Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on te Tam Chase, Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, and welcome in. It's Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Tuesday afternoon. Thanks you for being with us. You'r Los Angeles Dodgers seventy and forty nine on this season, first place atop the NL West. Dodgers winners of four in a row. After a great performance from Clayton Kershaw last night, well, they give the ball now to young Gavin Stone in search of his tenth win of the season. Game two of this four game set Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. First pitch coming up at five to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from Mookie Bets. In just a little bit. We're gonna check in with the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We got your Otani rewind David Vase goes one on one with Michael Kopek, Dodger reliever who has been sensational since coming over at the trade deadline from the White Sox in just a few minutes lead out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Rick Monday and Tim never Well. Last night in Milwaukee, it was vintage Kershaw on the mound and a dominant one two punch at the plate. Clayton Kershaw, at the age of thirty six years old, looked like Kershaw from ten years ago. Pinpoint fastball, devastating curveball, his slider with a lot of bite to it. He pitched into the sixth inning last night for the first time this year. He gave just one run on three hits while striking out six along the way, and that low run that he gave up was credited to him, but scored when Joe Kelly gave up a two run home run in the sixth inning. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, that was dynamic with the old one to two punch of Showy Otani and Mookie Betts. Mookie back after missing seven weeks with a broken hand last night, Otani and Betts provided all the offense and the third one on two outs. Mookie was one of those Mookie moments, swinging a drive deep blatt field. This ball aheaded back toward the wall.
Speaker 3: And it is gonna be on a home run Bets.
Speaker 4: Welcome back Bookie Bets with us eleventh home run and the Dodgers lead at two to nothing. Hold a shot by Mookie Bets and a great way to return to the Dodger lineup.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Mookie. Two run home run is eleventh of the season, his first since June sixth, A two run home run Dodgers a two to nothing lead. In the fifth. It was show Hey O'tani's turn. Kevin Kiermeyer leadoff single, then O'tani with a blast three zero.
Speaker 4: Swings hits, a high drive left center field deep, this ball heading back toward.
Speaker 3: The bultpen heads done, a two run home run, Show Hey o'tni and the show begins here in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Four nothing Dodgers. Otani with his thirty sixth home run.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for show Hey, Dodgers a four to nothing lead. Clayton Kershaw would go five to two third Indians Joe Kelly gave up that two run home run, though in the sixth and the seventh Dodgers of four to two. They get an insurance run with two outs. Showyotani walked, he stole second, then Mookie Betts delivered with the two out RBI single Dodgers of five to two. The bullpen took it the rest of the way. Alex Vesi has struck out the side in the seventh, Michael Kolpek put up a zero in the eighth, Daniel Hudson a one two three ninth. As the Dodgers go on and beat the Brewers last night, five to two. Clayton Kershaw with his first win of the season, number two hundred and eleven of his Hall of Fame career. Mookie Betts two for four, home run, three ribbies of stolen base Showeyotani goes one for three with the home run two ribbies in a stolen base Dodgers now twenty one games over five hundred on this season, they're seventy to forty nine, and tonight they look to make it five straight overall. Game two of this four game series against the Brewers. Gavin Stone on the mound, first pitch at five to ten, and let's head out right now to the gapin Motors Broadcast booth, as we welcome in Rick Monday. He and Tim Neffer, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tim. Game two between the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers coming up in just a bit. The Dodgers tied for the best record in Major League Baseball at seventy and forty nine. They're tied with Baltimore and Cleveland, but they do have the top record in the National League. As of today, They've won seven of their last nine, including the last four straight. I mean time, the Brewers top team in the National League Central Division, seven and a half games up on Saint Louis. They've lost back to back games, and they've lost eight of their last eleven to the Dodgers. Colin Ray gets the start tonight for Milwaukee. He's ten and three. Gavin Stone goes for the Dodgers. He is nine and five. And the news today involving a pitcher River Ryan. Granted he's only had a handful of starts at the major league level, but the word on River Ryan he needs Tommy John surgery, so he's going to be out for quite a while. And you know, when we looked at River Ryan, moll real promising young pitcher, and he looked very very good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just took some of the coaches in fact Sunday night where the Dodgers that flew into here in Milwaukee. Obviously a big, big concern and our best wishes for SBD recovery. One thing about it, the Dodgers' association with the physicians and doctor Neil Elatrasha. He's going to be in great hands. That is a big, big blow because, as you mentioned, remember Ryan was developing and understood he well beyond his number of years and experienced at the big league level. And I talked so many times about pitchers, good pitchers, observers of the hitters, the swings, if they're late, if they're early, on different pitches, and that's exactly the area that he was going into. That's a big blow, and especially the Dodger rotation, which has been banged up to say the least.
