Speaker 1: All right, it's the ben at Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Eagle. A day of freaking out across Mavland. Actually that's been every day since February second. It just really came to a head. The Mavericks season ended Friday night in rather humiliating fashion. Is Memphis whooked that ass? And then Memphis got fed to Oklahoma City and lost by fifty Did anybody one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being the Mavericks having to play them at noon on Sunday after after flying to Sacramento, flying back to Memphis, flying Oklahoma City. Oh, that would have been ugly. But the season is over. Nico Harrison had a press conference at one o'clock today on the heels of three I'd say two explosive articles. One from Tim Cato, but the one from Tim McMahon was really explosive, and if you haven't read it, Tim wrote in ESPN that a big division happened between the Mavericks and Dirt Noovinski after Nico unceremoniously relieved Casey Smith, longtime Gold medal winning head of the medical staff for the Mavericks, who had been a longtime friend of Dirk Novitski of Jason Kidd had Luca's trust and he, according to Tim McMahon, fired him right after Casey went to Dirk's Hall of Fame event and did it over zoom while Casey was caring for his gravely ill mother. This was according to Tim McMahon. So then this comes out today, Niko does the exit interview today. The local media has access. I was sitting there in the room, I had access. I didn't say anything. I just watched it all unfold. But Katie has been playing a bunch of clips from it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Dorothy Gentry is a reporter here and then nice lady, right, I love Doring. I did not expect this question come from her though. I thought this is pretty heavy.
Speaker 1: The fans are upset, almost hate.
Speaker 2: I have to say the word are you dealing with that?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: And then two?
Speaker 1: Do you understand how they feel?
Speaker 3: I think they want to know that you feel their pain about losing Luca.
Speaker 4: What can you state to them?
Speaker 2: Well, when you have twenty thousand people in this stadium chatting fire and NiCl you you really feel it. I mean it's I use the word awesome, but not in a positive way like I have to stop it here.
Speaker 3: I've never used the word awesome in a not positive way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think by definition he's right about the word, but the way we use it in our popular vernacular.
Speaker 3: I just went and took a bunch of wiz. I took a whiz and a bunch of blood came out awesome. It's not a good thing.
Speaker 1: I think, like if he were to say awe inspiring, but even that wouldn't connect. I think the word he would probably rather use as it was overwhelming disapproving.
Speaker 4: The disapproval is deafening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you have twenty thousand people in this stadium chatting fire and NiCl, you you really feel it. I mean it's I use the word awesome, but not in a positive way, like you can really feel how they feel. So, yes, I feel them. How am I doing? I'm good? You know, I said this last week. God's got me covered. I have an amazing family and an amazing support group to get through it. But no, I absolutely feel it. But I'm also you know, my job is to make decisions that I feel in the best interest of this organization, and I got to stand by the decision and some of them we're gonna be unpopular, and this was clearly one that's unpopular.
Speaker 3: Not gonna win anyone over. But that's not the goal of his press conference today, probably right.
Speaker 1: I think he has zero intent to quote unquote win anybody over. Oh no, I don't think he thinks that way at all.
Speaker 4: No, it's he that's not what his that's not how he rolls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about the memes from the game Friday night now, because we can talk about that, the no emotion things get into that at the five o'clock hour. Yeah, just the scene where Anthony Davis gets hurt. ESPN's got a camera trained on him, all that, the side eye, he side eye. I mean it's like he just he's he wants to be a villain. I mean, he's done a good job.
Speaker 1: I don't think he wants to be a villain.
Speaker 3: I just think it's either everything that's happened is that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has become the biggest sports villain in the history of df W, I think. And dude, the guy, yeah, and and the guy who's probably happiest about all of it is Jerry Jones.
Speaker 3: Dude, have a great year.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, he was on the hot seat and then Nico says, I'll take that for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's dude. And also we're three days over the draft and no one's talking about that.
Speaker 4: Has anybody Has anybody talked to Dumont about what's going to happen in twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine and thirty or whatever when they don't have any of their first round picks. Has anybody even broke that down to him at all? This is we built this team around Luca, and then everyone here is because they fit well with Luca. Then we traded Luca, got six years older, got a player who's always hurt, did not get full return on the trade, and don't have any of our picks after this little three year window ends.
Speaker 3: You know, let's talk.
Speaker 4: Let's pick it up later, all right, we'll get back into a little we'll get back into a little bit later. Coming up next though, movie talk. Let's talk about the movie that had everybody buzzing this weekend. That's coming up next on The Benicin Show.