Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Liones Podcast, where recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel universe and the comics, TV and movies. We'll go from Urs six one six to the Mojo Verse to Hell's Kitchen.
Speaker 2: In order to bring the Marvel units right to you. I'm the Man without Fear.
Speaker 3: Chris, I'm the nerve with the mouth David.
Speaker 1: Alliance a semi volume two hundred and ninety four. I'm back, as is my voice, and thank you Joe for.
Speaker 2: Hours, Lily. It wasn't kidding you.
Speaker 1: It was a couple of hours before we went live last week and I was trust me, I was doing everything I took me. But it was, as I said to David, he can vouch for it's oaken, Joe. It was like a bad cell phone connection me trying to even speak to them over the phone. Yeah, it was definitely you know that running joke of oh I'm breaking up, I'm going through a tunnel. That's legitimately what it sounded like was just a bad connection. And we were texting two and a half hours before the show about some show notes and some things, and then an hour before this show is like, yeah, now this ain't appening. Yeah, I didn't think it was gonna get that bad now again, I was also after that text, I did about two hours of interviews for UH for positions at my school, and that didn't help. And so I tried to do it. I drank, drank a lot of honey, drank some warm, warm tea. Just nothing was happening. And thank you Joe so much for stepping in at the very last minute.
Speaker 2: I told him my own one, not the way I wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: But you know, I couldn't even guarantee. You know, even when I was on the vodka stream last last week, I had to be very careful with how much I was speaking to I didn't get my voice really fully back in it really consistent talking until a boy Sunday. So but I'm happy it's UH. I can get back to some sort of normalcy. So but yeah, so how's been your week, David?
Speaker 3: Week has has been full of transitions with life and stuff like that. I am going to be transitioning jobs soon.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 3: For those of you who've been listening for a while, you know that me and former host of the show Brent met through work and so we will we will, we are no longer being sitting ten feet away from each other every single day, So that that that makes me sad. But other than that, it's it's all good things on the horizon.
Speaker 1: So so you can admit it. It was Brent to blame.
Speaker 3: I I told brenton if he had just made it worth my while a little bit more, then you know, put some reasons to stay than I would. But uh, he just couldn't commit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we can always blame the chiefs losing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, congratulations on your new ventures out there. I know you're you are happy, but I know Brent's sad about it. But you know, life, life finds a way. As Jeff Goldblum once said, so ye yeah, fun, but uh yeah, it's it's busy hiring hiring season in full swing. It's pretty much my life these days is interviews after school and trying to.
Speaker 2: Hire our staff.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's it's fun getting some good people really excited about it. But you know what was what was even better was this episode of Daredevil from you know, not, in my opinion, not the strongest episode, I'm being kind, not the strongest episode last week, but they definitely made up for it and we've only I forgot we only got two more episodes. Uh yeah, I mean, I'll tell you what. This this month that started in March has been really tough for me to keep up with with shows with Daredevil, Board again, Invincible, I have the boys, I had Shrinking, I have for all mankind. I've got like uh like I sy A.
Speaker 2: Monsters Mall is in there in there too.
Speaker 1: So I mean this has been like as as shows stopped start like easing off. At that point, I said, oh my god, please, I love content, but it's it's definitely one of those first world problems, like I just a little bit less, and people say, well, you can ease back and don't have to watch it all. I said, yeah, but I want to be part of the conversation and enjoy it. So yeah, you know, again first world problems. But but let us get this show underway and get with the network plug. So we are part of the Geek Ultimate. We are part of the Gee Ultimate Lines network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. The full schedule, check out the show notes below, and subscribe to the Geagles Mid Lines Network on Twitter at Guapod Networks and you know when all the shows drop.
Speaker 2: We also have a Patreon so if.
Speaker 1: We want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip jar to say hey.
Speaker 2: You think we're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: And then we've got our five dollar tour with ad for episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows. We've got a couple of shows on the back catalog for Marble lines. We can watch this all day, the Marble Alliance Infinity Saga, Rewatch the Tales from the House of X where we watch all our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men, and then the Baxter Broadcast, the Fantastic Four retro film reviews. David and I've got to talk about since summer is a little bit easier for us to do things, that's when you know, that's how the Baxter broadcast came about. We will maybe put a summer Patreon show together. At that point, well, we've we've got we've got a month to figure this out. At that point, I think we can pull something together.
Speaker 3: I do them most definitely, we'll come up with something good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but we've also got the DC Alliance guys doing their DC films through the years. We've got Joe doing his Multiverse minutes with Disney Dives looking at every Disney animated classic in chronological order on the first and the fifteenth of every month. And we want to thank our patrons. We cannot do this without your support. But if you're not a member of our Patreon, you can go to www dot patreon dot com backslast gua network so you can get all that lovely back content. We hope you're enjoying it and hope they if you. But if you can join us on Patreon, if you take thirty ninety seconds rate review us and Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, Meek, wherever you get your podcasts, were greatly appreciated. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Panelboundcomics dot com onto those hardcover collect edition needs. JP and the Crudo at PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service, emmaculate packaging shifts around the world. Earn extra discounts for when you order some more books so you can get free books.
Speaker 2: And discounts on that.
Speaker 1: At time of recording, this is the current state of Marvel for the FOC this weekend.
Speaker 2: Keep keep your eye on this weekend.
Speaker 1: Uh, the new pre orders will be going live hopefully by Sunday. Doing some work on it this weekend, so hopefully, uh the boss will update those. But yeah, there'll be there'll be some new pre orders up there, so we will get some fresh content and also get those nice deep discounts. So but you can use that code Marvel gua check out to get two dolls off every single order, or use that code m g WA sit to get five percent off when you order four or more books together. As always, we want to thank them for being our official sponsor. Yeah, all right, all right, So Daredevil Born Again Episode six, Requiem.
Speaker 2: So this was uh, you know it is.
Speaker 1: I just noticed something you had it in there, you know there.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: How some people were debating that Vanessa might have not died and I'm like, no.
Speaker 2: She she she's dead. She's really dead.
Speaker 1: And even when the actress who was on who Brandon Davis, had held back on a part of his interview from the previous weeks about it, talking about the death and how she found out things like that, it's like and still people were debating it dude, the actor said, she's gone. If she's coming back, it ain't. It ain't among the living, all right, there's a flashback, so so all all bets are off tast it's in their bodies dead. You know at that point, you know what, what did?
