Speaker 1: Turn up, dive, feel the vibe, Get ready to ad night, untold stories in the airways.
Speaker 2: Flying through the night, Experience voices, Tale, soapb streaming life, Truth dumbfoone until Wading.
Speaker 3: Network, The Secrets Come high.
Speaker 1: New episode Day, the Mystery Strive, Great Guess, super Shack So I remember I Sharing, subscribe, Join the side where.
Speaker 2: Truth can't hide in the eye.
Speaker 1: You have fos in the sky, crypts Lark can't go my Oline boasts in the hallway, whispering your name, the paranormal beyond explain, Come of me, I Pink, get the insiscoop, Unlock the mysteries, be part of the group, live streaming stories.
Speaker 3: And talking to you.
Speaker 2: Super Child's buzzing. Join up group, unto net. The Secrets come alive. You like the substay, Leave the mysteries by.
Speaker 3: Great Guests, super Chat.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, Remember Sharon subscribed on the side which you canna as if you've got the.
Speaker 3: Guns and you want to explore.
Speaker 2: Ntol, that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Ellis the ghost and all that's unseen until me on Network where the world's mysteries.
Speaker 3: Contain stout.
Speaker 4: Good morning, monsters, and welcome to this week's episode of Monsters on the Edge here on the Untold Radio Network. I am your host, Barnaby Jones from Cryptid's Anomalies and the Paranormal Society. Lee, you are in luck. We are live today, live in studio. Good morning to you. That's right, Lee, my hype lady over here. We do have a new show on our CAPS YouTube channel, just came out yesterday. It is a paranormal episode. We went to investigate the wash Shira County Historical Museum and jail and it was such a big investigation. We had five team members on this and it was god over eight hours ten hours of investigating there that day, and the episode actually had to get broken into two parts. So part one is out now and part two will come out in January. If you're interested in the paranormal and stuff. We got some really cool evidence, including on part two you'll see the loudest EVP that we've ever heard. We actually heard the voice in person and captured it on the recording, so you have that to look forward to. You can go check that out at Wisconsin Caps on YouTube. The links are in the show notes for that each and every week. If you want to show your sport for all things Cryptis anomalies on the Paranormal Society. You can like subscribe and share our channel, or you can go to our website with scouscaps dot com and click shop our store. There you will find our tea public website where you can find all kinds of shirts, stickers, magnets, tope bags, mugs, t shirts, tank tops, shorts. Whatever you want to show with our logo on it, you can go get that there, including our brand new holiday ugly sweater design that is on sale now. I don't know if you can still get it in time for the holidays, but you can try.
Speaker 5: Also, guys.
Speaker 4: Our documentary, The Hairyman of Dairyland, Wisconsin's Bigfoot, feature length documentary put out last year by the Caps team, is available on our Patreon page. You can also show your sport but becoming a member on Patreon and check out all of our new episodes before they go live, as well as a bonus footage part of the Washera County Historical Museum in Jail. There's a third part to that episode that you won't see on our YouTube channel that'll only be on our Patreon, so a little bit extra for you to go and subscribe for.
Speaker 6: That coming up.
Speaker 4: If you guys gonna want, gonna wanna meet us in person, you can meet us at Obscura Para con coming up in March in De Caleb, Illinois. We are going to be at the Contact Modalities Expo May first through the third in Delavan, Wisconsin, Cryptid's Anomalies, and the Paranormal Convention Saturday May ninth in Fondale, Wisconsin. Tickets for that go on sale January first, as well as the second round of guest, speaker and workshop announcements. And June thirteenth, we are going to be at the Chicago Paranormal Convention in Countryside, Illinois, and of course all the way out in October, I'm going to be at the Belleville Public Library, one of the three UFO capitals of Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: All kinds of fun stuff coming up here for twenty twenty six. But right now we have an awesome guest waiting in the wings, so let us get to that. My guest out today's show is Danielle Becker. He is originally from Newark, Ohio and currently residing in Anchorage, a Last. He is a cryptid researcher and the host of the show Cryptid Wilderness Research podcast with Matt Sleader. He is also the founder of Crypted Wilderness Research Network, which links together researchers for investigation cooperation. Together with his partners William Lunsford and Stephen Hill in Arkansas, they explored the world of Bigfoot, dog Man and other cryptid mysteries. Daniel has spoken at the Nebraska Bigfoot Conference in Grand Island, Nebraska, as well as the Anchorage Museum in Anchorage, Alaska, and now he joins us live in studio. Please welcome Daniel Becker. Daniel, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi, great to see you, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Awesome good to have you.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 4: You come very highly recommended from William Lunsford, so he spoke very highly of you when he came on our show, so I want to reach out and have you on my show.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you. I appreciate William Lunsford is a troublemaker. Just like to say that right off the bat. He is. William Lunsford is one of the people that I consider a field general in the area of cryptid research.
Speaker 4: He's a very wealth of knowledge, so very good to have him on as well.
Speaker 5: So awesome.
Speaker 4: Well, what got you interested in all this cryptid stuff in your podcast and investigating?
Speaker 6: Well, like so many others in this field, I was inspired at a very young age by watching the reruns of In Search of and you know, it's a story you've heard lots of times before, but from other researchers, of seeing the Patterson Gemlin film on those reruns. And so when I saw that as a kid, I was immediately intrigued, and I started asking questions, and and I thought, you know, who better to ask a question to than grandma. You know, Grandma's always got great stories. So I asked, my grandma, have you ever heard a bigfoot of? You know, I saw it on TV? And and my grandma was raised way way way back in the hollers in Kentucky, just across the Ohio River, and she told me a story about a bigfoot that that was active near her home out in the country and would come into people's gardens and steal vegetables. And later on in life, I had an opportunity to go back there in the holler, as they say, and actually see the area that she was talking about, and you know, her old home was there. Of course, it was abandoned, and this place was way way way back in the hills. And like I said, she had told me a story about a bigfoot that had come in there and would steal vegetables from their garden and also the neighbors. And once she told me that story, I was I was all in.
Speaker 5: Very cool.
Speaker 4: We actually had an encounter in southern Wisconsin and the lady said that they were coming down and stealing vegetables and then they would throw them from the top of the hill down at.
Speaker 5: Her while she was in the garden.
Speaker 4: So very very a lot of garden stealing going on, I guess.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. It was really fascinating. And when I finally got to go out to that area and see where it all happened, even as a kid, you know it was it was far more isolated back in the hills than I imagined. I thought it would just be like a town like you know, where I was from. But and I had never seen a place so isolated back in so far back as where they have little family cemeteries long since forgotten by time. You know, places a place like that, you know, wow.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 4: So she did she have any other like vocals or anything else that she had heard, or just the stealing of the vegetables.
Speaker 6: She did tell me that they would hear strange noises coming from the woods at night, but that's pretty much all I was able to get her to talk about was the story about the vegetables and the strange noises that would come in. And it wasn't hard to hard to envision once I got out there and got to see the area for myself.
Speaker 4: That's really cool that you got to actually go back and see it. A lot of times, you know, you hear these stories and growing up in that and you just have this, like like you said, in vision of you know, on the edge of town or something where you think that the story took place, and adding that extra element of being able to see the real location and going there adds so much more to these stories. And able to visualize the actual what happened and the behavior and stuff of these creatures, it helps to understand a lot of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that story I started, of course. You know, you go to the school library next and you start looking for every book you can find about Bigfoot, and there I think I found one in the school library, but it really wasn't anything of substance, but I started. You know, I'll go back to the first experience in the woods as a kid. I remember is being in the Cub Scouts and going to a place we called Camp Falling Rock. And out of Camp Falling Rock, I was at the opportunity to go on on trails through the woods and things, and and all the other kids were, you know, looking at the trees and you know, et cetera. But I was secretly looking for bigfoot tracks while we were out there.
