Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: A lot of fighting left to do.
Speaker 1: Hey, let the celebration continue though, because of the big victory one obviously, Yeah, the inauguration coming up on Monday. But Trump already improving America in the world in so many concrete ways, and we'll have the.
Speaker 2: Latest of those today.
Speaker 1: And I have shifted from predicting that Pete Hegseth is going to get confirmed to predicting that Pete Hegseth is going to go into office with great momentum. Not only will he be confirmed, he's going into office with great momentum, and I think he's going to be a great change agent. Really shined in a lot of ways that the hearing today. I can watch a wire to wire busy getting ready for a trial. But the video that I've seen, both the pro and con sponsored video, I think he's done really well, including this.
Speaker 3: The wokness comes not from the uniform ranked senator, from the political class on day one on January twentieth, when President Trump is sworn in, he.
Speaker 2: Will issue a new set of lawful orders, and.
Speaker 3: The leadership of our services will have an opportunity to follow those lawful orders or not. Those lawful orders will not be based on politics. They will be based on readiness, accountability, standards, and lethality. That is the process by which leaders will be judged. And accountability is coming, because everybody in this room knows.
Speaker 2: If you're a rifleman and you lose.
Speaker 3: Your rifle, they're throwing the book at you. But if you're a general who loses a war, you get a promotion.
Speaker 1: See that is perfect, and that's inspiring. That helps America. And here's the point that when you have the skill set he has first he had in the military, right, he walk the talk. But then you know his on air stuff which the left tries to use against him. All Wait a second, not all, but many of the great figures in history have accomplished tremendous things for the free world are people with superior communication skills.
Speaker 2: He has those. That's important.
Speaker 1: That was on display today and that went a long way towards short circuiting. You know, his hysterical opposition eight five five for zero five two five to five the number text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: But so much.
Speaker 1: Locally that we need to talk about, right, because we have this horrific situation where we had a serial killer, a serial mass killer loose on the mall. The fact that two of us three stabbing victims survived on Saturday doesn't change the fact he meant to kill all of them, and he grotesquely, gruesomely slit the throat of a flight attendant so by at the latest, early Saturday night, the City of Denver officials they knew they had a mass killer, a serial mass killer loose who was targeting them all. Somebody in my count seriously protected opinion. But it's not a stretch, right, somebody made the decision not to warn the public about that. I'm not saying they didn't issue some kind of statement. I'm telling listen, you want to warn the public, say their own sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, uncles and aunts, we're going to be down on the mall. You think they would have settled for some little tweet they send out or some little statement. No, it would have been a five line far get your ass off the mall, don't go anywhere near there. We got a serial killer loose on the wall. Any decent human, any decent human, would have used every means of communication possible to warn everybody, everybody in America, but certainly everybody in Colorado. We have a serial killer loose on the mall. But they didn't. And why didn't they? You know why they didn't. But it's unforgivable, it's inexcusable, and it's a disqualifier for whatever position they hold. And if the mayor did not know, if he's that out of the loop, he shouldn't be mayor. If he did know, and then.
Speaker 2: He decided not to warn the public, he not.
Speaker 1: Only should be mayor, he should just he shouldn't be in any position anywhere.
Speaker 2: So we need the truth here. And what did we get yesterday?
Speaker 1: We got a grotesque, perverse, obscene victory lap taken by Mayor Mike Johnston down on the mall of all places, after a few seconds of lip service to the victims, he did what he'd come to do. He took a victory lap because he obviously doesn't care about innocent victims, or else he would have warned everybody, and you sure wouldn't go to that spot, and how obscene, how disrespectful to the victims and their families to go down to the mall and then do a victory lap about how great Denver is, you know, where the blood had probably barely been cleaned up, you know, from the mass killer targeting the mall. And so then we get one of the instant classic moments in Denver history. And then we'll get to the next way that they're making the Democrats are making Denver and Colorado less safe.
Speaker 2: But we get one of these great moments.
