Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Sunday night, January nineteenth. We are heading into the twenty twenty five PGT season, so Tim and I are going to do a round of predictions for the upcoming season. We'll also hit on some general poker predictions. You know, we won't keep it all in house here as it pertains to the PGT. We'll touch on some bigger picture topics here. High Stakes Poker Season fourteen Premiered gott to talk about that, and then I want to talk about this situation or this happening that took place around the East Coast at Borgata. Definitely got to get commissions thoughts on what went down, so we'll hit on that. Of course, as always, would like to thank our sponsors and on today's episode, which is brought to you by play poker Go, I want to remind you that playpokergro dot com is where if you want to play online poker for free, you can do just that. With play poker Go, you can get the thrill of authentic online poker anytime anywhere from quick casual games to action pack tournaments. Play poker Go lets you compete against real players from around the globe, all for free. Hone your skills, make new friends, and enjoy an authentic poker experience. Explore play poker gro on the web, on iOS or on Android. Whatever you got working, you can find it. Just head on over to play PokerGO dot com. One of those mentions there, buddy, hone your skills because at nine thirty three pm last night from you into our group chat, yes of a screenshot of you playing on ws AP dot com. Yes, with like every night with pocket queens on the button and the cutoff had moved all in for forty big blinds you have. I think he had forty point five. You had forty point six.
Speaker 2: Something like some of that cover by point one yees, listen, it was.
Speaker 1: An outrageously large show. Yes, your question was are y'all ever folding here?
Speaker 2: It was just a question. It was just a question.
Speaker 1: You need to close down the real money side, head on over to play poker go dot com and hone your skills against this because asking this question is absolutely positively outrageous.
Speaker 2: It was just I was just look, first of all, I have been hunting my skills on play. I just want a couple million an hour ago, and it was more of a question, just like, what world do you guys fold this? By the way, Never took took the screenshot and then I pressed call just for what it's worth. Never, it was more just gauging how you react to this insane forty BB shop in the money, in money in the money.
Speaker 1: Jeans you have questions.
Speaker 2: I just was gauging the opinion of people that are much better at poker than I am.
Speaker 1: Well, your click call, buddy, Yeah, absolutely positive.
Speaker 2: Click was up against a six of spades.
Speaker 1: Who cares what you were up against. It's just ridiculous question, an absolutely ridiculous question. All right, let's move into the actual stuff that we're going to talk about here. P G T predictions. I put down a bunch of stuff. Hopefully you prepared. We'll see if you did. Hopefully you come with some good answers. I think I got some good ones with mine. I will say that this you're gonna you're gonna come across a theme with everything that I talk about here. So so let's just let's just get right into it and the reason why we're doing this is you know, it's Sunday night as I mentioned earlier, but tomorrow on my Day, is the official start of the twenty twenty five Poker gro Tour season, with the first event of the PGT Kickoff series five thousand dollars buy in double points. For all five of these events, we will be live streaming the final tables on poker Go Remco and myself will be doing the commentary. So if that's your sort of jam, hop on in there and give it a listen. It's a it's a really fun series just to start things off, so I'm very much looking forward to it. After the PGT Kickoff, we got the Poker Go Cup, the first of three majors on the tour. Who's gonna win it, Buddy, Poker Go Cup this year, A'm I gonfess I'm asking you who's gonna win it?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take Jeremy Osmas. Oh wow, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I mean just I'm not gonna get you off the bat.
Speaker 2: H even what prepare for some chalk because you got a lot of chalk coming up. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: All Right, you got Jeremy Osmus, who has won the Poker Girl Cup before, Yes, so he would become a two time winner of the Poker Girl Cup. I'm going with Brock Wilson, Okay. I feel like Brock is close on a lot of occasions to making some noise in a as it pertains to a major series champion on the PGT. You know, he's kind of always like hovering in contention. Right, So this is the year I think Rock Wilson knocks one of those off, and I'll say that Brock Wilson is going to win the Poker Grol Cup. The next major that we have, the US Poker Open coming up in what April? Okay, who's gonna win that one?
Speaker 2: That one's going to be won by Canadian Daniel O'Gara.
Speaker 1: Canadian Daniel Okay, Okay, I got Alex Foxen.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know we're all chalk right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, why is that chalk? Considering how Foxon's year was last year, barely made it into the top forty very much at all.
Speaker 2: Have a great year. Yeah, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that the third of the majors of the major series, I should say, Poker Masters coming up later this year, September October ish something around there. Who's gonna win that one? The Purple Jacket.
Speaker 2: It's a guy that's gonna skip the cup and skip the USPR Steven Childwick.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, so you got a couple of double winners. Yeah, because Jeremy Osmas has already won the poperst Cut, Stephen Chidwick has already won the Purple Jacket, So you're going with them to win again. I'm gonna go with Sean Winter, a player who is for sure regular on the PGT, but I feel like often overlooked, Like I feel like he's always there and like top five, top three stuff like that. But you know, I don't know, I feel like a Chidwick and a Grand new and Ozmas like they get kind of more the the headlines or you know, people know about them more than a Shawn Winter. But Shawn Winter is a crusher on the PGT every single year, all right. I mean, I get the Super High Rollable is a major, but it's not a series really, so I kind of just have that aside. But anyway, who's gonna win Super high Rollerball this year?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, which Super High Rollerble three two? We have three actually now, so you're talking no limit. Are we talking about if it's in America or if it's in international waters?
Speaker 1: Fine, let's let's that's audible. Just give me, just give me all three. So who's gonna win superhi rollable Nolan A hold them, who's gonna win super high rollable PLO? And who's gonna win this pipetream idea that you and Philip Sternheimer have super high rollable mixed games.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's let's go in order. Mixed games first coming March six to eighth. We go, dan Zach gonna win that one. I'm going to move on to the PLO one because that's going to be first if my schedule holds. I'm gonna I'm going to say Jared Blesnik, you know, close last year one of the year before, he's going to come back and win it again. And the No Limit one, we're going to get him out here in a America playing our events again. Adrian Mitaos, there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with super high rollable mixed games. Is Jason Mercier comes out for the one off high buying Mixed event and rips it off p l O. I'll go with josh Aria and Super high Rollable Nolan mat Holden, regular Alex Foxen.
Speaker 2: Again your team FOEC.
Speaker 1: See that trend that I was talking about, Yeah, it's this is this is.
Speaker 2: This is it. I can guess who's going to be your next spec event.
Speaker 1: Who will win PGT Player of the Year. It was Jeremy Osmas last year, then of course he went on to win the PGT Million Dollar Championship as well. Who's going to top the leader board at the end of the regular season this year?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the guy that's gonna play the most events out of all possible people you can name, and that's Canadian Daniel McGrane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is he going to play the most events?
Speaker 2: Play the most events? I already know Ozmas is skipping Mixed Game Series FOX and doesn't really play that much.