Speaker 5: Now, you you grew up in Ohio, right, like all that was in Ohio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I am originally from a town called Newark, Ohio, and you know, Newark, Ohio will always be home, no matter how many years it's been. But I actually had to go to high school in the Detroit area, so I kind of went jumped back and forth and from Ohio to Michigan. In my explorations, I was gonna say, Ohio, you know, growing up there, you got so much bigfoot activity. I mean, like I would I would think it's like one of the top I think five states for bigfoot sightings. I'm not it actually is. And when I got older and I started diving into the academics of it, I was very surprised to find out that Ohio was right up there in the top for sightings. And that's when I discovered places like Salt Fork and and other areas. So I was I was surprised to discover that Ohio was so was so high up there on the.
Speaker 4: List when you were going up to Detroit and stuff like that, Were you obviously into these cryptids and stuff at that time? You know, there's a lot of like dog man stuff up in that area of Michigan. Were you interested in that as well? Or when did that kind of trickle in?
Speaker 6: Not so much where I was in Michigan because I was in city, you know, and so there wasn't a lot I could do there. And at the time I had never heard of dog man and but I found out later that Michigan is a big state for for dog man sightings. And I wasn't really sold on the on the dog man phenomenon until going out in the research area down in Arkansas with my partners down there, William Lunsford and Steven Hill, and they had found tracks and they had our game cameras down there. Let me jump into Arkansas. So the research area down there is called Ground zero. That's that's what we call it. And I also called this place the Amazon of America because the woods are so thick that you could literally step in their five feet and vanish. So it doesn't take long to realize that, you know, there could be anything in those woods. Now, I wasn't really sold on the dog Man phenomenon until I started going out more in Arkansas with my partners down there, and they had had captured images on game cameras and and found tracks and and actually had you know, first hand accounts, and they were really the ones that that sold me on that, hey, dog Man actually exists, you know, because I kind of just brushed it off. I'd heard about it, brushed it off in the past. But but that's really where the dog Man things started setting in with me, is seeing the evidence down there. And you know, William and I spoke at the Nebraska big Foot Conference this past April, and I was surprised that quite a few audience members had questions about dog Man. It seems to be popping up a lot more on the on the cryptid map as of late, and I was actually summer before last. Sometimes I put the logo of our podcast, I have an auto magnet, and sometimes I put it on the door when I'm out doing stuff. And I was sitting at a stoplight here in Anchorage and there was a truck next to me, and the people in the truck next to me yelled out, hey, have you ever heard about dog man sightings in Michigan? I guess they were from Michigan. And obviously where I have stoplight, we didn't get a chance to really interact a lot, but I said, actually yes, and they're like, have you ever seen one? I say, no, I have not seen one, but I have talked to people who have. So this dog man phenomena seems to be coming up a lot more as of weight. Have you noticed that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I try and bring more guests on because like it seems like the amount of bigfoot researchers is off the chart, Like if you throw your pin on Facebook, you can find those pretty easily. But there's there's not so many people that focus in on, you know, the dog man phenomenon. But even so, the dog man is you know, if there's one hundred bigfoot researchers, there's probably fifty of them that are into the dog man stuff. And then when you get to the other stuff like the lake monsters and other weirder stuff, and that it drops off very substantially off of that as well. But there's more and more people having dog man sightings coming forward, and I think it's, you know, like with Bigfoot being more and more acceptable to talk about, it seems like since that has fallen way down that now the dog man stuff is, well, if we can talk about Bigfoot, there's another thing that I you know, saw in the woods, and we're starting to get more and more of those sightings come forward.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, excellent point. Excellent point. And where you are in the Midwest, obviously you're just a hop, skip and a jump from Michigan, and they're also up near the up of Michigan there in Wisconsin. Are you hearing more stories from that particular area.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily from Michigan, but we you know, we have the Beast of Bray Road here in Wisconsin, down in Elcorn, and we get quite a few sightings around the horror Con Marsh area, which is kind of middle lower of the state and then down in the lower part of the state. But most of the stuff that we get for dog man is kind of like a little cross across the bottom of that area of the southern area, but a few up north, but not too much. It's all kind of central centralized in one area of our state for as far as where I'm getting reports and stuff from.
Speaker 6: But interesting, our game cameras in Arkansas have picked up things that we just can't expec lane but have canine like features to it. And we've sound We've found some pretty big canine like tracks there as well. And with with our game cameras down there, you know, we've got them on trees, yes, but we've got them hidden in brush piles. We've got them hidden all over the place. And cameras that are are cross you know, cross gritting. And you know, the the the bigfoot are creative and you have to be creative too, and actually the cryptids are creative. You have to be be creative too. So you know, we're very strategic in how we place our game cameras. And you know a lot of people who are not familiar with bigfoot research think that, you know, you're just putting the game cameras back on the tree and et cetera. No, no, no, you know, you've got to be creative about it. If you're gonna if you're gonna get anything.
Speaker 4: One of the best things that some researchers have come on to the show and talked about is putting game cameras buy a river's edge or even out like right in the middle of the river, because you have so much stuff going on there. You have the sound of the river could mask the sound of potentially you know what these creatures are hearing. With the game cameras, you have the smell of the river and the changing things like that that mask the smell of these things being human in the area, and you have everything needs water, so you have a massive amount of animals and creatures and stuff that are coming down to the water. So I think that the best place, you know, look at look at you know, past research, the Patterson Gimlin footage and a lot of the other footage that seems legitimate has been captured either right on a river or right by the river banks and stuff. So it makes a lot of sense that you're able to kind of sneak up and get a get a jump on these things using the rivers and streams and stuff that make a lot of noise and have movement as kind of a way to camouflage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, putting game cameras and hiding game cameras near water sources fantastic idea. You know, goes all the way back to the legend of Buggy Creek and that they follow the waterways, you know. So absolutely fantastic idea. And like I said, you got to be creative about it, got to be creative about it. Are actually my favorite game camera that we have is actually inside of a tree, you know. And if you we actually have a little video on TikTok of this where William is actually demonstrating how he changes out the SD card. But I think that's my favorite one, you know. But some of our cameras are, like like I said, in brush piles, you know. And one of the things about the Arkansas research is there are snakes and rattlesnakes, copper heads. Our area is just infested with snakes. And so I'm not too keen about reaching my hand in a brush pile, and so I leave that up to my partner. Experts who grew up there know how to deal with snakes, and they know how to how to manipulate that brush and get those cameras out of there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would not be too keen reaching into that pile either. Luckily, Wisconsin doesn't have any indigenous poisonous snakes, and there are some some that like kind of migrate through the state, but we don't have any of that here. So we're very lucky and fortunate to you know, put our hands in whatever we want almost But yeah, I've tried actually the uh kinda. We took a log and carved it out and put a trail camera in there, and I got a bird and some other stuff. I got a really weird hair pattern on one picture, like, and then the log was knocked over, so it could have been a bear or something. It looked like longer hair fur on whatever creature this was. But as far as like getting it to take a nice clear picture, it didn't. But anybody that watched, I think it was maybe last week's episode of Weekend before I had Michael James on and he was talking about these three sixty stealth cameras, and it just so happens that I had him on. I had it was a prerecorded episode, had him on, and like a day or two later, I went to Walmart and there was one on clearance, So I got this one for seventy five dollars. It's one hundred and fifty dollars camera. But anybody that didn't watch the episode it it has motion sensor all the way around and the camera will spin and take a three sixty photo whenever something is triggered. So it's it's a really cool camera. It goes on like a stake instead of like a mounted to a tree. But and it's got like Wi Fi and stuff so that you can send it to your phone in that as well.
