee was just walking his dog in Las Vegas yesterday morning.
Speaker 5: He was taking his dog out on a walk and he was shot multiple times.
Speaker 6: The police believed the shooting was completely random, and the good news is he's expected to make a full recovery.
Speaker 5: But Lee, I mean, is trying to just live his life.
Speaker 6: He has no cartilage like left in his fingers from all the guitar playing, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, completely unrelated, Yeah, he's not really. I mean he still plays, but I mean he's not. He's he was an Azzie for a couple of years, right, and that's what he's most known for.
Speaker 5: I think he thought he had carpool tunnel.
Speaker 6: But he's just goes so hard on these guitars that he doesn't have cartilage in his right hand and very little on his left. So yeah, played with Ozzie Is the Badlands guitarist expected to make.
Speaker 5: A full recovery good, random, awful, awful.
Speaker 1: Those are newsing type taking alex.
Speaker 8: In the MLB Playoffs, the Yankees beat the Guardian sixty three in Game two of the ALCS.
Speaker 5: They lead that series two games to none.
Speaker 1: Are you wanting a subway series or no?
Speaker 5: I just want the Yankees to win and not to ruin my life.
Speaker 1: But Yankees Mets? Is that something you would look forward to?
Speaker 5: Want the Yankees? I don't care.
Speaker 1: You don't care who they play.
Speaker 8: I don't want the Mets to be successful and anything they ever do though interesting, ideally, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I hate them both.
Speaker 8: Screw the Dodgers tonight, I'm speaking to them. It's Game three the NLCS between the Mets and Dodgers. That series is tied up at a game a piece, first pitches at seven o eight.
Speaker 5: You can watch it on FS one.
Speaker 8: In some Texans news, the team traded running back Cam Akers and a seventh round draft pick to the Viking Scene exchange for a sixth round pick. Akers started two games with the Texans in place of injured running backs Joe Mason and Damian Pierce, but became expendable when both of them returned last week. If you're looking for some college football to watch tonight, Sam Houston's gonna play Western Kentucky at six. You can watch that on ESPN two and UTEP will take on FIU at eight. That's gonna be on CBS Sports Network. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: Thanks Al, Yeah, Alo, Thanks Llo Houston.
Speaker 8: Rock Houston's Alternative All Day, and The rod Ryan Mornings Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Lincoln Park Crawling. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. Chance at one thousand dollars. Your chance at some alternative income is coming up. We're going to give you a shot closer to around nine to twenty five today. iHeart Alter Ego Festival, which was just announced yesterday, and we're gonna give you a chance to win some tickets to get into that. If you missed the lineup, Cage's the Elephant, Glass, Animals, Luminears, Offspring, Incubius, Saint Vincent Head and the Heart.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's a great show. So that's coming up, and then we will get you into the sold out corn Show corn Pit tickets know the show today, so it's a big hour to hang with us. I used the Lincoln Park song. It's three minutes and twenty seven seconds long, give or take. I watched Eli's video and I can't all right, first of all, that ice cube kicking son of a bitch. H he can make some videos. He's good. He really is good. That's like through barbed wire stills.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is really really talented. And I'm afraid. And this is where I'm going to ask Chili for a favor and he's like, oh God, here we go. But I'm gonna ask. I'm afraid that people go and look at the the golf page and you see all those pictures because Chili added a bunch. I'm afraid that people are gonna stop scrolling before they see that video. I think that easy goal at the top of that page. It's the video is so good.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it right now.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Video is killer. That's the best video Eli's ever made for us. But he turns it around so quick. And the think about video guys, it's like, okay, they know that they're in demand, and it's like you know what, Okay, radio boy you'll get that video when I'm good and ready to get it to you. And he turns that stuff around so quickly and it's just wow. Yeah, I mean he does good work.
Speaker 9: I'm going to take a nine away from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you mind?
Speaker 9: I already date it?
Speaker 1: You put it at the top. Yeah, I don't want anyone to miss it. It's so good. Thank you, Eli. Stop kicking the cubes. We'll get along.
Speaker 5: Hey, you took a lot of shots yesterday, Rod, if.
Speaker 1: You did, I I'm just saying same one over over again.
Speaker 5: I'm just seeing it's the same one. Awesome stuffts of drinks.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, he was out there, he was working it today or yesterday. It's an awesome video. I'm gonna send it to all of our salespeople. I would say, hey, go get us some more sponsors for this thing. Well, how much fun we had on look at this, I mean Willie's ice House, just them and that faheat to meat. I have no idea how much food they brought out there the last time was I thought was ridiculous. When they're bringing crab legs.
