Speaker 1: And we are so very much back and is the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast. It is e c W Living Dangerously, March twelfth.
Speaker 2: To rather you know what? You know what, Honestly, I'd rather die peacefully.
Speaker 1: Okay, if only we could decide these things. Oh, motherfucker O'Neil Center, Danbury, Connecticut, March twelve, two thousand, about five thousand in attendance, and we're here with bells.
Speaker 2: On, yeah, like emergency bells or whatever, Belle bell palsy. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well we'll get there probably if you give some of this roster a few more years. But there was a dark match, Mike, you reprectif you pipull number one?
Speaker 2: What's so? Why were there more than one pit bulls? They were at tag team and they couldn't have their own name. They couldn't No, I mean they had number one Anthony Duranty. They did have their names, but that's pile tile one was the one.
Speaker 1: I forget James Vandenberg involved in the he only appears it's're about to talk about in the opening scene, sort of like your narrator of the pay per.
Speaker 2: View, would you like to hear that bullshit again?
Speaker 1: We're about to get right to it. So just just to point out, Oh, yeah, well, it's sort of strange that he only appears and sort of like this pre taped thing and he had yet. Yeah, why is that you didn't have a name yet.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess that's just the role Paul saw for him.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't, you know, It's it's he's one of those guys where the voice does not match the look.
Speaker 1: Interesting, like he needs to have a satanic.
Speaker 2: Dark and yeah, and foreboding, you know, like they could have even just done Doctor Dreams.
Speaker 1: What's this James Vandenburg?
Speaker 2: Oh Dreams film?
Speaker 1: Was he staying in?
Speaker 2: Ww? Yes? Pretty much.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: He did appear before the people as part of the opening.
Speaker 2: Anytime anytime, Crow, Look, that's that's Sting distracted the referee. I'll tell you guys, that's Sting.
Speaker 1: That's him. Well, let's hear it. Go ahead, this is the opening show, all right, Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 4: For today's sermon, we're going to discuss ECW's seven Deadly sins. At the top of the list, we have greed and the insane luchador, super crazy, a man so selfish he dared to defy the network in his quest for the world television title.
Speaker 1: Next we have.
Speaker 4: Vanity, which brings to mind the impact players executive Jezebel Don Marie. But if ever Vanity were justified. Number three is gluttony. Let's just say big Sally Graziano gives new meaning to the phrase devouring the competition. Number four war is sloth, and that poor lost soul Raven, who's taking this whole slacker business just a tad too seriously, Hey Scottie, it's a gimmick. Next we have wrath. Been there, done that, Please, let's move on. Envy the American Dream. Dusty Rhodes is so jealous of the old school hero Steve Corino's youthfulness that it makes me want to vomit. And finally we come to my favorite sin of all, lust. Francine wants my Raven in the worst kind of way.
Speaker 2: After all, he's no dreamer. Let's just say that it's going to.
Speaker 4: Be one hell of a show, and any company that dares to compete with an ECW pay per view is going to be living dangerously.
Speaker 2: Just keep going.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get a little bit of an evil tackle, But why does he laugh that much? I know what?
Speaker 2: Why Why didn't they you know, I guess, I guess because the show is running short.
Speaker 1: Maybe already what evil plan is he going to hatch? It doesn't even show up.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, also, like, did is that his real voice or was he trying to do a bad imitation of John Ritter?
Speaker 1: I think he is. That's kind of his real voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to say, hey, Scotti, it's a gimmick. I could say the same thing to James vann Burgh.
Speaker 2: Damn, come on, Jesus Fri.
Speaker 1: You don't have a problem with the fingernails or the eyebrows, do you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it was I never it's it's it's yeah. I mean, I don't know what to say about it. I mean he looks like a like a demon. I don't know. Is that way he really goes around? Yeah, yeah, that's what he does.
Speaker 1: I think you can really like gel in the eyebrows for the cameras. I don't think it looks like that all the time. I mean, it's a look. It's a look. It is, I'll give it to He does a lot of the closing of the fingers so you can see the nails, you know, like pinky, then to ring finger.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it's never been my thing. I'm not going to judge somebody on their appearance like that. That's a choice. Your face, your face. You have no choice. And so we go after Oh, exactly exactly, we have no choice. I'm gonna I'm gonna fucking tear your to bits, but you have a choice. I respect it totally. The idea that w C. W. Reed was named after it.
Speaker 1: You know, the sins? Yeah, that's that's from right here.
Speaker 2: I mean he.
Speaker 1: Probably brought that idea over to w CW. Yeah, Dusty Broa, Yeah, to w he didn't mention the most important one though. It's not lust, it's not sloth, it's serendipity.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Is that because we just talked about greed, We just talked about these themes.
Speaker 2: Yes indeed, yes, indeed, I didn't know serendipity was was a sin.
Speaker 1: Well that's news after ten years of this ship.
Speaker 2: That's good, Flint.
Speaker 1: And if you're wondering, as he cackles, guess he does love who's a walking cane and jerk it off?
Speaker 2: I fucking am. I mean, look, I'll tell you what I'll take. I'll take Vandenberg, Hindenburg, whatever the fuck his name is, over over that goofball Fatty ends up in the ring. Piece of ship.
Speaker 1: I'll take James Vandenburg over James Vanderbeek myself. So they dissolve, as you heard there, into the rabid attitude era of male energy. Oh yes, of an ECW building channing Joey Joey from the Niel Center and Danbury and you can even hear one. You can hear like the countdown yep, yep. As they try to get the fans to pop at the right moment but miss the queue. Joey stalls in the ring, missing the queue. That seems to be like an e c W trope. Yeah, pretty much. They missed more than the que sometimes they missed the point. But acclaimed hardcore revolution is in the corner, so they're presenting sponsor e C DUB Chance on order. There is a sign that says McDonald's to serve you faster, please use dollar bills only. Let's make the change. So someone took a McDonald's sign and brought it to the building, which is.
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, I don't okay, like an actual mcdonald' sign. Someone took away Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it was Jill Gertner that brought it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I listen, I'm sure if he didn't, if he didn't do it himself, he endorsed it, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And got interestly on the canvas. You've got one guy's an Atlas security sign in the crowd, which of course was.
Speaker 2: The well known actually Girtner himself, living dangerously with that fucking size.
Speaker 1: Living dangerously. I also notice what Girtner's doctor reported when he came back with the labs. I'm Joey Styles and he's got the flat top and yeah yeah, and there is next to him the quintessential stud moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, here here's his fucking horseship. I mean, it's like it's like I I I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of of like highlighting this piece of ship, but I couldn't not do it because it's so fucking annoying and it makes me so gross.
Speaker 1: But here here's he didn't want to give satisfaction to that piece of shit. But what it came down to one evening with his mom. You better believe I hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I believe that I'm down with that. Whoa whoa sounds like the fucking uh oogie boogieman and uh in a nightmab for Christmas? Well, well, well what have we here?
Speaker 5: It is I the quintessential stun muffin Joel. This girl, I know wanted to see the show live here in Conet ticket, so I told her to bend over and I'd show her where I'd stick it. For forty five minutes she proceeded to.
Speaker 6: Tease and please and lick it.
Speaker 5: But when all was said and done, you know, I made her buy a ticket.
Speaker 4: Kurt, Nor.
Speaker 2: Are you not entertained? I mean it's just like it's so you know, twenty what is it? Yeah, twenty four years later it's just so gross, you know, like not only just him saying no, it's the reaction to it, but the reaction to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it's like, yeah, you made a fucking dick, Yeah, like a real man.
Speaker 2: Like it's like it's so vile, so uh and I mean you know it's it's I'm I'm sure that it's even like triple triple bad for you know, me being a girl, dad and all, but like it's just so gross. It's like I never want to fucking witness that again. Listen, I'm guilty as charge for like probably you know, having a similar reaction at some point at any event or venue or whatever in the late nineties, early two thousands. I'm not saying I'm like holier than now at all. Uh uh. You know I've had my my my choice encounters without a doubt. But you know, maturity, I guess who would have funked that? Well, I'm sure guilty is charged, but this is living dangerously good point. I just want to get you back on the rails. Sorry. You know what, all these ec W shows are all one and the same. To me, they all suck.
Speaker 1: I always thought that w W E c W should have done a show called Innocent is Charged.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I think Vince would have gotten behind that.
Speaker 2: One big fan of that. So innocent until proven guilty of charge.
Speaker 1: I mean there are people, well not w W E c.
Speaker 2: W Innocent until proven guilty of charge?
Speaker 1: Oh man, And I wish the mattitude that it's it's amazing what people wanted to hear.
Speaker 2: What people attitude is? Matt Hardy here, Well, this.
Speaker 1: Guy with the back yard T shirt in the front row, little kids and teenagers amongst the attendees and suddenly didn't excuse me.
Speaker 2: That's the way I thought it was Vicky Guerrero.
Speaker 1: It is not. It is Cyrus, that virus god just a fucking aw. Doesn't have crowd striker. Maybe they do here. It comes.
Speaker 2: I can't with him. He's such a fucking he's such a a like, he's a he's cancer to the eyes.
Speaker 1: I think he has a lanyard on with a living Dangerously logo has crossed out and says TNN in its place, and they chant you suck dick at the man.
Speaker 2: He's one of those people who like if he if he leans, if he kind of like leans his like kind of pushes his head back too far, his chin disappears and his mouth just becomes part of his neck.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, yeahs a category of facial and neck architecture.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I can't stand it. It is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: It's a combination that not everybody is ready to countenance. I understand.
Speaker 2: And honestly, you need to have like they need to create like a pen or something some kind of little or like like a Fort Knox facility where they just store people like that.
Speaker 1: Joel looks scared to see the network man, and he screams, I'm network empty and I'm sorry, don callising im network is funny.
Speaker 2: Like, I'll tell you what, listen, I'll I'll be honest here all right. As much as I fucking hate Don Kallos, I mean he is like a callous on my foot, I he's funny. He's got some funny moments here. Some some they're funny because they're so stupid and annoying. So you know, he's got.
Speaker 1: This like blank up in his face. Sometimes it's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and I think that's a legit thing. I think that's that's he just doesn't understand. He doesn't know where he is at any moment of time.
Speaker 1: It's funny when like he screamed at Joey Styles for trying to get himself over on the broadcast. Yeah yes, I mean, like, why are you even saying that there's one?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's it's for later. But I don't fucking care when he does this, this fucking pop me.
Speaker 1: Right, he's got a vagod fun of the industry terms and everything fucking is this hot tag? Like what the fuck you see? Girtner? That type of lacidious, disgusting behavior is exactly what we the network don't like. He tells Girtner. It's bad enough that we have to put up every week with you on TNN, but of course you'd deliver that all important eighteen to thirty four year old gay male demographics. So we have to have you out here. Chan fuck you, Cyrus, And he says, I suggest you go back to whatever drive through you hit on the way over here. They're like three or four uh and uh oh, I'd.
Speaker 2: Probably you know, no, no, come on, well know they're in Danbury, so Bell he might have gone to Uh, I might have gone to Pepe's Pizza.
Speaker 1: Probably probably Denny's. Least w guys like Denny's. Oh yeah, there was a Denny's near an armory that I used to go to their shows at where you could really see the guys after the show. Wow, it's like walking distance. You could see the bright lights. Beckoning of Denny's and Rhino said in a shoot interview one time that when they kind of you know, when Tommy Dreamer gently suggested that he lose some weight, he says, all right, fine, Instead of four Denny's peanut butter pies a week, I'll have three. Hey, that that could make a difference, and Sarah says, make your way over there and let the greatest color commentator in all of wrestling handle his pay per view. Oh my god, and Girdner come a collaps back, Cyrus. What you don't understand is this is n c W pay per view production. They pop for that. Imagine popping for someone saying this is on pay per view, not television to where we were. It's not, he says, a TNN network production, which means I don't have to watch my mouth quite so much, asshole. So now he's like turning the tables. Cyrus never realized he doesn't have jurisdiction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what what did he I mean, it's a good point, like why is he even there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, why is he oblivious to the fact that he has no power? That's the question?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that I can understand he's oblivious to most things. Is it?
Speaker 1: This is so going to be a Netflix like when raws on Netflix, They're going to make constant reference to wor on Netflix. Pal, I can see set saying it right now.
Speaker 2: I can say suck my asshole.
Speaker 1: You can say, ah you want, but were on Netflix now? Oh, which means I'll say something about your mom or something. Yeah, right, and you have absolutely no jurisdiction tells him. So why don't you get to step in and leave unto them what you try to do on pay per view?
Speaker 2: Oh so poorly? Why don't you get to step in? That's a phrase that's kind of lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't hear that anymore. Do you talk to the hand. You don't hear that one anymore.
Speaker 2: No, no good, I'm glad about that, right, But I kick the step and I always, you know, I always, I always think of of Sean michaels in ninety nine's and get to step in and hit the bricks.
Speaker 7: McMahon in like a cream colored suit, yeah right, yeah right, the cream colored jacket and like a red T shirt and tucked in the black killed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. It's the it's the no mercy look. Actually, you know they have that look that he has in No Mercy. It's that exact look where he's the funniest age. BK is definitely nineteen ninety nine commissioner. Oh, absolutely no question about.
Speaker 1: It, Like what is he even doing here? And at one point they zoom in on Sarrus's lanyard, which is funny, and Joel said, I tried to be network about that. He says, Joel, I try to be network about this. I try to be a gentleman. Let me put this terminology in terminology that you can understand. Get your fat ass out of here, or I'm going to beat your ass right here in pay per view. I don't understand what it was what was so appealing about Joel Gertner. He had those really clever sexual double entendre promos.
Speaker 2: Are they Are they clever?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They were pretty clever. He had a pretty deep reservoir. He would have a new one every single show, and the fans really wanted to hear what one he was gonna lay on in that time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think what he said was clever. Oh maybe this wasn't his best one. Is there a best one? Not that I know of, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Fans are getting rabbit at the prospect of these two mixing it up. Fuck him up, Gartner, they chant, Joey, begging them not to mix it up. Cyrus's get out of here. I'll beat the crap out of that fat bastard. You wanted to go now? And they pop, we'll do it now, and he takes the hanky off his neck, which is great, and then Style suddenly goes from let's not fight to get him Joel Sararen says, listen, Joe, I don't want to fight. He starts backing off with a bitch. He says, Joel, I hate violence. I didn't know you'd get that hot about it. If it means that much to you, you did the pay per view and commentary, I'll just leave. It's like, what do you mean you hate You just told them.
Speaker 2: You're gonna kick his ass, But you both go make my life happier.
Speaker 1: Then Joel does the baby whwey arm shake that he used to do, or like you hold the elbow stiff and just wave the wrists, and then Cyrus super kicks him and mounts him and starts beating him up. They're rolling around on the mat and then Joey Styles basically does a back take on Cyrus like he's rolled around. He takes his back as they roll around like they're training to submit each other.
Speaker 2: You want to know, you want to know how much I cared about this whole thing that happened.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about it?
Speaker 2: On Stan I'm gonna tell you based on my notes here, so I have I have the Cyrus coming down, and then nothing, nothing, nothing, And then I wrote, there's a breakdown of civility between everyone. That's what I fucking wrote. I didn't give a shit.
Speaker 1: That's that's a very succinct submary of what we just saw trying to peel the guys off each other in the crowd pops and then rolling around wrestling and we fight out and we get the ECW logo and.
Speaker 2: Again, you know, you know, nothing like getting fucking h non wrestling entities to be the focus.
Speaker 1: What the deal was there? I mean, I guess you know, Cyrus is going to be kind of a through line through the show, but I don't know, they were kind of I don't know, they were kind of reaching for easy things. I feel like at this point, Yeah, there's a lot of things, a lot of fun put into them.
Speaker 2: This whole thing, I mean, like I said, this whole fucking again, I don't know how this played out on TV. I have no fucking clue, but this seems so phony and forced and so goofy that I was just I just I couldn't stand it. Yeah, it seems it just seemed like like, uh, like little babies whining and you know, like taking it out on on TV where you know, in a weird way. They you know, TNN can't do much without really looking.
Speaker 1: Bad subjecting us all to it. Yeah, right, and it just sucks. So get THECW LOADO from the TNN das where like the wrestling glows and it's like purple and reddish and pink instead of just.
Speaker 2: The old U cool, what are you doing? It's cool, very cool.
Speaker 1: So cool invested in graphic and a graphics Sophomarell.
Speaker 2: That's where their whole marketing budget went to. Perhaps the graphic we.
Speaker 1: Get all the you know who, all the clips of people getting chairs thrown at them and all that. The Sandman's aforementioned returned to TNN is in this highlight reel. It's a really long, kind of dragged out series of clips. To start the show. They show super Crazy Moon salting off a balcony, Dusty cooking on Carino Frenzy and doing a Bronco buster, and White Neglige Raven hung up like a crucifix of your handcuffs in the island getting caned. We even catch a glimpse of Eric Watts, who actually had a cup of coffee and.
Speaker 2: Cock That's hilarious. Yep, I had no clue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was kind of aligned with Steve Creno's group for a very short period of time. We have Kreno putting on Dusty's hat and Spike beating Eric Watts, and they even showed Corino very briefly on stage with Fred Durst Olympus get angle. We mentioned if you want to see a bit of that, and then awesome power bombing everyone through tables and we ended with Joey Styles going it's extreme. And when we come back to the building, Steve Krena was in there with a cowboy had along with his handler Jack.
Speaker 2: Victory Jack Victory jack O. God, you know, I I forget he exists until we do an easy w show and there's that big dufus.
Speaker 1: He's such a fucking He's a funny guy.
Speaker 2: He's such like a a hanger on or type you know. Oh yeah, he's such a such a moron.
Speaker 1: Just wants the party to keep going. Yeah that's how Krino described him. So you know, he's a guy like he'd actually like insist that you get up early. And go sight seeing in the city you were in, instead of just sitting in the hotel till it was time to go to the building. He just wanted to drink it all in Jacko victory.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, hey, that's smart, you know, because he probably knew it was short Yep, it was a short lived.
Speaker 1: That it doesn't long enough to know that this will end.
Speaker 2: Sooner than later. Where's he? Now? What's he doing?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know what he's doing anymore?
Speaker 2: Shouldly not taking another victory? Laugh?
Speaker 1: Say that again? I damn Connecticut, the millions watching at home. I don't about millions.
Speaker 2: Oh here, and I got I think I have this whole, this whole fucking thing of of Kreno.
Speaker 6: They're Bury, Connecticut and millions watching it home on pay per view television. Tonight the old school hero Steve Cornet history.
Speaker 1: After some audio is bleeding into the broadcast.
Speaker 6: For myself tonight, I was, can I see here's a bunch of drunk.
Speaker 2: That's a kind of a hickpop.
Speaker 6: Sexual deviant.
Speaker 2: Douche bags.
Speaker 1: I don't call this drunk sexual gigglings costers o housters.
Speaker 6: God, Oh wait a second, I see the biggest duche bag of them all, lazy gentlemen, the sand Man's wife's many cod boots bag a bust. This is an honor and a privilege to finally see you face to face, Laurie. You know I've heard all the stories. I mean, you are a hardcore icon in the easy w locker room.
Speaker 2: Honey.
Speaker 6: You had more of the wrestlers than Dusty Rhodes has had matches.
Speaker 2: That was kind of I mean, he had the opportunity to say a really funny food joke, and he just he dropped the ball. You know, he should have said something about at least burritos. Yeah, agreed, hadn't happened yet though I know, I know, but still at least say burritos or something like that, some food reference in matches. Who fucking cares? That's stupid, honey.
Speaker 6: Remember Raven No, the guy you left your husband for. No, that was no angle. I haven't a good authority that he was giving it to you in the bathroom. Hey, old bastard, while you shut up. The Sandman's not even your real dad.
Speaker 1: And I got to qu think of you because one thing that I didn't appreciate until I watched The Dark side Sandman episode was basically they coached Tyler Fullington, Sandman's son, who participated in the angle that Steve Crenell was referencing here when he was like eight years old, six, six years old or something five. I think even all they said to him was, look, listen, just make a face in the mirror like you're mad, like someone just I don't know how they phrased it, like someone just took your toy away, you know that pouting like serious friend, and just never ever lose that face. And I'll be damned if that kid didn't look like he was completely possessed in every vignette they put him in with Raven. It was creepy. Such a stroke of genius to tell a kid who you know is not going to be able to take great direction from a stage management standpoint. Yeah, and he puts that face right back on now that he's like basically a teenager and Steve Creno's targetting him. So hats off to Tallis Fallington for yeah, for dialing it in and showing discipline on camera. I mean, I've never seen I don't think you've ever seen a kid be as good. Besides like Domastereo and the Eddie Ray match and O five. I think you've ever seen a kid do as well from an uh you know, holding his role on a Gressling TV show.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Good for him. We'll finish it up here.
Speaker 6: One you haven't put over yet, So why don't you put me over live on paper view?
Speaker 9: You wore.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: That's every The end of every sentence is nonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so whiny.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. He's got the voice for it, man, he really does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tug it. I mean he's good, good, good, good delivery for sure.
Speaker 1: So that's that what he calls her a war yep, because then she gets up in her jeans and slaps him, and he grabs her by the head and drags her over the rail. That's e c W four you grabbing a woman by the hair, of course, and loads her into the ring. She swings at him, but Jack Victory grabs her, and then Rhino gets in the ring too, Quino's buddy. And then Quarea grabs the mic and says, come on, Laurie, you know you want it. Do you think Sandman's got a big one? You haven't seen anything yet, and he starts swelling his hips and he's gonna take his dick out here at living dangerously and then Sandman hits the ring.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. The e c W ring.
