Speaker 1: I am going to die. At some point, I will take my last drink, I will eat my last food, I will stare at my last sunset. In twenty years, very few people will remember me. In fifty years, I will probably be a distant memory. There are human beings who've been alive. I have no knowledge of whatsoever. The vast majority of humanity who is to come will have no knowledge of me. Do you know what. I'm absolutely fine with that. I have no fear about it, I have no existential dread about it. I accept it. But I'm really interested in those people who don't. I'm interested in those people who believe that there is an eternal afterlife. I'm interested in those people who think they'll be going to heaven to kiss God's toes and make him a very happy man. I'm interested in those people who think that they will be reborn again and again and again in some endless cycle until enlightenment is eventually achieved in a release from that rebirth comes. If you are one of these people who thinks that there is utility in believing in an eternal you, please give us a call, because the show is about to begin. Welcome, Welcome, Hello, everybody, Today is November the seventeenth, twenty twenty four. I'm your host, Richard Gilliver. I'm joining me today. It's a very very wonderful Godless engineer. How are you, Godless Engineer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm doing great. I'm excited to be here, excited to take calls today, and just in general just doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I've just done the pre show TikTok, and I was encouraging people to call from there, and it's very rare that we get two people on the show who were kind of soting to the scholarship of religion. So, and we're coming from different angles. You know, my background's in Buddies, I hav at a little Christianity a little bit, and Islam a little bit. John, you're more in the Christian end of things. But it really gives people a great perspective if you are a believer in the afterlife, or if you're a religious person from any tradition and you really are convinced and you think the scholarship is convincing for your position, today is the day you need to call and give us a call, because you know you are talking to the two people here who are really really on the same wave length as you. So are are you excited about this.
Speaker 2: John, Oh, definitely. I'm always excited to interact with people like you know about the stuff I think about, I guess, especially when it comes to like religious scholarship and scholarship on like Christian origins and things of that nature. I know, the chat pol is actually on slavery, which is another interesting aspect because that plays a lot into the scholarship concerning Christianity and like how we interpret it, like the scriptures and all this other stuff, and so like there's a lot of different I guess avenues that we could go down on that particular topic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be a very interesting one, I think. And we've already got calls queuing up, which is always exciting. It's great to have those calls coming early so we can give those callers the time they deserve when they're calling into the show. But let's get let's get the legal stuff out of the way first. TOKI then, is a product of the Earthist Community of Austin, a five h one c three nonprofit organization which is dedicated to the promotion of atheism, critical thinking, secular humanism and the separation the separation of religion and government at Tolkiden is a live calling show and we have open lines, so get your calls in at five one two nine nine two four to two or from your computer at tiny dot c c slash call th and as I said, those phone lines are filling up. So if you do want to talk to us, if you want to get in on this show where you've got myself and John hosting together, really now is the time to do it. Get your call in quickly so we can give you the time that you deserve. Before we take calls. We do our weekly segment talk Heathen to me which and last week we asked you it was a petty move when God blank And here are our top three answers. Number three, Colin Mattz, it was a petty move when God psyched Abraham. John, what do you think of that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's honestly an interesting story and has a funny little mirror, you know, in the Newer Testament. So that's definitely a funny prank right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, this is a strong prank. I think maybe a strong word for that really bad abuse. Maybe another way of phrasing it. Miranda Rensburg says, creating an entire universe just because you want to be worshiped is pete as fuck. I absolutely agree, John.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I've got an insulin pod problem that's happening to me right now. It's causing a loud beep. But yes, I think the creating entire universe just because you want to be worshiped is pretty petty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number one is x million who says it was pretty It was pete for God to demand for skin sacrifice the things that Christians have done around that, John, from your perspective, because I've got some call stuff to talk about on there, but for skin sacrifice, yeah only, I.
Speaker 2: Definitely do not vote for that particular thing at all.
Speaker 1: Nope, there were some if you have a look at particularly medieval history, there were lots of stories of Jesus foreskins in history. And I say for skins because there would be numerous ones claimed to be the fal skins throughout history. There was one particularly one particular lady saint in the Christian tradition whose name I forget off the top of my head, but she had a penchant for sucking on these foreskins. I don't know whether she thought it would give her some kind of magical Jesus power or what they Go and look them. Go and look the four skins stories over. You might want to be careful how you phrase it when you're doing the Google search for that, but go and look up those four skins stories from the Middle Ages. There were some huntingers out there. There really really are.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was just going to say, there are some really crazy foreskin stories, like going up through history, you know, to the point where people actually thought that they had that they had the foreskin of Jesus that they used as a ring, if I remember correctly. When my wife and I took a trip out to Italy last year, she looked up some interesting history and there was actually a rumor of one person actually using Jesus's four skin as a ring. So that was quite interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As I said, though, there are many many of Jesus' four skins throughout history. I don't know whether maybe there were just three. Maybe he's got three raving the Trinity. Maybe I don't know. Go and have it. We'll come talking shit now. The front for next week is without lying market the Bible to drive sales and see your best answer below the video in the comments, and next week we will reveal the top three answers. But of course we don't let the guest get off scot free as usual, So I'm going to ask the co host, without lying market the Bible to drive sales, do you have an answer for that one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Actually I wrote it down, so one second. Okay, so without lying market the Bible. So listen, do you want a DIY morality handbook? I'm sure that you do. I know that I do, And so you can pick and choose your ethics as long as you get this magical book called the Bible. You can love your neighbor or you can stone them to death for like, literally no reason at all. It's all in there. You can customize your values based on your mood or your political affiliation. Either one. Get the Bible today.
Speaker 1: That's great that you know what I think? After that, we should have a Bible in every classroom.
Speaker 2: Jokes jokes storm right, Ryan Walters here in Oklahoma is not taking that lightly. Okay, He's going to force you to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was great, Thanks for that. So we do we don't do this on our own. Of course, we have a great team behind us, so wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people mostly not mentioning any names.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 1: So there we go. Look at those lovely, lovely people. They're the ones who make it happen that we just turn up here and talk shit. I'm gonna lie, that's all we do. We have. I'm looking forward to the calls today. I'm looking forward to working with Godless Engineer. I am pumped. And I also got to meet Jamie the Blind Limey in real life last week. He came over and we had a few drinks and a meal together. So you know, I'm on a talk Keith and high I really really am. I love this show. I loved doing this show, and you know, I think it's time we got in to those calls. We have Matt from Illinois who is a church organist and wants to know how to talk to a pastor about their response to the threat of Christian nationalism. Matt, Hello, thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 5: Hi Richard, nice to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Hy. Let's let's get into it. You want to know how to talk to your pastor about their response to the threat of Christian nationalism. Give us an outline of kind of what you're thinking. I'm going to let godless engineer jump because I'm sure he's got more of a ball in this game than I have been over there with you, and let's let's see where it goes.
Speaker 5: Excellent.
Speaker 4: So, yes, I have been a lifelong atheist basically, and I've been a church organist sort of just due to a set of circumstances where I took a job a couple of years ago, about two years ago, and I can tell you guys that that I have been offsetting the sort of mixed feelings I have about doing the job to begin with, by listening to talk Ethan on my trips to and from work when I do that. So I've appreciated that, but I've I've just felt that lately, especially in the last couple of weeks, as I pay attention to sermons, I feel like there's just this is a Lutheran e LCA Lutheran church, and they're very nice people.
Speaker 5: I really really adore them.