Speaker 5: But I don't know. I haven't tried it yet obviously.
Speaker 6: But nice, Nice, You're definitely definitely gonna have to give me some feedback on that on that camera there, and let me know how it is. If you end up recommending it, I'll grab myself a couple. But the cameras that I've had up here in Alaska have have disappeared. They've either been stolen or ripped off off the trees by animals or or who knows, even a bear, you know, because obviously we have a rather large bear issue up here. So but yeah, let let me know how those those that camera works out. I'd love to hear the feedback.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Like I said, I'm going to try and deploy this one in the middle of a stream or river. And we were talking before the show. I have a new area that I'm trying to research this year, and I think that that's where I'm going to try and deploy this thing as soon as I find a good spot for it to go and put it out.
Speaker 5: But I think that's what I'm gonna try to do with it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, excellent idea. Excellent idea.
Speaker 5: So we talked a.
Speaker 4: Little bit about Arkansas, and I will come back to your your pictures, but I want to know, like, do you do you get to go out in Alaska and stuff? Have you had any sightings or you know, good good evidence and stuff up there where you go?
Speaker 6: No sightings here in Alaska as far as real time. I've found signs that they've been in the area. You know a lot of tree breaks, and you know, obviously tree breaks are one of those big controversial topics in the bigfoot research community, and specifically what we look for up here and actually in our Arkansas area too, are what we call standalone breaks, and these are breaks that don't have anything else around them that's collapsed. You know, as as Bigfoot researchers you always have to be your first skeptic, and you've always got to rule out We have kind of a list we go through. You always got to rule out the natural phenomenon, you know, when it comes to tree breaks, you know, was it wind, is it weather? Is it the weight of snow the previous season, or if you're out researching in wintertime, is it recent snow that may have collapsed something. So the type of tree breaks that we really focus in on are what we call the standalone breaks. And so I've found a lot of standalone breaks and also other other tree structures that that you know, some researchers will will say they are nests or some will will call them century posts, you know, where they hide to be on the lookout for the UH clan or family. So I found a lot of that and uh the tracks that I've found up here. Again, you you've got to be your first skeptic, right and here in Alaska, obviously we have large predators, mainly bear. And I always say that in places that have large predators, the large predator tracks can often be misidentified as bigfoot tracks because if you get a grizzly that steps someplace twice and it just enlarges that area, you know, it can start to resemble a sasquatch track. So you really got to be careful in how you examine, and you know, make sure you have your tools with you, like your tape measure and things like that. But so finding the tracks up here, except in the wintertime. The wintertime is much easier, but during the summer, when bears are so active, you know, you really got to be careful with the tracks and make sure you're not misidentifying them.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: We were doing we were on this private property doing an investigation in Upper Michigan, and I was hiking around this area and we just got back to base camp and maybe a couple hundred feet out of base camp is this mud puddle and it's dried water, so it was just nice mud and there was a really nice bigfoot track in the middle of it. And I'm like, oh my gosh, like this thing had to just come through here. And I went back to camp and I got my mom and brought her back out there and started looking at it, and then we realized it was a double step of a bear. But when you first looked at it, it looked very much like a bigfoot track, and it went from it went from excitement of oh my gosh, a bigfoot track to oh, there's a bear right here. The excitement turned to something else.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, me and my fellow podcast host Matt Slater, who is based out of Quincy, Washington, when he was up here years ago, him and I had a really bad bear encounter while we were out, and because of that incident, you know, I'm very very careful, a lot more careful now as to where and when I go out to do research.
Speaker 4: Interesting, yeah, we knew. We had trail cameras all over the property and stuff, and you would see pictures of we're there for about four or five years working this property, and you would see bears on trail cameras within like ten minutes of when we were there, and yet only once ever on that property would we ever see a bear in all that time. It's just crazy to know that they're there. And that just shows, you know, like you know, when we talk about like why haven't we found a bigfoot or anything, Well, if we know and we are getting pictures of bears on a property within ten minutes of us being in a location and not seeing hearing anything of that bear being there, imagine what these other things, you know, like it's insane, Like it's so easy for these things to hide, and you know, know their environment that they you can hide from anything out there.
Speaker 6: So yeah, another thing we run into up here is moose. And with the bears and the moose, they're so big and so massive, you would think that they would stand out, that you could see them on my way. But sometimes I've literally walked right up on moose and not realized they were there. These these creatures are massive, but they blend into the woods so easily. It would just shock you. Now, when Matt and I had our bear encounter, you know, get we get a lot of questions about that. What happened? What happened? Well, here's what happened. So Matt and I were going out one day and there's a there are several glaciers that are located not far away from Anchorage, and probably the main one is called Portage Glacier. That's the big tourist one that everybody goes to. But there are also some smaller secondary glaciers and there's some trails that go out out there. So so Matt and I on this particular day, had decided to go out to one of the secondary glaciers, and you know, it's a well hiked trails, it's not very long to get back there. A lot of people go out there, a lot of families. But you know, Matt and I knew that there are there are bears out there. This is this is bear central, you know. So him and I actually, you know, like we usually do, took our firearms with us, and so we're headed down that trail and there are you know, the the yuppies and stuff are passing us, you know, scowling at us, how dare you bring guns with you? You know, that type of look. You know, We're like, yeah, whatever, we live here, we know what's going on, you know. And so we're headed out on this trail and and I look down on the trail and I see some candy on the trail that someone's presumably someone's child had dropped. And as soon as I saw that candy, I knew. I knew immediately that bears would be close, as you know, they can you know, smell food about a billion miles away. So we go out to the glacier. There's a lot of people out there because it kind of opens up into this massive area, massive clearing, and went out to the glacier. Lots of people out there, and so we're on our we stay out there a little bit. On our way back, and off to our left, I thought I heard movement, and so we stopped and we both face left and we saw the brush kind of moving back and forth, and we just watched and watched, and we didn't see anything. We could see the brush moving, but we saw nothing. And then we saw some birds back there, and we thought, oh, it must have been birds, right, and so we turn. He's in front of me, and we, you know, turn again, and we took about two steps, and all I can describe it is at an audible is like an audible voice said turn around. And when I turned around, about fifteen feet away was what I estimate to be a around a two hundred and fifty pound black bear. And this black bear is at a dead stare with us, and it is just frozen at a dead stare. And you know, I literally took the barrel of my gun and leaned over and had it pointing at its head, you know, point blank range, almost, and we were doing everything they tell you to do, you know, they tell you to scream, they tell you to yell, they tell you make yourself look bigger. We were doing all of that and nothing was working. And for people who who don't, you know, think that black bears are just these cuddly creatures, you know, that will run from you all the time, that's not always the case. So this bear wasn't moving, and we weren't moving. So we're at a stalemate, and I'm thinking, you know, gosh, and it's happening so quickly, and you know, I had my gun pointed at its head, and Matt had his gun out and pointed, and we're trying to decide, you know, do we fire some warning shots or where I had already made the decision that if that bear even inches forward, that he's going to heaven. You know, I don't know when or where I'm going to die, but it is not going to be in the jaws of a bear. So anyway, we're at a stalemate. And one of the things that they say up here about black bears and brown bears, if a black bear will stalk you, So we're starting to wonder maybe that bear will stalking us the whole time. A black bear will stalk you and if a black bear attacks you, they will eat you, you know. So they say, if it's black, fight back. If it's brown, get on the grind. If it's a brown bear, if you play dead and you cover up, you might survive. But if it's a black bear, you got to fight for your wife. So we are in a stalemate, and we finally decided we're going to start backing up, you know a little bit, which in hindsight probably wasn't a good idea because we actually had to go kind of around a little curve, you know, and we kind of lost sight of it for a second, and it could have ran through the brush and cashed one of us in at that moment. But we're at a stalemate. Somebody's got to move, so we decided it would be us, and so we backed up. We literally backed up all the way back to the trail head and we get up back to the beginning of the trail and I'll never forget this woman and her boyfriend and their dog, unleashed of course, come walking up and we said, hey, there's a bear down there, and we wouldn't recommend going down there. And they were like, oh, what kind is it? And I was like, what difference does it make there's a bear down there?