Speaker 6: It's expensive, yeah it is, but they love feeding us and they have so much fun and they're so nice.
Speaker 1: I'm I am convinced I have cracked the code. Why I feel so good today is they had that cucumber water. Now I've had cucumber water before, and what is it. It's water, hopefully it's filtered, and there's just a couple of slices of the cucumber in there, and it slightly flavors the water, right because it's a cucumver and a lot of it's smell, you know what I mean, a lot of it. You just smell in the cucumber and you're falsely leading that you're drinking cucumver water. This was kind of mashed, it was blended, it was thick, it was pulpy, and it was just a little bit of sweetness in there. I'm convinced that's why I feel the way I do today, which is great, Richie, if you're asking, it's great. I feel awesome today.
Speaker 5: Look at you. Yeah, that cucumber water.
Speaker 1: They won't tell me what it is. They won't tell me. I asked them three times, and I'm like, look, if we're gonna be friends, you've got to tell me. They're like, everything but that rock, everything but that and what we use to marinate this beef to make it so unbelievably tender. I cannot get my feet as a taste like that same grill open flame the whole day. I can't get my piatas like that. It's like chew in a rubber band in my house. Chose not them. Hey, so yeah, walk fresh the video Eli, Thank you. The video is now at the top if you want to go see a little bit of a recap, even if you if you weren't there. When I say I want sponsors for these things, I want you in the next video. I want your business out there. Thank you to all the businesses that did come out and hang with us. A lot of people sometimes they look for you know, how much money did you raise yesterday? I don't know. I think a lot. I know that Admiral transfer and rigging, being the title sponsor, Duke and CC they were out there and having a great time in carbock and liquid death and selling out you guys, selling out the golf tournament. All that stuff is what keeps us ticking and keeps us going.
Speaker 6: Spaghetti the spaghetti Warehouse, Spaghetti Western.
Speaker 1: Sphetti Western, Did you finally make it over there for that? Damn meatball did, I said, I that was the first hole I went to go, say hi, it was the first hole I came across, and I was not ready to eat yet, and I said, I'm not risking not getting back here. So I had a meatball to me. Everybody eat a ball, Yeah, everybody with a meatball with Marry the jumbo ball so good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And they had pasta and they're so they're just fun.
Speaker 1: They're like coming out for businesses. It's kind of like a little bit of a day off. Okay, So I that wicked party up in Humble Porky's and they were out there and it's just like it's a couple of bartenders like, hey, we're looking for some volunteers. It's like, yeah, what I get work credit and I could just go hang out at a golf course. I think a lot of people just want to, like it's like playing hooky, you know.
Speaker 6: But did you get some Kobe Stevens merch. I'm sorry, I'm looking at all of our peers right now. It was making people chug out of a water gun.
Speaker 1: There was some sort of a beer a beer gun, like a sought off beer shot gun. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there was that and that's it. Oh you can see Aris, the bass player from Rosie, he's doing it in the video he got he got captured.
Speaker 9: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were great and they hong too. It's one thing that they come out and play and they're like, hey, can we get a Can we get a couple of golf carts?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: And driver rout and say hi to people like will we will get you golf carts? So their manager went out and got him some golf carts. What a guy. You got the right manager there, man, this guy could rustle up some cards like nobody. All right, Links and guests, go check out the pictures. Ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. I think about a ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny cold front is here. People are celebrating dogs and cats getting along. His Today of around seventy.
Speaker 12: Eight online Kid's Alex Online ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Muzz alright, what you got over there? All right?
Speaker 8: Today's AOL is submitted by our very own Bobby Jokes. Oh you may have remembered him when he filled in with Shelley was giving out tickets to everybody on Wednesdays on the well known passagav podcast that I highly recommend you check out today's.
Speaker 5: AOL is called two thousand four.
Speaker 8: Or twenty twenty four, and you will be looking at things that happened in either two thousand and four, twenty twenty four, or sometimes both. That's that's the span of this morning show. Yeah, Motorola released a new razor phone. Is that twenty four four?
Speaker 1: Of both? Oh oh four?
Speaker 5: Same same? It was try again. It was actually both because they did just come out with another one.
Speaker 1: There's a razor phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything a reading.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite phone. It was the best phone ever. I felt so cool as the first time. I was like using the coolest phone on the streets. It was just I felt like I felt like a boss.
