Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: About the spaces or not, Nobody cares.
Speaker 3: It's they shouldn't, we shouldn't. It's just the big Well, it.
Speaker 1: Was described to me yesterday as the world's most expensive bachelorette party, and exactly, and yes, and.
Speaker 2: They all bring their own experience.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a great what a great bachelorette party. But that's exactly what it is. I mean, their wedding whenever that is, is expected to be like the most expensive wedding ever, the craziest preparations or underway.
Speaker 3: I ever thought about that timing of it. Huh so, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Of course, you all do your makeup, you put on your outfits usually matchie matchie, you go out or you go to Space or whatever it is for your income bracket, and there you go.
Speaker 3: I mean, each of those women had individual stories about whatever they've done, however they've made their careers or you know, maybe there was the idea that they had broken ground.
Speaker 1: I know well, and Gail King to go after all the haters today says, you know, well, we fell the same path that Alan Shepherd followed, and it's like, Okay, I just wish there was one person on the stage. And maybe there was. I didn't listen to it long enough. And maybe it's only the like most tone deaf quotes that are being taken out of all of the press availability. But like, if I was on the stage, I'd be like, okay, girls, let's tap the brakes.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: It was super cool, Like it was really awesome and intimate to be up there and to be in space. It was a powerful moment. But we didn't really do anything. Let's just bump the breaks. I mean, I would have been that friend in that group.
Speaker 3: It was like, you guys, come on reality, You're the fun sponge.
Speaker 2: But in a good way.
Speaker 1: No, I'm the realistic sponge. No, never mind, I'm not a sponge. Do you know what the world's most painful insect is?
Speaker 2: The most painful insect? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: There is a it's called the Schmidt Sting Pain Index, and it was put together by an entomologist by the name of Justin Schmidt. This sting is pure, intense, brilliant pain. It's compared to walking on flaming a charcoal with a three inch nail in your heel, to which I say, at that point, do you even feel the flames or do you even feel the three inch nail? Because boats both are just you pass out from the pain. The pain can last up to twenty four hours. It is the sting of the bullet ant, the South American bullet ant.
Speaker 2: Now I'm terrified of bullet ants.
Speaker 1: Don't be I don't think you're going to South America anytime soon, although it could come for you.
Speaker 2: You don't know me. This is Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 3: This is Gavin Newsome at his best slash worst. Gavin Newsom is filing a lawsuit along with Attorney General Rob Bonta against the Trump administration. Here was his very slickly produced Twitter post from earlier today.
Speaker 4: Today, I announced a lawsuit on behalf of the state of California suing the Trump administration. California is the largest manufacturing state in our Union, one of the largest trading partners around the globe. No state will be impacted more than the state of California as relates to the unilateral authority that's been asserted by the Trump administration to impose the largest tax increase in modern American history.
Speaker 1: Do we still have a Ricola still in business?
Speaker 2: Ricolacola?
Speaker 1: Are they still in business?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Can we get him a throat lozenge?
Speaker 2: He thinks that's his? Is that sexy? He thinks that's gravity?
Speaker 1: Does that make women want to lie on a carpet with him?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm thinking about the Kimberly Gilfoyle picture of them lying on that carpet together. Gravelly gravitas. Oh, that's what it is. It's gravitas.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the only reason why he would continue to lean into that voice. It's very Elizabeth holmesy, kind of.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, can you make your voice like that? Can you lean into gravel?
Speaker 3: I feel like I can if I want to, Wow, Then I feel like I'm trying to do a Batman. Yeah, and then everybody, you know, I kind of like this guy.
Speaker 5: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: I might listen to his show.
Speaker 2: I don't think you like that guy. I kind of do.
Speaker 3: In this case, they say that they're suing using the International Emergency Economic Powers Act of nineteen seventy seven because they say the president cannot impose tariffs, which you can or direct Customs and Border Protection in the Department of Homeland Security to enforce those tariffs without the consent of Congress. This has been an issue for one hundred and twenty plus years.
Speaker 2: The amount of.
Speaker 3: Non checked power Congress has given the president over one hundred and twenty years is pretty astounding. Now you want to change the law, you got to get Congress to do that. Is a Republican controlled House and Senate going to rip away the power of this president to impose tariffs?
Speaker 2: It's probably not.
Speaker 1: It's all symbolism. And Gavin Newsom is so pissed off right now. He's so pissed off that it took his lawyers this long to come up with the paperwork for this, because this is so now passe, isn't it. It's like if this came out a week ago, two weeks ago, you'd be like, Gavin Newsom is taking on President Trump and it would have more gravitas. To use your word. Now, it's kind of like, what took you so long? This is kind of out of the news. He's dealing with it, he's pivoting, what have you. Yes, it's still not great news in the present time, but I don't know I think Gavin's pissed. I think he's pissed it took this long to come out with this announcement.
