Speaker 1: This show is produced and hosted by Mark Webber.
Speaker 2: The show is sponsored by G three of Parol.
Speaker 1: The views expressed in the following program are those of the sponsor and not necessarily the opinion of seven ten wor or iHeartMedia. Who is Mark Weber. He's a self made business executive here to help you find your success from the New York City projects to the Avenue Montaigne in Paris. His global success story in the luxury world of fashion is inspirational. He's gone from.
Speaker 2: Clerk to CEO twice.
Speaker 1: Mark is classic proof that the American dream is alive. And well, here's your host of Always in Fashion, Mark Weber.
Speaker 3: Mark Weber, We live in interesting times. We live in a time where everything's changing now. Everyone loves change, Everyone embraces change until, of course, we ask them to change, and then they either can't or they won't. We do live in exciting times. We live in confusing times, a time where we can't navigate clearly because we don't know just where we're going. But at the moment, with the government in place, maybe we're getting a better idea of where we're going. You never really know. With the advent of AI with a change in all our communication habits with UAPs, unidentified anomalist phenomenon or unidentified aerial phenomenon. Are we alone? Do we know? Are we going to learn something soon? It's a question. And then, of course Trump not Trump watchers or sneakers, Trump change, elon musk change. We're living in interesting times. Feels like the best of times, not the worst of times. I'm often happiest though, when I'm observing, and there's much to observe right now. Well, I would say the Super Bowl reminded us of the Goat, the greatest of all time. That it can't be hyped, it must be earned. A time for shopping habits to change everything Amazon versus everything that was in the malls. Women are dressing up, men are dressing down. What's the future of mankind went out in sync? Women look their best, men look their worst. Is our species doomed? What's going on? I often said I don't mind spending money, I hate wasting it. I hate wasting a penny, even though penny's not worth a penny any longer. I always looked up to the government. I trusted it to do the right thing. Now in the world, it's clear that everything the government has done proved their best at throwing away our money. There's no oversight, no preparation, no common sense, hidden funds for causes that don't help America, no care at all for where our money goes, where has been spent. We're a wasteland for money. We're stupid. We live in interesting times, the time to enjoy time, the time to understand, to explore, a time to question. I've had great times. I've had good times. I've had annoying times. We all have. But in my case tonight, I want to talk about the state we find ourselves in. And I don't mean New York State, I mean our state of affairs. We have a new president. He's sninking outside the box. Actually, he's snaking outside this world. He's being forward at every turn. Forget the fact that what he says is making sense. Forget the fact that he's assembled a brilliant and loyal team. He's applying lessons he learned from the last time he was president. Forget the facts, even though they're right in our face. Somehow or another. We can't accept change, any change. Listen, Democrats, did you see Schumer and Maxine Waters dancing the other day? We will win. We will. You had to be embarrassed for them. The Democratic oversight, let's be honest, has been a disass America voted You're out, Sit down, Think before you talk, Think before you talk. Now. I have a Democratic history in my family. I come from a working class family. Although today the Republicans are now the common sense party for everyone. The Democrats, they have to ties to this nonsense, no woke, no champions in illegal anything, hold politicians aliable for incompetence, Please keep us safe. Can you handle the truth? The truth is we all need to be observant. Common sense is not so common. We need to talk about doing what's right. Which brings me to Trump. And with Trump comes my lawyer, my co host, my son, Jesse Webber.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jesse, I like it here.
Speaker 4: I like it here you talking politics. I always love when you talk politics. I always tell you to talk about politics. It's relevant, it's every day. It's a nice little get away from the business. And I like when you jump into this field.
Speaker 3: Well, Cez, because I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Who does?
Speaker 4: Who does know what they're talking about when it comes to politics, And it's not true, it's not true. Just because you're not a politician doesn't mean you don't have a good perspective on the world, especially when we're talking about the economy, trade imbalance, where goods are coming from. He did a whole episode last week on China. I think your insight is probably more beneficial than you know.
Speaker 2: Joe Schmoe.
Speaker 4: Joe Schmoe's insight about it. I mean, who knows what to talk about with politics. I thought you have a different business perspective on it. I enjoy it at least.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for that. I did get a lot of comments on last week's show in China in the way I looked at it, But you know, forgetting the news for me, Dan Abrams leaves News Nation. You were an important part of that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, it's it's sad on one end.
Speaker 4: I had been filling in for Dan, who I work with at Long Crime. I had been filling in for him since twenty twenty two. I've been on that show since twenty twenty one. I can't blame Dan for leaving News Nation. The guy's busier than anybody ever saw. He's like the Ryan Seacrest of media. But for me, that was one of my prime anchoring spots. I would fill in for him multiple times, sometimes a week, sometimes a month, and it's something I really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Look, I also fill in for other talent.
Speaker 4: I fill in for Elizabeth Vargas, I fell in for Chris Cuomo, feel I fell in for Ashley Banfield. I've done a weekend work for them, weekend anchoring. But there was something very very special about Dan show. It was an opinion show. I could give my legal perspective, my legal opinion. It wasn't just straight up news. An incredible team that I worked with, and I just liked it because you talked about so many different topics, sports, entertainment, politics, law.
Speaker 2: I worked very well.
Speaker 4: With the different people. It was one of my favorite things to do. I felt very comfortable and natural up there. And I'll tell you what I actually did something I brought it with me. I'll play it for everybody on the show. So Dan finished his last show on a Thursday night, and I actually did his last show on Friday. He couldn't make that night, So I did his last official show of Dan Abrams Live and I did a sign off.
