Speaker 1: Not just any Friday, but a pretty good one, in fact, the goodest of them. It's good Friday because the Easter Sunday you heathen, so your kids know because there's probably uh, you know, candy in the works there. Uh I was, I was speaking of kids. I always remember, as a kid, like one of the things where they're like, all right, it's good Friday. And then you get some concept of like you know, the whole chain of events that lead there, and you're like that's a good Friday. Like that's not good, right, and then like you know, it has they have to explain it to you because you're a kid, and that's how you process things. Because for a while, I'm just like all Fridays are good. Ross you're a fan of Fridays just in general, right, most people.
Speaker 2: Are, yeah, no a big fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So like, oh, well, what's so good about this one? And then but but remember this is the same team that just one of all of humanity earlier brought you the banger known as the Sabbath. Right, you have high hopes like, ah, you know that was pretty good. I could stop having to carry pyramid stones or whatever I was doing on you know, seven days a week at least for one day, tell me more, and then boom eventually the weekend. I don't think that's exactly how it happened, but okay, because again you're a kid trying to make sense of this thing. And I literally thought, I'm I literally thought that for a while we just had one day off at the end of the week, and then this is how we ended up with two even though it's kind of not really the thing there, but in a way, all right, Democrats will say unions did it. Eight year old me thinks Jesus did it, So who's wrong? I don't know. I'll let you make up your mind, but that will mean a slight little change. Race Stagic too good to be with us, Jeff Bellinger. There's no markets open, so we can't even ask him our awkward question of the day, so we got that going for us anyway. Otherwise, good morning, and probably look elsewhere for why it's called good Friday, because I don't I don't think I'm one hundred percent accurate there, but it is funny what we believe is as kids, man, and I think I probably there was prompting from an older cousin on that because he used to like to steer me into things he knew what irritate my parents later, which I can totally appreciate. All right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. What is this? What? You're not here? You're not here on Monday? Ross? Is that? Oh that's just Boston, Paul? Why Boston, Paul? Why do you get to litter my email? Monday is Dingus Day, the largest celebration in Buffalo. What is that is? What is this thing? This Dingus Day in Buffalo? Ross is from Buffalo? All right, I'm not you know what. I'm not even gonna look that up because we're here today and we'll be here Monday. I'll tell you when we won't be here, just for your future planning events for you know stuff people like you have those like the big calendar or whatever. We're not gonna be here Cinco to my or excuse me, yes, Cinco de Mayo and then the whole week. But don't read anything into that. It's it was pre planned, so okay, all right, which means we're just gonna have to slog through today and we'll get you. We'll get you into the weekend, and Jeff Maher will be filling in for race, so well, we'll be able to get you some weather for the weekend and that is what's important. All right, coming up on the show, we're doing the Mineral the Mineral deal again. That's apparently back on, so that's good. We've got a school choice update from Well, I would argue one of the very important states, you know, for the second most students of any state in all of America. And it's weird because I've been told the last few election cycles they were flipping this state purple and then blue and it just keeps reddening. So that's really weird. And uh we will, uh we will get into that because some of the Democrats down in Texas are not doing so well, and uh, I want to play their audio because that's how we roll. And uh one of my favorite stories in a while, one of my sports stories in a while, Ross, were you inspired when you uh we were putting the prep together yesterday and you put this inspiring football story together of people sitting down and reading the x's and o's and trying to figure out how to best put their football club into uh into uh a successful model.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting to read how like people try to innovate their sport. Uh huh, you know, and try to take it a step further. And it's what whatever you're gonna do to win.
Speaker 1: And then what do people around them who then lose because they're not innovating do uh? They hate? Yeah, they hate. They try to like what they're doing with Philly with the tush push like we got outlaw that well, we had we had one outside the box thinker and the description to something else one outside the box thinker. You know, leave it all out on the field, so to speak, ideologically, and unfortunately, some some some you know, you know, you surround yourself with people that are kind of negative, right, like you have a vision, you have an idea, and they're just like, I don't think we should do that. What if it doesn't work? Manh Yeah, that nobody nobody achieved anything with that attitude. You had to go out, you had to be you had to break barriers, man. And honestly, if they'd implemented this thing that I'm gonna tell you about, I don't know, even probably as as recently as like the eighties, uh, it probably wouldn't go anywhere because it would then just become part of the game. But you can't have football without the tossing of and you'll learn what it is. But no, no, we're we're so deep into this thing. We've gotten so pc on other stuff. I don't know that they'll ever get around to it. And in a way, it's you know what it is. It's it's like what Peter Dinklage did to all those actors just wanted to just wanted to eat, want to survive in Hollywood, and he got his bag, and now nobody gets any of theirs. Well what about the what about the folks who can't act, who are also the height of Peter dinklish? How does that work? You can't act? There's only so many times you can be like a nonverbal you know, uh, skipping down the yellow brick road cast member or you know, whatever the production is. We have kind of a cattle call for a bunch of little people. No no, And there was a guy, not a little person himself, who was willing to innovate on their behalf. And now people are hating and it's not okay. So uh well we'll throw that out there. Uh and uh much more, let me do this. We'll go ahead and hit the Brake and uh, we'll come back, got lots of audio for you, Pete calendar. He'll join us at eight o five and uh well, t he's like his jihad right now is that they're uh calling the women astronauts. That's like his hill to die on. He won't go there. So uh yeah, good man, we'll get into that.
Speaker 2: That's a good fight to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you gotta pick you know, you gotta stand for something or nothing at all. Right, somebody said that sometimes one time, although Gale King's not happy about that. In fact, Ross, she is squarely mad on I believe how you characterized in So we'll see if Ross wants to apologize to Gaio King. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Okay, all right, so all that more coming up kc O Day Radio program. Let me start here though, since it is Friday, pooh. You know, it's one of these things too where I'm like, yeah, I'm sure a lot of people have probably thought of it, but the fact that it is it has become legend enough since his passing. This is a former Texas tech head coach, Mike Leach, who was quite a character man, and there was always a rumor floating around, And in this instance, it became more than a rumor because there were now multiple people willing to talk about this because you can't cancel him because he died two years ago. Okay, but it's gonna make a lot of sense when I lay out what's going on here. And I don't like the way the headlines. I'll read you the headline, which would give it away, but I don't like the way that it's worded, like who is what's up with the supporting staff? All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Mike Leach, former Texas Tech Red Raider head football coach and several other programs, pretty legendary career, allegedly once had to be talked out of putting a little person in the backfield so that they could throw them over the line of scrimmage in short yard situations. Why are you talking them out of that? Would? I mean? And by the way, the description of it is the stuff of nightmares or Super Bowl ring acquisitions, right, because I know what you're thinking. You're like, Oh, it's just like this, give them a little boost, right. You get a full back behind the running back, and then the running backs the little person, and then the full back of the quarterback, just like no, no, no, no, no, no no this I want you to understand how highly specialized and how game planned. Mike Leach put this out because he realized that would not be the most advantageous situation because you would not have maximum velocity. So what Mike Leach allegedly proposed was was described best as a helicopter toss. And then I had to read into that. So you know, the another track and field guy, ROSSI ran track and field. What's the event with the ball on a chain and you spin around and there's the hammer throw? Right? Well? The hammer throw?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, first off, I wasn't in track and field.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: Well, I forced myself to do cross country for one season and it was a complete nightmare and never again. So yeah, but I believe it's the hammer throw.
Speaker 1: Okay, the hammer throw? All right, So understanding, if you've ever watched the hammer throw, you have to you get your momentum up right and what you got to swing the I don't remember exactly how many times you swing the thing around. But then only once you've achieved that maximum outward velocity, then your skill set kicks in because you have to also be able to release it in a line that's going to be you know, within bounds, so to speak for you, or at least in the direction you're wanting to throw it. So it's like not just any jibbroni off the street can do it. So much like like an NFL long snapper, there's going to be an extra skill set that one has to develop. And in case people think it's just an end around on you know, the rest of the football operation, I would point out that you're gonna need an immense amount of blocking right so that you have time to make the rotations with your short yardage play backfield player specialist so that you can achieve maximum velocity because if not, then why are you even doing it? And if you don't get him high enough at at the correct launch angle, And by the way, I'm sitting here and I'm saying him, what a wonderful opportunity for all of you who wanted to see women in the NFL, right, because at that point, it's just it's really about who's light enough to uh to toss for mashimum amount of yardage. And apparently his staff talked him out of it, but I don't know, smells like a loophole to me. Smells like a loophole to me. It gets that builds the ring ross you arguing, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you'd have to do like the Texas Tornado to refer to the wrestling as we always do, like the wind up before the puncher before the throw.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, And you're gonna need you're gonna need your blockers to allow you an opportunity to do that. So like nobody's in on this play, everybody's in. And and like I said, if you don't get the proper launch angle, you get some rookie in there. All they do is they sling your your running back or which is probably not a we'll call it the flyback, because why not. And and you know you launched that right in the back of your own offensive line. You look, it's amateur hour out there. You're not getting any yards. So no, it's not just some random drunken bachelor party from the nineteen nineties where you could literally have like that, get the velcrow a dartboard thing, and then hire people, which of course then activists put out of business as evidence in like Wolf of Wall Street would be a good example of that. Right, this is not that this is not every man just you know, having that hole. This is somebody who has to train, which means you're gonna need practice squad people that are roughly the same weight so that you know you don't risk injury of your star, but also allow the launcher or whatever you would deem that position to go ahead and be the best in the business.