Speaker 4: And it's it's more of a sort of a community thing then it is a hyper religious organization. But in light of events of the last year or so, it just seems like this very very nice pastor has to play this sort of oh, there's good people on both sides type of an argument when world events are going on and I think I've calmed down since since a week ago, but you know, in these last couple of weeks or just things I see in the in the sermons today was talking about a apocalyptic preaching and had a similar kind of vent to it of speaking like, hey, this is all a bunch of nonsense that people have. Some people think this, people have thought this for years, kind of debunking it, and then at the same time using that as a springboard to then talk about how much God loves us. So that's kind of where I'm at. It's not the biggest emergency. You know, I'm not going to quit tomorrow. I do like these people quite a bit, but at the same time, I feel like it weighs on me. I kinn't want to just ambush anybody out of nowhere if I were to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Right, so what are you are you specifically asking like, how do you how do you talk about like the Christian nationalists feel that you have without like causing some kind of like massive emotional reaction from anybody that you're talking to, is that is that what you're asking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, or myself included. I don't want to go into I don't want to just come out to people in this in this community and put and and kind of put them in that position. I'm not that confrontational a person, but I kind of am concerned that if I broach the subject at all and kind of say, hey, live you know, where do I Where would I start? You know, because I could easily start with just any number of things that really irked me about Christianity to begin with. But I don't accept and I don't want to. I don't want to put anyone in a position where they feel like they need to legitimately convert me either, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's kind of context dependent, like whatever is being talked about, Like if somebody's saying, oh, well, there's you know, good people on both sides or whatnot, and I'm like, typically how I address it is like, yeah, maybe that can be true. But I mean the two sides that we're talking about here are like, you know, one is you know, seeking to make sure that you know, everybody has equal treatment under the law. They're seeking to make sure that people are taking care of you know when they can't necessarily do it for themselves, you know, and alleviating a lot of the financial ills of the lower middle class. And then the other side just wants to milk the working class and the lower class for all that their work. They're wanting to destroy the economy and all this other stuff. And that's even on top of all the social issues that this side has and you know, persecuting minorities and all this stuff. So I mean, like, sure, maybe there's good people on both sides, but the topics that we're actually talking about here are not like a both sides kind of issue. Like it's it's a very clear decision between both sides. And I would think that if you're truly wanting to embody what most people think of as the Christian ethics I guess, or the Christian way of life, I feel like you would want to err on the side of the non conservatives. I mean, there are several different passages you could think of in the Gospels alone that portray Jesus as this woke person that doesn't care about like monetary value of things in their life, and they care Jesus cares way more about providing you know, social safety nets for the lower and middle class people, while at the same time not like bucking your responsibilities to like pay your taxes and stuff. I feel like it's it's Christian nationalism at its heart, seeks to twist what people have become to associate as the Christian narrative. They're twisting it into this whole conservative type of mindset, thereby weaponizing their religion and against them to make them understand like that kind of rhetoric as being purely like basically being a conservative Jesus when in reality, uh, you could easily portray Jesus as being like one of those woke leftists. It's just it's really kind of weird, and it's very contextually sensitive as far as like what you're wanting to talk about, So like, uh, I don't know, maybe if you could give me like one or two more topics that you feel like you want to talk about with you know, people in your congregation or people in your life in general, and I can tell you how I might tackle it, but that would purely just be like how I would handle those conversations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the thing that keeps coming back to me in my head when I envisioned this conversation happening. Is just that it that that that I would start a sentence with how do I reconcile and then length, you know, and that if that these are almost fantasy conversations that I that I have because I guess and this is the the maybe the thing I'm realizing as we're talking is that, you know, it's there is a fear of sort of uttering myself, and I feel like there's like I I increasingly I'm the one who is very acutely aware that that I see myself as sort of apart from a congregation. And and I guess that that makes me feel shy about asking any questions about theology because I'm going to expose myself in some way too.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm sorry. You go ahead, Richard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just going to say that that can be quite difficult a position to be in. You know, I've been in the position where I've been a guest at mosques, at churches, Buddhist monasteries, and and you have this, you know, I host this show, and I've been doing this ship for decades and decades, and I have always this kind of urge to go out and challenge these people head on and might really grab them and you know, shape them by the collar and say, you know, let's have this conversation. You can't always do that. It's not always appropriate to do that. And I think if you're friends with these people, you take it, as John said, on an individual basis, how these conversations run. And I think making yourself available is a really good way to do that, you know, to say, you know, I don't necessarily agree with you on all this stuff. If you ever want to have that discussion, my door is open, you know, come to me, and you know, I'm more than happy to talk about that with you. I think one thing we should avoid doing, and you know this is me speaking from experience in those kinds of situation is putting yourself forward as kind of not necessarily aggressive, but as being pushy to try and say, well, you know, why do you believe this, why do you believe that, Let's talk about it. Let's you know, that's not necessarily the best way of going about having these conversations. When you're doing it with your friends, you're doing it with your peers, you're doing it in an environment that you enjoy being in. You know, you want to keep those relationships, you know, open. I've just read literally and I have. I'm not making this up. I was just saying before the show to Kelly, who's back up host and Godless engineer. I'm in a band. I'm in a jazz band, Jets, and the drummer in that band I've found out this week. Yeah, I found out this week that the drummer for that band is a very new band. We've only met a couple of times, and it transpires that the drummer actually trains priests to be priests. And we had a brief conversation about you know, you know, just different aspects of things. Nothing too heavy, you know, just saying, you know, our talk we're talking mostly about religious scholarship. And you know that has opened the door now for any future con sas that guy wants to have. He knows I'm interested in the subject. He knows that if he raises it, I'm happy to talk about it. And where that goes in the future, we don't know it will be. You know, what transpires will transpire from that. But the door is open, and it you know, I didn't approach him. I was, you know, I was just saying that I had not learned I've been lazy. I've not learned a couple of songs because i'd actually been writing a paper about religious scholarship. And I just said, off the cuff, you know, I've not learned this song because I've been writing this paper. He said, Oh, that's very interesting. My job is training priests. It was as simple as that. But it has opened the door for kind of future dialogue. And I think that's the way for me. That's the way. That's always been the best approach. Just be open, not force it on anyone. Let people understand that you are there and you are interested if they want to have those conversations. But don't don't jump down the throats because inevitably, if you jump down someone's throat with it, they're going to back off and the not going to want to talk to you, especially and in that environment when you're there week after week and you're talking to them consistently, it can cause problems for really wider relationships as well. So i'd be very cautious about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I think this, Uh, you know, this is coming from a lot of a lot of time lately being out feeling outnumbered, and uh, and I think I needed to to call some atheists and and talk about to not just have the the turning wheels of my of my brain going about it, because I do. I do feel like I've been pure enough in my atheism for long enough that it actually, aside from the many ways that I that it makes me angry in reality in real one on one conversations, it's it's not something that I can't whether if it's if it's you know, launched at me. And also I don't need to be aggressive with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't suggest being aggressive with it. And I think that, you know, there's also the fact that, you know, when we started the show, I had to provide you know that that that sort of selling the Bible without lying about it. And I mean I was genuine when I said that you could do like a di y sort of ethics, you know foundation you know, using the Bible. You can literally justify any position that you want to using the Bible in various ways. So like if you wanted to ease into the conversation, like for instance, if somebody's talking about, you know, being pro choice or or being pro life or whatnot, and you wanted to bring up scriptures in the Bible. There's actually more scriptures in the Bible that support life beginning at first breath rather than at conception. And you actually have to sort of priss the Bible's words about, you know, certain verses about you know, God knowing somebody at the moment of conception and all this other stuff, when in actuality, at every point, life is not acknowledged until the breath of life has entered into you, and that is something that's given by God. And so like, you could go that route talking about those particular topics with the social safety nets topics. You could also go the route, you know, using the Gospels and the social safety nets. You could talk about how, you know, Jesus was there to provide for the lower middle income families and he regularly spoke against the richest one percent, and you know how they valued money and all this other stuff. You could bring up that whole camel through the or I cameled through the eye of a needle sort of thing. There's that on like on the diversity of genders that we understand now about human sexuality. There's this one verse I believe it's maybe Matthew nineteen or something. It's in one of the gospels where Jesus and his burros are compared to eunuchs, and Jesus speaks favorably about unix and like, you know, speaks favorably about abstinence and all this other stuff. And you know, you could definitely use that as an argument for the LGBTQ plus community because of how unis were treated at that time. They were, you know, well regarded at that point in time, and they were also not as gender binary, like they didn't strictly adhere to a gender binary and Jesus seemed to be pretty fine with them. So, like, for a lot of these social issues that you're talking about, you can definitely find scriptural verses that you can bring to the table and at least get them to think along the lines that they are willing to accept as opposed to like directly coming out and challenging like why should we believe in this you know, nearly two thousand year old book that you know has chattel slavery and sexual slavery and all these other different things that it endorses and has God endorsing, and that we shouldn't necessarily you know, take as good moral a good world foundation to build upon. So I mean, like you, there's definitely ways in which you can attack it without directly offending their sensibilities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense. I think I think I have I certainly have things to h to offer, you know, kind of conversationally without without ever even even going there. I think I'm I think I'm just really acutely aware of.
Speaker 5: My inner monologue.
Speaker 4: Uh, and I you know, feel feel that that that little fear of being exposed, even though that's not much of a threat.
Speaker 5: They're very good.
Speaker 1: That's really there's there's not not nothing wrong with having in a monologue. I defy anybody who listens to these calls. And I know this because I've done this before I was a host, and then I've been hosting these things forever. But before I was a host, I used to do this as well. You listen to the shows and you sit there and you say, you know, you answer the questions. And Kelly's doing it right now as a backup host. I can guarantee you he's listening to these conversations and he he's answering the questions in his mind as though he's actually having the conversation saying this is how I would respond to this. And you know, I read the comments every week because I'm sad. I read the YouTube comments every week, and every week we get people saying, well, the host should have said this, the host should have said that, and like, you know, when you're a fucking host, you can say what you want. Mate. But at the minute, I'm in this chair and John's in this chair, so we're going to say what we're saying. And you know, you know, Foisier displeasure with it in the cap and the fucking comments, so I can just ignore you anyway.
Speaker 6: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I think just one last quick thing I would also maybe consider doing is when these you know, if they're having conversations and they're touching on subjects that you think might not necessarily you might not necessarily be comfortable to talking about, it might be worth just having a look and seeing what other Christians think about this and saying, well, you know, there are other Christians who disagree with you on this subject. May I recommend you look at such and such and because they have a different opinion to you on this, and that might give them, you know, open their eyes that this isn't a Christian versus atheist kind of discussion. This is a wider discussion where people you know, even within their own faith, have different opinions to them. So it might open their eyes that, you know, it might not be you don't have to be a Christian and be conservative or an atheist and be liberal. Thinks the world isn't simply that black and white. There are lots of different spectrums on both sides of the argument. So maybe point them in the direction of people on their own side of the wall who disagree with them, and kind of say and go and have a look at what this person thinks, you know, have a think about it, and come back and let's have a conversation about that about the differences of opinion within Christianity.
