Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Marvel.
Speaker 2: Alliance Podcast, where we cover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe from comics, TV and the movies. We will go from Earth six to one six, to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you.
Speaker 1: I'm the nerd with the Mouth David, and I'm Travis Alliance a Sail volume two hundred and eighty eight.
Speaker 2: We actually have something to talk about, even if it's you know, it never bring topic and some small news, but we actually have something to talk about this week, so I'm excited. But for getting to that, Miss Seines, thank you for joining us today in Chris's absence.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well. The time zone that is a little rough at the moment, but besides that things are okay. I'm in training this week, but tomorrow's supposed to be a very early day, so thankfully I might be able to get an hour to sleep later tomorrow to prepare for the rest of the day. How are you doing, my friend.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: This is the only day this week where I have been or will be getting home before the sun sets, so I am thankful for that. I've been getting home late every day tomorrow and being home late again. It's just it's been a busy week. But I'm glad today was a good day to get home early, got into a quick nap before knocking this out, and I am ready to go.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. We don't have a whole news to talk about, but the list to the topic you gave me. I can't wait to talk about our list.
Speaker 2: I am too, So before we get to that, let's go ahead, get the show plugs out of the way. We are part of the gee Golts Mid Alliance network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nervedom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes below and subscribe to the Geeglts Mid Alliance on Twitter or x however you want to call it at guapot network so you know when all.
Speaker 1: The shows drop.
Speaker 2: We also have a Patreon, so if you'd like to throw a few shekels our way, We've got two tiers. We've got our one dollar tier, which is our tip jar as a way to say that you think we're doing a good job. Then our five dollars tier for ad free episodes, early access and Patreon exclusive shows.
Speaker 1: We have from Marvel.
Speaker 2: We have the we can watch this all day, the Marvel Alliance MCU rewatch including all twenty four movies from the Infinity Saga. We have Tells from the House of X rewatching the Fox movie lineup. We got the best the Baxter Broadcast, which was our Fantastic four retro film review. You guys just had an episode going over the New Lanterns trailer. We've got so many other things walk the Multiverse going on there, so we want to thank our patreons.
Speaker 1: You can't do this without your support. If you want to join.
Speaker 2: Us on Patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com for slash gua network.
Speaker 1: And if you can't join us, but you.
Speaker 2: Want to rate and review on your podcast feeds with Apple Music, Spotify, wherever you get your podcasts from, give us a good rating. It really helps get the show out there. Laughing not at least you'd like to thank our sponsor, panel Bound Comics. Panel Bound Comics is the official sponsor of Marvel Alliance. They sell graphic novels, omnibus collected editions at a great discounts on everything in stocking pre orders. You can earn rewards on every purchase that will earn you discounts that you can use on your next order. They ship to the US and internationally in secure packaging. To ensure your books arrive undamaged. Go to Panelboundcomics dot com. Use the promo code Marvel GUA to get two dollars off on every order, or mgua sit to get five percent off when you order four more books together. Use our referral link list in the show notes below so that they know that you're a Marvel listener, and we will have a link to the store in the show description. They've got some excellent stuff out right now. Just looking at their website, they've got Daredevil Omnibus Volume four on sale, way of ex Omnibus X Men Legacy Spider Man by Chipsadarski. Some people love it, some people hate it. There's a lot of either one way or another with that. They just have so many great books, So go ahead and hit up our friends at Panel Bound Comics.
Speaker 1: All right, and what that out.
Speaker 2: Way, Let's get into our topic tonight, which is our top ten Marvel TV shows.
Speaker 1: Now, this is not just limited to the MCU.
Speaker 2: You've got so there's a plethora of Marvel TV shows throughout and we're just gonna go give our list kind of cross the reference, see with things that we have the same, what's different, and go from there. So, mister Hines, as our guest, I will let you start off if you have any honorable mentions.
Speaker 1: You're needed, sir.
Speaker 3: I have four honorable mentions, David. I was going to say, like, what're we going to leave this for just before the end or now? Which is good? I have Miss Marvel, Legion, X Men, Evolution and what If as my honorable mentions.
Speaker 2: Nice, I have three honorable mentions. I have What If as well, Luke Cage and Ultimate Spider Man.
Speaker 3: That first season Luke Cage was really good. Like I had a hard time balancing some of this stuff if, like they had one good season one bad like Jessica Jones didn't make the list, but the first season that was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Luke Cage could have just stuck that landing just a little bit, I think it would be be higher on my list. But yeah, go ahead with your number ten.
Speaker 3: No, I want to say too that this can go. This show could fall off my top ten depending on how this next season goes because it's only here right now. It was Daredevil Born Again, and there's a distinction for me. I don't account it as one full property, and you'll see that later on down the line, So Daredevil boor again. I really enjoyed them jumping back into it. I had some qualms about some of the stuff that we saw, but for the most part, I really enjoyed seeing Daredevil back something I didn't think was going to happen. So that alone made me happy. And just him and King Pan just getting more scenes with those two people, those two characters and the actors that play them, Yeah, top notche So that got to make my list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: We got just under two weeks until season two returns and all of it's glory and greatness, and I'm hoping that they can.
Speaker 1: Write that momentum.
