Speaker 1: All right, we are just about four hours away from just having our heart tripped out and then hopefully going out and playing some winning basketball. Tonight, the Mavericks are going to square off with the Lakers, and the Mavericks will play Luka Dacic as an opponent for the first time. This is your MAVs a Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater, redefining the way you experience concerts, and man, this is just a tough, tough one.
Speaker 2: Emotions are high.
Speaker 1: I know so many MAVs fans that I'm seeing out there on social media, like, I don't even know what to do. I don't know what to root for tonight. And what I would say is this, It's okay to root for two things. In this case, it's okay to root for Luca, don't ever stop rooting for Luca, but also root for the Mavericks. And there's a lot of people that are having a hard time with that. I get it. But the show must go on. And what I would like to see is the new look Kyrie Irving who shaved his beard. He's got a tight fade too, He's got a whole new look, I would like to see him hit a game winner on a night where Luca drops at least seventy points as at least twenty rebounds and at least twenty assists.
Speaker 2: So out of shape if that happens, He's going to be so out of shape. If you're already in n try to hate Luca motive.
Speaker 3: I gotta get that way. I've got to trick myself. He's the place of the Lakers now. He's one of the bad. He's not like us.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that there's finally someone on the Lakers that I like as much as I like Austin Reeves. So for them to now have someone of Austin Reeves caliber, I predict a fifteen turnovernight for the King. Okay, I think's going to struggle. King James is going to struggle with his ball handling tonight. Oh no, KT, he's gonna dribble off his foot a lot. KT just said about Luca. He not like us.
Speaker 2: He's all right.
Speaker 1: That is your MAVs A minute brought to you by the Sunset at McKinnie Theater, redefining the way you experienced concerts. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for information, how to own a firepit, sweeter or join the Apeman Club opening at twenty twenty six. So secure, you're sweet now, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around.
Speaker 2: The world, esteeing meach to my audio up here.
Speaker 3: I've got something I'd like to break out.
Speaker 6: Astroid Impact Probability updates.
Speaker 2: Dead day it is. I haven't seen anything. Oh we're good now. Wow, So we've settled in at like two point nine. No, we're under one percent now? Oh it's under one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, yesterday during our special report, did it.
Speaker 2: Already get under one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes day.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how it's fluctuating so much. Well, then nobody knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: NASA even came out late last night and said, I think we're good.
Speaker 6: So it's time for today's Pastroid Impact the Probability Update.
Speaker 2: Do you guys take astronomy in college?
Speaker 3: I did for about a week and quit what you can quit and get your money back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was my favorite class. U and T has an amazing planetary.
Speaker 2: Okay, But the first half of the class is all math. Oh it's so mathy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's just calculating distance. And I'm sitting there going, man, I don't think you guys really know, like like like there's a lot of chatter here and I don't know that you guys really know. Like I don't know about dwarf stars and the binary vision and whatever you're calculating.
Speaker 2: That's like, uh, how do you how do you use that to make money? Or is that just uh telescope?
Speaker 1: It's just like something while I'm here, I'm gonna be a tourist and take a class on just something I'm interested in and just see what there.
Speaker 4: You'd have to be a scientist? Do you want to be a scientist? And scientists make money off grants?
Speaker 3: Tony and Ildagrass Tyson performing shockingly horribly on on Celebrity Jeopardy. It made me question everything I know.
Speaker 7: I almost watched that one last night because it's the second one he stopped it because I figured he would destroy them.
Speaker 2: He was the mop No, he na mopped the floor with him.
Speaker 4: That should make you think that he knows what he's doing, because he's pop culture Jeopardy. Did he's not watch Teberty Jeopardy?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 7: The easiest questions ever. It makes you feel really smart?
Speaker 3: Do you make it easy for the celebs? Okay, but it was he was not brilliant, let's just put it that way. From physicist, you would expect him to be crushing it and he lost.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Is that life coverage to the Lakers right now? I just see you on the TV screen. You got Nico walking with j Kid in LA. You got Anthony Davis taking some jumpers.
Speaker 4: Man, if he didn't have to move side to side, he could probably play tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't want to test. It's more about the long haul YEP in the next two years.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So remember that guy get before I get something hyper local? Do you remember that guy gets swallowed by a whale the kayaker? Yeah, last week guy got swallowed. It's on camera.
Speaker 2: He didn't he didn't comment it on it.