Speaker 4: And back to what's happening here in Milwaukee. Mookie Betts returns to the lineup last night, no rehab games, no big deal. He hits a home run in a second at bat, then gets another RBI late in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about the first of bet though that we see Mookie Benz that the count was three and two, took a swing that took him across home plate and fell down that's how big the swing was. Well, he didn't fold out at all in the two to one pitch in the third ending of the mat aboard the home run. Welcome back Mookie Benzi was not done RBI, single and a stolen base his final at bat in the ball game. The Dodgers turned over to the bullpen last night, and the bullpen did exactly what they needed to do. They just able to shut the door and take Game one of the series.
Speaker 4: Talking about the bullpen, how about the work we've seen of Michael Kopek since he's thrown on a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 5: It's amazing. Since he's come to the Dodgers twenty one batters that he has faced, he's struck out ten of the twenty one, he's walked only one. And by the way, those twenty one hitters have had just one base hit against him.
Speaker 4: And Alex Vessi very impressive last night face three men struck him all out.
Speaker 5: I think also that bullpen now is gaining confidence on exactly what their roles are. It's been shuffled here, been shuffled there, but they've been answering the over a question is that, Okay, who's going to be pitching in the seventh, the eighth, and even the ninth inning, and Dave Roberts is basically not only go over the hot hand, but matches up the reliever to the portion of the lineup that they would come in and face.
Speaker 4: In center field. Batting nights to night, Andy Pahz know Kevin Kiermyer in the lineup. So Dave Roberts opting for the right handed hitting Pahz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And for piz this is a big on field, you know, four hundred feet to straightaway center field. There's a lot of different angles in left center and right center. We've seen him have some difficulty recent times as far as maybe either reading the ball off the bat or the route that he takes to get the baseball. So this is a big ballpark and need to cover a lot of ground.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Brewers coming up from American Family Field in Milwaukee. Dodgers taking the opener last night five to two, looking to put another one in the win column here tonight and continue to extend a distance between themselves and the team chasing them. The two teams chasing him, both the Arizona and the Padres, who are tied at three and a half back.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor port of yours, Shaky's Pizza, the Chicken and the mojos. Oh all right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David Veas. We'll check in throughout the Shark Coast. He'll go one on one with Michael Kopek, Dodger reliever, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Gavin Stone looking for his tenth win of the season. But up next, you're o Tani Rewind and we'll hear from Mookie Vetts what a night he had last night and his return from the injured list out since June seventeenth, comes back into two run home run drives in three helps. The Dodgers picked their fourth win in a row. Leading up to Dodgers and Brewers first pitch on this Tuesday is coming up at five to ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio. Nowhere it is.
Speaker 1: Laurento Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodger Your Spaceball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Milwaukee to take on the Vers. Game two of this four game cent Kevin Stone in search of his tenth win of the year, first win since June twenty six. Colin Ray on the mound for Milwaukee. First pitch, coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani three wide, three to zero swings hits a high drive left center field deep.
Speaker 4: This ball heading back toward the bultpenhead has done.
Speaker 2: A two run home run.