Speaker 1: Right because this twisted sister kind of move of going down to the mall to declare victory after this carnage. He's then doing this presser and if you go watch the video, we'll get the whole video posted. It's it's unbelievably informative because first you hear Johnston repeatedly have to call on the chief to come up, and then you watch the chiefs sort of reluctantly drag himself up there. He wanted no part of that, he wanted no part of that, and then Johnston insists he comes up, and then the guy who's doing the signing, and God love him. I don't fault the guy who's doing the signing, you know, because that's that's like his big moment, right, he's on camera and everything else, and it's clear that he's got this big smile on his face and he's doing all this. The whole thing was bizarre. The whole thing was absolutely bizarre. And then finally some sanity introduced into the event when this guy walks by and he just starts yelling at Johnston and you have bleeped this right, extensive law man.
Speaker 2: You must have carpel tunnel for leaping this right.
Speaker 4: I saw you in the Great Tower, Mayor. This is your fault, Prime woman.
Speaker 2: Democrats are burning the city down.
Speaker 5: Short talk city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I've read today you couldn't see it on camera that he was the administration did have moved out by police. And so this brings us to you talk about crime loving democrats burning the city down. We see it in so many different forms, right, And here's another one. This absolute madness of the needle exchange programs. I mean, why don't you just take full page ads out everywhere in the country and plaster social media with the big ad blitz saying all drug addicts please come to Denver. Please come to Denver and listen. I have great compassion for people or addicts. Any of us could become an addict at any minute if we exposed ourselves to that stuff. You know, these chemical dependencies are very sad, and when people share needles and terrible things happen, that's very sad. But the answer isn't to undermine the community.
Speaker 2: As a whole.
Speaker 1: The answer is to get people who have addictions help so they don't have addictions anymore. The answer is not to encourage and facilitate and green light it and to track more people with addictions to Denver.
Speaker 2: But that is what they have done.
Speaker 1: And now now these these crazy lefty democrats in Denver want to expand it.
Speaker 2: Here's the KUSA store right now.
Speaker 5: Denver City Council is still discussing whether to increase access for needle exchange programs in the city. City councils considering lifting the limit on how many providers can operate and getting rid of a ban on needle exchanges less than a thousand feet from.
Speaker 2: A school or daycare.
Speaker 5: Our Angela McCall's been listening in on this debate which continues Angeline.
Speaker 6: While this has been a topic that's divided council and one the mayor has expressed his own hesitancy about. Right now, Denver has three needle exchange programs. One of them is mobile, two fixed locations where people can swap out dirty syringes for clean ones. One of those service providers needs to move and they say they can't find a new location due to the restrictions that have been in place in large parts, due to that one thousand requirement from being from a school or daycare. The sponsors of the bill say overdose deaths have doubled since the pandemic, when they were already high. They have data that suggests seven thousand people each month use these needle exchange sites.
Speaker 2: And we'll get to the rest of this after a break.
Speaker 1: You know why overdose deaths are going up because the Democrats are encouraging drug use in many, many different ways. You've just green lighted drug use, and somebody has a call to call marijuana a soft drug, give me a break, even the old marijuana. But you look at the potency levels of the new stuff. You know, the left in Colorado. Democrats in Colorado have done just about everything imaginable to encourage more drug use. That's why overdose deaths are going up. Yet they want to further encourage more drug use. What do you think the real endgame is here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Because any moron can see that these needle exchange programs are going to further drug use and they're going to attract more addicts to Colorado. So why does the left want to do that? You tell me when we come back from this break. You can text as well. Da N five seven seven three nine. Why does the left want to do this? Why does it want more drug use in Colorado? Why does it want to attract more drug users to Colorado? Why does it want a green light and try to normalize this drug use? But we know this is right, bottom line, very bad for the community. But guess what, you can't stop it because Democrats control Denver. When do you think that will change? I've got a theory. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be sure this.
Speaker 1: Somebody in that administration in Denver knew there was a serial killer loose on the mall, and every reasona believe he was going to keep killing. Somebody made that decision not to tell you, not to tell the public. I'm not talking about some little statement. I'm talking about making sure people are warned. If you go down on that mall, if you go down on that mall, you got to know there's a serial killer may very well be down there looking for a victim right now.