Speaker 2: It would take a lot of athleticism. It would like you know what evil and evil got shot out of a cannon, right, that took like a lot of like physical strength. And if Josh Allen is tossing a little person into the end zone.
Speaker 1: Well that becomes to the question who is the tosser? And you're right, you got to have somebody who's already in on it, and I think the quarterback would be the likely position it would it would fall to.
Speaker 2: So, well, if it's the case, if the game evolved that way, you couldn't have somebody small like Kyler Murray or somebody Oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: You'd have to be like a six foot six, two hundred somebody who's described as too strong. Yeah, yeah, how it's there for an arm Just throw the right in.
Speaker 1: There, even though it's not just it's not the same throwing motion. It kind of is because it's for the benefit of your team and their points total. So can you imagine you're sitting there at you know, you're on the coaching team for Texas Tech, right and you're waiting for the head coach to come in for you know, everybody's got their clipboards or sitting in the room like those scenes in Moneyball.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I was about to say this unfair because like, you know, the guy from the A's gets a movie starring Brad Pitt as himself, right to your movie, and like this guy gets nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, because you know what, because at least Brad Pitt followed through with his plan, because already I got people trying to punch holes in Mike Leach's playing here. Uh like the part where you're not allowed to launch other players moment their momentum if they're not on the ground, which is a rule that essentially makes it so you can't just have three people on a defensive you know, block a punter or block kick, launch three players up in the air like it's a gymnastics conversation competition. But that's on the defensive side. If you make it aok for offense, there are there are there are plenty of rules where once I can do the thing, the other can't in certain situations. Okay, those are very it's a specialty play. And remember the person you're launching, they have to be able to hold out of the ball. So it's not like it's you know, it's not like there's it's it's not a tangible skills based position. And every time you bring that person into the backfield, you're kind of tipping your hand, do you know what I mean, like they kind of know what's up, Like, what are you all right? So we're gonna is it a reverse? Is that what we're gonna do? Because that's the thing the Vikings started doing on for like fourth and short plays. That made me just want to bang my head into the wall. So no, you're like, oh, okay, well number whatever's in a number, whatever happens to be the toss. E I think we're gonna I think we're gonna go ahead and guard against the toss. And by the way, is it just football that benefits from this, I would I would profer that it is not. Some sports. It may work some it may not Baseball, I don't really, I can't think of a good reason for it. But basketball, how would you like to have the you know, next year's dunk champion be three foot tall? Eat your heart out, Muggsy Bogues. Just guys, don't you know? Well alley oop there from but you don't. You don't have to alley oop to anybody, now, Ross thought I meant that Shaq would hold him and then and dunk him as well. That is not what I meant. No, but rather, you know, we can't. Nobody can get in, you know, get down low on the whoop, but this guy no.
Speaker 2: But I think Shack, if he wanted to, could do it. Yeah, but I think he could dunk it. I don't know, there's confusion. I'm not saying Shack now, but I'm saying Prime all right, and it's Prime.
Speaker 1: I got you. I don't know, maybe Shack now, dude, I thought he was gonna beat the crap out of who's that? Aiden? Ross? I you know, I know nothing about this dude other than a lot of people have a low opinion of him, and I've just never cared enough to look into it. He's just one of these streamers who just does he go annoy people. Is that a thing for him to well, he must have his people are annoyed by him. I don't know his shick, but he thought it would be funny at the last UFC to go and knock candy out of Shack's hands and it's like spilled on his legs and stuff, and Shack straight up looked like he wanted to murder that dude. And they were like trash talking with the UFC thing. I mean, think think about the stone owns it takes to go knock food out of Shaq's hands. And this dude's like, I'll do that for clicks and conflict and you know eventually where we are here. Yeah, I was running through the list of sports. Uh, Hockey, No, not really unless unless you're gonna do like a curling motion, but probably not golf, No, not really, but you know, like basketball is the one where there might be some ancillary help there, but football really is the reason for the season. If you and by the way, if you know nothing about Mike Leach and you've never watch you never back in the day watched one of his press conferences. This dude was great. Like this dude the type Mike Leach fake opening script story, which is confirmed, by the way. Check that out and you'll go ahead and you'll get yourself a little insight into how much this dude enjoyed messing with people. His press conferences were kind of legendary. So we'll leave it there, all right, eight eight eight nine four seven eight seven before. Yeah, that's how. That's how I opened the show today. It's Friday, says the day you do things like this. We did Friday.
Speaker 2: We did a radio station event once in Salt Lake City when I was working there, and it was the guys from Jackass showed up and one of them, remember the small we man, Yeah, we missed there. And the whole event was because the club we were at we did the broadcast at like Fridays or Saturdays, they had a giant stage there and the entire event was like tossing him off the stage, okay, And he was super excited about it, and they did it for about ten minutes and they had a cancel and this guy was super pissed they canceled the event. He was like, I want you to keep throwing me off the stage.
Speaker 1: Why did they cancel? Did somebody get offended?
Speaker 2: They they they started escalating and they're like, he's gonna get hurt and then we're gonna get sued and there's gonna be the issue at the radio station.
Speaker 1: Watch jacket.
Speaker 2: I know he was upset. He was like, no, keep doing it. He was having a blast. This is the thing. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: What I do. Because why I get up in the morning and and lace my tiny shoes. This is this is what I do. This is why the in all seriousness, this is why the Peter dinklic thing is honestly really one of the biggest d bag moves in in Like you know, to your fellow actors that I that I can think of, that you sideline an entire group of people because you already got yours and you wanted to play this woke stuff. That's just awful, man, So poor we man. He's just he's on the road trying to ply his thing right. He's not getting Peter dinkld Game of Thrones money. No, he's got to go. He's got a tour. That's it. By the way, if you ever wonder if an artist is just killing it on their own and if they tour, I mean sure, just just know that for a lot of artists they have no choice but to tour.
Speaker 2: They go to I'm not gonna lie, like I've seen, you know, being in this business. You know, we've been around. I've been around celebrities now and again, and I'm not the type of name drop because I find it annoying. And even when they would bring celebrities to the radio station, I'm not the type I don't want. Yeah, I tend to avoid it. I'm like, I just have no interest in it. But that being said, I've never seen a celebrity have more women all over them than we man that night, and like attractive women, Like it was so super strange. We were in VIP. It was upstairs like they're for this club. What was the club, the Vortex. It's called the Vortex and upstairs and the third floor was the VIP area and we man comes in there and he looks at the women and he just goes he motions with his top to pull his top up and he goes show show him to me, and I'm like, this is crazy, And every single woman in the vi P looks at him and and does it every single and hip. Yeah, like this guy's powers, dude, that's why you were playing with man? Just for the visual freebies. What is the word the kids use like the riz. Yeah, this guy just swimming in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and he knows it too, right, you come up and now he many times even in Utah, which arguably from a getting girls to do that standpoint might be one of the hardest lifts on the planet.
Speaker 2: Dude, like this guy and he completely knew that he had this power. It was so Like I said, I've been around like a lot of rock stars and I'm seeing a lot of crazy stuff. The most powerful quote celebrity rock star I've ever seen in this department is a we man.