Speaker 4: Sorry, go on, please, Yeah, I would say overwhelming that my my read of of everyone seems to be something of of Wow, these are people who are all still learning quite a bit about you know that, and that maybe that's some some of where my in trepidation comes, right, because I can overhear conversations and and certain things that people say where I'm likeing and and and there, and then my judgment comes in where I'm like, oh, if I know that, if I know who wrote the Gospels or didn't write the Gospels, then you know. But but I can I can accept that for being something that's that it could be far worse. There could be far more dogmatic views that I'm that I'm hearing. These are just things that people are really intrigued. Then they they they have a faith and they have an understanding of it. But that's that does seem to be open and and there there are those discussions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ma, I'm gonna let you go shortly because we do have calls lining up. Thank you for colling, and thank you for your kind words about the show. I'm glad that you know, with with being able to get you to think about these things and think about what you would say, and that you know that makes me happy. It really does give me the warm smile is inside to know that people are thinking about the show positively like that. But I do appreciate your call. Please call back and let us know how these conversations go if you do end up having them. I would love to follow your journey on this and you know, especially if you're talking to a range of different people and on a range of different subjects. I would love to follow your story on this, so please Matt give us a callback. I do appreciate your calling us, John. That was a great call to start off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I do have to hear howse conversations go so totally interest in that.
Speaker 1: Yes, stay tuned for more exciting calls. As many of you know, we haven't not going to do that accident again. I apologize to all Americans, Canadians, or anyone who sounds vaguely like that, because it's all you all sound the same to me. As many of you know, we have initiated phrase two of our brick fundraiser. We want to highlight some of the standout orders we've received. This week's featured brick goes out to Joseph. They are always saying God loves us. If that's love, I'd rather have a bit of kindness. Thank you for your purchase, Joseph, and you too can get your brick at tiny dot cc slash Acea Bricks. I'm not going to lie. I've had an idea for a brick for a long time and I don't know whether they'd let me do it, so I've not put it forward because it is a bit naughty. So anyway, brushing swiftly moving on. If we get ten dollars, that's real US dollars plus worth of superchats, godless Engineer will channel the spirit of Jesus Christ into a puppet for the world to enjoy. That's ten ten dollars plus superchats. So if we get one hundred dollars in superchats, we are going to get John channeling uh and I almost came over came over himself then, because I'm and of course available on tiny dot cc slash ACA, flyers are principal calling flyers post these with permission. Of course, we don't want anybody getting into trouble, so community bulletin boards so people know they should call our show and defend their faith. If you do post any flyers, make sure to snap a picture of it and place it of it in place and send it to TV at Atheist Hyphencommunity dot org, and we may feature your photo on an upcoming show. And as always we have merch you can get your talk he then merch at tiny dot cc slash slash merch aca, where you can get teas, hoodies, crop tops, hats, tumblers, mugs, all sorts of things. If you like one of our hosts, Sophia, who has just had a brand new little baby, you can get little baby clothes on there and everything. So you get yourself over there and proudly represent and I will be very very happy if I see see In fact, I will make this pledge now if I see any person in real life, if I bump into any of you in real life. This largely applied to British fans of the show. But if I bump into you in any of you in real life wearing Talk Heathen merch I will personally buy you a second item of merchandise. I promise you. I will have a selfie with you, we will post it on the Talk Heathen Facebook page, and I will personally buy you a second item of merchandise and send it to you. So get representing people, especially if you're over on my side of the pond. Like the video and subscribe to the channel. Enable notifications and comment below on your favorite caller. We have calls lining up. I am going to take. I'm going to take because I asked Dee to call in on this subject and we love d on this show. Anyway, But I kind of I challenged a little bit something I heard D say to another couple of hosts a couple of weeks ago. So I wanted to just bring that D. Hello, how are you.
Speaker 2: Hi, Richard.
Speaker 7: Nice to talk to you again.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to no, don't worry.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say, John, I'm really glad to finally talk to you as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm glad that you called in today. So what question did you have?
Speaker 7: So I had a discussion with Sophia and objectively Dan two or three weeks ago, Mike uh and Richard let me know that he kind of wanted to have a further discussion on that. So tell me what you want. You want to know, Richard.
Speaker 1: So I actually wanted to such on two aspects of something you brought up in that call. Firstly, that you were a secular Buddhist and Buddhism is my it's my bag, baby, So I wanted to kind of go into that a little bit with you. But also, you know, we had this, you had this conversation with Sophia and Dan, and you were talking about people who were coming out of religion. And tell me if I'm misrepresenting you at any point year. This is how I understood it, and you know, you were kind of saying you shouldn't, we shouldn't kind of challenge them so hard because they're in a transitional phase. So they might have come out of an orthodox religion and be going through some kind of spiritual phase, still holding on to supernatural beliefs, and when they're in that stage, we shouldn't challenge people as hard. Am I on the right lines there generally yes, right, So this is this is this is kind of what my objection was to that, And I'd love to hear your response to this. I don't know when I'm talking to somebody whether you know, unless they specifically state I have come out of a religion and I now believe this, And even then, I do not know for certain that that is a transitional phase. Somebody could have left mainstream religion, somebody might have always held onto this supernatural belief and I think making the assumption that's a transitional stages is quite dangerous thing to do. And to say, then, well, I'm not going to challenge this person as hard as I would if they were within religion. I think that's doing the disservice to kind of educating and education using critical thinking and skepticism and things. You know. I want to I want people to have a better toolbox, regardless of whether they're in a transitional phase or what their beliefs are. You know, if they don't believe in a god, but they believe in some kind of expirit ghosts, things like that, I think those people still should be challenged on those beliefs. And in fact, in my experience, and I can only talk from my own experience here, I've found much more pushback from people who hold those kind of vague supernatural beliefs than I have from people who hold on to kind of orthodox religious beliefs. I've found people with orthodox religious beliefs are much more open to talk about it, whereas people with kind of vague supernatural beliefs tend to really really kind of not want to have the conversation. They kind of really reluctant to have the conversation. And I don't know whether that is because, you know, the kind of inner head space where they kind of maybe know that it's all bullshit, that they don't really want to acknowledge that. So I'm going to ask you as a person who is you know, self identified being in that space. Is it possible the reason you think that we should not be as hard on people in this transitional stage or hold these beliefs because you think within yourself that you might have to acknowledge that they are irrational.
Speaker 7: You know what, Richard, You're absolutely right. I was speaking out of personal experience on several occasions, and having said that, I want to mention that I challenge myself almost daily, you know, when I come up or whenever those thoughts or feelings come up, I challenge myself. And number one, you know how important is it to how important is it to me to believe it? And I shed a little bit every time I do that. I want I mainly wanted to talk about some of the things I've heard. I'm talking about people who aren't interested in educating so much as they are in having gotcha moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've got.
Speaker 7: It wasn't very clear about that, I don't think.
Speaker 4: No, I.
Speaker 1: Really appreciate the clarification. I really really do, because you know, I, you know, it's very I'm probably one of the most vocal people on this in this space that I know of, But I have as many arguments with atheists as I do with theists in these social media spaces, because you know, I'm all about kind of giving people better, better frameworks to think by, you know, better ways to assess what they believe. That's that's really what my bag is. And you know, atheists are as guilty of needing that as many theists are in a lot of respects. And you know, so I appreciate that clarification from you, I really really do, because a lot of atheists are out there to give gotcha moments to people, So I completely understand where you're coming from that. On that, Having said that, I want to hear from John because this isn't the Richard Gilliver Show. It's the Talk Ethen and we have two horse on here, so I'm gonna let John kind of take over for a while give his opinion on the matter. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I generally am perceived to be like a pretty strong personality, and and and I generally come out strong. I usually try. I don't I don't try to give any quarter I guess to somebody in a conversation, but that that's real, that really is depending on the topic that's being discussed, you know, because if it's if it's a conversation over like whether or not women should have bodily autonomy, and they're basing their whole argument on God, I'm less likely to you know, give somebody an e time on that particular topic as opposed to like a topic about Christian origins. Yeah, and so like, it is very context sensitive for me as to when I'm more understanding and more accepting of people going through a transitional phase, either coming out of religion or whether they're still in religion and they're just questioning their beliefs. It really kind of depends, like general conversation about God. You know, I'm gonna be a lot easier on people. But if we're talking about God in a moral aspect or like why or like you know, how you have to be a Christian or some kind of religious person in order to really be able to ground your morality. You know, in reality, I feel like I'm less likely in those situations to be understanding of those things because like my mind immediately goes to how immoral the Bible is and how that causes people on a number of different topics to just say horrible things and they think that it's just normal, like it's because it's normalized to them, so they don't understand the depravity of what they're saying. And so I guess I feel like, in the conversation, my goal is to really highlight the depravity of their statements. And if I have to be a little forceful or a little maybe bombastic or you know, harsh, if you will, in that conversation in order to get them to understand the depravity of their statements, then I don't have a problem with doing that. I know, on a call in show recently, we were talking about sexual slavery in the Old Testament, how God commanded it and everything like that, and I phrased it in a very uncomfortable way because I, you know, I was talking about how God commanded Israelite men to fluck children, because that's what it was. It was a grown ass man that we're you know, having sex with children, and so I phrased it in a very uncomfortable way for the caller, and so the caller was like, can we not talk about it in this kind of way? And so I just asked them, I was like, Okay, in what way can we talk about fucking children? That would placate your sensibilities because I feel like there's no way that we can talk about that particular subject and how that subject exists in the Bible in a way that's nice, in a way that makes them not feel icky about it, because it should make you feel icky. You know, it should be a disgusting conversation to have. But the fact that somebody wants to make the conversation easier to have, I feel like it just shows how they don't actually want to talk about the harsh realities of the Bible. They just you know, they're used to the Bible giving them comfort and everything like that. And I totally agree. I totally understand that, not trying to take that away from anybody, but at the same time, you have to acknowledge these harsh realities that are portrayed in the Bible. And so I guess all to bring this all back together and so I can stop talking, is that, you know, it depends on the context, and it depends on what topic is being discussed as to whether or not I'm harsh or if I'm more understanding. And so I think having a good gauge of that in the conversation you're having is key.