Speaker 2: What did you think?
Speaker 1: Overall before we start breaking down the episode of this of Requiem.
Speaker 3: To the point that I make last week, I have been pleasantly redeemed Daredevil through hands, Thank you, thank you. It's not a Daredevil episode without someone catching some hands. This was a last week. What was was slow and was world building. This one really ramped it up in a lot of different ways. We got a lot of different looks at various characters from a whole new way. I mean, I'm definitely looking at Buck differently after this, and some other characters so.
Speaker 2: Different. I was like, what.
Speaker 1: I've got things to say about that scene because I nearly fell out. I nearly laughed out of my chair with what happened.
Speaker 2: In my house at that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know it. It was. It was a good episode. I liked how Vincentinofrio portrayed so much without saying a single word up until the ending of this and that just goes to his credit as an actor and how menacing a forced kingpin is that again, just his presence, his mannerisms, everything else conveyed everything you needed to know. So it was a good episod.
Speaker 1: It's definitely ramping up to what a lot of the people have seen all the whole season as said, like this is you know, it's leading towards a big conclusion at this point, and as we've always been told, this is the conclusion of Viscus Mayor, so you know whatever that means. But we're getting some interesting kind of things coming coming to a head. And as I'm predicting, I still think my prediction is coming true. Not only is was my factor fiction right that Vincent was vis was gonna be responsible inadvertently responsible for Vanessa's death.
Speaker 2: That was proven true.
Speaker 1: And the other one is that because of her death, she you know, this is gonna make him go reckless and be the leading of his demise, because yes, he doesn't have any kind of one to hold him back. But that's when villains make big mistakes and get caught and we kind of start seeing the people behind the scenes who were on Team Fists start you know, rallying against him behind the scenes quietly right now. So it'll be interesting to see how that all plays out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Let's start breaking this down. So picking up from where the end of the episode left off. In case you were confused, as I said, whether Vanessa Fist died as previous idisclosed pineapple allergy.
Speaker 2: That's my little bit of humor there.
Speaker 1: Well, no, she died of getting stabbed in the nog and with a piece of glass.
Speaker 2: Just in case it wasn't. I saw that going wrong, pineapples. She died.
Speaker 1: No, no, stop stop, Well, doctor Morialdi tries to console Wilson with some I don't know what was going on. He was spitting, like I said, some metaphysical stuff about the mind and the body, Like.
Speaker 2: Dude, are you a priest? Doctor?
Speaker 1: I know you're trying to but where is this coming from? And Wilson ain't having it.
Speaker 3: What book were you reading before surgery? That this is what's what's on you?
Speaker 1: I mean again, I get what they're trying to go out, but man, he was digging deep and said, you know I ran for this moment all life. I'm gonna be that consoling and be that good doctor who has good bedside manner. Well, you are talking to the wrong person, because yeah, he don't care, and he just gives him the biggest bear hug in the world, trying to say thank you. No, he's not trying to say he squeezed the life out of you and crushes him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The minute he put his hands on Fish's shoulder and Fish just kind of turned and gave him that side, I was like, yep, you're dead. It's over for you, bro, and I just.
Speaker 2: Like he leaves him in there. Of course he walks out, and Buck's like, right, I.
Speaker 1: Got it, you know, he he's you know, things have moved on from Kingpin to playing the mayor game, and now it's up to Buck cat Buck Cashman, who returned very quickly from his upstate trip bearing the bearing a body with mister Blake. You know, comic logic, TV logic. I don't know, I don't know how long it was taking, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made it back from this must have been a quick return round trip, because for everyone to be back in the hospital that fast, maybe they got the call and they were like we gotta wrap this up and hit ninety five on the freeway to get there. I'm not sure, but yeah, they seem to made it back fast.
Speaker 2: We'll get a gun it to eighty eight and go back to the future.
Speaker 1: Ah. So at Venessa's funeral is held, and everyone in New York this morning except maybe mister Charles, who discovers Wilson has cleared out his cachet of weapons the CIA had contracted with him to transport. So it's time for the seat to go after the anti vigilante task for us. And you had a note in our notes here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fiscus back in his all white kingpin suit. Since rising to the position of mayor, he you know, dressed a little bit more informally like he had the different colored suits, yet the American flag, la pin, all this other stuff. This is back. I don't care. He's in the all white And it was also an interesting viewpoint from the funeral. On his side that he's sitting on is all the anti Vision anti task force behind the people in the church, and on the other side is the NYPD. There is a clear separation of the groups of people.
Speaker 1: And this has a lot in how this is is thinking his power. He's invincible because he just basically thumbed his nose in front of the CIA.
Speaker 2: Now again, it makes sense basing that the last.
Speaker 1: Time he met mister Charles buck took out his two kind of you know, mister Charles's bodyguards and was ready to take him out too. But he's not that brash, So it makes sense that Fisk is thinking that what are they going to do? Yeah, And at that moment, I was like, all right, this is the beginning of the end. You don't you don't mess with the CIA like this. It's been with who he is tied to, with miss de la Fontaine, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this is showing that, you know, again, Fist is back just full on kingpin at this point. He's not thinking things thoroughly. He doesn't have that guiding light, that compass to help guide his decisions and kind of calm down his irrational behavior. So this looks like, you know, screwing over mister Charles and starting this back and forth with the CIA is going to be the first steps to his eventual undoing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then, because enough isn't going on, we cut to the house in the suburbs where a young girl we later find out his name Danielle, is playing, and all of a sudden like, the Anti Vigilante Task Force rolls up and starts getting ready to get break into the house and they throw I guess think it was it gonna be a flashbag or something at that point, it didn't go. It got thrown into the house. The girl thinks of toy and she's running around. But as she's going around, you hear the anti vigilanty task for is getting their butts handed to him royally.
Speaker 2: We're like, is it? Could this be?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it is And so as the you know, everyone else getting kicked kicked out of the kicked out from outside of the house, the Danielle, the little girl, walks up and then runs in her mother, and her mother is none other than miss Jessica Jones saying this is not a toy.
