Speaker 1: Show time is here. No time to fear. Corilla is so near because show time is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go. Corilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's show side.
Speaker 4: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something, the best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 1: Have you heard him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Go sigh. Hello, my little hamsters, how are you so very glad you are joining me today? After several thousands of years? We may be at risk of losing something very human and Trump has proved he only cares about himself Once again, We're gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 1: He's a curel cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: Why, hello there, my little hamsters. I've decided if Dame Edna could have possums. Hello, bossoms that I could have little hamsters, because I used to have hamsters when I was a kid and I loved them. They were fabulous little pets. So you're all my little hamsters, and I'm so glad you are joining with me today. Or Correl's Koalas, you could all be my koalas. Hello, my koalas. Oh I like that Correl's kowala Us. So glad you are joining me on this Monday, August eleventh, where it's going to have record breaking temperatures this week in Las Vegas today one hundred and eleven, tomorrow one hundred and twelve. Hey, but what's a few, you know, degrees amongst friends. We've got a lot to talk about today, and I want to start with first of all, I didn't even get to address this last week. I was I'm a big sci fi fan and I grew up with shows like Space nineteen ninety nine, which was we watched in the seventies thinking that's what it would look like in nineteen ninety nine with Barbara Bain and Martin Landau. Loved the show and it was about a moon base. They had a moon base, and there's been other shows about moon bases where they put prisons on the Moon, et cetera. Well, the Trump administration has decided that we need a nuclear power plant on the Moon. But the question becomes, why are they going to run a I don't even know how far the moon is a computer? How far is the moon away? Let's ask this question. Come on, oh, two hundred and forty three thousand miles, So we're gonna need a whole lot of cable, Okay, gonna be like the world's longest extension cord. Because how do they plan to get the nuclear energy from the Moon back to Planet Earth? Or have they not thought that far in advance yet? Who can say?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: But I will tell you this, every single show that I've seen where they put a base on the Moon, it ends up not going well. Also, we don't own the Moon, Okay, no country owns the Moon. So the notion that we could build a base on the Moon on property that we don't own is sort of like your neighbor deciding they're going to build a garage on your house. So that was one of the absurd things that came out of his mouth last week. Then he was just driving back home. I guess in Washington, d C. Back to the White House where he saw homeless people. Well, I see them every day. You see them every day. You have to live around them. I have to live around them. Why because of a complete failure of government. That's why. Well, what does Trump decide? He decides to read Washington, d C of homeless people. But he's also upset at the crime there. So he is now mobilized his brown shirts, the equivalent, and they will go down as this hey national guard in history. If you don't want to go down like Hitler's brown Shirts, then maybe you shouldn't obey this dictator. But whatever, So they're on the streets now in DC. Now, as you know, d C is controlled by Congress. It is not its own self governing city, although they do have a mayor. It is controlled by Congress, and so Trump has decided to take it over. He's now making DC his own personal kingdom. And in his kingdom there shall be no homeless and no lawlessness. Now your kingdom, you could have him sleeping on your lawn. You can have you know, pissing on your garage. You can have them pooping on your car. He don't care about that. Okay, He's allocated. No fund's done nothing for the national homeless crisis, but he will do it for where he lives. Proof that he only cares about himself, that he is not fit to be president just because he does not care about the people of the United States. He only cares about him and his ilk, and so he doesn't want to see homeless people. He doesn't want crime. So he's going to create a little utopia in Washington, d C. By being the dictator of it. He's going to take it over. It's going to be his domain. Sad, tragic, several other words come to mind? Know what what other words you want to come to mind? Could but just par for the course. What was my headline that I wrote the other day that I said was gonna be our our new headline for day to day. I know that I put it down here somewhere, and now I've lost it because this is my note taking book. More harmful, outrageous, and infuriating things happened today as Trump and MAGA continue to destroy America. That's that's our headline, and that's good. I'm gonna have to print that out because that's our headline every day. More harmful, outrageous, and infuriating things happened today as Trump and Maga Republicans continue to destroy America. He's also planning a meeting with Vladimir Putin in Alaska. I guess he's daring Putin to step foot in America. But whatever, you know, and what's gonna come of that? Nothing? Because Zelenski has already said, I don't care what Donald Trump is saying. We ain't giving up any land of Latra Putin, and so we have Zelenski, who should be the only person meeting again. I just like I said about someone wanting to build a garage on your property even though they don't own it. Trump is trying to solve a war that he's not involved in. Okay, we support the Ukrainian efforts, but it is not our