Speaker 1: It is Friday.
Speaker 2: Well, Friday is going to be a beautiful day, dude.
Speaker 1: I was gonna sit at home tonight, yeah, and not go to kid rock, you know, And the pressure got to you. My buddy Tony Thornton said, Hey, going to kid rock, just going down there by myself?
Speaker 2: Is this of the Shively Thorntons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, gotcha. Yes, So it looks like I may I may sixty chance I'm going to a kid rock.
Speaker 2: News Radio eight forty w h A. Yes, the Tony and Dwight Show, brought you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Please slow down and buckle up, don't drive.
Speaker 1: Distracted, buckle up, put the phone down, maybe and put the phone down. We wrote that all right, So I didn't know.
Speaker 2: We talked about the Kroger handbaskets yesterday. Yes, so I tweeted it out yesterday thinking that would it wouldn't have a lot of legs.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: Everyone was like, oh, yeah, they got rid of those people? Are still them?
Speaker 1: I heard I heard from somebody that works at Kroger. Let's just call him Joey. Okay, right, and Joey says if that was his real name, he says, you'd be surprised. What's not nailed down usually gets taken by the customers. Well, they the big baskets.
Speaker 2: They have locks on them, so if it goes off the parking lot, it locks up right. It's like, what do you need a basket like that for?
Speaker 1: I mean, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: So people were saying, yeah, the people were just not just stealing them and taking them home. A lot of times they just loaded up with groceries, steal the groceries in the basket, and then just throw the basket in the bushes after they're finished. And I'm like, man, that's I like those baskets.
Speaker 1: Now. I did know a guy, you know, when he was in his teens. He had a lot of Dean's milk milk Well, they call it, you know what, the uh cases. Oh yeah, you go, the plastic milk cases they would use for furniture and speaker stands.
Speaker 2: It was great, all right, show uh And then it morphed into by the way, and I know you have some of these people started admitting things that they stole.
Speaker 1: This is Twitter.
Speaker 2: So it went from the Kroger baskets to admitting something goes Yeah, we used to get in the nineties. We get drunk and accidentally leave, like uh the outlook in with their mug, like their their beer mugs and all that.
Speaker 1: I allegedly left a hockey game with a turnstile. I know, allegedly video evidence and a paper machine.
Speaker 2: But you have a chee cheese mugs. But you purchased those, you didn't steal them. So people started.
Speaker 1: Were stolen. You can't purchase chea cheese.
Speaker 2: People, So people started posting pictures of the restaurants that they've stolen the drinking looks from.
Speaker 1: I was like.
Speaker 2: Basketball tonight, Yes, University of Kentucky Walker's take on Tennessee for the third time this year. Seven something, seven twenty will be tip off, So I believe five o'clock. The pregame show starts with KSR and then Tom Leach takes over after the KSR guys uh gus. It is five pm. Ontario is out.
Speaker 3: Perfect ASR Fellaws will be in Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Perfect perfect, perfect. It's a good time in India. A lot of people are going to travel, but understand that sixty five corridor going there and back will be about thirty five miles an hour because it's just overloaded with people trying to get there from Lexington and Louisville and everywhere else, and a lot of people don't have tickets. They're just going to party in Indianapolis. So have a great time tonight. Purdue is the follow up game afterwards. It looks like about nine forty five or nine fifty for the tip between Purdue and.
Speaker 1: Houston.
Speaker 2: Houston, that's right.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gonna be a great game of tickets up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot done into the category of a lot. Look, look, look that'd interesting when they set it up like that. Gus has been there, I have been there, so our boss now, Christy Beebe, she got tickets years ago last time louis was there, I think, and she purchased the tickets and they were like twenty a throw or something. Right, Well, she's thinking.
Speaker 1: I'm a twenty row.
Speaker 2: There is a giant space between the floor and the first row, and then and surprise, you're about fifty yards to one hundred yards away from the from the court. So when you buy twenty throw tickets, you're like, oh my gosh, I'm right now.
Speaker 1: You're the floor.
Speaker 2: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: When the Final four in Houston, it was like it's not the astrodome anymore. What is it?
Speaker 3: No, No, no, NRG study energy state next to.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, it's right there. And why haven't they demolished the astrono because that's where the bears.
Speaker 2: No, that is true, the bad news bears plate.