Speaker 2: I was able to do a sign.
Speaker 4: Off for the my last time filling in and I'll play it for you.
Speaker 2: Now, let's play it before we wrap things up.
Speaker 4: Tonight is officially the last episode of Dan Abram's Live. Dan signed off last night, look and Leland's going to be taken over next week. He's going to do an incredible job. But I'm said, you know, I actually was with Dan interress rehearsals for this show back in twenty twenty one. That's how far back I go with appearing on this program. But I just wanted to say that it was a privilege to be able to guest anchor this show. So thank you to management, this incredible team, staff, and of course Dan for giving me the opportunity. And I want to thank all of you for tuning in, allowing us into your homes, allowing me into your home.
Speaker 3: Well, klass Jess, very well done. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm glad they gave me a little bit of time to say that. I think people were expecting it. A lot of people online were wondering if I was going to be taking over the show. A lot of people wanted me to take over the show, and I thought it was really interesting that I was great that I had the opportunity to do that because people were wondering about my placement there. I'm glad I had an opportunity. He was a great opportunity for the company to be able all class, all class.
Speaker 3: Now, let me ask you a question. Let's talk Trump. What have you got on your mind? You've been all over TV with that stuff. You got anything you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: I think there's a difference between him trying to do the right thing with doge right there, no one could doubt, no one can deny that we have a major, major trade deficit, we have a major debt problem. How do we get out of it? It's not good, have to address it. I gotta give him credit in what three weeks, four weeks, how much he's been doing. There's something to be said about cutting this, cutting that slashing that.
Speaker 2: A part of me loves it. But then I'm also the lawyer, and I think.
Speaker 4: About it, and I say to myself, legally, does he have the right to do this?
Speaker 2: And from a legal point of.
Speaker 4: View, there is a reason that so many courts are stopping him from doing this. There's a reason because look, executive orders, executive actions, which is what you've seen a lot of this happening. They have the force of law, but they're not an actual law. Congress didn't pass it. And when an executive action directs an agency to do something, you have to make sure that that agency has the authority to do it. And unfortunately, what I think was happening for Donald Trump is he's running into a lot of the roadblocks Congress never approved them to do that Congress has the right to do, to move around funds that Congress never appropriated, And I think that's the major concern. You know, it's a balance between he's the head of the executive branch. He has a right to direct and manage the executive branch, but at the same time he has to follow the law and there's a separation of powers. I think there was a big concern at the beginning of the week. It seemed to temper a little bit, but based on Vice President jd Vance's comments that the courts are getting in the way, questioning the court's authority to stop Donald Trump from doing this. The worst case scenario is if Donald Trump's administration just doesn't follow court orders. Now, he seemed to sugges he is going to follow the court orders. He's going to appeal it, which is his right to do. But that was the biggest concern from this week is that while his intentions might be noble and right, how he's going about it and what he's going to do if he's challenged, that's what we're all waiting out to say.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not waiting. I hope you just as what he wants to do. You know what I want to talk about. Do you like what he's doing in.
Speaker 4: Gaza, Mara Gaza, that's the one that I've seen a lot of Maragaza.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 4: Look, on one hand, he's trying to offer a solution to what's going on there. I think what really woke him up was the idea of how devastated that area is, and.
Speaker 2: I think he's trying to figure out how to rebuild it.
Speaker 4: But it's also a little bit of a simplistic way of going about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you do with the millions of people there? What do you do? This is not a strip of land in Reno, Nevada. This is the Gaza strip.
Speaker 4: And I think he's looking at it in a way that I don't know if he's fully accounted all the different circumstances, they're all the different factors. I think Israel was taken off guard. I think the people of Gaza were taken off guard. I think the Middle East has been taken off guard. I think his own constituents and the Republican Party have been taken off guard by it. It's a very bold statement to make where you're going to say, you know, you want to increase investment in there, you want people to build in there. That might be a way to get you know, the area back. But again, I think there's so many things he hasn't thought of that it almost felt like a little bit of an off the cuff statement.
Speaker 3: Now, I'll tell you what I think. I think Trump has said it very well. For the last fifty sixty years, this has been a problem. People get getting killed, they build it back, They wasted to the ground, they build it back. It's a repeating occurrence. It's never going to get better for those people if this keeps going on. I love it. I love the idea. What I don't love is I think he lost a tremendous opportunity here. This was the opportunity to bring the international community together. And while he is trying to bring the Arab community together. I thought what he should have done is split the Gaza into regions, all lined up with the same purpose. It's on the water. It could be great resort, great places, division for conventions, bring people together, turn it into something special. But I believe what he should have done, or could do, is take a section of it. Give it to the Russians to build their hotels, their view of what this looks like. Give to the Chinese a section to build what they think is their view, what their hotels, what they want to bring to the table. Give the Europeans, the European Union a section to build, and the Americas will build a section. In the Arab community will build a section. Call it five different sections, all on the same strip, making a statement, all working together to build it up. Make it amazing, give everyone a chance of prosperity, and I think that would alleviate a lot of the future problems going forward. In fact, you know what, think about Disneyland with all the theme parks. Do the same thing in the Gaza strip, involving the international community. I think it would be great.
Speaker 4: Which your solution is to turn Gaza into EPCOT.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's your solution.
Speaker 3: Well, you called it Maro Gaza, turn it. You said you wanted to turn it to Marrow Gaza.
Speaker 2: I have to be honest, it wasn't my my term.