Speaker 1: Makes yeah, but it isn't it? Yeah? But if so, if Ozma's is skipping the mixed games or whatever, doesn't Daniel skip five ks will be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but more points in the Mixed Game Series it's tens and there's one hundred.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm only saying in terms of a play the most events I'm playing.
Speaker 2: I mean play the most events with points. But I'm still taking it. I'm Team Canada. You want to your fame is is team fox My team is Team Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm gonna pick someone who also staying on trend Alex Foxhen, but a person that could be easily play the most events. Yes, he Foxing is there every day, every single day, playing everything. So you got Nigranny for PGT Player of the Year. I have Alex Foxhen. So this next one. Since the pgt's inception in twenty twenty one, there have been six players who have finished inside the top forty of the leaderboard every single season. Now I know the first year was the top twenty one, but I just looked at the top forty.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Those players are Alex Foxon, Daniel mgranu, Jeremy Osmas, Sam Silverrill, Sean Winter, and Steven Chidwick. So these are like the if there was a Mount Rushmore of the PGT, these six are on it. I know Mount Rushmore is four, but hell, we're sticking six on it. It doesn't matter. It's our show. These are the six. Like these guys are, They're always in the mix for a series title. They're always in the field like you talked about, you know, in the GRANU playing the most events, like these six play the most events, like it can kind of be one of these, you know, I know, I know Chidwick played a little bit less last year. You know, Silver played a little bit less last year. But maybe they come back or they play their regular stuff this year, and you know, they're playing the most events possible. These six players are just they're there every single day. You can really count on them, you know, you can really just pretty much bank the fact that they're going to be in contention for different major titles, if not all of them, and then of course for the top forty of the leaderboard. The question is the first question. There's two questions as it pertains to these six players. Who's going to have the best PGT season? I think you already answered it, We didn't we both answer that. I mean, yeah, pretty much, Yeah, okay, I mean so you said Negran for PGT Player of the Year. I said Fox, All right, who's going to have the worst season? This is the more fun part of the question, anyway.
Speaker 2: What do you define as the worst season?
Speaker 1: Though one okay doesn't show up like over I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's Stephen Chadwick. And the main reason is we're talking about volume here.
Speaker 1: You know, he is just said he's going to win the Purple Jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I said, if you remember, he's going to skip the first two series because he's going to be off gallivanting on epts and trying events and living in Portugal at the beach playing on gg poker. So of all the he's the only one that's international. He's more likely to travel to these other stops, not based here in Las Vegas. And if you look at last year's leaderboard, he only snuck in finish fortieth. So he is, you know, the I guess favorite amongst these mount rushmore and a half of players to fall out and have the worst season.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Sam silverall And it's not that Sam soverl is you know, any any less of a player than anyone else on this list. And he's extremely talented and all that, but it just seems like in recent years, in recent seasons, like the last season and a half, maybe full two seasons, he's just played less. Yeah, doesn't show up every single day. Kind of kind of takes the approach of he's gonna play when he feels like he wants to play, doesn't really force himself to be out there grinding an entire series, like he'll pop in for like event number two, Skip three, four, come for five, like you know, he does that all the time. So just that alone, I'll say that he won't have the volume that I think these other players will have. Therefore, I'm gonna say that he's gonna have the worst season out of them. And the way that I looked at the worst is he'll finish the lowest and the leader of these six heres. So all right, will any of these six players finish outside of the top forty?
Speaker 2: I think I think Childwick. I think he may fall out. We're gonna have a lot more I think local, own and operated events in Vegas and around America this year. So I think the math says he may fall out.
Speaker 1: I got soverall falling in. I just again, the volume thing I think will ultimately kind of bite him at the end of the day. All right, So pick three players that didn't finish in the top forty from the twenty twenty four season to finish in the top forty from the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go firsts. What do you want to make it fest? I mean, you name a name. I don't name a name.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna rip off all three of mine. But I do want to say that for anyone new that's listening. The reason I keep saying top forty of the PGT Leaderwards because the top forty is what qualifies for the season ending PGT Million Dollar Championship pending. You get you know, the right number of cases at least three, and you opt in. So so yeah, that's why I keep referencing top forty, just so you're aware. I got Brock Wilson going with my guy who I picked him in the Poke Girl Cup. I got Shannon Shore. Interesting, Okay, I like that now he made it into the Championship via the dream seats from the Last Chance Series, but didn't in the top forty. But I think Shannon like has had you know, a little bit of a swinging momentum, a little bit of a heater this year. That helps the bank roll. That means you can play more. You know, he's always playing in the studio. Now it's just a matter of volume. I think we see him put in a little bit more volume and then I got Sam Laskowitz. I got him, you know, he was he wasn't too far outside the top forty this year. Fight until the end, but I got him getting up in there. So Wilson, Shore and Laskowitz for.
Speaker 2: Me, done any research on this have I Yeah, I don't know what that means. Sam Lesquit's about that baby.
Speaker 1: Who gives a shit? He's a fucking poke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying, you know what it's like, having a baby and trying to play poker makes a little tougher.
Speaker 1: I'm a normal person. Poker player is not right?
Speaker 2: That is that is actually true? Okay. I think my three players are going to take Matt Wantman, you know, finished just outside the top forty this year last year.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he's he's good to get in. I gotta take my boy. He's giving me grief. Jeremy Becker, this is his season. He is gonna make the top forty. And then my third one is Joey Weisman skip the back half of the year. I think he still finished like in the top sixty. He did play PGT Last Chance, had a final table there, but pretty much skipped the back half of the season and still was just within reaching distance of the top forty. So if he puts in a full year of volume, he's my he's my pick to get in there this year.
Speaker 1: All right. So this next one, I'm gonna go first again because it's picked three players from the twenty twenty four top forty to fall outside this year. I don't just pick like Jonathan Tomayo and the WSPH.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fine, Yeah, good, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: So I went with Sam's overall shocker. I've shown him so far. This one might be a surprise to you, but I got redlinn. Wow. My reason is so listen, I love Redlin, He's an absolute character. But I just I feel like last season he started to do a little bit of a dancing around the globe in terms of like where he's playing and what he's doing. Played some more Triton stuff, was that, some EPT stuff, all of this. So what if he just doesn't play a lot of the PGT stuff. What if he just says, you know what, maybe I'll just bounce around and play other stuff. So who knows that? That's kind of my my lean there. And then so I know that this next name is I guess technically w S a P final table related, but he also played enough of our events that I felt like I included him. That's Brian Kim, and he played.
Speaker 2: You got some inside of information.