Speaker 8: It was one second where I thought that I was hidden by some kind of giant fish, but I didn't know it was a whale. Suddenly I felt like a wave struck me from behind and I turned around. Some blue, dark colors and white lashing right through my face, and I felt a slightly texture in my cheek, and then it shot down on me, took me on the water. I closed my eyes because I thought that something would crash into my face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, you stopped talking. That's Adrian Brodie in the brutal is Actually, I'm sorry. He some kind of giant fish. He didn't know it as well, because I guess if it's that close your optics you're probably here you can't see. I didn't know it's a huge whale. He saw the white inside, He felt the slime in his cheeks.
Speaker 2: Is that sile?
Speaker 1: So they have their mouths are like the size of a Winnebago, but their throat hole is like the size of a golf ball.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah? So it's that tiny. They probably choke on everything that. Does that sound appealing?
Speaker 3: No, because you never want to mess with the throat hole. No, you know pelicans have a throat pouch. Yep, think about that, crazy, right, you know that'd.
Speaker 2: Be a good end of the show. You'll remember that one.
Speaker 4: Hold on though, Okay, did we get to the bottom of all of this? Well, the golf ball throat whole thing is probably worth diving into a little closer super made up.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, if you guys would like to challenge me on this before you look it up, are you doubting me?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 2: I am I'm doubting you. Are you doubting me?
Speaker 7: Christina depends on what kind of whale, like what are they eating? Because there are some whales like the whale shark right that only eats like tiny plains, So she probably has a tiny.
Speaker 2: Throatole, thank you. A whale shark is a disease.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'd rather have a tiny throat hoole than a whale shark.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Normal virus will get you on the h So the sperm whale kind of hole? Does it have to swallow? It's a fair sports question.
Speaker 7: Can I take the middle of the pack?
Speaker 3: How big is a Yeah, you could take a middle Okay, how big is a whale whirl's throat?
Speaker 4: I'm asking because I'm curious. Ben, you'd be very proud of my wife.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: When the story came up, she said, so that guy actually got to see the skeleton.
Speaker 2: Of a whale. Yes, that's how it goes, well done.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is this is interesting because here are the three main whales, the hump back whale, the sperm whal, and the blue whale. Based on the coloring of the whale that swallowed the kayaker, it was a sperm whale.
Speaker 2: More gray more, you know, clear gray.
Speaker 4: Usually the humpback whale will lead to the sperm whale showing up.
Speaker 3: The humpback whale. Get this, okay, So let's start with the blue whale, the big blue whale. The throat is as big as a basketball.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of my favorite games is when you get a bunch of basketball you'll get a rack of basketballs. You just hum it down the throat of a whale.
Speaker 2: Got a moneyball and the ball.
Speaker 3: For the sperm whale and the humpback whale. Yep, a fist, a human fist, thank you. And it can and it can expand a little bit if it needs to. Oh, if it's having like a.
Speaker 2: If there's a fist, huge situation lobster called the barracuda, I don't really know.
Speaker 4: So if the sperm whale is trying to swallow something bigger, yeah, it can expand its throat muscles.
Speaker 2: That's insane, bro.
Speaker 1: So that's why it couldn't suck that guy down because all I could do is gargle him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was also that guy kept riding his kayak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was watching the whale hoole too, and that whale had a sore throat for weeks.
Speaker 4: So that guy say that he had slime on his cheek. Huh so the tongue tongue his cheak?
Speaker 2: Did he put the slime in the cheeks? It's I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: Honestly, he's in there's that guy up to now he's kayaking, But why was the guy filming him?
Speaker 6: So was his.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you do if you're filming your son kayaking and then a whale eat your son?
Speaker 2: You're like a man, I should break it out of here. Higher aspirations for him, He was like, hey, it was a good run. Good run, buddy, who's going to take over the family company? Now, you guys heard of apps like Jackpocket?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, no party app?
Speaker 3: So so jack pocket was one and I got a notification last night. Christina probably did two where they're like we we can't be around anymore. We're not allowed pockets where if you wanted to buy a lottery ticket, what you do is you put your order in on jackpocket and a courier will go buy the lottery ticket. They scan it to you, show you the ticket, so you've got the what is that the data on it? There's a little fee, but I don't think I don't I'm not sure. I'm not sure how that works because I don't think I've ever paid extra for a lottery ticket.
Speaker 2: Just why just going to a gas station because if you're at home?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and who wants to go talk to people?
Speaker 2: Also, I don't carry cash.
Speaker 4: You don't have to pay with cash anymore on a lottery ticket too. Debit card's fine, Yeah, cards don't carry that either.
Speaker 3: Well, last time we got the notification that jackpocket can't be around anymore because it's cheating.
Speaker 2: Is it though, Yes, it's not cheating. I don't think it is.
Speaker 7: It's literally buying a lottery ticket the same way that you would in a gas station took buying food.
Speaker 2: Okay, but keep going with the story.
