Speaker 1: Sighted week days at nine. It's going to be very excited on fifty five KARCD talk station.
Speaker 2: That's the approaching eight oh six here, fifty five KRC DE talk station. What a great, great thing to end the fifty five KRC Morning Show. I've got in studio from Patriots Landing, which is just a fantastic organization. Joe's been Joe Montgomery, he's been in the studio and he's talking on the fifty five Carssey Morning Show quite a few times over the years.
Speaker 1: Joe, welcome back, man. Always a pleasure to see you. Good morning, Brian same here.
Speaker 2: Your mission is an outstanding one, and let us talk about let's listen, pretend like the listening audience has never heard from you before, because I know that people listening to the program right now that don't know what the hell's Patriot Landing. Thomas Deep's wacking, waxing poetic about Patriots Landing. You started this because of the inspiration you got from your father, who probably served his country as a marine, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yeah, good memory. We were just talking about that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so and as you know, we lost him in November, and so I appreciate you starting out that way because one of the things were to do in twenty twenty five because of the passing of my father. And really the reason that I started this, I'm kind of like a Bill Gates or whomever, because we literally started cutting wood in my garage over in northern Kentucky and that was to make the burial flag cases that you're well aware of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arlington Cemetery used to sell what they were Chinese made.
Speaker 1: Well, No, Arlington Arlington did not.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry. I I remember the story. You go ahead and tell it, but I do remember correcting myself in my head. We were talking off air about he said, how old are you now? And it's a lot of these sixteen September It's like it was unrelated. It was a fun fact about where the microphones are here in the studio. It's like, yeah, I should have committed that to memory by now, been here in these studios for a couple of years. I said, there's no more room in the hard drive. He said, yeah. It starts happening around this age, Like, ah, I know, the same age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you look at the back to the flag busy, you know, to that point.
Speaker 3: It was in late twenty fourteen that I was at a veterans cemetery and down in Williams Soun, Kentucky, and I discovered there were sixteen indigent veterans that had been buried with no family and they just random Michael's God loved Michaels great organization, I'm sure. But when they bought the barrel flagcases there and put the veterans burial flags in them, they put their names on them in case the love one ever showed up, and that's that's when I discovered that they're At that time, at that one cemetery, there were sixteen American flags folded in cases with a big maiden China stick. And as you well know, we both feel very strongly about that, and that was the precipice to take me from where we had started doing things for veterans, which was making cornhole boards and bags and shipping them all over the world, just a little kind of like you know, care gift package for some fun for our troops, moved into the burial flightcases. And then that that's what kicked us into the becoming a five to one C three. So we've been now a five o one c three actually coming up next month, it'll be years.
Speaker 1: Has it been that long? Ten years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I look back at that journey, and I look back at, you know, prior to that, doing the the corn hole boards for probably a good five years. You know, I'm a good fifteen sixteen years into this, which I think is part of the reason, just because of sticking with it and having this strong desire to continue to grow. Uh, is why we are where we are today. But one of the themes that I wanted to talk to you today about, Brian, and it's really relative to what we even talked about earlier, is there we're a faith based organization and I think that, you know, trusting in God's plan for us, for our families, for really everything is one hundred percent the reason we are where we are. And I kind of might do this backwards. I wanted to talk about a new thing with to share with your listeners, but I brought another gift for you today, and this literally was created within the last three or four days. We get these inspirations in the shop and it's not me ninety nine percent of time anymore. It's not me, it's one of our veteransans they're like, Joe, you know, I really this, or they see something or this, and then well you've had miss Lynn Arnold in Oh Young Greens.
Speaker 1: She's a wonderful, wonderful lady.
Speaker 3: She's awesome. She really also happens to be my better half. So yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna look on your face. I never made the connection.
Speaker 2: You're out of your element, man, you out kicked your coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's uh, she is awesome.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And and actually she got in trouble this morning because she's a good west Side girl. I'm a near west Side boy, being from Cole Raine. But you know her, her, her and her dad used to come to your breakfast all the time. She lost her dad actually last year as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The listener lunches.
