Speaker 1: M hm, Hey, says dad, Mom.
Speaker 2: Come on your story hours.
Speaker 3: A resenting your story, hour building for a better tomorrow. Today's story?
Speaker 1: Where am i?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh? Now I remember I'm a Rudder's farm, stepping on the porch because it's so hot. Hey, how's come that cars coming down the lane with its lights turned off? Now not stopping out under the trees?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's the chicken thief that sheriff warned me about, Rusty Rusty, Come on, we got rusty.
Speaker 6: Sh be quiet.
Speaker 4: I think there's a chicken thief here out there walking to the chicken. See him over.
Speaker 2: There in the moon.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's his car over there under those trees.
Speaker 7: But what are we going to do.
Speaker 4: We're gonna catch him, that's what.
Speaker 7: But how what if he's got a gun or something?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: We might get hurt.
Speaker 8: Hello, boys and girls, say, have you ever called a chicken thief?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Uncle Dan, I doubt most of our listeners have ever had that dubious pleasure.
Speaker 8: Well you never know, Aunt Caro. We have listeners in many rural areas as well as in cities and farm fresh eggs taste mighty good.
Speaker 9: Well, that's true, and we do have many listeners whose parents or grandparents were children when this story took place in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 9: Many families raise their own chickens back.
Speaker 8: Then, And where there chickens, they're always chicken thieves. At least the four legged variety ky these foxes and the.
Speaker 9: Like, but the two legged variety are the most dangerous. So listen now as we bring you a story we call Chicken and Charlie.
Speaker 10: All right, then, are we all agreed that our club camp out will be held at Memorial Park and that the cost will be ten dollars per member for two weeks, including food and transportations.
Speaker 7: Now someone will have to see to it that.
Speaker 10: Punkin gets the word about our decision. He saw me this afternoon and said he couldn't be here tonight because he had to help his mother take some things over to his aunt's place. Well, I can tell him, okay, Rusty, that'll be your responsibility. Now, are there any other matters that we should consider before we adjourn?
Speaker 7: Yes, Leo, I.
Speaker 11: Think we should make it a rule that everybody that goes on this camp out has to earn his ten dollars himself.
Speaker 7: And just where do you think we'd get the money if we didn't earn it.
Speaker 11: Well, I was thinking mainly about Punkin. He never has to work since his mother always gives him all the money he wants. It makes it's me disgusted to see him get everything handed to him when the rest of us.
Speaker 3: Have to earn it.
Speaker 11: And besides, when we get out to Memorial Park and start roughing it, it's going to have to be every man for himself. We don't want any mama's boy chicken along that the rest of us have to do all the work for.
Speaker 1: While the members of the Boys Club are arguing among themselves, let's take a quick look at the cause of their argument, Punkin.
Speaker 6: Of course, Punkin wasn't his real name, but because of his fiery red hair and his large round face, everyone has called him Punkin for as long as he could remember. And it wasn't that the other boys didn't like him, for he was always fun to be with and had a good sense of humor. But in his absence, it was finally decided that each member must earn the ten dollars himself, and it was left to Rusty to tell Punkin of their decision.
Speaker 12: Hey, Rusty, wait up, hi, Bill looks like you got a new water canteen, getting all set to go camping?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you told Punkin about the new rule?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, I haven't seen him yet today, and I'm not really looking forward to telling him either.
Speaker 9: I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: He's got a pretty good temper.
Speaker 12: Well, it certainly isn't his fault that his dad and uncle were killed in that accident last summer and left him and his mother with all that money.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey, look over there, speak about the punk And there he is where coming out of old man Winters grocery store.
Speaker 12: Well, I guess now's about as good a time as any to break the news to him. Good luck, I gotta run see you later, big help he is, leaves me to face him all alone.
Speaker 7: Hey, Punkin, that's quite a lot of groceries. She got there?
Speaker 4: High Rushdee, what are you doing downtown.
Speaker 7: Looking for you? I guess Yeah.
Speaker 12: We had our club meeting last night and decided to go to Memorial Park on our camping trip.
Speaker 4: I always enjoyed going.
