Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped, you need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running Just as fast as we can. Shooter is gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Manx is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 5: Two five five.
Speaker 4: Well we started another day, another day of solving problems, answering questions and taking complaints. And I decided, I decided something. We handle so many important complaints, so many problems we solve eventually a.
Speaker 5: Lot of them. Afterwards. What am I hearing? Guys? What am I hearing? I'm hearing studio talk or something? Guys. Okay, thank you for turning that off.
Speaker 4: In any case, I handle a lot of problems here that you later see show up either the same people or different people on TV because a lot of TV reporters get their ideas from this show, which is a great idea. I love it, by the way, I love it, honest to god, I'm not kidding. It has nothing to do with me. It has to do with solving a problem. And I hope they pick up on a few of these problems we've been talking about. We have some major problems that have not been solved and are out there, and I want to review all of them.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 4: Actually make a master list of them, because God, they're just heartbreaking. One is, of course, that justin Garcia, and Justin Garcia stole sixty two thousand dollars from a woman.
Speaker 5: Can't get anyone.
Speaker 4: Now, I know we have some updates, so when you get a chance, I'll bring you update.
Speaker 5: Then the other one was this.
Speaker 4: Condo project, let's call it the eight point four million dollars. I am almost convinced that that woman who called in was not a nut. Well, let me amend that she might be a little off personally. I don't know, but there's something going on there. And we talk to other people and really there's something going on. There's something going on. Then we had another guy who took six thousand dollars for roofing. I think Deputy Bow worked on that. Is Bow in the studio today.
Speaker 6: I'm here, tom Bo, who was that.
Speaker 4: That took that six rand? You wrote to me and said we got to do something about this.
Speaker 5: Who was that?
Speaker 6: Gosh Sam of All?
Speaker 7: And on his contract he's using someone else's roofing company name, which is which is strange.
Speaker 4: Why why do our authorities let consumer crime go unpunished?
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 6: But this lady's pretty good, she's taking action. She's not. She's going to the county court. And I told her that if she.
Speaker 4: Gets well, she could go to small claims court as well to get a judgment on that.
Speaker 7: Well, Tom, the small claims court in Jefferson County's booked booked up till.
Speaker 5: March, So are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: That's why she had to escalate it.
Speaker 7: And I thought, in county court you need to have a lawyer, But she's she's.
Speaker 4: Going to need a lawyer. I mean, you can do it. But here's the problem we've actually seen.
Speaker 5: Is marking there with you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mark, tell him what we've seen where people were actually.
Speaker 5: Lady lost her house man. It was horrible. I was issue and she was in the right, wasn't she market Oh, there was no doubt.
Speaker 8: I saw the house up closed, I saw the damage the roofer did. The lack of it was one of the worst roofing jobs I've ever seen. They didn't do the decking properly. It was so bad you can't even understand it. But they suit her to get paid, and she ended up in court and I was there the entire time in the courtroom, and they out maneuverter. The judge wouldn't allow her to use any of her expert witnesses because she didn't go through the proper steps to actually make them a expert witness. They it was absolutely a sham, and she ended up not only having to pay all the attorney's fees but paying and they foreclosed down her house and she lost everything.
Speaker 5: Mom, Mark, That's so sad, that is it. It was horrible.
Speaker 8: And by the way, as a side note, by the way, studio video up right now, go ahead. So as a side note, that was very interesting because at one point the judge actually he thought I was practicing a law.
Speaker 5: Oh well with the other party. The other party complained, well, here's how it went down. It was crazy.
Speaker 8: At lunch, we broke for recess, We go out for lunch and I call you and we're talking live on the air about it. The attorneys for the other side, the roofers, got wind that I was on air and recorded it. When we went back into the courtroom, the judge asked the jury. After the jury sat back down, he was talking to the other side, and all of a sudden he dismissed the jury and he's up there listening to something on a tape recorder on a phone, and oh my god, Yeah, he gave me a look like I have never seen in my life. I thought he was gonna throw me in the uh in jail right then and there.
Speaker 4: So tell me this, what other cases do we have now? As far as the ones I've mentioned the other ones.
Speaker 8: I'm curious on that condo one. I mean, where do you even go on that? It's crazy? We don't have to hire an attorney.
Speaker 5: Well, this this is criminal. I mean, okay, how do you how we're finding Hey, let's wait, let's read get the books, let's recap it. Let's recap it. D you looked into it? Right now.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give all of the details or names right now because we really need. I mean, this this is serious stuff. Let me start. What happened was the condo project had a It had a basically a.
Speaker 5: It had an insurance claim, an insurance claim mark eight point four million.
Speaker 4: They won from the insurance company in a lawsuit. They hired a hole in the wall company. When I say hole in the wall, talking about a tiny little company and put one of the board members in charge of the project.
Speaker 5: Take it away.
Speaker 9: D Yeah, that's those are the allegations. And I should open by saying that I have not seen those.
Speaker 4: Those are not allegations, those are facts. Those are facts. There was eight four point four million dollars one, that's a fact. Well, there was a construction hold on, there was a hole in the wall of construction company hired.
Speaker 5: That's a fact. That is and the guy was put in.
Speaker 4: Charge of the project. That's a fact. No one's disputing any of that. So now let's talk about allegations.
Speaker 5: We got facts.
Speaker 8: So I don't understand how it's a fact that we know they had eight point four million.
Speaker 4: Dollars because we verified it in it was a lawsuit one, it's public record.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: So yesterday I spoke with a board member of that association. He was recently elected to that position, and he ran on on this platform of shedding some light on what happened to their insurance settlement, how is this money spent? And he told me that he's having a very difficult time getting any documentation from the rest of the board.
Speaker 5: Dave.
Speaker 9: They, according to him, they refused to provide him with a contract with a payment history or even the.
Speaker 5: Insurance a settlement. Did he trace ach payments?
Speaker 9: He told me that he observed for he's not sure what what document he accidentally got a glimpse of, because they wouldn't give a case.
Speaker 5: He doesn't really have a record of it.
Speaker 9: No, he hasn't been able to email me anything, but he he alleges that there was over eight million dollars in payments acchd over to this tiny little roofing company on Callfax. And there's no invoice, there's no contract, there is no supporting documentation. So whatever happened there smells eight million dollars according to the board. Remember, the roof was done. He said that most of the gutter.
Speaker 5: The walls, in the siding, they were done.
Speaker 9: They were done very according to him and the caller, they were very poorly done. And apparently there's some photo evidence of that too, But that pales in importance when we also when we're actually wondering what happened to the eight plus million dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, we used to have private investigators Mark that worked for the show, and either they retired, I don't know whatever happened to our friendly ghost.
Speaker 5: I think he retired. There're more skip tracers, Yeah, but some of them were really Yeah, you're right, But don't we have that guy that don't You don't even.
Speaker 4: Have to mention his name that he said he wanted to look into stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does occasionally. Suzanne's got a good report. And I'm talking about d found somebody too.
Speaker 9: Oh that was from the Larry H. Miller case. And that private investigator reached out to me over a weekend, offering to help.
Speaker 5: I'd love to talk to him out stuff like this.
Speaker 9: I would too. He didn't respond to my message.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, you don't think he's interested anymore.
Speaker 9: No, I think he lost me.
Speaker 4: I'm going to put the word out. I mean, we need a prime honest to god, we need a private investigator or two these cases. Now we're talking about an eight million dollar possibly and not all of it was embezzled. But what's interesting is the guy that worked with the construction company and I'll just say it was Blue Spruce.
Speaker 5: Wasn't the name of the construction company blue Spruce?
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was a trade name that's used by a company that's a I believe I traced it to a company that's called Global Roofing on callfax. Global Roofing has a golden address. It's a residence address.
Speaker 4: Hold on the money that this board member. I want to get the board member on. We really look can we get did he say come.
Speaker 9: On the airth he said he'll contact me today after he consults an attorney.
Speaker 5: The best thing in the world is to make things public.
Speaker 9: I'll call him right now.
Speaker 4: The best thing in the world for his safety. And then if he's fired, if he's let go, this is this stinks.
Speaker 5: We also need to.
Speaker 4: Get stand the ho a man on to figure out how we go forward. And I'm serious, we need to start taking some action.
Speaker 9: The biggest challenge.
Speaker 5: Now here's what I want to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's for the TV reporters listening. Just give us credit. Say you heard it on the show and they called into my show. And because I mean so many of these guys, there's so you know, they say, oh, you know, as a result of my long tirests investigation, blah blah blah. Guys, take the story and run with it. I want you to, you know, I mean, let's do it.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I want people to the yacht club. It's the yacht club. And where's that yacht club located? What municipality is it?
Speaker 9: It's up north and it's in my notes.
Speaker 5: So the yacht club one hundred and sixty one units Westminster it it?
Speaker 4: It was one. Okay, here there's what happened. They got a settlement for eight point four million dollars to do repairs. Apparently someone on the HOA board who doesn't he's not even there anymore.
Speaker 5: He moved away.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's he moved away, and according to the caller, he's now suing the HOA for what sounds to me like a slip and fall on the property.
Speaker 4: But in any case, they he worked very closely with the construction car.
Speaker 9: He made himself, according to the caller and to the board member, he made himself the sole representative of the HOWA to the roofing company.
Speaker 4: So they got a point and then they hired they hired Is it blue Spruce? Is that the one they actually hired?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 9: So let me really check my notes. Okay, it's called Blue Spruce Roofing and Exteriors and blue.
Speaker 4: Spruce what do you mean by what did you find out about the company?
Speaker 9: That's a trade name, that's owned by Global Roofing, and I traced that address to a residential house of the man who filed the pits.
Speaker 5: The DBA.
Speaker 9: Filed by filed by Global Roofing, and.
Speaker 5: And Global Roofing is where well.
Speaker 9: I haven't been able to find an office for them, but the paperwork was filed by a gentleman who lives in Golden, Okay.
Speaker 4: And so far the roof, gutter, walls, and siding were done, but were completed, but it's poor quality supposedly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's the second issue that they're that they want to.
Speaker 4: Well, it's got to be because the money. But yet the money was paid to them and and one one hoa member put himself in charge and he has since moved away into a giant, multimillion dollar home.
Speaker 5: Is that what we were.
Speaker 9: Telling I don't know anything about his home. The caller did allege that it's kind of a you know, really luxury call.
Speaker 4: That board member tell him he needs to get on there. Does he realize that if he doesn't out them, if he doesn't call police or investigators, we need to call people with the if it's in Westminster, either someone with the county or someone with the police.
Speaker 5: Department to look into this. This is serious stuff, people, This is serious stuff.
Speaker 9: The board member's biggest challenge right now is that his efforts to uncover any documentation have been stonewalled by the rest of the board.
Speaker 5: I know, because maybe all of.
Speaker 9: That you do. So what maybe all of.
Speaker 5: Them are all of them are in on it. I'm asking questions. People. See, this is called freedom of speech.
Speaker 4: This is called Tom Martino, this is called mart Major. This is called a troubleshooter show. This is called what we do. We start shining a light.
Speaker 9: So what can he do? How can he force welcome to discord financial records?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, they're supposed to. They're supposed to under house built twelve thirty seven. That's why I want to get stand the hl Man on and if we need to, what we need to do is get some serious We need to get some serious loss stuff going on here.
