Speaker 1: By the way, I was driving into work today behind a black porch and the license plate said.
Speaker 2: Uh barking uh. And what did it say? It said, I liked this.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, go ahead with epic with I'll show you're gone bruin in be except for similar to be pursuing it told out shaw shank do the sewer, dude, Now what chilling at the eagle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it through your clock on the dock.
Speaker 1: Gotta have it for my house or go.
Speaker 2: That is how it started.
Speaker 3: Kidding Cratt, it shows that enough multiply like a rabbit, tune in, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm hang out with my friend Rocket on the radio, my own.
Speaker 2: Boy skinning and skin talking on the radio. It's time to do this falls again, all bababy, we go, Katie Christina. Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes. So that license plate said g LF wife, and I was like, oh my god, this lady is like proudly a guilf wife.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. I couldn't wait to get up, like to get a look at her. I was like speeding up to kind of see what it. Did you think it, golf wife? Did you think that it was like a lesbian guilf, Like she didn't have that fantasy that you were having about it.
Speaker 1: But I didn't think that, like she was saying, Hey, I'm I'm a wife. My wife is a guilf.
Speaker 5: Now he was having the holiday road scene from exactly all the Chevy Chase Smiths exactly. Probably Christy Brinkley driving at her current age still.
Speaker 2: Good, Yep, it would have been current.
Speaker 1: But we had a great show at the Chalk Talk Casino on Resort Durant on Friday. We're going to revisit some of the things from that that. That's me being scatterbrain. The frenetic pace of everything we have going on is not good for me. It's just like arrive do a show from just go Go, Go, go go, Like we're just so short on time. It's just it's all happening way too fast. It's happening way too fast and slow it down at our elevated age, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just there's just a lot going on. Ben in summertime. Yeah, there's a lot of high pressure recording happening, and I don't like it. I do.
Speaker 1: I did have a great weekend though, and I want to share a couple of things that happened. So my daughter, my daughter's fourteen, she's a basketball player. It's pretty serious about basketball. And she participated in a tournament. Okay, so it was a tournament put on by the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Yes, and man it was.
Speaker 1: I do want to say a few things that she usually plays at Frisco field House and she had a game. This is like you guys may have had great weekends where you went on great adventures, did a lot of fun things. Skin you mad an incredible Father's Day weekend for me. My daughter had a basketball game at nine on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Hell, she had games I think two and six on Saturday, and then roughly the same thing on Sunday. So you drove back and plays again tonight at nine, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Really, So you drove back from Choctaw, probably had enough time to take a leak and then put food in your mouth, and then you're off.
Speaker 2: To a gym. I mean, it's it's non stop. And she likes to she love and I love this about her.
Speaker 1: She loves basketball and so she likes to go to this thing called Shoot three sixty, which is really cool. I've talked to you about this it's a company that realized that like kids who like basketball nowadays don't have gyms they can go to like we had, or you can just go to a rec center and play basketball. They're not available. You have to rent the whole court. There's not just open run happening.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so there's nowhere for young kids to go play basketball unless it's outdoors, you know. And so shoot three sixty is this company that within this space they may have like ten different basketball goals and netting set up. So it's basically a free throw to three point shooting thing for a really small like portion of a court for someone to rent on their own and go shoot basket. And so she's in a routine that she likes to do that which I encourage. Is this close to the house. It's at Frisco Field House. So now we're an hour before every game we're there. Oh, so we got an hour before every game and every game so it's like an NBA game condition all these games off and go to the bar. There was there was so much basketball and so she's been playing. She plays for Nancy Lieberman's team Leberman Elite. The great Delvin Dickerson as the coach and they play, they're up and prosper. And so her team has been primarily a you know, like a wreck team, and now they're ready to say are we ready to play tournaments?
Speaker 2: Now that's a big change. Okay. So the first team she played was kind of kind of a regular wreck team, maybe a little bit better than a wreck team. They lost that game, but it was somewhat close.
Speaker 1: Second game they played a tournament team, So ringers, absolute ringers. God, I wish I could remember where they're from. But there, Clark, I think they won the four A state championship there. It's a small It's Decatur, Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh Decatur, Damn where that is? Eighty seven?
Speaker 1: You know it is a burgeoning suburb of the metropolitan They're near Gainesville. Bro Ye, I'll call it Decator. Okay, you do know where it is. It's on the way too, like if you're going to Oklahoma City.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's that way I go through there where I'm going to Olney, Okay, Denton, Decatur, Jacksborough isn't Decatur where they got that babes over there off of thirty.
Speaker 2: Five on the way Oklahoma. So we So I'm watching these girls warm up and I'm like, uh, oh, yeah, this is gonna be bad. I can just tell, like this is going to be bad for us.
Speaker 1: And they came out and they had this little girl on the team who just looked like a cheerleader. She didn't look like a basketball player or anything. And she was one of the smallest girls in the court, if not the smallest. She comes down the court, She's like, oh, no, one's guarding me. Boom, pops the three. You really only see, like at this level, you only see one to two three pointers made in the whole game. Okay, she comes down, pops open three. I'm like, I don't know what we're doing defensively, but someoney to keep an eye her. Next possession, she comes down, Oh, nobody's on me. I'll just take another three. Boom splash comes down again. Three straight threes to start the game.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, that's hard to do it in like a men's game. Yeah, And she just and none of the shots were forced. She was just you're not covering me. And I was like, Okay, this girl just must be a shooter. She must be one dimensional. Oh no, she use her point guard. She could dribble with either hand, finish it around the rim with either hand. She was making great passes, and this was just a well oiled basketball machine. They made every right pass like everyone on the team's hitting mid range jumpers. Then no one forced anything, relentless physical defense, and I was like, Okay, I'd always heard this, I'd always heard that there's other levels, but man, we saw it firsthand and we took I think they beat us by fifty.
Speaker 4: Ooh were they the same age as Grace? Are they a little bit older?
Speaker 2: They were a little bit older.
Speaker 1: So this girl, so Grace is going to be a ninth grader, and this girl that I was talking about, who is tiny, apparently she's about to be a tenth grader. Okay, and she's already playing varsity basketball on a state championship team.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet they don't play softball or volleyball, but they are specializing in a lot of basketball.
Speaker 1: Of her indicator, I know, Michay cater like I think I did. It's what it's known for, is it girls' basketball? Chris So Crumb up there by where you live. Crumb was just an old basketball school for years. Oh dude, we used to go so when I was in my early twenties. I would drive There was a really good basketball players about five years ahead of us, and he and I would drive out to Crumb to go hoop in their open run. And they were country ballers. And I swear this is true. There was an old man. I say his old man because I was in my early twenties. This guy was probably my age now or late forties, and he was high as a kite and he was bombing from everywhere. You remember Vance Cranfell, right, Yeah, yeah, I used to drive up there with Vance Cranfell.
Speaker 2: And who granflon bang. So so this is tournament basketball, I'm told. And by the way, the Mavericks went out of their way to hire an all star team of officials.
Speaker 1: Oh cool. It was like usually I get mad at every game, I'm Matt because even at pro games because there's so many bad calls. H huh, there was really good officiating.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: That was shocked they didn't have Scott Foster there to try to extend the series.
Speaker 2: So later.
Speaker 1: At our last game, we played a team in the tournament that only had five girls. Oh and one of the girls was large, like huge. She couldn't get back up and down the court.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't even fair. So we saw the full gamut, you know, we saw the full disparity. We saw a well oiled Juggernaut team, and then we saw a team with just five players and one of them couldn't really move. I want to see Decater play then, So they won by one hundred points. But anyways, that my youth basketball weekend.
