Speaker 1: Juicys, Hot Gods, every stay on top in the wood shovel.
Speaker 2: Netflix has made a big announcement today and it is that the Cowboys documentary that's titled America's Team, The Gambler and His Cowboys will drop on August nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's what it's called. Yeah, did you see the picture of it? I sent to her bent the picture, but I was driving sided. Okay, it's fascinating. So it's got the triplets and Dion on there with Jerry and the star and his sunglasses. I can't wait for this me either. But this could go a million different ways. This could be all right, let's get into the White House and how ugly it got. But I doubt the Cowboys would help with that and do interviews with it and stuff if they thought it was going to go that direction. Or it could be a puff piece. So I really don't know what to expect.
Speaker 4: Episodes. Go ahead, let me read this to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is from the pressure release here.
Speaker 3: So this is a documentary. It's not current Cowboys. It's a documentary on the Jerry years, and it's like the Michael Jordan thing, is what I would think.
Speaker 2: Okay, the documentary is a partnership with the Jones family.
Speaker 3: Oh, Tracing is more like the Fab five documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tracing Jones's rise from the sun of an Arkansas community store owner to being one of the most innovative influential leaders in sports ten episodes though, I do like that. So we'll start in eighty nine with him buying the team, or then maybe they talk about his childhood and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: It'll still be good, but it won't be sallacious. Yeah, this is more like a memoir for Jerry type thing. Feels like smart for them.
Speaker 3: Anybody that wants to control a narrative and you have the means to do it, get you a documentary made and get your hands all over it while it's being made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just tell you know this from a couple of buddies that cover the team. Basically, the Netflix cameras were all around. Twenty twenty four was last year. Yeah, twenty twenty three, Sorry, twenty twenty three ago. Twenty twenty three, the Netflix cameras were all around, and they got the big loss to the Packers in the playoffs. Oh, and I remember the guy who's covering the team was like one reason Jerry's so mad about that game is because I think they thought that was the year they had it, they had the dogs to go really do it, And that's why they didn't pump all their resources into twenty twenty four last year.
Speaker 4: It's because they kind of thought that it would cap off.
Speaker 2: The documentary and all that stuff, and it just didn't get close to happening.
Speaker 4: He also said it was very annoying.
Speaker 2: When the Netflix people would be on the elevator and you just run into them all the time at the Star They're just kind of in the way. They're around a lot in twenty twenty three. So part of the reason McCarthy probably fired, like, yeah, but there you go. That's that's kind of interesting to me.
Speaker 4: You know, it's.
Speaker 3: Hearing that part of it. But you've got to do that, You've got to make it go full circle. But I hope they don't lean heavily on the last couple of years. Yeah, you know, I mean, in other words, well, I think it's the nineties, right, this is what they're looking at. Well, yeah, but the whole point of all the Netflix cameras being there, they're trying to capture the final season and tie it all together.
Speaker 4: I mean, ten episodes. It's weird because they were eight and eight. It felt like, Yeah, but those Garrett years are very interesting. They're interesting.
Speaker 3: But also what I'm saying is like, I hope, you know, I feel like the McCarthy years could be about maybe an episode at the most, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't want to spend a bunch of that, like the most interesting. I mean, we're talking about thirty years now, right, so that's a long time. The Triplet years, the Parcels years, and the Garrett years are far more interesting to this story arc than everything else, Like Chan Gaily and Campo and McCarthy. I mean, you've got to do that stuff. But if yesterday we did the fifty thirty twenty rule, like to me, it'd be like fifty forty ten and ten would be.
Speaker 4: McCarthy, Campo, Gaily.
Speaker 3: The great thing about Gaily is that is when Michael Irvin started stabbing people in the neck with scissors. That's always fun. Yeah, But dude, I the cowboys are king here and we've talked about it a lot. But if you look at the TV ratings, I love talking about this. You know, one percent of the market will watch the Stars game, and that's a very passionate one percent, but one percent of the market will be watching the Stars on TV.
Speaker 4: Two to three percent will.
Speaker 3: Watch a Ranger game, three to five percent we'll watch a Maverick game, and thirty five to forty percent we'll watch a Cowboy game. It's insane. It's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, oh yeah, thanks spreaking. One more thing in here. Tony Hawk just skating up and Anna, wait, isn't he a Plano guy? What he go?
Speaker 3: Ahead?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: California, No, no, but he has ties to Plano. There is a big Plano skate community.
Speaker 5: He donated that, and that's in the eighties, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, but this is up and Anna, yesterday, I know a bunch of skater dudes that were always talking about Tony Hawk and Plano and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: And name another skater though professional skater. Uh friends, Yes, that's.
Speaker 3: True, that's true. The video game had to help in regard to immensely.
Speaker 4: All right. Coming up next, we'll get to these Jason Kid rumors.