Speaker 6: I mean, Roan know how to do that.
Speaker 4: Tom, I'm gonna ask we Well, let's ask Brad O'Brien about this and see where we go. And then we just these homeowners need to get a meeting together.
Speaker 5: I'll address them.
Speaker 4: They need to chip in at least to get an attorney started on this thing. This is so wrong, This is so wrong. Now, there there's a lot of money.
Speaker 5: We're talking about eight million dollars people, eight million dollars. Now, it may not be.
Speaker 4: Your money, but when corruption like this goes unchecked, it is a terrible thing. Now, Nick, I know you have a safe co insurance thing. Hold on, I got to take a break. I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: This is look. This show uncovers all kinds of corruption. And I don't care.
Speaker 4: Like I said I if you young team reporters out there you want to make a name for yourself, I'll give you all the information. We'll give you our contacts. Please contact us three zo three Martino. There is no shame in getting leads off of my radio show. I mean, for some reason, they feel like some of these people feel like they, you know, they have to lie and say they thought it up or found it. It doesn't matter. What we have to do is help people. Okay. I know these stations love talking about this guy on your side and this problem solver and this thing and that thing. What do you say we put down the borders and just help people. Okay, I don't give it, damn. At this stage, in my career to get any glory. But I'll help you. But let's expose this fraud. Please partner with the radio show. Okay, you can have you can have the the erection. I don't care. You know you can have all of the credit. Let's just help these people. By the way, renew Homes will help you with a shower conversion second to none, beautiful doing two three days, no maintenance, beautiful like stone like walls, no uh no, no doors needed, no thresholds to walk or stumble over. They do it in two or three days, with seventy two months to pay three oh three nine zero four two thousand.
Speaker 5: Renew Home Innovations dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight five. Another problem we've been following. Another major problem is Club Valencia. Club Valencia. Again, TV reporters pick up on it.
Speaker 5: This is where there was there.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of owners that own condos, a lot of them rent them out. But Club Valencia had had two fires and they are not getting coverage from insurance properly. The insurance company is withholding. They're suing their insurance company. It is a terrible situation. People have been displaced, yet they're still required to make mortgage payments and they've been without a home. And yesterday take the first one, line two. Anastasia called in and said, I'm one of the victims. Anastasia, are you there?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And you said I'm one of the victims. This is going on. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: And I said, we're well aware of it, and it's it's just amazing. And I asked what was going on? And I forget, I forget the the extent of it, but uh, you were not the only one who called in about it. Other people have called in And I asked, you. In fact, Cliff called in once and he says insurance is not paying.
Speaker 5: Where does it stand to date?
Speaker 4: I want to just take that and then we'll go into the second part.
Speaker 11: Well to date, at least for me, where it stands is that there are multiple lawsuits, one at the federal level that.
Speaker 10: Is against the.
Speaker 11: Master carrier to to for coverage because they've declined.
Speaker 4: Why did the insurance company Why did the insurance company decline coverage?
Speaker 11: It's my understanding that coverage was declined due to some technicality with the smoke alarms.
Speaker 4: And okay, okay, the public adjuster you hired, who is it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 11: There is a public adjuster for the HOA. I do not have a public adjuster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hold on that that public adjuster is going to help you as.
Speaker 5: Well, meaning that yes, you know they're going to help you try to get this damn place on the road.
Speaker 11: Yes, and yes, that's correct. So that has been an ongoing effort.
Speaker 5: Well, we should get the damn public adjuster on to talk about.
Speaker 4: That's why I want to know who it is. I do want to get the public adjuster on. That's a great idea, So, Anastasia, I'd like to know why they're fighting it.
Speaker 8: Why what is the insurance company saying? Anastasia said something like, you know they didn't have the correct fire alarms, but I've never heard of anything like that.
Speaker 11: Well there you asked how it stands? That was your initial question.
Speaker 5: Yes, of course, And now is.
Speaker 11: That the courts are hearing sides on at least three lawsuits. Our HOA is working very hard to maintain the building so that the people who are left have good living conditions. So one hundred and sixty four units out of three hundred and twenty nine are behind chain link fence and have been boarded up behind chane link fence now for almost two years. This happened on a frigid night in November two years ago.
Speaker 12: People, Oh, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know how you could make just half the people hold the people that so there's still people living there, right, Yeah, but Mark.
Speaker 5: You have to understand the way it's laid out.
Speaker 4: The way slaid out, they were able to separate that one hundred and sixty four units.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I'm saying in a final settlement, though, I don't think you can just make the people that are still living there make their units great and tell everybody else too bad.
Speaker 5: So sad you couldn't do that, Mark. But the other people, Mark, let me explain this. The other people do not have damage, correct, Okay, so they.
Speaker 11: Are occupied, are still okay?
Speaker 5: Yes, I understand that Mark didn't hear all of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mark, we're only talking about a percentage of those There are other units unaffected. We're talking about the ones that are affected. Okay, Okay, good. Now let's talk about this other Anastasia who called. There is another Anastesia apparently who owns a place there, and I want to bring her up because she called us and said, you know, I demand to know what's going on on. My friends told me I was on your radio show and I wasn't It was so big deal. There's two people named Anastasia, I believe. So what's going on the other? As I put it, the other Anastasia?
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now do you understand that there were two people? So your friends probably heard this Anastasia and thought it was you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and that is just fine. And I noticed that the other Anastesia didn't say anything negative.
Speaker 4: But the problem is, well, she said a lot of stuff negative about the situation, right, that's not my issue.
Speaker 12: My issue is I had some of the legal issues with the HOA, so I need to make sure that nothing incriminating or false is said in Bin Dame regarding the situation, because honestly, I couldn't care less.
Speaker 10: I'm out of there.
Speaker 12: My grandmother's out of there. I called you guys in twenty two.
Speaker 4: Now do you still own a place there, Anastasia number two?
Speaker 10: I guess I do.
Speaker 5: Sure, okay, and what are you doing? You said you're out of there? Did you, guys? Were your Were yours one of the units that were damaged?
Speaker 12: You know? Unfortunately I'm at work and I don't have the opportunity to okay anything outside of the fact that.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to make a staatement.
Speaker 12: Okay that if there was another anistatious, different unit, different last name, fabulous?
Speaker 5: Is this? Are you? But but but so? Are you?
Speaker 4: Let's just answer this, Anastesia. Are you pursuing legal action against the club Valencia?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: Absolutely not. Why would I?
Speaker 5: Okay, so, but you're out of there? Did you sell your place?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 12: Okay, do the same thing, pap.
Speaker 5: Okay, but yours was not one of the ones damaged?
Speaker 10: Oh yes, it was.
Speaker 12: It was completely gone.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, okay, thank you for calling again.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I have absolutely no idea the purpose of her call. Does anyone have any idea why she even called? Can you help us, Kachina, Why this other Anastesia called? She had nothing to say whatsoever? Does anyone know?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 9: I understood she wanted to make a record of the fact that she was not Anastasia Prime because this caller. Second, Anastasia is involved in some kind of a legal action.
Speaker 5: No, she says, she's not involved in She's.
Speaker 8: Specifically she should say something about a legal action.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, And then I asked her, are you suing She says no, they might be suing her. I don't know what the hell whatever.
Speaker 4: Just let's just hey, Anastesia number one, we need to we're still following this. I need you to help us get the name of the public adjuster.
Speaker 5: Can you do that?
Speaker 11: I can look that, look into that.
Speaker 5: Can you please help us?
Speaker 4: We want to figure out what the hell the hell is going on here, So let's uh, and maybe we can check.
Speaker 5: The court too.
Speaker 8: I've got like really basic questions and I have no idea.
Speaker 5: If you know the answers to these time.
Speaker 8: But if you're in these apartments, and I'm talking about the units that you.
Speaker 5: Can't live in anymore, do you still pay HOA?
Speaker 4: That's what Anastasia. Are they still collecting hoa's.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And this is where I was going back to what I was trying to point out. If they're paying HOA, where's that money going. If it's not fixing up the units that are broke. If their HOA payments are going towards the people that can still live there, that is just fundamentally unfair.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I know. It's a mess. It's a freaking mess. That's a good point, Anastasia. You guys are not getting near the benefit for your HOA.
Speaker 5: Are you literally paying it the full amount?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: When do they say you'll have your unit back?
Speaker 11: I don't think there's any real deadline as far as that's concerned, because things are tied up in litigation, which could take.
Speaker 8: Year well, and then the assumption is you guys win the litigation. If you don't win it, from what I'm reading, there's twenty million dollars in damages in a special assessment with the average income of people that live there, it's never going to happen. It's absolutely never going to happen at twenty dollars in damage. I mean, that's crazy, markin where are you reading this? This is on a Denver seven story? It's crazy, though many.
Speaker 5: Did they actually did they actually cover the story about this whole thing?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean they've had they have quite a bit of information. Let me see how this is. I mean a lot of this it's kind of an old story. But the problem is nothing's been done. I mean, this is November of twenty three, and they got a hold of a lot of the documents and the HA said it.
Speaker 4: Was technically call her Is that technically an Aurora?
Speaker 11: It's a Rapacle County, I believe.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But what city is it? Is there a city or is it unincorporated?
Speaker 11: I'm not sure if it's Aurora or Denver? I think, Okay, I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: This one person, this guy named Alex, they're they're quoting.
Speaker 5: Listen to this time.
Speaker 8: So the h a way, he's in a unit that just burned to the ground. I mean he's got nothing. He owes more than twenty six hundred for one of his units, and he's going to end up owing the loss assessment to help prepare for the other units. If the insurance company pays or doesn't pay, it doesn't matter. So he's gonna owe twenty six hundred plus. They're gonna hit all these people whose units burned down with the special assessment to fix the other It's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 5: I would walk away from it if it's possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Mark, a lot of those people had or they thought they had equity. I'll bet you our caller Anesthesia thought she had equity there at one time.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's really bad deal, man, I mean really really bad deal. Okay, it is a bad break. Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Man. You know, it's amazing the frustration we have trying to help people. Let's go to Nick. Nick has a issue with Safecombe Nick, what's going on with you? Nick?
Speaker 14: I have a service line policy with Safeco.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and my.
Speaker 4: Now which kind of service line? There's all kinds of service lines. There's water, there's sewage, there's electrical.
Speaker 5: What is it.
Speaker 14: It's it's a general it covers all of those.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it? M hm.
Speaker 14: My sewer line collapse. The plumber came out. We were getting a sewer smell in the house. The plumber came out and ran a camera through the sewer line, saw that it had deteriorated and needs replaced. So I turned the claim into Safeco and they said that's not something that's covered under this endorsement I have on my policy.
Speaker 5: Well, it has to be sudden and accidental. Okay, So what is it?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know we've we've talked about this before.
Speaker 5: Why did they trut yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why did they turn it down.
Speaker 14: They said, because there was nothing damaged inside the home.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on a second, I want to get I want to get Brian on again.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, what what actually broke? I'm sorry? I really did miss that.
Speaker 4: Okay, the sewer line collapsed, market did not back up. We got more coming right up? Hang on, Nick, I'm going to get an expert on go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Back to Nick real quick.
Speaker 5: Nick, Nick, I want to get Brian Burns on. I kachina. I'm hoping to get Brian on.