Speaker 2: And what an intro that was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's one of my favorite thing, one of the number of favorite scenes in this But what a cool way to reintroduce Jessica Jones like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that was such an awesome moment. Now, I did wonder if the people who put up to the house were playing clothes anti vigilante or if they were part of like the CIA. If they're part of mister Charles's group because she does mention him going after you know people later. So like I was confused as to it wasn't necessarily stated who was who is attacking her, as to why, as to why she is now showing up. But damn if that wasn't the coolest scene. Just you know, all you see is the little girl. You see the stun grenade come in, and then you see this mom go running out, sliding in her purple socks and running outside. And next thing you know, everyone's getting beat up, thrown against the window, flung against the yard, and you had just having her come back in to grab it, disarm it and go that's not a toy. I was like, uh, our girl is back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what was just interesting? Is she.
Speaker 1: She being living in a in the suburbs, Like that's not Jessica Joe. That Jessica Jones We've gotten used to. So I've got lots of questions. You know, there is comic president. She has a mom in the comics.
Speaker 2: Who is she? Who did she have the kid with? Well? In the comics it's Luke Cage. Is this Luke's baby? Could be?
Speaker 1: There's that there there's definitely enough there that they could make that happen in the in the in between years, But we don't know who Danielle's Danielle's father is at this point. We make our assumptions it's Luke, but we don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hoping it's Luke. I mean, all signs point to Luke. You got this little bi racial baby, you know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm calling out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so everything is there, so what we will see coming up, But yeah, no, that was just a great way to pop her back on our screen. And again for the people who have been following along the way, it's just it's that great moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was definitely a nice little surprise there, but I think great reintroduction. So back in New York, we finally catch up on our title character, Mister Daredevil, as he and Karen Paige Freden argue about saving Bullseye.
Speaker 2: Also, if you thought Matt was.
Speaker 1: I thought Matt was mentioning who he uh, you know, mentioning who he The nurse I was going to be saving his life is going to be the night nurse. Unfortunately it's not, because no Clare Temple. It's a solid dead The character has been appearing regularly on the TV on this TV series.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, guys, no night Nurse.
Speaker 1: And so the tension between Matt and Karen really intentifies because again, this is the man who killed Foggy, and Karen argues that Deck should be left to die or worse, blaming him for causing and continuing the chaos in the city. Angela agrees, pointing out how much damage he's already caused. But Matt holding to those those Catholic ideals that you know, taking a life would cross the line that he cannot come back from well because I mean he did come back from it, but again he didn't take a life, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I he he is still having his his guilt from attempting to kill and you know Karen's over here like, look, what needs to be done needs to be done. I whoever got to get got got to get got.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the so, despite Wilson clearly going full doctor squish mode, there's still time for politics on this show. So you know, get ready, those of you like the politics on the show, like me, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Buck is spending some time trying to get the Lieutenant governor to turn on Governor Marge McCaffrey, while Governor mar is trying to turn Sheila, trying to turn Chila Rivera specifically, marje want Sheila to be mayor, not Wilson fist. How about that? You know that kind of starts aligning with some trailers we've seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Buck is very active in this episode, and you know, we're gonna get to the big part later, but even these little bits like manipulating government figures, you know, a conversation that's gonna come up right after this, Like Buck is doing a lot of work in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Buck is also tightening the screws on Daniel now that they've had the body bearing bonding time, which is kind of weird, but you know, you know, psychopasity psychopaths specifically, now that Buck has a figurative and little dirt on Daniel, he needs to catch bb Yurick in the act of snagging info from the mayor's office for a little secret takedown of the mayor account. Why Buck, you know why Buck, a guy who seems to be fine murdering whoever needs evidence on bb is a mystery for another time, Like literally Egan does literally take her out. You know, I mean again because protagonist and plot, but he doesn't seem to have trouble killing everyone else, so why are we going about it this way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's I think this is one of those things where he is pushing Daniel to be the one to take care of this problem. But yeah, he's like, you know, you got to set her up, give plant a false secret. See if it leaks, and if it does, then you know that she's right and she can't be trusted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And because it's over to a classic rooftop chat. You know, you get Matt in the daytime in costume. You don't see that too often. A nice little rooftop chat between Jessica in her classic outfit and Matt. Turns out that mister Charles has been recruiting people with superpowers for some covert reason, perhaps Valentina Legodefontaine trying to maybe get some more Thunderbolts action. And Jessica said, like she answ towards that. She's like, she thought about it, but she's not a joiner in that case. But he did get someone close to her. Interesting though it must would love to be Patty Walker. This is more likely an explanation as to why Luke Cage isn't around. Maybe he got to them. Maybe Luke's been doing some stuff for the CIA at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, especially if mister Charles promised him, you know, a safe haven for Harlem. You know, when we last saw Luke Cage, he was running Harlem, you know, as its new underground boss. So there could have been some type of exchange that would be something that would get Luke to kind of go along with the flow, even though Jess Could didn't agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's maybe just to protect him, you know. At that point. You know, we also find out that Daniel since Daniel was born, like Matt meant the comment saying, you're you're breathing a little different at that point, your heart is is you know, not necessarily, it looks like it's compensating because she's like, she broke a rib and he kind of looks at her, how did you break a rib? She's basically says that since the birth of Daniel Danielle, that her power drop out occasionally. So could giving birth have passed on some of her gifts to Danielle and so she doesn't have full access to her powers. You know that that was one theory I had at that point. It's not necessarily a comic precedent for it, but that's right now my idea of what she's meaning by it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is an alternate version, an alternate universe, first version of Danielle who inherits both her mom and dad's powers, a combination of it, and eventually goes on to become a new version of Captain America. So her being passed through to Danielle would not be some grand, out of the ordinary thing, and it could also set a precedent for future things about you know, how certain powers are transferred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not the idea of like her literally taking the abilities from her parents, you know what I mean, like the power net.
Speaker 3: But the other thing is that would technically make Danielle a mutant, because both Luke and Jessica got their powers from experiment being experimented on yep and the Netflix shows, but her having them through birth would technically make her a muting.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Ah, We'll see, everything's a mutant, right, got to get that meet and Saga coming out exactly. That immediately becomes a problem when they decide to cause a little trouble as they said, as they go into the warehouse and throw fists as you like to say, or it's gonna be throw hands, and Daredevil's whopoping some butt, Jessica's whipping some butt, throwing throwing things at.
Speaker 2: High velocity at that point.