Speaker 3: The listener lunches, and her mom, Miss Dell Arnold, straight up west side, west Side price Hell texted her the morning Joe's gonna be on Brian's show, and you didn't let me know. Oh no, yeah, so you dropped the ball. Well, that family is very much a fan of yours, as we all are. But so anyway, one of the things that I'm gonna do this year to re engage and help me. Remember my dad uh Is get back as he was a you know, life long parishioner at Saint Anne's Engross Back and did everything and gave everything and volunteered. Is we're gonna try to embrace and create more products based on our faith based organization. So this little bogger right here and I'll see if you can see it. Let's see what that is there? Beautiful?
Speaker 1: So that's that's obviously Jesus, and it is on thorns.
Speaker 2: Ways though it takes you a second for it to come into focus, it does.
Speaker 1: It does. It's a beautiful piece of artwork.
Speaker 2: It's a it's it's a cross and it's got so.
Speaker 1: The top part of that you go to the jigs Arnold. No, nope.
Speaker 3: So we now because of our growth, we've grown in products and equipment and we have a laser engraver at the shop.
Speaker 1: Now, oh that's how you have turned that.
Speaker 3: I saw that and I said to miss Lynn, I said, can you make this? And she of course can do anything like that, and she created that file and we started cutting that out. Now, all everybody I've shown that to in the last probably three or four days, has seen it. We have one air force vendor and he's eighty eight. We call him Wild Bill. He comes down twice a week. He's a machine. He will outwork anybody there. He's eighty eight years old. Oh by, for the life of me, he cannot he sees a tree. He cannot come up.
Speaker 2: Well, listen that he can't see Jesus after staring at it for a while.
Speaker 1: That's one thing.
Speaker 2: But initially my reaction was I thought it was some type of foliage or maybe a tree when you first held it up. It's almost like one of those those paintings where you have to kind of stare at it until he image finally appears to you. That's how the subtleness of it is cool. I think it's amazing. Joe, I'll tell you what. Listening on you and You're like, what the hell are they talking about? I wish I could see it. Joe's gonna put a picture of it up on my blog page fifty five Caracy their Comedies.
Speaker 1: In the process of doing that.
Speaker 2: Right now, Joe, I could probably take a better picture with my camera and shoot it to you and text it to you over the break.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Sorry, I brought one for you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate for Joe because he's my good old thesal man, and I know he's a he's a good man. So this literally was made in the last three days. I thought about it, and I wanted to bring you little something, and I wanted to talk about our journey and being a faith based organization, how important it is to us and to all of our veterans that come down and all the people that visit us. And I just think this. I'm in love with this little thing. And I literally threw it online this morning. It doesn't have a picture up. We're gonna start making the we're gonna start selling them. Obviously, this is how we share ourselves. But maybe I could take a picture of you holding it and I'll put it on the website today until we get a better picture.
Speaker 1: You absolutely can do that.
Speaker 2: A lot of my listeners are gonna want to get one of these, and again, help support your organization. And real quick here, just not to move away from this, and we can come back to this, but close the loop on the flag box because I had mentioned Arlington, but ultimately you started making the flag boxes because of your experience at that Kentucky cemetery. But you got Arlington to start buying your flagcases made in your shop in northern Kentucky exclusively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so well they had you know, I didn't know anything about flagcases. I'd never been in that market, and so I thought, who can I call that would know the most, and Arlington came to mind.
Speaker 1: I just picked up the phone and called and got a whole the right person.
Speaker 3: You know, God had a plan for that, because I could have called and had somebody say, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: We don't see you later, Joe.
Speaker 3: But I got a whole the right person and I shared my story and on that same phone call, as you know, it wasn't even a MultiPhone call email thing. It was I told my story and what we were doing and the fact that they're made by veterans. They just fell in love with it, and we, you know, we made four cases and I grabbed my dad and we road tripped up to Arlington. And it was one of the most memorable few days of my life because we went through all the memorials and all the everything up in DC and then to Arlington.
Speaker 2: And now it's very special, special times. And I know you are so glad that you spent that time with your father. I see you know I missed my dad to this day. You know, spend time with your loved ones while you can, because it's always Maybe you aren't anticipating it, but you know buses hit people every day too. You never know, and your number is going to be called up. Let's pause. We will bring Joe Montgomery from Patriots Landing. Folks at Patriots Landing dot org is where you find them. You're not going to see a picture of the cross yet, but I just sent Joe Struker a better picture of the full cross you can put up on the blog page. But five Carsey dot com. We'll be back right after these brief words.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Time for that first n CASS sunny, enjoy the sun, why you've got it? Twenty five for a high down to fourteen overnight with clouds partly cloudy tomorrow, thirty eight mostly cloudy over night now to twenty seven Sunday, also mostly cloudy by a thirty five Right now it's eleven degrees. Just getting after update on traffic from Chuck from the.
