Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. When it comes to movies aboard planes, I don't mean watching them when I'm in flight. I mean those tense movies where there's a terrorist or a bomb or a bad actor on a flight and it's just a tense movie going experience for an hour and a half or two hours.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the show with Iadris Elba about his.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about. I did not remember.
Speaker 4: Is not the one that I saw that.
Speaker 2: I loved it. That was a great That was a great show. No you didn't like it.
Speaker 4: I didn't love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I remember watching the trailer and thinking like, oh, that looks good. But maybe not a commitment that I was going to make for that long. I just I can do a movie, I can't really do a whole series.
Speaker 2: I guess he's going to be in the new Masters of the Universe.
Speaker 3: Oh like he man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I didn't know. What about Shira?
Speaker 3: Is she in it? Princess of Power?
Speaker 2: I don't know how you couldn't have her?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I wonder who gets to be Shira.
Speaker 2: I have to check that out. We are following a bunch of stories.
Speaker 5: Number one, the big deal this weekend is that the weather is changing. Our red flag warning expired an hour ago, and after our historically dry start to what we've seen as finger quotes, winter rain is now.
Speaker 2: In the forecast.
Speaker 5: We expect to see mostly cloudy skies by tomorrow morning. We'll see showers coming in by tomorrow afternoon. Those will likely stick around in some places as long as about forty eight hours. So maybe you'll take us right into Monday, and anywhere from half an inch of rain to an inch and a half could be possible. Most areas are kind of expecting right around half inch to three quarters of an inch during the storm.
Speaker 1: So a little too on the nose with Chris Hemsworth playing he man.
Speaker 3: Little two on the nose, What did you expect, somebody? Not Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 2: Right, that'd be awful.
Speaker 3: Rates of sorry, didn't mean to knock your guy.
Speaker 5: Rates of sexlessness are climbing from coast to coast among adults age twenty two to thirty four.
Speaker 1: Just watching that first hour of anor and that's enough for them Yeah.
Speaker 5: National Survey of Family Growth shows that ten percent of young men seven percent of female counterparts say they are still virgins. In some that says for young males, sexlessness has roughly doubled across all measures over the last ten years or so. For young adult females, it's riven by it's risen by fifty percent.
Speaker 3: There's a couple reasons.
Speaker 1: It is the proliferation of easy porn everywhere. It's in your pocket, it's on your phone. It's not just on the family computer in the living room every more. Anymore, where you maybe get an hour with mom and dad out of the house, it's in your bedroom, it's in your laptop, it's in your phone, it's in your pocket. But also the screens, just how much time you spend on the screens. Our time is time that you're not using your imagination and not paying attention to your humanness true, and not socially interacting, which leads to.
Speaker 5: Sex, which is a strange thing because it's good, and that that's a very despite all of the technology that's between us and what is good. It seems to me like that would drive the goodness of it, would drive people towards it, despite the technology.
Speaker 1: A lot of sex amongst young people. Teenagers specifically, was out of boredom when we were growing up, when our parents were growing up, there was just wasn't as much to do. Yeah, you'd ride bikes and all of that stuff, and you know, you'd play in the street, what have you, baseball, cheerly, whatever you're into.
Speaker 3: But what did you obsess about?
Speaker 1: You know, it wasn't something where you were constantly stimulated on your phone. It was kind of like, well, what else is there to do? And I was like, Oh, what's he like?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's but imagine if you're constantly distracted by your phone, you.
Speaker 5: Don't give you don't have time to be bored, or you don't allow yourself to be mad.
Speaker 1: You don't have time to think about all of those things that go on with imagination.
Speaker 2: Imagineation, like what have you? What have you imagine?
Speaker 3: Imagine? Lately? You created anything in.
Speaker 5: You without four shots of espresso All morning, I've been trying to imagine that.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's hurtful. It's time for swampwatch. I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies. I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got.
Speaker 7: The real problem is that our leaders are dune.
Speaker 3: The other side never quit.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going anywhere. So train the squad. I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, nervans have always been.
Speaker 4: They're gupid.
Speaker 5: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 2: Why have the people voted for you were not swamp watch They're all count of knowing it well.