Speaker 1: I don't have any inside from I'm rank him. I just I just feel like he might just be kind of over tournaments. It's a freaking brind man, or at least over like such a big grind. I don't know. I mean, he lives in Australia, maybe he's maybe he doesn't chase as much. I don't know. I just you know, who knows.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking Stephen Hildwick, but I'm going to take three players that had very good wsps, but you could kind of count as regular as just due to volume and previous history. First one, Scott sever you know, he only had eight cashs. He had two big wins in PGT qualifying events at the WSP, so you know, he won Player of the Year who had an outstanding series, and who knows, he may just go back to Bobby's room for the entire summer and not play a single WSP event, so he's out.
Speaker 1: Don't tell the people at WPT there I saw on their bold predictions him to win three bracelets.
Speaker 2: Again, well he's they're idiots. No, I love those guys, but there it is. My next one is is Philip Ivy. Now, yes, he doesn't play in the studio, but he plays every PGT qualifying event. He had I think eight or nine cashes at the WSP last year. He had a couple at the Super High Rollers series in Cypress. He had a great year. Obviously, one he's eleventh bracelet. He ain't going to repeat that, he's gone. And then my third one, someone I wish was playing more PGT events in the studio is Chance Corneth. He's told me why he doesn't come to the studio that often, but he does love the WSP and he had I think four final tables which pretty much thrust him into the top twenty at one point, and then he didn't play anything else. So obviously it was a big season from him at the WSP. It would be tough to repeat that. I think he will be one that also falls out of the top four.
Speaker 1: All right, who's going to have a breakout season on the PGT?
Speaker 2: I mean from some guy that complains a lot about the breakout player of the year for the GPI Awards. I can't believe you put this question in, But how do we define breakout season? What do you want to define it as? Because that's the way I'm. I didn't have anyone written down because I'm.
Speaker 1: My definition of it as it pertains to the PGT is like they're not really known as much to the PGT fan base, Like they're not they're not at Alex faxon the Grand New Jeremy alsm A Soverall Winter Chiitwig, et cetera. They just haven't had those those really big breakthrough seasons. Like I would basically say, like somebody that is this season's David Coleman from last season who came out, had those wins early, you know, performed really well all season long, mayor to the championship, you know, blah blah blah. He basically became a name. I mean everyone, most of the people that play on the PGT are already names.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you have to you have to like perform on the PGG. You've got to start winning tournaments, win one of the series titles, like get into the top forty, that sort of stuff. So that's how I got I got one. Go ahead, Michael Joseph Oh I thought of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think by the way, I think he qualifies for all those you know, deliverables that you mentioned.
Speaker 1: I have John Reardon, King John Reardon, who puts in a crap of volume on the PGT, but like never like it all every season on the PGT. It like gets to the end of the season and I'm like, where's John Reardon points? And I look, he's got like two hundred. I'm like, what, Like he's here every day, What's what's happening? And like he's it's not like he's not cashing. It just said. He just really doesn't make final tables is the thing. You know, he kind of just cashes a lot if he does anything. I'm expecting a big year out of King John Reardon.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Can you wait wait, let me let me this is very surprising to me. In the old time pe GT rankings, where does John Riordan rank on most cashes most cases? Now, I'm gonna give you some numbers. I'm gonna give you some like bullet points twelve. That's really high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was seventeenth, which I was extremely what's tied for sixteenth. Actually yeah, but very surprises a lot, and forty one is a lot of cashes.
Speaker 1: He gets like twelve cashes a season, and he's just like, it's like twelve cashes two hundred points. Like I'm like, like, I look, I look going into the last chance and I'm like, oh, he's got to be like you know right there, right, No, he's like nowhere to be found. He's like one hundred and eighth.
Speaker 2: He averages forty four points per cash, which is probably slightly high than we thought.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but he doesn't have like the he doesn't have the wins, Like he doesn't get like the you know, all the wins. So yeah, Jeremy Os must be talked about him. PGT Player of the Year. He won the PGT Million Dollar Championship perdict his twenty twenty five season. You can take that however you want. This is your canvas paint.
Speaker 2: How you will He will finish top five on the leaderboard, but I have a worse season point wise. That is my prediction.
Speaker 1: So I also said top five on the leaderboard, and then I put three wins fifteen cashes.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to do it that way?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean you can do whatever you want. I don't have I don't have that exact thing for all the people that we're going to do this for. So I just said for Ozmas, he'll get three wins. He'll have fifteen cashes, So that would mean more wins than last year. Last year he only had one win. Right, it would be fewer cashes because he was at like twenty something whatever the heck it was, Yeah, cash twenty six, I think, so he'll have fewer cashes and then I still have him top five on the leader board. I mean, he's just he's an incredible player, and he puts in the volume. So I still think he can easily finish up at the top. And I also think, you know, I feel like Jeremy will want to defend the title, which is a good thing. I think he'll be out for that. You know, it would be a cool thing for him to go back to back if that word to happen, And I think it'd be something he would want to chase, all right. Predict Daniel mgran New's twenty twenty five PGT season, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Already think he's gonna win. So I'm gonna say he's gonna win everything. Yeah, you know osamaus twenty nine hundred points last season, that's a lot. I think Negrano is gonna have twenty seven hundred points. Two wins, call it twenty five cashes.
Speaker 1: Okay. I said top five on the leaderboard for Negranu, and I said wins one of the PLO series. Okay, I think he's just a supremely underrated polo player. We got two of those series every single year. I know he's gonna be out playing everything as it pertains to those series. So yeah, I got Negranu winning one of the PGT PLO series on his way to a top five better board finish. All right, predict Jeremy Becker's twenty twenty five PGT season.
Speaker 2: Zero wins, But okay, he's gonna break one thousand PGT points and qualify for the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I said two studio wins. He had his first week, he had his first studio win last season. I got him win in two. And I also said he's going to finish inside the top forty. So two studio wins Rebecker inside the top forty. Let's go, all right, as it pertains to the PGT. This is the last thing we'll talk about, and then we'll move on to general poker stuff. Three storylines you're going to keep an eye on this PGT season.
Speaker 2: Trying to keep it in I guess calendar order. But first one to me is seeing if we can double down on our success that we had in Texas Texas but grew up and Peeler round Up. Both events had great numbers. You know, we always say that our first time event, the next time you do it always drops down a little bit. But I'm hoping that we can kind of improve on everything we did, both schedule wise and event wise, and then also see an increase in numbers, not just the main event, but the whole series down there in Champions Club. So that's my first kind of storyline that you know, means a lot to me is hopefully we can always improve on our things. So yeah, that's another one for me. Do you want to should do it?
Speaker 1: I'll do. I'm looking at David Coleman and I want to see what sort of I'm gonna call it his sophomore season on the PGT. It came out last year absolutely blazon out of the gate at PGT kickoff and early in the season had a lot of success. Obviously that propelled him to then go on to qualify for the top forty of the leaderboard, qualify for that PGT Million dollars championship. What are we going to see from mister Coleman this time around? Is he now just going to be a mainstay? Is there gonna be a sophomore slump? I would lean that he's going to be a mainstay on the PGT. He's gonna have the success, he's gonna finish in the top forty, all that sort of stuff. But it's gonna be something that I want to keep an eye on, largely because last year when we were predicting things, I picked him to be the breakout player for for the PGT. So I want to then see if that success carries through and how then and you know, how his season goes over wrong. So that's mine.
