Speaker 1: All right, here we are welcome everyone to the Hard Foundation bonus episode. I am your moderator here, smart Mark Sterling. I am joined by the interviewees, first of the Thrill Zone brand.
Speaker 2: Former Deep South Wrestling, two time tag team Champion of the World Brian Majors.
Speaker 3: And I am a two time Deep South Tag Team champion and one time or was it two times?
Speaker 4: One time?
Speaker 1: That's right, I didn't know that. Oh yeah, that's pretty cool. Yeah, you guys never had a single anything. You never had a single anything.
Speaker 3: I wrestled uh Matt Striker, but it might have been a dark match on Deep.
Speaker 4: Out and wrestled.
Speaker 2: I wrestled Lawrence Tyler, won a singles remember that some random That's the first time I ever beat anyone with the elbow drop.
Speaker 3: And then that one time in OVW were you a juggle for the wrist tape? I had to wrestle with someone in a singles.
Speaker 1: Somebody they like took you have the show because you.
Speaker 4: Got because he said, is the risk tape? It's a itane. You know.
Speaker 3: We talked about the last episode which you have to listen to, where Brian said, oh, I'm taping up my risk is my wrist is hurt.
Speaker 4: Oh yours? But you can't wrestle that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's like I said, and I just went, okay, well then, like I don't even think I was allowed to manage you, like you just went out and work last second.
Speaker 4: Wow, just being a dick and me being a dick back, So whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, So full disclosure, this is part two of the developmental podcast.
Speaker 4: Now we it was that Alan Robert. It was Robert. Robert didn't have that power. It was Al definitely so al Al. So he was saying, oh.
Speaker 2: You're hurt, then I guess you're off the show, okay, And this is like the that's the night we were like the popcorn match. I want to say intermission, the night where I cussed yes at.
Speaker 3: Robert Gibson where I took up the tape and I said like, funck this, this is fucking bullshites And.
Speaker 4: He said I cursed that m like he cussed me.
Speaker 3: He made a team Like I said, fuck you, Robert Gibson. That's not what I said. I said, like this is bullshit or this is fucking something like that, totally out of so. Anyway, I wrestled cod this past week like I was in the ray was set up. It was such a weird convention because of COVID and stuff like that. It was like a hotel, like almost like a hotel lobby. And then they in their different rooms that people are in and the room next to me, alse though is in it, and the color Elbow guys are in it. And like, I love Colin, I don't dislike Al at all. I have no ill will towards Al, but like I didn't.
Speaker 4: Even want to walk in and say hello, right, we're not friends.
Speaker 3: That's funny because like, I don't know if I saw him a couple of years ago, maybe it was New Orleans or some I think the first wrestling in New Orleans. He was at a bar and I went up and said hello, and I wasn't sure if he was gonna, like still not be nice to me.
Speaker 4: But he was very nice. Oh, he was very nice to me.
Speaker 1: And he knew who you were.
Speaker 3: Yes, I listen. Growing up, I was a huge Al snow fan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hell yeah me too.
Speaker 4: And then you watched Tough Enough and he's so nice.
Speaker 3: He's like the you know, like the good the good cop, you know, and I'm like, I can't wait for him to be my coach, Oobie W.
Speaker 4: And it was the complete opposite, and he was like tough.
Speaker 2: So what we always heard, and this was the rumor in innuendo, is that al was like the best and then he ECW that FAKEW was back on TV and they brought him in. He was basically like an enhancement guy, but he was talent, so he was coach and talent. Then they made these like cuts, A bunch of people got fired. He was fired as talent but not as a coach. So like what we always heard is that he was kind of embarrassed by that, maybe you know, and bitter.
Speaker 4: I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then they said that was like when everything changed and he was like zero fun anymore, Like oh, we were from the guys OBIW before our time. That he would walk in and be like, oh, let's not practical, let's go to six Flags. Would take everyone six flags and they'd like just do stuff like that. Or he'd have house part I know, he used to throw like these big Halloween parties everyone look forward to every but we did not get that we're.
Speaker 4: All over the place now, we didn't get that version of Alice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, OBIW was weird for us, and we had a bad attitude going in because as we'll explain in this, and we explained that you gotta listen to part one for.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, let me, let me cutting me off Mark. So we had in the middle of a story, so I was setting it up, so we were.
Speaker 3: In the whole year deep South. Then Deep South closes, the majority of the people go to the new FCW, but it's not open yet, so they have a month vacation or whatever.
Speaker 4: And the people who were ready three month was saying yes, wow.
Speaker 3: The people who were like ready for TV, they put to OVW, and that was we were included that. But in that like week that we were moving to OVW, we debuted on TV. So then when we debut in OBW, first of all, like the first day, we already have like a bullseye on our back.
Speaker 2: Because I think Cody Rose has told this story over the year so many times.
Speaker 4: It's like kind of taking on a life of its own.
Speaker 3: So after OVW shows and they do it after NXT shows, blah blah blah, they have everyone in the crowd, not everyone, not that, not not crowd members, all the all the boys, the girls, They get in the crowded like it's like a pep talk a post.
Speaker 2: On the back meeting or you know, job, you know what's going on in the start of the union kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So if I recall correctly, so the fans have gone the fans have gone out, and then you you.
Speaker 2: Can clean up the arena, you break down or whatever, and then you have like everyone in the stands for a meeting.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the night future.
Speaker 3: We were so like hungry that we lived, not like hungry for food, like hungry for wrestling that we we we debut, recw drove back to McDonald Georgia, packed up our stuff, drove to Louisville, Kentucky, and they We're like, oh, there's a show tonight.
Speaker 4: Let's try to get there.
Speaker 1: What's that drive?
Speaker 4: It was pretty long, especially in you all because you can't fast. So we got there as the show was ending.
Speaker 3: Look, we should have just showed up the next day in retrospect, but we wanted to show face that we you know, and that particular day, Simon Dean Nova Mike Bucci was now in charge of developmental just happened to be there. I believe he lived in Louisville, yes, but he was just happen to be at that show.
Speaker 2: And another caveat we shad had to this. We already knew Mike because he was our he took Dreamers spot as our boss. Yes, and he, like we before, basically befriended him and he really liked us. And this is back when WW had their hand in mocap. It wasn't like independent guys like it is now.
Speaker 4: They would have WW guys do it.
Speaker 2: So and he part of that talent relationship was to like handpick who got to do that. And it was like an unbelievable opportunity because you're getting like I think got like five hundred a day plus like you don't have to go to practice for a week. He was great, you're on vacation in La basically, so he hand picked us.
Speaker 4: We spent a week with Mike Bouci and Stevie Richards doing.
Speaker 2: MOCAP for the video game, hanging out like doing John Cena's entrance Jeff Hardy's entrance in that game that year, and like we really bonded. So he already liked us like a lot. But like OVW people don't know this, you know, so then so we.
Speaker 4: Get the we're watching the post show meeting. We missed the show.
Speaker 3: We go there, we get there, they're cleaning up, they're doing the post row meeting and Mike Bouchi is standing there in front of everybody. And I'm paraphrasing this, but like Cody Road tells this story, Cody Road says, like I walked in as like a leather jacket.
Speaker 2: He said it was like Hall of Nash coming in, Like that's not like see, I definitely see why he would think that because it's this massive putover speech from Bucci and he.
Speaker 4: Made he called us out, made us come down.
Speaker 2: You did like a group hug, like a click asg like I'm so proud of these guys.
Speaker 4: Basically, like these guys rule. You should be glad they're the way Cody.
Speaker 2: Tells it, he's like, these guys are better than you. That's why they're on TV. They don't need to be here. But that's not what he said. He said, like, I'm so proud of you. You would certainly see why I rubbed the other town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was just trying to you know, it's like almost congratulated because we debuted the night before, two nights before. But an outsider looking in, it's like, fuck these guys, and plus from the coaches perspective, I'm sure they were thinking fuck these guys. And honestly, in our heads we were thinking, well, fuck this, why are we even here?