Speaker 2: Because they knew this.
Speaker 1: They knew this, you could have police walled wall down the mall, and unless you had warned people, then everybody was in danger. Because the very best police force in the world, and we have so many great officers in Denver, so many great officers in Denver.
Speaker 2: You can't stop You can't stop.
Speaker 1: A serial killer like this one who they know had just cut the throat of a flight attendant on the mall, and it stabbed two others all within an hour, meaning to kill all three. You knew a few things for sure. You can't stop them. You can a police everywhere in somebody that determined to kill that psycho. All they have to do they walk down the mall. They could be walking right next to two police officers and they just pull out that knife and they stab that victim in front of them. So the only way This is the point, right, they knew this. The Denver administration knew this. The only way to protect the people is to warn them so they don't go there, or they make a choice whether to go there or not. But somebody in that Denver administration made the decision not to warn the people, and that is completely obscene and unforgivable.
Speaker 2: And you know why they did it too.
Speaker 1: Right, But we're going to do everything in our power under the law to get to the bottom of who made that decision. Now, you have to believe the mayor was told. Right, you have a serial killer loose on the mall's just cut the throat of an out of state flight attendant, shopping on the mall and a layover, and you don't think they're going to tell the mayor.
Speaker 2: Well, if the mayor.
Speaker 1: Did know, then it was his responsibility to warn the people or give the order to warn the people.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He's not camera shy.
Speaker 1: He proved that last night when he did his obscene victory lap with the blood barely cleaned up.
Speaker 2: So we're going to do everything we can under the law to get to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Of what the mayor knew, when he knew it, and who made that decision not to tell the people. Now, if the mayor knew, well, then doesn't it seem logical that he made the decision not to tell the people because he's the mayor and once he knows, he has the power to tell the people or order somebody to. Now, this is a disqualifier. Nobody should hold any job, any public responsibility whatsoever if they were involved in the decision not to warn the people, because the only way to protect the people was to warn the people. And then we're talking about other craziness in Denver, which affects the whole state, right because when you put out a sign saying drug users please come to Denver.
Speaker 2: Whose song was that, Ryan, Please come to Denver for the springtime?
Speaker 1: When you put out that sign drug users please come to Denver, it endangers everybody. But that's what they have done. And now they want to expand the needle exchange program. Let's go to Mead, Colorado. We'll talk to Tom. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 8: Welcome Tom, Hi Dan, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm living the dream, my friend? Thank you? Not on them all right?
Speaker 8: Okay, So here's the thing with the needle exchange deal. I do think the homeless crisis in Denver is part of a very large grift. They could edit if they wanted to, But they want to promote more drug use, to promote more homelessness. And I'd like to get your taken that am I wrong on this? I mean, who's making money on this? Because somebody is well, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, but I respectfully disagree. I think the motivation and there is a clear perverse motivation on the part of the elected left to promote more drug use.
Speaker 2: But that's because the more drug.
Speaker 1: Users you have, the more people you have dependent on government, which means the more votes for the left.
Speaker 2: That's their motivation in my humble opinion.
Speaker 8: Well, I think we do agree on that. But I mean it's just like, uh, you know, you got you know, you subsidize something, you get more of it.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, listen, there's no doubt you're right. We've talked about it on the show Tom. Obviously, the left is motivated to attract more homeless to Denver, and they've done so many different things, starting with the most obvious, right, which is Johnston on his inauguration day saying, come to Denver, we will get you a home. You can't be any more blatant th neck. So you are right, they want to attract more homeless to Denver.
Speaker 8: Right exactly. And that's and you know, you throw in the very lax drug lads, and you get even more subsidize it, you get more. So I'm just kind of curious who's benefiting from this because it's not us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, right, it completely.