Speaker 4: Show Hey o'tni and the show begins here in Milwaukee, four nothling Dodgers. Otani with his thirty sixth home run. I wonder if he might take off here too, Johnny with thirty two steals a career high. There he goes and lookie swings and misses. Throw down is not merely in time. That's the thirty third stolen base for show, Hey O.
Speaker 2: Johnny, Show Oyotani last night one for three with the home run is thirty six of the season. Drove in a pair with the two run shot on base twice, including a walk, and that walk led to his stolen base. Stolen base number thirty three for show, Heyotani hitting two ninety eight on this season, thirty six home runs, thirty three stolen bases, already a thirty thirty player on his way to forty forty. The Otani Rewind brought to you by Eto nzoyo Ja, Japan's number one green tea. Yep, it's the tea that Showeyotani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com. That's it O E n dot Com. Showey Otani got it done last night. Clayton Kershaw pitched it to the sixth inning, six strikeouts. He gets the win, but also the return of Mookie Betts in right field, batting second last night for the first time since June seventeenth, when he broke his hand. He goes two for four, two run home run, drives in a run in the seventh thinning, three RBIs, and caught up with David Veasse afterwards.
Speaker 6: Hey, I told you this was the season of Mookie Bets. He picked up where he left off. How did it feel to be back out there?
Speaker 2: I felt great. It felt great.
Speaker 7: You know, I missed my family at home, but I'm glad I'm not here helping dogen enation.
Speaker 6: You were with your baseball family. How much fun did you have being back out there with them and helping them get a win.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: It's just good to come to work.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: These guys welcome me with open arms obviously, and it's just it's just fun to play baseball.
Speaker 6: I saw Freddie saying something to you on the way in one time. I saw Lux trying to throw you back the ball there in the ninth inning. Were they still having some infield fun with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 7: I love it, but they're just really just kind of welcome, welcome, well it welcoming me back. Sorry as a mouthful all but but yeah, I mean it's just these boys are I love them and I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad to be here.
Speaker 6: How did it feel when you drove in your third run show Hay Steeles that whole any kind of turned sideways against Hudson and you guys were able to take advantage. Did that feel like something we're going to see more where he's able to get into scoring position for you?
Speaker 2: Well, he's definitely gonna be in Orman position.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I just got to do my part. But you know, it felt.
Speaker 7: Good knowing that I can help put a put a point across there.
Speaker 2: And you know I got plenty of uh.
Speaker 7: I got a front row seat to watch Tao to do what he did, did it in the two holes.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying to do the same thing he does.
Speaker 6: Hey, it felt right, didn't it, Driving in a run, getting a win and Kershaw doing this thing.
Speaker 7: Yes, Sarah, that's that's Dodger baseball right there. Today was definitely Dodger baseball.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's Dodger baseball. When Mookie Betts is here. Thanks a lot for stopping. Congratulations you sir. There he is the man felt like he never left.
Speaker 2: Good to have him back in the lineup. A great one two punch with Otani and Betts brought to you my Cars for Kids. Dodgers Baseball is the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Do it at today in your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the K still to coming here on Dodgers on Deck. As we leaped out the first pitch, we'll dive deeper into the numbers in this pitchy matchup. Gavin Stone on the mound for the Dodgers, David Vasagos one on one with Michael Kopek, Dodger reliever. Only throws one hundred miles an hour last night coming out of the bullpen. But up next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. First pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Kakes's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Maroango Casino Dodgers on deck continues Marongo Casino Resort and spy a grand Slam before good time. So we'll hear from Michael Kopek, Dodger reliever coming up in about twenty five minutes. So it leads you up to Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. First pitch at five to ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers injury report, present of my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: River Ryan on the injured list. Gonna have Tommy John surgery. It was announced earlier today. We won't see him unfortunately until Tron twenty twenty six. Bruce dark craterall on the IEL at the cap strain, Chris Taylor on the IOLT the left groin strain, Yoshinobo Yamamoto on the l I L with the strained rotator cuff. But the good news is he threw a bullpen session. He's going to join the Dodgers in Saint Louis over the weekend and throw it to hitters. He is progressing and looking like he'll join this Dodgers team the first of September. Walker Buehler, Well, he's going to come off the guy yel tomorrow and get the start in Milwaukee. Max Munsey, Ryan Brazier both getting close as well as Tommy edmund to returning. All right, let's head back out to Milwaukee and check out the Dodgers skipper Dave.