Speaker 1: We can't you can't empasize enough. You've got what do we have boss in this era? The WWR ring, yeah, the WCW ring yeah, and the e c W ring.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like fucking She's like a drive by shootings.
Speaker 1: So Sandman hits the ring, we get the rattling, and then he hits Carina from behind. Rhino cuts him off and pile drives Sandman, and then Jack Victory peels Lourie off of his own back and she takes a bump on the canvas. Then Rhino absolutely kills Laurie Fullington with a spear through a table that's bridged up in the corner, and he fucking kills her.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that, uh, I'm glad that that Samon gave so much, really cared about this this angle so much that he well didn't fucking remember anything.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that ECW chant that was always so weird.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like when you chant e c W, like you're taking yourself out of the angle because you're saying like that, yeah right, this is the company just gave us a holy shit moment instead of look what Rhino just did to LORI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right right.
Speaker 1: And it really stood under this one because there's certain fans like I get, like, when a wrestler does a big stunt in the middle of his match, you can chant a ECW because it's like, wow, ECW allowed that wrestler to do that without any qualms. But when it's a heat angle in you chant e c W, it's kind of weird. It's like, no, this was supposed to be more serious than like a table mump in the middle of a of a match, you know.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I don't, I really don't. I've never been a fan. Yeah, I mean it's this is that this is one that all kind of really started when you started recognizing the cump oh yeah, as opposed to, you know, really getting invested in the stories.
Speaker 1: So Sandman covers his wife on the ground as Atlas Security hits the ring try to stop this chaos. Joey Styles doesn't even over're on the year. He's saying, are we on? Are you done striking people? First of all, and Sarrus says, this is beyond the bounds of even what I find entertaining. We show the Sandman emotional, still hovering over his wife. Sarah says, why would she strike a wrestler and immediately starts trying to place the blame on her for what just took place.
Speaker 2: Well, she's a woman, after all.
Speaker 1: Styles comes back with a quit being a heel, and Sarah says, I'm being a realist. We can't have fans with hands on wrestlers. He's a heel. He he provokes fans. That's what that Steve Creno does. And she struck him. Are you trying to say, Joey Styles that she bears no responsibility whatsoever? He's hearing this straight face.
Speaker 2: It's pretty Joey Styles that that this is all fake, calling him a heel, right and making me say he's a heel to get a rise out of the audience.
Speaker 1: Let me read this again. Okay, she struck him. You're trying to say she bears no responsibility. Okay, let me see. Are you trying to say she bears no responsibility whatsoever? Is this Cyrus is a dialogue on this show or is it a transcript of his t NA exit interview? So Laurie's crying and holding her head but moving around, and of course he shouldn't be moving her because she may have snapped her neck and half tossing her all about, right, but it's fake, so it's okay, and carries her away. Finally he yells.
Speaker 2: Out he's doing that. He yells, where's my kids?
Speaker 1: Where's my kids?
Speaker 2: It was fucking Popeye. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: That's every morning he says that he is Popeye.
Speaker 2: Ask, yeah, there's a pop there's a Popeye, uh way about him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's There are also a lot of Popeyes in the locker room. But that's just Dusty's dinner.
Speaker 2: His pre his warm up meal for the pre match.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Laurie, Laurie Fullington, the ultimate Philly wife with her jeans and Doc Martins and tight top and red hair.
Speaker 2: Bless her heart.
Speaker 1: She was like, so she was so into it when it was happening, but looking back on it on that Dark Side episode, oh my god, Like she's like she cringes at what she found herself doing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean it's awful, it's dreadful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was wild because they were when Raven kind of, you know, brainwashed her to come over to his side and took the sun. They had to keep that cafe up in n CW. That wasn't easy because everybody was kind of like smart about where the wrestlers would go after the show, and they'd follow you and everything, and you never knew where you'd find an ECW fan after the show. But they couldn't ride together even though they were a family, so they'd drive like hours of hours miles away to a gas station and hope no fans saw.
Speaker 2: You know, Paul, if you gave a suggestion, I think what you should do is have you know, Raven take Sandman's wife away, you know, and what you should do, because what do you do is extreme HAVM fuck her on TV pure, you know. And then this is what I had to do. You break up the marriage. You can laugh at it because you have power over them that they can't have. I've broken many relationships, yep, and I'm proud of it. I think you should do this. I think missus Sandman should should you know, get a taste of the Raven.
Speaker 1: I think one man should exit light and enter night.
Speaker 2: But look, that's a that's a place.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked that these guys are even like XPW didn't go. It's like as everyone was trying to up the runch in this era, like come on, like paper, no one appreciates how much money porn can make. That a pay per view company right now, Like imagine if like in the middle of that angle, they said, like available exclusively on pay per view, We're going to unveil a tape that Raven has supplied us of him fornicating with Lori Fullington. Honestly, that would so many buys. It's not even funny.
Speaker 2: You know. It always surprised me, especially, Yeah, like you said in this era that we didn't really have more more really extreme nudity and sexual content.
Speaker 1: Yep, because I always especially when I got on pay per view, Yep, exactly what I mean.
Speaker 2: Pay per view is what I mean, Like like why there wasn't more of that on pay per view in any of the companies.
Speaker 1: It's while that WWF show tits on pay per view and ECW never did yep.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So Samman carries her away and yeah, like you said, where my kid's at? He walks her to the back through the brick wall opening, and you know you wonder watching this show because it was supposed to be Sandman versus Rhino on the show in a match in the next round of the television title tournament, which is to conclude this pay per view and crown a new champion. Why they didn't deliver the match? Why they have to do this whole angle? It just reeks of it. There's got to be a story here. We all of a sudden, we're doing this red hot like heat angle with the Steve Carno, who really didn't have as far as I recall, much interaction with the Sandman prior to this, and didn't really have a lot of a reason to be very animated about his wife and to target her. It's like, what are they trying to misdirect here? Why couldn't they write that? So we thought, wow, there's got to be a story here. So we reached out to the Sandman on Cameo, didn't we We did, indeed, and props to Zach who well, as we're as we'll disclosed later, also reached out to the Sandman in our mind God with sort of a different line of inquiry around living Dangerously two thousand. But for now, I invite you all to regale in the total recall of The Sandman on Living Dangerously two thousand.
Speaker 10: Yo, j BA, what up, dude. I would love to give you something like prophetic answer right here. But but back in the day, you got to understand something. A lot of times we didn't even advertise, like who was wrestling who. Paul would just say, these people are going to be on the show on a pay per view, yay, advertise this stuff. But then it might have been a last decision to his part. He decided to go that way, and we all just had so much trust in Paul that I didn't really need to say who.
Speaker 2: What, where, when? Why? How? You know what I mean?
Speaker 10: He just said, this is what we're doing, and that's what we did.
Speaker 2: Pace, go ahead. It's great. I love it. It's a great answer.
Speaker 1: He stayed to the man in the.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you gotta you gotta understand, you know what, Samon, You need to understand that when you do cameos, it's probably better if you have some clothes on. He's in his bed another love. Yeah, yeah, seriously, Like it's he's like, you know, he's like, imagine he's laying in his bed phone, you know, does he have one hand in the back of his head? I couldn't. I don't remember, so yeah, I think he's one answer. He got one hand in the back of his head, the other one holding his phone up, you know, probably arm fully extended, you know, and and just doing this thing. It's like, and I'll tell you what, to be honest with you, I'm gonna guess he doesn't get too many, because I mean, he fucking gave it right back. It was so fast. Fucking RVD turnaround was like took almost a week.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, that's good for a six pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly exactly. He's like, all right, I guess I got dinner paid for.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's tremendous.
Speaker 2: Such a fucking.
Speaker 1: Maybe it wasn't that, you know, we just didn't ask questions and we had faith in PAULI. Maybe it was because Sandman was drunker than ever in two thousand. Non, I'm one to bet on that I remember a fucking thing. Maybe it was this. We turned to Saboo's book for a little glimpse of the Sandman. In two thousand, Florida was becoming one of ECW's better markets, so they were looking for more places to run for this particular event. On June's third, two thousand and Pensacola. Jack Victory was running the promotion side of things. Because he was local. He was hoping the gig would do well enough to secure the venue as a regular part of a big Florida loop. This, of course, would both help the promotion and help make more money down the road. While Jack was taking things very seriously about the show, Sandman was quite the opposite. Before the show having started, Sandman was already tanked. He was three sheets to the wind even before he walked into the place, and when he did, putting a cooler behind him to stay hydrated. Before the event, Paul Haeman got the group together so we could thank Jack for setting everything up. Paul gave his typical pep talk to the locker room, telling them to go all out. Sandman heard go all out, and through his beer goggles he translated that differently. A few minutes later, he took everything out of his pants. That is, oh no, Sandman agan walking around fully buck assed naked backstage, even in areas that were not designated his dressing rooms. Then, to be extra gross, he started dicking around with people's stuff, you know. He tea bagged some of the guy's luggage, and he tried to stir people's drinks with his penis. Can I borrow this? He asked as he took Don Marie's hair brush and combed his gross pubic hair with it.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with this pussy?
Speaker 1: The more time passed, the more blitzed he became. It was even more an unfortunate thing that Sandman was booked in the main event for this evening, because that just let time go on so we could drink even more and get worse and worse. By the last match of the night, Sandman had fortunately found his clothing. The main event was Sandman Dreamer Raven Into Jerry versus Jack Victory, Scotty Anton, Steve Corino and Rhino. Sandman's entrance to the ring was last, probably because they couldn't find him in time to go into earlier, and he finally stepped stepped out past the curtain. He almost took a nose dive. Thank god for the guardrails. Sandman pulled his way up to his feet and pulled his weight down to the ring like a drunken sailor. Before getting into the ring, he went over to the timekeeper and annoyingly hit the ring belt several times. As all the guys in the ring waited for him to make his grand entrance, Sandman just lingered outside, stumbling around in his own drunken world. Wouldn't he wouldn't get in to start trying to kill time and make the excessive drunken It seemed like he was part of the show. Tommy Dreamer grabbed the microphone. After we get done beating up all these guys, tonight, we're going to go out to a bar and watch Sandman get naked. Tommy was just doing what wrestlers do. He was trying to pop the boys in the back, but he had no idea of what the Sandman was going to do next.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Sandman.
Speaker 1: Of course, figured there was no time better than the present to get naked, so he immediately began take off his pants. At ringside, Tommy Dreamer jumped out of the ring. Being an agent for the promotion, he knew public nudity was about the worst thing that one of their guys could do, especially when trying to secure a venue for regular shows. A new haddad quick, so he stuck out his arms and quickly tried to cover the cock and balls.
Speaker 2: The cock and balls, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Throw and Sandman pushed his package hard at Tommy's hands and rushed it over once with his men meat, oh my god, roast out. Tommy got cockshy, and Withdrew. Sandman continued on, strutting his stuff like a proud peacock. He waltzed around the outside of the ring, showing off his shit. Scotty Anton looked and about lost it. Sandman's dick is filthy, he said, covering his face and burying it in the turn Bible, trying.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's like uhlix got maybe like some uh some like animals shit on it or something.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: As soon as Sandman figured out how to stumble up into the ring, he did. Then before anyone was ready, he started nailing everyone in sight with ridiculous cane shots as hard as whatever it was he had been drinking. Now I'd even a minute in and everyone knew sand was in no shape to perform. Despite the war OFVCW fans laughing their asses off, everyone in the ring was lost as to what would happen next. Guys like Dreamer and Raven, who were company loyalists, knew it wasn't going to end well, but had no clue what to do. The Sandman was standing in the middle of the ring wearing nothing but a T shirt with his chicken skin balls hanging out.
Speaker 2: Ah, he sounds like more of a problem than Jake Roberts was or Scott Hall was.
Speaker 1: He was raising his arms so you could get an even better look at his well leathered nutsack.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jesus Christ. Saboo the fucking wordsmith here, who fucking knew?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably more Kenny Cassan over the co author than Saboo. But can you sign off on well leathered Sabo? The shit faced Sandman did not give one shit. He laughed, grabbed the mic from the ring announcer, and decided to give Pensacola a lesson in physiology. You see, this is my big cane, he said, holding up his kendo stick, and this is my little cane. After that, he exposed even more of his penis for all the.
Speaker 2: Criss Was there caane a small person wrestling? Yeah? Was there for a little cane A little Vader?
Speaker 1: I know, but I think there was actually is Raven hit his face? Come on, Raven, Sandman said, you're just miserable because you've been sober for thirty four days straight. Sandman stand in the mic, saying he was about to do what he did backstage, walking around naked messing with people's stuff. So he jumped back out of the ring again and tried wiping his ass with people's signs and whatever he could do to get a cheap pop. The crowd started chating, holy shit, holy shit, Sandman jump back in the ring. At this point, he was acting like he was trying to pull up his underwear but couldn't because he was too drunk, So then he started jumping up in the air, hoping that his pants would follow gravity's course and just go up on their own.
Speaker 2: The fuck.
Speaker 1: At this point, Dreamer and Raven just gave up. They knew that Samon had already killed the town and that ECW would likely not be returning. Tommy decided to play along with the spot to try and end it, maybe fought by following Sandmon around. He was acting like he was trying to help him get his pants up, and never actually catching up with him to do so. Once Dreamer convinced sanda Man to stopp jumping, Sandman bent over to pull up his pants. Then Dreamer stuck out his foot and pushed Sandman over to the matt face first. After that, Jerry jumped in and tried to help pull sand Man's pants up and almost got a greasy dick in the eye for his trouble greasy. Then Sandman rushed over again and actually helped Sandman. I think about what think about what constitutes a greasy dick with chicken skin balls? Like, Oh, it's like there's there's an there's an oily miss about it, right, Like it's slippery, there's a surface slayer, you know what I mean. Yep, yep, something before you touch skin.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yes, it's like a like a like a yeah, like a shiny film on top.
Speaker 1: After Sandman had his pants back on, Raven tried to cover that last train wreckord spot with more comedy. He looked under the ring for anything he could find to improvise off of, and returned with a bull rope. Then he gave the other end to Dreamer, spun it like a jump rope, and Sandman took the lead and jumped in between them Steve Coren, who shook his head and grabbed the mic. Look, Dreamer, you need to get a handle on the raw. The poster boy for AA, he said, Even though there is no reason this match you'ld even go on. Since Sandman is literally about ready to pass out. We should either wrestle a traditional match or just let Rhino go finish the job on Sandman his wife. Sandman had a loss for words, dropped his pants again and mooned Rhino. It's like the fourth time he's dropped his pants. Jack victory by this point was fucked. After this, it became a total shit show. While the rest of the wrestlers went on to try to have the matches planned, Sandman kept throwing tables in the ring. He simulated fallatio on his cane, then wandered to the back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the fuck.
Speaker 1: Finally the map got on in the way bar.
Speaker 2: What a bizarre thing.
Speaker 1: However, it wasn't long for Sandman just returned to ringside with the twelfth pack of Budweiser. After refueling, Sandman came in and caned all the heels again, even harder than before, and then everyone bailed to the outside. Sandman jumped out too, then threw two more tables into the empty ring. He was highly intoxicated and not looking out for the well being of anyone, including himself. At the very end, sand Man somehow managed to climb to the top rope and put Rhino through a table with a swanton bomb. Then Sandman can Rhino over and over again until Dreamer came in the ring with a DDT for Rhino for the pin and finally put that shit show to an end. Backstage, people were pissed. Dreamer was furious at Sandman's dangerous actions and even traded shots with Sandman before it was quickly broken up. But the fuck were you even thinking, Hayman, screamed, Sandman didn't applied. Fawnsie, go get a car right now and have Sandman removed from the building, Paul said. Sandman stormed out of the room. After that, the heels in the tag match grabbed Paul to further complaint about the brutal cane shots. Paul nodded. Then Jack Victory complained even more, highlighting the nudity and drunken behavior that would likely cost them return business in the town. Paul agreed. Paul Haman went and found Sandman in an extremely small restroom, which was described as being as narrow as an airplane shitter. Jack Victory was not too far behind him and visibly hot because he prompt promoted the show and sand Man destroyed his hard work. While Paul was scolding Sandman, Victory reached over him and nailed Sandman with a forearm. This is a fucking shit show, boss.
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It just keeps going. Hayman stood between the two men for a moment, trying to keep the peace the best he could. Because of the small space in the bathroom, Hayman was shoving into the stall and forced to stand on the toilet seat so they could get at each other. That's an amazing sight, Paul standing on the toilet so two guys can beat the shit out of each other.
Speaker 2: It was on.
Speaker 1: Sandman retaliated with a finger gouge, scratching at Jack Victory's eye.
Speaker 2: How does he wait, wait, how does Sabou have a like in eyewitness account of this?
Speaker 1: I prefer not to ask that question.
Speaker 2: Good, good point.
Speaker 1: Isn't he the guy that we couldn't afford to talk to? It Russell cad arrestaur conor remember that you talked to just incredible for fifteen cents, right. Victory grabbed Sandman by the ears, bashed his head into the wall, and then hit him with a series of four quick headbutts. During all the commotions, sal Gratziano, a four and a plus pound giant of a man, ran into the tiny room. He wriggled his large body into the scuffling.
Speaker 2: Sabo, Sabo. I gotta tell you, pal, if you need, if you needed to explain like who Salagratziano is to your audience, then you don't.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be right someone reading this right, there is.
Speaker 2: Nobody, there is nobody outside of the E c W crowd that is reading this fucking book.
Speaker 1: He wriggled his large body into the scuffle and somehow squeezed right between them. The fights over, Gratziano shouted, pushing Jack Victory out of the bathroom. Everyone calmed down. The two walked back to their dressing rooms in silence. Victory's eye was puffy from the gouge and Sandman was actually bleeding from the headbuts he took. But both were said to be all right within minutes after the fight, and typically c W family fashion sources say that Sandman and Victory were already over it. There was no heat and they were already joking together about the fight. How about that one? That's that's that I could buy that now do we know, well, he probably doesn't recall this particular night in two thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was actually wondering too, you know I I you know how I like to add a little, a little something that's a little kind of sure, it's obnoxious. I did say they can do the The actual request was I forgot. I forgot I did this. Maybe this pissed him off and I ruined it for us. I said something about I said, oh, yeah, big fan, even even in even in the even in WWE, you gave like a he gave it a shot of breath air or something like that, a shot of breath air, fresh air, like a whatever, a breath of whatever it was. I don't know what I said, but something about basically like saying that, oh, he was great in WWE during his ECW not at all. Didn't fucking even to the point where I didn't even remember that I did that, you know, Like that's the thing. I don't remember I even asked it till till later. So then we can go up to.
Speaker 1: Joey Styles and Cyrus with the scripts in their hands, trying to figure out what the hell is going on, and of course Corrino back on the mic One wore down one more to go.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm not waiting.
Speaker 1: A later, Dusty roades, I'm the new American dream around here and I'm gonna kick your fat ass if you will. He says that was funny, and Dusty's ECW music comes on and he comes out. The song was by a band called Reckless Fortune, who also did the custom Mike Awesome you c W theme that he used to come out to. Oh some, and I don't know what the rest of it was, and uh yeah, they cut one for Dusty too. He steps out in a T shirt and a hat and jeans and with the knee pads over the jeans.
Speaker 2: You know the look that's so it's so inappropriate. I can't stand the I can't stand knee pads over the jeans. It's it's hot, it's really yeah, it's not okay. It's not okay.
Speaker 1: And he's got a bull rope and the stroll Blakes are going on in the Bricky CW entrance away and Dusty returns to Connecticut where he had his first wrestling match.
Speaker 2: Ever did he really? I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: He went out to Boston and worked for Tony Santos that's why he's a Celtics fan because he came out here early in his life. Dusty gets in and the lunges at Carino takes off the hat and we're underway, as Dusty's introduced as the one and only American dream. It's if you can believe it. After what an hour, almost forty five minutes, the opening contest.
Speaker 2: Been so fucking long.
Speaker 1: Acw Living Dangerously two thousand is Dusty Roads faces Steve Corino in a bull rope match. So Dusty snatches Carino and plants an elbow and Dan gets a big bump referee tying up the wrist so these guys can be attached via the bull rope. The referee, by the way, H C Loake, who they were involving in story lines at the time, excuse me, yes, HC lok koreans that sorry, what's an that's his name?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Quero and Victory had bludgeoned HC Loac in his hometown, so he's hardly lead impartial official here. They mentioned how he had stitches in his head as a result. In Sarrus says, that's what happens when you try to get over in your hometown at the expense of talent. Dear Milwaukee, where h is from. Dusty pulling the rope in his Carena tries to get out of the ring. He grabs Corina's hair and smacks h of the cow bell, sign good seat equals I'm broke m Sarah says, fifteen two pound pieces of steel as the cow bell.
Speaker 2: He also questions he has a question about Dusty's intelligence.
Speaker 3: A genius.
Speaker 1: I missed that one. That's fucking legendary.
Speaker 2: That says it all.
Speaker 1: That's that's a that's a wrestling genius, you know, mm hm oh yeah. Dusty Sarrus says it sounded like a dinner bell ringing when the cow bell sounded. That explains Dusty's urgency.
Speaker 2: Here, damn right. He wants to get this match over with.
Speaker 1: Dusty digs the cow bell and a Krino's forehead, and Sarah speculates that he had sharpened the edge of the cow bell to really cut into Carino. They go up the aisle to the entrance way and Sarah says there's a certain camaraderie between the wrestlers, and sometimes Styles says things and gets heat on himself as a result. And so he's basically trying to pipe down Joey Styles from expressing any personal opinion about who's a good and bad person in ECW and Styles claps back with your count all night. So let the caddy mask between these two continues.
Speaker 2: Yeap.