Speaker 6: I have the adult trebon and gold when I also I too, fell was silver and you would turn on it would go all right, it's aggressive.
Speaker 1: I wanted it.
Speaker 8: Beyonce wins five Grammy Awards? Is that in two thousand and four or twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: Oh four? She didn't win squat because of that country album. She feels like she got snubbed in.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and four. Yeah, correct, well done.
Speaker 8: Beyond go see if you can remember what year these things happened at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, here's that Alter Ego Music festival we've been talking about. Listen to the lineup. Chance to win. Just do what this guy tells you to do or maybe girl, now your chance that a trip to our iHeartRadio Alter Ego.
Speaker 5: Text the nationwide de ord music to the number two hundred, two hundred.
Speaker 1: You'll get a confirmation text and info. Standard data and message rates apply in this nationwide contest. That's music.
Speaker 8: It's a two hundred two hundred The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, jelly Roll. You need a favorite. He's got a brand new album out there right now. I don't know what format. I'm assuming country radio is probably playing.
Speaker 5: Features on features.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's him and Machine Gun Kelly. They got to kind of a hit on their hands right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, but you know what, he just did a song too with Halsey.
Speaker 6: That's getting a lot of attention on TikTok.
Speaker 5: I bet that's the next one to go viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was amazed. I kind of knew that that trend was happening. But when we talked about all the new albums that were coming out on Friday, m hm, and we just looked at all the special guests that are on everybody's album right, it's crazy to me. And then we said, oh, yeah, Offspring have a new album out. Not one special guest was listed.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're jamming and Miles Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Miles Kennedy too. I mean, you look at the rock albums, it's not you know, there's certainly great collaborations that have happened out there, but yeah, it seems like every pop and country artist, if you don't have ten people that are also on your album, why you put it out? That's all. It seems like that's all people want right now. That's good. But jelly Roll he was opening up for Shine Down two years ago, and we said, who the hell is this jelly roll guy on the air, All of us, every one of us, even mister Eared at the ground over there, Alex, who knows everything, we didn't know.
Speaker 7: Who he was.
Speaker 1: And people had to call us up and tell us, oh my god, you're missing out on this guy. He's going to be huge, and every one of you is right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the biggest name.
Speaker 1: He's the biggest guy, and he's getting smaller, lost.
Speaker 5: One hundred pounds. Yeah, big guy getting smaller, getting.
Speaker 1: Smaller and physically right before our eyes. Jolley, did you win an auction yesterday? I see you now, his all time hero. He's got the biggest man crush on Andre Johnson. It's his favorite Texan, the only Texan in the Hall of Fame. So I see why you like him, did you? I see you with a picture that Courtland Finnegan where he's punching him and it's an autographed picture. Did you what is it yours?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I wish it was somebody was, Uh, there was a lady driving around with it.
Speaker 15: Okay, so you can bid on it. And then I said, Wilson's I'm not gonna win it. Let me just take a picture of it.
Speaker 5: Great call. And now you have the memory and everyone thinks you have it.
Speaker 1: I'm an influencer. Now why don't you own that?
Speaker 13: Actually?
Speaker 5: I want to get the action figure that they're selling. I saw that action figure.
Speaker 1: Now tell me what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I've seen it on social.
Speaker 15: Media where they have like a maybe like a two inch tall little figure of that replica of that picture somebody printed like three D printed or whatever, so I kind of want to get that.
Speaker 1: Are you right on the dimensions? Well two inches? Well it's pretty small, I know, I know about it's a lego. Okay, yeah, I saw you. You look real good.
Speaker 7: I was happy.
Speaker 1: I was going to congratulate you on your on your victory. I wish you would have gotten it. Man, you look super happy with that picture, you know, years ago and I saw it there yesterday. So we have we have a lot of donated items, and we have this auction that goes on and that's what keeps me there till what seven o'clock.
Speaker 15: Chilly, Yeah, actually you're close to it early this week seven Yeah, it was seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's six fifty nine. I think the tournament starts at noon. Shotgun started doing and like here we are wrapping things up at seven o'clock with after eating and doing the auction. But there's another silent auction with a bunch of sports memorabilia and those are their own animal and stuff, and they're there to help out and stuff, which is nice. There is a picture that I bought years ago, donated it back to it. No, well, somebody I bought this picture and I loved it so much, and it's a pretty famous picture. You'd think I would have spent my money, like on the Nolan Ryan stuff with the bloody you know, with the bloody lip, or when he's punching out Robin Ventura. I bought a picture of Earl Campbell coming off the field and he's kind of like shaking hands with Walter Peyton, who I loved, Okay, never liked the Bears, but loved Walter Peyton. Everybody did. And Earl Campbell even before I lived here. Earl Campbell. You can even ask Aunt Sue, like we loved him. We absolutely him, okay, like our running back was when we were little little kids, OJ was the guy, but Earl Campbell, but or Earl Campbell was like our favorite guy, you know, and then and then Eric Dickerson became my favorite running back after that was much better person. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I bought that at the auction and then you know, things go on as they do, and I set it down somewhere and I left.