Speaker 2: They had a couple of stumbles with the first season of Born Again, but I think that for the stumbles that they made, the stuff with Mews and other things, I think that they did amazing job bringing back Frank Castle and some of the other aspects of it. The way that the camera would change with Matt's vision or listening and honing skills changing like that was super cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that was definitely a good one.
Speaker 3: Yes, And people complain about it, like we're not watching Iron Fists or anything here, let's relax. We don't have Tot's sit through the Meachum's boardrooms and stuff like god knows how lone. That's why when people complain, I ever, how bad it was at one point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, all right, my number ten and I'm going to start off in the animated realm is the Spectacular Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I give you credits for that, and I may discussed some of that later.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was such a fan of this show, and I am sad that it only got tea seasons. I feel like there could have been so much more with it. But like with most Spider Man animated shows, like they don't really get to live out.
Speaker 1: Their story very well. But man, the animation was fun.
Speaker 2: It felt like it had a lot of tones that felt true to the Spider Man lore and really just based off of the old school stuff with stan Lee and John Romita Senior, just really diving into like that good age of amazing Spider Man comics.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it again. I can't wait to talk about it a little bit dead in the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, it's number nine for you.
Speaker 3: Number nine for me is the Defenders. This was something that I could not wait for when it was like leading up to this, And I still think that their highway fight is one of the better action scenes that we've gotten. And yeah, I think that all the characters miss well, like when Matt finally puts on the costume and interrogates that guy. It's all super cool. I just loved it. I thought it was excellent and I didn't have as much issues with it as most people. I thought that was it was great. It was not dar deevil, but still I thought it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another one of those shows where you know people.
Speaker 1: Either really really love it or really really hate it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love Sigourney Weaver in that show, like I liked a lot.
Speaker 2: In my mind, that is the best version of Iron Fist that we had in there. You know, he was a lot less whiny than normal. He still had his moments, but the working together as a team was great.
Speaker 3: David, I think he's he's shining the best when he was whenever he was Ryan Luke Cage, Like I think he said those two actors and that that that really worked well. I wish we would have got a hero more of a heroes for hire, but even seeing them together in their their own shows, I thought that was great too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was this good episode of great ending to the series, like and it led very well into continuing thing with that. Uh when the moments between Matt and Jessica, like them arguing over him wearing a scarf on his head and he's like, you look ridiculous and he goes, well, it's your scarf. Like those moments between those two characters, Like, I really.
Speaker 3: Liked it, and that's why she's coming back, Like that's definitely why.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, my number nine is against staying animated Wolverine and the X Men.
Speaker 3: I've been putting that one out there too. I was gonna put my album Mentions, but I put X Men Evolution there instead. Yeah.
Speaker 1: X Men Evolutions is a great one.
Speaker 2: Put Wolverine and the X Men, like it had an entirely different tone and set up to it. You start off with this big explosion, Charles Xavier's missing Wolverine's you know, like leading this the way that and a lot of different things. We've had the X Men listed as a whole, but a lot of people just gravitated towards Wolverine and this one it's like, all right, here we are. We're giving you a Wolverine project with the X Men involved. And yeah, I absolutely loved it. I love the animation style of it. Stephen Bloom as the voice of Wolverine is always amazing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is sitting right now at my number nine.
Speaker 3: And much like your previous one died too soon like was and at Fire too soon, like still had so much meat on that bone for story. It was so sad. So my number eight is I'm going to stay in the world of animation and it's your friendly neighborhood spoder Man. I absolutely adored the series. I adored how it was animated, the way it looked, the whole story I thought was great. How it came back to spoder Man basically making his own origin story. I just thought that was pretty pretty fun. And just how he talked to Doctor strainswand after, but everything about the like the way they went with Lonnie like I just every character was treated really good and it was a really enjoyable show and I can't wait for the next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 2: I have rewatched it once fully already. I'm looking forward to where they go next. I have a feeling with where I think they're going to go that it will move up on my list very quickly and very highly if they continue this trajectory for season two.
Speaker 3: Agreed, Agreed, all right.
Speaker 1: Number eight for me is Jessica Jones.
Speaker 2: That there is definitely some points of this show that falter, but as a whole it is just amazing. And I mean just you can watch season one, especially be hooked and going back that helps cover up some of the falters of the rest of the season. I think my biggest gripe about Jessica Jones was her sister and her sister's character arc that just increasingly annoyed me. But I could get over that because all the other moments were super cool. Jessica really got a good time to shine her smartassness, her wittiness, everything about this character was amazing.
Speaker 3: So I would listen to anyone's argument that this was the best season one, was the best season of Marvel Television, like I listened to any arguments that anyone might have. I don't know if I'd agree, but there's definitely a case to be made for that first season, Like it was amazing, especially the villain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David Tennant did an amazing job in this show.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I loved her character.
Speaker 2: I love the arts that they took her on, just everything about like her smart ass in miss just she was and she had that strong powerfulness to her with everything that was going on, this stuff with in subsequent seasons, with her mom and everything like that, finding out more about her past and where she came from. It was just it was good stuff. And for that to be Daredevil came out very strong with their thing. But then to pivot to go to Jessica Jones, who is a much less known character in the mainstream community, and then have her just knock it out the park like that was really good.
