Speaker 1: Yea ripped off news.
Speaker 2: Need advice, so you don't.
Speaker 3: Have come running. Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come man, This is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make your life just a little easier. Today we're gonna be talking a bunch of stuff, but here's the bottom line. Today is all about personal economy, what we're living with, what to do about it, and also real estate and anything near and dear to.
Speaker 5: Your heart in pocabook.
Speaker 4: But personal economy that means keeping more of the money you earn, earning more money if you can, avoiding scams, lyar sheets, rip offs, and getting them almost value. Our biggest problem is, and I don't know how to put this, but I swear to you I've tracked it. During the last couple of recessions. I lived through two of them. I mean more than that, probably, but two major ones that I remember in my life, actually three. When I first came here to Colorado in nineteen eighty, we were going into a recession, somewhat of a recession in the eighties. Then we had one in a two thousand and eight. Well, maybe there were just two. That two thousand and eight was the next big one.
Speaker 1: So the problem with.
Speaker 4: Recession is that it's brought on by the perception of reception of recession. People anticipated therefore put off making certain purchases, maybe puts off certain things, and people get a little hesitant. Let me give you an example how hesitation can create a problem that's not there. If you have a major crash on a highway, people slowing down to watch, and it has a ripple effect through traffic. That wreck has a ripple effect and it's actually a wave, and as traffic slows down, it comes to a stop, then starts up again. There's a major traffic jam right before that spot and right at that spot, even after the accident is removed. In fact, it can be for any reason. If people slow down, it's going to cause a traffic jam, no matter what, if there's nothing causing it. But people think they should slow down. People think they should stop spending a lot. People think, well, we're going into a recession, therefore I must sell off my stock I must go to cash, I must stop buying major purchases. As people think that, more and more people think it, it becomes a reality.
Speaker 5: It is totally perceptionomics. I talked about perception on HIMS back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: It did not have to happen. It was literally brought on by the fear. Recession was brought on by the fear of recession, just like a panic attack becomes a thing unto itself. Fear fear, you fear losing control. And that's really what's going on when it comes to the economy. People fear, people hold off. I have Frank brand in the real estate man with me today. Frank, your headsets right there, bro. So anyway, I'm sorry to toss that. I want to ask you something, Frank. Do you find perception omics? Does it play a role in real estate?
Speaker 5: Right now? Hey Tom, good morning.
Speaker 6: You know something, every recession, except for two thousand and eight, which was housing driven, has lowered interest rates. So what a lot of people don't realize is when rates drop like that, it makes homes more affordable, and ultimately that strengthens the prices. So I think a lot of that too. Besides two thousand and eight tends to help with interest rates.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I'm not talking about an actual perception, but the fear of a reception. Do you find customers now waiting because they're not sure what the economy is going to do?
Speaker 6: They get hesitant, Tom, because I get a lot of calls from people they say, Frank, what do you think I should do?
Speaker 5: When's the best time to sell and buy?
Speaker 6: And you send some hesitation from certain people and they say, yeah, I think we're gonna wait and see what happens here with rates, or wait and see what happens here with the economy.
Speaker 5: So I do hear it quite a bit of that.
Speaker 4: Tom, All right, So bottom line is there's no reason to wait. Our price is up down all around. Where are they, Frank?
Speaker 6: Well, right now, prices remain strong, the medians around five ninety nine and average days on markets about forty three days.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 6: So, although days on markets longer, prices still remain strong and denver, I don't see prices dropping any time.
Speaker 5: What about inventory shortage or too many.
Speaker 6: You know what, We still have a shortage except for I would say this, except for in the condo the attached market, that's been a little tougher. There's a lot more certain price segments. Tom, it's been tougher with condos. But I say, overall, we still have a housing storage. We're under three months inventory right now. Overall, All right, let me go to the phones. Three oh three seven one three talk. I want to talk to Jena about CenturyLink. Janna, what's happening with you?
Speaker 2: Hello, Janna, Hi, tell them, I'm hoping it's going on.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 8: I'm hoping you can help my sister with her landline?
Speaker 5: What happened in.
Speaker 8: Rural Albert County? And she contracts with century Link for her phone service, okay, and about three weeks ago she started having problems with her reception. She doesn't have a line.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you mean her? What do you mean her reception? It's a regular landline.
Speaker 8: It is a landline.
Speaker 5: And and what do you mean her reception? What happened?
Speaker 8: Her calls cut in and out, so she'll say a few words and then the person responding she cannot hear them, and it goes in and out and in and out.
Speaker 5: In it did you did you? Did you verify it by listening?
Speaker 9: Jenna?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yes, I've had a number of conversations that we have not been able to complete because she can't hear me.
Speaker 5: And she went, may I ask something?
Speaker 4: And I asked this of Jenna, Jenna, I asked this of everyone.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to ask you this. Does cell service get out there where she.
Speaker 4: Could have a phone that uses cell service instead, because there's pretty cheap cell services and it's just they're so much better than landlines. I'm just asking, does she have cell service out there?
Speaker 8: It's intermittent as well. And when I lived out there ten years ago, we had no sell service whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, ten years ago, you wouldn't have it.
Speaker 8: Wavers use satellite.
Speaker 5: Oh they do.
Speaker 4: So they get like a starlink or something and then and then have an IP phone. But is that too complicated for your sister.
Speaker 8: Well it's probably going to be more money than she would want to spend.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Janna, tell me what you've done about it so far?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: So she tried to get them for about two weeks and she could never get a live person on the line. So I started calling and I got somebody to call her back and set up an appointment. This was maybe a week and a half ago. So she waited close to a week for her appointment day, and they require that she'd be there from eight to five pm. They won't give her a window, which means she asked to cancel her medical appointments to stay home.
Speaker 4: Okay, So where do we stand right now? Did they ever come out or not?
Speaker 8: Four times they've broken their appointments, And I've talked to supervisors, I've talked to very nice people. I've talked to people who were blatantly lying to me about setting up appointments that no, she's never had anybody come out yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they actually have never kept an appointment. Hold on, sus, don't we have someone over at Century Link?
Speaker 5: I thought we did?
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five. I'll tell you what we're going to do. I'm going to look into our contact over there during the break. Hang on, and then we have other calls coming up. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. And remember we are here to help you solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints. So call if you have a problem right now and renew Home Innovations is the most they make the most beautiful bathrooms with sheet porcelain for your walls. The shower system backsplashes wherever you want, even wainscoting. Renew Home Innovations exclusively to them sheet genuine porcelain that is just unbelievably beautiful.
Speaker 5: They can do your shower.
Speaker 4: You're walking in just a few days, and you have various times to pay back with various interests depending on the plan. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four to two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only custom when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here in three oh three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 5: Eight two five five. As you know, calls always take priority on the show.
Speaker 4: Somebody to get to your calls where we do have an angel over at Century Link. Sue's just texted me, so we're going to send that over Jana to Sentry Link and try to get you an answer. For your sister, uh Kachina, you can get her information for follow ups. Cynthia says she believes there's a ripoff going on.
Speaker 5: Now I'm not sure what or where. So Cynthia, what's happening with you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 11: I went to an eye doctor, and you know, you put your trust in the doctor, thinking that they're really going to help you.
Speaker 5: Now what kind of an eye doctor?
Speaker 4: Was it for eye sight or something with the eyeball?
Speaker 11: With the eyeball and.
Speaker 5: Okay, so was it an ophthalmologist? Yes, okay, got it?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 11: And he so he said that I had dry eye, which, okay, that's what it is. But he sold me an electric teeated dry eye relief mask for one thousand dollars and when I go on the makers site itself, it's only one ninety nine. So I'm almost turning.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, you bought the same exact thing from the doctor, and how often do you wear this mask?
Speaker 11: You're supposed to wear it nightly for about ten minutes, and I never took it out. I only sellophane off.
Speaker 13: But he how much?
Speaker 5: How much did it cost?
Speaker 11: One thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me? And and you saw it.
Speaker 11: On salewear well on the website of the maker itself.
Speaker 5: Ah, well, what does you say about that? When you told them.
Speaker 11: He won't return my calls? That's the whole problem.
Speaker 4: Now, that doesn't sound to me like an ophthalmologist. Was this an MD? Or is this an eye doctor? An optometrist?
Speaker 5: What is it? Do you know?
Speaker 11: Let me double check he is.
Speaker 4: Because it doesn't sound it doesn't sound to me like an MD surgeon or an MD ophthalmologist.
Speaker 5: That could be doing this. He is, yes, Okay, and this is crazy.
Speaker 4: Now we can have someone get a release from you and try to call and talk to them.
Speaker 5: Did you pay for it on credit card? Yes? Why don't you?
Speaker 4: Why don't you dispute it on the credit card saying that you were missed it was misrepresented?
Speaker 11: Okay? What do I do with the product? Just keep it until he decides to do something.
Speaker 4: Well, that depends on what the credit card company says. Tell them that it was not as represented that.
Speaker 5: You could have gotten it for one ninety nine.
Speaker 4: They charge you one thousand dollars and this dispute it and I would return it to the doctor. That's what I would do, Cynthia. Now, I want you to stay in touch with us.
Speaker 5: I want to know.
Speaker 4: I want to know how that dispute goes. I'm not just telling you this to get rid of you. I mean I really want We're going to help you here. No, No, so you start that first. But listen, what's really important is you have the appointment with him, then you have the item. Did you pay one thousand dollars for the appointment and the item or just the item?
Speaker 11: I well, I went through Medicare for the appointment that was charged to Medicare, and then the thousand dollars I paid on my credit card.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good. That's the one you want to dispute. Yes, okay, there's several of these online for seventy nine dollars to two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Right, are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: I went to the maker itself, so I thought, you know, i'd be you know, with the maker, and it's like one ninety nine if I bought it from them, directly.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is unbelievable. Well, thank you for telling us about Cynthia. You do that with dispute on the thousand and then call us back and let us know. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're talking about personal economy and what's called perception omics. I'm going to give some advice here, and I hope you take it. I'm going to give some advice on perception homics. The worst thing you can do right now is knee jerk react and do a massive seller off of quality stocks. If you have quality stocks, if you have quality companies, they're not going to hell overnight. Don't need jerk react to the ups and downs. Stay the course, quality will remain quality. Everything rises and drops according to perception. That's what the entire market is. It's always perception. And the worse the perception, the more dire the perception, the higher the ups and downs. The higher the ups and the lower the downs, the more what they call volatility. But if you bought based on fundamentals of the company and not day trading up and down, you can ride through it and recover the important thing is look for buying opportunities as well. How many times has the stock market dropped? Think about that, but it always seems to rebound. Why because institutional money, all the four to one keys, all of the money invested, has to go somewhere. There is no such thing as a cash investment. There are cash parking spaces, but not investments. So where that money is flooding out of the market, that money will have to come in as it floods out, prices go down. As prices go down, there are buying opportunities for when it floods back. That's not being overly optimistic. That's looking at every single cycle that has ever happened in the stock market. Absolutely ever it's never failed. Think about that. So the perception that we're going into recession is going to cause one. Every day on the news they say so and So says there's a sixty percent chairs and then they say so and So says there's an eighty percent. They've just upgraded it from sixty to seventy percent. Chance, who is saying that, and how what metrics are they using? They have none. There's no metric to measure a recession. A recession is something that comes as a result of perception. It's people aren't feeling good about the economy, so what they do is massive sell offs.
Speaker 5: They do withdrawals.
Speaker 4: Employers in anticipation of the recession.
Speaker 5: Remember, still a perception.
Speaker 4: Employers let people off and lay people off when they really have the same exact demand, but they're anticipating less demand. Then you have consumers anticipating a recession and therefore won't buy something, and they put it off, and that causes a decrease in demand. It all happens like a herd of animals. I swear to God, and no matter how much I preach this, it happens all the time. And it's based on nothing, absolutely nothing. The absolute fundamentals have not changed. So, Frank Duran, the real estate manage would be today. I want to shift that to where it goes to real estate. Frank, what's the most you've seen the real estate fluctuate as far as houses during this time from January onward?
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 6: Tom, A really good question. The biggest fluctuate I see is obviously when you get past the holidays, right, you see that slow lower for the holidays.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it is, so prices come back pretty strong than what happened in this particular economy. We had the inauguration, everyone was up. Now we're having some hesitation, right, We're seeing some hesitation, But is it affecting the actual real estate market?
Speaker 5: So far?