Speaker 4: Okay, Thank you, Nick, We may not get him on right now, but we're going to get him on now.
Speaker 8: Can I ask him a question, Nick, did you have line coverage? I have Safego Assurance mark mark the whole. Yes, he said, that's what he started out with. He has line coverage. His sewer line collapse. But listen, no damage to the house.
Speaker 4: His sewer line collapse, and they're denying the coverage, saying it's not covered. But Nick, what did they say in their denial?
Speaker 14: They said that because nothing was damaged inside the home, that it's not something they covered.
Speaker 4: Okay, they do cover the damage, but they also cover the lines with line coverage.
Speaker 5: But they don't. Let me explain this to you. It is not a warranty, it's insurance.
Speaker 4: So if a back hoe was driving across your property and the line collapsed or some other cause, if it just collapsed, how old is it?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Well how old is your house?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 8: It's if he has Safego and he actually has the line coverage. I don't know if he does or doesn't. It will be covered. If the line breaks. It doesn't matter if it's old, it they will cover our line.
Speaker 4: You're right if it's old. But only if it's accidental. No, not with the line coverage. The line coverage is different. Okay, let's ask Brian, because I might be confused here, and I want to be. I want to clarify this because then Nick, if they won't cover it and it should be covered, we'll go after him.
Speaker 5: And in fact, Compass.
Speaker 4: Does deal with SAFECode fact, so we're gonna get them on. Hang on, all right, Mike, What is your complaint on Douglas County?
Speaker 11: Mike, Yeah, ton, real quick.
Speaker 15: I received a call this morning from the Douglas County Code Red and Emergency Notice.
Speaker 5: Key. I got it about ten minutes ago.
Speaker 11: And it came in at plus eighty six with a space six four one zero zero zero.
Speaker 5: What kind of main? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Hold on, Hold on, Mike, This is a call from Douglas County Code Enforcement.
Speaker 8: No, it's Code red. It's if there's an emergency in Douglas County.
Speaker 5: It's an Amber alert. I mean, for lack of a better What's what was the emergency call for? It was just a test. We If you live in Douglas County, you got it. Oh okay.
Speaker 14: But the problem is the problem is when it came in on my phone.
Speaker 5: It came in as China Mainland.
Speaker 13: I didn't answer it because why would I answer a call from China? It's probably a scam?
Speaker 5: Why well, why did your phone?
Speaker 4: Why did your phone interpret it as China?
Speaker 5: Mine came in as four five thousand.
Speaker 10: But mine came in with a space between we ate six and it came.
Speaker 13: Into China Mainland And I called them and they.
Speaker 5: Needed Well, I don't know if it's their problem or if it's the phone system. Seriously, I'd like to explore it. Hold on set in code red.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there might be something with your company. We'll talk about it. I want to know the name of the company, because that's simply an interpolation. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: News.
Speaker 2: That's who you don't have run as a kid, No shoots, good come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino. Hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino. Here an action pack show. We got a lot of problems we're juggling. We're trying to get to the bottom of multimillion dollar problems. Some we believe could be a form of embezzlement. Others are theft from contractors. And again we need to get Justin Garcia arrested.
Speaker 5: He's a thief. And then there's another guy using.
Speaker 4: People's contracts and that's a roofer that Bo's been working with.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna bring them up in the studio here and Bo, he promised he was going to return that money, didn't he And he never did, never never did.
Speaker 7: He actually went to his house because he didn't call me back, and I had a conversation with them.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I remember he was going to return it in a couple of weeks, right, he says.
Speaker 7: Would you just give me two weeks and I'll send you a picture of the check. And the reason he didn't do the roof because they had a disagreement about the color of the shingle.
Speaker 5: Josh Sandoval, and I believed him.
Speaker 6: He the guy who'd wink me, and we need to give out his number.
Speaker 8: To try to get him on air right now and see why he didn't come through with what he said.
Speaker 6: Let's call him, particularly, call him Tom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to first go back to this one caller. I do want to call him in fact. Yeah, well, let's do that, but Bo, you can ask him he.
Speaker 5: Wants to come on the air, do it now.
Speaker 4: Mike listen, I looked into this, and I looked in this number, by the way, is used all over the country. It's used all over the country for code red eight six six, four one, nine, five thousand. Let me explain how caller ID works. Phone system subscribes or generates a caller ID based on a database, and many of them have numbers eight six six numbers coded the wrong way, and some have eight hundred numbers nine seven seven, different kinds of numbers coded different ways. And the coding that you see on your phone where you get a message as to where that number came from, does not come from the people who make the call. So Douglas County is simply using that number as every municipality around the country is, but Douglas County is not in charge. I knew it hung up because he didn't want He didn't want to hear this because he thinks it's Douglas County's fault. Douglas County does not encode it. So it's that simple.
Speaker 8: He might have some kind of anti spam software too that picks up on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when you get a caller ID that's not coming from the people who generate the call, that's coming from a database. Now, there are ways to spoof it and to fake it so they can people who make a call can have software that would falsely give the impression for example, it's coming from an official agency. That is called call spoofing, and what they do is trick the databases into telling you it's someone official. Now, this is really important. By the way, Brian Burns, did you see if anyone else over there was available at Compass, not just Brian Kachina? Did you try Matt or did you try Jeremy or anyone else over there?
Speaker 17: Well, Jeremy is actually taking over some of Brian's duty's right now, and so he's not available, and that is also unavailable so I'm doing my best.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nick, We're trying to get some clarification here. I seem to remember yesterday Mark saying, excuse me, Brian saying that sewer line coverage and waterline coverage and all that kind and service lines coverage is good for sudden and accidental casualty loss, not for maintenance.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mark, I might have misheard him. I'll leave that open. I may have.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't have been the first time it happens, but I believe that's what he said. We need to get clarification. Now, do we have any other insurance experts? I mean, if if no one from Compass is available, which I find hard to believe because they answer the phone right now, if I call them, so.
Speaker 5: That part I don't understand.
Speaker 17: We can probably reschedule them. I don't I think they could be in meetings or something like that. So why don't we take Nick's okay no number?
Speaker 4: And I'm really yeah, yeah, yeah, I would really just want to know if it is yeah, okay, So I want to, Uh, I wonder if there's even anyone at I wonder if that if we can see the policy, do.
Speaker 8: You have try Castellano give them a call over there from the referral list.
Speaker 5: Or insurance group of Denver. All right, Kelly, that would be good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll get one of them on. I bet we can get Costa what I'm sorry Castellano.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good guys, Okay, and ask him about safecoat specifically if he could, but if he doesn't know about it anyway, that that's where we're gonna start. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, So Mark is going this Friday. I wanted to talk about this because he is, and I wanted to. I'm hoping you can use video and all of that, right Mark, I'm because I should be able to.
Speaker 8: I'm going to zoom in with you while we're there, and when Trump takes a stage.
Speaker 5: I will zoom into you just like we do hear.
Speaker 8: From studio, and I will let everybody see kind of what's going on there, and hopefully I can walk around and interview some people.
Speaker 5: We'll see did you have.
Speaker 8: To sign up to get tickets out that the second it came out, which was two nights ago, I signed up on my phone and Suzanne's for tickets, so we got the tickets instantly. I also applied for a press pass and hopefully I get that. That'll just make my life a little easier Friday. But either way, I'm going to be there.
Speaker 4: That is so cool. And are they expecting a big crowd?
Speaker 8: Well, it's already sold out. I don't know what room. You know, you and I have been there numerous times for different Christmas parties and stuff. I can't imagine what room it's in there. They do have some pretty giant rooms. Oh yeah, like the main Grand the Grand Room in the front. Yeah, but wherever it is there is completely it's sold out. It was sold out, I think as of yesterday it sold out quick.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I want you guys to stay tuned on Friday because we're gonna try to bring you some live coverage of this thing.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I remember Deputy Dan back in the day. I saw him on Fox News during a Trump rally in sixteen. He said something that's always stuck with me. He said, when Trump walks out, it's like a rock concert. He comes out with just this. You know, he owns the stage, he takes, he takes the whole thing over. People are going crazy. You would think it's a Metallica show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know he said he's like a rock star with that and anyway, so I want to mention that. So that's Friday, and then something else with this hurricane. I know a lot of people have friends in Loveland's Mark, your parents are there, but they're out of the path, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're so they're in the Orlando area, but they have not only it'll probably still be a hurricane when it passes over around Orlando, Like, no kidding, It'll still be hurricane strength winds and a hurricane. There's tornadoes popping up, there's some or at least one that's already hit the ground, and then they're expecting one hundred mile an hour winds where they live. And you know that's about it. They're not going to have any flooding, at least I hope not.
Speaker 16: Hey, Tom, Yes, my best friend and my ex wife are in the dead center of the hurricane in Sarasota. Do you want me to have them call after it passes and give a report on what it does?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 5: Are they leaving or are they staying there?
Speaker 16: They have a ranch style house which they're leaving, and they're spending the week with some friends that have a condo on the third or fourth floor of a condo building, which and they have their Oh wait wait.
Speaker 4: But where's the condo building in sarah Soda Anrisota. But it's crazy because the direct HiT's going to be between Sarasota and Saint Pete.
Speaker 6: No, they expect to be directly hit.
Speaker 5: I wonder why they'd even stay there though. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Why they have the windows boarded up on the condo and they think that if on the third or fourth floor, I don't remember what it was, that they won't have any storm.
Speaker 6: Surge going that high.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think to last storm surge that high, but from the last storm they went through, you could easily have a couch or a television or something fly right through the windows.
Speaker 6: Well, they have still covers on the windows.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 6: So that's why they felt safe.
Speaker 13: Tom.
Speaker 16: But I'll have them call afterwards and we'll get a first hand report.
Speaker 8: There's some idiot called Lieutenant Dan and he is going to be right there in Tampa Bay in his twenty foot sail boat riding out the storm. There's people literally betting whether the guy lives or not.
Speaker 5: What is he going to be doing? Camping did you didn't say camping out.
Speaker 8: No, he's going to be camping out in his twenty foot sailboat in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 5: Well, that's ridiculous. Here's something that I have. When you see the pictures of this storm, it really truly looks like a science fiction movie when you see them from space. And here's another thing, and this is what's shocking. I saw.
Speaker 4: Did anyone see the video of the hurricane hunters in the plane?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, Now they fly I didn't know they flew through Category fives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they go right into the eye. Man, Well they go.
Speaker 4: Right, which is the calm part right there. So they go through the front, into the eye and out the back.
Speaker 5: That's right. That's incredible.
Speaker 16: These guys have cahonies made out of a cast iron seal to fly at one of those prop planes through that.
Speaker 6: It's just incredible.
Speaker 4: Well, coming back, I'm gonna tell you about my night when I covered Hurricane Daniel.
Speaker 5: I think it was Daniel, wasn't it? I still have the video. I'm going to try to Florida. Yeah, wait, wait, hurricane was it Dan? Wait?
Speaker 4: Hurricane It was a giant hurricane and I covered it and ended up in jail talk about that, and it's it's an amazing story though how this happened. And wait, I think I want to say, Daniel, but I'll look at the video.
Speaker 5: I'll see if I can even bring it up.