Speaker 1: It's a historic ran down. You can't take it down. No, buttermaker grates those fields. You can't tear that.
Speaker 2: Plus the big scare of the killer bees in the nineteen seventies, they pulled the car in with it and then turned the AIRTI on and they killed the bees to save the world.
Speaker 3: Forgot this historic Huh, you're losing I don't know that.
Speaker 1: That was the seventies movie. Are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You don't know that Killer Bees crack up book. Yeah, that's how they saved the world is they they got a pinto. The bees were attracted to the Pinto because it looked like a bee, and so all the killer bees went to the car. They towed the car with people inside it because they were trying to get through the little cresses and the killer bees are trying to get through them, and the kids were like scared, and they pulled the Pinto into the astrodome, shut the doors.
Speaker 1: Turn on that air conditioning. Open up a history book every once in a while, Gus, what is the matter? Say? The astrodom saved?
Speaker 3: I was out that day in school when they taught that one.
Speaker 1: But how did it end?
Speaker 2: One bee stuck through the concrete?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Bangkok? What's that name? But what's the name of that eighties song? One night in Bangkok? Mad?
Speaker 2: Uh? Have you seen the video of the earthquake and Bangkok?
Speaker 1: It's it is? I'm not laughing. I apologize.
Speaker 2: It is so crazy. Buildings are, buildings are collapsing. It's seven point seven is the earthquake, And it lasted a pretty good time. Whole buildings are are gone. And a lot of those rooftop yeah, the pools, yeah, turned into waterfalls because it's shaking so much. The water is water falling out of the pool.
Speaker 1: I don't see how you trust one of those rooftop Like, could you imagine having the condo right underneath one of those damn things? No, me, neither. That's a that's a that's a hard pass. Right.
Speaker 3: There's a movie out right now, that's the trailer for it, where the some guy and the CIA is trying to find his yes and you see there's it looks like a pool between he.
Speaker 1: Cracks the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's uh, he's the it's the computer nerd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, is it the assassin. But his desire for revenge, he doesn't have it anymod He's going to find a way.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. So thoughts and prayers. Bangkok? You got that song? Can you find that song that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that'll make him feel better. Gush if we play that show, I think it will sure you lost your home. But listen to this Bangkok, the oriental city named the band the Bangkokians. There it is there, we go sure, hold this is the clean version that it is. It's no dirty version Bangkok. It's not exactly clean clean.
Speaker 3: Well it's talking about Bangkok, which is a yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 1: It's wild. I think. Uh.
Speaker 2: Savannah on the Today Show mentioned there's seventeen million people live in Bangkok. It's is that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Three times New York City? That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's where the guys you might want to ask your son this the naval guys go there.
Speaker 1: I guess oh you know yeah, yeah, is that how it's got his name?
Speaker 2: No, no, stop, you're so dirty wondering you're just dirty, dirty one time.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenties guy who did to sing this? Well, we got Mike, he's from the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 2: Tonight is opening night for the Louisville Bats. Yeah, you can listen to the game on ten.
Speaker 1: Eighty and you can enjoy six dollars number one, Marguerite does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two dollars beers, two dollars beers tonight eighty one degrees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be It's on ten eighty, right, guess or seven nighties.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, mostly it's gonna be on seven nineties, but ten eighty is in play every once in a while. And of course basketball tonight, all the crazies are going up to Indy. It's gonna be a blessed up there, so please govern yourself accordingly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the university could tucky Wildcat fans travel pretty well.
Speaker 2: I don't know where this UFL president's story is, but I think it has legs. I'm calling it now that this this story about the replacing the she left and replaced automatically with the new guy, is really sketchy at this point for me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then there was an individual on d RB. Last night there was another professor that was playing audio he recorded from one of their meetings, and I was like, I couldn't of course, Jackie's talking, so I can't hear what.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know anything about that.
Speaker 2: You try to listen to the Yes, honey, I'll take the garbage out. I couldn't understand what they were saying. But I think this story is not going to go away.
Speaker 1: That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm agreeing with what Jack Nicholson did in the shining so stupid, but I can understand it here. All right.
Speaker 2: Uh so, Gus, you and your son, you are you guys go watch high school basketball and all that. Did you all have plans to go to Sweet sixteen at all?