Speaker 1: Dusty makes his way into the screaming throngs E C dub chance and Dusty hits him again. So they brawl out in the crowd and give you know, all corners of the building a taste to the violence. Preener then drops Dusty his knees and hits the cow bell. And you can tell Dusty is, well, what's he doing boss when he takes the cow bell to the head.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's well, you know he's he's dustydes And so I believe what I saw him do is stand up, point to his forehead and say, look at this sit, I'm gonna fucking cut my head open.
Speaker 1: A A don't want nobody to miss it. If you're gonna do it, you might as well do your best to ensure everyone's looking in your direction. So Dusty, well, yo, he does what it takes to make the people feel like they got their money's worth it.
Speaker 2: Ye that's right, Which is watch an old man bleed.
Speaker 1: It involves a razor blade, boss, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: You know? That's it to me? This is exactly. I mean, I know Dusty would would would juice all the time. I know that that was kind of a thing, and I know his forehead was just a fucking you know, it was a carving board, right. But you know, it just comes up a point we're watching these older men. This is I feel the same way in when we were watching Hogan and Flair and TNA. It's like, what, like why why is this where this is the only way you can make yourself valuable. It's like Terry Funk too, you know Terry Funk Also it falls under this category where it's like the only way you can you can make yourself seem valuable is to completely like destroy your body right and bleed.
Speaker 1: And bleed, yeah, destroy your skin more accurately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean but also with the hard shots and shit, like does see what you doing? A fuck it? I mean, I guess you always had violent matches, but like you're what was he like fifty something sixty.
Speaker 1: Something something like that. Well it's it's ironic because like they get so scared about their physical limitations that they feel like they have to have juice so that people don't feel like it's a shitty match. That was definitely the Hogan flarired thing. You know, there's no reason for juice rather than right or terrified that people are to shit on the match because we can't physically do anything but that the irony is like, those are the kind of things you do to get noticed and get over when you're young. Is bleed buckets and draw people in so you stand out. But once you get over, like no one has ever been in the history of the business. Right, you should have sort of gotten a past to not have to do that shit anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly, Like you should just be able to fucking go out there and have a shitty match and people will love you for it anyway, because it's just it's exciting to see you do what you do. Right.
Speaker 1: They're here to see you play the hits, you know, not like try to fit into the modern business. Like when Flair takes a backdrop on Tacks, it's like, can I get out of here?
Speaker 2: I know I can't. I'm probably gonna do that next week too.
Speaker 1: Sarruhs says that Dusty's elbow has so much calcification. It's like getting hit by a ball peen hammer when he hits you with that thing. I heard him say that Dusty bleeding on the left eye and swinging on Carino out in the crowd. Cyrus talks about the similarities of both as you know communicators at their base Dusty Roads and Steve Corino.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, here, I got that one. I got that one for you. Here. You have to see the parallel charismatic communicators char like that karas metic communicator. Can we write that down?
Speaker 1: A lot of this business is communication.
Speaker 2: Shit charismatic communicators. There's team the charismatic communication beforehand too, there's a uh we get I think you mentioned Jack Victory holding on typed to to Dusty Roads, and Joey Styles puts it a very interesting way, only on a dream like a cheap suit. I mean, I would think cheap suits would rip.
Speaker 1: Right, and they don't hold on to anything right exactly. They get they get destroyed. But I kind of got what he's saying. But uh so, full throated Dusty Chance breaking out here in an ec W building as he dings Corrino a few more times with the cow bell Sarah tells joe it's so gross. He'd like to see him go off script just once and admit when someone else.
Speaker 2: Is right.
Speaker 1: To the rail. I love how he like he doesn't argue Joey's points. He argued, Joey is being disingenuous and trying to get himself over right right, that Joey doesn't believe what he's arguing.
Speaker 2: Which which that is funny.
Speaker 1: To the rail.
Speaker 2: They make it.
Speaker 1: They've made it. Dusty dings and Sacrino spills over the rail, and then Jack Victory Blindside's Dusty and Creno takes over with some shots.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just again as I watch these men, poor hot, it just it just makes me again. I think to myself, here it is Dusty Roads in two thousand. When any debut in the sixties or early seventies in wrestling, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Late sixties, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean we're talking thirty plus years and the he feels the need to sell tickets, to sell more tickets with loose blood.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, he knows what they come to see. When it's a bull row. I'm bringing a bowl row plus Steve Corino.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't need to see it, but he.
Speaker 1: Needs the money and that's the tragedy of it. Mm hmm. Like Dusty Hogan even Flair to some degree, although he's got offholdings, but it's kind of like, you know, when he's like really showing off all his chains, it's like this guy doesn't have money. You know, he doesn't have he doesn't have that much money because he's herring too many flashy clothes.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's why he's doing fucking local uh, you know, used car commercials.
Speaker 1: If these guys, if Hogan Flair and uh Dusty can't retire with dignity, then what chance do any of these.
Speaker 2: Other wrestlers have honestly nothing?
Speaker 1: Back in the ring, Carino stumps the bloodied head of Dusty Roads and chokes him with a rope. Victory slides in a steel chair and they fold it out.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dusty is put down in the seat and yanks down Steve Corino and Steve falls into the chair the cow bell rope. Dusty then gets up, hikes the jeans you wanna talk about Sam right, and trying to find a way to get those those pants up. Yeah, seriously, that's a Titanic struggle for the dream here. I mean we're talking probably like a forty eight inch waist and he still can't get it.
Speaker 2: Over the hump. I think forty eighth being generous.
Speaker 1: Probably, And then he's with no underwear though, so you gotta oh subtract that.
Speaker 2: God, and again just think of like, you know, he's got ass hairs, just just I can't caked with with with ship.
Speaker 1: It's like you know, when like you're ass sweats, so like you start smelling. He's basically like you said, on the toilet and you feel steam before you even ship.
Speaker 2: Oh god, and yeah, oh oh, and it slides off the hairs. Think of that.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck me, think of that. Just he lets a big one go and the water pops right up his asshole. Yeah. I call that one the Houston Oil a Way ship.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he had a muffler in for this one. That's a good one for Steve Corino if he was on Cameo. Did Dusty have a piece of toilet paper stuck in his ass crack for this one? Yeah, a muffler. He's Dusty, we have to know, Oh my god. So yeah, and then Dusty starts scratching the arm of Steve Creno the cow bell. Steve Creno came to Danbury not just too poor hot for the forehead, he came to slice his arm open. Oh fuck me, he's blading the arm. Cyrus says, Karno is a good looking kid. Now we're gonna butcher him up just to make a point. So he's taking this moral high groundstand. Well, hopefully it's a point on the by rate.
Speaker 2: Hopefully around this time Joey styles. All right, it's match one, and Joey Styles has the line of the night.
Speaker 9: If you ask me, I apologize that he pants watching it home, that maybe Squeamer's lot of blood has been lost. Thus more this matchup and here it's only going to get worse. And again you're squeamish. I have no idea why you purtased a Hew Papers. I would throw my apologize.
Speaker 1: That's paul him in the headset.
Speaker 2: What are you saying?
Speaker 1: That's pretty fun?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I fucking love that. I'm just that like the fact that he goes all the way to say I withdraw my apology. That's the fucking money part.
Speaker 1: Like you know, Joey styles his face like I'll like serious, like serious but like you can't be serious and ecw so it's like, yeah, yeah, take a comic book series.
Speaker 2: I I I really, uh, I really appreciate Joey styles. He's uh, he's great. I wish I really wish he'd been able to leave let loose when he was awe commentator because I really enjoyed him, Actually I was. I was really bummed when when they let him go, uh from the raw spot. I thought he was perfect. Yep, he was.
Speaker 1: He had I'm not saying what he delivered was perfect because it had to go through the filters of having people in your ear.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 1: He was the one guy in the business that could actually take over from J Jr. And people wouldn't just think about JR. The whole time, right right, But you know he's able too. He's a little too hard headed, he's a little too like, you know, proud, but in a good way. Yeah, that would turn out to be a bad fit for it for them up there. And he's not even involved anymore, Like you never one hear about the guy. That's how right, that's how disillusion the ww F runt.
Speaker 2: I wonder, I wonder what he what is he doing now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think he makes appearances. I've never heard of him being at like a convention or anything, or on a podcast or anything like that. Yeah, that's true. He ended up doing like dot com. He ended up like transitioning into like more of an office role.
Speaker 2: I remember that, I do remember that happening. Yep.
Speaker 1: So Karino starts throwing, and Dusty drops to a knee, and now Karno's wedging and chair in the corner buckling. But a Dusty dunks krinos on on the head and makes a noise. Dusty flat and Steve Corino with an elbow, and then Dusty's on the offensive. Joey says, no doubt, referring to Dusty's ass crack showing on his Jean's fault created with the automatic.
Speaker 2: My big, my big fat white half baby.
Speaker 1: You here go Steve Creno's smart ass name for his elbow instead of the bionic elbow. Corrino had the automatic elbow several times. Dusty's crown is stupid, brings the dream not even mean what does.
Speaker 2: That even mean?
Speaker 1: It means like I took it to mean, like you automatically throw the elbow because it's like the crutch, Dusty leans.
Speaker 2: On to get through a mat.
Speaker 1: I see all right, Like he automatically throws the elbow. A second cow bell is introduced now by Jack Victory, and Dusty drops Victory and Creeno with some bionics. Victory was trying to throw tape to Steve Carena, we're told, but Dusty now has it.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, like why is he throwing tape?
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: I get you watch tape, but yeah, throwing tape.
Speaker 1: So throw tape at me all the time when my video order used to come in back to.
Speaker 4: So H.
Speaker 1: C Lowe gets his revenge by helping Dusty Rhodes tape the the They tried to tape the cow bell to Steve Kreno's head.
Speaker 2: It was kind of a stupid, awful. It's very stupid.
Speaker 1: It just keeps falling and Creno basically has to hold it on his head and they stand him up and then Dusty.
Speaker 2: I mean think about it, like he's sweaty, he's bloody. There's no way you can tape anything to his head. Yeah, there's always that always blows my mind. And wrestling like no stop doing spots where like there's handcuff keys to unlock or you know, the time always stands still. Someone always fucks it up. It always takes way.
Speaker 1: Longer than you wanted to yep, and then these things like stop like trying to attach like attach some attacks to your sneakers or the last to your elbow pad. It's always so fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: The worst one, the worst one, in my opinion, that that always is cringe worthy to me, is wrestling you at ten Randy Savage trying to fucking tie up r.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It is nauseating how long that is. It's like it's not long, but it just like.
Speaker 1: And they still hanging loose at the end. He still isn't convincingly, he's still fucking He still fucking falls. He falls is on the ground like it's it's pathetic, so stupid. But anyway, the idea is the cow bell is supposed to be taped to Corino's head so that Dusty can smack him in the head with a chair, and that's what he does. Coreno goes down. Dusty throws off the elbow pads to a big pop and gets just a little moment in the sun cooking and dancing before finally dropping the big elbow and then covering Kreno almost like in a three point football stance for the one, the two, and the three, and he celebrates with a curious but kind of also fitting double bird to the e c W crowd does Dusty here?
Speaker 2: I don't understand why he stiput off the crowd. They cheered for it, I know, and they receive it positively. They receive it as he's a He's giving them a shout out instead of insulting them. Yeah, well, I guess it was the era A gets Steve Austin doing that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably what was going through his mind. But in ten minutes and thirteen seconds, Usty Roads defeats Steve Carina when the bull rope match here at ECW Living Dangerously two thousand and it's all uphill from here. Yeah, that's the h an. ECW does the same stuff as he would do in a bunkhouse match and Crockett Days, except he flips people off. So that's the extreme Dusty Road right right, and he walks out of the ring. Joey and Cyrus they promise an update on Lorie Fullington's condition. They say she's in an ambulance on the way of the hospital, and I'm thinking that's not an update.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, that's a good point. Uh fucking don Kallis looks like a nineties lawyer who sexually stalks his own clients.
Speaker 1: I love how first of all, how nineties lawyer is like an insult, like not a lawyer, a nineties lawyer. Well, I mean, like I can see like a like a really you know, like a low end totally know what you mean by the way, you know, yeah, of course, yeah, like you gotta he's got that nineties the long hair look and stuff like it's it's appropriate to be a lawyer and look like this getting like in the nineties teenager's off drunk driving charges in his hometown, right well, then afterwards getting them drunk afterwards to celebrate.
Speaker 2: You know, that's him. And as Joey and Cyrus are always outside if he has a hot client, you know, he's always outside a huge risk, you know, watching them, huge watching them. Oh yeah, oh yeah, Like you.
Speaker 1: Know, he gets a reputation as being the guy that can get you off on drunk driving charges in the in the town. But like they really plugged in people in the city know that. But like when one of the bigger business men in town. His daughter gets in trouble and everyone's recommending Cyrus. The dad knows the scorn. He's like, no, oh, yeah, we're not going with him, honey, Honey, you don't want to go with him.
Speaker 2: He may get he may he may get you off, but you got to get him off first.
Speaker 1: There's a catchy lawyer TV ad for you. We'll get each other off and he whip's that absolutely, you know what I mean. There's some guy that pokes his head out behind a curtain while Joey and Cyrus are doing their stand up up in the announced position. I don't know who that was, but that's funny. And he pokes his head back out. Whoever can id That guy gets a prize from the lapsed Fane and yeah, Sarruhs's.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it.
Speaker 1: It's an unfortunate situation we have here. The Sandman has gone with her to the hospital and they're trailing off and says it's going to be unfortunate. He's not here to have his match with Rhino. What are we supposed to do? So they're acting like, you know, they're booking on the fly here, which they probably were, but they're kind of, you know, they're trying to bring it down to earth with like a somber tone, and like, you know, both are trying to act like this isn't part of the entertainment this evening.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right up the entertainment portion of our show.
Speaker 1: Giving the extraneous circumstances, if not the extreme circumstances were under they say, the Sandman is going to have to forfeit his match with Rhino and the TV title tournament, and the network, we're told, is chosen their champion and successor to RVD, and Rhino will now go into the finals against the winner of Super Crazy and a Little Guido. Later tonight, Joey gets in his face about Rhino going after Lori Fullington and basically starts accusing Cyrus of knowing that Rhino or pardon me, knowing that Steve Corino was going to do this, and that Rhino is going to do what he did to Sandman's wife. All is kind of a elaborate ploy to make sure Rhino gets past Sandman in the tournament and gets to the final because Rhino is the network's chosen successor. As discussed to Rob Man, Damn, this stinks. Joey says, this stinks. He says about six times in a row. And this is cut from Peacock because there's a copyrighted music that overlays the promo, so you'll see them suddenly jump to Stephen DeAngelis, the ring announcer of the ring. But that makes sense why these were all that makes total sense, absolutely, But this is what you missed, if you must know. And we're completests off nothing else here at TLF some words from a Guido ahead of his match, and we hear from Sally Grazziano as well, So prepare yourself to hear a man's voice beyond just you know, wheezing, we're going That was a sticking setup.
Speaker 2: It's what that was. What do you want me to go? Bring?
Speaker 1: You settle in this company?
Speaker 11: And I'm the biggest. They used to take us as a joke jokes. Oh you can, Matt Russell shoot and glucha.
Speaker 2: Libre, you can wrestle.
Speaker 3: Super Prey.
Speaker 2: We beat you before, we'll beat you dead.
Speaker 11: You think you're king of the Mexican death matches, Well, tonight is an Italian death.
Speaker 2: Match, and we'll glue to you and the world. Why he will be the next e.
Speaker 1: C W World Television Champion. Love playing music on their promo videos so annoying. That's what costs them now these years later now the Guido's promo, no one can ever see it again.
Speaker 2: I really, yeah, I mean there's a I know, you've you you support it and all using all this, I really just don't like it. I don't like it at all. Yeah, it really, I mean, I guess it's different in all but there are some things that I don't want to be different in wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yep, and some backstage words from our principles is one of them. It was something at ACW visually distinct, Like you watch their show and they would they would uniquely blend together vignettes and interviews with matches. There wasn't a there sometimes there was, but for the most sometimes Joey would do it. For the most part, their promos weren't you know, Mike Holders, you know. And then some of the bishops started doing and that, like we innovated it.
Speaker 2: You know, Why did they? Why did they? How did they? How are they able to sell videotapes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They just put the audio on there and didn't worry about it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It really is crazy because I mean, Paul said years later, you know, we just we decided to just do it until someone sued us. So they were just small enough to not get suit, but just big enough to have a VHS distribution deal, you know, right, That's why it was always going to only go so far, because well, guy's like NW Jack, Like without the music, it's like this is you don't even get it. You don't even get why this guy is what a thing. And some of the music was so key, like The Sandman's music and Tommy Dreamers music and rvd's music, and it was so key to the presentation, it was so key to what made PCW seem cool that you really we were taking a risk that once you couldn't do that anymore, these guys would really.
Speaker 2: I guess that's part of the thing.
Speaker 1: Like that, as if Steve Austin couldn't come out to glass shattering, you.
Speaker 2: Know, oh, it'd be awful. That's kind of the thing. I guess where I why I oppose you know, real songs as opposed to your own stuff is because you know at some point that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I think, well, we've learned from WW it's going to happen for the purposes of vhs just tribution or a home video distribution because you have to pay for every instance. But like AW pays for it, and it's it's pretty brilliant and anybody they've they've paid for music for it becomes an absolutely essential part of like why people get excited to see them.
Speaker 2: And and if if AW goes out of business, are they do the rights go to the of the owner the rights.
Speaker 1: Because they don't, I mean, they distribute DVD.
Speaker 2: So that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I've never watched an AW DVD, but just as like kind of like a nod to you know, the demographic of their fan base, they still put out DVDs, and I don't know, I wish someone in the Solar system would write to us and let us know that if you buy an AW DVD, if the music is dubbed over, i'd imagine. But but but other than that, they don't have a streaming service. They don't have a place, you know what I mean, right where you watch it more than once, where they're redistributing it. And that's where the royalties start kicking in, where you're making new money off that event.
Speaker 2: Well, you can, you can get it off of can't you get can't you get them off a bleacher? You can?
Speaker 1: You cannot.
Speaker 2: You can order it.
Speaker 1: But but pay per view replays are just like live. It doesn't that. That's not the same thing as repackaging it months later and putting a new discrete product on the shelf with the song that the replays for some reason, like if you order a UFC replay and they play real music, you know, the guys can pick their music.
Speaker 2: For the most part.
Speaker 1: You can always hear the original on a UFC replay. But if you watch it on like their streaming service ninety days after the pay per view, or if they replay the matches on ESPN or whatever TV station they're with, that they cut the music out.
Speaker 2: So what the fuck is the point?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you can't, if you can't have the experience day in and day out, what's the point it gets people over? I mean, if it's the song that gets you over and not what you do in the and the damn thing, then you know, then there's a problem. Good point, there's a problem.
Speaker 1: But I think you w showed us WWF kind of showed us already that no matter how good you are in wrestling, your entrance music is thirty percent of why you mean anything, Like if Cody came to WW about the song, he would not be where he is today. Herd stop Sure sure, Yampunk Lost called the personality thirty percent less meaningful heart stop if the rock didn't have punt dum boom. We have to accept that that's a huge part of the reason that people come to wrestling is to cheer the entrance music, if not to sing along.
Speaker 2: Way, I agree with you, I agree with you, but I guess that's kind of a thing. Like you talk about Steve Austin and the Rock and they've got their own theme music which they can have it played anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, they meant to Jim Johnston, you know, I mean, not everybody can have a Jim Johnston. But they tried ECW like they did have Mike Awesome. They had a song made just for him, like can you hear the song on Peacock because they owed that one. Yeah, and Dusty's music was made by an artist that they commissioned to do it, with the rights transferring over.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But they just started so underground, you know, they started so shoestring budget. They started off so sort of punk that I'm sure never occurred to them. It's like, let's not give this guy a really cool song that everybody knows because in six years we're gonna have a videotape deal, you know, I'm not sure. Yeah, And that's that's the thing about Ball. He never really fucking he never mapped it out to become a national promotion. They became a national promotion because they were doing such wild shit and interesting shit, but he never structured the business to become a national promotion. And that's really where the TNN thing was such an awkward fit, because it was like they were still trying to run the promotion the way they ran it when they, you know, were had a stitch together the network of syndicated television and we're on in the middle of the night, and they were happy with four hundred people buying tickets, you know, because they didn't run buildings that could handlem any more than that anyway, right, right, And when they get to the point where it should be a step change, they really didn't have They didn't really reconstitute the business, in my opinion, to be prepared to start addressing all of the new demands that being a bigger promotion acquired. Yeah, so again the ring and sign guy, remember sign Guy Dudley, Well, now he is Louis Dangerously Boss, so fucking.
Speaker 2: I'm sure his face is past. I fucking can't, I cannot.
Speaker 1: He's there, dresses Polly and the Dangerous aligns days with the hat and the cell phone and the blazer, and he grabs the mic from the ring announcer Bob Bartees. By the way, the original ring announcer and voice of BCW had left ECW the year before, apparently because he couldn't get his flights reimbursed. So Stephen Dangel was style holding the stick. C W Anderson and Danny Doring are in the ring at this point in time, and Louis Dangerously, who was sort of like their ring leader, is gesturing at fans and saying, I think you're in dan I think everyone in dan Berry has to shut up art about now. I've got an important announcement I'd like to make. They start chaining, asshole, and he says, tonight, I can proclaim myself as the hottest entity in professional wrestling today because I am the only one with enough guts to name a pay per view after himself, and I can do that because my name just happens to be and they cut him off. That was before my name is Paul Hayman, but he basically just said it. My name is, yeah, right right, my name just happens to be. And they scream and there's blow horns going off and stuff, and says, if you don't keep your mouth shut, I'll send c. W. Anderson out there to slap you all right in the face. And my name just happens to be. It pauses again and hits them with louis Dangerously and tonight I present to you beautiful Billy Wilds, who is part of the Dangerous Alliance in ECW as well. They enforcer c W Anderson my Dangerous Alliance and c W hits the c W hand sign looking looking like Scott Hudson.