Speaker 7: We figure it will cost about ten dollars a piece for the food and transportation and other things.
Speaker 4: Well, that's no problem for me. Mam will be glad to give me the ten dollars.
Speaker 7: I know, that's just it.
Speaker 2: I was just it.
Speaker 7: Well, the club passed a new rule last night, well at least for this camp out.
Speaker 4: Oh what kind of rule.
Speaker 7: Well, everyone has to earn the ten dollars. It can't be given to them.
Speaker 12: Oh, come will I guess they wanted to make sure that everyone who goes is able to take care of themselves.
Speaker 4: I think they made that lousy rule just to try and keep me from going along. Well, I'll show them. I'll learn more money than any of the rest of you before that camping trip on. My name is In Punkin' Davies.
Speaker 6: Punkin turned quickly and walked away, leaving Rusty standing in the street. His round face became a deep shade of red as his temper flared and his anger mounted. But as he continued walking, his anger gave way to determination.
Speaker 4: Those fellas they don't think I can work, I'll show them don't know what I can do. I'll find something, some way to earn some money.
Speaker 6: And as he approached the next corner, he couldn't help overhearing two men talking.
Speaker 14: Yep, wife and I want to drive out to Colorado for a couple of weeks. Been a long time since we had a vacation, and we aren't getting any younger. But we needs a good, dependable boy to stay at the farm how we're gone, and I just don't know where to find one, you know what you.
Speaker 3: Mean, Rudder, good dependable boy, a man for that matter. It's pretty hort come by these days.
Speaker 14: There's really not so much to do this time of year. Just milk the cows and gather the eggs and look after things in general. I paid two dollars a day for the right boy.
Speaker 4: I'm the right boy, sir.
Speaker 5: H you wan? Hey?
Speaker 3: Who are you anyway? Hey? Do you know him? Josh?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sure, that's old Dan Davies.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 3: You remember Dan, don't you? Of course I do. He was one of the smartest and squarest men.
Speaker 4: I have, thank you, sir. I thought he was pretty great too. I think I could take care of your farm while you're gone.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He said you needed a boid, didn't you, mister Rudder.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I really think Punkin Davies here would be dependable. I don't know how much he knows about a farm, though, can you milk?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: That is I could could well Yeah, you see, I.
Speaker 4: Used to spend my summers on Uncle Walt's farm.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I could learn again easily. See how soon you're leaving.
Speaker 3: We'd like to get off in a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Why I was.
Speaker 4: Thinking, would you give me bored if I went home with you tonight and helped around so I could well learn the ropes a little before you leave. If I don't suit, you don't have to keep me.
Speaker 3: And I guess that sounds fair enough. It's a deal, Punkin.
Speaker 4: Oh thanks, mister Rudder, you won't be sorry. Oh there's one more.
Speaker 3: Thing though, Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 4: It's my mother. I don't know how she'll take to this idea. Would it be too much to ask for you and mister Joshua to come along with me while I talked to her? She may want to ask you some questions, well.
Speaker 14: Some Since you're going to help me out, I guess I can help you a bit, How about you, Joshua?
Speaker 13: Sure I'll go along. Dan Davy's helped me out many a time. Least I can do is help out his boy.
Speaker 3: Now let's get going. Then, time's a wasting lead the way.
Speaker 6: Punkin Punkin took the men to his house for a meeting with his mother. As he suspected, she didn't like the idea at first, but when she saw how much it meant to Punkin, and after being assured by the two men that everything would be all right, she consented, Well, I'm sure you'll get along, but I know I'll worry about you all the time. You're gone. With your father dead, you're all I have left, and I certainly don't want anything to happen to you.
Speaker 4: I know, Mom, I'll be careful, but this is pretty important to me.
Speaker 14: I'm sure everything will be all right, missus Davies. There's nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: This. One more thing I'd like to ask all of you. I don't want any of the other fellas to know where I am or what I'm doing. Put them off somehow. Just don't tell them anything. Mister Rudder lifts nine miles from here and off the main road, so they won't be likely to run across me unless somebody tells them.