Speaker 3: So yesterday the text a lottery banned online ticket sales by couriers.
Speaker 2: And why is that?
Speaker 3: Because there are two lottery jackpots that they're investigating. There's one from back in twenty twenty three. That they've just I guess turned a line eye to were ninety five million dollars was paid to an entity that purchased more than twenty five million one dollar tickets. So basically they got every every code. They bought twenty five million scratch offs on the Jackpocket and it wasn't the Jackpocket app, it was a different app. It was a third party app. But the person or entity ended up winning ninety five million dollars.
Speaker 7: They won it themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the app won it. How did the app want it?
Speaker 4: Somebody with the app want it? They were they worked for the app, yes, but.
Speaker 1: They legit put in twenty five million dollars or they stole twenty five million dollars of injuries.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 3: It's the details aren't clear on that because they're still investigating it. And the second one was this month where eighty three million dollars was purchased or an eighty three dollars winning ticket. Eighty three million dollar winning ticket was purchased at a store in Austin, and it was connected to a courier like Jackpocket. I say Jackpocket because I don't know the other lottery currier apps. But that's the popular one. So they've just to stop Courier Services, and I kind of think it's bs Honestly.
Speaker 7: Well, they should split the prize winnings that they won with all of us who've been using it. Right, we got cheated.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: So Courier Services they take the orders online or through the app and purchase the tickets. The retailer sends you a scan copy of it. You have the copy of the ticket. It's just like buying a lottery ticket. It's if you don't have to go in the store and get it. And Dan Patrick got his panties in a wad about it. All of a sudden, this is a big story and they shut it down. So Jackpocket's gone.
Speaker 2: Bam. Sucks.
Speaker 3: When the power balls up to you know, a big number, always like, okay, put a dollar in camp. Yeah, you have to lose before you win anyways in life, right, So you.
Speaker 1: Think if you put in a dollar and you won a massive lottery, would it be blind luck or maybe the gods looking down on you blind luck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, God's got the gods looking down for me. Have too much going on?
Speaker 2: What about the blind gods that are gay?
Speaker 3: They might be watching me as a perspective, lawmakers ready to spect step in here. Matt Shaheen, he's a Gaffrod prosper. He's got a bill to ban the online purchase of lottery tickets. He's got another bill that he's got ready to go to abolish the lottery in general.
Speaker 2: Though this guy.
Speaker 3: But I think this is wild, that this is coming out of nowhere. We've allowed it for a long time. And then they've got two little jackpots they've got to worry about, and they're like, what's going on? Bigger fish to fries my point, last story of the weekday update.
Speaker 2: I like your editorial there at the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be nice to have the ability to buy a lottery ticket on my app rather than going in a store and buying it. And the opinion of this reporter, I think the whole thing is a sham.
Speaker 3: It didn't sound like John mullaney. Although for Halloween next year, John moulaney, if you want to be a cow, it's there for you. Yeah, that's great, ahead of it.
Speaker 2: Do you have some claim it? I've got a sex doll story. Ben Okay, wait, why are you telling me? If everyone else ef I'm a rote sex robot guy. Uh, just tell me when your interest is perked?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Interested in China in? I'm sorry. A college student.
Speaker 3: Out yeah, definitely out ignited a fire in his dorm while attempting to hide his inflatable girlfriend from his roommate.
Speaker 1: This is a radiohead song, how like the roommate walks in and he grabs it, knocks it out, and knocks over a candle.
Speaker 3: So his roommate came home unexpectedly while he was in mid use of his inflatable playmate.
Speaker 2: How do you use it?
Speaker 3: And then his first instinct, it seems, was to set the inflatable thing on fire in the dorm hallway. Fire spread got extinguished. I don't know how you went from getting caught in the act just setting it on fire.
Speaker 1: But that's not a loving relationship, a big panic mode.
Speaker 3: But it reminded me of that one episode of Dave, the famous hit show on.
Speaker 2: FX milk table. No oh yeah, the shower, shower and the doll.
Speaker 3: The bottom half of the doll just kind of flops out of the shower, scares his girlfriend.
Speaker 7: Well, that probably couldn't catch on fire.
Speaker 2: God, So there's that. I think that's pretty good for you. Take a look at all the stories that we've covered.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's another plane incursion today in Chicago, a Southwest Airline a plane nearly hit a business jet that was on the runway.
Speaker 4: It was an unauthorized business jet that was just roaming around on its own.
Speaker 7: Gosh, should we change the asteroid update to plane crash update?
Speaker 2: I would create another vo though production work. All Right, there you have it.
Speaker 1: There's the weekly weekday update coming up next in the big finish. Kate just said trust me, so we'll trust him.
Speaker 2: That's next.