Speaker 2: It's all I had. It's all I did the entire time, and it's not even over. I got to go do it again tonight.
Speaker 1: I would encourage every listener to join Ben tonight at nine o'clock Hocket Grace's game.
Speaker 2: I said, I get to do it again today. Yes, yeah, get to I'm going to Yeah, yep, rest in peace very nice? All right? Coming up next, where are you going to go and things? Skin Is Tracking?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to tell you how Father's Day can go horribly wrong for somebody and we'll do that next. All right, Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle Man. We got Pantera tickets we're going to be given away this week, so be listening for your chance to win those bad boys. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Skin Is Track, another edition of things.
Speaker 1: Skin is tracking.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: If you remember, we were at chalk Taw Casino and Resort on Friday. I remember I went there and we were talking about what we were going to do for Father's Day, and I had mentioned that I was going to take my dad to Burger Schmerger in East Dallas at three o'clock on Sunday. Man, not only was it delicious, but the place is packed at three o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, and there were several listeners there.
Speaker 2: Hey, wow, that heard that. You know, Hey, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a Burger Schmurger. Great, I'll take my dad to Burger Schmurger.
Speaker 2: How cool is that? She hung out with a bunch of dads.
Speaker 1: Hung out with a bunch of dads, and so the one of the owners, the guy who created Burger Schmerger.
Speaker 2: You'll love this man.
Speaker 1: She's got a really sweet daughter. I think her name is Stella if I remember correctly. But she was walking around the restaurant wearing a shirt that says I love my dad, taking pictures of people that were there with their dad for social media.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, that's great.
Speaker 1: And I thought about the whole idea of like, okay, you got a small business going. Of course, you're gonna put your teenager, she might have been early twenties, I'm not sure, put her in charge of the social media. And so she was out there taking pictures of dads wearing a shirt that says I love my dad.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: One of the guys that was there was also a musical collaborator with the Light Farms Giant.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, really.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was completely unaware of this. He had even saying some harmony stuff with the Light of Arms Giant. I think I've met this guy before, Yes, Sabie.
Speaker 5: Is he disappointed in the writer's block that lfg's had over the last four or five years.
Speaker 1: You know what, maybe this will inspire him to get back in the lab because I think this particular guy actually works for the LFG as well.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: So they're probably listening right now, smiling and laughing. But anyways, uh Burgerschmerger, smash burger style. Everything gets cracked up to me magically delicious. I can't wait for you to try it. Then I can't wait to try it either, And so when you're eating it, I mean, this is kt you say, it's the best burger in town.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think comparing things is a terrible thing to do, but yeah, it's my favorite burger in town, right, Stephen, Ah, But it's one of the best.
Speaker 2: It's definitely in the mix. But what is it about it? Like when you're eating it, are you like in heaven?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's an ecstatic experience for sure. I think crazy and crazy how it's kind of different. It's really good they have. And here's the other thing too, this is this was my favorite part of the day.
Speaker 1: So our waiter, his name is Kai, and he's like, he's basically saying, look, dude, you've come to Burger Schmerger and we are rated the top burger you know, DFW, so you probably should just get it the way it comes like. He's not saying it in a jerkish way, but there's several burgers and he's explaining, if you're gonna come here and have this experience, and you know, you don't need to be taking things because you're changing the carefully balanced, chef designed burger. And so my dad is like, okay, good, I'll have the Pasadena without tomatoes on it.
Speaker 2: That's not one of the ghost Hey, dude, I respect it though. It's like, dude, I am my own chef. Yeah, like I don't. It's like we always talk about the greatness of Twisted Root. Yeah, you're your own chef there. That's one of the best burgers in town.
Speaker 1: But it's like, that's great that you've come up with your own chef curated way, Like I don't want onions, so have at it.
Speaker 2: Just make it without the onions.
Speaker 1: Let me recommend to you the first time you go, get the Schmerger that's what I got, and get the onions and just get it as it comes. I mean I said, I just basically said. I was like, look, I want to make sure there's no pork on anything I get. I don't eat pork, and I'm not a big Mayo guy. He goes, you won't really taste mayo. You don't even know a sauce. Yeah, I'm assuming it's part of the special sauce, but smurger sauce, but I don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy the flight sauce?
Speaker 1: I got the sauce flight, We got a flight sauce for French fries, and then I drank a big German, a delicious kalsh.
Speaker 2: May Rollertown Beer Works. It's our brewery. But anyways, it was it was a fantastic experience. I loved it.
Speaker 1: But that was my favorite part of it was my dad sat there and listened to him and not he goes, great, I'll have the Pasadena without tomatoes on it. And it wasn't like it wasn't like trying to dunk on the guy or anything like that. He's like, I he's what eighty two, eighty three? He's eighty three. He didn't need some waiter telling him. I heard you cuss out a waiter on the air one time. He didn't need some waiter telling him how to order a burger. I'll kick a waiter's ass. And let me just say, my dad at eighty three is getting around better than me because I tweaked my back this weekend.
Speaker 2: I can't sit down. I can't lay down. I'm taking Adville every six hours. It's just it just sucks getting old. You can't get in the doggie or the downward dog whatever. I can't do any of that, even in their nap. Just snacks right off alright. Weekend got out of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so burgerschmurder there there's one location, and is it like a part of another business?
Speaker 2: What are their expansion plans? I don't even know. Do they have the other one still open over there on Haskell? Okay? So high five in High five? Yeah, yeah, okay. So they started as a food at the bar, yeah yeah. And now they've got.
Speaker 1: Their own brick and mortar over there at Buckner And what are they Buckner and Butner Yeah, Buckner and Butter by the Lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, good good Father's day. Yeah, type your father's say. All right there it is pray for skins back all right? Coming up next, KT, where you gonna take you in the Hollywood Shuffle?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Why is this deep cut from the nineties charting all of a sudden out of nowhere? Thank you very much, But to tell you something about a wild and news reporter and a helicopter who said way too much. But first I want to play this for you. This is the lady that owns the breaking bath house. And tons of tourists still go to Albuquerque and they go by and want to take a picture of the house.
Speaker 2: I've often said it's the daily Plaza of Albuquerque.
Speaker 5: But if people get too close, it's kind of known that this lady ain't having it and she just hates that there's tourists there all the time. So someone recorded video or audio of her. She's also got a hose with they're ready to spray at him too, So here you go.
Speaker 2: Bye, because I'm not a Jack Morman. Get him? Have you seen anything else but Breaking Bad stuff?
Speaker 4: Since you've been here.
Speaker 2: You can take a picture from that corner. Do not get close and no typehod, no, no nothing, just click snap her one, then you go.
Speaker 5: She's amazing yelling at people. It seems like she could really make some money if she just leaned into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, Like did they actually shoot the interior shots there at a studio?
Speaker 2: I wonder, yeah, I wonder on that because if the house is this, I'd give tours.
Speaker 4: Of it, man, yeah, or airbnb it stay at the Breaking Bad House.
Speaker 2: That house always creep me out. What was the design of it?
Speaker 5: And something about the way that house kind of I mean, obviously there's dark scenes that happened in that show in there, but like it.
Speaker 2: Was depressing, and his car was super depressing. He had that weird green station wagon, which when it came out it was kind of futuristic. It had weird lines.
Speaker 1: What I forgot what crash landed in the backyard was up the doll from the plane.
Speaker 5: Okay, the doll that had one eye. Oh there's a plane crash over the back.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right, she should have that sitting on the front or well what people used to do take pizzas and try to throw them on the roof. So I mean, that's got this. She's dealt with a lot of bs here.
Speaker 5: But like I was looking at pictures of it, and it is kind of fenced off quite a bit where it's like it's she's got a big gate there. Now if she wants to leave and get back home, like it's like that. You wouldn't see it on a normal driveway like driveways normally don't have a gate like that.