Speaker 5: President Trump is in North Carolina. I'm not sure he has left yet, but he is going to be coming out to southern California later today to get a trip and a first hand look at some of the destruction from our fires. Recently, in the context of emergency response, he has said he is considering getting rid of FEMA. He made the remarks during this trip to North Carolina. Today. Spoke while visiting which, of course visiting North Carolina Swana Noah specifically still recovering months after Hurricane Helene, and then is headed to la He's going to land at lax sometime after about two o'clock today. He said he's weighing some changes to how FEMA responds to disasters and instead of having federal financial assistance flow through FEMA, he has said it would be better if the states handled everything that sometimes FEMA kind of gets in the way.
Speaker 7: FEMA is going to be a whole big discussion very shortly, because I'd rather see the states take care of their own problems you don't need, and then the federal government can help them out with the money. The FEMA is getting in the way of everything.
Speaker 5: That was from earlier this week, his interview that he did with Fox News.
Speaker 3: Where's the pushback there?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously FEMA comes in after, at least in this state, when we see local agencies spring into action, state wide resources are freed up, emergency declarations, free up disaster monies. Here, FEMA I think is more important in the states, as I mentioned earlier, that don't have the infrastructure to respond to disaster the way the bigger states do. I think they're more important there. Do they gum up things?
Speaker 3: Maybe? But I want to know who and FEMA pissed off Trump.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not something where he sat down and went line by line of FEMA and how.
Speaker 3: Big it is.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is simply that it's a massive bureaucracy and he wants to get rid of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's part of it.
Speaker 5: I also think this North Carolina and the response to Hurricane Helene was stuck in his craw because there was a belief that went around that it was a Republican state. That that prompted the Biden administration to take their foot off the gas a little bit when it came to actually getting federal assistance into those areas as quickly as possible.
Speaker 3: Anecdotally, and that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: You're right, because it did come out this week anecdotally that people who had Trump signs in their yard were passed over by FEMA.
Speaker 5: Well, that was actually a specific recommendation by a FEMA administrator somewhere in the state of Florida after the hurricane. Yes, where she was saying that we were supposed to skip those and.
Speaker 2: That wasn't right, Shada.
Speaker 1: That wasn't just a When I say anecdote, I don't mean rumor, but there were several instances of people saying that, and then the actual quote came out from a FEMA administrator.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that means that the government needs to hobble FEMA, or just clean out the people who would be in the way.
Speaker 2: There are people within the bureaucracy.
Speaker 1: Anything that would be in the way in anything that big, there's going to be people who are like, you know what, and screw the Biden people or screw the Trump people.
Speaker 5: The illegal imminent immigrant criminals in the United States have been rounded up, not all of them, but the Trump administration, according to the White House Press Secretary, arrested five hundred and thirty eight illegal immigrant criminals, including a suspected terrorist, four members of the Trend de aar Agua Sorry Trend de aar Agua gang, and several people convicted of sex crimes against minors. Two US military flights carried at least eighty one deportees out of the United States.
Speaker 2: Both of them apparently went to Guatemala.
Speaker 5: And then the last thing in d See today is that the Senate is expected to vote on the nomination of Pete hagg Seth as Secretary of Defense. Yesterday, they voted fifty one to forty nine on a procedural measure to end the debate, and all but two of the Republicans voted in favor of moving ahead on the nomination. That would have been Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins. They joined the Democrats and Independents in voting no. That vote, by the way, on Pete hagg Seth is very late tonight DC time. They're talking about nine or ten o'clock at night that they'll take that vote tonight.
Speaker 3: Did you know it was the year of the Snake?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Oh? How did you know that?
Speaker 5: Because Michelle printed out this cartoony fun baby snake picture. Hmmm, gung hey fut CHOI, that's exactly this name.
Speaker 3: The twenty ninth will be the snake's name is Happy New Year? Yes, huh.
Speaker 2: And next year, when it's the year of the Monkey, will be also gunghey fut CHOI.
Speaker 3: I think the monkey is not named Happy New Year.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if next year is the year of the monkey. Could be the rooster, I don't know. I know I was born under the rooster.
Speaker 3: Year you were you were the cock fighter.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what my nickname was. Pokemon.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty six is the year of the horse fight.
Speaker 2: Ah, the horse.
Speaker 1: When does the monkey? I'm the monkey? When does the monkey come around? And more importantly, where the deer at.
Speaker 2: The cut your.