Speaker 6: I've seen more of a surge this month than the previous months before. Surge meaning what like more buyers getting in the market. Really yeah, But you know, this is a strange thing, Tom, because usually you look at the last four or five years, we peaked usually around May or June. Last year we peaked in April, which was really strange.
Speaker 5: I mean, where what is it looking like?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: Are we peaking?
Speaker 4: We're starting to make that nice climb right now, But what's going to be When you say a climb, do you mean sales or buyers?
Speaker 5: I'd say both. I'd say both overall.
Speaker 6: But here's what happened last year was really strange on because we had this curveball where suddenly more inventory jumped in the market, rates had went up, buyers fell out of the market, and so May June July, when the market's really supposed to pick up momentum, Tom, we had really dropped.
Speaker 5: September was rough.
Speaker 6: But here's watch this when the rates dropped by fifty basis points. You remember when that happened. Yeah, we saw a bounce back in October. So there's if we look at it a graph, we bounced back and the market came back. So the funny thing is when rates dropped even a little bit, orcage applications went up about seven percent, which really created more demand in the market.
Speaker 4: Okay, So really, what you're saying is it's fluctuating, but in general following the same patterns up to this point. Tiny fluctuations within the general pattern.
Speaker 6: Yeah, up to this point. Tom, Now, what's what I'm watching. I believe I study the market every morning. What I'm watching is to see how we react when we get past April heading into main tune we get that real prime season. Do we peak in June again or do we do we did last year in peak in April?
Speaker 4: All Right, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show on Tom Martino three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: It is amazing to me how we go through these.
Speaker 4: Things, but we do. And the thing is we can get through them if we use common sense. By the way, fix it twenty four to seven has the extreme clean. Get it done now on your air conditioner before you have to use it, with the no breakdown guarantee up to two hours. They take that thing apart to the extent they can and clean the hell out of it.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: It's for thirty nine bucks unheard of seven two zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine fixmihome dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom martine Er three O three seven one three talks seven oh three eight two five five. We're going to talk to Marisa now about her car accident.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you something. We are here every day twenty four to seven helping people. I mean that we have our deputies that go home and they take them home with us. We get emails at night, we get texts. You can always text us twenty four to seven at this number. I want to share. I want to share it with you even now. You'll get right through to the show. Seven four seven eighty seven four seven nine nine fifty eighty. Okay, that's a twenty four hour text. You can also text while we're on the air five seven seven three nine And that's the iHeart short code.
Speaker 5: We call it. Okay.
Speaker 4: So, by the way, somebody says here in that uh in the iHeart text Tom, I had a test many years ago for dry eyes and they told me I had to get artificial tears have had for forty years.
Speaker 5: So they have used drops. You know, I've never heard of these vasts before.
Speaker 4: I mean, they sound ridiculous to me, and I think it's just a money grab. And that was a woman who called earlier. Now, Marissa, what's going on with your car accident?
Speaker 10: So I was ran over by a car And.
Speaker 5: Wait, were you a pedestrian?
Speaker 10: Yes, I was. I was on a scooter at a at a stop light, at a school zone, in a school zone. Okay, And lady me over and.
Speaker 14: She ran me over.
Speaker 10: She kept going and the cops okay, I ended up going to the hospital. While I stood on the street for good thirty maybe thirty forty minutes asking somebody called.
Speaker 5: Who called, Wait a minute, were you hold on, Melissa? Were you really hurt?
Speaker 10: Yes, she broke my legs. I couldn't walk.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. And so did they find her?
Speaker 10: They did, and I was in ICU. The cops wrote me a ticket, which I wasn't at fault, you know. So as I was in ICU, the cousin that I was with when I was on the scooter, she didn't get hurt. I threw off the scooter. I'm the only one who got hurt.
Speaker 5: She followed a well, hold on, Marissa, Marissa, Marissa, I need to ask you a bunch of questions. Did the other woman did the other woman who hit you? Did she get a ticket?
Speaker 10: No she didn't.
Speaker 5: What not even for leaving the scene of an accident?
Speaker 10: No she didn't. And the cops didn't question me, and they didn't ask about what happened. They questioned both parties. They wrote me to go one I with an ICU and I didn't even get a hand ticket. My lawyer is the lawyer that my cousin had got had told me after.
Speaker 15: I was at ICU, they gave me a ticket.
Speaker 5: And so, what did you get a ticket for, Marissa? What did you get a ticket for?
Speaker 10: Carrodige? Driving in and result of injury?
Speaker 4: And is the other person that was on the scooter with you or she hurt?
Speaker 1: Nope, she had she was on the cre.
Speaker 5: What did they what did they say about did this driver hit you or did you hit the driver?
Speaker 10: No, the driver hit me. I was at a stop light, at a center of a stop light, on the sidewalk, getting ready to go towards wat where she was going towards Federal.
Speaker 2: She was on her phone and they never talked to you.
Speaker 5: And they never even talked to you. No, when was this accident?
Speaker 10: It was on September eighteenth. I spent six and a half months. I barely got out on the end of January. Out of the at the hospital.
Speaker 5: I have twelve.
Speaker 10: Consecutive major surgeries and four skin grafts.
Speaker 4: Is anyone okay? What happened with the ticket written against you? Did you go to court yet?
Speaker 10: So I went to court and they because I didn't have a lawyer.
Speaker 15: So I had to wait and I had to file for attorney, which I did, and because I didn't make it, I caught a warm because I couldn't make it to Denver.
Speaker 10: Because the car that I purchased, they saw me a limon and just recently I started on fire. That's why told you guys. Because the dealership who I bought the car from.
Speaker 4: And Marissa, Marissa, Wait a minute, Marissa, Marissa, we were just talking about an accident. Now you're calling about a car. Which one are you calling about today?
Speaker 8: It's about my car.
Speaker 10: Hum, that's the whole.
Speaker 5: It's about the What did tell me?
Speaker 4: What this whole tell Excuse me, Marissa, excuse me? Tell me why you told me this whole story about the scooter.
Speaker 10: Because I'm telling you how this all went about about the car.
Speaker 5: But what did the accident have to do with your car?
Speaker 10: Because the money that I got from my accident, I purchased a vehicle.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, Marissa, I understand. Now hold on, just I have some questions. When you said you got money from the accident, I thought you were at fault and were given a ticket.
Speaker 5: So what kind of money did you get from this?
Speaker 10: So there was a lawyer, was an insurance claim from because.
Speaker 15: She was at fault.
Speaker 4: Okay, so your attorney did end up getting you money?
Speaker 14: Yes, I got four thousands.
Speaker 5: And how much did you get?
Speaker 10: How much it was?
Speaker 15: It was supposed to be twenty five, but I got four thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you got an attorney. And so the attorney turned that around and.
Speaker 15: No, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Did you say you didn't get an attorney. You said you got an attorney.
Speaker 10: My cousin got an attorney. When I was a nice to you, I told you that.
Speaker 5: I understand, but it was your attorney.
Speaker 10: It was our attorney. It was it.
Speaker 15: She followed a claim was a nice oh, okay for both of you.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 1: It was for both of you.
Speaker 4: So the total settlement for both of you was four? Or did she get four as well?
Speaker 15: Twenty five or more?
Speaker 5: Wish she hurt more than you.
Speaker 10: She never even bought her, nothing happened to her.
Speaker 4: Then why did she get so much? And why did you only get four?
Speaker 10: I have no idea. That's the same thing I asked all the time.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's the name of your attorney?
Speaker 10: His name is uh Jason Daikis.
Speaker 5: And when you ask him about the award? What does he say?
Speaker 10: He don't really, he didn't really say much.
Speaker 14: He don't, he don't.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to look into this case. Really, who's in the studios, Deputy bow there.
Speaker 5: Who's in the studio? We have dollar and we have chopper, Chopper. You want to look into this one. Yeah, you can look into it. You're an ex cop. Yep, you're an ex cop. Looking now, seriously, I want to know why she only got four grand the other one's got this.
Speaker 4: Now, Marisa, we will take your car problem. Okay, hold on, now that I know you're calling about a car problem, we'll get right to it. And but I'm gonna take Brian. Then I'll come back to you right after this. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget. If you need any kind of help with real estate, we got Frank Duran here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 16: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, I am sorry, I'm a little diverted here. Let's get let's get in the game here and talk about this, because I just can't believe that this woman ends up with a ticket, then gets four grand, and her person on their bike who wasn't hurt, got twenty four grand. Anyway, she then she bought a car and got ripped off. But I want to go to Brian first. I'll go back to her because Brian's been waiting a while. Brian, what's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 7: Don I uh? About six months ago, I was having a lot of pain and I went into the emergency room and what they found out was that my stomach lining was almost gone. I only had five percent stomach lining left. I had been on medication for years from my back and from a friend of mine who's a nurse said, I should never been on that medication that long, that it will really tear you up. So I'm not on it an now.
Speaker 4: Now tell me what are the permanent hold on, Brian? What are the permanent effects of that medication?
Speaker 7: It tore up my stomach lining, It got rid of ninety five percent of it, and it gave me Barrett's esophagus. I tore up my esophagust.
Speaker 4: Now what does that mean, like, for example, what do you have to do medications or tell them or surgery or what.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm calling. The other night I was It's been going on for six months now. The other night I stoped up blood. I had to go to the emergency room again. I've been the emergency room five times. I've been to a gas centologist twice.
Speaker 5: What is the what is the name of your condition? What is the name of your condition?
Speaker 12: Barrett's esophagus and Barrett's Okay, what is it? What does it meanhagus? It means that the lining in my esophagust is all torn up?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what is the treatment? If anything?
Speaker 7: That's That's why I'm calling I've done. Like I said, I've been the emergency room five times then a guest intelogists that have put me on no medications. I called and they say that the docts will get that to me. I'm on no medication.
Speaker 5: So are you are you calling listen? Are you calling about malpractice or are you calling about your esophagus?
Speaker 7: I'm calling about my stomach and my spacag because I mean, I'm in as much pain now as I was six months ago and they've put me on no medication whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Okay, have you ever thought about just switching?
Speaker 4: Have you thought about switching providers, Brian and just finding another doctor, a GI doctor.
Speaker 7: I've been to two two emergency rooms and two urgent cares, so I keep going to day and what do they and they all, well, they've taken, they take, they took and they all what did the scope when they put it down your throat? And they take pictures and everything right and.
Speaker 5: End though it's right and end though. Yeah, but there's no there's no treatment for it.
Speaker 7: I don't know. They say that the doctor.
Speaker 2: Who had you first.
Speaker 4: I want, Brian, what medication were you on for the last uh several years.
Speaker 7: Nepproxym neproxym. Yeah, five hundred milligrams a day.
Speaker 5: What's approxim for? He said, what's then approxym for?
Speaker 7: What's the approxim forts in my spine? I have our thritus in my spine and okay, now I can't take it any now.
Speaker 17: Are you?
Speaker 5: Are you looking?
Speaker 4: Are you looking to go after that doctor by the way for doing that?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: I just want I just want some kind of medication so I can heal. I can't get anybody to call me back. I can't get any doctor to prescribe anything. That's why I'm wondering if DOC is on the phone, or if you can get a hold of doc. Maybe there is no medication. Maybe I just have to give it time. Well, I would think.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm saying, have you ever listened? Do you have a primary care person?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, what does your primary care doctor say?
Speaker 7: She says that just change your diet? And I have I hat all bland foods.
Speaker 5: Now, well, maybe you need to find another doctor.
Speaker 7: I can't have a time.
Speaker 18: Emergency rooms don't even take doctors in the emergency rooms. And I went to a guest riptologist Rocky Mountain guest Prology because they're one of the best in Colorado and they don't even recommend any.
Speaker 4: Kind of and they have not given you any answers. All right, hold on, just wait, I'm Tom Martin. Know more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Plead time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Ripped you need so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Run as cad. That's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martinez, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We're solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints.
Speaker 5: Whatever it takes to make your life.
Speaker 4: A little easier, as I've been doing for forty five years, recovering millions of dollars in cash, merchise, merchandise exchanges, refunds, and services. Frank Rand and real estate manages with me today. We've been talking a little real estate. We'll talk economy, personal economy, and how to make it through these times. But right now I want to I want to continue with a couple problems we have here. First of all, Brian, this is, uh my god, it sounds like an impossible situation. Brian said he was on a certain drug for a very long time for back pain and it ended up giving him some kind of Brett's esophagus, which is an irritation of the esophagus and the lining. How is your stomach, Brian, Your stomach itself.
Speaker 7: Not good?
Speaker 5: Okay, now you have.
