Speaker 1: The Dodgers made it back from Tokyo, returned home to Dodgers Stadium, and are just two days away from embarking on their first road trip in North America. The man that puts it all together is the director of travel for the Dodgers, Scott Akasaki. Scott, thanks a lot for the time, and what a whirlwind of a time it's been.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been absolutely awesome, Dave. Going back to last year, what a great year obviously October. You can't ever duplicate that. Maybe we can. I don't know, but you know, it's been It's been a lot of fun, certainly to go back to Japan, come back to La have these great couple of days here to start the season. So looking forward to what this year has for us.
Speaker 1: You have Japanese blood in that Akasaki name. What was it like for you to go back to Tokyo with Shohyotani and the Dodgers, Dave.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you asking that question, and I don't want to get too deep here, but there was a time when in our nation's history when Japanese Americans weren't really viewed in the same level, especially during World War Two. So my parents My grandparents were involved in that, my aunts and uncles, so certainly that's never been lost upon me and my family's history. So to be able to go back to Japan and with the Dodgers and having the collection of stars that we have Japanese and otherwise was absolutely amazing. And to go from like the World War two experience to the modern day has been for me personally tremendously moving.
Speaker 1: How did you get a group of two hundred people traveling players, coaches, front office from Arizona to Tokyo, get them seamlessly as acclimated, and then also find a way to get them back after a game was played in Tokyo, Japan. Take us through what an undertaking that was?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think Dave a lot of the folks who went to Tokyo went to Seoul last year, so they knew the schedule, how to adjust to sleep, what they were going to feel like, the visa process, sort of the different nature of everything, the food, the gaps in time. So I think having the Soul experience was really great as an orientation for the Tokyo experience. So I think everyone who went to Soeoul was very well prepared for Tokyo, and they knew exactly what they wanted to do. And I hope everybody who went on the trip maximized their time and had a great experience over there.
Speaker 1: But for Scott Akasaki, who's organizing this trip to get the world champion Dodgers to Tokyo seamlessly through customs and a foreign airport, there is the variable of the unknown for you. How did you make it so smooth for everybody?
Speaker 2: Well, Dave, you asked that question, and you're giving me a lot of credit, but I certainly can't take that credit. Certainly, the folks at Major League Baseball who organize the trip for the Dodgers and Cubs, played a huge role. The team that we have here, al garciaan Security, Alex Torres the equipment side, and Markazai and Baseball operations really were instrumental in getting this trip off the ground. Patricia Romero and family programs, everybody was all synced up. Of course, our front office is aligned, so Andrew Brandon, their leadership. Of course, the coaching staff, everybody is. When we needed information to get all the stuff we needed to get like, it came very quickly because everyone wanted to have a great time in Japan.
Speaker 1: You've been part of the Dodger organization for over twenty years now, You've seen a lot. What's it like in twenty twenty five for you to be where you're at right now and not just being with a baseball team, but basically being with a rock band going around the country and the world. Was sho Heo Tani?
Speaker 2: You know, Dave, not only it's at the time with the Dodgers, but you know, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, so to see the city and how energized the city is and how energy, how people are excited about the Dodgers is absolutely fantastic. And so yes, sho Heo Tani, the best player on the planet. To be able to travel the United States and internationally with him is certainly amazing. But what a great group of guys, you know, show Hey, everybody is absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott, thanks a lot for the time. Congratulations on being able to get the Dodgers to and from Tokyo, Japan with a lot of help, and congratulations on being the Dodgers director of travel for a second World Series championship.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 1: There he goes. Dodgers Director of Travel Scott Akasaki has been our guest, and we want to remind you about our friends at Canaan, the world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. With frames that are handcrafted in Italy, Canaan Sunglasses elevate your experiences outside with a degree of clarity beyond your wildest imagination. Visit canaan dot com for your pair, tim we'll send it back to you