Speaker 5: You know, teddy us, we'll find out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, couldn't you see us backing our way down the trail out the trail head? But anyway, you know, so they go, you know, just you know, jaunting on down there, you know. And and and about five minutes later they come back, you know, so I say, oh, they must have seen that bear. But so you know, I wasn't scared in the moment, because you got the adrenaline going, you know, and I was ready to. I was like, I will kill this bear in a second, and I'll sort it out with the state police later, you know. And I'm not a person who curses. I'm not a person who swears. But when that adrenaline wore off, I don't know what came out of my mouth, but but I'm told it was quite colorful language as I was kicking the tire of the truck. But well, when that adrenaline came off, I could feel it. Then. So ever, since that experience that I don't want to relive that experience. So Ever, since that happened, I have a extremely careful up here in Alaska as to where and when I go and you know, so far, and I've only had another bear bear crossing encounter one other time and after that, and that was actually recently. This was actually within the last six months. And and I was out just to film a quick promo segment for our podcast, and I was down this trail and I look over and it was it was really windy that day, so I'm guessing whatever it was didn't catch my scent. And I and I look over and I see this black figure. And I'm gonna say it's a bear, because I you know, it happened so fast that I was more concerned about getting out of there than anything. Thinking it was a bear, I'm gonna say it was a bear. But it was standing up. It was all black, it was standing up, it was had it was reaching its arms up into the crook of a tree, and it had like around its abdomen. It had gray streaks. So it's it's on its hind legs reaching up into a tree. And I just as soon as I saw it, and I realized it had fur, hair or whatever, and it hadn't seen me. But I started backing up out of there. And as soon as they say don't run right. Well, as soon as I got out of eyesight of it, I ran. I was like, not today, not today, Satan. So I was just I ran all the way back to my truck. And you know, I'm not in the greatest athletic shape like I used to be, so by the time I got back to the truck, I was I was sucking air pretty bad. So but yeah, that and that happened not long ago. But but yeah, so that's that's the bare story. But up here, you know, you always got to be cognizant of of the wildlife, and specifically the bears and the moose, because a moose will kill you too. You know, a moose will will stomp you. And you know, years and years ago, there's a there's a video out there of a of a gentleman that's going into the University of Alaska, Anchorage and apparently he didn't want to want to go to another door. He had to go through this door and there's a big moose standing there with a calf, and he got between the calf and the and the mother and ended up getting stomped to death. He was actually killed. And so you got to be really careful of that wildlife up here. There are two things that will kill you quickly in Alaska. One is weather and the other is wildlife.
Speaker 4: Absolutely that goes anywhere, I mean any any willed woods or wilderness or anything. You know, being prepared and having a plan of attack, you know, a cell phone, GPS track or anything, especially if you're going out alone. A lot of researchers go out alone because they don't have anyone else to go with them, or they don't want to go with anybody else. They think that you know, more interactions are going to happen, and you're going to get interactions, but they might not be the animal that you're out.
Speaker 5: There looking for. So always good to be prepared when you go out in the wilderness.
Speaker 6: Now in Arkansas and our research area down there, we have other things to contend with. Obviously the snakes that I mentioned before, rattlesnakes and copperheads, and every time I've been down there and out with William and Steve and we've encountered poisonous snakes. Finally, you know, William drove me to the Bass Pro Shop in Shreveport, Louisiana, so I could get some snake boots, so you know, at least, you know. And then there's there's the the unseen threat, which are the ticks. There's a lot of ticks out there. I know, you being in the Midwest, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And so after we're out in the field down there in Arkansas, you have to go through the tick ritual, you know, and make sure that you don't have them on your skin, on your clothes, because ticks are you know, are are can be just as deadly with lime disease and various other diseases. So you got to be really careful about the tips. But the big one, the big one down there in Arkansas are the wild hogs. Oh and some farmers, actually, William told me, Stephen told me, some farmers told me down there that the wild hogs are angry one hundred percent of the time. And when I first went down there to do research with him, I didn't know that there were wild hogs there. And on one of the various trips, we were out in the woods and I had wandered away from William, who had had the gun. Obviously we always have guns out there for the snakes and stuff. I had kind of wandered away from him and I was on the phone with another researcher named Robin Haynes from Paranormal Dash Empowerment dot Com. I was on the phone with her when all of a sudden, there were wild hogs coming in the brush. And I did not know. I actually said, I got a hold on you know, I shoved the phone my pocket, and I did not know I could climb a tree that fast. But I had, you know, you know, fear has a way of inspiring you, and I had I fire poled. I fire poled up the tree. There was nothing for me to grat onto, so I had to fire pole up there until I could get onto another branch. But that was probably the most terrifying moment.
Speaker 4: I I don't know what I'd do with a wild pig. We don't have any of that up here. We got we got cougars, wolves, coyotes, and black bears and that's about it. And I mean that's about it. That's enough, you know. But we went into one area where we've had a lot of bigfoot stuff and there's nice mud on the ground and the roadway there, and we're walking along looking and all of a sudden we're like, that's that's a you know, a weird dog track. It's pretty big, you know, and it doesn't have claws, and we're like.
Speaker 5: That's a kitty.
Speaker 4: That is a big kitty, and then next to it are little bitty kitty prince and we're like, that's a mother with some babies. And we're not gonna hang around here anymore. So that's uh, that was the one and only time that I think we've you know, been close to cougar's and uh not not not something you want to mess with. So we we left that area quite quick.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I was I was talking to some hunters from the Midwest recently, specifically Michigan, and there they were telling me, you know, there's been some mountain lion sightings and uh also panther sightings. You know that that uh not every state official will admit to. But yeah, I actually talked to some hunters from the Midwest and we were discussing that.
Speaker 4: There was recently a jaguar photographed.
Speaker 5: Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Maybe I know it was one of the southern states, but it was well up into the US and but it was clear as day. A jaguar from from South America is photographed up here running around, so they're they're around.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, jaguars. No thanks, no thanks. I was down in Brazil. And when I was down there in the jungle in Brazil, I I that's all I could think about, was there. And you'll never see them when they come, obviously. And I know this sounds kind of kind of silly when it comes to, you know, the United States, but when it comes to if you're in mountain lion territory or or jaguar territory, you know, do what a lot of the people do in the tiger areas in India, and that is they put they take a mask and they put it on the back of their head to make it appear that there's a face, you know, and that that's the front because as you know, these ambush predators will come grab from behind, so they try to throw them off by putting a mess. And I have no shame about doing that in Mountain Lion territory here in the United States, let me tell you no shame.
Speaker 5: That's that is excellent advice and very true as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really that's a good idea. We are live here in studio. I see a lot of comments here. Djo Thomas is in the comments section. Flat Rockland is in the comments who will Here's a reminder. You are scheduled to be on the show next week, so don't forget that. And if you want to hear flat Rockland, he will be on next week. If you guys have any questions or comments for Daniel about Arkansas or Anchorage, Alaska, or bigfoot or dog man or anything like that, throw him in the comments section and we will get to them before we wrap things up on the show today. I want to go back to a couple things about the bears and stuff up in Alaska here. So first of all, I want to ask you this. Putting yourself back in that position with the big black bear on the hiking trail, when this thing is rustling in the bushes and you're kind of waiting and watching for something to come out, you turn, you walk away, something tells you to turn around. You turn around. What if that was a you know, eight foot tall big foot standing there. Put yourself back in that position, and knowing how you reacted with the bear and how that felt and everything, what do you think would have happened if that would have been a bigfoot that crawled out of the bushes.