Speaker 3: And yes, she really got big, like she really like that first season, like she was like I remember that exploding and people love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My number, what are we doing? Number six is seven seven? Yes, seven seven is Loki. So people might be shocked at how low Loki is on my list, but you if you did in Factory and Animation, it would be this would be the third highest live action show that I have here, so uh bit a hint of what's coming is coming. But I really enjoyed this. The two seasons are really good, both of them. Like it's not a foul, It's not that much as a file off, and the connection I did not know I would love the connection between Loki and Mostby as much as the Sorry Morbious as Mobius Sorry as much as I did like I I absolutely like, I'm here for that whole and I'm said that we might not ever see them together again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go ahead and just sit right now.
Speaker 2: That's actually number seven on my list as well, So we are we are right in line with the like again. I love that Tom Hidlson returning, having this new but not new version of Loki, like his interactions with Sylvie first, the tension like leading up through season one and then coming back for season two.
Speaker 1: I really like the stuff that they did.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunate on multiple levels what happened with Jonathan Majors, because I feel like from an actor and TV show perspective, they had amazing chemistry. They were really going somewhere. The art itself was good art. Now the man and everything outside of that. You got to pay your pennons for the actions that you take in life. Completely understandable, and I stand by Marvel and Disney one hundred percent with that. But for the art itself, those gentlemen had great chemistry. The show is really going somewhere, and I love the way that this series ended because it could take Loki the character as a whole and put him him back in the NCU with real stakes to be brought back in for something else.
Speaker 3: I think he's didn't put it back in to be sacrificed in one of these movies to screwing up. But we'll see about that. Uh yeah, again, we both are right. It's such a good show. The next one for me is Spider Man and the animated series that had to go on there. It was my first basic introduction to Marvel, and not only just like Marvel Spider Man, but I got the whole shebang from that. Like you got to see the X Men, you got to see I think spot I watched spoder Man first and then X Men. I'm pretty sure maybe I watched one or two X Men episodes, but not like watching it weekly. I watched spoder Man weekly. And yeah it was. I still it's the voice I hear when I read the comics. Still to me to this day is that Spider Man and Peter Parker. And yeah, I know when you watch it back now, some of the stuff a little silly with the like blasters and guns, but it still is not too bad, it doesn't it. Basically that final season the story arcs that they went off on and like doing basically they did into the spoder Verse before into the spoder Verse, which again I love it, And yeah, it introduced me to so many new ideas like and different ideas envirable that I had no idea but as a young kid. So yeah, it definitely still holds a nostalgia a stride in this pick. But yes, I still love it all.
Speaker 1: Right, listeners, I want to say this.
Speaker 2: Eight hours ago I got a message that said, I don't think there will be much overlap. Yeah, I say that to say My next pick is also Spider Man, the animated series.
Speaker 3: And we did not compare this before. I had no idea what is on his list? That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That show made my childhood.
Speaker 2: I collected the figures, that's how like I learned about so many things that you had the clon saw, you had the stuff with Ben Riley, the other there were some moments that, you know, we're a little bit out of out of left field, and there were some moments that were a little bit cheesy, you know, this stuff with hydro Mary Jane and things like that, So that there were some moments, but as a kid watching this growing up, it was just it was everything that I wanted.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 2: I was eight years old when this show started for me, so I was all in that. This was how I spent my time just watching this.
Speaker 1: And then that.
Speaker 2: Theme song was just incredible and and still is today.
Speaker 3: So let's also not forget how amazing the alien costume three Poder was in that first season. Like that I was like, what is it like a black Spider Man, Like what, Like he's bigger and bad, more badass than the original spot. This is awesome, Like and how he terrorized him. Oh my god, what a conclusion for that first season it was. It was awesome. Yeah, I can't believe you picked that. That's hilarious. Yeah, I believe number.
Speaker 2: As the kid who was at the time was only sporadically being able to get my hands on comics and things like that at the time, Like without this show, I would not have known of the Hobgoblin, I would not have known of Alistair smythe all these different things.
Speaker 1: I mean, you.
Speaker 2: Had Kingpin looking big and brutish, and that is the tone for which like all Kingpins after that were just like you know that that look right there, you had the only good version of Michael Morbius.
Speaker 3: Had to have the suckers in his hands. But yeah, because that's that wouldn't happen if this was made nowadays, because you wouldn't have to like you could kind of show it, well, you wouldn't need to show it, but you wouldn't have to say that he didn't drink blood. So yeah, but again, it's it stands to tested how I've been my opinion.
Speaker 2: And the amount of crossovers that this show had, the amount of other stars that got pulled into it.
Speaker 3: It was the first shared universe, It's virals animated universe, And yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: So that that definitely ranks it up there. It's it's a nostalgia pick for sure, but it is a good pick because I mean that that show is really just really amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it pains me to say my number five. I watched it later. I didn't think it would be better, but when I watched it, I was thoroughly impressive. Avengers Earth's Mighty as heroes. It's easily the best Avengers take in my opinion, and there isn't a wasted episode, the fact that they're all separate and bring them together kind of like the movie did. Uh and yeah, there's not a bad voice actor again, really enjoyed it and it ended too soon. Another one knows that it's just like Spectacular spot and died at the altar of the Disney acquisition of the Marivel stuff, and Sony lost the rights to live action just like Spacular powder Man, and they went with Avengers Assembled, which is somewhat enjoyable but just a very big downgrade from Avengers Earth Mony Heroes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am screenshotting and sending you something on Twitter just for uh the proof of its sake. Don't open it now. But yeah, that is actually next on my list as well. So that's three in a row where we.