Speaker 3: And I did not. I'll be honest with you. The regional tournaments seem to be a little bit better for me because it's a pack gym. Right, I got like to go to Owensboro to the third region. I know there's some other ones that are really good around the state. Right, I'm not sure going to make that one over there, But I just thought.
Speaker 2: It was convenient that the two Jefferson County teams have to play each other in the first round.
Speaker 1: Huh huh the two that's done, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh it's eid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Those are really hard. Yeah, those are really hard to face.
Speaker 2: Convenient The only two Jefferson County teams have to play each other in the first round.
Speaker 1: How in the world could I have cheated? I pulled this piece of paper out of this box.
Speaker 2: I would get what.
Speaker 1: I'm not a magician. My name's not Houdini. What kind of witchcraft is this? They up and up, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: They admit that they don't like the Jefferson County teams. They have admitted many, many times. They do their best to make sure the Jefferson County teams don't win. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: They don't. They don't deny it.
Speaker 3: General consensus out in the state that many people do not like Louisville slash Jefferson County. We are the island.
Speaker 1: We're an island.
Speaker 3: We're the bad people.
Speaker 1: We're an island.
Speaker 3: What happens here? Lexington people? They you know, it's like Luxton's got some the same issues. Yeah, yeah, Lexington's fine.
Speaker 2: Uh no, but it is the Red and Blue go deeper than that. Right, the just political affiliation and cards and cats. We did this topic on the dolls years ago, and people refs would call from eastern Kentucky and they said, darn right, we do like. They didn't argue insane. They didn't say no, no, no, we don't do that. We haven't tigranny. They were like, no, no, no, we do that. You better you better win out right.
Speaker 1: What ain't no city boy gonna win around these parts? Hang on, but sir, that's on the court.
Speaker 2: Don't you worry about the court?
Speaker 1: Well, you can't spit sissy boys. Where are you from? Boy?
Speaker 2: Shively?
Speaker 1: What's that? What is that? Shy?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Boy, No, sir, I live on Man's Lick Road. Sir, I'm sorry, Man's Lick Road, you say, technically, technically it's Trinity Hills.
Speaker 2: Matthews, I'm sorry, mister spit guy.
Speaker 1: Mister spit guy. It's a Friday, and we're both pretty damn tired.
Speaker 2: It's already done, okay, so let's do I don't know if I have enough time for another story here. I have. I have a story about the Bank of Mom and Dad, which basically is how much are parents right now, gen X parents paying for their adult children to help them survive. It's the highest number in history of the history of the country.
Speaker 1: I gotta hear this number.
Speaker 2: And again it is. It's a it's a big number.
Speaker 1: So okay, So by by by the parents paying for the children to survive, yes, you mean they're supporting their kids. Kids are living at home. Correct.
Speaker 2: And a lot of times I have a job. We're the forgotten generation. So then yeah, and a lot of times we have older parents that need assistant. So now they're taking care of mom and dad or mom or dad and look, and you do it because you're a parent and you want your kid to have a better wife, so you help them, you know, pay their rent.
Speaker 1: At some point, you're not doing the kid any favorite.
Speaker 2: No, clearly, at some point you have to say you're cut off.
Speaker 1: My wife tells me that a lot. Yeah, most Yeah, it's not just finances. You can withhold lots of stuff from people. So I wanted to do we do Do we do the number now?
Speaker 2: Or do we call the radio teas You're such a teaser radio teas. What I want to do it's talk about we grow hair, Indie go. Do we grow hair indie dot com. He going up to the game today, whip on buying doing an appointment. You can do the evaluation, Dwight online.
Speaker 1: Yes, I it in my kitchen with my iPad and I wasn't even wearing pants. No, but you could wear pants when you do yours. It's encouraged.
Speaker 2: So go a week where hert indie dot com getting new hair, look better, feel better, perform better.
Speaker 1: Dwight, you got the joke of today. Oh, I do have joker day. I almost walked out. I'm daydreaming today. Man, there you are, Oh Lee, it's more coffee shake these cops.
Speaker 2: Let me smack you around.
Speaker 1: Good, Yeah, off your break, I'll smack your hey fowls. Sitting around Last night, Susan was in in session in Frankfurt. I was having a couple of the kilas, and I well, I started to remember the last thing my grandfather said before kicking the bucket. Oh really yeah, he said, uh hey, little fat Dwight. Once see how far I can kick this bucket.