Speaker 2: We're on TV?
Speaker 4: Why are we starting this new developmental twenty two years old?
Speaker 3: And it was just a bad like And we discussed on the last episode. Like at OVW listen rock and Roll Express Hall of Famers, one of the greatest teams of all time, and their style of wrestlings. I love watching it, but at the time you couldn't do those four men in the ring. Dose does, but you couldn't do it in WE They were legit to squadify people on live TV if they were in for you know, one, two, three, four five DQ. So like in OVW, we're doing all these wild rock and Roll Express style spots, but we needed to practice like getting moving and get out. Yeah, so we weren't getting our reps in. It was just a style sclash if you will, and button heads. And I'm not I'm not saying that we weren't being disrespectful or or arrogant because we I don't know.
Speaker 4: If RAGA is the right word. But like, well, we're working for Postele tonight. You think he'll be okay with us doing some rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Yes, you guys are gonna get disqualified to talk to the booker man. Well, Wimer's gonna throw us.
Speaker 4: Out if we do that.
Speaker 1: All right, So I tried to say this in the beginning, but you cut me off. I haven't even opened the podcast yet. We'll fucking fifteen minutes in whatever. All right, here's the deal.
Speaker 4: There's a lot so much unpacked. We need to listen to part one.
Speaker 1: We've decided to do like kind of a career retrospective with these guys, and we're gonna take part portions of their career and do it in the Q and A style and interview style each month. First month we did their indie and like first starting their career training with Mike. You back that kind of deal. You can check that podcast out. It's on the Hard Foundation Feed. Then last week we did developmental, but we realized there was way more to it, so we decided to do a part two now last week.
Speaker 4: Last month, sorry, we didn't even talk about ovwe.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing. So that when we we basically got to the OVW part and then realized we haven't.
Speaker 4: Talked about there's still so much Deep South, right.
Speaker 1: But I'm not sure. Well, we have all these questions, questions.
Speaker 4: Maybe we even do a part three. I mean, we'll see what happens. It's just a lot.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not We did not do it linear. It wasn't linear. We're going we're job bouncing all over the place.
Speaker 2: Awesome and sorry, but like this sparks memories. Yeah, yeah, it's too hard to do that that way.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Max Herron says, what would you say are the biggest differences from when you were in developmental today, today's gen when.
Speaker 2: That was just talking about hands down, it's that disconnect where like OVW and deep stuff are literally their own worlds, right, and you're trying to make it to WW, and like you're here, you know, you need people from the road to tell you like, oh, Vince doesn't like Tegnans being in the ring for you know, disobeying the five count and burying the ref stuff like that, and you don't get that information, whereas like now the PC and nxcor like this in sync thing with W, where that kind of stuff would would never happen you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But like literally, especially Deep.
Speaker 2: South was its own world, living and literally living in its own world, you know, and like like you're groomed for ww television now like properly where you work on your character and what you are called up as, whereas like Gallows is the freaking deacon for two years and deep stuff, and then they go your festus and it's a completely different you know what I mean, Like that doesn't happen anymore, very rarely, I would say it was back then, it.
Speaker 3: Was like maybe fifty percent, like you would get called up as what you were doing in developmental right, right, Like look at Santino. Santino was like this this killer mma Russian guy and that becomes an Italian comedy guy, which at first was just an Italian guy.
Speaker 4: Like luckily he's good.
Speaker 3: It was able to to save his career because he was sinking as just Santino from Italy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, at.
Speaker 3: First he's he's supposed, he's said, you know, from the crowd from Italy.
Speaker 1: So there's like it was like a shooter gimmick he was doing.
Speaker 4: Like a rushing watch. He comes out like m m a yeah, like murders guys like, uh that he's taking a Cobra sock out.
Speaker 1: I didn't even never even thought of that. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: That's the biggest difference.
Speaker 2: And that's like thank god they've figured that out and fixed that, because like how do you deal with that?
Speaker 4: That's tough.
Speaker 2: And then the other word, like I don't I think obviously when someone gets a call up now there's like a heads up where like in ow be like we need this guy and he's like your champion and just f o W the story lines and everything that it happened all the time, and the bookers like especially like when Jim Cornett was there and he's so passionate, and Jody Hamilton was love deep southing, was so passion about it, and then this stuf would happened he liked and he'd be like, so live it like that, like his storylines in front of the fifty people that came there, you know. So it's like, god, you know, it's it's a bizarre situation looking back on it.
Speaker 1: Joe Clegg, was there any particular gear you guys had in developmental that you wish you could have gotten a figure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: So we wore tassels on our boots and we did a loop I believe we maybe we wore them on the livens and a dark match and Johnny Ace somehow Johnny John Loranidis, who was in charge then is in charge now, said like it was too like Ultimate Warrior, like it was not to wear it, and.
Speaker 4: He said then looked tough for something I think with it, and.
Speaker 2: Like I thought it was great to this day to wear tassels is so fun. You feel like faster, You feel like everything you do is like cooler because they're just like movid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 4: You have some customs though.
Speaker 1: So you so you would have you have tassels on the boots and trunks that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean basically like little Texas Tornadoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kept wearing the same trunks, but we had the tassels and we'd switch them out and then we'd have like matching wristbands and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Without the tassel, it's so boring, exactly. Uh, Jamie Ogden Brian wrestled on an early NXT show at Full Sale. Was it envisioned as being a third brand at the time or just another show?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I knew because.
Speaker 2: Let me, I want to say, Tyson Kidd and Kofea had like conversations with where they were like they had already been to NXT BEF the new xt is now before I'd gone, and they were like dude Hunters there and you can just tell this is like his thing, like it's his baby, and like he's host hunter who like no offense but like barely makes eye contact with main roster talent when he's there.
Speaker 4: Right he's he's holding these post show meetings.
Speaker 2: That we just talked about if they would do in this raw, raw like feel good thing. And I'm like I remember being there being like whoa, who.
Speaker 4: Is this guy?
Speaker 2: Like this is not the guy I've known for a year, you know, like you could tell you care about it, and like it grew to what it is, you know, like this beast it's it's on real television now, it's incredible. So I knew right away and I went, that was weird. I guess we didn't talk about this last time. In the summer of twenty thirteen. I believe that's when the PC opened and.
Speaker 1: Uh, everybody moved from Tampa to.
Speaker 2: They switched from Tampa to Orlando, and uh Mark Carono called me and I literally I thought I was getting fired.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, boys can not gonna be good.
Speaker 2: And I pick it up and he explained to me that there are a bunch of guys that they had weren't doing anything with, which was me.
Speaker 4: For sure. I was doing nothing.
Speaker 2: He's like, we want to send you to the PC and just kind of like take the classes and go and whatever and just just to be active and you know, kind of pitch stuff, do whatever you wanted. I was like, okay, and actually was very cool. I got paid. I basically I commuted like to Orlando every Sunday night and then I attend Billy Guns class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, there'sday Friday five home Friday afternoon, had the weekends at home in New York and I did it for a month.
Speaker 4: Wait where did you live in New York?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, wait no, but I'm saying, oh it was got.
Speaker 4: A hotel, a car, paid me. And then I go that when Ted Dbassi quit.
Speaker 2: Uh so, what I remember that people are supposed to do was me Ezekiel Jackson and Ted DBSTI Junior and Deed Junior basically with the business over it like never worked again, was like rather which I agree, Like I agree too, I mean I was definitely above it and like I mean it was. I loved it though, because like that's how I met Billy God.
Speaker 4: It was in his class. It was cool as hell.
Speaker 2: That's how I met like so many of the guys i'd eventually work with, Like that's where I met Mojo before I went to the mad Man Folded gotch was in my class, Sammy Callahan, like all these guys.
Speaker 4: Chris hero is like one of my really good friends. Was there. I kind of like he kind of showed me the lay of the land when I was.