Speaker 4: By the way, we did get video of that parking lot, but Mark I played video the other day, which was fine. I can't seem and photos. This video for some reason doesn't play. I can see it on my computer. But he took pictures of the sign in the parking lot. We'll talk about that coming up as well. Plus, I want your calls three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, or you can call three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six water pros. Remember the best water systems at the lowest price is right now the most unbelievable deal for a reverse osmosis drinking water system combined with a whole house softening system just.
Speaker 5: Thirty one ninety five. Now, even at.
Speaker 4: His ridiculously low prices, that would normally be over five grand, but plumbers would charge over twelve to fifteen grand for this. He's charging thirty one ninety five for both whole house softening for your pipes, your your health, your laundry, for everything, and reverse osmosis drinking water. You will never ever do better than that price. Three oh three eighty six y two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with re Max Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five listen. The attorney for the yacht Club HOA said they she would come on as hear she she she said she would come on Kelly, And I think, did you send that email to Kelly as well?
Speaker 9: No, I'm going to forward it to her right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get her on.
Speaker 4: She wants to talk about the general stuff and how to request financial documents and stuff obviously, I.
Speaker 5: Wonder why she won't address anything to do with this, though, What do you mean to this? Well, she won't talk about the money or anything. No, she won't, but he wants to talk about defaming people on the HOA Is that right?
Speaker 9: That's right. And the second thing that she's willing good.
Speaker 5: I want her to give me a legal lesson.
Speaker 9: And the second thing that she is I'm going to give her a legal lesson too. She's also offering to provide advice on the legal process to request and receive financial and other documents from hroa's.
Speaker 4: That's wonderful, yeah, because that'll help us with the other one club, the lensing.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. So I'm just sending this to Kelly right now.
Speaker 4: All right, does anyone see our special guest over there? I'm going to go to the wide shot and then I'm going to this is this Let me just see there she they see she left?
Speaker 5: Nevermind she left. I was just trying to show that my daughter's cat there was.
Speaker 4: Okay, three O three seven one three A two five five. Let's go to the phones. Jim, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Jim?
Speaker 13: Just a FYI about a month ago or I picked it back about two months ago. Perceived the text on my phone and I opened it up and it looks like an official USPS, you know, United States Post Office. Than that they've got a package of mind sit in someplace in the US that's got like eighteen cents short of postage. I want my credit card information, yeah, which I knew it was a scam because first of all, how did they get my cell phone number? You know, when you send the package, who have certified whatever, you don't list your phone number. This happened the first time about, like I said, about two months ago, so I just ignored it, didn't think much of it. Now I've gotten two more in the last since then, and I just want to make people aware of it, you know, just it looks official. I mean it's got the USPS logo on it when you open it up, and it sounds official. But when you open it up, they ask for your name, address, zip code, all that stuff, and if it's something like posts do they want your credit card number? And I just want to make people aware of that because I think my name or my numbers on their rotation list, because it seems like I've been getting.
Speaker 4: And so they were different packages or was it the same one that they keep circling about.
Speaker 14: The first one that.
Speaker 13: Says it's supposted to And the second one I got was they wanted a correction on a mailing address. There was something wrong with the receiver's address. And yeah, you know, something like that.
Speaker 4: You would be you would be shocked at how many people fall for that stuff.
Speaker 5: Jim. It's amazing to me.
Speaker 4: It's not just the USPS, but they do it with FedEx, they do it with ups, they do it with all kinds of deliveries where they say you have a delivery and here's what it's going to take. And it's amazing and it's amazing how many people fall for it.
Speaker 5: Jim.
Speaker 6: Do you know what the URL was on that where it came from?
Speaker 16: No, Sir, I do not, Okay, because unless it was USPS, dot gov anything else, you immediately know what's a scam.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Doc, I think we went over this before. There are people that have been scammed because I don't trust people to look at the RL and know the route or if it's not the route, because sometimes it can say dot gov cs, it can say all kinds of stuff and be embedded.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: It's just I don't trust people unless they're skilled or familiar with URLs to be able to read it and discern whether it's genuine or not. And I would hate for someone to make a mistake and think, oh, yeah, this is genuine. I would just say, Pierre, don't ever respond the USPS the only time they email you, and I get an email every day with informed delivery because I signed up for it. When you sign up for it, that's a whole different story. You're asking for them to email you on your daily deliveries, and that's a whole different ballgame. Three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five get your calls in. You can also call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six eight eight eight. Heating dot com has a deep clean for forty five bucks.
Speaker 5: That's eight eight eight cleaning dot Com.
Speaker 4: But they also do great replacements at low prices. That's eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax ALIGNE three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino here at three three seven on three talks seven one three two, five to five.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go to Molly. She's been an HOA attorney for many years. How many years she said, eighteen years, eighteen years, and she's the HOA attorney for the yacht club. She's not going to talk about the specific yacht club details, but she will say what members have to do to see financial information. And for those who who have tuned in, there were a few callers from the yacht club, and we've talked to some others off the air who say they suspect there was some shenanigans going on with an eight point four million dollar insurance settlement paid to a contractor overseen by one of the board members, and they went so far as to say they think some of that money was misused. Blah, blah blah or that the quality of repairs was bad and they want to get financial information. So we called her and she said she can't talk about that specifically, but she can talk about what members of the HOA can do to get copies of financials, and she wants to talk.
Speaker 9: About what else general concerns about defamation.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Mollie, and I'm only using your first name because I don't have your last name. I don't mean disrespect Molly if you can, Okay, Okay, go ahead, Molly.
Speaker 18: Hi, I'm Molly Fuley Healey and I've been specializing an HOA lot for eighteen years now.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 18: And what everyone needs to know who's a member of an association is that under the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act, that's the state statute which regulates hoa's in Colorado, the section called Section three seventeen, which specifies the types of records, well actually the sole records of the association that owners have a right to request, and that does include records of receipts and expenditures affecting the operation and the administration of the association. So if owners want to see what checks were written or what financial transfers of money were occurred for the association. They should send a written request in this case to the manager of the association requesting that information and that will be turned over either within ten days of the request or if there's a meeting of the board which is within thirty days of the request for the records, they can also the association can also produce the records at that meeting. So in this particular case I've talked with, I was reached out to by the association and management, and those records are being compiled and will be produced to owners so that they can see and I suspect no, I know it will show that there is no personal gain.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you now.
Speaker 4: Molly, by the way, being an officer of the court and an attorney, of course, if she's not going to put herself on the line to say that unless she believes it, I want to ask you something though, as far as in general with HOA members, this is not the first call we have gotten when HOA members accuse others of kickbacks. In fact, we've gotten dozens of calls over the years, and it always happens when the ha hires someone, they want to know why they hire that person. And why they hire them, and where's this money? And it seems so expensive and all of that. Now, I'm not going to say in every case the homeowners are are nuts. I'm not going to say in every case the ha members were cheating.
Speaker 5: All are the board members.
Speaker 4: But what I do want to say, what I do want to ask, is this, what if they look at that now? Now again, these are people looking at something saying this doesn't look good quality. It doesn't look like we got what we paid for. It doesn't look like it should be eight point four million or whatever or however much it was. What do homeowners do if they're not questioning the actual expenditure, but what they got.
Speaker 5: For the money.
Speaker 18: That's a really good question. And one of the things that I highly recommend to all members of hoa's all owners in HOAS is a ten meetings of the board. Under Colorado law, board meetings aren't open and typically there is an open forum in all of the meetings where owners can make comments and ask for information. And you know, if they have a concern about whether or not they got quality the association had quality construction from one of their contractors, you know they should email the manager not be rate a manager because they didn't do the construction right, but tell them what their issues are and communicate that, and then that is brought to the board, and the board can work with either the vendor, the contractor, or their legal counsel if they believe, you know, the work wasn't done appropriately or was not you know, done in a workmanship like manner, and you know, they can address that through either legal counsel or directly with the vendor, contractor.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: What I see so much that.
Speaker 18: Happens tom is people, and I think we're kind of in an age of conspiracy theories right now.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely, I.
Speaker 18: Have seen this over the last say ten years. I've really seen it escalate instead of jumping to conclusions and you know, and berating management or members of boards. I really recommend going to meetings, providing input and really doing that in a constructive manner. And I also recommend that boards do the same in return to homeowners right And as a result of those types of communications, a lot of these issues can be dealt with really constructively early on, in put to bed without people reacting and appropriately or jumping to conclusions about things. In my experience, most of the time hasn't happened, but you know if they don't have.
Speaker 5: In other words, in other words, to conclusions, put.
Speaker 4: Down the pitchforks and the torches and attend the meetings and see what happens.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you something as.
Speaker 4: An attorney for the HOA, though you are the attorney for the HOA, not just the board.
Speaker 18: I yeah, I you know attorneys who represent homeowners associations, we represent technically the corporate entity. We're not representing individual directors. We are providing advice based on the association specifically.
Speaker 4: In all of your years, you've been around a long time doing HUA law. I want to know just and I don't need to know where or when, but did you ever find something that could have been construed as embezzlement or financial malfeasans where you had to say, listen, this is wrong.
Speaker 18: I haven't seen that with my clients, but I have read news accounts and heard of that happening in just a small handful of associations and years ago, I was one of the advocates for manager licensure in Colorado.
Speaker 4: I believe didn't they didn't they just let that, didn't they just relax that again?
Speaker 18: Exactly what happened was manager licensure, including management company licensure was in effect, and when it's sunseted, the legislature passed the bill to continue the program, and it was probably four or five years ago Governor polus vetoed it.
Speaker 5: Why.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand that because a management it's so important in my opinion, because I mean, I know of a place where I lived where these idiots hired an idiot after they had a wonderful company, and it's because the licensing was suspended.
Speaker 5: I don't understand the thought behind it.
Speaker 18: There are some really phenomenal community association management companies and managers in Colorado, but there are also some that aren't great. And so what manager licensure did was it ensured that all managers, you know, understood the core competencies of what they are required to do with community association managers and have a basic understanding of Colorado law in terms of what their obligations are and what the obligations of the hoas they manage ore. And after manager managed, manager licensure went away. You know, while some management companies still do a phenomenal job of educating and supporting their managers, you know, other management companies can just crop up and you know, it doesn't require anything to become a management company or community association manager, and they just don't do.
Speaker 5: What was the.
Speaker 4: Reason he gave for vedoing this licensure law. I'm just curious. I'm not trying to get political, but what was the reasoning?
Speaker 18: My recollection, Tom is that it was a libertarian approach. That Governor Polis as libertarian, does not believe in regulations. Okay, so that's my understanding, you know, but it's been a few years.
Speaker 8: Well that's funny here and out of Polish doesn't believe in regulation.
Speaker 5: My god, yeah, I know, I know. Learning that, I knew you would say something.
Speaker 4: Mark here, Okay, another question. Then you're gonna you're probably facing a whole new challenge. And that is we get calls all the time from homeowners who are upset that they're getting individual assessments because their insurance companies have backed out of full coverage or have huge deductions or they have to raise the HOA dues.
Speaker 5: And I try to explain to the members the HOA is you.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you don't pay the higher dues, you're going to end up with an assessment anyway.