Speaker 5: Well, it.
Speaker 6: Would have depended on where I was in this case, Alaska. So the bigfoot in Alaska have a reputation for being far more on the aggressive side. And there's a couple theories about that, but the main theory is that the reason they're seen as a lot more aggressive is because of their lack of contact with the human population. Obviously up here we have a lot of area but small human population. If it had happened up here, if I would come face to face with a bigfoot up here, I would immediately be a little bit more on the cautious side, you know, just given the reputation that bigfoot have in this state. But you know a lot of people say, you know, they would run, you know, but as a bigfoot researcher, this is this is what I've been looking for. This is what I've been waiting for. So I don't see myself running, you know, if it is displaying aggressiveness and I felt my life was in danger whole other ballgame, you know, if I would probably have shot it. You know, if you know, if one of us is going, it's not going to be me, you know. So but as a bigfoot researcher, that's the goal is to see that bigfoot. So I'm not going to run unless I have to run.
Speaker 5: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: It's always interesting because we get asked all the time what would you do if you saw one? And so here's like I said, here's a situation where you were face to face with this bear, two hundred and fifty pounds bear standing right in front of you. Now, if that was you know, the tables are flipped. You know, you kind of have a really good idea of what that would feel like, whatever it was, you know. So it's puts you in a unique position to be able to answer that question a little more realistically than a lot of people that just have the hypothetical of, you know, not having that bear encounter or that experience.
Speaker 6: So that's interesting, Yeah, it has you know, they say experience is the best teacher, but it costs the most. And that experience with that bear taught me a lot in just those few short minutes, you know, And as I said, as a result, I'm very very careful about where and when I go, what time of day it is, you know, because bears are more active in the mornings and in the evenings, So I try to you know, get my research time in in midday. You know, it doesn't eliminate the you know, all of the risk, but at least it decreases it a little bit because you know that that moment was probably some of the scariest in my life.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I see I have made a full power over in the comments. There's two flat rocks and I did not realize that. So yeah, I got.
Speaker 5: You mixed up.
Speaker 4: I don't there you go. So yes, flat rock will be on one of you. Whoever wants to come, there you go, both of you.
Speaker 6: So we have another saying up here in Alaska when it comes to bears, we say don't get tread weld. And don't get tread weld is a reference to that guy who years ago went out to I think it was Kodiak, and he interacted with the bears every season. He humanized them to the point of ridiculousness where they had names, and you know, he was out there thinking he was protecting the bears, et cetera, et cetera, and and unfortunately he ended up getting getting killed as well, and even worse, his girlfriend, who didn't even want to be there, she ended up getting killed as well. And when the Alaska State Police went out there the bears actually you know, went at them, you know, so they had to kill kill a few. But but it was a horrible tragedy that took place so needless because this guy, tread Well had humanized these bears to a ridiculous level. And but we do say that up here occasionally, don't get tread weld. You know, somebody's going out hiking, Hey, don't get tread weld. You know, so that's where that reference comes from.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Yeah, you hear that a lot in the Bigfoot research and stuff as well. You know, people not domesticating these creatures, but you know, like they give them names, they go out there, they do the gifting, they have these personal interactions with them. And that's the same thing as you know, like what you're talking about any any animal, any you know, even people. You know, it just takes one bad day and somebody snaps on you, you know, but any any animal out in the wild, you can domesticated all you want. And you know, even you know, farmers their their livestock. Pigs have been known to eat people that fall in the pen, the person that feeds them, you know, so you can never get too comfortable around these things or you know, lower your guard no matter what animal.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: Absolutely absolutely and you know, I've actually had tourists ask me, and I'm not kidding, this actually happens. Is it okay to pet the moose?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Because here in Anchorage, the moose will just walk down the street like you know, down in Lower forty eight where I've been, like in Ohio and some deer. The deer down there kind of skittch, they'll run away from you a lot of times. But the moose will just walk down the middle of the street like own the joint, you know. And so tourists see this and they think that that is an indicator that these animals are in some way or shape or form tame. So they've actually asked me, he said, okay to pet the moose. I'm like, no, you know, And we have some moose collisions obviously here moose vehicle collisions, and a lot of times, I say a lot of times, several times the drivers have been killed because these moose weigh over one thousand pounds and when they get hit, they fall in on the windshield. So that's one thousand pounds coming at you at a at a pretty high rate of speed, you know, so the collisions are often deadly for the driver and the moose. And unfortunately, and this this is a story that was told to me by the Anchorage police that they've had moose collisions in town where the moose will be on the on the street, you know, still and these people that that are that are, oh, it's the moose. It's a it's a precious animal, will try to run over there and interfere and try to uh, you know, you know, comfort the moose and it's dying minutes and etcetera. Where they actually had to threaten people with arrest, you know, because people humanize these animals so much they want to come over there and provide comfort to it after it's been in a collision.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: So it can get a little crazy up here.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's the isolation kicking in up there. People going nuts.
Speaker 5: Right. Oh oh man, let's see.
Speaker 4: Oh I recently saw online a video you talk about the moose walking down the streets. There was a clip released of hippos in Africa and picture you know, your your typical downtown city buildings, traffic lights, everything, and there was these two or three hippos I can't remember just walking down the road and people are videotaping them and stuff and just walking right down. It's like, hippos are the most deadliest animal right now, and you know they are just watering through the city. That was a very cool video, but not something that you know, moose are one thing I get, but hippos or another.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that's another beast that terrifies me. I had an opportunity to go to Africa once and I declined because I'm not ready for Africa, you know, and hippos and the two main reasons I didn't want to or for actually three main reasons I didn't want to go to Africa hippos, lions, and the black mamba.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, every.
Speaker 6: Kind of poisonous snake in the world, you know. So I was like, I think I'll pass on that invitation. So I didn't end up going.
Speaker 4: So you don't plan on going to Australia anytime soon either.
Speaker 6: I did go to Australia once, and every time I stepped on grass, I was like, you know, every time I stepped in any type of vegetation, I'm like, is there a Sydney Sydney funnel web? Spider in here? Is there a red belly black snake in here? You know? I was and even going to the beach. You know, I didn't even want to stick my toe in the water, you know, because I you know, you get these visions of a great white shark just you know, be lining it over to you, or and these man o war jellyfish and these little tiny jellyfish that can that can put you out, you know. So I didn't want to stick my toe in the water. I know that's being overly paranoid, but I thought about those things, you.
Speaker 5: Know, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: All right, it doesn't look like we have any questions so far over here, Like I said, we are live. So if you guys have any questions specifically for our guests, throw them in there. Maybe put them in all caps so that we can see them. I want to go back to the bears again here. So you mentioned like seeing these the tree breaks and the stick breaks and stuff like that. And so in reference to what people are calling these nests or blinds or stuff that bigfoot make, what have you seen being so surrounded by bears and stuff up there? Do you find bear nests? Do you find bear blinds or anything? Like that, because we know that they make their own versions of nests and stuff where they sleep. What are you seeing there and how does that compare or do you not find any of that either?