Speaker 6: As soon as everything was agreed upon, Punkin left with mister Rutter for his stay at the farm. That evening, Punkin milked five of the eleven cows and by the time he was through, his hands ached like an altered tooth. But that was only the beginning of the evening chores. Mister Rudder next showed him the separator used to separate the cream from the milk.
Speaker 14: Might as well take a turn of the separator, Punkin. You'll have to do it by yourself after we leave. Now, you just turned the handle, same as your akonado. That's so fine.
Speaker 3: Now when you get done, the wife will show you how to wash the separator. Oh why you.
Speaker 4: Get any cars to be cranked? I think that it'd be mighty easy compared to this.
Speaker 15: Looks like you're done, Punkin. Put the cream and milk in the cooler, and then we have to take the separator all apart, piece by piece to clean.
Speaker 4: It, every last piece of it.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 15: If it isn't clean thoroughly, bacteria will grow and contaminate the milk. Wash every piece in hot water, then rinse it, and then scald it.
Speaker 4: It looks like there's forty eleven pieces to that separator. I'm beginning to see that there's a lot of work to do on a farm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 15: Beginning to wish you hadn't bargained for this job.
Speaker 4: No, ma'am, I'm going to stick with it no matter what. It's pretty important.
Speaker 6: I can see that. The next morning, things went a little easier for Punkin. The milking was not quite so tiring this time. Later on, mister Rudder explained about turning the windmill on.
Speaker 4: Oh that's easy, yep.
Speaker 14: But somedays the wind doesn't blow, and then you'll have to pump the water by hand to fill the tank, and that's not so easy.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I'll just hope for windy weather all the time you're gone. I met you in Eleven cows and ten horses can drink a lot of water, you think, so.
Speaker 3: When you have to pump it by hand.
Speaker 14: Oh and another thing, you'd better go round the fence and the big pasture every two or three days. Make sure there's no wires down. You'll find staples and the hammer and the shed. And in your spare time, if you have any, you can work dig in this cave. I just got started on it.
Speaker 6: Punkin was beginning to think that he was going to really be earning his two dollars a day. It sounded to him like there was going to be a lot of work to do. Then at the supper table that night.
Speaker 4: When are you planning to leave, mister Rudder.
Speaker 14: We hope they'll be gone about four thirty in the morning. Think you're ready to take over him?
Speaker 4: Not really, but I'll do the best I can.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you will. I like the way you've taken hold.
Speaker 15: Maybe you'll have a chance to catch a chicken thief while we've gone.
Speaker 14: Chicken thief there's been one around here, but nobody's caught him yet, hasn't bothered us.
Speaker 3: But if he hears we're gone, he may show up some night.
Speaker 15: I think it's pretty low down, stealing chicken some woman has worked hard to raise.
Speaker 4: I guess you're right. But if it's all the same, well, well don't you worry about your chickens, missus Rudder. I'll take good care of them.
Speaker 6: The Rudders left at four point thirty the next morning, and that day seemed the longest that Punkin had ever put in. It seemed to him that there were three times as many things to do as when mister Rudder was there with him.
Speaker 3: They're sure are a.
Speaker 4: Lot of eggs here. Every one of these three hundred hens must have laid an eight today. I better get busy with them. Don't pack themselves. Some of these eggs are big and others are small. My mother pays more for large eggs.
Speaker 2: I wonder forget it, Missus Rudder didn't say anything about grating the eggs.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't be much extra.
Speaker 2: The great nonsense. You have a lot of work to do, Punkin. Why take the time to separate the large from the small? Besides, you aren't being paid to do extra work. Do a good job, Punkin, Missus Rudder will be pleased.
Speaker 4: So what if it takes a little more time. I have twenty four hours a day. Besides, the large eggs will probably bring more money at the market. I'll keep a record and see how much more they'll bring by grating them, and show Missus Rudder when she comes back.
Speaker 6: When Punkin took the eggs and cream to the market, the grated eggs brought two cents more a dozen, and the additional amount he got added up to approximately a dollar and a half.
Speaker 4: I hope Missus Rudder's pleased. That will help pay a good share of my wages.
Speaker 6: The next day was a beautiful, warm summer day, but there was no wind.
Speaker 4: Oh Man critters must be camels all the water they drink.