Speaker 1: She could change the door and paint the brick if she wanted to, and it'd probably run everybody off.
Speaker 4: You're an old lady, you don't want to move. You've lived there forever. But I am amazed that people are still coming by there so often. I know, right, it's been how long.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're twelve years since the show end. Yeah, I think there's zero to do in Albuquerque, Okay, and so you kind of have to do that, right, I could see that, but really most places there's zero to do. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Think about like the world. Yeah, think about America. Think about rural America outside of the big cities.
Speaker 2: What is Where do you go in l Paso? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Sonic, Dude, Sonic is killing it. I love going to Sonic. We can hang out there for hours feet Yeah. See if we stumble up on some road, flairs, throw them around on some road. Stu Mandel is the helicopter reporter for Fox eleven in LA, and they were covering the No Kings protest on Saturday, just kind of hovering above La.
Speaker 2: And you know they're not going to air this live on Fox eleven.
Speaker 1: That just have it.
Speaker 5: We'll send you to their YouTube. And then the live chat on the YouTube, man Stu Mandel started talking a little bit about his personal life, and I thought it was pretty funny.
Speaker 7: You know what, I don't care. I am married. I am legally married. I am legally married. That's about the only way you can really say it. But I am not looking at now at all. I I just had a bunch of debacles with my personal life. Yes, it's true. I know it's hard to believe. I got nothing right now, got nothing, got nothing, not really looking trying to find myself and be happy. I'm being serious about that.
Speaker 2: I want to be beholden to no one at this moment, you know.
Speaker 7: Do I got lonely, of course? But I got cats.
Speaker 5: God, this guy's amazing. They were also like talking about like alcohol, So let's see, guess.
Speaker 7: I love bourbon.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: I do love the bourbon. I don't have the whiskey. Love the bourbon, love the gen you love the gin out man, there it goes again. All right, kids, we're making our way to Torrents.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's just hovering around fine a helicopter.
Speaker 1: They just let him like free, like they weren't asking questions. He wasn't reporting anything. Does he have a show?
Speaker 2: I think he was just interacting with the YouTube chat.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes a little more sense.
Speaker 2: This guy's great.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: He is so beaten down. I mean, just talking about his wife. I'm legally married, That's all you can say about it. But I'm not looking. I love I did lose half my stuff though, of.
Speaker 7: Course, but I got cats.
Speaker 2: I'm all good, Hey, can you try to get him on the show. I think that'd be fun. I'll have him on probably sometime in October. Okay, okay, good, we'll get back there. Write that down. All right, Here's what we got coming up the four o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: We got the Today Game, we got Wildlife News, a brand new worm that has people freaking out. We'll go around the sports talk a little, Rangers talk, a little, US open. But coming up next to d f W. Moles made the Top Males in America list. Which one's worthy? We'll tell you next.
Speaker 2: What's going on in dallas Worth?
Speaker 1: Our top it is?
Speaker 2: He can't even dispute it. There are tops in the city and fort Worth and really all the other So, no, no, fort Worth is eleventh. It's the populace. Yeah, it's not a top, not a top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the song would be fort Worth is a top ten city if it was. You've heard fort Worth is the top eleven city. Yeah, that's a great thing. It's a good boogie song.
Speaker 5: USA Today does a thing it's called ten Best and they break this out every couple of months. He's had the ten best things of some thing, you know, and it's just you s say today, I don't know what it didn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Did you just explain rankings to us?
Speaker 1: I was explaining the rankings and how the rankings are determined, because you know what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: If I don't do that, we'll start talking about it. And now I'm gonna get asked, where's this coming from?
Speaker 2: Where is this coming from?
Speaker 5: So covering the tracks say today, but they're taking on best mall. They're taking on the best mall in twenty twenty five? What are the ten best malls? And I can tell you that two malls crack the top ten. Now has anyone looked at this?
Speaker 2: Does anyone know? I know what one of the mall. I think I know what the two malls are, but I have not looked at the list.
Speaker 1: I know one of the malls. I have not looked at the list. I am surprised by the list because I don't know malls were really still a thing. I'm assuming I know what the second mall is. There's only ten malls.
Speaker 5: I would like for each of you to write down the two malls you think are on the list, all right, just to see Okay, wait, I want to make sure I understand we're talking mall like m A L L, not m A you. Well, yes, this isn't like Violet. Yes, ten malls. It's not the Tiger. Just going to town on the antelope.
Speaker 4: I saw Lion King over there the weekend. Fantastic to see the musical fair Park, Fair Park Musical. It's really good. Did you highly recommend?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: I cried.
Speaker 2: The lions are people, right, they're not like.
Speaker 4: Yes, but their costumes make them look like lions. It's you have to see it.
Speaker 2: They didn't have live animals on set No. Four walking with well, no, no, they're not.
Speaker 4: No, but they have drafts where they're like walking on stilts. But there are people like it's really freaking. Is a musical, Yes, but it's Lion King.
Speaker 2: What if they had animals singing? That'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do what I want, okay, wants Okay. So when a mall like when, first of all, back in the eighties, when Skin and I were coming up in America, like Richardson Square, mall was the center of our universe. Having a mall with an arcade, a movie theater, Fletcher's Corny Dogs, Dino's Pizza, the first Chick fil A we ever saw, fun and games, funny games, Piccadilly Cafeteria Forever twenty one, the Piercing Vigoda. I mean, you know how lucky you were. We Yeah, we do a mall we had we were we could ride our bikes there, dude.
Speaker 2: It was bad ass.
Speaker 1: It was. There were two record stores in the mall, two different records store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to have pet stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We got our dog.
Speaker 1: Sandy at that mall. And man, the mall used to be everything, yeah, Kevin. And then as malls started going away, they started dying. I'll never forget the first time I went into a mall that was dying, like Valley View, and it's like, oh my god, we're gonna get robbed in here.
Speaker 2: This is not safe right now, Like so the stores are closed or.
Speaker 1: A zombies gonna pop out somewhere right right. So so I love that there's still ten thriving malls. Yeah, well the top ten on the list, whatever ten is in New York. Number nine is in Virginia, whatever. Number eight though is India. W and also number three on this list DFW. I'll let's just see what you what you all wrote down okay, Christina, Galeria and North Park. Okay, skin I blanked on the name of the mull and Frisco. Is it called Stonebrier?
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put Frisco's Stonebrier and North Park. Okay, I put Frisco, Stonebrier and Galeria.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Christina and Ben each get a point. So Galeria no North Park on the list. Galeria number three, how about that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Is listed in Dallas, Texas. I always called the Galeria Addison, but I don't know where the line is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're Farmer's Branch's right, very strange.
Speaker 5: Here's what they say for the best selection of souvenirs had to Texas. Treasures of the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop.
Speaker 1: Okay, why I just do that? At the airport, the large endoor ice ice shrink is always in now that's legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Number eight though on this list, you guys didn't see it coming. You gotta make a trip out there just to see what's going.
Speaker 2: On on Redbird.
Speaker 1: They've added Lego Land a sea life aquarium of course, South Lake Gentlemen, Grapevine Mills.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's where now Wolf is too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in the mall.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did not know that they have an escape room, which I've never done.
Speaker 2: I'd like to do that one time.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think I have not really done Grapevine Mills. I've only gone in that one entrance where Lego Land is and done Lego Land and.
Speaker 4: Left cafe there too.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, malls are back, baby, Okay.
