Speaker 1: Hey, without further ado, Welcome to the fifty five KC Morning Show. Peter Nevan or doctor Navarre. He received his PhD in economics from Harvard back before it was woke Professor Emeritith of Economics and Public Policy at the University of California, Irvine. He was an economic and trade advisor for the Trump Donald J. Trump administration during the twenty sixteen presidential campaign. Joined the White House staff on inauguration Day. He was the Director of Office and Trade and Manufacturing Policy, and he also was behind Donald Trump's tariff policies. And he also served time because he refused to cooperate with the January sixth Committee and hit the ground running. Day he got out of prison and there he was speaking at the Republican Convention and supported Donald Trump. Peter Navarro, author of the book We're talking about this morning, The New Magga Deal, The Unofficial Deplorables Guide to Donald Trump's twenty twenty four policy platform. Welcome to the show, sir. It's a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 2: Hey should be more pleased we are what now eighty two days out to an election that will either thank this nation or rise it back up and I'm out on the trail with this. It's book, the New Maga Deal.
Speaker 3: It's Newmagadeal dot com if anybody wants to check it out Amazon, Barnes and Noble. The importance of the book is simply that if you compare Donald Trump to Kamala Harris, he beats her on every single policy issue that's important to voters. And what I do in The New Magadal is like flesh that out. So if you look at economy and inflation, which people kind of bundle together, people out there in Polsterland say that they prefer Donald Trump by double digits. Same thing with the border, same thing with the who's going to handle crime better? Same thing with the military, same thing with our energy issue, same thing with the weaponization of the justice system, where I did, as you noted, wind up in prison for defending the constitution. And of course I still can't find anybody who supports the idea, this woke idea of cutting off the genital Sorry moran, the audience of young boys in the name of this crazy wokeness.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't call looking for an argument. You didn't write this book looking for an argument for me, sir. You're talking my language. But you make, I mean the point you make, and it is so obvious you're right. Poll after poll after poll on every single one of those critical issues that are talked about across the dinner table, among families of all ethnic and religious backgrounds and financial levels, everybody says the same thing. The borders broke, immigrations a problem, The economy is in the toilet, crime is terrible, the defund the policeman was dumb and stupid. All this Green New Deal stuff has costed me a ton of extra money and my energy bill. We got to put an end to this. But and yet out of nowhere comes Kamala Harris, who was known for cackling and words salads now being trying to reinvent it and by hiding in the basement, has not offered a single policy platform on her website. And today she's going to roll out in favor of what socialism, price fixing on groceries. Economist Peter Navarro, how does that work out in country? Has that worked out in countries who have tried price fixing?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the bigger point you're raising here is how can this be? And I think simply that nobody knows who Kamala Harris really is in terms of the independent and swing voters that matter. And that's our tour here, that's our tour. We have to basically use her own words to explain to people who she is and then explain how those words of hers translate into poverty and pain and danger internationally for the American people. Because now, look, you united, every single policy united, there's no debate. She's wrong on it, okay, but people need to understand. For example, when she calls for defracking Pennsylvania, right, defracking, I don't want to ban fracking, right, So what is to it reduces the supply of world oil. It raises oil prices, natural gas prices, and suddenly people in America are worse off. That's directly, you know, from her lips to the kitchen table and the car at the gas pump. People need to understand that. People just need to understand that. So that's my job here, that's my job going out with the new Magna Deal book and saying, hey, thirty seven chapters, one hundred actions in one hundred days, here's how we are going to get back to Trump's America. And we just have to make the contract you know, well, the other thing is like this guy Tim Waltz. First of all, my grandfather got killed by a drunk driver. So anybody gets a dui, they're not on my They're not on my Christmas cards. Okay, It's like I want to know whether the guy still drinks and whether she's going to put him behind me. Resolute desk math is the Kamala's that's the real problem for me. But the bigger problem, the far bigger problem, is comrade Waltz. I mean, look, we've seen his own words described Communist China as kind of this valhalla, this wonderful place. He never had a better time than when he went to Communist China, and he had no clue. If that's what the Communist Chinese do. They co opt American politicians at every level and the strategy they'll go in and they'll get it. They'll get a guy who's on a city council and they'll wait thirty years until he gets up to maybe be the vice president. That's how nation they are. And Tim Waltz is the Manchurian candidate. We got to pay that right back to Kamala as well.