Speaker 2: All right, that is your joke of the day, Marks twenty eighth if you believe it. Twenty twenty five Back after this, before the first talk about Jefferson Animal hostege.
Speaker 1: Jefferson Animal Hospital. Folks, so let me ask you a question. Is your dog over fifty pounds? Is your cat over ten pounds? If so, they can become pet blood donors. Now they were talking about just giving blood like you and I do. But listen to this. Every donation you get from your dog, your cat, that can save the lives of four to six other pets. That's huge. But not just saving lives is the only benefit. No, there's benefits for you and your pet as well. Talking about examinations, vaccines, all kinds of stuff come with it. They're a benefit for you and your pet as well. To find out more called nine hundred pets, that's nine hundred pets, or visit pet bloodbank dot com at Jefferson Animal Hospital on the outer loop all right, more on the way and news Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 4: And now missing when a high rise building collapsed to the ground of this thirty story skyscraper was still under construction, and dozens of those workers are now reportedly trapped under.
Speaker 1: The rubble.
Speaker 2: Is Bangkok. Thank you, MiG our listener, She says, it's Mary mar that said. Details details the earthquake is awful seven point seven. A lot of people are dead and now they're going to be homeless too, because the reporter for ABC News here she just mentioned the collapse. If you go online or watch the news today, you'll see that it looks like about a twenty five story building. It's under construction but looks like almost finished, and it just crumbled to the ground. And obviously people and some construction workers are in there and they haven't figured it out yet. So we're going to continue to tease you through the bottom of the hour on the bank of mom and dad and how much gen X is supporting their adult children. It's the highest number ever. As matter of fact, five years ago was the highest note number ever, and a couple of years before that it was the highest number ever. So it keeps climbing up. And obviously, with inflation and the lack of good paying jobs, these kids that have been getting out of adults need some assistance. So I'll tell you what the numbers are when we get back. I also want to remind you I've got my new glasses on from Vision First I Care went over there got two new pair because they're like, didn you go last year and get some glasses I did, but my prescription changed. And these the two new glasses. I can't wear the other ones. So because this one's a new vision firstiicare dot com vision FIRSTI caare dot com. Check your prescription.
Speaker 1: It might have changed.
Speaker 2: All right, back after this, we'll take a short break and I'll tell you about the bank of Mom and Dad.
Speaker 1: After this news radio way forty way chance Eddie mahoney baby hoodah to me, he is dead. He is dead. I meet him once.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Yeah, he was doing a casino show in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I've got the greatest meeting uh Eddie Munney story ever. When he was in town. He I was on WQ morning show. He was at the door to let us come in, Yeah, to get interviewed. Yeah, he left him out because you thought he was home. I thought he was a homeless guy. Such a jerk. I thought it was a homeless guy.
Speaker 2: But things changed quickly, Austin because a couple of years before that, he came in with an entourage and had a green He had a green alligator suit on, bright green alligator suit on that matched all the way from the top of his head down to his shoes.
Speaker 1: But this particular time he showed up at six o'clock in the morning, just took a cab there from his hotel. He was in pajama Bottom's hair was dishoveled. He had like an army jacket on. I'm like, we had just moved into the building. I said, I'm not let this guy. Seems like he really embraced that. Later he did, so somebody let him in. Somebody let him in. He walked in behind me. He goes, what do you let me in? And went any money? I'm so sorry. I thought you were a homeless guy. Yeah, and things.
Speaker 2: Narratives can get out of control too, because they were like, oh, he's a former New York cop. He always said, no, dude, I interred, He goes, I interned for a summer filing papers.
Speaker 1: I was not a cop. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's the story. The Bank of Mom and Dad Austin your generation is the most slacker, favorite bank Slacker, just your favorite bank, the Bank of Mom and Dad. Here you go.
Speaker 1: Remember, since day one, the.
Speaker 2: Numbers keep getting worse. If gen X propping up their kids financially, adulting is hard, Yes, it's expensive, So the number in twenty twenty three was forty five percent. The number last year was forty seven percent. It's gone up to one half fifty percent of all adults that have adult children living at the house and they're or propping them up financially, the bank of mom and Dad is giving on average fifteen hundred dollars a month per adult child.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, who can afford that? Man? Eighty three percent? Right, if they're living at home. Well, some of them are living at home. Some of them okay, yes, pay your rent so you won't live at home. Well, at some point that might be worth it to me at some point because.