Speaker 2: So fucking true. I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 1: And then Dora's out with Electron Roadkills, so they're not in the Dangerous Alliance that are posing the Dangerous Alliance. I misspoke there, Yeah, road killed the angry almised chicken plucker.
Speaker 2: By oh god, by the they're the new the new dangerous alliance. Thank you, Yes I do.
Speaker 1: I'm straight Hayman. Hayman should know better.
Speaker 2: I agree. You can't call something new, it just sucks.
Speaker 1: What about the New Rockers though, isn't that an exception? You're saying absolutely totally new Rockers are totally different.
Speaker 2: NEWNN, the new Uh, the new Blackjacks, New Coke Money, the new Steve Austin, the new kids on the block. Oh. You know who gets pissed off of the new kids on the block. John Sorrow.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like them, Well, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like them because he doesn't. He can't stand they call themselves new kids on the block. Still, I try to say, I tried to. Yeah, I try to explain. Well, it's just you know, it's their brand, Dad, Yeah, like the Young Bucks.
Speaker 1: They're going to be well, they don't right themselves anymore, but they're gonna be the Young Bucks even though they're forty wow something like that. But they call themselves Matthew Nicholas Jackson now that they're more heels. A fan is ide'ed as a cougar tries to kiss Danny Doring. An electric gets between them, screaming and her tight silver dress she's all pissed off that someone's hitting on dooring, So that's the that's the angle here or the gimmick. She's protective that we hear of the Dana Conda and I think we both know what that is. Ah cock upskirt cam as she steps into the ring, and Cyrus is calling for the upskirt cam despite his earlier protestations about raunch hunt Ynny. The music is dubbed over Danny during used to come out to a song called super bon Bond by a group called Soul Coughing. And if I was going back and researching these songs trying to remember, and it's like it comes right back to you. Man, you hear these songs again, you feel like you're watching ECW at the time. It's like, oh my god, I've had this beat my head my whole life, and I have no fucking idea where it came from. Super crazy song and like I have that like in my head and I have no idea where it comes from. And then I watched this stuff again, I'm like, oh my god, that's probably it. That's probably the genesis of it.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Three or two from.
Speaker 1: Lancaster Pensylvania, the angry Amish warrior. Roadkill stands in the middle rope in the center. You know, he wouldn't stand in the corner. He'd stand in the middle of the ropes to show he was athletic or something like that, looking like jelly roll out there, Oh Dorgan, Roadkill versus beautiful Billy Wiles and C. W.
Speaker 2: Anderson.
Speaker 3: C W.
Speaker 1: Anderson, by the way, did get the blessing of Gene and only Anderson as he broke in in North Carolina based independence and was an early friend of Steve Corinos. Because Steve Carono actually lived in North Carolina for a brief period of time in the beginning of his career, had linked up with C. W. Anderson and helped get him into the company as at ECW as a matter of fact, and Karino for his own right before we move off of him, I mean, we failed to mention. Did you remember that angle in ninety six when Crush came back from prison and he pulled a fan over the front row and beat the shit out of him.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that exactly, but I remember I remember a Crush being that gimmick there, the guy he beat up with Steve Carino.
Speaker 1: No shit, did they hire as an extra to stand in the crowd and act like a mark for the whole two a half hour taping, screaming at all the heels, hearing all the baby faces, so that when Chrush came out, they think he was a real fan and he'd snatch him over the rail.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, all right, Good good for him, I guess.
Speaker 1: And he spent time in the you know, like the Funk and dojo and Dory Funk and Tom Pritchard set up a training camp with WWF and a warehouse in Connecticut, and that's where Kurt was trained, and Edge came in and went through there, and we know that whole circuit. A. Rocky got his early workouts there as well, and Karino got brought up there aslong, with Christopher Daniels and Devin Storm and some others because they were starting to recruit for their ill fated light heavyweight division, which we remember them introducing in nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, as they felt around desperately to match WCW's cruiserweight division, and Takimi Chinoko of course became the champion, and they were kind of sourcing talent for that big tournament they had and Karino Nord Daniels ended up getting signed from that, but for a while Steve Corino would would be going up on a regular basis to WWF shots to do jobs as an enhancement talent, and actually made quite a few connections there. End up going to work for them in a training capacity years after RECW closed. So c W Anderson Roadkill get the match started. A CW throws the left hand and they make a lot out of him using his left.
Speaker 2: Ew W and that's funny.
Speaker 1: The new c W Anderson was it wasn't SmackDown on CW.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true. Was on the CW Roadkill.
Speaker 1: Whips him in c W ducks, but caught in a boss man or as they call it, a dirt road slam.
Speaker 2: I mean to me also, by the way, I didn't really I don't think. I say we've reached a real level. When Hayman is kind of like I don't know if he's making fun of himself or if he's like when when when he's made basically booked his own double, it's just weird, and that's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Not not all, not at all creative. Well is running dry. Perhaps one may see because everyone would imitate Paul and I'd imagine one time he heard right, this guy imitated the body did great.
Speaker 9: C W.
Speaker 1: Roadkill Okay, yes, dirt road slam gets two on CW and then roadkill slam CW with the front power slam in the corner, goes up for a mid springboard elbow. Cyrus says that roadkill has deceptive strength, and the kind of deceptive strength you get from a lot of manual labor on the farm doing god knows what else and Intercourse Pennsylvania, Oh God, Dorian wilds now tackle. Dorian grabs his crotch because it's two thousand a hiptos, but he misses nailbow drop and Bill Wiles with the arm drag alo ricky steamboat.
Speaker 2: Cyrus says, I wouldn't go by the way. Nobody told me that Jake Roberts and JK. Simmons were working security in the show.
Speaker 1: I saw, Yeah, I missed that memo too. Billy Wiles was a guy who was like on the ECW ring truck crew for years and years and they finally let him wrestle. A lot of the guys that trained with Taz and Perry Satterd and the ECW dojo would be like Team Taz guys that would come out like with the jumpsuits and be Team Taz and they'd also drive the ring truck around. Danny Dorring spent quite a bit of time driving the ECW ring truck around, putting one time to a Boston show where on the stopover he swears he saw Paul Hayman pull out a w W headquarters with Vince McMahon and the white Corvette. That Haymn was so spooped that he was seen leaving Titan Towers that he insisted on getting together with Doring and whoever else he was with later. What exactly did you see? Yeah, exactly, that's what I want to know. What was your reaction when you saw me come on a Titan Towers? So the button chopped side burned Billy Wiles here mutton chopped, I should say not button chopped, roadkill, button chopped two yes, climbs as we said, in the middle of the ropes and does double clothes line to both opposition, putting them down the heels and are stacked up in the corner and dooring Whip's roadkill in for a splash, and then Doring drop kicks Billy. Danny Doring then does that bare back, which is kind of like a leaping reverse stunner, like, yeah, having you in front of me instead of behind you doing then launches off of a roadkill's back on all fours and planches onto all four on the outside of the ring back enduring with the right hand on c W. Whipp's verse drop down, and Billy Wiles comes in with a mist lariat but catches Danny Doring in a hilt. A World Power slam for two referre John Finnegan presiding by the way is.
Speaker 2: By the way? Is beautiful Billy Wiles a play on beautiful Bobby Eaton. I would think it is, yes, So because they were both part of the Dangerous Alliance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did a lot of that for sure. Originally, according to Danny Doring, they wanted Dooring to do kind of like a ravishing Rick Rude Dangerous Alliance gimmick and be part of the alliance and then shifted around. That was like Tommy Dreamer's idea, and then Paul didn't like that, so c W with a chicken wing slam sit out kind of thing that gets two kind of like hammer locks the arm before he sit sits out with the slam, and they awful. So they go on and on about how the Andersons were famed for the hammer lock and work in the arm and then slamming people on the arm, and they act like he's c W. Anderson is taking this to a whole new mind blowing level because he sits on his ass when he drops the guy instead of just drops him. You know, that's a revolutionary that's innovative that you gotta love that about pro wrestling. Sitting out with something I know, like it's like.
Speaker 2: Ooh, he sat out. He was like the laziest fucking thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you do that to your own ass bone? Just drop the guy in his head? Like right, why you're worried about sitting down yourself. It's kind of weird. So doing turns into the corner with some chomps. There's some woos they're not afraid to do Rick lair woos and e CW crowds back then and then he double hits an exploder suplex, lift him and flips him for two. Wiles comes in. Cyrus says this is many of the dangerous, dangerously teams cutting and cutting and ring and half strategy here on display and watch tapes. Okay, don't try to watch tapes, and Joey says.
Speaker 2: Is funny there here this is. Yeah. I didn't have the response, but I hope that up.
Speaker 5: To that tell us the hallmark of many of dangerous these teams, tremendous team one cutting the ring and half.
Speaker 9: Many of dangerously these teams.
Speaker 2: It's only tag teams.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Don't you ever watch old tapes? You ever watched old tapes?
Speaker 1: That's such a wrestling phrase, old tapes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's making reference to Ball Hayman. But you're not supposed to, I guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Wiles lifts and drops Dooring on its head with the back suplex with a light tap from CW on a double team attempt. Then CW is throwing on dooring, Irish whip and hiptosis block Dooring with the g spot sweep, which is the stroke that Jeff Jarrett used to do basically but like a Russian leg sweep to roadkill comes in for the bumping feed emphasis on feed as.
Speaker 2: It regards this fucking gargantuan bitch.
Speaker 1: In a sidewalk slam on Billy Wiles and a tk O and c W Anderson the Amish drop. That was another thing, like you do the t k O and WWF when they when it's like you can't kick out of that WWF Man Peer four brawl corner mounts punches to the flying c W low blows and Roadkill is dumped over to the floor from the top rope, which is a pretty bad fall for him. Man of his size Wiles into the buckling dumps the line, catches the fourth catapulds dooring into c W who super kicks him?
Speaker 2: And how were they cheering for that stupid fucking Omish gimmick.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I never thought it over.
Speaker 2: I mean, then why is he on TV?
Speaker 1: Because he can he can do top rope splashes and he's fat, soa can my mom? Well, she wasn't available. They weren't booking women that way back then.
Speaker 2: Should have I would have done it.
Speaker 1: So yes, let's see, there's the superkick door and falls back in for a one to two, a late kickout as some Roadkill was kind of slow breaking up the count. So then c W whips I'll say, definitely very slow.
Speaker 2: I've heard that.
Speaker 1: Standing dooring hitt of the ropes hits the spine buster and it goes for it rather his patented spinebuster channeling arn Anderson, but its sidestepped. And then Danny Doring does the double underhook lift into a DDT which he called the wambam. Thank you, ma'am gets a one two as Wiles makes the save and it breaks down here a corner to corner. Danny Doring hits the corner, lifts the foot of the charge and then they do the heart attack finish, but except that Dooring comes off the middle rope instead of leaping off the canvas like Brett used to do. Right, they call it the Lancaster Lariat of lust.
Speaker 2: That's one thing.
Speaker 1: Then god ecw didn't overdue naming moves. That was one thing I was always doing for Danny Joring climbs as this Roadkill. There's a keating leg dropped by Danny Doring and then Roadkill comes up and he's supposed to jump off too, but Electra suddenly turns on Roadkill and crotches him on the top rope. And then Louis Dangerous turns on find with the phone and c W. Spine busts him for the one, two, and the three. The New Dangerous Alliance team of C. W. Anderson and Bill Wilds Toe, Danny Doring and roadkill in seven minutes and twenty three seconds. Here at ECW, Living Dangerously, Electra is now a heel. I know you were deeply intrigued by at the time.
Speaker 2: I didn't care then, I don't care now. I don't know what she is.
Speaker 1: I find out a little bit more later, which I regret, but yeah, she has a lot to say. Real named Donna Adamo from New York.
Speaker 2: Donna a dummy? Is that what you said? Said, Donna a dummy?
Speaker 1: Dummy? Yeah, that's right. She was known for her parents, according to Wikipedia, at least in the Sopranos as about a ban girl work, you know, sort of like a coyote. I'm a waitress, I think.
Speaker 2: Like I said it, you know, name anyone from that from the Trice area was fucking in the about a being girl in the Sopranos.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and she uh, she was a go go girl working with go go bars. And she would, I guess, perform oil wrestling at strip clubs. That whole thing. And Paul used to run in those New York club circuits in the very beginning, like Studio fifty four and stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if this is somebody that she kind of makes reference to it in her promo, And I don't know if that's like created out of thin air, that she has a history with Paul Hayman that basically we'll get to it, that she was like jilted by him because he promised to make her a star and then left her hanging. Would surprise me if that, you know, they actually ran into each other way back in the day when Paul was I mean, she sucks hanging around fucking strip club. It's just I have no idea where they brought her in. I have no idea what they saw in her, and I have no idea what they gave her mic time at all. Blessed, blessed the woman's heart. But it's awful. No, no, don't don't bless her at all. It's not okay. It didn't even register that she even turned heel watching the show until Joey starts to cry.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's probably that's part of the problem.
Speaker 1: They starts saying, if it wasn't for Danny dorring, she'd still just be a rat in the crowd. Oh, Sarah says, can you drop the K five lingo? No one understands, Oh my god, he's great at that. And then they talk about how Blue always gets the hottest women, which is supposed to just make pop Polly, and that's what we've seen here tonight, Cyrus declares. So we go backstage and the Impact Player is Just Incredible and land Storm along with their valet Don Marie, are doing a vignette, and Storm says, what's the promo? Says, we got ripped off in Cincinnati. Nobody walks out here except the Impact Players champions ripped off of course, and losing the tag titles to a Raven and Mike Awesome. Credible says, we're not just going to make a promise. He did way too many hand motions when Just Incredible talks way too many. I mean, the hands are going like you would not believe.
Speaker 2: I know, I know what's going on there. I don't know what's up with that.
Speaker 1: All I know is he said in his book that he one of the rules, one of the things he insisted on when he became ECW World Champion is that lines of coke be prepared for him in his dressing room, his private dressing room before he went out, so he could always count on a line to sniff before he parted the curtain.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: And look, we saw him at Russell Cohn and he's fine.
Speaker 2: Totally fine, normal looking guy, no problems whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Tonight. We're making a guarantee, he says, we're going to win the championships. He's bobbing around like a fucking toy back there. Guarantee two time champs. Now, that's the coolest, the best in Storm says, that's a guarantee from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. That my friend is just incredible. They do the pose and they cut this out of the Peacack peacock version, but here peact they start showing, you know, the dates for upcoming house shows, including the Worcester Palladium home schedule, as well as the Ice Center and sail in New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: What's the fucking Worcester Palladium? You never been?
Speaker 1: No, where's that Milton, Worcester.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I know that, I mean where in Worster.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to describe the part of the city. It's in I went to an ECW show there once. It's like one of those venues where like it's all seats and in the stage with a curtain behind it. They put the ring on the stage, but there's no fans behind them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's really range.
Speaker 1: I remember ICP used to go there all the time. Yeah, it's kind of like a very ECW venue, definitely. But they were going to the Ice Center in Salem, New Hampshire for TV T being You ever been there?
Speaker 2: No, I have not been there. I don't know where that is, CANDUs, I think of what's that, I think of where that would be. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you don't know, you don't know. It's Kansas City, Missouri. They're about to debut there in Wichitak, Kansas as well. They were about Tape TV and Richmond, Virginia. They're going over the place April first, Norfolk, April sixth, Cleveland, April seventh, Warn Ohio, the April eighth to Tape TV in Buffalo, then April thirteenth to Indianapolis and April fourteenth to Evansville. They were booked solid man, with no fucking clue, with no plan, just book.
Speaker 2: Solid and you got insane. Good for them.
Speaker 1: Joey tells everybody you ca get you free e cw brchandise catalog by sending a dollar for shipping and handling to the address on your screen. Simon Diamond makes his entrance, and that's also cut out of the Peacock version because it contains a song Drain but by a band called Drane Sith, which, as Simon says.
Speaker 2: Uh, then.
Speaker 1: Here's my other song that I didn't know. I knew until I watched this again. He had a great song, kid Rock. They also kept Kid Cash. They also cut his entrance out of the Peacock version because he used to come out to Bob with tabab By kid Rock.
Speaker 2: So there you go, all wonderful. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Kid Cash were kind dressed like kid Rock as well, with the hat and the leather pants.
Speaker 2: Who's the Who's the who's the the? The the skinny dweed guy with the red hair.
Speaker 1: You know, he didn't really have much of a tenure there, so I don't I can't tell you very much about him. He was just part of He was like supposed to be like a butler and Simon's Uh. Simon's stratosphere his orbit if you will. They called him Mitch, but I don't know anything about the guy. I don't know where he came from. I couldn't find hardly anything about the guy, so all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've always wondered because I think I've seen him before and he looks like an actor that I've seen in stuff, but I don't who the fuck he is.
Speaker 1: There's like a red thread here where they're talking about how the same thing I just talked about, how there's almost nothing about the guy.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's very strange. You some of these guys like we're just like hanging around, you know, and they just put them on TV. Yeah, Tommy Dreamer tweeted, Apparently, in twenty fourteen, I saw ECW alumni Mitch if Simon Diamond Entourage on HBO's Hard Knocks. He loves sports so much. Happy to see him doing his thing. I don't know what he would have been on an HBO for, but apparently he lived a double life.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, So we're back in the ring, Simon Diamond and Kid Cash. Simon, of course has a problem.
Speaker 2: He takes the mic.
Speaker 1: The match that started as Cash versus Simon Diamond, who's injured at the time. So that's why this whole rigamarole takes place, and why Simon has gear on but doesn't wrestle. Jeff Jones comes out really for no apparent reason and says, you do have a problem. The music hits and he says, Cyrus is Joey, is this on your format? Whenever you hear the word format, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, I can't stand that. I can't stand at.
Speaker 1: I know you're in a great place. Ah so awesome steps.
Speaker 2: Out Not with the fucking format.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, remember bishops of the format of the crowd?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I nauseates me.
Speaker 1: Rip the format in half. Television industry, lingo, just what I watched wrestling for format talk. Let's talk about the writer's room while we're at it, I know, and the powers that be and standards and practices and the guys in the back and the political bullshit in the back. Let's talk about it. So Mike Austin comes out the World Champion with both straps the tag belt in the World Tider. We're supposed to se him later tonight, of course, in the tag title defense, but he also make a little gonna make a cameo appearance.
Speaker 2: Here, boy, he's got to cut an extreme promo. Apparently, after all, you have more before I play, go ahead the way you two guys have the toys.
Speaker 4: Real fucking don't there.
Speaker 1: That's not necessary.
Speaker 12: You can't either get out of this ring and live, or you can stay in it and die.
Speaker 11: I know what I do.
Speaker 2: I'm excitement Malgine.
Speaker 5: He's gonna dow heavyweight Jen.
Speaker 1: That's where it ends.
Speaker 2: That's where it ends. He gets attacked, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Simon pushes a Mitch into Awesome and then they all swarm on him, and then kid Cash goes after him, and Mike lifts and belly to belly overhead throws him and then whipped to the corner and barge in the corner by Mike Awesome like a cat on those leaps. Man, he could leave his feet, I'll give him that. He could soar. And he does a splash and he covers Cash and gets one two. And it's only when he goes for a cover that we realize that Mike Austam isn't just here kicking people's asses.
Speaker 2: This is somehow a match. Yeah, I don't know how that happened. But it happened somehow.
Speaker 1: The ECW Championship committee faxed over a signed paperwork in the interim here. So it's Mike Awesome versus Kid Cash and to a bout at ECW Living Dangerously two thousand that is mentioned in part one. The final pay per view appearance for Mike Austin is ZCW champion. He tosses Cash to the floor. Interesting floor it was with red and yellow stripes running on it there at the O'Neill Center.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that was about. No clue.
Speaker 1: Drives Cash into the rail, then gets kind of back dropped into the crowd. And then Cash is in the ring and does a springboard plancho that absolutely takes out Mike Austin into those chairs that didn't fold that they would have out there in the crack ec dub chance on the corpses of both men. Judge Jones is in Cash's face in the ring. Cash ducks a gavel shot as Judge Jones tries to hit him with that, and then Cash, who huh, judge, who Judge Jeff Jones?
Speaker 4: What well?
Speaker 1: I think books travel for fucking aw Now, of course he does double arm under hook fakes plant takes out Jeff Jones and then awesome.
Speaker 2: I heard great deals of Disney, great deals for Disney.
Speaker 1: Judge Jeff Jones, He's got to judge Judy of pro wrestling. That's what seems like awesome of the sling shot, shoulder blocking from the apron and that takes out Cash and then just he lands on Kid Cash's face. As a matter of fact, taking flight there, Styles says that Cash is Joe is just wired shut. So that's Styles. Joey Styles says that, so that's a high risk moment there for one Kid Cash corner to corner on the Whipon's side. Stepped Cash goes to the top rope in one fluid motion and leaps into her kanana, snapping over Mike awesome or is Joey Styles used to pronounce it hoodah hood end kanrana hood end h u d a m d. Mike Austin cuts him down with a lariat and Cyrus says it's like a clothes line from no one else in the history of the business there for Mike assam and goes so far as say that yeah, and Mike Assom lifts a lifts him up for the hard power bomb with a delay, the awesome bomb. He points to the table and they go nuts that he's going to do the classic power bomb the guy out of the ring to the floor through a table. He loads the table in the ring though, and then Cash is splayed out on it and Sarah says, the office is scared to death of this. Mike austome as he climbs to the top rope, but he's cut off by Kid Cash. Mike austom cuts him off on the high risk district and then he lifts he lifts Kid Cash while standing on the top fucking rope into power bomb formation. Talk about high risk, one slip, too many passed away.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, fucking exactly. That's what's worth it. It's worth it to do that.
