Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go on.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I love screaming with you guys and arguing this is my life is wonderful.
Speaker 4: Now, lady Bill's day it is when that happens.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle and you.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Here it is a Monday morning, September sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's better. Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, how long was I into it before I first made my first mistake this morning? Uh?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Fifteen twenty seconds? Excellent, it's a good start, all right. Good morning, Uh Neil, it's a strange look you're giving me.
Speaker 2: That's sort of weird. Look.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm always amazed you can fumble the ball so so early in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, so am I so am? I Tom about football?
Speaker 3: The game yesterday between Cincinnati and Kansas City one of the best games out there. I mean, last two seconds it was fantastic with a.
Speaker 2: What a fifty one yard field goal?
Speaker 3: Really impressive anyway, See I know what I'm talking about with football.
Speaker 2: Don't I? No, I don't. All right, anyway, Good morning, Neil.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Willie Wolf and good.
Speaker 2: Morning Kno, yeah, exactly, all right, and good morning Amy, Good morning and morning Amy.
Speaker 3: You got to move the camera a little bit so I can see you plays because I have to see your lovely face. No, you showed me your lovely monitor. Okay, won't even go to see which one is better?
Speaker 2: Oh right? Or more attractive? Is that HR? Oh?
Speaker 3: If I compare you you to a computer monitor and I think the computer monitor is more attractive, is that an HR violation? Is that considered a hostile work statement?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Let's give it a shot.
Speaker 2: I just did all right, Okay, you know what.
Speaker 6: This is a new segment.
Speaker 5: Instead of do they have a case, it'll be do they have a case against Bill Handle?
Speaker 6: And it will be all HR problems?
Speaker 4: Yeah, which with new cases every day.
Speaker 3: Every day, every single day a line of people.
Speaker 2: It does not. And that's true.
Speaker 3: By the way, I've had accusations and the way, you know, what's fascinating is the ones that I should have been nailed on, because I've made more than my share of let's say errors in the world of HR violations.
Speaker 2: The ones where I should have been nailed on I never was.
Speaker 3: And the ones that were ludicrous on their face, in which the HR people just shut it down immediate lee and I'm not going to go through them, said, this is insanity. It's kind of weird, it really is. Okay, I don't even have a file. I've been here thirty years.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I've.
Speaker 3: A file the size of a phone book. It's I think they just don't even bother anymore. They just they just keep onloading up the paper. You know how they have those blinders, you know school binders, those three ring blinders.
Speaker 2: They're on their fifth one. Okay.
Speaker 5: They have a special special vault at Iron Mountain where they keep just your HR stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, guys, Yeah, I've gotten in a little bit of trouble a couple of times.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it. We've got plenty of news to say the least.
Speaker 3: It is time for a handle on the news with Amy Neil and Me leave Storry. Another assassination attempt against Donald Trump. It has gotten so crazy out there. We don't know the motive yet. We know the first one with Crook, there wasn't a particularly anti Trump motive.
Speaker 2: He just didn't care.
Speaker 3: He just wanted to shoot somebody because he had on the list, both Kamala Harris and Donald Trump and a bunch of other people, and it was simply, okay, who's up first, who can I get to? And that happened to be Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania. This one, we don't know, We don't know what we do know, and we'll talk about it a little bit later. More specifically, it was on the golf course former President Trump was golfing.
Speaker 2: The guy was I.
Speaker 3: Think two hundred and fifty yards away, sticking in AR fifteen is what they said, out from the bushes against the chain link fence and through the fence, and a Secret Service agent saw him and started shooting.
Speaker 2: Didn't hit him, scare him, also.
Speaker 3: Scare him off, jumps into his Nissan and drives off, and a witness took a snap, took a photo of the Nissan, the license plate, so they knew, they knew.
Speaker 5: And this was not on any schedule, right, This was just spur the mon He was just playing golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was just playing golf. That was it. So I'd love to see the motive of this one.
Speaker 7: I'd love to see how the guy got to him if it wasn't on his schedule.
Speaker 4: How did he know the Trump was going to be golfing less?
Speaker 6: He was just waiting their nose.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't know at this point.