Speaker 7: And I absolutely agree. I want to make it clear that my opinion was never that we shouldn't push back on the horrible ship that people say to defend their religion. That was never my position.
Speaker 1: I think I think for me it's that clear in previous calls as well. The quite halfit's a push back on her things, you know, and we appreciate that from you on this show.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you well, thank you for allowing me to clarify and for giving me your thoughts. I really do agree with both of you, and I probably could have phrased it all a little better, So thank you.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: The more conversations we have, the better we have a you know, get at having them. And you know, I'm aware that you're new to this space of having these conversations, and you know, and you've always been a welcome caller. Before you go, I'm not letting you go, leting you're off the hook that easily. I want to talk to you a little bit about secular Buddhism and what it means to you, because I never get a chance to talk about Buddhism on this show. So I'm going to gosh darn it, grab it with both hands while I do have the opportunity. What what what does secular Buddhism mean to you? And how do you view Buddhism on the whole. Do you think secular Buddhism is a good representation of Buddhism on the whole.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it is because good Talma never claimed to be a supernatural being. He was just someone who will had some really insightful I don't know Tiffany's or whatever about.
Speaker 1: How I just feel any to intrupt you at this point. Have you ever read the Buddhist scriptures?
Speaker 7: I've read some, not.
Speaker 1: Not a lot, having a hard copy of the Tipy Tarka, which is the you know, the Buddhist equivalent of the Bible, if we want simplify things to that extent, which is eleven times longer than the Christian Bible. Roughly give a take. There is plenty of supernatural stuff, both claimed by the Buddha and performed by the Buddha. He you know, it says that a monk who has achieved such a level of kind of insight, of power, of meditative powers can transport themselves through walls. It says that they you know, he himself claims to and have outstretched his arms and traveled to one of the Brahma heavens to talk to God. He claims to have the psychic powers of being able to read them people's minds and see the future. You know, he has all these mystical powers, all these supernatural powers that many people who kind of come to Buddhism from the Western or secular perspective. And I'm certainly not criticizing that, by the way, because you know, the secular perspective of looking at Buddhism is a legitimate way of looking at it. So I'm not saying that, you know, you are not a true Buddhist by any stretch of the imagination. What I'm saying is there is a wider perspective. And you know, in religious studies, and I was talking about this before the show with the other guys. You know, when you've got a religion, whether you've got Christianity or Islam or Buddhism, what we say is that there are Buddhisms or Christianities because you don't have the whole scope of a religion is so wide that you don't have a one size fits all kind of thing. And whereas secular Buddhism is perfectly legitimate to practice and not accept those supernatural beliefs. You know, I don't accept the supernatural beliefs of Buddhism, and I've been practicing Buddhist meditation for over twenty years, so I certainly get it, as I certainly do get it. But that is not to say that Buddhism or Buddhisms are devoid of those beliefs. And certainly, if you're coming from a scriptural point of view, whether that's the terra Vada, which is the kind of oldest school of Buddhism we have, or the Mahayana, which is the other major school of Buddhism, and Vadriana, which is sometimes classed as a separate school, but it's a subset of Mahaiana. All of those traditions contain significant supernatural elements. When you're looking at the scripture, and the scripture, you know, the tippy Taka, especially the you know, the section of it that deals with the Buddha's direct teachings and the teachings of his disciples, they contain lots and lots and lots of examples of the supernatural. So I would really really encourage you to kind of go out and look at those scriptural references, to have a look at the wider perspective of Buddhism and kind of just have a look and like educate yourself. I guess a little bit more on the religion as a whole, because I think you'll find some of the stuff in there very very interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Mostly what I have been reading are the Dalai Lama's books. Right now, I'm trying to work my way through some teaching he's written on the four Noble Truths.
Speaker 1: The dala Alama comes from from the high on the school. Tibetan Buddhism is a subset of them are high on the school, and you know, just to give you an example, and you know, it's a communicator. The Dalilong is a communicator for Buddhism to a largely Western audience. The West has been very good to him in Tibet's exile, you know, Tibetan Buddhism's exile from Tibet into India and other places. And you know, he's you know, from being very very young, he has developed a good relationship with the West and communicating Buddhist ideas to the West. What it doesn't necessarily do very clearly is put forward these, you know, the more supernatural claims. I mean, in Tibetan Buddhism, for example, you have you have stupas which they burn. I can't remember what planet is, but it sends he's fragrant, you know, plumes of smoke into the skies. And you know, from the religion perspective, they are there to help people who have died and are going to be reborn to kind of climb up into the heavens and achieve a good rebirth and the like. And you know the Dalai Lama talks himself about you know, the dial Lama is supposed to be a reborn figure himself, a body satva, reborn from a figure called Avalog Savara and or kwan Yin if you want the simpler name. That's another aspect of that figure is supposed to have been born from. And yeah, yeah, and when when it is better, monkey is reborn. In fact, there's a there's a film out from then. I think it's from the nineties with starring Keanu Reeves. Now I will warn you because this is not it's very unacceptable. This Reeves does do blackface in the film, so you know, it's something to be aware of before watching it. But in that that film actually talks about this reincarnation pro that all the alarmers go through, that all significantly high ranked larmers go through of demonstrating that they have been reborn, that they are the reincarnation of a particular figure. So when this current Diali Lama dies, his successor will be chosen because they believe it is his. It's not a soul, because there is no soul in Buddhism, but the five candors, which are the things that are reborn in Buddhism, goes on into a new body. And when that body it comes to fruition, and that that child is born, they will put them to a test and give personal items of the current ally Lama so that child to see if he can pick out his items, and if he can't do so, it will be called the you know, it will be announced as the reincarnation of the fourteenth current Ali Lama and be announced the fifteenth dial Lama. So even though the Dalai Lama is a spokesperson for Yeah, so we go on.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I saw that in a movie about the Darling law Man. I thought I didn't. I thought that was just Hollywood, but that really will know that.
Speaker 1: Is that is the actual process that they go through of choosing, you know, the red next reincarnated Lama. But I'm going to leave you with that because we have lots of callers and I will talk for it. He buddies and if I get chance to do so, which probably not monologue, so you know, hit us up again. They let us know how you get on. But I do appreciate the call. I always enjoy it when people call up and want to talk to me directly about, you know, either something I've said or something I'm challenging them on personally. So I really really do appreciate that. And we'll see you again soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was John. I know I kind of left you out a.
Speaker 2: Bit that, but no, no, that's perfectly fine. I was actually thinking the way that you were describing that reminds me of Avatar the Last Airbender. How the aer Nomads were able to identify who the reincarnated Avatar was is the exact same way that you were describing them pitching out the I guess it's the next Darli Lama is that who you ye?
Speaker 1: Any any high ranking dark larmas in Tibetan Buddhism tend to go through this same process we have. We have some superchats. We're also I'm going to do some super chats. Then we're going to read the patrons out the top five patrons, and let's look at the superchats.
Speaker 5: First. We have do do.
Speaker 1: Miranda Rensburger, who has posted this twice, very kindly. Miranda, you could have said something else, you know as well, ten dollars saying November twentieth it's transgender Date of Remembrance data honor trans people who have lost their lives to violence or self arm. Let's work against people using religion as an excuse for their hate. Absolutely, Miranda, I'm totally behind that, and in fact, not just religious people, because there are many many non religious people will have this weird, fucking I thing against trans people which I don't get or to go out and read the fucking science. So onic people, please, Daniel show a shower. I'm going to get this wrong because I always do with pronunciation. So in nineteen ninety nine, thank you for that who said I want to hear from puppet Jesus. Well, maybe you will get to hear from puppet Jesus. We just needed a few more people to throw us some ten dollars super chats and le's let's go down that route. We have the patrons, John, can you see those? Do you want to read those out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure I can so. Top five patrons are Oops, all Singularity, Klevey, Hell very sorry. I'm terrible pronouncing names on occasion except for this next one. Dingle Berry Jackson left in the leaves. Brian zoup Key honorable mentioned number six and Paul Sherman.