Speaker 4: Somebody I saw online used it, but I think it was Michael Rappaport. But no, look, it's it's it's I don't think that's ever going to work for a number of different reasons.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, what do you do with all the people? Where do they wait?
Speaker 4: There's not a motel six that they all hang out and they're going to go back.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not clear what to do with the people. I know he's talking to Egypt. We know he's talking to Jordan. That whole region is never found a home for the Palestinees. Either they need a place to live temporarily, they need places to rebuild for them so they could have normal lives, or this facility generates enough money to support them going forward with new startups and businesses. Whatever. It's a great idea to save people. We speaking of save people. I love what's going on with the Ukraine. Before I give you my input that you say you like, do you have something you'd like to say about the Ukraine.
Speaker 4: I think they're being least a bit transparent about what can and can happen. So Pete Hegseth, who's the Defense secretary, said I don't think we can live in reality. Essentially, in paraphrasing, we can't live in a reality where we're going.
Speaker 2: Back to before the war.
Speaker 4: And he also said that he doesn't see a situation where Ukraine is going to be a part of NATO. They're being honest about what the situation is, and Donald Trump's apparently speaking with Putin is a step forward. I think he really wants to end this. It's going to be a negotiation and I don't think both sides are going to be incredibly happy with it, but hopefully they meet a middle ground because I think we all agree the fighting has to stop.
Speaker 3: Now we're on the same page on this one. Look, Donald Trump said from day one, people are dying. They're killing thousands of people, hundreds of thousands, they're losing check narrations of men, they're dying. I wanted to stop. And I think it's only right that we understand that Russia didn't get this, didn't get in this for nothing. Whether they're the aggressive, whether they're right, whether they're wrong, at this point, it doesn't matter. Stop the dying. Let people get on with their lives. And it means succeeding some territory. It was going to happen. Russia's not going to lose to the Ukraine, no matter how many weapons we send in, and whodo wants to be sending in weapons from here to help kill people. I know the Europeans have questions. We have to stop Putin, we have to stop Ukraine. It's a terrible situation that can go on forever, and it's enough killing. Having said that, a little territory to save a lot of lives I think will make a lot of headway. Now as far as Putin goes. I've said this in the past, they'll say it again. There was a time two thousand and eight. I remember I was at LVMH. We had an amazing run with the Russians. They were all coming to New York, they were all coming to this country, they were all doing business, they were all coming together, and it became the successful entrepreneurism of the world, bringing our two countries together, and Russia was in a very good place. Putin was proud of the country. He was proud of what was going on, and then we alienated him everything anti Russia, anti Russia, anti Russia. This is a man, It's like anyone else. If everybody keeps hammer on you and saying you're a bad guy and you're a dictator, and you're a Nazi and you're this, of course he's gonna not like it. We need to bring him back into the community of men. We need to bring Russia back into the community. We want them as our friends. We don't need enemies. We have to let buy guns be byguns. I know a million people are gonna tell me I'm foolish, but what else is the alternative. Let this war go on forever, Let it lead to World War three. Let Trump make a deal, let him be the broker. Let this happen. I think we're in a great place. You know, this is such a patriotic time for our country. Those of you don't like Don Trump. Every time he shows up, people are chanting USSA, USA, USA, make America great again, Put America first. It's a wonderful time. The conversations on Canada, I never thought about it. Should Canada be our fifty first state? When did we make Alaska our fifty fiftieth state. There was a reason should Canada become our fifty first state. I think it's a great dialogue that we're having, and let the geniuses figure out as that are plus or minus for both countries. The subject of Greenland, it's natural resources. If we could buy it, why wouldn't we. The population is successful, they're happy. Maybe this is a nice addition again to the continental United States. And then of course this Panama. We gave the Panama Canal away for nothing. Jimmy Carter gave it because he thought it was right that the Panamanians should own the canal. But he didn't consider that America built it, all the work, all the sacrifices, and now they're taking advantage of us. They're holding up our ships. No good. I think it's right that we're talking about and Gulf of America. I love it. So I hope all this turns out to something international and if we can. We want to be neutral in this world. We want to have a nice time. We don't want people dying. Get on board, Democrats, what he's doing is right. You want we are a nation of immigrants, not illegals, immigrants. We don't want to be woke anymore that we've all voted for and what are we fighting for now? We're fighting to get America on a solid foundation. To say anything before I close this segment.
Speaker 4: We love Greenland, not very green, Frankly, Frankly, we always think it's going to be green, but it's not.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 4: Denmark is going to send it to us. We're gonna do it. They're gonna love it. We're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fantastic.
Speaker 4: I actually do think, by the way, that they don't want to sell it. I don't think they want to give it to us. But I do think what's interesting is Greenland. You mentioned the resources. I think they strategic. It's important to be there because of Russia and China. It's important to us for us to have a position there, and I think that that's why one of the reasons why he's been pushing for it.
Speaker 2: But unprecedented times. We shall see what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, they offer everyone in Greenland a million dollars, We'll see what they say. And with that as a backdrop, tonight, we live in interesting times. I'm going to take a break and come back and we're going to talk about a week in the Interesting Life of Mark Webber back in a.
Speaker 2: Moment, always in fashion.