Speaker 4: Have absolutely in sync, and I'm sending you a timestamp proof that that that is exactly where.
Speaker 3: I just said the same thing. I just did to you. So yeah that I hours ago my time stamp.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I like that, know like it was.
Speaker 1: It was so great.
Speaker 2: I liked both Avengers shows that were put out, but this one just it resonated with me a lot more. I love the design of the costumes that gave it that that real comic book feel, especially Thor, Like I love Thorn. He had the heat, the cape, and the broad shoulders.
Speaker 3: Coming iteration of Hulk. Ever, like best version of Hulk I've seen in any live action or animation is the best.
Speaker 2: Yes, So like I I was a huge fan of that. A good showing by like the way that they did Clinton Barton and everyone else. And if I remember correctly, like this predates the the the full on Avengers. So yeah, I said, I I very much enjoyed it. I enjoyed their their battles with Loki and Enchantress and everything else, and coming out of that, and then we had Doctor Doom, we had Red Skull and all these other aspects of stuff that they have things that they haven't got to do on the big screen, but they really got to have those centralized stories. It's a shame that it didn't last much longer. But we got fifty two episodes, I think of it, so you know, if you got time, go ahead and rewatch it.
Speaker 1: It's a great show.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, it just it makes me hard. It makes hard for me to enjoy vendor dissembled, knowing that they just scrap this show to make that show more kid friendly show instead of doing the same thing that X Men the Animated series and stuff did for us when we were younger, which was multiple episodes, story arc and trying to make it like the storytelling a bit higher up for you. Yep. Okay, so what are we on now? We're getting through this list. Okay, so we don't we're not sharing it, Okay, So for me, the next one is X Men the Animated Series slash X Men ninety seven. I'm combining them because you have a continuation and it is not like Daredevil. It's not too distinctly different, like the characters still do the same things. Everything still applies. There's no like some of this stuff, like we talked about some of this, we don't. So yeah, I love the X Men ninety seven A shock that how good it was. It's pleasantly surprised, as listeners can remember on some of the episodes that I joined you guys to talk about this stuff with Marvel Alliance, and yeah, I can't wait for this next season. It's a lot of stuff that could happen. And I one of my factor fictions.
Speaker 2: Pertains to that, Yeah, X Men ninety seven is on my list.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh higher up, but yeah, it's it's X Men and X Men ninety seven together. It's just it is an incredible show. I remember having the Quinjet as a toy and collecting them and like, again, this was.
Speaker 1: All I was into.
Speaker 2: You had the old school, the suits that just looked so comic accurate, and all these various storylines. They went everywhere with their storylines. If you go back and watch it now, especially if you watch the original X Men series, it is fun because you can kind of see some of the lapses and animation where they made some shortcuts, so you will see a still frame and then like a cutout of a mouth moving and things like that. But I mean, it's it's still a fun show to watch to this day. Made me really fall in love with a lot of characters even more and want to get more involved with the X Men from just seeing these I'm like, I remember vividly still the first time Morph came back and it was just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, where are we going from here?
Speaker 3: So the Phoenix saga done the best in that so far. Yeah, it's again, it's it stands at test of time, those two shows. It's lined with Batman, the animated series. It's just there's just a little higher level for some of the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number four for me is WandaVision. I remember watching this and just being blown away each week by what they were doing. I was it was new, it was fresh, it was something that we hadn't seen from Marvel, but it in the grand scheme of things, it made sense with that character and where they were going. Like you had the funny moments, you had the fourth wall breaking moments. I mean, I'll even excuse the whole Ralph Boner thing, but.
Speaker 1: Astead of that, like it was great.
Speaker 2: But then you have Catherine Hahn, who was just amazing in this show for someone that will us started out the first couple episodes of oh this is the funny sidekick, never too evolving to Agatha and the climactic battle is just like, man, this is so so good. And then the things that that show dealt with the moments between Vision and Wanda, the grief, everlasting speech, like all these things. Just it was a great show and Marvel that they took a risk with how they were doing this, but I think that risk definitely paid off.
Speaker 3: Oh I agree, I didn't. It didn't make my top ten list, but I I didn't enjoy all of it, but I didn't enjoy some of it, but I can recognize how well done it was and how unique it was for Marvel and the MCU. So yeah, you got to give it as flowers for sure. Yeah. My number three is the Punisher, And I don't know if I need to say a whole lot more ut the Punisher because is that great. John Burnhal really nailed this iteration of the character. And yeah, I can't wait to see what we get going forward with that character, with the special feature and seeing him show up in Brand New Day which trailer leaks. Half the trailer leaks right watcher on the internet people, So not in full trailer, just half of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Punishers my number three as well, Like that's another one that we are definitely aligned on. I was always a fan of Thomas James Punisher the same movie with John Travolta, and for the longest time, I was like, man, that really invited the punish her. And then this came along, and everything you can tell John Burnhal like you hear him in interviews, but you can just tell by his performance like he cares about this character. He cared about making it right, he cared about making it layered, so it's not just the crazy killer man with you know, the guns and the van and everything. I was like, he added a whole lot of depth to this character, from him playing off of Gared Devil and their show to then having his own, and they're just an amazing set pieces with the shootout scenes and the actions him when he jumps out the van, takes off the jacket and he yells Russo at season two when they're robbing the bank, like all these great moments. You had these other threats and storylines going with Agent Mundani.