Speaker 6: The following morning was the fourth day since the Rudders had left. Punkin awoke at the crack of dawn.
Speaker 4: Who well, I guess i'd back it up and get busy. I haven't even touched that root cellar yet, and I'd like to have it all finished when mister Rudder gets back Fries.
Speaker 6: By afternoon, Punkin had made considerable progress on the root cellar. The next day, he took the cream and eggs to the market at the county seat again. While there, the sheriff stopped him.
Speaker 3: Oh there here, you and the kids staying out the rent of arm. Yes, sir, that's me.
Speaker 4: Is there anything wrong?
Speaker 16: No, not especially except you'd better be on the lookout for the chicken thief.
Speaker 4: But what what if I do if he comes a wrong Yeah?
Speaker 3: Catch him naturally.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well, seriously, if the thief comes around, give me a call. I'll be there quick as I can to help you out.
Speaker 6: That night, Punkin tried to stay awake listening for the chicken thief, but before long he dozed off and forgot all about him. The next two days went by uneventfully, and then one night while punkin was milking the normally gentle and ladylike cows. Queen Bess lifted a nimble hind foot and kicked the milk, throwing the contents all over.
Speaker 4: Why have all things?
Speaker 7: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Anyhow? Best rusty willis? Where'd you come from? You're enough to make any self respecting cow kick? Now you cannot?
Speaker 7: You make me?
Speaker 4: All right? Right? I will take this.
Speaker 7: Hey, no bad throwing things, especially golkst cruise.
Speaker 4: That's the old okay, okay?
Speaker 2: But right?
Speaker 7: Do you find out where I was over at the county seat?
Speaker 4: And I suppose you told all the other guys.
Speaker 17: Oh not yet.
Speaker 7: I haven't told anyone, and I won't if you let me stay all night.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, you can stay, but you're gonna have to work fair enough.
Speaker 7: What should I do?
Speaker 3: First?
Speaker 4: There's an egge basket on the back porch. You get it and go gather the eggs and don't miss any I'll finish milk, okay, But where do I look? In the henhouse, of course, and in the hay mow, in the feed boxes, in the straw stack, in the back of the old car, and almost anyplace else.
Speaker 6: You just have to look after the milking was finished and the eggs gathered. Rusty helped Punkin turn the crank on the separator, and since there was again no wind, they had to pump water for the animals. After supper, they worked on the root cellar. When they finally went to bed, they decided to sleep on the porch because it was cooler. Shortly after midnight, Punkin was awakened by the rattle of a car.
Speaker 2: Where am I?
Speaker 4: Oh? Now I remember hut mister Rudger's farm, and we're sleeping out on the porch.
Speaker 6: Because it's so hot. Hey, u'st come?
Speaker 4: That car is coming down the lane with its lights turned off. Not it's stopping out there under those trees. Wow, maybe that's the chicken thief. The sheriff warned me about it.
Speaker 8: Boy, Aunt Carol, I wish prices were the same today as back then. Ten dollars wouldn't go far in supplying food and gas and everything else you'd need for a camping trip.
Speaker 9: Now, true, Uncle Dan, But remember back then, two dollars a day was good pay for a hard day's work on a farm.
Speaker 8: Will that does even things out?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 8: Doesn't it? A dollar represented more labor? So it boughtmore. The worth of a dollar has really changed.
Speaker 9: Yes, many things are different now than when our story took place, but some things never change, like the need for developing good character trait.
Speaker 8: You know you're right, Aunt Carroll. The stories like Chicken, Charlie and the hundreds of others in your story our catalog showcase all the virtues you want your children to have.
Speaker 9: There are true to life stories that exemplify the principles of honesty, obedience, thoughtfulness, courage, perseverance, fairness, hard work, and many others.
Speaker 8: We also have history, oracle, adventure stories, Bible stories, animal stories, and biographies, all of them entertaining while inspiring young listeners to be the best that they can be.
Speaker 9: So visit us at your story hour dot org, click on products and take your pick. Each story has a brief description of what it's about, so it's easy for you teachers and homeschooling parents to choose what best fits your curriculum.