Speaker 3: I spent a lifetime of my career building the van Usen brand, and I am so pleased that they're back with us now talking about suits. Men, we're dressing up again, and it's become cool to wear a suit. Suits can be won on multiple occasions, in multiple ways. You could wear a suit formally to go out at night or to an event. You wear a suit to the office with or without a tie. If you look closely, now fashion trends, suits are being worn with turtlenecks or mark next. The choices are endless and every one of them looks right. You could really really look the part. I believe that packaging yourself is as important does the products you package, and wearing a suit is one of those things that make men look their best. Venuesing invented a new idea. It's called the cool flex suit. It's been engineered with stretch technology, giving you the most comfortable fit and mobility. Its wrinkle resistant fabric, it's cool moisture wiki. It makes it perfect for all occasions. As we discussed just now, this new style of looking sharp while feeling cool and comfortable is amazing and I'm so excited that the ven using company is involved in this new technology and is embracing the whole idea of dressing up. Let's not forget venues and made it's name with dress shirts. It's only proper that the suit business follows strongly in its way. You can find Vanues in cool Flex Men's stretch suits Acpenny or online at jcpenny dot com. Guys, they're great, you should go look at them. Donna Karen began her career as one of the finest, most successful, powerful women in the fashion industry. She developed a collection aimed at the luxury market for women on the go, women who were powerful in their workplace, women who had lives that extended beyond the workplace, and her clothes went from day and to night. An extraordinary collection. But the interesting thing Donna Karen had a young daughter and she had friends and they couldn't afford to buy the Donna Karen collection, and Donna invented dk NY Donna Aaron, New York. It's an offshoot of the Donna Karen collection. The same concept a lifestyle brand. Now we talk about lifestyle brands, what does that really mean simply what they say. There are brands that follow you throughout your lifestyle. You get up in the morning, you start to get dressed Donna Karen Decan why as intimate apparel, as hosiery, as all those products. Getting dress for work, You get accessorized shoes, handbags, and it takes you through the day. The remarkable thing about DK and Y clothes for work, they work into the evening. The dresses, the suits, the pants, the sweaters, the blouses, extraordinary clothes at affordable prices that go from day in tonight. Part of your lifestyle is active. You have weekends, you have events, you participate in sports. Donna Karen's casual clothes did that under the DK and Y label. A vast array of casual sportswear that make women look great as they navigate their busy lives. Whether you're going to soccer games for your children, or whether you're going out to the movies, whatever you want to do, dkn Y Jeans, dc Y Sportswear is there for you. That's what a lifestyle brand is. And I need to mention DKY active wear, which is extraordinary, the leggings, the sports bras, the sweats you can wear day activewear, certainly in the gym, certainly when you're working out at home, and certainly if you want on the street. Because it's that well done. The quality of DKY is nothing short of exceptional. And why shouldn't it be because it was born from the idea of luxury made affordable for women of America. DK and why a true lifestyle brand that takes you from day and tonight, from the week into the weekend. DCN Why you can find dcnhy and Macy's DKY dot com.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to it always in fashion. Here's your host, Mark Webber.
Speaker 3: We live in interesting times. What an interesting world? You know. Every night, when I have a minute and I finally get a chance to relax, I sit down to watch television with the idea that I'm gonna watch a movie, I'm gonna watch a series, and I can't turn away from the news. I'm riveted by it, every part of it. There's so much excitement going on, all of this action, all the change, really catches my attention. I think it's wonderful time. And tonight's show, frankly is we live in interesting times. And with that as a backdrop, I want to talk a little bit about life in general. I have been very active, seasons changing. I love to go shopping, look at new clothes, sees what's going on. And I've spent some time in Bloomingdale's and I want to tell you about it. Yeah, Bloomingdale's is an exciting store. Women's wear is interesting. It's always had an entertainment factor theater to Bloomingdale's. But that's not why I want to talk about it. What I want to talk about is there was a sighting in Bloomingdale's this week. I well, i'll tell you what happened. I went into Bloomingdale's in Manhattan and I bought a Armani stretched shirt, a white one.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: You know again, I'm a stirt guy, so I know. And the material I'm not getting into the details was so luxurious and fit me so well. I loved and I bought a white one, and I got concerned that I only owned one of them, because if I ruined it, I wouldn't have it. I wanted to have this for a while, so I went and bought another one. I brought it home. I get home, the guy didn't take the security tag off. I was so pissed off. You know, you go to this effort to buy something, you gotta figure the guy at the sales counter has only one job, well two, well maybe not. Let's be fair. He has to greet me, he has to take my money, he has to put my shirt in a bag, take off the security tag, and say thank you goodbye. Well, if I got to take off the security tag, which ended up turning into a good thing because I had to go back. I went back and I went to buy. I returned the shirt, I had them take off the tag, and I ended up buying an Armani short puffy jacket. Have a really cool one right now, and I wanted to buy it, and I bought it. Once again. I'm standing around and I go to pay for it, and I give the guy my credit card and he looks at me and he says, are you Mark Weber? I said, yes, I'm Mark Weber. You have the card. He says, no, no, are you the Mark Weber? I start to laugh the Mark Webber? He said, yeah, the radio guy, the