Speaker 18: So this is the biggest prising crisis facing hoas, not only in Colorado but across the nation. And that's property insurance coverage. And it's particularly an issue with condominium projects in Colorado, right And what we're seeing is it started out as well wildfire types of issues. And then you look at what's happening in Florida. I don't even know how they're insured. They're but what's happening is the premiums for property insurance coverage, particularly in condominium projects, are skyrocketing. In Colorado. We're seeing carriers pulling out of the state of Colorado. We're seeing sky rocketing premiums. We're seeing the only way hoas can afford those premiums is to have higher deductibles on their property insurance coverage. I'm seeing anywhere from twenty five thousand dollars deductibles as a norm up to believe it or not, one hundred thousand dollars deductibles on water related claims. So it's not the association, it's a crisis in the insurance industry. And ha boards are required by law to ensure their communities to the require men stated in their declaration. And so you know they're having to increase assessment, right, they're having to levy special assessments, and a lot of owners who don't understand it or just are looking for somebody to escapegoat our blaming boards and it really they're only trying to purchase their association property coverage.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 18: You can't not cover association. So it's it's a crisis time and that's a phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Now listen, listen, I have to take this break or we're gonna but Molly Healy, I mean Kachina, get her number and mark if you want to talk to her off the air and have her stay.
Speaker 5: That's up to you. I need to take this break. We'll be right back. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino here.
Speaker 4: I want to go right to the phones now and take this board member at the yacht club where all of these these suspicions and problems are going on.
Speaker 5: Nick, I'll bring you up. Are you Are you on the board? Ah?
Speaker 15: Don yeah, I'm not the vice president of the board right now.
Speaker 5: And are you the one who also sees some red flags?
Speaker 15: Well, I don't really know what I see, honestly, and I think this serdance right now is kind of a perfect example. I'm not familiar with the lawyer that called into your show.
Speaker 4: She wait, she said, she she said, she advised the board, and you're on the board exactly.
Speaker 15: I thought that was a very interesting, our interesting statement, because I've never heard of this person or had any conversation with them. And I asked this morning from our property manager if I could please talk to our representation, and I got nothing and heard about this.
Speaker 5: Oh hmm, that's strange.
Speaker 4: By the way, she seemed pretty reasonable as far as getting the financial information.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 15: In fact, I really appreciated her points in terms of how to go about this. I've been asking through you know, the the property manager indirectly to my board colleagues for answers to the questions that are outlied in the.
Speaker 4: Exact And I think if you follow those you can even see the ach payments that were made to the construction company. But then what happened after it got there. See that's something even the.
Speaker 5: Attorney would never know as far as personal gain. So we have more coming up. If you want to stick around, you can go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: RTH News Need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Cam is gonna help?
Speaker 3: Come man, This he is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hello Tom.
Speaker 4: Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three, talk seven one three, eight, two five five. We are here solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, as we've done for nearly fifty years. And we have deputies that help us too, retired, very when they're not all retired. Actually Deputy D's not retired, but what I mean by retired is very active retired smart people, doctors, accountants, business people, entrepreneurs. So welcome, and Deputy BO, speaking of our deputies, he has a follow up, Deputy Bo, what's going.
Speaker 9: On with you?
Speaker 7: This case was back in August fourteenth. Our name's Rihanna. She's co owner of the Copper Connection. If you remember that she returned I.
Speaker 4: Turned some stuff and was going to get credit and she got partial credit only.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was twelve thousand dollars I think it was thirteen thousand dollars and they gave her three thousand immediately and she was still owed ten thousand dollars in credit.
Speaker 5: And whatever, what did they say they were going to do about that? So they were at fault.
Speaker 7: They did not get a receipt, and apparently the manager that they were friends with this at this City Electrical Supply abruptly left like the next day or two days after they returned it. So the City Electric supplycense they didn't have proof of the return. They hired a collection attorney and they sued the Copper Connection for the ten thousand.
Speaker 5: When did she come on the air? August fourteenth?
Speaker 6: I got fourteenth.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate that. Thank you, I got it. Yep, okay, huh.
Speaker 6: So I think we got a pretty good ending here.
Speaker 7: I kept calling a manager of the of City Electric Supply, and actually have a cousin that works at one of the branches. So I kept calling and calling and asking if there'd be some sort of resolution to this. So Rihanna called me a few weeks ago and said they wanted to go to a mediation. So they went to a mediation, and the City Electric Supply said, we're sick and tired of the Martino Show leaving us messages, so we want to try to work something out. So they did get a settlement on the credit. They had to sign an NDA. I don't know what it was, but I assume it was probably half, So they got half of this ten probably sixty percent of the ten thousand dollars, but better. The City Electric Supply called off the lawsuit, So they squashed the lawsuit and they got a partial credit.
Speaker 4: You think, who do you think was that fault here? Because you were in the biz and of supply and contractor and all that. But you know, the electrical contractor really did not have any proof.
Speaker 7: The the the contractor of the copper connection did not get a receipt for the return. So if I was the owner of City Electric Supply, I think I would have balked at at giving them credit because they didn't have proof of the return. But on the other side of the coin, the manager of this particular store abruptly left.
Speaker 6: For some reason, so there might have been something going on. Maybe you took avery.
Speaker 5: Did you believe Rihanna and her story though you believed the copper.
Speaker 6: I believe she was sincere. I believe that she did return.
Speaker 4: To all Camp product, all right. I mean, I'm glad they were able to work it out.
Speaker 7: It's been a long haul, but they came to a settlement. She they called off the lawsuit, and she did get.
Speaker 6: Partial credit, which I believe is probably half. So that was I think a good It is a good outcome.
Speaker 7: And she said, if it wasn't for the Martino Show, calling in that their company would have.
Speaker 4: Been You know, this is a This is a good thing because I get to use my dinger and you know what they say, if you don't use it, you lose this.
Speaker 5: That's really good. Okay, Now, Deputy Doc has a follow up. Deputy Doc.
Speaker 6: I spoke to Tracy, whose son was having problems up in Boulder.
Speaker 5: Now let's talk about this.
Speaker 4: This is where she said her son was having a psychotic episode. He suffers from schizophrenia, and they wouldn't do any He's thirty three years old, he's not paying his rent, he's not taking his meds, he's having episodes.
Speaker 5: He won't even acknowledge her.
Speaker 4: So they were having trouble and they wanted to get him admitted against his will, and they couldn't get any one to do it right.
Speaker 16: Well, I spoke to Tracy, and apparently he's living alone. He's managing to survive in his apartment. He has a job which he's going to faithfully. And so she's she gave me she was going to call me back and give me the number of who she spoke to at the bowl of the Crisis Center, which I'm waiting for.
Speaker 6: She hasn't given me that yet.
Speaker 16: But my feeling is, Tom, here's a guy who's living on his own, has it, who's working and has.
Speaker 5: No problems at work, but he's not paying his bills.
Speaker 6: But is that enough to know?
Speaker 5: It's not?
Speaker 6: That's now, it's not that's my problem. I don't think the crisis center is going to intervene on They don't.
Speaker 5: They don't see a crisis exactly.
Speaker 6: So I will talk to him when she because the number he.
Speaker 5: Said, he wasn't groomed and he was acting weird. He wouldn't acknowledge his own mom. He's not paying his bills.
Speaker 6: Every day, so how can that be?
Speaker 5: He really is going to work day?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what she says.
Speaker 5: Do you know what kind of work he does?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a dishwasher had Whole Foods.
Speaker 5: Well you didn't have to give the name, but okay, Oh anyway.
Speaker 16: All right, he said, So I will let you know if the crisis center has anything to say, but I doubt it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: And also.
Speaker 16: I think we're going to get a great resolution on the lady that had the speed Queen washer.
Speaker 5: Oh that one was outrageous. I want to talk about that while you're on Okay, let's talk.
Speaker 4: So the original call was she bought a Speed Queen, but she bought it from a fat factory appliance outlet, and Mark, you were gone that day because I wanted to talk to you about that, because you were the one that read all of their terms and conditions, and from what we could see, the one we looked at said they get full factory warranties.
Speaker 8: So I didn't understand. They might sell stuff that is full factory warranty.
Speaker 5: Okay, but then they also sell stuff that doesn't. They definitely sell.
Speaker 8: I don't want to call him second against, but you know, things that do not cover do not have the manufacturer's warranty, okay.
Speaker 5: So it was a Speed Queen and she got it, could not get anyone to service it. So where do we stand with that? Doc?
Speaker 16: Well, I spoke to our last night and Speed Queen is going to give her a new washer.
Speaker 5: Wonderful man. That's great.
Speaker 16: There was one hundred and eighty dollars charge for shipping, which they are also going to refund.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 16: So we were able to get in touch with Speed Queen. We spoke to somebody at who was able to effect this change, and they're supposed to set up a delivery date today for about the good news on there. Yes, and that love you know was a twelve hundred dollars washer.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, that's really good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it when, as somebody once said, when a plan comes together, that was the a team right. That was a terrible show, but anyway three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: By the way, Compass.
Speaker 4: Insurance Group for free insurance checkups. Make sure you're not paying too much. Make sure you have a good deal, make sure you have the right coverage. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi you know here three all three seven one three Talks seven one three, eight.
Speaker 5: Two five five. All right.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, we called the law firm representing Club Valencia and they declined to comment or to talk about it in any way. I'm still trying to get the name of the what do I want to say, the the the public adjuster as.
Speaker 5: Well, that would be that would help a lot.
Speaker 8: He's probably under a gag order as well, you think so, yeah, probably from the attorneys, I would assume, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh oh, I see, possibly that could be anyway. Uh, we've handled some pretty big cases. Get your calls in three all three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five.
Speaker 5: We do have some consumer news to cover.
Speaker 4: But everyone everyone's it seems to be talking about the coming hurricane.
Speaker 5: Now I don't. People will say, how can that affect us here?
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to and I'll tell you why. Insurance companies when they lose money. Of course they try not to, but it's going to be aggregated all over the place.
Speaker 5: It will absolutely happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, somebody texted me and by the way, you can text me here's the private text. Oh it's not private anymore? Is it on my Google account? Which comes right to my cell phone. You can text me seven four seven nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: You can text me right there. Or the short code for iHeart is five seven seven three nine. And I do have a text and it has to do. It's very I like it. Tom. What do you think of some of these hacks?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 5: Do you like the word hacks? Do you think it's overused? Hacks? I don't know what he's referring to. Well, he found out. He didn't think it would work, but he did it.
Speaker 4: He took salt and put a bunch of salt in his drain that was clogged, and it sat for four hours and cleared it out.
Speaker 5: Now, why in the hell would anybody do that?
Speaker 4: Why they saw they saw it online and they thought, you know what, Now, maybe that would even be more expensive, wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: He actually put in how much? I don't see.
Speaker 4: Oh, he put in a half a cup and some baking soda and it cleared his drain.
Speaker 5: Now there is another one that he said. He said, so that got me to looking online or hacks, and it's become a hobby.
Speaker 20: I think that would be very bad for salt, salt and breaking and baking soda might produce some comradoxide guess, which would obviously expand and maybe unclog.
Speaker 6: A small clog in the drain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it can very create a big clog.
Speaker 8: It might create issues too, you mean like health issues, Mark, No, not health issues like if you have septic maybe, or I mean, I can't imagine dumping a bunch of salt down my sink.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make any.
Speaker 16: So I don't think half of half a cup of salts in a baking soda is not going to do any harm.
Speaker 6: But like I said, I think it may.
Speaker 16: Produce some uh comerat dioxide which could clear a small clog in the drain.