Speaker 6: With the bears, what I find is signs of the of them rooting around, you know, kind of the claw the claw marks, scratching and things like that and so and that's another thing that I look for with the with the tree breaks. You know, if if a bear has been has been around that area, I'm looking for the claw marks and you know, indicators that would point to bear activity. You know, I'm looking around on the ground and and stuff. And sometimes especially with the moose. You know, the moose are so massive. If if there's been a moose laying there, when they get up and leave, that the whole ground is flattened. You know, the whole ground is flattened there. And I know you guys in the Midwest see it with the with the deer that have bedded down. So when it comes to bears, I'm looking for claw marks. I'm looking for scratch marks on the tree or around the tree someplace. And uh and I haven't you know, with so many bears in the state of Alaska. You would think that you would come across maybe a dead bear every now and then, or you see one by the river, or come across some bones, you know, But I have never in all the times I've been in the in the woods here and on the trails, I have never seen a bear bone or a dead bear or anything like that. You know, people outside the Bigfoot community are saying, well, why didn't you find any bones? You know, why don't you find this? Well, you know what, you can't even find bears, I mean finding one of those is rare too, you know. So yeah, But when it comes to bears and the tree breaks and the nests and things like that, you know, I look for the signs that they've been in the area, and the main one is that is the claw marks of them scratching around on the in the ground and on the trees. And if I if I see that sign, I pretty much generally dismiss it as as being encrypted related. But it's those tree breaks that again, the standalone breaks that you find, and the tree manipulations that the arches, you know, the tree manipulations, those standalone breaks. If I don't see any signs of bear activity and based on my criteria where it is, you know, could it be weather related, could there be human traffic through here? You know, if none of it, none of it, excuse me, indicates any of that, then I generally can say more likely than not, this was caused by a cryptid. You know, But you got to be really careful, and like I said, you got to be your first skeptic. All good researchers are their first skeptic. So, and the treatment manipulations are a little bit easier because the tree manipulations you often find the weaving going on multiple branches, weaving archways that could not have been caused by natural phenomenon. So those are a little bit easier, I think, absolutely.
Speaker 4: But you don't you don't find, yeah, you don't find like any kind of bear nests or not nests. But you know, like I said, where they're laying or anything like that, nothing that shows similarities to to these other things.
Speaker 6: Like the most of most of the time I'm finding what I believe are are moose and it could have been caused by bears to the where the ground has been flattened. And again it all depends on the area. But the bears that I've seen like, I've never seen a bear just laying down. Like all the bears I've ever seen in Alaska have been on the move, you know, be it near the rivers where the salminar, be it going across the landscape. Sometimes you can look up on the mountains. You can actually look up on the mountains and see them going across you know, the mountain vegetation, you know. But I've never seen a bear laying down anywhere. Obviously, obviously they do, but but I've just never seen it. And the land indentations, the vegetation indentations that I come across, or mostly I would say caused by moose, you know. And another thing bears have, and a lot of people will tell you this is they stink. You know, they smell bad and so especially in the summer. So if there's a bear around, you know, you might you might catch a whiff of them. But they're like silent stalkers. I mean, they're so big, so massive, but you may not even realize that they're only twenty five feet away from you in the brush. And I'd say that when I'm out doing research, the scariest moments I have are going through brush where it's so tall that I can't see, you know. And I've heard a lot of stories about people going through there and all of a sudden one will stand up, you know, and it's hind legs and sniff the air, and but you never know what could be waiting around that next bend.
Speaker 4: When you you talk about the smell of the bears, is that kind of similar to what people are describing with like the ransom meat garbage kind of smell or is that something different? What do you what a bears smell like when you encounter them.
Speaker 6: Well, I've only smelled it really once, and but but the stories that other people tell me, hunters and hikers, other hikers, I've only smelled it once. And when I smelled it, it was like like a mixture of of old dog and and and poop, you know. It was, and it's musky, musky, old dog and poop, you know, and and it was it was pretty rancid. But but you know a lot of people describe when they have a big foot encounter or the near one, this horrible, horrible stench that bigfoot emit, you know it. It definitely wasn't that level, but it was bad fair enough.
Speaker 4: That's what I was wondering, like it could be like a misidentification of bears or something there. But that property in Upper Michigan where I was talking about earlier, my mom would have catch whiffs of I can't remember what they're called, but it's a sweet cigar. And she would smell this cigar kind of sweet smell around the bears. So it wasn't necessarily a bad smell. But every time you'd you'd run into an area where something had been or you could see evidence and stuff, she would get this this smell of that, And I did. I noticed it like once or twice, but she would she would point it out quite a bit up there. But yeah, thank you Lee swiss or sweets.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: The cigars that her brothers and stuff her father used to smoke and stuff, and so she'd she knew the smell of that.
Speaker 6: But interesting they had they had this play called things called the Alaska Wildlife Park. It's outside of Anchorage always and they have some bears there and and that are in captivity. And those bears will walk up, you know, near the fence line, you know, not I mean just a few feet away from you. And and I've smelled it from them not as bad. But I smelled, you know, just slight sense from those bears, But it wasn't as bad as the one I smelled actually in the field. But yeah, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Well, on that note, did you notice any smell when you encountered the two hundred and fifty pounds one right face to face?
Speaker 6: I didn't. I didn't smell anything. I it was so it's such a bizarre moment because we were literally at a dead stare with each other. I mean, its eyes were right on mine, and the thing I remember most about its face was the brown, the light brown outline of its uh of its around its eyes and stuff. That's what I remember most about it. But I didn't smell anything. Surprisingly, if I smelled something, it probably would have been coming from me. No.
Speaker 4: I keep going back to that because, like I said, it's such a unique encounter that you can compare it one hundred percent to a Bigfoot sighting and use it to to, you know, take that note of well, what did you experience? Did you smell anything in the you know, did you have these you know, all these questions that we asked the witnesses of Bigfoot, You can ask yourself and go, well, you're you're in this flight or flight fight or flight moment of you know, I'm fighting for my life here, whether you're fighting or not, you know, and you have to take that into consideration of what was going through your mind. And you know, maybe it did smell and you just totally wasn't anything you were interested in thinking about and just blocked it out.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's a really cool perception to be able to have, you know, as scary as it probably was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of people ask me, well, did you have bear spray? And uh, you know, they could get the you know, the pepper spray basically is for those who were not familiar with a big, huge cans of pepper spray, And uh, I actually didn't have any that day. I don't carry it very often. One time I had it sitting in the front passenger seat in my vehicle and I had to stop abruptly and it rolled off the passenger seat and hit the floor and when it hit the floor, it went off inside the car, you know, And uh, I haven't forgotten that moment, and uh it was pretty bad, but but I prefer you know, uh, you know what like Han Solo says, you know, in Star Wars, nothing beats a good blaster at your side. You know, I prefer that route more than the bear spy myself. I had. I had alternated also, sorry to interrupt, I had alternated specifically for this reason. I had alternated the shells in the gun. Like I had shot slug shot slug shot sug. I had alternated the shells specifically for a bear encounter.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't get into the stories now take up too much time, but I can tell you three stories where bear spray did not go well for the people and no bear around, just in general of having a can of bear spray with them. And I cannot tell you any stories that I've heard where somebody said I was in the woods used bear spray and it saved my life. So I guess it's a it's a toss up of being prepared and having accidents.
Speaker 5: So I've heard more accidents. Good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got a good whiff of it in the car, and yeah it was it was pretty bad, pretty bad, absolutely, all right?
Speaker 4: Man, Well, were we were at the end of the show here, I want to I don't want to take up your time. If you got something else going on. We do have the picture still, if you'd like to talk about that, I'd love to do that.
Speaker 5: Before we wrap up.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, go for it.
Speaker 4: Awesome, all right, So why don't we you want to show the picture, you introduce it first.