Speaker 1: From Jackets Slay and just slay in the groupies. All right, Well, you know, and that's a guy who's got to work harder bit and obviously he has found his niche. Yeah, shame on whoever didn't want him to keep having fun that day. That is awful. Speaking of awful, I tend again, I tend to, although this is going to be different, I tend to when it's the families of people who are involved in big, high profile stories, I tend to understand that emotions are going to drive a lot of the decisions that are made there and so I try not to be critical. Yeah, obviously your kid in retrospect probably should not. Who's, by the way, not a kid anymore in most of these circumstances, even though that's the photo you're using. You know, maybe they should have showed their hands or not, you know, held a weapon in their hand too long, or attempted to grab an officer's weapon that escalated into some you know, one of these stories that's the next civil rights blockbuster, which are becoming less and less thanks to all these body cams. I think that's pretty clear. But like so, I'm sitting there and you know, I see this stuff, and it has to do with the parents of the parents of this this kid in Frisco, this seventeen year old accused of stabbing the other seventeen year old in the heart and killing them, and all the crazy stories that are coming out of escalate purchases and mansion moves and all of that, because that's the money. No, no, no, it's the sheer audacity of it. Shows you the type of lawyer the family has chosen. Even though they had the means to go hire a really good, not showboat lawyer, they instead decided to settle on these uh, these civil rights lawyers who all think that this is the next great civil rights thing. And when when you're in that mindset and you're willing to say whatever, because it's about the shock value as to how you're doing things, like the things you'll say openly are pretty crazy. But yet we have now one of the lawyers for the family who was responding to the father of the victims showing up to a memorial thing or to a rally, and like most every other lawyer I could possibly think of, I'm assuming not a lawyer would sit there and go all right, just don't acknowledge it, or maybe say, you know, maybe say something where you're like, I understand the pain you're going through, and you know, we just we just want the truth, and we're gonna go ahead and go for the truth and just leave it at that. That is not the direction that the family and their lawyers chose to go in yesterday. And it's pretty awful. So we'll dive into that first thing. We'll do that next here on the CaCO Day radio program. It's all kicks off April second. April second, so about two weeks removed. That is the date on which Texas high school athlete Austin Metcalf was stabbed in the chest to the track meet. And you know, I think we've done a pretty fair job of really kind of waiting for the information to flesh out and presenting it to you. I know a lot of people have already locked into some pretty pretty substantial positions here, and there's a lot of hypocrisy. I understand that, right. But the gist of it was when you read the witness statements and you read the police report, the Carmelo Anthony, not the one who played for the Nuggets. This guy was inside another team or another school's tent area a seating area there, and the one of two twins, although both were there. I was like, hey man, this is not your spot. And then, according to the description of how it went, the guy's like, well, what are you gonna do? You make me move? A good idea? Do that? Find out what happens, which is, by the way, really normal high school stuff, right. That's dudes learning how to square up to each other. That's an unremarkable thing it has become. Back in my day, it might lead to a few punches being thrown, but it would be one on one nobody'd be jumping in and likely they'd break it up as soon as somebody took some real damage, and then you know, you might get in trouble, or if nobody saw it, you wouldn't and then that was it. And then that's just how it would how it would have gone. But no, this case obviously took a much more tragic turn, one that required somebody to bring a weapon on the school property, which is already problematic, but also utilize that weapon after the first escalation. Like, I'm a big proponent when I watch these videos on the internet that if you're the first person to put hands and then you get a you get a fist full of uh, you know, to the face. I mean like, well, you kind of earned that. But then that's it. I don't I don't wish you anything beyond that, other than maybe you rethinking putting your hands on people now in this situation, it's not that necessarily if the hands on first came from the victim that it was that you have to you have to convince yourself that he was fearing for his life there. And I don't know how fear fool you are. You can't blame the numbers or any of the rest where you're essentially going, I wish, I wish a m ef or would like if that's your response, it's it sounds like you're you're you're there for at least that part of it. And so all of these other ancillary stories where he was provoked there was a history. The one I saw I was like, oh, this was his bully. Well, they didn't know each other, they didn't go they didn't know each other at all. They never met each other, and you could see in the press conference they laid this thing out. Well, Uh so Austin Metcalf's father, heard that they were having, uh press release or a press conference and some sort of a rallying thing. Remember there's all these fundraising efforts going on, and he decided he was going to show up to the press conference, not to run up on stage and throw glitter or screaming a bullhorn, but just to be there. And I can't, for the life of me understand the decision by the family's attorneys for Carmelo Anthony to acknowledge there and do so in this way.
Speaker 4: And all I'm going to say so it don't be asked. Later, his lawyer was disrespectful and just shows you all the character who was not invited. He knows respective to be near this family, but he did it. And so I say to people's actions speak louder than words.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: What he has failed into is the political operatives that want to make this thing a political thing.
Speaker 1: That's why he's upset.
Speaker 4: Bigotry and yet racism a bunch of We have conservative operativests that have been posting none thop about this case.
Speaker 1: Do you think the father of the dead students will be was radicalized by political posts to show up? You think?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: You think that's why he did it and then to call it You know, there's a lot of things that are disrespectful, sir. If we want to start making a list, some would argue moving into the giant gated mansion and buying an escalade and then posting things like well, you know at least one family's has both parents track this. Yeah, this is the d D put this out ross. Did you see the new military ad the d D release yesterday? I just saw this thing. All right, I'm gonna send it to you here and if this delivers on what the headline, because I literally saw it right as I'm coming back if it delivers on the headline, which I'll tell you about here in just a moment. I want to get this to the ross here do d ad Okay, I am one hundred percent here for it. All right, that is on the way. Let me let me share with you this. So apparently the DoD has released the military has released a new ad uh and this is the American Warrior. Right, so if you remember what heg Seth was talking about, but really kind of the push of the Trump administration was to concentrate on lethality, which is a great word that you know, it's now all in everybody's wheelhouse. But basically, are our soldiers in the best position because again because people think the lethality is just about the ability to kill people, and that the court is, but also it's you want people to go I'm not even screwing with them. That's the goal. That's the goal. And look, there's some you'll never convince like the Hooti's right. These guys get you know, tricked in having a big group outdoor meeting standing in a circle so that they can get effectively missiled all at the same time, and they just keep it coming right, I'm not just not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about other folks. I'm talking about China. Who would you know, at any point would go, you know what, this is a trade war. Now it's a real war. And if you think those things don't happen, I would I would suggest you look at World War two. Essentially it was a trade It was a trade dispute that was one of the big escalators for why Japan thought that that was a good idea, which is insane in retrospect. So yeah, but not just an ad focusing on the American warrior, but one that also mocks the our diversity is our strength. That is that is some top tier stuff right there, my man? All right, well we'll get into that just a little more. Grab a quick phone call here, Yes, Donna, what's up?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 1: That's Friday. So there's that, and it's good Friday. So that's you know, that's that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: So the dad that went to the press conference when this, like I think it was like the night after it happened, or maybe the same night, he came out in a press conference and said he forgive the boy, He forgave the boy, he gabbed his son. The mother, on the other hand, said she did not, and so did the brother. But he would think that these uh lawyers in the family would want him up there on the stage since he's the one who gave him.
Speaker 1: Well, you think they'd have enough brains to just not trash on the dude. That's the that's the crazy thing.
Speaker 6: That would be a good start.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's.
Speaker 1: What happens when you hire lawyers who are there for the wrong reasons, right, Yeah, I don't begrudge anybody. Look, one of my favorite lawyers, and somebody I know personally, was a lawyer for Timothy mca right, yeah, yeah, I mean that's a that's a tough putt right there, right, because you know you're you know you're going to get an l in your in your overall record, right.
Speaker 6: And the penalty on top of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's but for the lawyer's name is Chris Triteco. Guys, because people can look this up. He was introduced to me through another radio friend, and Tritico was not He's not some Republican I don't know what is technically what his politics are, but just talking to him yet a little woke in him. But his big thing is he he is he's not a fan of the death penalty. And as I understand his position, and it's an interesting one, is if you have a general distrust of government, now you have a possibility where government, using all of the powers and force, the government can provide and seek your death. And that's a very powerful thing. And you know what that is. That is how you argue and debate an issue like that. Because he does of people going, well, I don't trust the government. I saw what they did with Jay six. Or should I trust them when they want to execute somebody? And and like, those are good conversations to have this lawyer down in Texas. And I was talking to another radio guy who has got his own lawyer friend down in Texas. Like the other lawyers, including one of my buddy's firm, they like approached them, and the firm did not want to do it. And then they heard that they were getting civil rights lawyers and they're like, now nobody will work with him who is a legitimate defense because they realized the motivation of the lawyers now is not what is in the best interest of their client right, but rather what's in the best interest of the narrative, and that's where we're gonna end up with this stuff. So probably not. All right, you guys address your cat up in like a little Pope pat today or what do you do?
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, I have a really cool question to you. I watched your Katy Perry Illuminati video.
Speaker 1: I just want to be very clear that is not mine. It's just something that stumbled across on the internet thought everyone should have to hear.
Speaker 6: So well, I'm just wondering, since it's a tantric sex guru, if you practice ritual sex.
Speaker 1: Magic blood sugar sex magic is what it's technically called. Yeah, yeah, which, now in retrospect, I realize is about diabetic witches. But whatever, which is a good one?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right? You probably get along with them, you know, because they like cats too, So my cat is.
Speaker 3: A dull baby.
Speaker 6: You stop saying bad things about my cats.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Ross, what if we got a cat a spot on an NFL roster? Think about how far you could throw? No, yeah, yeah, I just thought of something. Thank you Donna for being the inspiration.
Speaker 6: Say hi to Boot, Say hi boots.
Speaker 1: I don't know what a boots is.