Speaker 3: And maybe to your point, yesterday, no Monday, a lawsuit was filed by a group of businesses that have said that Trump doesn't have the authority to levy tariffs under undercurrent law, which for all intents and purposes, I haven't found anybody proving that he can't because of the way, like I said, Congress has turned over a lot of that tariff imposing power to the president.
Speaker 1: Starting in nineteen thirty two, they started that ball down the hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen, terriffs are not necessarily an awful thing, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see how this pans out. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The history has shown that they're not great.
Speaker 2: Well, but there used to be a time before we were.
Speaker 1: Starting in nineteen thirty two, starting with after the Great Depression, they don't do well, which is why they are not politically favorable. Also, you're looking, like we've pointed out before, at a much longer agenda presidential term maybe four years. You really get two years to make a dent and then you start running again. I mean, it's just You can't put in long term strategy when you're a second especially a second term president.
Speaker 3: Unless you're betting on and I think a second term president would do this, They would bet on whoever's going to take the mantle for your part for the Republican Party, whether it's JD.
Speaker 2: Vans or Don Junior.
Speaker 1: Will they have the stomach though that you have for this, right? I don't know. So this is again con Junior. You think he's going to be the next president.
Speaker 2: Oh, there been a lot of people have said that he would run, which is there's no way he would win. He does not have the likability.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't win, but he would run. Yeah, sure, he seems like he would. He would definitely run.
Speaker 2: Talk about gravitas lacking.
Speaker 3: One of the other things that's going on is, if you haven't seen these, there's a huge flood of Chinese created TikTok's Twitter videos, et cetera that explain all those very high profile, big name brands and how they make what they make in China. And now there's a new back door called dh Gait, a new app where you could buy everything that you love at the absolute rock bottom prices that it cost Chinese wholesalers to make them.
Speaker 1: Is that why you're covered in labels? I see Fendy, I see Chanel, I see Louis Vatan. Like you're just a hodgepodge of designer.
Speaker 2: My red bottom shoes today, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, those look really good. Do those protect your arches well enough?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means?
Speaker 1: Well, they're strappy sandals. Sometimes I worry that they're not going to protect your arches.
Speaker 2: Strappy sick tiger. These aren't strappy, are They're Lacey.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon KFI AM six forty live everywhere on.
Speaker 2: The iHeartRadio app. We do have the stupidest conversations in here. Really. Do we have a chance for you to win a thousand dollars? Oh? I'm sorry. We have a chance for you to win a fowlers.
Speaker 1: Nor maybe gravitas with gravel.
Speaker 2: Chance for you to win one thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Now your chance to one thousand dollars just enter this Nationwie keyword on our website money that's money m O n e Y. Entering now at KFIAM six forty dot com. Slash Cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything. Call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: That keyword goes on the website and if you win, if you win, we'll let you know via email. So an hour from now we'll give you another chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We're talking about tariffs. Big day for Trump today and Washington. He's going to be joining his economic team for negotiations with a trade official from Japan. He says in a social media post. He'll attend the meeting today alongside Treasury Secretary Scott Bissent and Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick. Trump recently announced these global tariffs, pause them for ninety days. If you're just catching up after the market's tanked twenty four percent. Across the board, tariff is on hold. There is a ten percent baseline tariff and a twenty five percent tariff on cars auto parts. Steal in aluminum exports to US that remain in place, obviously strongly affecting Japan. Chinese President Xi Jinping is visiting Southeast Asian nations and promoting his country as a more reliable trade partner. So big day to day in the Penis contest.
Speaker 3: Dhgate is a new app that is now, as of today, number one in the Google Play and the Apple App Store.
Speaker 2: Dhgate is a.
Speaker 3: Platform for cross border commerce, and it is surged in popularity since there's been a bunch of TikTok videos, Twitter videos, et cetera, where Chinese users explain how luxury Western brands think, handbags, yoga pants, whatever it was, how they're made in Chinese factories for such incredibly low prices.
Speaker 6: I will tell you thirty Locktory brands, some of their products all made in China, Ralph Lawrence Harmany, Nike, Door, Lulu, Lemmon, Apple, Michael Course Coach, Kevin Klay pradat the Lane.
Speaker 2: So rafsk I mean just think of how do you know it's not knockoff? Well you don't. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Is there any sort of guarantee? What are we dealing with?
