Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot Com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com, and you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over.
Speaker 2: Town, bars, breweries, restaurants.
Speaker 1: Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey rooms.
Speaker 3: Through the playoffs, Bell Bank is giving one kafan listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice. Just head over to KFE dot Comic Keyword Contest to learn more than enter today. That's KFE dot com Keeword Contests.
Speaker 2: Eighties time. I'm going for three in a row now, hatrick for the pure hat trick. Yeah man.
Speaker 1: And last week the two of you, Marni and in Hawk put on a show. Carlyon Zach completely shut out, but you two win neck and neck, but Chris got you at the finish line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like two in a row. It was a good game, but Chris going for three in a row. Let's go.
Speaker 3: It's time for Initials Game five fifty six on the Power Trip presented by Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 4: Make sure you correct, by the way, make sure you tune in at Kevin a Coom slash watch. We're on there right now. You can watch us play the Initials game and Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing is keeping homes comfortable and been doing so for over sixty five years. New customers get a forty nine dollars FURST tune up and safety check, and for a london of time, get a free carbon monoxide detector Cassis one two two hundred twenty one twenty today or schedule online at Hurlbert HP dot com. That's Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Let's go around the room, shall we? Yeah? New Father meets as Paul.
Speaker 1: Lambert's playing today and if you win, what happens?
Speaker 2: What also with you?
Speaker 5: Oh Charmed? I'm sponsored by my amazing friends. It's Seventh Avenue Pizza. The deal of the week is at all Kowalski stores, All Seventh Avenue Pizza, Coolsky Stars.
Speaker 2: It's seven ninety nine.
Speaker 5: If I win today, tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, and one of you could one hundred dollars restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue Hike Pete right on.
Speaker 2: What about if Chris wins his third cond name.
Speaker 4: If I win, you get ten percent off your entire order now through Monday and store online at radco dot com when you use a promo code initials and don't forget the newly renovated, get renovated Burnsville.
Speaker 2: Location that's now open. It features close to forty clearance toppers. It's too good to be true.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's rad code. Thank you rad Cooe. It might be three weeks in a row. Marnie, you almost had it last week. What happens if Ash darn it?
Speaker 4: Josh darted?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Thanks to my beautiful friends at grade Clips. They are my sponsor for Initials and if I win, you can tweet me tag great Clips now through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win one year of free haircuts from Great Clips.
Speaker 2: Salons say you might want to think about it.
Speaker 1: Jeez wow, I feel nothing but kind to you put.
Speaker 2: You out in next street pairs. What happened? Marky Mark Well.
Speaker 7: I am sponsored today by my good friends at ABC American Building Contractors, And if I win today, tweet at me at Mark D. Parrish and tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win a one hundred dollars Visa gift card. Thank you American Building Contractors.
Speaker 2: Here you good guy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you're going to be an ACME in about a month. I'll give away some tickets if I win. But also, can I tell you what I was going to do? And I just I just stepped back from it, and I'm working on being a good person this year. I was going to come in here with some elaborate lie about some company that was going to give everybody free pizza, even just for me playing, And then I was just going to give out my dad's cell phone number.
Speaker 2: Oh dear God, genius. And I was like, I was going to do ken.
Speaker 1: I was going to do it up until Marnie said that a mean thing, and I snapped out of it, and I was like, don't do that to your dad. That comment hurt from Marnie. Imagine what he's going to do when he gets all those calls.
Speaker 2: Great bit, I'm gonna called him on the air.
Speaker 1: Initials Game Live dot com. You can play this game all over the Twin Cities and beyond. In Bars two opened last night. We've had Princeton this week, Hastings this week, Annandale this week, California in a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks before doing Forks, there's a whole bunch of spots right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Will genuinely message like sending me pictures of them playing the game right bars. People are loving it all over the place Initials Game live dot com.
Speaker 2: It's super fun, all right.
Speaker 1: So before we play the game, though, one of you has a crack at eighty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot.
Speaker 2: That's right, eighty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Looking to buy new car or save money in your current carloan dual with Save Paul Federal Credit Union now for in Carloon rates his little six point two nine percent apply today at Saint Paul UPSU dot org slash KAFA and federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 2: It goes up five hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars every week thanks to our friends to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. It's a progressive jackpot. I today get one letter in the right spot, which is still pretty cool. They went to hundred and fifty bucks, which might feel a little bit like a kick in the pants when eighty two thousand dollars is right around the corner.