Speaker 1: And other things like that. Like, it was just a really, really good show.
Speaker 3: And one of the major lessons I learned was never not make Frank a sandwich. If there's not there to make a sandwich, he's gonna want a sandwich. That was one of the times that just laughs is out of nowhere. It was Oh and I just love two of those guys interacting, So yeah, I really love that show too, So good choice for three. My number two is gonna be different because you've already used it and it's easily the best Marvel animated thing that's existed, and it is. I never thought i'd say it until I watched this a few years ago for the first time. Throughout the full way through Spectacular spoder Man, It's outstanding. They were great in all of the storylines. This is basically their first their training gears before they went to Young Justice. I think the same people who did this did Young Justice, so that one was great as well. And I just say it because I wish we could have seen how more of these storylines would have played out going forward, and the fact that this was another one of the awesome animea shows that was just tossed to a side when Disney acquired Marvel. It just makes me sad sometimes that we got another version. Although my son loves spoder Man and his amazing friends or Spotty his Botty and his friends, so I guess this thing's going to stop the right But yeah, I love this show. It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said I said earlier, just such a great show, which we would have had more of it, but yeah, all awesome show. My number two we've already talked about it is x Men the animated series. Again just building off of the shared universe that was started within Uh Spider Man the animated series. You had some great I absolutely love the crossover episode of Old Soldiers with Wolverine and Captain America.
Speaker 3: Animation style was a bit better. I think that was one of the different animation houses that they use, but again I love that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just telling you know some of the old things with that, so many other great stories with been hearing how they took stuff and from the comic books and translated it through.
Speaker 1: You had the Jim Leyard style like you have.
Speaker 3: The first time it was ever done because the old Batman the anime series didn't do it. They just did one episode, like nobody did four episode parts or five episodes parator three and that they were afraid the kids would lose interest, you wouldn't keep their concentration. So, like you said, this is this is a crazy show in terms of land breaking, like no other anime show tried this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Again.
Speaker 2: The Phoenix SA lasted for the majority of season three, like for a show to go that, this is what we're gonna stick to this, this is what we're gonna do. This is my first introduction to Omega Red and I was like absolutely obsessed with that character. Afterwards, I remember like always wanting to get his toys.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So their trip to the Savage Land and seeing these parts of the X Men, it was just it was a great show. So from the moment it started when we meet a young Jubilee getting saved by the X Men and seeing the sacrifice of what's going on there, to everything else, Intermagneto and just all these moments where I was like, yeah, this this is good stuff.
Speaker 3: The clown from Big Comfy Couch who voiced Jubilee my number one. We knew we would get here. It's Daredevil brackets Netflix. Because there is a distinction. I'm sorry, but the first season of Daredevil Born Again was not as good as some of the seasons of Daredevil on Netflix. Season two, I might be able to listen to an argument, but because that was just as much Defenders set up as anything else. But I love the first season of Daredevil. It changed the game for television comic book television. The Hollway fight scenes, the action, the one shots, and you get into season two with the Punisher, him and Punisher scene might be the one of the better comic book scenes in all television, when they're up on the roof and having that whole debate and that whole season part of that with the Punishers great. The whole hand stuff is a little bit like wacky at a certain point, but the third season is great too. So yeah, this was this was grindbreaking when it came out, and it didn't for all three seasons. I put it up against any other Marvel Live action property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely agree.
Speaker 2: I mean I tell people all the time who have not watched it or think about watching them, like, start watching it, get through episode four. By the end of episode four, you're gonna decide whether you want to stick with it or not. Because I remember when I first watched it and you get to that car door scene with Wilson fist and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh yeah, I'm like, oh this.
Speaker 2: Is this is something else. And so all of episode one or all of season one was good. The playoff of Matt and Foggy and everything else.
Speaker 1: Those were awesome.
Speaker 2: The build up to Daredevil being in the costume it felt earned, like you got these moments that that worked up to that costume felt earn. Season too, is just it's amazing. You have the introduction of the Punisher, you have all these moments where they're in there, they're back and forth about what's right and what's wrong, and everything going on with Wilson Fist, who's in prison at this point but still leading things from behind. It again, every season had their incredible one shots, and then we have season three, the way that it ended with Bullseye and Wilson Fist and the I beat you and looking in his face and getting hauled off by the police. Like it was just it was absolutely amazing with that, and I think they did not waste any of their characters. There were times when Karen would get a little bit like, all right, what are you doing here? But then she even got a redemption. She got her own story where we learned why she is the way she is, why the stuff from season one affected her so much, her family history.
Speaker 1: It was just it was good stuff. And this was also during.
Speaker 2: The time of full day drops when Netflix would be like, here's your show, go enjoy it. We'll see in a couple of years, and so to just sit there, and I remember taking off work and watching it and just being absolutely like I gotta keep going. I gotta watch every single episode, like I don't want to walk away from this.
