Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning in welcome, welcome, welcome. Meetia's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust.
Speaker 2: And it starts so soon.
Speaker 3: Okam, I can't believe it's here. Marylynn, ma'am, it's just right around here.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Tom, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm kind of excited here because there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: There is so much going on. We kick off our festival this Friday, especially for kids. We'll kick off and we are almost at capacity with all of our events. It is really crazy. But not only do we have that, we have our main festival which will then also kick off on June sixth through eighth. So we ask everyone and anyone to go to okmusic dot org and check us out. But today, Tom, even though I want to sell tickets and I want people to come and I want them to see all this wonderful stuff, I've brought a friend and I want to talk about community partners. Brought Lucas Nettles from Revo, and I want to talk about why it's so important for OKM Music and all nonprofits to partner and have community partners, because without them, we wouldn't be here. Just like the radio station. Revo Financials makes it possible. Lucas and his father John are just amazing, amazing partners to partner with. They are so supportive of our programming and of all the children's programming. I was just asking Lucas how many children he has. He has five, and so he needs to bring them to all the children's stuff. But the Revo Financial family has helped us sponsor the passport for gosh, going back at least five six years, and we are just so thankful to them. It makes us able to do these really cute little passports that all the kids get and you see the Nettles family on the back and the Revo stuff, and so I want to just say thank you so much, Lucas. We really couldn't do this without you. And I told Lucas I wanted him to come and I wanted to share this time because we know everyone's going to come to the festival, We know people are signed up and tell us about your business and tell us what it's like to be a partner with the arts and what that means to you, guys, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Revo Financial we're an independent, faith based financial planning firm. We primarily work with clients to help them establish and define goals and then come up with a strategy to meet those goals, all while shooting for peace of mind and investments that they can be proud of, and aligning everything with biblical stewardship. I work with my father, and he and I are like minded. We love music, we love the arts. I am a musician. My oldest daughter loves to sing and play piano. And it's important to REVO to invest in our community, particularly with organizations that align with our values. And Mozart is right there. And so we love participating, we love supporting, we love bringing our kids, and we think everyone should have the opportunity to learn the value of music and fine arts.
Speaker 2: Thank you, And because of Reva's generosity, we're able to offer all of our children's programming free, and so that's what makes it really nice for the community and for our kiddos, because we want all children to have access to the arts. I mean, just like your daughter, she loves to sing, she loves to play the piano. You know, when you bring kids, then maybe I've never been exposed to the arts or music. It's so amazing just to watch their face light up, they see someone play an instrument, they hear someone seeing I've been to numerous of our events where you just you know, this light comes on and you can just see it in their eyes. And that's why we do what we do. That's why it makes it magical and we're so excited. And I know in working with your dad, Lucas, that you guys also have a lot of help for special needs families and like doing the Special Needs Trust and all of those things, and so I know that whenever we work with John, you know, he's always like, well, what do you have for my clients and what can I tell them about? And so you know, we have focused certainly at Okay and Music on special needs children's whether it's autism or deaf education, and we try to bring music components and the arts to everyone and really make it accessible. And so we always really appreciate Rebo financial that you're thoughtful about that and that you're interested in that, and that you know we can help serve another underserved population and I think that's really important, So again, thank you for that too. And then tell us the ages of your kids and we'll tell them what they need to come to.
Speaker 4: Oh, goodness. So my oldest is nine, I have a seven year old, I have a four year old, I have a two year old, and I have a seven month old, all right, and so we're right in the thick of it.
Speaker 2: Even the seven month old would enjoy the music. But I mean, those are the perfect ages. We have art immersion programming where they get to come and they get to learn about edeg and classical music, but then they also get to do some painting. We have another one where they're going to get to draw a self portrait because they're going to we're sort of celebrating Norway this season, and so they're gonna learn about Edward Greig, they're gonna learn about Edvard Munk and the Scream. Then they get to do a self portrait. We have all kinds of like if your your daughter might really like this. Lisa Steele's kids do this wonderful keyboard orchestra. And these kids come in and they have this really fancy keyboard at Clava Nova Yamaha, and they get to play it and they're gonna play the trumpet, they may be playing a violin, they may be playing brass. I mean, it's really cool, and so they sound like a full orchestra, and so we have those experiences. Your daughter might want to join that orchestra and become part of that. We have puppet shows. We have story time. Every story time again thanks to Rebo, every child will get a book, and so that's really exciting for us to be able to give away thousands of books each season. And I hear the dads even like the puppet shows, Caleb. Caleb was, yeah, no, I think the puppet shows are fantastic. They're all music themed. We have a tea party if you like to do tea is in theme. I actually brought Elsa with me today. She's long from Norway coming and she's going to be there. So we're super excited. But again, we could not do this without Revo. And so you know, we hope that did your dad play musical instrument too?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know. I think he may well. He did piano as a child and he sings.
Speaker 2: So so you got it from did your mom play?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom's so. My mom's a singer.