Speaker 1: No one else had two malls on the list, Dude, I think I had two badass malls that didn't even make the top ten. Mall of America number two, number one of Intura Mall in Florida. You ever been there, Christina, No, I don't think so. Yeah, yeah, all right, there you have it. Congratulations to all the great malls of America. Been in skin show and this segment is brought to you by a Twisted Root Burger Company, Baby, Ben. We were talking earlier about the best burgers in Dallas, and if you you have mentioned this many times, and I agree, Twisted Root Burger Company is in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Man, It's always in that conversation.
Speaker 1: I just love it. It's got fun, cool vibes. I could give you the funny name. When you get your order and you're waiting to pick it up. It could be Vanilla Ice or mister t or whatever. I love that watermelon tea there as well. But the burgers are fat and juicy and just they're just incredible. Easily in the conversation for best burger in Texas. Yeah, now, they're doing to build your own burger thing. They went in there six months ago and started retooling the menu and they've perfected their menu. But they have a build your own burger optionist part of it, and man, you just can't go wrong. There's several locations around town talking about Carrollton, Coppel, Deep Lm, East, Plano, Bedford, Arlington, Mansfield and more. Go check it out Delicious Hamburgers with the Twisted Root Burger Company.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's time for this. Now it's around the sports KT twins as all the sport YEA, A couple of things I'd like to get to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I want to start with the Rangers, who got a big sweep there. Now back to five hundred, let's go six at thirty six. Yesterday, something interesting happened with the White Sox though. If you remember, Nolan Ryan kicked Robin Ventura's ass a long time ago back in the nineties. Kids if you're listening and you don't know about this, look it up on YouTube after the show.
Speaker 1: That was your worst moment, Ben when you you went to that game and you yelled get him Ventura. God, you could get deported for that, dude, and you will.
Speaker 5: So there's a situation going on with Kumar Rocker and he's he's starting to cramp up a little bit in the fifth inning, so they stopped for a second. The trainer goes out, Mike Maddox comes out, the bat boy is delivering little pickle shots during these canisters and he's down in pickle shots one, two, three, all right, what is next?
Speaker 2: Batter shot?
Speaker 1: Well, pickles juice, pickle juice for fight off cramps. But they had him in these cool little canisters. It was kind of neat. So then he gets the next guy out and but there's a runner on third named Rojas for the White Sox and they come out and he's cramping up again.
Speaker 5: So now boach, he's gonna go out there. And the Rangers really needed Kumar Rocker to keep going because they had a bullpen game on Friday at an extra innings game on Saturday, so.
Speaker 2: They needed innings.
Speaker 1: How deep are we into it. We're about the fifth inning, okay, but he's cruising. He had to give up any runs. At this point, things are going well, there's run on third, so go out. Another pickle shot, another pickle shot. He's sweating that. He's just he's got a little hamstring problem that he's had. He is cramping up.
Speaker 2: Do you think his sweat smells like pickle juice?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: It's like asparagus what runs right through you. I don't think your sweat smells like asparagus. You ever had asparagus and just gone for a big jog and never gone for a jog. Every man the first time he ate asparagus thought he had.
Speaker 2: An s oh yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: So Rojas is on third base and he's hitting ninth in the order for the White Sux. But he's on third base and he starts going like, come on, because it really was like a ten minute stop down. If you combine the time of both times you're out there, come on, and he gonna starts going.
Speaker 2: Take him out, then take him out. And he's got a point.
Speaker 1: If we're just farting around on the mound and killing the vibes because we got a cramp we do need to move it on, and then Boche starts mfing him. Really yeah, he starts mf at him, and it was hard to kind of read the lips, but I sensed a who are you you know? Because he said Rojas, I know his first name, Just a guy on third base.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 1: It was like, really awesome. But that was happening in the middle of a rain delay of the US Open. Now I was perched up at a bar at a place I like to go to.
Speaker 2: Oh my parents are there. We're having good time.
Speaker 1: We were looking forward to watching the US Open, having some drinks and just watching the US Open. The other a great, great day, and the US Open hits a rain delay, and instead of like, okay, here's some studio, you know, an analysis, there is some highlights, they go, you know what, we got the rights to this, Let's just throw on two thousand and eight US Open with Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. Okay, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Why was it Burger Schmerger at that point? This is in the three o'clock hour, Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because I was I was looking up at the TV going, why are they showing Tiger from two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: I don't understand a lot of confused people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what was going on because it was you know, they didn't have sound in there, so I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 5: It's the one where Tiger's knee is just destroyed, yes, and he's kind of hanging around third place. So they showed a few holes from Saturday and then Sunday where he puts up the red on On that Saturday, he comes out of nowhere, he holds out from the bunker, he makes a long putt, the crowd's going nuts, and then round four he ends up winning it. And then that's right when like he started smashing everything too. He was probably already was. But that's like waitresses, we are like kind of kind of peaked. Yeah, No, seriously, it's like that's when all the affairs were all happening. This is prime, Like this was prime Tiger. And I was like, man, the ratings for that have to be better than the US Open, where you had a bunch of no names on the leaderboard, like you know, your Scotti, Schefflers and Rory mcle.
Speaker 2: They just weren't that they weren't you think the ratings of playing Tiger. I'm better than the actual one. I wonder. I wonder it's such a such a genius play by them, though. Yeah, to just go we'll go to that. We have a ring, We'll put Tiger on.
Speaker 1: The only thing is that there would have to be people out there to know to go check it out that weren't already watching, you know what I'm saying. But that was such an amazing time. I was and actually when Tiger was on, me and my dad were having this conversation.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The only real comparison to Caitlin Clark is probably Tiger in terms of like bringing new eyeballs to a sport that never cared or thought about it. Yeah, there are people that are watching the w NBA that are watching it for her and never once turned on a WNBA game. Game the other day got the biggest rating of all time. Did you see the shot she was or come down and hit like three shots in a row for the logo. There's a badass shot where in the background the opposing team coach is smiling.
Speaker 2: She's seriously because it's like, look.
Speaker 1: At what you're doing for our sport, and aren't they Is she gonna come to Dallas and play page buckets at the AAC in like a week and a half or something. Yeah, it's here in a couple of weeks. That's good, Katie, that's good reporting. Good job everybody, all right? Coming up next, we got wildlife news. There is a new worm. You need to be very scared of this. It could change your life forever. The story next.
Speaker 2: A wild life.
Speaker 1: Obviously had some rainfall last week, heavy rainfall in places, and it's brought a species to our doorstep here in North Texas.
Speaker 2: Were wolves were wolves, not wear wolves. No crocodiles, not crocs. Oh, good guess.
Speaker 5: Although I did see a sign in fort Worth, I don't really get derailed too far. I saw a sign in Fort Worth and it said, this is by one of the likes. Alligators have been seen around lake Worth. State law prohibits feeding, killing, molesting, or attempting to move an alligator.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing out there in Lake Worth?
Speaker 4: Leave the gators alone?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to give the galligator a little jack.
Speaker 1: Isn't Lake Worth where the we had the guy on that there was big foots and stuff out there?
Speaker 2: Remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I did the story from the past. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, yeah, that was Lake Worth, right, I think it was Lakeworth. I also the questionable signs and photographs before we get back to.
Speaker 2: The wild left news.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the other day when I brought up the Rangers and the Gay Pride the headline on Star Telegram, but they put a picture of Alejandro Soon on top of it rather than the owners of the Rangers logo.
Speaker 1: I called out the Ford Star Telegram. I can't left the Dallas Morning News slide on this. I'm might have to show y'all with my computer here. Okay, so Downs Morning News newsletter. Here's the headline, hot weekend expected, but to what degree chances of rain come and go? In the Father's Day weekend forecast. Here's the image that they went with. Is that a stranded boat? It's a kid at a baseball game and somebody's he's tilted his head up and somebody's squirting a water bottle in his mouth.