Speaker 2: Well, if he didn't didn't skip kickoff this upcoming week to go to Disneyland, I feel much more confident about your man. Come on, hey man, Disneyland. It's a very overrated. I've never been second storyline. It's hard to say if it's a storyline or it's but me personally or the PGT internally have three, four or five kind of new events we're working on, and I'm hoping that a we can obviously get the green light on them, get them out on the schedule for people to play, but also that the people are receptive of these events and show that we are trying new things and trying to put on events that hit our player but also potentially bring in new players. So I know that's kind of a soft storyline, but to me that that's kind of important is when we launch something new that you know, people like, yes, this is what we want, and we don't get that negative feedback.
Speaker 1: I got Alex Foxen comeback season last year on the PGT.
Speaker 2: I'm a surprise.
Speaker 1: He finished thirty eighth on the leader board, barely eclipsed a thousand points, had no wins, thirteen cashes. He didn't even achieve a million dollars in PGT earnings. Washing this is like, this is like unheard of for Alex Foxen on the PGT. So I'm expecting a big comeback season for Alex Foxen. And because I'm expecting that, of course I'm going to be keeping an eye on it and seeing if it happens, but I expect big things out of mister Fox in this time around twenty twenty five PGT season. So yeah, that's my second thing that I'm keeping an eye on.
Speaker 2: Final storyline. For me, we just finished pretty insane season ending with massive numbers of PGT Lost Chance and obviously a great winner at the PGT Championship. I want bigger and better, and I know we're getting bigger and better at the next PGT Lost Chance with the rule tweaks extra dream seats up for grabs of that series. It's going to be the biggest series we've ever run. Exclamation point, full stop on the line, on the line, put it in.
Speaker 1: Bold, Okay, I mean you're setting the bar high.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Steven Chidwick and I want to know if Stevie returns to form. He's always been a what top five guy on the PGT Top ten for sure, always like right there, right there, right there. He won PGT Player of the Year the one year you know he's got titles all that sort of stuff. Last year was a little bit of a down year. It took until the final series for him to squeak in to the to the qualification for the PGT Championship. He ended up doing so, yes, but kind of a similar year than than Alex Foxen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He had nine hundred and sixty nine points, one win, fourteen cash is one point one twenty six million in earning, so really not like the the Steven Childwick year that we're used to seeing on the PGT. So kind of like I'm looking at Alex Hoxsen, I'm also looking at Steven Shouldwick and now we're gonna see him return to form, so you're gonna be looking at him. I know I've picked fox In to do a lot of really good things on this upcoming PGT season, But we'll see if we can get Steven Chiuldwick. You know, one of those guys who's you know, pushing what twenty cash is like, he does every single year, top five of the leader board, all that sort of stuff. So let's see if that happens for Stevie. All right, general poker stuff. Pick one player to win a World Poker Tour title.
Speaker 2: Now this is the main Tour, right, I'm not talking Prime.
Speaker 1: Main, Yes, the real shit. Okay, we ain't. We ain't doing that fake stuff.
Speaker 2: So I got pick someone I gotta pick someone that wins one of the four events they run throughout the year. This is kind of tough. Uh yeah, I'm gonna go with someone you threw out earlier. I'm gonna go with Brock Wilson. He's probably gonna play all of them. I think he's pretty decent and then at that buying price point and you know what this four of them are. Yeah, he's got a good chance to win one of those four events.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going with the reigning WPT Player of the Year, Yunk You Song, who I think it's like hit kind of his time, you know. I think he's had a lot of really good stuff, had what was it Texas Polk ro Open. He'll keep on as well. So yeah, I think he's primed to have big field MTT success, you know, coming off winning WPG Player of the Year. I think he's going to be motivated specifically towards the World Poker Tour, maybe a little bit more so than others. So I have Young You Song winning a WPG title in twenty twenty five. All right, give me one player to win an EPT title in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: There's another not many of them that exists, so does make it tough. And I'm gonna Audible off your prediction of Alex fox and crushing the PGT. I'm gonna say, Alex Foxon is going to do all he's winning on non PGT events this year, like trying and that includes an APT title.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have Adrian Matteos or Steven should.
Speaker 2: I have him Tellos? So? And then I believe Audible.
Speaker 1: Us to our crushers, you know, I think they always play, They always try, at least try and play the EPT stuff. Name three players who will win a live WSP gold bracelet in the summer.
Speaker 2: Can you get fast on this one?
Speaker 1: Sure? I have Alex Foxon kind I mean, I think he's just have an incredible year all around. Sean Deep your boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of.
Speaker 1: The of the best players in the WSP realm for sure. And then John Reardon, Yep, it's time to do it live, buddy, Let's go John Reardon. So those are my three.
Speaker 2: I did have date, but I don't want to pick him because I want to have some variety. But I'm gonna take the best poka play in the bud Dylan Weisman. He'll win another Palo bracelet. I'm gonna take Santhosh. I think he might repeat as a two hundred and fifty K champion, So put him as one of my bracelet winners, and then throwing Adrian Mitaos because if Samtush doesn't win it, it's going to be Mitayos.
Speaker 1: Predict one player to reach the twenty twenty five main Event final table. I mean this is this is needle in a haystack.
Speaker 2: Af staven Song.
Speaker 1: You know what. I almost picked him, to be honest, I almost picked Stevens Song, but I went with the name. You might not even know who this player is.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: But got to put him on Colin Robinson. So Colin Robinson is like low key, low key big field crusher At the WSP. Recently he won He won a twenty five hundred dollars no limit hold him twenty two and twenty nine entries. He got second in the fifteen hundred dollars Monster Stack one year eighty three hundred and seventeen entries there, third place in a fifteen hundred dollars no limit that had thirteen hundred and six entries. He got ninth place in Colossus one year fifty eight hundred and ninety four entries in that one. I mean, clearly Colin Robinson knows how to navigate these big field mind fests that that take place so often at the WSP. Right, so I got Colin Robinson as my player to reach the twenty twenty five WSP Main Event final table. Which poker player is going to top the twenty twenty five money list?
Speaker 2: I mean we could just say everyone anyone would named on this podcast more than once. The tins of SHOT's gonna flex off all those names. I'm take my boy, brind Kenny.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's gonna have two scores for eight million each?
Speaker 2: You know what? Very possible. That's the craziest I know, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: On trend Alex Foxen Alex Fox and Alex Fox and Alex Fox is for me, who's gonna be the highest earning female poker player in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: See the two answer people? I want to say, it feels like the most layup answers, And I don't know if I want to kind of flex off the completely.