Speaker 4: Okay, she sung all through my childhood and music has a special place. I mean, it can communicate things that just words alone can't communicate. So it's a great thing for everyone to be exposed to. And it's more we care about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean there is no boundary, and it just it unites a community and it brings businesses together. And I think that's the part that is amazing. I mean, we have Tom and his band performing for us, and he also worked to the radio station is so kind to us every time we come on air, and it really just takes an entire community. But I think, what's so cool. And I'm always so excited when I meet a community member that actually is a musician too. It's like we have all these hidden talents and Bartlesville. Oh yeah, so I think that's really cool. So did your daughter tape piano listens? She does? Yes, Oh wow, that's so cool. All right, Well, and see that's what it's all about. We just have all these budding artists. Maybe someday she'll perform for ok AS and she'll be one of our stars. You might tell her. We have a pianist the share who's doing a concert in Tulsa, Natasha Peremski. She's on Saturday night at Casha Hall, and so we would love for your daughter to come if she would love to hear that we have our Woola Rock concert, which we'll kick off on Friday night. We will have also a pianist there who will have a couple of solo pieces that we're very excited about. Tom is going to be in seeing that along with John Howe, so we're super excited. John's on the board. I think that's going to beautiful and then we'll end it at the Refinery downtown and we will have usher quartete that we were returning. So I don't know if you like strings, but we invite everyone to come out and if you can, please check out Okay Music at okmusic dot org and get all of our schedules. And then Lucas where do they find you.
Speaker 4: At Rivorevo financial dot com.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, Please go and visit. This family is amazing. They're always about in the community. They're very supportive of everything in the community. And again, this is my first time getting to meet Lucas, but I've known his dad for a while and he is just truly an angel. He's just the sweetest, kindest man. I'm sure that Lucas is also equally sweet, and you know, we're just very very excited to have your family, help us, have your business, help us, and we want to send as many people your way as we can. So we really thank you thanks.
Speaker 1: For really helping out with the kids program, especially for children. This is really a remarkable thing. When mary Lynne told me he was feeling up fast, I had no idea how fast it was filling up and without your help, you know, great, thank you for everything it did.
Speaker 2: The day we launched, I told Tom on one of our radio broadcasts that it was insane. We had over eighteen hundred people who went ahead and registered their kids, and so we do still have a few. We've opened up one of our art immersions. We opened up a second one to try to to give more kids an opportunities. So please go on the website look for that, okayammusic dot org. And then you know our SunFest one. We partner with Chevron Phillips and they provide hoops and we have hoop dancing and it's really fantastic because it brings in local culture, but then it also gives the kids an opportunity to learn something new and new dance and so every child will leave with a hoop that one. I mean, it's huge. So as many kids can come as wan, so please sign up for that to make sure we have enough hoops. Of course, our puppet shows, our bigger audiences, our art immersion and our story times tend to be a little bit smaller just because of the spacing issues. But a lot of our events there's plenty of rooms, so please just sign up for those and bring out the kids and come see Lucas. We're hoping his five children will be there. Yeah, we you know, we And the other nice thing that when we do partner is we are able to give tickets and exchange and so you know, we always just you know, companies say well, what can we do to help, and we're like, you know, please volunteer. We want to give goodwill to your company. So bring signage if you know, if like you're a car dealer, bring out your cars, showcase them off. You can always bring out brochures and hand out and if you want to give us some to put up our booth at SunFest, we love to pass those out for you. You know. That is what community partnering is all about, sharing everyone's story and sharing the wealth of information with the community.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, and it works out so well. In this community. It really does. I've never seen anything like it. I think Bartles Will is pretty unique in everything.
Speaker 2: I think Bartlesviill is amazingly generous and you know, just the most philanthropic, volunteer oriented community I've ever lived in.
Speaker 3: Indeed, this is really something.
Speaker 1: So once again we start off at SunFest with the Hoop Dance.
Speaker 2: Actually that will be Saturday. Normally it does kick it off, but this year the kickoff is the keyboard orchestra concert at first Presbyterian we did. We do have that first, and then we go to SunFest. Then we go to Sunday or we have Saturday. We have our tea Sunday. We'll go into the radio boogie Bingo that night, and an art immersion during the day too, Art immersions actually, then the rest of the week we go into story time, puppet times, all of those shows and amazing fun and then our finale and then we have another art immersion. We do have a violin instruction in ukulele, which the kids have been preparing for. Are our interns are master musicians, so that'll be fun. Every kid gets a ukulele or a violin if they come. And then we end it with a really fun little troll jam experience out on the green of the whatever tower. I think it's gonna be fun. We'll have a DJ. We have all kinds of ice cream that Elsa over here has helped figure. Actually it's Madeline, our intern, but she's pick all the ice cream up for that. I think she's got some good ice cream plans. I think the kids are gonna have fun. We have lots of games and bubbles, and she's all kinds of fun and of course the DJ always makes it magical. So the adults are dancing, the kids are dancing, and it's just fun, and there's all kinds of prizes and oh yeah, and then on the passport again, yes, we have a financial sponsor for us. You're so grateful. Every childhood comes, they can start picking those up this week, actually today, they'll they'll come to events, they'll get a stamp. Somewhere in here there's a stamp page. They will then have it stamped, and then they're entered to when a prize and then we have all these drawings for these amazing prizes. Companies like Ribo have made possible for us, and it's really fun for the kids. They have fun and come out learn seeing dance win a prize.
Speaker 3: My goodness, it's.
Speaker 1: All coming together and it's all coming so fast, but it's going to be wonderful. It's going to be an action packed week for the youngsters. Buy an action pack for the adults with the.
Speaker 2: Adults and families. Yeah, absolutely so okaymusic dot Org. Or you can call the office nine one eight three three six nine nine zero zero. Lookas who do they call? If they want to come set up.
Speaker 4: An appointment, they can call our office nine one eight three three six seven eight seven seven awesome.
Speaker 2: Please do go see youbo Financial. They're amazing, amazing folks. They'll take care of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, all of you for coming in today and sharing with us.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tom.
Speaker 3: Community connection right here on K one, the one you trust