Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine in the Games.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI j Bulldog Sports Page brought you by the Scottish Highland Festival this weekend in Mount Dora.
Speaker 1: Taco Bob, Big Old party going on all weekend Mount Dora.
Speaker 2: We were there last year.
Speaker 1: It's a really good time. So if you're looking for something to do this weekend, head on out there.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike the Bulldog Beyonki is absent this morning because he's headed to the media day for this coming weekend's Daytona five hundred Daytona International Speedway Cup. Practice begins this morning at the track, qualifying tonight and then looking ahead to what's to come the balance of the week at the duels tomorrow, then the NASCAR Truck Series race Friday night, the Infinity Series race on Saturday afternoon at five, and then of course the Great American Race Daytona five hundred on Sunday afternoon. Weather they're permitting.
Speaker 1: Do you think Dog's gonna ask any hard hitting questions this morning? Maybe possible dog bite for tomorrows show. We can only hope. We can only hope.
Speaker 2: Taco I'm sure he'll have some something to bring to the table tomorrow morning. Congratulations to Kevin Durant becoming the eighth player in NBA history to notch thirty thousand points. He did it last night after he hit a free throw late in the third quarter in the teams one nineteen to one twelve loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. Durant is thirty six years old forward, and he was voted to his fifteenth All Star team. He now joins Lebron James, Kareem Abduljavar, Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Dirt Noovitski, and Wilt Chamberlain in the thirty thousand point club. Not bad company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just thinking, I've always liked Katie too, you know, overall, when you look at basketball players and there's a bunch of ass heads and then there's ones that are good. He's one of the good ones.
Speaker 2: Usually good attitude with the Olympic team as well, So yeah, good job for him. Magic have their final game before the All Star Break their home this evening against Charlotte. Wobbly would be a word that comes to mind as of late, so Hopefully the few days off may get the team health ready for a final stretch run and hopefully get into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And the signs at my front yard, the Magic sign has been wobbly too with all yesterday's win. I looked and one of them was almost blowing. Let's hope that's not a sign. Come on, Magic, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Florida Gators forward Alex condunn Was, who was a SEC Player of the Week named Monday, left the number three Gators eighty one sixty eight win last night at Mississippi State after suffering an ankle injury in the opening minute. Concerned fans obviously, but he's been diagnosed with a sprained right ankle. The x rays were negative, so hopefully nothing too major going on there for the Florida Gators player. As expected, the New Orleans Saints higher philadelph Eagles offensive coordinator Kellen Moore as their head coach. I think that was one of the worst kept secrets in the NFL these days. Dolphins Miami Dolphins adding Bobby Slovak to the coaching staff. He's the former Houston Texans offensive coordinator. He's going to join the Dolphins coaching staff as a senior pass game coordinator. The move will reunite Slovak with head coach Mike McDaniel, whom he worked with in both Washington and San Francisco, and he'll also now be working with his brother, Ryan, who is the Dolphins defensive backs coach and pass game specialists.
Speaker 1: Let's just hope that he can get them further playoff wise, or at least help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what else we got here? More college football news? University of North Carolina expected to hire Brian Belichick as a safety's coach, so he'll be joining Pops there. He's the youngest son of Tar Hills coach Bill Belichick. Brian will be coaching the safeties for North Carolina.
Speaker 1: And there were talks of that as well.
Speaker 2: Ex Ohio State coach Jim Trussell has been nominated as Ohio Lieutenant governor. You will replace the former Lieutenant Governor John Houstead, who was named to replace Jade Vance's vacated Senate seat. So Jim Trussell, the former Ohio state coach, will be the lieutenant governor in Ohio once it's approved by the Ohio Ohio Senate in Ohio House, It's expected to not be an issue, and then let's see what else we got. The inaugural NHL Four Nations Face Off begins tonight with games featuring Canada, Finland, Sweden, and the United States. This means the NHL will be in a break from regular season games for about a week and a half while this tournament goes on. All of the games will be televised, starting tonight. I think tonight's is on TNT and then the rest of them are going to be on ESPN. So the teams will be made up of players from those countries NHL players. So depending on what team you're looking at, some of the players may have more or some of the teams may have more participants than others. Others may just have a handful. But it's a break for the vast majority of the league for a week and a half or so.
Speaker 1: You'll be watching that.
Speaker 2: I'll probably be in bed before those games air, but I'll certainly be watching the highlights.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's about all I got. You know, we're kind of in a little bit of a Lolso it's a good day for the bulldog to be out of his cage.
Speaker 1: All a lot of sports. Actually, I'm looking at what is written on paper. Well done, you're trying to cram it all in here. There's your sports page for this morning.
Speaker 2: Check out Dyne out of ten years agree, JR. R. Rocks