war. So what the frack an American president negotiating a deal with the Russian president on behalf of Ukraine? Who doesn't want Donald Trump? They didn't ask Donald Trump. They don't want Donald Trump to negotiate it. You know why isn't Zolenski again? You're because Trump thinks he runs the world. I guess Beyonce was wrong when she said who runs the world? Girls? I guess we now have to redo it that with Trump because in his mind he now runs Washington, DC, and obviously he's in charge of every deal everywhere that must be made for everything. You know, I watched The Gilded Age last night was their finale, and the Russells are supposed to be the Vanderbilts. And when you hear Carrie Coon talk about the real billionaires and the real robber birds, she does not have a fond place for the character that she is portraying. And she says that most very wealthy families are evil and the reason they do charity work is to make themselves feel better about themselves and to try to make the world see them in a better light. She also said that today's billionaires don't even do that anymore. They don't care. The masks are off, they don't care if you think they're evil. They don't care. And that is true. Most of them don't do charity work anymore. Well, Trump, that's who he thinks he is. He thinks he is the mover and shaker of the world. And it's just so sad to see how it's playing out. As Rachel Matt Matto said, in six months, we have become a radically different nation. We are, in fact an oligarchy and dictatorship. And each day he proves that more and more and deploying the National Guard like his brown Shirts. Everywhere he wants something done, he deploys the Guard that's not even his. He can't really do that, but governors are letting him or taking him to court, like Gavin Newsom. So here we have this situation in DC where he's going to clean up the homelessness, well because he didn't want to look at it. Where's he gonna put him? Well, in your town, of course. He doesn't care if they're in your town. He doesn't care if they're destroying your area. He just cares about his town. That's all he cares about. The same with the Ukraine. He doesn't care if the deal is good for Ukraine. He doesn't care if it gives Ukraine what they've been fighting for. He just cares about him getting credit for solving the problem. That's that's all he cares about his dealmates. That's it, all right. When we come back, we've had them since ancient Rome. What are they about to go away? Well, all indications points to get talk about that. Let me return. I'm gonna check the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward slash really Corell. Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl, that's ki e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: In life, we all have things that we like to do, okay, And for me, I love to eat out. Now it's probably a psychological thing because growing up we didn't have a lot of money to eat out, and so it was a very big deal when my family went to a pizza parlor or even a McDonald's because we were broke, and I mean really broke, like got money from st or got food from like Saint Vincent de Paul. They didn't have meals on wheels back then, got food vouchers from the Catholic Church or from other charities. We were poor, like poor, and then we were on food stamps and so we were poor. You know, I grew up poor, and so going out to eat was a big deal, and it was. It made me feel happy to be out with my family having food. So as an adult, I love eating out. Andrew and I ate out all the time. Even if we were dirt dirt poor, we'd count change to go to Taco Bell, we really would. We love to eat out. And then once we had you know, jobs and money and such, we ate out quite a bit. It's one of the reasons I review restaurants. I love to eat out, and of course, of late, much like you, that has become harder and harder, although eating at home is now also extraordinarily pricey. So this weekend we went to lunch Heath and Steve and I at a Greek restaurant, not a high end, you know, just a regular Greek restaurant and lunch for three people where we just had an entree and a beverage. That was it. That was it, and we all split one. Dessert was one hundred and twenty bucks with tip, which is forty bucks a person. Now you might think that seems outrageous, but actually that is pretty much now the going price to go out for lunch, between thirty and forty dollars for lunch. There are some places you can do fifteen to twenty. There are I don't know of any place other than Taco Bell or something where you can do under twenty dollars or under ten. So lunch is expensive, and I started talking to Steve about this. Yesterday I went to Chef Kenny's. I had the half price Crispy beef, which was nine dollars. I had two orders of dim sum, which combined with eighteen dollars, and then a drink tax and tip thirty eight dollars for lunch. And so I told Steve, I certainly can't sustain that. I can't do that every day every other day. So when I first moved to Vegas, I went to lunch about three times a week. Now it's about three times a month. So I started to do some research about restaurants and their societal importance. But first the facts. The cost of everything is. CNN ran a story on this surging beef prices. I don't care about those hamburger meat on the wholesale level. In July, prices were up twenty one percent for restaurants compared to the same month ten years ago. Federal data shows twenty one percent increase in cost to restaurants. Their local cost are sky rocketing, and they don't want to pass it on to the consumer because then they'll just have to close. Their customers won't come the prices of other restaurants staples, coffee, eggs, cocoa, everything butter. In June, food cost overall were up twenty one percent compared to the same month four years ago. In other words, we were better under Joe Biden. Food costs are up twenty one percent for restaurants compared to the same month four years earlier. The rise in food cost outpaced to seventeen and a half percent increase in wholesale prices across the board, so all of their stuff is gone up seventeen and a half percent. Food has gone up twenty one percent. And restaurants operate on a very small margin, so they have a little tiny bit of wiggle room before it cuts into their profits or makes them raise their prices. Tomatoes are out of control, so restauranteurs are feeling price pressure on that front, and on the labor front. They have to pay their servers, good servers more and they're you know, they're not making more, so a lot of restaurants are closing Now, restaurants are not a new new invention. Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome had taverns, cookshops, and thermopolias. These were counters where hot food and wine were sold, mostly to travelers or laborers or people without kitchens. Back in the Roman times. In China, as early as the Song dynasty, which is the tenth of thirteenth centuries, there were bustling eating restaurants with printed menus and specialized cuisines. In the Middle Ages. In Europe, inns and alehouses served travelers and locals. Now they were more about lodging and drink, with food part of the package, not separate restaurants as we think of them, but still they were preparing food and serving it to guest. The birth of the water and restaurant came around in the mid seventeen hundreds. Now the word restaurant comes from restorer ristau r er, which means to restore, which makes sense. Paris, in the mid seventeen hundreds, small shops sold broths and other restoratives to the sick and to the tired. In seventeen sixty five, a Parisian named Boulangere opened a shop selling soups and dishes. That's why when you go to a place that sells soups and sandwiches, it's called a boulingerie because Boulanger opened the first restaurant selling soups and dishes to restore health, and he used the word restaurant in the modern fashion. In post French Revolution in the late seventeen hundreds, many chefs which were employed by the aristocrats. Okay, the Aristo cats, that's a cartoon by the aristocrats. So these chefs were employed by all these rich people. And then after the French Revolution there weren't a lot of rich people, so the chefs had to do something, so they opened public dyna rooms to use their skills and to make money. Isn't that interesting. The chefs that worked for the rich houses ended up having to open public houses because the French overthrew the rich. And of course these had menus, individual tables, and a wide variety of dishes, and that's in the late seventeen hundred seventeen sixty five. By the late eighteen hundreds, restaurants spread to London, New York and beyond, catering to travelers, urban professionals, and eventually the middle class. Restaurants are culturally important. They're social hubs. People meet friends there, conduct business in them, court romantic partners there, hello. They're a cultural archive for regional cuisines. They're the place where we learn food history. They're economic engines. They employ millions of people, support farmers and fishers and supply chains. Their innovation laboratory is for food. Food trends often start in the restaurants, and there are public stages. A lot of people perform in restaurants. If they vanished, we'd have a loss of cultural exchange, economic collapse in many sectors. Urban life would be hugely impacted, social behavior would be hugely impacted, and culinary diversity would disappear. So even since the ancient to Egyptians and Roman times, we've had some sort of way to buy food outside of the house. Well, it looks like the days are numbered. You can't afford to eat out. I have the numbers to prove that. And the only ones that can nowadays are actually the wealthy. If we're being very honest about it, anyone above two hundred thousand a year, okay, they can eat out, But restaurants can't survive on just the risk do you eat out? How often do you read out? Where do you go? I want these comments down below or into chatroom as YouTube dot com forward slash Really Carrel. Hey Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com Forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, Really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support at the show through Patreon. At Patreon dot com, forward slash, Really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog, and let's keep the party going as long as we can. I would like to take this time to individually and personally thank every patron at patreon dot com forward slash really Correl. You're five dollars a month. There are some patrons that are out one hundred dollars a month. You know who you are. It really really matters to the show. That money goes directly into a separate account, which is paying off a loan that I had to take out to pay off stuff for the show. Lights right now, there's one, two, three, four, five, six professional lights that are on right now. There's a green screen behind me. Okay, this is a green screen back here that takes money. This microphone, you know everything, the PowerBook computer, the MacBook Pro that I had to purchase because the software I use wouldn't work on the old computer. So all of that takes money. And there was a twelve thousand dollars loan which has been being paid out of the Patreon It is now down to about eighteen hundred dollars, So you, my patrons, have paid off that loan for all of this equipment. And I thank you because as soon as it zeroed out, I got to do it again. I got to get another computer for out there. It's too old to edit video on and such, so as soon as that's paid off, there'll be another. So thank you all very much at patreon dot com, forward slash relye Corell. Without you, I really could not do this. I would not have the money to do it, and I'd have to stop. So if you're not a