Speaker 6: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 6: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave, you have Gavin Stone on the man. The second half hasn't gone as smooth as the first half did. What do you attribute that to? Just usual rookie lumps that you take. Where's he at?
Speaker 8: I think command. I think it boils down to command. I think that physically he's in a good spot.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Mentally, I don't know where he's at. But it's a big undertaking his first full major league season and to sustained success and having hitters start to understand what you're trying to do. So that's a it's a tall order and it's a challenge, and he's doing a great job. So I think for me is he's got to command the baseball with the fastball, with the change up, mixing his sliders, cutter to the lefty, and change speeds, and he'll be fine. If he falls behind, then it starts to, you know, be a little bit tougher.
Speaker 6: You always talk about the chess game, the cat and mouse game. From the hitter's perspective, is it now at the point of time, not just the season but later in games for him to make those adjustments.
Speaker 8: It is the time because now there's enough of a sample where teams can figure out tendencies, patterns, things that he's comfortable doing. And so he's got to be able to kind of read and react. And that's what you know, Will's got to do as well. Right, So the pitch mix is there, the stuff's there, but you got it. It just poilus down, dexhuson. And this is going to be an aggressive swinging team. And I know I've said that a lot, but again, these guys, if they see it over the plate, they're gonna swing. So hopefully he can work ahead.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout with his pregame thoughts, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave robertson tighten in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement that plan. Learn more at servicetitan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back in with David Vatts. Say just heard him talking to Dave Roberts. We'll talk with dv one on one when we come back. Lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your whole for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long, Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Game two of this four game set. Dodgers won the series opener last night five to two. Gavin Stone on the mound tonight, looking for his tenth win of this season. First pitch coming up at five to ten. Umpiring crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years while providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassee.
Speaker 2: And Dave joins Is now from Milwaukee. Before Game two of this four game said sorry DV last night the one two combo everybody's talking.
Speaker 6: About Yeah, Mookie Bets and show Hey Otani or should I say Tim, show Hey Otani and Mookie Betts. The first game of the season where Otani was the leadoff hitter and Mookie Betts was hitting in front of Freddie Freeman, and it worked out to design as Otani was able to get on bass in the middle of the game and also steal a bass Mooki drove him in against former Dodger left hander Brian Hudson and Mooki hitting a two run home run with Otani on bass, so it was it was I guess a successful first opening act with those two. And Mooki told me after the game yesterday that he's been watching Taoscar Hernandez hit second behind Otani and he's hoping he can do as good of a job as Taoscar. So that's Mooki being a humble guy. Sometimes teammates have told me he forgets how good he is and needs to be reminded of that. But it seems like he's warming up to this idea of Otani leading off and him hitting second, especially when you have results like you had last night.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choice is fine yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough This march can only be called f one fifty. Last night Clayton Kershaw got into the sixth inning, gave him a great outing. David Tonight Gavin Stone on the mound and feels like Gavin Stone's been kind of in neutral for the last six weeks. Hasn't got a win since the end of June.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his era is over seven since his complete game shutout against the White Sox, and the issue has been giving up a lot of home runs. He's given up a home run in each of his last six starts. He's got to change that trend, and teams are starting to hunt that first pitch fastball. We started to see him in his last start kind of play the chess game with the hitters and not give him that pitch on the first one they see. And also talking to one of the Dodgers pitching coaches and a longtime pitcher himself, Charlie Huff, he said he loves these young kids, but the best experience they can get is being out here in a major league game, because in the minor leagues a lot of times they don't let the pitchers go too deep in the game, and if they do, they're not seeing hitters like they're seeing in the big leagues. So I said, the best teaching is for them to get this experience to get into the fifth or sixth inning. They've got to change their sequencing. They've got to be able to play that chess game against these hitters. And it feels like Gavin Stone, a rookie, is learning how to do that and that's just some of the lumps you take as a rookie. The only issue is, and Charlie even mentioned this, the Dodgers are expected to win every night. There's not a lot of wiggle room to try to give them that teaching lesson in this classroom. On this team. They're not on the Pirates, they're not on the Brewers, They're on the Dodgers, and they're expected to win every night.