Speaker 1: There, So it was like wrestling training you my.
Speaker 4: Full blown was in Billy Gun's class.
Speaker 2: But it would be like I've been wrestling for years at this point, right with almost ten years at this point, and we get in and be like do this tackle, drop down, leadbrug hip toss, and I'm like, do it once, nail it, flawless, get out, and I'm on the apron. Then I watched Mojo fuck it up for an hour on the apron and I'm just.
Speaker 4: Like it was cake for me. It was blast, like I love it. And then the other flips. I was great.
Speaker 2: I got to be back in Dusty's promo class right with a whole new.
Speaker 4: Crop of guys. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: I remember I picture just like New York Crew with like big cast an end zone and I got promo with them.
Speaker 4: Did that that's funny. I did this like shoot one.
Speaker 2: I remember because because Dusty would like challenge me and asked me to do different stuff.
Speaker 4: I love. It was fun.
Speaker 2: Zeke Zeke tried to do a rap which cose here I loves to talk about to this day. He tried to be like I don't know what he tried to do, like a big, big, badass rapper gimmick.
Speaker 3: I think if I had to go do drills like I couldn't do it because there's like there's after wrestling for almost twenty years, like you have your way of doing things, like I remember I went to just recently, I went to Tyler Breeze's yeah, and they're like, you're hitting the.
Speaker 4: Ropes the wrong way. I'm like, fuck off. I'm like, you're one of those those teachers who.
Speaker 3: Say you have to hit it with come up the ropes to your left foot, your right like, get the fuck out of here, come up the ropes.
Speaker 4: However, you want to come up the ropes, that's my opinion. Yeah, you come up the ropes. That's that's that's enough, right.
Speaker 2: And that's one of those things I always took from Bill that, like flavors of ice cream, you can't please everybody, and everyone has their own opinion. It's not only some things in wrestling are like that's absolutely the wrong way.
Speaker 4: That you can't hit toss with the left arm, right right right, okay. Yeah. For some things, I think if you make it look good, unbelievable, then that's fine. Who gives a ship?
Speaker 1: I asked you because I know some of the guys that came over from like FTW at CAP, like Coach for example, with Coach mamone hits like he does the Luca hitting the ropes like he's grabbing it with his arm.
Speaker 4: So he does it. I always loved the arm guys.
Speaker 1: One ever taught me that ever, and then I was and then I asked her, I was like, are you going to correct them? You're like, I don't really care. No, yeah, because they're.
Speaker 4: Hits it that way like seth rawlins. You can't hit the ropes that way, like funk off exactly cool. That was cool.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that know that you did that stuff. Were you like killing it in those like just so it was.
Speaker 4: A joke for me, Like it's a joke.
Speaker 2: I mean it was a breeze and it was fun and like I I've always like enjoyed. I mean it's it's a reflection on my school, Like I've been enjoyed the training aspect of.
Speaker 4: Pro wrestling, Like I like it.
Speaker 2: I would always find my I would always go back then my w I would always go to bat Bucks School in Jersey, like I just I just there's something about it.
Speaker 4: I've always loved it.
Speaker 2: I think it's like part of me from growing up, like with sports and stuff, it's kind of the same atmosphere.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why I hated it.
Speaker 1: Dude, It's so fun, Like I just enjoy you just play in the ring. We just play, like I like.
Speaker 2: The physicality of it, like the workout of it, like the regimented, like you know, being ready.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like the Brian will make up. Just here's the drill, like come in, you know whatever, hit up whatever, bring the ropes up and over twice or whatever. But when you do it. You get in and then you can do your own I do that, but smart Mark does it, and then it's fun. And then you're trying to you know, I'm trying to pop the guy.
Speaker 2: Something bizarre in there to challenge people, to make me challenge themselves, you know.
Speaker 1: Like make me do a drop kick or what. But it's fun and then it doesn't matter because it's practice. Yeah, it's it's great. I love it all right. Anyway, Jamie Ogden, I know Christian Garcia, who were some of the main roster legends, former ww stupors, ars, et cetera, who joined you guys in practices and shows any crazy stories that goal.
Speaker 4: I got one. So I remember we're doing a practice.
Speaker 3: We do the practice Deep South whatever Deep South we talked about last monk practices were hard, and Bill DeMott says like, hey, come back later in the day.
Speaker 2: We have a special guest. I'm thinking, like, oh, man, who's gonna be He basically just made a like unannounced to a day. I'm like, drain our ass off all morning. He goes, take a lunch break, be back at one ready to go. We got a very special guest coming in, saw Michaels no, I guess, like who do you think who could who could it be? Uh?
Speaker 4: I have no idea Big Veto. Oh my dress wearing big Veto.
Speaker 3: Okay, so big Veto, Big Vito comes in now he's doing well that's when he was doing like that gimmick right right, anyway, we.
Speaker 4: Dress, so he comes in Big Veto.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget he's wearing these where we do like this this like almost it's called like man in the Middle where it kind of where he wants to stay in. I guess he wants to get back in ringships. He just wants to be in there with a bunch of people. So like everyone's on the apron like tagging in and just working Veto so you can like blow up and whatever get in a ring shape.
Speaker 4: And he's wearing.
Speaker 3: These these gray WrestleMania pants like sweatpants. Right, he's in there. I believe he's in there with Taylor Wild yes, and you could tell. He starts to get a boat and we're all like on the apron like, broo, he's got a boat.
Speaker 2: It was a chubby for sure. Let's get wild horrendous horendous day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what about actual like oh, my god, I can't believe.
Speaker 4: Then I would come down all the time. I think that's how I want to live pretty close regal. I think that's how MVP got his break because like actually works for real a lot with Dave Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Ben would come down and trade with like m v P and then when MVP gets called up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Michael Maniaki, what was one piece of advice someone gave you down in developmental that totally changed your perception of the business or open your eyes to a different point of view?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So before I don't want to I hope we're not coming across like we're bearing else now because I don't want to convey that point because that's not how I feel. I think he actually did teach us a lot of things, and one thing that at the time I thought was so annoying, but I do believe he is right, and it's very very simple. He would ask, what is the story of your match? So you every that's what this is storytelling, right, So like I think so many people now are trying to get their shit in and their moves, and but what's the story? Like that's I think you need to before every match, like not every match is gonna have this elaborate story back with backstory, But you can make a story in a match. You can tell a story, and that's what wrestling is. So if you don't have a story in your.
Speaker 4: Match, what the fuck are you doing? Right? And I think that's very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would always preach I actually always kind of it's weird.
Speaker 4: The older you get, the more like resonates.
Speaker 2: But less more. And it just sounds like the most boring, stupid thing to say, but in wrestling, it really matters, like less is more. Like that just to cram all your ship in a certain amount of time does not make your match better.
Speaker 4: You're actually hurting yourself by doing that. You know. I agree hard to tell young eager guys that it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Joe Bronson gets so pissed he goes, no, more is more, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: And then Teddy Hart said one of those post show meetings that ob w now is given the same boring less is more guy to give him the speech. And then Teddy art, more is more from everybody, from everybody.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget it, but he's right.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing that Al always said that I always kept too, was how valuable.
Speaker 4: Television time is. Yes, you know what I mean, like did not like take that for granted?
Speaker 2: Like how like how and especially if you do the financials of it, like what a one seg match on row financially is for like ww, what they're investing in you to give you that time and that like it's a lot and to be taken.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Holy shit, that is a really good point. Yeah, that is really good. But somebody was just talking about that the other day that even if it's a minute better the best fucking minute that you can possibly.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, because it's precious.
Speaker 3: Another another al thing that you know, I think this also Bill was a preacher of this too, is that like you know, sometimes.
Speaker 4: How can I put this? Like nothing?