patron, please become one. Everybody in the chat room, everybody a grease, everybody a grease. Now. When I said this to my niece yesterday, because she knows how much I love to eat out, and she's a chef, she said, Uncle Charles, eating at home is getting to be just as expensive, and she's right. So I use a meal planner sometimes called Forks over Knives. I highly recommend it. It's a great meal planner. You pay for the year and every week they give you a meal plan, and they give you, you know, shopping and everything. And I went shopping for because the Hungry Root is one hundred and forty nine dollars a week if you use Hungry Root, and that's for six meals that serve two. So that's twelve meals, so for me that's pretty much a week of food. But that's one hundred and fifty three dollars. So I go to the grocery store now with my forks over knife list. It was and this is just to make soups and stews and sandwiches, two hundred and four dollars to buy a week's worth of groceries. Two hundred. Vegan stuff has gone through the roof. It used to be so cheap to be a vegan. Even tofu, which used to be ninety nine cents, is now two ninety nine, so three dollars. It's still cheaper than meat, but still lentils and beans have gone up, up, up, up up. You know, I can't the pizza oven that Daniel gave me. I use it once a week because vegan meats like vegan pepperoni, or vegan sausage. A package of impossible sausage four links, ten dollars. That's two fifty a link. So eating at home, you know. Fruits and vegetables, tomatoes two bucks a pound, pineapples four dollars each, two fifty if you get them on sale. Peaches a dollar fifty to two dollars for eap each. I eat two cups of fruit a day. Every day, I eat two cups of fruit. Do you you should? That's the recommended daily allowance. But my god, kiwis six dollars for a package of eight kiwis. So eating at home is hugely expensive as well, and for one person it almost becomes you know what do I do? So Donald Trump's economy is killing restaurants and no one's talking about it. In the chat room. All of you agree, most of the middle of the road entrees are now fifteen to twenty dollars burgers when you go to a just a regular restaurant, not a drive through, just a regular burger joint, burgers can be as hot. The vegan burger at one of my restaurants is twenty two dollars for a vegan smash burger with a salad, twenty two dollars when you buy two impossible patties for ten dollars. By the time you get the buns, lettuce, tomato, and the potato to make the fries and everything else. Eating is not a luxury. And as Donald Trump is only concerned about himself, and he proved that again by concentrating on the homeless in DC by concentrating on crime in DC and not in your community and not in my community. He doesn't fucking pay for food, Okay, he has no idea how much food costs at a restaurant or for the kitchen. None. He has no freaking clue, So why would it be a problem for him. None of his friends complain about it. Elon Muskeet complain about the price of food. Warren Buffett ain't compelling. You know Mark Zuckerberg, who yesterday was photographed on his three hundred million dollar yacht. Sink that bitch. Sink that yacht and make it into a coral reef. No one should have a three hundred million dollar yacht. While we are worried about eating out, we are in n stage capitalism. The system is collapsing when citizens can't afford food. Over here at the pool over the weekend, they did a food giveaway. They had to turn people away and people were in line with Tesla's with BMW's because it's a trade off either. My friend I was not aware of this. My friend has a truck that he needs for work. His truck payments fourteen hundred dollars a month, can you imagine some of you can actually, So what's given food? We don't have the prices. What is the solution other than deprivation? Oh, I'm strobe lighting, you know. I mean seriously, for people who like to go out to eat like me are and it's a social outlet for me. It's how I see people, it's how I you know, going out to eat isn't just about eating for me. I review the restaurants, I learn about new food, I meet people for lunch like Heath or Steve or whatever. It's not just going. It's not just food. If you take that from me, you're taking a huge part of my life, and it's being taken. All America does now is take. I bet I can afford to go out to eat in Portavarta. All America does now from its citizens is take, and it gives nothing back except drama, expense, financial uncertainty, medical uncertainty, retirement uncertainty. America doesn't give us anything good anymore. All it does is take. And now it is threatening to end a two thousand year old tradition in modern world, and an over twenty thousand year old tradition in you know, ancient Rome and ancient Greece. When it comes to eating out, even poor people in medieval times could eat out. They didn't go to nice restaurants, but they could go into a pub, get a drink and have a bowl of stew or something. Even poor people could do that. Now. Even McDonald's which was poor people food, Taco Bell which was poor people food, even those places are hugely expected. All right, we'll be back tomorrow. We're just getting the week off. I'd love to hear your comments down below. Thank you for chatting in the chat room, Sandy and Phineas and James and Meredith and Ray Vernati and everybody. John Slade where he went to a restaurant. It used to be ten dollars in an entree, now it's fifteen to twenty. I am frelb who you want to be from the Hurt anybody leave tune in Hall during the week and followed me on social media like the scribe comment on the videos Make it Happen children.
Speaker 2: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours listen daily.
Speaker 2: To the CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours listen daily to the.
Speaker 2: CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: You show timas we