podcast guy. I said, yeah, that's me, and he goes, oh, this is crazy. I can't believe it. I listened to you every Sunday. I listened to you every Saturday and Sunday night driving home. I love your show. My wife loves your show. I'm so happy to meet you. I said, that's great. You know I was laughing. It was night. Not the first time it's happened, but it's always fun when someone recognized you in this case, which is amazing, either from my voice or from my name. It's not like they know my face. So anyway, he says, he says, but he goes, You're gonna hate me. I said, why would I hate you? He says, I'm gonna show you. And it comes from around the counter where he the desk where he took the money, and he's wearing a suit with brown sneakers with white souls. He says, I know you hate these shoes. I know you're gonna give me grief. I looked at him. I said, I like you, but I hate your shoes. I'm looking at this outfit. You look like a I said, I apologize. You look like a schmuck. You wear in a nice suit of white shirt and these shoes with the soles. You look ridiculous. What are you thinking? He says, I know, I know, I can't wait to tell my wife. He tells it it takes a thing to his wife and sends her a note. And anyway, he wraps the coat and I go home. I get home and once again blooming Dell's. I bought an Almani jacket. I went to try it on. I put my hand in the pocket. In the pocket, there's a snap that holds the pocket in place when you wear it, and one of the snaps was broken. So now I have to bring the coat back. So the next day I go to bring the coat back. I go to see him again. He said, oh, I can't believe you're back. He's so excited. But I told my wife she really wanted to know. Well, she says not and he goes, let me show you what she wrote me. And he shows me his phone and the fife says one word, one question? Was he obnoxious? Now I don't know why the guy needed to show me this. And you know, did it make me feel bad? No, I mean most humans might feel bad. I wouldn't feel bad. I just said to myself, here, I am trying to do the right thing in life, trying to entertain people, bring them knowledge, create a show that they could learn from enjoy. Am I obnoxious? Now? I think about this set a lot of times in various different degrees. I try my best to be humble. It's hard when you're talking about a career that has spanned the length of mind and has the success that I had and the financial wherewithal that the show the career has brought me. But I recognize, and that's why I often talk about the fact I'm a man of the people. I began my career in the city projects. I never expected to be successful. I'm not important now. I used to be important. I do all of that to try and offset the fact that here I am, having been the CEO of two major companies, and obviously I did well financially. I try to offset it by being, as I said, the coming man, and the best she has for me was he obnoxious. Hey, Jesse, am I obnoxious?
Speaker 4: Obnoxious is a strong word. I think you have a very strong personality. I think you're hilarious, but look I obnoxious. You can maybe at times maybe at times, I don't know. I think that you're I think that you are an acquired taste, and I think sometimes you think you're funnier than you are Is that fair?
Speaker 3: Do you think the listeners think I'm obnoxious?
Speaker 4: I can't speak for all the listeners, but look, it's a popular show. I imagine some people probably do anything you do in media, people are gonna hate it. I'm sure if we took a poll, some people would think you're obnoxious.
Speaker 3: Thanks. I like that vote of confidence. What I would have liked to heard that person's nuts. You're a great guy. You try and be humble, You try and give both of you. You know, I expect a little bit more from my son.
Speaker 2: I'm your son. I'd like to tell you like it is. What am I going to lie to you? I'm telling you the truth. You never lie to me. I'm not lying to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll move on from there anyway. If I'm obnoxious, get over it. You know what? Can I tell you? What more important? Though? Talking about life, I'm going through magazines. I'm a golfer. I read about golf magazines a lot about what's going on, and I have to admit the death of taste continues. Men. If it wasn't for bad taste, there'd be no taste at all. And I'm wondering as we go forward, what happened to class? Where did we lose our way? Where did we lose our way in the way we're supposed to carry ourselves. Say thank you, appreciate what's done for you, dress appropriately, talk appropriately. You know you can't buy class. I don't care how much money a person has. You can't buy class anyway. I'm watching what's going on and minding my own business. And I turned the page Golf magazine and there are two photographs, one of Ricky Fowler and the other of Jason Day Ricky Fowl American, Jason Day Australian, and they were both dressed so poorly it almost blew my mind. Ricky Fowler is the hot streets. Everybody loved him. He's the guy from who always wore the orange with the long hair, and he started his own clothing line. He was so attractive and so interesting. And Jason Dave, for a good looking guy from Australia, was a bigger winner a few years back. But they were wearing the worst stowes. I'll come back to it. You know what I remember about golf. When I was a young man, I would always go into someone's house, and if I went to someone who's affluent and the guy the father was home on the weekend Saturday Sunday. He'd always be by the TV watching golf, and they invite me to sit down. I'm a date a girl. He'd be watching golf and I watch it and I said, this is a game for old people. When I played it, I realize it's not because if you want to play golf, every part of your body has to work. You need your legs, you need your arms, you need your back, you need your shoulders. You have to be in good shape in order to play golf. Now that doesn't mean you don't see fatsos. You don't see people who are not in the best of shape playing. With all due respect to the fatsos, I have a right to call him that. I was fat for a large part of my life, so get over it. But the point is I watch it on TV and there would be Bobby Jones. They would show you historical pictures of Bobby Jones. He was always dressed elegantly, pleated pants, beautiful belt. In those days they wore dress shirts