Speaker 3: They're not releasing any information other than the name and the age of this guy and the facts that I just told you it is, so we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yet, But I'll tell you what we do know.
Speaker 3: If it's possible, this selection cycle has gotten crazier that we know.
Speaker 6: I hope we make it to November.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: A lot of homes have been lost, more than one hundred destroyed by the fire that's burning an Orange and river Side counties. Most of them are in the Lake Elsinor area. Fourteen people have been hurt in the fire, including twelve firefighters to civilians. The firefighters. The good news is are starting to make some good progress. I'm getting lines around it. As of yesterday morning, they had it nineteen percent surround it. It's burned about twenty three thousan five hundred acres, which is the same as it was before the weekend, So it doesn't appear to be growing.
Speaker 2: It's not moving, which is great news.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: We conflate containment and the movement of a fire, and they don't there and they.
Speaker 2: Can be mutually exclusive.
Speaker 3: Really, you could have less containment or very little containment because up in it's up in the mountains and you can't get to it. They have the cruise, you know, dig the fire breaks around it and it doesn't move like in this case.
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry about that, Neil, go ahead, No, no, not at all. It's your show. Whatever you say, sir.
Speaker 5: A short but tense distribution dispute between Disney and Direct TV.
Speaker 6: We all know about this.
Speaker 5: It affected a lot of people wanting to watch them sports games.
Speaker 2: Came to an end.
Speaker 5: On Saturday, the two sides finally agreed to a new deal. It will restore Disney owned channels. You're talking about ESPN, ABC FX to the satellite TV provider. And it sounds like listening to Amy King this morning on wake Up Call, that it might just mean an uptick in cost for depending on what you know, package you end up getting.
Speaker 7: I got my notification my bundle, the Hulu Disney ESPN bundle is up to twenty one to ninety nine.
Speaker 4: And that's with ads Wow.
Speaker 2: With Adstan. That just drives me crazy.
Speaker 3: By the way, I was reading the fact that they had gotten together and cut a deal, and I'm saying, wow, thank goodness, and then I realized I don't have direct TV, so I went right into I don't care.
Speaker 2: But the question here empathy, Well, yeah, of course, heart of goal.
Speaker 3: The question is why you spend that much money for ads? And the whole purpose of streaming was no ads. That was the basis of the platform. And now you're paying money to hear ads. I mean, I mean, come on, guys.
Speaker 4: But that's how cables started.
Speaker 2: Remember, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's what I was just gonna say. Amy is that it?
Speaker 4: I love it When I'm thinking along the same line.
Speaker 5: The whole purpose of cable was listen, you don't have to sit through all those ads.
Speaker 6: You pay for it once and you're good to go.
Speaker 5: And we're going it's bifurk well more than bifer kidding at this point. But you've got them all splitting off, all buying content that you can't get anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Here's a little bit of history, a history factoid.
Speaker 3: When cable first came out HBO, there was something called the Z channel in oh yeah, Southern California's and the Z channel was.
Speaker 2: Movies, but they were first.
Speaker 3: Run movies that had been nominated for Academy Awards.
Speaker 2: Hold on to sneeze, look at a light. Yeah, okay, wow, I got my microphone off.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it was first run movies that had been nominated for Academy Awards, and the premise was that people who were voting, the vast majority of voters, were living Hollywood and they could see the movies without having to go into a theater. You know, they had special screenings. You didn't do any of it, you watched it on TV. And that was I mean, we're talking about movies that had just been released, Academy Award.
Speaker 2: Movies, and that went the way of the Dodo Bird. Okay.
Speaker 3: Interesting, by the way, phrase the Dodo bird, because there's a lot of history of that.
Speaker 2: Jd.
Speaker 7: Vance, who's running for vice president on the Trump ticket, said he doesn't regret spreading rumors that Haitian immigrants are stealing and eating pets in Springfield, Ohio. He said, if I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, That's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, two things, okay.
Speaker 3: I have asked and to produce some recipes for Dogs.
Speaker 4: And Cats podcast about it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put it up on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I mean that I'm going to do on the Bill Handle Show at Bill Handle Show. But it is we've reached the point now that how far is this going to go? Are Democratic aliens coming down and eating your children?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's it is insanity where we have.