Speaker 5: Eye on them, deer h when we come back the Pokemon Fight to end all Pokemon fights.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Pokemon was still a thing.
Speaker 2: You are an adult, sir. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I remember when you were wrapped up at the Pokemon craze.
Speaker 2: I never got any physical altera.
Speaker 3: You visit that as well.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 5: Forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app on this Friday, January twenty four. It is time for us to give you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website, bills. That's bills, b I L L S. Enter it now at KFI AM six forty dot com. Slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything, call the Winning Attorneys.
Speaker 2: It's Sweet James.
Speaker 6: One eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 5: A keyword goes on the website again, it is bills. Make sure you put that on the website. Keep an eye on your email inbox. That's how we let you know you want a thousand bucks And the best thing is we do it again an hour from now.
Speaker 3: I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: We haven't done the nine news nuggets you need to know in a long time, but a while, right, Yeah, you got to get back into those nuggets. Also, what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. We'll do that towards the towards the end of the show.
Speaker 5: You can leave us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Do you want your Jeopardy question? I mean why not?
Speaker 2: Okay, you can hit the button.
Speaker 1: The category is losers for twelve hundred dollars. Even though Faye Dunaway announced it as the best picture at the Oscars in twenty seventeen, this movie actually lost.
Speaker 3: You love this movie?
Speaker 5: Oh what is mommy dearest?
Speaker 2: What Faye Dunaway?
Speaker 1: Okay, if it was nineteen seventy eight, or maybe that was in the eighties, what came out?
Speaker 2: And you don't have to humiliate me when I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: What came out in twenty seventeen. Don't make me do the dance or sing the song Raiders of the Lost Dark City of Stars. It was Lola Land. Oh and vers City of Stars. That song you would freaking torment me with for days. You did you have this thing for Ryan Gosling for a minute, and you would play it every day.
Speaker 2: None of what you're saying is true.
Speaker 6: And you had the.
Speaker 1: Choreography for when they do the you know, the little dance in the movie light and you would do the Ryan Gosling part all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 3: You don't remember twenty seventeen as well as I do.
Speaker 2: Did it burn in your memory or something? I don't? I don't. I don't see star.
Speaker 1: Are you shining just for me?
Speaker 2: Awful star? There's so much that I can't say. You're right right right?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Stop stop.
Speaker 5: This is the scene inside the Costco when they unveiled the new Pokemon cards.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I don't remember that from La La Land.
Speaker 2: Bro stop.
Speaker 3: I remember bro being a thing.
Speaker 5: Why why did this become Why did this become a thing that people were arguing that fighting over Pokemon cards?
Speaker 3: Pokemon, it's not the poke very popular.
Speaker 5: It's not the Pokemon of the young kids with the poke I'm on on your phone thing. This is the Pokemon cards. You're gonna have to is there, I don't know, to a more granular level than that. So there's Pokemon cards and there's the app with the game. It's all one universe. They're collectible card games. What I don't quite I don't know. I don't know how does this connect with your phone to make a thing?
Speaker 3: We're gonna say we sound a candle right now.
Speaker 2: But is there anything I want to ask you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, is there anything that you've gone into a store to look for and we're willing to physically fight people for. And I don't mean toilet paper or food, I mean, like us.
Speaker 3: Not since not since the.
Speaker 1: Not since the what were they called the cabbage patch calls or the jingle Bear?
Speaker 2: I don't know. A jingle bear.
Speaker 1: Jingle Bear was a holiday bear that I believe was sold at Macy's at the time, or it may have been Mervin's, or it may have been.
Speaker 3: Blooming I don't remember. But the jingle Bear was a thing.
Speaker 1: It was collectible, and it was very important to have the jingle Bear, just as much as it was important to have the cabbage patch doll. I'm gonna read my cabbage patch Doll's name was Marvin. I'm gonna add isn't that an.
Speaker 3: Odd name for a young girl to have a doll named Marvin? Jingle Bear was jac Penny.
Speaker 5: Okay, Penny seems more JC Penny than it does Macy.
Speaker 2: So yes, the jingle Bear was very big. Lady, ask the question, but add an age element to it.
Speaker 5: Over the age of twenty four, is there something you'd walk into a store and want to buy to the point that you're willing to go to fisticuffs.