Speaker 5: I just left.
Speaker 1: It was gone. It was gone. I mean I probably put it behind a bush or something and and just walked around like and then I just I left that. Oh damn, I think I bought that picture, and it's just so somebody's got that hanging in their house.
Speaker 15: So the guy I'd like it back, the guy that, uh, the guy that that bought that picture yesterday, Yeah, also bought the Andrew Johnson picture that I'm holding because he was sitting at the table next to me and he had both of those.
Speaker 5: Money bags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I have so much of that stuff. I'm I don't I don't go to buy that stuff anymore. The hell I got helmets, I got the stop, I got the stuff, and it's I'm not displaying it. Yeah, I'm gonna have to start. I'm gonna have to start auction.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, I can go.
Speaker 15: Take inventory at all the storages you have, right and everything that don't help you in donated to check.
Speaker 7: What a big hell?
Speaker 5: That's so nice for you to donate your time.
Speaker 1: Is there any world that we live in that the picture of Nolan Ryan with the bloody lip that was bloody by Bo Jackson, Uh huh, Because for a long time I thought that that was just an after the fight photo with Robin Ventura that he was up on the mound. He had the bloody lip. Those are two separate incidents. Yes, for Nolan Ryan there's the bloody lip picture where he's just he's got the ball and it's a real famous picture. And then there's obviously Robin Ventura in the headlock and he's getting ready to you know, to pound him in the face. A bloody lip picture is just as good. It's just a good I don't know that you could say that it was a it's a better and more iconic picture, but it's right there as awesome.
Speaker 6: Now, those were the part those were stepping stones to becoming the legend that is Nolan, right, you know what I mean, Like you kind of need both those pictures.
Speaker 1: They had both of them there.
Speaker 15: Signed Yeah, that's like the picture of JJ Watt with a bloody nose and Bryan Cushion with a bloody face.
Speaker 1: The Cushion bloody face one is it's always good. I mean, it's it's it's grotesque, it's awesome. You know.
Speaker 6: The screensaver was that JJ Watt bloody nose picked for a long time. Hey that that uh oh tawny fifty to fifty ball is up to one point seven million dollars. The bidding the bidding is up for that ball?
Speaker 1: Did the kid ever drop his lawsuit?
Speaker 7: The fan?
Speaker 5: The kid said that for a short period of time.
Speaker 1: For a short period of time under the chair, the naked eye could never see it. But we just had to take his word for it. He said that ball was in my hand at one point and then a much stronger older person grabbed it out of that hand. That's how it works. That's how football works. That's how that's how fumbles work. That's how everything works.
Speaker 8: You guys, remember when shown it's like betting on baseball this year? Hey, can we just throw your trainer under the bus instead and like just pretend it didn't happen. Just dragged the Astros forever, Like remember when they just wiped that away?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I'm glad we all remember that. Don't ever let us forget that. I will thank you. The Rod Ryan Show effects include swings, mood swings.
Speaker 1: Yeah ninety four five, the Buzz, Good morning, Rot Ryan's Show. We're not done just yet, but we are starting to think about No the show. You've had a chance at one thousand dollars. You've had a chance at a trip to Los Angeles for the Alter Ego show. Now we're going to give you something here locally for you guys. Pit tickets to go see Corn Go Jira Sunday, sold out pit tickets. If you think you want to go to that show on Sunday, you want to be in the pit where Fieldy's bass, We'll just black right through your whole body. We'll give you that opportunity. Ah, we'll have a question, well, the question Troy on the flip of this break, Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show before five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Heay, guys, John for the last bit of business here.
Speaker 5: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la know.
Speaker 1: The show for sold out Horn Go Jira tickets. These aren't just any tickets. These tickets are in the pit for the sold out show Sunday night. What's your question?
Speaker 5: What happened to Alex steering Pumpkin spice presses right?
Speaker 1: It's like you got us again? He got us again? I don't know got us again?