Speaker 1: He's holding a moment the razor's edge, Yes, and he drives him all the way from the top rope into the ring through a table.
Speaker 2: It's so, I mean, it's it's it's insane, It really is. It's insane.
Speaker 1: People are going insane when he does it. Joey hits the first Oh my god of the broadcast.
Speaker 2: Cover, which is you know, I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed he doesn't do a good one at all. Yeah, he doesn't break out the classic. It was very judicious about that. I have to give him credit. He was very oh he was. It was a thing like he would he could save it for real time, for real moments.
Speaker 1: There was one like, you know, really intense one that he would only do when they would do like the most insane stunts you can imagine, and he would too. Sometimes Two he'd deploy it when it was a big angle. It wasn't like that someone took a great risk. It was just like this, this has to be something that really gets across is a big moment. And he deployed then sometimes too.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm taking that. I'm thinking that.
Speaker 1: Four minutes and forty four seconds of Mike Awesome pins Kid Cash here at ECW, Living Dangerously. Cyrus says, there is no one in the wrestling business like Mike Awesome and what he's doing here in ECW. He was the first man to hold the world title in the tag title simultaneously in ECW, of course, not for long. He always both straps up and his song sounds like Welcome to the Jungle almost with the lyrics over it, new lyrics over it, extreme replay of the power bomb and Cash with the eyebrow ring of course, because it's two thousand and you want to be over. Of course I have an eyebrow ring in the wrestling ring. And then suddenly Jazz comes out and is tending to kid Cash, and Cyrus applies that there's more than just a friendship between these two. And then Syrus says I can just be friends with a woman, and Joey says I can.
Speaker 2: But you on the other hand, Okay, god fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: Again the TNA exit interview here, and then Simon Diamond gets to the ring, and then Jotto and Gato this for they were in New Japan. They were in what d D T or FMW at the time. They come out and start, are you asking me? Like I fucking know you know these guys at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I fucking I mean, first of all, like they said, they said Shadow and Gato, and I wrote down c h A t oh shad g Gato like g A t O awesome, No fucking idea who these fucking guys were.
Speaker 1: Gato is the booker for New Japan, and he was the booker that sort of let you know, spark the renaissance for that company. Starting in twenty twelve through to like twenty twenty, so he's much more known for and he's like a manager. Turn heel on Ocada. So when I know he is, tell me when I'm supposed to cure right right about there? You know, sorry, I tried, I tried. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: It's fair.
Speaker 1: So they come out there stomping on jazz. What he can you can get, you can get out of here. This didn't work, I know, get out of getto out of here. Yet it's almost Gato, get o down here, Getuda here.
Speaker 2: Gudda here.
Speaker 1: The music hits and everyone uh smoked smoked goody.
Speaker 2: Like that we got we got smoke Gouda here.
Speaker 1: This guy's always like running like a market on like the sidewalk, you know, screaming at people what he's got. Hey, Hey, hey, good eat that Christmas rash two for ten.
Speaker 2: We're gonna smoke guddha alight just for your potties.
Speaker 1: That's smoke for your potties. Yeah, everyone goes to source smoked Gouda from the sidewalk for I tell you smoke Godda. That's a hell of a tag team.
Speaker 2: Shot over and smoked Gouda.
Speaker 1: Smoked and Guda smoked, Guddha.
Speaker 2: Smoked. It is a guy named smoked. There's a guy named Guda, and together they're Smoked Guda. That's perfect.
Speaker 1: They'll be taking on the team of smoked and Salmon. I understand it gets even more complicated when you smoke it. So the music hits and you can see everybody react. But on Peacock they dubbed the music over, so it's fucking like, why are people going so crazy? It's because Nova is coming out. And Nova used to come out to Intergalactic by.
Speaker 2: The Baci Boys.
Speaker 1: You remember that song and Barelyic Planet Harry Plant, Oh yeah, all right, all right, a huge late ninety song. So they come out Nova and Chris Chetti, more particularly Nova with his fucking Venom inspired outfit from Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Might as well call them Locks and Panshetta.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Nova, smoke Nova, it's more like it.
Speaker 2: In Panetta.
Speaker 1: In Panchetta, what's his finish or the Nova locks the smears the Capers and the Capers and smear the Caper crusader. But enough about Paul's breakfast spread. That's what that's when you knew Paul had thrown in the tallities W when he brought in locks and schmear. Yeah, no time, team champions. Let me ask you something, what is your finish tonight? Nova Chetty versus Gatto and.
Speaker 2: Hado So, oh my god, by way, I will say uh, I do appreciate Nova wearing uh an outfit inspired by Spider Man's symbio outfit.
Speaker 1: Sure from the comic books Absolutely Black Spider Man. Absolutely I would agree with that. They had a Gato and Jido had a pretty terrific match against Just Incredible and land Storm shortly after coming over.
Speaker 2: To ECW earlier in the year. So great, love it, so excited, double whip on.
Speaker 1: Joddo, double Hiplock almost kills him, and a flip splash and an elbow double team by Nova. And Chetty was a cousin of Taz and also one of the graduates of the school as well.
Speaker 2: Oh so you might have actually been Panchette. Then that might have been Tazan Chetty is not for nothing, not for nothing. Hey, you could be Italian Bacon Panchetty. Hey, Chetty, come here, you gotta get a good grip. You want to talk Red Hook ec W.
Speaker 1: Yato, Gato comes up the top and gets caught by Nova, and which used to happen to me too. I mean that that was a fascinating TV show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, I do remember Nova on PBS.
Speaker 1: Tilt World heads Man. Though for Agato we got.
Speaker 2: Cyrus making comments on how Jado and Gato and Judo have adjusted to uh to America. The foreigners are adopting very well here to this very artment. What the foreigners aren't you from Canada? Nova gets to think in the United States is another province.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna You're not gonna have the last word with this guy.
Speaker 2: You're simply not I'm gonna give I'm gonna give him that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, You keep giving him enough mulligans, and pretty soon you got to change your opinion on a guy. No, he's still ugly, Well, yeah he's not. He's not trying to get he's not trying to be a baby face here. He knows he's ugly.
Speaker 2: No, I listen, I'm I'm I'm I told you, I told you he was funny. I just I can't stand his voice. I can't stand his look. I can't stand the fact that when he when he when he when he shoots his head back, he loses his chin.
Speaker 1: Do you know that he's got a bald head? Now it looks like a penis walking around.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: I've seen him. I've seen I've seen clips of of when he when he was managing h Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 1: Indeed, he has his buddy from uh that was like his nephew almost growing up.
Speaker 2: He looks like yeah right, he looks like even looks like a he he looks like a penis or or a skin tag. You know, it's like this fucking head is like kind of like one shape, it goes up. It's like a skin tag or.
Speaker 1: Hot tag, as he would say, So getto off. Caught by Nova, tiltortal headsays or lands though for Gato, Cheddy and Nova are on the floor and there's a baseball slide kick as Gato does a springboard loon salt off the middle rope to take both of them out. Joey Stalle says, they weren't scheduled for this pay per view, yet here they are.
Speaker 2: And great. I mean, I guess you could have drawn money, but you didn't.
Speaker 1: Framed with I don't think and he buys to see Gaeto and Jotto but framed as a these two being on the cutting edge of Japanese wrestling at the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know anyway, the nacy junior heavyweight tag team scene, but yeah, the just emerging junior heavyweight tag team scene in Japan.
Speaker 2: They helped.
Speaker 1: Jud heavyweight tag straps and everything. Young Bucks did it, miss several others. So Nova then hooks a power bomb. Well, he used to do it. He'd power bomb you and as you're coming down, he'd put his elbow between your crotch and also driving elbow in your knuts. Nova was one of those guys like I'm gonna do I'm gonna add six steps to every.
Speaker 2: Move, you know.
Speaker 1: That was his whole, whole fucking gimmick. He called the Sledge of Mattic And then Cheddy comes in and gets crossed up, and there's some you fucked up chance, which isn't isn't a bright spot, but it's the only one in the car, which is ironic considering it's the Vic Rhimes event.
Speaker 2: That's the ultimate you fucked up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Cheddy hits the axe kick and tags and Nova Nova with a pil Nelson on Gato drop down into a wheelbarrow, pickup to the ropes they go, and then Cheddy snaps the neck down and that allows Nova and then carry Gato and dump him on his face for two Gato runs in, runs Nova into Joddo, who enters the ring and drops both of them. Team no respect in FMW is what Gato and Jiddo were called. That's they're called no respect. Why probably because they didn't get any makes sense walking authority. That was their whole thing, not getting any respect from me. Cheddy whips uh Jotto out of the rail, but he back drops Cheddy back into the ring back in a double whip. Nova does a drop toe hold and uh, I don't know. Then Ghetto drops an elbow on him. Nova gets dropped toe hold it I should say, is that a word? Get dropped toe holded? I don't know, drop toe held, drop toe He was dropped toed held hold holded holding and then Cyrus calls him kto that. Then that's the heen and you're talking to me when he gets called out for misidentified.
Speaker 2: That's fat. That's all right, I'll give him that.
Speaker 1: Getto now with a surfboard stretch talking.
Speaker 2: Wait are you talking? Kato dude? Right?
Speaker 1: Kato institute Brother Kato getting pushed?
Speaker 2: Brother? What is it? Paul Diamond? Kato dude? What so many? Right?
Speaker 1: Ghetto applies to surfboard stretch, exposing Nova so Gato can drop the sledgehammer on him. Jetto with some chops in the corner on Nova charges into his back elbow. Nova climbs back into the ring. He gets tripped up and Shadow comes up after and hits a top rope back superplex on Nova. Gato apparently means outlaw we're told, so okay, the outlaw way or something like that. He goes to the middle rope, but he's caught and Nova hit some of the sit out power bomb as he tries to Rana tag to Chedty Chedty cooking now whips reversed wastelatters.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody gives a shit. They're doing moves. They're doing moves. I understand they're doing moves, but the crowd doesn't fucking care. He like he was. It was a it was as cold as ice. Tag to to uh wait to to shitty Cheddy there and and even even after doing the German, the crowd doesn't give a ship.
Speaker 1: Ever saw much in Chris Chitty never got it.
Speaker 2: He got hurt.
Speaker 1: He showed a little bit of promise, then he got hurt when he came back and was like, all right, this guy clearly is just like a guy there keeping around because he's sort of homegrown and has the task connection well.
Speaker 2: And probably because they don't fucking have anybody else. Everyone's leave him for greener pastures. He drops jod Or horribly and say long greener pastures. Cheddy then hits the blue thunderbomb on Gato. Cheddi tries a backslide, but Nova kicks him into the kicks him in the face and that puts him into a backslide. Uh, and goes with the one two three, but no, he kicks out Gator, then super kicks Cheddy down to the canvas, lifts up Nova in a soup lex and then turns that into like a power bomb.
Speaker 1: Yeah kind of deal. Yeah, it gets to double whip on Cheddy, Duck, superkick down Gato, double clothes line, double down all the guys on the canvas. Novell goes up top with the swanton on Jado and then Gato with a great frog splash. We'll cover double kickout, Jamalino getting a workout. Cheddy does kind of the Harlem sidekick on Gato, and then Jodo was dropped with a running high kick. The Amityville horror by Cheddy on Gato. I forget what that was. Was that like him, I know it's a movie or something. Yeah, Mityville horror was that you'd give the guy a t k O. But you sit out with and when you sit out with things in wrestling till my point earlier, so much more devastating.
Speaker 2: You sit out with it. What I don't get it.
Speaker 1: You can have five you sit out with it.
Speaker 2: But you always said sat back.
Speaker 1: He would sit down.
Speaker 2: That cool.
Speaker 1: Sure he turned into a stunner. Maybe he turn into a sunner when he sat out. I don't care. They did the title weight that was their tag team move. There's a splash, no leg drop at the same time, one two three no Venchetti, Jado and Gato in seven minutes and thirty three seconds here a living dangerously. It was framed as an upset considering how long Gato and Jado had been teaming together in Japan, and pushed is the biggest win in Chris Chetti his careers.
Speaker 2: That's great, and I fucking I agree. It was the biggest, biggest win for both of them.
Speaker 1: No telling what would have happened with these two and they're upside hung on a little longer a little sad. Lou Dangerously is in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is this is I I care. I got that we have to hear from Electra after what she I I'll tell you like I didn't care about Electra, and I care. I can tell you what I do care, but I care in the fact that I never want to see her.
Speaker 1: You're invested in, like efforts being undertaken to keep her away from your television.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's how much I care, Like I need her to I'm I might talk to a lawyer tomorrow and restrain and get a restraining order on her, Like anything that has to do with her needs to be away from me. So if they need to move my TV anytime an ECW show comes up, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't protest. Let's hear why you're so worked up here.
Speaker 2: I do have the whole thing with with with Lewis dangerously Paul Hayman.
Speaker 6: There's tons of people in the world that hate you.
Speaker 2: Let alone women, but hell, hath.
Speaker 3: No what.
Speaker 2: I under that was all about to by the way, well he does, yeah, let alone women.
Speaker 1: Because Electra has yet to explain that she has a history with Paul Hayman, I say lou is making reference to it. Before the cart, before the horse. Yeah, I'll say.
Speaker 13: Fury as a woman scored because when the women want to push, they know where to come.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm disturbed at the the suggestion that he's actually channeling the way PAULI really is like these are I know, I know, I'm deeply disturbed by all the Paul it doesn't hesitate to her friend a lovely lady.
Speaker 2: Let's put it that one. Of course, I listen, I would not put that past him at all.
Speaker 14: Hey, Paul, how long do we know each other?
Speaker 2: Ten eleven years? I mean I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean we're off to a really bad start at Worries Coasters. We can handle the New York accent.
Speaker 2: I I I.
Speaker 1: Adore the New York accent in so many contexts.
Speaker 2: But here sure, and I like, and you know what, I'm a fan of that really that that that that really thick you know, New Jersey type two, that accent, like I get it and it's it's fine, but this is just like it's also like she doesn't know how to speak right.
Speaker 1: And you know you can hear the cigarettes on her voice.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I think she swallowed a few before the show.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you guess too.
Speaker 1: Remember all those nights we hung out at the China Club when you were a big somebody and I was a nobody and you could have helped.
Speaker 2: Me, but you didn't. When was Paul Hyman ever a big somebody?
Speaker 1: Oh, if anyone can convince you he is, it'd be him.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 11: And I real personal animosity towards you, because you're nothing but the man Man Man.
Speaker 1: Danny during.
Speaker 10: I'm a psycho bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous, jealous of what.
Speaker 15: I'm a woman in her thirties who could have anyone or anything she wants, and you couldn't hang with me.
Speaker 5: Because you're a little boy, rude kill.
Speaker 11: You want to rid me in the back, tell everybody about missing flights, just tear me up personally.
Speaker 6: You want to know why you personally hate me.
Speaker 10: I personally hate you.
Speaker 5: And I know why you hate me too, because you are jealous because.
Speaker 4: You're bigger than mine.
Speaker 6: There just happens to be a new boss in town, and his name happens to be lou E.
Speaker 3: We're doing an angle to get rid of Amy, which we did another one that they aired.
Speaker 2: This one they didn't air.
Speaker 15: The real one is Dereena, where we walk out there with Amy and and we'll do a gimmick where I tell her I bang rats all the time and that the next thing, and she's like yeah.
Speaker 3: She gets mad because she thought she was.
Speaker 15: The only one and I want to paint her in my finish and Roko gives her a big splash what she was nervous about because Rokio hater. She pretty sure he was gonna kill. Everybody took care of her. But I remember getting to the arena going, okay, just to blow off ang. I wonder what we're gonna do.
Speaker 14: And I see this girl sitting there and she's just you know, she's chain smoking, and she's she's got that deep voice, you know what I mean, you know, and uh, and I go, oh shit, I wonder what I wonder.
Speaker 15: I wonder, I wonder wheal they're putting her with. I'm telling you, I want you to use your new manager.
Speaker 2: I popped.
Speaker 15: I was like, oh, And so we get out there and I remember she's carted cutting a promo in the ring and I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 15: Maybe that's why they aired it. I've never even seen it on TV or the footage. I don't even know where. But like, I don't know if I was biting my lip or just popping, but she's just going, why would you want hamburger?
Speaker 8: Flaming, a bouncing give me and roadkill is just popping right behind me out loud. Amy's popping, and I'm just like because it was just like it was just scary, you know what I mean, because I didn't know, like she was just so in your face.
Speaker 3: It was just and she but that she whatever.
Speaker 15: Then what happened was we were doing we're doing shows and that the next thing, and and she's missed a whole bunch of TV appearances.
Speaker 3: What happened was she were on a plane.
Speaker 2: We're leaving.
Speaker 15: Its always funny. We were going actually Wisconsin, and the plane got canceled. She's the only one on at the airport and we're like, Dona, don't even bother get in here because the planes were not taking off. We I'm gonna leave tomorrow. She's like, oh, I know, PAULI called me, told me to stay home. The planes aren't getting out. You know the rest of us, you know, to me, the Simon Diamonds and dor Maries, the big sALS, everybody else at the airport.
Speaker 3: She's the only one who knows. So that was weird. But she the next week, we're going there. We're starting to work with throm Rie.
Speaker 15: It's uh just incredible and land storm right and she gets on there and they go, we're gonna be delayed for takeoff just a few minutes. We have one more item or an inventory that was unidentified. Uh don't we have to identify real quick. It was like an extra bag of peanuts or a fucking fire something something out of it, and she's think.
Speaker 3: She starts screaming and she and we're all like playing, like what the fuck is this?
Speaker 15: And she just leaves the plane the whole weekend so we don't do so Cheddy and Nova get to fucking get get the push because they got jazz with him. You know that that don'ld likely do a trio and uh so then she like next weeks she started missing TVs and then she makes sporadic shots and so finally me rokill.
Speaker 3: We're just sitting around when they were listen, man, I go fuck it.
Speaker 15: Let's go talk to Tommy and say, uh, you know we don't want her, you know, we we can't you know what I mean, if if, if, our whole our whole push is gonna be based on a fucking woman, and what the fuck are we doing here.
Speaker 3: Let's try to make this happen to see if we can get steam on our own or just fuck it right, And he's like, you're right.
Speaker 15: So we went and talked Tommy and he goes, okay, but we're a you know, it's gonna drop you guys down.
Speaker 3: You know, down the ladder. Though, being he was honest about it, and he was like yeah.
Speaker 15: So then we worked with We dropped her the dangerous lines and that's you know, we basically asked, so we try to get over on her own without having a girlfriend. I mean, anything was great. Donna was good because you know, we had we finally had. We did some funny promos. She had these big monster tits that bounced all over the place. I mean, guys like that and this that The next thing about it is, but at one point, at some point, we're just kind of like, you know, your.
Speaker 3: Egos, like, you know, I want to check it over that being with a chick all the time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So the story of Electraea, it's a bomb. Can you imagine her? She laughs? Wait a minute, when Daniel Doran just told that story, there was no indication of her being evil about it. She was paranoid about can't you picture bless her looks like this, freaking out like on a plane.
Speaker 2: Can you not picture? Oh god, absolutely, yeah, exactly. I mean, listen, listen, a woman like her thinks everybody's out toget her. All right, there absolutely would be a bomb on her plane.
Speaker 1: She kind of gonna dance, and she kind of she looks forward to a guy taking it too far so she can make a big like you know what I mean, investigation.
Speaker 2: Out of it. Yeah, she wants to, you know, she she wants the guy to just you know, she'll push it to one point so she can really fuck the guy over.
Speaker 1: Absolutely a big scene, big drama. She she likes ending the night screaming in a parking lot. You know, Electra can try to fuck me. Electra did you.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the promo.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's bad enough on audio, but if you watch the video and you see her wonder and you see her reaching for what to say next.
Speaker 2: It's so bad. It's so bad.
Speaker 1: It has to be a story here with this this woman and how she got into this position.
Speaker 2: There has to be.
Speaker 1: Because that because because I mean, I know that the accent isn't gender specific, but it's one thing to hear Vince Russo.
Speaker 2: Talk like that.
Speaker 1: It yeah right, it's it is like it's really a woman you as sort of like you know, like an erotic dancer character, and then that comes down to her mouth.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh right, my god, I was gonna say, did I ever tell you this story? VFW Yeah, yeah, the yeah you're in here, the Wakefield Social Club.
Speaker 1: The stepas got an accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it's like, you know, like there there was one that was like, you know, she was kind of attractive, and then she came out with the biggest fucking soufie accent you can possibly imagine, and it was just like any kind of of of of remote attraction that there was there.
Speaker 1: That's so unfair to her beautiful Boston women.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is listen, it is, and I'm sorry, but it's so true. It's so true. There was when I just graduated high school. I it was back in my days of of doing wedding videography, fucking Christ. And I remember, you know, I met I met this. I met a girl at at at like a I doing like friends weddings like it wasn't it wasn't, you know, in relatives and stuff like that, and and I I got a I I remember, and I met this girl and I actually had the balls all right to go up and like ask for her number or something like that. And and I said, you know, said hey, what's you know, it's like, what's your name? And she said, oh, my name's Jen Cotta. And I was like, oh, she's like Italian, I know. Like I was like, oh yes, and how do you spell that? C O T T as O T T. I was like, oh, all right, and maybe I won't to call you so bad.