Speaker 1: Do you want to say who Kristen Fox and.
Speaker 2: Jason Fox or Socio Jang from New Zealand? Because she plays all the trying events. That seems like too easy to pick, like that's too too chalky.
Speaker 1: Well I have Jang.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm not going to pick either of them, but they have the front run.
Speaker 1: It's also like, I'm with you on like those of the two, I feel like that are the favorites. Yeah, but I also feel like if if there was like a this was a sports book, you had both those names on it, people would be like, who the hell is Soshia Jang? I mean the people who watch Triton, Yes, of course they know who she is, but I think common poker people don't really yet know who she is. So for those out there who don't know, don't be surprised to see Soshia Jang's name on the top of the all time money or of the money list for female poker players in twenty twenty five. Because she's good. She works with, you know, some of the really really good players. She plays all the super high by and stuff that takes place all around the world, ardly at Triton, So yeah, you know, don't be surprised to see that name up on top.
Speaker 2: I was leaning towards Cherish Andrews, but her buying like average buying would just never be enough.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I mean, but she plays like enough twenty five keys.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but it's none about ones and like somehow.
Speaker 1: She doesn't the bigger field ones like she gets me in.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take someone like off the board. No odds on FanDuel. But she had two cash's at the tin Monte Carlo series, sia ono, So she's back. Well, I don't know if she's back, but the fact that.
Speaker 1: She can't out of the cash game streets.
Speaker 2: But if she's playing the Monte Carlo tournaments, okay, one was that tried and invitational, but still she played some events there. Does that mean maybe she's like, you know what, maybe I want to play some tournaments. Just takes one score to like, you know, flick that switch and get the bug. So that's going to be you know, obviously we've discussed the two favorites. I'm going to take her as the the roughie to get there.
Speaker 1: All right, just like we did when it comes to the PGT. Give me three things you're going to be watching for this year in poker in general.
Speaker 2: I think the first one is probably should be at the top of everyone's mind.
Speaker 1: List, it's probably mine.
Speaker 2: How will the WSP be with GG now publicly involved? So are we going to see anything different? Is it still going to be the same old show, the same setup, everything the same old We're going to see some remarkably different things like will the WSP plus app be live for the summer series in time? Will it get approved, et cetera. So just seeing how things start changing with GG now very publicly involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the same one as my number one. Any changes to the w CP is what I wrote down, you know, is it is it going to be one of those things where it's just very status quo for one year and then you really see it come in for the twenty twenty sixth WSP. Are we going to certainly start seeing things take effect this summer? You know, maybe things that people have taken from WSP Paradise. You know you mentioned the WSP plus app stuff like that. You know, when is that stuff gonna happen? Is it going to start happening this year for the summer? So let's let's see what happens there. What's your next one?
Speaker 2: I mean, the rumor mal is swirling about what's happening in December and January of twenty twenty five slash twenty twenty six. So I'm kind of eagerly waiting to see what kind.
Speaker 1: Of to do, huh said, I love a good rumor.
Speaker 2: Ealy awaiting what happens with the WBT World Championship. Will it still be in December? Will it still be at the win? Will they bring back a guarantee WSP Paradise?
Speaker 1: So, yes, it's going to be in December. Yes, it's going to be at the win.
Speaker 2: I mean what I mean, I do not never know, you never know.
Speaker 1: Guarantee who knows?
Speaker 2: But the other stuff, Yes, WSP Paradise. Will it be in December? You know they've changed it every year so far in dramatic format of the schedule. So is there another massive change? Are they going to kind of audible off their twenty five million, twenty five k buying fifty million guarantee? Are they going to move it to January? What else is happening in January? We've heard some stuff about Pocus Stars, et cetera. So that kind of winter festival time which has been you know the last few years, have been growing. How is that going to change? Is going to be the same and how that's going to affect kind of what everyone else is doing in the industry.
Speaker 1: I do think it's interesting about basically paradise. You know, you mentioned that basically the drastic changes between the first year and the second year. I think you would want to go like drastic change versus subtle change, like like, for example, next year, like if they run back the twenty five k but they have like only a thirty million dollar guarantee on it, right, I mean like something like that. No, Like just I'm just kind of thinking in my head, like would it be kind of very unique to just do something completely different every single year for this you know what? Like yeah, next year, it's like we're gonna do a freaking fifteen hundred dollars one hundred million dollar guarantee, like so you know, like just thinking like you're just like going all over the place every year, just like completely switching it up from one, like one spectrum to the other. Like that'd just be great. So I got to regulated online poker progress and you mentioned the rumor for December. I keep hearing betem jam is coming to Nevada, So can it freaking happen already? Like I heard last year? It's gonna happen last year. I heard this year, it's gonna happen this year. Like I've heard, you know, it could be Q one. I heard it could be by the end of the year. Like can it just happen?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It just be good for those of us here in Nevada to just you know, have an extra competitor in the state, extra option to play all that sort of stuff. So I'm I'm just looking for, you know, kind of two things. One regulated online poker progress or do we get another state on board? Does Pennsylvania join actually get involved? I know they've like you know, said that they're going to be getting involved in terms of the interstate liquidity, Like does that actually happen? And then, you know, do we get someone else here in Nevada? And I'm looking most specifically at bet MGM. So here go for your third.