Speaker 3: Sometimes it doesn't have to be formulaic, doesn't need to be shine heat comeback. I remember once in OVW were doing this like we would kind of we were butting heads with Al and I wanted to like make him angry, right, so we came up with this spot. It was Brian and I against uh Drew McIntyre and what was his name is Wadeber What was the name at the time, Sam Sanders and like Wade had like the or Drew had the kilt. So I had this idea, like, well, what if like in the heat, like they have the heat on me and Brian like gets drops out off the apron, crawls under the rig, steals Drew back in tires, kilt, gets up and throws it in Drew's face, And I rolled up in the heat one two three, and like we got to the back and Alice clap and he's like.
Speaker 2: You finally got it, you get it? Like she was so happy. So I was like, what, like we were trying to make you bad and you thought this was great, like but it like taught me like as not everything. Sometimes it doesn't have to be shine.
Speaker 4: He makes him stand out, you know, being different.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I think some people try to be different all the time for the sake of being different.
Speaker 4: There's that fine line you gotta walk.
Speaker 1: That this is this is all good points uh back smash Master. Actually, I know he's listening to this and he trains the New England Wrestling New England Pro Wrestling Academy and he talks about that all the time. His big thing is it doesn't you know you can start in the heat or whatever.
Speaker 4: You can run.
Speaker 2: It's just the people that I hate, the idiots. I go, look, shiny comic doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: That's still ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I think I would also say that as well, but it does right of course. Yes, it's simple storytelling. And I remember when Mikey Whipp this is like really backtrack. Mikey Whipper did it on like a dry erase board once and that blew my mind. Like I was watching wrestling for eighteen years at that point and never put that together.
Speaker 2: There's a shine yet I'll never forget walking and seeing that being like, my mind is blown.
Speaker 1: WHOA, I don't think I learned it until I came the captain.
Speaker 4: Damn Mark.
Speaker 1: That's hundreds of matches.
Speaker 4: It's wild.
Speaker 1: Well we never learned.
Speaker 4: By the family. He's still trying to.
Speaker 1: There are schools though that they don't.
Speaker 4: Of course. It's like Finley in the Vine Man. That's that's happened it all over the right. What do you do?
Speaker 1: You can watch an indie match and you're like, oh yeah, Jordan and GIBRONI apart from the infamous taped fists incident, was there ever a piece of vice direction or order that just made you think, what the f So maybe the opposite of the last question.
Speaker 2: Oh here's what we did touch o this one my fair And I don't know if this really fits the answer to this question. One time we come in on a Monday and Bill goes, everybody's performing their favorite match on Friday.
Speaker 3: I don't even think it was like a Monday, the friday. I think it was like tomorrow. No, because we got a couple of nights and still even I think we have one day to study. Maybe it's all right, I'll let you tell us. It could be like Tuesday to Friday. This is like a ridiculous thing. Why why would you ever recreate a match?
Speaker 4: Like? What is he just said this Friday, we're recreating your favorite match? Pair up? Do it? We were just like, what is okay? Bill, Well, we're gonna show you.
Speaker 2: We were like, all right, motherfucker, it's on and we fucking dude mister us Bretteart SummerSlam ninety one. We go to Walmart. We buy like women's workout stuff. I make the baby blue single lit like he just makes Brett glasses. We found like like a pink notebook with like a plastic cover, and we cut it out and made Brett shade.
Speaker 3: Yeah because I had the bread chades but there at home, so we made him out of like a p if I can make them have a notebook at Walmart and matel.
Speaker 4: We were so bout.
Speaker 2: We had Kevin matthewschool and take pictures that we still have like promo shots of us like me is mister perfect and he's Brett, And then we watched We definitely studied the maund the Spots and ship and we recreated like Spots.
Speaker 4: With the jazz classic icy title. Yeah, we came I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's tough because I mean, you know, they were working on the fly for a lot of that too, So.
Speaker 4: We were doing it all day. Like the headlocked takeovers. There's a lot of headlock takeovers.
Speaker 2: We do the rip single at the end, you know, til he gets the single off and the bails dude. So like no one else took this seriously at all, like zero percent, like embarrassing to a te like and that we let them all go first. We told Bill like we'd like to go last. Do we play the music deep South? We came out full entrances, killed it.
Speaker 4: To down the house.
Speaker 2: The boys are going crazy and shit and just kind of like flipped whatever it was supposed to be. We flipped it on its ass like for everybody and Bill included. And I know the tape exists because Built taped everything. So Bill probably has a VHS tape. He's had the Jelly Donut tape.
Speaker 4: Definitely has that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's like one of those things that's like so stupid, but it was awesome because it just helped kind of pass the time of.
Speaker 4: Like being there, you know, like and yeah, but some kind of like camaraderie.
Speaker 1: I guess Broski says he doesn't get it, but we have a cap. You've made us do things. Not that, but you would say you have to wrestle as the undertaker, so you know we'd actually drawn names out of a hat.
Speaker 4: That that I understand though.
Speaker 2: That's like thinking differently, getting out of your shell and hit that changed Bronson's career doing that drill one time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know the Triple H when and no I had him wrestlers.
Speaker 4: Missy Sampson remember her.
Speaker 2: And it's just like because Joe's a very nice guy, very to himself, and like he hadn't like we hadn't seen.
Speaker 4: Him like coming out of his shell.
Speaker 2: And Missy Sampson's this like big Lady Wrestler was like new jersey of these, and then you've got Missy Sampson. It like he had this like gear change and was like menacing and like it literally it altered his whole like training.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I remember Dave Taylor was saying when he was watching these matches, and he was like, you just.
Speaker 4: Did like that move so great. Why don't you start doing this move?
Speaker 2: You know, like because I was doing like the like back breaker like something like that, and I still I don't think I've ever done it since then. I was like, I think I was making fun of like the way the rock kicked somebody, and they was like those I remember some similar things, like that looks great.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just do that?
Speaker 2: I don't understand they're like trying to make fun of rock kicks, but these look better than your real kids.
Speaker 1: That is very true. I feel like somebody we made them a little shake then, right, yeah, yeah, we made somebody change their gimmick because they were so good, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't remember cop no, not thats based of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was somebody who did I don't know, some some match like that. All right, Brian Cole, if you had to begin your development into wrestling at twenty twenty one, where would you start? What would be different? Similar? That's a very interesting point.
Speaker 3: I'm not even gonna blow smoke up Brian's ass, but like, if you're living like the triced area, how do you not go to create a bro.
Speaker 1: At this point? At this point, if you want to be a pro wrestler in the world, in the United States, why would you not move to New York?
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Like, besides, like, okay, we're in this pandemic, but like the Northeast the longest time has been like the spot for indies and plus like he's you know, he's banging out aw guy after aw guy, aw girl.
Speaker 4: Right, why would if you live in the Tri cit why the funk wouldn't you go there? I don't understand. I think a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Is people like it's very few people really really want this. I just want to be involved in it. So like if you go to like some Jibrilan school and you have a match maybe once a month, like that's sometimes even people will lie to themselves and pretend like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to make a w W. They're not like they're content with just be a Weekend Warrior or whatever. So that's fine, that's what your goal is whatever.
Speaker 1: But also the captain is is a commitment. And there are a lot of people that get into wrestling and become successful in wrestling, I feel, but when they were initially got in it, they were literally just trying it out. I could say that I was trying it out.
Speaker 4: I guess I can't relate to that because.
Speaker 1: No, because you wanted to be the w W superstar when I did it.
Speaker 4: People are coming to Grandbro. It's one at every twenty five have like our mindset, yes, the way we were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people are like I would like to try this.
Speaker 2: I literally don't because I don't. Credipro is not like a cash grab, Like if you're just like if this is not for you, or especially if a bad attitude, get we get rid of you real quick.
Speaker 4: But like I.
Speaker 2: Alway say, hey, I don't want your money right now, just come and watch a practice and let's go from there. Oh yeah, Like it's not worth it for me to have someone like Ruin. What cret pro is you know.
Speaker 4: Right right for sure? Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jonah Armitage, What was the best extra talent spot you guys ever had during developmental example being seen him punk in Sina's. There's only an entrance, there's Bob Rudez cop ons back.