Speaker 1: Let me let me let me tell you something. Your fucking asshole, you're not too much to look at yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your little fuck, your fat fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh big fucking loss. Yeah, can't fucking jp sorrow? What am I gonna fucking do now you fucking I'm gonna get my fire fighter boyfriend to beat that ship out of you. After some scorpion bowls were wearing Timbaland's on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go skiing in jeans this weekend. What do you doing? I'm gonna go up to winn Asaki. I'm gonna I'm gonna do some some downhill Like what choose.
Speaker 1: It, man, I'm gonna do a halmshow for the week. What'd you guys go? What a hampshot? We a white Mountain's gonna Hampshire?
Speaker 2: Come?
Speaker 11: What have.
Speaker 2: People? Like?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: They could be? Okay? Yeah, so what are you doing? Sh s s h h.
Speaker 11: H.
Speaker 1: They're Shire and they're shop. They're fucking sho.
Speaker 2: Wished the ship? You know mind? You know you know what my daughter does to really really piss me off. What is she will call conquered concord. It drives me.
Speaker 1: Nuts, obnoxious. You guys go to Billy You mean concord, Dad? Shut up? Conk flight of the Concords.
Speaker 2: That's right? Is that peabody? No, it's pa the whole the.
Speaker 11: Like.
Speaker 2: By the time you get to the d y, you're like, this is taking too long. It was.
Speaker 1: My brothers and baby, you know, got a place in a uh and he got there. Can you go up there in canoe? You know, I post on Facebook if you want to see him. And we're making smalls.
Speaker 2: Here see that he's gonna, she's gonna, he's busting.
Speaker 1: Weather was beautiful. I heard that. Uh ah, I heard the Mike Lowell's family used to stay there, remember him, mit Mike Lowell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no ship.
Speaker 1: Well my Mike, my cousin used to work a Fenway, right, and uh, he's like, dude, you would not believe dude, Mike Lowell's cock side because you know, he worked for he worked for Fenway, but he kind of worked for like the venue more than the team, you know what I mean. And so one time he's in the locker room and he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went, actually he worked for he was really worked for, you know, the sausage stand for the sausage stand, all right, for the strapped department, Hot dog Hu t hut, hot dog, hot chocolate.
Speaker 1: So this is what Electra does. She electrifies that fucking cast is what she does. I'm electrified like a tesla right now. Bitch, Oh fuck my life. So yeah, all. This is quite an accent on on electric.
Speaker 2: It's just it's not okay. It's not okay. Someone needs to get a hold of her and get her to calm down.
Speaker 1: I called an audible there. I played that clip cold. You know that was Danny Doring, right, I didn't, but I figure and the Amy he's talking about in the beginning his leader is right. So Electra is the replacement for Leda as the valet for Danny Dorian roadkill.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, Paul, I'm talking about bringing up them, bringing up Amy as Leada works there. So we're going to bring her up and take her from you. If that's okay, do you mind? It doesn'tally matter if your mind or not. It's already happened. Contract side voicemail, A voicemail a lot of chance to object, and uh, I mean, I hope.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, if you have any problems with it, you just keep that to yourself, because if you're call me back, I'm not going to answer. And I'm going to just keep on poaching people as I deem fit, as I bite that tattoo on her shoulder. I'll tell you what I've already had a nibble of of the woman who I'm gonna call Lita like Lowlita.
Speaker 1: You get my drip styles, didn't She rios unbelievable, has the greatest moon salt in in a wrestling game history. Yeah, she sure does a lot of hanging. No, no, not her, not her, I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking about cereal in the fucking no Mercy. That that incredible. Just massive moon time is remarkable. Yeah. Yes.
Speaker 1: And so when in that promo, Electra makes reference to Roadkill making fun of her for the flight issues, you heard Danny Dorring explain exactly what that's about. Yep, that's a bomb.
Speaker 3: It's a bomb.
Speaker 1: There's like a ninety percent chance that she's got a relative on FDN Y or NYPD that like responded to.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, oh for sure, for sure. Or it's probably some kind of distant cousin, right, it's almost like a cousin of a cousin of a cousin.
Speaker 1: There's a ninety eight percent chance that there's like a framed picture of someone in an NY uniform on a wall in her house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that she's never actually met before, but it's a cousin.
Speaker 1: So you heard it a little bit there. As they cut away from that promo, the music is super Crazy. He's now on his waind of the ring. Style says super Crazy has heat with the network because he snubbed his nose at them. Style said, like he should lay down to let you coronate Rhino as the new TV champion and not try to grab the brass ring. I think that's a little insider terminology there from one Joey Styles. Yeah, Sarah says, are you familiar with the terminology time monitored tradition?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the words.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to just let Rhino win the belt?
Speaker 2: Why why why are they going to do this? Why do they feel the need to do this kind of shit?
Speaker 1: Waidos in the ring with Graziano, like talking.
Speaker 2: About talking about certain behind the scenes stuff is okay, but like when you start talking about.
Speaker 1: He's doing it as comedy though he's doing it obnoxiously, but.
Speaker 2: Still it's it's drawing attention to the fact that it's all bullshit and why am I watching? Mask was of that anyway?
Speaker 1: Watching this whole kind of the CW is curious and that they would always do that, yet they still somehow that was part of Paul's genius. Frankly, when it came time to shoot a really hot angle. They knew how to how to get you dialed in for real, you know, like you have a show where Cyrus said that on the same show where Dusty turns the clock back twenty years, you know, fans allow themselves to be transported along all the line the philosophical lines that Dusty talked about in that shoot interview clip we played in part one.
Speaker 2: I guess extremes it's sure, sure, I'm with you, but like the the the the ext I mean, it's no, no, no surprise put intended, but like the extremes of it all, like it's either there seems to be very little middle ground. It's either ludicrous so completely it's it's either completely fake and phony, or it's like, holy legit. Yeah true, that's hard for me to really get around. It's too black and white for me. On the same show, shades of Es of gray first, shades of gray. So not good guys and bad.
Speaker 1: Guys, right, that would insult the intelligence of our audience.
Speaker 2: Exactly, or insult my own intelligence of my audience.
Speaker 1: The tournament was an eight man Rhino beat Spike Dudley to advance. Sandman had beat to Jerry to advance. I look forward to playing a clip in a little while where sand Man says he never wrestled to Jerry. Little Guido beat Kid Cash to advance and Super Crazy beat c W Anderson to advance. This is all on ECW television in the month of March, So it's Rhino Sandman, and we know what happened earlier in the show. Rhino gets the buy and this is Guido versus Super Crazy, the battle Greeto beating Cash and Crazy beating Anderson to advance to this point, so he doesn't know when we wrought Ono the Sicilian shooter. What would ECW be without these the long leathered jackets like the fat guys would.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, did you say the Sicilian proshood? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Pretty much? Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Sicilian proshuoter Salami and uh.
Speaker 1: Elser said in The Observer that the original plan for this was a three way with the jury, but they decided to get to jury involved in the main event instead because Super Crazy into Jury was pretty magical back then. But they decided not to run it back we promised it.
Speaker 2: And not to fucking not to fucking even have them wrestle each other, just have them involved in the main event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what a mess yep. But a homie Zach who always steps up when he feels he can be of assistance was the first things in reaching out to Sandman. All right, and uh he asked him something that proves germane I would say to this part of the podcast, but it's what we realized that, Uh, the abrupt end in the in the in the truncated nature of that first gammeia was going to be characteristic of of Samman requests going forward.
Speaker 2: No, Jack, what the fuck up?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right, it's the same man, hardcore dude.
Speaker 2: Uh you was that your boy, Zach?
Speaker 13: He said in the South to eat his cameo, you guys were two thousand living dangerously. To Jerry, I would have said, I never had a singles match against the jury of my life. But I didn't really like him much anyway, because he always he always he could talk English, but he would use it like if he didn't want to do something in a match or anything. He would uh to Jerry be like, oh no, don't understand and bullshit. Back in the day, we didn't have any phones. So I heard him on a payphone talking speaking.
Speaker 2: Speaking, terfect what's going on? But either way, Terry Funk, there's too many. Ah, he was the greatest thing in the world. He hated to hear, but he was the greatest in the world. No, Terry Funk.
Speaker 1: I think Zach tucked in a question about and Terry Funk memory and Sam Man's phone starts ringing. So he read that ship up broke.
Speaker 2: I'll tell I'll tell you. It's really funny how he's like the shortest cameo guy ever when it comes to wrestling. He's like, give me that fucking cake. What do you want? A half house? Sorry, yeah, I want to tell you a half ass fucking story.
Speaker 1: And Ricky Steamboats give me a twenty minute tour of his house. When I asked him who was the ninja in the vignettes to introduce.
Speaker 2: Hi, It's like, it's like you can ask Rickey Steamboat what was your what was your nickname in wrestling? And you go the whole fucking storyline. Take it out of the basement, Take it out of the basement? Can we not? Actually, Ricky? It makes me a little nervous, pal what's that amazing?
Speaker 1: There's such a such an interesting window over these wrestlers, these cameos, you know, like how they treat them, how they approach them, whether they fucking ignore them. You know, it's fascinating how long I.
Speaker 2: Went like and like Nash in his in his like twelve minute political serenade.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's the fucking kid. I don't care.
Speaker 2: He's the king and he is, he absolutely is. I will oh, I will gladly hand him money for stuff because it's always gold. It's always gold. Actually this actually it's kind of interesting. Actually have a question for him that, but we'll get to that another time, okay, because I'm very curious.
Speaker 1: Actually, now Super Crazy versus Little Guido time, Uh fine, Guido tacks Crazy from behind at the bell stall, says crazy like, I'll.
Speaker 2: Take a little Guido with cheese, please, I'll take a little Guido with cheese.
Speaker 1: Guido is a submission specialist trained by who boss Oh yeah, billiy Robinson's right, so he has u w phied shooting ability.
Speaker 2: He also is very very big fan of beings some tolls with the whip.
Speaker 1: Perversely progged by super Crazy drop down Wido goes over the top, rolls and drops an elbow to the stomach or the crotch. It's arguable, and it's a short drop kick for two, where's my pizza? Chant for Sally Gratziano and they would alway chant that for the FBI in general. Grozziano to the corner, charge backdrop to the apron, goes crazy, he based ball, slides back in and yanks Wuido.
Speaker 2: There should have been was there ever, like a a uh A faction with with in E c W. I would imagine this would have been a thing with people with just the middle initial of E.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, louis dangerously Sally Gratian. And you got Jim Barnett, isn't it Jim Barnett's is where it all comes from? Isn't that where it comes from? Yeah? James E.
Speaker 1: Cornett, James E. Barnett, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jim Z.
Speaker 1: They called him jim Z his first okay ye, So yeah, it gets the enter to the floor, Guido gets thrown into the apron and then over the railing, and then he goes over the river as well.
Speaker 2: I still don't understand how Sally Gratziano is not dead. I know, I was totally I totally thought he died, but I was confusing with big Dick Dudley. He really I would have I would imagine he'd be He would have been dead in two thousand and one. Honest, they got looking at the size of.
Speaker 1: Him somewhere covering significant surface area.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just imagine he would get smothered in cholesterol. So they're by cholesterols.
Speaker 1: We're talking like one guy just twenty dollars door dash order, eighty five dollars door dash order.
Speaker 2: You know, and and and you know. The funny thing is is that you'd think he would be someone like kind of sitting inside his house waiting to be like fed basically, but he's out the door. He's at the door, like waiting the moment that fucker comes comes there. He's like, he wants give me my fucking food. Bro, like you imagine from Taco Bell, how set I will easily. Don't they have those boxes of ten yeah? Or yeah they have like giant Yeah. He gets like easily, really think easily easily. I mean I'd say that that might be an appetizer. And then he orders like Pizza Hut or.
Speaker 1: Something west b KFCs. They're both the same brands.
Speaker 2: Oh good point, well, pizza Hut too, I think yeah, so forty taking the over.
Speaker 1: Under that's on Sally's taco bell order.
Speaker 2: Uh, taking me over.
Speaker 1: That has all heads of wrestling implications taken there. You're damn right, I'm taking the over, damn right, fucking guy man like trips game over your damn right over.
Speaker 2: Oh God, just spare on my shut up. It's so like fucking moron, fucking.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. You know, you know, when I when I first realized what that was, when you fucking taught me what over was, I have any fucking idea what he was talking about exactly. You know, like I sat there in ninety nine when he first said that, and it's like it took me. It took me two three years before I fucking realized, Oh it's a wrestling term. I get it.
Speaker 1: So clever you think it was. No one knew what the fucking talk.
Speaker 2: No one knew damn right them over. Yeah, I'm over it.
Speaker 1: Ye, Hey, you forgot one word there, A very important word. I don't know. You like his like conference with like you know, with the top button under, you know.
Speaker 2: Just like you know, there comes a point where you've got the bald guy with the beard, the beard, the fisherman's beard, and and it comes like a point where it's like something just it. It feels weird looking at him, like like I don't got the yeah for sure, and it just feels like like a giant mask, you know, like nothing about it is going out dressed as sand Sammy Patinkin for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Andy's not Sands, but.
Speaker 2: It's like all year round, he's got a fucking latex mask on his face. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: That's pretty like a misdoubt fire kind of mask, exactly.
Speaker 2: Exactly like he's if he's in a press conference where the ac is broken, all of a sudden, you seet like his eyeball drooping. Of course, I socket drooping down because his latex is melting under the.
Speaker 1: Heat, becoming problematic.
Speaker 2: Game over indeed, pass so yes brought Siano Sally Parmigano. Actually that's the wind, so actually it should be Sally Pepek parmesan What shouldn't. It's all this PVC piping doing here at Denny's. Oh just wait a minute.
Speaker 1: We're going to elevate it at a forty five degree angle and the kitchen is just gonna feed food items into the pipe and it's gonna go straight in a sal Parmegiano's face, and.
Speaker 2: Then you don't have another another pipe up his ass, so it goes right in and out, in and out right away.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a stable at New Japan Pro Wrestling called Just five Guys, and I was like, wow, they named it straight the after Sally Gratziano's diet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you can take that either two ways too. By the way, you could either take it as the Burger place or you know, basically the size of his portions he eats for five guys.
Speaker 1: And you know, Guido coming into this in the in the TV title tournament, heated so many wins, racked up back to back. The guy was on an enormous roll like Sally's Lunch.
Speaker 2: In fact, he was on such a role that Sally thought Guido was lunch. You stay on this role, buddy, and I'm gonna have to eat you manga.
Speaker 1: He gets the foot long cookie at subway.
Speaker 2: And he.
Speaker 1: And he puts the tip of the cookie on his tonsil and he takes his index finger on the other end of the cookie and he just pushes it down his tow.
Speaker 2: No cheering. It's going away. In the tunnel.
Speaker 1: It's like a woman in private parts.
Speaker 2: Throat.
Speaker 1: But he does it with a warm chocolate chip.
Speaker 2: And when it gets down, when it gets down on the end of it, it kind of, you know, it loses it's its momentum, and so it kind of squishes. And just.
Speaker 1: Hello, subway, Main Street. I get a question, Yes, can I rent out the subway for a private event? How many people are coming one?
Speaker 2: Just but for twenty?
Speaker 1: Well how many people you need working it?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 1: Just leave all the food out there.
Speaker 2: Just leave it out there. I'll clean up. Believe me, you have nothing left when I'm done. He can.
Speaker 1: It's it's his like quarterly treat, you know. When the check comes in. He rents out a subway and he draws. He dressed the blinds. He looks like it's like eight thirty at night, and like he looks out the glass door because they close for the day. He looks left to right in the parking lot and he just draws the blinds. And what goes on between eight thirty at midnight you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 2: And what's amazing is that when the when the employees come back the next morning, it is spots, spotless.
Speaker 1: No inventoryless, you know they foes and get new stuff in. But but you could fucking you could lick the floor. For some reason, it is just spot. I mean, well, he likes the ship that's on the floor, like there's there's flavor. There's there's flavoring on the floor. You know, it's good seasoning. I mean cold cuts, just like fisting them, just like a full and.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he lifts them up like buy its, you know, dangling. What's the next? Let me see what They don't make a meatball some alright, but I gotta have something war I'm heating it up.
Speaker 1: It's like eating slice of pizza while you're waiting for your dinner in the cafeteria college. You always eat a slice of pizza.
Speaker 2: Well, it's amazing I didn't. It's amazing I didn't end up his fucking size, honest to God, melted Sunday right every day. Ah Jesus Christ, I'm surprised I could. I'm surprised that my dorm bed didn't fucking collapse. I don't know after eating all that ship.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was so bad. They had no there was no regard. I mean they're vegan for some of those kids, but there was no regard for calories or anything.
Speaker 2: It was just like, well, that's it, like the moment because the moment you get in there once you because it wasn't like you paid for what you got, it was you pay to end. It's an entrance fee. Yeah, just fucking check off that thing. And then you go in there and it's like you get to eat whatever you want as long as you want.
Speaker 1: God, can you can you feel the inside of that dining room now with like that formal interior, like you know, it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can, I can right now. I think about I I I think about there. I remember one of those times you and you and I were having dinner down there, and it was really when my first experience realizing what it was like to be angry. Yeah, I remember, remember. I just remember going into UH. I was just so pissed off, like everything was fucking It was like so angry every when the people smiling, having a good time, enjoying their life. Fuck off. You don't even know what good things are, piece of ship. It's all fake. But then then we ate and.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh I feel better, like chicken patties.
Speaker 2: Chicken patties, maybe three slices of pizza and the burger and egg salad sandwich and a.
Speaker 1: Salad salad, well salad and makes it cross that off. You know that's right, cancel everything out. We have a salad. It's dessert times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really your only calories after you have the salad. So they're over the rail.
Speaker 1: Crazy pushes back here, damn right they are holy shit pushes back to guard rail because in ECW, when you dove over the rail, you just move the railing closer to the ring. So it was the same thing as a regular jump, except it was technically in the crowd because you move the rail up to the aps. So stupid, but they still talk a lot. He'll never clear it, styles, he'll never clear it, and he does with an side.
Speaker 2: As you see it's like as you get like a close up of the guys pushing the railing closer to the ring. He'll never clear. You'll never get over. He'll get over.
Speaker 1: At this point, he's going to do the shortest to side moonsalt, the least distance ever covered in the history business.
Speaker 2: Exactly, but there it is.
Speaker 1: He nails it nice pop Crazy with the ECW s at East to hear dst w T shirt when he wrestled. Sarah says, if he bucks the network anymore, the only job he'll have is when we do a remake of Chico and the Man Okay Style says, anything's possible. After Rock and Bowl, of course, that's a knock at TNN original programming that we referenced in part one, Guido comes in with a sling shot leg drop across.
Speaker 2: The Isn't that that's cheap day, isn't it? What rock and Bowl? And then rocks got a bowl? Okay of cereal rock? Yeah, kind of, I know.
Speaker 1: Super Crazy whipped to the corner, hip up in the corner, it was underneath. He climbs up, but Super Crazy cuts him off with the springboard flip power bomb. So he pulls Guido off the ropes with emphasis, and that's two to the floor they go, and Super Crazy springs off the rail and jumps into a Fuji are arm bar on the floor.
Speaker 2: Is Oh, yes he does, Yes, he does. I mean that's awesome, that was good. I'm a fan of that.
Speaker 1: He puts the arm bar on him right there on the outside, and then he drops him on the rail. Sally does drops Super Crazy on the rail back in Guido gets two cyrus, pleads with then to hook the arm bar again, but he doesn't even he mixes it up some more.
Speaker 2: I mean he talks about Guido's toughness too in regards to Billy Robinson.
Speaker 8: Guido is very very top.
Speaker 2: You don't go from training with Billy Robinson.
Speaker 1: And off be absolutely right yep, reverse whip backdrops. Super Crazy though, lends on the apron and comes outside him with a springboard, but he's cut down with a forum of Guido in midflight. That gets to and then Guido charges with a steel chair and misses Crazy gets his hands on the chair and crowns Guido with it and then does a top rope chair shot. So he goes up top with a chair and rains it down in Guido's head. That gets to Guido does what it takes to matter, does what it takes to be considered worthy and runs the race. Here and Danbury Corner, Mount Hunodos Tress. These count in Spanish when Super Crazy we do those punches.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: He does side step with the charging Sally and lays into him as well. Frank Pepe's Graziano here and Darian Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Oh you're damn right. Oh absolutely, come on, there's no chance he has Pepe is no fucking no, no, come on. Absolutely he got like he had he had.
Speaker 1: Big white box and tomato.
Speaker 2: But you know about it. It's so good. It's so good. I love I love Pepe. Been in a while. There's a have you Have you been to the one? I mean, the real one in in uh in uh new Haven. It's really good, but I mean, I I enjoy any I've gathered. Yeah, people, it tastes much different. It was so so good.
Speaker 1: Now I need one the Politana style, big fucking frosty beverage. Bring that that.
Speaker 2: I love? How simple the menu like, there's nothing, there's nothing there. It's like, you know, you have like a couple of pie options. There's not there's no other food really this salad and stuff, Yep, there's not. It's so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always know what's up. How much better things were be if every restaurant said we're gonna be known for one thing, it'd be so much better, so.
Speaker 2: Much easier, Like fucking cheesecake factory, many rights wherever.
Speaker 1: It's like mm hm, so crazy gets on sale shoulders and leaps into one of Guido's boots that gets to Sally holds him in other hooks is Guido whips him with a belt now, so they're double teaming crazy cover one two and Joey says Guido wanted an Italian deathmatch, which means anything goes. So this is notice qualification. I'm thinking, what the fuck are you talking about? Every single match in ECW is notice qualification?
Speaker 2: Was that the case?