Speaker 4: So anyway, he said, it got to be a hobby with him and he would like to be by deputy for hacks. But that ain't gonna happen. But here's another one you want to hear one. Here's on it's the use of vasilis.
Speaker 5: I can't even say it with a straight face. It's not what you think, you dirty minded morons on YouTube. It's a sixty second trick to rebuild your teeth and gums. What it says that there is uh.
Speaker 4: He found beneficial bacteria and the power to rejuvenate your gums, potentially making them more resilient and stronger.
Speaker 5: I have no idea what he's talking about, but it's.
Speaker 4: It has to do with putting vaciline on your gums and teeth and what the hey yeah mean, look at it. They said they're gonna they said they want I'm gonna play this thing.
Speaker 5: Hold on, where is it? Hold on? Did that? Did that work for you? When you try to drag us you can hear it?
Speaker 19: Hold on, Hello, my name is doctor Drew Sudden, and I want to show you something that few people get the chance to see. This as a pair of twenty five hundred year old teeth from one of our ancestors.
Speaker 5: It looks like this.
Speaker 19: How are you gonna sell me being very deep in the mud for centuries and accidentally excavated.
Speaker 5: Come on to the point, you know what. That's the problem with some of these marketing videos. You click them and you want to hear, and they go on and on and on and on and all you want and it's okay, this guy tricked me, so now they're going to want to sell minute commercial.
Speaker 4: It's probab it's way longer than two minutes, by the looks of it. I just want to get around to how you use the vasoline. And here's another one toenail fungus. How to get it, how to get rid of it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: Now toenail? Do you ever have toenail fungus? No? I haven't.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but here's what you do. Use you put lemons on your toes and wrap them lemon slices on your toes. Yeah, instead of going to the doctor. Now here's another one, a clock a clockwise massage of your lower belly in order to loosen up your bells. Well, that makes sense, and this actually shows you how to do it.
Speaker 16: That with the case, every dog in existence would have diarrhea because everybody rubs the belly of.
Speaker 6: Their pet dogs.
Speaker 5: Not like they're showing here. This is a real massage.
Speaker 4: But anyway, there are some pretty crazy so called hacks, and frankly I don't like a lot of them.
Speaker 5: So far, I haven't heard one.
Speaker 16: By the way, I just looked up the formula for baking soda and there's chlorine in it and hydrogen, so essentially, if you combine that, you could put use carbon dioxide plus hydrochloric acid, which could loosen up a drain.
Speaker 5: Okay, then what about mustard on sore joints.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, I don't know. I don't think that'll work anyway. Three all three seven, one, three eight two five five. Sorry, Anita, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Hi? Anita?
Speaker 10: So I've been a member with the Welsfago Bank at a wrapper Hole crossing for the past thirty five years with my husband. We both had doctors. My parents died abroad and they had lots of acids and various banks around the world. It's a blessing that I'm getting the moneys to America, you know, because it helps our banks here.
Speaker 5: How much money, Anita, are we How much money are we talking about?
Speaker 10: I can I'll tell you a lot. But the bottom line is I've been with this bank. I went to get a poa paperwork done, just one page with English on one side and a foreign language on the other side, because my parents died abroad. So this that's what Fargo Bank had me and my husband at age seventy eight waiting there for two hours. So we went to see the banker and he was like, well, we can't do it. We need a foreign translator.
Speaker 5: No, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: If you were trying, what were you trying to do? Deposit money or transfer it from Europe?
Speaker 10: Very simple? Power of attorney. Just needed to notarize. I just needed that notorization takes two minutes.
Speaker 5: That's all you needed. Wait from wait?
Speaker 4: Wait what did you need notarize? The power of attorney? Yes see, but it was the power of attorney from your parents to you. Yes, they have to they would have to witness the signature in order to do.
Speaker 5: You have to be there. Yeah they your parents.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: So my parents are dead. So I'm sorry. My parents are dead. So it's a power of attorney paperwork.
Speaker 5: And uh what what is the power of attorney? For God's sake, what is it? Mark? She said, is to move their money into banks. Here you have from who to who? It's from her parents what her parents are dead.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 5: It's a process.
Speaker 10: What happens is it's step by step, Alex. I'll make it really speed and short. The first thing you have to do is get a notary off the power of attorney paperwork that I have. It's nobody's business. It's mine and they all they have to do is notarize it. The next step of but.
Speaker 5: This is Anita. I don't mean to keep interrupting you, but this is very important.
Speaker 4: When you see notarize it, do they need to notarize your signature on it or your parents?
Speaker 10: My my signature on it and the bankers.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's okay. In other words, they're notarizing that you are signing it.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, they're not notarizing your parents' signature.
Speaker 10: No, no, they're dead.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, I got you. Now, keep going, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Okay. So the step is you get the notorization. Then the next step I have to do is to go to the State Department in Colorado, which I did, and then the other step after that is you've got to send it to the State Department in Washington, DC. And I'm happy for these procedures. You have to do it because you don't want drug money coming into America. So I phoned us. So the main step for me to get all of this done is all I have to do is just get the notorization from the bells Fago at a wrapp over crossing.
Speaker 5: Well, you can get it, well, you can get a notary from anybody. We can get you a notary if all If all they're notarizing is your signature. You just have to show ID a sample of your signature and sign it in front of the notary.
Speaker 10: H That's exactly what I did. I was to do at the bank. They refuse me. The people refuse me.
Speaker 5: So I just, like Tom said, then go to a different bank.
Speaker 10: That's what I had to drive all the way to the downtown of Wells Fago Bank. They notuorize it in a minute. The same thing happened to me with the same bank. I then had to drive to the Wells Fago Bank at shady Cheat and Alita can.
Speaker 8: I can I ask you something? Why why do you just keep going to Wells Fargo. You can virtually go to almost any bank's going to have a notary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but my you can pay ten bucks in a note, but her money, her money is in Wells Fargo.
Speaker 6: Well, just transfer to a different bank, open up a new account.
Speaker 5: And Nita, if you don't like the way you were treated, I don't blame you. I would move. I would just go to another bank.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just move.
Speaker 10: I just want to tell you I did contact the district manager, Carmine d Memory at seven one eight sixty six, nine zero six. He told me go to another belt Fago bank.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 10: But the thing is, the bottom line is this my husband.
Speaker 13: I am old.
Speaker 10: We've been with this bank for thirty five years. It's close to our house. My thing is I contacted the NWACP.
Speaker 8: What are you trying to say that they're prejudiced against you? I mean, let's just cut to the chase here.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh why why?
Speaker 10: Because I have Callity is my last name. They think I'm Arab when I'm East Indian. I mean also, I did do a complaint. I had got a reference number.
Speaker 4: No, Anita, I understand you said you're seventy eight years old. You and your husband are retired doctors. Listen, Anita, I understand that you're upset. I probably would be too. I don't if you felt they were you felt it was because of your color and your name? Yes, really, but the Downtown office. Why would the Downtown office because they.
Speaker 8: Weren't that way she's saying. She's saying the branch that she has dealt with is that way. The other branches aren't.
Speaker 10: Exactly.
Speaker 5: If you what would you like us to do. Let's put it that way. What do you think we should do?
Speaker 10: I just called, I have contacted the NWACP, and I also contacted States represented.
Speaker 5: You're doing all the right things. Yeah, you are doing the right thing.
Speaker 10: But if you want other people cheated this way? And then I also want to Yeah.
Speaker 16: You've been with them for thirty five years, right, yes, in all those thirty five years, have they ever shown any indication of prejudice against you and all your dealings in all those years?
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 10: Oh, they've been really good. That's why I stayed with them.
Speaker 5: Is it a new guy? It could be just somebody there that was It's just a jerk.
Speaker 10: It's five years. It's five years, sir. It's been five years, you know, and they should be happy because you know.
Speaker 4: But anyway, by the way, Anita, Anita, what kind of medicine did you practice?
Speaker 10: My husband's a surgical pathologist and I ran the business along with him. I have a PhD from du got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, Anita, I would hang on. I got to take this break, and we'd love to help you, but I'm not sure what you want us to do. Doc talked her off the air and see what we can do for them. Three oh three seven one three a two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know, I guess if you not, if you're not a person of color, you may not ever have that feeling or know what it's like when you feel someone is discriminating against you because of your color.
Speaker 5: I don't know one thing I do know, and I hear this a lot.
Speaker 4: There's no two ways about it, So Anita said, I went and tried to get something notarized. I was given a hard time. I think it's because of my color, my race, my last name. And here's the deal. As I said, there's no way for me to put a handle on that if it's never happened to me, or if I'm not a person of color at the But one thing I do know, through my many years of getting calls like this, almost all people.
Speaker 5: Who are white don't believe it totally.
Speaker 4: They somehow think, oh, they're exaggerating, or they must be not all white people, but the majority of white people think, oh, come on, really, come on, really, it really is taken with a grain of salt. I really have noticed that now, you know, we think to ourselves. Even when she was talking, I was thinking, are there really people today?
Speaker 5: Now? Honest to God, I'm thinking this.
Speaker 4: Are there really people today who will look at someone who's black or is she said a dark and or with an Arab name, or with even an African name or something? Are there people who would treat them poorly because of it? Of course, Well there are extremes, but look at most of.
Speaker 8: Our college campuses right now and how they talk about and treat Jewish people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is happening.
Speaker 16: But like I said, Tom, she was there for thirty five years and never was discriminated against, Never in thirty five years, so it could have been just one idiot. But it certainly isn't a Wells Fargo policy as well, not what we know it's not.
Speaker 6: But you've been at that bank for thirty five years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see, oh god, these people love to drop the race card.
Speaker 4: See I'm so sick of it. That was a comment on YouTube. That is what I hear a lot of. I hear that a lot that the race card. But as I said, if we without being of color or black or whatever, I can't I can't say.
Speaker 5: I mean, I really can't say that.
Speaker 4: There might be a real feeling there that that comes from something that they sense that I could never sense.
Speaker 5: That is that that is a possibility. So anyway, the bottom line is.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 5: We can't just say they're all playing the race card.
Speaker 12: What.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: What would it be to her benefit to call and to complain about Wells Fargo saying, you know, I feel like I was discriminated against her. I'm given a hard time. I know that feeling of being of being not treated properly. And I'm not saying because of race or anything, but that is a terrible feeling. And I guess there's nowhere else to go. So you know, they come to this They come to this show and want to just air it.
Speaker 5: That's fine. Like the guy in the King Super's grocery store.
Speaker 4: Okay, now that guy that was okay, that was probably a little exaggeration. Mark's talking about a guy that went to buy cigarettes at King Soupers. The woman wouldn't help him and supposedly told them to get Leonard to help him, who was a black man, And he said, because I'm racist. That's what the clerk supposedly said. And I think that was probably done out of exaggeration.
Speaker 8: And apparently everybody heard him, and then he was running around the store while on the phone with us, and I am sure that all these people that heard him, hey, can you please tell Tom that what you heard the other day? And every one of them said, but see, we have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: But that's the problem, by the way, with with racial complaints, sexual harassment complaints, or domestic violence complaints or complaints like that, when you get a few phonies here and there that make those complaints, it makes it really difficult for the real victims.
Speaker 5: I mean, it really can make.