Speaker 2: Gone in this election cycle.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've just if you had said this was going to happen ten years ago, you would have been put away in the guys in the white coats would have dried you away.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is just crazy.
Speaker 4: There are two things about this one.
Speaker 7: There was a nine to one one call about somebody stealing and making off with geese.
Speaker 2: Yes, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that was the only one, but that one was.
Speaker 2: Okay a question.
Speaker 7: Springfield, Ohio, which is a town of like fifty eight thousand people, has grown by fifteen thousand in the last couple of years and their town is just in turmoil because of it.
Speaker 3: Not arguing that at all now translate into either the legitimacy or the logic of I'm complaining about the number of Haitian immigrants that have come in legal by the way, not nearly, Yes, legally, and then the word is illegal.
Speaker 2: Now you may or may not.
Speaker 3: Agree with the issue of asylum, which they all got. That's a legitimate argument, by the way, you should you give it, should you not? But they are legal, so the first argument that they're not legal is simply untrue.
Speaker 2: On one phone call.
Speaker 3: They talked to the lady who created that, who has recanted and said I heard it from a third party, and I called, I'm so sorry about.
Speaker 2: Starting that rumor. Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh So with that, if I call in and I say a Martian has just chewed off my leg, does that go forward as a legitimate.
Speaker 2: I'll call nine to one one and it gets bill.
Speaker 3: I I just saw Martians.
Speaker 2: I just saw Martians sitting down.
Speaker 3: With Kamala Harris to figure out how she's going to win the election.
Speaker 2: And there they were a bunch of Martians.
Speaker 3: Yep, I can defend that then, and I mean, it's just gotten crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just I will.
Speaker 5: Tell you that if I were in government, I would make it illegal to say it's raining cats and dogs because I do not want people coming over the border trying a good points.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we are putting up u next story though, that tells you what's going on because of it. Okay, that's good point, Hold on, but I want we're going to put up we are going to put up recipes for hats and dogs.
Speaker 2: It'll be on Instagram. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: So what ad is saying is spot on, because the problem here is now that these words become actions in a different way. You've got bomb threats. You've got shooting threats popping up on campuses and in buildings in Springfield, Ohio.
Speaker 6: So these words.
Speaker 5: That are going on in debates or going on in social media are now making their way. You've got bomb threats made this Saturday targeting three medical facilities, unspecified fourth facility. They're in Wittenberg University, small private liberal arts college in Springfield. And these are popping up everywhere now because we've made it a thing, and quite honestly, it means nothing to the average American. I mean, if someone if someone buys some culture, came over here and didn't understand how things work, or if it did take place, it's still not a national problem. It's a local, local issue.
Speaker 3: No, we can know it's not. It is a national problem. Because what immigration is.
Speaker 5: No majority here's immigrants aren't coming over oat cats and.
Speaker 2: I understand, well that's just ludicrous.
Speaker 3: But here is the issue making those accusations in Springfield and talking how Springfield is suffering because residents pets are being eaten and uh, the anti Haitian and Haitians were blamed specifically, and the anti Haitian rhetoric is so high, and then the threats start coming in against the Haitian community and JD. Van says there is no connection, none whatsoever. Well, thank you, but I'm just saying it's that mayor is in an uproar.
Speaker 2: The city officials.
Speaker 3: Are going out of their minds uh, saying that how you know we're in trouble. This kind of rhetoric is putting us in danger. And Jdvans is saying absolutely not. Don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't know it.
Speaker 3: This is saying there are no threats. I don't know and maybe the city attorneys lying. Maybe dogging cats, yes, threats, no no idea.
Speaker 5: Okay, But one is what is a rumor about dogs and cats? And the other is people threatening to harm other people because of a rumor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the argument is on the Republicans side, at least JD. Vance there's no connection between the two, none, zero.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: That's the crazines. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: It's gotten nuts.
Speaker 2: It's gotten Oh, it's gotten completely nuts.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just can't take it anymore, although I have to because I get paid to take it. Okay, tell me when recipes for dogging cats are up. And also there's that great gift that was the funniest thing that we have to play on nah on the air.
