Speaker 1: That time time to make a change. Oh my god, you're listening to Truth Towns out corner. It wasn't need to turn out, Doc, you are in studio today.
Speaker 2: I'm in this consecrated place.
Speaker 3: This is Davis's place KB l A fifteen eighty, the Joccoline's side of Los Angeles with all these wonderful ones. I'm looking at mind, I'm looking at brother Mohammed for Rocke and Tavis. And we got the one and only Jesse Jackson Junior in the house with his magnificent companion sister Jane Jenny.
Speaker 2: So that we uh we we find out. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 1: I know you guys got a big event going on tonight. Kind I'm kind of feeling left out of the party, Doc.
Speaker 4: I want you here, you ship in spirit and spear it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, it's gonna be a wonderful, tremendous four year anniversary celebration wrapping in June teeth. So if you are in the LA area, you do not want to miss this. Please please please register. Doc understand that climate discussions are going to be happening at the same time, as well as collecting gift cards to be passed out or to be given to to support the families of the Altadena fire.
Speaker 4: It is never ever, no amount is too small.
Speaker 1: Please make sure if you're coming to participate in the celebration, if you got a little bit of something to spare, please share it with the families of Alta, Dina. And that is what makes KBLA Talk fifteen eighty so special because Tavis Smiley, mister Smiley, the CEO, the president, he always make sure that the community is taken care of as well.
Speaker 2: Dot that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's able to always bring together the spiritual and the social or political and the personal, the economics es eistential, keeping love and justice at the center of it, but also beauty, humor, style and irreducible smile.
Speaker 1: That part, and how blessed y'all are, blessed, blessed, blessed to have all that power in one place, all that consciousness in one place. And speaking of consciousness, doctor, we got to continue our conversation.
Speaker 4: You know, things are still grewing up about this war.
Speaker 1: There's some bipartisanship with purpose happening right now, which we love to see it. We know our very own John Nichols, who's a contributor to The Tavis Smiley Show, wrote an epic and beautiful piece. Well, he always writes magnificant, magnificant, magnificent lea, so maybe epic is all the time for brother John Nichols. But he wrote an article titled the US should not support Israel's war on Iran, says Democrats and Republicans, which we know is rare doctor have bipartisanship with ubstance, And then you know, America is at a turney, at a terrifying turning point, and there's no going back this article in the New Republic that you know it's been even though today mark ten years since you know, the tragedy, or we'll talk about that. But then you and I we talked about Mother Emanuel just kind of briefly yesterday. And there's an article that really lays out a point that you made, Doc, which is black people tend to focus so much on forgiveness. And there are some residents in Charleston, South Carolina who are basically saying they focus so much on forgiveness that a real hate crime bill has not passed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can never allow the status quote to use your rich spirituality to Trump and trunk Kate. Your need for public policy, yeah, you need both. You don't want people to reduce the love and soul to just revenge. But on the other hand, you got to have public policy, you got to have a change in laws, and you got to have a fundamental transformation in the system, in the system itself.
Speaker 2: And I think that's one of the.
Speaker 3: Things that we have been blessed to always talk about on Truth Time that in the end, we're not just talking about personalities. We're talking about systems. We're talking about structures of domination. You're talking about forms of power that or work through institutions that shape people. And that's why you need collective action. That's why you need solidarity that connects us to what's going on in Gods or in South Africa, in Sudan, in Gualemala, in Haiti, in Jamaica.
Speaker 2: In Los Angeles, in Harlem, New York.
Speaker 3: Now, of course I want to send a strong shout out to my big level that wife and I heat that right there in hallm She's in New York, I'm here in l A And of course she's got precious relatives in Iran and were pulling in praying and hoping that none of those vicious bombs drop on any one of her relatives. And of course we were concerned about missiles dropping on any human beings. But family is a very very special thing, and that it's something that you always have a special focus.
Speaker 1: On, no doubt about. A charity does start at home and spread abroad. So there's nothing wrong with saying my family and your family too. That's how we roll it and listening to the truth toil with doctor cornell Us and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we'll continue our conversation about this brewing war, whether or not the United States should get in it, whether or not Congress showing up finally because they've abjucated their responsibility to be a coequal branch of government for far too long, whether or not it means anything, and what about the fact that families saying that South Carolina focused so much on forgiveness that they didn't get to the hate crime law.