Speaker 5: Don't say anything else.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two, one two five five. If you know the show, the buzz is right in your.
Speaker 7: Market, Tell your smart device to play. Ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety five The Buzz Oliver Tree, Hurt Rod Ryan's Show, getting ready to wrap up a wild card Wednesday Show, nine fifty four. Beautiful weather out there today. I hope you get some time to get outside a little bit.
Speaker 14: I get it.
Speaker 1: Most of us are working during the day. Boy, it's gonna be great. The high today will be seventy eight. Get outside, do whatever you.
Speaker 2: Have to do.
Speaker 5: He's an outside for you.
Speaker 7: Know this show on ninety four five The Buzz La La La La.
Speaker 14: La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La la.
Speaker 5: La la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Good morning, brother Rod. Hey, what's this? What's up? Good morning?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: This is Keaton.
Speaker 1: Nothing much, just hanging out Keaton calling about know the show. Yeah, there a pretty good ticket here too, man, I got a pretty good ticket. I hope you get it right, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what.
Speaker 6: Happened to Alix? Youring pumpkin spice preces right?
Speaker 1: He had another meeting? Why are their meetings going on? In the middle of the show, it's not cool. It's unacceptable. I said so too.
Speaker 5: That's what I told them exactly, And I'm well, sorry, this is the only time we canna do it.
Speaker 1: You pulled it all last fall. You're not doing that again for them. I don't want you leaving during the show. There is no reason that a meeting would have to go down while we're doing a radio show here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a happy hour that you too?
Speaker 1: Pretty good?
Speaker 5: Why did the meeting early?
Speaker 1: Kat, and you're the winner? What are you giving them?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 6: Dude, you get the tickets to go see Horn with goes your in spirit box.
Speaker 5: These are pit tickets. They're playing the Woodland Sunday, So have fun at that show.
Speaker 1: Did thank y'all so much.
Speaker 9: I already had tickets for now I got pit tickets. My kid's gonna freak out.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I say that to people. You know what, ron, I already got tickets, but these are just a little bit better than my second row tickets that I already have. All right, Keaton, it sounds like more of the Keaton klan in the family in the party. All right, bro, have a great time at the show. I'd love it. Jonathan Davis, picture over your shoulder, maybe Fieldy on the base. I'd love a picture. I know everyone says that. All right, dude, thank you Keaton.
Speaker 5: He'll come through. He said them one at a time, like Pat Marrero.
Speaker 1: They're big files. They can't fit on the picture. Thank you Pat for the pictures.
Speaker 5: I appreciate them.
Speaker 1: Tommy the Gun, Tommy the Gun beat Fresh Brian this morning, but it was a pretty good game. So game four tomorrow for Tommy the Gun. Morris. He's two away from getting into the Hall of Fame. I'm here for two more days this week. Let's put those two things together like that, you know what I mean. Like, just finish out the week, dude, Okay, finished out the week with us wild card Wednesday was the number one link. How about that new breaking Benjamin Well Rotten Tomatoes ninety nine point nine nine nine nine nine approval. Yeah, with our with our people coming this morning the top of the hour, Reno's got it good. I'm gonna stick around, Rita. I'm saying I want to listen to it again. Thank you guys for allowing us to put some new music on in the morning. We trust you not to turn the dial. Uh and you and then you give us all your feedback on and I love that. This is a really good song. Pumpkin spice price is right? How about that hype man?
Speaker 5: Wow, Alex, I can't believe you missed it, dude. It was so good. No, I can't wait to listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Golf Tournament Pictures, Eli, Thank you so much for the video. It's great. Thank you to the Cold Front for coming here. Thank you, Cold Frunt. I love I love you so much. I missed you. You're just as awesome as I remember you. I can't wait to be out there in it. I'm just gonna be rolling around in the grass. So Reno is up next, another breaking Benjamin spin at the top, and then it's gonna be spawned every two hours. Tomorrow is Throwback Thursday. Tomorrow is read my lips. It is Chile versus Tessa. Hell yeah, okay, okay, fix the Grand Thursday tomorrow as well, New Past the Gravy you're gonna miss coming out tonight? Yeah? Oh hey normally yeah, no, it's Gravy Day. Sometimes it seems like we have our golf tournament on Wednesdays a lot, and it's kind of like messed up your schedule.
Speaker 5: Sit around. We making work.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tessa's on Houston Life at one o'clock.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: We gotta go. We're back here tomorrow. Stick around. Reno's a great dude, caep it right here.
Speaker 14: He am a f.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.