Speaker 1: Over the jingle Bear? This was the jingle Bear. If you're unfamiliar, have you ever seen this before?
Speaker 5: I don't know if I've seen that one, but I threw about fifty of those away after my parents died.
Speaker 1: This is specifically the jingle Bear. It's not just a stuffed animal.
Speaker 5: It's a stuffed animal, so it's not, okay, going to reignite your four season.
Speaker 3: The jingle Bear was a little different.
Speaker 5: My mom had every year from like nineteen eighty nine through the year two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know if it was jingle Bear.
Speaker 3: But so hell yeah, you didn't even ask me.
Speaker 2: Hell no, nasty dust ridden.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the jingle bear had a little hat where its ears stuck out, like this one.
Speaker 3: He was really Ce, wasn't he? I love Jingle Bear, I quit.
Speaker 2: Terra in the skies when we come back.
Speaker 5: And also the story about smartphone use that's now leading to hallucinations in our children. People, we keep doing all of these stories, yet you're still eager to give your kid a new phone because they're lying to you about feeling disconnected from their friends.
Speaker 1: One of my girlfriends, her daughter has a phone now, and she looked at her phone recently and.
Speaker 2: Mine field right there, it's a minefield.
Speaker 1: And it's not the first time I've heard this story. I've heard it from other people too, with kids that are, you know, just embarking on puberty. And she's texting a kid in her class and it's like, I love you so much. I love you so much. I love you to the boon and back and all the things right. And my girlfriend goes, so, do you talk to this person?
Speaker 3: You know, this kid?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, no, I would never.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: But it was the same thing when we were kids.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was in eighth grade or something and boy asked me out to be his girlfriend at recess. It was like yes, and then you separated and you never spoke to him again, and then like two weeks he would break up with you through like six different people. But you never spoke in the time that you were boyfriend and girlfriend. It's just now all via text message. I think it's the same stuff that we're losing our heads over, just in a different form.
Speaker 5: But even that, even if you don't talk for two weeks, there was a beginning and an end that involved human communication.
Speaker 3: No, it did not.
Speaker 1: There was no communication between me and Chris Nurse, but there was.
Speaker 2: All humans involved.
Speaker 3: He's from the East Coast. He was a new kid.
Speaker 2: Oh I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we had a class of eighteen girls and six boys, so we were ready for some fresh meat. There's a reason why I sympathize with the mountain lions.
Speaker 2: So you were the monkeys and he was the deer.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Gary, I just thought you'd not to know. If it was a complete collection of Jingle Dough bears, it's worth between twelve and fifty thousand dollars, depending on the condition it's not the bears are. If they're really poor, it's worth at least six thousand. No it's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll find that.
Speaker 1: It's like my beanie baby, the Princess Die of one. It's very lucrative. I keep it in pristine condition. Do you have with a little rose.
Speaker 3: It's all purple.
Speaker 1: Be any baby with little rose on it. My aunt gave it to me circa nineteen ninety four. Yeah, it was before she before she died. I'm sorry, don't be ridiculous. That's why it's so expensive and pricey. Why it's an heirloom.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you're gonna pass it on to family, like niece, nephew, something like that.
Speaker 1: You're just upset that you squandered your jingle bear fortune. Trust me, you're like the guy that threw out that two thousand dollars statue in the garbage in Europe.
Speaker 2: That one guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not like that guy. I threw away old dusty teddy bears if they were jingle bears. They're not just teddy bears.
Speaker 2: It's time for tearing the guys.
Speaker 6: Fight narrow and lay the day off.
Speaker 4: Roger, get off my plane, Roger, Roger, what's our vector, Victor?
Speaker 2: I have with these muffy pine and snakes on this money?
Speaker 6: It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Skies on KFI.
Speaker 1: Has my four shot Friday ruined my invite to Super Bowl party?
Speaker 2: No? But I will say it's on thin ice.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll start good behavior right now.
Speaker 2: Okay? Is it because they're starting to wear off?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Is your heart still beating way too fat?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Have you ever flown Spirit? You ever flown Spirit Airlines?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 5: Spirit Airlines is announcing a new dress code this week.
Speaker 2: It's shaking up. It's in flight policies.
Speaker 5: You must not wear revealing clothing or display offensive tattoos.