Speaker 4: UCL Traffic Center at U see healthy.
Speaker 5: You'll find comprehensive care that's so first and know in and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better upcomes, expect more.
Speaker 4: You see health dot com. Cruis are working with.
Speaker 5: The wreck Northbound seventy five and seventy four Bright Plans locked off in Bend seventy four backs above Montana, North Bend fourth seventy one. It's getting heavier from Graham and it's so seventy one slows through blue ash. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Eight nineteen fifty about KRCDE Talk Station a Happy Friday, Inspirational Friday too. I got Jill Montgomery from Patriots Landing dot org hearing at studio and the picture of the cross that he was described trying to describe on air, and it is absolutely extraordinary to look at is on my blog page nofifybove Karsey dot com. Actually two pictures, the one Joe initially took through the video monitor and then the follow up that I took, and I think it comes through crystal clear what you're looking at there. And this is one of the products sold by Patriots Landing to support their mission, and Joe, I wanted you to dive a little bit more into that mission, because you are really providing veterans with an extraordinary valuable service, and that's just really quite literally by merely bringing them together in your workshop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, as you know, this was not by design. We just you know, not through happenstance, but like minded people in particular the brotherhood and sisterhood that are veterans. And you know this well because you've talked to hundreds, if not thousands of them and been around them.
Speaker 1: It's a unique segment. It's just a unique segment.
Speaker 3: They've gone through things that most of us couldn't imagine, indeed, and so that bond that that it's almost like an immediate friendship right air Force. It doesn't matter what branch, it really doesn't.
Speaker 1: You're in the club.
Speaker 2: You're in the know. You know what your fellow veteran has experienced because you've been through it yourself. I can certainly understand that immediate connection. And it's an exclusive club. You signed on the line that you were willing to give your life for this country, and I know how you feel about that, and I know how I feel about it. And you know, my dad, my uncles did it, and it just it just works. There's a sense of calm, there's a sense of and there's a lot of laughter, a lot of camaraderie. Everybody makes fun of the Air Force.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, man and women out there from the Air Force, but you know, we got a coast Guard down there and they pick on the Marines and it's just a it's a camaraderie. But at the same time, they're keeping their hands and their minds busy, right, mind.
Speaker 1: Old hands the Devil's workshop. Yeah, there's no question about that.
Speaker 2: And of course, if you're a veteran that's struggling emotionally, we always we have major concerns about the suicide rate among veterans, suicidal ideology. Obviously, some are struggling with maybe post traumatic stress, maybe they saw the horrors of combat, maybe they lost buddies or friends while they were serving, you know, in the emotional baggage that goes along with that, stewing in your own juices and not having something to do and not having people to talk to that have experienced the same kind of thing. That just exacerbates an already terrible problem.
Speaker 3: And it's difficult in this day and age to go out and meet people that you can become close with. Or trust or do a lot of different things. And you know, we're a wood shop where we create things, and we create a camaraderie and we pray and we support. We were talking a little bit about Lieutenant Dan that just came in, who was in a very rough spot, who signed the cross that I gave you there, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the other cool thing.
Speaker 2: The veteran who made the woodworking item that you can buy at Patriots Landing dot org signs it. It's so it's I consider the sort of a work of art, So it's like the artists signing it, so credit it's given were credit dude, Dan Smith, and wonderful that I was honored to see that.
Speaker 1: It's like a bonus.
Speaker 2: You get the cross in this beautiful work it would work, but you also get that connection with the veterans.
Speaker 1: It truly is what separates our products.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things that we make, flags and different things that you could go on Etsy and find a million of them, but you're not gonna You're not gonna find one made from a nonprofit supporting veterans by the veterans. But it's it's you know, and we have incredible partners have been doing this as long as I've been doing it. The DAV is a huge partner of ours. So when you get into those cases where camaraderie and a wood shop and this and that and a paycheck isn't enough, you know, we have the resources to connect with. And it goes from the DAV all the way down to Vets and brus It gives the men and women a good time, to theis projects, to the local American Legions, Chuck Wills and some of the guys that uh in the American Legions, uh Jared Bondville, and I could I could name a thousand thousand people, some of whom I'm just mentioned. When we brought our newest veteran in Dan that I spoke of, lost his job right for the holidays. He lost two brothers and then lost his sister maybe two weeks ago, who was like his mother.
