Speaker 1: All right, it's the Been and Skins Show ninety some point one of the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Now we like to give stuff away, and we have tickets to the MAVs Hawks game that is Wednesday, April the second. Now, in order to win those tickets, you need to have that iHeart app. It's free app. You should have it already, My God, download that bad boy if you have it now.
Speaker 2: There's a talkback feature on it.
Speaker 1: You can listen to all the shows, podcasts, stream all that stuff. But when you're streaming, there's a little talkback feature to microphone. You click on it, you can leave a thirty second message. The second person that leaves a message with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer what state has been in this weekend? Not mentally or emotionally physical state? There was a state one of the fifty of the Union. He was there to visit his son. His whole family went this weekend. We were just talking about it in the last segment. If you know, you know, and the second person that knows and leaves the message will win the those tickets. We'll talk about whether or not Anthony Davis will be a Maverick here in uniform tonight or tomorrow or Thursday or when we'll do that in around the Sports.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Juicys hot God come.
Speaker 2: Stay on top in the woot shovel.
Speaker 3: Two iconic Texans dead and we need to peddle tribute here real quick. We'll start with George Foreman, age seventy six born in Marshall, Texas out East, died in Houston. George Foreman known for many things.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 3: My favorite George Foreman fun fact is of his twelve kids. He has five sons, all named George.
Speaker 2: It's very rougie, but.
Speaker 3: They'll to tell them apart though you would have to give them other names. So not to tell them apart, but to decipher their you know, future, George second, George the third, George the fourth. But what he would do is he did.
Speaker 2: To decipher their future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because yeah, would you know which one are you? To other people, I can tell you a part, but to a stranger you wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to decipher their future, decipher for their future. You needed to.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna if you're they're all in the backyard and you have to yell for one of them to come in and do something. You have to decipher their future and tell them which one will in the future come in the house.
Speaker 2: If you're a stranger, right right, Yeah, he knew them.
Speaker 1: Otherwise someone would just distinguish them apart by something different.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So you and the red shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's George two, George three, George four, George five. There's five of them, really the old numbers. Oh yeah, and this is what's this is what's beautiful about it. Now.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's got seven daughters. One of them is named Georgetta. What about Georgina. They didn't he didn't do a Georgina. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: The girls have pretty normal names outside of Georgietta.
Speaker 2: Could be a Georgianna. By the five dudes, this is amazing. Yep.
Speaker 3: George Foreman has a kid. He's like, okay, let's get that one. Okay, George the second, we'll call him Red Okay. The next one, Georgia thirds the name, but internally we'll call him Monk. Has third one, we'll call him George Junior. Has a fourth one, we'll call him Big Wheel. George the fifth we know him, but we'll call him Little Joey. Those are just five kids, all know George, but those are the names they have to go by because he named them all George.
Speaker 1: Does one of them go around now they're probably on their like forties and stuff. Does that guy go around and go, hey, man, I'm big wheel.
Speaker 3: I'm big Will Foreman in Red Foreman the name of the dad on that seventies show.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: That's pretty wild. Did you guys?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did you guys have big wheels? Yeah? Half? Yeah, dude, do you remember did you have one? Christians?
Speaker 6: I did not know what really?
Speaker 2: Why why do you say it like that?
Speaker 6: But I had transformers instead?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But a big you know what a big wheel is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: The one?
Speaker 6: I'm thinking of? A cartoon where he rode around in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Bicycle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you rode around on a transformer?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I well, at first I thought little hot wheels cars, and then big wheel.
Speaker 6: You're right, is the initial thing I thought of.
Speaker 4: Right, but when those came out, and I didn't know the reason I was asking is because I didn't know if there were girl things.
Speaker 2: But I think a different pick. Right?
Speaker 4: Everybody, Okay, everybody had everybody but Christina and America had one.
Speaker 6: Didn't have one either, poor be.
Speaker 1: I also, yeah, Ben's picking on the firefighters salary. I also think though that probably people their age, it wasn't as big a deal as people our That's.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. Yes, that's I'm trying to give her a break. Here, she's attacking me. But you somehow made it a gender thing. Okay, girls aren't allowed on big wheels. My whole point was.
Speaker 2: He's got a big will story. Guys.
Speaker 4: Back when I had an Atari, uh you know, guys in neighborhood an Atari, we had an intellivision. Yeah you know, so there you were either an a Tari family or an Intellivision family.
Speaker 2: I was Division three. I had Calico.
Speaker 4: I remember everybody was riding around big wheels, and then all of a sudden, somebody else had a green machine.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you hear those? Yeah, green machine? You remember? Oh yeah, yeah?
Speaker 1: And then it got confusing because ten years later, a green machine was an edger and a weed eater.
Speaker 2: Remember that. Okay, I had a green machine. My cousins had a big wheel. Yeah, okay, who was in trouble?
Speaker 3: I mean we were all pretty cool, I would say, I mean, not only but we got in trouble because we had an automatic garage door opener, right, and what we would do is get the wall and we would hit close on it and try to make it out before the groage door closed on us. And once my mom found out we were doing that, we got in trouble.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know, we could have dangerous.
Speaker 2: Well, my god, let me make it. Let me make it even darker than that.
Speaker 1: I had this thought every time I see because kids still have big wheels or you know, something akin to it. And every time I see a little kid out on it in the in the street, and I'm like, and these people and I have an suv. It's people in big SUV's not paying attention. They can't even see that. Yeah, they can't even see that down there. It is so low to the ground. It freaks me out every time I see a kid on it. Because the other thing, too, is like what Kevin was doing. You just go down your driveway and out into the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah you shoot out. Yeah it's great.