Speaker 3: How Unamerican these are?
Speaker 6: These?
Speaker 1: I mean, are we not boobs in your face and tattoos exposed in this country?
Speaker 5: These are the updated terms of their contract of carriage, which means that passengers are prohibited from wearing sea through outfits, exposing private parts, or displaying leud of seen or offensive body art.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't be able to wear your mesh crop top.
Speaker 2: Probably not right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean the example that I've seen over and over again in Spirit in this story is these to these two women, same women. No, No, I mean they're sitting together. I mean they're both kind of wearing crop tops. But I know, and then the picture of the two of them, also the bathroom selfie with the duck lits.
Speaker 1: Those are but this is what every young woman wears in America. You're gonna see cleavage, You're gonna see a spaghetti string tank top, spaetti strapped tank tops.
Speaker 2: I would just be worried that you'd be'd.
Speaker 3: These boobs are not out and about.
Speaker 1: These are boobs that are firmly in the tank top and they're living their life.
Speaker 3: But this is not egregious. Do you think this is egregious?
Speaker 2: No, this is a trip to target.
Speaker 5: Well, especially if it depends on where they're going, like are they flying to Miami.
Speaker 2: That makes perfect sense that they're going to wear.
Speaker 3: That, But that's overdressed for Miami.
Speaker 5: But airplanes are notoriously cold. I'm always cold on an airplane.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're worried about the breasts comfortability in terms of them being cold.
Speaker 5: Actually meaning I'm not talking an individual. You got to put a sweater on that one and a down jacket.
Speaker 2: On the other.
Speaker 1: Be hot, sometimes it can be cold. You got a layer, a lot of layers. These women have sweaters on airplanes?
Speaker 2: Are boots? What are you talking about airplanes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes airplanes are hot, Yeah, so you got to treat it with layers, tank top, shirt, jacket so you can adjusts as needed.
Speaker 5: A couple in Englewood is suing Jet Blue after a block of ice crashed through their roof of their home just about eight o'clock New Year's Day twenty twenty four. Michael and Leah were peacefully in their home on West one oh second Street. The chunk of ice, described as about the size of a watermelon, allegedly fell from a Jet Blue airplane as it was on route to Lax from New York. They said the ice block landed directly over their bed and that they barely escaped serious injury. FAA found that the plane had a history of potable water issues that dated back to July of twenty three, when that same plane was responsible for a similar incident dropping ice on a home in Massachusetts. The complaints said that they needed a new place to live because they felt unsafe in their home. They now suffer from emotional distress. They cannot use ice in their ice water.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear something weird that just proves the universes listening to us? Yes, I had started playing connections. Well, I had the connections screen up and then we started talking about cabbage patch dolls and jingle Bear. Sure, cabbage Patch. What is involved with connections today? What are the odds?
Speaker 2: Pretty high?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Nope, Okay, your phone's listening to you.
Speaker 1: I mean right, But it's the same for everybody. It's not like it's a specific connections Do.
Speaker 2: You know that for sure? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh well in that case, never mind. Smartphones are killing our kids. They're killing our kids. They're killing our kids. That's very provocative. Smart phones are killing our kids.
Speaker 3: They're not killing our kid.
Speaker 5: They are killing our children, okay, one by one, and we're just sitting there gleefully looking like the fat slob mayonnaise people in wally and letting it happen.
Speaker 3: Is this like when MTV killed the children?
Speaker 5: No, that just made them drug addict, sex fattled fiends. This is actual physical damage. Okay, I'm not overstating. I'm not saying it to be provocative.
Speaker 1: Well let's see, Deborah, were you part of the MTV generation?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I really wasn't that into it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there, their hypothesis has failed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'll reconnoiter and come back and figure it out.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary Schennon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Stories that we are following.
Speaker 5: President Trump is on his way to California today to get a view of wildfire damorrhage. We are expecting, by the way, rain over the next couple of days, Clouds and breezes expected tomorrow morning. Showers coming in by tomorrow afternoon. Sticking with us for about forty eight hours. Anywhere from a half an inch to as much an inch and a half that could be possible. Most area is probably gonna look at about three quarters of an inch, but the red flag warnings are expired. California is going to spend about two and a half billion dollars to help the whole area recover from the deadly wildfires. This package was signed into law yesterday by Governor Newsom and includes two and a half billion for the emergency disaster response efforts like evacuations, sheltering survivors, removing household hazardous waste. Lawmakers also approved four million for local governments to streamline the approvals for rebuilding people's homes. Another billion sorry another million dollars to support school districts and help them rebuild any facilities that may have been damaged in the fires.