Speaker 2: I think, what are we doing.
Speaker 1: It's a kid with his eyes closed, leaning up and someone's squirting the water bottle in his mouth. And that's how we would like to say that we have a chance of rain this weekend.
Speaker 2: That is weird. I can see using that.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, it's gonna be so hot, it's gonna be miserable. You're gonna hate it at your baseball tournament. Not it's rainy. You know what they should have done. They should have had a picture of Carl Havoc. Yeah, should have it is Hey, anything's better than a kid with his eyes closed squirting a water bottle in his mouth. It's very strange. And I just wanted to call it the Dallas Morning News because I called out the Telegram too, both great, great staples of our community.
Speaker 2: The hammerhead worm, though, is what we're worried about here. Now. You can know it's a hammerhead worm because it head shaped like a hammer. You got to see. I sent you a picture of it. Yeah, it looks like a hammerhead shark, but it's a worm. You did send the picture I did. That's good. Thanks.
Speaker 5: Here's the problem. They can grow up to be a foot long. But if you try to kill it by like cutting it in half, they grow, they turn into two. They turn into two, so it grows another hammerhead. Yes, but they're also toxic. It's got regenerative head.
Speaker 1: That's almost hard, impossible thing to find when you're married, because they're not. They don't marry for life. They don't have one soulmate. They're just out there worm in it eaten earthworms.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: According to the Texas Invasive Species Institute, hammerhead worms are also toxic and can cause skin irritation.
Speaker 2: No big deal. I face skin irritation every day. Is so good? All right? Or what? Man? I had a whole thought this weekend about what is the definition of a dad joke? Is it just a pun? I don't know, a bad Yeah, just a bad pun basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my son sent me one, he goes, When does a joke become a dad joke when it's apparent.
Speaker 2: That thought he sent me for Father's Day? Pretty good?
Speaker 5: What do you call a lazy kangaroo? What a pouch potato? Because they're the animal that has a pouch.
Speaker 2: They have a pouch. You said, I love marsupial humor.
Speaker 5: Uh So, the hammer head worms that are gonna be around, they're a natural predator of earth worms, and earthworms aren't necessary for crop growth and development. This this, this is a dangerous thing and they can reproduce asexually. Yeah what yeah, no one else does that.
Speaker 1: That means, like, if you're just taking care of yourself. You could get yourself pregnant. Yeah, basically it's Morrissey. Hey, explain they give advice and here that I don't know that it's good advice about the best way to kill the hammer head.
Speaker 5: According to Tizzy the Texas Invasive Species Institute, the new head can begin developing within ten days if you try to cut its head off. An experts say that you should kill it by using a spray of citrus oil and white vinegar, which they all have in our cabinets ready to go.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you think you're going to see this new species, can coc this at home and have it sitting around okay, or even better, also soak them in sult and vinegar, or by freezing them in a sealed ziplock bag.
Speaker 2: Eight hours. Just throw them in there with your pizza.
Speaker 1: Think about that, put some gloves on, pick up the hammer head, put it in a ziplock bag, and stick it in the freezer for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: That's how you kill it.
Speaker 1: If you don't have the magical elicks are already made up and sitting on your counter.
Speaker 2: So I don't even know what the play is. What's the play? Now? I have a step on it.
Speaker 4: I had a friend post on Facebook that he just doused it in salt and that did the trick.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I think that's a snail.
Speaker 4: Wait he found out well yeah, yes, yeah, but he posted as like a week ago.
Speaker 2: I think, wow, oh my god.
Speaker 5: It is crazy how their head is. It's good to know it's just like a snake to know if it's venomous. They have the triangle head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what But dude, like these things can be like a foot long. Yeah, but dude, we caught a major break that the scariest things are tiny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if that thing was like, I don't know the size of a dinosaur or something, that would suck.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that what Dune is all about? Yeah, exactly, It's exactly what it's about the military.
Speaker 1: All right, There you have it. There's the wildlife news. We got music news coming up. But first the Today Game at just over three minutes.
Speaker 2: Don't go nowhere.
Speaker 1: That's next, And this segment's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, one of the finest pizza establishments in all the land. It was named best Pizzeria and DFW by readers of The Dallas Morning News. We highly encourage you check it out. There's only one location. It's in Plano, Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza. So if you like Detroit style pizza or New York style pizza, tavern style pizza, if you like, you know, Dallas style pizza, everybody can find a pizza that they love there that's mastered. That's why readers of The Dallas Wearing News said Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is the best in DFW. Head out there to Plano, Preston and Plano Parkway. They also have great pasta awesome craft beer selection Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: I'm always interested in one of our big outlets, like the Dallas Morning News. They have these like articles and they got to kind of put a list against the content out there, and I get that, but then like they really have to pare it down. So ten DFW concerts to catch this summer. Keep in mind that there's a thousand or a bill DFW concerts this summer, but you got to pick ten. Yeah, and we gotta make everyone understand, Like this is for everyone reading. Probably you would just put all the rock shows, or all the country shows, or all the hip hop shows. So what is the big eclectic mix that Thor at the Dallas Morning News is put together.
Speaker 1: I bet one of them is that Bob Dylan Willie Nelson show. Oh yeah, even though it's out there in the heat, I'm just gonna go in order by date. Be easy for us to track this year. June twenty second at the Kessler Alejandro escovero.
Speaker 2: Anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he actually he actually worked at Waterloo right, probably might still, but when I lived in Austin in the early nineties, he worked at Waterloo Records. Was a legend in Austin at the time. And he's kind of a he's a Texas artist that dabbles in kind of rock, kind of Texas sound. He's seventy four. Yeah, he's been around forever. Like I'm telling you, I used to go buy records and he would check me out at Waterloo.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I would have had that on my top ten, but hey.
Speaker 5: Go see, Yeah, he's a he's a legend in Texas. June twenty eighth at Billy Bob's Christina Ashley mcbriden. Oh yeah, uh, I don't really.
Speaker 4: I don't know where she's from, but I mean she is a girl country country artist. Is she related male country artists?
Speaker 2: She related to Christina McBride, No, are you thinking Martina McBride yep, and nor her hit song or is Ain't enough cowboy songs? I don't know, man, man.
Speaker 1: I had the that some country song got stuck in my head and I thought about you skin because it's the dumbest lyric. People say I got it drank and problem, but I got no problem drinking at all.
Speaker 2: Love Billy Currington. I love Billy Currington. I'll be her. They say it's a problem, but I got no problem with drinking. Billy Clever June thirtieth. Out the English Beat.
Speaker 1: I love English Beat. I had no idea they were still around. They were a big part of the late seventies early eighties new wave scene out of the UK, and they were a ska band.
Speaker 2: So what songs?
Speaker 3: What I know?
Speaker 2: Mirror in the Bathwound.
Speaker 5: There's none of these first three that the Dallas Morning News is recommending. I don't know any of their songs.
Speaker 4: Oh you know that song that he was singing?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Definitely met her in the bathroom mirror? Oh who what songs are they?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Have ever met someone in the bathroom? Yeah, there's a whole Strokes book about it. No, like you met her, Yeah, that's what he did. That was that was a destination. Meet me there, yep, like, hey, I met you there and then you remember it. Just treat us the songs I asked you to read us. Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan July fifth, let's go. Here's my problem here. No, Seki's Pavilion is a great spot, but July fifth, it's it's inhumane to put Willie Nelson in Bob Dylan out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just can't do anything outdoors from what like June to August. I think mid I think early June to October.
Speaker 2: There's nothing.