Speaker 2: My third is also related to competition and also related to ben MGM in a way. But are we finally going to see this this bet MGM poker too. We've heard about are we finally going to see more napt stops around North America? It's it's been talked about in the last couple of years obviously, and nothing's happened with either tour, But is this the year where we start hearing more concrete things, you know dates, even if it's for twenty twenty six, you know we're going to hear about NAPT going to Ontario or going to Pennsylvania. Ben MGM obviously has two main properties, Aria and Bogada out on the West coast. You know, let's is there something they can do liquidity wise, shared liquidity run opening events in both places. They all come for the Aria well, you know, the bet MGM Poker Championships kind of thing, So kind of seeing how that kind of plays out both NABT and bet MGM.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at sweepstakes, the sweepstakes poker sites. You know, there's been a lot of attention turned their way in recent months. You know, are these legal? Are these in a gray area? Are they illegal? You know, everyone's kind of got their arguments for the different things. Got I think Global Poker pulled out of Michigan. You have Global Poker recently announcing that they were going to be pulling out or they are in the process right now pulling out of Nevada. So you know what happens with sweepstakes, and then you also have a new player in the mix club WPT goal like they had the big free Role. We haven't really heard much from them since the free roll, right, they just they just not no, I'm saying, we haven't heard much until like the last couple of days when they basically said, like, you know, the platform's coming, and I think I saw Rampage saying like he's having a meetup game whatever. Now I'm personally not surprised that there's silent after the Free role, because you know, I played on the platform during the free roll stuff, you know, trying to get one of those Golden passports, and it definitely seemed like a very basic MVP just to get it out there, and I just assumed that they would get something out there, allow players to play those free roll tournaments, and then kind of go very quiet afterwards as you fix everything, you get the full platform ready to launch in whatever timeframe that is, and then you come out with it later. So I'm not surprised personally on the silence on that front. That said, you're now coming out in in a space where there's a lot of people are looking at sweepstakes, poker and They're like, is this allowed? Should this be allowed? Should states be coming after them? Should the federal government be looking at them? Like this whole thing. So there's that aspect of things. And then also specifically, as it pertains the Club WPT Gold, you had this massive free roll, this massive marketing promotion to launch this new platform. What's it going to be like at the end of the day, And it's it going to be successful? Meaning did the massive five million dollars free roll and all of that user acquisition work in terms of making it a viable platform to play on? So I'm just saying this is something I'm going to be watching in poker, like I think. I think that, you know, towards the end of twenty twenty four, there was certainly a lot of sweep steaks casino and sweepstakes poker in the gambling industry news headlines. So let's see then what happens here in twenty five. So I think that that's going to be an interesting thing to just kind of, you know, keep an eye on it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like, yeah, Club WBD Gold launching basically meetup games over the next eleven days, starting on Monday. Get to play with Phil Ivy I'm in, does it really feel it's definitely phil Ivy, brad Owen, Rampage, Wolfgang Zuanlu. Guessing some other WPT people will get in and it's called you know, Project Gold Phase one meetup games, so maybe they're you know, Phase one is still acknowledging that it's you know, we're still in mode beta mode games.
Speaker 1: I just want to play tournaments.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but this is I think a good way to see. You know, we all go on tomorrow, we play and see is the software the same or is it dramatically different? You know, they've had what a month since they ran all those promo free roles pretty much, you know, hopefully they took some constructive criticism from people and made changes where it was needed. And I guess we'll line at the next week or so.
Speaker 1: I will say that the software will be a massive upgrade if they don't have that damn shaking when it's like timing down on a player. That shit made me think I was having a seizure. I mean, it was unreal. Okay, so get rid of that and it will be good to go SPA.
Speaker 2: Speaking of online poker, and this is obviously a little bit of a pad on my back because I made a final table last side. But you know when you make a final table on WSP and there's two ends and then the table goes dark and the two hands light up? Do you a like that and be think that should be on every table?
Speaker 1: Well, definitely should not be on every table. That's absolutely insane. I don't mind it. At the final tables, I will say that you should. There should probably just be an option that you can turn it off. Okay, I can that be an option because you can like turn off sounds, you can turn off certain animations like whatever. I like that. When you get heads up, the money on the table is not usd it's not US dollars. It looks like euros, It looks looks like it could be Australian dollars. I have no idea what it is. It's not American dollars. That is, for damn sure, which I think is wildly hilarious. Because wsip dot com is a US facing online poker site.
Speaker 2: Where is the software I made?
Speaker 1: Well, I just think that that's funny. But it doesn't matter where the software is made, Like, you can't change that for this, you.
Speaker 2: Sure you can I'm just saying that that the software is European based, so they probably that was there. Yeah, but that's also like the stuck image to put in and that no one cared to change it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's wildly silly. Okay, it's also funny to me. This is this is like kind of along the same lines. But if you go play the blast sitting goes the background stuff says it says eight eight eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says eight eight to eight.
Speaker 1: Poker, because a poker obviously supplies the passion.
Speaker 2: Thought that was on all the tables. It's certainly on the.
Speaker 1: Bloss unless it's like not on the regular tables because I have a different background or something. I don't know. But the money thing is hilarious to me.
Speaker 2: I find you mentioned that in our group chat last night, and that's when I was at the found table. But I didn't want to like google it. I thought I jinxed myself in bust, I mean I busted anyway.
Speaker 1: High Stakes Poker kicked off season fourteen last week Monday. There will be new episodes just about every Monday for the next I don't even know a handful of weeks. I don't know exactly album the season in but I will say that's a pretty good start to the season overall. This one kicked off with Andrew Robel, Jared Blesnick, Seth Gottlieb, Brandon Stephen, Justin Gavory, Mark Kulick, and Marcus Gonzalvez. You had Blessnick, Gottlieb, Kulick, and Gonzalz were all making their high Stakes Poker debuts, and then all the other players have been on High Stakes Poker in the past, So good blend of old and new. Like I said, I thought it was a good start to the season. I was entertained by the episode. There were some big pots. I think having Jared Blesnick on there is just a plus content. I mean, the guy's just an absolute character. He's not scared to shy away from playing big pots, getting involved. He certainly has a lot of personality. He's a talker, all that sort of stuff. So I also feel like, you know, Robull is sort of the king of cash games right now, and until someone tells me differently for a really good reason, he should almost always have a seat on I six Poker. He's just the guy. So yeah, those are kind of my initial thoughts, and I thought it was a good start to the season in the sense that I'm certainly looking forward to watching the rest of the season, you know, starting with Monday's episode coming up. So yeah, any thoughts from you initially.
Speaker 2: No, you're right. It was a great way to kind of kick off the season with some pretty insane hands. Obviously, that last one from Blesnik was pretty crazy. It was good to see some new faces, you know. I feel like we often get some plays, like very repetitive plays in some of these cash games, but in fact, we open this one up with, you know, several new faces along with you know, the trustee Audit robl who's not afraid to put a chip in the pot, same with Brandon Steven was pretty cool. And from the PGT side of things, seeing Seth Gottlieb on there is is very interesting to me. I've only seen him play like one event in my life in person. Sorry not, I'm not counting any of this try and stuff, but so it's interesting just to see how he kind of operates and battles with these other high stakes crushes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gottlieb was also a player who was I was drawn a little bit more towards just in terms of getting to see their debut. I mean, we obviously know a lot about Blessnick over the years. It was still cool to see his debut. But you know, other than him, you know, between Gottleeb, Gonzolves, and Kulick, you know, I thought Gottlieb stood out to me just probably because of like his his background on who he is in the poker world. Just he's a very big backer of a lot of players. So you know, what, what is he going to bring to the game. Is he going to be a big gambler? Is he going to be kind of tight like? What is he going to have a personality? I know he's good friends with Blesnick, so there's that dynamic. So you know, I was certainly looking forward to seeing how he played. And he got involved in at least one big pot, so maybe that's a sign of things to come. But you know, he was the one that I was kind of drawn the most towards, and think Gonzalz is you know, he's just Marcus is just a pro like you know, he's just a pros pro like he'll obviously do what needs to be done to play in these games and get invited back, of course, but very solid pro have known him for a while, So yeah, I do have one question that just came to me on Andrew Robo specifically Poker Hall of Famer. Well, he definitely doesn't have like the tournament accolades, but wouldn't you think of him? Now, I'm going to use his name and that people listen, don't jump down my throat, But I'm going to just use the name as kind of a comparison David Oppenheim. Like David Openheim wasn't known for tournaments, right, And all I'm saying is that, obviously Andrew Rouble is not known for tournaments. He's known for me in a high stakes cash game crusher. So is there a world where he's a Poker Hall of Fame or is that just never cross anyone's.