Speaker 1: I didn't know if that case no one ever got dqued in the history of VCW. I mean maybe it happened before and someone's gonna well, actually, but you get my point. The prevailing wind was such a you know, that was something I th Doring points it out in a shoot interview. It's like, that's something's always fucked upbout ECW psychology is like, no one ever got dqued for doing the most inhumane things to each other. But when you put a submission on, you grab the rope that referee broke that fucking hold up. Every time, it's like, what are you gonna do to qualify me? There's qualification whip drop and crazy with the big leaping DDT that gets too crazy with the belt. Now he gets kicked whip is reversed and he starts Italian whipping Guido, famous for off the ropes by Guido gets too and Cyrus says, that will make you famous. So that's a shout out to Billy Gun's finisher. There, okay, Cyrus table loaded in the ring. Guido, because he's a shooter, puts crazy on a table. He climbs up mount Salsuvius as they called it when it's awful. They climbed up on Sally Gratziano and dropped an elbow and Gweed's kind of he misses questions the table. So then Sally tries to power mom, I'm super crazy, but crazy hurrican Ron is Sally. That's one thing Sally could could flip over for hurrican Ron at his size. That was a sight to see. And then he covers Guido as crazy and all that table wreckage. But that only gets too Cyrus says, what kind of to.
Speaker 2: Tall was he? How tall was Graziano?
Speaker 1: What's that again?
Speaker 2: How tall was Gratziana.
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't tell if he's really tall or if these guys are just so short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're exceptionally short, and these guys are junior heavyweight to buy most most industry definitions at the time, because he does look like a mountain compared to that right totally. And on that cell of the rana, Syrus says, what kind of torque do you need to have in your hips if you're super Crazy to get a six hundred pound man over in a hurricane rana?
Speaker 2: Well, I also wonder how much Porky had in his bill to.
Speaker 1: The corner Crazy with a kip up. Guido catches him and drives him down face first in ato the canvas for two, and then he does the moritado, which is the un prettier now it's blocked Crazy, It's a low blow and power bombs Guido onto the table wreckage, then does a springboard moon salt for the one, the two, and the three. Seven minutes forty seven seconds, Super Crazy defeats little Guido to advance to the TV tournament finals.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of action for eight minutes of time, and.
Speaker 1: I actually have to take it back. The one, two three was a totally false finish because the ref counted three, but it wasn't finished right right, and styles like starts talking about how he starts talking about Crazy is going to the finals even as they continue wrestling as if that was the finish. He just like looks through the fact that they fucked it up. Crazy picks him up then hits him with the brainbuster, because you got to add that, and that's kind of a dustiest point. You know, you went through the table, it's over. Like you don't pick a guy up from the wreckage of the table and hit him with another move. That's kind of I agree, I agree with that, but it's the brainbuster that gets the three Crazy advances. And they asked Rhino in a shoot interview with our video if he knew they were gonna put TV title on him before the tournament, and he figured Paul was gonna put a little swerve and told him the day of the show in dan Berry how it was actually all gonna play out with Crazy getting it. And he actually felt that he was kind of pissed off that they they decided the direction at the last minute because he felt given more time, him and Super Crazy could have had a better match than they do in the finals. He said, we really couldn't get together, and I was like, fuck main event in the pay per view. I just felt like the match was solid, but it wasn't you know, I didn't tell a great story. He said they had the stuff with Rob and everything at the end that was kind of you know, shoehorned in there. But he thinks they could have given the fans a better match. He was down on himself for a long time about that. Yeah, matching up with him and crazy really yeah, like still like even hates the match. Yeah, I don't know he hates it. I thought it was I think it was probably it probably was not used to having so little lead time to put a match.
Speaker 2: I like it. I didn't like it per se, but I know it wasn't that bad crazy music.
Speaker 1: He's going to advance Joey and Cyrus final match of the tournament.
Speaker 2: Like a Steve Austin type. Is he like a Steve Austin type Rhino?
Speaker 1: I don't know, no, not really. Yeah, that's like the only time the match that I've seen that I heard in the interview. But this, you know, Steve will shit on matches that his career is most celebrated.
Speaker 2: For, right exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I was wondering, if like that this isn't a match that fin I was most celebrated for. Though, I have to say, I'm not sure what's on that short list, but not that he's bad. He's a good worker on stuff. But I just I don't know what is the best rhino match.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You know, that's kind of there are some wrestlers like that, they're really solid. But yeah, you struggled to him a great match they've ever had, you know, Like to me, I think of his greatest match is one he's not even really in, which.
Speaker 2: Is the uh running.
Speaker 1: So Joey tells us that the CCWVD game is the first one rated M for mature, and then he says, look how real this video game is. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Oh it's awful.
Speaker 1: They show gameplay styles versus Cyrus. You could play as Joey styles.
Speaker 2: And the I guess, I guess what's real is that there's blood in it, which is like every wrestling game has blood.
Speaker 1: And they had the fans chinning E c W constantly in the game, and they show Style's elbow them off the top.
Speaker 2: Rod did you say, did you say you played it or you had played it?
Speaker 1: I didn't have it. Yeah, it was exactly what I was wat was like as soon as I started playing it's like, oh my god, this is the exact same thing that the games.
Speaker 2: Used to be. So I hated it, hated it. I hated those. Yeah, it was so like derivative, you know. It's like it was so hard to like. It was like you really get bored with it pretty quickly. There was no you know, there was nothing you could really do with it. You couldn't have really good matches and you couldn't you couldn't like create storylines or anything like that exactly actually build programs like fucking no. Mercy was so great at that.
Speaker 1: Oh right, that was the difference with WF copied the ww game engine. It was like, yes, that's a game engine worth copying.
Speaker 2: That's a step up. This is a game engine that nobody asked for, right, yeah, exactly, nobody asked for it. Nobody a sequel, yep.
Speaker 1: So then we flash forward and bals mahone's in the ring. If you're watching Peacock, they skip us some stuff and uh, because he had the proprietary music as well, Kintaro Kennemora from Japan had come in with flames on his vest. This is over and an instant. I don't know what this is about. They say balls turning from Japan, he has living dangerously in his chair. He would often write the pay per view logo or draw the paper view logo on his chairs. Cyrus sy Joey is wasting the company's money to put himself over by constantly going into these monologues and also by showing the footage of himself beating up Cyrus on the video game. He considers that misuse of company.
Speaker 2: Finds maybe not wrong.
Speaker 1: So Kennamora sits across balsim Mahone's neck in the middle rope and it's a dropkick from the apron an outside. In Splash for two, Kenamora gets up hi sent on backsplashed by the Japanese competitor that gets too.
Speaker 2: Don't even fucking know what the hell's going on.
Speaker 1: He Namo charges him a spinebuster. They called it the ball breaker. I guess corprop frog splashed by balls gets too. He climbs again, gets cut off, superplexed by Kanamora hard chair to the head and Balls flips him off, dodges a chair shot whip reversed, Balls pulls him into a short arm clothes line, and then kennamar takes a crazy inside out bump Balls grabs him in the Nutcracker sweet on a chair one two three, It's over. I swear to god, that's it. It's uh oh was the point of that minute fifty eight? I have no idea why they bothered, no clue. There's probably some story, maybe Paul's flipping the bird to Japan. You know, it didn't take much for Paul to feel like you weren't properly reciprocating. I don't know if I was Cannamora. I fool all the way over there, and this was the finish I got, like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So yeah, like this just seems like a complete waste of time.
Speaker 1: It's just a lightning fast match to get the new Jack angle going, and this is that fateful part of the show. So the ball these hit the ring, slide in total Angel Vic Rimes and they start attacking the money. They pancake him, Balls nearly lands on his head. They almost totally overrotate him and drop him on his fucking dome. Divid know an Angel, the Kingpin, the king of the streets. They placed him on a table on the outside. Grimes climbs to the top rope and does a front flip off the top end of the aisleway through a table.
Speaker 2: So I guess this is a Danbury, Connecticut peace street fight.
Speaker 1: Yes, the main streets. And so now Balls is taken out by the Baldi's And yeah, like I said, if you're watching it on Peacock, all of a sudden, the worst fucking generic movie music you've ever heard takes over. But this is what it sounded like at the time in real time.
Speaker 12: The four hundred pounder he called himself to see dropped another the authors for rimes.
Speaker 1: It is Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: That's what expecting again everything now.
Speaker 6: He won't Jim stand new job.
Speaker 1: Jake's here when he came to a.
Speaker 2: Playing the boy start to do where your moment w get the prison coming back.
Speaker 5: It's like as a federal prison, not to flu like you take a Yeah he's gonna fail that.
Speaker 12: Can't we go do?
Speaker 6: Taking the.
Speaker 2: Can you check you're taking the bookies?
Speaker 1: Not playing his out.
Speaker 2: T mint after the flocks.
Speaker 4: Do not.
Speaker 6: Like he doesn't hamercause you don't like a railroads.
Speaker 2: And it chock bringing up who woos bringing right up?
Speaker 1: Hook here? Oh my, he puts a PlayStation Ontovito's balls and then smacks it with a crutch or a chair.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: So he comes out with the trash can full of all kinds of ship guitars, crutches and the Federal prison stuff. So yeah, that that's kind of the song that would play on Loop the whole time.
Speaker 2: I just don't yeah, okay, I mean it's cool. It's a cool thing from to come out to that, and the pop was amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. On the show, people just sat there waiting, you know, for that to hit, Like when Corino and that clip he was sucking by. It's either Danny Taz is going to come out to kill you, or it's that beginning sound of a bullet racing and Jack's coming. So he strums a guitar and crowns Angel with it. Grimes of Blindside Nwjack though he has a pizza cutter in his hand, but that's.
Speaker 2: Nothing unusual for VIC rimes. It's very true, probably from pep Base as well.
Speaker 1: This is indeed Dan Break Connecticut street fight. We're told new jackets crimes with a snowshovel, crimes with a low blow and throws Jack out of the ring and clothes lines them off the apron into the crowd. They go here we go, Beers thrown at their heads, these fans trying to tap up new jack as they wade.
Speaker 2: Through the people. You know what I hate about. One of the real things I hate about fights into the crowd. Mostly neither guys are concerned with whether they get hit or not by the fans and like no by each other.
Speaker 1: I know, they just like trade.
Speaker 2: They just kind of like right, they just kind of like walk and allow themselves to be hit, where I would be more interested in some guy running away, yeah, you know, and trying to get away from holl for some reason. Moving Like yeah, they're always moving in there, and they're walking at like kind of a slow pace. But it's like it just looks so phony iop it.
Speaker 1: Crowd brawling.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I think it's always so shitty when it's done.
Speaker 2: I mean, there have been times it's been done well, although I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, but I know I've enjoyed some of them, Like I think I enjoyed rock in Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeh at, Yeah, Austin had that brawling team and that's Downtown with science in his title, like he.
Speaker 2: He he was good with it. But it's really it's it's it's yeah, like when you start doing the it just looks lazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it does, and it is by the way, Yeah, you get a rise out of the crowd. You have to do anything for like twenty minutes, and it's done too often, like it's too formula a part of shows now and then you've got security parting the red seas so you don't even get that crazy visual of the fans all over the wrestlers. It's like really really contrived. Anyway, these guys are walking to the gallows. Basically, it's I'm watching this thing. I'm like, these guys have no idea that they're slow walking to their death. Basically, yes, so Grimes is attacking him with the with a stanchion, taking forever out and the people. He arranges the tables just so at the bottom of the scaffolding. Grimes didn't didn't this guy marry Elon Musk Anyway, New Jack ran the razor for some reason. He's got a bleed in the middle of all this, even though right there's all this other ships.
Speaker 2: That happen, Like why why do you get a bleed too? Like what happens He's laid out on the table.
Speaker 1: Grimes puts a table on top of the other with new Jack sandwiched in between, and new Jack starts to stir as Grime starts to climb the scaffolding and he starts climbing up the other side, and instead of climbing down when he realizes Jack is.
Speaker 2: Coming up, he keeps going up. Yep, And guess what, you know, you know what, here's what Cyrus says about that.
Speaker 1: Oh he just got even a glimpse of that annoying music right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the ratings, all right, but raperview Cyrus, that's right, I know, Like I was like, I don't I don't know if I can be proven per se.
Speaker 1: But okay, just as they get to the top, they take a faraway shot and it looks horrifying, as you can tell, they're trying to position themselves way higher than they have any right to be. Grant Grimes is standing uneasy, nothing under their feet if they take the wrong step, nothing, and it's just.
Speaker 2: Like it's just so it's unnecessarily risky, and it just looks awful. It's like it's like just basically because there's no there's no pinache to it.
Speaker 1: It's like walking into the electric chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's like it's like in city, It's like you're on a diving board and you just walk off the board.
Speaker 1: Well, there may not be to it, but as far as Vick Rhymes goes, there is ghanash true. I wonder what he celebrated with. Well, probably one of those fucking like you know, colossal Sundays at friendlies afterwards, Oh for sure. So Grime sets himself up. New Jack has climbed up to him.
Speaker 2: And I fucking love those goddamn sundays and probably yeah, you and me and friends just took me back. That just took me back.
Speaker 1: So Grimes is thinking power bomb up there, But no, it's blocking. These guys can barely move. They're pretending like they're trying to do moves to each other, but they can't move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't do anything. It's too yep.
Speaker 1: So there's a nuts shot. You can tell they're talking. They're having a full dialogue up there as new Jack is you know, talked about. They're discussing how to do this thing and whether they should they stand there and new Jack takes a step backwards, a perilous step backwards so that he's on the other side of the scaffold from on another beam of the scaffold from Grimes. Grimes turns like no, just turn around.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Jack looks behind him, like you said, looks down at the tables, and it.
Speaker 2: Just goes dooks. He doesn't jump, he just falls yep, like nothing happened. There's no reason for him to have fallen, no.
Speaker 1: Reason at all. And he's holding the Crimes shirt as he's falling, and it pulls a little bit. But as we said, Grimes, instead of rocking forward with the momentum, goes pulls back for a second and then does a front flip, and that differential is enough to cause Grimes to land on top of Jack instead of next to him. Oh and it's just you just can't believe they did it, Like you just can't believe that they went all the way up there and then just jumped and landed on the concrete, Like, what the fuck is going on here? I know, what was your plan? You know, what was your plan? How do you jump from that high and land on the concrete and not die? I'm serious, I mean, that's that is the truth. No, Like you look at it like a second story window or something, or a third story window in a building. You're like, I would die if I jump down here, and these guy's fucking I don't know if it's that high, but.
Speaker 2: Yep, oh my god, well fifteen feet fifteen feet high.
Speaker 1: I mean, Grimes is front flipping just into the air. He's no idea where he's gonna land, no clue.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, he could he could have. He could have fucking landed on his ass and like completely shattered his tailbomb. No fucking idea how they were going to land and do that chance c W rabidly, of course they do. Did they have what they want to see? New Jack? Of course? Out of his nose? Listen, listen, all right, every single person in this audience kind of want to see someone die when they come to NCW show. Okay, like you don't want to see someone die, but what a story would be. But it'd be pretty cool if it happened.
Speaker 1: And the possibility of it happening is you know, a bigger part of the reason you bought that ticket than you would admit.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: And this is the closest I think they ever got to it, And the tone changes immediately from the announcers, Cyrus gets a little serious. I'm a little bit concerned here, Joey, he says. They come over to the ground, and security does and get Grimes to his feet, but nothing from new Jack and and styles know that this is right away on the replay. Well he actually even before the replay was able to appreciate that Grimes had landed on Newjack when you first watch it, not knowing, I think you don't necessarily know he lands on his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I no, you don't.
Speaker 1: He just kind of lands, you know, he lands awkwardly on top of him, but you don't really appreciate the head part of it. And we cut the hands high and fist pumping all around the all around the corpses or new Jack's corpse in particular, and I thought.
Speaker 2: This was like this, dude, they're just again the sadistic, the blood the bloods. Yeah, like I just.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know if I ever really hopelessly addicted to holy shit moments, right, and it really it kind of hurts my soul a little bit, believe it or not.
Speaker 4: E C.
Speaker 2: Dub and it's listen not a fan. E C. Dub, No, thanks, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it so much. Now this is a big thing. It's missing because of the dubbed over music on Peacock. This is like perverse ECW poetry here. Yeah, as new Jack is laying there and he having suffered this, this horrific uh splatter against Vic Grimes, they hit the point someone, oh where this wrings out over the building as he lies there on the brink of death.
Speaker 2: You're just moving. He come from above, forty.
Speaker 1: Beat up and it comes.
Speaker 5: I'm a.
Speaker 1: Flaming on top of.
Speaker 2: D Oh my god, I want to.
Speaker 1: I don't wanna you heard I don't want to die.
Speaker 2: Die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as he's dying, they're dying. I thought that was crazy when I first saw that. That is pretty fucking crazy rhymes being let out by security, you know, with his arms around their shoulders, barely able to stand. But it doesn't stop Vic Rimes from pumping his fist like trump after he got shot. That was a big part of the heat. We cut away to Joey and Cyrus on pay per view. They plugged the dates again in the merch catalog and all that they say do Jack has basically been crushed. Joey conflates Laurie's kfebe hospitalization with New Jack's forthcoming hospitalization.
Speaker 2: Just fucking looking at Don Callus makes me angry. Stupid face like this fucking and it's like his beak of a note.
Speaker 1: They sing the word tremendous. Ah, it's tremendous.
Speaker 2: God, he's such a fucking asshole.
Speaker 1: He touches the mic and aw they boo for like ten minutes. They don't let him talk. I let him say a single word, and he's just like he's so, he's so, he's such a plump, like he's not fat, you know, he's like he's.
Speaker 2: No, he's like he's he's like he's got like that kind of he looks like a like a bird, like a frumpy bird man Like, like he looks like one of those birds that has kind of a you know, he's like a pigeon. Really, that's what he is. He's a he's a he's a pigeon. He's a fucking like you look at him and you're just disturbed, you know, like he's weird because he's got like long torso but short legs and a long dome fucking long head. Like just remember them. TV showed the head that's him totally.
Speaker 1: He's got like Marge Simpson's.
Speaker 2: Right, it's just it's just it's skin and bone.
Speaker 1: I don't know what your problem about. He's easy on the eye as far as I'm concerned. Oh my god, he's the guiding hand, the invisible hand, he tells himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, invisible hand up. Miasm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think this is the closest we've ever gotten to a moment, akin to when Bill Mercer equates the death in real life of Gino Hernandez with another tragedy, the blindness of Chris Adams, which is a total work. When Joey Styles, in the same so somber tone of voice talks about Lori Fullington's hospitalization after the work dangle and now New Jack's medical emergency as well, puts him on the same keel there for a moment, the same you're talking about matches to come, and Styles points out Rob van Dam was twenty three months television champion before he was stripped by Cyrus and the network, and Cyrus said, RVD broke his leg. I want what's good for the people, and the ECW TV title had to be defended on television and it wasn't being so he's the director, he says. Director, he says among his titles are the director of Fan Improvement for the network. That is funny.
Speaker 2: That's all right, I'll take that improvement. Are you improving fans?
Speaker 1: Well, TNT thinks it has to improve the fans instead of the show. I can imagine. Hey, I agree, that was a big bishof thing. Remember we're going to improve the fans by hiring models to sit there and hiring people that look like their hip to sit in the front row at these shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, when you start, when you start hiring people to watch your show, there's a you're starting to lose something, something's missing.
Speaker 1: They cut out just incredibles entrance on Peacock, he came out to prongs.
Speaker 2: I knew they cut out something. I knew they cut out something. It was very a very abrupt right cut it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Storm is suddenly in the ring with the mic, but Credible came out to prongs, snap your finger, snap your neck, which is which is a pretty heavy fucking metal song. Back then, so Storm with the mic, He says, where ready to take out Dreamer and Tanaka and they don't have our belts? Awesome Raven, you you do get your ass out here. We want the belts back, and they have a fake come out and play by offspring song for Raven and Raven an awesome fire out of the back and we're underway. And as far as Raven's position of the company, just quickly from Scott Williams book on ECW, Raven said that, contrary to what Hayman some others in and around the company thought, he had not intended simply to wait out his no compete and then bolt to the WWF at this point in time. When he signed back up at the ECW in August of nineteen ninety nine, Raven had intended to stay. I thought ECW was going to go places with them getting TNN, he said. I didn't realize Paul. He was so burnt out. My drug use had gotten bad by then too. When Paul took it as me not caring, in my mind, I thought that Paul was fumbling the ball, and I thought if he didn't give a shit, then I wasn't going to give a shit. That doesn't mean I was going to go out there and just lay down, because I'd never do that. But there's a definite difference between bringing your A game and bringing your B game. So this is a Raven's B game if you're keeping score at home, Okay, sure nothing. An addict loves more than like to say, oh well he doesn't care, then fuck it. I'm we went high again, Like they're sitting there waiting for someone to like not you know what I mean? That was separate so they can go get fire up again?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Raven an Awesome ber A Storm Incredible versus dreaming Er Tanaka, a three way for the tag titles is up next year at Living Dangerously, Mike Still with his ECW title on, lifts Landstorm to a stout power bomb and Raven tosses Just Incredible out of the ring. Mike Austin clear is the top rope with a big plancha down onto the floor and to Just Incredible and Jason who was the third man UH in the Impact players UH saved by him reaching out at the very last second. Mike Austin would have had a nasty landing. Indeed, if a Credible didn't make that adjustment, or maybe it was Jason Gas the credit for catching Awesome. Anyway, Raven with a drop toe hold into the chair.
Speaker 2: It's pretty crazy, like like what the like, what the fuck? Like, that's just it's insane.