Speaker 4: And Christina's brave and noble father firefighter probably didn't let them have those for safety reasons.
Speaker 2: Well, he built one out of a tree.
Speaker 1: He didn't have enough money under big right, he couldn't buy the Big Wheel, so he built one out of a tree he chopped down hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: George Foreman three hundred million dollars celebrity net worth at the time of his death, largely in part due to some.
Speaker 2: Lean means fat burning.
Speaker 3: George Foreman grill where the grease goes onto the tray and that's the secret there.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have a George Forman girl? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Not as good as the sandwich Maker, all respect do rest in peace. But the sandwich Maker two thousand was legit.
Speaker 1: I don't have one currently, but we had one at some point in our lives.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the sandwich Maker two thousand? Yeah? Snack Masters?
Speaker 5: Come on, dude, I didn't have the snack Master, but I definitely had a George Foreman grill.
Speaker 6: And that little thing that would catch.
Speaker 5: The grease got so gross unless you cleaned it like after every single use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disgusting.
Speaker 1: Was Foreman the endorsement on the snatch Master or was that somebody else that was bread bit.
Speaker 2: Coming to f one.
Speaker 6: Later in the years, the one Oscar Piastre first one over weekend.
Speaker 3: Also, we're all you and Tlum's here all of us here on the show, and we lost a big one locally.
Speaker 2: And this is a name that a lot of people may not know.
Speaker 3: I bet they know from wrestling, but they should know because Bill Mercer, at the age of ninety nine, has passed away, and he has he wished to make fun of Mike McCarthy not having a coaching tree. You know a lot of coaches on him that were successful that have gone. Bill Mercer has a broadcasting tree that is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's astonishing. I mean the amount of Hall of Famers. And he did everything.
Speaker 3: I remember my dad, would you do the whole Oh yeah, he was the voice of the Sportatorium, you know, and all that stuff, so calling wrestling, but the voice of you and T for years. I think he called Ranger games when they were an expansion team in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know that. I mean him and.
Speaker 3: Don Drysdelle calling Ranger games. Like this guy's done everything. And when I went to un T it was always like, oh, it's like this like mythical.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was too young to know him, but you know, people a little bit older than me definitely did. And that was kind of passed down a little bit, and uh yeah, ninety nine. He actually called the Ice Bowl as well. I did not know that ers Cowboys in nineteen sixty seven. Wow, ninety nine man, Yeah, that's a long way.
Speaker 2: It's good life. It's a big man.
Speaker 1: To have that much influence and have that many people that care about you and think about you.
Speaker 2: That's he did. He did something big man.
Speaker 4: So he was the one interviewing the ugandaan Giant at Lake Lewisville like for Friday Night Wrestling with the Von Erics and Iceman King Parsons and all that.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that part. I thought that was somebody, so it might have been Bill Mercer.
Speaker 4: Let me text follow up with the Sportatorium and yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know he was the play by play and I think they mentioned him in that Von eric movie too, Okay, I think they had someone playing that role.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, just a legend, absolute legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, like if this is it's weirduse.
Speaker 3: He's ninety nine, right, so you're like this, there's things like my dad would know and maybe like y'all's parents might be more familiar with Bill Mercer's legacy, because even you guys may be too young for being down in like what he was doing. Yeah, he was everywhere Carol Old and he was on all the TV channels doing stuff.
Speaker 2: When was he done at North Texas?
Speaker 3: A few years after I got I mean a few years before I got there, Yeah, because I remember he was teaching classes into the Hollars Broadcasting class late, you know, and like Hank Dickinson is one that teaches it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he took it over.
Speaker 3: He might have been doing it when I got there and quit like right before I took the class.
Speaker 4: Because think about us, we're me and skin are old. He was like forty five when we were born, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, already doing stuff. What year he as born? Seventy one?
Speaker 3: Because the Rangers got here in seventy two and he was already the Rangers when they were expansion I'm not expansion team, they moved from the Washington Senators, but he was their ace.
Speaker 1: I listened to every one of those broadcasts when I was won that expansion year.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, Oh yeah, Ted Williams the manager. Yeah, lots of great stories, but an absolute legend. And he passed away over the weekend as well, So you know how it goes. Whenever we have a couple of deaths. We have to say who had the better life.
Speaker 1: By the way, Ben Uh Michael p is confirming that he was the one interviewing the Gondon Giant out at Lake Louisville.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. I believe it. I believe.
Speaker 4: Is that in the od bit he interviewed you Gondon Giant by Lake Lewisville.
Speaker 3: Also a news anchor and reporter the day JFK was shot as well, he was implicating from the field broadcasting for k r l D. Later became the first reporter to inform that the assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald would be charged with murder. That was Bill Mercer who broke that news that he would be charged.
Speaker 1: And then Jack Ruby heard Bill Mercer say it and ran down to the police station and.
Speaker 2: Gunned him down, started his own fire. Yeah. Incredible, incredible life and h and a big time player. Let's end the segment. Yep, there you have it. It's not a good way, Bill.
Speaker 3: Mercer by yelling that's in the segment now with a cap tip.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, let's tip our caps. Let us tip our calves. I feel like we lost momentum. Is the news about to get better for the Mavericks, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll have that discussion next