Speaker 2: America, look cars, if you get a new car close to a new car, the car payment's five hundred dollars a month. Insurance has won seventy five or it used to be thirty bucks a month for us and gas. Yeah you know, that's that's a lot of money per month.
Speaker 1: Just have a car, and the younger you are, the higher the insurance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, uh so. Eighty three percent buy their groceries for them. Sixty five percent pay their cell phone bill.
Speaker 1: Oh it's my parents fifty foot.
Speaker 2: There you go. There's always one thing y.
Speaker 1: Who whoa whoa, whoa wa. But do they have if they pay for your cell phone, do they have access to your text and pictures? No?
Speaker 2: No, there you go over half do health insurance. I don't mind that because you can keep them on your insurance till they're twenty six.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sixty three percent of adults with adult children pay their mortgage or rent sixty three percent.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's almost half.
Speaker 2: Forty four percent for cars, tuition, the school expenses forty five percent. It's just it's very expensive and parents just do it. But at some point you have to you have to say okay, like Alan Mecurio for me Curial Walter Advisers. He tells his famous story to where he kept coming at when he first got married. They got married to like twenty one and she was like twenty and he kept going to his dad for help. And he said the last time he sat at the kitchen table in the south side out in the valley and his dad slid him a check, and when he was trying to grab the check, he touched his hand and said, last one.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like Polly and Gad. He had an envelope of Cashiota and he goes now I gotta turn my back on you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Last When he says last one, he goes and that's the last time I took money from my dad. He goes in, and it triggers something in your brain. You're like, okay, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Triggered something in my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got a puppy face, Like if you go home and just start going dad.
Speaker 1: I need some help. Ball.
Speaker 5: I have the advantage of being the firstborn out of the three that I lived with, so that always gets us a ghost. Well, trying to get them to pay for my wedding is also a fun deal. Now they act like they don't have the money for that. Yeah, what's up with your parents?
Speaker 1: I will say, there's not much I wouldn't do for my son. So where Adam? Let me? Yeah, I'm up son. Lemmy the dog? What's so funny? The dog? Okay, you're showing your ignorance. It's twenty twenty three, man K nine, American, he's not right in the Heady Knine American. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Dwight's brain and soul is so screwed up, but I think it's dead even with Lemmy. You have PTSD.
Speaker 1: HDHD PTSD ADHD, OCD and depression.
Speaker 2: All diagnosed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all diagnosed and let me right behind you perfect. Oh sneeze it in here, Philip Perkins? What are you doing trying to ky? Philip Perkins has walked in future of fighting? Hey what Philip? How are you doing? Man? Good? How you guys doing this morning? Doing great? You got a fight coming up tomorrow night? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like I should be worried about getting my parents to pay for my wedding or see how I'm gonna get a bill.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a thing for me. So we're gonna talk about the fight, but first I want to talk about the pay per view. You were a coach in a paper, can't Is it August? Yeah? It's last August. Yep.
Speaker 2: When you work a corner, is that is it called a coach or a manager or was it a.
Speaker 1: Coach or corner to be on what? So?
Speaker 6: Most of the time it's both. With this one, I was just kind of a corner. They kind of needed somebody to come in and they called me, decided to use me and got the opportunity to fly out to Abu Dhabi and coaching a dabbi.
Speaker 1: I got a joke I got a joke, what's the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. People in Dubai don't like the flip flintstones, but people in Abi Abi Dabi do. I mean to try damn it. You need to try hard.
Speaker 2: But the term is dude, work in the corner right. You don't know anything day, it's working the corner ahead. My wife used to do that, stop it, stop it stop, So that was fun.
Speaker 1: Was cool opportunity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that level of coach in the UFC corner in the UFC and get that knowledge, be able to bring it back and use some of that to put towards our show future fighting over there?
Speaker 2: Do they teach you better or worse because you're American?
Speaker 1: Where we were at they treated you great. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a tourist area, so yeah, very good experience over.
Speaker 1: Could you tell a difference in the fighter that you were in the corner of Can you tell the difference that because because it was a pay per view and global the nerves were higher or not? No, I don't think for him it was.