Speaker 2: Just to follow that up, David. For Gavin Stone, the next couple starts going into September and possibly the postseason are big for him, maybe auditioning for one of those two three opener spots.
Speaker 6: Right, and also with Walker Bueller coming back tomorrow, Tim, look, the roster is starting to get full. Yoshiyamamoto, who's going to join the team in Saint Louis to throw a similar game, He's on his way back the first week of September. So all of a sudden, now Gavin Stone's got to earn his spot in the rotation, and he's pitching more innings than he ever has before. You've got to take all of that into account. I know how great he was in the first half of the season, but rookies don't usually have a linear path to the finish line of their first full major league season.
Speaker 2: As good as Gavin Stone was in the first half of the season, Gavin Lux has been really good in the second half of the season, David.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and a big reason why is here at the game again for the second straight night. That's his uncle, Augi Schmidt. Augi Schmidt, if you don't know, has a pretty decorated baseball resume. He was the number two overall pick in the nineteen eighty two amateur draft, and obviously his major league career did not come to fruition with some injuries. But he's Gavin Lux's number one hitting coach. And during the All Star break, Gavin told me while they were at a family function, a family party out here in Wisconsin, uncle Aggi Schmidt took him into the backyard and the batting cage and they went through some minor tweaks that have made a huge difference for Lux, who is coming into the game tonight hitting close to three eighty since the second half of the season began. So Augi Schmid a big reason why.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, we'll check back in with you just a little bit. Dodgers fans and hands. You're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan, serving all Angeline knows Lacare dot org. David will join us in just a little bit. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup as well. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Brewers from Milwaukee. First pitch at five ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 10: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Brewers, Gavin Stone, Colin Ray. The pitching matchup. Dodgers twenty one games over five hundred, best record in Major League Baseball. They got a four game winning strength. They have won seven other last nine. First pitch of Milwaukee's coming up at five ten.
Speaker 6: All with a hot Dog who wants to go.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magic presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to Game four, the twenty eighteen NLCS Dodgers taking on the Brewers in Milwaukee. Dodgers down two to one in this best of seven series. They went to extra innings when Cody Bellinger walked it off Gara on three and two to Bellinger.
Speaker 10: Here's the pitch, ground ball, pace hitting the right field, but Tonto's on his way home.
Speaker 2: Go to the plate on that Doctors will.
Speaker 10: They win it to to one and this series is all even at two games. A peat Bellinger with the walkoff smashed to right.
Speaker 2: Machado scored head first slide. The Dodgers win in thirteen.
Speaker 10: And now the NLCS is the best two out of three.
Speaker 2: Hey walkoff win at home at Dodgers Stadium in Game four, the twenty eight team NLCS Cody Bellinger delivers. The Dodgers would go on and win in seven games. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey Hot Talks it so cal treasures for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious offfee Hot Talks. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday. We're leading up to first pitch on this Tuesday afternoon, Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere is Morono Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers. Game two of this four game sent for Milwaukee Dodgers' best record in baseball. Kevin Stone on the mound looking for his tenth win of the year versus pitch coming up at five ten. Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you, tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so I'll enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Not a bad start to the Dodgers new look lineup yesterday, Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: No, not bad at all. And for the Dodgers it's going to be a little different lineup tonight as well. Hondy Patas will be in center field patrolling that area. But for the Dodgers, welcome back. To Mookie Betts. Indeed, for Bets knocked in three at a two run home run in the third inning that gave the Dodgers a two to nothing lead at the time, and then for good measure, not only an RBI signal in the summit, but also a stolen base, a new position, if you will, in the lineup, Mookie Betts batting second. And it just makes sense if you're looking at Bets playing in right field, because it allows Miguel Rojans, who's one of the premier glove men at shortstops in Major League Baseball, and hitting right around two seven is the tered last night's ball game. It just adds another dimension to this Dodger Bunklin Rick.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers have three professional scouts on this trip, including Dave Finley, who oversees them all. They were not talking about the three RBIs, the stolen base, the home run. They were talking about the play Mookie Betts made in right field to hold Jackson Curio to a long.