Speaker 1: Oh my word.
Speaker 3: And it puts him in a bad place quickly. And so UH, Dan in particular was an instance where we need to get him in in a hurry and get him on the payroll. And you know this is public knowledge, but he had gotten a little bit behind on some rent and a few of the people that I just mentioned, and some other groups just they reach out to me, how can we help and it's usually writing a check, how can we help support this particular vetteror this particular mission anything. And it's amazing, amazing community once you're once you're in, you know everything from well you've met with the Young Marines just it's it's just an incredible structure, for lack of a better word, that we've built around this whole organization.
Speaker 2: Well, I suppose in many respects. You know, there's different organizations. They have their own veteran related mission, but it's it's completely different than yours. So they want to help you, and you obviously can refer the veterans in your organization over to them. It's it makes perfect sense that all these pieces of the puzzle puzzle are working together so well, and.
Speaker 3: We've we've we've identified and grouped with and I don't want to go to the other side. But the sad reality in some instances is that some of these nonprofits they don't quite mesh. Sometimes it's more of a The way I describe it is, hey, don't look over here. You know, you might take this dollar that somebody wants to give me. That's just the way I describe it. I've been doing a long time territorial maybe little, maybe little, but but but uh. All of the groups that we associate with and that we've been blest to partner with believe the same thing I do that the rising tide raise all ships. And that's how you help these men and women, because I can't do everything in a wood shop, and you know, the dav can't do how they do most everything, but they can't do everything, and Bets and Bruce has a certain thing, and the Young Marines and their support of everything does a certain thing. And when you tie it all together, I'm telling you, it's just an incredible, incredible experience from top.
Speaker 2: To bottom, rewarding. I think probably sums that up amazing. We'll continue with Joe Montgomery Patriots Landing dot org. Help support the mission and buy one of the amazing products they have. They're knowing full well that it was made by one of these American veterans in their wood shop. We'll talk more about what they're doing in the shop. Eight twenty six. Right now fIF the five KR City Talk Station. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Hey, hey twenty nine here for.
Speaker 2: The five kercit DE talk station nine first ony Wether forecast tells us we've got at least a sunny day to day. Twenty five will be our high down to fourteen overnight with cloud partly cloudy Tomorrow thirty eight, twenty seven overnight with clouds and a high at thirty five on Sunday with mostly cloudy skies twelve degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic, Chuck.
Speaker 4: From the UC Help Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: You see healthy, fine, comprehensive care and that's so personal, to make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at U see help dot com sathbound seventy five slogo through the Lochlan Split, northbound seventy five, better through the cut, and they just cleared the gangs in in at seventy four. Right lanes open again northbound four seventy one slows just a bit from Grand into town. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's a thirty year pit you about kerr see talk station. Very happy Friday to you, extra special and uplifting Friday, A Positive Message Friday with Joe Montgomery from Patriots Landing at the started this wood shop inspired by his father's service to his country and wanted to do something in recognition of that. And so you opened a wood shop and started out with some smaller projects, became a five on one three C. And there's been a five on' one three C now for you said fifteen or ten years, ten years making the flagcases and a whole host of other wood wooden products, and you can find them all at Patriots Landing dot org. And by purchasing one of these products, you're supporting the American veteran in the wood shop and providing them this this safe space where they can do projects and commiserate and share their experiences and put a smile on their face and some in what can be really desperate times for some of these folks. So there's an opportunity there, I suppose for some veterans in the audience if they want to help out along those lines.
Speaker 3: So yeah, absolutely, whether you have free time you want to volunteer, whether you're looking for some part time work, whether you know what I what I always tell folks is just you know, just come down and see what we're doing. Just come down. Let me give you a little tour, let me introduce you to the men and women that we work with. And if it flots about, great, If it doesn't, you know, not every shoe fits every foot or however you want to say that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, our doors are always open. You can reach out to me right through the website.