Speaker 7: All right, So Israel's defenses missed the mark on this one. The Jutis launched a barrage of rocket attacks into Israel again. A Houti military spokesman says, the group hit with a new hypersonic ballistic missile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a croc.
Speaker 7: But the missile did take about eleven and a half minutes to get to where it was going. They did intercept it, but they didn't completely destroy it. And so Israel is being accused of or they're going to do an investigation, and they're like, why did this one fail? Because that's what their iron dome is for, is to knock these suckers out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't knock all of them.
Speaker 3: But a single missile, I mean something happened, but it did fragment, It did hit the missile. It just went into pieces and then fragments of it when they hadn't fell of Israel. No one was injured, right, one minor injury. But you know the Huthis are asking for it too. You know, they want to go to war with Israel. You know they're they're joining the fray.
Speaker 5: All right, a different kind of battle. The US government and TikTok going head to head in federal court today or all arguments start in this potentially very consequential legal case. It's going to determine if or how this social media platform is used or not used in America. Are we going to allow it to operate here? You've got nearly half of all Americans on it. And the law was signed by President Joe Biden back in April. And this is a years long going back and forth. Whether it's a problem with the ownership being Chinese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and TikTok saying we don't share anything with the Chinese government or the Chinese military.
Speaker 2: We're on our own, And the.
Speaker 3: US government says, yeah, maybe at this moment in time, although they're not even giving him that credit. But the government Chinese own company that's based in Beijing, and they are collecting the data.
Speaker 2: So we'll see if it'll go to the it'll go to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Of course, there's no issue about that whether the government can stop it. And I don't think they're arguing on Sherman antitrust. I think they're arguing on national security.
Speaker 7: So this five day mission actually lasted five days. SpaceX's Polaris Dawn crew has come back to Earth. They splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday after a five day mission. The Polai's Dawn made history as it reached a higher altitude than any human has been in five decades. And then they also did a spacewalk early Thursday morning, marking the first time that a spacewalk has been done by a privately funded and operated mission and by civilians.
Speaker 4: So cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the boat, the Boeing Starliner, people are still on the International Space Station, all the civilians.
Speaker 2: It is kind of mentioning Neil Armstrong was a civilian.
Speaker 3: Neil Armstrong was a he was yes, I'm sorry, he was an astron he was not military. Oh gotcha, Yeah, I take that back. Okay, these are pure civilians. They do not work for the government.
Speaker 5: All right, family of Blackfeet, Chief, the face of the NFL's Redskins for forty eight years, wants his image back in the f NFL. So the descendants of John two Guns white Calf also what his story told and that brings, you know, attention to multiculturalism and Americans learning about this. So two Guns white Calf's proud portrait adorned the Redskins, helmets, t shirts, playing fields, marketing material from nineteen seventy two to.
Speaker 6: Two and twenty.
Speaker 3: Now, look how crazy political correctness has gone. Right, ninety percent of the Native Americans supported using his face and lightness and the Redskins name. And that's of Native Americans. My high school, we were the Birmingham of the Birmingham High School in Van Eyes. We were the Birmingham Braves, and we had to take the braves off where they had to and we had a side view of I forgot the chief's name.
Speaker 2: It was no bullet was terrific.
Speaker 3: No one complained and the Board of Education said, Nope, can't use it.
Speaker 2: No reference to the Indians Native Americans.
Speaker 3: Although the banana slug is fine up in what University California.
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 3: God, I forgot the name of the campus, but the banana slugs are fine.
Speaker 4: I think it's Santa Cruz.
Speaker 3: It is Santa c Yeah, I can't wait to anything other than a specific group. Maybe Amiba's you know, pathogens. Maybe you can do that. If you can do the banana slubs, you can do anything. I mean, this is crazy political correctness. I mean, I can understand h Chief Wahoo, Okay, being a little offensive.
Speaker 2: I get that, But come on, guys, really.
Speaker 5: Didn't the supposed offending folks have a say? It's like not anymore, it's most But here's the thing. It ends up being a bunch of white people making decisions now on behalf of others, which is just a type another type of racism.