Speaker 4: You basically say you're in constant pain and you don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: I had to go to the emergency room last week again because I'll spit in up blood and my stomach felt like somebody kicked me in the stomach.
Speaker 5: And what was what did the e r? Oh god, what did the r say? What did the er say? When you did it?
Speaker 7: They said, my stomach lining is not healing. And I said, is there anything what did.
Speaker 5: They say to do?
Speaker 7: Said? Yes?
Speaker 5: And what did they say to do?
Speaker 7: Change your diet? Okay, so why don't you have mass potatoes?
Speaker 5: Look at Brian? Brian? Are you calling? Are you calling.
Speaker 4: Because you want us to help you find healthcare? Or are you calling about the doctor that prescribed that medication?
Speaker 2: Are you calling?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What can we do for you today? I can't help few if you have esophagageal problems? I mean, but what can I do for you? Are you saying there's got to be Are you saying you're being denied healthcare? What is your reason for the call?
Speaker 7: There's got to be some kind of medication I can take, and I can't get anybody to describe any kind of medication or to call me back.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna have deputy does is deputy doc available at home? Do you know?
Speaker 4: Do you know Kachina is deputy dot home? Because I think I think what we ought to do is maybe he can research it. I think docs should be able to get We need to give this to our deputy doc. No matter what, We're going to give it to doc to research and let's see what he comes up with.
Speaker 7: They told me to do. I've done everything they told me to do. I drink alo verra, which is horrible. But I've done everything they tell me to do, and nothing's healing.
Speaker 4: Really, I've never heard so, So what is it? Is it constantly burning and hurting?
Speaker 7: What? No, I'll have a good day, tell me next day. It just feels like Howard is a not and it feels like somebody kicks me in the gut.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that sucks. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 17: Let me get my hands on.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: So now let's go to uh.
Speaker 5: Let's go to uh.
Speaker 17: Marissa again, talk to me, Shannon.
Speaker 5: Hey, I can hear you, Mark, So, I don't know if you're coming over the air or not, but I can hear you Shannon. Hey, Marissa, Yes, I'm here. Okay, here's what I need to know.
Speaker 4: When you got that ticket, did you have to ever go to court for it?
Speaker 5: Hy? Yes?
Speaker 14: I did go to court.
Speaker 5: And what did they do at court?
Speaker 10: So? When I went to court, I asked for another court date because I wasn't at fault and I needed to get an attorney.
Speaker 5: And what did Okay, So did the next court date come or not.
Speaker 10: The next card day came and I was in Plueblo, Colorado, and I did court virtually on the phone, and they told me I tried to file. I tried to file promotion to a fleed and because I'm not guilty and I don't know why, I got a ticket. And so then they wrote me another court date. And the next court date, I was stuck in Plubblo because the car that I had purchased is a limit it's it put it on fire. So I had no way of getting to Denver because that's where my court was. So I ended up getting a.
Speaker 15: Warrant for my arrest because.
Speaker 10: I couldn't make it in person. And so now I have a warrant because I couldn't make it to Denver because of the car that I purchased was a lemon and it started on fire. And all I've been doing is having problems with this freaking car.
Speaker 4: And so are you still in trouble? Are you still in trouble with the courts?
Speaker 15: Yes, I have a warrant because of this.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, Now tell me about the car.
Speaker 5: When did you buy it?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 10: I bought the car at the end of January. A little bit after January. So in the middle of February, I purchased this car for I put five and a half thousand dollars down. Okay, I financed this car and the dealership who I bought it from.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait you put down? You put down five thousand dollars?
Speaker 10: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Where do you do.
Speaker 5: And what did you finance?
Speaker 10: I financed the two thousand and three Mercedes ben CLK three twenty and.
Speaker 5: So here's what I'm asking at how much did you finance?
Speaker 2: Oh don't.
Speaker 10: I don't so, I don't understand. What do you mean how much?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 10: So it was I didn't have no credit, I didn't have no kind of.
Speaker 5: Marissa. I need you, Marissa, I need you to just answer questions. Okay, this isn't working. You paid how much total? Here's what I'm asking What was the price? What was the price on the Mercedes?
Speaker 10: It was twelve thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Okay, gotcha? So you paid five thousand down?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got it. And you financed around seven thousand. Yes, the loan was about seven plus you oh plus, you put down five for a total of twelve.
Speaker 5: Right, is the car running? Right now.
Speaker 10: No, they took my car.
Speaker 5: What is wrong with the car? Right now? Why did it start on fire?
Speaker 14: Because the car has had a severe uh and never been maintenance since Marissa, Marissa, before.
Speaker 5: You bought it, did you get it checked out?
Speaker 10: They have a mechanic shop there. I thought that's what they do. I never bought a car from a I never.
Speaker 8: Got a car from a Marissa.
Speaker 5: Let me explain something.
Speaker 4: Okay, Normally, the best way to buy a car is if it's used, you take it somewhere to somewhere you trust, and they check it out before you buy it. That would prevent this problem. It's too late for you. You bought it without checking.
Speaker 10: I didn't know that at that time. And this I just didn't want to spend my money. I needed a way to get around and I went to I needed a way to.
Speaker 16: Get to Maria.
Speaker 5: So I understand.
Speaker 4: I understand, but we all I'm saying is this that no one cares. I'm not saying I don't care, but I'm saying in life, no one cares about your circumstances.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. They don't care.
Speaker 4: All they care about is you bought the car. Now you have to pay for it. But what I need to know is why did it start on?
Speaker 14: Out of a broken motor?
Speaker 10: And I've only had the car for four months, and the other two months I was in the hospital. I never drove it. I was.
Speaker 5: How bad is the fire? How bad is the fire.
Speaker 15: Bad?
Speaker 2: Were the whole Did it total?
Speaker 5: Did it total the whole car?
Speaker 10: I almost blew?
Speaker 5: Did it total the car? Did it total the car? Did the insurance pay you for that?
Speaker 2: Did the insurance pay you you?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 10: Turn don't cover engines? Because they don't cover the engine.
Speaker 5: Then, but they will cover the fire.
Speaker 14: No, they won't cover the fire.
Speaker 2: And I go through Bristol, Yes they will.
Speaker 5: She probably just has liability mark mark mark, hold on, stop stop.
Speaker 4: I don't want you talking anymore. Put her on hold. I don't even want her talking. She is so stupid it defies the imagination. Here's the bottom line there. I swear to God.
Speaker 5: There are people in this world that shouldn't be allowed to transact business.
Speaker 4: My God, there should be some kind of minimum standard test for people to transact business.
Speaker 5: How about first, can you fog a mirror? Number two? Can you breathe and talk and chew gum?
Speaker 4: And coordinate those three things, and then now try walking while you're chewing gum.
Speaker 5: Here's what I'm saying. The car started on fire mark.
Speaker 4: She had to have had coverage for it because it was financed.
Speaker 17: Then why wouldn't they cover it? I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's what we have.
Speaker 4: Chopper's gonna find that out. Yeah, Chopper, good luck.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I want you to talk to Chopper. Get your one syllable words ready. I want you to talk to her off the air now listen. I don't mean to be mean, but but this poor woman, she should not God Almighty, that's why I have a job. That's why I've been doing this for fifty years. We licksen people. No, here's here's something I need to tell people.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna wait. I'll do it right after the break. I want to give you a basic survival guide, and I swear to God if you use these rules, people, pass it on to your kids, your neighbors, your friends. So Chopper find out why her insurance isn't covering this. Even if they don't cover the engine itself, they should cover the damage the fire made. In fact, let's get Brian Burns from Compass Insurance on to clarify that three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five fix it twenty four to seven. The Extreme Clean for your furnace three oh three five two six thirty nine thirty nine just thirty nine bucks. In fact for your air conditioner you should do now and that's still thirty nine bucks. New customers only fix my Home dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Your troubleshooter, Now, I need to ask Marissa some quick questions again and MERSA, we're trying to help you. I promise we are. What kind of insurance did you have on your car?
Speaker 10: Bristol?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now did the lender help you get that insurance. Did the car dealer help you or did you go.
Speaker 5: Out and find it?
Speaker 10: I went out and found it myself.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Did they require you because it was financed, did they require you to have certain insurance and ask for proof of insurance?
Speaker 10: Yes, full coverage insurance before I keep it off the loss?
Speaker 4: Okay, But they said since they don't cover the engine, this engine fire is on you, right.
Speaker 10: No, not necessarily. No, They told me I needed to follow a report with cops and with the fire department.
Speaker 4: And then did they say they would cover the fire damage?
Speaker 10: They didn't say anything. They said that my insurance even though I paid three hundred dollars for full coverage, they say they don't do that.
Speaker 14: I would have to follow with the at.
Speaker 10: The clean department. I think if I'm not mistaken, and if they would considered it, that they would let me know. But they don't cover motors or engines. So the whole time that I had the car, the mortar has already been would already it was just a matter of time before it started.
Speaker 5: Okay, But Marissa put murse on hold. Okay.
Speaker 4: Brian Burns the Insurance Healthcenter dot Com, by the way, that they have a regular insurance agency. I shouldn't downplay that. But the insurance help centers where they do those free insurance checkups at three oh three nine nine nine thousand, you can get a complete checker you have and it's straightforward and totally objective.
Speaker 5: They absolutely do not.
Speaker 4: Skew any when they tell you if you have good or bad coverage, that you can get to the bank and if they can help you, they will. If they can't, they're gonna be honest about that. Now, Brian Burns, I understand a little about what she's saying.
Speaker 5: She had an engine fire.
Speaker 4: They're saying, look, we don't cover engines, but wouldn't they cover the fire if it totaled the car?
Speaker 19: Brian, Yeah, the fire should be covered because that fire is a covered peril. But as far as the engine itself, yeah, they're right on saying, like they're not there to cover an the engine. If the engine cracks or whatever, your insurance doesn't ever cover.
Speaker 5: That, but they will fix the car or give her the value, right.
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, if the fire. So the only thing I'm curious about is what they're trying to investigate is at the time of loss, was the engine shot? In other words, are they going to try to say, hey, we don't have to pay you for the damage on the where we all have to pay you actual cash value, which is what autopolicies are. Are they going to try to degragate the loss by saying that the engine was already shot. I don't think they.
Speaker 4: In other words, the car was a piece of crap before the damage.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but I don't think I would fight that from the standpoint, she's been paying insurance with the value being at a certain level. So the fact of the matter is she didn't know the engine was cracked, and this is the damage. Ultimately it was caused by fire. So I think she needs to wait to Okay, the claims department.
Speaker 20: Is saying, what are they saying, Well, they need I don't know what they're saying, and she doesn't they need herd over a report from the fire department and from the police.
Speaker 19: She said, yeah, so, but I mean, we don't even Let's let's.
Speaker 5: Go to caller Mike. Caller Mike has a comment.
Speaker 21: Yeah, caller Mike, Hey, Tom, I love your comment about people have to have a certain aptitude to transact business and it doesn't have to do.
Speaker 16: About the fire itself. But I was also wondering your thoughts about.
Speaker 17: The voter registration process.
Speaker 9: Should voters also to get a registration card have to have a certain aptitude so they can vote?
Speaker 22: Because, for example.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, if we ever tried to implement, if we ever tried to implement anything like that, what they're upset that we want to simply know that they have an id for God's sakes, Could you imagine the furor if we said you have to have a certain aptitude, you have to have a certain knowledge or a certain whatever, because that would immediately be called racist again, I'm sorry, it would be and it would be called prejudice, and it would be called bigotry. Now, in a way, I understand why they would say that. They're saying, you know, you're purposely trying to weed people out.
Speaker 5: Look, in my opinion, everyone.
Speaker 4: Should have the right to vote that you know, that is of legal age and residence.
Speaker 5: But what about their aptitude?
Speaker 4: You know, Mike, you bring up a whole ball of axe that is not part of the show today. But I don't mind if people want to comment. Could you imagine, do you think it's fair? What if they don't have the aptitude but they know who they want as president.
Speaker 5: Isn't that good enough?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 16: I don't know about that.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to get the best qualified people in office. But sometimes, you know, people have to have logic, ration, all minds and everything to make that determination. And a lot of them, don't you.
Speaker 5: Know, Mike.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people get elected because they have a better hair, or they're taller. If you look at at really at why people vote. I don't know sometimes and again it's called low information voter. Now who benefits from a low information voter more than anyone?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now, Democrats are going to tell you Republicans do. Republicans are going to tell you democrats do? Mark, I want to ask you, do you think there should be a certain aptitude to be allowed to vote?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, And again that's self interest on Mark, because he wouldn't ever want to be tested. If they tested his diction, he'd never vote.