Speaker 2: You guys are close to the arc exhibit right, three minutes three minutes away, all right, So if you plan on a trip to that, then stop over a Patriots Landing. Even if you don't, you're not a veteran, you don't have any intention of, you know, maybe volunteering or something. Stop in. They got a shop there. You can look at what the men are and maybe do you have women working there too? Sure, but I didn't. I didn't think you discriminated. This isn't just a you know, I said fraternity, So social clubs most of well the two that are there the most are both Navy veterans. So got a couple of h and as in everything in life, they're kind of the glue that keeps it from getting too crazy. I'm sure your wife and understand that. No, I get friend understand that. I get that all day long. You still see you are so far out of your coverage and on that three point thirty is it albic my back? Yeah, I apologize. That's now eye there, Ibec Lane three thirty, I BEC Lane, Williamstown, Kentucky for one zero ninety seven. That is the physical location. What a beautiful building you have there, thank you, Right man, it's just Corty. You know.
Speaker 1: One of the things we do is we do a lot of group tours now, which is big.
Speaker 3: So if you're a church, if you're a Boy Scout group, if you're a youth organization, a business, and you know, we've had all just about all the management groups from the art come over and take the tour tourism groups. So that's always an option too that we can set up just a short little tour and it's fun. They have a lot of fun. They could see all our products and getting the back and the shop and watch how they're made. Oh yeah, that's that hard work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how many I guess I'm wondering because I know you have the nine and the twenty two flags.
Speaker 1: Right, twenty two is relatively new.
Speaker 3: You're talking about another powerful piece that's that's our veteran suicide awareness flag.
Speaker 1: Oh Ida, And I asked that out loud.
Speaker 3: And as you know, the VA study a few years ago is that on average, twenty two veterans a day take their lives.
Speaker 1: And that gives me the chills. Just a day, that's on average. You've literally described my reaction, and so again, not me.
Speaker 3: I believe this was mister Gary Kaufman. We call him the Jungle Cat. He's a shop manager. And we make a nine and we want to make a smaller flag, just like we want to make a smaller cross. Just options, put this over your kitchen count or do whatever. Yeah, and the nine millimeter shell casings work on that size flag. When you make a smaller when they're just gigantic too big, well guess what caliber fit twenty two? So they're just with twenty two caliber shells.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And it's just now we've got onto a third just incredibly powerful piece that you know, I don't know how we keep stumbling upon them, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well one can only pray that you know, you'll have to go down at some point two like seventeen as opposed to the twenty two, because that numbers just wear just atch some stars in there well, and then there's that it's coming up at eight thirty five, we'll pause. We'll bring Joe back talk a little bit more about some of the folks he's helped out in his mission. And I got some other questions to talk with Joe about Patriots Landing dot org. Just get over there and buy something. You'd be glad you did. Beautiful work. A thirty five fifty five care seedy talk station fifty five car the talk station this month hebgs give it away fund and sorry. As far as weather is concerned, Shannon nine says, today is going to be sunny, high at twenty five fourteen overnight with a few clouds or partly cloudy sky. Then a partly cloudy day tomorrow with a high of thirty eight. Cloudy overnight on Saturday as well, twenty seven and yes, clouds on Sunday with a high of thirty five eleven degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic updates from the U.
Speaker 4: SEE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: And you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes expect more. Do you see he dot com Southbound seventy five continued slow through Lachlan, but inbound seventy four and northbound seventy five much improved over the last few minutes, no doubt. Now northbound seventy five through the cut. Chuck Kingbram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight thirty eight at fifty five kr CD Talk Station. Very Happy Friday too, Tech Friday with Dave Hadters early in the program at six thirty. That's a worthy podcast, that one. He's always providing us with wonderful information. Dave Hatter and Tech Friday. Congressman Warren Davidson was on at seven oh five, and of course Donna Murphy, Heaven's Gate Ministries are gain ministries. I thought there was a unique parallel. I got Joe Montgomery from Patriots Landing in here, veterans, you know, join together in his workshop making these just absolutely gorgeous handmade works of art that you can buy, veteran made, signed by the veteran that made them, brought to them with wonderful opportunity to commiserate and share experiences and you know, get peace of mind. They together so a faith Baith organization, Heaven's Game Ministries. Joe just I don't know if you heard me talking to to Donna provides that, you know, woodshop type caskets and services for women who've lost their child in pregnancy. It's just the horror of that and to know that, you know she was inspired by God to start that, and that that's out there. It's just kind of comparable experiences. And I suspect Joe Streker put them back to back for that reason. And thank you Joe Strecker, particularly for bringing Joe back to the studio to talk about this. So Patriots Landing dot Org, as I've been mentioning a bunch of times, I encourage my listeners to purchase one of your products because it does help you fulfill your mission. And you've got this beautiful thing going on here. Cornhole bags. You have corn hole bags with the branches of the service on them. That is really cool. And those are hands sewed in the shop as well, made by one of our Air Force veterans. It's probably been making bags for fifteen years. There could still called cornhole bags. There's no corn in them. It's like plastic pellet weighs exactly a pound. They're probably what would most in the corn whole world would consider pro bags. Uh, they're just the nicest bags. You ever call that cornhole pretty bag? I know, I just I'm sorry. It's pretty big in America.