Speaker 1: Absolutely thank you for that. If you want to become a Patreon you can is you can go to our patreon at tiny dot c set slash patreon th And on that note, we have started recording the Tokienen Discord after show for all levels of paid patrons. I'm going to be there today, John's going to be there today, and Kelly, our backup host, will also be there today. So you're going to get a lot of content out of that. So if you can't join us live, join the patreon and you can get all of those recorded after shows and sometimes we get some great insights We get to see a little bit more into the host's kind of personal lives, and it's all there for you on that Patreon for you to get. So I'm going to jump into another call. We have calls up on calls on calls, and we're to take Stephen from Florida, who wondering why is lamotophobia it is called is lamophobia. Steven took us through it. Well, ye're asking us.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, I'm just wondering, like, Islam is the religion for the Muslim people, and so when people say transphobia or homophobe, they're talking about you know, those groups of people. And so I don't understand why we call it Islamic phobia, because anybody who basically believes in separation of church and state would be an Islamic phobe just the way they would be a Christian, you know, nianity phobe.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Well, so as far as Islamophobia goes, Islamophobia is more about making generalized statements or conclusions about someone simply because they are Muslim or they or you perceive them to be Muslim. So like if you automatically think that they're you know, a terrorist or something like that just because they are Muslim that would be a case of islam a phobia. Simply being for the separation of church and state is not any kind of phobia because we're I mean, while we are afraid of, you know, what would happen if religion takes over our government, that's not the main driving force behind it. And it's also we're not also making these statements because of like vast generalizations about you know, religious people in general. It's about the mixture of state and religion that we're fighting against because we already know what the problems are there. So there's a number of different nuances that we're talking about here when we're speaking about those things. I do think that just assuming somebody, you know, if you do perceive them to be a Christian, assuming that they're homophobic or transphobic or racist or something like that is not warranted. So I would similarly speak out against that. But at the same time, I feel like if you dig down deep enough, either the person, if they're not transphobic, homophobic, and racist as part of their uh uh, as part of Christianity, then they're they're better than their own religion. Because there you can definitely uh you know, use Christianity, the Christian scriptures in order to justify all of those things, and they have been done in the past to justify those things. And so I feel like that just highlights how the person is way better than the religion that they claim to practice. And so, yeah, So to answer your question, Islamophobias called Islamophobia because of the vast generalizations people make just because they perceive someone to be a Muslim or they know about somebody being a Muslim, and so they automatically think, uh, some prejudicial things about.
Speaker 8: Them, right, And that's what I'm saying. It kind of makes no sense to say that.
Speaker 3: It would be like saying like, I'm an atheist.
Speaker 5: Does that mean that you don't believe in Zeus?
Speaker 3: And then be like, yeah, I don't believe in Zeus, but you're a Zeus phobiast, and you know, meaning you're like wow.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, no, hold on, hold on, Sorry, sorry to interrupt you, Stephen, But no, that that that is not anything that I just said. So what I said was making vast prejudicial generalizations about a person and that and uh, and that affects how you treat that person and how you see that person. If I just simply say I don't believe in Zeus, that doesn't mean that I'm afraid of somebody that practices the ways of the Greek or Roman pantheon, which I believe in the Roman pantheon Zeus is actually Jupiter. But in any case, however you want to portray that, it's not that I'm afraid of somebody that practices the Greek pantheon. I just don't believe in those gods. So there's a vast difference in in our terminology here and how we're using these words.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's what I was trying to say, is like I just don't understand like Islamic phobia when when they're talking about like you said that, like Muslim people, wouldn't it be like Muslim phobia and not and not Islamic phobia.
Speaker 8: Because Islam is a religion.
Speaker 3: It's not a group of people, but it's it's a word that like Christian nationalists and Republicans.
Speaker 2: Views like you said, Stephen, Stephen, what religion do Muslims practice?
Speaker 8: Islam?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you are irrationally afraid of Muslims and you project your prejudices upon a person without actually knowing the content of their character or how they implement their understanding of Islam. Uh, does it really matter whether or not we call it Islamophobia or muslimophobia Muslamophobia?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't really think the wording matters or what words we use. We're still using Islamophobia to describe it when somebody irrationally has a hatred or a fear of somebody that practices Islam. And I don't don't think that there's like, I feel like you're pulling nut hairs off of a fly at this point.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I just wonder, you know, the terminology really and how it makes sense if if you use a religion to uh, you know, codify a.
Speaker 8: Group of people.
Speaker 3: I believe you know, anybody, you know, everybody has a right to their their own religion as long as it doesn't affect anybody else. Once it starts affecting other people, that's when it becomes a problem.
Speaker 8: So I just didn't understand why we uh call it.
Speaker 3: That when when that is the religion that Muslims practice.
Speaker 2: That's right, I get Stephen, can can you can you attempt to steal man how I've explained Islamophobia? So far in this call, can I what do you know what the term steel man is. Steel Man basically is where you try to present my argument to the best of your abilities as as you understand it.
Speaker 8: Oh, I wasn't presenting your arguments.
Speaker 3: I was asking a question.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't know how you think.
Speaker 2: I understand out of a question. No, no, no, So I was asking you to try to steal man what I've told you in this particular conversation. So, like, as far as you understand what I've told you in this conversation, can you repeat back to me what I've clarified about Islamophobia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that it's basically a fear of of of of of Islam, of of a group of people who would be associated with Islam.
Speaker 2: Well, so a few key adjectives I guess maybe you're missing here. That would be an irrational fear of and a prejudicial generalizing of the of this group of people to where you think that anybody that practices Islam would match like your worst ideas about them, so you automatically assume the worst ideas about them. That is a start contrast for I'm just you know, not wanting a religion to infect our government or our way of life. Somebody can practice their religion as long as it doesn't negatively affect other people. That is not the same thing as like prejudicially generalizing somebody in a particular kind of mindset just because they practice a certain kind of religion.
Speaker 3: So I mean that would since America is like eighty percent Christian, are we not Americans anymore?
Speaker 8: Where Christians? Where the Christians?
Speaker 2: I don't understand the non secutor here that this is a non secutor because I don't understand how we got from talking about islamophobia to now how people aren't American and it.
Speaker 3: Goes back, because it goes back into the same thing. It's more like special pleading. One case, it's like saying, if you don't believe in any.
Speaker 8: Gods, you could pick one of the five thousand.
Speaker 3: That have been created and been like, so you don't believe in this god, and it would it would only go that you don't believe in that god.
Speaker 1: Stephen, Look, let's let's let's cut to the chase. What why does it matter whether we call it muslimophobia or islamophobia. The point is, and the important point is, is that the phobia is in there. So there were a group of people being you know, unfairly called out or treated or dismissed or whatever whatever way he wants phrase it, because of the way they identify being a set of people who practice a certain religion, and Muslim is someone who practices Islam. So it doesn't what what.
Speaker 3: Kind of like kind of like Christians believe in that there was a global flood.
Speaker 8: It's it is comical and it is funny.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what we believe. It doesn't believe, It doesn't matter what they believe. It doesn't matter what they believe. It's irrelevant what they believe. Right, Why does what we call what we call the term of them having you know, unfair prejudice shoved their way? Why does that term itself? Why is that the important aspect to not the fact that they're having this prejudice thrown their way? Why is that not the important part of this rather than what we call it? Is it not? What? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What? Are you as?
Speaker 2: The unfair prejudice, The unfair prejudice against a group of people based solely on one aspect of their life. That's what we're talking about here, The unfair prejudice against a group of people.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm asking exactly when when when we call it Islamic phobia and we're associating that with a group of Muslim people, we are associating them with the religion that they practice and not the group of people that they are. So that's why, that's why I'm saying that Islamic phobia is already kind of a racist term.
Speaker 1: What the difference if we call it Muslim phobia? Because the thing that is the active ingredients, if you like, of what is happening is the same regardless of what we call it. Islamic phobia, Muslim phobia, people who wear things on the head phobia, people who wear sandals in the desert phobia, people who choose not to drink alcohol because some big bad God says it phobia. It doesn't matter what we call it. The important part is that there is this phobia taking place. That is the important part of it. And this is what I think you're kind of missing. You're brushing this very very important part aside to say, well, why are we calling it this instead of this? Well, who fucking cares what we call it. Let's address the actual issue. The actual issue at hand is that these people have been treated unfairly because of you know, and you know this isn't defender Muslim This is talk key then, but you know, when we get calls like this, I feel is very very important to say, you know, we shouldn't be, you know, mistreating people unfairly, being unfairly prejudiced against people because of an aspect of their lives in which they choose to identify. And it can go across the board. It doesn't have to be a religious person. We can pluck any any person out of any minority group and say, well, this person is being unfairly treated because of this aspect of their life. What we call it is largely irrelevant that we address that. Unfairness is the important part. It's what John's trying to get across to you. It's what I'm trying to get across to you, and you've seem hung up on what it's called rather than the action of this unfair treatment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, Stephen, I feel like you're trying to play an Uno reverse cord and it's just not working out for you here because I feel like what you're trying to do is trying to be like, oh, people that claim that others are islamophobic, are being racist themselves, and that just doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me. I feel like you're getting lost, like like Richard was saying, I feel like you're kind of getting lost in terminology here, and you're not really focusing on the irrational generalizations that occur. Because like if you, let's say, if we can run through this real quick there, Steven, if you meet a person who says that they are a Muslim and their name is Mohammad, do you automatically think that they have like a bomb or something like? Is that something that you would naturally think?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that, And I think you're irrationally group No.