Speaker 6: I'll go ahead and introduce it first.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: So tell us you sent me this awesome picture here, and it's got some cool new stuff going on with it and exciting news, and so tell us tell us all about it.
Speaker 6: So the picture that you're about to see, you're gonna see two pictures, and one is from a distance and the other one is close up and well relatively close up. And this picture was taken in our research area in Arkansas that we call Ground Zero, myself, William Lunsford, and Stephen Hill, and we had been out in the field checking the game cameras and doing our research and we were actually on our way out and you know, you hear a lot of bigfoot researchers talk about that sensation of feeling like you're being watched, and on this particular day, that's what we were feeling. And we had already found some tracks in the area, excusing very large tracks in the area. So as we're coming out of the woodline. You know, we were like, you know what if something is watching us, it's watching us from the tree line, And so I immediately turned around and in rapid succession started taking grid shots of the tree line, just boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, all the way down in quick, rapid succession. And this is as we're still making our way up towards the old logging road that's in that area. So when we got up to the logging road, we started exact ammining the photographs and that's when in this particular photograph that you're going to see, we saw what appeared to be a face looking back at us. So this is the distance one and again this was one of many that was taken in rapid succession in our research area and ground zero. And the area of focus that we want to look at is between those two white branches that are down there.
Speaker 5: And is not it where am I oh down here? Yep?
Speaker 6: Down there? Yeah, Okay, between those two white branches there near the upper part of it. What you're going to see, or what we believe is there is the face of a sasquatch that's what I belie that we were looking at as it is watching us from the tree line. Now, good researchers, like we've said before, good researchers, you always have to be your first skeptic. So this is what we did. So when we saw that picture as we're up there on the logging road, we actually sent it to a professional photographer up in Anchorage, Alaska, from a company called ACE forty nine Photography. We sent that picture up there to have them examine it, and they did all their filters and all that stuff that we don't know how to do because I'm not much of a techie, and so they did their filters and they said, whatever is there is still there. So we had them look at it, and the next day I had to go back to Alaska. So the next day my partners William Lunsford and Stephen Hill actually had to go back out to the area and go back there and make sure that it wasn't a tree or there was make sure there was no structure back there, because you know, another thing about the Arkansas areas and and other areas that we go to is there are old abandoned structures back there in the woods, you know, because a lot of these areas were inhabited areas you know that that time has forgotten, you know, so it's not uncommon to be out in the middle of the woods there and come across some type of former structure, you know. So my partners had to actually go back, go back to the trees, go back there and make sure there was no big chain and there really aren't big trees in that area. Make sure that there was no big trees in the area, just to double check again, because you always have to be your first skeptic and always have to rule out all these different things. So yeah, that's that's the story of that picture. And it was a really good catching. Near that area, we found very large tracks, so you know, putting the puzzle pieces together obvious. So it's open to interpretation, you know. And one of the things that we say in bigfoot research is never speaking absolutes, because things that you might think are true today, you might uncover new evidence tomorrow that completely, you know, blows that one out of the water. So never speaking absolutes. But what we think we are looking at, in our opinion, is the actual face of a sasquatch that was watching us from the tree line, and this picture has garnered some attention as of late, and we knew this picture was good. We knew it was good as soon as we saw it. You know, we got something special here. So we actually had a copyrighted pretty quickly and eventually I don't know how it got noticed. I think it was on our TikTok channel, but the Discovery channel took an interest in it. And so one of their TV shows that's on Discovery and Disney Plus called Paranormal Caught on Camera has taken an interest in this, and we just completed some interviews with them recently and when they saw this picture, they wanted to see more. So they actually asked us for some more pictures from our area as well. And I will say this about them, this kind of sidebar, but I will say this about them. You know, when you're in this field, you're used to people making fun of you. You're used to people ridiculing you and giving you a little bit of heat, whether in jest or for real. But I have to say these, these people that we dealt with with this TV show were absolutely wonderful. They were absolutely very nice at every step of the way. And I just want to point that out that that they treated us very well. So this picture is sometimes called the gorilla picture, and that term actually came from one of my bosses at work who said, Daniel, what are you taking a picture of a gorilla pooping in the woods for? So that's that's where that term came from. So it's kind of stuck. But yeah, what we believe we're seeing is the actual face of a sasquatch. And a lot of people, you know, online have examined this photo and they've they've said they see other sasquatch around it, they see baby sasquatch, they see one on the shoulder, a baby on the shoulder, they see a hand, you know, reaching around. You know, a lot of people have examined this photo and said they've seen various things, which we always appreciate because, you know, it's always really good to have other people examine your photos and and be able to conduct their own analysis on it. But yeah, that's what we what we believe we're seeing, and we're very very fortunate to catch fortunate to catch this shot. Now, we've gotten lots of pictures from this from this research area. It's every time we go out there. We're pretty much guaranteed some type of activity, whether it's a track or whether it's our game cameras catching thing or here in vocalizations. That's actually that area is the first time I ever heard of bigfoot screen and it's just an area that's charged. I mean, you go in there, and I know that term is overused, but it's an area that is just charged. You can just feel it. There's something different about our research area ground zero. That's that's just amazing. And hopefully in twenty twenty six, I'm gonna be able to do some research on the actual area itself. I want to find out what the history of the land is because because there's just something special about it. But yeah, we were very fortunate enough to get that picture and very pleased that it's gotten some good attention as of late, and we love talking about it.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 4: Now, see you bring up a point that people saw other stuff. You know, this is the this is the second photo that you sent me where it's circled, and I wasn't sure where that actually was on this Like I said in the when I brought it up, I was looking at this where from farther away this looked like a face up here and that's what I had thought that you had circled. So I was like, oh, this thing is up in a tree. Well that's really interesting. But I now that you point out where it actually is, you absolutely can see what looks like, you know, you have the head, you have the conical dome here, face nose, and then leave and point it out there. Looks like there's a hand here as well, and you had mentioned that, and then possibly you got like the curve of the neck and shoulder here in the image.
Speaker 5: So that's really interesting.
Speaker 6: That's really Yeah, a lot of people have, like I said, a lot of people have taken taken a look at this picture and circled various things, and we actually appreciate that. We we welcome it. And you mentioned about the trees back there. So we have what we call the five t's of Bigfoot research, and one of them is trees. We have trees, tracked, trails, time, and technology. Those are our five t's of Bigfoot research. So the fact that you pointed out trees, you know, uh, just reminds me of our of our five te's. But but yeah, we're we're very fortunate enough, we feel to get that picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's cool. That's a very cool picture man.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you having it on the show and sharing it with us. It's really cool that we get to see it as well. And I have I have also heard from Cliff Berrickman you know, uh that you know, he's very particular about what shows he lends his appearance and stuff to in that and he has always spoke very highly as well of Paranormal Caught on camera. So I'm I'm glad that you actually had a positive experience with them as well.
Speaker 6: So it was very positive because I'll admit, because of heat that that we've taken in the past and ridicule, ridicule and people laughing at you and smirking at you and talking about you, and you know, I was ready, That's what I was ready for, you know, them to try to make me feel stupid or anything. But but they were very nice, very nice people, very good.
Speaker 5: Good to hear man.
Speaker 4: It's good that there's a lot of shows out there that actually, uh, you know, don't ridicule on stuff and take it for face value of what you think and and you know the actual what's going on there. So that's awesome. A lot of times they try and overplay everything. A lot of the paranormal shows are like, it's a demon, it's a demon, it's dark, and it's just overkill.
Speaker 6: That And another question I get about that picture is what what type of camera were you using? Unfortunately at the time, we didn't have like our you know, the high tech cameras that that is actually taken with a with a cell phone camera and so it was an iPhone that I was using.