Speaker 8: If you don't have access to the web, just call us at one eight hundred nine eight seven seven eight seventy nine and ask for your free catalog. That's one eight hundred nine seven seventy eight seventy nine.
Speaker 9: If you call after business hours and reach our answering machine. Please spell out your name and street address for us. It really helps us avoid mistakes.
Speaker 8: Now let's get back to our story. Check In and Charlie.
Speaker 6: In an effort to earn some money for their club camping trip, Punkin is taking care of the Rudder's farm while they're on vacation. During the second week, his friend Rusty makes a surprise appearance at the farm. Punkin agrees to let him stay overnight if he'll help with the work. While they're sleeping, Punkin is suddenly awakened by the sound of a car coming up the lane with its lights turned off.
Speaker 4: Rusty, Rusty, Wick up, Come.
Speaker 7: On, Rusty, Oh hey, what's the matter?
Speaker 2: Sh be quiet.
Speaker 4: I think there's a chicken thief here. Yeah, it's his car over there under those trees.
Speaker 7: But what are we gonna do.
Speaker 4: We're gonna catch him, that's what.
Speaker 7: But how oh what if he has a gun or something? We might get hurt.
Speaker 4: Not if we do it right. Come on, hurry up, get your clothes on. He listen, you're the chickens.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Hey, now where you're going.
Speaker 4: To call the sheriff. We'll need his help.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Central, Hello, Central Central, Hello Central, get me the Sheriff's office quick, just a minute.
Speaker 5: Hello, shaft Biment, Hello, Hello, this.
Speaker 4: Is Punkin' Davies. I'm standing out at the Rudder farm. The chicken thief is here getting missus Rudder's chickens right now. I sure am. I saw him drive up and the chickens are squawking their heads on.
Speaker 5: I'll hurry right out. I hope he's still there by the time I arrived.
Speaker 4: I'll keep him somehow.
Speaker 5: Will you be careful now, I'll be there in a few minutes. Goodbye.
Speaker 4: Okay, Rusty, we've got work to do here. You take this rope and I'll get mister Rudd's rifle. They will go wait for him in the dark shadow that that big maple tree where his car's part.
Speaker 6: The boys waited in the darkness with caps pulled down so the thief couldn't tell how young they were. It seemed like a long time to them, but it was actually only a few minutes later. When the thief came back to his both hands full of chickens, held head down so they couldn't squawk.
Speaker 4: There he cuts look at that he must have a dozen chickens in each hand.
Speaker 6: We'll stop him.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Drop those chickens and put your hands over your head. No, no, monkey shines, Now don't shoot, don't shoot.
Speaker 3: I got my hands up.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now you tie his hands behind his back.
Speaker 5: Will I hold this gun on him?
Speaker 4: Just in case he tries something foolish. What's your name anyhow?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: You don't have to tell us. You can say that for the sheriff.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no no, don't call the sherif.
Speaker 4: I'll talk.
Speaker 5: Her name's Charlie.
Speaker 4: Please don't call the surf.
Speaker 2: Just let me go.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll never come back here again. Oh seems like I'll lose everything and never have any luck. And name's Charlie. Huh and turning chicken? Aren't well? All you're talking won't do you any good, chicken, Charlie. I've already called the sheriff and he's on his way. He should be here any minute.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a pretty good knot. You tied their rusty.
Speaker 7: I didn't intend for him to get loose. Oh look, here comes the sheriff.
Speaker 16: Now see you got him, boys, that's mighty good work. We've been after him for weeks. I'll take care of him. Now, Punkin, your job's done all right, mister him On, get.
Speaker 2: In the car.
Speaker 3: You're going back to the office with me.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot, Sheriff, I see you later. And Chicken Charlie, you better not try stealing any more chickens from the rudder place.
Speaker 7: Pumpkin, you were great.
Speaker 4: Imagine catching a chicken thief twasing nothing really, and the way you tied his hands that was something else.
Speaker 7: Didn't want to take any chances. But Punkin, suppose that gun had gone off while you were poking him in the ribs. Would have been awful to kill a man just for stealing chickens.