Speaker 1: That's seventeen year old who shawn and killed a student in Nashville at the high school. Live streamed part of the crime. It's according to kick that's the platform he used. Companies said the account that posted the video was quickly banned, company removed it. Guy killed a female student Wednesday at Antioch High School before wounding a second student then committing suicide. I said that the shooter was influenced by Internet content that was harmful and objectionable.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a long time before I stopped touting this.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying I'm perfect because my kids had phones when they were teenagers.
Speaker 2: But we're getting.
Speaker 5: More and more and more evidence that smartphones, specifically for kids, are not helpful. Scientists have concluded that the younger someone starts using their smartphone, the more likely they are to be crippled by a bunch of psychological problems. They survey eight teams between thirteen and seventeen years old, United States and India Sapian Labs. The addiction psychologist, doctor Nicholas Cardaris was not part of the team, but did look at the study said people don't fully appreciate the hyper real and hyper immersive screen experiences can blur reality at key stages of development.
Speaker 2: I've noticed this in social media to a degree.
Speaker 5: There was a video that showed up on my timeline yesterday that showed Air Force One flying by an an.
Speaker 2: Aircraft carrier out in the Atlantic.
Speaker 5: It wasn't real, but enough people believed that it was real that they were commenting on why would they blow that much money to fly Air Force One on a training mission passed an American aircraft carrier? Were so easy, We're so gullible. In many cases, screen time essentially acts as a toxin that stunts both brain development and social development. The younger a kid has given a device, the higher the likelihood of mental health issues later on. In this survey, again it's called the Youth Mind Rising aggression and anger, thirty seven percent of thirteen year olds, thirty seven percent reported experiencing aggression. Compare that with a quarter of the seventeen year olds. Twenty percent of the thirteen year olds said they suffered from hallucinations. Twenty percent like.
Speaker 1: What what kind of hallucinations? Are we talking about like about for two weeks.
Speaker 5: On meth hallucinations, responded said they could pose harm to themselves. Forty two percent of American girls and twenty seven percent of boys admitted to problems with suicidal thoughts. Now, again, I don't know how you compare that. Necessarily, you'd have to go back and compare that to numbers from the eighties, for example, or nineties when phones were not you bick. But the majority of these teenagers said they had feelings of the majority feelings of hopelessness, guilt, anxiety, unwanted, strange thoughts. More than forty percent reported a sense of detachment from reality from mood swings, withdrawal, traumatic flashbacks. One of the chief scientists of Sapient Labs that did the study says, once you have a phone, you spend a lot less time with in person interaction, and the less you have in person interaction, the less integrated you are into the real social fabric. And we, we we adults, we normal people, have to model the right behavior for the people who are coming after us, which means we have to maintain friendships.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 5: We have to go out and put ourselves into social situations that make us uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I think I should be invited to the super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: You are why you keep saying that as if there's a Well, I'm not that you've.
Speaker 5: Inlighted every I mean every year, you're the one who chooses not to come.
Speaker 3: That's not true. I go to the super Bowl if I'm not coming.
Speaker 2: I've never not to go to the super Bowl party.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you've been a little cagy this year about it. Whenever I bring it up, you get a little non committal.
Speaker 4: I haven't been. I've never been, never been invited.
Speaker 3: Has Amy King been?
Speaker 4: Has Amy been?
Speaker 3: Has Amy been invited?
Speaker 4: I've been working on your show for how many years?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Out of town that day?
Speaker 3: Sorry, do you see how I ruined it?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Well, now I'm going to feel bad for what just you know, No, you're totally invited. If you invited Amy, I haven't, haven't anybody.
Speaker 5: Email has not gone out yet.
Speaker 3: It's so okay, It's okay, Elmer.
Speaker 4: I was just kidding Gary, It's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 1: I see a guy across the street, the guy that we see every day, security guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he also looks like he could use a good time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does big twelve o'clock hours.
Speaker 2: See your plus one.
Speaker 3: We come back Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app