Speaker 6: I think for more For that it was the change in time and it was one hundred and fifteen degrees there. You had to fly across the world, so I think you know it's hard to get on a new sleep schedule.
Speaker 1: How long how okay, that's a great point. How long in advance? How far a I asked, do you get to Abba dabi to try to adjust to this because NBA, NFL they all go out, you know on West Coast games, which is only three hours abadabi. What's the time difference? I want to say ten hours time? So how how fear an advanced you get out there? Because it can't be cheap?
Speaker 6: About a week? It was about a week, Yeah, it was wasn't a cheap trip.
Speaker 2: Do you have to have conversations with the fighters and everybody else that's traveling to there because there were different rules and not rule I guess rules and traditions that you might not know you're doing. You're not doing something and they're like, dude, you can't do that.
Speaker 6: In the street, we're just very careful. You know a lot of people I'm sorry, I don't know the right name, but they were wearing the face covers or outfits. We just try to be respectful and not really looked too much at anybody, just because we didn't.
Speaker 1: Know what was what.
Speaker 6: No eye contacts, but some people everybody was different. Some would walk by you, some would say hi. So we just kind of went with the flow. But everybody there where we were at, we're very very nice. It was, that's all serience. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was up trying to have a conversation with one of them, but it was like, uh.
Speaker 2: So gaming has been passed in almost thirty states. I mean Kentucky finally got it last year or whatever. This this it takes UFC and into a different realm. Is is that that? It's it's gonna help it exponentially.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you agree with that for sure.
Speaker 2: And those you're you know, these fights are all on like Draft Kings and all that. You can find these fights on these betting apps.
Speaker 1: My favorite place to lose money.
Speaker 6: But if you if you've seen how I coached in corner and then you went down my DraftKings and saw the difference, you wouldn't even believe it.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. I surpribed myself. But okay, but okay, let's say, okay, so you were in the a UFC pay per view, You're in a corner, can you bet? Because no, no, no, no, no no. But on all the other fights.
Speaker 2: You know, can you do prop bets on fights like who lands the first kick?
Speaker 6: Or yeah they got all that? I'm pretty sure. I don't get into that much of it. I kind of bet for fun because I know we'll lose.
Speaker 1: But Phil Philip Perkins is our guest UFC fight or MMA whatever, local guys local also, and then there's fights this weekend, Tomorrow night, Saturday night. Talk about the card and what's going on Tomorrow night, the wind where and how?
Speaker 6: Yeah sweet Tomorrow it's Future of Fighting where Louisville's only homegrown mixed martial arts event. This one's at the Kentucky Center for African American Heritage Tomorrow at seven o'clock. We have the biggest professional heavyweight MMA fight ever in Louisville.
Speaker 1: Going on.
Speaker 6: We have the number one rank pro in Florida, Joshua marsh fighting the number one rank pro in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Austin Green actually fights out of Eatown, Kentucky, so he's semi local. But this is by far the biggest heavyweight professional MMA fight.
Speaker 1: To come through the city. What's the date? Tomorrow night?
Speaker 6: Tomorrow night, seven o'clock at the Kentucky Center for African American Heritage. It's right down right down the street from Ye ten minutes from from your beautiful venue downtown. I've been there, so we'll put on a really nice show there for everybody. And then we just signed last week. I'm super stoked that we'll be here with you guys again June six, putting on a show at four Street Live.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're official on June six. We went last September out here and it was a blast. We had the place slam top level, bottom level, and the show.
Speaker 1: Was a great success.
Speaker 6: And I think this is the best venue for a fight in the city right.
Speaker 1: So to find Future Fighting and to get tickets, how do they do that?
Speaker 6: Future of Fighting dot com has all the tickets and pay per view. That's the only place to get it. Also at Future of Fighting MMA on Instagram is where we post a lot. We keep a lot of active stuff going. And yeah, with the UFC coming and slamming the Young Center like that, and being the fastest growing sport in the world, we're really excited to have a really quality, good quality MMA promotion here in Louisville by people from Louisville.
Speaker 2: Give me one thing, that UFC could do to improve it.
Speaker 6: The weight cut. You know, I think the guy's cutting some weight all the time. I mean, it's we're so used to that now, it's a part of the game. But if everyone just kind of fought at they're closer to their weight, I think that would save a lot of It's a lot of trouble, a lot of health problems and some things. These guys don't really know the effects it takes on them, and it'll probably just catch up with them later. So I think that's one of the one of the biggest things.