Speaker 1: Well, when you see.
Speaker 3: Cups stacking on ESPN, then then you think you're like, okay, the door has been open.
Speaker 1: Yeah the oo for those who've seen Dodge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, we've made a lot of custom bags, and you and I talk briefly off the air. Custom products are difficult, but if if you ever you know, I put dogs and cats on bags. I've put pepperoni pizza from pizza places. We can, we can put anything that there's a picture of we put. We had when we send in our boards over to our troops, which is how we started, which if you would have known me, then you'd have probably called me cornhole Joe because that's what I did.
Speaker 1: That's what we did.
Speaker 3: And when we started sending these boards and bags of our troops, we are coming up with unique custom bags. And one of one of the young women that was actually serving over in Iraq, they had I don't know what's calls it, it's it's it's usually on a ship. But it's one of those those guns that just shoots a million rounds a second. Just oh sure, And she had a picture of that on her base over there and she sent it. We put that on one of the bags.
Speaker 1: Just cool, cool stuff like cat one gun, right, kind of like that.
Speaker 3: It's a yeah, I don't want to sound it's too late for me to sound ignorant, but see something.
Speaker 1: Or it doesn't everybody out there but us will know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all.
Speaker 1: Streaming at the radio, going, you idiots, what.
Speaker 3: Kind of morons on today? But just just different things like that. And we do, we do take some custom projects on, but most of our work is in what we can put online and sell.
Speaker 1: Understood it.
Speaker 2: Obviously, if you had a thousand people called today and asked for a custom product, then.
Speaker 1: You have patient overwhelmed. They need to be patient.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh and the other thing is, folks, since we were talking about this, this beautiful cross that he brought in me.
Speaker 3: Come up with a name for that, because right now I just threw it on. Literally, I'm eating breakfast with my son this morning and I'm like, Buddy, I said, I'm going to see Brian. I'm going to take him this we're going to talk about. I probably should put it on online because people are gonna want one. And I think it's called us Jesus Cross online. I just put in Jesus Cross.
Speaker 2: It is, and I wanted to let my listeners know because you now have two pages of products. So if you scroll down the product list on your browser, click on page number two and it's the only item there. And yeah, as of right now, there is no photograph, but you can see it again on fifty five cares dot com my blog page. Just can I put the picture? I just suck at you up there, Brian, Well, if you want or you can have the picture that I took of the cross. It's a very clear image and you don't have to have my.
Speaker 3: Other I think for the next four d eight hours we'll have you out there until I can get a picture of it taken.
Speaker 2: I haven't taken a picture of it yet. I don't want it to be off putting for people. I want them to want to buy the cross, So I got to really, you have my permission to use a photograph anyway you want.
Speaker 3: But well, let me let me bring this up, Brian, if you don't mind, real quick, but this is something that we're very very excited is new for twenty twenty five. We readd our website and thank you for pointing out that that is on page two.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: That just shows to the growth that works experiencing. But we have what we're just calling an affiliate marketing program. So our first client is the Young Marines. Go figure, and I'm actually going to Atlantic excuse me, Dallas third week of April to go to their national leadership convention. So what this is is an avenue for nonprofits, for schools, for churches, for groups, for businesses, for any do gooders that want to do essentially a fundraiser. So they can go on our website. On the very bottom of the of the homepage there's a link it says affiliate marketing, and if they click on that link, it takes maybe thirty seconds to sign up, and I contact them and they get a unique link to our website. So they go out to their flock, to their congregation, to their business, to their company, to whatever and say, hey, go on this link, buy a Jesus cross or some cornhole bags or a twenty two flag. And then our new website tracks that and they get a percentage of sales and once a quarter we write them a check. It's kind of big boy pants for us. I'm very excited about it because it's such a win win. You get to support a nonprofit that supports veterans, that makes veteran crafted products. Your potential supporters gets to buy a really cool product. They get something tangible instead of just writing a you know, a twenty dollars check, which I put these online for twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Believe or not. Oh, that's what you really expected it to be. More, it's not. So our goal is volume.