Speaker 1: Oh please.
Speaker 5: Listen, Mike, thank you for your comment.
Speaker 4: What really, though, there is something called incompetence. Should people, because they are less informed and less intelligent, be more subjected to ripoffs? No, think about what I'm saying now. I'm not trying to be a nanny state. But think about what I'm saying. People like Marissa you can sell and probably talk into something that you couldn't sues. Okay, my executive producer sues, so EP sues.
Speaker 5: Is less likely to be ripped off? Is that fair? Should we have some kind of.
Speaker 4: Minimum standard for transacting business?
Speaker 23: Well that can you imagine what that litmus test would look like?
Speaker 17: I mean, that's just crazy. How would you even do it.
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 5: I don't think you could. But this guy you know, talked about voting aptitude, but transact business. Here's what here's all I'm thinking.
Speaker 23: Hey, for the record, I agree with them in theory. I just have no idea how you would pull that off. Like what you got to present at least a tenth grade education. I mean, I don't know how do you do that. Then we have people that go to Harvard and Yale that I think are morons.
Speaker 4: So my thing is this, people who are less intelligent get ripped off more.
Speaker 5: Can we Is there a way to stop that?
Speaker 17: I don't know if that's correct.
Speaker 5: Say, I don't know. If I agree with you.
Speaker 23: You're saying less intelligent, I would say more or less savvy. There's a lot of smart people out there that could be very book smart, they get ripped off for big dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right. I don't know, but but they're less something. And what I'm saying is do they deserve to be ripped off?
Speaker 5: Seriously? Well, no one does.
Speaker 23: I think it's like, I think it's a mentality, Like we have people that we both know that. Here, I'll say one, Drew Drew has been calling the show forever. Drew always finds himself in some kind of situation.
Speaker 17: It's amazing.
Speaker 23: He wanders into problems and it's because he's looking for him somewhere in the back of that skull of his he's looking for trouble.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, you're right. Some people are self fulfilling prophecies. But I just think there's something about people who are uninformed getting taken advantage of where others don't. Does that mean the ones who get taken advantage of? Well, so sad you know you signed it, you should have known.
Speaker 5: Is there a way you know? I'll tell you what it is. I'll tell you what it is. Our damn high schools they waste, they waste their senior year.
Speaker 4: You know, my son's a senior right now, and all those kids have senior ite is they've already been accepted to colleges. I mean, it's almost like they're taking up time and space. Why wouldn't they use the fourth year of high school to make you savvy? Talk about contracts, talk about your signature, talk about credit cards, because as soon as you graduate, there are going to be a ton of letters in your mailbox saying you qualify for a credit card. Why don't we Why doesn't school prepare kids to just be normal adults? What does your signature mean? What is a contract? What is a credit card?
Speaker 23: They're two, They're too busy telling kids what a woman is, what a man is, putting tampons into your bathroom.
Speaker 4: No, I swear to God, I have my lifelong dream and I need to do it pretty soon. No inside joke, But here's the deal. My lifelong dream has been to have an education course in the senior year of all high schools. That would mean make a thirty day life of a consumer, just thirty days, starting with closing on real estate, getting alone, getting a car, going to school or going to work. I mean, just something like that. Now, we have a lot to have a lot going on here, so stick around. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five y five. Water Pros the best water system, the best prices.
Speaker 5: Why would you look anywhere else? You will never find a computerized, more qualified, and more in depth water conditioning, softening, safety, filtration. Water Pros their entire system right now thirty nine to ninety five for softening and everything that comes with it, including drinking water at your kitchen reverse osmosis.
Speaker 4: You will never touch this price anywhere. Waterpros dot net three h fo three eight six two five five five four. That's water Pros. I'm sorry, it's five, Yeah, that's the number. Three oh three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Wow, he's not that gay guys.
Speaker 23: Sorry threes zero three seven one three A two five five times. Get a question for Frank Duran, Hey, Don what say you?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 8: Mark up by Frank.
Speaker 24: I got a question.
Speaker 7: I think, got a bit of a problem.
Speaker 24: I got a condo an Aurora I've been I'd like to sell, but the place where I want to move to isn't going to be available to the early part of twenty twenty six. When will be the best time to sell, either in July or maybe February March of next year. I understand, I'm I understand if I'm asking to look into your crystal ball, but I'm just looking for a little input here.
Speaker 5: He's a good one. Don.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's good to talk to you. You know, that's a wonderful question. And you know, the short answer I'll give you is this. I think that what you do is you base it on what it's best for you to move because I'll tell you what. We run into a number of people in these kinds of situations, and some sellers say take the philosophy.
Speaker 5: Okay, We're gonna just take our money and run. We're going to cash.
Speaker 6: Well, we know what the market is right now, the bird in the hand, sell the home, work out a temporary living arrangement until the home is built and they're ready to move in, So that that's one option. There is tough about the third quarter that rates are expected and of course you know how these things can go done.
Speaker 5: Rates are expected to drop.
Speaker 6: And we're even hearing rumors that they could even drop as early as June. The challenge was something like that, is you remember last year, everybody was talking about how the market's you know, strong, and all of a sudden we got hit with a curveball and ended up peaking in April. So I think it's a decision every seller just has to make is do you take the bird in the hand, cash and now where the market is what it is now, or do you take that calculated risk and wait to see if rates will drop and the market remains strong.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, hey, don what are you buying?
Speaker 24: Actually I'm not buying. I'm I'm moving into a brand new fifty five plus community. They're building maybe about a fifteen minute walk where I am right now.
Speaker 23: Oh nice, hey, do make sure you read over that contract and any new construction. We've had a lot of people call in, especially a couple of years ago, to where there's language in that agreement to where if lumber, for example, goes up, they can actually adjust the price. And a lot of people don't realize that. So just make sure you know what's coming.
Speaker 7: Actually use our apartments the.
Speaker 1: Part, Oh that's really cool.
Speaker 23: Then you're just gonna pocket the money from the house and move to an apartment.
Speaker 5: And Mark, there's something.
Speaker 24: Else, and do what I'm done with Maitlandson up keep and whatnot.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me chine in here. Sure, Ank Duran will tell us this and and I think this is important, Frank, builder contracts do not have to follow the standard real estate contract for the state of Colorado.
Speaker 5: Isn't that correct? That's right? How we run into that all the time.
Speaker 4: Now, see Mark, there are certain safeguards built into the state approved real estate contract, but when you go when you go to a builder, they don't have to follow those same ones. Frank, give me an example of what a builder contract might be as opposed to the state approove contract.
Speaker 6: Sure, a builder, I've seen him do this before, where they'll make the earnest money hard. Within just a couple of days, I had one. Wow, this was unrealized.
Speaker 5: Think about that hard earnest money. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Seller came to either buying another home in another state and apparently they put down about fifty thousand dollars earnest money. But it was hard. After like three days, it wasn't. They didn't really have a lot of wiggle room.
Speaker 4: And for those listening, hard means it goes toward the deal and if you don't close, you.
Speaker 5: Don't get it back.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, in addition to that, there are other provisions. For example, like Mark was mentioning escalation clauses. You can't do that in a regular real estate contract, but this could be a different price when you go to close with a builder. Sure, and then home inspections as well, they could.
Speaker 6: Thwart Oh sure, And actually, Tom, we do see proposed escalation clauses in everyday real estate.
Speaker 5: Oh you do? Now, Gosh, tell me how that would work, Frank.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So, for instance, especially when the market was really booming, Tom, what would happen. Let's say a home is priced at five hundred thousand, it was fifteen offers because that was not uncommon right, somebody might come in and say, Okay, we're gonna come in at your asking price. But part of the clause and there would be will beat any offer by five thousand dollars up to a max of five hundred and eighty thousand. So you'd have those sort of escallation clauses in there, and they would vary a little bit too.
Speaker 5: Wow. Yes, and that was.
Speaker 6: Not uncommon, and we still see them from time to time now, Tom, just not as much as.
Speaker 5: We saw before.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Frank three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Mark, Is there anything you wanted to add to that?
Speaker 23: No, it's just really important that people look at that. People think they go to Lenar or they go to KB home and they lock in it's six hundred thousand or whatever going range, and then closing comes up, you do the walkthrough and next thing you know, that's six hundred and fifty thousand, and they point out in the contract where you agreed to that, and life just gets a little rough at that point.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 4: I have a text here from someone a young married couple. They say, when do they need a will? Okay, weigh in on that, Mark, what would you say.
Speaker 23: I'd say soon as you have any assets, and more importantly, the second you have a child.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, a simple will, as Mark pointed out, when you have a child, whenever there's just more than you, even you and your wife, but especially a child, you want a simple will. The will can be a simply a simple to say everything goes to so and so and or or if that so and so isn't around as well. So a simple will, though, that's really important and it's cheap, all right. You can do it for under a grand probably most of the time, maybe a thousand.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: When do you need a trust.
Speaker 4: You need to trust when you want your assets or your business or your home and all of that stuff to pass through the estate without going to probate, so it's uninterrupted when you want uninterrupted sleemss operation if you have a business, for example, and you want also when you want privacy, because trusts are not subject to people. Look, people can't look at your trust. They can look at probate and wills and all of that, and no one hundred percent what you.
Speaker 2: Have going on. So that's when you would want it.
Speaker 5: And again, one of the people we promote and I proudly promote him because he does a great job. Is Dan McKenzie. He is alive and local attorney, a small firm, boutique services meeting.
Speaker 4: He meets with you in person. He'll actually take notes and customize a plan for you. And that's McKenzie Law. Dan McKenzie. And let me give you his number real quick here since I've been talking about him, it sounds like a national big firm.
Speaker 5: But I'm not saying he's not a big firm.
Speaker 4: But he's here local A three three co plans that stands for Colorado A three three co plans or co plans dot c oh go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Frank duranderealestate man dot Com is with us now, Frank, I want to know the biggest mistake people make listing their home.
Speaker 5: Really? What is it?
Speaker 4: What's the somebody asks another question, but that sparked this question.
Speaker 5: I'll ask their question after mine.
Speaker 6: WHA tell me like the biggest mistake, Tom, I think the biggest mistake is starting too high on the price, because that is the kiss of death many times.
Speaker 4: And here I knew he was going to say, but then when you start coming down, it's a sign of weakness.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, and you may eventually sell, But what people don't realize is you're gonna probably end up settling for much less that you priced it right to begin with. So I think people take a hit and they don't even realize the hit they're taking. They say, that's a really good point. So you would say starting the listing too high? Sure, yeah, And I've seen that before. And I remember one particular home we had sold. I had the listing on one of them where we had leveraged our price. The neighbor had started high on the price. Now here's the crazy part. We start lower than they originally listed for the competition, but yet we ended up selling for higher than they ended up selling for when they finally closed, and they were basically identical homes.
Speaker 4: Now, how can that be? We were about thirty thousand higher when we I love it, Frank, it makes so much sense.
Speaker 5: Okay? What would be another one? After that? Starting to high?
Speaker 6: I think jumping too quick about giving concessions many times.
Speaker 5: Sellers what does that mean? Oh?
Speaker 6: Seller might say, hey, Frank, carpet shot. Should we give a carpet allowance? Should we offer a free home warranty plan? And I'll tell you this time. You've known this for years. Negotiations. Never give away something for free.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't list your home with incentives built in. I would, in my opinion, I think you save your and I'll give you an example. All right, we'll do it. Coming up, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: If you want some true wisdom, and we're talking about the guy that actually sells more and sells for more.
Speaker 5: We're talking to the guy that has stats to prove all of that. Coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, Go with a Sure Thing.
Speaker 4: Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Fan durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped off needy, so you don't have come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 1: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. I am here as I've been doing for forty five years every day in Denver, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. So take a moment to look at your life. Is there something bugging you that maybe you feel.
Speaker 5: Isn't right, somebody's not treating you right.
Speaker 4: Maybe you've been lied to, cheated or ripped off, or you just want to know about that every day crap.
Speaker 5: You know, the things that tick us off.
Speaker 4: Or the things that make us tick, whether it's home equity and loans and everyday life, or is it something that just happened on the spur of the moment, a bad water heater or something like that. By the way, I do want to tell you something speaking of water heaters from a personal experience. Water heat will degrade over time and life of your water heater depending on the quality of your water.
Speaker 2: If you have a lot of hard water, your.