Speaker 2: It's the huge weight people drop way to win in a small.
Speaker 6: Way, they'll lose a lot of weight. They'll lose a lot of weight, and they don't do it the correct way. There's a correct way, and there's obviously not a correct way.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem is do they monitor that weight I'm sorry, do they monitor that weight the entire year? Like in high school wrestling, you weigh out in the beginning of the year and they only let you. In the old ways, you could drop as much as you want or go up, but they they won't allow you go You can only go two weight classes.
Speaker 1: Do they do that?
Speaker 2: They monitor that.
Speaker 1: Or so they should.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing is, like every person's an individual, so it's what they're what each person does. It's like a wrestling team where you have a coach hounding you. I mean, I'm telling them what I like them to do. But these are grown men and women, so they're gonna do what they want. A lot of them are on wight year round, ready to go. You can call them in a snap of a finger, they'll take a fight. But others you'll call them and they need six weeks just to get even where they can cut the weight, to make the right weight.
Speaker 1: So is MMA one of the final nails in the coffin for professional boxing because there's so many you know, there's so many different titles.
Speaker 2: What's professional boxing?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? No, exactly what? For example, I used to follow Ricky Hatton and when he retired, Jesus for me.
Speaker 6: I know, right, So, I mean, I guess it could be, but it could also keep it alive. I think the thing about boxing is if you put on a boxing fight somewhere, you have to have a certain fighter in that area to sell out that card. The USC can put any fighter from any country on any card in any city you'll sell out right, So there's a huge difference there. So I could see where it could be a nail in the coffin. But it's also given everything more juice, boxing, more juice, wrestling, more juice because people see the importance of everything that you need to fight MMA.
Speaker 1: So when are you coming out of retirement and fighting again? Never?
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, last question, So you were married, yes, sir? Okay, before you got married to the ex boyfriends of everybody who dated like you gotta hate like, oh, she's dating in a UFC fighter.
Speaker 1: Now they know.
Speaker 2: That sucks UFC fighters. It comes with a stigma.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, with some people, it does. You know what I mean, I guess the world I live in. I don't want to say, right, Yeah, you're right. I mean I guess in the world I live in. I don't experience it. I'm so engulfed in it. Yes, it's weird to me when somebody.
Speaker 1: Do you have a temper? Do you have a temper? I mean, everybody does.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely a lot more cool, calm and collected, I mean in my forties than I would have been in my twenties.
Speaker 2: The most dangerous fighter is always the one that's calm.
Speaker 1: That's why I was getting that. If you're a fighter, you got to control your temple, because if you lose your temple, that's where you go south. Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we you don't have a reason to fight all the time or prove yourself because you already prove yourself every day and you already fight. So it's not it's just a complete different outlook on that. So Tomorrow night, Yes, Yes, Tomorrow night, Future of Fighting six at the Kentucky Center for African American Heritage. Tickets and pay per view online at Future of Fighting dot com. All the information Future of Fighting MMA on Instagram. Come check us out. We appreciate you guys support here, so you guys always support us. We appreciate the support of the city.
Speaker 1: We're excited to.
Speaker 6: Work with Louisville Tourism on this show and start, you know, starting to really work more with the city. And we cannot wait to come back to Four Street Live June sixth. I we're excited for this show, but the June sixth show is that's the big one for us.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to get back here. Job Future of Fighting, Future of Fighting dot com. Hey baby, that's what I'm talking about. We were talking about DraftKings. It's March, and one thing's for sure. Nothing is for sure. Upsets, buzzer beaters, Cinderella's advancing top seats, going home early. It's all gonna happen, and it all starts now. The unexpected, Bet the upset, Bet whatever you want every day with Draft Kings sports Book book with betting, exclusive content, promos, parlays. DraftKings. It's the ultimate college destination for March. First time, No problem, here's something special just for you. New Draftking customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly bet the unexpected with DraftKings Sportsbook. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook at now and use code WHS. That's called WHS for new customers. Get two hundred dollars in bonus bet when you just bet five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem called one hundred. Gambler must be eighteen years or older, Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources, cdkang, dot Co, slash Audio, stick Around, more on the Way, News Radio eight forty whas