Speaker 1: They don't try to drive anywhere at eight am, and they don't do anything here from it's just pretend like you're on Mars and everything has to be done indoors. From June to October, they also.
Speaker 2: Are going to have it. Looks like the Avitt brothers there too. Oh cool, I saw them in the last year. Fun They're Fun August sixth at the Majestic Theater, Regina Specter. Dude's my favorite Russian artists. I don't know that I want to go see her lost. I looked at her on the top ten like artists coming to DFW. This is This list is basically things Stora is excited about. August seventh, Toyota Music Factory. Teddy Swims. Okay, I go to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's great from Wildcat University. Teddy Swims.
Speaker 1: It's Wildcat You right, He's got a couple of heaters on that last album.
Speaker 6: Really so.
Speaker 5: Teo August twenty seventh and twenty eighth at at and T Stadium. You don't go to see this guy for his acting skills. You want to see him do pop bangers. The Weekend Kevin Bacon. I was gonna say, Kevin Bacon too, man, the Weekend. I've seen the Weekend before.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Oh okay, No, I mean I think he's It was fine seeing him once. I do not need to see him again.
Speaker 5: This sounds like something my wife drug again would go to here Fair Park August twenty nine through thirty first, the Riverfront Jazz festival. Let's go Anthony Hamilton, Tank in the Bengus, Oh my god, Pebo bryceon War War.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird that they're a part of it. No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Man, They fuse Latin RHYTHMSKA, American funk and soul music. Had a big percussion and brass section.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's not. Then, all right, you got everybody likes Lowrider. It's classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lake Street Dive September nineteenth. They're fun, they're I did some covers too, right. Uh. Maybe they're kind of like a soul revival kind of band with a chick singer, white chick singing.
Speaker 5: All right, So this is what Thor from over at Dallas Morning News says, those are the ten biggest shows.
Speaker 2: Now they're not on my list, and I got some huge shows I'm going to this summer. Like what oh have in front of me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What oh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Okay, then shut up.
Speaker 5: Only thing on the docu Trillie, Modest Mouse and Flaming Lips that to have a music factory.
Speaker 2: Everybody's seen them one hundred times. I see Chavelle again up at Chalk Tom Yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, hell ya, all right, thank you Kevin for your contributions to the local music scene. But you're not done because coming up next more incredible news for local music fans.
Speaker 6: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: I got an email today. I thought I would tell you guys about the email I got today.
Speaker 2: I want to hear about it. Writing.
Speaker 5: Located on the banks of the original Trinity River, the six five hundred person capacity Longhorn Backyard Amphitheater will host a series of soft opening shows this fall, starting with the Randy Rogers Band on September twentieth, twenty twenty five. A grand opening with a full calendar of events will commence in the spring of twenty twenty six, providing North Texas music lovers with a state of the art outdoor music venue just one mile south of downtown Dallas. We're working on something exciting. Check back soon for updates. So big soft opening Saturday, September twentieth for the Longhorn Backyard Amphitheater.
Speaker 2: Rendering is pretty neat. I have been there.
Speaker 1: This is humble brag time. So I went to go see Ermanos Katierres a couple of weeks ago. Which have you ever checked them out? Christina No, Being a lover of the guitar as you are, you might want to check them out. It's two brothers at play guitar and it's instrumental music. Would I would describe it as Latin explosions in the sky.
Speaker 2: Oh, like you know how it's mood guitar at lights but for a Hispanic high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It's in Laredo, right, and our buddy Adrian Quesada does stuff with him, and so they came through and the man who owns the Kestler, Edwin and also Longhorn ball Room, and also the originally very sweet guy, he was at the show and he was like, hey man, you want to go see what we're doing out here.
Speaker 2: And so this was back in mid May.
Speaker 1: So I saw this three weeks ago, but he took me back there and this is going to be effing incredible.
Speaker 2: Like gorgeous. The renderings look great. Does it have what the capacity is in that artist?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: I was going to guess eight thousand, sixty five hundred and it's like right just south of the actual Longhorn Ballroom, So you'll walk that. When you go to the Longhorn Ballroom, there's that big area in the middle you know, that is open to everything, and it's you basically can go all the way through there, all the way to the back to get to the Amphitheater.
Speaker 2: It's really really cool. So, so the biggest venue is going to.
Speaker 1: Be at and T one hundred thousand, ninety thousand. Then you've got like at and T American Airline Center.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's Dicky Sicky's probably seventeen thousand, sixteen thousand, say that, yeah, because that's about like AC that's where Wu Tang Clan and Run the Jewels played on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're saying fourteen on fourteen Okay. So then my the smaller ones than that in between, like I don't know, like what's a two thousand person venue LOMIC fineteen Bomb Factory. I think you can get thirty five hundred, okay, okay, And so there's not a lot in between that thirty five and fifteen thousand, right, Yeah, So this is per for that, yeah, absolutely, And I'm wondering too, So when dose Ekis has packed out, is that fifteen thousand?
Speaker 2: What is that.
Speaker 1: I want to say they can get up to twenty, but I could be wrong. Okay, that's one of the giant ones. And then also when you pack out Toyota, what do you get in there? Twelve thousand thirty No, I have that right here, hold on it is Uh they are eight thousand people in the Amphtheater. Okay if they open it up in the in the back and they have the lawn, gotcha. You know some that they are always duck in the summer. They don't really have that open to.
Speaker 2: Shok Ta Durant was that three four?
Speaker 1: I think they can get four in there, thirty five hundred to four thousand, which.
Speaker 2: Man, I love. Yeah, in that place rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a but also there's a thing about it where this is just very historic. There's so much attached on a river bank. Yeah, right there, and you can you can see it like you go back there.
Speaker 2: It's it's cool. I mean there's a lot of trees and stuff. Yeah, but dude, it's right there, lightly neat. Yeah, just say Doseki's twenty is there max capacity? Okay? Just three thousand for Choctaw at the Grand Theater. Okay. This is a kind of like there's Panther Island Pavilion in Fort Worth.
Speaker 5: They host a lot of shows, including Shack's Big DJ Festival every summer. J kind of like that because that one They're big thing at Panther Island Pavilion is it's right by the water and they kind of promote that heavily.
Speaker 1: I would be lying if I told you I knew, because I've never been to Panther Island Pavilion. I've just know I know there's shows there, but I've never actually seen it. This is very This is like tucked away because there's trees all around it. Yeah, like it's in the back behind the longhornball Room.
Speaker 2: I remember when.
Speaker 1: They moved the Byron Nelson to Trinity Forest and it just fore again further south than we're talking about. This is gonna be one mile south of downtown. But it is kind of crazy to see in certain parts of town how many trees there are and how foresty it can kind of seen. Yeah, when we're just kind of used to thinking that we've all the time and there's concrete, but there are a little pockets down there in Dallas that we probably don't go to enough that are like, oh man, there is like some nature here and stuff. And one of the cool things about what they're doing down there is they're bringing jobs to an area where there's not a lot of jobs and opportunities.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's part of like why the city got behind this initiative. So there's a lot of development, a lot of stuff going in there, and it's creating jobs for people. But man Edwin knows what he's doing. I mean, it is going to be a really really cool venue and I bet there's gonna be some amazing shows, Anito, It's all right, we're going to keep you laughing.
Speaker 2: In the back half of the final hour of the show.
Speaker 1: We've got remarkable moments from Friday show at Chalk Talk Casino and Resort Durant. We're going to replace some of that coming up at about five forty. But coming up next, we're going to crank up the Wayback Machine things that happened this week ten years ago.