and ties to play golf, and he looked brilliant. I grew up at the end of Arnold Palmer's career. The man was always elegant, beautifully dressed. He would wear beautiful pants, beautiful golf shoes, gray slacks, black golf shoes. He would wear a light yellow golf shirt with a beautiful Lynx cardig in V neck sweater. He looked brilliant, he looked elegant. Arnold Palmer was a measter in dressing. And then it went on to Sevi Ballisterais always wore a beautiful golf shirt, beautiful matching pants, nice golf shoes that matched. This outfit with a golf shirt and a V neck sweater. Elegant. Jack Nicholas, he showed up. They started wearing plaid pants and a little outrageous, but once you got into it, you could see a lot of time effort went into just being elegant. Even their rain suits were amazing. Then liv Golf came this outshoot of golf, this rogue golf that the Saudi family, the Saudi what's that called the Saudi Sovereign Fund built put in to golf as a threat to the PGA. They're at war with each other. They're going to make a compromise, but they have an offshoot golf organization and they play, and they got some of the best players in the world to come because they offered them a lot of money. And I loved it until they went to shorts. If you ask me, shorts is a signal of the end of society. I hate seeing men in shorts makes no sense. First of all, ninety nine point nine percent of America has ugly legs, and who wants to see him anyway. I don't want to look at your legs, Guys, I want to look at you. If you have to look at you at all, you're inelegant in pants. I don't want to look at your legs. And shorts I hate them. Anybody wears the shorts. I'm with all the respect, I think it's a buffoon. Those of you who see me are gonna tell me how wrong I am. It keeps you cool, balooney, beloney, you wes shorts when it's hot out the sun is beating down on your legs. It's not making you feel cool, it's making you hotter. Look at the Arab nations. They're all dressed in all those heavy garb from their head to toe to keep the sun out because it keeps you cooler. Don't tell me all I know it's the end of society. I don't want to read about Phil Mickelson's calves, which I did when they saw him in shorts for the first time. We had to listen to three weeks of that, which brings me back to Ricky Fowler. He's wearing a hunting golf suit. Hunting you you had to go out and shoot pheasants or hunt bear. That's what he was wearing in golf matching shirt and pants. Disaster disaster. Even the hat was a hunting hat. What are you doing? What kind of statement? Where is the control? I wouldn't have let him play that day if I was the commissioner. And then if that wasn't bad enough, Jason Day comes out in Melbourne, m alb o n. I have one of his shirts. Very cool. He came out in a sweatsuit, sweatpants and a sweatshirt to play golf. All the elegance is gone. It was terrible and I really really start to feel that men have lost their way. I know it. You hear me talk about her all the time, but now it's come on the golf course, which was the final bastions of elegance in America. In my view. You want to go to the Super Bowl? Tell a Swift shows up to all the games. She's dressed, beautifully, dresses, she makeup, she looks great, and then her boyfriend Jason Kelsey comes out into your tracksuit. What's happening, America? We are ruining the world. No, I would tell you. When it comes to fashion, he who seeks attention loses. He just lose. That's not what it's about. I remember back to golf for a second. Harvey Wintraub, who's hyve Win Trump? Harvey Ron Trout is a famous director and deal maker in Hollywood, and Elvis is finally years. He took Elvis on his final tour, convinced the captain to allow him to take Elvis out. He's also responsibil as he directed, and he brought the team together to do Earth Oceans eleven, twelve and thirteen. He was the producer. Amazing guy. I go to the golf course and I see him there and I go, wow, look at this guy. I knew who he was right away. He was wearing bright purple golf shoes, bright purple pants, bright purple shirt, bright purple cardigan sweater. And there he is on the golf course looking like an egg plant. I don't know whatever's purple, and it looked terrible. One of those I've talked about this before. Wow, look at you. And I went over to the low told them I fan. I believe that the appropriate way to then dress would be black golf shoes, gray slacks, a light purple, a light purple shirt, and a light purple sweater. If you want to took purple that is wow, that looks nice. I've talked about this, maybe even last week. I don't remember. He who seeks attention loses. You know, I love to fly. I love to fly on planes because no one in the back in the day could find me. There were no cell phones, no texting. Nobody knew where you were. You're on the plane. You were left alone. I used to love golf fashion. Both now are classes because first class versus schmuck class. That's still the case. There's only two glasses on a plane, first class of schmuck class. I've flown the boat. But class does matter. If you're getting in first class. There's a way for you to behave. You should dress well, You should behave, You should be grateful, you should be patient, you should appreciate. Money doesn't buy your class, and we see this all the time. Manners and upbringing derives class. So before we remove men from the fashion dockets of the world, before you continue to ruin it. If you keep looking like crap, women won't want to be with you anymore. If they won't want to be with you anymore, we won't procreate the species, and we'll all be gone. Please remember class and dressing well still manners in this world and business. Removal the jacket and tie doesn't say you could wear anything you want. You're still in a competitive environment. You still have to look your best. I feel i'm talking on deafias because on top of everything else, all these trends that are coming from men, from wearing dresses to kilts, the brown shoes to shoes with sneakers, with suits with white bottoms. I'm getting really frustrated, but I'm going to leave it to this. We live in interesting times. You're allowed to do whatever you want, You're allowed to mess up, you're allowed to be wow, but it doesn't mean it's right. I'll take a break. We're back in a minute. Some more interesting times.
Speaker 2: Always in fashions.