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. Peter Novara and yes we do. I guess I have to ask you because I before this the segment began, I was talking about the uneven playing field we have to play on economically, if I mean international corporations that're trying to find a place for manufacturing. We have rules, regulations. Oh sha, we have a union, minimum wage obligations. You could go on and on and on a why the cost of doing business and the manufacturer in the United States is so much more expensive than communists China, where you can get slave labor and have children do the work for you a fraction of the cost, no regulations, pollut all you want, and use cheap coal to get your energy. We could go on and on. How do we compete with that? And the point you make is, well, we can teariff Chinese goods because of this uneven playing field. But then the response for many is no, No, tariffs are no good. You know the libertarians out there quite often they're going to cost everything. They can make everything cost more. So what's your response when you hear that sort of retort to let's teariff Chinese goods.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, there was absolutely no argument or evidence for this inflation argument when we put tariffs Allberry and the Trump administration. It was just a non start. So just the facts say, the terrorist don't cause inflation. The second thing is, look, if they're going to steal our intellectual property, heavily subsidize their industries, run state owned enterprises in the worst kind of cheating ways, and manipulate their currency, what are we supposed to do? Libertarian says, Oh, yeah, go ahead and buy the chief goods. Libertarian perspective doesn't understand that, Like in five years, ten years, twenty years, going back when China joined the World Trade Organization, our manufacturing base is devastating, devastates. I mean you're right there at ground zero where you are, sir, I mean them holding the Midwest. That's why I loove JD. Vance as a VP. Pick I mean JD's job. He's got one job when Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin by preaching the secular gospel of domestic manufacturing. And he has street credit on that because he grew up in the community where the manufacturing left and they are living plummeted. Bad things ensued, So we just keep keep pushing on it. I mean people people understand, I think, particularly in these battleground states. People understand the importance of American manufacturing, and we just have to make make the argument that we're the tough on China folks. We're the ones that put tariffs on and the jobs you're going to keep going offshore.
Speaker 1: With Harris Well, I think you know, if we if we engage in some deregulation and reduce the overall cost of doing business in this country, we could become more competitive. But of course, the Democrats of the Party of micromanaging and regulating everything. It's it's plain and simple, it's what it's fascism. Sure, we still own the means of production, but the fascist elected officials tell us how and to run our businesses and what we can make and we can't make. So yeah, they love to call Republicans and Donald Trump fascist, but demonstrably and definitionally speaking, they're the fascists.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, I went to prison because those bastards put me in prison for defending the constitution. Who is the fascist? Come on, yeah, at the Republican has Committee, I said, I went to prison, so you won't have to just look at my case. Every person involved to put me in prison was a Democrat across the federal government. Congress controlled by the Democrats, the Department of Justice controlled by the Democrats, and the Democrat judge, and the Democrat ury. They can do that to me, sir, anybody listening to your show right now and go to prison. All they gotta have to do is do the right thing, and to the opposition it will be the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 1: Peter Navarro, wonderful having you other program. Thanks for writing the new Maggo Deal, which I suspect you wrote in large parts. Perhaps the hand over to Donald Trump used as a guideline he stays on that policy, then focus and that. My listeners will get a copy of the book as well. We've got it on my blog page. Fifty five krse dot comy make It's so easy for them to do that. Peter Devarra, thanks for the time you spoke my listeners today. Keep fighting the good fight, Keep fighting a good fight. Eight forty three fifty five kr Seed de Talk station. He's full of them and vigor, isn't he seventy five years young,