Speaker 1: But of course, of course her powers decide to conk out when the I can't remember his name, the lead, a anti vigilante task force guy. Of course they go out when he starts, you know, pumping his chest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she gives him a punch and he kind of he takes it and he's like, huh not like he's really he's really feeling himself at this point because he takes a punch from Jessica Jones and he's like, hey, I take that with these not knowing that really it's just our powers are going out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just like, oh, of all people, he needs to be you know, cut down literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, so they eventually find a way to blow up the warehouse. So all the guns are done, and you found a you found a nice little easter egg there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The the crates that were in there were labeled for the Ox Corporation, which again is Valentina Alegra Dae Fontane's group, so that we saw this group that was supposedly being dissolved and no longer, according to her in her congressional hearing, no longer making and distributing weapons, but they are all over this cash of weapons here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, back at the government party, Heather Glenn, who is clearly extremely turning.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say she's turning into Muse. She's turning into views.
Speaker 3: The scene of her crying and the way that the tears are flowing, mimicking his mass and everything else. Yeah, this is definitely some foreshadowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's stealing kufflings from what kind of like she's some weird klepto psychopath at this point, like stealing from her best friend's house. I mean, I'm just saying her and Vanessa were getting kind of close there, which makes wakes one wonder if she's also angling to be Vanessa, you know, that could also be some sick, weird things she's doing. We don't get answers to that, but Buck does show up and goads her to telling him what Muse did to her and an example of what you should not do encourages.
Speaker 2: Her to choke him.
Speaker 1: Clearly, this is leaning into Heather becoming a baddie. Not in a good way, but I sure wish they'd get there quicker. And it was the weirdest, strangest, most awkward thing, the sounds that were being made. My wife was reading on the couch at the time, and I caught her when those sounds were remaking. I caught her looking up shed what is going on? I said, I mean, we don't shame people for what like turns them on at this point, because I guarantee you so, I don't know which one was getting turned on by that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't tell I Buck, yes, Heather.
Speaker 1: Probably it was weird, like I was out of all the things in a Daredevil MCU show that was weird, really weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A good uh close friend of mine, Anne, who is also a listener of the show, who will tell me, you know, some of the stuff that we say throughout the week on the show, she was watching it, and I knew exactly when she got to this because I just got a text message of her making a face like just in shock him like, yeah, you got to that scene, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I never thought i'd see something like that, but hey whatever. So back to Daniel, back to a different kind of awkwardness. While heading to Staten Island to visit his mom for his birthday, he tells Bbe a secret that makes her promise to not leak it.
Speaker 2: The secret.
Speaker 1: This isn't running for reelection naturally, that's that's a lie. That's what that was Buck trying to get him to do, is to give him something to see if she'd leak it out. So Daniel knows Bbe is the leaker, which means Buck can kill her again if he can't. If he can kill her whenever he wants, maybe get Heather to do it.
Speaker 2: She loves choking people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this, you know, he has his moment and you can tell, like Daniel is on the fence about bb this entire time, from the moment that she kind of invites herself to this birthday deal. He's just feeling really unsure, and you know he he gives her that thing and he's being real, real over the top with it, like you can't tell anyone. You have to promise this stays between us. I trust you and tell me that that you understand how important my trust is and he gives her this secret to check and see, Okay, is this going to leak out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, you know it's interesting, so.
Speaker 1: We we get the idea of because we were wondering that, you know, they get to Staten Island, which is fifth territory, just like how it's you know, another another very interesting territory that put there. It's a President Trump's country in real life accounting in real life, which is interesting enough. And BB is about to send the leak until she sees Daniel's childhood bedroom. She could decides not to leak the fake news even though and at that moment she's texting someone she blank and you miss it. She is texting someone very specific with the name Ellison. If you remember back in the all back all back to the Daily, Oh, Daily Bulletin, it was the Daily Bugle, Daily Bulletin. Ellison was the editor in chief of the bulletin that BB York. Her uncle worked for.
Speaker 3: YEP, so both Karen and Ben Urick worked for Ellison. He was Ben's Bosston. Then he's the one who gave Karen a chance to you know, flesh out some stories and kind of work within the bulletin on you know, hunting down the leads that she had and everything else. So he was a big player within the Netflix series. So to see that name come across her phone before she decided to erase the message was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So she clearly decides not to leave fake News and even almost kisses Daniel, but it's too late. He found the SD card with the dirt on fist that was slipped into her code a few episodes back. Good job to BB for not checking her coat pockets.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: This is also when Buck calls, so whatever Daniel feels about BB may be taken out of his hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He's like, you know what, I try to protect you, but there's probably nothing I can do now, you know. It's all on you. And she's like, protect me from who? Who's gonna do what? And his phone starts to ring and he picks up his phone and goes him and shows it and it's Buck calling, and I'm like, oh, yeah, this is some bad timing for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So back in Manhattan, Powell is is Onta Saunders and the AVTF member who offered to work with Karen and Daredevil a few episodes back. Speaking of that duo, Bullseye wants Karen to kill him, and he's more happy to comply until she literally is putting the gun to his temple that point and Daredevil and destin and knocks it out of her hands with Billy Club. Clearly they are at odds even if they want the same thing.
Speaker 2: At the end, destroy Fisk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was not a light throw either. He knocked the hell out of that thing. And she even goes She's like, ah, shit, like you really really got hurt with that.
Speaker 1: And I like how the costume is losing the black the black little by little, so it's getting back to the the red, the original red red coloring of the costume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, it was just, you know, he is again, it's showing how much they are dividing apart, how much Karen is set in her ways up, we gotta do whatever it takes, and true to form, Matt is within his ultimate Catholic guilt of we got to do it this way and that way. We gotta save whoever we can. However we can think about people full souls, and it's just it's a big riff that's going between these two and it's a far cry from episode one of them dancing and kissing underneath, you know, while they are hiding out. Now they are at odds.
Speaker 1: So mister Charles has a different end goal, and to do that he goes to visits the Governor, drawing a slightly dirty connection to the otherwise squeaky clean Governor. But probably more on that as we head into the endgame of the season. So she's abandoning Fisk and he's like, I can help you do that. I can help you get what you want. Is as long as he helped me out. We don't know exactly details, but as I said, we start seeing the beginnings of the end of people protecting Fisk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It the games are getting set in place. This to me is leading not only to the end of this season. There's gonna be some fallout that I think will take place not only in the Punisher Special, but also in Spider Man Brand New Day based on some things that we've seen from the trailer. It's it's everything is getting set in motion now.