Speaker 2: That's next. It's time to go into the biting schedule wordybug Machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is gonna be a little different than what we normally do when we go to the Wayback Machine, where we maybe listening to some classic audio and things like that. But I've found this website that truly just given me all kinds of fun stuff, like ten things that happened ten years ago today or this week, right, And these are more like pop culture moments that kind of stand the test of time.
Speaker 2: Some don't.
Speaker 1: Some are a big memory refresher. For instance, let's start with the fact that ten years ago, okay, this week, Jurassic World had the biggest opening weekend in movie history at two hundred and nine million dollars.
Speaker 4: And that was that one was good too, That one was good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which one was that?
Speaker 1: It was the first one of the Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard run is that with a bunch of little bitty dinosaurs running around? Pretty much all of them have though, Yeah, all see is this the one where he's working on his motorcycles? She comes to his house. They clearly have a past and she needs him. But it's it's Ron Howard's daughter, right y. It is Okay, that says like Howard's daughter is like babysitting her sister's kids for the weekend. That's why there's a kid element.
Speaker 2: So here's what I.
Speaker 5: Remember about this, and I remember to less so about the plot of the movie and the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: But I remember more so that this was the night. I want to say that the Mavericks drafted Dennis Smith Junior twenty fifteen, that would not be accurate.
Speaker 2: Well, who would they have drafted in twenty fifteen?
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen? They probably traded their pick to the Celtics for Rondo.
Speaker 2: If you know what, you're.
Speaker 5: Probably right, because here's what happened. My friend Jake from the Dumb Zone, Our friend Jake from the Dumb Zone was doing the NBA Draft and asked me if I wanted to go to like a midnight showing of Jurassic World and seats that vibrated. Oh cool, A strange request from a guy that really doesn't talk to me that much.
Speaker 2: And it was the Justin Anderson draft. Hello, okay, makes sense? Oh yeah, makes sense. And Sutton on stopper, Well, see it was just a guy that went to the same college Carlisle did. Okay, it didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Oh we got to get a Virginia guy in here. So I met him after he was done in the draft and we watched it in vibrating seats.
Speaker 2: See the one who hit you with the new phone hoodas. I think he did. Think he was the one. He was the one that we went to his culinary thing that he had. Yes, yeah, I texted one time and he said, who dis good question? Dude, hit him back right now, let's see I was doing. Yeah, I think that went better than my Jake Ferguson interaction. So that that happened, so ten years ago. By the way, that movie was topped.
Speaker 1: Six months later by Star Wars episode seven, The First Awakens. That was a forty eight million I liked that movie. You would kill for two forty eight million though in a movie right now?
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 5: Also, Will Ferrell and Kristen Wig ten years ago this week decided we're gonna make a lifetime movie.
Speaker 2: So a deadly adoption. What was a lifetime drama that happened? You remember that?
Speaker 1: No, I definitely didn't watch this. Yeah, and it's apparently serious. Oh like it's it's their lifetime movie because that's what they want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: It's kind of funny when you look at Will Ferrell though, but it's really hard to take.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: John c Riley in it our guy, Well they had a bit of a falling Yeah, yeah, but not in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Probably not in twenty fifteen, probably still good. Uh. Brian Williams got banished to MSNBC because he lied about beginning a helicopter covering the war in Iraq. So they got hit by an RPG like what is he doing? How do you? What are you doing? I'm just gonna make up a war story. The hell dude in that position, It's amazing. He had it made. He had it made. And then he had to watch his daughter have all that sex and the TV show Girls.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that was a wild story about how she took him to the Girl's premiere and he watched and she happened to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dad, you showed the light about the war. Watch this. What happened to her is, let's just say, salad was on the menu. Oh ye, her menu. She was the one that was in the bowl. Do you all remember the Rachel dolahs all scandal? Yes? What's what is that?
Speaker 1: She claimed to be African American? Yes, yes, she was running some yes in Washington. She was like a dean of a college, don't know, president of the NAAC. Oh god, and then it kids came out that she was extremely Caucasian.
Speaker 2: Basically same thing happen with Vanilla Ice. Looks like she got uh.
Speaker 1: Fired from a teaching job in Arizona last year because of her only fans page.
Speaker 2: She's had quite a life she has, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: A couple of liars on this list with her and Brian William Dude, let's get her on the show. No I have It's probably possible, probably possible.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sean Penn and Charlie Staring broke up Pain as he started dating El Chapo. I don't think I knew that they were ever together. I agree, Yeah, I didn't either. I thought he was still married to Robin Penn, right or whatever her name is. He's about fifteen years older than her. Not that that's really mad, you are.
Speaker 5: Seawan Pain uh Utah Valley University invented the cell phone friendly stairs.
Speaker 2: Huh kind of went.
Speaker 5: It's like a meme that kind of took over it because people were at the time, we just weren't ready for phones, and people were falling into fountains and falling downstairs looking at their phone. And uh, they put like texting lanes on these stairs, like a walk run in text lane.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Just kind of it's just some viral thing. Not that big of a deal.
Speaker 5: Also, ten years ago this week Trump announced he was running for president and everyone kind of laughed about it.
Speaker 1: Then boy, fast forward a years he just went prison rules in those debates and changed everything.
Speaker 2: Right, wait, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Just two months after Hillary had announced she was running, in Trump's like, I guess I'll run two and was like okay, and there we go.
Speaker 2: Was we all thought Mark Cuban might run. You know, right, things you're crazy. Ten years ago. I think twenty to.
Speaker 1: Fifteen is when we get the really great Trump Bible quote. I think that was when he was running man.
Speaker 2: Either either a good great book, love it all, we lose vagina all right time, good job. All right, there you have it. There's the Wayback Machine coming up in just over three minutes.
Speaker 1: It's the big finish remarkable moments from Friday Show at Chuck Talk Casino in a resort to rent. They must be relived. We'll take a look and a listen and and skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging with us today. Know the segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works, and we're doing a cool thing with the Eagle and Rollertown Beer Works and the KPMG Women's PGA Championship out there at PGA Frisco. We're gonna be doing our show from there this Thursday. We're on the air from three to six and we're gonna be broadcasting from the Top Golf Lounge where they have an incredible selection of Rollertown beer. So if you do have plans to go out to that, come by the Top Golf Lounge on Thursday, right there on the property at Omnifrisco, OMNIPGA, PGA Frisco. It's an amazing facility, so much fun, and this is a big, big major championship that's going on there. And if you do need tickets, make sure to go and use the promo code roller Town ten on the site and you get ten percent off tickets to the tournament. So what a fun thing. Come hang with us the Benin Skin Show this Thursday afternoon. We're going to be at the Top Golf Lounge and lots of Rollertown in building. It's a big celebration because Rollertown's one of the sponsors there at the KPMG Women's PGA Championship. This is a really big deal and we're happy to be a part of it. So come hang out with us. And if you're out there at all this weekend June nineteenth, twenty through the twenty second, look at the Rollertown booth at the fan zone right there behind number nine. Go'da be serving up beer and having swag in all of that. But right now it's time for this. The thing's big, this big. Let's go back to Friday because we had a great show over at Choctaw.
Speaker 5: I love going out there, and I need to plug my horn in here so I can play some audio. But there are some things that happened in that show. It's kind of wacky. If Friday shows do get off the rails.
Speaker 2: We all know that.
Speaker 5: But there's some things I just thought about all week and long that I thought we should probably repurpose, and not only to remind everyone how great Choktaw.
Speaker 2: Is, but how this show is. It's kind of crazy sometimes, man, show sucks. Man.
Speaker 1: When you're doing a live spot for chalk Taw, you never know what's going to happen. You're telling everyone about the place, but also you know there's people who come up to the desk while we're broadcasting, and wouldn't you say it when you say at Choctaw we get more just rando interaction than any other place you've ever been. Yeah, foot traffic for Yeah, there's so many people there and they're there to gamble and have fun, and so they're like, oh, here's a table of something. What are they giving away? Yeah, it's always that. It's not Oh, I love the Eagle. It's man, what free stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you have for me?