Speaker 3: Now there's only one it's Massive Square Garden. So we got a call and I remember Brian. This is like before, like people had their cell phones on them at all time. Like Brian is like he's played like fucking softball to your friends at college, and I'm like, Tommy.
Speaker 4: Dramer wants us at the garden tomorrow. You're like, fucking call me back. I'm leaving the voicemails and stuff. And he had to drive back. We went to Massive Square Garden first of all.
Speaker 1: Because you were up infield.
Speaker 3: This is before, like you know, everyone, if you're in the business, you're like a roller bag like I had like.
Speaker 4: A big Nike Duffel bag. I didn't have like a roller ba. We didn't know the fucker would do it.
Speaker 2: I remember Dan Barry told us it's disrespectful to have a rollerbag of you, but if you I'll.
Speaker 4: Never have that, damn.
Speaker 2: Barry said, it's disrespectful to have a roller bag if you haven't had a few years in the business yet, because you just not, you know, arrogantly roller your bag past veterans or whatever. So like we did have rollerback.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought Pat Buck was a piece of shit, because he would bring his roller backs dead YWC. He would come into ed YWC with like suit. One time, he's wearing this fucking bright yellow dress shirt. He had a hot bay of on his arms, the roller back with this piece of shit.
Speaker 2: It was right when that first Rick Flair DVD came out and everybody wanted to be Lair and he was.
Speaker 4: Giving us like the no look, headshake and stuff like that. I thought was like ten years old.
Speaker 2: He's a year older if you're listening the way he carried himself such a pro He was.
Speaker 4: Such a dick to us at the beginning though, especially me.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know why anyway, So we go to mess g we don't know anything. We're shaking, We're trying to be super respectful. We're shaking everyone's has like fucking the stage hands like we don't know. I'll never forget. Keep it like a mental checklist. Look, oh my god, I didn't you shake Tompco's hand today because you know.
Speaker 4: His hand. So then of course we're looking around. We've never been there.
Speaker 2: MSG's super show. By the way, it was a smacked down table on a ROTI. So everyone's there, Oh Edie right crazy.
Speaker 4: So we're we're walking around and I don't know.
Speaker 1: What was the extra what was the extra locker story?
Speaker 4: So we don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't recall if someone said this is where the locker room is, we saw the male talent.
Speaker 4: We just walk into mail talent. I'm critic jbl the MSG.
Speaker 3: We're shaking hands and then uh, it was Eminem's debut and I told the story at Morrisons.
Speaker 4: They win the tag. It's like their second or third night they win the tags. Are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I told the story at Morrison's wedding. He comes like, hey, guys, uh, there's a locker room for guys like you over there, and he affords us the extra talent, thank god. And it's this like little closet and I remember like Daniel Brian was there, but I had no idea who he was because he had like a shaved head of his log beard looked home, bless girl.
Speaker 2: And I was in the clear oposica because at this time, like Ring of Honor is like my favorite ship two thousand and five, and I had just been with Ja Silva at a Ring of Honor, so that he made evented like a weekend before. Maybe I was like, what the fuck? And now me and him in the same like position like was nuts to me.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm sorry who I missed who it was?
Speaker 3: And then I remember it's like a little in the room. The the it's like.
Speaker 4: A little closet.
Speaker 3: Neever trist status comes into like she's like, oh, can I come and try out this outfit?
Speaker 4: Like sure? And then she's like, well can you leave? It's crazy. That was Rick Michael's right after the ranks our gear now which we didn't.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh my god, change changed?
Speaker 1: Why would he? Why would she change?
Speaker 3: In your electoral No, because it wasn't a locker room seamsters were She just got some new gear and we're sitting there like hide and scared to death that she comes in she goes, oh, do you guys mind if I try these on in here?
Speaker 4: And we're like, oh, yeah, no problem. She goes leave like we were like we were not we were not getting what was going on. The best bars like comes in, one of your dads are here.
Speaker 2: My dad flashed his badge to get back stages walking around fucking SmackDown.
Speaker 4: No, no, this is my heart.
Speaker 3: My heart sank like a bright pink like Abercrombie and Fitch polo ship.
Speaker 4: Why would he do that?
Speaker 1: Did you say, Dad, get the fuck out of here?
Speaker 2: Reega man fucking crazy ho shit. The other thing that this is like way off. But someone who's making jokes yesterday about it if you've ever been a Druid and I was thinking, we remember we did that, embarrassing that.
Speaker 4: We were major brothers.
Speaker 2: We're major brothers on TV such Jabron's. They ran out of bodies and they made us be Druids on a SmackDown and are thinking like, holy shit, this is not good, Like really yeah, how brutal is that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: They went the Sandals out of the Druid outfit. I never forgot where like so like bummed the battle like it's so like uh defeating and then brad Jay or Jay Bradley or Aid Noches a zillion wrestling names.
Speaker 4: He was always stuck with me Boys fifth time being a droop like thanks Bro really pumped.
Speaker 3: But that that MSG day I ended up working uh Matt Morgan, and I remember like on the back in the day, they would like Sergeant Slaughter would write out the card.
Speaker 4: And it'd be like post it everywhere.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't be Matt Cardona because it's Matt Morgan. His name is Matt, so it can't be two mats. So it was uh Brett Cardona. But they never announced me anyway, so it doesn't matter. But I stole the sheet and I still have it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: So I wrestled Matt Morgan. He was more nervous than I was. It was his like stuttering debut gimmick. I remember like backstage were going over it. He was like showing me on the floor practicing his pushes.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 4: We watched that uh Live six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was a fun little match, and like I I thought, that was like, oh my god, I made it.
Speaker 4: I wrestled. I mean a whole shadow box out of it. Where is that It's in my garage anywhere.
Speaker 1: I felt the same way when I did the Viking Raiders.
Speaker 3: I felt like if I never if I never do anything else, no one could take that away from you if I if I never do anything else, I got wrestled on some back dad a massive regard and like I did.
Speaker 4: It, like I really thought, like I did it right. That was it. If I never made it right.
Speaker 1: One time, just one time I did. The Sheep guys we were beating up Brandy Orton and they ran.
Speaker 2: I remember that because that was most of it was you guys, and ro Doug pulled me aside, like because it was going into mania, right, yes, these guys cannot hurt him like this is like it was kind of scary.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Like they're putting the ship kicking Orton in the sheep.
Speaker 1: Mask like in the dark, and I was like off right, but they were nervous, so they made actual guy like the Ascension maybe sent one of the Ascension guys that Simon gotcha and his partner and ate English had to do it. And they were bummed. They were bummed that they had to be sheep people with the extras.
Speaker 4: Defeeding man, we have nothing for you on television, but you know it is what it.
Speaker 1: Is, uh okay? Jonathan Burgos During developmental, were there any places you guys would hang out regularly. Any funny story.
Speaker 4: Double Double D's was the spot and uh McDonough. That was wild.
Speaker 2: But then honestly, Louisville maybe more fun because it's Fourth Street, which is this awesome like strip of like all these different bars and it's got like there's like I don't know if it's all the time now, but there was this rule where you could you could like go take your drink to each spot.
Speaker 4: You just like walk around the like they was shut down the streets like cars.
Speaker 1: And there's no cars.
Speaker 2: And then it's like I want to say, it's like a lot of areas are like enclosed and like yeah, and you're allowed to just kind of like bar hop with your drink.
Speaker 4: It's almost like a like a Saint Patty's bark roll every night. That's cool.
Speaker 3: The first that we went out, I like blacked out in the bushes and woke up in the bushes and lost my.
Speaker 4: Phone bright and the same night.
Speaker 2: It was it was Derby weekend, which is like the biggest party weekend and in Louisville and just sat when the first time we got there and we went out and like rage so hard, like we lost we like lost each other. I woke up like a Casey James apartment floor, like like not like.