Speaker 4: It difficult because you tend to see somebody like that black man who exaggerated about king soupers, and I think he did. He couldn't get one person to corroborate a story, not one who the big one is, who was.
Speaker 8: The big actor Jesse or no it's not Jesse. It's like, yes, he smoll it or something Justice Jose. Yeah, he said a bunch of white guys jumped them and beat them up in the subway, and he made the whole thing up with the subway sandwich made it through the beating with a maga hat, right, Yeah, with a maga hat.
Speaker 5: They the one guy had a maga hat. And it all turned out to be a lie that it.
Speaker 8: Was funny because the people forwards, yeah, pointing out that his subway sandwich was unharmed in the beat.
Speaker 5: It was totally unharmed. I mean, it was like crazy. The lettuce wasn't even no one questioned him.
Speaker 8: You know, everybody in New York, at least as far as the left wing media, was pretty much like, oh my god, those mega can you.
Speaker 5: Only though that guy ruined his entire career over that.
Speaker 17: Well, don't forget the news, the fake news that was wrapped around his neck.
Speaker 9: That's the guy.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right. Yeah, that was just Mullet's Chicago.
Speaker 9: It was small, and I think he went to jail for that.
Speaker 8: From all they kept kicking it the can or something.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, I don't he prosecuted him. Fine, maybe I don't know. Anyway, find out whatever happened to him.
Speaker 8: But example, like you were saying, though of a guy, I mean, it's just so outrageous. Then people look at that and go, oh, everybody must.
Speaker 6: Be doing that.
Speaker 4: That's right, And that's the bad part, you know, that's the bad part. Anyway, We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talks seven to one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: So we have one update on this Justin Garcia case.
Speaker 4: Now we don't know what's gonna happen, but one of the authorities did reach out to us.
Speaker 5: And said they want to discuss it. So that's good news. I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Give the exact authority that did that because we're not sure if they can do anything, but I at least they're listening to us, and that's really important.
Speaker 5: It's great that they reached out. Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: And that's the guy justin Garcia who took I mean, unfortunately sixty two thousand dollars from a woman to do nothing last year. He doesn't have the money and trust as required by law. He is a scumbag. By the way, Let's give out his number and call him and see if we can get ahold of his attorney. Supposedly he has an attorney, but I think he's a lying thief. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 5: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: Ripped of.
Speaker 9: News needed.
Speaker 5: That's so you don't have come running. Just as sass as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Man, what's going on in your life? How can we help you?
Speaker 5: Well, we.
Speaker 4: Are really really happy because behind the scenes we had long We have a lot of stuff going on. I can't talk about all of it right now.
Speaker 5: But I will tell you that a lot of people who were going after are going to come down. I think that in general, here are the cases we're following now.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, we had this situation and we had the attorney on, and I will say the attorney sounded very reasonable to us. Really, she's very straightforward and said, from her knowledge, there's nothing a skance going on, no personal gain.
Speaker 5: No fraud.
Speaker 4: But a few people, more than a few people behind the scenes, have contacted me about the yacht club. That's a community in Thornton condo community where they were recently awarded eight point four million dollars in an inch surance claim after they sued their insurance company. That's good news, by the way, and then as a result of that they had repairs done.
Speaker 5: But they claim that the eight point four million is missing and they don't believe it all went towards the repairs. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 4: The attorney came on to tell us for the ha, here's how you get a copy of all of the.
Speaker 5: The financials and the bills and the invoices.
Speaker 4: We had somebody on the board who was supposedly in charge of that construction project who left and we were told bought a big house.
Speaker 5: Look, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Then another guy that on the on the board says he's looking into it, and he's and they keep throwing up roadblocks. And he was shocked when he heard the attorney on the air today because he said, guess what I've asked us to speak to our council, our corporate counsel, and I could never get a name. So we are hearing different things. But I will say that if something is going on, this attorney. Look, this attorney and most attorneys, I know we joke about attorneys, but they truly aren't going to sacrifice their freedom, their lives, their lives, their careers and all of that to help crooked people. Okay, they really aren't. They're not going to lie openly. And in any case, whatever's going on at the Odd Club is far from over. And the one board member, he says, they're trying to push him out right.
Speaker 5: Now because of his inquiries. Isn't that right, Deputy? I mean, we, Deputy D let me talk to you because you're you really uh you know, you really said that this guy is probing and he did not believe.
Speaker 4: He said he didn't believe the attorney. He said, So Nick, the attorney was honest.
Speaker 9: I think she was. And I encouraged Nick to continue to follow up with the attorney because not only is she responds she needs to be responsive to his requests for documentation, but she's also his board's attorneys.
Speaker 5: So so and I don't think she will knowingly throw up a roadblock or lie about it.
Speaker 9: Oh, I have no doubt she would never do that. Ever, No, she would not do that. So Nick is pursuing that. To answer your question about the efforts to remove him from the board, he was recently elected and the entrenched board members, according to Nick, attempted to remove him for the board because of the discrepancy in his name and the real estate records. Apparently he uses his middle name in one place and no middle name in the other place. But apparently that effort failed. So he's now the vice president of the board. So he's in a good position.
Speaker 4: Okay, Then we have another case we're following, and this is really important, and that's Justin mister Garcia, sixty two thousand dollars. I say he stole it from a woman. It was supposed to be put in trust for the job. She wanted to cancel the job for various reasons. He doesn't he won't do the work, doesn't have the money. He's a crook. Justin Garcia. Justin Garcia is a crook. Okay, there's no other word for it. In my opinion, he's a scumbag. Piece of garbage. And Justin Garcia needs to be exposed and people, you can't do business with this man. And Justin said, he's coming after me, and I invite you to, Justin, I invite you to because I've done enough research on you that I'm convinced in my opinion that you're a crook. Now, Justin Garcia was with Patriot Building. He was with Patriot Remodeling Services. He also has a company called Innate. Innate Architecture, Engineering and Construction. In twenty twenty three, was contracted with this woman. She paid him sixty two grand up front. Right, so we have some movement in that case behind the scenes, right, various various officials.
Speaker 9: Right, law enforcement movement behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Okay, and that man should be arrested. There's no doubt in my mind he should be arrested.
Speaker 6: Can you start his phone number?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me get it. Yeah, we have it.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to give it out.
Speaker 5: Give it, give it out. Yeah, you're you were working the case. Go ahead, So.
Speaker 7: Justin Garcia, scumbag his phone number. I'd like people to call him.
Speaker 5: Yes, tell him, tell me. Here's what you tell him. Because these people in business bo I want to I want to say something. They spend a lot of.
Speaker 4: Time and energy getting people to do reviews online. So I'm saying, you're going to do reviews and let him know exactly what you think of him.
Speaker 5: And I want you to.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to be vulgar or threatening, but I want you to let him know because he shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Get away with it. Justin Garcia. And what's his phone on?
Speaker 7: His phone number is seven to one nine five seven to one oh four three seven. I want to repeat it, seven one nine five seven one oh four three seven.
Speaker 6: He's a thief. He needs to return that sixty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have it, I don't think probably.
Speaker 4: Not speaking of thieves, we have another guy named Josh sand of Aal.
Speaker 5: He's a roofer.
Speaker 4: Who's actually using the name of another roofer and another company and using their contracts to steal money. Josh Sandoval. Do we have a number for.
Speaker 5: Josh, Yes, I'm looking it up because it's good.
Speaker 4: And Sandoval he is basically taking money from people and not doing the roof and using somebody else's contract. You know, only in Colorado do people think they can get away with this stuff? Do you know that in Florida they charge because they charge contractors with fraud.
Speaker 5: And I want to tell you something very interesting.
Speaker 4: If you get felony fraud three times in Florida, it's life imprisonment. So these contractors are pretty damn afraid of doing this. In Colorado, we don't have a lot of punishment for anything. I swear to God, it's such a lawless land. What a piece of crap state. It turned out to be such a beautiful state, but a piece of crap state as soon as we got lopsided.
Speaker 5: Government and all crime was downgraded. All crime.
Speaker 4: You can steal cars, you can drive around without license plates or registrations.
Speaker 5: You can listen. I don't want to get into it. Contractors can lie and steal. Now, there are a few people who will take action, and we're in touch with them.
Speaker 7: Do you have his number, yes, josh Joshua A. Sandoval his phone number seven to zero three two zero eight three eight seven. I called him during the break and invited him to come on the air or to call me direct call give his side of the story. I know he's probably listening, so I'd like for our callers to call him seven to zero three two zero eight three eight. He took six thousand dollars from a lady for a down payment on a roof over a year ago, and it's not going to get done.
Speaker 5: He stole it, Yeah he did.
Speaker 4: He stole the money. Yeah anyway. Frank Duran in the Real Estate Man. What Frank will do for you? If you're thinking about selling your house. He'll tell you what it will sell for based on his thirty years of experience, and he takes all market elements into consideration. It's a complimentary review. You don't have to pay for it. There's no obligation to list with him. He will go over each and every aspect, the neighborhood, the house, and all of that. Three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Duran the Realestateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: So earlier in the show, we had a call from a doctor.
Speaker 4: Or someone claiming to be well. She is a doctor, and she claimed that she was discriminated against at a Wells Fargo because they wouldn't notarize something for her. To make a long story short, that was what it was. She said she felt it was because of her last name, her color, her heritage. So she finally got a taken care of at the main branch of Wells Fargo. But as a result of that discussion, we had a number of people who say that people liked to play the race card. We had other people who say that unless and I was one of them, Unless you're black, you don't really know how it feels, and you don't know that feeling of being discriminated against, so you wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be able to pick up on it. Some people feel it's an excuse and people use it too much.
Speaker 4: Others feel there are some genuine cases and some exaggerations. So I got a text on my private Google phone seven four seven nine eighty. Trust me, Tomas, an African American male. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but when it slaps you in the face, one has no choice.
Speaker 5: But to recognize it. That's what one person told me.
Speaker 4: And then when we were talking about it, the topic of Jesse Smollette came up because I said, false accusations often cast a shadow on genuine problems.
Speaker 5: When it comes to domestic violence, when it comes.
Speaker 4: To sexual assault, harassment, and hate crimes, and Jesse Smollett came up because he had been convicted of staging.
Speaker 5: A hate crime.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize this, but he actually still maintains his innocence. He says it was a real hate crime. Those guys just confess to it to get out of it, and that he truly was.
Speaker 5: Beat up. In all of that.
Speaker 4: He was convicted and sentenced to one hundred and fifty days in jail. He only served six days in jail and was released pending his appeal. Smollet's appeal was denied by the appellate court two to one, and they said he was required.
Speaker 5: To complete his one hundred and fifty day sentence.
Speaker 4: But then in March the Supreme Court announced it would hear the case, and I guess they just did hear it so that we didn't get a decision on it, but they did hear it. And basically he's saying that he's innocent, he was the victim of a hate crime. I didn't realize he was truly maintaining his innocence yet Wikipedia even.
Speaker 5: Calls it a hoax and supposedly he was beat up by two white guys with Maga hats or a Maga hat and it was all because of race. So that's where that stands.
Speaker 4: Because that came up now on some other cases that were working on, it's really important that you know that we're not going to let these go. And I'm going to be updating Sleasbrigade dot com and those will be updated to show the.
Speaker 5: New the new people.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we have a meeting with one law enforcement official who has a consumer protection unit and they say that they are going.