Speaker 4: But that's really clear quality for a cell phone camera to be honest, to be able to you know, like to be able to zoom in like this, uh, for on on the show and stuff. Usually we get so pixelated in that when we zoom in, I was surprised that I was able to keep going on that one.
Speaker 5: So that's that's a really nice picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was an It was an iPhone Promax is what I was using. But you know, we and again that that area, you know, we have all kinds of cameras back there and hidden and stuff like that, and and uh and on a you know, also people have asked me about the cameras, you know, and they say, oh, have you guys ever experienced interference with your technologies and and the answer to that question is, yes, we have. As you'll hear from many bigfoot researchers, many cryptid researchers. We'll always talk about this phenomenon, and we actually developed a term for it. We call it CEI, cryptied Electronic interference. We just came up with our own term because it's getting a lot of questions like that. And I was very surprised that that picture that we took didn't have any blurs to it. We've had our drone die, we've we've had our cameras affected in that area at very very interesting peculiar times. But maybe we'll get a chance to talk about that someday. But but that CEI phenomenon, but we were very lucky to get this picture, and like you said, you know it came out really well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely flat Rock who will be on my show Monday, not the other flat rock. As what is the purpose for the copyright.
Speaker 6: Well, we wanted the picture protection protected because we knew it was it was different. We knew it was good and as you know, evidence by the interest taken by the Discovery Channel and that pretty much pretty much says it all right there. But we knew it was something special, so we wanted to protect our work.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: It's always good to you know, because like people, there's so much you know, AI and people stealing photos and reposting it and stuff and claiming it's there. So I one hundred percent understand the you know, this is my photo. I took it, you know, if there's anything behind it, I want credit for it.
Speaker 5: So very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you for the question. Valid question. And yeah, that's that's why we felt we needed to protect it, you know, because it was special. Do you always protect what's special?
Speaker 4: I don't blame you, all right, man, Well we are over our show today. I really appreciate you sticking around and hanging out. It's been a wonderful show. And I think the one thing that I want to take away from all this here is, you know, I've talked about this a lot on my show. When when my team goes out in the woods, we don't go looking for bigfoot, you know, we go looking for what's out there. It could be fairies, it could be dog man, could be paranormal UFOs. We've got a report of something in the area, we go out and you go with an open mind. And I think that today's show kind of enveloped that all in a new aspect as well, is talking about bears and moose and cougars and stuff. If you go out there with with bigfoot blinders on or dog man blinders or whatever it is that you're going out looking for, you're gonna miss something that could be life threatening to you on a very natural and you know, environmental level. So I think that's very important to put out in today's show. So you have a podcast, you have some research and stuff out there, tell us all about the podcast and where we can find it, and any events and stuff that you've got coming up as well.
Speaker 6: So the name of our podcast is the Cryptive Wilderness Research Podcast. It's on YouTube and Apple. We also have a TikTok channel, which is where we do, excuse me, a majority of our of our activity. So upcoming here in twenty twenty six, we I'll be headed back down to Arkansas to go out again with William Lunceford and Steven Hill. We're going to do a lot, a lot of filming while we're down there, hopefully get together with Keith Crabtree like we always do from the Legend of Boggie Creek and yeah, we're just gonna do a lot more filming on this one than we have done in previous times. And you know, we have drones in our research and we're going to do a lot more a lot more drone footage. And we actually, again with that CEI that I mentioned before, we've even experienced it with our drones over our research areas. But yeah, so also my partner William Lunsford has a new book out. Highly encourage you to to look that up online and excuse me here. So yeah, new research in twenty twenty six down in Arkansas, We're going to be going into Louisiana as well and Lincoln up with with our friends down there to who has some private property that has some really amazing bigfoot activity on that property. So I'm really looking forward to that. And uh yeah, it's gonna be a good upcoming year. And uh my partner Williams got some conferences lined up. I don't have any conferences lined up as of yet, but but it's a little bit more difficult for me to to get out of Alaska, especially fly out here during tourist season. But we have to encourage you to check out our our channel on TikTok as well. As uh as well as YouTube and and Apple podcasts.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: We just had I I was telling you this before the show. We just had author and filmmaker La Marzouli on the podcast and and that was always fun. We were talking about kind of a kind of a sidebar from the crypto stuff. We were talking about the mysterious mound builders, the mound builders who created those mounds there in the Midwest. So that was fun. So yeah, check us out.
Speaker 4: Sounds good man, Yeah, ironically are before at the beginning show I talked about the Washaa County Jail episode. The one that we just released before that was the Mounds Builder episode of Astalin State Park and Kahokia. So I was down there doing some paranormal research and stuff and the mounds and energy and stuff, so very very cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very very interesting. And my hometown is Newark, Ohio, where we have mounds there and the Great Serpent Mound is there as well as the octagons and all that, and so I grew up around these things. So getting La Marzouli on there to talk about it was a real honor.
Speaker 5: Very cool, very cool man.
Speaker 4: Well, we have in the show notes, we have the links to your YouTube channel and to the Facebook page as well. And after this wraps up here I will get the links to TikTok and William Lunsford's book for you as well in the show notes to promote.
Speaker 5: That as well.
Speaker 4: So look forward to If you're listening to this on any audio platform, it will be already there for you. If you're watching this on YouTube, it'll get updated. So awesome. Man, any final thoughts, anything you want to leave people with.
Speaker 6: Well, again, just if you're in this field, you know, always be your first skeptic. Always be your first skeptic. A couple rules that we live by is never speak in absolutes when it comes to cryptozoology, because if somebody tells you they know it all, they don't. Number two, never publicly criticize someone else's research or experience just because it happened hasn't happened to you doesn't invalidate it. And number three, everybody's theories are just as valid as someone else is. Wait, that doesn't make sense. Everybody's theories are valid. Everybody's theories are are valid, So always approach it with an open mind. Be willing to take things under consideration, even if you don't agree with it be open minded enough to at least consider it. So yeah, that's what I.
Speaker 4: Got, very well, said very well. Indeed, man, it's been a pleasure chatting with you. I look forward to having you on again. I think we missed out on talking about the energy and stuff and the EMF and stuff that we were kind of mumbling about. Oh right, right, well, and it's kind of interesting topic, so I'll have to have you back and chat more on that down the road.
Speaker 6: It is. Well, thank you so much for having me on, and really appreciate it and everything that goes on the Midwest. Being from the Midwest originally is close to my heart, so we appreciate researchers like you and your team out there exploring all the time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely stay safe, watch out for bears and snakes and other poisonous things when you go down down to Arkansas as well, so you'd be safe.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. Take care, take care man.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, that is our show for this week. Coming up on Christmas Day, we will be back here on the Untold Radio Network for the Paranormal Spectrum. My guest is my own team member Ellie Wisenzell, coming on to talk about how you can stay positive and keep yourself cleansed and safe over all these interactions at social gatherings and stuff and having to go to Walmart and all your runs and how you can protect yourself and your energy, and then coming up, flat Rock will be on my show coming up on Monday, and hopefully I get the right one, because I honestly, for the first time today realized.
Speaker 5: There was two of you. So there you go. I apologize for that, but.
Speaker 4: One of you will be on the show on Monday live here, and then next Thursday we have Angela's Abel coming on on New Year's as a recorded episode again and she will be talking about staying positive and bringing in positive energy for your new year on the Paranormal Spectrum. Until next time, guys, thanks for watching. Remember to like, subscribe, and share all things here on the Untold Radio Network. Go check out William LUNs Ford's new book.
Speaker 5: I will put that in the show notes.
Speaker 4: And check out Daniel's podcast and go like and subscribe and share all that in the show notes as well. Until next week, guys, I'll see on the edge
Speaker 3: Y