Speaker 4: Who he is? Where I was not? Like it was just nuts?
Speaker 2: Man was the partying was a blast, A lot of it. I'd do with chas everyone will go and like just rage.
Speaker 1: It was so fun, right, uh, Alyssa, Margaret, what is the best piece of advice someone gave each of you during billmental kind of kind of already.
Speaker 4: I really wish you would preread these questions.
Speaker 1: Sucking Chez Robinson, uh asked on Twitter. But now that you guys don't work for the w W, would you attend WrestleMania as fans?
Speaker 4: No? No, that's an interesting question.
Speaker 3: If if like Chelsea was in there, like like I saw Russev went to see Lana, that's an exception.
Speaker 4: That would be.
Speaker 1: Exception in a box like he's sitting like yeah, yeah thirty four, that's the exception.
Speaker 3: But like I would go in complete hiding. I wouldn't be a hat like face man, even though no pandemic wear the mask woo head Ben why I wouldn't want to get recognized.
Speaker 1: All right, But yeah, you wouldn't be going fans, you'd be going friends and family really yeah, Josh Hoaganzale is best and worst match.
Speaker 4: During your time in developmental.
Speaker 3: Jeez, we had a couple of bangers with Deuce and Domino. I definitely I remember when this is a bad match that it is my fault. We were wrestling Charles the Hammer Evans and uh Bam Neely what was he like ox Oxen Hammer, So I remember the finish was supposed to be I think, uh, ox has you like in like a fallaway slam position, and I'm supposed to drop kick from the top of missile, drop kick Brian's back and then he landsed on one, two three. But for some reason, like I don't know what the fuck I was thinking, like I just did the drop kick and I dropped kicked Oxes back, so.
Speaker 4: He like slammed like world strugg slams Brian down. It was something like he was supposed to feed, then you jump before you fed.
Speaker 3: Something like maybe or maybe I thought like I was gonna kick in the road swing Brian like body slam roll up style. I don't know if there was miscommunication or what, but either way, the funk ups on me because I kicked him back, he drops him. So then we like we Luckily we had another finish lined up that we did, but it was I hate messing up, and like, that's when it's on you.
Speaker 4: It's on you.
Speaker 2: And I think in that same match I used to I used to this all time when I was a baby face, Like you jumped daytail, so you jump off the second and turn into a cross body like run up like up and over style, you spin and I slipped, yeah, and I give it to like I basically catch him like an ankle across body. And then the other guy had this whole thing was Sean and Hunter were there basically scoting over there to like shut it down retrospect, and I remember albuting.
Speaker 4: Like you guys were spooked. D X was here and you know you spooked kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Were like, I don't really think that was it. We just had a ship match out, but thanks, huh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, well, I can't believe you don't remember that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's the same one. But Charles A M Were like it was he's this big dude. It was hard to work him. How old is that? Their manager was Tomaso? Yeah, there their manager.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even like allowed to be a wrestler though he signed was Tomasa Champa when we worked them, whoa.
Speaker 4: He's just like he was like a Thomas pen and he was like the skinny like nerd character.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I wrestled Thomas on the Indies way back. It's like a six man.
Speaker 4: We actually pinned him.
Speaker 2: I pinned him to win the tag titles because it's like a special match where we make it's like three on two and we make him be in there.
Speaker 3: And I wish I don't have any pictures of us with the tag titles besides the one of us Brad Jay and our whole coc and.
Speaker 4: Cupboard cutout that before out the four Street One Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we came in and within a weeks we were the tag champs and Brad was the heavyweight chat but.
Speaker 4: I think we all lived together. Yeah, I think we hated Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh Coley Peak. Did any larger stars such as Ray seen a Taker, Triple AhR Orton give you any advice? He says, once you hit the main roster, But was there any kind of connection? Did any of those guys ever show up to developmentals?
Speaker 2: So people come all the time to do big shows, especially Obi w because would have those the six Wakes shows and they'd always have like a big headliner. God dude, we hung out with them while two weeks before he died all night long, like on Fourth Street and bar hopped with.
Speaker 4: Them and hung it like just us him and like Jesse and Festus. Was that Fourth Street we like?
Speaker 2: Would we started there, I want to say, and then went to like other bars and yeah what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely remember going out with them. Oh yeah, I don't remember. I didn't know where it was, but I remember that and he was so intimating and he wanted to say the wrong thing. But he liked us a lot actually, So.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we told we tell the Benwall story.
Speaker 2: No, okay, so you never talked about Yeah, well, early in the podcast days were terrified to say his name.
Speaker 3: But then while for somebody took a liking to us. I think he realized that we were like like true fans, and he would come to Deep South every once in a while, so knew us there. So we were, you know, we were doing live event loops and usually as the major brothers, but not the main roster yet. So we'd go up and we do a week in the loops and then we'd usually have the dark match, but against like Katea Murdoch or whatever. So we had a dark match that's Cada Murdoch and ben Wa pulled us aside and said like hey, like he didn't have to do this. He said something like, I want to watch your match with you in Catering because in Catering they usually.
Speaker 2: Have like the we have the tape of the HS tape into like a you know, TV with a VH built into it, and you could like watch last week's stuff, and he.
Speaker 4: Wanted to like critique.
Speaker 2: I said, you know, when none of the vets are there, and if you see the TV is free, you tell me and I'll watch it with you.
Speaker 4: And we were like, okay, thanks Chris, and.
Speaker 2: I'll bet I'll never forget this, Okay. So first he watched, we watched the match. He gives us feed no no, no skipped them. He says this to us in the day. Obviously it's early to day.
Speaker 4: The boys are all there, the TV is not free, and I think you were like, hey, it's free.
Speaker 2: We should ask him. He said something and said you're right. So we find him nowhere near Catering, deep in the bowels of this arena and he would always chew on the coffee stir. He was walking chewing on a coffee store and we're like, oh, mister manma, like the TV's free, if you'd like to watch the match, you know, we'd love to do it. And he her negles, he's the we stir in his mouth.
Speaker 4: He's like, let's go. It's just like scary. And then he went and were like silent marching with Ben Wade catering to watch the match. And then he watched them, and.
Speaker 3: He couldn't have been cooler, asking us like who we grew up like watching and who we wanted to be like.
Speaker 4: So he gives us the feedback, great feedback. Whatever.
Speaker 3: The next week. The next week, okay, the same tape is playing, Chris is watching it. Chris thinks that it's a new tape and that we didn't listen to his advice.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And then now we have to correct him, which is equally scary.
Speaker 4: Likes that's less, that's.
Speaker 1: Promise you like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we had Like the people who didn't know us thought we were tough enough people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all from tough enough. I forget that we had this.
Speaker 2: It's a ship match, It's what it's It's a major brother main roster smack the match in the summer of seven, and it's supposed to be a get over match with us against Chavo and Jamie. Know when Java jam don't do not want.
Speaker 4: To Chavo the first of all.
Speaker 2: Chava's the cruiserway chap and then they tell jab that he can't get pid because he's not important to that Hessed. It's a whole it was, I mean, and I don't blame him for being pissed about it. And then like we're calling it like Chava won't even speak to us, he doesn't want to do it. Jamie sitting there like I remember, like y'all from Tough Enough Rat, It's just like silence.
Speaker 4: Were like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know why we just had and like I just had that like stigma just two like I guess pretty twenty.
Speaker 4: Three year old kids like men. You know, I don't blame him.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. You guys even talked to Ben whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we we legit went out with him, partied with him for sure. Yeah, We're we're on that loop. That he's not there. We lived that whole weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck, I had no idea you ever hear The fuck is horrible, But so like we all it's Monday night row Vince had b blew up in the limbo of the week before, right, so we have to be at raw all in black.
Speaker 4: We got the talent email. Everyone where funeral attire, so there's like ready or whatever. So there's like a coffin, like they're gonna it's gonna make a coffin on the stage. So it was just really weird and we get curious.