Speaker 2: Mm.
Speaker 1: So the rest of the action takes place in two locations, City Hall, which has become split between the protesters against Fisk and the mourners for Vanessa and Fists Red Hook basement, the one where they held the dude who slept with Vanessa in the prison and currently contained that that white painting that everyone loves so much.
Speaker 2: It's particularly fisk.
Speaker 1: So starting with City Hall, Karen broadcast the confession about Fist prison on the wall of the building, which has a much greater impact in the show that even more horrible conditions in the basically the kind of facilities that have been revealed has the ice facilities have been in.
Speaker 2: The real world.
Speaker 1: As the crowd gets more and more unruly, Powell kills Saunders and blames it on the protesters, escalating things into a full blown riot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pal set this up from the beginning. You saw a couple of scenes ago when Powell goes to Saunders. He's like, hey, kids, you ready, and Saunders just, you know, he's a little shake. He's like yeah, you know, I'm righty. He goes all right, you're gonna do what it takes, and Saunder's like yeah. And then they get out there and he's got Saunders on the front line and he's kind of hyping him up. He goes pass him on the shoulders, like you got this, and then he pulls Saunders aside behind one of the vehicles and says, hey, I know it was you who leaked this information, And Sanders is looking shocked and goes weapons free kid and then just blows them away. And I was like, oh crap.
Speaker 2: I knew was you Saunders. I knew he was you. Fredo. It broke my heart, Yeah, broke my bam. Yeah, he was not long for this world.
Speaker 1: So in the midst of everything, Karen tries to help the kid from the bodega who gave bb here SD card, and it leads to Pale capturing Karen. The bigger deal, though, is that Matt and Wilson Fire meet face to face for the first time this season, and after a stylist shot of Dde's helmet shadow on fist face which was pretty cool, when he says I see you're here, Murdoch, the hero offers a deal. They both leave New York. Clearly, this isn't.
Speaker 2: About actual politics.
Speaker 1: It's about the two of them and the only way to save the city they both love in different ways before.
Speaker 2: It destroys, before it's destroyed. You know, I don't know it's you know.
Speaker 1: Regardless, Kingping does not agree to this, the two have a fantastic, really good fight scene between the boat of them where Daredevil. You know, it looks like occasionally Fist might have him the upper hand, but no, this is all Daredevil.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He is fully in control. Fisk is acting nodding and trol at all. He is acting out of anger and and he's just when it comes down to the two with only two episodes ago, he kind of he makes a statement to him.
Speaker 2: Say you you what was it? You can you can't kill me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and you can't arrest me basically, like you can't either what either option is? One's immoral for you to ever do and the other one. You're not a cop, so you can't arrest me.
Speaker 2: So what do you say?
Speaker 3: You you basically you have no jurisdiction here. And I thought, you know, overall, it's so cool. Like I mentioned before, Vincent Danafio, his presence in his mannerisms. This scene, this final scene of the episode, is the first time we hear Wilson Fist speak all episode, and that is when he turns around to meet Matt Murdoch. Like that is the first time he speaks. And again he is a man unleashed like Daredevil is composed those first couple of strikes that fist throws Daredevil's dodging him. It's only when Daredevil goes to throw I think it's like his second or third punch, and Wilson grabs his arm and just kind of squeezes it with his sheer mic. But other than that, I mean, he is he has just giving him hands and then he hits him with In the wrestling world it's referred to a v trigger, but it's that running high knee strike and I'm just like, yes, my boy is going in on this again. For the comic readers, Daredevil is an amazing hand to hand fighter, so to be able to see this live action version just giving hands like that and then going back and forth Fist picking him up and throwing him inadvertently throwing him into the white painting, which is further enrageous Kingpin, even though technically it's his fault for throwing Matt into the painting, but he's just he's losing it more and more. He's losing his anchor to Vanessa when he throws him into this painting.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And and.
Speaker 1: So at this point, you know Karen's captured Kingpins on leash. What does this mean for New York as we head into the final two episodes and will Jessica Jones and Luke be back. I'm pretty confident based on things we've already seen from trailers before the season dropped. There's there's a couple of scenes we haven't seen with Jessica Jones, so she it was not this is the only episode at that point. But the question is will we see Luke Cage come into this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm excited for that. Man, I'm so sad that there's only two episodes left. It feels like there should be more. But if they take what was just done and ramp up from there, I'm golden with that.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So we will see next week for the penultimate episode of Daredevil Born Again season two. So we're gonna take our first ad break for the evening. So the listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the geek Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud to give you that three count before they come on. Three two, One'll be right back and we are back. So we weren't gonna have news a new segment because there really wasn't anything outside of some small rumors and things like that. But we get a new trailer kind of behind the scenes. They call it like the intro to the Villains for Spider Noir. So let me kind of set that up. Change that out. Stuff that's screen sharing, try another screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a pleasant surprise. I forget how close we are to Spider Noir debuting, just with everything else that's happening right now. Like you know, we said there's just so much good television going on, I almost forgot this is coming up soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is coming in May if I'm not mistaken, So yeah, May twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: So all episodes.
Speaker 1: Love that, especially when we just saw the the times for it.
Speaker 2: It ain't quick episode to tell you that much done.
Speaker 3: Eight episode drop and they're dropping them all.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, like fortyish minutes each, and I was like, why why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: Tests All right, so let's see. Let's see what we got going on here.
Speaker 3: We start with a good look at Brendan Gleason's Silvermain and I mean he just he looks like a good old school villain, and I love Brendan Gleeson as a whole, but seeing him in this moment with this black and white lighting, like it makes me very excited for this version of Silvermain.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Silvermain was originally first appeared and Amazing Spider Man number seventy three, created by Stan Lean's John Buscema. He's a super vailed and he's a notorious crime boss, prominent figure in the magi fictional organized crime syndicate. He's usually depicted as an adversary to Spider Man and the father of Joseph Man Freddie. Silvermain was late later became a cyborg in an attempt to extend his lifespan. So I don't think we're going to see the cyborg version of Silvermain, but you know, again making making that idea. So he is the head of this crime boss, and so we're getting a look at also the coloring, the color version. We go back and forth between color and black and white or they call it, well, they have a name for it.