Speaker 3: Well, for example, if I say something to Amy, for example, which I did, about your looks being you know, not equivalent to a computer monitor, and we were referencing that this morning, if she is not offended, if no one is offended and no one complaints, it's still a violation.
Speaker 4: Oh I was offended.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes it feel too, I was.
Speaker 3: I know, Yeah, I just think that it's a hell of a complaint. You compare me to a TV or a computer monitor. You said, I'm not as good looking. That's a great that that is a file that I want to see.
Speaker 5: But you end up going getting a bunch of white folks going, oh no, no, no, you don't even know what's good for you.
Speaker 3: That's a correct. That is absolutely correct. That's how crazy it has more offensive? Ye that and LATINX those the most.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Trump's.
Speaker 7: Not the only one targeted for assassination these days. Venezuela has arrested three US citizens, two Spaniards, and a Czech national over their alleged participation in what they're saying is a US sponsored plot to kill President Nicholas Maduro and several members of his government.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt that these guys were going to attempt to kill them. It's just the US is doing this governmentally, and there's any three people to do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You think it'd be a little bit more sophisticated than that if the US government was involved.
Speaker 5: So no idea, did it say that that's US?
Speaker 6: They're tied to the US government or are they just US?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, Venezuela is saying US government, the.
Speaker 7: State Department is saying that they that there are three US citizens, including a Navy serviceman member, being held in Venezuela, but rejected any links to an assassination attempt.
Speaker 5: As the government right, all right, the is this is very sad. The Israeli military says that three Israeli hostages whose bodies were recovered from Gaza back in December were most likely killed as a result Israeli airstrikes. So hostages were two soldiers and a civilian.
Speaker 6: And they have been doing a.
Speaker 5: They were researching this and union investigation and they said it's most likely high probability at this point looking through all the data that they were in the tunnels with you know some Homas leaders in that wind down.
Speaker 7: Well nothing, it's no Game of Thrones. But winter is coming. They're expecting snow in Yosemite this week. Snow levels are going to drop to eight thousand feet, likely bringing measurable snow to parts of this year.
Speaker 4: In Nevada.
Speaker 7: Winter weather advisories up for parts of the mountains, including those inside Yosemite National Parks. They're only expecting like a couple inches, but they say, yeah, and another low pressure system is going to be heading through the state this week later on and could bring more snow.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, mid September a little early, bring it in the crazy weather category again. At least eight people, unfortunately, have died after some of the heaviest reign in years hit Central and Eastern Europe. Lots of flooding, widespread disruption, the you know usual suspects, power and the like problems. And in Romania two more people were confirmed to have died from flooding just yesterday.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to do more and more and more weather stories. You're going to hear well climate change, and it's just going to get worse and worse. And you know, at some point where does this say we're here in the world is over?
Speaker 2: I hit that a year ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't think y'all have to guess when the world's over.
Speaker 2: Now, well, the world will end.
Speaker 3: I'm watching a documentary now on the on the Cold War, and it's a Netflix documentary and it's just fascinating how the just how close we have come.
Speaker 2: To blowing ourselves up.
Speaker 3: And it's just and you wonder maybe we should have done it, just done, you know, instead.
Speaker 2: Of wondering about you know, worrying about all the weather.
Speaker 3: Just that's very metaphysical, very deep. Life is here, it is. Here's a shocker. By the way, guys, I'm sure you've never heard this before by me. It's all going to hell in a handbasket. It's all crap. All right, Let's do one more story and then we'll end it.
Speaker 4: Okay. So swifty celebs are speaking out.
Speaker 7: Former President Trump posted on his social media website Truth Social, I hate Taylor Swift. And he did that in response to her endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris for president. On her Instagram, she has two hundred and eighty four million followers. By the way, So horror writer Stephen King wrote, I love Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Her music makes me happy.
Speaker 7: End of story and Star Wars is Mark Hamill and Mia Farrow and West Wing star Bradley Whitford all shared hashtag I Love Taylor Swift, and Flavor Flav chimed in and wrote he loves Taylor Swift two.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just sure. Why not?
Speaker 4: You know that last one proves at the end of the world is coming.
Speaker 3: Yes, so well said. Okay, guys, we are done. This is KF I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.