Speaker 3: Fuck man, we get called to ringside all in black and like oh my god, like and that's where we hear the news about Chris's passing the family and what the tragedy and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But years later I found out J T.
Speaker 3: G thought we were going to Wrestler's Court because he was like messing around with rat. So so what he hears that we're going, he thinks he's going to wrestler's court.
Speaker 4: He hears his big meat.
Speaker 2: He gets out there, he sees like triple A trapids He's like, oh my god, this is the worst Wrestler's court ever. Got so much heat and then it's that and then like everyone forgot about the rout thing. Oh my god, it's in his book. I'm not telling like a Kpape story, it's it's in jtg's book.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's something I don't really want to get into. The whole weekend. I mean, we lived it.
Speaker 2: It's there's a lot of stuff, but other like Vince gives that message and everyone's just it's dead silence, and then all of a sudden you just hear.
Speaker 4: And then like I kind of like peer over and it's Elijah Bird crying.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: Like there's just some weird scene.
Speaker 2: Man, it was just like some what It's something that like you just don't forget stuff if you live something like that, Like I have so many vivid vivid vivid. There's weekends of my career I've completely forgotten. Don't Eve couldn't tell you one thing about I can tell you literally every day. I will always remember that that building for two reasons.
Speaker 3: That and that is a building where I couldn't fix the tire and cane the place Corpus Christy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Jeesus, Jesus.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna say it's Vicky Guerrero or something.
Speaker 2: Vicky was crying, got like escorted out team Michael grabbed round, I remember, and then we're all sitting there like stun silence, like it felt like twenty seconds maybe, and then that's the first thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, we all cry. All right.
Speaker 1: A couple questions, all right, l vlog star, when you were thinking of moves, what was one move that you'd always wanted to do that you got to do it and one that you have never attempted or landed?
Speaker 4: You tell the crime time. So we didn't tell that. Oh okay. So in OBW they watched Deep South. Yes, both parties were supposed to.
Speaker 2: Both schools were instructed to, like, like we Deep South to have our tape review of our show, and we were supposed to. It was supposed to bleed into right away we watch job W. It was like a mandatory thing. But Jody Hamlson be like, we're the best. God damn, we're not watching that bullshit, Like he didn't want to still like watch, so we never watched it. We would steal it like the DVDs would come and we were supposed to watch it, and like we would steal and watch it like or take it home and watch.
Speaker 4: It or whatever. But we were never forced to watch it.
Speaker 2: Apparently like al was following the rules in OBW and they would do theirs and they were they would sit through boring ass deep South shows like forced.
Speaker 4: To watch us. They were seeing us all the time. I think you came up with the the move. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the move is like Brian has them up like in a samoan drop, and then I got on the second and I do like almost like a blockbuster as he does.
Speaker 4: The samo and drop. Yeah. The wait do you guys do tonight? We haven't done since we watched it. Oh, bro, I was gonna kill him in Saudio Arabia.
Speaker 2: I still don't even think it's my fault, of course, because Brian will never take it fifty to fifty, I'd still say, Brian, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Remember this right.
Speaker 4: You need to wait for me to connect before you bump.
Speaker 3: Brian bumped. There's I cannot I'm not spider man. I can't catch up. Once you fall, I can't catch up. There's nothing I can do. Taking full credit it, but you bumped before I before I get.
Speaker 4: Like, we've done it a million times. I don't know. I need to raise him and then you budn't feel like I did anything different. That's whatever. We watched it there in Saudi Arabia and then anything. So we do it in Deep South. It's our finish and like we're the chance. I mean, we do it all the time like it's our thing. It's our thing, and especially if you're forced to watch the show.
Speaker 3: Here's another thing that I like. Another like Bill would beg us do things for some reason. He would like make us like flip flop it sometimes like just he's like and I didn't understand why, Like but the Hart Foundation don't flip flop. Yeah, and like so we had to like flip up and it was always this awkward you know when you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: So Pat Buck he called Mew and I guess they were watching the tape and Crime Time so and they said, like.
Speaker 2: Stealing it and they knew they were debuting and they needed to finish on Raw and they're like stealing it.
Speaker 4: And Pat's like, hey, dude, I'm pretty sure they could like debuting Raw Monday and use your guys finished just get mer heads up. We're like, nah, they won't do that. We don't know them at all. We've never met them, Like, no way they did. We're watching all that night.
Speaker 3: Here, sure, and they did it a little differently where like they don't JTG isn't on the second he's like running and does it, which I don't think looks as impactful.
Speaker 4: But whatever, they did it so then we couldn't do it. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's insane, But that's pro wrestling. I mean, Heath will tell you if if we got him down the hall is he never shuts up about it. That Ziggler did the same thing to He debuted as Dolph Ziggler, and Heath was doing the zig zagg developmental for years and it was like his move and he just.
Speaker 4: Flat out like, but that's that's the wrestling business, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember Michael Hayes once told me that I had to stop doing my jumping clothes line in the comeback because Roman Reigns does it. Said Michael, it's a closed line, Like I'm not doing the spear here.
Speaker 2: One time I beat like a ray On Main Event or whatever Superstars with my top row belbow, which if I ever won, I would do that years years and years. He goes, what in the hell was that? And I was like what what the top row bilbow? I'm like, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: I see him punks move and I was like, what is it? I'm taking crazy pills. I wish you would say it now because everyone does anyone else's moves that now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good luck?
Speaker 1: Did you guys like was there like practice where like you're working on moves or is that like open ring type type ring stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah there you like it didn't really exist though a developmentally just open ring where you can do stuff if you wanted to stay extra. It was never like, all right, here's here's an open ring time how to stay extra?
Speaker 4: Right right right?
Speaker 2: You did so much drills and bumping, Like fuck, what else could you do? Like because stay back and tout out this power bomb.
Speaker 4: With me and nobody wants to do Ye need a part three? You can keep going?
Speaker 1: It's too many story Daniel Brewer The living situation when you hit when you get to the city, are you living with three or four guys to an apartment living w deep South?
Speaker 2: Either Deep South is us together and deep sad? We move into this apartment beautiful, I think it was.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's brand new, no one ever lived in it.
Speaker 2: Like what I felt like an unbelievable washing and dryer, big nice kitchen there. When we got furniture, we got the Washington dryer. Yeah yeah, we rent them. We made and we made it like nice. Like we went and got like a dining table, couch set, all this stuff. And I think we signed we signed like a weird like eight month lease or something like something weird like that, and it was coming up.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was just six months maybe, and it was coming up.
Speaker 2: And we knew like we wanted to be able to like get go home as soon as possible, like once we like things situated and we got called up or.
Speaker 3: Whatever back then, Like okay, now NX is different, it's not developmental anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, we know that the people are there forever five years. Sometimes it wasn't like that and we wor deep South. It was either there for a year or so or you're fired.
Speaker 4: It was like a you're fired, you don't have to stay. It's like no one will just stay in mcdime like we called up soon or not.
Speaker 2: I like to have that lease and to bound the least. There's a lot of money, like right, OK, you don't want to be in that situation. So then we really hit it off with Danny Inferno was Danny Jimondo and he was living with this girl. I don't know if they were like engage or something. And then they had this awesome house that we would go hang out with then watch wrestling. It was like an it was a house house, Yeah it connect Was it connected to another house or is it stand alone? Remember I think it's a standalone. And then like they broke up and he had this awesome, like unbelievably furnished, big house that we go hang out watch wrestling, and then like they broke up, and I guess she took all the stuff.
Speaker 4: We went over one day and he was like watching wrestling in a lawn chair in this big living room. We're like what the hell.
Speaker 2: And we're like, well, our lease is coming up, like we'll move in with all our stuff and that way we can help you pay the rent. And then like we don't have a lease, we have to break you know who. We can just bail when we bail, And he was like, oh deal. So we had this like big cool house for a long time. How long were you there?
Speaker 4: Another six month till the end?