Speaker 4: When we come forward, we trued ourselves first, proposed to be true to.
Speaker 1: Anybody else sact, and we were coming forward, we were talking about, you know, this impending war, whether or not the United States is gonna jump in fro a frontal whether or not President Donald J. Trump is going to try to usurp the authority of the Congress. I'm glad to see some Congress members really fighting back, and there are people out there making it known that, especially if there's any Democrat that is seeking to run for president in twenty twenty eight, if they have not spoken out about this impending American jumping into this America jumping into this war, that that basically they not worthy to run or to be considered. They can run all they want, but they shouldn't be considered. And my god, do I agree with that. I want to rap back around the doctor Anahita real quick. You know, she did send us a kind of geographic breakdown of Iran. You know, many people have never been there. The closest I'm probably ever gonna get is through somebody like doctor Anahita and others that I know who have relatives from that country. But landed out that it is a multi ethnic population of over ninety two million people, and that it ranks seventeenth globally in both geographic size and population, and it is the sixth largest country and one of the world's most mountainous countries with thirty one provinces and Tehran is the capital and largest city. Iran hosts one of the largest refuge and I think a lot of people either didn't know this or forgot. I know I had forgotten, but Iran hosts one of the largest refugee populations with almost one million, mostly from Afghanistan, Iraq and Iraq in Iraq, So I mean, wow, no.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's a huge country with a very rich history, of course, going back to Persian uh civilization, which is one of the great civilizations, very much like Egypt, very much like Greece, very much like India and so forth. So they're they're not people to play with now. They have their own structures of domination, you know. And he didn't understand in deep solidarity with the woman like Free Them movement, where the Molas there in Iran have been subjecting them to domination. But no nation has the right to violate the sovereignty, security and integrity of another nation. That's what an invasion is. And when you drop bombs on other people's land and killing other people, that is a violation of their sovereignty. So they would each nation saying it has a right to exist. Every nation, every people have a right to exist, just not certain peoples.
Speaker 2: You see what I mean. And we've seen this two thousand and three with Iraq. Have we seen evidence of a war a weapon of destruction? Have we seen evidence of a nuclear bomb?
Speaker 3: No, not at all. Just those nine countries that we talked about before in the whole world have nuclear weapons. North Korea has fewer than anybody else with fifty, Israel got ninety, never admits it, no US president will admit it.
Speaker 2: And then you got the other.
Speaker 3: Seven Pakistan, India, Germany, France, England, Russia has more than anybody and we are second twelve thousand.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: We need to eliminate all of them in the name of Jesus, eliminade each and every one of them. But if we can't, then the question becomes what are the conditions under which people even talk about nuclear weapons and going to get nuclear weapons? And how did South Africa get its nuclear weapons under apartheid, under the most vicious barbaric system, treating black people like we less than human. Well, they got a lot of cooperation from other nations, including Israel.
Speaker 2: Why they is so interesting?
Speaker 3: Making sure they had a weapon, but Iran can't have a weapon. Oh but South African drop it on us on black people. Yeah, Iran, they think want to drop it on Jews. Both of those options barbaric. But it's also barbaric to facilitate genocide. It's barbaric to engage in ethnic cleansing. It's barbaric to invade and violate other people's sovereign tee.
Speaker 2: We have to be morally consistent.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's that's that's those are the words for today. Moral consistent. Cy say that fifty times.
Speaker 4: Really fast, you know.
Speaker 1: And what you know, my grandma, if she were allowed, she would say more more nerve than the brass a monkey which reports out of Israel. I don't know if it was Yahoo who said it or one of the people in his leadership team that said that, I ran across the red line. And I'm thinking to myself, wow, wow, So I ran across the red line. But you guys haven't crossed the red line. And what you're doing to the Palestinians and got that is not.
Speaker 3: A red line. Ethnic clinic not a red line. Right then, occupation is not a red line.
Speaker 1: Come on, come, But I ran oh, they crossed the red line.
Speaker 4: I'm just taking lord.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, I mean, you know, but they we have to always be mindful of the charge of being anti Semites, and we say no, no, no, no, anti Jewish is just as evil and sick as anti black hatred, anti Jewish hatred, anti black hatred, anti white hatred, and that indigenous people's hatred. All of those are species of spiritual sickness and moral pathology.
Speaker 2: But we're going to be morally consistent.
Speaker 3: So we're not going to close our eyes to the gangster activity of Nathan Yahoo. Are close our eyes to the kind of tear and trauma that the idea has been inflicting on Palestinians and now extending it to the Iranians already in the past with Lebanese and Syrians. How do we come up with a world where moral consistency can get a.
Speaker 1: Footho right and and any type of hatred is wrong, so absolutely, and we got to continuously reinforce that because there are some who are just really conflating what anti Semitism really is.
Speaker 4: And that's hurtful too.
Speaker 1: And you have we have Jewish colleagues who believe what we believe that some of these folks are going too far anti Semitism, anti blackness, you know, just hating and wanting to put violence on people. Because it's one thing to hate. I mean, you could hate and take no action. But if your hatred leads you to action that injures other people that's right and or their property, you know you are wrong. So yeah, that we are always morally consistent. We called out October to seventh. It was wrong when it happened, is wrong now to kill any innocence. No, that ain't how we're supposed to be rolling in this world. And it's not a butt, it's an end. And that same love and justice that we are pushing forward for our Israeli sisters and brothers and family and friends, it's the same love and justice we put forward for our Palestinian sisters. I mean, I think this is easy. That was complicated. I know what's complicated about that?
Speaker 3: You didn't get so easily distorted Because it constitutes a threat to the status quo, That's what it is. But not saying a mumbling word about mass incarceration, not saying the mumbling worried about police brutality and police murder against black people and against venerable people, not saying the mumbling worried about poverty, but all of a sudden want to get on the moral high ground and call for anti Semitic simply because you're defending the humanity of Palestinians and also Iranians.
Speaker 1: Just make it make sense, Doc, And as you know, I mean, you and doctor Anahita have been on this journey with me for a while. I mean, I this was way before October seventh, and I'm just like still hurting my soul that for political reasons people would come at me some you know, on the zion In side. Let me be very clear here, because I have lots of Jewish colleagues and friends and people who support my leadership, but doct you know they called me everything but a child of God, and its just it's just painful because as a as a state senator, you know, I had one of the largest Jewish populations, well, I had the largest Jewish population in my senate history in the state of Ohio, and served all of my constituents no matter what their backgrounds were, honorably. And to have people to be able to weaponize that against well, against me, you know, and I had never said, never said an anti Semitic thing in my life.
Speaker 4: But wow, we were in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Remember we went to the fair that day.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hit that we went to the fair that day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ooh that was a powerful Now you had a number of magnificent Jewish brothers and sisters hugging you and hugging us.
Speaker 2: Why because it's a human choice. It ain't no ethnic affair. This ain't no matter of color. The human choice. You're for justice or you're not for justice. There's ways of understanding justice and complicated waste. But you're taking a moral stand. That's a choice. It's a decision, it's a commitment, it's a conviction.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean this was twenty twenty one, family, So I just want them to know this was way.
Speaker 4: Before October seven. It just blew up, you know.
Speaker 1: And I want to shout out in this moment Jewish voices for peace, both nationally and also in Cleveland. When I tell you, Jewish Voices for Peace had my back end some of the fiercest ways possible, along with the other coalition of black people, of white people, of air Premier.
Speaker 4: You know, all the whole you and I draw from the.
Speaker 1: Entire mosaic of humanity. And that's the beautiful thing about our leadership. But when people try to malign you like that, boy, that's that's that's just something you know.
Speaker 2: No, that's real, it's real.
Speaker 4: It's real.
Speaker 1: So we have a Congress, some members of Congress who are fighting back and fighting back hard. And I want to add to something. I don't think it's just us how we judge who might run in twenty twenty eight. On the Democratic side, we need to hold all elected officials accountable. I know why our dear brother, who is a foreign he was a foreign policy analyst for advisor for Senator Sanders, and he's Jewish himself. I know exactly why he called out Democrats because they got to be called out extra special. And I am one with with with with with Matt on that, and I just want to add to that. I would say that any current elected official, especially on the federal level, that does not stand with Congressman Rocanna, with Congressmen Massey on the other side, one of the conservative conservatives, and in the resolution that they just introduced, no, you you just not You're not worthy of of getting anybody's vote.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty eight shouldn't even consider you.
Speaker 2: I think one of the consequence is going to be that more and more.
Speaker 3: People will see as they'd all read said the other day in dialogue with I dear brother Tabis Smiley.
Speaker 2: That was such a rich dialogue.
Speaker 3: But all the tables, all of them got tell you, he said, to really, class got two parties?
Speaker 2: How come we can't have one?
Speaker 4: I know that's right. I love somebody.
Speaker 2: Made that point with brother Adolf, and it hit me very hard. That's a powerful way of pudding that is.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to quote him every time I use it. I'm loving that so very much. We have our dear brother John Nichols, who wrote this wonderful article. John Nichols is a contributor to the Tavis Smiley Show, very much a part of our family.
Speaker 4: He's laying out in.
Speaker 1: His article in The Nation magazine about how members of Congress who are coming together on both sides of the hour to try to reclaim the authority that the Constitution gives them, but that this president and his administration is trying to pretend like the judiciary.
Speaker 4: And the legislative branch does not exist.
Speaker 1: Contrary to the Constitution, and John is laying out how you have members all across the spectrum who are standing up number one to say this is not our war. And number two, even if it were, mister president, you just can't arbitrarily declared that you're gonna send troops into harm's way. So we're gonna see, we're gonna be watching this very strongly. Please make sure you go and read John nichols magnificent articles. He's always good at taking complex issues and breaking them.
Speaker 4: Down, down, down, down down. We love John Nichols.
Speaker 1: You're listening the truth time, but doctor Cornell was and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we're gonna talk about South Carolina forgiveness and policy. They go together, but so far only forgiveness and no public policy.
Speaker 4: Oh Doc.
Speaker 1: Before we get to our folks who have made comments on our YouTube chat, I just want to read a portion from John nichols article. So he's talking about what's happening in the House and how people are signing on to the to the bill in the House. But then Senator Sanders, who you and I again was withining his both his runs for president. On Monday evening, Sanders introducing no War against Iran at Iran Act, Doctor Hannay, he is in the chat making it known with love that since the turner is mispronouncing.
Speaker 5: So it's Iran and not this American way.
Speaker 2: And I love Iran and Iran.
Speaker 5: Ran, but you know I mean in American that eye and you know what I mean. I mean, Hey, I love she put the harps by it too. You don't correct myself? No War against Iran.
Speaker 1: Act in the Senate with a statement that referenced the oft neglected constitutional requirement that wars must be declared by Congress. So Senator Sanders laying it down. He also he also laid out he called out Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin netting Ya, who Friday decision to launch an attack on Iran. Net in Yaho.
Speaker 4: Started this war.
Speaker 6: Now is this Senator Bernard Sanders talking, He said, net Yah who started this war with a surprise unilateral attack against Iran, which has.
Speaker 1: Already killed hundreds of people and wounded many more. This attack was specifically designed to sabotage American diplomatic efforts. Israel's assassinated assassinated the man overseeing Iran's nuclear negotiating team. Despite the fact that further talks with the United States were scheduled for Sunday. Oh my God, said, he goes on. Whatever you think of the corrupt and authoritarian Iranian regime, which we talk about too, and this attack, clearly, he said, despite what you think about that, this attack clearly violates international and United United Nations charter, go ahead on Senator Bernar Sanders. I mean he bringing it, bringing it to a real tough doc.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, and I wish there were more folk in the Democratic Party who was speaking with that kind of power. But you know, I think the larger context is that it's hard to conceive of either the US government that has used nuclear weapons twice and killed nearly half a million people in a few days, having moral authority when it comes to nuclear weapons. That's the same is true. Same is true with the state of Israel that you commit genocidal attacks twenty over twenty thousand children in a matter of months, and somehow you got the moral authority to dictate who does and who doesn't have a nuclear weapon and you won't tell the world that you have one. You got over ninety of them, you got almost twice as many as North Korea. I mean, what are we talking about it, you get a level of hypocrisy that's on steroids.
Speaker 2: And so the question.
Speaker 3: Then becomes, Okay, well, how do we talk about the best in America? How do we talk about the best of Jewish brothers and sisters so we don't fall into any kind of ugly, chauvinistic and atavistic and xenophobic traps. No, morality and spread spirituality is very important. And I know a lot of my left comrades said, all, brother Wester, you spend too much time talking about morality spirituality. Yes, you got the right, brother, I do, because that's who I am.
Speaker 2: Murder is murder.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I'm gonna talk about these vicious structures of domination. I'm gonna talk about the history of white supremacy and predatory capitalism and imperial policies, and I'm gonna talk about the ways in which the United States is already involved in the israel daily attacks on Iran. They sent three hundred health fire missiles, They're using American equipment. So even Congress saying, well, we want to make sure that we have our power, he dated already engaged in it. It's just a matter of whether they escalated intensify or whether they de escalate and de intensify. America is already complicit in it. Let's just be honest about it and then proceed. So my hunch is that Trumpet company they don't give a damn about no constitution rule of law, just like Israel don't give a damn about no international rule of law. They made it clear, United States has made it clear. And foreign policy they don't give a damn about international rule of law. Both democratic and Republican parties that said what there was no humanitarian violation of Palestinian rights.
Speaker 2: We can see before very eyes. You line, you line your lyon.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell the truth about the humanity of my brothers and sisters and siblings in this case in Palestine? But they could be in other places too. That's the kind of thing that's upsetting folk, and that's creating a certain kind of right wing backlash. I've been looking at sister Candace Ones and others. Oh and voted for the for the neo fascist twice.
Speaker 4: Tucker call ol.
Speaker 3: Sister Candace Tucker. Yeah, and you're always in the neo fascist corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But unlike a lot of Democrats, at least they had the courage to come out say wait a minute on this one, on this one right here, and this is a very serious one. Like they get a couple extra bonus points in my book.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is coming out on that.
Speaker 3: This has been very courageous on this particular cash salute, salute her in that regard. No, that's true for Tana East Coach to our solute the brother on this issue. They will zion us of a very centrist and conservative because they were accepting all hold the drinking, all the kool aid, let me put it that way. And now they've awakened. That's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a little late, very very very late.
Speaker 3: But that's a beautiful thing. But it's a matter of their own character, their own integrity. That's what we've always been concerned about. And that's the thing that you and I have always been highlighting here on truth Time.
Speaker 1: We have doctor for something of this magnitude. They get some bonus points, Yes they do. We're going to the chat in on the tube. We got brother Morris Phillips in the house. Where are my people at This is the banter they do back and forth. Blessed Peacemaker to brother of Phillips. Right here with you Phillips again. Good afternoon, Sina Turner and doctor West, thank you for your inspiration. God love for you. Blessed peace maker. Going back and forth they loving on each other, blessed peacemaker. Hey, Doctor Wes and Senator Turner. So good to be with you all. The best time of the day, truth time. Oh man, we love you guys so much, Doctor West.
Speaker 4: Blessings from Georgia. Oh, excuse me, blessings.
Speaker 1: From George Galloway from across the ocean that messages for you.
Speaker 4: Dot. Do you know George Galloway.
Speaker 2: Which ocean he talking about?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: He didn't name which one.
Speaker 2: Why he could be in Ghana.
Speaker 4: That's true. Let us know. Let us know which one you're talking about. You're talking about the Atlantic? Is it the Indian? Is it specific? Let us know. We got brother Stan Williams in the house.
Speaker 1: My question for both doctor West and Senator Turner is why do you think the leaders in the global South and East won't take a more forceful approach to make a push for peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question. The good question.
Speaker 3: I think the people on the ground are but so many of the leaders, leaders even in the global South, are so preoccupied with the class between the major powers, so they wonder, how do you put the Chinese and the Russians against the United States. How does that relate to India, Brazil and some of the other more middle level countries. But the leadership, it's hard to find courageous leadership anywhere. That's true in Africa, Asia, Latin America, there's somebody, it's hard to find it.
Speaker 2: But in terms of what's happening on the ground of the masses of people, they see through the hypocrisy.
Speaker 3: Even in the Arab countries where the Arab leaders have been so cowardly on the Palestinian question. But folks in the Arab countries, oh, they even they want to put pressure on the leaders, but the leaders themselves is oftentimes outside of any kind of accountability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why it takes the masses to push for the change. It's very rare that you have leaders right up from who get it without being pushed. But that's such a wonderful, profound question, Brother Phillips. Again, whenever you look at a beautiful garden, everything is a flower, but they all look different, and that's the beauty of it. All the difference. Yeah, yeah, our differences are a beautiful thing. Got ec Courtney e C where you've been. We heard from you in a while.
Speaker 4: Happy Juneteenth to the King and Queen. Love the show a brother, my real.
Speaker 1: Brother, Doctor Cornell West and sending a Nina Turner with that true black knowledge a black people can feel. But we appreciate and love each and every one of you. We got more to come, Doc.
Speaker 4: We really really do.
Speaker 1: You're listening the truth time, Doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner, Yes you.
Speaker 4: Are, and we are so glad you are. Doc.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's jumping in here so much doctor and heat put in there.
Speaker 4: I love you, love you, S and T. I know you do. Doc.
Speaker 1: Thank you for getting me straight on the pre not first pronunciation. I a one to admit that is one of my you know something I gotta do a little extra work on and I'm not ashamed of it. All of us have. That's something. But it's all in good you know, good spirit. It's not to be disrespectful. So I really do appreciate doctor Anaheta putting that phonetic. I love me a good phonetic. Let me know how it's going down. I love it, love it, love it, God blessed peacemaker, Doctor Anaheta much love from us, hear and Kenya, praying for you and your family for peace and freedom. He's always so considered. All of our people are for the most part. Johnny Lee Hooker fan. Everyday people rest in peace like Stone, blessed peacemaker Again. Senator Turner and doctor West, what is your assessment of the split in Maga versus Miggha Midjah Make Israel great Again factions? Tucker Carlston, Candice Owns, TOCI, Gabbert, even Steve Bannon coming out against the war.
Speaker 4: And we did mention a little bit about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind. It's quite spectacular to see this happening. We got Darryl Evans in the house where you been. Darryl, Hello to doctor West and Senator Nina Turner. We got Arian Brito analysis. Doctor West, please visit young men in prison.
Speaker 4: They need role models. We've been in prison. Ministry, did you do.
Speaker 3: Since nineteen seventy Ville Wrangways sing sing Garden Sity. I've been blessed to be with the young brothers there very much so and continue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we appreciate it all that.
Speaker 3: I do want to just be able to take a little time because I know our audience might not know the ways in which we've been blessed to work together for so long. We will be working together and ment for the many, many years to come, but this particular show is going to be near the last show of this particular iteration. It's been a joy. It's been a magnificent joy to work with my very very dear sister, mean the Turner, and I just thank tabs his leadership, his unbelievable love and support for both of us. He's embraced us, of course myself for forty years. He embraces you as a sister for a number of years. And we just want to kind of drop this fork, and I want to make sure you get a chance to say, but I did want to note that because there is a kind of bit of sweetness. It's so sweet because it's been so wonderful, but it's bitter in the sense that it's not negative in any way, but it is we won't be able to work together every day and the ways in which we have, but we're coming up with new ways of sustaining are working together.
Speaker 2: But I know you want to say it.
Speaker 1: Work now, Doc, thank you were just reading my mind. I was caught up on this and then you know, I'm glad that you brought that out. So to our audience, yes, Doctor West is laying out this series of Truth Time as as it is now is going to be ending tomorrow, well Friday this week. Friday will definitely be our last. But we wanted to make sure, especially our family on the tube because on Thursdays and Fridays, we do not go into the chat, particularly.
Speaker 4: Those of you who have formed community.
Speaker 1: On the YouTube, bringing Dr West and I so much joy. We wanted you to hear from us. We will have our teaching, our teaching Thursday. Tomorrow. We're lifting up Juneteenth, so you do not want to miss it lifting Juneteenth up on Juneteenth and also the celebration and the education stuff that's going on because of Brother Tavis Smiley and KBLA Talk fifteen eighty all the four events. Make sure you participate starting today. But this is the last day for Doctor West and I to go into the live with those of you who get to commune with us on YouTube. But Doctor West and I are still and Brother Tavis Smiley, we're working together.
Speaker 4: We're cooking up some other things. It just won't be in this form.
Speaker 1: So the series, you know, like a good TV show, the series has come to an end, but the mission itself has not come to an end. So you can go back and listen to any of the Truth Times since January sixth to this very moment, and we want you to stay tuned because other things are in store. And Doc, you are so right about Brother Tavis Smiley. No, usually people throw you away when your titles are not as fancy anymore, not as fresh. And I remember brother Tavis Smiley saying to both of us, but particularly he said this to me about you and your courage it took to run for president and to have the moral clarity that you had, and him just saying, doctor West has to have a platform, and he said the same thing. And you know, Sisteranina, you know you guys voices, you gotta have a platform. And that will always mean so much to me, I think more than I can put into words.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's that's exactly, and that's that's who brother Tavis is. Consistency when it comes to courage, and consistency when it comes to integrity, and consistency when it comes to execution on the ground, supporting people who are trying to be forces for good across the board, but especially especially black folk, and so with each other, our support for each other, the welcoming of each other will remain consistent from now until we all make it to our grave and move to the other side of the Jordan.
Speaker 1: Indeed, indeed, you're listening to Truth Time with Doctor Cornillson Turner. When we come forward our remaining moments, Doc, I'm going to keep on in our chat. We got Wolf Blitzer. We got less than an hour with y'all today. I can read the charts, the chats myself. I enjoy hearing from the great mind of doctor West and yourself, Senator Turner. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna miss it too, but we we coming. We're gonna we working. We'll work on some special projects together. And again, this is not a bad thing. This is actually a really good thing. And I know sometimes people say that all the time. So we want you all to understand. On True Time, Doctor West and I are telling the truth. This is a powerful thing. It's in all love, and we really are not going anywhere. It's just that this series is taking on another form.
Speaker 2: No, that that's a beautiful way of putting it.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: We got sister Rebecca in the house. Oh no, I will miss your inspiration every afternoon. Oh my goodness, we're gonna miss you all too. Blessed Peacemaker, you doctor West, he's return to you did prison ministry where Chris Hedges right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We actually taught classes together roadway, I mean, and that was old back from twenty two. But I began back in nineteen seventy with Malcolm X's prison Norfolk.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Been from there as an assistant professor.
Speaker 3: I was at right outside of Poughkeepsie there at Greensville, and then sing Sing and Garden City, and got two prisons in New Jersey right across the street from each other. I used to teaching both of those when I was at Princeville.
Speaker 1: Oh God, bless you doc teaching at Princeton and making time for the people.
Speaker 4: I mean, what a ministry.
Speaker 1: And Blessed Peacemaker goes on the layout that Chris Hedges talks about you guys, what you did together in his book are class.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. Chris wrote another classic. He's written so many classics. What a truth teller? And pro Frederick figure Chris Hedges actually is and has been the remains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's one of the one of the courageous ones we talk about all the time. Blessed peacemaker again. Oh this is sad news. I hope we can all be together in our new way, in a new way. I've absolutely loved being with you all. Love you, Doctor West, Senator Turner Man, I am really going to miss this show as it is.
Speaker 2: I know, Ray, that's the truth. We both gonna miss it.
Speaker 4: We both gonna miss it.
Speaker 1: So lots of blessings and all of that kind of stuff. It is that time, doctor West, and I want you to understand your purpose, live your purpose, live on purpose above all things, no matter what. Know that titles are good for purpose.
Speaker 4: It's always better.
Speaker 1: Until next time and another way, make sure you tune in tomorrow on our teaching and Thursday we talking about the history of Juneteenth.
Speaker 4: Sending so much love, so much love.