Speaker 2: Like true tone or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're saying someone burned down his mansion. And great casting, absolutely great casting with Brandon Gleason doing this, the at his his call, his accent, everything about.
Speaker 2: Like he he they did. He looks like a crime boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we heard him say it this this, this Spider Man is fresh Nicholas Cage word Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Yet we are calling a Spider Noir.
Speaker 3: Yep, you know. And it's it's so funny that there's been so much conflicting between producers Nick Cage and other people like what are we calling this? What are we going with this? Like I'm just wow.
Speaker 2: All right. So we get our first look at Sandman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an interesting look at you know, this version of Flint Marco and the way that his skin is kind of you know, changing. It almost looks like, you know, he's got some type of disease. It's not the traditional how we see him just go between human form and sand form. This looks more like, you know, something is attacking him or attacking his skin.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting he calls him an anti hero's power of the superhero. It's also what's killing him. So maybe the more he uses it more, the powers that he uses ends up kind of you.
Speaker 2: Know, gonna end him.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So we get our first look at Tombstone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very interesting look for Tombstone with them going for the old school aesthetic. You know, I wasn't sure exactly how they would do it, but yeah, this it's definitely a different look than I was expecting. So we got a year with two Tombstones for Mercer to be you know, because we know Tombstones in brand new day. Yeah, and actually three versions of Tombstone We're gonna get Friendly Neighborhood back. We're going to get this and man, it's a year of Tombstone.
Speaker 2: There. We get Electro.
Speaker 3: So injure they give him a different name than Electro. That that kind of caught me off guard, Like I was like, yeah, I like that. That's that's new to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mega Lot. Yeah that's I didn't catch it the first time. So yeah, Mega a lot. And it's like, I don't know how I'm feeling about that. What was wrong with Electro?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we do get some good looks at the at some of the fight scenes and the choreography and things like that. Again, I this continues to make me want to watch the black and white version rather than the full color, Like true, h yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna stick after watching this, I for sure I'm gonna stick with the black and white version. Because I mean those scenes just looked incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I might try it just for the first episode, just to kind of see it, but it's probably gonna end up too darring. And again the comics were very much all going into that aesthetic. And I'm again I've set up before, I'm a film noir junkie, so I'm all about this and what it's about.
Speaker 2: So it's it looks good.
Speaker 1: It further entices me to really looking forward to this show despite it all dropping it once, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: It's more more interesting content.
Speaker 1: And again it's Nicholas Cage playing the character he voiced, so you'll get that always too often. So exciting, exciting stuff. So all right, so that is interesting enough all the news we got for this week. So let's head into uh start with listener feedbacks.
Speaker 2: What do you got this week? All right?
Speaker 3: From Anthony Dorsey.
Speaker 1: Assuming last from last week, so we're going to get.
Speaker 3: You this is a holdover since we had a little bit of a you know, modification last week. We kept this promise we'd answer it. So assuming that huge Jackman, Ryan Reynolds death, Y Kean and Channing Tatum Will replies their respective roles in the MCU after Secret Wars. Which other three past actman actors would you like to see also keep their roles as others get recast?
Speaker 2: Why don't you take a shot at that.
Speaker 3: One then, So I've kind of gone back and forth, you know, even though he's getting kind of older and god, now why is his name? Escape me right now? But Beast Fraser who oh, yes, Kelsey Grammar as Beasts, it just it fits, it fits how I feel that character would be nothing against Nicholas Halton, what he did with the series and his take on Beasts. But Kelsey Grammer's Beast is just the voice, the mannerisms, everything else, Like he is one that I would want to have stay in that role because again, I just feel like like he fits it.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted this character to come back because it got done dirty and I'd like to see it come back.
Speaker 2: But Armando Muna.
Speaker 1: As Darwin, Yes, yes, that that character was done dirty, and you know, going.
Speaker 3: Back to the the first class iteration, Like I I don't feel like we got a really good time working with working with Scott's brother like he they have him in the original X Men, like he's they use him a bit, and they use him in some of the follow ups, but they don't really expand on the character that much. And so like having all of the Summers family give me that. But if I can only get a little bit, then I would take them bringing back sorry, give me a second smater sorry. So if they could bring back Alex Summer's havoc, then that would just be incredible for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I would love to see that too. So yeah, I'm trying to think of anything else that one.
Speaker 1: Again, I would love it. It's not it's not a big kind character. I just want justice for that character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, he had his moment and he was like, you know, I I'm darling, I'm made to adapt and then like adapt to this and then he's just dead and you're like, what.
Speaker 1: That's not how that works, not how any of that works. So yeah, so thank you for the question, Anthony. So Brent is asking a question.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Brent literally just asked a question all of seven minutes ago. So Brnce says, when Jess says she told mister Charles to kindly f off, but not everyone did, and Matt just goes, oh, like he realized something do you think she meant Luke and or.
Speaker 2: Danny, I mean maybe both. You know, yeah, I would it would be interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, like we said, we already kind of theorized Luke, but I didn't think Danny might be involved.
Speaker 2: But it would be interesting just because, like.
Speaker 1: Luke isn't the one who gets kind of be used, Like he's never been that way, and it strikes me as something outside of if he and Jessica, that is their child and the only thing you could ever have on him was like, well we'll leave them alone if you join us. That's the only way I see Luke doing this, and I'm pretty confident that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the only way I can see Danny being a part of it is if this is a Heroes for Higher team up and he's just following Luke just to you know, say, hey, you're not doing this alone. But yeah, I could definitely see Luke doing this for protection of his family or protection of Harlem, like there's something big that's going to go down, and he's working with them in order to not lose that control.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's we'll have to see.
Speaker 1: But all right, so before we get into factor fiction, the Compo Club will take our last ad break for the evening, So listen as he's ad to help keep the lights out of the Gee Cultivate Aliance Network. We don't get to choose what cat's come on. It could be a bit loud to give it that three count before they come on three two one.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we are back, all right. So factor fictions from a couple of weeks back fact to fiction. One, Curtis's death.
Speaker 1: Is what will bring the Punisher back into being the Punisher again. Eighty three percent said fact, seventeen percent In fiction. Number two, Jessica Jones will mention a current relationship when June when Luke Cage in season two or season three, I Dared to be born Again one hundred percent said fact. And number three, Vanessa Fist will be resurrected by the Hand thirty three percent said fact, sixty seven percent said fiction.