Speaker 6: Say hi Boots, because she can.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he can run. Boots run. They're gonna dress you in something. Yeah, you have a self respect. Get out of there, all right. Thanks, I'm the monster. I just tried to save your cat from getting uh, you know, pictures of it dressed? Is I don't know whatever you dress of the Easter bunny? Think your cat wants Easter bunny? Yours?
Speaker 2: Hell No?
Speaker 1: And what Donna's referring to, I just want to be very clear, is not my Katie Perry Illuminati video. It's just one of the many insane things I watch because you know, I like the conspiracy theories where apparently the entire launch was nothing but some sort of homage to Baphomet and an Illuminati plot. And then they go into all sorts of stuff and there's a couple things where you're just like, why does the patch look like that? Right? But then there's other stuff where it's just like you all need some thorz. What the hell is going on here? Think you pos to think about some of this stuff? All right. I have not even heard this ad yet. I just saw the description. Does it payoff? All right? So this is the new ad from the DoD and if it literally does touch on that diversity is our strength line that is a top tier. Here we go, we're listening to it all together for the first time.
Speaker 8: They never get the appalls, they never get the headlines, they never get the bright lights, they never get the microphone.
Speaker 1: No one's heard their story.
Speaker 9: No one's familiar with their story.
Speaker 4: One of the dumbest phrases in military history.
Speaker 2: Our diversity is our strengths.
Speaker 1: Our shared purpose is our strength.
Speaker 5: We are one DoD community committed to.
Speaker 7: The same issue. We are American warriors.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. They didn't shy away from that, did they.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 1: That is the fundamental And I have no and I like that they're doing that because I think that one of the things that's very effect in politics is having an incredibly easy to discern differentiating factor. Right I am. This is their position, this is my position. Which do you think is best? And do you think it is let's let's have maximum diversity, or is it best when we have the maximum ability to not just go out and kick ass and take names, but strike fear at the very thought of going to war with us? So you choose not to, which frankly is a really good thing, right. I know, people they go, oh, that just it allows you to be authoritarian around the world. Well, sometimes we're just the biggest, well every time technically from the numbers. But like, is it some sort of weird flex that Jamaica isn't going to declare war on the US. I'm just picking on Jamaica, but I mean, just from a number standpoint, No, this is reality. That's just reality. My friends. Hell, just whenever they got just military hardware stood deployed in southern Florida would be enough to end that in the day. That's a good thing. I don't know. I don't know how you eliminate it from the from the list there. So yeah, I'm I'm perfectly fine with the direction they're going here. One all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Apparently there's some big thing. I don't know what it is, and maybe it's not a big thing, but like, is there some like weird David hog kinky story getting ready to come out? I hate putting all those words into one sentence, but like dudes trying to get ahead of something. And now there's like internal warfare with James Carvill and David Hogg, which is that that meme, that god Zilla meme where you're like, let him fight right, No love loss there, but it is a real directional struggle within the Democrat Party because Hog is the vice chair of the party and Carville is clearly old guard of the party. I don't know that there's older old guard than Carville, just being on the political scene from the left and apparently they are not fans of each other, and I think it points to what direction what is the party as a whole going to take away from the last election. And if you're David Hogg, probably not a lot of useful lessons if he gets his way. So but hey, if you want to root for the destruction of both sides, fine at least let me lay out the details coming up on the CaCO Day radio program. Then there's a lot to like here. But also I try to analyze these things too as to a non as to be in a non biased position. We're refuge when reviewing it. Obviously I have opinions, but like I try to take a step back and think, Okay, is this of all the options that they have, is it's probably the best thing for them? If so, or if not? Why so I can do that. So I saw James Carvill losing his damn mind in an interview I think it was on News Nation too, right, which is you know, definitely, definitely if you're gonna throw beef about internal Democrat squabblings, that's gonna be an audience that's gonna lap that up. So he's sitting there and he's talking about David Hogg, and this is after Hogg announced that as his in his new role as vice chair of the National Party, one of the things he's going to be doing is creating and funneling money a fund and then funneling money to incumbent Democrat primary challenges. Right, So you know that always gets you know, whenever we make fun of Tom Tillis on this radio, which is so easy to do when you know you're that's your target, right, like listen to the dude or you know those times he murdered the kids as slender Man, his alter ego. And but inevitably I'll get an email and they're like, yeah, but you know, if you're primary him, then Roy Cooper's gonna win the seats. He just can't do it. I'm like, well, that's that's obviously defeat us. Sir, do you think that Tom Tilli is the only person who could beat Roy Cooper potentially? And maybe maybe the answer is yes, because the power of incumbassy is a thing. But Hogs like nah Man, what we gotta do is we need to funnel like twenty million bucks, which goes a lot further in a primary than in a general election. Right, You're gonna get a lot of bang for twenty million bucks man, and we're gonna get some of these old guard, more moderate Democrats out so that we can get a bunch of AOC's in there. And that's the hogs all in on it, and that's where then the analysis has to be, is that really the smart move for the party? Who's got you know what twenty percent approval rating as a party for twenty one, I guess was the last number I saw, where largely it appears that a lot of the quote unquote mushy middle people moved to the right, probably for some of your more extremist positions. And David hogs all in, so I understand why Carville's looking at it, going this is the dumbest thing ever, But of course he's got to say it in his own little way.
Speaker 10: Somebody sued David Hogg. He's an officer of the Democratic National Committee. He is the vice chairman of Democratic National Committee, and he's run against other Democrats. I would like to know, and you went to law school, does he have a fiduciary duty toward Democrats if I work for if you work for News Nation, you can't promote seeing that that's if you work for somebody else, you have a fiduciary duty to your employer, which anybody can understand. He's being paid to run against other Democrats. I think it's an outbreak. I'm I don't know if I have standing, but I might give the DMC ten dollars and consue him.
Speaker 1: He's a contemptible little twerk.
Speaker 10: If you assueh asked Jim, I'll have you on the show to talk about it. I don't know if I have and if somebody kept standing, sue.
Speaker 2: His punk ass started right on this show.
Speaker 1: All right, So yeah, yeah, you could gauge from the reaction of the News Nation host. Uh his excitement at the possibility. It does. It does bring me. Uh, it brings me a little relief because, like inevitably, David Hogg annoys the crap out of me, but I always wonder if it's worth my time, and he if he's not just somebody doing his thing. But like with David Hog, it cements the idea that he's probably as insufferable even if you're quote unquote with him, right and and and that's good because you know those people, they're just even when they're even when they'reup there saying what you think, like I hate that guy talking about this, uh, this, this Van Holland trip, although yesterday is really where it culminated. So you had the Senator for Maryland very publicly talk about how he was going to go to l Salvador and he was going to meet with this quote Maryland man who was deported because there's no other descriptors to attach. And you know he's fighting the good fights, fighting Trump Man, and then it was just clown show. He flies all the way to El Salvador and he gets there and they don't tell him until he gets there. Yeah, you can't meet with him unless and this is literally the vice president of El Salvador to his face, unless you have a note from the president. We need a note from your dad. So we speculated, well, what would Van Holland do? Right, go over to the maybe one of the handful of resorts they have there on the Pacific side. Maybe get a chance to explore some of the historical settlements that exist in El Salvador. There are a couple there. Maybe go check out the volcanoes they got some of those. No, no, none of that. He was not dissuaded. And I love, love, love, love, love love his bounce back plan here. It is bart is just.
Speaker 9: A gross violation of basic human rights and human decency. And you know, I asked the Vice President if I came back next week, whether or not I could go visit Killmark, and the answer.
Speaker 1: Was no, you couldn't guarantee that.
Speaker 9: I said, Look, I may be the first member of Congress here, the first senator, but I can assure you more will be coming, and you cannot continue to keep this man locked up.
Speaker 1: What a good worst prison in El Salvador, Someone argue the worst prison in all of Central America. But yeah, who's county do it? Do it? Look, it's not like the Democrats have anything on their calendar this weekend, probably most of them except the ones that are pretending you all should go down there. A fantastic idea. I think that that's that's the that's the problem here, not that the executive branch handles foreign affairs and you're not in it. I think the problem is there are not enough federally elected Democrats down there. In fact, ross I was doing the math here. I think what we need is what was the number, oh all of them to go to El Salvador this weekend and stand in solidarity there, and I hope, hope, hope that while you are all in l Salvador, that the administration doesn't become aware of the potential of some sort of easily transmitted respiratory virus perhaps from the Salvador area or the triangle as they call it there with the three countries, which would then preclude the travel of anyone who's been there of coming back to the US for public safety, right, because you wouldn't want everyone to get the you know, the coughs, right, especially as an elected official, Why would you want to bring that back to foist upon your constituency. So yeah, get them all down there, get a big Kumbaya photo op, and then mystery respiratory virus. Nothing we can do tell you what, We'll just take fifteen days to think about it. But we couldn't possibly repatriate you right now. Just have to chill down there. How long, Well, we'll tell you fifteen days, but how about I don't know, two years, yesh. I give for the kids, remember, just for the safety of the kids and the family and everybody else. And hey, since you're already over there and they have groups sleeping options that would be very convenient in those rooms that have sixty four bunks to a room, get a few of those. You got Congress all handled be like a big slumber party without air conditioning in the middle of the jungle. So I have fun with all of that. So yeah, I like your stick to itiveness, sir, And I think that's absolutely positively how you got to go with this thing as a totally unbiased outside advisor just trying to help you politic I think that's that's the direction you want to go. Okay, all right, very good, speaking of people that might be ending up sleeping in a prison. So this dude was getting some pub yesterday. I'm calling him Captain Bunny ears Ross. Did you see the guy's profile photo with this PhD student where he's wearing like free ears on his head.