Speaker 5: Single exactly, and we made the comment of the ball off the wall came back, fortunately, came right back to Mookie Betts. He was able to bare hand the ball and then threw one hop strike into second base. It helps the the ball come right back to you. But I'm in total agreement. There's another dimension that Mooki Betts adds regardless of the position that he happens to play, And I think from a mentality standpoint, what a huge addition now to this Dodger buck club has been playing a few men short. There's still a couple of guys that they're getting closer and closer to being able to come off the injury list. But in the meantime, not a bad edition at all with Bets, not at all.
Speaker 6: And speaking of some of those players, Max Munsey's at Oklahoma City, Kei k a Hernandez has been holding down third base, and all of a sudden, after an eye test Rick Monday, he has, all of a sudden started to seeing breaking balls a lot better.
Speaker 5: I have always said that I would be interested to know than on if you go a one on one basis, what's the eyesight of major league hitters, in particular, because you're having to pick up the baseball that's going close to one hundred miles an hour at most, it's going less than sixty feet six inches by the time the picture released, the ball and you have a nano second. And I keep saying, hold your car keys out about buckle high and drop them onto the floor. That's the amount of time that a hitter has to discern if it's a strike, if it's a ball, if it's a fast ball, to curveball, a changeup, and then swing at bat. That referred to announces but weighs two plus pounds. You put all that into making but what's the eyesight of a major league player? And for Kick Hernetez, he went to a doctor I'm very familiar with, and it's doctor Alex Lou who is out at Hacienda Heights. I have been to the good doctor. He runs a really good test and they discovered that for Kick Hernantez maybe needs a little different prescription and it's worked.
Speaker 6: And yeah, no doubt. And I know you've talked about that in the past, but the eye test they give these players in spring training did not pick up the adjustment that Keik needed for his eyes. He needed to go to your guy, doctor Lou. After talking to Martine Maldonado of the Astros.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it's just a specialty that has I mean, we go to different doctors and different positions that have different skills, very similar players. Some guys are first basement, some guys play second base, some guys play the onfield. It worked out because I've always said, you know, here's another thing. From an eyesight standpoint, what's the depth perception. I happen to believe that depth perception of hitters is probably if you're going from a one to ten scale, has got to be really very close to a ten to be able to take it all in from an offensive and defensive standpoint.
Speaker 6: Well, I have twenty twenty vision. When you wave me out of the booth, Rick, I see that very clearly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Do you see that exit sign behind you? Can you read it?
Speaker 6: It's a little blurry today, Rick, Well, you need to get closer. We'll set it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thanks guys, good thing you can read that sign out there, DV. That's always nice. Doctors Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash Dot Commerce. Stop it at LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Leading you up to first pitch on this Tuesday, still to come here on Dodgers on Deck we'll get you a previous pitching matchup Rick, we'll be back with Tim Neffert right before first pitch. It gets to those keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with one of the newer Dodgers reliever, Michael Kopek. Yeah, that's next lead you get to Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowork, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for LA. Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee, Game two of this four game set. Dodgers seventy and forty nine on the season, winners of four in a row, seven of their last nine. Gavin Stone on the mountain looking for his tenth win of the season. Dodgers Baseball is present to my Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. They're the best, rank number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h L.