Speaker 4: Well, it's empty. I used the last shell yesterday morning, shooting in a chicken hawk.
Speaker 6: It was four o'clock the next afternoon when Rusty finally pedaled away on his bike. They had worked on the root cellar for most of the day and it was near completion. As he rode down the lane, Punkin called after him.
Speaker 4: If you tell the other fellas where I am, I'll give you a licking like you never had before.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about me.
Speaker 7: You'll be the first to tell him. I hope you make it back in time for a club meeting.
Speaker 6: The next couple of days went by quite uneventfully. Every spare minute Punkin worked on the root cellar. He wanted to get it finished before the Rudders returned. On the third day after capturing chicken Charlie, the Rudders came home. As they walked around the farm to see how things were.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Punkin, looks like you did a real good job. Couldn't have done better myself, eh, and that root seller, I'm sure glad to see that it's finished.
Speaker 4: I could tell you we're anxious to have it done. That's why I worked so hard to get it finished.
Speaker 3: Well, you did a real fine job.
Speaker 4: Thank you, mister Rudder, missus Rudder. Here's the money for the eggs. Did you check my figures?
Speaker 15: Yes, but according to this you got nearly seven dollars more for the eggs than I usually get.
Speaker 6: How that happened? All that?
Speaker 4: You see? I grated the eggs before taking them to town, and I got two cents more a dozen for the large ones. And I must say, nearly all your chickens lay large eggs.
Speaker 15: Frank, I think this boy deserves a bonus for his good work. Just think you finished your cave caught a chicken thief and grated my eggs.
Speaker 6: So they brought more money.
Speaker 7: I agree?
Speaker 14: Or you say we split that extra money he got for the eggs with him, Give him, say, three point fifty plus his wages, and we'll keep the rest about it. Punkin that agreeable?
Speaker 4: Agreeful? Oh, mister Rudder, that's great.
Speaker 6: Punkin stayed that night to help out, arriving home the next day in time to attend the club meeting. They were supposed to be planning their camping trip, but they didn't get much business done. Punkin's story was too interesting. Rusty had been faithful, and it was not until they all got together that the rest of the boys heard about it.
Speaker 10: You mean you stayed out there all by yourself and worked for mister Rutter while he was gone.
Speaker 4: Sure, did, I guess we'll have to admit you really earned your money?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 7: How much did you get anyhow?
Speaker 4: Thirty three point fifty He even gave me a bonus.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's a lot of money. Oh, I wonder who's at the door. Oh the sheriff. I wonder who's gonna get it now?
Speaker 4: Mother said, I find you here, but I don't I don't understand, Sheriff.
Speaker 16: You Will and my friend mister Well, we'll explain everything.
Speaker 3: You're Charles Davies.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: My friends call me Punkin.
Speaker 3: Glad to meet you. Punkin, I have a slip of paper for you.
Speaker 4: Thanks paid to the order of Charles Davies. The some fifty dollars dollars.
Speaker 17: The County Poultry Association offered that reward for catching this thief. He's stolen many hundreds of dollars worth of chickens, so you've earned the fifty dollars. That was good work, mighty good work.
Speaker 4: Thank you, mister Caldwell, thank you to.
Speaker 7: Say, Punkin, you know you ought to give me a couple of dollars. I helped you a whole day.
Speaker 4: You're not getting two dollars of mine. Why not, because you're getting twenty seven dollars. That's why you helped catch the thief. So we'll split the reward, okay, and then then you get two dollars for the day he helped you.
Speaker 7: Really mean it, man, that's great. Yeah, there is Punkin.
Speaker 11: I'm really glad you're going camping with us. I'll have to admit that crazy rule was my idea. I had you pegged as a chicken but you're not. Guess that shows you can't always judge a person from outward appearance.
Speaker 8: Well, it's time for us to say so long, but don't forget to visit us at your story hour dot org or give us a call at one eight hundred and nine eighty seven seven eight seven nine for your free catalog.
Speaker 9: Goodbye everyone, Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 7: This has been your story hour, building for a better tomorrow.
Speaker 6: This is Ann Carroll and Uncle Anne saying goodbye everyone, See you again next time.
Speaker 4: The