Speaker 1: It so undermines just the people of the state, you know, both part these all parties, no parties at all. It undermines the rest of the state to be attracting more homeless to Colorado. And listen, any of us could be that homeless person. So I'm not sitting here judging, criticizing, viewing as less or any homeless person, because everybody has a story and whether and you know the drill, right, whether it's drugs, alcohol, mental illness, a combination, yeah, you have. Because the left is encouraging that too. You have a new wave of folks who just want to live on the street. But I think that's a relatively small percentage. So those are all very sad stories and they could all be us. But the answer is not to encourage more of it, not to were house them in taxpayer funded hotels. The answer is not to undermine the quality of life and to a certain extent, safety of everybody else in society.
Speaker 2: That's not the answer.
Speaker 1: You've just got a Democratic party controlled by the left, which clearly their game plan is for survival and thrival.
Speaker 2: New word, please copyright it.
Speaker 1: Their game plan is open borders, let everybody flow in from everywhere in the world, because we're betting they're going to be Democrat voters, most of them, and attract the homeless to Denver in large numbers because eventually, you know a certain number of them, they're going to get registered to vote, and they're going to vote for us because they're going to be dependent on government. That's their plan to win. It's not serving the interest of the people. That is their plan to win in Colorado, and so far they've been getting.
Speaker 2: Away with it. What does that tell you?
Speaker 1: Eight five to five or zero five A two five five texters Dan how to clean needles prevent overdoses. Seems to me it would encourage more usage because now they don't have to look around to find a needle. It obviously encourages more uses. It normalizes this hard drug use. But marijuana has become a hard drug, look at the potency and it always was really so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they want to do.
Speaker 1: Judge their intent by their actions, right, that's what they want to do. As I always tell Jerry's, you know, don't expect them to get up on the stand and break down, crying and admit it. This ain't Perry though I have had those moments. It is judged their intentions by their actions.
Speaker 9: As the son of an alcoholic, Dan, would you go up to an alcohol because they hear here's a free shot, Take a shot. I don't understand this mentality of we're just going to enable their addiction. Give them free clean needles. Hey, at least they're clean, get them help. Well, you all just want to clarify the record.
Speaker 1: I'm not the son of an alcoholic, but but they don't care about those people, Ryan right, right, right, And.
Speaker 9: I am the son of an alcoholic Dan right, No, And I know that really infers me and a lot of people in our audience who have family members who are addicts don't want those addictions enable.
Speaker 1: The point is they don't care about the addicts. They don't care about these people. They don't care about the weekend defenses. They don't care about anybody except themselves. They don't care about individual human lives. It's just a completely different worldview than a guy like you, Ryan, and so many people listening who see the inherent value and dignity in each human life, they don't view They view most human lives as and acceptable casualty.
Speaker 2: Rate. You're on the Dan Kaplas.
Speaker 7: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good pull combination of Seeger and that message, because you know, no matter where you are in Colorado, but you are endangered by what's going on in Denvert right now. When you've got the left actively trying to recruit more drug users to Colorado, that affects everybody, and you've got to start. You've got to start with these poor souls who are addicted. Right It could be any of us. It could be any of us, It could be anybody.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 1: It's a great sadness, but that sadness shouldn't lead us to make mistakes that are at least as likely to end up harming those poor souls and certainly undermine the community. Think about what the left is trying to do right now. They're not only trying to add more of these needle exchange locations when they should be get rid of all of them. They're trying to change the laws. We can have them right next to schools and daycares. Schools and daycares. What does that tell you? And Ryan, let's pull the sound. We had sound ready to go a couple of weeks ago. Do you remember the person had an unusual name, but it was some leader in Denver saying, no kids need to see people using drugs. I'm not making this up. We'll find that sound. But that's what's going on in Denver right now. That's on the heels of my personal belief and I'm doing everything I can to use the law to gather the facts to prove what I believe to be true. Is that somebody in Denver, at a very high level, made the decision not to warn the public that there was a serial killer loose on the mall who may very well kill again. And they knew that. They knew that at the latest early Saturday evening in Denver. So what did the mayor know and when did he know it? Because at that point, obviously it was his responsibility to warn everybody or give the order, because you know, from a public safety standpoint, the the only way to protect people is to warn them, because when you've got a psycho serial killer, they're not going to be deterred by police.
Speaker 2: They're a psycho.