Speaker 3: Can I say one other things? Shout out to Brandt on his previous podcasts Fans Without Borders, where he would literally have to watch the full ten episodes of all these Marrivil Netflix shows, most of them. I think you might have end it before all of them and like get Out and podcasts about it in a couple of days, Like I was always impressed, but I had much like my job was to catch up before the podcast episode with Coup that was basically well I think, so shout out to him for that old marble eyed host.
Speaker 2: As much as I love what I do, I could not imagine a thirteen episode drop of one hour shows like it worked with. I think Echo was the last one that really did all of the episodes in one day iron Hart had to split up between theirs. But yeah, I don't think I could do a thirteen episode drop and make that commitment and say I'm gonna knock all of these out, and I'm gonna do it more than one time, because I have to have my enjoyment viewing.
Speaker 1: Then I have to have my review viewing and get there.
Speaker 2: So shout outs to the gentlemen who've done it before me and had to get through those. But yeah, it was super amazing and it really set the tone for all of the Marvel Netflix going forward, which then you have people for years clamoring to have these characters back, like, look, we get that the next Flix thing is over, but give us these characters back. So when we first saw Matt Murdoch when in Spider Man, and people pop for that, and then oh it's coming back, is getting its own show, and now oh we're bringing John Burnhalt back. Oh we're you know, bringing other people back. You're going to have you're jes Get Jones back, and all this speculation. Now, like you can tell the impact that this show left.
Speaker 3: Oh one undred percent, and again I'm excited for season two. Can't wait for a couple of weeks to go by here now and we can get that.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, So that is our our top ten.
Speaker 2: Like said, we we had some that were the same and some that were just ones that have fond memories of but didn't crack my top ten, and vice versus some that as we talk about it, it's just it's the remembering, like, oh man, that that was a really really good show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So, uh, before we get into our news where you're going to take our first ad break, we want to remind listeners that we do not control the ads on what goes on there. Some of them maybe a little bit loud, so I'll give you a chance to turn your volume down.
Speaker 1: So here we go in three to one and we're back.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So in the news, we've had two small little news bits, uh, first of which was the I'm going to call it the.
Speaker 1: Final teaser trailer.
Speaker 2: It's not a full trailer, but it is a teaser entitled calls Trouble for Daredevil again coming out. We got just under two weeks left with that, and I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 1: So I'm going.
Speaker 2: To play this trailer for our audio listeners. There's not going to be any volume. Don't want to get any copyright strikes or anything like that, but we will look at it, talk about.
Speaker 1: It, and here we go.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: So it starts with a good look at both Matt in his new black suit and Jessica when she says, hey, do you want to cause some trouble? We get a nice up close shot of the double D Daredevil suit, the black and red with the red double D clearly defined on there. Cut to a shot of Bullseye in a cafe, followed by him doing something split between some incredible action shots of Bullseye and Daredevil both just doing their acrobatics and both going through and showing like, all right, this is the Bullseye we remember bouncing these things off and going.
Speaker 1: Through and it's super cool.
Speaker 2: We get a look at some other new characters from this show. Wilson Fisk, more looks at Jessica Jones in her fighting style I means she kicks a guy across the room. More shots of Wilson fist and what we presume is a celebrity boxing tournament where he just completely bludgeons a guy with his fist. We get some shots of devor Ann Wolves, Karen Page getting in on the action, More of Bullseye and Daredevil, and just a reminder that again this show is streaming on March twenty fourth, So super super excited about it. You know, they are showing that, yes, this is going to be very action heavy. There's going to be a lot of cool moments.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Like we've the fights between Daredevil and Bullseye from season three of the Netflix show to the opening fight with last season and now this one, like they they put on some good back and forth.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm excited to see this show. I tell you one thing. Another hasn't been much promotion, Like I haven't seen a whole lot, like a couple of trailers, but I haven't seen as much discussion as I would hope. So I'm very interested to see how this show is going to be. Like a season three confirmed, like they haven't filmed it yet, right.
Speaker 2: Right, as far as I know then, it is just it's been confirmed, but I haven't seen any behind the scenes stuff. I haven't seen any screens grabs or anyone who's on location and getting pictures from a high window or anything else yet. But we're definitely going to be coming back for more. I do wonder if certain rumors are true they are going to wait until after Spider Man to do some filming as so that nothing gets spoiled character wise.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Next up.
Speaker 2: There are rumors circulating right now that Spider Man and Wolverine are going to have a team up movie. Marvel Studios and Sony are reportedly interested in developing a Spider Man and Wolverine team up movie, potentially following the massive success of Deadpoll and Wolverine. If it happens, it would mark the first live action crossover between the two iconic Marvel characters. It's currently unclear whether Hugh Jackman will return his Wolverine but we all know he's here till he's ninety, or which Spider Man could appear, whether it be Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield, Toby McGuire, all possible thanks to the multiverse, or someone completely new. Nothing is confirmed yet, but the idea of Spider Man and Wolverine Sharon big screen has fans excited. Now.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: With the Sony and Marvel usage deal that if they are going to have a crossover, it has to have you know, the same characters. So I would assume that if they're going to do a crossover movie, then yes, we it would be Hugh Jackman and Tom Holland unless they absolutely just decide to pivot with the next movies and replace both those actors, which again till he's ninety. I don't see them doing that. What are your thoughts on this possible showing.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I don't know. I don't see I can see Hugh Jackman doing the Avengers movies, but I don't know how much more he's going to do after that, Like eventually they're going to have to find their own Wolverine after starting with the X Men posts Avengers films in the MCU. So I don't know, to be honest with you, I don't know if that would confuse people as kind of part of the Batman problem that they have right now, or well what people think they have right now. I would be excited. I would be the first one in there to see it, obviously, like anyone would love to see spoder Man and Wolverine in a film, But I am going to be a little apprehensive by that because of a Sony part of it. If Disney owned both characters, then I would agree with you. After the money they made with Thimple and Wolverine would be getting a spider Man and Wolverine team up for sure. But where Sony's involved. I'm still not sure. Like it gives me a bit more pause to this murmor. I would love for it to happen a cross my toes, my fingers, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a nice thought.