Speaker 4: Water can eventually accumulate minerals at the bottom of the tank and affect the heating heating elements. And I've often wondered why, but heating elements in water tanks the heating element, whether it's gas or whether it's electric, and most of them are gas, those elements are at the bottom of the tank. I just don't know why they've never wrapped some kind of heating elements around the tank or through the tank.
Speaker 5: In some kind of a coil.
Speaker 4: Then you would have the benefit of the water temperature and it would be a direct transfer of heat to the water in the tank. Instead, it goes like you're cooking a pot and it's heated from below. So when minerals settle on the tank, guess what's happening. It is self insulating, so you get less and less heat from the same flame.
Speaker 5: Think about that.
Speaker 4: So having a water heater flush, having a water heater cleaned out, or even that's a great idea. And then of course you know the idea. You know how to keep a water heater forever if you wanted to without the tank ever, ever, ever rotting?
Speaker 5: What's the secret? Mark, do you remember what the secret is on that? To tell me just running the water back in? Nope, No, there's one thing you can do.
Speaker 4: Now what I told you about the sediment layer, having it flushed every now and then. What I want to tell you about that is with that kind of sediment layer, you can increase the efficiency by cleaning out the sediment. But to increase the life of the tank where it will never rot, how is that accomplished? I'm going to ask my YouTube morons. I'm going to go to the YouTube stream and see if any of them have the answer. So that's instant feedback. If you go to the referral list, it's under troubleshooter excuse me.
Speaker 5: If you go to the YouTube, it's under troubleshooter network.
Speaker 4: And I want you to tell me what is the one thing you can do periodically, and I'll even give you a time span.
Speaker 5: It can be sick to eight years, every six to eight years.
Speaker 4: Well, somebody already answered, it's the sacrificial anode.
Speaker 5: This is remarkable. In a water tank.
Speaker 17: You have.
Speaker 4: If you just take a tank of water, it becomes a battery eventually. What I mean is electrons will align positive and negatively and the water will eat at the water tank.
Speaker 5: To create this electrolytic this reaction. So the water attacks the tank, the tank rots away a bit, and many voltages produced. Really trust me on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the water can deteriorate that tank over time no matter what. Even if you take the sediment layer off the bottom, you're simply taking off out the minerals and you're taking off the microscopic where it.
Speaker 5: Made on the tank.
Speaker 4: And that will increase the efficiency of your tank and keep it efficient because the pot on the heater is not being insulated from the heat. Okay, that's one thing, But to keep it from rotting. What rots your tank is the water eating away at the walls of your tank.
Speaker 2: It's a natural reaction water and metal.
Speaker 5: Now, one way would be not to have a metal tank at all, but you can't really do that for various reasons I'm not going to go into right now. So what do you do. There is a rod in your water tank put there specifically.
Speaker 2: To rot.
Speaker 5: The entire purpose of that rod, which is called an animalde, is to sacrifice itself to the water. So instead of the water going to the tank to eat away the tank, it goes to the anode. First, you have short circuited this battery, so the elements rotting away instead of going to the tank, will go to the anode, and the anode will gradually decrease. It's a rod, it'll be eaten and eventually there will be no anode rod. As soon as that anode rod is depleted, the water now turns its attention to the tank. So these soldiers in the water attack the tank until they destroy it.
Speaker 4: But if you give them another anode to attack, they'll leave your tank alone and anodes can be replaced.
Speaker 5: There's usually a nut.
Speaker 4: At the top of the tank that's attached to this rod, and if you look up sacrificial anodes, they can be replaced. So that is the secret of keeping a tank forever. Literally forever. Your tank will never rot. So two things you can do to a tank. One periodically flesh out the sediment in your tank every three to five years, and then two replace your anode every six to eight years, more like eight years, probably depending on the quality of your water. Anyway, Three three, seven, one, three eight, two five five is our number. We have Frank durand the real estate man with us today. Somebody wants to know if they're buying a home and it is a fixer upper in a neighborhood, when they go to fix it up, what price range should they aim at in relation to their neighborhood.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a very wise question because we've always said you don't want the most expensive home in the neighborhood. Why is that, Frank, well, tom at see, here's that's a good question. Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: This all varies area to area too, though, so there's really no cookie cut or answer as far as that.
Speaker 4: So give me various answers based on various scenarios.
Speaker 5: Then, well, it depends on the type of investment.
Speaker 6: I think right now some people are shying away from the attached market like condos, because it's been tougher. Also, we see maybe what they call the fixer upper properties where let me give you an example, like maybe something that I'd sold in let's say Aurora, that really is just kind of an as is situation. I will get investor offers. But here's the challenge for investors. They're also still having to compete, especially at that home is priced well, Investors are going to have to compete with the buyer that wants to go in there and pay more money too.
Speaker 4: So but I'm asking if you're fixing up a home, Frank, and I don't mean to short circle what you're saying, but if you're fixing up a home, what price range do you go for in the neighborhood? Do you go in the middle, do you go for trying to be the lowest house, the lowest price. I would like to be the lowest price in a really nice neighborhood. Or would you go for the premiere or somebody saying, hey, man, I got the best house in the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: What is there an approach you would.
Speaker 4: Take when pricing a home or excuse me, when fixing up a home.
Speaker 6: I would say, typically they'll go for the lower end of this time, the lower end of that.
Speaker 5: So it's better to have the lower end in a beautiful neighborhood, sure, because that they could put the work in.
Speaker 6: And of course we're going to look at the market dynamics and those types of things. We're going to say, Okay, what's the market been providing the last five years, fan or whatnot. But I think overall that's how I see a lot of buyers buy when they buy in those situations.
Speaker 4: Okay, So bottom line, as you're saying, if you're going to fix up a home, don't put in too much money and make it the very best in the neighborhood and try to stay at the lower end of the neighborhood so people can get into that neighborhood and feel like they made a great deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've seen a number of people do that, Tom, And honestly, there are a lot of these investors that I know they have their own contractors where they could really save money and you know.
Speaker 5: Sort of cut some corners.
Speaker 6: Not bad, they're still doing good work, but they're they're saving a lot of costs that way, when they turn around and sell the property, they're making a great profit, especially in these areas that produce.
Speaker 4: Well okay, three three seven, one, three eight two five five. Someone else says, if they want to sell it on their own, and they know you're going to be I'm just put I'm adding these words to their text. Yeah, I know they trust you to tell them. They want to know can they do for sale by owner? Have you ever studied the stats on for sale by owners and what you can do as opposed to them? And I know what they're thinking about. I'll save all the all the commissions and stuff. What do you think about that, Frank be honest about that? Well, I know you'll be honest, but I mean, just be frank about that.
Speaker 5: I will be frank as I could be that. Say you are frank, be frank about.
Speaker 7: That for me.
Speaker 5: No, Tom, here's what I would say.
Speaker 6: I've talked to a number of four sale by owners over the years and this is what I've found. Some of them have done very well for themselves. And sometimes you just get into a good situation and that's a great thing. And we're always still happy to provide you in an analysis on your home to give you an idea, and there's no obligation to that.
Speaker 5: We're always happy to do it.
Speaker 6: I would find I would say a number of them though, end up listening with an agent within thirty days because they get into this and realize, Okay, this is a lot tougher than I thought, and the demand this real estate professional can bring in on my home.
Speaker 5: Ultimately I could do better. I'll give you a great example.
Speaker 6: I had a town home in Thornton and what happened is this seller was thinking about going for sale by owner. Yeah, the person renting I think four or five doors down. They were going to buy it directly from them.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I.
Speaker 5: Said, look, I'll do the analysis. No obligation.
Speaker 6: Something to consider, guys, do whatever you want to do on this, but something to consider.
Speaker 5: On the open market, this current buyer that.
Speaker 6: Wants to buy directly from you, where you might be saving you think you're saving some money.
Speaker 5: They don't have to compete with anybody, Okay.
Speaker 6: The question is on the open market, how would you do? So this seller thought about this about four days later, calls me back and says, you know, I think we're going to put it on the open market.
Speaker 5: Well, Tom, this is great.
Speaker 6: We sold for a little over sixty thousand more on the open market because of the demand of the property.
Speaker 5: So this buyer that was going to buy directly had to bow out.
Speaker 6: So in the end, the seller put more money in their pocket doing it that way versus selling directly.
Speaker 5: I know that everyone has this inclination of selling a home on their own. Does everybody thinks about it?
Speaker 4: But really, with a skilled broker, not only can they get a higher price, but a skilled broker also will keep track of all the deadlines in the contract, keep you on track, and walk you through the transaction. In fact, Frank, I think that's more important than all the other stuff, The fact that you I mean, Frank, when I went to buy my house and went to sell my stuff, I felt like you were literally my personal assistant.
Speaker 5: I swear to God. Well, Tommy, you remember and we won't get into the details.
Speaker 6: Well you can, but you can if you remember. It's the finer details.
Speaker 5: You remember. We wrote offer number.
Speaker 6: One and then that didn't work as we wrote a second offer, but we made some adjustments right. The asient on the other side didn't do what they should have done. They missed some important detail ended up court.
Speaker 2: They literally didn't read the contract, Frank.
Speaker 5: But we were on top of our game, so they wanted a little more money.
Speaker 4: So we offered a little more, but put in some stuff we wanted because of the little more, and the.
Speaker 2: Guy approved it, or they proved it.
Speaker 5: I know what he said.
Speaker 4: He said to his people, you know, this is a good contract, good offer, because I raised the price a little what I wanted to pay, but Frank put in some concessions.
Speaker 2: And they didn't even read him. Right now, that's just plain lazy.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: And it's the finer details time, you know. I tell my son this all the time. It's the little things we do right to may to make a big difference.
Speaker 5: I got something to tell you about.
Speaker 4: We asked for one of the lower prices, yet we broke all selling records.
Speaker 5: How did we do that?
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you about that coming back, because you might be insulted if Frank came to you and said, here's what we're listening it at and you say, but wait a minute, everybody's selling for more.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell you a true story.
Speaker 4: And the guy who really was pissed off at me, who was a fellow condo owner because of the price I was asking. We're going to talk about all of that right after this. On the troubleshooter show, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five, and we're here to help you solve problems, answer a question.
Speaker 5: Take it makes make your life a little easier.
Speaker 4: And I said, I was going to talk about some real life experience with Frank ran the real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I had a condo in a really beautiful building, a penthouse, and uh, what was that dang thing about three thousand feet do you remember?
Speaker 6: I don't remember it was I remember that, Yeah, it was big, it was a little over three thousand total square feet here.
Speaker 4: Now, now this is a condo, and again it was surrounded by glass, Oh my god, a big balcony.
Speaker 5: And so I wanted to sell it.
Speaker 4: First of all, Frank got me in for a deal, I mean a deal that we couldn't believe when we saw it. And he told me how to play it, how to play it. Now what I like doing a lot when I make the offers. This is about selling. But I'm going to tell you real quick about making an offer. I like to take away contingencies so people know I'm not screwing around. In every deal we've written, Frank, we've always said so many weeks to close or so many days to close, no contingencies, meaning I am willing to put my money and I'm willing to go through it, and I'm not going to hold you up at all.
Speaker 2: All right now, that's of.
Speaker 5: Course not everyone should do that. But here's the deal.
Speaker 4: So Frank says, here's what we should list your condo for. And I said, Frank, okay, but that looks a little low to me. He said, this is what we should list it for, and he knew that price would attract attention. Now what happened mongighbors, especially a guy who wanted to sell his same type of condo. He emailed me and said, at how dare you list your home for this much money? You're going to destroy our comps and our values. He says, I'm going to be selling mine, and you should be asking this. He believed I should be asking one point six. We were asking somewhere in the neighborhood of one point four something like that, and he was very upset and saying, you know. And then then the guy from the HOA call wrote to me saying, are you sure you want to list your condo for this?
Speaker 5: You know we're going to bring in a.
Speaker 4: Lot of tire kickers and blah blah blah. And I said, look, you know, there's no rules what I have to sell it for. And my real estate broker recommended this price because it was such an attractive price in such an attractive building. We had inquiries out the nose. It was an incredible flurry of activity. So Frank Duran would interview them and sometimes say we shouldn't accept that one, or we should accept this one.
Speaker 5: Frank, how do you decide what to accept? I noticed when we were doing this one you didn't even want to show the place to. I mean you actually said, Tom, I don't think we should even bother showing the place to this person. You had a gut feeling that these.
Speaker 4: Are not genuine offers? How do you do that? That in itself is valuable and somebody might get upset saying, how dare you turn down an offer? Explain what you're thinking is on accepting an offer?