Speaker 1: Serial killer, and the only way to protect people is to warn them so they can make the decision whether or not to go downtown Denver. And then again, totally predictable, totally expected the serial killer kills again, and obviously they already knew from the mo he was highly likely to kill again. But it's also very clear he intended to get caught.
Speaker 2: So the only way.
Speaker 1: That you can protect the public is to warn them before he kills again. So what did the mayor know and why didn't he warn the public? Who made the decision not to warn the public. So we're going to continue to dig on that. On a far less serious but still very important note, Coach Prime, as I said when we were first on this show, at least in Colorado, to call for Coach Prime to come to Colorado to Coach as I said.
Speaker 2: The day he arrived, that he's so good.
Speaker 1: We know that he will leave at some point, and we just got to be grateful for every day we have with him.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's not some deaty or anything.
Speaker 1: He's just been a tremendously powerful force for good in Colorado and that time could be now right, it could be to the Dallas Cowboys. If I'm betting you Ryan, if I am betting you the Family Truckster, I bet that he stays, and that these communications with Terry Jones right now with your national.
Speaker 2: News s I just put out a piece a.
Speaker 1: Few minutes ago saying it's very real possibility he'll be leaving for Dallas. If I'm betting the Family Truckster, I bet that he stays and that these conversations are intended to help secure a big, long term deal in Boulder. Could be yeah, which doesn't mean he's going to stay forever.
Speaker 7: But there's two things.
Speaker 9: And I'm not deon sanders personal confident on or anything, but just as a long time sports fan and member of sports media, there's two things that should keep on Sanders here. One, he is king of the Castle and Boulder. He'll never be run out of town. He owns it. And secondly, I think by virtue of like you said, this negotiation, he can set himself up for whatever he wants down the road and you have to be careful with somebody like Jerry Jones. I don't think there's enough room in that building at and T Stadium for the two egos that are Jerry Jones and Dion Sanders. It'll be very similar to when Jimmy Johnson was there. They were successful at first, but Jerry ended up running him off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was a young man then. And here's my point.
Speaker 1: And then we'll get back to the nonsports stuff and we'll save sports for our commercial breaks.
Speaker 2: But here's the point.
Speaker 1: Jones was much younger then, right, He's much older now, and I think he really wants another trophy before he goes to the Great Gridiron in the sky. And so now I think I think he realizes we had this problem in Denver, Right, we had this problem in Denver when Elway was GM. And I admire John Elway tremendously for everything he's done for the community on a charitable level and as a quarterback. But because of on Elway's ego in Denver, we were always going to have milk toast coaches because no big personality, big ego, big figure head coach like most top coaches was going to come to Denver and be second fiddle to John Elway. John Elway was always going to be the face of the Broncos. So we had the John Foxes of the world, right And so that's the way it's been in Dallas. But now Jerry Jones, I think Ryan I don't know him, but he may be at the point where he's willing to back off a little bit to get another trophy.
Speaker 7: Said that before.
Speaker 9: I don't think he can help himself the minute beyond the minute Dion had, you know, an issue, a roadblock, a losing streak, Jerry Jones would have to say something he couldn't contain himself, and that would get I think on a guy like Deon Sanders, with his gravitas, with his skill, he'd get.
Speaker 7: On his nerves.
Speaker 1: No, but you understand you're bringing in the face of the franchise. It's no longer going to be Jerry Jones. It's going to be Deon Sanders. You only do that if you view him as your best chance to win. Would be wise to view him as your best chance to reinvigorate the fan base to be America's team again, Colorado's America's college football.
Speaker 2: Team now because of Dion said, You're exactly right.
Speaker 9: All I'm going to point to is history and look at every head coaching hire by Jerry Jones in Dallas since Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 7: They've all been subservient to him.
Speaker 9: Barry's what's happened, Jason Garrett, I know they Well, they's.
Speaker 2: A choice, right, and I think his choices. He wants to win, I hope, and I.
Speaker 1: Predict with rose colored classes, Prime's choice will be to stay in Boulder.
Speaker 2: He's gonna made again.
Speaker 7: He's got it made here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does, he does.