Speaker 2: Mind under the current format? No, he is thirty eight years old. Of all the people that are not in the Hall of Fame and have qualified via age, there is a total of sixty five people ahead of him age wise that I'm more likely to get in than him.
Speaker 1: Did you make that up?
Speaker 2: I can run you down the list with their birth dates if you want. There's some people on there that you could Probably you can definitely argue that Andrew robeles ahead up. But I'm going to name some names coming up in his you know nominee ye, okay, ready, good luck, good luck Andrew Robe is what I'm going to start with. Nick Parchangelo, we probably not, Chrissy Foxon definitely, Darren Elias interesting, Jason Mercier, Bryn Kenny, Tom Dwan leave his name off, Chance Corneth maybe, Sean Deep, John Reisner, Justin Bonoma, Isaac Hackson, Jason Kuhn, Chris Mormon, Joey Ingram, Scott Severa, Ben Lamb. None of those guys are forty yet, but they are at least thirty eight. I can keep going if you want. But every name I just named there probably would get in before Robo. I mean, maybe not Joey Ingram, but still I don't agree their resumes are strong enough to get them in. Now. The Hall of Fame is a I don't want to get too deep in not but whatever it's. People are having to cast their own votes, so if you were preferred by others, you've got more chance of getting in. Now that's just the thirty eight to forty year olds. If you want me to go through the forty year old. It's a not we're talking Schulman, A Lahi, Vanessa selps Ari, Angel mariaj. Nacho, Barbero, Grinder, osmas Es Fondiari, Jack Effel, josh Ai Goss Hanson, Like, there's still some formidable poker players that have like qualified by age that I haven't even made a nomination ballot yet. So unless they change the rules, I think it's nearly impossible for Andrew ro Would to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, just ask him the question, that's all.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Again, he just seems to be the king of high stakes cash games. Yeah, and I think he's probably somebody who often gets overlooked, you know, kind of in a similar sense, not to the degree, but in a similar sense that Patrick Antonio's often got overlooked just because Patrick never had obviously the tournament resume, right, you know, I think Patrick is very deserving of the Hall of Fame, and more so than than Robul overall. But you know, if Robel continues to just dominate high stakes cash games for the next what ten to fifteen years, you know what, it's kind of my question, like, what's that case look like then?
Speaker 2: And By the way, yes, I do have a Poker Hall of Fame duck with names and ages in it.
Speaker 1: Of course I would expect this is a.
Speaker 2: Column if they've been nominated before.
Speaker 1: I mean, just incredible stuff. All right, last topic and then we'll get out of here. So Borgata recently had their Winter Poker Open, and for those that may have been paying attention, they had the main event and it finished with co champions. So I'm just going to read from the recab article posted on poker dot org. Is I just think that these two things are just kind of stick out to me. This is the first and this is in no way like a slight it at poker, there's obviously reporting the news and doing their job. But the first sentence of this recap article, after over two weeks of action, thirty trophy events and millions in prize money, awarded the marquee event of the Borgata Winter Poke Rope and has crowned not one, but two champions. So that right there, this is the marquee event of your series and you crowned two champions. Very weird to me. If you ask me like, I just don't, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I hate it, absolutely hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I want to you're the committee.
Speaker 2: Okay, just I'm I'm i am team chopped. It's you all. It's the player's money. If they want to chop it up, I don't mind, but you can add some caveats to it, you know. And first of all, no, no, no co champions. Here's the problem. This event has two trophies, has it both a betam gam and a Bulgata trophy. So it's like it kind of incentimizes them to chop and take a trophy each because I bet you they each took a trophy hunt. So no, none of this. Now, if they do a chop and they want to flip for it, the winner has to get more money.
Speaker 1: Okay, but let me just jump in here quickly because also in this recap article, the section about heads up play says they started in whatever they and they like, somebody doubled the kind of got even. They played for two hours before they eventually agreed to a chop, And then it says, so they agreed to the chop. So the winners were Joseph Nieman got four hundred and almost four hundred and seven thousand, win League got four hundred and twenty five thousand, So they agreeted that chop then it says, I'm reading directly from the article. They then ran a few blind hands to see who was signing for first, but they both took home a trophy and both even took some winner photos to crown the occasion. Well, if they ran blind hands for somebody to sign for first, that person in first place is the champion. End of story. Yes, why are we promoting co champions? What are we doing here? People? This is like, this is like if the PGT million dollar Championship that just happened, they get to heads up play. Jeremy Osmus and Nick Shulman come over, hey, Tim, we want to be co champs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would tell them the funk off exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, let me come on. What are we doing here? Seriously?
Speaker 2: Co champs? It's it's just not it's not poker.
Speaker 1: This is why listen. I'm I'm with you on the whole, the whole. Like it's the player's money thing. They can do whatever they want. I totally get it, but I do just kind of wish that people would it would just be accepted that, like, listen and you have to leave five percent of the prize pool to play for at a at a minimum, like and the trophy. Yeah, like that's not even that a lot of money at the end of the day. And if you want to do some under the table dealings with that, go do your thing whatever. But like, I mean, come on, I'm also listening. I'm also against like the whole don't allow chops. I think that's also ridiculous, by the way, So I'm just I just but I feel like there should be a winner, and I feel like when you're the operator here. And this is why I want to bring this up to you specifically, and why I use that example from the PDT Championship is that as like the operator, and going back to this first sentence, like this is the marquee event of your series, your big series. You should want a champion, somebody you can crown, somebody that you can promote, somebody you can slap up their winner photo. Like you know, imagine you walk into the the horseshoe and instead of just Chris Moneymaker, it's Chris Moneymaker and Sammy Faja shaking hands behind the money because they were co champions in two thousand and three. No, this is not how this works.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, it's not No, it's I hate everything about it.
Speaker 1: CO Champions, just say, listen, guys, you can do whatever you want with the money, okay, but somebody's gotta sign for first, and that person is getting the trophy. They're going down as the winner of the event. Okay, the champion. They're gonna get their name in the headlines, their photo on the wall, they're gonna get out there in the press release, all this sort of stuff. What are we doing, CO Champions? What are we gonna see three, four, five champions? I mean I also see eighteen player chops like on the regular of these days.
Speaker 2: I mean, what, what's actually funny is that you bring up a three play a chop. I'm trying to find it. But the last time I was at Bolgada, there was basically a three player chop for the main event and it was on stream and they.