Speaker 2: No I miss that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well it makes some extra intimidating. So if civil war does kick off, I'm gonna make Captain Bunny Ears your project. I feel like you, I feel like you shouldn't have any problem with him. That's the thing about revolutionaries. Some of them are in it. They're willing to you know, do their own you know, execution squads and things like that. I'm not enjoying the commitment to horribleness. I'm just pointing out they're not afraid to get their hands dirty. I don't think this du dude wants to get in one fight with anybody, but he sure wants them to happen. Nicholas Decker, a PhD student at George Mason University or PhD candidate I guess that's the term at George Mason University, had finally had enough. He had he had hit the end of his rope, His TDS had boiled over, and so he decided to not just write a whole web article about it entitled when must we Kill Them? Which is a little innocuous, right, because that could be that could be like somebody calling for essentially genocide all the way down to how to how to treat those tiny ants that invade your kitchen as things get warmer, not the ones you can see, of the ones you almost can't see, Like, where the hell are those guys all the rest of the years? What's going on there? Why is there a billion in my kitchen right now? And then like when should we kill them? Well? That's now, that's a home improvement article. Unfortunately for Decker, he yielded not quite into genocide, but into this in both an article and then eventually a post on Twitter which got added to the FBI and Secret Service a million times. He wrote, the ultimate source of political power is and always will be violence. If the president administration should continue on its course, there is no choice but war. I say this out of sorrow. When must we kill them? Well? Alrighty then? And also I also love the part where essentially his beasts with Trump are all hallmarks of the Biden administration. That's not lost on me. But yeah, he threw this thing up there. I guess. I guess he probably doesn't want to be a George Mason University PhD student, because he's literally in this talking about the rationale which he clearly thinks is there because he keeps saying things like if they don't change course, So if they just stick to literally doing the things that voters elected him to do, that's good enough to go start a fool on war. Are you ready for this? And I don't want to just discount it too, because it's not all lunatics and Bunny Years that are going to get one shot and should you know that ro Shambeau ever break out, but rather there are a lot of very violent people that are very good at being violent within the ranks of the the militant far left. So I mean the their stick to itiveness and trying to burn that federal building down was one hundred nights in a row and he didn't get this wayed. He just kept coming back, all right. But I don't think I don't this is you know this this whole Uh? Do you think this is a flex and intimidates people? Will you just wait? You just wait till me and my friends who probably also posing Bunny Years for a profile, You just you wait until we get enough. Remember that video of where they had like leftists these like and they're all like real thin leftists who were out like combat training in the Woods, except it where it was far sadder than even that Venezuelan Special Forces video, which we all laughed at hilariously on the show for quite some time. One day, Yeah, they're like, oh, we're out there. You don't want to meet these fists. I'm like, I would I know if I met that fist, or would I just hear a cracking sound in my periphery of your hand all being broken at the same time, Because I feel like there's a possible especially if I had a couple, might be the second one. But now this guy's like, all right, we don't have a choice if they do things like jail their political opponents. Huh so ready to go to war for that? Oh now you are okay. You weren't before, but now you are okay. Good. So the whole things are crazy. Read man, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna read it a little manifesto, but you get the gist of what was going on there, and it doesn't appear to be going well for him, judging by some of these changes people were posting with the university there not so impressed. All right, seven forty four, We're not all special, like mister Stagic so we're here, we're doing our thing, and Jeff Maher from the Weather Channel is here to help us do it. Jeff, how you doing today, sir? Doing wonderful? How are you like? How do you got to be a chief meteorologist to get all this time off?
Speaker 8: I don't even know that works. Apparently I'll be talking to get next Friday. So apparently it's a Friday thing in the area.
Speaker 1: Because that was Oh, how nice for him? How'd you like to have every Friday off during the summer months. That'd be great?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we got a toil, so let's toil. What do we got?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've got some drying, warm weather right on through the Easter weekend. We'll stay warm into Monday, and then we'll get some needed rainfall starting on Tuesday. It looks like next week and into the middle portion of next week. In the meantime, clear this morning, a lot of sun this afternoon, whins will pick up out of the south. The high headed to eighty three, clear tonight down to sixty one. How about a high of eighty nine tomorrow with sunshine and then clouds rolling Tomorrow night was still dry with the low sixty four. The Outloy for Easter on Sunday. A mix of clouds and sunshine. Still on the warm side, up to eighty eight and partly it's mostly cloudy Monday or behind your eighty seven degrees.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll chat with Jeff once again in the next hour. Thank you, sir, sure, and we will take a break. Reminder coming up eight oh five peak calender will join us. Uh oh, and for the empty time, scientists think they found more aliens. Although it is I will say it's a unique and interesting bit of reasoning here. It's you know, a lot of times it's just they found a Goldilocks planet and they're like, oh, we found this planet that could feasibly it's within the realm. This is different what their claiming is going on here, but also reminded me of something, so we'll get into the next Here on the CaCO Day Radio program, a goofy story that some guy in Florida's last name is Cocaine. We're just here to mock that dude, Okay, but I'm talking things, right. I have to assess what I really feel about it, and sometimes I'm not able to in the proper sense because it's not a thing that I've ever dealt with, or have any familiarity with, or a situation that Frank I, you know, it is profoundly and currently problematic for me. So but I still try to think it through, and sometimes I get it wrong. So I saw a story earlier this week where a couple was complaining that some of their fellow hotel guests called the police on them, and I listened to it, I'm like, yeah, maybe they shouldn't have called the police on these people. Is what they're doing really that wrong? And I was actually surprised that I ran up by Ross and he's immediately, now, you didn't say called the police, but immediately you disagree with the parent's decision to leave their kid where they left their kid, right, I'm gonna give the details here. Oh yeah, I couldn't approach it from a parent standpoint because I don't know. But the story is this, So they're staying at a hotel and the hotel has a restaurant in the lobby, okay, like a bar restaurant, you know, just a standard I don't know if it's a Marriott or whatever. But so they're staying there and they have their they have their baby and so they go up to the room. They get one of the cribs too, right, you get the baby crib there from some hotels, and they get the baby all, you know, fed and burped and cleaned and all the stuff that you do, and then they put little little Timmy down to sleep. And because it's modern technology, they have literally their baby monitor with them, which they can watch on the phone. So once the kid is asleep, it's probably you know, like seven eight o'clock based on the actual cold time, that'd be about righting. So they head down. They they literally make sure the babies asleep, they get the camera on the baby, they go one floor down to the lobby and they go into the restaurant there and they're getting dinner and dinner and drinks or maybe just dinner. I don't know what all they consumed. However, where they are seated, they have the baby monitor basically have a phone propped up, you know, in the little like watch the movie mode with a little flip up kickstand and it's the baby monitor. And one of the other patrons, I guess, puts it together that they're eating there, there's no baby insight, but they're watching a baby on the monitor, they call police. Now me, I'm just like, yeah, is that any different than if you the baby's room is upstairs and you and your spouse are sitting there watching a movie downstairs, but with the baby monitors, so that if there's a problem.
Speaker 2: One of you can go handle it completely, okay, because because people are crazy, I don't trust people at the hotel. We have these stories all the time. Somebody tries to break in and steal your baby or do something to your baby. People are nuts. You know, what could happen.
Speaker 1: Usually there to peep ony, like the weird dude who is hiding under the cross baby.
Speaker 2: And you're downstairs, so it's going to take you a while to get back to that room. And you know, babies tend to throw up. So if this baby rolls over or or or you know, it starts choking on its vomit and you need to go help the baby, good luck. By the time you get up there, you have to get up, you have to get in the elevator, you have to go up stair away. You know, my my, my immediate reaction to that is awful. Would never do it, wouldn't even I.
Speaker 1: Can't even argue with you because I have no I have no point to argue from. I was just surprised because your reaction was very visceral.
Speaker 2: Oh completely, yeah, I'm like, that's bad. Would I would not even do There's so many things that could possibly go wrong. Plus I would don't want to be that far away from my kids just in case. Like I just like I said, it's a visceral physical reaction.
Speaker 1: If that far away, like a big house, any.