Speaker 2: But if you get both in the right spot, you.
Speaker 1: Win eighty two thousand dollars. Good morning, What is your name and where are you from? Hey?
Speaker 2: This is Kent from rose Mount. From rose Mount, Hi, Ken, how are you? I'm doing great? How are you guys? We're doing great.
Speaker 1: It would be super fun to give you eighty two thousand dollars, But that's where you come in because you have to tell me the initials I'm about to use.
Speaker 2: It's tough. Yeah, let's do it all right. What's what's your what's your logic? What do you think? And what letters do you want here? Well?
Speaker 5: I just had a daughter about two months ago, so I'm going to use my children's initials.
Speaker 2: See K, going C and K.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, congrats, congratulations c K, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Kent trying to win eighty two thousand dollars by going with his kids initials.
Speaker 1: CE and K. Does he have one rite for two fifty and is he alive to still have a shot at eighty two thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, sorry Kent, Sorry Steve Man dang it o man.
Speaker 1: Uh. This was a very tough combo to guess. Guys, there's a handful of combos. I just sit on for years because I'm like, man, I have like ten great I got like ten good items, but I gotta get to like fourteen or I can't do it. This is a list I've been working on for years, and I finally got it over the line cool, which means which means the first letter is a vowel. Of course we're going.
Speaker 9: I what B?
Speaker 2: Why do you invite me?
Speaker 9: God?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Let's five hundred of these games? I B. This one's gonna be fo you guys ready, Yeah, yeah, I be here we go.
Speaker 9: Clue number one.
Speaker 1: In its standard usage is commonly just one word.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Launched in the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 9: Clue number three are mostly white.
Speaker 1: Clue number four might minimize initial awkwardness. Side yep, icebreaker, that's right, ice breakers or icebreakers. I would have accepted, and the act the icebreaker got it breaker. You're on the You're on the board. A couple of weeks ago, Chad got to Kelsey got one.
Speaker 2: So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: I just yep, I understand people.
Speaker 2: Here's number two of I BE.
Speaker 9: Clue number one is.
Speaker 1: Can an acted to a group of individuals. Clue number two features levels. Clue number three you can fall into one of these. Clue number four in a sense, the higher the better. Clue number five this is a range or a division. Final clue Clue number six. This is used to classify a person's earnings. Four tax I was first income bracket. That's right, that is income brackets.
Speaker 2: Tastes sucker so hard. Chad, yeah, right all the way home. Okay, wait, anybody named Chad? Yeah? Oh yeah, wow. SI has two.
Speaker 1: Here's number three of I BE. Clue number one slightly padded. Clue number two is flat. Clue number three has legs. Clue number four is often about thirty six inches above the ground.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Is rectangular with one end tapered.
Speaker 1: Mark yep, infant bed. Marnie's laughing quietly to herself. That's what they call it, right, I believe it. I believe it's called a crib.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a It's fine. Parish is up for the rest of you know. I'm here today. Okay, it's up for number three final clue.
Speaker 9: Clue number six heat.
Speaker 1: Is introduced to this to help unwrinkle close eye. Oh my god, I couldn't tell if it was Zacho do the old instant replay. Nobody say anything for a second, and that was super close. Clue number six heat is introduced to this to help unwrinkle closing.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, let me.
Speaker 1: Quick closing, full closing. There's a there, there's a put in there. I'm sure it does feel like man. It helps that your name is short too, But I can't. I'm only playing the game I was told to play.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was as well, so I go for it.
Speaker 1: Ironing board, and I feel so much worse about it if you didn't have that cope before.
Speaker 10: I can slow it down here real quick. I want to hear it slowed down for controversy. Go just for fun a coal closing. Yeah, we're good, all right, I all three start the game. Somebody slow them down.
Speaker 1: Here's number four of ib clue number one often associated with beauty.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Thriving.
Speaker 9: Clue number three is metaphorically flourishing.
Speaker 2: SI go for it, inner beauty. I knew it couldn't be.
Speaker 1: Shy out for the rest of number or shoot clear number four is a period or a phase.
Speaker 2: MHM.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: This phrase is sometimes connected to ideas during the height of creativity.
Speaker 9: I clue clue number.
Speaker 1: Six gardens, careers, seasons, but especially flowers can be this in bloom that's.
Speaker 2: Right, nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing probably my favorite Nirvana song too. But whatever in Bloom gets saucy on the board, SI has sauce has one here's number five of IB.