Speaker 3: I got time. I still got two episodes left.
Speaker 1: Stop trying to make the hand resurrecting Vanessa thing. It's not gonna happen like fetch all right, let me pull up mine. It's my turn this week, all right. So number one, since I was gonna put So it was rumored this week that coming from the rap that Marvel Studios, even though it hasn't been official, they are coming back to uh San Diego Comic Con in a hall h kind of thing, They're coming back. So I've had that sit in my factor fiction for a while. I even was considering a putting in my predictions, but I neglected. I decided not to. But hey, you know, it hasn't been officially announced. Stuff I wanted to. I could have done it, but I'm not going to put it out there when it's already been rumored out there.
Speaker 2: So I'll take it a step further.
Speaker 1: So Marvel Studios will announce at least one new movie at SDCC.
Speaker 2: If rumors are be to believed.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're going to put out there something? Will there be another film between Doomsday and and Secret Wars? Because there is precedent for this when you know we had we had you know, miss we had a Captain Marvel Yep.
Speaker 3: I am going to say fact on that. Where I'm iffy about it and why I'm a little bit hesitant on fact is would they release a movie now now that we are full on, full steam ahead in the Disney Plus area era, Like would they release an actual movie or would they just do a Disney Plus special presentation instead? But I could see them doing something big in an introm to kind of help advance that story.
Speaker 1: Well, let me clarify it, so I want to go backtrack a little bit. I'm just saying there's a precedent for them putting something out there. I'm not predicting that. I'm just saying that they're going to announce a movie. I'm not saying they're saying a movie between between Doomsday and Tugo Wars.
Speaker 2: We've already would have known about that.
Speaker 1: Like, there is nothing filming right now outside of outside of reshoots for Doomsday and Secret Wars. Like there is not a Black Panther product. There is not a Secret like there. We're not going to get more than one movie next year for Secret beyond Secret Wars. I I don't that that would There's no way in this age that we get you know, set photos things like that. You know, that would be the biggest coup if somehow they had a movie that no one knew was going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that would be just crazy incredible if they were able to pull that off. Just announcing a movie. Yeah, I could definitely see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so as all backtrack, IY clarified it. Need to make that, make that clear that, yeah, there is no other movie next year outside of Secret Wars. There's nothing. They'll be maybe filming other things for post Secret Wars, but I think that they're going to keep it just Secret Wars next year, which should be you know, again, that's all the need. You know, we had Kevin Davis and chat Saint. Marvel Studios doesn't need to show up at San Diego Comic Con to prod Avengers. They've got D twenty three to promote all their content to the public and focus on what you can announce X Men reboot, Ryan Reynolds, Coogler, h Black Panther three, first look at Avenger Secret Wars. Yeah, I think they're gonna have a balance. I think you're right. I mean, we said it, We've said it before, like Avengers Doomsate. He kind of sells itself.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: We will probably get a proper trailer coming soon with whatever, you know, as they get closer and closer, so we're gonna get that. But yeah, it is a good point to say that they don't have to do everything at SDCC, but uh, it is the year to come back and necessarily start building up the hype train. I mean, you have brand new day coming out after SDCC, you know, because it's not the same weekend, I think.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, different weekends. But yeah, I think I returned to SCCC. Even if you don't do a huge presentation, but start getting that ball rolling on. Getting back to that and getting back in touch with that comic book community. Not just having your Disney presentation, but being there amongst those fans. I think will definitely help build that hype.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So my next one, we will get some sort of official cast announcement for Avengers Secret War this year.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say fact on that it may not be a full cast, but I could see them doing something along the lines of the chairs just you know, different where they do a slow roll. Here's an announcement.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for a full thing. Yes, I'm a fact on the at least one movie and.
Speaker 2: Some sort official cast announcement. I just say full cast.
Speaker 1: It's like some sort of official think coming out of Marvel of who's coming into Secret Wars, you know. Yeah, And then last one we will get we will get hold on, we will not get an official casting for the MCUs X Men this year.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say fact on that I think they will wait closer to Secret Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, let me let me clarify this. We will not get a full official casting because if rumors are believe who Sadie sinc is, there's technically that announcement. But I'm saying we will not get a full official casting for our X Men team this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we may get like one or two names, but we're not going to get the full list. So I think I could easily see them just saying Sadie sinc is Jean Gray, but that's all We're.
Speaker 3: Sadie Sink will return in but that's about it.
Speaker 2: With Frank protecting her with a gun. Watch out, Geene, I got your red can't protect them? Oh never mind?
Speaker 1: All right, So I will post those on Sunday afternoons.
Speaker 2: Let your voices be heard with that, and.
Speaker 1: Let us conclude tonight with com Ultron Book six. So we left off with h basically got one team going into the Way Way future with Wolverine going back in time to kill Hank Pim because in his mind you kill Hank Pim, you end the idea of Ultron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's taking a page out of Rody's playbook, and you know when he does the whole, you know, we just go back in uh.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, but so we opened in the Savage Land. He is travel back in time, but he is not alone. Invisible woman is with him and they're kind of waiting for someone to show up. And who shows up that they're kind of waiting on?
Speaker 3: So all right, Nick Fiery shows up. For when Wolverine is waiting in the back well, first Sue Storm is there. Then they sniff out Nick Fiery shows up and it we get a nice young Nick Fury, I mean, in his his flying car. Even though this is the past, he's still looking futuristic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then we flash forward to where the other team is in the Way Ahead future and they're also in the Savage Land. But the Savage Land looks just as lush as as it was and they were kind of surprised by that.
Speaker 2: But then they realized Sue is not.
Speaker 1: There, that she bailed and she was a key component of them kind of staying saying hidden and uh so, yeah, they're they're looking ahead, they're they're doing what they need to do, but we spend the rest of the time with Sue and Wolverine.
Speaker 2: They go to.
Speaker 1: They go to find Hank, you know, basically kind of experimenting on, you know.
Speaker 3: On Dragon Man. He has him laid out and he's he's going full on, just has him probed up. He's taken samples from him, doing measurements things like that, just figuring out all the advancements that he can make off of Dragon Man. When yuh, Wolverine shows up and he's like, yeah, let me guess you just had your big grand thought on how you can f the world. Well, he's like, I'm here to stop it. And of course Hank has no idea who he is, and he keeps as like who are you? And Wolverine's incessant at this point, like I'm the man who's gonna take you out before you can do anything. He goes, yeah, guy, I have no idea who you are and what you're talking about, and just going.