Speaker 2: No, awesome, So you you do not adhere to islamophobic tendencies. I commend you for that. It would be islamophobic for you to automatically think that that person is on the way to commit a jihad or something. That would be islamophobia. But if you meet a person who is a Muslim and be like, oh, okay, well, I don't believe in you know, your particular religion. I'm not part of your particular religion. Just don't believe in that do you understand the stark contrast that I've kind of highlighted here in in in you know, one way is islamophobic, the other way is not. Do you understand the difference.
Speaker 3: I think you're a fo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't seed insult people because you have ship arguments.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, my name is fat fuck. Now okay, that's my name.
Speaker 1: I apologize for that godless engineer a welcome guest on our show. I do not calm doone anyone calling any of the guests on this show such names, you pee self shades. Please, don't have a.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, you know you've always gotten the upper hand in the conversation when they have to break down and be like, I think you're a fat fuck. Okay, that has nothing to do with what we were talking about. But by.
Speaker 1: Moving on, I'm going to take Oh shall I take? Shall I do it? Shall I do it? Shall I do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: They can wait. I'm going to take comma from Ken Tuke. What's the point of debating free zopes? Asks Conna Comma.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'm there, Yeah, Oh yeah, I'm here. I guess I wanted to ask why hmm, okay, sorry, let me figure out how to phrase this. I've watched a lot of videos from various sorts of like talk, even a experience, you know, the whole shebang. And the thing I always get is, you know, we get people on here who have the presuppositionalist you can't have without God. And it always strikes me as odd to even continue the conversation past like three minutes because and I'm sorry, I'm autistic. So maybe I'm just like missing a social cu somewhere. But is it not just axiology? Is it not just you have all the same axioms as me, but I have one more, which is God must exist. Like at that point, like you can't debate someone out of an axiom, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to I'm going to let let the folk take this, John, please take it away.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, So I mean I actuld totally agree with that that, you know, if if you don't want to have conversations with preeze ups as soon as you identify them as a preeze up. I mean, I don't hold it against anybody to just throw their hands up and be like, okay, there's no point to have a conversation with you at all. But I typically like to have these kinds of conversations, and that's primarily just because I'm hoping to sort of pull them out of the precept mindset is what I generally want to try to do, and that's just by highlighting like the disconnection, you know, between you know, what they're hoping to prove and what's actually being proved in the conversation. Because you're right, they just have to tack on one more axiom. But I mean, as we understand from like Oukham's razor, the more ad hoc stuff that you have to tag tap onto or ta tack onto your argument, the weaker your argument becomes. And so I feel like highlighting that to them and being like, oh, well, that's just ad hoc stating that God is necessary for logic, or that's just ad hoc stating one thing or another and trying to get them to justify it. That either highlights that you know, they're they're dogmatically adhering to their position, or if they're actually trying to figure things out, and if they're actually trying to figure things out and they're just so happen to be convinced by this argument, maybe you can highlight the problems with the argument, and you know, maybe they can be become better for it, for the conversation that you have with them. But at the same time, I don't think that you should really stress yourself out over presuppositionalist because you can basically run the same script on them, because they always have the exact same script. And so like anytime you encounter one it, you know, you just run through the basic talking points and if they're still not you know, listening to you, or they're still adhering to it, then I mean I would say, just get out of the conversation, stop talking to them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I guess when I when I say that, like I personally myself take it a point to not talk to preseports for that exact reason. But I'll watch the show and I'll and I'll see and I'm not I've actually watched a little bit of you godless engineer. I don't think i've watched the other host. I'm not sure their name. I'm sorry, but I you know, I'll watch them and the videos will be like thirty minutes long or longer. And I guess I understand, like if someone's coming in and they feel like they've been partially convinced. But I guess like frequent callers, I can't think of any names on top of my head or whether that would be okay to name them. But just like you know, you get frequent callers like uh oh, like Darth Dawkins, you.
Speaker 1: Know, calls in.
Speaker 6: It's the saying of every single time, and.
Speaker 5: You know you're not You're not.
Speaker 6: You're not going to change your fucking mind. Yeah, look money, and I am.
Speaker 1: I think this now, I'm kidding. I have heard of him, unfortunately, and I'm Richard. By the way, I think it's important, you know, on on the one hand, when when we're on a call and show, which is essentially what we're talking about here, or on the platform where you've got other people witnessing the conversation, I think it's very important to try and have those conversations if we can, if we're able to, because it highlights as godless engineers pointing out the flaws in their argument. And it doesn't matter because whether I disagree with you someone, it matters what other people who are you know, we were talking to an earlier caller about, you know, people from their own religion or from you know, when your people from a religious perspective have different opinion to other people within that same religion. And that's really important to bear in mind when we're doing these shows, is that when we get these callers that are throwing out really bad arguments, and we have a regular one on here who does it quite often, when we have callers who were throwing out these bad arguments, that there are other people from their religious background who are watching these shows and who are listening to them, and when we challenge them, they get to listen to both sides of the story. And very often, and I know this for a fact because I have had these people contact me and tell me this. I you know, we get religious people saying thank you for breaking it down because that's actually given me a different perspective. You know, I would have been in the same shoes as this, you know, as that call and making these bad arguments, but having listened to both sides of the conversation, I've now got a different viewpoint to it. So I think it's important to bear that in mind that we have an audience when we're doing it. Talking to freezeups in general, I think is difficult. It really really is, and I totally get where you're coming from, and it can seem pointless. If you come from the perspective of, well, I'm going to start with my worldview and you've got your worldview, these conversations can be non starters and you cannot be having a conversation for half an hour and get nowhere because you're constantly trying to say, well, these worldview against your worldview. And it's why these people always lead with worldview comparisons. You will notice that they always lead with worldview comparisons. And it's why when I have a conversation with them, what I try and do is break that down. And what I talk about is reality. What is real reality? What is a reality that we can agree on? Now, let's take that shared reality? Please, so and so.
Speaker 6: I feel but like the thing that always gets me and this is like that that right there is like That's often the approach that posts tend to take is like, well, what is real?
Speaker 3: What is not?
Speaker 6: And as far as I've noticed, uh, preshoppers always basically like if if they can't defend the reality, it always just goes back to the hard solipsism, like can you prove you're not a brain in a vat? And it's like like, well, no I can't, but like that doesn't mean that I suddenly have to assume this thing. And I did want to go back to one thing that uh a godless engineer mentioned was like, oh, Aukham's razor, you know the simplest thing. Well, Auckham's razor is a part of logic.
Speaker 4: And how do you know that?
Speaker 6: You know that, like auction, you can't use Aucaham's razor without God? Who is the thing that gives us Aucham's razor? And it's always like and the thing I notice is or at least the thing I never noticed, I never noticed to point out that, like, you know you are like, hey, you person who is the pre supper, you have all the same axioms as I do. You've just tacked on an axiom.
Speaker 9: You're not.
Speaker 5: It's not This.
Speaker 6: Axiom doesn't do anything for you. It doesn't give you any explanatory value.
Speaker 1: That is exactly what I was to go down the reality connor. That is exactly what I was going to say. When we talk about shared reality, I'm not talking about like when we do this, I'm trying to avoid this very thing of saying I have this axiomic belief and you have this axiomic belief in their different worldview comparisons. Let's start with the things that we agree on. This is what I mean by shared reality. So we start with the shared reality. We start with the things we do agree on, we do have axiomic beliefs on that we agree exist in or as reality. And from there what we do is we then look at what John was saying, those extra suppositions, so those extra layers, So we agree on all of these things that exist that are real. This is our starting point. Now let's look at additional claims. Let's look at those additional claims, because what that does is it avoids falling back to this pre supposition, well God gives you this. Well, if we're going if you're just going to insist God gives you that, then we don't need to have this conversation at all. That it's pointless because we're going to be talking about nothing for half an hour. Goodbye. But let's talk about the things we do agree on. Let's talk about the things we do agree are real and build from there. That is, it's a really really important method and and I maybe condenting it too much to be like really understandable here because it's you know, I've I've really wrote a lot on this subject before, about subject to reality and all that kind of stuff. It's really really interesting, but it takes a lot to get through. But yeah, what we need to do in J Mike does it in a really really good way as well. J Mike says, Look, you're saying that this is our starting point, that God is our starting point, but how are you getting to God? And that's essentially what I'm saying. It's the same thing, it's just phrased in a different way. We have a shared reality, we agree with, we agree on, we agree all these things in reality real Let's look at those additional claims. And because what pre supposition that is do by definition is they pre suppose something exists, and they never ever show they're working out. They take it as axiomic. Now you need to show the working out, show your work. If you don't show your work, then there's no point in having the conversation. And it is so important to get that across. And it's why people like like dark Talkings or you mentioned earlier. I won't even entertain him. I have no interest in talking to that person. Whatsoever, because and he has tried to talk to me, but I'll just simply won't talk to him because he doesn't want a conversation. What he wants to do is throw verbal garbage out and try and prove himself right. That's all he wants to do. I'm right, I'm right, I'm right, I'm right. Well, that's fantastic, Go and fucking suck on an orange. I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in people who want genuine conversations, who want to explore these subjects genuinely. And you know, I've had great conversations. I've had conversations with people who have degrees in philosophy, you know, both online and my peers who are into this stuff, who are religious, and I've had fantastic, fantastic conversations because we're both interested in having an honest conversation. And if you want an honest conversation, whether you're a preet up or not, then we can talk about we can find common ground. But when you're talking to kind of online internet personality prease ups, you know, don't even bother, that's not even worth having that conversation. From my mind, Please respond, and then I'll John jump in, and I say, I.