Speaker 9: Clue number one was a group. Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Both words are intentionally misspelled.
Speaker 9: Clue number three debuted.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and nine.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: Featured a burning theater.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 1: A carving led one person to say, this might be my masterpiece.
Speaker 9: Oh, clue clue number six.
Speaker 1: This was nominated for eight Academy Awards, winning for Best Supporting Actor, which was Hans Londa Landa, a Nazi played by Hill Yeah Mark glorious Bastards, You got there, fantastic movie.
Speaker 2: I Love it, Yeah, it's good. I don't like the way this is trending.
Speaker 1: Inglorious bastards get sauces second point and you trail sigh three to two.
Speaker 2: But there's a seven to go.
Speaker 1: Everybody's stole in this. Here's number six of IB. Clue number one is a person. Clue number two often mentioned in media reports. Clue number three killed once in a while. Paul, innocent bystander. That's warming right up, Sauce with three, great.
Speaker 2: All right side with three and then saucy with three. Proud of you, Paul, and I don't like it, thank you. Tied at the top halftime. Three apiece for sauce. Thank you. I've been growing.
Speaker 1: It to go though, Marnie and Hawkin Parish will have plenty of time.
Speaker 2: Here's number seven of IB. Clue number one features some tigers.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: In a sense debuted in eighteen ninety three.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This occurs in one state.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This involves college kids. Marni yep insight.
Speaker 1: Ball Lsu Marnie out for the rest of number seven. Clue number five is an intense rivalry. Oh Paul yep Si Iron Bowls. That's the iron ball between Alabama and Auburn.
Speaker 2: I can't believe anything with Iron Bowl.
Speaker 1: Sauce has four consecutive points and he leads for to three five items. You so mad at herself, Marns. That wasn't a terrible guess.
Speaker 2: That was Yeah, what was it again? Insight Bowl?
Speaker 1: I mean like, uh, maybe the Memphis Tigers, the Yells, maybe somebody played for it's I mean, eighteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Three, not a bad guess.
Speaker 1: Sauce has four, Si has three, and there's five items to agre.
Speaker 2: Here we go, now we go, Now we go. Somebody other than here's the number aims of I be.
Speaker 1: Clue number one can be accidental or deliberate. Clue number two most commonly black. Marnie, Yeah, ink blots.
Speaker 2: There we go. That was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Wow, ink blod Yeah, just accidentally deliberate, most commonly black.
Speaker 2: Wow. How did you come up with that one? Shooting insight? Oh? Ink blod? Look at you, Marns.
Speaker 1: Taking a Roorshack test or two in the past to see if you're a psycho or what's the deal.
Speaker 2: Marny has one, man has one, says four, s I has three.
Speaker 4: The guy from Welcome Back Cotter.
Speaker 1: Close h Here's number nine of IB clue number one. The goal is to stop this.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Often lacks obvious signs sy GO for internal bleeding. W it's crazy that I am God, holy crap.
Speaker 2: Size.
Speaker 1: All I could think about was when he said welcome back Cotter My just kept going.
Speaker 2: Volta when somebody had internal bleeding. Travolta looks like he has internal bleeding. And there we are, all.
Speaker 1: Right, a couple of home runs between Marni and Cide. There, Wow, internal bleeding. I has sauces. Yeah, the three Haw comparish are mathematically eliminated. Marny, you need the last guys. I need you guys to try.
Speaker 2: Man. I'll tell you after we're done.
Speaker 4: What I keep thinking about, Yeah, yeah, the same thing I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: You don't have to whisper the word poor.
Speaker 9: Here's number ten of I BE clue number one.
Speaker 2: The goal is to mimic Hawk. Okay, international bizarre.
Speaker 1: All right, No, it's why on fire though, all right, Chris out for the rest of number ten.
Speaker 2: Clue number two is an alternative.
Speaker 1: SI imitation brand that's really good bad guess at all Hawks out for ten simnsing out for number ten.
Speaker 2: That is a good guess down to Marney, sauce and parish Marny. You need this one. Here we go, it's just Martin.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Has a smaller environmental footprint.
Speaker 9: Clue number four, the first word is a declaration.
Speaker 1: Declaration, if I can just read, is a declaration of scientifically achieving what was once unthinkable.
Speaker 9: Clue number five, These might touch bread. Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: You can order one of these at Red Robin and it is plant based. Jesus all right, Zachary, instant replay again. I think it was probably Mark one of these at Red Robin, and it is plant based.