Speaker 1: And I think this conversation may be it's beneficial to both, right, because it helps generate interest in the Cowboys and get people excited about the cowboys at a time there's no other reason to be excited about the Cowboys. But it probably helps Land Dion because listen, see you right now is probably after a lot of deep pocket donors to come up with the money to get d on what one hundred and fifty million over ten years or something like that, and.
Speaker 2: This will help get that money. Dan.
Speaker 1: One thing for sure, says a Texter, is that the mayor's wife wasn't hanging around the mall at the time. The serial killer was present. This goes to a point I made earlier.
Speaker 2: You can be.
Speaker 1: Darnshure, darnshure that if if the mayor anybody in command in Denver knew that their loved one was thinking of going to the mall, that they were worned not to because the mayor had to know. Right maybe he was out of the loop, which would be even worse. But Denver administration, somebody knew by six thirty Saturday night they had a psycho serial killer on the loose on the mall because he meant to kill all three. It's like if you shoot three people on the mall, you mean to kill all three, and he'd slit the throat of the flight attendant. So I don't mean to personalize this in a family sense for the mayor, but this is one of the few occasions when there's a practical, concrete point to be made. Be sure that nobody in the know was letting any family member go to the mall because there was every reason to believe that that psycho serial killer was going to kill again on the mall. Uh Dan, Enough of the ed drug ads. Please explaining those to my kids during prime hours is sick.
Speaker 2: Get rid of? Do we have those?
Speaker 1: Ryan, I don't get to listen to the commercial breaks, the ED drug ads.
Speaker 2: I don't know what ED means. But do you know do we have such ads?
Speaker 9: I think maybe on our own station we do for Denver, for Denver, Okay, yeah, listen where?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I believe me.
Speaker 1: I completely understand the concern because especially when, like Joe was young and we've sitting there any ballgame, we're watching those ads come on. I remember the first time he turned to me and he said, I wish I could do the voice because he's twenty seven. Now, Dad, what's what's viagra? And said, I don't know, Son, I don't know. That's the only good answer there now.
Speaker 6: Literally, Trevor asked us, why is that guy throwing a football through a hoof?
Speaker 2: Not the whole thing? Dan?
Speaker 1: Why is it called a needle exchange program when in fact drug addict is not required to exchange an old needle for a new needle.
Speaker 2: Andy, Because they don't want.
Speaker 1: To call it a drug users, please come to Colorado program. Right, they don't want to call it a drug use encouragement program. And I understand you've got some people in the program. We're well intentioned and they want to make sure addicts don't infect others get infected, et cetera. But even if somebody's well intentioned involved in this, I think there's a broader purpose on the left and they don't. The broader left, the political left doesn't care about these drug users at all. They're using them like they use everybody else. But one thing they all know right is it has the impact of encouraging drug use, promoting drug use, and attracting drug use to Colorado. No honest person can deny that effect. Eight five zero five two five five will come back. Text are exploding right now and they should be here on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's shining today.
Speaker 3: The focus comes not from the uniform ranked senator from the political class. On day one on January twentieth, when President Trump is sworn in, he will issue a new set of lawful orders, and the leadership of our services will have an opportunity to follow those lawful orders or not. Those lawful orders will not be based on politics. They will be based on readiness, accountability, standards, and lethality. That is the process by which leaders will be judged and accountability is coming. Because everybody in this room knows. If you're a rifleman and you lose your rifle, they're throwing the book at you. But if you're a general who loses a war or you get a.
Speaker 1: Promotion, great point great communicator, and a great communicator has a better chance to be a great leader. So I'd predicted all along access would be confirmed. Now I believe he's not only going to be confirmed, he's going to hit the ground running with a lot of momentum and a chance to really be great in the job.
Speaker 2: Glad you're with us. We're talking about the one of.