Speaker 6: Suppose that's kind of the heart of what I was getting at, is like Dark Dawkins is the most obvious example. But it feels like, especially with like the talk shows and earlier you said like talk shows are mostly about the audience, which I of one hundred percent agree, It's just I guess I look at it as like, you know, like you said, you want to you want to take them down this path of let's let's see what we can hash out and what's real and like, what can we agree on. Let's not talk about the axiology bit of it because it's just whatever, Let's talk about what we agree on. But I feel like, at least for me, at the point where someone's calling into one of these shows with presuppositional apologetics instead of some other thing, they don't want to have a conversation about that. They they want to have the Dark Dawkins. I'm right, I'm right, I'm right. And I feel like like instead of taking thirty minutes to try to go down this lane of well, what do we agree on? What you know and then they're just like, oh, well, could you prove hard solidsism? No, we'll go suck an egg like why, Like, I guess it just feels like that thirty minute segment could be cut down to like a ten or even five minute segment of Okay, So like you have these actiums, I have these axioms. You just have an unproven axiom that you are saying is essential to all thought. And any time I bring up any of the other axioms, you just say, you can't have that axiom without this axiom. I disagree, you disagree. We're not going to get anywhere.
Speaker 1: For the difficulty is connor. The difficulty is that we all out we all start from axioms, all of us. Everybody starts from axioms, and it's very difficult just to You can't just kind of out of hand I don't think anyway dismiss out of hand and an axiom without challenging it. You can't just get kind of do that. You know, if someone's going to the hard solib sism thing, which they have to do if they are in the you know these kinds of people were talking about. You know, they'll say, well, how do you know you're not a brain in a A I don't but but and this is vitally important you share your opinion. That opinion with me. You don't think we're a braining avt either. And I know this for a fact because if you genuinely believed you were a braining of art, you wouldn't spend time eating or drinking or having stupid philosophical conversations with an aspect of yourself on a made up internet that is an aspect of yourself. So just fucking throw that out of the ballpark altogether. We don't need to talk about brain in vats because we're starting from a position, both of us that we exist. So let's talk about the reality that appears to be the case in which we exist. That is where we're starting from. And if you're going to come with, well what about you know, if we're all brains in vats, cooled, wonderful, You know you're contradicting your own belief if you genuinely believe that by having a conversation with an aspect of yourself, you know, what's the point You're wasting your time. I don't exist, so it doesn't matter to me, John, Do you want to jump in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So whenever I'm having a conversation like I typically won't have a conversation with a pre's up like on a private, you know, one on one kind of level. The only time that I would actually have a conversation with a pre sub is if it were like for some kind of content, either like a Collin Show or like on like a TikTok Live or something like that. But but that's because I know, I really value people that engage those types of arguments, and because then I can understand, you know, how to respond to those arguments or like why those arguments don't make sense or why they shouldn't make sense, and so like that just gives me the ability to actually understand, you know, why I'm not convinced by those arguments or why I should be convinced by those arguments. So, I mean, that's where the value that I see it coming in at is the diving deep into the conversations, even with pre suppositionalists that might get you into a certain area of argumentation that a lot of people either are encountering and they need to know how to respond to it, or they haven't encountered it yet and they may need to know about it in the future. I just feel like it's it's a great way to arm people that are watching your content because they genuinely want to understand, like why theists are wrong about these things, or why one side is wrong and the other side is right. So that's where I kind of focus my conversation, or at least the value of the conversation at And I do want.
Speaker 6: To say I'm not like, I'm not dismissing their axiom. I'm not saying like your axiom is just wrong or saying like you can't have that axiom, because that's basically what they're saying, you can't have the non axiom of my god. I'm not I don't want to say that I'm like dismissing their axiom. It's more so it feels like not enough focus is not enough of the spotlight is put on the fact that that is what the argument is. It is I have an extra axiom that you do not have. You have to have that axiom, And it's it's like I feel like, like, I agree, like learning to combat these people is sorry combat that liked that idea is important, But I feel like the I guess, for me, uh, the way I look at it, the best way to go about that would be, like, you know, you know, you shine the spotlight on what it is. It is just an extra axiom. It is playing tag. But you are always it. I'm never it. If you touch me, I touched you back, you didn't feel it, but you're it. It's like, I'm not saying that that axiom is wrong.
Speaker 8: It's not wrong.
Speaker 6: Necessarily to say all this stuff, but that they're saying. And it makes sense in.
Speaker 5: A way, not really, but in a way, but it's not.
Speaker 6: I guess the the the the lesson to the people who watch it.
Speaker 8: As far as I'm considered.
Speaker 6: Barely reason those videos are thirty but it's longer as a war to anybody else, that's fair.
Speaker 1: That's fair enough. And look, I think I'm gonna have to let you go in a miniges. We do have more calls we have to get to, and we are already over time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: The thing is this. Look, if in all honesty, if I didn't do this as something that I do in day to day life, I probably wouldn't talk to pres ups either. And you know, sometimes you have to grab the bull by the horns. And I think up so those sets of people that they thrive on being in control of the call and if you're going to talk to them, don't let them control the call, don't let them control the conversation. Say to them, look, we're going we're going to put this aside, and we're going to put this aside, and we're going to put this aside, so there's no point even going there. If we're going to have the conversation, we're going to have it honestly, and we're going to have it in on an even keel. And I think most genuine pre so genuine like academic presups, the people I tend to talk to one this stuff, are absolutely fine with that. It's like I say, it's the internet celebrity ones that want to make a name for themselves by you know, taking down the atheists that on and fuck those guys anyway. Who cares what they think because I don't. And on that note, thanks Connor for your call. I am going to let you go. We do have other callers I'm going to take, but we do have another super chat. Did you do where our we? Oh? We are getting there through six six six, A member for one year sent ten dollars and says, when does a human life logically begin at conception or at first breathing interesting question. Give the show a call next week and let's have the conversation. Jimmie Julia member six months, four ninety nine. Thank you, Jimmy says, Hey Richard and hey fat fuck with a pH. I apologize godless engineer. If people start calling you a do it please it says, please spell it with a pH. If you do, in fact change your name, that would be sick. Heyl, Satan and Nero sent ten dollars and says Boltzmann Brain's total solidism or just part trick hypotheticals of their respective fields, the conclusions necessity that the logical foundations they are built upon are assumed and worthless. We are five out of ten for the superchat challenge people. If you want to see John challenge Jesus through his puppet, we need five more ten dollars superchats, just saying let's have a look we have. I'm going to take Troy next. We do have two calls left. I'm going to try and get to both of them. So stay on the line, and Troy wants to know if the hello, to tell us what you want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Hi, I was just wanting to talk about the end times prophecies. I grew up a Presbyterian, and I knew some JW's and some Pentecostals. But I've met my first real life Seventh Day Adventist not very long ago, and I understand, like Jehovah's witnesses eschatology, but the Seventh Day Adventist guys seem to think that they're just like the world's going to end, like later this week or maybe before dinner. And I just wanted to know where. I mean, I understand what JW's. It's the governing body. They tell you what it is, and that's what it is. But where the Seventh day Adventists are technically a Protestant thing, and they're like the twelfth biggest Protestant faction in America. So where do they get the eschatology that, like, you know, me reading the Bible as a Protestant, I'm thinking Jesus never came into the apostles lifetimes that he said was going to so two thousand years later, I'm not really holding my breath. Well, yeah, so it's this, It's going to be over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not exactly sure where they're getting this from. The only thing that I can think of is that, like, you know, they're really hanging up on the whole we don't know the time, the day, or the hour in which you know it's going to come, or you know it's going to come like a thief in the night and all this other stuff. So I don't know if it's just preparing or just like preparing them to think, oh, it could be anytime, it could be later this week, just like it's definitely portrayed as an immediate thing like in the Bible, And so I think that for their purposes, like always acting like it is upon them, like it could happen directly after dinner, it could happen later this week, it could happen next year. Like it just throws a bit of uncertainty into the mix. And I feel like that's part of the whole fear mongering thing, trying to get people to fear it so that they you know, clean and hold on to the faith.
Speaker 5: Better terror management theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it sounds right.
Speaker 5: It's really interesting to me because I know Forrest talks about that all the time, where people read about this stuff in the book and then they have to figure out how to score that circle with the life of living today. But I mean, how many generations are going to go by where it's like, stay alive till sixty five before everyone's like, you know what if Jesus comes back, that it'd be great. But I'm not holding their breath anymore.