Speaker 2: I would wonder if the way that Wolverine was portrayed in the last movie, it would be hard to then scale that back for.
Speaker 1: The family friendly neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Spider Man agreed.
Speaker 2: So again, nothing is confirmed yet. It's it's speculation. It's a rumor that has been floating around by a lot of sources, so we shall see what they go from there. Again, if it I don't see it happening, But if it does, I'm going to be one of the first one butts in seats getting my five pm on a Thursday ticket to sit there and watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's cross our fingers and hope that this film actually come day because it would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but if any more news about this comes out, we'll keep you guys posted, or any more news as a whole comes out. Again, we got less than two weeks before Daredevil, so this is a time when Marvel likes to go quiet.
Speaker 1: But who knows.
Speaker 2: Something can happen, and we will just keep you guys informed on any and everything that we get our hands on. So that is our news, I would say when it comes to we didn't get any feedback or questions this week, which is fine, he said. If you have any questions that you want on the show, and you feedback anything else, reach out to us on Twitter, x email the show. Yeah, submit your questions and we'll be more than happy to answer them, discuss them, go down the well, or tell you why you are completely off base if you just decide to come at us with something crazy.
Speaker 1: So all right.
Speaker 2: And with that, let's head into our Factor fiction, which I'm going to pull up the results of last well two weeks ago, and these were Christ's factor fictions. So factor fiction number one in Avengers Doomsday, the X Men have successfully overcome a number of incursions already, but with heavy losses each time. Seventy five percent said fact twenty five for since save fiction, mister heines, what's say you fact?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 2: Factor fiction number two inspider Man Brand New Day, the Hand will be working for Tombstone, sixty three percent say fact, thirty seven percent save fiction fiction and Factor fiction number three Inspider Man, Brand New Day Tombstone will survive and escape being captured at the end of the movie. Eighty percent say fact and twenty percent say fiction.
Speaker 3: I have to go with numbers on this one and say fact as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all right, sir, it is your time as the guest host.
Speaker 1: What do you got for us?
Speaker 3: I want to say, what an honor it is as the guest host to have to come up with the factor fictions. After two hundred and eighty eight episodes. By factor fictions there there will not be another season of Miss Marvel.
Speaker 2: Oh, I am unfortunately.
Speaker 3: I would love them.
Speaker 2: I love Mom Villani, but I am going to have to say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the fact. There will not be another season of Miss Marvel.
Speaker 3: Spider Man will have a speaking role in the next season of X Men ninety seven. He cameoed twice in the last one, but another of them were speaking. Two episodes he was in as Peter Packer and one a Spider Man. But he's going to have a speaking role in the next season.
Speaker 2: I am going to go fact on that, and I think that they will use that, hopefully maybe possibly as a bridge to bringing back Spider Man. The animated series in its own continuation.
Speaker 3: I hope, so, I hope that's the case, and Moonnight will not appear in Avengers Doomsday. I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the list of eight thousand chairs. But I didn't watch that, but I'm pretty sure you guys talked about that. I don't think he was one of those chairs. So I'm going to say he's not appearing in Avengers Doomsday.
Speaker 2: Off the top of my list, I do not remember Oscar being on that list, So will I will go fact on that, because yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't see it happening. I love the character.
Speaker 2: I hope that we can get more of Moonnight, but this may be something that they say for Secret Wars. Like you said, they ended his show with the ability to him going into another season. I don't think that second season is now going to happen, but I would at least like to see the character come back and make at least some sort of appearance.
Speaker 3: Maybe Apocalypse will show up and there.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, if that's if that's the way that they do it to give back, then I'll be for it. Just please don't have any billboards of him choking anybody.
Speaker 1: We don't want that smoke again.
Speaker 3: Imagine if he actually showed up like they expand the animated series version of the Apocalypse, like with the voice and the say it looks all bad as you're like, oh my god. Prediction yeah, like gambits.
Speaker 1: So those are our factor fiction.
Speaker 2: So this will be posted this Sunday for you all to vote on on Twitter, So go make your voices heard again. You can also use that time to provide us with some feedback either on the factor face or on any questions concerns in general. If you have a factor fiction yourself you want to throw out there for us to use, by all means, go ahead and do so.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: We are very close to three hundred episodes and sometimes it is really hard to come up with the factor fiction and try and think have I already used this before? So make your voices known. These will be posted Sunday to the Marvel Podcast Twitter. We are going to skip Comic Club Comic Book Club.
Speaker 1: For this week.
Speaker 2: We are going to return next week with Age of Ultron issue three, when Chris is back and we're back on schedule.
Speaker 1: I look forward to that.