Speaker 3: Our goal is we want a bunch of people buying a bunch of products so that we have additional work and additional veterans in the shop. It's not the make these massive you know, revenues and profits and buy new stuff.
Speaker 1: So our goal is to.
Speaker 3: Bring more veterans and get more veterans engage. So this affiliate marketing program really opens up what a win win. You want to raise money for your organization, you support us.
Speaker 1: We support you. That's the way it works. This is all. It's it's really cool.
Speaker 2: I mentioned puzzle pieces come into place with all the other organizations you work with but the success you've had with this operation, and I know you're divinely inspired, and I think maybe there is something to that. Maybe someone has a plan, sir, and we know that it's playing out really well for you Patriots. Landing dot org. We have one more segment here with Joe Montgomery. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com your hand.
Speaker 2: At eight fifty five KRCD Todd Station. One more time for the night, first morning by the forecast. Oh look, it's the same same one I've been reading. No morning, mostly Sunday skuys today with a high twenty five down to fourteen overnight with some clouds, partly clouded. Tomorrow thirty eight, twenty seven overnight with clouds and a mostly Fiday Sunday with a high thirty five twelve degrees. Right now, time for final traffic, Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 4: You see how traffic center and you see healthy.
Speaker 5: You'll find comprehensive care and that's so personally and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more. And you see health dot com seth pound seventy five for running just a bit slow. After you come out of Lachlan towards the lateral northbound seventy five. I'm seeing no delays at all, doing fine through the gut and then bound seventy four looks good too, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KROOC the talk station.
Speaker 2: A forty nine fifty five KR city talk station uplifting segment. We've been having here with Joe Montgomery Patriots Landing. Wonderful work they're doing helping out veterans, even and prediction, most notably struggling veterans, guys that need a little boost and a little help. He's got a wood shop, puts them to work and making great products that we can support the cause by buying. And yes, Eric, you were right the gun. They made custom products too, So if you have a photograph of something you want on a corn hoole bag, they can make that happened. Cw S is the name of that Gatlin gun, for lack of a better way of describing it. So Eric, you win the prize. Any instant message on Facebook, Wow, that's what the phone is. I have to tell you right now.
Speaker 1: I think I've got three or four orders in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic. Thank you listening audience and a donation added. God bless my listeners, I bless you, Brian. Well, now it's just as this and man, you know you talk about God having a mission for you. My dad told me not to take this job. Don't do it, Brian. I was practicing law, wasn't in house counsel of Anthem, executive litigation, whatever the hell position I had at the time.
Speaker 1: I quit, and don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, remember that Mark Twain quote about you know, you regret the things in life you didn't do versus the things you did.
Speaker 1: So to the extent, God has a plan for me.
Speaker 2: I think one of his reasons that I took the job is so that I could help the American veteran I've always had just the most profounder as you mentioned earlier. Signing up that alone, to me represents just an amazing thing that you're signing up for a life or a career or even you know, short term if you want to serve you know, one tour one oh uh four years. Yeah, you're still signing up for something. Your future is completely unwritten. Infantry men, you could be responsible for, you know, sniffing out bombs. I mean, you're putting your you're literally putting your life in the hands of the American military, And that to me is so just amazing because that's not the type of.
Speaker 1: Guy I am.
Speaker 2: You know, No, no, I'm gonna go to college. I'm going to go to law school. I'm going to practice law. You know, like I know what's in store for me generally speaking. But to know that you can end up in Afghanistan or some you know, combat, someplace in one of the four corners of the world, or any of the number multitude of possibilities for you, that's and and no guarantee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably that mindset, that particular mindset that you just described so well, that that that helps what we do work because they're just they're just like minded. They did something that the majority of Americans haven't, right, And you know, you can't can't speak to something. I tell my son this all the time. You can't speak to something unless you've lived through it. I don't know, they've said. And you can't walk in another man's shoes or whatever whatever that is. But you know, and in life, if you have not had an illness, or if you have not experienced death, or if you have not experienced a separation or a divorce or something significant in your life, you can't speak to it because you can think you know what it feels like or and that times ten is what happens in our shop, because at any given time, I'll walk in the shop and I'm in and out a lot they're chit chatting about something that's relative to their experience or and you want to talk about people that can immediately picture a boardroom and a new board member comes in, man or woman, doesn't matter. I doubt that there's an immediate connection connection and I'm going to work closely.