Speaker 2: Back, I'm gonna go and in time.
Speaker 1: So we leave off with that, then we go back to the future where they they are heroes then come upon the the basically ultron An area and then they basically get ambushed by all these ultrons.
Speaker 2: I got one point.
Speaker 1: It's all these ultron heads. Hey we're Tony's like, hey, we're not doing so bad of a job. And then uh, yeah it's famous last words, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh. It's a couple of them at first, and Quake and Red Hulger taking them out and they're like, Okay, this is not so bad, and then a whole bunch descend on them, like Tony, you just had to.
Speaker 1: Speak, but yeah, Wolverine. We go back to Wolverine fighting Hank. He's like, what are you made of? He's slicing him last and right. But you see he told suit A wait outside. She's in there as well, and she tells him we can't do this. He said, Susan's norm what's happening? Get him off of me? And Wolverine says, he killed your husband, he killed your children. He says, there's a line we can't cross, and she and hanksta it's like begging her, like we can't.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to stop this.
Speaker 1: And Wolverine goes forget that you will never see your children again. This ain't about you or me, it's the whole damn thing. For what And it's like all those people who I would never do that, and he, you know, she basically lets Wolverine snap his neck slice him. I can't tell he snappers Necker just slices her. It looks like he just slid his throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like there's some blood splatter that maybe he split his throat. They kind of leave it a little bit ambiguous, but yeah, he falls to the ground and she's like, now what he goes? Now we go home and whatever is waiting on us, Hell will know it's better than what we've got left.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but in the future we see basically those heroes are taken down them Cat and America loses his head literally. Yeah, so their mission was a complete failure. Wolverine ensues mission looks like, you know, a possible win, but we'll see next next week.
Speaker 2: What what happened? Did they? Were they successful?
Speaker 1: And uh, looking do that preview page of the next issue, Well, did they win?
Speaker 2: Did they? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They you know, looking at the next issue, which is titled Present unaccounted for that, there's definitely some some changes to this lineup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but yeah, we will see you next for next issue seven. So all right, two ninety four in the books. We got again the penultimate episode next week for Dared Devil Born Again and yeah, always always great content. David, tell people how they can follow.
Speaker 3: You, all right, you can follow me on all socials at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the geek First Network. As part of our wrestling showed the Gimmick. We just finished our WrestleMania season, so we had a lot a lot of content going on there. Coming up this weekend at three pm Central Standard time, we will be doing another playthrough of w W two K twenty six and our playthrough of my GM mode. So I'm looking forward to getting together with the fellas and just you know, having a nice little playthrough continue our run on who is the most Dominant GM and where we're going from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that always good stuff. But yeah, you can follow me on Twitter at Chris Balga. You can you can follow this to show on Twitter at marvel a podcast. As always want to plug our sponsor panel bound Comics dot com for all your US hardcover collective is you need to use those coaches. Marvel Ga gua check out for two dollars off every single order and mg gua sit for five percent off when you order four and more books together, and you can email the show at Marvel Liones Podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Gigle to Midlines Network on Twitter at guapod network.
Speaker 2: Feel food to tweet email if you want to buy.
Speaker 1: Feedback dms are open across the board. Ask questions, continue to rate, review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, wherever you get your podcasts. We greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for joining us live in the chat. Thank you all for listening. Stay safe out there everyone, and a stand the man would say, excelsior, true believers. All right, David, what do you got for post credits discussion?
Speaker 3: All right? So I'm stealing something from our friends on the Geek First podcast when they talked about their Mount rushmorees of villains. So my question is, who is your Mount Rushmore of Marvel villains? It can either be just MCU or Marvel as a whole.
Speaker 2: Like for a mother No sorry, good note self secret invasion? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, in order to stop repeating ourselves, how about you take too?
Speaker 3: I take to that work that that I will, I will take too. But I also have one extra depending on on, you know, how we do this thing.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go Marvel as a whole because Marvel has a problem with also killing villains that you know should so I'm gonna go with you know, yes, it hasn't been seen in the m c U yet, the Destruction, but I'm gonna go with Doctor Doom as just you know, all in Marvel One, one of Marvel's greatest villain creation. The the amount of not only it's not he's not a fantastic for this villain at that point, the amount of effects that he's had on Marvel as a whole across the board. He is definitely one of the most powerful villains out there and has had some pretty big ramification.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say Doctor.
Speaker 3: Doom that that is is definitely a great one. I am going to go with one that applies to both comics and the MCU, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go with the Kingpin, all right.
Speaker 3: I In the in the comics, he he is such especially on the Marvel Knight's run of Daredevil, like his back and forth with Daredevil was just menacing, like growing up, the interactions he's had with Spider Man and other people just like he he is. He is that threat that you think could be like a real threat. He is the most grounded villain, but he he's brilliant, He's ruthless, like he just makes your life a living hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will go with Danos. You know, for both both MCU and comics at that point, beyond the Infinity Gauntlet, he's always seemed to pop up here and here out and affecting and altering. I mean he was part of two major cosmic sagas in the original Cosmic Saga with the Infinity Gauntlet and then the Annihilation and more Annihilation, War of the Kings and Requiem. At that point, it's he's had a huge effect at that point, you know, one of the major reasons for creating Cosmic ghost Writer too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am going to go with somebody who you know, I he does have his reasons at times, but he is he is still a villain, and that is Magneto. I mean, this man switched the the magnetic poles and kill everybody, so it He's done other things like ripping the adamantium off of the bones of Wolverine, like he is that guy. Like yes, so so Magneto is there. Brent. When I told him about this, he wanted me to give an honorable uh spot to somebody that he thinks that you would feel is the greatest villain in any form of marvel, whether it keeps, whether it be movies, TV or video games. And that is Screwball.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 3: The troll, Brent is no.
Speaker 1: See he shouldn't he just he should have just done at that point he really wanted to troll. He could have said like Joe Asada for uh, you know what what he did with the Spider Man's marriage, you know, yeah, one more day, come on. So so but yeah, that was a good topic. So but yeah, we will see you all next week for the penultimate episode of Daredevil Born Again. Uh you all have a great weekend, great upcoming week, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye.