Speaker 1: Dueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, hour number two here on a Tuesday afternoon Coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate Thorntons, of course, and I'm gonna keep reminding you because eventually this probably won't be a deal, because it's almost like one of those things that maybe they don't even realize how good of a deal they're giving you because you won't find it anywhere else. Four Monster Energy drinks for just seven dollars. I mean, say it out loud with me if you are somebody that is aware of how expensive really everything is, but mostly energy drinks, like that's a steal, so load up. I know I've made a few trips in the past week or so, and each time I go to get a Monster Energy drink, I get four of them. Because you know it's a deal, you'd be foolish not to take advantage of it, and you be foolish to sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program. Download the app on your phone. It's free, easy to find, and you'll be happy that you did I was there earlier today. Same here. I basically lived there. I'm shocked at it. Run into you. They're gonna have to kick me out at some point.
Speaker 3: Got the got the two hot dogs and a coke for five dollars. Now, I'll tell you what Gluzzy gang, stand up gy gang. That's what I talked about. I go, what ketchup and mustard on mine? I know a lot of I know a lot of Glizzy enthusiasts like relish.
Speaker 2: Glizzy enthusiasts onions put that on your bio man, Like that's that's not a bad idea. Yeah, I mean, look, I am sorry, but if you shame people for putting ketchup on a hot dog, like, go to hell. Like what I mean, I mean my hot dog in peace. The fact that because I know there are food snobs out there, Like I get it, but I feel like hot dogs the kind of thing that like you can be snobby about certain things, but like if we're talking about hot dog, like it's a hot dog, Like we all know how those things are made for the most right. So like if you're gonna be snobby about that, you know, maybe it sounds a little bit over the top, but like go to hell. Like it's one thing. If you want to get on somebody for putting ketchup on a steak, like Patrick Mahomes, that's disgusting, that's vile, that's childish. That should be a criminal girl, should be a criminal offense. But like hot dogs, I mean, it's where we draw the line. What's next? Are you asking me? Are you gonna ask me? And and you know, audit me shamey because of what seasoning I put on, like my Beanie Weenies or like spaghetti o's. Like hot dogs are great, love a good hot dog, love a good ballpark hot dog, but it's also not in the upper class of food. Therefore, like you know, you're just you're just being a jerk, to be a jerk, to shame someone about how they eat a hot dog. Once it comes down to you, I was taking a back when I realized, dude, that people shame people for ketchup on a hot dog. It's huge in Chicago.
Speaker 3: They like they they they don't mind, oh they put like, they don't mind mustard on there, but they draw the line up ketchup, And you're already low low of yourself. Whenever you decide okay, I'm gonna go have a hot dog anyway. So I feel like all civility is thrown out the window whenever you start to shame people for what they now add on to.
Speaker 2: The hot dog. I mean, there are certain foods that, like, I wouldn't necessarily be out here parading around bragging about eating because you know, but honestly, the more as I'm talking about it on the air, whatever the hell you want, you know what I mean? Like people shaming anybody for anything is silly. People can do whatever they want to live their life. But like hot dogs, of all things, I just never could quite like I'll put ketchup on a hot dog in front of your face, snobs. Okay, Like I'm not ashamed in any way.
Speaker 3: And I know Thornton's wasn't wasn't a shame to help me out because once I went over to the topping section, they were at a ketchup band mustard, of the squeezable mustard. So I asked the person that was literally working in the kitchen where they're putting down the pizzas and the cheese sticks and all the wings and like their little grill area, and then she looked.
Speaker 2: Over some magic happens, She said, up is She said, oh is there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: There no ketchup and mustard over there, baby, I said, no, there is not.
Speaker 3: She said, hold on, I got you, went back and came out with three brand new of each mustard and ketchup. Nick I was the one peeling the top off of that fresh mustard, of that fresh ketchup, and I was the first user of it at around two o'clock today.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of service you expect from the associates at Thornton's. Couldn't ask for better good stuff. All right, let's go to the text line. Five OO two six five three zero seven ninety is not the number. I do it good, damn it. I got so distracted thinking about hot dogs and Thornton's, and I'm just gonna blame that mistake on the on the hot dog snobs. But FABO two four three eight ninety seventy three is the number again, FIBO two four three eight ninety seventy three. If you want to text in on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line phone lines, FIBO two five seven seventy nine hundred. So apologies for saying the wrong number, but this was something that came in earlier today that I talked about towards the beginning of the show, and that was that if it was my decision and it came down to line, and I'm not saying that, by the way, this is the ultimatum. From what I've gathered, I would imagine that Louisville has has done what they're gonna do for Native men, and now it's just his decision. And those who cover recruiting seem to think that Duke is the most likely landing spot, which, you know whatever, I don't think like Native Mint needs to pick Duke, so Case and Pryor then decides to come back. I think they're totally different things. However, somebody asked me, if it came down to an expense thing, what would you what do you think would be the more worthwhile expense Native Mint or Case and Pryor? And I said Case and Pryor. And then we've had a couple of people that disagree, which is fine, But this person says, getting a talent like Nati Mint, even if he doesn't give give us a whole lot of production, but he's a lottery pick, that's great exposure to get you more of those kind of guys in the future. That's not an incorrect statement, but I just I don't necessarily and by the way, to your point, we already have that with Michail Brown Junior. I mean again Jonavan Givoni, who covers the NBA Draft for ESPN Draft Express, I mean, he has said that after watching Brown at the Hoops Summit as well as the McDonald's All American Game, that he's made his case to be the best guard in the class and could be a top ten pick next year. So you already have one, right, and if you can get two, then great. But I just as we talked about yesterday, getting a one and done, it's cool, right, Like you know, that's representation from you for your program on Draft night. It'll show a path of Okay, if you've got elite guys that know they're only going to be making a pit stop in college before they get to the Association, they'll know that they can take the path to Louisville and get there. Like it's worthwhile, but it's not worth prioritizing a huge part of your resources to build a roster on an annual basis on those kind of guys, unless you know one you can afford it, and they've got a good system to join in, which, by the way, Nata Mint, I mean, if it comes down to money in Louisville, you know, ended up not being able to match whatever, maybe Duke will match, then that's where I think it makes sense. But look, I think if Nata meant if they could afford it and the money was right. Like, I'm not saying don't get him, because I actually think right now, your roster as it is, especially with Javon Back, I mean, to me, that's a huge part of it because he's I mean, he's a grown man. He's a veteran, a guy with a lot of experience that understands the culture, and he'll be the leader of this team. He's gonna make sure that these young guys are well aware of what it takes to play in this program and that you're gonna be held accountable. But you also throw in like Ryan Conwell, another big veteran who's played a lot of basketball. I mean, I think it would work great if you could get him, because I think perfect scenario is that guys like a Mint and Brown have a veteran, talented, experienced group to play alongside to where you're not asking like your season is not dependent upon these two freshmen carrying you. It's just that they are components within your entire system, and you know, maybe if they get good playing time, by the time you get to February March, they're looking like guys that you know are going to be in the NBA next year. So again, I'm not anti nata men at all. It's just if it came down to like he was gonna be a big enough expense to where you maybe couldn't bring in a Ryan Conwell, or maybe you couldn't make it right with Cason Pryor, and maybe, you know, maybe it ends up in somebody like a Warly deciding to go elsewhere because he's getting more or woolly, I'm sorry. I mean, at that point then I would say, yeah, pass on Nata Mint because all these other pieces we're talking about, I think are more important. But if you could make it work with everybody, then make it work. It just to me right now, it seems as if most of the most of the recruiting folks believe that Duke is the favorite. But again, I feel like it changes like every day with this guy, really do all right? Again back to the text line Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line, I should say members get more at Ellenn Federal Credit Union. You can learn them on Open your Accounts today at LLENFCU dot com. This text came in a little bit earlier. It says, Nick, I'm just gonna be honest with you. You went to the spring game, Miller Moss looked okay, but I do feel like we're taking a big step back from Tyler Shuck. Any thoughts, I didn't go to the spring game. I did not get a chance to see Miller Moss. But you know, let's put it this way. If we end up getting to midway through next season and you know, you still feel like Louisville is in position to maybe finish strong, potentially find themselves in the race still for the ACC championship, but yet you do feel like we have taken a step back at quarterback. That may not be because you got Miller Moss and realized he wasn't anything close to what you needed him to be. It might be really the reminder that last year we had a really good quarterback in Tyler Shuck. I mean, I think I've said the same thing anytime it comes up with shuck in this NBA or I'm sorry this NFL draft type that he has, and we have Brian bram on Friday, and you know, I know he would say this about a guy he just coached, but I think he also means it, and he's very sincere that he thinks he's one of the best quarterbacks in this draft and thinks that he will play in the NFL for a long time. Again, you'd expect him to say that, But I think we all kind of had that moment when you lost some games earlier this year and at the time we didn't know SMU was going to be as good as they were. You lost to Notre Dame, and that was still a weird one because I I mean, I watched Notre Dame and I thought, Okay, Louisville has made so many avoidable mistakes in that game, and yet they're still right there with a chance to win it. And I'm thinking, you know what, like, I don't think Notre Dame is going to be really that good. I was clearly wrong. Notre Dame ended up going all the way to the National Championship Game, and they were a phenomenal team when it was all said and done, just came up short in the title game. So I think when we were losing games early that we knew we could have won, and we knew we had really good quarterback play in those games, and that wasn't the reason why we ended up losing. I mean, did we not have that fear? Like I never felt like Louis was gonna have a add season and barely be Bowl eligible, trust me, But there was a little bit of frustration. And clearly, anytime you lose games that you feel like you should have won, there's gonna be frustration. But I think an element of set frustration was because we're thinking, man, we only got this guy one year. We've already taken three losses and he's like, really, really good. Are we going to feel underwhelmed? Are we going to feel like we wasted a once in a lifetime quarterback. I think the way the season finished, I guess you could still potentially feel that way, right, But I mean it wasn't. I mean, you had an eight and four season, you knocked off Clemson for the first time at their place. That win had a lot of value still does. It's a big, big win for the program. You got the Governor's Cup back, and yeah, Kentucky stinks and probably are going to stink again this year. Embarrassing that you didn't have the cup for as long as you went without it, But like those were things that needed to happen this year, and you still finished eight and four. You still have momentum in year two of Jeff brom But like, I don't know, maybe if in fact, you see Tyler Shuck become a really quarterback early on in his career in the NFL. And I'm not saying that will happen, but if it does, maybe we will go back and think, you know what, that guy was dialed in when we played at Notre Dame. How do we lose that one? Or Miami? You know, cam WARDNA, he's gonna be taken really early, right, But I'll just say this, and I know it sounds like such a Louisville Homer thing to say, what do I know about evaluating quarterbacks in the NFL, But if Shuck ends up being as good or better than cam Ward, I'm not gonna be shocked. And I say that mostly because this quarterback class is not viewed to be elite. It's actually viewed to be pretty pretty down, which if he's the fourth quarterback taking, which by all accounts that's what Shuck is is believed to be right now, according to you know, all the mock drafts out there, it's wild because you could be a top four quarterback and be taken in the first round, or you could be in the third round. It just depends on who really wants a quarterback, who's really desperate, who you know, who's willing to take a risk on somebody. And if history repeats itself the NFL, I think, I mean the way they're enamored with the quarterback position. If you're the fourth guy taken, I think give a much better chance of being taken in the top sixty than you do taken after that. But we shall see it. But back to you, like, look, Miller, Mall, I haven't heard anybody tell me that he's not good enough to be the guy that Jep Brom needs him to be at all. I did hear from someone that said that he was a little bit shaky at the beginning of a spring game but then settled in. But look, if you're comparing him to Tyler Shuck, let's just go ahead and accept that. If the NFL scouts are right about this guy. We might not have many quarterbacks that play here for a long time that are as good as he was. So again, whenever we talk about Shuck, I always think like, it's not really that big of a surprise, because again, we all watched. We knew the guy was good. But because the season, you know, had some losses early on, and it really never really felt like Shuck had a ton of hype as far as during the season. That's why I was a little bit surprising that here we go. Now they're looking at the film, they're seeing what this guy can do with his arm, and he's believed to be a top five quarterback in this draft.
Speaker 4: Left.
Speaker 2: But again, we watched, I mean not that we are. You know, I don't know about you guys, but I'm not capable of watching football close enough to know who should be drafted where. I mean, it'd be fun to do, right, But just keep that in mind. Comparing Shuck to Miller Moss may just be unfair Miller Moss, to be honest with you, all right, let's see, let's get to let's go ahead and get to our first break here in the four o'clock hour, we'll keep this thing on track. Speaking to college football, do you guys see what Colorado announced they're doing. I mean, we'll get to it. Unserious program, un serious. I think they've officially told us without officially, you know, putting it in a press release. They're not about winning. They're about hype, Colorado Deon Sanders. It's all about TMZ type hype. That's all they want. They don't care about doing, actually accomplishing anything in their decision to do something that we'll talk about next. We'll make it make sense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, stick around right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So something I was going to get to a little bit later on. I guess it's now time to go ahead and get to it because it is breaking news. Lamar Wilkerson the Sam Houston State transfer, really good guard, good shooter. He was down to Indiana and Kentucky when the day started. He visited both Indiana and Kentucky in that order, and he announced his decision to pick Indiana. So a win for a Darian Devrees over Mark Pote which gotta be honest, I'm a little I'm a little surprised by that, just because I do feel like, you know, he could be walking into, meaning Wilkerson, I feel like he could be walking into the role that was left by both Lamont Butler. I mean, obviously they've added low from Pittsburgh and they're getting otega o way back, So like maybe that made it seem as if the backcourt was crowded, and you know, he'd have a bigger role at Indiana. Like maybe that's what it came down to, because honestly, I don't really know a whole lot about what Indiana's working with. As far as the portal, I know it was nothing but white guys for Darian DeVries there for a minute. As far as all the guys he was bringing in. But six' five, guard twenty points per, game forty four and a half percent from three That's wilkerson's numbers From Sam Houston's Sam Houston. State, well he Picks, indiana AND i, MEAN i guess it shouldn't be surprised because days of players just picking the biggest brand who has the most history and, tradition like that's just not that really doesn't have much value. Anymore and As i've discussed, before be happy if you were able to do enough as a program to really generate an, elite top tier status in the, sport because if you have it, now it's. Great and that's what led to you having, resources people, caring you know enough to know that you, know there's an expectation that kind of. Stuff but, nowadays like if you have all that but you don't have the money that others, have then you know you're gonna have a tough time, Competing like you can't just recruit based off of. That AND i think everybody knows. That but, anyways all right, again FIVE o two five hundred is the. Number if you guys want to jump. In we're gonna get back the phone lines coming up here in just a. SECOND i was just to keep your eye on the on the. Phones we just had a couple of people trying to get. Through but let's go to, well let's see we got our, Man, Jerry, jerry what's? Happening?
Speaker 4: Brother, Hey i'm going to weigh in on The, POPE i mean on the prior speaking of. You, okay TAKE i me Singing, pope sure prior versus Native. Mint here's my take on. IT i Take prior based on some of the same reasons you you talked. About but but from my perspective as a, FAN i think the jury's really out on case And prior we had such a small sample. Size yeah THAT i, mean you, know he shot he shot it poorly from three and he shot it a, lot which is a. Concern he shot it a. Lot he did shoot his free throws. WELL i still think at the end of the, day LIKE i said last, week we still need a. BANGER i don't see it any other. WAY i might be. Wrong maybe the guy coming from overseas will will fill that role a lot better THAN i. Think but from from my perspective just analyzing the, ROSTER i think where's the banger at and And prior's not a, banger and Am min's not a, banger AND i want to talk about a mint real. Quick did you Watch TEAM usa Versus Team world ON Usa network the other?
Speaker 2: Night, NO i just saw, Highlights.
Speaker 4: OKAY i didn't realize it was on until about right before. HALFTIME i turned it on and THEN i watched about half the second half came on really, late SO i bailed on. It after a. While but, anyway A Mint i'll give, him you. Know And i'm basing Everything i'm getting ready to say about A mint on that small sample THAT i watched him just the other. Night, okay and my thing is is. This he played eleven minutes and he scored zero. Points so, Hell i'm not gonna have much good to say about, him Right but the thing that concerned me is. This he looked physically, weak he looked unsure of. HIMSELF i thought his body language showed that he felt like he was not playing. Well and to, ME i thought he was exposed a little bit the other. Night if he's a one and donner at the end of next, year whoever he plays, For i'll be shocked BECAUSE i just don't think he's ready. PHYSICALLY i, mean he needs twenty five thirty pounds of. Muscle you. Know i'm not saying every analyst or evaluator in the country is wrong about the, kid BUT i know this. MUCH i, mean we've we've Seen we've SEEN. VJ kingm, McDonald's All american. Teams we've. Seen give me the other. Guy his name is K no For, louisville played For louisville just and he ended up.
Speaker 2: AT smu Oh Sam Sam. Williamson, Sam, well there you, go Okay.
Speaker 4: Sam so so they are wrong on, kids And i'm saying he's Either i'm not saying he's either one of those, kids BUT i don't think he's one and. DONE i realized that all star games a lot of times are guard, dominated et, cetera and all that. Stuff BUT i give you an. EXAMPLE i was thinking about, him AND i watched The Kentucky illinois game in THE ncaa, tournament AND i felt like both of their star freshmen were exposed Against, kentucky And kentucky lost what eleven or twelve. Games it's not like they were a final, fourteen but both of those, kids the thirty, two the white guard from, overseas and then they had a then then they had a thin h sort of LIKE nata meant uh real slim, forward and they didn't do anything Against. Kentucky you, Know SO i look AT i saw an interview By Rick patino the other day and he, said, basically he's almost ruled out freshman. Entirely he don't he doesn't really want to take him.
Speaker 2: Anymore AND i AND i don't think there's anything wrong with. THAT i get why you still would look at the ranks and and you, know always keep your eye on what's out. There BUT i think that used to be something crazy to hear from, people and now you're, like, YEAH i get it.
Speaker 4: Real. QUICK i go back to prior WHEN i look At prior and him him getting, injured AND i, think where would we have ended up at The, uh there's no. Telling the record might have been better by two or three. Games it might have been the, same it might have been. Worse hadley was the beneficiary and he and he did a really good job for The, cards and and and you can't you can't fault his the season he. Had so there's no telling the way things would have worked. Out, Uh i'm gonna change gears real. Quick did you Hear Corn johnson went To Ole.
Speaker 2: Miss, NO i did.
Speaker 4: Not, yeah that just broke a few minutes. Ago and THEN i got one more thing for you to look into and chew on a little. BIT i heard an interview on another Show buddy And mine told me, about SO i went and looked up the. Podcast. Today dan McDonell was on a was on a show today In louisville and he said the reason there was a conflict With kentucky And louisville's baseball coaches when they played the other day was was due to tampering by The kentucky. STAFF i mean he as much as said, it, okay and SO i JUST i just found that very.
Speaker 2: Interesting, YEAH i mean it's not surprising, sometimes, yeah it's not, surprising but it also is another reminder of where we. Are is it a jerry that like, nowadays you, know coaches will tell you what they're what they're upset about when they have those little, riffs right, Right.
Speaker 4: But that's all got A i go with, prior who knows we're the lane that thanks a, lot appreciate.
Speaker 2: It. Yeah so, yeah there was a little bit of a of a of a CONFRONTATION i guess before the game started between louisll And kentucky and. Baseball AND i did not hear, that but that would that would uh that makes. Sense, Also Nick, minione that kind of seems like a. LUNATIC i, MEAN i don't, mean there's no way to say that without it being like an, insult BUT i, mean he's the guy runs. HOTS i don't know WHAT i did see, LATER i guess a few days after they Played louisville In louisville one that he got ejected and you, know got like bumping with the ump and WHICH i guess that's not that. Uncommon but, YEAH i just wish and this is one, thing And i'll get back to sort of What jerry, said because there have some thoughts on on on on on a lot of what he had to say. There but whenever you would hear a press conference from a coach and they would talk about tampering going on and complaining and this and, THAT i, REMEMBER i, mean, like say who it? Is, like why bring it? Up if you're not gonna call somebody out like it's such A i think you think you're like y'all better be careful Because i'll Start i'll start naming. Names now you won't you're scared to do it or you would already do. It LIKE i, mean, LIKE i will say this one person THAT i never THOUGHT i would be at any point using as an example to give him praise, for you, know putting his name on, it not being. Afraid Scott, saderfield my man was was emotional at midfield After Mark stoops and his team Bullied. LOUISVILLE i mean that was that was that was, honestly that's when he lost, me to be honest with, you not that it matters, me but like that was so. Weak but he did if you, remember AND ill, Said i'm sure you remember, This scott said of a called Out Nick saban by. Name, YEAH i mean he said that that that receiver that never made. UP i don't known to be caught a pass in his career after he Left, louisville But louisville had that Speechter Tyler BROWN i think was his, name and he transferred From louisville to To, bama never could get on the. FIELD i think he didn ended up At miami And i'm not sure if he had. Play that's WHAT i. Say, Brown i'm, sorry you're, right, Yeah Tyler, Harrold, yes thank you for correcting me on. That, YEAH i remember, Him but Like, saban he ended up like responding to it in some, interview you, know down the. Line but of all, THINGS i thought i'd be singling Out Scott saderfel for it wouldn't be to say at least when he did say that somebody tampered he. MENTIONED i don't know if he Said saban's, name but he Said, alabama which you know everybody knows he was running that program at that. Time so, anyways but, no With Nata, ment you, know the knock would be that he's just physically NOT i, mean he's an eighteen year old and he looks like, it and you used to be able to get by with that much much better than you can. Now but the issue is that young freshmen that you, know used to be able to not really get exposed for being eighteen fresh out of high. School the difference now is, that and this is pretty, obvious dudes stick around for four or five years if they can in college to where you're going to be playing against more, physical more physically built grown men Like native men may have the skill and the talent level and the potential to be an all time, great but he's entering college with a frame that's Not Cooper, flag that's not Even Ron. Knipple that AS i said, earlier there's no way to say. That i'm truth, Me i'm. Not i'm not acting Like Nata mint is not as good of a player as CAN i. Rouse But coni rousays a true freshman was physically more ready than native man is right. Now don't mean you don't take, Him but that's WHY i think you would take Prior and To jerry's point About casson's production last year before the, injury he just gave you a different, wrinkle meaning he was an athlete at that position you did not. Have he was a good enough athlete in ball handler at his size to get to the free throw, line and he would usually cash him when he got to the. Line he could run the floor better than any of our. Bigs he was good in transition as far as. Finishing, clearly we saw that he's got some tools that you really could have. Utilized but it is a little bit tough to. Like With casin and With, korn we really don't know exactly what we. LOST i think we would have honestly viewed those guys as a lot better than they actually. Are Had louisville's season, crumbled but it, didn't you were able to still put together a good season and have a good team without. Them that doesn't mean that they were useless and you didn't need. Them BUT i think With, casein my guess is, this he's not getting the same amount of money that he did a year, ago and it's because he's coming fresh off of AN acl, tear And, louisville of course has had to you, know spend money like AND i get like you may feel like that was. Wrong And i'm not Saying i'm not speaking for him at. ALL i don't MEAN i have no clue how he's. FEELING i do think he's gonna come, back AND i wouldn't be shocked if he announced this it this, week but we shall. See you, know you just don't. Know BUT i would say that not only Is louisville more willing to you, know risk life without him because of THE acl, injury to where maybe they just don't know how like they don't know if it's worthy of spending that kind of money on a guy that might take a little while to shake off some rusting get back to himself because of the injury that he. Had but also they're not in a position like they were a year. Ago they needed a guy that could give you exactly what he gave you last, year and now they're, not you know WHAT i. Mean, like it's not to say that Like cason can move, On we'll go get another guy just like. Him trust, Me it's not Like i'm acting like he's he's a dime a, dozen but you know you've Got hadley. Back he showed what he can. DO i Think Sonny frew is not as, skilled maybe as a, prior but like he's he can play the, four and he. Can And jerry mentioned they need another bang or another guy that's physical around the, rim AND i would. AGREE i Think freu could be that. GUY i, mean it's tough to, know but like he has been playing against grown men and he, yes he'll be a freshman in his first year of college, basketball but he's also going to be twenty one years. Old so, YEAH i think With casein he's the right play in my, opinion if he came down, to, like which one do you? Take if he could take, both you get. It BUT i think with case and you Know louisville AND i have no clue how negotiations. Work is it the collective? Right is? It is It Dan furman in THE fabo two circle talking to, agent To cayson's agent or his, DAD i, DON'T i don't, know but the reality is, This louisvill's in a position to where if he doesn't want to take what they, Like i'm sure they want, it and maybe they, counter like maybe maybe he counters and they match. IT i don't. KNOW i don't know what the negotiation, is but they are in a position now to where they they're more able TO i guess envision life without him one because they've got a roster that's in solid shape right now as it, is and they saw that they could be successful without him last. Year that's not to say, that oh who cares like we don't need him if he wants to be, here, cool but, like you, know it is what it. Is that's how it played out. Now Korin johnson going To ole Miss that's that's a good get For Chris. BEARD i think THAT'S i think that's a you, Know koran is the absolute guy that you just don't know what you didn't have because he played in The bahamas and then he played Against tennessee and whoever they opened up, with who was? It remember who they opened? Up oh Morehead? State AND i don't even know what he did numbers, Wise but he's a talented. Guy he's a good. ATHLETE i still believe that he actually had he been fully, HEALTHY i think he would have been a bigger asset than, casein but that's just because you, Know chucky had to do a lot And fat ended up kind of really coming on. Late and he was good all, year, honestly AND i give him a lot of credit for adjusting and adapting as guys got hurt and kind of really finding himself within this within this. Team But coorn was a guy that you could bring off the, bench that was a guard that you, know he could give you sixteen points and a half if he just gets roll into where he's knocking down shots in. Transition AND i, REALLY i really would have loved to have seen him play, here but obviously he wanted to move, on AND i wouldn't be shocked if he has a lot of success At. Ole miss all, right quick, break we'll come back on the other. Side we probably won't get to, it you, know a whole out here in this final segment in the four o'clock. Hour But indiana, Losing i'm, Sorry indiana getting a recruit, TRANSFER i should say Over Mark. POPE i, Mean kentucky will probably be just fine BECAUSE i Think Mark pope's a good enough coach to where they'll like he'll make it work with what he. Has that's how. MUCH i believe he's a good. COACH i WISH i WISH i didn't believe. THAT i wish it wasn't the. Case But i'm just being honest with. You but like this is this is another example of what we've seen in The pope, era and it's again. Knock this isn't even a knock On. Pope but Like kentucky with cal for so, long they're not. Loose they're not used to losing anybody to, anybody, right, transfers freshmen, whatever they usually get about anybody they. Want And pope missed on some guys last year and it worked out fine for. Him it'll probably be the same. Thing but Like, indiana The hoosiers are filling themselves a little bit.
Speaker 1: Here darien.
Speaker 2: DEVREES i, mean he got one Over pope and this is the old like you can't sell but, like oh we didn't prioritize, Him no you did both did you went full? Go and he Chose, indiana Which i'm surprised by but could pick up for The hoosiers no. Doubt quick, break we'll wrap it up on the other, side meaning the four o'clock hour stick around On Sports talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety now back To coffee And, company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day we'll get to it in the five o'clock. Hour But Lamar, Wilkins Lamar wilkerson's quote that he gave when Committee. INDIANA i, mean it's just one player and maybe he just got sold such a phenomenal opportunity By Darien. Debrees AM i saying that? RIGHT i, MEAN i think It's.
Speaker 3: Divirees it's Not Deverrise, direes, yeah or is The? Devrees either, way where's the emphasis? At and it's Not Darren Darien DEBREES i.
Speaker 2: Believe is his name So? Darien so, Anyway i'm not sure If i'm saying his name correctly or, not BUT i need to come correct and put some respect on the name BECAUSE i, mean he kind of just body Bagged Mark pope because he got this young man to believe That indiana is really the program That kentucky. Is if you if you read what he said About, indiana you would think he was talking about the other. Programs so hell of a JOB i guess By, Devrees DeVries. Whatever and again we'll get more into that on the other. Side we don't have much time left here in the four o'clock, hour and we do have to get out a little bit early today because of A bats, Game so we'll make the most of the five o'clock, card but real quick before we, do take our next break, here before we get to the. Five The colorado football, program without, question became much more profitable notable they've benefit they've benefited from Hiring Deon sanders because not only is he bringing them attention that really nobody else. Could they're, better Like colorado has been a better, program but they also really haven't accomplished much of. Anything and the level in which THEY i guess to them, ACCOMPLISHMENTS i don't believe is based off of winning important. GAMES i think it's just off of doing numbers on the. Internet Like i'm not. Kidding So colorado yesterday announced they're going to retire the numbers two and twelve in honor Of Shadower sanders And Travis. Hunter Travis hunter at a place Like, COLORADO i feel like it is worthy that you retire his. Number, now with that, SAID i Mean lowell did it With. Lamar but with that, SAID i, mean Did colorado have they ever had any Other Heisman trophy? WINNERS i don't think they. HAVE i Know Cordell steart went. THERE i believe it Was Cordell, stewart and they had they. Wanted most people don't realize. This they won a national championship AND i don't know what year it, was and it was one of those years where maybe they along with one other, team claimed to be now national. Champions, yeah nineteen ninety they were the national. Champs so you, know it's a little bit of a. Surprise but, again he's he's he's, Special Travis. HUNTER i, mean he's super talented both sides of the ball like. THAT i don't really have an issue. With it's just rare to see it happen that. Early but, Again louisville Retired lamar's pretty, early AND i actually think it was a reminder that you should honor these guys when they're in their prime more so than you should. Whin they're like the people who showed up to See lamar get his number, retired everybody knew who he. Was if they'd ha done it When lamar was seventy, eight you'd probably know the, name but like the vast majority of those in attendance wouldn't be able to say they were alive when he played, there SO i actually liked doing it on the younger side more so than the older. Side but either, Way Shdoor sanders does NOT i mean what LIKE i, mean they went thirteen and twelve total in two seasons At, colorado those two guys, did and you, know the program no conference. CHAMPIONSHIPS i, MEAN i JUST i really. DON'T i don't get.
Speaker 1: It and.
Speaker 2: It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of, things, like it's just what they decide to, do, RIGHT i, mean it's, harmless, Right BUT i feel like the THINGS i used to just say kind of tongue in cheek and there was clearly some exaggeration involved in. It MAYBE i should have said it without. It maybe it's just the, truth because, again you are retiring numbers of players who in you, know two seasons At colorado they went eight and ten in The big twelve in The pac. TWELVE i, mean they didn't win a bowl, game they didn't win their. Conference LIKE i just the only thing you could Claim Shador sanders would be would be retired for is that he was really famous on the internet and brought notoriety to the program because of that the way That colorado handles. THEMSELVES i, MEAN i don't think these guys are losers and don't want to, win but they're they're okay with losing if they're doing numbers LIKE i think. THAT i, mean you saw how they acted when THEY i, mean the first season was a really big, tell and last year they were better and they made big. Improvements but, like here's something that wouldn't be really far fetched and really wouldn't be a surprise to anybody Without Travis. Hunter Does Dean sanders ever have a winning season again At? Colorado? NO i MEAN i could be. WRONG i was. WRONG i thought they wouldn't be a team that won seven league games last. Year but, like and, look every, player every coach who's best player, Ever, like how Would Charlie strong be remembered if he never Coached? Teddy? Right how Would bobby be remembered Post arkansas if he never Had? Lamar like every coach is clearly going to be dependent upon their elite player being. Great but, LIKE i Think colorado is fine if they're not, like as long as they're not like the doormat of their, league they can go five and, seven five and, seven six and, six, six and, six and If dion is still doing big numbers and they're still very much in the news in the limelight because of, him they're fine with. It and to be, fair even though it's still not SOMETHING i think you should be retiring numbers over or acting like you've done something. Substantial they are better than they, were, right you know WHAT i? Mean like that's how Bad colorado was when they Hired. Dion BUT i just feel like when you've got all of that, flash all of that, hype all that talking and yapping that they, DO i just feel like at some point there'd be a level of being humbled because you have no substance to follow.
Speaker 1: It it's just.
Speaker 2: Hype and that's what it still. Is like When Dan lanning yelled About colorado in that locker room Before oregon went out there and beat their, ass he said it perfectly like they're playing for, clicks we're playing for, Wins AND i really don't think that that's up for debate at this, point and they can. Be you, know there's footage of them getting embarrassed by teams and still talking trash like it's JUST i don't get. IT i don't get it all right five o'clock, hours next right here On Sports talk seven ninety