Speaker 2: Stuff happens, man, and and listen, if Marky was away from work and I was like, you know, there's just a we have a corner store right there. Wait right, it's like less than a you know, it's like what maybe like two minute walk away. If I'm like Marky Lincoln was up in his in his bedroom in his crib, and I had the monitor while I walk because you know, the signal goes that far. And I walked to the store and I got some beer and came back. That's cool, right, you know, I kept I kept the house locked. There's no way that would be acceptable, and it shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: But but but you've left the premises there, like I I'm gonna give them, I'm gonna give them all the benefit of the doubt for the for any version of this, what if they had they could see their door, right, because I've been if you go to like an embassy suite time they had that centered like jungle lobby, and then they have the stairs up towards like if you're on that first floor, if you could see your door from there, and and you got your baby monitor. I don't understand how that's remarkably different than being in your house other than the fact that yes, there.
Speaker 2: Are I don't know your door and I'm and I my door locked, and them in my living room while we're watching Netflix. We have these stories. Remember the one we had, the one where the tiny dude was hiding under the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was a cruise ship one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no way, no possible way.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting because also one of the things that we talk about on the show a lot is once that baby turned six, in our generation, they were good to go walk around the neighborhood unattended, you know what I mean, Not now, not now. So it's it's it's interesting to chat with our radio buddy to the South Middays WBT. It is one Pete Calender who is not a fan of using astronauts to describe the women's space travelers. How are you doing, Pete?
Speaker 3: I am doing all right. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I good good. I noticed this was one of the hill you wanted to die on this week. Pushing back using the astronaut, I think we're all in unison for the most part. I haven't heard a real good argument why it should be except from Gail King, who's upset. Did you see Gail King's upset?
Speaker 3: Isn't she always upset? Though?
Speaker 1: Oh but she's super upset. Baby. I don't hold hold on here, let me play the audio for it.
Speaker 7: I don't like that people are calling it a ride. A ride. You know, you never see a man, a male astronaut who's going up in space, and they said, oh, we took a ride. We actually duplicated the route that Alan Shepherd did. That's why it's called this particular capsule is called the New Shepherd. We duplicated that route, that route. No one said he took that ride. It's always referred to.
Speaker 1: As a I can't a couple that who didn't like the term mankind, and it just gets it's so insufferable. Except the difference is that woman was an astronaut and if I could suggest, and I'm curious your thoughts, so let me suggest migrate because people are like, well, how do you delineate the two? And I think I thought of a way if after the initial launch, the capsule or rocket or whatever you're in had the possibility, if left to its own devices, of either staying and stationary orbit, or of traveling further outside. Now we're getting into astronaut territory. But if the only thing that possibly could happen with your capsule, if left, you know, turn all the engines off, is that it falls back to Earth, then you never left Earth? Is that unacceptable? Would you say that's an acceptable dividing line there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's that. I mean, there is actually a term for this. I think they call it something like spaceflight, a spaceflight participant or something. The FAA actually has a description of what these women did, and I'm not minimizing that. You know, look, it takes courage to go up in there. You don't know what's going to happen with that thing. Yeah, but the fact that like, here's here's my standard. If you have to go through minimum one month worth of training to learn how to fly the craft, then you're an astronaut, right, that's it, Like you have to have a month's worth of training flying the craft in order to be called an astronut or as I call them, astro knots, because they're not. And I'm just not a fan of them claiming credit to be a thing that they are not. I have no problem with them doing it. I know a lot of people were complaining about, you know, this is some photo op or whatever. Yeah, I'm okay with it. I've been okay with private space flight from the beginning. I want all of the ingenuity and engineering eggheads to go out there and get us, you know, more into space. I'm totally fine with all of that. But I just I bristle, if you will, at the use of the term astronaut, because it puts them, it elevates them to the to the same level as people who actually underwent, you know, massive amounts of training, had to learn how to fly the craft and what to do in all the various situations and all of that. I mean, remember the most famous astronaut, Tom Hanks. He was doing like calculus with a pencil while floating around the moon. I mean, that's an astronaut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one, I'm with you man and uh and and to your point that it's a fun ride is good. It's good. It's it arguably is probably the greatest thrill wide thrill ride on the planet right now, sure, or kind of off of it, And every time they do it, it makes the idea of space travel or anything approaching it safer and less expensive. It is just the history of literally everything. When car first came out, you and I were buying a carpet. When their commercial airline stuff was going on, you and I were buying a ticket. Most people were now, but eventually it went from the days of you know, dudes in suits with full martini glasses to the absolute healthscape that is you trying to put a bag to not pay that the frontier lady ten dollars, even though it clearly fits in the square, it fits what's going on here.
Speaker 3: So it's amazing. The economic illiteracy. It's actually not amazing. It's pretty on brand for us, but it's it's the economic illiteracy. Every single technology goes through this same sort. It's an S curve basically right where you've got the innovation occurs. Few people adopted a couple of early adopters, but the price is so high because the technology is so new and they're trying to recoup the costs of the research and development or whatever. And then you get the curve starts going up as more and more people start doing it, prices start coming down, it becomes more accessive. All the any kind of stereotypes that created barriers against the innovation, they start falling, and then you have, uh, you know, the explosion of use, and then it levels out to whatever that norm would be. And that's what this is. So there's there's no problem. I have no problem with the with the ride or the flight or whatever Gail King wants to call it. My only objection was calling these these members of the space tourist flight, because that's what they are. They are space tourists, and I'm fine with that. I don't say that to denigrate them. I just I just reject the label of astronaut because I think words should mean things, and we should all understand what the word means when we use the word to apply to a category of people. Also, what was with the spacesuits? Why did they have to wear the skin tight zipper? Things like, come.
Speaker 1: On, there's stuff that's criticizable, and then maybe there's some stuff it's not worth your time. Just let it be. I know, Katy Perry talk about how they were putting the ass an astronaut. You can't do that without that's fair. Tight space suits, Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: No, I just yeah, it's it's one of those things where I wonder, you know, if it was a bunch of men to channel my inner Gail King, if it was a bunch of men, would they have gone up there in the like ress skin suits as well?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if have you seen some of the pants the dudes were the gym's now basically Lululemon stuff ross. Is that a fair description? I don't even know how to describe it. They're just they don't look like dude pants, and they're they're outside the fact that even one person's wearing it means they're too popular. So there's that now to be fair, and again because we try to be fair here, Yeah, Katie Perry did more than just you know, you know, do some training for a month, right. I don't know if you heard her interview on how she prepped for this, because she wanted to understand all of the aspects of spaceflight. Here she is in an interview just Day's Books.
Speaker 7: I don't like that people are calling it.
Speaker 5: Sorry if I click here, we go about the engineering of it all. I'm excited to learn more about STEM and just the math about how.
Speaker 2: What it takes.
Speaker 5: To accomplish this type of thing. I was winding down from a rehearsal the other day and I was listening to Cosmos by Carl Sagan and reading a book on string theory, and yeah, it was like going.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, So she read a whole book on string theory. Pete nice, Have you read a book on string theory?
Speaker 3: No? I take it back, she's an astronaut, now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all the other string theory unless you're unless you think the rocket might jump you in the multiverse. I'm not understanding how this is helpful for you.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know which strings she's talking about. It could be strings off of a musical instrument or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe when she's talking about women in STEM and then I see her holding the daisy, I assume she got it wrong, right right, Oh yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, it's a it's a publicity stunt. I thought I thought one of them had the greatest opportunity ever to get you know, just as you're about to, you know, break out of the the bonds of Earth, and then you just declare yourself to be a man, that you have transitioned, And that would have just ruined the entire thing. That would have been a classic troll because I'm identifying as a man now. So this is not the first all female crew ship. And that's the other one too. They're not crew. They were not the crew. So you can't call that the crew because it was it was flown by you know, somebody else in a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but what if there have been a problem. You don't think that six women in a capsule, if there was a problem, would be easily able to explain and identify the problem. Perhaps the ground control possibly men. Yeah, you don't think they because some people were fearful. They'd be like nothing, nothing's wrong, and they're like, we we're having a master alarm. We have a master alarm. I need to know what's going on. Is everything okay? Like it's fine, everything's fine.
Speaker 3: Well, she would rely on her expertise from the string theory book to identify, right the problem Now, I did hear that they when they were turned when the ship came back or the capsule or whatever landed and Jeff Bezos was running around it and face planted into the desert. By the way, the tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check out the rocket before it's all separated. You'll understand anyway.
Speaker 3: I gotcha. Well, my understanding is that when it did return, there was a bit of a dent and a scrape in the back left quarter panel that nobody. Nobody knew how they got that.
Speaker 1: I did hear him screaming like it's a rollercoaster on the way down. But then I really I might do that, so I probably shouldn't make fun.