Speaker 2: That sounds like parish, parish, impossible burger something, Thank you buddy.
Speaker 1: All right, that mathematically elimined. It's Marnie. But keep playing. So sigh and sauce with four a piece, perishing Marny with one.
Speaker 2: Zero. But there's a two to go. Here we go, of ib.
Speaker 1: Clue number one can be extremely attractive.
Speaker 9: Clue number two is subjective. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Yep, interviewing that one. We're working for you. We're working first. I just got doubt because I didn't want to give that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the one Chris had nothing to lose, why not go for it? Thank you Christy all for your side on the line here. So you get this, you win, You get this, you win. If Marnie Hawk or Parish gets this, then we have a heads up tie breaker. In overtime. Let's get Si going for the wind, Sauce going for the win. Here's the final item, Number twelve of I be. Clue number one is commonly small. Clue number two.
Speaker 2: This is most often intended for just one person.
Speaker 9: Clue number three all for the win, Ice Bath.
Speaker 1: Good guess all swung and miss though, so the door is open, Sig you're going for the wind now.
Speaker 2: Sauce is cheering for one of the other three to keep him alive. Oh God, people are going to be so disappointed. Me all out for the rest of number twelve. Here we go.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Is often either abnormally quiet or abnormally.
Speaker 9: Loud mm hmm. Clue number four has a door. Clue number five this.
Speaker 2: Is often associated with voiceover work.
Speaker 9: Clue clue number six.
Speaker 1: Some contestants are temporary Marnie isolation booth.
Speaker 2: Over time between You're going all right?
Speaker 1: Only three clues in a tiebreaker saw aside three only three clues, and if you ring in and get it wrong, your opponent gets to hear all three clues, and then we'll have five seconds after the third clue to say the answer.
Speaker 2: You don't have to ring in in that case, just say the answer.
Speaker 1: One else is playing, Nope, just you and themselves. Me, just a couple of dads, couple of Newish dads. Here we go, Si and Sauce for the wind tiebreaker number one.
Speaker 9: Of I be clue number one.
Speaker 2: Not on one extreme or the.
Speaker 1: Other clue number two positioned as a center point.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Also known as ac doocey.
Speaker 1: This gambling game features betting on whether or not a card will have a value that falls within the value at all.
Speaker 2: Ye in between, that's right, that's in bet.
Speaker 4: That was the first one I had right away and never heard of that right.
Speaker 2: It all the time.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you extreme the amount of hurt that I feel right now for myself.
Speaker 2: Oh whatever, two thousand and nine like that? What you know what? Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh, that's congratulations, inner beauty.
Speaker 2: Though off the charts side, get a haircut, but I mean.
Speaker 1: Can't get the first three. I can't believe you mentioned the hair and not the beard. Maybe it was be fair.
Speaker 6: I didn't specify doubling down at the end.
Speaker 1: What happens now, bro oh yeah, hold on, hold on, Hulkster, take your time side.
Speaker 2: Do you did you surprise yourself? No?
Speaker 5: Now that I've won, you could go and tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and because I've heard if you want a free hogie called nine.
Speaker 2: Eight nine Wow.
Speaker 1: Just for fun, we haven't done this in a long time. All five of you? Tiebreaker two? Okay, just in case I v clue one. This is a Hall of Fame football player.
Speaker 2: Clue to a.
Speaker 1: Second round pick in nineteen ninety four out of Memphis.
Speaker 2: He was a Super Bowl champion and yep, Isaac Bruce. Look at him? Wow, larish Isaac Bruce.
Speaker 7: Thing that I thought of when you said really Isaac Bruce and I thought he was a football player.
Speaker 2: He sure was. Hall of Famer. Wowsers mad mad about isolation booth? How what was the one you kept thinking of? Itchy butt?
Speaker 4: And what is it in the bowel thing?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which they're kind of the same thing, same thing.
Speaker 2: Can you really, folks, has done your very internal beauty there? Ye interesting. I always said, here's the thing. I've always said.
Speaker 1: My goal was if I every time I play, I can put points on the board. You know, I think I'm gonna walk the Phil Michelson path where I'm always I mean, I'm not like he.
Speaker 2: Seems like a loser, but.
Speaker 1: From like a competition standpoint, where you're always like you never get there, you never get there, but then when you finally get there, everybody looks back like, oh, he's been scoring points a whole time, and then I'll be considered a great.
Speaker 2: But now when I got