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, Tom, First, in terms of showing the property, if we're gonna make a personal showing up your property, we want to make sure they're qualified first.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: It's not so much that we wouldn't show to them. The issue is are they qualifying? Okay, provide that then we're wasting your time. And honestly, we don't know that we have a valid buyer. Well, we don't even who we're bringing it into your house unless we know more about it. That's fair in terms of checking an offer. I mean, obviously the seller is always going to make the call on that, not me. However, when I give my advice, I'm gonna show them things in the contract that they got to be careful for and maybe compared to a competing offer and say, Okay, this is what i'd recommend to you, and this is why I think this offera here at working as your advocate could potentially work against you. So those are the things we're just gonna spell out to you so you can make a good decision in the end.
Speaker 5: But ultimately we're gonna screen those things for you. Okay, Now, why would you turn down an offer?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 6: Well, here, here's the thing with this. Let's say somebody comes in and they just don't have the qualification or it's a thing where they have.
Speaker 2: So even though it's a good offer.
Speaker 4: What good is it if it's gonna take the place off the market.
Speaker 5: For a while?
Speaker 6: Oh sure if they or they let's say they have a contingency. Let's say they have a home to sell, but they haven't even put that home on the market yet. Now my seller's taking a big risk because okay, well when's that home going to sell? We don't know when or if it's ever going to sell, and that could potentially add to days on market for that seller.
Speaker 5: So there's a number of things we look out for.
Speaker 6: Ultimately, the seller is going to be the one that makes They're the boss of this, not me, but I'm certainly going to give them my strong advice about it.
Speaker 4: All right, So we're going to now tell you after qualifying the offer and accepting it, what happens and why this price did not turn out to be an insult to people like people thought it may be.
Speaker 6: So we create a great demand, Tom, and I'll say there's several more we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Talk about that coming out. But sure, no, no, no, you can continue. But you were saying there's several nerve points, meaning what there are several nerve points. I'll share for it right now.
Speaker 5: What is a nerve point?
Speaker 6: So a nerve point is I call the nerve points when you're selling something, just triggers hit those kind of those triggers hit those key things. And two of the four things I'll tell you right now is what we call the law of time pressure and the law of scarcity. If we can find that sweet spot in the market where we're going to attract demand. But the buyer now feels like, Okay, this is going to be available for a very limited time. I better jump on this, okay, And I better get my A game, not my B or C or D game. I better get my best Oh wait, a minute. Now I have to compete with somebody else for the same thing that I want. Suddenly, the perceived value Tom goes through the roof. If you do it the right way, we'll talk about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm talking about a real life experience. Real life experience with Frank Duranda real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 5: More coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk about your life liberty in the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 5: Jeff, Welcome, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I just want and I haven't.
Speaker 4: Forgotten about my story about the condo. But I want to take callers first, as always, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Yeah. So, I want to give a shout out to brook Brook White with the Red Rock Roof and Solar. She's been doing a great job. They're installing a new solar for me, but they're also installing a half acre solar garden, and I was curious, Oh wow, retail on a house.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, let me just say this, you could not have picked a better a better solar company. I want to say this, and I mean this sincerely. They know about so much now. They may not know.
Speaker 5: About the resale of your house, but this solar garden is going to make you positive cash flow. It's possible. Didn't she tell you that?
Speaker 16: Yep, sir, yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a guy doing solar first house, and he may end up making some money on it. People with commercial operations also can get it paid for by the government with REAP grants if you qualify. And as I said, I just I'm so happy you called. I'm glad you're having a good experience. Redrocksars dot com since we're talking about him. Red Rocks Roof and Solar three oh three seven zero four two four four nine seven zero four two four four nine. Now that I told you about them, and he has a solar garden, will that affect resale?
Speaker 5: Frank?
Speaker 4: What do you think? I don't know, but I would think if I have a solar system there and it's making me money, why would I care?
Speaker 2: Frank? What have you seen or.
Speaker 5: Heard from customers and solar systems?
Speaker 6: You know, Tom, I've never in all these years, I've never seen a buyer merely buy a home because of the solar system.
Speaker 5: Not because of it.
Speaker 6: No, it's always like this, this is what I is. They'll say, Okay, right, price, right area, Who I like the home? Oh it has solar two great, nice bonus?
Speaker 5: Right? But I've never has it ever deterred someone?
Speaker 2: Some really not a lot though, Oh give me an idea, Give me an idea.
Speaker 6: That's the challenge sometimes with solar, Tom is, it's almost like with some companies, it's like inheriting the measles man.
Speaker 4: It's okay, he could be a real They say, like, I don't want to take on that model.
Speaker 6: Gosh, And then when you sell the home to deal with the transfer.
Speaker 5: Some of those companies could be really hard to get.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, Jeff, this is a good point. Is it easy to transfer to the new owner or will you own it outright?
Speaker 16: I'll own it out right. So there's a twofold piece here that's kind of interesting. So I have solar for the house that replaces my electric. This is a separate half acre of solar install on my property, and I'll own both. At least that's what Brook tells me is I will own both.
Speaker 4: Now the half acre on your property that's on your lot right, correct, and it will be a solar garden and you will own it. And that property, if it did not have the solar garden, would simply be just more of your lot.
Speaker 5: So it takes up part of the lot. But do you still have a lot of lot left over?
Speaker 16: Yeah, on one point eight acres. And I'm only using a happy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think that's cool. Now, when you go out and look at where it's gonna be, do you feel it's going to be unsightly at all?
Speaker 16: Well, I guess that depends on your frame of mind. Right. For me, a figure income is not unsightly ever, But everybody has their own appoint it'll be just a standp you know, solar panels on the ground.
Speaker 4: Now when Brooke, when Brooke did the calculations for what your house will need and how much extra you may.
Speaker 5: Be selling back to the grid, what did it turn out to be?
Speaker 16: Well, that's that's a different solar system, and that solar system is I'm going to have ten percent over what I currently use.
Speaker 5: But what about the solar garden?
Speaker 4: So what I'm asking is what's going to be the positive cash foe? Approximately from the solar garden?
Speaker 16: We expect between twenty four and forty thousand a year.
Speaker 5: WHOA, Now, Now, wait a minute, So when you leave and sell that property and that goes to the new owner, why would they ever what are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: That would make their mortgage payment?
Speaker 16: That's what I was thinking. But I've had something.
Speaker 5: They could literally buy your house for free.
Speaker 4: I mean no, seriously, if I'm looking at okay, let's say let's say he makes let's say he only makes twenty thousand a year.
Speaker 5: Frank, Yeah, that's a big mortgage payment, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could end up advertising that house and net net people would have nothing to pay. How much is your whole house right now appraisal for? Approximately? What would it sell for right now without the.
Speaker 16: Solar, I think somewhere around nine hundred.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you know I feel man, if they can, if you can pull this off, what are you kidding me? So?
Speaker 4: Even at twenty grand a year, that's like sixteen hundred and sixty six dollars towards your mortgage. So somebody, I'm saying if Brooks said thirty to forty, she doesn't usually exaggerate, but let's say thirty, So thirty thousand, a twenty five hundred dollars payment a month, So frank, average what mortgage is nowadays? Four and five, five and six or what what are they normally like just for a normal for a house in that house payment for Yeah, in that range, I'd say about in that range, Tom, So it's paying half of their mortgage to buy your house.
Speaker 5: What are you kidding me? Who would not want that? I think it's a winner. I think it's a winner, and I think that income will trump.
Speaker 4: The site deterior whatever it is. And you know, solar's not ugly. It's just there.
Speaker 5: But they're not ugly. It's not like they're purple, you know, monstrosities. They're flat and they're dark.
Speaker 4: Suggest that solar garden is that solar garden totally separate from your home.
Speaker 1: Yes, so if your if your home.
Speaker 4: System doesn't produce a lot, or what I'm saying is it does, it's not connected at all.
Speaker 16: Correct, it'll be totally separate.
Speaker 5: What was what was the reasoning behind what was the reasoning behind that, sir.
Speaker 16: Income they're making use with the property.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could still you can still sell back to the grid and connected to your house, right.
Speaker 16: Well, apparently there's a difference. There's a difference. So with a solar garden, you have a contract with the electric company. You only sell, so you sell wholesale back.
Speaker 5: I get you. That's a wonderful idea.
Speaker 4: My goodness, you just did a commercial for redrocksars dot com. I mean, think about how many people might have some spare property to throw up a solar garden. Think about that, Jeff, I'm jealous. I'm jealous. I think you did a great thing.
Speaker 16: I heard her talk about it on your UH with Mark uh talking about it on your on your video station. That's why I called her up, and it looked well that's pretty damn cool. Yeah, happy to hear it.
Speaker 4: Okay, man, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 16: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Duran, the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, here.
Speaker 4: You have the Troubleshooter Show Major Mark Major myself. We got deputies, we're not deputy executive producer sues. We got Kachina Glory on the phones, we got Dragon on the controls. And my guest today is Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com. So I'm going to continue the condo story. So here's what happened. Frank says, we're listed at this.
Speaker 5: It was a it was a it was a penthouse, beautiful condo.
Speaker 4: My neighbors were upset. The HOA was upset that I was asking the price I was asking on the market. It wasn't insulting, but it certainly was what people thought something was worth. My neighbor said, well, this is going to be very difficult for me because I want to list mine at one point five.
Speaker 5: And he says, and you're undercutting it.
Speaker 4: So then he listed his at one point five to eight, so he had some room. We listed ours at what we listed it at. It was one, it might have been one point four to nine orund whatever.
Speaker 13: It was.
Speaker 5: Okay, this guy gets offers, We get offers. Frank presents me with the final offer and it was somewhere in the neighborhood at one point seven. I made such a crapload of money on that condo and we set all records still hasn't been broken. The guy that was asking that price, he ended up selling for just under his listing price. So the guy that was bitching and moaning that I asked too little sold for less than I did. And if we were asking for less, that's what you call negotiating power.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you it's a true life story. I mean, I may not have every penny to the penny documented, but what I meant was we sold for more. We set the record, and we started out.
Speaker 2: Asking for less.
Speaker 4: That's the art of negotiation with Frank rand Inrealestate Man dot com. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. You stick around, get your calls in three oh three seven to one three talk Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped Up.
Speaker 12: News.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: You come run in sustas as you can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here.
Speaker 4: We're talking personal economy today. Things that can help you enhance your wealth, enhance your everyday life, or take away from it. One of the things we're talking about is real estate with Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com.
Speaker 5: We have him here today.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about when you buy into a neighborhood, do you buy into the lower end the upper end? If you can, you buy into the lower and your appreciation will be helped by the better properties around you. It's not so bad to have a medium or lower priced home in a neighborhood. Don't ever put in too much money on a home. And there are some improvements that do absolutely know good to a home that a lot of people believe they do.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: Frank Durant, what improvements to a home don't really count when it goes to sell?
Speaker 5: Is there anything or or not?
Speaker 6: You know, Tom, I would say this, they all add up to something, I suppose, but I would think the But.
Speaker 4: You've seen what people are not so turned on by and things that really turn people on. So let's talk about the stuff that doesn't make such a big splash.
Speaker 6: I'd say the things that don't make such a big splash is if somebody says, Okay, I'm going to replace the light fixtures with something like real expensive or yeah, you know, I'm not saying that they don't matter. They do, but they don't have the impact like a beautiful kitchen or flooring or an updated bathroom okay, and just a bit different or somebody's or for instance, like back to where talking, Oh I put new solar panels on. You know that's that's not gonna have the same Okay, what about windows? Who do people even look at windows? Or do they look at the whole house? See tell me they certainly do. But I would say that's another one of those things where the person says, okay, right price, right area, where I walk in, Oh I love this home. Oh it has new windows. Great, the windows is kind of that added bonus.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's not like because of the windows.
Speaker 6: Sure yeah, I wouldn't say that would draw them in necessarily, you know, that wouldn't be one of.
Speaker 5: The key factors that draws them in.
Speaker 6: And many times sellers will tell me, they'll give me a list of things that they've done improvements, and I'll tell them, look, here here's what I think would really help you. Here, let's do the key things that's going to draw the buyer in. Let's hold these in our back pocket. Now they come and they liked the home. Oh, by the way, did you know it also has this this?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: I oh, now I'm even more excited about what I'm right.
Speaker 4: Somebody asked, what about swimming pools.
Speaker 6: I would tell you, in my experience, I've never seen a swimming pool add value, and it's going to be hit and missed because you get and I've sold homes of swimming I've.