Speaker 5: To look into this. So we also have someone else with the police who are looking into it.
Speaker 4: So we're making progress with Justin Garcia, and you scumbag, Justin, you piece of garbage.
Speaker 5: You're not going to get away with it.
Speaker 4: For those who want to call him, I'd love to know if he's answering his phone. Seven nine five seven one zero four three seven. Here's what I want you to tell him. Don't be vulgar. I heard about you on the Tom Artineau Show. I'm going to spread the word about you. I'm going to spread the word about your company. You are you shouldn't be in business. And then Josh sand of aal now justin Garcia, sixty two grand Josh Sandoval, who is masquerading as a roofer, using someone else's contract and lying to people in stealing money.
Speaker 5: One of the victims we have is six thousand dollars she took Josh sand of all is seven to zero three two zero eighty three eighty seven, seven to zero three two zero eighty three eighty seven. So I'd like you to let them know you heard about them on the show, and then let us know what they tell you. Okay, let us know.
Speaker 4: According to some of these texts, the number is still working, so apparently.
Speaker 5: You can get through, and I'd like to know what they tell you. Okay.
Speaker 4: We have more news coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight, two five five, And we will keep you updated on these cases and any new calls we get. Plus we have consumer news coming up.
Speaker 5: Right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight, two, five to five.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you guys remember the call that? And I'm going to show a video, So if you're anywhere near you two tube or you can tune into the Troubleshooter Network YouTube video later and then mark it for the fourth hour of the show. But here's what happened. He said. He went to a parking lot.
Speaker 4: He went to a restaurant and was billed for parking, and it was a penalty like eighty something bucks, And he says he never knew he had to pay to be there. Now, I've been to by the Way parking lots before for restaurants and stores or plazas where there's a sign up on the telephone pole with a QR code that you scan and pay for parking in that lot.
Speaker 5: I have been to those, and I've seen them before. But he was particularly upset because he said, in this case, the writing was so tiny and so small.
Speaker 4: You couldn't even see it. You couldn't even see it, he said, didn't he say a half inch? I think he said it was a half inch, which is ridiculous, right, And I said, I got to see video of this. So he went out and got video of it, and he sent me the video and I'm gonna play it right now, and basically, I want to make sure you know you guys see it because for those on YouTube, and I'm gonna be by the way streaming on other platforms again, I just how did you get up and running on YouTube when we did our new technology. But anyway, I'm going to right now play it, and I want you to weigh in on it, on what you think about the video and if it's unfair this sign. Okay, Now, if it was me, I'm gonna tell you what I would do. I would definitely I think I would definitely look at that sign. Even though the lettering was small. It was read lettering on a big white sign. The sign wasn't small, just the lettering, so I think I would have really taken the.
Speaker 5: Time to look at it. So I if you so. So, here's what I want you to see first before I start playing it. Well, there it is. I'm gonna I'm gonna see if I can. Yeah, So there's the video right there.
Speaker 4: Now to see the sign that that is pretty small print, but it's a there are two big red signs for QR codes and if you go up, you go up that it is pretty tiny print.
Speaker 5: I'll get you. It's pretty even measured it. He's right, it's a half an inch half an inch writing. He has a ruler right there. So I'm gonna play it again, but I want you to look and tell me what you think of this. Now, while the lettering is small, the sign is big. If that makes sense. So if you pull into a parking lot and you see a big red sign, would you go over and look at it? Now, there is no towing notice that I can see, but I do see this big red sign. But again, if you look at it, the writing is very very small. You'd have to walk right up to it. And that's where you'll see the instructions for parking and it says, you know, you have to pay, scan this code and pay. This is a private lot. Blah blah blah. I think it's a little weird to me. That's what I think.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they have someone patrolling there, but that's the case.
Speaker 4: And again, I'm going to play it again, but i'd like your thoughts on it. I'd like your thoughts on it. Tell me what you're thinking about that sign. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Did you look at it, Dimitri? Did you look at it on the YouTube?
Speaker 9: It's it's not it was, oh there it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Hey, I just want to know.
Speaker 6: Is a parking lot for a specific restaurant.
Speaker 5: Not one, It's a restaurant for a number of businesses in that plaza.
Speaker 16: Well, you know, do they have a verification where you know, you get your ticket stamped or something.
Speaker 5: No, no, then everyone pays.
Speaker 21: I would argue that it should say somewhere on there in relatively large letters that say pay here for this parking lot, or this is how you pay or.
Speaker 5: Oh and by the way, I was wrong when I said there's no towing warnings. They didn't tow. They don't tow. They bill you. So there's a penalty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they mailed them a ticket for eighty two dollars.
Speaker 21: But it's on the massive sign. It's like three signs put together.
Speaker 5: It is a massive sign.
Speaker 4: So I want to ask you, somebody, Dragon, if you drove into that parking lot, and again, I'm gonna play it one more time while we're talking about it, So.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna rack it up. There we go. Now, I would look at that sign if I pulled into a parking lot. I think I will.
Speaker 4: Although the lettering is really small, the QR codes are a pretty good size. And besides, nowadays, I'm kind of used to I don't want to be told. I mean, I really want to be close. But you think, Dragon, would you look at that sign if you pulled into that parking.
Speaker 21: Just somewhere we're a parking lot where you would normally pay in for that area.
Speaker 5: So that's hard to say, because you know, the one I went to.
Speaker 4: The one I went to had a sign just like this, just like it, maybe the same people, And it wasn't this parking lot, but it was behind you know how they have heart parking behind buildings down the alley.
Speaker 5: It was one. It was a big parking lot behind a number of businesses, and that sign.
Speaker 4: Was up there on the telephone pole and it said to park in this lot, you must pay, and then it had that. So I'm really interested in what my YouTube morons think once they've seen this.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 6: I would have to go back to that restaurant again.
Speaker 5: Well well yeah, I mean it look at I think it's weird. It is, but I don't know.
Speaker 9: Well, there's probably a time limit on this sign. And the callers said he was in that restaurant for three hours talking with his friend.
Speaker 21: It should say pay for parking or something along those kind of lines at the top of the sign in relatively large letters. Everything else can be small and dinky. That's no problem, but it's still a massive sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, So that's that. Now back on the Jussy Smollett thing, I got it. I just got a text that saying Tom, you know, you forget that. You know, he's maintaining in his innocence right, saying I didn't make it up, it was a real hate crime. But what this one texture points out is that Tom, he said it was two white guys who beat him up, but there were actually two black guys.
Speaker 5: Who admitted to it something rightyeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two from the guys from Haiti or something. They were dark black guys, and he had said there were two white guys that beat them up. So even if it was a real hate crime, he reported it wrongly. Anyway, he said it was two white guys, one wearing a Maga hat. And if these two guys confess to it, they're two black guys. So I don't understand. So how the hell he can maintain his innocence I have no idea. Now here's another text. Warn your listeners about a fake email appearing to be from Infinity and they say the payment they have has to be updated, and then they give you the link.
Speaker 5: Just beware people of links. If you get an email from any of your vendors anyone, I don't care who it is, anyone, Comcast or Exfinity, right Verizon, Century Link, your power company, anyone.
Speaker 4: Don't click the link in that email. You're not sophisticated enough to know if you're in the right link or not. So what you would do is if someone, for example, let's say you're Chase Bank or someone at Century Link, if they say you owe money, don't.
Speaker 5: Click the link. Go to your online portal, go in and then pay it if you owe it there right or update your payment information. Do not do it from a link in an email, because there is no way to know if it's genuine or not. Three oh three, seven one, three eight, two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven.
Speaker 5: One three talks seven one three eight two five five. So what did my YouTube morons think of all of that? That's what I want to know. What do you think of that sign, Dimitri? What do you think?
Speaker 9: By the way, Well, I think, and I've seen signs like similar to this at places where I shop. They generally specify a maximum free parking period, and usually it's an hour, sometimes two hours. The gentleman who called said that he was in that restaurant for three hours, so I have a feeling that he got a parking ticket mailed to him because he exceeded the free parking period.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what do you think about the size of the sign and the all of that? What do you think about that?
Speaker 9: Well, if I saw a ginormous red sign on a parking lot, I would actually walk over and read what it says, because I don't want to get towed or ticketed.
Speaker 5: And Dragon you said basically the same thing, right.
Speaker 21: Pretty much. I mean it should say you know, parking rules or enforcement rules, or lot fees or something like that. Very large on the top, but it doesn't. It doesn't have to. It's still large enough for you to go huh.
Speaker 4: I wonder what this is This one guy on YouTube or one guy as Mr says, how can anyone in a car be expected to read the signs should have bigger lettering saying this lot does not offer free park You know what, I think that's reasonable.
Speaker 5: Well, I think if this guy goes to court.
Speaker 4: He might have a good he might have a good section. It says the sign does not follow the UH some kind of standard.
Speaker 5: If permitting parking, it must be white with green letter I don't know about that. I mean, I know this for towing, it has to have certain standards. But in any case, I don't think it's a good sign in my opinion, I just don't think it is. And anyway, so we also have hold on something else I wanted to talk about. On a text here.
Speaker 4: People reacted to that Justy Smollett. They said it was definitely fraud. Definitely this guy.
Speaker 5: Made it up. He said they were white guys with MAGA hats. They were black guys. There is no way in hell this guy could have ever claimed that he it was a real crime and he didn't stage it. Even those guys admitted they were paid for it. There's video of them getting the rope, buying the rope and all of that, so they they they're they're calling BS on that. Well, I'm not going to give out my number now because the show's almost over, but I do want to tell you that if you call three oh three Martino, we're not done yet. But if you call three oh three Martino three.
Speaker 4: Oh three, six, two seven, eight, four sixty six, we will definitely, definitely be around to get your call, even if we're not there.
Speaker 5: When you leave the message. And also you can reach out on all of the social media and leave a number and we will get back to you or leave us your problem. You can private message us. By the way. There's one other thing that I saw in the news that I want to bring out. I never thought of this, but apparently printed sales receipts at a store. There are different kinds, but very few of them use regular ink. Now, I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but many of them now use a substance that a thermal paper that uses heat to print characters. And they say if you touch these and then you bite your nails or you touch your skin, it can be absorbed and they are toxic chemicals and they can enter your bloodstream and interfere with your hormones, causing issues with fertility, reproduction, and development. And if you think this is fear mongering, it is not. They have traced this substance to people and have found unusual amounts. Now, obviously you're not going to probably get a problem touching one sales receipt, but apparently people who work around these receipts and they go through them and they're fingering them and thumbing them, you know, and you'll get that substance into your bloodstream and it will have problems health problems. In fact, one doctor said that the dangers of these receipts shows eighty percent of them are harmful to your health. As to the volume of receipts you need to be dangerous, they don't have an actual volume. But Snopes, if you agree with Snopes or not, do the Snopes did a story do grocery store receipts contain chemicals linked to cancer and infertility? And they say it is absolutely true? Avoid them? So how about that? I'm Tom Martino. Don't forget three oh three.
Speaker 4: Martino will be answered twenty four to seven, and we will get back to you. Kachina Calori promises three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. Don't forget to go to the Troubleshooter Network YouTube site. Sign up, find out what you think of those videos.
Speaker 5: Give us feedback. We do read them all. Save all your problems for me