Speaker 1: I remember we was so you only lived in that apartment for like six months, but feels the eternity.
Speaker 2: It feels like for I think it was like a weird like eight months May we did four months with Inferno.
Speaker 3: I remember we went because now we had a backyard, and we went to Walmart and got a trampoline and.
Speaker 4: One day I bought him. We went and just got a tramplate and would just mess around the trampline in the back. Yeah, doesn't gall. No, I don't know where it went. I mean it's got dead and gone. Oh yeah, it must be.
Speaker 2: And then in Louisville we did kind of the same thing, but we got a three bedroom with Brad Jay with the same intentions of like we gotta get.
Speaker 1: Out of here, all right, Ben King, He must be Australian. Were there any Australians in developmental during your time and did they enjoy McDonough No, No, there wasn't.
Speaker 4: As many like international, especially McDonough like there a lot of people. Yeah, not a lot of Like there was like probably teny Omega and shot Tala from Canada. I can't think of anyone.
Speaker 1: Else even oh, he says, yeah, he says Canada.
Speaker 4: And TJ eventually came from Canada. You can't think of like Kofe was from Boston, Jamaica. Boston, Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Nathan Ramos in developmental do you learn how to go through a table?
Speaker 4: Or is it more okay a funny story.
Speaker 3: So I remember we were wrestling Mike Knox and I believe Derek Nikerk, and we convinced Jody Hamilton to let me go through a table. But we had to go buy one, and we drove around and we finally found one, and it was like it was like a wooden table. It was like a little smaller. We still used it and I went through it and for the longest time, I saved like a piece of the broken table.
Speaker 4: But I don't know where it is.
Speaker 2: I think he might have got lost in one of my moves. Wow, but nobody taught me how to do it. I love that Knox Sniker for fun to wrestle. We had a good, really good match to them. I remember at the arena. Not that loud of that one.
Speaker 1: A couple more questions. This is a good one, Marcus Avitilla. What was the hardest drill you guys had to do during developmental training?
Speaker 2: I think a good I don't think you've ever really done a good doctor Tom, Like what you've done a real doctor?
Speaker 4: I guess you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, there's one dude, one time. I'll never forget this. At FCW we're doing a Doctor Tom. I don't even think I was hungover. It's just so hard and so much stuff. Maybe I was hungover, but I looked at Tom. I said, Tom, I'm not even blow up, but I'm about to ship my pants from like being blown up or something like either I show my pants is ring and I stop, or like, you gotta give me a break and I like had to bail and like go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: It was so hard.
Speaker 1: And Jeff did that one time. Yeah, but he never came back. Did you get back? What do you remember that?
Speaker 2: I mean, Joe, Joe Bronson and MJF have shipped Creator Pro. It's like they come there to ship. It drives me nuts. Well no bathrooms at their homes or something.
Speaker 4: It's like nuts.
Speaker 1: Actually this was I think Max got in trouble for this. But he is in the middle of the Doctor Tom. We all do the Doctor Tom.
Speaker 4: You have to do.
Speaker 1: It's like an unwritten rule.
Speaker 4: You hear it. Quit the point of the docor Tom.
Speaker 2: It goes above and beyond a match endurance and cardio so you're ready for your no match can be too hard for you because you're over you compt yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly, which I think is genius. It works.
Speaker 3: But I think that's the kind of drill that I do appreciate, because sometimes I think drills are stupid. That is a drill I think is beneficial and has a purpose.
Speaker 1: I would request that Brian, like, what do you guys want to do? I would say doctor.
Speaker 4: Tocause I think it's like more bang for your bucks, just if you're going to train and do it, get it. I agree some things that I hated doing this might sound like it's minor.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, by the way, So Max left in the middle of the Doctor Tom and went to the bathroom and then never did the drill, and then you got in trouble. Never finished that there was either. I think both you and Pa were there.
Speaker 3: Really One drill that I hated, hated was the three minute crisscross of the running the ropes hard and Bill the Mott would blow the whistle and then you have to do drop downs's three minutes three minutes.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 2: Another thing It's basically like they equal them to someone going run. And then when I say do a burpie, do a burpie? About that sprinting and then whenever burpy burpy and then keep sprinting for three minutes straight.
Speaker 4: It's not not easy.
Speaker 3: Some other drill I don't recall exactly what it was, but it involved like me being in there were like almost like everyone was doing stuff to me, and then last Bill came in and just like laid on me, big fat Bill and then turned the strobe lights in the arena.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that that?
Speaker 2: Like what was that was one of those drills that like people stoosed on them and like back to the office, so I had to like die.
Speaker 4: But that was right when we got there, Like there's it was called something like I don't know, man in the middle or whatever, and like he would just.
Speaker 2: Be like Mike Body, Slam Brett Major, this guy do this, and like just you just basically get fucked up for twenty minutes and then he just Bill comes in for the last five of where you're like worthless and just like you kind of stretch you.
Speaker 4: Like you can't do it, cross face you and lay on you some reason to fucking like stroll lights were on, Like remember that? Yeah I don't. Yeah, I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: And I can't tell you why that was like weird customs something. It was like very early in our deep self running. And I always think he couldn't remember which one he did it to. It's like I never did it.
Speaker 4: I did. Yeah. I think we were so like new and unidentified. I don't think he knew who was who, and like I never had to do it. I did. I'll tell you that. I ken Omega. I thought MA was gonna die. Oh he was just laying on trying to suffocate. Imagine being so blown up and then like you can't like push yourself up and push up position you're so blown you're and then done and then there's three hundred man gets on you. He's cross facing, like yeah, you're supposed to do. I can just smell his like forearm close, smell his sweaty forums Cross's pretty traumatizing. I love Bill. If he's listening, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, last last I love that.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's not listening whatever.
Speaker 1: Last question, especially not the Patreon Hard Foundation bonus.
Speaker 2: You see William DeMott, sweet will Yeah, but I know your email, big sweet, will you all right?
Speaker 1: Last question just just a little happy one greatest and most disappointing fig hunt during developmental you guys talk about we.
Speaker 4: Touched on that.
Speaker 2: We would literally like set up these map quest like expeditions and just spend a whole Saturday like crushing it.
Speaker 4: Any think any great remember disappointing one?
Speaker 3: I do remember when we were in ov W we were like almost like around the block from a Toys r US.
Speaker 2: Yeah, schools cool, let's thinks so close and I missed t me too, and we'd hit that all the time. Yeah, I can't recall I get disappointed. I mean, anytime you go to five something, it's not that's disappointing, right right, that's funny, Like we didn't have a lot of snaff foos, like we're looking for the same stuff.
Speaker 4: But I can't ever remember having like, oh no, this is mine. They're like we didn't like. I didn't really like.
Speaker 3: I think we told this before that we would this before GPS. We map quest a bunch of Toys r uses and to find the hellmet cell at the time, which was cool.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, the classics were when I think of developmental, we were collecting deep into the classics and those were coming like fresh, and we would always be looking for those, and we were.
Speaker 3: Using ring Side but before Code Major, so we weren't getting that ten percent. And that's I remember I made a deal with John from Ringside. I think I reached this one my first relationship with John. I reached out with him, reached out to him. I said like, hey, you know, I'm in we developmental. Can I get some sort of deal for these rocky figures like I buy like the whole set.
Speaker 4: They gave me a little deal. That's cool, that's where the case.
Speaker 1: It was probably ten percent, just gave me that.
Speaker 2: Weirdly remember getting that first d CW said, meaning so pumped because I was seeing punk source figure and I was a big fan of this and that was like a big I think we pre order those from Ringside.
Speaker 4: It was so pumped.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, cool?
Speaker 4: Uh definitely not for part three, you guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's it's just crazy, there's something so much, all right, I mean there's some questions here that are still left on the board. So and then obviously these this will spawn more questions, I think, so so we'll just keep going. We'll talk about training and all that, and then eventually we'll move on to getting called up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh until then,