Speaker 1: Well, here's a live spot that happened, and I will tell you there's a lady that comes on named Sue in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: Before we get there though.
Speaker 1: We're broadcasting live today from the chalk Taw Casino and Resort Durant. I think you could tell we love these guys. These guys are more than our partners. They are family. We just adore these guys. And man, we recently came up here and the three of us came and Christina cam she brought her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: And he was a part of it. He came. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's why it was a good time for everybody. Hey, Christina, are you still on?
Speaker 4: I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Ben, Do you want to apologize to anybody? We all came to the Chalk Talk. We came to see the Black Keys.
Speaker 1: Up we went to eighteen thirty two the Steakhouse, and we went and gambled in the casino.
Speaker 2: I don't see Oh that's funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And one of the great things about the time we spend up here at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort and duran Oklahoma, is that they have these million dollar giveaways that are happening on three different occasions this summer. Now, the first one is happening, just happened, and a nice lady from Garland and Ice, grandmother just won a million dollars. Then July the fifth, that's the Saturday. And August second, that's a Saturday. We're gonna crown two more million dollar winter am I right?
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, we are. Are you going to be here for that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: Shoot here?
Speaker 1: Shoot yeah?
Speaker 2: What is your name?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Sue Pickett? Sue?
Speaker 1: Do you have a good time when you come to the Chalk Talk Casino in Resort Durant, Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: Always hell? Yeah? Did you come to see the Black Keys a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 1: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I come to oh.
Speaker 1: Pulled in slots. I don't know what's for your pulling there, but I assumed it was a slot at a girl. Uh sure, yeah, just making sure.
Speaker 2: This has been a crazy spot, if you know what I mean. But it's Sue, is an honor to have you on with us. I hope you have a great time, and good luck to you. Thank you so much, and I always have a great time. All right, Sue throws down.
Speaker 1: We love her and she comes to the Chalk Talk Casino in Resort Durant, Oklahoma. You can be just like Sue and have a good time and yank on that lever she was just yanking on. Ninety minutes north of the Dallas downtown Dallas area.
Speaker 2: It's a quick drive.
Speaker 1: Come have fun at the Chalk Talk Casino Resort and Durant, Oklahoma. In the middle of the live read, she just walked straight up to the table to start talking to us. And there's no barrier, so she just comes right up from face to face and she while I'm talking, she's kind of talking to me, and so instead of answering her question, I just put her on the headset. I just handed her my headset, just put it on as we were listening to that. Just now, I was trying to remember the point in the spot where I looked over and she was wearing the headset and I hear a little stammer that I'm doing in there. I'm like, oh, she's wearing that headset now, and the thing is is just to fully celebrate Sue. She sat there patiently with a headset on and a mic right there in her mouth until I addressed her.
Speaker 2: She did not interrupt yet, she didn't interrupt, dude. Her husband came by later and we were like, hey, we put her on the air. He goes, I heard he was beaten.
Speaker 5: I had the privilege of getting to see Sue for thirty to forty seconds.
Speaker 2: You know, So, what's she gonna sound like? She's got that head set on. Yeah, and she sounded exactly like I wanted her to sound.
Speaker 1: We're gonna crown two more million dollar winters? Am I right, Yes, we we are?
Speaker 4: And like for me, I had no idea of this. I just hear her and I was like, what.
Speaker 1: You know, it's great too, Christina. I didn't realize because Christina is back here at the station. You know you can't hear you can hear some things. I never knew that chalk taw bed was in there until we just listened because I can't hear it downline too well, because.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 1: Oh great, good jobs, Sue. So another thing that happened. I mean again, I'm just crazy show. So so many things happened. It's those shows are badass, Yeah they always are. There's so much fun. So this happened as well. This is about fifty seconds on a player for you guys. Let me get a little transition though. Hold on playing. I'm trying to play like a transition thing here. We're going to the past. Skin coming out of a break here, hell a hard time.
Speaker 2: I've been won the ego. Have you ever noticed how much this riff sounds like the radio Head song I forgot the name of it now? Oh Man, beten skin show? Nice up point one. The eagle will remember that forever. Great story, Skin, Thank you dude. If the I heeart coach heard that, he.
Speaker 1: Gets shipped off the radio radio, that has not how you come out of a break?
Speaker 2: Ben won the ego? Have you ever noticed how much this riff sounds like the radio Head song I forgot the name of it now?
Speaker 1: Oh Man?
Speaker 2: Been skin show? Nice? Up point one? The eagle will remember that forever.
Speaker 1: Great story skin Come on, man, okay, And I don't know if you have the rest of this. So it gets worse because I remember the song about forty five seconds later and then couldn't remember the name of the record, and we were just here going.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it held a thief? I remember? Man, it was two minutes of wasted time. Man, wait time, But listen to I might be wrong, it's the same. Go back to one more thing. You have two more things that happened. Let me do. Come me get mine out of the way. I got caught with words. That's problematic for many people. Yeah, I'm really good, all right, Paul. Top ten most common ways for spending habits Number ten regularly. Oh no, God, got regularly? I got God, George. Just say, just say with regularity, and you'll never make a mistake. That is true.
Speaker 1: Just say with regularity. Don't try to say regular. It's impossible to say regularly. It's a tough word, for sure. It's it's so it's it's just like rural. It's so good, Yeah, rural, rural. It's so good. That he was trying to sound country cool while.
Speaker 4: He did it.
Speaker 2: Regularly, regularly. Just at the end of it, he kind of cut it short. Regularly.
Speaker 5: One more here on Friday Show, Chuck Ben saw a license plate and it led to this.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was driving into work today behind a black portion and the license plate said uh parking.
Speaker 2: Uh And what did it say? It said, I like this?
Speaker 1: Sorry, go ahead, Okay, you know what I want to get his birthday. I want to get him a new license plate with no vows in it that just says.
Speaker 7: G l F K l L.
Speaker 1: Look at this license plate, Read this, Read this, and tell me that's not the car I'm going to follow.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a guilf wife. Yeah, the lifes plate said Guilf wife. And so it's golf one. I know.
Speaker 1: I couldn't wait to get up to see her. And I was like, no, I don't think so, and it was like golf one, dude, cheers. So let's get him on.
Speaker 2: G l F K L l R. And that is the personalized killer. All right.
Speaker 1: It's the Bending Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next KT. What's the top story in Cowboys Kerosene is.
Speaker 2: Michael Parson's pistols and you're good so there we go. We had quite a show. Friday's fun. Yes we are was her name, Sue Pickens, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: You think about it. She never got to ask whatever question she came there. Well, she was the star of a chop toss spot though. She's good. Man, God, I hope she won big. You remember her husband, you remember her husband, vibe.
Speaker 2: Honestly, she was like, I know I heard.
Speaker 1: And when he said I know I heard, he didn't turn his head all the way around to us. He just kind of set it over his shoulder as he walked off, holding her hand, and she was just full of energy.
Speaker 2: And she's like, she had her signature signed on.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, she said, I always have a good time herank you so.
Speaker 2: Much, and I always have a great time. Well, I'll never forget the time k T was face to face with Sue Picket.
Speaker 1: She was getting ready to yank that lever there and see if she could win at the slots.
Speaker 2: He looked her dead in the eye and he said, oh, it's jumptinus, all right, that's gonna do it for us. Christina is gonna stick around and play some dunes right here on the eagle. There you going. I'm gonna get my sock backed dude,