Speaker 1: The biggest scandals in Denver history, which is that somebody made the decision not to warn the public there was a serial killer loose on the mall, knowing that decision not to give the people what they deserved and had a right to this warning. This information could very well lead to somebody being killed. Probably would lead to somebody being killed, But they made that decision. Anyway, Who made that decision? What did the mayor know? When did he know it? And we're doing everything we can within the law, within the power of the law gives us to get to the bottom of that, because that should be a disqualifier for any office. If it's the mayor, as I suspect, I can't prove it, but as I suspect it was at that point, he shouldn't be allowed to continue a single additional day in office. There can be no greater scandal for a mayor of Denver than to know that there's a serial killer loose in a very specific area and make a decision not to warn the public. Right you think if one of his family members was going to the mall, they would have been warned.
Speaker 2: So let's follow the facts see where they lead.
Speaker 1: But can somebody give me a scenario where the mayor would not have been informed? Maybe he wasn't, which would be even worse. Right, would speak so poorly of him and end of the entire chain of command. But is it even imaginable that he wasn't informed. If he wasn't, we need to know that too. If he wasn't informed, somebody else made the decision not to warn the public. That person should not be in a position of public responsibility as I go to the phone lines, Because here's the undernoabl truth. The only way to protect the public was to warn him. You could put every one of Denver's finest in they are great men and women in blue. You could put every one of them on the mall, and you could not protect the unknowing members of the public, unknowing that there's a serial killer loose targeting them all. You couldn't protect him because by definition, a psycho serial killer isn't worried about being caught, as this one clearly was, and he wanted to be caught. They caught him because he was running down the mall with the big butcher knife after killing somebody else, after somebody in the administration decided not to warn the public. That is one of the worst scandals in Denver history. Let's go to the phone lines. We'll go to Joe in Arvada. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Hey, Dan, Yeah, yeah, I couldn't agree more on this Denver thing. But also, hey, thanks for your praise for Pete. Hegsas as a as a former marine, well once a marina. O. H. I mean, he's just he is such the best choice, such the best choice. But anyway, the reason I called, I'm sure your call Springer told you. I thought you know, clothes show up with some levity. So you were talking about ED ED, right, I was dysfunction.
Speaker 1: Well, what what do you got for us?
Speaker 4: Okay? So this is Easter at the church, right, And you go to the church, and you know many churches the one I go to as all the little kids come to the front, and you know, the preacher or priest talks to him and so he's asking these little boys and girls what they know about their resurrection. And a little boy raises his hand. But this is wholesome, ame.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could tell.
Speaker 4: Little boy raises his hand and he says, I'm sorry for a resurrection lasting more than four hours. You should call your doctor.
Speaker 7: Joe.
Speaker 1: I'd say, appreciate the call, but I'm not sure i'd mean it. No, thank you, Joe, appreciate the call.
Speaker 7: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this all springs off a texture earlier who was upset that apparently the worst some ED spots in the prior break. So, and believe me, I told him, as having been the parent of young kids at one time, I share his concern.
Speaker 2: Dan says a text.
Speaker 1: How about holding the police departments responsible for not towing and writing for unregistered and expired tags. Obviously, you don't blame the men and women on the street for that. Those decisions are made at the political level.
Speaker 2: You can be.
Speaker 1: Sure dan On behalf of the tens of millions that will be watching the inauguration. It's only feelings of joy and relief that we don't have to see. Oh and then it goes on to some choice words about Michelle Obama. Listen, the fact that she's chosen to skip the inauguration is a very good thing. It is a very good thing because it is the ultimate ultimate victory over the left right, and you know, and she epitomizes the left, though she tried to present a different front, and so it is an ultimate victory over the left when she won't even appear, and it hurts her, which is a good thing because she is the best the left has in terms of a candidate, So it hurts her for any future race.
Speaker 7: With her gone. Do you think the bromance between Barack Obama and Donald.
Speaker 1: Trumpkins that is a great point, And I hope it does because it's good for the country. That video was very good for the country. Apologies to everybody who didn't get through. You can call us tomorrow. And we promised to start the show with you Texters as well. I'll try to get in some of these evergreen texts tomorrow as well. No, you're right, Ryan, that video Barack Obama and President Trump laughing together, talking, sitting very closely. That's good for the country. So you're right, better chance we see that at the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ryan, Thank you. Kelly. Join us tomorrow please on the Dan Keplish