Speaker 3: Well, what they're saying is that the factories that make for example, Lululemon yoga pants, Lululemon yoga pants run what one hundred and ten bucks something like that. For pair of yoga pants. They're saying that they can make them for dollars, I mean single digits dollars and all can slap the Lululemon label on it, ship it across, and in the United States we sell it for one hundred and ten bucks. They're saying, now you can get that same basic product. And again it's I don't know if you'd say it's a knockoff, it's just they're arguing it's the same product without the label.
Speaker 1: This is what China's been doing for generation kades now, and the thing is people are falling for it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you're going to pay fifteen bucks for Lululemon like pants, even with one hundred and forty five percent tariff on it, you're still paying well below the cost of the Lulu lemons.
Speaker 2: So that's what they're arguing.
Speaker 1: But you know that you're not wearing the real thing, well, and that's the whole point.
Speaker 3: Their whole point is, we've fooled you for decades. You think that Louis Vuitton handbag was made in One or France or wherever.
Speaker 1: It point.
Speaker 2: So what they're saying is, if you're willing to do that.
Speaker 3: If you're willing to spend thirty five hundred dollars on an air maze, how do you say that?
Speaker 2: Or SZ, I don't know a handbag, thank you?
Speaker 3: You'd be willing to spend one thousand dollars or eight hundred dollars on that same bag and get the second quality.
Speaker 1: Top like it's brothers and sisters in my dresser from tarje.
Speaker 2: Is it made in China? I don't know. You'd have to check the tag.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Vietnam, maybe India. My parents bought me a Rolex for ten dollars. Wow in China?
Speaker 2: Lucky? Pretty cool? You still have it?
Speaker 1: Do you still have the green marks on your wrist?
Speaker 3: So these videos have been popping up left and right, and like I said, this, this other app is now one of the most popular apps in the app Store, followed by chat GPT. They're doing what they can to kind of drive consumers to the wholesalers themselves and avoid the You wouldn't avoid the tariff. You'd still be hit with that one hundred and forty five percent terraff or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It's just that you would not.
Speaker 3: Be paying the Western luxury brands. I don't know if this is an attempt by the Chinese government to put pressure on the brands to then put pressure on our go this.
Speaker 2: Is not that.
Speaker 1: This is Chinese manufacturers wanting to make money off of the tariffs, taking advantage capitalism.
Speaker 2: Ironically, ironically exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So San Andrea's fault gets all the attention, right, We've got to get this topic out of the way before Deborah gets here. The elsin or fault to the fault that is to blame for our San Diego excitement this week. That will kill you as well. We'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 7: Hey, Gary and Shannon. It's quarter after twelve on the East Coast. I'm listening to you eating lunch, and all of a sudden you hit me with a woman laying on a carpet with Gavin Newsom and that's the end of lunch. Thanks a lot for nothing, Appreciate it, Take care bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll kick in your diet plans into high gear on this show.
Speaker 8: Dh gate has been a since twoy eleven. Is not on your website? Yes, you can buy things for cheap and it doesn't have to be wholesale. You can have one or two items. What do you think that the major the majority of jerseys, football jerseys and basketball and sockers and MLB jerseys.
Speaker 2: Come from Look at you from last season?
Speaker 3: Teach Yeah, d H Gate, I if I misspoke. I didn't mean to say that it was brand new.
Speaker 1: Gary sub Fashions Planning.
Speaker 5: To us.
Speaker 3: It was founded twenty years ago, launched twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: So but it is.
Speaker 3: It is one of the more popular apps right now. There's a you mentioned the measuring contest that we're talking about. How about this one New York Attorney General Letitia James, who, when she went after Donald Trump said no one is above the law, was hit with a federal criminal referral for instances of alleged mortgage fraud. Yesterday, the Federal Housing Finance Agency director sent this letter to Attorney General Pam Bondi, alleging that Letitia James had falsified records to get home loans for a property in Virginia that she said was her principal residence in twenty twenty three while she was still serving as a New York State prosecutor. Also, same characters. New York Attorney General Letitia James is now in the preliminary stages of looking into whether President Trump's recent reciprocal tariff pause included insider trading violation Keryl Crooks, all of them. She said that she's looking at whether or not Trump or anybody close to him may have had advanced knowledge of the tariff decision. Of course, the pause that we saw the stock market surge last week up fifteen to twenty percent after he made that announcement.
Speaker 1: All right, San Andreas fault. I mean, how there's movies called you know San Andreas. This is the fault that caused the nineteen oh six San Francisco earthquake. Movies, video games, books, t shirts, collectibles. Everybody knows the San Andreas. You may know the Newport Inglewood fault if you're from the LA area. That was the one to blame for the nineteen thirty three Long Beach earthquake, the deadliest one in Southern California's modern history. But the one on Monday that we all felt together. That's due to the Elsinor fault. Elsin Oor fault part of a larger seismic zone that experts say, you should know about. It should be right up there if you're in this area. The Elsinor Fault zone is actually one of the largest in southern California, but in historical times has been one of the quietest. And Lucy Jones and Deborah Mark will tell you quiet it's.