Speaker 3: Of them, right, And also, like if you're gonna go up like a firework, Katy Perry referenced there, you do want, Katy Perry, I would think, like when you're up and then if something does go wrong, like you want, I would think you would want her to sing as long as I think she has the auto tune with her, then I think, like you would want that would be a nice thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's not fair. She did sing. She's sang up there. Gail Kingslan who told everyone about him. Yeah, but she's sang wonderful world, wonderful world. Yep, yeah, all right, hey, quick question. I even though he is he's getting the meeting, or he got the meeting, I took some sort of diabolical pleasure in watching the timeline of the Senator Van Holland trip to El Salvador. Yeah, because he made this big show I'm gonna go down and do this. Who's with me? And at first they're like, nobody's with you? And he went and then he sat on the flight down there, and only when he got there is he met with a statement from the Vice President and it says, no, you cannot meet him unless you have a note from your dad. Basically Trump's, you know, Trump and the Department's going to sign off. And I thought that was that was intentional, funny, nasty. And then he was threatening that all the Democrats are going to go down there, which I feel like probably now it's screwed up because they gave him the meeting. I wanted this to happen so that when they got down there, the White House could identify a mystery respiratory illness of some sort, thus causing the non repatriation of people by the country during a brief pause that could extend the two years. So real missed opportunity is my roundabout thing on this peak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just have them, you know, have the president Bouquela, give him a tour of the prison and then you know, just lose the keys as there would have been a troll that would have been all but no. And did you see that the president Yeah, he said, uh he put out a tweet. O. Kaylee put out a tweet that said, uh, this a Brego Garcia guy, miraculously risen from the death camps and torture, now sipping Margarita's with Senator Van Holland in the tropical paradise of El Salvador.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I kind of feel like that they may have that they may have done themselves no favors on this. Uh, Democrats in general, but specifically Risen Holland. I'm I'm pretty sure we're going to see that photo of him dining with a Brego Garcia at a hotel. So they did let him out, apparently of the of the supermax prison so they could enjoy a drink together, and then I guess they put them back into the prison. But I don't know, and I suspect we're going to see that photo emerge on the campaign trail in the midterms and in the next presidential race.
Speaker 1: I think they get there there because Van Holland got on the ground. He's like, oh my gosh, look at I'm in El Salvador. I'm not leaving the hotel. So that's the way it works.
Speaker 3: Now it's safe. Now, it's safe now.
Speaker 7: You know it.
Speaker 1: And actually that is the from a number standpoint, that is true because anyone, especially if you're a tourist, they like in these countries, these vacation destination kind now that El Salvador is, but like you get into the Bahamas and those you get into like Jamaica. Yeah, places like that, you can pretty much stab your fellow countrymen all you want. I'm not this is not a hard and fast rule. But now of course with you you you mess with the tourists, the they'll rain hell fire down on you.
Speaker 3: Right. They need that inflow of cash. Yeah, yeah, that's the that's the revenue generation machine for these countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like that's why they tell you don't leave the grounds of the resort, you know, because once you go outside the grounds of the resort, and then things get a little dicey. But every you know, all the criminals outside the resort, No, you don't go into the resort because that's usually like a gang or a cartel or the government will come and, yeah, rain hell fire on you for doing that, because that would then create, you know, the perception that it's no longer safe to go vacation in that particular place. But I understand, like I can understand different elements of these arguments regarding this case. I don't agree with him, but I can understand the arguments. The why I don't understand is this idea that he should not have been deported. I understand the argument that he should not have been deported to El Salvador. I understand that argument because the judge literally said, don't send him there.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. But really, let me just run this by you and the devil's avocation, because to accept the argument and the reason the one judge said that he couldn't be deported El Salvador would require you to accept the fact that he is, in fact an MS thirteen gang member correct predicated on Barrio eighteen, a competing gang correct wanting to murder this dude when he hit the ground. So also more if he's our but he and his lawyer are saying he's not a gang member, and so if you take that face value, then the previous ruling shouldn't have been made because it doesn't matter twenty two for them, No, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I don't think any of that matters because he got he got his he got his first hearing. Hey, please don't deport because remember the initial issue here is that he is in the country illegally and that they found permission evidence, even with the downplaying by his lawyer, which now we have new information that has been coming out over the last forty eight hours that does tie him to MS thirteen. And so no, he faced due process. He had his two you know, appearances, both judges said deport him. Now where the administration messed up was they sent him to El Salvador. I think the whole thing can get solved, but just you should have sent then Holland down there with a bus ticket and just drive him across a border someplace, or we go down pick him up and spam his soma.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Pe.
Speaker 1: We got to leave it there in your diabolical plane. But we'll talk next week and we'll be right back. Hold on, I'm still going to make fun of this dude, but I'm not gonna make fun of him for the reason you think I'm gonna make fun of him. And that's the twist. Ross text you to the story. I don't know if you had seen it there, but do do all right, this is great man, bank robber, bank robber captured in rock Hill with a cat on his back. You got, yeah, yeah, I decided to go rob a PNC bank and he had a backpack, but not a regular backpack, because when I tell you there's a cat and a backpacker, you're like, well, that's kind of mean because the cat's probably not backpack's got to be going one hundred miles an hour. But it's one of those see through with the airhole things, the pet carrier backpacks, so you can see the cat and the cat and out the whole time.
Speaker 2: We just got one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh do you have one?
Speaker 2: So here's the deal, So we have two cats, right. Yeah. Eleanor was left on the streets by herself and with her kittens and stuff, and it was a horrible story. Yeah, And she has no interest in ever leaving the house. So when the door opens, she's like hell, She's like, Nope, been there, done that. I'm going to stay inside this nice house and enjoy my life. Elliott, we've had him send as a kittenstic eater. This is the dumb cat, and he's adorable, but he's an idiot. He loves boxes right from Amazon and anything plastic. He wants to eat it. But he's he's lovable, but he's dumb right inside cat his whole life, his entire life. So every now and again, when we come home, we'll open the door and he likes to sneak past and run outside, and he sort of flops outside, but then he gets out there, like we're not really concerned about him running away. When he does this, we'll pick him up and we'll put him back, but we're not concerned because what he does is he runs out like, oh, I'm outside, and then he chows on the grass and he looks around like gona, oh, but what what is going on? And he just freaks out and he stays there because he's overwhelmed by it all. So we pick him up and we put it back in. So Marky brought this this backpack thing home a few weeks or she ordered it. I was like, what is this stupid thing? And she's like, she's like, it's for Elliott, and I'm like, what do you mean. She goes, I'm gonna put him on my back and I'm gonna gi him a walk around the yard so we don't have to worry about him being an idiot or running away or getting hit by something or being attacked by something because he's a moron. And we're like, oh okay. So I'm like, let me see how this is gonna go. So she puts it on her back and she puts the cat in and he absolutely loves the thing. He loves the thing and he's sitting there. So the fear he has that when he you know, when he gets in the grass and Ah is gone and he can just relax in the back and he's nearest Marky, so he knows he's he knows he's gonna be safe because he has no you know, eleanor the other ca has street smarts. He has no street smarts and he would be devoured or gone money ice game, completely, yeah, completely, So he just chills in the bag, looks around. She goes for a walk, she gets quote her steps into right around the backyard or whatever, gets some exercise, and she comes in and he enjoys it.
Speaker 1: She has lady carrying a cat around in a backpack in the backyard.
Speaker 2: It's our own property.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought she was walking around the backyard.
Speaker 2: Just the backyard. He enjoys it. He absolutely loves it. And I'm all right, whatever he enjoys, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is a good use though, of the backpack?
Speaker 2: I mean it's specifically made for that, like the air holes and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, No, no, no, but I mean taking the cat then on your bank robbery adventure.
Speaker 2: Oh that no?
Speaker 1: Oh, well that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Unless it's weaponized.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't have to be weaponized. I think it's a deterurn cat. Right. So, if you're a law enforcement officer in this day and age, right, what is the term that we use for officers who may not choose to engage in the same with the same level of aggressiveness that they would have in the past, even in their own detriment in some cases, remember, it's called the Ferguson effect, right, where it's like, ah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you don't want to, right, you don't be the guy that's going to be in the news, so you just avoid it, all right.
Speaker 1: So you also don't want to be the guy that shoots the bank robber but shoots the cat, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a human shield, but it's a cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I was inspired by this. You know how much a good set of body armor is, Like if you wanted to recreate what happened in that North Hollywood bank robbery, right, it's an ungodly summ of money. You know how much? You know how much enough cats to cover your body and shield your body as a weapons defense system would.
Speaker 2: Cost three cats there, like a diamond dozen.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. You just go get the free cats because you know they're just there so people don't shoot or tase you.
Speaker 2: I was looking into the cost of templar armor.
Speaker 1: Okay, as most people do regularly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would know the market. I was in the shower and I for some reason, my mind started wandering and I'm like, you know, it would be really cool to have some templar armor.