Speaker 1: How many people have predicted it to zoo of commen, the time has been and gone, nothing's happened. Eschatology literally means the study of the last that's got the kind of the literal translation from the Greek. And it's amazing how many of these people who profess the end times don't actually seems to have done any study whatsoever. One thing I see and challenge a lot, especially on that wonderful social media platform called TikTok is this which if you want, if it is like a kind of a shitty ladder rung above X, is you get this kind of this idea that you get all these videos made saying Jesus is coming and this is important part, Jesus is coming back soon. And I always ask the same question when I see that, what do you mean by soon? Because when you're saying the word soon, you are talking as if you have a quantified period in mind and without exception when I have asked this question without exception. If I do get an answer, the answer is, well, we don't know the exact day and the time. We're told that we're not to know. So why the fuck are you using soon? Then? Why why are you using that word? Because that gives soon's very indication of a quantity, So we go on, please.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, soon just seems very disingenuous. I'm currently sitting here with a copy of the New World Translation Jehovah's Witness Bible, right, and was tell me all about what was going on in uh Mesopotamia in two thousand years ago. I've got a whole Hebrew calendar here, and Jesus is still right around the corner. And I just don't get it, Like, is there really? I mean, you have Seven day Adventists, you have Jova's Witnesses, you have some flavors of Pentecostal and some flavors of like these new charismatic uh you know, prophecy churches. Like how many times can you count the hits and not the missus? I mean, like how many times? I just don't understand. I wonder, I wonder if there was a Bible a verse in a chapter and verse it's like, Yep, this is when it's gonna happen. Other than the whole I'll be back before you're dead thing that you said, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, you know it's everything there has has uh pretty much just been like very you know, we don't know when it's going to happen, like it not even not even Jesus knows the day, and even he's supposed to be, you know, all knowing and everything about it.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the Bible doesn't give specific dates. But I mean I feel like that's probably why they're continuously like the end is coming. They also identify common events in uh, the sociopolitical environment to adhere to the coming signs of it. I mean, you've got who is it like Pastor Haggy I think maybe who was spouting a whole bunch of like end time stuff whenever the uh that red moon was with the blood moon, I think it is, uh when that was going to be showing up and talking about end time. So I mean it's literally like fear mongering this very religious base, trying to convince them that, you know, they are going to be experiencing the end times and they either are grifting or they're just totally believing it, so like they truly believe in this, They truly believe that the end times are coming, and so they're doing their best to like warn people. But at the same time, like I get what you're saying, like how many times can you actually expect them to buy this whole end times or coming thing? And I think that it's as long as people are holding on to this idea of the end times coming or the end of the world coming, which seems to have been forever that people have held onto these kinds of things, I think they will continue to hold onto those things.
Speaker 5: It's improbable like every single time they have said it was going to end, it hasn't ended yet. So currently we're bat and zero here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's that thing that.
Speaker 5: Content and uh, he's he deals with all these crazy profits that are talking about like the Great Controversy, and and I just I didn't realize how far deep that rabbit hole in an actual sect like Seventh Day Adventists that are really technically like uh, pretty popular Protestant group around America. You know, I live in the Midwest, and I didn't realize how hardcore. They were into how bad it's going to end, and I'm like, damn, dude, that must that must just stress you out all day long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's important as well just to kind of switch on what cardless engineers said with the science thing. You know that all signs is in the same kind of category of veguess as the words soon and then well, you know, one one thing they mentioned specifically was the blood moon, the moon turn into blood. And you see these kind of and for the Christians who believe this who are watching now and need to spell this out for you, you know, you see these posts put upen these you know, these sinks said that the moon is turning to blood exactly as it was prophecied in the Bible. Let me spell out to you what is actually happening. Okay, so the moon isn't turning to blood in small areas of the moon. They have found that oxydization takes place in very very small areas, So it appears that small areas on the moon are turning red. That's it. That's what the scientists have actually found. So if you see anybody saying that scientists have confirmed that the moon is turning to blood. Please dismiss them out of hand. Sorry, Troy, go on.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, like firs oxide, like.
Speaker 1: Rest apparently so yes, apparently it has been detected on the moon in very very small amounts. But on that note, we are going to have to let you go. I'm going to I'm going to ask my geology friend who is not a million miles away about that very very short late. Thank you for your call, Troy. We lost out other caller. It isn't a fucking shame because it was Jackie, so nobody's going to be disappointed. And I'll be honest with you. Thank you for those calls. We have had some great calls. I think we've got some more superchats and the superchat progress it's ten out of ten. So I will be waiting for Godless engineer while while he prepares himself to channel Jesus through his puppet. I'm going to read out the rest of these superchats some kind of Dickay a member for two months and one of our wonderful hosts no less tender dollars, saying Hayley Mary Annette, bring on puppet Jesus king off strings. David Hackso member for six months has sent us fourteen or nine dollars. What CA mean? I don't know what that means. It's a CAA fourteen or nine. I don't know if that's a normal Canadian. I've got it. See this brain's not as slow as it first appears. Canadian dollars fourteen or nine, Thank you very much. I don't know the difference between them and American money, so it's all the same to me. We need three more superchats people, and David Axo, helping himself out no less a member of six months, sends another Canadian dollars fourteen oh nine, saying could you imagine being a lifelong Christian and then die suddenly without asking for forgiveness and spending eternity in hell while Jeffrey Doma is in heaven? And another super chat from David Hackso, Thank you very much. David Hackso sent another fourteen or nine Canadian and say Jesus gonna lick you with his sword tongue. Revelations nineteen fifteen. I'm sold Miranda Nsburger member for six months and twenty dollars, and says every time someone calculates the date of the rapture, God says me. Damn it, those little shits keep figuring out the day and the hour. I'm going to have to reschedule the rapture again, and I already booked the trumpeters. Thank you all for your superchats. I am going to pass it over to Godless engineer who is going to channel Jesus Sus poppet.
Speaker 10: Yes, I would really appreciate it if people didn't figure out when I'm going to be coming back, because you know, I've got to reschedule that shit every single time.
Speaker 2: Okay, And yes I do have a sword tone.
Speaker 10: See.
Speaker 2: I mean it doesn't look like a sword now, but it's a lot like the Eucharist. It turns into a sword as soon as I lick you, so it's just it's sharp like a.
Speaker 9: Cat, you know.
Speaker 10: Anyways, God, bless all you, and I guess I'll be taking the next call or something until they tell me to get away from them or so.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Bless all of you, and I hope Christ will be upon you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that disarmingly scary display. Jamiks in the comments, by the way, making reference to you having a puppet of him. I don't know if it's some kind of weird sexual fetish. You've got amke he is there and with the receding Helline know Less.
Speaker 2: I don't know this Jmike character, but he sounds lovely.
Speaker 1: I'll stop telling lies now, only kidding. We all love Jamike here and his weird pizza fetishes. Right, So the prompt for this week is without lying, market the Bible to drive sales, replying the comments and tune in and the beginning of next week's episode to hear the top three answers. And we want to thank Kelly for helping us out today. Let's bring Kelly op here. Kelly, come the moon rushed canoxidization? Yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 9: Yes, there there is iron on the moon, and there is also oxygen on the moon, so you're not going to get vast amounts of rust happening, but yeah, it can happen in isolated places.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kelly.
Speaker 2: I have to disagree. We all know that the moon is a light and the source is me. Okay, I wrote it in my book. The source is alight. I'm just saying right now, Okay, nobody, nobody accept this. Harlan over here is being a day kind of truth.
Speaker 1: I expect you to think I was expect Kelly, what did you think of the show?
Speaker 9: I was going to make a joke about cheese, but I didn't want to make it around a fat fuck.
Speaker 2: You know what, Kelly, I'm gonna I'm gonna smite you for that. Smiting you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly, what did you think of the show? Let's bring it back in line.
Speaker 6: Oh it was.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the show. I really did.
Speaker 9: I really did. And and you know, Steven, if you're going to designate a group of people as being first followers of Islam and that's the reason why you're hating them, then yeah, it's okay to call it islamophobia.
Speaker 2: Cool Jesus agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have an ACD discorde which all three of us people will be attending shortly after the show after our debriefs, So head on over to tiny dot cc slash ACD Discode. If you don't believe this is your community, and we really really do appreciate you being here. We've had some great calls from the community today and I very much appreciate those people who want to ask questions, who are appreciative of what we do. And you know, I'm really do enjoy when you guys call in, when you listen to the show week after week, and you know you take on board the conversations that we're having and you put them into practice in your own lives and you give us a call to tell us how that's going. I love that shit, so please please do it. Don't feel put off by calling. Don't think arm an atheist. I haven't really got anything to say. If you have gained something from watching the show, please do feel free to give us a call and let us know. Do appreciate those calls. If you do believe, if you're Muslims, if it is Lamists, you know we weren't defending you earlier. You are wrong. God doesn't exist. However, nobody has the right to be abusive towards you, to denigrate you just because of that aspect of your personality. You know you are welcome here too. Religious people are welcome in this community. Let's have good conversations. We are here for everybody. And on that note, we don't hate you. We're just not convinced. We want the truth. So watch Truth Wanted live Friday at seven pm Central. Visit tiny dot cc slash y t tw and call into the show at five one two four two, or connect to the show online at tiny dot cc slash call tw