Speaker 5: Heard some people it's a detriment.
Speaker 6: Some of them, you're right, it'll be a and others say, oh, need a swimming pool, But that's not the reason they bought.
Speaker 2: And built in hot tubs things like that.
Speaker 5: Now those are.
Speaker 6: Nice for good negotiating trade off sometimes or well, I go, so they're built in I guess maybe more permanent. But I had one recently tom that this is great and this is a good example of not giving away things for free.
Speaker 5: I had a seller and they said, hey, we have this hoteb.
Speaker 6: We'd like to leave it. And I said, well, let me ask you a question. If the buyer doesn't want it, what do you do. She says, well, we could just take it. I said, okay, then here's my advice to you. My advice to you is never offer something away for free. Save this because you could use it later in the transaction you like it, Okay, So long story short, lo and behold. The buyer did want the hot tub, and the seller says, okay, let's follow your advice.
Speaker 5: We said, well, we'll think about it. We didn't say yes or no.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now we get to the inspection and they gave us a big laundry list Tom of things they want it fixed. It was a pretty long list. This is where we save this in our back pocket. So well we did.
Speaker 5: Now, there was a.
Speaker 6: Lot of strategy we really can't get into right now. But at the very end we came back says, look, I think your buyers mentioned they wanted.
Speaker 5: The hot tub. Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yes, right, okay, if the seller were to leave this hot tub, could we trade that off in lieu of the things you're asking for.
Speaker 5: And they came back and said yes, okay, And she didn't want it to begin with, No, she did was so it didn't cost my seller or anything.
Speaker 6: And on the same token, it had a higher perceived value because we saved it.
Speaker 5: We didn't give it away upfront for free.
Speaker 6: So one of the rules I tell you in a negotiation, Tom is never give away something for free because you lose perceived value when you do it and pull table.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same type of thing. Okay, same type of thing, I would agree. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: Do man caves help one guy wants to know he has an awesome man cave?
Speaker 5: Does it help sell a home?
Speaker 6: It depends on the buyer, tob because right you get buyer a that comes in in my gosh, that speaks volumes to them.
Speaker 5: Buyer becomes this is g I'm.
Speaker 6: Getting rid of this and I'm going to turn into what I want to make it into. So it doesn't necessarily raise the value, but to a certain buyer that might get more excited about buying the home.
Speaker 4: What do you find as far as numbers of bedrooms? Magic number or not more the better?
Speaker 6: Or what I would say typically when buyer's shop that we work with, typically they're going to.
Speaker 5: Say three or more bedrooms.
Speaker 6: There are some exceptions to that rule, of course, but I would say three or more bedrooms is typically the minimum criteria most of our buyers look for.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me go to my notes here, because I should have had them up.
Speaker 23: People are at hey, Tom, when Frank here, oh negotiated my house out here in Franktown. I mean, he absolutely killed it. But then we move in and the people left the oldest big screen TV you've ever seen in your life in our basement. So then Frank called up and strong armed him to get it picked up. So they basically paid another five hundred to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Man, it was a big giant Okay.
Speaker 4: And speaking of that, Frank, home theaters, I don't think you ever see anymore in house. Remember how houses had a dedicated home theater the upper end houses and it was considered the shiznits man because they would have like theater.
Speaker 5: Seating and sometimes and I thought they were pretty damn cool.
Speaker 4: But Mark, I don't think you've seen homes anymore recently with home theaters.
Speaker 17: Have you not like rooms like that?
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 5: No, they build them in. They build everything. Is that right, Frank? Do they build them in?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I see it more built in nowadays. And excuse me, and from toe to the house itself? Correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Do you ever see any dedicated home?
Speaker 6: I just came from one actually a few days ago that did that. What they did is they built it. They actually hired a contract wow, to build like these. I don't even know how to look like these steps where the chairs can sit. Like a movie theater, Yeah, had a screen. It was really nice. It's teared, Yeah it was teared.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, No, they are nice.
Speaker 4: But you know, when I had a home theater back in the day, it was a beautiful home theater.
Speaker 5: But what I found was when we're up in the family room and we're watching TV, we didn't feel like just getting up and going that room because it took away the intimacy of a family gathering. It was like we're all sitting facing forward on tiered seats and it was kind of weird. It was like you couldn't interact and talk. And when we had guests and we went in there, that was the same thing. It wasn't like we're we were like visiting. It was like you're at a frickin' movie. Yeah, they need to look at them.
Speaker 4: Okay, So home theaters, I would say, are not that important. Solar Like, there's a lot of stuff that, oh that's nice, but not the actual driving force. Okay, if you had to pick a driving force, what would it be. I think siding is so important. People don't know, don't understand this, but siding in windows for the exterior part of a home I think is very important because the siding, if it's dilapidated or the old T one to eleven or crap. I mean, you want to see something that you know is going to stand the test of time and that presents well.
Speaker 5: So I would tell people before they even bother.
Speaker 4: On the inside, because I've seen houses that are pieces of crap on the outside and inside they've spent all their money. So what do you think about exteriors of homes?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, tom great, because I'll tell you, especially in this market.
Speaker 5: Right now where buyers or maybe a little.
Speaker 6: More cash porcus or higher interest rates and those types of things, the first perception they see, Okay, the outside doesn't look very good. The first thing that they're thinking is ge, I'm gonna have to put money in the right exactly. So I agree with that one thousand percent that if you can have those that first impression makes a big difference before they.
Speaker 5: Even walk into the property.
Speaker 2: And don't you feel you said this before?
Speaker 4: Allowances you don't like like listing a home and having siding allowance or floor allowance or this allowance or that allowance that's something you can throw in for negotiations, but you don't want to do it up front.
Speaker 5: Explain that, well, Tom.
Speaker 6: Let me give you a really good example. Okay, this is a home I sold in Denver. This was an older Denver home built in the mid nineteen fifties, right directly across the street. These are very similar size homes, basically the same score footage. The home across the street put a little over one hundred thousand dollars and upgrades into it. I mean the place was sharp. You should have saw the basement on it. Okay, they sell for their asking price at seven twenty five, seven twenty five. Mine was like stepping in her time work, like the old Brady Bunch air. There was nothing done. There was no updates, green carpet, you name it. Just nothing was done. And the seller asked me should I put any upgrades? Frank, and I said, you know, my advice is absolutely not. My advice is, let's put more net profit in your pocket. So she's okay. We sold as is. So we strategically leveraged our price. So the home across the street, same home, seven twenty five, right, we put ours at six twenty five leverage. We ended up selling for six fifty three. So look at the net profit I put in my seller's pocket. They spent one hundred thousand to make seven twenty five. Now look at the price difference of six fifty three versus seven twenty five. That wasn't a huge difference. They actually spent more on upgrading that home, but didn't get the value back.
Speaker 5: Oh we had better now.
Speaker 2: So what you're looking for is that sweet spot as you call it?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: How do you calculate it?
Speaker 5: Frank?
Speaker 6: I study everything, Tom. I look at the history of the area. I look at the percentage homes have been going up per month. I look at the supplying demand, and there's so many factors I look at.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny, Mark, He doesn't look that smart, does he? My wife says the same.
Speaker 4: Thing, Tom three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 16: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Let's talk to Phil. Phil, what's happening?
Speaker 25: Give me a load of my neighbors down in the oasis of frank Town. I got a question on citing. We had Cuar SiGe. Yes, we upgrade to upgrade to the hardy board, which we love, pretty pricey. But would that be an added value to an outright out of added value to a house field?
Speaker 5: Okay, so he went from cedar siding to hardy. What do you think, Frank.
Speaker 6: Durant, I'd say, once again, that's preference. You know, what's that saying?
Speaker 5: Beauty's in the eye of the beholder.
Speaker 6: I think to one person they might see something in that, but it's still got to be able to like the home and the price points. So I don't know if that necessarily adds value. But to certain buyers they're gonna say, boy, that's a nice touch.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 6: That's that's really the the the cherry on top.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to ask you this some first, Phil, What was the cedar siding like?
Speaker 2: As far as condition, I thought was terrible.
Speaker 25: We had the flicker with the big ones just drilling holes in the side of the house. Every single year we had repainted problem. Now what we got the house go ahead?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 5: No, I just want why did you go with James Hardy.
Speaker 25: For the mostly the maintenance costs and very little maintenance. It was very pricey. But you know that's that color impregnated cement board off the birds and the squirrels. But it's a lot less maintenance to it. Also, and what is it?
Speaker 5: Does it look really beautiful?
Speaker 25: Oh, it looks great. Ours is a darkest brown with white trim.
Speaker 10: And it looks great.
Speaker 25: And all the neighbors say, you got to bring home there, you know when they go when they drive by.
Speaker 13: No, no, it looks good.
Speaker 4: Well, I know people that are just elated with their James Hardy siding and they love it.
Speaker 5: And also, isn't it impervious to hall?
Speaker 25: It is to a point, I mean, you can have some of the hell we have here. You know, it could probably do some superficial damage to it, but they claim that it is. But you know, you know how that goes.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else did you look at?
Speaker 4: Did you ever look at maybe doing a stucco or anything else, or did you just go straight to dreams?
Speaker 5: Hardy?
Speaker 25: Now, our neighbor across the street did stucco and that came out pretty good. But they're having problems with that's flaking off party after about I think four years.
Speaker 5: Well that's because it wasn't done right, because stucco stucco should be like stone if done correctly. All right, thank you Phil for that comment.
Speaker 4: Frank Durand says, it's nice, but it's probably not gonna make or break a sale, unless, of.
Speaker 5: Course, it was just a piece of garbage before.
Speaker 4: Now, Frank, somebody here wants to know about brick homes. Do brick homes have a special place in people's hearts?
Speaker 5: Do they have a special yeah?
Speaker 2: Like do people say, oh wow, brick.
Speaker 6: That's great, no maintenance? Boy, Tom, another good question. I cannot recall any buyer or though ever say oh because it's brick, I'm gonna buy, or say yes because or no because right. But I'll say this too. I sell enough of these homes were certain areas if they're at a certain price point, certain areas are gonna have a lot more brick homes anyway, So it's kind of even playing fields.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what I want to say, and I have I just I just feel this way.
Speaker 4: I feel that stone, not brick, but stone on a house is an absolute eye catcher for curb appeal. It gives us certain elegance to it. Real stone.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if it's real stone, but you know that stone facade either f or or maybe A lot of houses have one hole set. Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, because of the cost and something like same thing tom in certain price points, that can make a big difference. If you, let's say you had two similar sized homes, one stuck who one's not or one stone one's not.
Speaker 5: That can make a difference. All right. So there is a joke my wife and I have when we're driving through a neighborhood and there's two kinds of houses.
Speaker 4: One is the Joanna Gaines house. They're twin peaks. Have you ever seen their coming up all over? I mean they're exactly the same house where you have a peak like with a dormer, you know, with the peak on one and so there's twin peaks, one on the left, one on the right, with a little thing connecting them in the middle.
Speaker 5: Have you seen them? I know you see have seen them? Twin peaks.
Speaker 4: They're usually black because that's what she advocates. Some of them make them dark gray, some make them blue or whatever, but they're I call them twin peaks, okay, And that's all Joanna Gaines. I mean, it's amazing the influence that TV shows have on neighborhoods. But the other one we joke about, Frank Lloyd, right, was the first guy that came out and started making Back then, it looked like space age homes. They were all geometric, square, rectangle, do you remember, Like, Okay, I call them Frank Lloyd wrong because they suck. They're the most unappealing homes in the world. They're what you call modern, and what's really amazing to me, even today, we call them modern, meaning more modern than today, because architecture never went that way.
Speaker 5: But every now and then.
Speaker 4: You have this beautiful, conventional homes in a neighborhood, really rich neighborhood, and in the middle you have this square piece of crap with a with a like a lean to roof, you know, and it's like it's steel and black, or steel and white, or or light steel or red steel.
Speaker 5: I have never seen.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to ask you, have you sold any of those Frank Lloyd Wrong homes?
Speaker 5: Tom? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I haven't listened to any.
Speaker 5: I don't recall ever. No, you know what I'm talking about that you drive through a neighborhood, they stick out like a sore thumb mark. Do you know what I'm talking about. I don't recall.
Speaker 17: Mark for the most part.
Speaker 4: You know those houses, you know, those modern so called they look like out of George Jetson, you know they have I call him.
Speaker 5: They're flame.
Speaker 4: They're definitely a derivation of Frank Lloyd Right. Frank Lloyd Right.