Speaker 1: That's for good ideas shtrike. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I got out, you know, and I'm searching the web and there's a company that sells templar quote templar armor uh in England and it was like a good whole body suit for like thirty six hundred pounds from real templars. I don't think so, oh, but it was. It was one size fits all and I only wear tailored armor. Yeah, I mean, you know, because that's a bad quatur. I believe it's the word rights pronouncing right. But then then the tariffs, so now it's more expensive, So I'm going to pass for now. But yeah, the cats would be cheaper, yeah.
Speaker 1: One hundred and right. And then if you do get a shootout and they're like, oh, I got a hold in my armor, then you go get some more free armor filler. Right, just catch the neighbors overwhelmed with the kitten berths or go to the pound on the free day. Nice sir, we need twelve cats. I didn't read the article on this on on the on the show yesterday that the article the email I got. Remember yesterday we were talking about bunnies, Easter bunny stuff like that, and so one off our listeners said that he used to hang out with his grandpa right back in the day and one day Grandpa says, hey, we're gonna go We're gonna go get some We're gonna get some rabbits. And there was a woman I guess in town. He was advertising free rabbits. Because I don't know if you know this, they tend to if you have two rabbits, you really have one hundred rabbits. Just wait a minute. And so Grandpa takes his grandson, who I firmly believe he took the grandson to sell the woman on the story. It switches diabolical as well, if I could just use that word again today. And he says, his grandpa took him to this lady's house explain to the woman that for Easter he was wanting to give each of his grandchildren a rabbit. And she saw the little boy there. She's like, all right, this sounds like it's on the up and up. So grandpa says, she said, well, how many grandkids do you have? I believe it was ten or twelve, So what the guy said, So the woman's like, all right, here's ten or twelve rabbits for the for the kids, for the grandkids. And then our emailer said that they went back to Grandpa's place, and he started braining them, skinning them and uh and basically, uh, he's just got a bunch of free meat. And apparently it's stuck with our our listener. But like, look at grandpa. The only he had to drag the kid along to sell his story was willing to do it. Man. So I'm just saying, right, animals serve purposes in a lot of different ways, and I think a body armor made out of cats. Plus if they start all freaking out, it's like a massage chair. He slipped through that pack. I'm assuming that they can't pierce it. It looks like hard plastic. The cat's claws are not going to come through that thing.
Speaker 2: Right, No, No, it can't go through.
Speaker 1: No, oh okay, we're perfect. There you go. So if it just starts jumping around freaking out like cats do, back massager free or cat body armor, and if it couldn't get any worse, the story did so. When police finally apprehended this dude, and they apprehended him because there was a GPS tracker on the money and they realized that the money was moving too fast to be on foot, but too slow to be in a vehicle. And so they immediately knew to find find Debo. Essentially, remember in the movie Friday, wou a Debo drive that bicycle because he stole it from the one dude? And so they just went around. They looked for a dude with a backpack, albeit one with a cat in it, riding a bicycle. How many in rock Hill, South Carolina? How many people do you think you encounter on the daily in rock Hill, South Carolina with a cat in a back He threw backpack riding a bicycle like that can't be common, right, even a rock hill it can't be common. Though, when confronted by police, this is crazy. He decided he wasn't going to go quietly, not him and his cat. So he jumps off the bike. He's got a nine millimeter pistol. Deputy's immediately demand he dropped the weapon, but he then started to move towards a more populated area, which is, you know, nightmare scenario for police. And at that point they said, all right, we're gonna use deadly force. So the officer fired, struck him in the gun hand, which for you gun grabbers, I keep hearing every time there's an officer involved shooting there's always some nit with's like, why didn't you shoot him in the hand, Well, you got your dream, you got your dream. I don't think it was intentional, but it happened, which caused him to drop the nine millimeter. The problem was, apparently the dude's a bit of an ambidextrious criminal, allegedly because, according to police, upon dropping the weapon, because they just shot his gun hand, he used the other hand to pull out a Filipino fighting knife, which is not a thing. I knew was a thing, but now I know is a thing. And it struck a martial arts post. It was with a Filipino fighting knife. And from there it was he's already injured. They hit him with some tasers, so he lived and all of that. But what happens to Shea the cat? That was the cat's name, Shia. I don't know, but now I want my full cat body armor, all right. Jeff Barr from the Weather Channel, he's here. Oh, and he told police the reason they came to South Carolina was to quote find other people to do a unity rally, but he couldn't explain what unity he was looking for, so that story fell apart. Some guy robbed a bank with a cat in one of those sea through plastic cat carriers on his back, and people think it's cute, and I think he was using the cat as a deterrent. So police didn't shoot him because I didn't want to be the copy shot a cat.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Jeff, Yeah, that's a pretty interesting story for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, South Carolina's got some gems, man, They're kind of like our version of Florida here in the Carolina. So speaking of the Carolinas, what are we in store for this weekend?
Speaker 8: Dry weather, warm temperatures, that's the story, because we've got a big ridge of high pressure in the western Atlantic that will dominate the weather pattern. So today up to eighty three with sunshine at times gusty wins out of the south. The load tonight down to sixty one under a clear sky will be an even a warmer Saturday to begin the week, sunny and wendy Tomorrow up to eighty nine, clouds moving Tomorrow night was still dry with a load down to sixty four, and then a warm easter on Sunday with a mix of clouds and sunshine to hide your eighty eight after a dry Monday. While the shot for some much needed a rainfall. Heading from Tuesday into Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have a good weekend, sir, and I guess we'll talk a week from now. We will have a great day, sure duties. Then all right, thank you, and we come back. Normally we chat with Jeff Bellinger, but we don't because the markets aren't open today because it's good Friday. So I got a couple more stories we'll slip in coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. And as you were a child, a young child of the eighties and into the nineties, for your middle school, high school kind of stuff, like you shared a lot of the same fears and understanding and then they weren't necessarily all valid. But like, look, if you were a Cold War kid, you thought death was coming from Russia, right, death from above. Here comes the nukes. So you'd go through all the drills, you'd watch the weird hey if you get under your desk, the nuke can't hurt you videos, which are obviously insane, but that's what you lived in fear of. For Ross and I was different, and but one of the leading things I think our generation had beat into their head because there were so many references in like cartoons and movies, and and that was that at any given day, on any given day, in any given place, at a moment's notice, with the quickness it takes to turn a one page and a Choose your Own Adventure book, you could die via quicksand Ross, did you have an unreasonable concern that quicksand could you know kill you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Completely, yes, yes, yeah, it was. It was a thing in all the things it was. It was almost a trope, if you want to call it that. You just assume the quicksand and I and and and then I made it through my whole childhood, and I don't remember any story of quicksand attacking people, So maybe the fear was a little unfounded. However, uh, Michigan has been making up for time. So now this is the second story in what like six months now, maybe less than that, where people in Michigan got sucked into quicksand and I want to know what the hell's going on in Michigan. First, why were you hoarding all the quicksand I assumed that it was around the corner in Wyoming, never experienced it, right, Because proximity is also part of the fear, and as it was portrayed in all these shows and movies, it could happen to you anywhere, at any time.
Speaker 2: Indiana Jones, Yeah, cartoons, remember it being on an episode of mc guiver once, like everything, yeah, everywhere.
Speaker 1: It was such a lazy device too, from a Guiver perspective, like what if he used sand to build a Pulley system? Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Whatever, but yeah, yeah, he told me the story off air my before we even talked about it. My reaction was, yes, it's finally happening, finally.
Speaker 1: A little bit. This is fair. They got rescued, although the last guy that this guy. So first it was a couple in Michigan and then now they got this dude. And I'm not picking on the dude, but like, bro, you look like you're pushing three bills. Like I understand when the quicksand came for you, maybe it wasn't even quicksand before you stepped there? What what?
Speaker 2: I just created a sinkhole? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, oh, this could happen to anybody. And you see the rescue were getting ready to throw them a cable. He's like, that really doesn't happen to anybody.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is another instance or scenario where gen X is going to be overly prepared for a catastrophic situation.
Speaker 1: We have a big, non venomous red Yeah, oh are you carrying it? Why do you carry that bob stricter everywhere you go? Quick? Sand, I'd be worth it watching their face just to tell them the reason. So they had to process it.
Speaker 2: And gen Z have no idea what's going on because they've never even heard of it, because it's not me, yea, what is going on? We don't know. We're like, it's quick saying, bro, come on.
Speaker 1: So all right, gen Z doesn't survive to survive the Quicksand do you think they are aware of the fire swamp at all?
Speaker 2: I think some of the more culturally aware ones are. Yeah. Yeah, there's got to be some of them that are aware of the.
Speaker 1: References of unusual size, Like when's the last time you worried about rodents of unusual size? If you're twenty something right now, probably never remember. You're the generation that thought pizza rat was cute and not literally how half of Europe died