Speaker 3: As one of the world's most celebrated fashion designers. Carl Lagafeld was renowned for his aspirational and cutting edge approach to style. His unique vision of Parisian shit comes to America through car Lagofeld Paris. He has women's collections, men's collections, ready to wear, accessory, shoes and bags. The fashion house Carlagofeld also offers a range of watches, I wear and premium fragrances. You can explore the car Lagovol collection at car Lagofelparis dot com. But it's more than that. I have for one, love to shop. I love going around and seeing what's happening and what catches my attention, what would make me feel good to wear now. I don't wear the women's wear obviously, but I can appreciate it and they look amazing. If you want to look right, you want to have clothes that fits you well. You want to look like you're wearing something that's very expensive, that's exclusive for you and yours. You can find it at very affordable prices at Macy's Orcarlagofel dot com, Paris. The women's ready to wear fashion is extraordinary, as well as the handbags and the shoes. I, for one, wear men's clothes, unlike my appreciation of women's clothes. I'm a modern guy. I want to look current. I want to look the way I want to feel. I go out at night, I'm in black and Carlagafel is my buddy. Carls are great, they fit great, and they have little tweaks and touches, whether it's a stripe on the sleeve or button at the neck or on the shoulder. There's a lot of details that go into Carlagafel because he's always been, he always had been one of the world's great designers, and this legacy and goes on and on. I can't speak enough about it except to say to you, you want to feel good about yourself. You want to know that you're dressing properly. You want to clothes that fits you well. Carl Lagafeld, Paris, Carl lago Feldparis dot com. I love polar fleece. It's lightweight, takes colors beautifully, it's comfortable, keeps you warm, and even if it's warm out, it doesn't hamper you. It doesn't make you perspire. I love polar flees. I also love sweatshirts, and sweatpants. Love them, love them, love them. I'm a big fan of khaki pants and a big fan of a golf clothes, and I'm a big fan of Izid. I used to be the head of Iszide. In fact, my company bought it and out of bankruptcy, and the CEO of the company asked me to come in and fix it. And he said to me, Mark, the future of the company's in your hands. Can you do this? And I said, I will do it. I put everything, my heart and soul into making Eyeside the powerhouse that it is today. Now. I left a long time ago and the company just continues to thrive. Isid is one of the great sweater maker's pants, make a shirt makers, knit shirt makers, polar shirt makers. They're incredible company. The colors are great, the fabrics are great. Guys, you ever wonder what you should wear, I'll make it easy for you. If you're going to be casual, go in and look at Isesid. Now that doesn't say that they don't have dress shirts and they don't have suits. You go find them. Is a collective brand that offers lifestyle apparel to everyone in America. And it's true. It's a fun brand, but it's also priced at fun prices everyone can afford it. I love this brand. Of all the brands that I'm involved with and you can name them, think about PVH and LVMH and all the brands, ISAOD is the one that's most personal to me because I was involved in crafting the future of this brand. The close of great Fall is great. They're doing well ISAA dot Com, isaacat jcpenny go look for it. I think you're going to be very happy. And ladies, those of you the shopping for the guys in your lives, take a look. I think they'll be very happy with your choices.
Speaker 5: ISAAD for men, welcome back to it. Always in fashion. Here's your host, Mark Webber.
Speaker 3: I've started to wonder about success. We live in interesting times and it's interesting to watch what goes on. I really love what I've been watching with Tom Brady on Internet and everywhere else for that matter. As the goat, the greatest of all time. He's always been elegant, He's always been simple to the point. He might be a little more showy than most people should be. After all, he's lived a big life. But when you hear him talk about football. He talks about it irreverently, how much he respects the game, how much work he put in, how hard he did it, how it never gave up, how he had a vision of how to conduct himself. And for that regard, it's fascinating to watch. I often think about my style and how I behaved when I came in. You know, I had a big personality, and you know I looked a certain way, and because of that, I tried to downplay who I was. I always wore very, very conservative but elegant clothes. My wardrobe, as your listeners you know now, navy blue suit, white shirt, black tails of the loafers, navy tie, sterling, silver cofflinks, day in day out. I had a simple look that tried to play down or complimented a personality. I didn't want to be big personality, big clothes. I didn't want to make statements. I wanted to be under the radar. Although it was someone impossible for me to be under the radar, I did my best to do it. My style was elegant, classic, sophisticated. I didn't brag, I didn't share my plans, I didn't talk goals. I just did my job. And I just did my job better than my peers, often better than who I was reporting to. Now, I didn't engage in conversations of corporate politics. I left the powers to be to kill each other off. And while everyone else was killing each other off, I put my head down and I slipped through the doors of opportunity like a powerful running back, cutting through the line where the opening was made by the line back where the opening was made by the offensive tackles. I was downfield before anyone even knew it. I have a story. There's a guy named Danny Kiseman. He may rest and please. He owed the factory and I think it was Danville, Illinois. Don't hold me too, but it was an Illinois and I and my boss went to see him. One day. They were making windbreaker jackets and someone in the company, the CEO, the founder of the company, said I want you to go down there and see if you could buy those windbreaker jackets. Put it in your sportswear line. Change the label from windbreaking the van using at the time. I want him to sell more jackets. I come to sell to us in the company, and you internalill go. When we went down to visit with Danny and his brother, and we walked the factory, We talked questions, we had dinner. We had a great time together. And up until that point I never really met him. I would see him in the hallway say hello, And at one point he took us aside and he said, to my boss, you're going to be the CEO of this company some day. I have no doubt about it. Not only that the founder, Larry Phillips, the founder's grandson, had told Bruce he was going to be the CEO someday. But me, I was an anomaly. Said you know, Mark, I've seen you around. You always look great, You're always smiling. But I gotta tell you, I always thought you were just a good looking guy in a suit. I had no idea who you are, he said. I just spent the day with you here, having dinner with you. I had no idea how serious you were, how interested in the business you are, and how much you know about what's going on. And I would never have given you the credit for it. In fact, I think that's your greatest difficulty to overcome, and it's your greatest asset, because when time comes, nobody's going to