Speaker 5: If you look him up, was was this geometric kind of modern designer. I mean he's not, but he's done some fabulous buildings and everything. One of the most fit, probably one of the most famous architects ever to live, Frank Lloyd Wright. But the houses just suck. And I'm wondering if people ever say, yeah, I want to get one of those kinds of houses. I just wondered and so it's just one of those things that you think, gosh, dang it, can you believe it? So, Frank Lloyd Wright, in my opinion, was the worst thing to ever happened in houses. But there they are, Frank, to see what I'm talking about. Let's see those those kinds of houses, you know, you know what I mean. They're just like and the decks have like walls, you.
Speaker 4: Know, solid concrete walls, and they're so unattractive. Look it up online if you guys don't know what I'm talking about. They he did make a lot of interior designs as well, and furniture and all of that stuff. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. This hour brought to you by American Financing three oh three six nine five seven thousand.
Speaker 5: Get rid of high interest debt. Mortgages have dipped into the fives, and they can do home equity loans with no money up front. Uh to get this start at three oh three six nine five seven thousand.
Speaker 4: All right, now we have U. I have some texts I wanted to get to. I sold my house by owner with zero issues. I looked at comparable properties myself. I was firm on my asking price. Well that doesn't mean you did agree job, but okay, who knows what you could have done?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: And then when the buyer's agent presented me with an offer I liked, I paid a broker two hundred dollars to review it, and then I got my asking price and was out only two hundred dollars for the entire transaction.
Speaker 23: But how do you know you didn't leave twenty thousand on the table?
Speaker 5: Hello, that's the point I'm trying to make.
Speaker 4: Just because he got his asking price, Frank has always gotten me my asking In fact, he's always gotten me more than an asking price. In fact, I never knew I could get what he wanted me to get, and I would always It always starts out the same, Frank, why are we asking so little?
Speaker 5: Or and why are we getting so much?
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, how do we know that we did to sold this for?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean you know, I at some point I just had to sit back and h Anyway, So someone said, Tom, aren't water heater's glass lined? And you said a sacrificial anode keeps it from being the from being rotted. Yes, newer tanks are glass line, but listen carefully. There are always tiny imperfections in the glass lining that develop over time, and the tanks can still rot out being glass lined.
Speaker 2: Mind you, it takes a lot longer, but it can.
Speaker 5: Be rotted out.
Speaker 4: You still need sacrificial anode replacement to keep those tanks forever.
Speaker 5: Now, Andrew, what is your question, sir? Go ahead, Andrew, I'm.
Speaker 22: Just curus to just feedbacking on the brick home crept question. I've seen some home owners actually paint over the brick, and I mean, some of them look amazing, but I don't know if there's if there's any loss a value because that or well, if.
Speaker 4: You talk to a purist and they see paint over brick, they can't stand it. I mean, it really defeats the whole purpose of the non maintenance. It defeats the entire purpose. But Frank, do you know if it makes a difference when it actually comes to sale.
Speaker 6: Boy, Tom, I think once again, and I've seen that, and I've seen that, and I think it just depends on the buyer. It depends on why they're buying, because I've seen people not even care there was painted. I don't even care. I like the home works for me.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I think that's really the truth.
Speaker 4: Andrew, it really depends if you get a purist though, that wants a brick house, They're never going to accept paint.
Speaker 5: Now, do you have a brick home.
Speaker 22: Yes, and it's actually like a green brick and it's got like two different tones on a kind of like a text brick too.
Speaker 5: Do you not like it or do you like it? No? I like it.
Speaker 22: But I remember when we were looking at home, there were some of them that we looked at that they painted over the brick, and I mean it looked beautiful, but I just didn't know if there was any loss and value because no.
Speaker 5: The value, that's all a matter of reception and it's all subjective.
Speaker 4: There is no rule of thumb on that. Thank you for calling Andrew Steve Moss. Thank you man. Steve Moss is here to talk about do what do we call it? It's not my Steve brewery?
Speaker 5: I know? But what is rock and roll brewery? What are they considered? Small batch breweries? They're not home breweries, they're not microbreweries. What are theyation? Steve? Is he there? I thought he was on the line.
Speaker 4: Hey, Steve, what do you classify your your brewery as?
Speaker 5: What yours? And others that size?
Speaker 2: What are they? What are they?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, some people call micro brewery would be something that you're you know, a small brewery that distributes or a you know, a brew probably be a place where you can go and you know, okay, but.
Speaker 4: But but you don't have the brew pub, right you don't have the pub anywhere?
Speaker 5: You just have your micro brewery right.
Speaker 13: No, No, it's it used to be like that, and I used to just distribute or sell at the racetrack or festivals, but now everything has changed. I got approved for local permit with the county and the state to have now a brewery visits and it's going to start May third. I can only do it six months a year because it's sort of a residential ranch area. They put restriction restrictions on us.
Speaker 2: But wait, so you're seasonal.
Speaker 5: It's seasonal, seasonal.
Speaker 13: Yes, it's warm weather. It's going to be May May third this year it starts. So it's May through October every year and every Saturday from two pm to nine pm. And it's by appointment. If you go to the website rock and roll dot beer. That's not dot com, it's rock and Roll. It can be n or Andy rock and roll dot beer. Go un your appointments scheduling and you can schedule. Let's say you could start scheduling for Ay third, so it'll be like homebrew. You know, clubs or the general public. You know there is a policy, you know, a policy we people to sign and make sure it's responsible and not rally and you know it's I got to keep my place clean because of a location.
Speaker 4: Now I want to ask a few things. So am I to am I to take that?
Speaker 5: It's May third through October, but only on Saturdays, only.
Speaker 13: Saturday from two pm. There's different three different time slots you can book when you're on the website, but it's two pm through nine pm, and it'll be it's a beer garden. It'll be things to do like cornerhole games and stuff like that. And you know, we'll have seventeen different beers to choose from. We have a lot of stuff for sale, really cool stuff. They can buy package if they want, but it's generally package. Liquor is going to be cheaper in a liquor store somewhere. But anyway, all right.
Speaker 5: I already got a text about it.
Speaker 2: We all hold on. I already got a text about it.
Speaker 13: We also have one.
Speaker 4: Just hold on, hold on, Steve, Steve, Steve. We're talking over each other. It's my fault.
Speaker 5: I have a text I need to get to.
Speaker 4: They want to know can they book a Saturday only for their group for their event.
Speaker 13: That's funny. I was just on the website when you guys called me. I'm putting that link on there right now. In a few minutes, we'll be on there. You can book two different time slots for weddings, corporate events, parties, b you know, Brooke nic or whatever. I'm gonna have it where you can do from two pm to five thirty pm and then five thirty pm to nine pm, two different slots, and you can book them both. If you wanted to hold, you have to book. You know, you have to pay a deposit. I'm coming up with what you know what that would cost to reserve it. Everything's gonna be pretty affordable because tom As you know, I make my living writing jingles and stuff like that, like the tree Farm jingle. So I don't care about how much money I make with beer. I just love doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you have great beer Mark.
Speaker 2: Didn't you try beers?
Speaker 17: I have tried everything he makes. Man, they're delicious.
Speaker 1: You do you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm gonna.
Speaker 17: Get get out there on May third. If we're in town for sure.
Speaker 5: Steve, what is the uh?
Speaker 13: I may have entertainment, entertainment sometimes you know it's gonna be No, we're not going to do a big, giant, loud concert because of the area, but we'll have you know, maybe a small Cajun band and a corn roast.
Speaker 4: Well, why don't you give the area? Where where is it located? Give the location?
Speaker 13: It's a well, they have to book it. They can't just show up here. But it's it's unincorporated Well County across the street from Firestone city limits. But it's a go on the website and the address will be there.
Speaker 5: Okay, rock and roll dot all right, Okay, rock and roll dot beer.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's far enough away from Long Month, so we don't have the automotive all the scams that go on with the automotive people in longmout.
Speaker 4: Right, tom oh it Greeley has. Greeley has a bunch of automotive scams too. In fact, if you want to know the truth, World County, the government up there, there are a bunch of corrupt a holes if you want to know the truth.
Speaker 13: But I mean, you know, may this pass piece, So I'm not going to say something too mean.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't want you to get involved in that. I don't want them to come down on you because of me. So listen Saturdays now, if people want to get a hold of your beer, though, where can they buy it?
Speaker 13: Okay, well, let me just go over the capacity for us on the Saturdays. It's no more than twenty five at a time any given Saturday. And then I get one special event a year right now, I have August second on there. But we haven't decided exactly. We'll post all that stuff and advertise with it. Well, one special event, I can have up to seventy five people at one time, and that would be from two in the afternoon until ten at night. But I only get one of those a year, So maybe we could do k how Tom martinro khwbash to raise money for something.
Speaker 5: That might be cool coalition.
Speaker 4: People can get a hold of you. People can get a hold of you rock and roll dot Beer. I have a few questions. I can't believe the lush crowd we must have because I got three texts since you've been started, but I haven't had a chance to ask you, but I'll do it right after this. They're beer related questions coming up. How's that for a tease? On the Troubleshooter Show, Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 5: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Steve, We're talking to Steve Moss, a micro brewer rock and Roll Dot Beer. He runs an advertising agency. He does this on the side, but it's become a major passion for him to where he distributes.
Speaker 2: His beer, Rock and Roll Dot Beer.
Speaker 4: He distributes to local stores and also to the raceway. Is it you're still doing the racetrack, right.
Speaker 13: Steve, Yes, sir, And that's a good subject because, uh, wholesale really kills the small brewery after the price of what it costs me to brew. And I'm not cheap. I put That's why my beer tastes so good. I put money in that stuff, and you know, I really sell it to wholesale and liquor store is about the same is what costs me. So I don't make anything so right now after now that this is approved, you can only get our beer at our beer garden or at Colorado National Speedway. Because I do still sponsor really I sponsor the beer garden there. I sponsor race divisions, pure stocks, and they sell my beer there, so you can only get it at the I'm still going to take care of those guys. They always take care of me. So you're going to, you know, buy our beer at the racetrack and then our beer garden and that's the only place you're going to get it. And it's good stuff.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: And when does the race track open?
Speaker 13: Their first race is? I believe May I think it's probably May third, the same day we're have our first event, and it'll be true Ophices and we'll still go out there and you know, bring our tent and still sell stuff once a while and let them sell our beer, but we'll probably just sell merchandise. Uh, you know. So uh it's it's messy with two liquor licenses together. The state does not like that. They don't like it where you know, you're using two liquor licensees together selling retail. So you know, we we probably won't we won't sell retail out there, but we'll sell our merchandise.
Speaker 7: I wanted to mention, all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's talk about favors.
Speaker 4: What's little beer what's the weirdest go ahead with your beer garden?
Speaker 5: First, Uh, well, I.
Speaker 13: Just want to say it's it's a small setting, but it'll be fun. We're we're gonna put one of those soccer pool you ever see that. It's like soccer balls. It looks like a big pool table on the ground and you use soccer balls for the pool balls and you kick it with your feet.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 13: Cool, And we're looking at putting in a small minister golf just pre you know, it won't cost anything to play it.
Speaker 17: Frisbee golf.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about let's can we talk about the beer, since that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: What are the.
Speaker 5: Weirdest flavors that you have? The weirdest flavors?
Speaker 13: I got some weird one. I got some weird ones. I got a sour. Puss is a sour. It's a German donkele wives in German blueberries sour. And it's my lightest beer taste wise, and it's my lightest beer alcohol wise. But it's black. I mean, if you put it up to the light, you'll see a little blue. It's really good. It's really interesting. And then we got a pineapple pitstop. I did that one that's a triple I p A. It's a nine percent alcohol that one. You gotta be careful. We serve that in real small glasses. But that one's for the race track I did. And it's actually a picture of me racing on that can. So we got some pretty weird ones.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 13: You know, like a lot of people, a lot of breweries have flavored beers.
Speaker 2: He's got great I pas.
Speaker 5: What is the most got the best job popular? What is the most popular flavor?
Speaker 13: You know, I would say that zombie jam. If you look, you know, you look on the internet. I was written it was a famous English author brew author from England that toured the United States in the eighties and early nineties, and I'm written in his book that's a whole lot I've been brewing all right. You know, I got it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take a break down.
Speaker 4: Rock and Roll dot Beer for more information for him and Frank Ran the real estate Man, has been our guest today.
Speaker 5: Frank, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 4: You can always reach Frank at three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Save all your problems for me.