Speaker 1: That Dive was Undertaker Dives twenty five. Yeah, yeah, it's an incredible launch.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think awesome is a really it's it's it's it's too bad he never really there was so much potential there. I agree with him, and he never really got a chance to to kind of establish himself on on a grander stage.
Speaker 1: Paul was going for it with him, you know, but he just he it wasn't getting paid, so fuck that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I know, And that's the thing of like just a shame. It's a shame. A ww didn't know what to do with him. I mean, he's just so easy to book. It's just so simple, Like he bring him in as a fucking powerhouse totally, because the thing, the beauty of it is is that because he's so quick, he's so agile, it's a great way to you can book him in a way. They could have booked him so that he comes in like like a powerhouse and you know, he does like your typical powerhouse things and you kind of see him squash jobbers or something like that, and then all of a sudden he does something remarkable like this launch over the top rope, and it's like, holy shit, you know, like you establish him, you can you can really change. Change is the perception of him by starting him off as something kind of basic and and and run of the mill. But then it's kind of all of a sudden, Yeah, he's writing people around. He's clearly a powerhouse. And then his time goes You're like this guy can do everything. Yeah, yeah, and then he fucking does a shooting start press and bracesn exactly Raven.
Speaker 1: With a drop to hold into the steel chair, does the snot rag spot he used to do. Now more fake music becomes Tommy Dreamer, not to Allison chains Man in the box. Unfortunately on Peacock, Dreamer and Tanaka fire out of a locker room and he DDT's Raven for two does Dreamer. Maka and Mike Awesome comes up and lifts and sits out with a power bomb on Tanaka as they always used to do. That gets to Tanaka and Awesome in the ring mixing it up is to knock a mose him down with Larry Atto Storm of Incredible now onto Masado Tanaka. They lift him up and Storms drop kicks them off of a credible lift. So it's like the heart attack, but instead of a clothesline, it's a drop kick and a nod to uh sure, Storm's Calgary brethren, and that gets a two on Tanaka. We now have a pure six brawl here in Danbury. Dreamer drops Raven, Storm is tossed to the floor credible two by Masado Tanaka, and then Raven and Dreamer have some shine spots in the ring. Dreamer hits a bulldog. There's the folding chair, incredibles rammed into it. A table gets loaded into the ring, and Raven does a bulldog bulldog's Dreamer into the corner of the table, which is interesting, like instead of going through the table, yeah, breaks off the end of him. Yeah, that's kind of cool. I'll craple off. I'm not sure they even did it on purpose. Awesome then nail storms back with a chair and then Raven does a drop to hold on Dreamer into the corner of the table is mentioned, and that gets a two count. Awesome comes in and cuts down to knock up the clothes line style says Awesome and Raven were brought together due to their hatred of Dreamer in Tanaka. This odd couple getting an explanation there tables cornered Awesome with Tanaka. He lifts he's gonna power bomb him into the leaned up table, but Tanaka drops down to save his ass, ducks clothes line backdrop driver sends Awesome flying into the table in the corner. That gets a light easy dub chant and then to knock A signals that he's gonna hit hit him in with the elbow, drop the elbow pad, but he ducks a mic Awesome clothes line and then a roaring elbow by beside out. Tanaka drops Mike Awesome and he covers the world champion one two three, Masi up to Knocka pins Mike Awesome, which tells you they were gonna buid towards these two going for the belt again. Yeah, if Awesome hadn't bolted.
Speaker 2: And I'm okay with that. Get Raven out of my fucking TV fast.
Speaker 1: As we know in trouble thread environments, in easy dub three way dances, it's elimination style. So this simply means that we will have new champs Raven and uh uh sorry Yeah, Raven and Mike Ausame are gone now and we go to the remaining teams. Just Incredible and Lance Storm versus Tommy Dreamer to knock. A Credible comes in and smacks to knock upside the head with the Singapore Cane and the Impact players double team Dreamer and the corner. Dreamer has bladed for the industry as well, so we've got color and yet another match here incredible with the whipon to boot and no DDT while swinging in the air. That gets too incredible with this just incredible of the original George s guy. Yeah, the first coming of John Cena is Tommy Hill Austin.
Speaker 2: Austin was a George guy too, That's true. Tag to tag.
Speaker 1: Lance Storm comes in with the job breaker and a great dropkick for two. They're holding open Tommy Dreamer for a just incredible slap and now we need to tag for some reason. Suddenly the rules apply and we have to have legal men. I know, I don't get it makes no sense. Dreamer worked over in the corner. A Credible pulls Dreamer out of the corner where that power bomber used to do where you're like on your back and he lifts you up and drops and.
Speaker 2: And here's what I think is hilarious. The Dreamer then slaps the mat like he has more energy than a fucking child, right, But he doesn't run and make the tag. He just slaps the mat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he didn't have to tag. It's easy, dub, Well, just don't blame the guy.
Speaker 2: Certainly does, but like, why don't you fucking instead of if you're if you're hurting and you've been being beaten on, but you have enough energy to fucking slap the mat after you get power bombed, but you can't go over and make the tag.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, It's just it's it's it's stupid. Yeah. It always kind of fell apart when they do these multiple mans because it was like, I mean, they'd be good and entertaining and stuff, but it's like you had to just like throw your idea of wrestling out of the window and just sit there and watch the chaos because if you try to actually like follow who's gonna who win and who loss, it was like there'd be pinfalls and no one would pop. It would be like what that's why did that move?
Speaker 4: Do him?
Speaker 1: Like we just saw something so much more violent ten minutes ago that wasn't the finish and there's like a small package or a DDT that finishes it. I was always overthing ECW. I feel like, so Dreamer dodges Incredible accidentally super kicked his own partner land Storm, and then Dreamer ddts him and Tanaka comes in. Dreamer tags Tanaka, who comes in swinging on every one, hits a blue thunder driver on Lance Storm for two. Whip is reversed and Tanaka kicks catches a lariat. Jason comes into double lift, double stunner from Tanaka and Dreamer the cover, but Credible makes the absolutely credible purchase. Dreamer up in a piggyback position and beside out Tanaka with a diamond cutter, flying off the ropes, taking Storm off of Dreamer's shoulders and planting him into the canvas face first one two, very close near fall, Like, why does Tommy Dreamer have color in this match?
Speaker 2: What is the point? What is the point of Tommy Dreamer?
Speaker 1: Quarter mountain, quarternmount punches now by the baby faces just Incredible throws to Knaka out of the ring, and then.
Speaker 2: You know you mentioned it before, but this is the first time I mentioned it in uh In on the show, but the impact of the mat is insanely crazy.
Speaker 1: They used to mic those mats up, but when you got house shows, it was the same thing. That have big speakers and that have the mics under the ring, and it was like the noise of the ring wouldn't just happen at the locus of the ring, it would travel like a promo sound into the people. Yeah, they were very That was a key part of ECW was micing that ring in that way. It always sounded like that when they took bumps. And then Tommy Dreamer gets him up for the Spacoli driver, but smacked just incredible hits him in the head with a cane, and then Storm hits the reverse DDT but that only gets two. Tanaka then hits the diamond dust which is like the flipping stunner on an unsuspected him in the.
Speaker 2: Head with a Glenn Jacobs.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: You hit him and hit him in the head with a Glenn Jacobs.
Speaker 1: A dustin diamond and then Storm pile drives Kaka, and then Dreamer tries pile driver, but justin credible hits him with one of the tag belts in the face. Spike Pile Driver by Justin Credible in a cover by Lance Storm. One two and three, nine minutes and six seconds, the Impact Players defeat Mike Awsome and Raven and Tommy Dreamer and Masato Tanaka to become new ECW World Tag Team Champions. Here at Living Dangerously two thousand, Cyrus totally marks out to the Impact Players, getting the straps back because they are network approved.
Speaker 2: I'm over this show, Don.
Speaker 1: Marie and Jason out to celebrate. Belts hoisted, Cyrus jumps out of the ring and embraces his fellow Canadian, Lance Storm and the kiss up to the network spineless Windbag Styles calls them and Cyrus grabs the mic as Don Marie's bouncing up and down and says, I'm here to tell you the network very much approves of the new ECW Tag Team Champions, and there's hugs with Don Brie. They shake Jason's hand and they say the word of the Stream Championship Wrestling is finally right again tonight. The Impact Players the greatest team in network in ECW history, and they've delivered the goods for myself and for the network, and of course the tag belts were swiftly vacated in April when Mike Awesome leaves town. The titles were vacated after Just Incredible threw down the belt right before he challenged Tommy Dreamer and became ECW World Champion at the Arena, and it was it was a point of friction for ECW fans because the title was just I mean literally that the tag title Reign of Credible and Storm ended because Just Incredible just threw the belt down and didn't care about it anymore. He didn't lose it. There was there was nothing. There's no like formal stripping or anything. It was kind of a this isn't going nowhere because of the chaos caused by Mike Ausam's departure.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: And now, just to cap off the night's proceedings and to make a very very happy network executive Cyrus says, I'm gonna sit here at ringside and watch well, the network's hand pick successor to Rob Van Dam wins the ECW television title. He introduces Ryano to the people, the network's favorite, and the man monster Rhino comes out. This was Rhino with an I, not Rhino with a Y, as WW would name him God knows what reason that that was.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't come up with it. Yeah, I don't, wasn't wasn't. I feel like JR. May like I feel like he was. Rhino was one of those guys where he uh JR. Was would go on the Ross Report blog there and he would talk about how we got Rohino coming in, but he won't be known as Rhino when he comes to WWE. Oh really, I don't remember something like that he was. He used to always do that with a bunch of guys where he'd like say, you know, you know, you know him as this, but he's not going to be that when he comes when he comes to work, when he ends up here, he said the same thing. But see him punk once.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, that's one thing you've got me on the Ross Report. I used to there was periods when I would read it, but I don't remember. I don't know the recall of it.
Speaker 2: That you do to me. That was my news, That's where I got it. That was news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why he did it. And Sarah says, uh, isn't Rhino going to look good with that East w television title around? His ways to Kerno comes out with Jack Victor Lie. Sarah says, what the network wants is what the network gets, and I personally don't give a rats ask whether you like it, whether that is it, Hayman likes it. The fact is, when the network wants something, by god, Rhyano, the network gets it, and I don't care who likes it. And Polly he says, I'm so motherfucking sick of the goddamn network.
Speaker 2: He here he comes, the old thing, for here he comes, he comes out this whole fucking, this whole fucking thing.
Speaker 4: Who likes that?
Speaker 9: And who.
Speaker 1: Damn fucking that work?
Speaker 9: Here comes the boss a CW owner and executive producer, Pull Haymond, and can you appreciate that?
Speaker 12: It's like the man on TNN. I thought it was the greatest fucking thing that ever happened me c W. What till I learn that we had a deal with a fucking.
Speaker 2: Asshole like you?
Speaker 6: Don't make me come down there with Ryo Hayman.
Speaker 2: Why you old it quite going down my fucking air?
Speaker 6: What big boy?
Speaker 1: I want no problems with you.
Speaker 2: I want no problem with you.
Speaker 5: You've got a problem too, late, Hurtner, With all due respect, you've got a show to run. And I have some un in his business with that asshole Joe Cooder.
Speaker 6: Watch about IRA's your teeth out one more time, fat man.
Speaker 5: I think I echo the sentiments of Paul Hayman and everybody involved with ECW when I say we're tired of your network, this network that, and tonight, Cyrus you go down, your man goes down, and the network goes down.
Speaker 2: Right fucking good stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he said fucking, because if he didn't say fucking, it would have been the shits.
Speaker 2: I just it's so it's so contrived. It's them trying to make this feel like a main event when it's not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, they're like dressing it up with all this. You notice how like they they try to almost merge the two matches, the tag title match in this one, to like it's a continuous segment. It's like a continuous shot in a film. Yeah right, it's it's to distract from the fact that if they let everyone cool down and then Super Crazy and Rhino just came out to the ring, people like, really, this is the main event, but here it's like this, it's like the main event started and you don't even realize it. And you're actually reacting to people who are over they can cut promos on like a Rhino, I'm super crazy. So it's not it's not it's not a great place to be, but they they it's it's just like I I.
Speaker 2: You know, it's that it's that kind of thing where they're they're making like stuff that's not wrestling into the storyline, and it's like, you know what, why what we want?
Speaker 1: Rarely wrestlers are trying to win the title because there's a lot of money there and that's the fucking thing. That's what they're there to do. There's no mind paid to the superstructure of the thing. You know, we don't need to hear about Roger good L during an NFL game, We don't need to hear about Stern during any game.
Speaker 2: Just stop right.
Speaker 1: So Crazy versus Rhino may event time style screaming. Rhino represents TN the network. He was a hand chosen successor to RVD. Keep driving that home. Super Crazy comes in with a springboard drop kick on Rhino and clears Malino with a flip dive, jumping over the referees back to the floor onto Rhino with a plancha back in corner to corner. Whit Crazy with the middle rope moon Salt, but it gets caught and Rhino sits out with it to no reaction whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Style says the lasting ECW needs from that overbearing network TNN is to have our TV title. So there's quite a bit on the line here. Irish Whip. Super Crazy holds on in a backdrop attempt. Rhino goes to the apron, the right hand is blocked and Super Crazy kind of like forces him off. We want Sandman chance start breaking out.
Speaker 2: That's not going to happen. Well it actually it is. It does, but you know it's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: They can predict it almost. Yeah, Super Crazy planches whips reverse. Crazy goes over the rail on the outside of the ring and then Rhino positions a table. He loads Crazy back in hits a suplex for two. That table come into play later Irish Whip. He lifts Crazy high and Crazy crashes into the canvas. Rhino then with a gorilla press and drops Super Crazy over the top rope, face first down to the floor on to the fucking table. Not a pleasant ride, and that gets an my God from Joey and Easy Dup chants all around. Ryder lifts him. You think he's gonna press him in the ring, and he just walks over and throws him.
Speaker 2: Out of the ring. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Rya rolls him back in for a cover that only gets too Rhino with a power bomb.
Speaker 2: It's just say it's not super crazy, but it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: He does a Dean malinko Wes power bomb, stack up baby one two not enough style, says that he's not the object.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: Something he does not want the network I holding the title under any circumstances. I oh yeah, he admits, I'm not going to be objective here. You know, I have a rooting interest. Run Up positions the table up in the corner. He goes for power bomb, but super Crazy lands on his feet, shot under the corner, kip up, Rhino charges ye super Crazy gets out of the way and Rhino goes the table under the leap front. He's super Crazy Crazy then climbs the opposite corner, does a soaring cross body block, but that only gets two. Crazy then charges and Rhino chops him down with the clothesline. Steve Corino's out there getting heat on the outside of the ring. All kinds of help for this one, all kinds of supporting cast Yep, everyone's working all the time, Rhino.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Crazy rolls all the way through until he finds a d DT in mid motion.
Speaker 2: That was a cool spot.
Speaker 1: And then he goes first, second, and third turn buckle for that triple moon salt. But for some reason when he gets to the top, rh Rhino pulls on the ropes. I guess, I don't know, and Crazy lands to Jerry, gets in the ring, blows miss and super Crazy's face kicks him in the head. Does that seated dropkick he used to do, and Crazy does the great cell where he's on his knees and he leans all the way back while still on his knees.
Speaker 2: Is that a great Oh? Yeah, I still love it all He would.
Speaker 1: Work with the Jerry table loaded into the ring, Crazy tied up in a tree of woe to Jerry. Another great spot. They did running dropkick to the face, the exposed face. I don't know how crazy he pulled that off.
Speaker 2: It looked like you fucking killed him. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I think it was dooring somebody shoot interview said like he didn't get it either, un till he actually went in there and really and and took the kick and he realized, like what it is to Jerry does to subtly at that last minute not kick your fucking face in. But he didn't explain it, but he said he understood it. You know, at first he didn't get how he could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, and then Rhino gore super crazy as well after the other kick, the drop kick from to Jerry, and then the music hits and Rob Van Dam runs out there we go on the shoulders of Scotty Antony k. Scotty Riggs got the football jersey on.
Speaker 2: I can't if I didn't see that. I think that's hilarious that I missed that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there he is, and again he's got the football jersey on. I think it's like the arena football jersey of Bobby Duncan junior. He played some kind of semi pro football And that was the bit of a tribute there from r VD and Riggs, in a shoot interview with our video remembers the first time he sat down and uh talked with Hayman and stuff. He pulls them in there. Tommy Dreamer was wanting to be part of the dangerous Alliance. So I take that back. It wasn't Dooring. I'm sorry. It wasn't Dooring that was supposed to play the Rick Rude in the in the Dangerous Alliance or the New Dangerous Alliance. It was Scotty that Dreamer proposed to.
Speaker 2: That's fucking gross.
Speaker 1: And that's where Rob came in van dam and said, no, I want to do this. It's Scottie. We're best friends. Anyway, let's play off that. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no. He wants him to do all this stuff with him. We can introduce him to the people, bring him in so he's not just off the cuff coming in here, establish him a bit with somebody like an RVD. So this is all Rob's idea, and Riggs gives him major prots. We wanting to do something with him because it established him huge word out of the gate in ECW give him shot to the you know, the main event picture. Paul sat him down and said, well, we got to come up with something that's going to be good for your personality. It can be a little hokey, but I want you to do the clap. I want you to do the American Males clap. I want you to have got That's what I said. Yeah, he couldn't get that out of his head. That is like an STD gimmick or what now. They played out the American males and they wanted to do the clap. And it can be a huge it can be huge. It's a baby face thing. But being as you're a heel, when you start doing it as a heel, it's gonna be your arrogance comes across by what you've what you're doing thinking it's the coolest thing to do the clap. But if you're a heel, and that's gonna drive people fucking crazy, you're like an asshole for doing the clap. That was Paulheman psychology and the whole thing, which makes sense. It works for the audience, same thing like Austin did when he came in and Pillman. So I could do these gimmicks. It's like, we all know what I did in w W was the shits. You know, Cactus kind of did it too. We all know it was awful, so let's all have fun making fun of it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so mmmmmmm, And he gives a credit for the creativity the whole thing. Okay, And and and the mapped out plan. So yeah, RVD comes out, he's got the walking boot on, still gets in the ring with the crutch and sweatpants, and their RVD chants are big, and Riggs clears out to Jerry out of the ring, and Bill Alfonso is in there and crack Rhino comes across the back with a chair shot. Rhino ducks. RVD lifts him up and drops Rhino and pancakes him through the table.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who does this?
Speaker 1: Rhino ducks, RVD lifts and drops Rhino. Rhino goes through the table somehow did already pick him up?
Speaker 2: No? He I mean, I don't remember. It was all chaos and I was really just trying to get through the fucking whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Rhino goes through the table after failing to neutralize RVD, and then that sets up Crazy doing the three moon salts, or he just just does one. I think in this case, he does one moon salt onto Rhino in the table wreckage and gets the one, the two, and the three. Seven minutes fifty seven seconds, fifty six seconds super Crazy to eat Rhino to win the ECWTV Title Tournament and win the championship, Styles says the yes yes, yes, just like Cyrus did when the Impact Players won the tax Straps and they announce it. But as soon as he does, Rhino takes takes him, takes him out. RVD, Riggs gets in there with Rhino. He gets Gord as well. Now the jury and Krino in there.
Speaker 2: It's a big down.
Speaker 1: Rhino body slams RVD and his death in his damage state to Jerry goes after it too that we want Sandman chance start to re intensify and the music hits. Everyone stops, c Iris bail. Sandman comes out through the crowd, goes after Rhino with the cane, hoists it to a big pop. RVD gets back up, super crazy hoist the TV title. For our closing image, Sandman brings a six pack in the ring. He says, kill that song and he hands Scotti a beer, RVD a beer, and RVD makes the hand motion like he wants to smoke a blunt with him and that gets a pop. Alfonso gets one too, and yeah, yeah, they replay all the stuff that had happened, but the closing visual is super crazy. Celebrating with the TV championship is Sandman, RVD and the rest of the crew pop Bruce Kis and that's living dangerously two thousand. I felt like we lived dangerously for way more than we bargained.
Speaker 2: For and just totally unacceptable.
Speaker 1: So I look forward to you pulling another ECW show out of random hopper.
Speaker 2: God, please, no, please, God, give me a break.
Speaker 1: Steaks couldn't be higher right now? I know what's it going to be next? TLFX style. We go old school here, see what we got in terms of show selection? Oh okay, thank god. W c W Clash of the Champions twenty three Which one is that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Let's take a look here. Clash of the Champions twenty three three is is Norfolk Virginia main event?
Speaker 1: Oh, arst and Pillman, This is a good one. Vader Rude and Sid versus Davy Boy. Just come in, Dustin and Sting, Holy Sadam Scorp. Count me the fuck in, ladies and gentlemen. Finally, we hardly have ever seen Hollywood blonde stuff.
Speaker 2: This is the one where it's like.
Speaker 1: The first time people saw main veentor in Steve Austin, I feel like across the wrestling community, and then it just goes away because Hogan comes in. This is like that that that captive period between Flair coming back and Hogan coming in where it seemed like a whole bunch of guys had shots in this regime and nope, nope, Bischoff would be firing Austin in very short order after this thing, and Pillman.
Speaker 2: Would be that's right.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to talk about e A CW manipulating the c W thing too? Oh there you go, holy shit. In between times, I mean not to scratch it out too much. My god, we talk about wild it's gonna be there. Class haven't done many clashes, if any, It's been a while since've don a clash. I think this is just like a sort of run of the mill clash, you know. Yeah, so that's fun. That's a fun way to switch it up. Yeah, back to when TBS primetime wrestling specials used to matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking back here, like just at some things. I don't think we've done clash in a long time.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do it all right, gear up, We'll see you next time on that far looking cast.