Speaker 2: Not always good.
Speaker 3: That inactivity means that it hides a very violent secret, that the fault itself would be capable of generating a magnitude seven point eight eight.
Speaker 1: I love the term violent secret. That's really good.
Speaker 3: That's a good book type name of our new podcast that you can hear every Saturday morning when it drops.
Speaker 2: I really like that violent secret. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This Elsinor fault runs from the Sonoran Desert up in Imperial County through the western edge of riverside communities like Temecula, Murietta like Elsinor, and then by the time it reaches Corona, it actually splits into two other parts. The Chino Fault heads out towards Chino Hills, and then the Whittier Fault, which is near the Whittier Lahabra Heights Hacienda Heights area and your Belinda down in Orange County. And they said that a particularly frightening possibility. It would be an earthquake that goes up the Elsinor fault northwest into the Whittier fault and basically, according to doctor Lucy Jones, it puts all of that energy, funnels it straight into the La bas So one of those scary ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For example, a magnitude seven point eight on the Elsinore including the Whittier fault in the zone, including the Whittier fault, they say could bring violent shaking. We're talking buildings jolted off their foundations over a massive area. El Moni, Hacienda Heights, Roland Heights, Pico, Whittier, Lahabra, Brea, Your Belinda, Placentia, Chino Hills, Corona Lake, Elsinore, Murieta, Temecula. I mean, it would be a wide swath decimated at Okay, and that's just the area.
Speaker 2: That would be decimated.
Speaker 1: Then you think about the next zone. Right then you're thinking Downtown La East, La Long Beach, Alhamboro, West, Covina, Pomona, Ontario, Riverside Downy Norwalk, sant Anna Garden, Grove, Anaheim, Orange, Irvine, all that lake forest. That would be the next circle, which would still be damaged, just maybe not foundations or buildings ripped off their foundation kind of damage, but dam image.
Speaker 3: The last magnitude seven point nine quake happened in eighteen fifty seven, centered somewhere near Fort to hone, up over a Grapevine area. They said that the starting location of the earthquake was up in Parkfield, but it's considered the Fort to hone earthquake because that was the location of the greatest damage, and that is a was along the San Andreas fault. But just to give you an idea that all of these different faults here in California have the ability to bring with them violent secrets.
Speaker 1: Yes, this whole suite of active faults that our accumulating strain is the way that it has been described. Monday's five point two a nice little reminder of the power. No reported injuries, damage, but they say that this thing is capable of a lot more. Monday's earthquake, by the way, resulted in at least nine aftershocks of magnitude two point five or greater, including a magnitude four about an hour later.
Speaker 2: I don't think we saw that one.
Speaker 1: I don't think we did either. But the three point three happened a day day before the four shock that it was three point three, and then on Sunday and then five point two on Monday and those nine after shocks.
Speaker 3: We have a good news story. We didn't do a lot of those good news stories. Yesterday.
Speaker 2: What I thought was going to.
Speaker 3: Be a good news story about the guy volunteering in fifty states.
Speaker 2: It turned a little dark only because he had cancer.
Speaker 1: And then we had the school shooting.
Speaker 3: Right, there's that, So this one is a good story. A dog rescues a baby.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm a big fan of cooking stuff on morning shows. But Lamb. I don't know Lamb at nine forty three. I know this is an East Coast morning show, so it's later in the day, but I guess it's just it would have aired at the same time on the East Coast. Yeah, they're showing Lamb with some arugulis salad in wine and it's the morning and I can't think of anything. I don't want more than Lamb right now. But it's just before Easter. That was Lamb and Easter thing. I like a ham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a hamput.
Speaker 1: I'm a ham person. Give me a bam hungus salt.
Speaker 2: I don't like Sam Lamb and yams Amy. I don't like jam stop it?
Speaker 1: Amy? What bat Amy?
Speaker 5: Ay?
Speaker 2: E've been up too long? Amy, disagree?
Speaker 3: All right, come back, we'll talk about this good boy. Who's a good boy? Who's good boy?