Speaker 1: Did like you're fine, who cares what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was the way it was done. It was not good. But going back to this point, Borgarda should be like, you know what, you guys want to chop the money, that's fine. You guys want to take it a trophy home that's fine, but you guys got to play this out and we're crowning one champion, and the one champion is going to take photos with the trophies and that's what we're going to promote. Now. If the other guy, if you guys make a deal and one of you is getting one trophy and he wants to take some photos, cool, pull out your iPhone, but we ain't taking it because like that's even happened in our studio, Like so no, we're not. We're not going to do it that way. From the Borgarda's point of view, We're going to do it official. We're going to have a winner. We're going to promote this winner at the next series. He will be our champion regardless of how much money you chop for. But Borgarda should also just be like, guys, you need to make you got to do this properly. First has to get more money, you know, simple as that, Like you can. It's fine if the first guy wins thirty k more and wants to pay thirty k to the other guy because they made some deal off the table, that's fine, but the head line has to have the whoever wins wins the most money, because otherwise it just looks bad. And you know what, it's happened on the PGT before and since then, it will not allow be allowed to happen again.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't care about I don't care about first not getting the most money. If there was some sort of deal that was made, I don't necessarily care about that. I just I just take more of an issue with crowning co champions. I mean, it just seems silly to be honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say you and me got heads up and we were crown card champions. Never it would never happen.
Speaker 1: Were first of all, we're never getting heads up.
Speaker 2: Second, you supposed say you're not good enough to get that date. That's what you should have said. Which trophy? Do you want to take time.
Speaker 1: Publicly tell you what my pipe dream is when I when I get heads up with a friend in a poker tournament.
Speaker 2: You a good friend to pretend you're playing for it all, but you're no.
Speaker 1: We both just leave.
Speaker 2: You've said this before. This is the worst.
Speaker 1: This is what I don't think I've ever said it publicly. Like if you and I were like, let's just go to dinner and just don't tell anyone what are they going to do? What are they going to do? Blind us off? Okay, go ahead, Like I wanted.
Speaker 2: To ask you which trophy do you want? Do you want the one that looks like the Bogata or do you want the big Lion?
Speaker 1: The Borgata won by a million miles Borga. The Borgata trophy, the the replica of their hotel tower is one of the first trophies in poker that I saw and really wanted. It's not as high up there on the list as the wind trophies, which are similar, they're you know, replica of the tower. But I want to win trophy more than anything. I've always wanted one of these Borgada trophies. I do not like this bed MGM trophy, Like I think it should have just been like an actual like a lion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's kind of too much like a Venetian then, right.
Speaker 1: Which which I always thought was weird because the lion is MGM, because the lion's always.
Speaker 2: Been MGM, isn't the lion in the Venetian logo?
Speaker 1: I know, well yeah, but I've never associated it.
Speaker 2: It's actually you know what it's on a line. It's like a yeah, I don't know what it is. It's not a line, but it looks like a line. It's a line with wings whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But like, you know, I think of what is it the something in California they have the California Poker Open or.
Speaker 2: You mean the bear or the bear.
Speaker 1: The guy on the horse is bad, the Remington Horse. That's for the Ali Poker Classic. Okay. I was also going to say that. But then they also have the the California State Championships or whatever it is, but they have the bears. Those are cool too, like you know, like that's why this should just be a you know this this like it's like, okay, give me a square and you know, put a plaque on it. Not that cool. Give me the actual lion, you know, like that'd be badass. I'm sure there's other things you could do, like you know Aria uh, which is MGM, you know for the Ario Poke rope. And I really like their trophies. I thought they were awesome. Yep, you know, so I I do think and listen, I think we need to get creative, more creative with some of our trophies. Some of them are very cool. Some of them have gotten pretty stale to be honest.
Speaker 2: I think we're trying to work on a Pokemonsa's trophy. That's the that's the one we're trying to work on right now. Like I basically pitch them, we need a bronze.
Speaker 1: It should be like a little bust, but not a bust of just the upper body of somebody wearing back and out. Yeah, yeah, like that's what should be. But yeah, but the Burgata trophies I've always really, really really liked. I've only played a couple. I think I've only played maybe two tournaments lifetime of Borgatta played zero.
Speaker 2: It's a It's how far That's pretty far? That was pretty far away from you from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a four and a half hour drive from where I was in New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: What's What's the.
Speaker 1: Fox was? The Mohigan Sun were like an hour and forty five? I remember, well, now it's some Encore on Core Boston. I once drove down to Borgada for this big weekend like multi flights whatever the heck, six hundred five and all. I can't even remember what it was. Played, ended up like getting I think somebody shoved the small blind. I was in the big line with as King I called they had some shitty hand like jack three or something ridiculous, and like they won, and I was just I remember, I was like so dejected. I was like, I'm not even staying overnight. I'm just I'm driving home. The hell with it, Like I'm just so like, I was so upset, so upset. But anyway, Yeah, I've always wanted one of those borgout trophies. So maybe maybe one day I'll get back. All right, cool? Anything else, uh that we got to talk about?
Speaker 2: Yes we did. We were on the topic of trophies.
Speaker 1: Lord yelling at me people out.
Speaker 2: There, I want to win Trophy of the the JPI was so please go to my Twitter PGT Twitter and vote for the Texas belt buckle. It's all asked for. Just I think the voting against tomorrow Monday, and then if we make it through, there's another round of voting. Just vote for us. I don't know, but it's most original trophy design. Surely we have a chance, big belt buckle for Texas. Come on, if you support the podcast, you need to go vote for us.
Speaker 1: What are you up against? I'll tell you if you're going to you know what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. I'm not looking. I'm voting you should only look at the belt buckle. That's only trophy of the matter. Sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If not, you're not allowed to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're banned. I'm banning you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all right. Cool, that's all we got. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this episode. We'll see if we can make good on any of these predictions that we laid out again. The twenty twenty five PGT season starts Monday, January twentieth with the first event of the PGT Kickoff. It's gonna be double points for every cash for the series five events. The first four are five thousand dollars buy ins, the last one is a ten thousand are buying. Okay, last year we had what David Coleman won two events, Kristen Foxon won an event, who else?
Speaker 2: Justin you and Dylan we I can't remember Justin.
Speaker 1: Young and that crazy ending? Was that the crazy ending?
Speaker 2: Hand?
Speaker 1: Or was that is David Colan one can't remember?
Speaker 2: That was I think the David Coleman one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a lot of fun here again. We're going to be streaming starting on Tuesday. At the final tables, Remco and I will be on the call for those final tables, so a lot of fun. Let's get this PGT started right and big, and let's freaking go. That's gonna do it for us. My name is Donny Peters, his name is Tim Duckwork And we'll talk to you guys next time.