Speaker 1: Hey and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 6: We're joined right now by one of the newest members of the Dodger bullpen, Michael Kopeck. Michael, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: It was great to introduce myself to you on the bus yesterday. It feels like I got some streat credit with you after you recognized the slide gate.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I didn't realize it was you until I asked the question, and then you made it seem like I had kind of attacked you there, So I'm sorry about that. But yeah, I want to see around two at it.
Speaker 6: I would need Michael Kopek and some other Dodgers to support me at the bottom of the slide if I went down.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like I said, I'd support you. I'd help brace your fall in somewhere or another.
Speaker 6: Hey, last night, another great outing with the Dodgers. How have you been able to make the transition so seamless or appear to make it so seamless?
Speaker 9: You know what, I think, It's just a for me, a matter of a couple of things. A change of scenery has been important for me because the start of my career didn't exactly go the way I would have liked for it to have gone, but also coming to a team that is disinvested in winning, that has so many moving pieces that you don't have to have, you know, one guy go out there and be a hero anything like that. Necessarily, you just have to come in and step into your job. And even if you don't that day, you know that there's gonna be guys to pick you up. And so it's it's almost, you know, just playing stress free because there's MVP after m v P on this team, there's All Star after All Star on this team. There's some of the best pictures in all of baseball in this team, if not the best pitcher or in all the baseball. So you don't you necessarily worry about dropping the ball and you know, messing up a game or what have you, because you know that everything is kind of being picked up after you if if something slips that day.
Speaker 6: And the Dodgers do define roles, but they don't define it by innings. They do it by groupings of hitters. Like last night, the highest leverage situation was in the eighth inning when you came in. Does that happen with other teams? Whereas that unique.
Speaker 9: I'm in my experience.
Speaker 6: It's unique.
Speaker 9: I like how it plays out, though, because I think amongst the guys in the bullpen, each and every one of us realized that we could close out a game on any given night, but we could also be in in, you know, in the fifth if the situation called for it or what have you. And I don't think any of us doubts one situation versus another for any guy down there. So it's been pretty it's been pretty unique. It's been pretty cool, though. I like pitching when the game calls for me to pitch, whether that be the you know, the first through the ninth that I don't care.
Speaker 6: Have you embraced being a super reliever? I mean that's what we call a lot of these guys. Have you fully embraced it? And is that part of the reason why you're excelling?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know if I like any kind of label on what I do other than pitcher. You know, I've been in almost every position you can imagine as a pitcher in the big leagues. Have been a starter, middle relief, a bolt guy, long guy, leverage guy, closer at times. But I think for me, it's just going out there and pitching and matching the necessity of the game. So right now every game seems like leverage because we're a winning team fighting for you know, you know, a really good position in the playoffs. So it's it's really easy to go out there and compete.
Speaker 6: Speaking of labels, you would expect from a relief pitcher or pitcher that throws as hard as you do, we would be blown away with your hair on fire, a very outgoing person. But that's not who Michael Kopek is.
Speaker 9: No, you know, I think that just came with growing up. But at one point I probably was more after the the energy and the personality or what have you. But you know, I I've kind of adapted to the game and I found my my calm and my piece in this game. And you know, especially since having kids, I feel like that I I operate on a on that level much easier than you know, getting too ramped up and riding the wave or the roller coaster, how emotions go. So I tried my best to say, even keel, not to say that I'm perfect at it, but I, uh, yeah, I don't like getting too high.
Speaker 6: All right. So I saw you out here earlier doing your pre work, preparation what music are you listening to? A CDC back in Black? Are you more yacht rock? Where does Michael Kopek fit?
Speaker 9: To be honest, I wasn't listening to music. I was kind of just, you know, fighting the demons in my head.
Speaker 6: We all are, yeah, right for the most.
Speaker 9: Part, though, I kind of mix it up. I like country music, I like Christian rap or you know, Christian music in general. It branches pretty pretty far and wide, and I like a lot of classic rock as well. But I'm not pending on one genre necessarily.