see you coming. You're going to come out of left field and run this place. You're going to be the man. Now. I am just proud knowing I know you, because I know that's going to happen. And sure enough he was right, and I loved hearing it then, and I appreciated that the way I was carrying myself, even though I had when I thought was too big of a personality, worked. I tried to be humble and I tried to do my job. And as I've often said for my buddy Ben Franklin, well done is better than well said. So I say that to all of you. Think about your personality, think about what you're doing, think about how your clothes compliment you, think about what you're trying to achieve. And my advice to you, don't brag, be humble, do your job, and things will come well. On another note, can't help but think about money this week. With all we're finding out from Elon Musk and the government about the wasteful spending of money, it is incredible, sad and making me angry how people don't respect money. My treatise on money is I don't mind spending money, I hate wasting it. I'll buy anything that makes sense, But I don't like wasting money. I don't like buying something, bringing it home and hating it without returning it. I hate it. It's wasteful. I don't like it. Doesn't matter how much I have, how much I want, how much I spend, as long as I don't waste money. And recently I heard a statement from a former executive at PVH. Someone told my son. Someone in the industry told my son at a luncheon, is your father toughest guy I ever met, fairest guy I ever met. And everybody knows that he has the first dollar he ever made. His reputation for making sure money wasn't wasted was legendary. And I know he hasn't spent money, he has saved it. He's provided for future. I don't know if I could do that. I don't want to do I don't know if I want to do it. But I know your father saved his money. And I started to laugh myself. It's a lot better than the woman who called me obnoxious. I worked to succeed at work. I didn't work for the money. I knew the money would take care of itself. You know now that I said, I've told the story again. I apologize, but the new listeners. My first interview, when I got prepped by the guy sending me on the interview, he asked me how much money I wanted to make, and at the time, going back all those years, I was fifty thousand dollars. He goes, what are you talking about. That's the stupidest answer I ever heard. First of all, you're not going to get a first job at fifty thousand dollars. It's just graduate to college. But I'm going to tell you what you're going to say when he asks you how much money you want to earn, You're going to say money doesn't matter to me right now. What matters to me is working for a great company like this, with people who are willing to train me. I will work hard, I will learn, and money will take care of itself. I never worked for money. I always worked to do the job. Money is a means of keeping score as you go along. If you're doing well, you make more money. If you're doing very well, you make even more money, And that's one of the ways that you recognize you're doing a good job. Sometimes I accepted what they paid me. Sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I either felt my worth was more and I fought back and I negotiated with them. It also makes sense if you have the leverage. If they're twelve people like you lined up behind, you might not be a good time to fight. But if you know for a fact that you are not being treated what you believe is fairly right way, with the right words, you have an opportunity to talk and get your point across. You might not get the money right then and there, but you might get it down the road. You put in someone's head that hey, I'm no fool, and if you do it right, you might not get it, but they might respect you the powers to be you might just respect you for the way you negotiated, for what you had to say, for the fact you weren't afraid to talk what you believe was honest. Now, I grant you, that's a tough balancing act, but it's one that I've lived through and done many times managing money. Now, one of the greatest things I want to take a little bit of money I ever heard in my life was a clip I never forgot it from a movie called Gentlemen Preferred Blondes. Marilyn Monroe and I want to play that for you now, because I love it.
Speaker 7: You got the nerve to stand there and expect me to believe that you don't want to marry my son for his money. It's true, then what do you want to marry him for?
Speaker 6: I want to marry him for your money?
Speaker 4: Fair?
Speaker 7: Oh, laural I do you see?
Speaker 6: That's why we have to have his consent? Silly?
Speaker 7: Well, at least we're getting down to brass tacks. You admit that all you're after is money?
Speaker 6: No, I don't, aren't you funny? Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty. You might not marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help? And if you had a daughter, wouldn't you rather she didn't marry a poor man? But you'd wanted to have the most wonderful things in the world and to be very happy. Oh why is it wrong for me to want those things?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I conceive that. Say they told me you were stupid. You don't sound stupid to me.
Speaker 6: I can be smart when it's important, but most men don't like it.
Speaker 3: I applaud Marilyn's honesty. I applaud the writers who wrote it. I think it's funny, cute and clever, and it made a lot of business sense, particularly coming from someone who was a movie actress. I thought they made it look great. I loved it, and I talk about money and spending money. You know, here's a thought for you. You always have to know where you stand always. I had a conversation the other day. What was it like being so successful? Someone asked me. I said, it wasn't what you think. I said. My career had ups and downs. I never knew where I was standing, and I was sitting in a chair, and I said, let me tell you. When someone came into my office meeting me for the first time or wanted advice, they would ask me, what is success like? I said, First of all, you see this chair I'm sitting in. I don't own this chair, and I never forget that for a minute. I don't own this chair. I'm being paid to do a job. There's no guarantee that I will have this chair tomorrow. In fact, what I would do is I would be sitting in my suit. I would open my legs a little, and I said, let me draw an imaginary line between each leg. I pat my left leg and I say this leg is getting promoted tomorrow, and then I'd pat my right leg and say this leg is getting fired tomorrow. And to tell you the truth, I never know which will be the case. So I live my life humbly. I keep my mind on doing the job, and I recognize that politics plays a role, and I do my best to navigate for that in mind. We live in interesting times, and that's what I wanted to talk to you about tonight. I love what's going on in a country. I love the enthusiasm, I love the energy. I love the fact that a president walks into the super Bowl stadium and the crowd goes wild. Forget for a moment it's Donald Trump if you don't like him, But that patriotism, that respect for Aleida, that good feeling that we used to have with all our leaders, needs to come back. And why not let it start with Trump. Democrats support him, Republicans keep him in treck. Let's do the right thing. We live in interesting times. Good Night,