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: So every morning I look at Apple News and one of the features is the five most red stories, and the number one most read story this morning was a feel good story. And it made me happy because the story is great, but it also made me happy that it was the number one red story. That it wasn't about tariffs or Supreme Court rulings or anything that is so divisive. It was something nice, something that we can all delight in. And it was a story of a rancher's dog that rescued a toddler, a toddler who had wandered seven miles and spent the night alone in the desert in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Just before five o'clock Monday night, you have a Pie County Sheriff's office set on social media that they had a missing kid, and they shared a poster identified the little boy Bowden Allen. Last scene, we're in a tank top and pajama pants, and I was it. He had wandered off from his home in a town called Seligman up in northern Arizona, population less than a thousand people. Immediately, everybody jumps in on this thing.
Speaker 1: Monday night, yes, forty Search and Rescue team members, several deputies from the sheriff's departments. The search continued overnight. They had to rescue helicopter through that spotted two mountain lions in the area, but still no two year old Bowden Allen.
Speaker 3: Temperatures overnight high forties, low fifties, and again the kid's just wearing a tank top in pajama pants. They didn't find anything. But on Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning, a rancher is he's heard this whole story because it's nearby, and he gets up and he's going to go into town and he sees his dog at the end of the driveway.
Speaker 9: But it was the four legged loyal ranch dog, Buford, who found Bowden the next morning, seven miles from home, going.
Speaker 10: Down the driveway. Then my dog was sitting down there with the little kid. Just brought him up from the horse pasture and brought him over to the gate and was just hanging out with him.
Speaker 9: So his owner, Scottie Dunton, says the only explanation he can think of is Bowden followed the power line all the way to his property.
Speaker 10: You walk all night and he goes, no, I slept under a tree and I said, well, did my dog find you? And he said, yep, lines out right to his house seven miles away.
Speaker 9: So the sheriff's office says they can't explain how the two year old walked seven miles, but they're relieved he was found safe and in good spirits. As for Buford, he's back to work tonight, but not without a little reward.
Speaker 10: Oh he's getting steak dinner tonight. My wife already said, yeah. No, he did a great job.
Speaker 2: Because he's a good boy. That's Buford.
Speaker 1: He's a good boy, they said, Scotty did that. Beauford is a guardian dog who patrols within a half mile of the house at night keeps coyotes away from the property. Scotty said that he believes Buford came upon the toddler and protected him while bringing him to safety. When Scotty brought in the toddler, he asked the toddler if he had walked all night. The boy said he had slept under a tree. Scotty says he believes the tree is in his horse pasture there on the property, and asked if the boy if the dog was the one who found him.
Speaker 2: The boy said yes. The dog.
Speaker 1: By the way, Buford is an Anatolian Pyrenees Pyrenees.
Speaker 2: He's a big How big is that dog?
Speaker 3: That's a big that's probably about an eighty pound dog. Eighty ninety pound dog, by far bigger than the kid. Again, the farmer was able to say that Buford loves kids. He says, so I can imagine he wouldn't leave him. When he found him, it was a relief that he was alive. I was ecstatic that the boy was okay, and my dog was the one that found him. So he calls the Sheriff's department, says, I got the boys on my property. They confirmed it was him. They haven't said anything if he was taken for medical care. But it's kid walking at night. Wow, I don't know if he's got shoes on.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was where his parents.
Speaker 1: Where are Boden's parents?
Speaker 2: Well, that's I believed.
Speaker 3: How so they reported him just before five o'clock on Monday night. How long had he been out there? I don't know how long. I don't know how fast a kid is. He's two, I know, I mean, and that's the whole Like, how how do you walk seven miles at the age of two?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I prefer not to deal with the facts of the case, just the facts.
Speaker 2: Of the good dog. Youwford is a good boy? What a great story? All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we have a massive eleven o'clock hour. We have seen more of a decline in film and TV production in la Heather Brooker will join us and tell us why the fires kind of what did I say?
Speaker 2: Eleven o'clock whatever?
Speaker 1: We also have a big eleven o'clock hour, but we have a big ten o'clock hour as well. Yes, there's more of a decline in film and TV production. Fire's one reason because of that, but Heather's got more reasons as well. Also, LABD chief Jim McDonald will be joining us. The LAPED has a new recruitment campaign. Do you think I could get in there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to ask the chief ask good all right'd be great to go in with a letter of reck from the chief right.
Speaker 2: Just a quick update out of DC. A federal judge never mind, I was going to read it, but there it is advertise.
Speaker 3: A federal judge has said that he has found probable cause to hold the Trump administration in contempt because they did not turn around those airplanes carrying illegal migrants to El Salvador last month. The judge in this case, James Boseberg, ordered the Justice Department to answer additional questions by April twenty third, so a week from now if they want to purge the contempt. But as of right now, found probable cause to hold the Trump administration in contempt. More of that when we get into Swamp Watch at eleven. Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio ap