Speaker 1: It bar none.
Speaker 3: Somebody new walks into our shop like Dan, and it's you can just see it, Ryan. They're comfortable, they're accepted because they're a veteran. And that's the group that we have. And again, we're so so so blessed to have the men and women we do and always looking for more. But it's I think it's that ability that someone said I'm going to sign on the line and I'm willing to give my life for this country that separates them from you know, Joe and whoever else. And and I think that's what helps it just hard experiences. It helps with the camaraderie and and and just the immediate He's one of us, she's one of us. Let's get to work. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Well and and as I as you were talking about that, if you haven't had the experiences and that we can understand it. I mean, how many movies have I seen? Combat movies, war movies, and yes there's death, and you can even and graphic depictions of death on the screen, I imagine, don't come close to actually witnessing it happen right there next to you.
Speaker 1: Can't. There's no way.
Speaker 3: They just couldn't recreate it, especially I as a friend or someone that you just trained with, or exactly like losing a brother or a mother.
Speaker 1: It's just you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and that's what Patriots Landing is all about. Folks that have those shared experiences getting together and helping each other out with camaraderie and of course working on these great craft products and you know, putting a smile on a lot of people's faces too, because I imagine the tour groups are coming there and the visitors just are probably experience an uplifting moment kind of like I'm feeling right now.
Speaker 1: I need I need to get some of the you just made a good point.
Speaker 3: I need to get some of the reviews and some of the comments we've had from our groups to come in on our website because you know, as my son put it a few months ago, he was off school and we had a group of fifty or so seniors from I think Georgia ann and uh, he says, Dad, you're you're you're bat in a thousand still after the tour.
Speaker 1: And I said, what do you mean, buddy?
Speaker 3: And uh, he says, every time I'm here and you have a tour group in here, and you talk about the flycases, you talk about this, you talk about the veterans, there's a whole bunch of he said, ladies, because it's a lot of ladies on these tours.
Speaker 1: But crying.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And I said, buddy, that's because it's real. That's because especially in that generation that you have celebrated so much, the greatest generation, and there long their mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, dads served, or they know somebody that's served. They're the most patriotic group of Americans there are. And I don't know any other way to say, it's just a powerful It just is because of what it is. It's not because I'm talking or anybody's doing anything. But it's just a powerful connection that to people that come down have with what we do. It's fun, it's blessing, it's great. It's as you would you say earlier, and that's why I love coming to studio because we can chat offline. But it is for me personally, just me personally, right, It's it's just a your anxiety kind of comes off. You trust in the Lord's plan. You're around this type of atmosphere. You're not in a sitting as an attorney doing this or that. Yeah, you're you're hopefully creating a better space or place on this earth for somebody.
Speaker 2: It gets you out of bed with a smile on your face in the morning, hitting the ground, running purpose, purpose, Well, a lot of us lack that, but you know what, you can see it on full display. Patriots Landing dot org. Please buy a product, help support the mission. Veterans get on over there, help out in the workshop, and any groups, seniors groups, you know, school groups, church groups. Put together a group of folks and head on over there. Maybe head under the arc exhibit if that appeals to your not, but it's worth a trip to Patriots Landing and all the information again Patriots Landing dot org. Brother, it has been a distinct pleasure having you back, love hearing about it.
Speaker 1: It's bless you.
Speaker 2: Send me of the weekend with a positive vibe. Podcast online fifty five krs dot com Tech Friday with Dave had Our, Congressman Warren Davidson, Donna Murphy with Heaven's Game Ministries, and of course this full hour with Joe Montgomery and the link and the photograph of what they're calling at least for right now, the Jesus Cross you can get at fifty five krs dot com. Joe Stracker. God bless you, my friend, Thank you for all that you do. And folks, hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stick around because Glenn Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump the next four years, it's gonna be incredible.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This report