Speaker 2: So on our way out again, we like to thank our sponsor Pennel Bound Comics. Use our code Marvel gay at check out. Follow podcasts on Twitter at marvel a Podcasts.
Speaker 1: You can follow me at the.
Speaker 2: Phantom Mister Hines tell the folks how they can follow you.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on Twitter at Travis Underscore one, five six. You can drop me a line. We can chat pretty much anytime. I also host two shows on the podcast network here, DC Alliance, where we talk about all things ZC and the Animation Nation. We're right now we're focusing on the Batman from two thousand and.
Speaker 1: Four, another show with a great theme.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I didn't there's some of that I could didn't remember or didn't watch, and I'm pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 2: So so yeah. I am also here on another show on the geek First Network. I'm part of our wrestling show, The Gimmick.
Speaker 1: We have a.
Speaker 2: Playthrough of WW two K twenty six. We just had one this past weekend where I wiped the floor with mister Snell and mister s Bubbs for our upcoming My GM Mode, So I get first pick with that.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited about that. So we will have our.
Speaker 2: Inaugurals episode of this season of My GM for WW two K twenty six coming up this Saturday. You can email the show any questions that you may have at Marvel Lines podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Geek Ultimate Alligance on Twitter at guapod network. Feel free to tweet email if you want to provide feedback or ask questions for us to answer on the show. Remember to rate review us on whatever podcast platform that you listen to, whether it be Apple Podcasts, spider Band, wherever you get your podcasts from. And as stand the man would say, excelsor true.
Speaker 3: Believers see everyone.
Speaker 2: All right, So we do have a post credits and this is an easy one, super easy for you. We did Chris and I did our ranking of We took all the Marvel properties from the multiverse, saga and dwindle it down to our top ten to watch before doomsday. What I'm asking is a whole lot simpler. What are your three most watched projects before Avengers Doomsday. This could be anywhere on the NCU timeline, just your three projects that you think, all right, you need to go ahead and watch this before doomsday.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where to begin there. I think my big Advanshio Avengers One and Avengers Infinity Bourne in game. Maybe that's the three. I have a thing. I'm a little concerned about Avengers Doomsday. I'm worried that it's going to be a giant cameo fest filled with cameos. I'm getting very big Crisis on the Earth vibes from DCZW, which I absolutely lowed it and I was so excited for so Like, I got a feeling some of these cameos aren't going to be very lying, and that was one thing that brought out at me, was like why are you bringing people in to get rid of them in two or three minutes? Like shouldn't they be essential to the story instead of being some random Oh I played Robin Batman sixty six six years ago, and I'm going to look up to the sky and say, oh, gee, willickhers, that's the Earth implodes like that that they did nothing for the story. And that's basically what that cameo fest was. And that's why I'm a little worried. I was going to send this question into you guys to discuss, like, are you worried at all that this could be like the some of the cameos could take away from the overall story, or not contribute to the story at I'll just be cameos for be like, hey, look at this person, look at that person.
Speaker 2: Lewis Pullman, who plays Bob from also known as the Century from Thunderbolts, said that this will not be a cameo fest. I absolutely do not believe him.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, people who are part of the cameo fist will say.
Speaker 1: I do get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I think the analogy of the crisis on Infinitors is an excellent analogy where yes, this could be the whole you played this thing at one time. They will get the girl who was the waitress from the first Avengers back just to be the callback of up up remember her like random things like that.
Speaker 1: I as much as.
Speaker 3: Chris Sifmans will come back for three minutes like Tom William came back for three minutes, being like a lot you don't even have powers. Oh great, okay, yeah, thank you guys, Okay, bye, thanks for showing up and throwing a rock and run away.
Speaker 2: As much as I love a good cameo or easter egg, I don't want it to be so heavy that I have to rewatch this movie three or four times, so I can try and spot every little detail that they put in there just for a nostalgia's sake.
Speaker 3: Also, like some people might say, like Loki might be pivotal to watch for this like just other things. I'm just saying, if you've not watched anything at all, I would probably rewatch the Avengers films to get me ready for the next Avengers film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that is. That's a good shout.
Speaker 3: And I left the Ultron because I still enjoy the film. But I think if I'm picking out of the four, that one's gonna follow, if you only get three.
Speaker 2: I can agree that from a storytelling and for what matters for what's coming up, that age of Ultron is probably the weaker of the Avengers movies in that right. So yeah, no, I definitely uh get you on that one. So that that's a good shout. And we got the Avengers and we've got.
Speaker 3: Any more and in game and I wanted to do something low Ki or you could even say like Fantastic four, the final uh post credit seeing is very pivotal to know what's going on. But that's not going to be why I would recommend to watch Fantastic four right now, if nothing else would apply to tell you what's going to happen in Doosday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so all right, let's just go watch those watch go back watch what was on our list of ten Multiverse Saga projects to watch.
Speaker 3: It go with theirs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, just do an entire mcu rewatch And that's what's that way you you are fully in tuned to everything. You've got some time. It's not like we've got, you know, any good trailers out that we know what's going to be in the movie. So you got some time, So go ahead watch that again. Where we are hoping that next week we might have some information on New Spider Man. We're on our march towards season two of Daredevil Born Again, and I look forward to singing and talking with you all later.
Speaker 3: See