Speaker 6: All right, Michael, thanks a lot for sharing more of who you are, introducing yourself more to Los Angeles. We all appreciate what you do on the mound, and maybe I'll see you at the bottom of the slide tomorrow. Kopek sounds good.
Speaker 9: I see there.
Speaker 6: He is, great guy, Michael Kopek. We'll send it back to you in the studio, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks a lot. DV Yeah, Michael Kopek sounds like one of the good guys. Dodger fans getting to know him just a little bit better. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner The Dodgers Audio Broadcast. Well, it's game night, it's group night, it's shaky dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Brewers come back. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Gavin Stone on the Mount. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers in Milwaukee, as the continue this four game set with the Brewers. Dodgers winners last night five to two in the series opener, winners of four in a row, seven of their last nine, as the Dodgers had the best overall record in the National League ted overall in baseball. First pitch of Milwaukee's coming up at five to ten, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchupent about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four to Coomas year Toyota Dealer Today, they make it easy. Colin Ray on the Mount ten and three with the three thirty eight era thirty four year old right hand in his seventh season the big League. Spent a couple of years over in Japan. Now in his second full season with Milwaukee, making his twenty to start this year. Twenty first appearance, has seven quality starts, eight and three as a starter, two to zero as a reliever. Last time out, seven shutout innings, five hits, nine strikeouts in a win over the Braves. He's one to ozh a five thirty two EERRA in six games, three starts against the Dodgers. Last time he started was twenty sixteen as a member of the Padres. Gavin Stone on the mound for the Dodgers, nine to five with a three seventy one ERRA. Twenty five year old right hender making his twenty second start of the season. He's been sitting on nine wins since the end of June. In fact, June twenty sixth, the last time he got a victory. Last time out, four and two third innings, three run, six hits, two strikeouts and a no decision against the Phillies. Dodgers Brewers Gavin Stone Colin Rad the fifteen matchup. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game our next I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of LA Dodgers, Baseballs.
Speaker 2: And Brewers on this Tuesday night. Dodgers going to action. Seventy and forty nine, best record in baseball, winners of four in a row, seven of the last nine, and three and a half games up on both the Diamondbacks and Padres who are in action tonight. Dodgers fans and Hancher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio off and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. All right, let's head back out to Milwaukee Rick Monday, Tim never guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again. The pitching matchup tonight. Gavin Stone Colin ray Stone winless in his last six starts since the beginning of July, so he is due to get back in the win call.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: And if we think about Gavin Stone earlier on in the season, you know he may have been in that conversation still is as far as that goes. Nashley Rookie of the Year possibility started nine and two ERA under two point eight, but since that time, as you mentioned, the last six starts no victories, he's zero and three with an ear close to seven. And he's also had difficulty, more so in the last six starts keeping the bowl in the ballpark than he did over first number of starts.
Speaker 4: Colin Ray, thirty four years of age, having a resurgence late in his career. He's allowed two or fewer runs in eleven of his last thirteen sears.
Speaker 5: And the Brewers have responded with him on the mound. They're fourteen and five this year. Colin Ray, He's gonna throw about six different type pitches, and he's one of those guys he knows how to pitch. He throws strengths. Pat Murphy, the manager of the the Brewers, saying, look, it's really a pleasure to watch him work each and every night.
Speaker 4: Dodgers a season high twenty one games over five hundred, National League's best record, tied for the best in the majors at seventy and forty nine. The Brewers sixty seven and fifty one timp all right.
Speaker 2: Dodgers going to action tonight looking to get a win and maybe pick up some ground in the division with the Arizona and San Diego both in action later on tonight. Don't be forget. I'll be back after the game with all the postgame festivities, highlights, postgame reaction, and of course Dodgers talk as well. Enjoy this one, Dodgers and brewers from Milwaukee. I'm Tim Kates has been Roco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.